Unsecured Business Funding

St. George, UT

Compare Business Services

Research top Business Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I started my loan process with Vince, who assured me that even having a bankruptcy was not going to be an issue as it was not within the last 2 years. He gave me the cost of this service at $239.00, which consisted of doing all the "leg work" for me in finding the loans I qualified for. Being new to getting business financing, I trusted him. I was told it would not take more than two weeks to hear back from him. Well, I never heard from him again. I repeatedly called and got their voice mail with no return calls. I left emails for Vince and Carmen whom I spoke with in regards to obtaining credit reports. I left text messages and called again. They ignored all my attempts to contact them.

I asked for a refund of my money, but no-one was answering me so I filed a complaint with the BBB and then I received a call from James who apologized for the delay and said Bryce would call me on Monday and if I had further questions he was available to me. The next day I had a question and tried to reach James. In typical form, I did not receive a return call even though I left a voice message with him. Monday came and Bryce called to "get me started with underwriting." I asked why when I didn't even know what I was approved for, by whom, or for what interest etc. I voiced my displeasure at having to start over as the information he wanted I already gave to Vince. I told him something felt funny about this encounter. He asked if I wanted to proceed or continue with my refund request. I wanted my refund. He said I had to fill out a settlement agreement, rescind my complaint with BBB and I would receive my refund. He emailed me the settlement and I signed it, but I did not rescind my complaint as I did not trust this company any more.

I tried calling to find out where my refund was and after many attempts and voice mails left, I was able to speak to Carmen who said I needed to sign the agreement. I lost my connection with her and called back. This time I got James who yelled at me, tried to intimidate me, accused me of being "nothing but argumentative with everyone who tried to assist me," tried to twist my words and just would not let me get a word in. He then told me they never meant to refund my money anyway and would turn my file over to Robert. They claim to record all the calls they receive.

I hope they do as mine will show I was not anything they claim and all they did was rip me off, steal my money. Call it what you want, but this company is anything but legitimate, helpful or honest. I knew that when I saw the "settlement agreement" for refund, it has a clause that says you cannot have any complaints against them or they will not refund your money AND it says you cannot say anything bad to anyone, at anytime now or in the future, about their dealings with you. All you allowed to say is "It has been resolved." I chose to forfeit my refund so I could continue to tell everyone about this scam of ripping people off, taking their hard earned money, getting their hopes up and then accusing those who catch on of being in the wrong. DO NOT USE this company... You will be sorry you did.

I started this endeavor with Bryce **. He assured me that no matter how bad my credit was he could secure me a loan because I met the requirements. Which are No Bankruptcies, No Foreclosures, No Repossessions, and No Liens against me. Well I did not have any of that on my credit report and he also said that as long as my credit score was 560 or above I was a shoe in to get my Loan. I paid the $239.00 and 3 days later Vince ** calls and says that Bryce told him to take over my application and to finish the loan. I thought that it was weird but hey I have never tried to get a loan before so I went with it. Not 3 minutes into the conversation Vince asks me for another $750.00 to get a Dunn and Bradstreet number and a business plan written. They sent over what they needed and I filled all the paperwork out and Vince told me that I would have a Business Plan to go over and approve it, making sure everything was correct in about 3 to 5 days.

I have not heard from them since. Not a phone call, Email, or Text or for that matter a letter from the post office from them. I have called every person that I have talked to there and all I get is voice mail and they never call back. I have sent emails to all of them and none of them have responded. It has now been 4.5 weeks and still nothing. What a sham! I am embarrassed that I fell for this. Getting my money back from the bank. Carmen **, Bryce **, Vince **, Robert **, James **, you should be ashamed spreading false hope and taking people's money under false pretenses.

I started the process with "Vince," and then did the underwriting consult. Paid my $239 and then never heard from them again. Left several voice mails with anybody I could. Nothing. The company did nothing whatsoever for me.

I started the loan process but became ill and could not continue at that time. I kept in touch with Ryan ** so he would be aware of my actions. I sent an e-mail last year just before my move to a new home. After that, I had surgery and can not use my hands. I began reaching out to Ryan again but with no response from anyone. I paid a grand total of $2,000.00 but I did not get what I paid for. I need to complete the financial part of the business plan but that is all that is needed to complete my work. I need either my money or the loan.

I called and spoke with Paul ** about a business loan. He explained what they could do and that the charge for the service was $249. I said that was fine as long as the services were provided first, then they could charge my credit card. He said that was fine and would not charge my card till there was a loan that I agreed on. I gave him my info and, sure enough, he ran my credit card. I called him back and explained that he said he would not do that until the service was provided. Paul disagreed with what I said and hung up on me. Still to this day, there is nothing from them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Unsecured Business Funding?

I also paid $2,500 and I also received no services. I also filed a complaint with the BBB and after that I received a call from Jay. He told me that he apologizes and that he would always be available to me but I have never heard from them again. I have put in several calls and emails and still no response.

Unsecured Business is trying to collect $2,000.00 from me for doing absolutely nothing for me. I paid to sign up with them and never heard from them. This is the initial complaint I filed back in February 2011.

This company stated it will get your business funding of between $75,000.00 - $500,000.00 without personal guarantees within 30 days. When calling the company and trying to speak to Dave **(who was assigned to help me) after I paid $2500.00 to them for their services, he is increasingly unavailable. I and my partner have made numerous calls and left various voice mails for him which are not being returned. The receptionist always patches my calls to his voice mail but never to him. So I am still waiting for call backs from weeks ago. This is very frustrating. I called and asked for Jay ** who also was not in so again, I am leaving messages. Also, I was told I would receive credit ratings from Dunn & Bradstreet but I have now contacted Dunn & Bradstreet who says nothing has been reported to my credit file! I reported Dave ** and Unsecured Business Funding to The Better Business Bureau.

About 1 week later, I was contacted by Dave ** by email. He informed me that he was aware of the the complaint filed against him to the BBB. He said that he would be unable to work with me until I removed the complaint filed against his company. I responded that I'm neither willing nor capable of removing the complaint until he either did what he promised he could do, or issue me a refund. I also reminded Mr ** that everything I've reported is 100% accurate. I then advised him that I archive all of my emails and said that he needs to be careful how he responds. He then responded "Wonderful, so we both have the same emails."

I have been receiving calls from a company called Universal claiming to be calling on the behalf of Unsecured Business Funding. They are now claiming that I have a $2,000+ debt with Unsecured Business. I've explained to them that UBF hasn't delivered any type of products or services to me. They've given me nothing. They claim that they were going to set up a website for me and I haven't heard from them since. I ,all of a sudden get these calls from their collection agency demanding payment. I've explained to them that I have a complaint filed already with the BBB for their unethical practices. The representative said it doesn't matter because I owe this money and that I must pay. I explained to them that I don't just give my money away for free.

I haven't received anything from them, no product and no services. I've demanded a refund from them because they promised me that they will get me the results I was looking for or I'll be refunded. It didn't happen so I contacted my bank and they investigated it and was promptly refunded by my bank. My bank also indicated that I won my dispute and that there's no further work to be done on my part. I've explained this to the representative that called me and asked her not to contact me again. She responded telling me that the phone calls will continue until this debt is satisfied. I told her that I will sue her and her company if this continues. She responded by saying "sue me. " I said alright and then disconnected the phone call.

This company stated it will get your business funding of between $75,000.00 - $500,000.00 without personal guarantees within 30 days. When calling the company and trying to speak to Dave ***, who was assigned to help me. After I paid $2500.00 to them for their services, he is increasingly unavailable. I and my partner have made numerous calls and left various voice mails for him which are not being returned. The receptionist always patches my calls to his voice mail but never to him. So I am still waiting for call backs from weeks ago.

This is very frustrating. I called and asked for Jay **** who also was not in so again I am leaving messages. Also I was told would receive credit ratings from Dunn & Bradstreet but I have now contacted Dunn & Bradstreet who says nothing has been reported to my credit file! I reported Dave ***** and Unsecured Business Funding to the Better Business Bureau. About a week later, I was contacted by Dave ***** by email. He informed me that he was aware of the complaint filed against him to the BBB. He said that he would be unable to work with me until I removed the complaint filed against his company. I responded that I'm neither willing or capable of removing the complaint until he either did what he promised he could do or issue me a refund. I also reminded Mr ***** that everything I've reported is 100% accurate. I then advised him that I archive all of my emails and said that he needs to be careful how he responds. He then responded, "Wonderful so we both have the same emails."

Unsecured Business Funding Company Profile