3.9/5 (138 ratings)

About Verizon VoIP

Verizon VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) helps small, medium and large businesses route and manage calls. Prices start at $35 a month for one to 10 VoIP lines. Features include call forwarding, voice mail, monitoring, productivity add-ons, on-hold music and mobile capabilities. Customers can also get discounts for bundling services.

Verizon VoIP Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon VoIP?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon VoIP?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2022

Verizon wireless is the worst ** phone service I've ever hide in my life. When you call to talk to a customer service agent you get some stupid foreigner or a stupid automatic system. This is ** ridiculous. You are the worst phone service in the world. I would not recommend to nobody.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

I used to have Sprint before Verizon. I fail to see how when acquiring another company and incorporating its assets into your own how it is possible for the service to get worse. I rarely had service interruptions when I was with Sprint. I might have gotten 2-3 dropped calls a year. With Verizon, I get dropped calls 2-3 times a week and I lose all access to internet periodically throughout the day every single day. I don't live in the middle of nowhere, I live and work in Midwest suburbia so there is absolutely no reason why Verizon service sucks so much. Will be getting a new service as soon as phones are paid off.

Get buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 11, 2022

I'm a Sales Manager for an e-commerce business. We have 7 phones connected to our current network, I ran the One Talk - Use the Site Qualification and Validation Tool test several times a day after the owner of my company installed this One Talk system. The results that I received aren't accurate in my opinion because you constantly receive different results I must add even though I have all ports open and no antivirus programs running on that system so there's no reason for these phone issues that we're experiencing other than Verizon having issues with the software on their end, this is the only conclusion that I've come to.

Now for the customer service support during this experience so far has a score of ZERO the only time our Verizon Rep helps is if we're connecting new devices or phone numbers. My Boss had me order new updated desktop phone models because he thought it might be the phones not communicating correctly, the Verizon Rep got back to me right away for that though hmm, I'm still waiting for our Verizon Rep to get back to me so we connect these phones after numerous attempt's to contact her, this has been going on for three weeks now, not only that I asked for troubleshooting help to try and fix these phone call issues with no call back and or resolution regarding our call issues, that's great customer service isn't it? = SMH!!

The One Talk phone service is NOT reliable to say the least we have dropped calls the phones rings you answer the customer can't hear you or you don't hear the customer while the other phones on the network keep ringing after you pickup the call??? You're forced to reset the network numerous times a day, this is fun needless to say while trying to run a multi-million dollar sales department.

I was forced to write this negative review due the experience and in hopes that Verizon will back up thier product and train their staff that when a customers has an issue take care of them don't just sign up new customers for commissions. I warn customers that are considering implementing the Verizon One Talk system to their business please heed my warning and run away as fast as you can!!! "DO NOT GET THIS SERVICE".

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

Contacted Verizon to update my older router. Was told there is a newer router, so I bought it, plus I was sold to upgrade my land lines to BUSINESS DIGITAL. This was 2 weeks ago and now unable to speak to ANYONE. We need help. For example, when customers call, 75% of the time, we cannot hear our customers. Unable to set up Speed Dial. Unable to TALK TO ANYONE!. My company spends a sizeable amount of $ every month with Verizon 20 cellphones, 10 landlines, FiOS internet at 3 locations. I will CANCEL THEM ALL! They are quick to sale you product, but after that, they could care less! BTW: The tech did not have the new router which is clearly on the work order. He said wait a day. It has been over a week and NO ROUTER!!!!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

Verizon bought XO which bought Allegiance years before. Both XO and Allegiance were outstanding business phone companies. Any issues were quickly resolved by both. I was with Xo Allegiance for almost 18 years, then Verizon bought XO. Phone service quickly degraded and when I tried to get resolved I spent months trying to get someone to help...by the time I finally got someone to talk to me I already had an order in to a new company. Just before the switch, Verizon sent me an email stating they fixed the issue....LMAO....Nope you didn't. No worries. I was done. Or was I? It took me 5 months to cancel my service and I had to keep paying while I was waiting. The only way I could finally get my service cancelled was to quit paying...then they called me, finally. Now to add insult injury they are trying to charge me late fees for the "last month of non service". Don't walk, run away from this company and their products. They are horrible.

Original review: July 27, 2021

Verizon Business is terrible to work with, even though they sound great when you call them to sign up. I ported in a placeholder number 2 months ago when I signed up for a new service for my business. I then ported in my main phone number. Now, I am trying to port out my placeholder number and Verizon won't release the number. They say the account number is incorrect, even though it is correct. When I call Verizon they refuse to confirm why the port is getting rejected. I am really stuck in the middle here. I just asked to speak to a supervisor and was told the supervisor could not help me (the supervisor would not come to the phone). Really bad service from a bad company.

Original review: March 8, 2021

We had the same Yealink phones with another company, but our lease was expiring so I switched over to Verizon, because they are the greatest phone company in the world. But their software is so backwards and inflexible on the VOIP Business Class phones, they cannot create internal extensions so we can call each other in the office, or transfer calls. I have probably spent 15 hours on the phone with their tech department, the best they can tell me, I have to buy a $35/month phone line for every internal extension we require, what a joke this company is, very deceitful and sketchy for a billion dollar company.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

Small medical business that requires VoIP, in particular voicemail. To date, the system has completed failed once, and most recently, the associated voicemail is not working. When I attempted to contact customer service, I was informed the technical assistance was only available M-F till 5:00 PM. Absolutely unacceptable for any small business, let alone a business that provides medical services. We will be moving on to another provider. I would strongly advise others not to use this service.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

We regret having switched over to this VoIP service for our business. We have problems daily with phones being down, no dial tone. The VoIP service is plugged into their digital box, however, it continuously drops service. As a business, we rely on our phone to connect with customers and it continuously has been a burden to deal with. During the day the phone will loses dial tone and will not connect. We have to unplug from the digital box, wait a couple of minutes for it to reboot... This is completely unreliable for a business since it's essential to have the phones working all the time. It has been very frustrating.

Reports have been made and we've been given the run around. We spoke to a rep who visited the business and after hearing our frustrations she called her supervisor. She came back and said that they cannot do anything further for us, we have to call Verizon customer service. After spending over an hour to get to speak to a rep, we were again given a run around and was transferred to another person. Having to wait an additional 1/2 hr for that Rep, he said that we need to get new phones. One would think that the person who installed the service should have advised us of this. But then again... every time we call Verizon, it's a different answer. Verizon is so ridiculous, they collect our money every month since we depend on their internet service to run our business and we're "stuck" in a contract.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

Business Digital Voice Phone Service that is in its infancy is appalling... We have been with Verizon Business for 22 years and our Business phones are down because the BDV phone service was transferring calls waiting to a message so we called to order one of their phone center so we wouldn’t have this issue. They order service and ordered phone but started service without us having the phone yet... Now phones won’t work.

Emailed corporate and they still don’t have the capability to transfer me to tech support. How are they the leading phone service company. I have screenshots of all the the hours with their number listed, IM messages where I’m told they can’t help me, myFios app response where they are unable to help me.. Chat where they are unable to help me- all while I am waiting for someone for a human “we’re sorry all of our representatives are busy, you will hear music until your call is answered. Thank you for your patience”. 9:30 Am- 4:30PM still on hold...

Verizon VoIP author review by Ellen Muraskin

One of the top wireless telecom and Internet service providers in the United States, Verizon offers customized VoIP services for businesses.​

• Verizon for small businesses: Verizon's small business VoIP offering combines on-site installation, voice and data up to 100 MB, equipment configuration, 24 x 7 service and remote technical support for 25 lines or fewer. Service-Level Agreement includes a four-hour time to repair for first-priority support calls.

• Keep your PBX or key system: Business Connection works with existing PBX or key systems.

• Other features: Verizon also offers Web, Voice and Video Collaboration tools, with a pricing model that can be based on ports rather than minutes.

• Use with WebEx: Verizon's Unified Communications services partner with Cisco's WebEx, for meetings that can share documents, chats, and video as well as voice and integrate with attendees' calendars.

• Global reach: As a major telco, Verizon can supply emergency, directory and operator services for VoIP customers in the U.S. and in 15 countries in Europe and Asia.

• Simplifies operations: Verizon offers bundled services such as Internet access points for Wi-Fi along with VoIP, making it easier for businesses to streamline and simplify operations.

• Consultants available: Users can consult with Verizon representatives to determine the best services for them prior to purchasing a customized VoIP and related services package.

by Ellen Muraskin VoIP Advisor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

Verizon VoIP Company Information