Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Stanley Steemer Reviews

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

Two young men, Jacob and James showed up on time and ready to work. They went above and beyond and wouldn't stop until it was spotless. They were professional and respectful and I would request them every time I want something done by Stanley Steemer in the future. Despite having trouble with their equipment which was not their fault, they stuck with it until they got it looking great. We need more outstanding young men like these two! Hats off to the hiring manager. You need to keep these two!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

A few days ago my poor little sick dog had a few really bad accidents, which I will refrain from posting before and after pics because the before is so gross.... ANYWAYS - I tried to get the stains out myself and I didn't do a horrible job (which the professional complimented me on) BUT I just really wanted to professional to come in any clean for peace of mind knowing that all the bacteria and grossness was gone also the stain!

SO after going on their website and scheduling an appointment which was very easy to do I had the guy come today between 12 - 5 they told me. I was so happy that someone was on their way around 11:45. The professional, Andrew **, shows up at my door and is really friendly. I show him the areas I wanted to be cleaned, and we discussing pricing and what he was going to do, and then he quickly got started. He was really quick about 45 min to an hour and literally improved both my carpet in my bedroom where there was a huge stain and my wool area rug! I could not be happier with the outcome! Thank you so much, Andrew! He was great, I def recommend Stanley Steemer and of course, Andrew! Will be using them again.

Get expert buying tips about Fire and Water Damage Restoration delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 21, 2019

My experiences from making an appointment to seeing the rugs finished was amazing. I made the appointment on Friday for Saturday. Within 15 minutes someone called back to confirm the order and shorten expected time of arrival! On Saturday they arrived on time and immediately got to work. The workers were very professional and their final results were extremely clean and stainless rugs!!! Will use and recommend Stanley Steemer to others.

Original review: June 22, 2019

We had 4" of rain overnight and our storm drain outside got clogged, so our laundry room, lower bathroom, and part of our family room got flooded. We called Stanley Steemer carpet restoration, Portage, MI. The 2 technicians, Marco and Connor **, were very professional about accessing the damage. In the end, they decided we did not need carpet restoration, but a few days drying out with dehumidifiers and fans. They told us where to put everything for maximum drying, and said we should call them when the carpet dried out so they could come and clean it. They could have charged us a lot of money (they get paid on commission), but they charged nothing for their kind help and advice. These young men are to be commended!

Original review: June 21, 2019

On 6/20/2019, Pedro and Tony (service techs of Stanley Steemer) arrived promptly on time, to clean the carpet in our entire house. They were professional, friendly, and very respectful of our personal property in our house. They did an excellent job and our 30 year old carpet has never looked better. The price was reasonable and fair. Thanks again guys for a job well-done. DEFINITELY recommend Stanley Steemer, Pedro and Tony!! Signed Tom & Patsy

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stanley Steemer?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

I was looking to have an area rug and small sectional professionally cleaned. This was my first time booking this type of service and found the website booking to be very easy. I was given a 3 hour window (8-11am), received a text confirmation that they were on their way at 8:35 am and no one arrived by 11am. I called the customer service line, that said they would be arriving within 15 minutes.

When the crew arrived at 12pm, they were not able to perform the service as planned. I live in a condo and the website requirements for portable equipment was incorrect. If you are not in a single family home with direct access from a van, request portable equipment! The team that arrived was very courteous and helpful, but unfortunately we could not reschedule within my time constraints to get the service completed. I reached out to a local company that was able to arrive with portable equipment and complete the work needed.

Resolution response: Sept. 18, 2019

This company contacted me before this this review was posted. They are turning it over to their insurance company. I was too quick to complain and really can't complain about their service.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

Recently we had Stanley Steemer out to clean our wood floor. We had been customers of theirs for cleaning our carpets for over 15 years with good results. After they were done with our wood floor, the finish was completely gone. The manager was out and saw the finish was gone in our kitchen area, our dining room area and the foyer area. He said he would turn it over to their insurance company. Today, the manager said that it was because of our dogs and they were not responsible. My wife explained that before they began the cleaning, there was a finish on the floors and that when they were done the finish was gone. They got over $300 in cash for the cleaning and left us with wooden floors that now need a new finish. After all this time with them, we're so disappointed with their treatment. Not even an offer to return of the money we spent for the cleaning..

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

The service I received started out as a misunderstanding but ended on a great note with outstanding customer service from the girl Judy in the Lutz location. She spoke to the techs and they did a outstanding job. I cannot say anything but thank you to a fine group of employees.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

Stanley Steemer gives quote and then gives a bill 30% higher. Confirm your quote as soon as their workers show up for the job!!!! Count the rooms, hall, bathrooms, etc. and make sure it conforms to your quote. They will call a half-bath as a full...anything to increase your bill!!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

I have seen commercials on TV on how red juice was spilled on the carpet, and Stanley Steemer came in and cleaned the carpet back to where it was before, like new! This was not the result I got when Stanley Steemer came out to clean my carpet. Carpet still had stains, I could have done a better job scabbing it myself!! I know I am never using Stanley Steemer again. It was a total rip off and I sadly regret using them. Brenda. Very dissatisfied customer :-(

Stanley Steemer expert review by ConsumerAffairs

This experienced restoration and cleaning company, with services since 1947, has offices in 48 states. Though known more for their steam-cleaning equipment, they also handle residential and commercial water restoration services.

• On call 24/7: No matter when disaster strikes, you can contact a water removal and restoration specialist on their emergency hotline for advice over the phone of what to do before the crew arrives.

• Allergy certified: The company has endorsements from the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, citing a 94-percent allergen-removal success rate.

• 15-minute response: The company promises that water removal and restoration experts will contact you with 15 minute of your call.

• Insurance assistance: One big help in getting life back to normal is that they can work directly with your insurance agent to speed up claim processing.

• Vehicle specialists: No other company is better equipped to handle damage or cleaning for the unique surfaces in cars, trucks, boats and RVs.

• Best for: Although they do not cover fire-damage recovery, this company is an effective business partner for rapid water-damage recovery and cleaning.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs