4.4/5 (169 ratings)

About Total Merchant Services

Since 1996, Total Merchant Services has helped merchants in the U.S. and Canada grow their businesses by offering affordable products and payment solutions. As a trusted leader in the merchant services market, Total Merchant Services is committed to providing easy-to-use products to ensure their merchants are successful. We offer a variety of solutions for you to choose from, including: free credit card processing equipment, mobile processing solutions, internet card processing and Groovv Offers. Your business is our priority, which is why all of our customers are provided with 24/7 support. Call us today to learn how we can help your business!

Total Merchant Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Total Merchant Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Total Merchant Services?

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

A Total Merchant Services salesman came up to us and introduced their product. Everything was done appropriately and fairly. So far, they've been treating us well and they’ve been on top of any problems we had. Everything has been great.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Total Merchant’s fees were better than other companies. We’ve been their service for a year and three months now and they’re extremely valuable to us. Their customer service has been good and anytime that I’ve had an issue, they were able to fix it. Aside from the great fees, they also have great schedules. I would refer people to them. Check them out. They're worth your time.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

We needed to get a new point of sale system for our restaurant and we've had some people that used ShopKeep so we went with them and they use Total Merchant Services. Any time we've had any questions or needed any concerns or anything answered, the Total Merchant's reps have always been great and super easy to get a hold of. We've had them since January 2018 and so far, so good. I tell my friends it's affordable, comparable to other services and the fees aren't outrageous. Plus, they always have good customer service and we're happy.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I've had Total Merchant Services for four years. I needed someone that would handle firearms and only certain companies will. Everything was good with Total Merchant and they took care of me but the monthly charge got to be unbelievable. There were several months I didn't do any credit card business and it was hard to take $50 a month. So, I turned over my equipment to Total Merchant and I'm not their customer anymore. The service was very good and I had no problem with the company other than the charges. One can go with Cayan for under $14 a month, which is crazy compared to $49.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

We were looking for a credit card processor and we reached out to Total Merchant Services. They're very easy to use and we also like the ease of getting in touch and speaking with someone personally from their office. We’ve been working with them for 10 years and their services have been very valuable to our company.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

We’ve been working with Total Merchant Services for almost a year now. Another friend from a business told us about them and so far, they have been good. Once, the key locked on our credit card machine and their customer service reps helped us right away. The only thing that we don’t like is that when the money has been deposited into our account and we do the settlement invoice, they would first do $150, then do another $50 for a $200 transaction. They spread it so sometimes, we have to go back to our invoice and try to see how much we sold that day. Then we have to save up the amount. Other than that, we never had any issues with them and we would totally recommend them to someone else.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

When I was a dealer at the Glenwood Manor, they used Total Merchant Services there for years. Then, when I moved out and opened up my own shop, I also used Total Merchant. They came highly recommended. I've been working with them for 13 years now and their customer service has been very good. Their rep, Scott, has been my contact guy and he's been great. They deliver the paper directly to me and they have been available 24/7 which is nice. With some companies, you can't even get in touch with their people. I’ve also heard other people that have Square say that sometimes they hold their money. I’ve read some bad reviews about them, too. So even though Total Merchant is more expensive, they're more reliable.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

Total Merchant Services had the best rate at the time when our company originally reached out to them. They were our credit card processor and they were very important because we did a lot of credit card business. Their reps were very responsive and the service they provided was very good. I was very happy with them and I worked with them for years. However, they wouldn’t match the rates of the very cut-throat business so we cancelled them recently and switched to a company with a lower rate.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I like Total Merchant’s rep, Michael, and his availability and service. It makes three works four. Michael answers his phone when I call him and he handles a problem immediately. And since nobody carries cash anymore and most of my sales are on charge cards, Total Merchant's service has been valuable. I’ve been working with them for 10 years now and I’m very satisfied with them. I have recommended them to other people.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

Total Merchant Services charges a low percentage rate and I found out, once I talked to them, that they didn't require a contract and that was an advantage. They offer the online statements and the free equipment, so there are no upfront charges. Every time I've called, their customer service team has been very helpful and friendly. They satisfied what I needed or resolved my problem very quickly and on the spot. There was one time when they had to look into the problem and returned my call. Their service has been great and very valuable because they've given me the opportunity to accept credit cards. I've been with Total Merchant for 15 months and I've been very pleased with everything they have offered.

Total Merchant Services Company Information