4.45/5

Need credit card processing?

Total Merchant Services

Since 1996, Total Merchant Services has helped merchants in the U.S. and Canada grow their businesses by offering affordable products and payment solutions. As a trusted leader in the merchant services market, Total Merchant Services is committed to providing easy-to-use products to ensure their merchants are successful. We offer a variety of solutions for you to choose from, including: free credit card processing equipment, mobile processing solutions, internet card processing and Groovv Offers. Your business is our priority, which is why all of our customers are provided with 24/7 support. Call us today to learn how we can help your business!

View More View More

Need credit card processing?

169 Total Merchant Services Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 20, 2018

I’m really enjoying Total Merchant, but the fee gets worse. They started charging more. I was not charging the customer because they start complaining so I told Total Merchant to move me back to the old, .05 on processing deal. Other than that, I like it. Angela, one of their reps, talked me into getting the service and it was a good price and better than what I had. She’s been really helpful and anything I have a question with, I just give her a call and she takes care of the issues for me. It was a great experience and I am recommending people to Total Merchant.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I was with Total Merchant Services for about nine months. We needed them for credit card processing and their hardware was free. Their customer service was also good. They’re helpful, quick to answer and they do what they say they’re going to do. However, they got bought out by another company and for me to continue to work with them, I had to switch to the other company. Other than that, I had a good experience with Total Merchant Services.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Total Merchant Services is working out great for us. I started doing more credit card sales so I decided to go ahead and be with the program, plus I knew the lady who was running the one here in my town. She got me setup quickly. With them I get paid right away. I don’t have to wait. I’m happy with it. The only issues that I had was when I went to run the card on my phone, it times out on me before I can get all the information swiped in. Then I gotta sign back in and start over. Other than that, everything is great. I would definitely recommend it to whoever else might need service.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I was a vendor on the road and I used Total Merchant Services when I was shopping around for a merchant for my store that I just opened up three months ago. I called them and I called a couple of other places too but I chose to go with them because I remember it was a good experience. I've had them for three months and it has been good The only thing that I didn’t like was I wasn’t aware there was a monthly minimum in sales or I would get charged $25. But that was the only thing that caught me as a surprise. Other than that, now that I know it, that has been fine.

I have a new business and I expect that there will be $1,500 in charged card sales every month. I was just surprised when I saw that in my statement and I didn’t know it. But they’ve been very helpful. I got the little machine right away and everything works fine. It was very easy to set everything and get it running. I am the least technical person on the planet and if I can do it, anyone can do it. Everything’s great and I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: March 27, 2018

There was another provider that we looked at and their fees were higher than what I wanted to pay. Then Total Merchant came by, showed me stuff, and they were cheaper so I got them and I've been using them for four years now. I have the credit card system and they charge me $9.95. Everybody else was at $19 to $39 for the use of their machine or you had to buy them. Then I had .01% as my charge while most people are at 1% to 5%.

I could have bought it but I didn't want to because I found out that those machines go bad in a year or two. So I just let them service it. With them servicing the unit, they also supply the paper. So when I need a paper, they send me paper and taught me through how to put it on the new machine because the new machine was a little bit different and you had to do it a little differently. They have handled the problems I have had. Once, the machine went out and they handed me a new one overnight.

We are just a small, family-owned business so everyday I have the credit card receipts and I look at them against the bank statement and post them. The only thing I dislike is that it takes Total Merchant a long time at the end of the year to send me the itemized statement so I can go with my taxes. My account says I have to post it everyday and they've got the receipts, and that's good enough, so we've been doing that. I get a lot of calls from people trying to get me to switch but they don't compare to Total Merchant.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Total Merchant Services?

Original review: March 25, 2018

I was working with a company prior that used Total Merchant Services and was happy with their service. So, when we started our own business, I opted to use them as well. My experience with their customer service has been wonderful. We had a problem on the weekend with some gift cards and all I did was I had to pick up the phone and call on the weekend. Somebody called me back to access the machine and got it fixed. The service was phenomenal and there were numerous incidents like that. We have been working with Total Merchant Services for 10 years now and I find them to be extremely valuable to our company.

Original review: March 26, 2018

We needed somebody to run our credit card services. We have been working with Total Merchant Services for about eight years now and the service has been good. When we needed them, they were there. Reliability is everything. However, my partner was starting to look into other companies because he thought we could get better rates. But, so far, we have not found anybody who has a good reputation and good reliability, so I told him we are sticking with Total Merchant Services. We’ll probably switch when we find a company that has better reviews and comes off a point or two and saves us more than just a buck or two.

Original review: March 17, 2018

I had a salesperson from Total Merchant Services come into my establishment and sold me on having Total Merchant Services be my credit card processing company. I kept the service for about a month until I received my first bill. I realized that my fees were different from what I initially signed up for. I called the company and explained that there might be a mistake and that they took out too much money and their customer service representative said that these were the amounts I agreed to. Problem is that when I signed the contract in my store I asked for a copy. Turns out the salesperson whose name is Mycheal changed the amounts that I agreed to by crossing out and replacing with higher numbers. The company rep told me she would have to send it to her manager because when I sent her a copy of what I signed, It was totally different from what I originally signed.

They told me to deal with the salesperson, I said the salesperson didn’t deduct these fees from my account, you did. They said to call the police and file a report. They refuse to return the money and said there is nothing they can do. My advice either stay away from this company and/or Mychael or if you decide to use them please make copies of everything you sign as soon as you sign them because chances are these numbers will change without you knowing or agreeing to them. If I could give this company zero stars I would. Stay Away. If anyone is interested I have all copies of contracts as proof. They lead me on for over a month just to tell me today that they are not doing anything about it.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I have been working with Total Merchant for about six months, so I'm a newbie. Most of the customer service people have been very friendly, and the service has been good. Everybody uses credit now, so Total Merchant helps the business. The only problem I have is that when I turn the device back on every morning when I go in, it says, “Connection failed”. It just bothers because I open up a store and I have customers and the credit card doesn’t work. And then I’ve got to turn down a sale. It's been happening frequently, and I’ve got to call Total Merchant and they’ve got to walk me through what to do. And that’s where I had an issue with some lady. But a guy came and he jumped on and he corrected the problem. For the most part, everybody's understandable, but there’s always one out there that doesn’t understand. Other than that, everybody else has been really fine. I would recommend Total Merchant Services.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

A Total Merchant Services salesman came up to us and introduced their product. Everything was done appropriately and fairly. So far, they've been treating us well and they’ve been on top of any problems we had. Everything has been great.

Total Merchant Services Company Information