toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Oscar, the person who handles our accounts, was with my old bank. I already knew him and he’s a really good person. If I ever have a problem, he’s a phone call or a text away. He was the biggest reason we went with Total Merchant Services. There were a lot of other people trying to get our accounts and they’ve been trying to beat the price and everything else, however, I say they can’t beat the service that Oscar provides. He’s that top of a service person. He’s very dedicated, knowledgeable, and anything that we have a question about and when we need to make a change, he’s right on it. If my employees have a problem, he would be patient and walked them through whatever the situation was. In fact, I see him once a year when I’m down at Key West. I got to have lunch with him the other day when we were down there. It was good to see him.

I've been working with Total Merchant Services for at least 15 years. We had our bank process our credit cards to start with. And then Oscar was working with another bank, and he said he can do our account even though we're not with the same bank. That’s how we started. Any time there’s been any problem, it’s been addressed. Ever since we did the last change a couple of years ago, my deposit records are a lot easier, and that was one of the things that was always complicated. Sometimes, getting paid for American Express can be four days later on the deposit draw, but it's because we never had any chargebacks or any problem that now it just shows when we batch out the next day, that deposit goes in. Instead of something missing and we try to figure it out at the end of the month.

Oscar was the one that pulled that off for us. It gets confusing when we do $20,000 in sales in October and we can’t figure out what we got paid for yet. So, I’m really happy about that part. It makes my life easier because that’s all I do. I do the books now once a week and it takes me 15 minutes, which is really fast. My experience has been perfect, and I recommend Total Merchant Services to people who are about to start a company, especially if they’re with Square. I tell them they can get them a better rate and it’s a lot more secure. Also, it doesn’t matter where they’re based at, they can do it anywhere they want to.

So far, my experience with Total Merchant Services has been wonderful. I've been working with them since June and they're really valuable to our company. They're doing what they're supposed to do and the customer service is great.

Total Merchant Services have great customer service background and they're very professional. They walked us through each step, made sure we understood and if we didn’t they would repeat it which the average person gets impatient to have to repeat so many times. So far, we've been working with them for two months now. We still are new with them, but within the next three to six months it’ll probably be more worth the savings.

I wasn’t happy with the service I had, and when Total Merchant Services came to me, they gave me a better deal so I went with them. Their customer service team has been very good. Anytime I've had a problem or something, I call them up and they take care of me. I could always wish for lower card fees, but they’ve been good. I'm quite satisfied.

Total Merchant Services reached out to us, and they're better than the other offers we had so we went with them. Anytime we call their customer service, our problems have been solved right on time. We're satisfied with their services so far.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Total Merchant Services?

We've been with Total Merchant Services since 2009. They've been very valuable to our company. A lot of people want to use their debit cards now instead of writing checks and paying cash. I never had any problems with their customer service. Everything works really smoothly.

The people at Total Merchant Services are helpful when I call. They get my problem taken care of. They help me get through it even if they have to walk me through it. In fact, I forgot a password and they fixed it for me.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Nov. 17, 2016

After posting this review I received a call from Total Merchant Services and said they'd refund 6 months of fees, which they did.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2016

I've been with this company for many years (6+) and found them to be somewhat honest up until the point that I went paperless with them. To them, "paperless" also means "notification-less" as well. I was not emailed with notification when statements were available, or when PCI compliance was expiring or SAQ was due, or when they discontinued access to the original online portal and moved to a new system, or when any material changes to the account were made.

The short story is that I was eventually being billed almost $35 each month between 2 fees. After I told them I wanted those fees refunded and to close my account, I was told that fees would not be refunded if I was going to close the account. After the customer service initiated the closure, he intentionally hung up on me in mid-sentence.

Total Merchant Services is great. I was with them before years ago and had a good experience. I went back with them to have them process my sales and because I had decided not to do the credit cards. Customer service is very informative and seem to be quite knowledgeable. Plus, they answer the phone, which is nice, because so many are automated and I don't like that. When you ask questions and they're not sure, they research it and then get back to you quickly, so that's good service. I really like them.

Total Merchant is an asset that I couldn't live without right now. 90% of our sales nowadays is credit card so without them, I would not be doing as much business. It's a good company and has been here for a long time. They're established. I don't worry ever with the safety and their updated format. I also like that we can send our customer the location of where they purchased something which gives them the confidence. They also can understand the statement or when I send them their receipt, I can add a little text which the customers and I really appreciate. It's a feature I find exceptional.

My mother-in-law told me about Total Merchant Services and she said they were really good. So far, we've been working with them for 3 years and it's good. I haven't had any problems. We recently updated our machine to read chip cards and it's fine so far. But I noticed the price goes up every year and I don’t get rate reductions like I was promised. I've had several people say they're going to open up the case file and go over the rates but not once have I ever had a response.

Then I had a guy call me yesterday and he said that he was going to be in here tomorrow for about five minutes to give me a brief survey. He said he's the district manager of my area and I have no clue why he's coming in or what he wants to talk about. I don't know if that’s legit or a scam. There's something sketchy about it so I'm not going to let him touch my terminal. He would have to give me some updates or notifications or whatnot.

I wanted my business to be able to accept credit cards. I signed up with Total Merchant Services and it worked out good, but it felt like some things were left out or was misunderstood about the price and how much I have to spend. I've had the experience of dealing with a PayPal similar card reader and the one from Total Merchant was accurate. But on the down end, with my business being seasonal and just starting to take off, the fee was too much. Basically, I was stuck with a bill that would be there for the next six months until it gets warm again Chicago.

The service is extremely valuable, but I only made 70 bucks last time. It went straight to my account then about 30 days later, I checked my account and Total Merchant took $63 from me. So technically, I only made $7. I spent my money on my merchandise and then I only get a percentage back off of that money. When I called to discuss it, the rep told me that there were different fees for different cards and things of that nature.

I love the fact that I'm able to insert chip cards, swipe the cards, being able to give the receipt, and the receipts having the business name. All that stuff was a hell of a bonus. But I was still in the advertisement stage of my business and it's costing me a great fortune. Maybe next season I may have a thousand customers. But if I don't, I don't want to be stuck with a fee. I was satisfied because of the fact that they did everything that I asked, but it's just expensive.

We sat down with one of Total Merchant's salespersons and we found that the whole program was too convenient to pass up. Money goes straight to the bank, and it's done all in a day. It's easier to balance at the end of the month. The few questions that we called in after installation have been answered promptly, and we can always reach somebody. It's also easy to work with them online. We've only had them for three months but they have been valuable and I see a lot down the road. I've also recommended them to other businesses.

Total Merchant Services was very helpful in what I needed. We wanted support on how to force the sale and the girl I dealt with was fantastic and very friendly. I needed the question answered and she was able to help me. My experience with them was very cut and dry.

Total Merchant was referred to me by a friend who has their services and I've been with them for five months. Their people are nice, but sometimes it takes a couple of days for me to get to process it to the account. But we get customer satisfaction because of them since I do a lot of travelers and business people who pay with credit cards. They are very valuable to our company because my customers ask for them.

I've been with Total Merchant Services since when I was starting up 9 years ago, and at that time they had some of the better rates and offers for the machines. Once when our machine went down, they were prompt with it since they overnighted and we got it the next day. I just wish they wouldn’t charge for paper statements though.

We've been very happy with the service from Total Merchant Services. We had heard they would be less expensive than the one we started with, and they were. There's been a problem or two and it seems they've sorted things out.

I started a new business and I needed some method by which to collect money from clients. Right after I started the business with Total Merchant Services, I had kidney failure and I've been in the hospital ever since so I haven't really done anything with it. But it's a service I hope to keep. We'll see if it turns out to be effective. Everything seems fine so far.

Our last company's fees were too high. With Total Merchant Services, it's easy to get a hold of my rep when I need something. He returns my call right away. They're awesome.

Everything’s been great with Total Merchant Services. We wanted a machine that we could swipe credit cards on since we didn’t have one in the past. We ran through QuickBooks on a computer with our Intuit Merchant Services, but we added a physical location. I had asked Intuit if they would give me a swiper but they were gonna charge me $70-some for it. I had been using QuickBooks and paying their fees for 13 years with Intuit Services so it’s ridiculous. I was pissed so I told them that I’ll find somebody else. That's when I found Total Merchant Services and we've been working with them for a couple of years now. I have people who walk-in to buy our kits and products in our little studio because we manufacture jewelry. My hired employees can now take their credit cards and swipe it. Total has great service and it’s been very smooth and easy, and everything’s worked very well. So, we’re pleased.

I really like Total Merchant Services. They’re really helping me out. I opened a restaurant on June 22nd and it got a couple of bars in it and stuff. I was running on Fifth Third credit card system until I got on my feet a little bit. I found Total Merchant online and they had a great deal that I couldn’t pass up. I've been working with them for three weeks now. I had problems, at first, with one of their machines and they immediately FedExed one out to me. They’ve been excellent and very friendly. The service has been great.

We had Total Merchant Services because it would be better for our business to get the credit card machine. We have them for five years now and it's been very valuable and it is a much more efficient process to go with a machine instead of a cash or check. However, I am dissatisfied with them and the only reason why is because the price keeps going up for the credit card machine. It seems like we have to adjust quite often for the charges and its hard to read the statements.

I love Total Merchant Services. When my first year came around, I was charged the usage fee and $100. I was confused. I called them and they explained everything. They did some adjustments for me, which was kind. Two weeks ago, I reached out to them because once a year or once every other year, I'm supposed to do the compliance quiz to make sure I'm up-to-date on it. I wasn't aware of being charged $20 extra a month because I hadn't completed the quiz. So I did that and I'm trying to stay on top of it. My only issue is that it takes two days to get my money. But, I'm happy with them and refer my friends to them.

I met with one of Total Merchant Services' agents and the fees and the service that he was offering was more appealing than the rest. Every time I call them, I get excellent customer service. They also accept all cards so that’s a good thing for me.

A friend of mine does ATMs and credit cards. He's the one who decided for me to get Total Merchant Services. I called them to ask a couple of questions and they answered it thoroughly. I've been using them for a few years now and they have been valuable to my company.

Total Merchant Services provides our credit card processing service. It has been a 15-month relationship with them prior for the company that I just joined recently. They've been very valuable because many of our clients want the ability to pay by credit card and they provided a great service to those who needed it. Their customer service team has been very helpful. The person I worked with was exceptional, always working diligently to get me an answer to my questions since I was very new to this. I had never really worked where I was responsible for processing credit card payments, and he made it seamless and very easy so I appreciated that. Even when I had questions about different things, he was very patient to take me through things step by step. That part has been great especially when I’d try to take notes on the conversation and it just didn’t come out right and I'd have to call back. I'm very satisfied with them.

Total Merchant Services was very good. I've had them for five months already. Everything was great with the customer service. I had a question about not receiving a monthly statement and they said they don’t send me one and it’s just what it is online. So far, Total Merchant has been very valuable to my company. There are a couple of other places that use them as well and they said they are the best thing since sliced bread. I also tried getting a friend of mine on a couple of diners that she owns to switch to Total Merchant.

I've been working with Total Merchant Services for a couple of years. They included a terminal in their proposal. They seem to do things fine and we've been happy with them. A lot of people use their credit cards and companies need to have somebody to process them. You can't be in a business without it these days. Overall, I've had a very positive experience with them.

I've used Total Merchant Services for three seasons now for my fireworks stand. A friend used it in their business and told me about it. It has increased our sales every year. We’ve put more stuff out and 50% of our sales this year was from credit cards. The only problem is that I’m trying to get the card reader sent back because I am a seasonal business and will just get it back again next June, but I am being charged for rental. I’ve talked to three people and I’m waiting for my labels to show up. But I’m ready to use Total Merchant Services again next year. The guy and the gals I’ve talked in customer service have been very polite and willing to listen to my problem and the machine works so easy for me. I’d tried Square for one year and it was terrible. I was about ready to throw my iPhone away.

I was using Square at the time and it wasn't professional. I have that little device on my cellphone and ask the customers their phone number every time they want to purchase some liquor so I could send them a text message of the receipt. Dealing with seven customers at a time, the process was slow. Then one day, a sales rep who came to the store brought it up to my attention. I saw the Total Merchant and he told me about it. I looked on it and saw the difference.

The experience is great. I called tech support when they sent me the device and they were very friendly and patient. I asked them to hold for a couple of minutes when I had customers came in. Every time I need something, they get the situation done for me. I was satisfied. I like Total Merchant Services better. It performs the job and looks more professional. When customers come, it doesn't take that extra minute. I just put in the amount of the purchase, swipe or insert the chip, and key in the PIN code. I get my receipt with my business name printed and all extra stuff and the customer gets a copy. However, with Total Merchant, I get my funds in two to three business days while with Square, I get it the next day. But it's really not a big deal.

We had a problem with our first credit card machine and the company wouldn’t come and service it. My son had used Greg from Total Merchant Services before and that’s the reason we went with him. Every time we’ve ever had to call anybody, they’ve been good and I’m not having to wait on somebody, hoping they’ll come. I would definitely use them again if I had to go somewhere else and open up another business because I’ve not had a problem. And what problems I have had, they’ve come and checked it out. I would highly recommend them to other people.

Total Merchant Services Company Profile