Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.67/5

Windstream’s VoIP provides businesses with reliable internet and phone services. Windstream has multiple plan options for businesses with different needs, including unlimited local and long-distance calling and advanced calling features.

Start receiving calls today

Manage Your Business Phone System with Dash from VirtualPBX

Get started

Start receiving calls today

Manage Your Business Phone System with Dash from VirtualPBX

Get started

Windstream VoIP Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Windstream VoIP?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Windstream VoIP?

Original review: April 9, 2021

Windstream is the only DSL service company available for my address. The price keeps going up and in order to have the internet speed I need, I am STUCK! They gave me a $5 credit just to turn around and increase prices by $3.40 so thanks for the $1.60. I wish I could go to CenturyLink for their guaranteed rate!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

My lines has been on the ground since Feb 15 2021 due to ice and snowstorm. I have waited 3 days for a tech to come reinstall the wires back to the pole and to my home. The technician never shows and keeps canceling due to outage. No data. I have outage due to line tore off pole. But my neighbor got his service back 2 days ago.

Windstream VoIP response

Hello Roberta! As a result of the ice storm and unprecedented flooding in Windstream’s service area, our customers have experienced extended voice and broadband outages.Windstream has worked in coordination with other utility providers in the area to restore power and network facilities, customers should start to see their services restore throughout this week and early next week. If you are still having issues with your service, please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com so I can assist.

Get buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

It has now been 72 hours without my business phones and they don't seem to care! I have been on hold for 20 minutes waiting on an explanation! I do not recommend Windstream for any business!! And they just hung up on me.

Windstream VoIP response

Steve, I apologize that this happened. Hopefully this has since resolved but if you still need assistance, I'd love to help. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com with your account information. Thank you, Maggie

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

I was told 3 days for a deposit refund back to my card. It's been 30 days. Customer service is pathetic. They lie to you to get you off of the phone. I was given 3 different answers...21 days, 28 days, and 1 to 3 days. The service is ok but if you call customer service plan on an hour.

Windstream VoIP response

Jeffrey, I apologize about the delay in refund. I can check on the staus of this. Please email me your account # or telephone # at wincanhelp@windstream.com. Thanks!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

This has been my experience with this company. You call report an issue. People you talk to are very good they create a ticket. Windstream texts a time they are going to work on issues at least 2 weeks in future. You wait all day for them. At end of day they send another text saying it will be a different day. This happens several more times and you wasted more days. Then they text saying issues resolved. When in fact issues aren’t resolved and they did not show up. So back to calling in issues. They drag everything thing out for months. I wish I had other internet choices. I would recognize going with another company if you have the option.

Windstream VoIP response

Francie, I apologize for the delay in your repair. Hopefully, we've been able to resolve. If you need assistance with your service or billing, please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com. Thank you, Maggie

Original review: May 9, 2020

Own two businesses and have never left a bad review until now. Contract auto renews. Im paying $385 for phone service only. It will be $2,293 to get out of the auto renewed contract of which I have been a customer for close to 7 years paying this crazy rate. Their solution, “we will reduce your monthly to $150.” I think I have paid the 2k with overpaying $235 per month for 6+ years. I would never treat my customers this way. Called 2 years ago to try and get out and it was going to be $6,000 no lower rate. Unbelievable! You don’t treat your customers this way.

Windstream VoIP response

Hello Brett! I can have our team take a look at your contact to see if anything can be done in regards to your rate or services. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com for assistance with this. Thanks! - Maggie

Original review: May 7, 2020

I had to close my Salon as of 4/29/2020 in Ft. Lauderdale Fla. I called Windstream to disconnect my phone service. Today I got a bill for May 2020, I dialed my salon number and it just rang, not disconnected. My husband called customer service and asked why we got a bill when the service was supposed to be disconnected. They replied we were responsible for the bill until they disconnect it. How is that possible or even allowed. The service was terrible anyway. Always going out.

Windstream VoIP response

HI Kathleen! I'm so sorry that your business continued to bill after your disconnection. I can have someone take a look at your account to ensure all of the proper adjustments have been made to your account. Please email me your information at wincanhelp@windstream.com. Thank you! - Maggie

Original review: April 15, 2020

After 10 months of off and on Internet service, speeds as low as 2mbps and constant drop-offs I left. Now, WS is refusing to release my tel number of 18 yrs to my new carrier. I've been forced to file an FCC complaint, so that I can get my number back. Terrible company!

Windstream VoIP response

Hello! I'm sorry to hear that you've made the decision to leave. Wndstream cannot legally refuse to release your number so I'd like to look into this matter to see what is holding up the request. Please email me at wincanhelp@windstream.com with your telephone number for assistance. Thank you, Maggie

Original review: March 31, 2020

We are a medical office and I'm always calling for VoIP repair services. The last two times I've had to call the service was horrible. These people don't care. It's been several days now, still not fixed.

Windstream VoIP response

Hello Sheresa. I'm sorry that you're having repeat issues with your VoIP service. Please send me your information via wincanhelp@windstream.com and I will ensure someone contacts you from our office. Thank you, Maggie

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

Our company placed an order for internet/phone service in 11/2019 as we were moving on 1/1/2020. The order included porting our current lines from Comcast to Windstream. Everything "should" have been ready to go on 1/3/2020. We received internet service the second week of January. It is now a few days away from MARCH and still our phones have not been ported. All we get is excuses and delays. Luckily we still have the Comcast service at our old facility so we are able to transfer 1/2 our calls to a cell phone, but we still can not receive calls directly. If we wouldn't still be paying for Comcast we may be close to being out of business.

We are now being charge by Windstream for services we can not use and also have to keep paying for Comcast to keep communication with our customers. Soon time to get the company lawyers involved. Windstream unfortunately was one of our only options since Comcast doesn't have service in this area. Also, ironically Windstream is literally our next door neighbor. BOTTOM LINE: If you have other options such as Comcast - by all means use them.

Windstream VoIP author review by Ellen Muraskin

Windstream VoIP offers services to Fortune 500 companies as well as emerging and established businesses.

• Customized services: Windstream representatives assess each new business to determine what services will best meet that business' needs prior to setting up VoIP services.

• Additional services: Hosted Voice is only one of the many managed services provided by Windstream. See also MPLS and wireless networking, managed security, storage and network access to third-party clouds, including Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services.

• Available across North America: VoIP has over 115,000 fiber route miles, meaning businesses can get service anywhere in America and Canada.

• Communication features: Windstream provides unified communications/collaboration features, web, voice and video conferencing and call center functionality.

• 24/7 service monitoring: Businesses can troubleshoot problems and order repair services at any time of the day or night.

by Ellen Muraskin VoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

Windstream VoIP Company Information