Verizon VoIP
Looking for a good VoIP provider?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: March 15, 2017

4 Verizon VoIP Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: March 15, 2017

We tried Verizon for our business phone service which had been landlines. We have always thought our cell phone service was great so hoped for the same with the business phones. Forget it!!! The phones do not roll from line to line, there is a huge delay, when it starts ringing and you answer, you have to wait a few seconds for it to connect before you start speaking, otherwise people think there is no one on the line, as you may said your greeting but the connection had not yet been made, so you hear, hello? Hello?! Same with dialing out, you dial and sit and watch the phone make these peaked lines for what seems like an eternity before you finally hear a ring. The sound is terrible, people think you sound underwater, and because of the delay you talk over each other. Extremely frustrating!!! They do not have the bugs worked out of this system yet! SAY NO!!!

Original review: June 21, 2016

I called Verizon customer service a few times the past month about trying not to get my phone lines interrupted so I set up a payment arrangement and secured my family phone lines. As of 06/21/2016 they shut off my phone and now they gonna charge an extra 300.00 to reconnect them. Before I thought I was doing good paying on time and I receive a text message stating that I owed late fee which was $165.00 and I even downgraded the family plan from 3gb to 1 gb. The monthly bill never changed it was still the same. This has happen to me before and I'm tired dealing with Verizon representative. Ain't no way I'm gonna pay for the late fee that I was not aware of.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 10, 2014

When I first signed up for services I was informed I was unable to use my work discount because of rate! However as long as I kept my phone service they would take ten off of my bill every month! But when I got my bill of course it wasn't done. When I called and spoke with a manager I appreciate him giving me a one time 60 credit but I still feel that's not fair because I was under the assumption that I would get the ten off! And at that time I was within my cancellation period, I could have cancelled.

Original review: April 27, 2012

We went to Verizon to update a phone and purchased the iPhone 4S and some accessories. We were shown the digital home phone, and we were told about the 14-day return policy. They opened the box. They didn't tell us about the restocking fee, until we returned it. It's not right; it's not something you do to an existing customer.

Verizon VoIP expert review by Ellen Muraskin

One of the top wireless telecom and Internet service providers in the United States, Verizon offers customized VoIP services for businesses.​

• Verizon for small businesses: Verizon's small business VoIP offering combines on-site installation, voice and data up to 100 MB, equipment configuration, 24 x 7 service and remote technical support for 25 lines or fewer. Service-Level Agreement includes a four-hour time to repair for first-priority support calls.

• Keep your PBX or key system: Business Connection works with existing PBX or key systems.

• Other features: Verizon also offers Web, Voice and Video Collaboration tools, with a pricing model that can be based on ports rather than minutes.

• Use with WebEx: Verizon's Unified Communications services partner with Cisco's WebEx, for meetings that can share documents, chats, and video as well as voice and integrate with attendees' calendars.

• Global reach: As a major telco, Verizon can supply emergency, directory and operator services for VoIP customers in the U.S. and in 15 countries in Europe and Asia.

• Simplifies operations: Verizon offers bundled services such as Internet access points for Wi-Fi along with VoIP, making it easier for businesses to streamline and simplify operations.

• Consultants available: Users can consult with Verizon representatives to determine the best services for them prior to purchasing a customized VoIP and related services package.

• Best for: Small businesses and large businesses.

Profile picture of Ellen Muraskin
Ellen Muraskin

VoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

Verizon VoIP Company Information