3.8/5 (129 ratings)

About Verizon VoIP

Verizon VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) helps small, medium and large businesses route and manage calls. Prices start at $35 a month for one to 10 VoIP lines. Features include call forwarding, voice mail, monitoring, productivity add-ons, on-hold music and mobile capabilities. Customers can also get discounts for bundling services.

Verizon VoIP Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon VoIP?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon VoIP?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

Our business phones, aside from our staff, are the most important necessity. Today, Friday at around 4 pm our Verizon phones at one of our locations stated, “you are not a registered user, unable to connect.” Then around 5:15 pm the other location stated, “you are not a registered user, unable to connect,” phones are now down, I called tech support but was met with a voicemail stating they are closed and will be available Monday morning. What phone company closes their business tech support on the weekend, not to mention 5 pm on Friday. I have been through this several times prior spending up to 2 hrs resolving this very same issue. Time I do not have especially during our peak hours.

This weekend I have no idea what I’m going to do because tech support is non existent. And their online support, ugh! If you can express the phone issue verbiage correctly then maybe you have a shot in resetting or troubleshooting your phones, but I highly doubt it. My issue usually results in advanced settings and passwords and direction given from the tech, so good luck. Companies in the service business on this level, closing at 5 pm and no weekend support, have no business being in the service business. Know this: If your business operations and profits are solely based on your phone connection, do not do business with Verizon. I do not recommend Verizon Business and will be switching to a service who offer 24/7 business tech support.

Original review: July 14, 2020

I decided to write a review as I’m an owner of a pediatric practice. We moved 3 months ago to a new location and we changed phone services to Verizon. It has been the worst services. Customer services agents give different, even opposite, advice. The phone lines fail daily. The app doesn’t work well to assure a 24-hour service to our patients. Auto-attendant stop working or after hours! With Verizon only work well for half day. My office manager sueño half of her days fixing daily problems with Verizon. Even patients pressing the correct prompt can’t conduct calls to the receptionist or doctor on call. It has been a nightmare. Now, we want to have our own server and move to analog but the main phone, our communication line to patients and other business, Verizon wants to cancel it. May you imagine the damage to a small business? Please, don’t listen to your IT expert suggesting Verizon. They don’t have e-fax.

Original review: June 30, 2020

I signed up for Consumer Affairs just to write this review. Verizon is the absolute worst customer service. They are rude, unresponsive and quite frankly it appears that they are lowering their customer service values rather than elevating them. I would not recommend using Verizon and I plan to terminate all of my accounts with them (business, personal and wireless user for over 20 years).

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

We run a small mental health practice and went with Verizon Business. It has been a nightmare. Sales does not communicate with any other department and gave us incorrect information about what our system could do. Tech support is good on the phone, but there was no orientation to the phones and 2 tech guys set up the system but did not explain how it worked. We thought we ordered 6 phones - they sent us 2, then to get the other phones set up they wanted $200 in fees. We started in June, it's now November, and as I write this I am on hold being transferred from tech support back to sales. I have been on the phone now 1 hour and 22 minutes, issues still not resolved. Go with another company, any other company. Nasa put a man on the moon 50 years ago without a computer, but they can't get phones set up in our office.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

As a small business our phones are our lifeline. Usually about every 1-3 months or more we will have to call tech support and wait on hold for 20+ minutes, just for them to get back with me and tell me that there is already a ticket in the system for the known problem and they will let me know when they get it working. (like today) Our phones will not roll over to 5 rings instead of just 1 before it goes to voicemail. Other times just no service. Constantly having to reset our phones. Seriously thinking about switching back to our previous cable provider.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

The sales and co-coordinators promised that we could migrate seamlessly, and our current Verizon analogue system that had a door intercom/buzzer, and shop wide PA system could be solutioned no problem. Fast forward 3 weeks and it's been a total nightmare. Techs that have no knowledge or experience of these systems. Phone support with very little help. A TOTAL TOTAL DISASTER. DO NOT USE VERIZON FOR VOIP SYSTEMS - go with anyone else, ANYONE. Verizon are not ready to install or support this VOIP as a solution at this point. DO NOT USE. (Otherwise satisfied verizon customer.)

Original review: April 11, 2019

Question to reviewers: Did you wait for the line to be ported over before closing down the other line? What model phones are you using. We've had the system for about a week and it seems to be working fine.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

We are a local phone system provider in NYC and Long Island for over 20 years, and can provide a local, transformative, and consistently good experience in carefully replacing the messes shown above. I am the owner here with my own full-time staff and a real office and tech center, dedicated to VoIP and Hybrid VoIP phone systems. We can reuse the Verizon internet portion of your account, to clean up the mess and make you very, very happy. We can be reached toll-free at 888-NYC-VoIP, option 2 (that's 888-692-8647, option 2). NOT A REVIEW.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

We are a small non-profit and had Verizon FIOS for our Business Internet and TV and had two analog Phone Lines. We had 8x8 as our phone provider. We expanded our office staff and needed additional lines and spoke to Verizon Sales and asked if: They could give us similar service to 8x8 with customizable phone menus and they said yes. We asked if we could use our existing equipment since it is the same as what is being sold by Verizon, they said sure, it just needs a firmware update. We asked if they could port our number without disrupting our day to day business, they said yes.

Four months later, and 6 failed work orders and we are nearly working again. They took 4 months to port our number. We had numerous phone outages. The technicians do not know how to set up the phone features. They call Verizon Business digital support or they say watch a Video for instructions. I really wish we could back out of our contract and go back to 8x8 or to Comcast.

Original review: July 18, 2018

This is by far the worst business phone service out there. I am going on my third day without service and this is by far ridiculous. I called and they said the network is down but my gosh are you kidding me not for businesses. I cannot afford to be down so many days and have lost compensation especially back during my busy season back in February and then now again but this time going on three days. The supervisor I talked to was supposed to call me back when I asked for reimbursement of the cost of those crappy phones and never received a callback nor service back yet. Verizon just needs to stick to cell phones and leave the business telephone service to the other well known carriers like AT&T.

Original review: July 12, 2018

Verizon messed up our lines. We hear a double dial tone on the phone lines. A ticket was created. We received a message with a ticket number that a ticket has been created and it will be resolved. The next day we received a message that the ticket is already resolved. No one ever showed up and the lines are not working. Today is Thursday. The lines are still not working since Monday. When we call in Verizon, they say the ticket is already closed. We lost a lot of business the entire week because of this and we are still losing money. We need the lines to be fixed asap and we want a compensation for the entire week that our internet and phone lines are not working. We lost a lot of money and a lot of customers that were unable to reach us walked away from us.

Original review: June 11, 2018

For almost a year we were having issues with our Phone service with dropping of calls. So we were looking at Verizon since we felt they were the big boy in the room and we would have more consistent and reliable service. The system we had was a business system with auto attendant, Greeting and Options when numbers is called before call is answered by a live person, with Music and messages on hold and the same full features as most large business use when people contact them. When we contacted Verizon, we informed them of the System we had in place and the company we used for this service. The salesperson said Verizon new VOIP service was exactly the same with one difference, they would come out and install the system and have if fully functional whereas the service we presently had was a customer based install and set-up was done by phone.

Pricing was also misrepresented. 4 install attempts were scheduled and confirmed. The 1st was canceled by Verizon, stating the equipment was on back order. The next appointment Verizon tech arrived, and we were informed that he only got the phones operational, it was our responsibility to set up the system. So we then contacted Verizon and was bounced around from department to department, each one giving us different information, one was billing which we were told the price the sales rep quoted us was almost $ 60.00 less than what our monthly bill would actually be. At that point we requested to cancel, and was switched to their Retention dept and we sent the tech on his way.

The Rep in the retention department was able to get credits applied to the account to match the price quoted, and then informed us he would have a tech sent out who would set up the auto attendant, music on hold so the system would be fully functional, but it would have to be rescheduled another week, he discovered the number being ported over was not released by the other carrier, so we rescheduled for the following week. On the 3 attempt, we called Verizon when the new tech arrived as to confirm our number was released by the other carrier and was told yes. This tech also stated he does not set up the Auto attendant or music on hold, so again back on calls to Verizon.

But decided to have the Tech proceed with getting the phones system installed. The Tech had the phones up and working within 15 minutes, but then ran into difficulties getting the number ported over, he spent over 1 1/2 hours on hold with Verizon's department that handled the porting over only to find the number was not released. He then reconnected our old service as to be able to maintain service with those numbers, and left. Again we were bounced around from department to department with different information provide by each department, and again we asked for the retention department. The woman in the retention department apologized profusely for all the issues, and was told she would get it resolved and get us up and running, after about 1/2 hour she informed us the number was not released and it would take a few days, she stated she would stay on top of it and keep me posted.

We never heard back from her, but almost a week later we received a text confirming an appointment for Friday of that week. Although I was out of town I decided to confirm that appointment, and had our office Manager be present. The Tech showed up and got the number ported over and contacted me as for my Log in information as to set up the Auto attendant and Music on hold, Since I was out of town and this information was not at hand I was not sure of the login information, and gave him what I thought might be it, but he tried but was unsuccessful signing into our online portal. So he left information for me to use as to set it up. NOTE: If we were informed prior I could have had the correct information there but Verizon communications are basically non-existent. Final Straw. Upon my return, I logged in, and the online portal at best was developed by Sheldon Cooper from the Big Bang Theory.

I do have a Network Engineering Degree and could not figure it out. SO after 3 attempts I called Verizon Business number the Tech left, and we still had problems, so she remotely accessed my computer, and she had problems, it took about 20 minutes until she was able to get us barely up and running. I then asked how to get the auto attendant initial greeting and to ask questions "Such as Press one for this department". She informed me that this system does not offer that type of service. I was informed when a call comes in and is not answered, it goes directly to a Recorded message instructing the caller to leave a message. Music on hold only works when a Call is answered and placed on hold. So in the end I was misled this was not a true business system, as the one I left. I will update my post.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I work at a businesses that has 10 various Verizon accounts, ip addresses, phone lines wireless accounts, there seems to be no coordination in the company for a representative to assist with all accounts. They just throw you from one person or dept to another and can't help. They have misplaced billing payments to the wrong accounts and then they will send you an e-mail stating they will cut off your service. They will willingly have 100 people ready to set up a new account, but not one person to help with your current accounts. So badly I wish there was another phone provider in the area. I would pay them extra money for better service. Verizon is a nightmare my worst nightmare.

Original review: March 15, 2017

We tried Verizon for our business phone service which had been landlines. We have always thought our cell phone service was great so hoped for the same with the business phones. Forget it!!! The phones do not roll from line to line, there is a huge delay, when it starts ringing and you answer, you have to wait a few seconds for it to connect before you start speaking, otherwise people think there is no one on the line, as you may said your greeting but the connection had not yet been made, so you hear, hello? Hello?! Same with dialing out, you dial and sit and watch the phone make these peaked lines for what seems like an eternity before you finally hear a ring. The sound is terrible, people think you sound underwater, and because of the delay you talk over each other. Extremely frustrating!!! They do not have the bugs worked out of this system yet! SAY NO!!!

Original review: June 21, 2016

I called Verizon customer service a few times the past month about trying not to get my phone lines interrupted so I set up a payment arrangement and secured my family phone lines. As of 06/21/2016 they shut off my phone and now they gonna charge an extra 300.00 to reconnect them. Before I thought I was doing good paying on time and I receive a text message stating that I owed late fee which was $165.00 and I even downgraded the family plan from 3gb to 1 gb. The monthly bill never changed it was still the same. This has happen to me before and I'm tired dealing with Verizon representative. Ain't no way I'm gonna pay for the late fee that I was not aware of.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2014

When I first signed up for services I was informed I was unable to use my work discount because of rate! However as long as I kept my phone service they would take ten off of my bill every month! But when I got my bill of course it wasn't done. When I called and spoke with a manager I appreciate him giving me a one time 60 credit but I still feel that's not fair because I was under the assumption that I would get the ten off! And at that time I was within my cancellation period, I could have cancelled.

Original review: April 27, 2012

We went to Verizon to update a phone and purchased the iPhone 4S and some accessories. We were shown the digital home phone, and we were told about the 14-day return policy. They opened the box. They didn't tell us about the restocking fee, until we returned it. It's not right; it's not something you do to an existing customer.

Verizon VoIP Company Information