4.58/5
Based on 90 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1996, Total Merchant Services has helped merchants in the U.S. and Canada grow their businesses by offering affordable products and payment solutions. As a trusted leader in the merchant services market, Total Merchant Services is committed to providing easy-to-use products to ensure their merchants are successful. We offer a variety of solutions for you to choose from, including: free credit card processing equipment, mobile processing solutions, internet card processing and Groovv Offers. Your business is our priority, which is why all of our customers are provided with 24/7 support. Call us today to learn how we can help your business!

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: May 19, 2018

162 Total Merchant Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I had an issue with my machine then I contacted Total Merchant Services and we've been with them for quite some time. We can run credit card payments through them and it makes it quite convenient. Also, their customer service is always great and they've always been helpful. We've been very happy with them and I've never had any issues.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

Total Merchant Services is valuable to my company. Plus, they have lower rates. Their customer service is always good and they were able to resolve the problems.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I’ve been with Total Merchant Services a year and a half and I've had a great experience. They have been very professional and helpful. Moreover, the credit card machine has helped my carwash a lot. I’m satisfied with them.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

My aunt works for Total Merchant Services and she told me about them. They had better rates than the place that we were using at that time. If I have any problem my aunt can 99% of the time help me. I’ve been working with Total Merchant Services for at least two years now, and it has lowered our cost of credit card services, which is nice. The machine that we use is great and anytime I need supplies they are quick and easy to get a hold of. I have recommended Total Merchant Services to several people.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I've been with Total Merchant Services since 2012 and when we use them, everything is well. I needed a wireless credit card machine for my shop, plus we do festivals so we needed to be able to take the machine out on the road with us. Whenever I’ve had any questions or issues I’d call them and they've handled it. I feel very secure with this system. I just switched over to the cube that you put on your cell phone. I stayed away from that just because we changed over to it, but my customers seem fine with it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Total Merchant Services?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I needed Total Merchant Services to do business as some customers had asked me if I accepted Visa or Mastercard. They give me good service and treat me well.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

We've been working with Total Merchant Services for two and a half years now. There were a few times when my settlements were unsuccessful so I have to call them, but it's usually because the internet is down. They always react fast and help me over the phone, which I'm very thankful for.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I’m very pleased with Total Merchant Services and they’ve been very valuable to our company. I’ve been working with them for around 15 years. When I started using them with another company that I sold in March, I got very good service from Marty. He's in California and he's always taking good care of me. So when there came a time to reach out, I went with him. Also, my experience working with Total Merchant has been always positive. Whenever I have called and had issue like suddenly I couldn't get my swipe to work, I've always been taken care of.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Total Merchant Services is a great company and they have great rates. They usually handle our problems well, and it's always been a good experience. We've been with them for almost a year now and their rates have saved our business money so we profited more off the merchant services. I would try to get my friends to go through Total Merchant.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I wanted to work with Total Merchant Services. Their rate was much more competitive than other competitions and my experience with the customer service team was excellent. They're friendly as well. With Total Merchant Services I get funded the next day. It has been good working with them. I would totally recommend them to others.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Total Merchant Services has been good so far. I’ve been with them for almost three years, and I find them very valuable for my business. Their customer service is great and I'm impressed with how efficient and quick they are. But I wish my transaction will be a little bit quicker as I usually wait three days for it to go through to my account.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

Total Merchant’s service has been fine. They're the one available where I am at the moment and we are all sharing the machine so I added myself to the account. I have a good sales rep who I work with so whenever I have any issues, I call him and he takes care of it. It was nice and easy.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I’ve been with Total Merchant Services for about 15 years and everything’s fine. I get the monies deposited. I only do it on my phone and it’s convenient for people. I just wish there was less finance charge or collection fee. I would recommend Total Merchant Services.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

We have been set up with Total Merchant Services for 10 months and me and wife, who is also my office manager have been happy. All our customers are able to pay by credit card, and though it costs a little money to allow that, the benefits we get far outweigh the downfalls. Plus, the money shows up in our bank. We reached out to Total Merchant Services for two reasons. One, was because the inspector support network who runs my office software recommended them as one of their favorite. They said that Total Merchant’s rates were very fair and they said their customers have been happy with them. Another reason was because the inspection company I used to work for before I went off on my own used them as well.

We’ve had a very pleasant experience Total Merchant Services. It was the first time that we were able to take credit cards for payment, so it required a little ramping up on my part and they were very helpful getting me up to speed and telling me what to expect and what I needed to do. I did everything, and it didn’t take long at all. I had all the personal contact I needed to get things set up and I had my questions answered. If anyone asks me about Total Merchant Services I would be happy to recommend it to them.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

We've been with Total Merchant Service for 3 years and they're great because anytime we have a problem they're right on top of it. The system is user-friendly. It's not all automated as you make one selection and get a person. Plus they're great whenever I talk to them.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

The first company that we have gone with had really high rates. I did a bit looking around and found Total Merchant Services. They tried to contact me a few times and we went over the rates. I saw that I would be saving $400 to $500 a month so I made the switch. I explained to Total Merchant Services how I receive payments and the type of work that I did, and they got me in one of the best setups that I can get. The reps came and gave me a card reader, and they walked me how to run my sales and my settlement. I had a question on a bill once so I called in, they helped me out on understanding some of the charges on the bill. We have been using Total Merchant Services for about a year and a half after we had initially started taking credit card payments. The service is really easy to use and it is pretty valuable as 40% to 50% of our payments now is through credit card. I’m happy with the service and I would recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Total Merchant Services' customer service is very nice and always very polite but sometimes, they're slow. I've been with them for seven years and I've been satisfied with them so far.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I've been with Total Merchant Services for three years. Their customer service team has been friendly, polite and they solved issues quickly. While I don't use their services that often, what little I've used has been a big asset. If a friend would ask about Total Merchant I would explain to them what a good service I've had with them.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

We had to get a machine from Total Merchant Services for one of our clients, and their pamphlet’s self-explanatory. I just read what I needed to do on it, and figured it out. The card machine runs fine, and I’ve been satisfied with them.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I used Square before but it was a little pricier, and I looked online as I needed a way to process payments for some of my customers. I’ve called Total Merchant Services twice and my experience with them has been great. Everything has been resolved really quickly and they have been really helpful and courteous. Total Merchant Services is the only way to process credit cards I have, and I have been working with them for about a year now.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

We have been working with Total Merchant Service since we opened March of last year and the customer service was good. We have the credit card machine and we wanted to see the pricing on the POS system because we wanted to upgrade. We tried to reach out to them on numerous occasions and they said a representative was coming. However, nobody showed up and I'm getting a runaround. Other than that, my experience with them has been good and we have almost no problems with them.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Total Merchant Services' customer service is excellent. I never had any problems that couldn't be resolved pretty quickly. Their professionalism is excellent as well. They also have cheaper rates than the others.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

We’ve been dealing with Total Merchant Services for years now. Their reps always helped me with what I needed. Whatever issues we had, they got them fixed and got them resolved quickly. Their service is very valuable because we run all our credit card payments through them. We used to have a manual machine but we don’t have that anymore so Total Merchant Services helped extremely a lot.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

One of our other fellow dealers had Total Merchant Services. They recommended it to us and we found that Total Merchant's rates were much better so we made the switch. We got the Walker True Value Hardware and I had one of my employees set it up. Everything really went smooth because we had a transition within the day and so far, the equipment is working much like what it was before. I haven’t made a comparison on the rate difference yet and I have to somehow pull up a statement. But they don’t send out one so I have to pull up a statement online and I got to find out how to do that. If the rates are like what I’m expecting them to be, it’d save me $1,500 to $2,000 a year. This was the system that True Value selected for us, so I'm hoping that's the case.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I own a small business and I opened up an account with Total Merchant Services about a month ago. Their customer service representatives are very helpful in a timely manner. When I process a credit card, I am able to view my transaction the next day. So far, so good. I'm happy with the service.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I needed credit card services and a credit card machine. Total Merchant's rep, who is a friend of mine, spoke highly of them so we went along with him. I've been with them for a couple of years and have found them to be quite valuable to my company. We are very happy with them.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

The customer service was fine and their sales rep was great but I only had Total Merchant Services for about 30 days. I had to cancel the service because I wasn't generating any sales to be able to have to use them to process my orders, so I went back to using Square Processing. Other than that, I would tell friends to use them if they can and I plan to go back with them.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I had been with Total Merchant Services for about a year and the people who represented them didn’t do a great job so I would not recommend them. The people I use for point of service recommended Total Merchant Services and signed me up with them. For a time they were doing my credit card processing and they were valuable to me. However, their fees went through the roof and they were trying to charge me $75 a month for service because they said I didn’t fill out a PCI, which I knew nothing about. So, I finally told the third party that enough is enough and I canceled.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I was unhappy with the credit person that I was with. Now Marilyn, whom I do networking with, handles everything for me and she's great. I trust her and that’s why I went with Total Merchant Services. She always stays up with me, comes to check up on me and calls me so I really appreciate that. She always wants to know if I need any help with anything or have any problems with anything. I love that I get a statement too and it would show me all the breakdowns. The customer service is good too when I call them on the phone. Their website's a little confusing, but it goes through no matter how I do it. It just needs be a little easier to navigate. Overall Total Merchant Services saves me a lot of money and they're very valuable.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

Total Merchant Services have been processing our credit card applications for several years now. And then we acquired a new store so I needed to contact them to set up a new credit card merchant number and to get us some machines. The machines were shipped to us and the shipment was relatively easy. But there was an issue once we installed the machines, so we had to get on the 800 number. They're now using it for the actual units themselves but we had a deal with that company and got the questions answered and got it resolved.

Total Merchant Services Company Information