3.7/5 (110 ratings)

About Verizon VoIP

Verizon VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) helps small, medium and large businesses route and manage calls. Prices start at $35 a month for one to 10 VoIP lines. Features include call forwarding, voice mail, monitoring, productivity add-ons, on-hold music and mobile capabilities. Customers can also get discounts for bundling services.

Verizon VoIP Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon VoIP?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon VoIP?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

Contacted Verizon to update my older router. Was told there is a newer router, so I bought it, plus I was sold to upgrade my land lines to BUSINESS DIGITAL. This was 2 weeks ago and now unable to speak to ANYONE. We need help. For example, when customers call, 75% of the time, we cannot hear our customers. Unable to set up Speed Dial. Unable to TALK TO ANYONE!. My company spends a sizeable amount of $ every month with Verizon 20 cellphones, 10 landlines, FiOS internet at 3 locations. I will CANCEL THEM ALL! They are quick to sale you product, but after that, they could care less! BTW: The tech did not have the new router which is clearly on the work order. He said wait a day. It has been over a week and NO ROUTER!!!!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

Verizon bought XO which bought Allegiance years before. Both XO and Allegiance were outstanding business phone companies. Any issues were quickly resolved by both. I was with Xo Allegiance for almost 18 years, then Verizon bought XO. Phone service quickly degraded and when I tried to get resolved I spent months trying to get someone to help...by the time I finally got someone to talk to me I already had an order in to a new company. Just before the switch, Verizon sent me an email stating they fixed the issue....LMAO....Nope you didn't. No worries. I was done. Or was I? It took me 5 months to cancel my service and I had to keep paying while I was waiting. The only way I could finally get my service cancelled was to quit paying...then they called me, finally. Now to add insult injury they are trying to charge me late fees for the "last month of non service". Don't walk, run away from this company and their products. They are horrible.

Get buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 27, 2021

Verizon Business is terrible to work with, even though they sound great when you call them to sign up. I ported in a placeholder number 2 months ago when I signed up for a new service for my business. I then ported in my main phone number. Now, I am trying to port out my placeholder number and Verizon won't release the number. They say the account number is incorrect, even though it is correct. When I call Verizon they refuse to confirm why the port is getting rejected. I am really stuck in the middle here. I just asked to speak to a supervisor and was told the supervisor could not help me (the supervisor would not come to the phone). Really bad service from a bad company.

Original review: March 8, 2021

We had the same Yealink phones with another company, but our lease was expiring so I switched over to Verizon, because they are the greatest phone company in the world. But their software is so backwards and inflexible on the VOIP Business Class phones, they cannot create internal extensions so we can call each other in the office, or transfer calls. I have probably spent 15 hours on the phone with their tech department, the best they can tell me, I have to buy a $35/month phone line for every internal extension we require, what a joke this company is, very deceitful and sketchy for a billion dollar company.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

Small medical business that requires VoIP, in particular voicemail. To date, the system has completed failed once, and most recently, the associated voicemail is not working. When I attempted to contact customer service, I was informed the technical assistance was only available M-F till 5:00 PM. Absolutely unacceptable for any small business, let alone a business that provides medical services. We will be moving on to another provider. I would strongly advise others not to use this service.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

We regret having switched over to this VoIP service for our business. We have problems daily with phones being down, no dial tone. The VoIP service is plugged into their digital box, however, it continuously drops service. As a business, we rely on our phone to connect with customers and it continuously has been a burden to deal with. During the day the phone will loses dial tone and will not connect. We have to unplug from the digital box, wait a couple of minutes for it to reboot... This is completely unreliable for a business since it's essential to have the phones working all the time. It has been very frustrating.

Reports have been made and we've been given the run around. We spoke to a rep who visited the business and after hearing our frustrations she called her supervisor. She came back and said that they cannot do anything further for us, we have to call Verizon customer service. After spending over an hour to get to speak to a rep, we were again given a run around and was transferred to another person. Having to wait an additional 1/2 hr for that Rep, he said that we need to get new phones. One would think that the person who installed the service should have advised us of this. But then again... every time we call Verizon, it's a different answer. Verizon is so ridiculous, they collect our money every month since we depend on their internet service to run our business and we're "stuck" in a contract.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

Business Digital Voice Phone Service that is in its infancy is appalling... We have been with Verizon Business for 22 years and our Business phones are down because the BDV phone service was transferring calls waiting to a message so we called to order one of their phone center so we wouldn’t have this issue. They order service and ordered phone but started service without us having the phone yet... Now phones won’t work.

Emailed corporate and they still don’t have the capability to transfer me to tech support. How are they the leading phone service company. I have screenshots of all the the hours with their number listed, IM messages where I’m told they can’t help me, myFios app response where they are unable to help me.. Chat where they are unable to help me- all while I am waiting for someone for a human “we’re sorry all of our representatives are busy, you will hear music until your call is answered. Thank you for your patience”. 9:30 Am- 4:30PM still on hold...

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

I have been through a few VoIP systems now, and this was hands down the worst. They outsource support, and the agencies they use are not competent with the system. I was able to listen on one support call while the support agent's husband told her how worthless she was. Super awkward. The system was not set up correctly (by their team) so it never worked correctly.

The portal is not user friendly, and without an IT specialist on hand a small company will likely not get what they need from it. One of the big sales points was that the contract was month-to-month and that the phones can be used with other providers. The contract is month-to-month, but they lock their phones. You have to go through a series of steps just to find the right people to help you. It took me over 20 hours of dealing with customer service over the phone, through Facebook Messenger, and through their support chat.

It's been a month and I was just notified that they show the phones unblocked, but I can't use them for 30 days. When I asked why the rep could not explain it. I asked him to put me through to someone who could. Nope. Apparently no one understands why. They actually told me that my appeal to unlock my 14 phones was put through a month ago, then said they saw no such record, so I'm not optimistic about being able to use these phones any time soon. Since VoIP became a viable solution I've tried 5 companies. This was the worst by a huge margin. Unless you have a dedicated IT department with someone who can manage your system, this one is not worth it. I promise you.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

I signed up for this service just to write this positive review for the Verizon OneTalk System. I own 6 small businesses all of them use Verizon OneTalk and we have never had any issues. Our sales rep was very up front about the process when we switched our first location in April of 2018. They had a 3rd party company that came on site and did my installation, training, and we still use them for continued support. Also, Verizon paid this company, I didn't.

I will admit that there is a learning curve with using their system, but no different than the learning curve was when I got my first business phone system 12 years ago. Now we have way more capabilities with answering calls and directing customers to the right locations. I get disgusted when I see all of these negative reviews for a truly great product when most of the times people have issues it is USER Error or INTERNET Issues. I am in the technology space so I understand that INTERNET is the primary cause of most VOIP issues. People who are quick to throw out bad reviews are probably the same people who tried to install the solution themselves or they have a unstable or unreliable internet connection and simply don't know how to fix their internet issue.

My final point. I have used this product and all its features to run my 6 businesses with no issue that was any fault of Verizon's since 2018. The solution is rock solid and they keep adding more and more features to it and have not charge me anything more for the service. It is a trustworthy, inexpensive solution that doesn't tie my small businesses into long term contract. As a matter of fact they don't have a contract so people can leave at any time. They have so much confidence in the product working that they give you a free out with no penalties because there is no contract. That sure doesn't sound like a company with a sub par solution who is wanting to lose customers because they make it so easy to get out. Remember when you point your finger at what you think is the problem, there are 3 other fingers pointing at what is mostly likely the problem.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

Our business phones, aside from our staff, are the most important necessity. Today, Friday at around 4 pm our Verizon phones at one of our locations stated, “you are not a registered user, unable to connect.” Then around 5:15 pm the other location stated, “you are not a registered user, unable to connect,” phones are now down, I called tech support but was met with a voicemail stating they are closed and will be available Monday morning. What phone company closes their business tech support on the weekend, not to mention 5 pm on Friday. I have been through this several times prior spending up to 2 hrs resolving this very same issue. Time I do not have especially during our peak hours.

This weekend I have no idea what I’m going to do because tech support is non existent. And their online support, ugh! If you can express the phone issue verbiage correctly then maybe you have a shot in resetting or troubleshooting your phones, but I highly doubt it. My issue usually results in advanced settings and passwords and direction given from the tech, so good luck. Companies in the service business on this level, closing at 5 pm and no weekend support, have no business being in the service business. Know this: If your business operations and profits are solely based on your phone connection, do not do business with Verizon. I do not recommend Verizon Business and will be switching to a service who offer 24/7 business tech support.

Verizon VoIP author review by Ellen Muraskin

One of the top wireless telecom and Internet service providers in the United States, Verizon offers customized VoIP services for businesses.​

• Verizon for small businesses: Verizon's small business VoIP offering combines on-site installation, voice and data up to 100 MB, equipment configuration, 24 x 7 service and remote technical support for 25 lines or fewer. Service-Level Agreement includes a four-hour time to repair for first-priority support calls.

• Keep your PBX or key system: Business Connection works with existing PBX or key systems.

• Other features: Verizon also offers Web, Voice and Video Collaboration tools, with a pricing model that can be based on ports rather than minutes.

• Use with WebEx: Verizon's Unified Communications services partner with Cisco's WebEx, for meetings that can share documents, chats, and video as well as voice and integrate with attendees' calendars.

• Global reach: As a major telco, Verizon can supply emergency, directory and operator services for VoIP customers in the U.S. and in 15 countries in Europe and Asia.

• Simplifies operations: Verizon offers bundled services such as Internet access points for Wi-Fi along with VoIP, making it easier for businesses to streamline and simplify operations.

• Consultants available: Users can consult with Verizon representatives to determine the best services for them prior to purchasing a customized VoIP and related services package.

by Ellen Muraskin VoIP Advisor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

Verizon VoIP Company Information