TransTech Merchant Group

Fort Worth, TX

Compare Business Services

Research top Business Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

A former employee of ours signed up with this company and its shady promises 5 years ago. We never once used their services yet for the past 5 years they have taken close to $300 per month EVERY month. They will not close the account. They say they will continue taking out this amount every single month. They have literally stolen thousands from us for years for nothing at all. We never used them once EVER! How do you justify taking out $300 a month for non-service? They're so shady they won't even put their name on the withdrawals.

I had to make 5 phone calls just to find out who they even were. After finally locating the original contract and trying to contact this company, I find out that all of the contact info has changed and all of the phone numbers on there are disconnected. I had to go through many hoops just to get someone on the phone. When I finally did, they tell ME that I have never used the accounts with them once. TWO accounts? Yes they were stealing from me under TWO accounts. They refuse to stop taking funds. Constantly repeating that they have a signed contract which entitles them to take $300 a month from me for no reason at all but because they can. Scammers! Thieves! DO NOT USE THEM NO MATTER WHAT THEY TELL YOU!!! PLEASE DONT!

A sales rep came into my shop and told me how much money I could save on credit card processing with this company. That was the first lie and I have been lied to from them ever since. From processing fees, to activation fees, to hidden fees, to annual fees, nothing has been as represented. When I tried to cancel the account I got more runaround and fees for five more months. I hope now I am finally done with this nightmare. Please stay away from these people!

I had a sales rep come into my store many times. Kept telling me I would save money changing to this company - TransTech Merchant Group. I finally after her many returns to my store signed up, but she needed a voided check to complete the contract. When she came in the next day I told her I didn't want to go through with this deal. She said okay and left, never getting a voided check from me. 3 days later equipment came and I called and told them I told the sales rep I didn't want to do business with TransTech Merchant Group. Well they said "You're in a non-cancellable contract" and it's been one big headache after another with these people.

All of us small businesses need to start a Class Action Lawsuit against TransTech Merchant Group. We need to all come together and stop them from stealing our hard earned money because that's just what they are doing - stealing from us all. And my contract the sales rep got my 2 business info backwards on the contracts too.

TransTech merchant group along with its other name certified payment processing, stay far away from this company. No matter how good the sales rep is tell them no, and to leave. I can write a lot of details, but I'D rather just give a fair warning to any small business. You'll save yourself a lot of frustration, money, and time finding another card processing service.

I discontinued service with Transtech in December of 2014. In June of 2015 I still see a charge on my statement. I did send them a letter in December. So I called and they said they got the letter but they would only refund me three months of charges. Not all the charges even though it was their mistake. They said my contract says they are only responsible for three months even though it's their fault. I think they do it on all accounts that discontinue service and just wait for you to call. Very unfair. And I asked to talk to someone else they said they were the highest person I could talk to.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TransTech Merchant Group?

A salesman came to my shop and told me he could save me money on the cost of the service for credit cards. I told him I do very little credit card business and told me it only cost $12.95 per month plus any transaction. When I got my bank statement they had taken $50.44 out of my account. When I called them they said they had a contract I signed and that is the cost. The salesman kept coming back with the contract to be resigned because of errors he had made. He came back three times. I did not read the contract each time. I put a stop on my account and used a different name to take money out of account. I have had to close my account to stop them. Now they say I owe $658.95 and First American payment systems called to collect money also. I have contacted the BBB and filed a complaint. These are bad people and need to be stopped.

I too was a victim of TransTech Merchant group. Their pushy salesman came into my store where there are children around (whom of which I would have NEVER hired to work for me), was extremely pushy about saving me money on my credit card processing system. Me being a new business owner (one month in) just wanted him to leave so I signed his paperwork. I was told I could cancel within 30 days because I told them I needed to speak with my husband about it first. But you know everything had to be done "that day". I called to find out what I had to do to cancel. I was told to simply fax in a letter in writing and it would be cancelled. I did this on July 24, 2014 @ 9:43 a.m. I just received a letter from an attorney saying I owe them $579.35 and the new company's name is First American Payment Systems, not even TransTech anymore.

I signed a contract with TransTech Merchant Group in 2005 and used their service until 2014 and really did not have many complaints about them. Unified Payment Systems offered a better deal and assured me they would deal with the old merchant and make sure the accounts were closed. They did not. I have since closed my business and the associated bank account. I am now being charged a termination fee that is now $710.96 and being threatened that more will be added tomorrow 5/29. Had I known to send a letter requesting the account closed at the time I changed merchants there would be no charge. So I was not served by either one and now am being hounded by the collections department at TransTech.

This company has been scamming me for months. The contract I signed with a man who came into my store said there would be no annual fees and a $2 monthly fee. Come to find out they also charge exorbitant monthly fees to process different cards. The sales rep was unreachable and I was left with a contract that had a three-year term agreement. To get out of it, they charge $495 -- a HUGE amount for a small biz like mine. I fear they will continue to try to leech money from my account after this, based on other peoples' experiences that I've seen. People on the phone have no compassion or care, the woman who has been harassing me daily about this told me "if I knew what was best for me I'd get my credit card out right now or I'd live to regret it" -- who speaks to a customer like this??

TransTech Merchant Group provides the worst business in merchant service field and a complete scam. I have used their service over two years and never received any professional service. When I needed to closed my old account and setting a new account with my partner, I was told the old account will not be charge with any costs in September of 2014. I received a letter in March of 2015 asking me to pay $610.93 because my old account has not been closed out properly.

I have spoken with representatives several times and was treated without any respect and demand me to pay off the balance and threaten me of the consequence that will hurt my personal credit. The account manager who is only person that I am allow to speak threaten me by raising her voice to me and question me whether I am capable of taking responsibility as an adult. I am in progress of finding a new merchant service and have decided to close out my active account as well. In my opinion, the sales representative only care about setting up me with new account that benefit him and have completely forgotten to close my old account.

Salesmen aren't knowledgeable AT ALL on what they're selling. He didn't even know the rates they offered. Long story short, the "manager," Sherman lied about giving me a trial period so I had to pay a cancellation fee just to be done with these jokers. THEN, they got me locked into an equipment leasing contract because they failed to inform me that the equipment was leased through a different company. They've cost me almost $2500 just because they lied. Total jerks and very unprofessional. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. I rarely write negative reviews but these guys have really ticked me off.

One day a slightly drunk salesman came unto my restaurant to sell me on this "company." He had me fill out some paperwork so that he could get back to me with an accurate quote, I never actually saw all the paperwork as he had me talk to his supervisor on the phone cause he was new and didn't have all the answers to my questions. I even asked if had a more updated catalog or one that I could have, he did not. The guy came back a day or two later and asked me for some banking information. At this point I told him I had googled the company and was not interested in their services. I assumed that was the end of it till I got a phone call from some woman in Texas saying that I owe them $500.00 dollars for equipment I never received and an early cancellation fee. I asked her to send me a copy of this "contract" I supposedly signed, and proof that they had delivered equipment to me. This just happened today so I haven't received anything yet, but when I do I'll be bringing it straight to the State's Attorney.

I never left any negative feedback on any company but this company is deserve it. We been with them for 4 year (almost 5 year). They will talk you into sweet deal but when you sign the contract, that’s the different story. Not only you get hit with high fee after a year. After put up with them for so many year we decide to cancel them and paid the closed fee $495 last month before they could charged us yearly fee. But guess what? Up today they charged us $124 yearly fee and $50 for monthly STILL even though we CANCEL AND PAID THE CLOSED FEE a month ago. Stay away from this company people. They care nothing about their customer. They only want profit and their interest is sky-high. Switch to Heartland is our best decision ever. Not only we saved $150-200 a month with them but the customer support is way better.

The sales person Jennifer ** and her husband had been coming into our Nutrition Club for a short time. We use SquareUp - the flat rate of 2.75%. Jennifer stated she could save us money - that through her company, the rates could be .69 on debit cards and 1.69% on mastercard/visa. I confirmed multiple times there would be no monthly fees/minimum's/yearly or other fees - just like Square. She stated yes more than once (over a period of 2 weeks as we talked). She had mentioned the POS system. Said how it could do everything the square register did plus inventory and loyalty cards, etc. I said we didn't need anything because we already had an iPad (which we used with Square). That we could just use the M+.

When I received this email, I called Jennifer and emailed. She responded back to wait until she checked in with her office to see what it was. My email to Jennifer: "This came to my business account. Is this sent via your company? What is the 'lower' leasing payment they mention?" Jennifer's reply: "Looks like it is a lease payment for the iPad system. Please don't do anything. Let me call into the office and find out exactly what it is." Jennifer then came into the club, said "yes, it's for the iPad POS system" and stated we would not have to pay anything, that because I had referred people, there would be no charges. My email to Jennifer, "So - agree to this? But I'm not bound to the $109/month?". Jennifer's response, "Yes please".

Since that time, my account was deducted for statement fees, monthly fees and this lease fee. Multiple times when she was in the club she stated there would be a refund and credits. On Jul 23rd, in fact, you'll see where I asked about the credit for the $127 and my other credits. Jennifer's response, "typically you receive all referral and promo credits on the 15th and 1st." We received nothing on July 15th and nothing on August 1. On July 31 I texted Jennifer about my brother's account. No response. On August 2nd I called and left a message for Jennifer after finding another charge on my account for fees. No response.

On Monday August 4th, called Jennifer 2 times, phone went right to voicemail. I left messages. I also attempted to contact her support person (Drew **). On Tuesday August 5th, called Jennifer, left message. Called support person (Drew) twice. Had to leave message with another person. No return call from him. Called 3rd time, left voicemail. Wed August 6th, called again. No return calls. Thursday August 7th, no call from Jennifer. Reached "Drew". After explaining situation, was placed on hold... I hung up after being on hold for 25 minutes. Called again - no answer. Called later - left message. Spoke again on Friday. After speaking for 5 minutes, the call "disconnected". Not once has "Drew" returned my call.

During the time I also tried reaching Jennifer - phone went directly to voicemail. I then used another phone and called Jennifer. The phone rang through to voicemail. No direct. That tells me my cell phone number had been placed into "do not disturb." I then called from another number - no answer. 15 minutes later "someone" called back from Jennifer's phone. When I answered, they hung up. When I called back - no answer. Now - that number goes directly to voicemail. Clearly on DND. I then started doing research on the credit card processing company - TransTech - and found many complaints with the BBB for this company with their sales people doing the same thing! Claiming they could beat Square, etc. **.

I then searched and found criminal action had been taken against Jennifer ** by the SEC! for being involved with a company and fraudulently buying credit card portfolios. It's clear that Jennifer stayed in contact long enough for 15/30 days to pass. Now - does not respond. Their company support person won't return calls and hangs up. I also emailed Jennifer at both emails I have for her. No response. We are a small business. The fees and lease total over $200. We would need to be doing over $20,000 a month in credit card processing to justify the difference in percentage saved in CC fee %'s. We typically do $50/day average. $1000/mth.

That's the short version... The leasing company, based on the above and the screen shots, released me from the contract. TransScum collection people are continuing to call - despite being told to stop.

This company has lied to my colleagues and myself right from the beginning about what fees we would be charged. We wanted to cancel right away but would be charged too much. Now that my contract is expiring I had to write a letter and fax it then call to confirm they got it. I was told after Sept I wouldn't be charged any more fees, I also sent it by mail and made them sign for it. It's Oct 3rd, I checked my bank account and was charged another monthly fee plus $90 annual renewal fee. I called and was told the fee was for Sept and after Oct 5 (the day my contract expires) I can call and request a refund for the renewal fee. I would strongly discourage anyone thinking about using this company, there probably isn't anything legally that can be done to them because they have everything written in the their contract that would take hiring a very good lawyer to read it for you. The sales rep well lie to you but once you sign that contract they basically can charge you whatever they want and they do.

I called to see where my new terminal was and they asked me what my info was and it was totally wrong. The sales rep got three things wrong on my agreement. At one point I asked to shut it down for the reason of incorrect information that I would be liable for down the road. I said, "I did not write the info down. The sales lady did." And she kept holding the paper work in her hand. So I could not look over it as she was writing it. Then she of course wanted my signature and said, "You will get copies to read!" And furthermore you cannot have a agreement between two parties with incorrect info. For example the EIN number was wrong. WOW that is big when reporting to agencies such as the IRS. Could shut me down for that reason alone. And it would be my fault.

Don't let them out of your bus. without holding the paperwork for days and check it over with a lawyer first. I say a class action is what this company needs in light of sloppy bus. practices and procedures!!! What a waste of my time. They also lied about thirty day trial. Now I have 3 to quit. Watch them wiggle out of that somehow. This is just a personal waste of all of our bus. time to value. We are busy people trying to make it work and to have them come along and mess it up is unconscionable. Don't open your door to these people. Don't waste your time.

I was visited by a salesperson representing Trans Tech Merchant Group. Her name was Jennifer. She told me I would be receiving a free credit card processing machine if I signed on with her company. I trusted her so I signed the papers. Now I am stuck with a 5 year non-cancellable lease for $111.00 a month. I am planning a Law suit. I would give them 0 stars. If you had a bad experience with them please contact me. **

I have also been victim of TransTech Merchant Group's unethical business practices as many of you are as well. Their sales rep came into my business and proceeded to sell me the M+ terminal claiming it featured a lower swipe fee than square (which I was using). I asked several times if there were any other fees, monthly fees etc. and she assured me there was not. She also had me speak to her supervisor on the phone because she was new. I also asked him if there were any other fees and he also assured me there was not. All of this was wrong!!!! Not only was I now locked into a 3-year contract with a $495 early termination fee, but also get charged a monthly service fee along with the per swipe fee. As soon as I saw the extra charge on my bank account on, I called the company and they refused the reverse the charges or let me out of the contract because I was over the 15-day grace period by 3 or 4 days.

I have seen numerous complaints for TransTech with the same M.O and instead of just writing our complaints and it probably going no further and the company not being held accountable for their actions, I think the best thing to do is to file a complaint on TransTech with your State Attorney General. Perhaps if we start flooding their offices, they will take notice of the habitually unethical business practices of TransTech and do something about it! I am in Iowa and when I called the Attorney General office the other day, only one other complaint had been filed and that was back in 2010. I know they have done this more frequently, so let's all band together and stop this madness!

I was with Transtech for 4 years. I missed the cancellation window by 7 days, so they charged me $495. I told them never-mind I prefer to stay with them and not be penalized $495 dollars. They said no, I could not stay for fear. I would leave them the following year without penalty. I was dumbfounded when they would rather take the $495 than keep me as a client... Here's the biggest thing!!!! I have been reading all these "complaints". I think we can all agree, they are frauds.. Whats the next step? We need to stop complaining and DO something.. Somebody has to have an idea..

We signed up for the credit card processing service which they stated was going to cost $99.95. When I got my first bill, there was a charge for an additional $95.00 that I had no idea about. The salesman that sold me this service (misrepresented the entire service and conditions) eventually quit. If you do a google search on TransTech Merchant Group, you'll see more examples of their fraud. I called in to cancel the service and they are asking for a $495.00 cancellation fee. They target small businesses like mine and say whatever it takes to get businesses to sign up for a 3-year agreement that they never plan to let anyone out of. They give you a 15-day return policy (salesman told me 30 days) but they don't overcharge you until after that expires. There are cheaper/more consumer friendly options like Square, etc... Stay away from these guys! Please read the other posts as they are pretty similar to my situation/dealings with them.

I am a salon owner and the rep for this company came into my place of business selling the card machine. They were running a promotion that was excellent because the machine was mobile. The promotion was as follows: "No annual fee, no processing fee and no application fee". The promotion also allowed 50 free gift cards for clients and a flat rate of a monthly service fee for 3 years. I received the machine with no gift cards, Monday my account was debited for $71.01. When I contacted customer service, I was told that it was a oversight on their end and my account would be credited back in 1 business day that never happened. I had to get my bank involved to do a STOP ALL because sister companies affiliated with this company had started to debit my account for fees that I wasn't aware of, some of the amounts I almost didn't notice. They were taking small increments but on a daily basis.

They allowed me to cancel the service but when I tried to send the equipment back, I was told that I was locked into a 60-month NON-CANCELLATION LEASE, and I was outside of my 3-day trial period so I could not return it. Needless to say, I am fighting that also while my bank is fighting to get all of the money returned back to me. Please stay away from this company, it is a NIGHTMARE!

I was signed up for an auto detailing business that my buddy had created to help get him sales when he worked for them. Well after cancelling all accounts even my personal bank account they were taking money out of, I have received notice that I owe them $1270 in remittance payments. And I have received phone calls from one Sunny ** telling they will take legal action if they don't receive said payments.... My whole thing is that I canceled all accounts with them, even called and verified that they were canceled... and of course the agent that handled it all was fired for "misrepresenting the company and its procedures"... I'm also wondering if they are somehow preventing me from getting a job somewhere...

TMG merchant services said they never received faxed paper and automatically signed up for another year after fulfilling a three-year contract and continue to this day to withdraw fees of $106.96 monthly out of account. To cancel they want another $800 - the fax was conveniently lost and the phone call forgotten - although ample time was given to them.

TransTech rep lied to me and suckered me into signing what I thought was an application. Took money from my account and actually changed numbers on my application after I signed it. They now call and harass me several times a day every day. I had to close out my business account and open a new one just to continue with normal business. The worst company I've ever dealt with. Should be put in prison but instead are making millions of unsuspecting business people and consumers based on false promises. Total deception and actually fraud in changing contract terms and prices after you sign.

About a year ago I took over my family's furniture store in Eugene, OR, and unfortunately I also inherited TransTech as the merchant processor. Things seemed to be OK for about the past year, though I found their statements basically impossible to decipher on what my actual charges are. There are about 12 different categories for all different types of payments, so what you're going to be charged, and when the funds will be withdrawn is basically a huge guess.

Recently however using this company has become a huge nightmare! I received a fairly large order from someone out of state for furniture that was to be shipped to a vacation home. The customer's credit card approved the order and released the funds to TransTech, but TransTech decided they didn't want to release the funds to me, even though both the customer and his credit card didn't have an issue with the transaction. I've spent the last two days doing nothing but waiting on the phone and talking to customer service representatives (a different one every time of course). I've had to harass my customer with numerous phone calls and emails to get more and more information, and finally today I received a call from TransTech and they said they still wouldn't release the funds.

To make things worse, this entire time they were also holding all the funds from all my other sales I had made (it is now 6 days of transactions I haven't received), but of course they have no problem taking their merchant fees out on a daily basis, including from the money they refused to release to me! At this point they're basically a bunch of thieves! They have thousands of dollars of mine, have taken their fees out of my banking account (instead of from the transactions as regularly), and haven't given me a dime in almost a week. The customer service I talked to was either ineffective and at a loss to do anything, or were rude and unhelpful. They constantly refer to a contract that I never was shown or signed. I'm now looking for another merchant processing company and will never do business with these deceptive criminals again!

TransTech Merchant group took almost $70.00 in monthly fees for an account that had not even been set up. They sent me a card processor that did not work and that I had for only 10 days with NO TRANSACTIONS on it. Terminal came on 9/20 and never worked and they debited my account on 10 /1. After calling to complain, they conveniently told me that the system is automated to deduct fee on the first of the month....

HOW CONVENIENT for a customer who has not been set up yet; not to mention several calls for someone to come out to fix the problem to no avail. Typical big business Scum bags. Thanks for absolutely Nothing but a big Headache. Do yourself a favor and stay away from these predators. They do not care about working for your best interest - the epitome of what is wrong with American bank business!

In January, a young woman came into our salon and day spa and asked if she could talk to us about our credit card processing. She was not dressed professionally and she looked very questionable. Our first instinct was to decline to speak with her but she pulled out some information that we looked over. We agreed to a meeting as she looked like she needed help.

At the start of this meeting, she immediately called into her supervisor "Drew." She proceeded to put the call on speaker so that everyone in the salon could hear all of our personal financial business. This was very upsetting. When asked to not use speaker, she acted as if we had completely offended HER. She was snappy and rude to both me and my aunt and very short with her supervisor. She acted like it was an inconvenience for her to be working.

During the call with Drew, we explained that our current credit card processor also handled our loyalty points program and that we would need an additional 30 days on the trial period so that we could get people switched over and into the new loyalty points program. We were very firm on the fact that we couldn't just start using the equipment the day we got it and that because of this, we needed extra time on the trial. Drew assured us that this was not a problem at all. He completely understood our concerns and why we needed the extra time. (As a salon and day spa, while we do keep some regular client info, we don't keep info for everyone who has a loyalty points card. If you have it when you come in, we swipe it and add your points. At $15 for every $100 spent, some people have racked up significant amounts of credit and save this credit for months on end to use on gift certificates for others or special spa days. They COVET these points and we didn't want to upset people by denying them their credits.) Again, Drew completely understood our reasoning and was in agreement with us regarding the best way to handle the change.

Fast forward 3 weeks... When we received our equipment, we did not set it up right away. When we put off the set-up call more than once, the sales rep came back in to question us as it why we hadn't set it up yet. First of all, she was dressed like a **. My aunt was in Mississippi and my grandmother was working the reception desk. I was next door working at my other job. The sales rep demanded to know where my aunt was and why she hadn't done the set-up. She used foul language to my grandmother right in front of a salon full of clients.

When my grandmother told my aunt and I what had happened, my aunt told me to cancel the contract. It was almost a week after it happened that we found out she had behaved this way. I immediately started calling to cancel the contract. When I called the customer service representatives, they told me that we would have to pay a $535 cancellation fee. I explained what Drew had told us but they were completely unwilling to budge and told me that I would have to get Drew to call over and deal with the cancellation. I called the sales rep but she had already been fired and was unwilling to help me at all. I spent 3 hours on the phone with various divisions and call center locations trying to find this "Supervisor Drew" person.

When I finally got in touch with him, he was extremely apologetic for her behavior and told me that we were not the only company who had experienced her "charms" which is why she had been fired. He told me that he would handle this and that I had nothing to worry about. He continued to apologize profusely for everything but he understood why we didn't trust or have any faith in TransTech. I was also upset that I had to track him down instead of a customer service rep taking the initiative to do so. He told me that he would call me the next day to confirm the cancellation but to look for a FedEx call tag in the mail in the next week. I never heard from him and I never got a call tag either.

I have called him every few weeks since the end of February. Usually, I either get hung up on while I am on hold waiting for him to come to the phone or the line rings busy and I cannot get through at all. When I do get him on the phone, he assures me that this will be the last time that I have to call. Obviously that isn't the case. It is now almost September and it still hasn't been cancelled. We have never even taken the equipment out of the box but we are being charged every month for a service that we don't want.

They offered trial saying they could beat current rates. Sales rep gone and no one installed equipment. They then charged for equipment and when contacted they said 595 cancellation fees. They lied about rates, they lied about trial. Once they have your name and social they will do as they please and try to drain your account if you don't want the bogus service they provide. Beware, they lie. All outside reps - no training just tell you anything.

A sales representative from TransTech Merchant Group came into our restaurant and told us how much money he could save us on our credit card processing. We told him we would like to research his company before making a decision to change. Every time I asked about a term, the answer would change. He said we would lease a machine and I told him we have a free machine provided now. Then he said, "Oh yeah, we can give you a machine." We finally agreed to allow them to start a credit check so that if we decide to use their service, the process would move faster. Two days later, we received a call and they told us we were signed up! They provided a merchant number and said they were calling to program our machine! We are sending a letter to the company informing them that we do not want anything to do with their company due to their deceptive practices.

I signed a contract with a credit card processing company, TransTech Merchant Group, or TMG, based in Carrollton, Texas. TMG claims the actual processing is handled by their subsidiary, First American Payment Systems. The bottom line is that after three years of firsthand experience with their deceptive trade practices, I have learned how difficult it is to get out from under their "lease agreement" and exorbitant fees.

Unfortunately, I opened two additional accounts with a "wireless" terminal, because TMG "required" this as opposed to adding to the existing account for the landline. One new account was never activated or used, yet TMG and their affiliates have drafted $913.65 in fees and charges over a 12-month period. They refuse to refund any of the money or give any sort of credit as they are considered "valid fees" by their smooth-talking "customer service" reps. In my opinion, do not sign up with TMG and do not work for them either. They cheat their reps too, according to reps I’ve talked with. A class action lawsuit is the only language this group of thugs will understand, I believe.

TransTech Merchant Group Company Profile