toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My machine stopped last night, the paper got caught up and I couldn't read any of it so I called Total Merchant Services so I can get a reprint or they can send it to me. Their rep was very friendly and she was super helpful. She took care of it within a couple of minutes and she made sure everything was done right away. That was the fastest I've ever had anybody help me.

We had someone come to the store and told us about Total Merchant Services, so we decided to switch over. Everything went very smooth and their reps were great. It was an easy transition to the new machine. It’s also very easy to understand and it works great.

Total Merchant Services had the product/services that we needed to provide for our company and they've always been a good company. I’ve been with them for as long as I have because I like the product and services that they provide. I am a retail store so I need to take credit card transactions. It's been fast and efficient and I never have any kind of problems. They also supply me with paper so I don’t have to buy it. Every customer representative that I’ve dealt with has always been very informative and they’ve helped me get my problems fixed immediately.

My friend, who is an agent, introduced me to Total Merchant Services. The customer service was friendly and very good. They have been professional, knowledgeable and very helpful to my company. They are very patient and have quick response. When I have a question, I could ask them.

I was looking to be able to accept Visa and MasterCard and somebody hooked up with Total Merchant Services. They are very valuable as they handle our credit card purchases through our website. Any time I've ever questioned a charge of theirs, I'd call them up and they'd help me out right away. I've been working with them for 10 years and it's been a great working relationship.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Total Merchant Services?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was fed up with my last company. Then a guy from Total Merchant services came in just off the street and he beat their deal. They have good rates and service and they have been fantastic to work with.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed to get a machine for my business. Total Merchant Services' customer service rep was not very helpful at all. They didn't tell me that my customers couldn't use gift cards. Every time my customers paid with gift cards, they declined it, and then they shut down my machine. They came back and said that they can't do business anymore, which was very unprofessional. I would not recommend Total Merchant to anybody as I am very dissatisfied with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I felt being treated unfairly by the service we were using since they were charging very high rates. I ended up going with Total Merchant because their prices were reasonable and it seemed like the right thing to do. I worked with them for several years, and their service has been very valuable, however, I'm not with them anymore because of the cost of the service. My business has slowed down and they were unable to adjust their fees, so during the last month that I was with them, they made more money than I did. My experiences with their customer service worked out well. Their reps were informative, and in fact, even when I called to cancel, they were so nice.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've used Total Merchant Services now for almost six years. They were fast and efficient. I was totally happy with them and if I called them with a problem they'd answer and they would fix it. Their service was great. The only thing I wasn’t happy with was when sales were low it seemed like the payments went higher percentage-wise and it made it not worth it for me to continue with the regular machine that I had.

So I sent that back and we did the little chip with the iPhone because my business actually changed in Vegas. I went from doing real good business for about three years to two and a half years of barely making it with the way it was set up. That made it real hard on me, which has nothing to do with Total Merchant Services. They were fine, it's just that percentage rates weren't. And even after I was no longer in business out there and not using the machine during that time, it's still costing me close to a 100 or over 100 a month without running anything and so I wasn’t happy with that. So I called them to cancel it and only for that reason.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got referred to Total Merchant Services by a friend because of their low interest rate or percentage. They were taking lower percentage than the other banks. The only problem I had recently is the percentage that Total Merchant was charging me changed. I noticed it and called them to see how much the percentage went up, and they said they didn't know, but they can see on my bank statements that they are taking more money than they used to.

I like calling in and getting help from Customer Service. Every time that I call, the reps are very courteous, helpful, and take care of the business right away or let me know what to do. I noticed that beginning of every year, in January, there are extra charges. So I called them and they let me know how to take care of that. I just have to go online and do a few things, and then the percentage goes down again.

Total Merchant Services Company Profile