4.4/5 (169 ratings)

About Total Merchant Services

Since 1996, Total Merchant Services has helped merchants in the U.S. and Canada grow their businesses by offering affordable products and payment solutions. As a trusted leader in the merchant services market, Total Merchant Services is committed to providing easy-to-use products to ensure their merchants are successful. We offer a variety of solutions for you to choose from, including: free credit card processing equipment, mobile processing solutions, internet card processing and Groovv Offers. Your business is our priority, which is why all of our customers are provided with 24/7 support. Call us today to learn how we can help your business!

Total Merchant Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Total Merchant Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Total Merchant Services?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

We’ve been working with Total Merchant Services since December and so far, our experience with them has been good. We had a couple of questions where we had some deposits to go in and we didn’t get all the money but we haven’t gotten answers yet. We might have had three transactions and we didn’t get everything. Nonetheless, Total Merchant Services has been good and they do what they say they’re going to do.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

Total Merchant Services has saved me money and about a percentage point on my sales so I’m happy. I’ve been working with them for over a year now and our experience has been very well. Their reps were informative and they answered all my questions. I’d tell my friends to give them a call.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I've had Total Merchant Services for 17 years, pretty much since I've opened business. But my wife said the rates are cheaper at DB&T and we quit when DB&T moved closer so, I transferred everything I had to them. Then four years later, they closed the office close to me and I don’t have time to run eight miles across town to make deposits. This is the second time we’ve had Total Merchant. However, Total Merchant's machine is aggravating. I had a single keypad thing and these new machine has got two of them. It’s got a chip reader in the main one and then it’s got another one. It tells me to swipe the cards, so I got to swipe it on the first one and then it tells me to put in the second one.

I've called a couple of times on this new machine because I like my daily reports to print out every time a credit is run, not just give me a total at the end of the day. I can see when they hit. I called twice on that and the rep walked me right through it, so their customer service is outstanding. Total Merchant has been valuable to me because they process all my money.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I talked to Total Merchant to get some new equipment and they said they would provide the equipment for me free of charge if I went with their company. It’s been working out really well and we've been with them for two years now. I do trade shows and I need to be able to accept credit cards so their service is one of those necessary things. They are competitive, they treat me good, and everything has worked fine with their representatives. However, I got a $20 charge in my bank for non-compliance and I had no idea what they were talking about. Apparently, after we certify every year, they get compliant with the systems. Once I did that, it was okay but I was annoyed that I got a surprise billing and that stuck with me for a couple of months until it was resolved. Other than that, they got good service and I would recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I’m happy with Total Merchant Services because the price is less and the equipment is wireless. However, the last time I needed a new equipment, they sent it to me, but they didn’t send the stamp for return. I took it to the post office to return it and they accepted it, but instead of returning it to Total Merchant Services, they returned it to my house again. When I told them they were supposed to return the equipment to the company, they said they would.

A couple months later, I got a letter saying I was supposed to return the equipment. I called the company and told them what happened. They said, “No, ma'am. No worries. We will follow up with FedEx.” And then I got a letter again. So I don’t know what I have to do. I also told them to please follow up and email me if they got the equipment or not. If I knew that they didn’t get it, I could go to FedEx, bring my receipt, and show them I gave it to them. And then they could locate it. But they disconnected with me and I’m a busy person. I couldn’t call and stay on the line for a couple of minutes and then get transferred from here to there. I’m going to follow up with Total Merchant Services one more time. But if they don’t follow, I’m not going to follow up anymore.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

A third party contacted me and connected me with Total Merchant Services as I was having issues with Square and I wanted to find an alternative merchant service. I’ve been working with Total Merchant for two months now. Their customer service teams were good but I had problems with services I dealt with as it was kind of hard to understand how to use the system to other customers for invoicing. It was kind of a headache with trying to work through it. I’ve talked to Total Merchant’s team but I never called them back about the issue. I need to talk to them again for them to walk me through the system again so I’ll make sure I can explain it to the customers right. My friends could also use Total Merchant’s service.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I’ve been working with Total Merchant Services for over a decade and I have never come across anybody who has been rude or not helpful. Every concern that I have had, they've addressed to my satisfaction. They are very valuable to me. They help in taking care of my processing and the updating of my machine when it needs to be updated.

The only thing that I'm waiting for is they were supposed to send me a shipping label so I could return my old machine and I haven't received that yet. But all in all I have never had a problem. They've always looked into things for me. I remember one year I was wondering why my fee was higher than I normally see and they looked into it within 30-minutes and told me that my processing fee was that high and they lowered it back down for me and refunded the extra money that they had taken out. It was all in one phone call. Go with Total Merchant Services because they take care of everything. I have quite a few friends that use Square and I always tell them that they’re not actually saving money with it because their processing fee is almost four percent and mine is only about one percent.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Total Merchant's CS reps answered our questions all the time. We moved over to someone else for pricing reasons but we were not unhappy with their service when we left. Their equipment was user-friendly, they treated us fairly and the pricing was good based on the structure we had.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I had an issue with my machine then I contacted Total Merchant Services and we've been with them for quite some time. We can run credit card payments through them and it makes it quite convenient. Also, their customer service is always great and they've always been helpful. We've been very happy with them and I've never had any issues.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

Total Merchant Services is valuable to my company. Plus, they have lower rates. Their customer service is always good and they were able to resolve the problems.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I’ve been with Total Merchant Services a year and a half and I've had a great experience. They have been very professional and helpful. Moreover, the credit card machine has helped my carwash a lot. I’m satisfied with them.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

My aunt works for Total Merchant Services and she told me about them. They had better rates than the place that we were using at that time. If I have any problem my aunt can 99% of the time help me. I’ve been working with Total Merchant Services for at least two years now, and it has lowered our cost of credit card services, which is nice. The machine that we use is great and anytime I need supplies they are quick and easy to get a hold of. I have recommended Total Merchant Services to several people.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I've been with Total Merchant Services since 2012 and when we use them, everything is well. I needed a wireless credit card machine for my shop, plus we do festivals so we needed to be able to take the machine out on the road with us. Whenever I’ve had any questions or issues I’d call them and they've handled it. I feel very secure with this system. I just switched over to the cube that you put on your cell phone. I stayed away from that just because we changed over to it, but my customers seem fine with it.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I needed Total Merchant Services to do business as some customers had asked me if I accepted Visa or Mastercard. They give me good service and treat me well.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

We've been working with Total Merchant Services for two and a half years now. There were a few times when my settlements were unsuccessful so I have to call them, but it's usually because the internet is down. They always react fast and help me over the phone, which I'm very thankful for.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I’m very pleased with Total Merchant Services and they’ve been very valuable to our company. I’ve been working with them for around 15 years. When I started using them with another company that I sold in March, I got very good service from Marty. He's in California and he's always taking good care of me. So when there came a time to reach out, I went with him. Also, my experience working with Total Merchant has been always positive. Whenever I have called and had issue like suddenly I couldn't get my swipe to work, I've always been taken care of.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Total Merchant Services is a great company and they have great rates. They usually handle our problems well, and it's always been a good experience. We've been with them for almost a year now and their rates have saved our business money so we profited more off the merchant services. I would try to get my friends to go through Total Merchant.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I wanted to work with Total Merchant Services. Their rate was much more competitive than other competitions and my experience with the customer service team was excellent. They're friendly as well. With Total Merchant Services I get funded the next day. It has been good working with them. I would totally recommend them to others.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Total Merchant Services has been good so far. I’ve been with them for almost three years, and I find them very valuable for my business. Their customer service is great and I'm impressed with how efficient and quick they are. But I wish my transaction will be a little bit quicker as I usually wait three days for it to go through to my account.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

Total Merchant’s service has been fine. They're the one available where I am at the moment and we are all sharing the machine so I added myself to the account. I have a good sales rep who I work with so whenever I have any issues, I call him and he takes care of it. It was nice and easy.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I’ve been with Total Merchant Services for about 15 years and everything’s fine. I get the monies deposited. I only do it on my phone and it’s convenient for people. I just wish there was less finance charge or collection fee. I would recommend Total Merchant Services.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

We have been set up with Total Merchant Services for 10 months and me and wife, who is also my office manager have been happy. All our customers are able to pay by credit card, and though it costs a little money to allow that, the benefits we get far outweigh the downfalls. Plus, the money shows up in our bank. We reached out to Total Merchant Services for two reasons. One, was because the inspector support network who runs my office software recommended them as one of their favorite. They said that Total Merchant’s rates were very fair and they said their customers have been happy with them. Another reason was because the inspection company I used to work for before I went off on my own used them as well.

We’ve had a very pleasant experience Total Merchant Services. It was the first time that we were able to take credit cards for payment, so it required a little ramping up on my part and they were very helpful getting me up to speed and telling me what to expect and what I needed to do. I did everything, and it didn’t take long at all. I had all the personal contact I needed to get things set up and I had my questions answered. If anyone asks me about Total Merchant Services I would be happy to recommend it to them.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

We've been with Total Merchant Service for 3 years and they're great because anytime we have a problem they're right on top of it. The system is user-friendly. It's not all automated as you make one selection and get a person. Plus they're great whenever I talk to them.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

The first company that we have gone with had really high rates. I did a bit looking around and found Total Merchant Services. They tried to contact me a few times and we went over the rates. I saw that I would be saving $400 to $500 a month so I made the switch. I explained to Total Merchant Services how I receive payments and the type of work that I did, and they got me in one of the best setups that I can get. The reps came and gave me a card reader, and they walked me how to run my sales and my settlement. I had a question on a bill once so I called in, they helped me out on understanding some of the charges on the bill. We have been using Total Merchant Services for about a year and a half after we had initially started taking credit card payments. The service is really easy to use and it is pretty valuable as 40% to 50% of our payments now is through credit card. I’m happy with the service and I would recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Total Merchant Services' customer service is very nice and always very polite but sometimes, they're slow. I've been with them for seven years and I've been satisfied with them so far.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I've been with Total Merchant Services for three years. Their customer service team has been friendly, polite and they solved issues quickly. While I don't use their services that often, what little I've used has been a big asset. If a friend would ask about Total Merchant I would explain to them what a good service I've had with them.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

We had to get a machine from Total Merchant Services for one of our clients, and their pamphlet’s self-explanatory. I just read what I needed to do on it, and figured it out. The card machine runs fine, and I’ve been satisfied with them.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I used Square before but it was a little pricier, and I looked online as I needed a way to process payments for some of my customers. I’ve called Total Merchant Services twice and my experience with them has been great. Everything has been resolved really quickly and they have been really helpful and courteous. Total Merchant Services is the only way to process credit cards I have, and I have been working with them for about a year now.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

We have been working with Total Merchant Service since we opened March of last year and the customer service was good. We have the credit card machine and we wanted to see the pricing on the POS system because we wanted to upgrade. We tried to reach out to them on numerous occasions and they said a representative was coming. However, nobody showed up and I'm getting a runaround. Other than that, my experience with them has been good and we have almost no problems with them.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Total Merchant Services' customer service is excellent. I never had any problems that couldn't be resolved pretty quickly. Their professionalism is excellent as well. They also have cheaper rates than the others.

Total Merchant Services Company Information