4.5/5 (495 ratings)

About SiteLock

SiteLock is a website security solution that offers complete, cloud-based website protection. From website scanning to malware removing, SiteLock offers a variety of products that will keep your website secure. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our services!

SiteLock Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about SiteLock?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about SiteLock?

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

Mothers of Many no longer exists so I needed to delete the website. I did so through WHM and then I needed to delete the SiteLock. I did not know how to do that on the site so I sent an email. Whitney responded within an hour or so and she was so very pleasant and so very helpful. I will recommend Site Lock to others. I will keep Whitney's information so that I can reach out to her if I have any future needs, she is very knowledgeable.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

Mitzi was very polite and capable of resolving a complicated issue. She is wonderful with the follow up and finding lost details that she was able to explain in plain English for the questions that were asked. I look forward to dealing with her in the future. She made this process much easier than imagined.

SiteLock response

Thank you for the lovely note about Mitzi! We definitely agree that she always does a wonderful job! We made sure Mitzi got the recognition she deserved. She was thrilled to see your review!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I had such a great experience with SiteLock! Melanie ** was PHENOMENAL!!! I have never spoken with anyone in customer service, technical support, etc., anywhere in any company, that came close to how pleasant & helpful she was. Seriously, awesome experience. Thank you for resolving my problem so quickly too!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I have had a security issue on my site for the better part of a year. Every time SiteLock cleans and says things are fine, when the issue would keep occurring. Devin ** was the only person I have contacted that listened to my points otherwise, and he personally looked into the issue even after what was told was a clean sweep and nothing wrong. He took it upon himself, and he found the security threat that I was repeatedly told never existed by everyone else that I ever contacted. My business is my livelihood, and while I wish site lock would have paid more attention in the 10 months or so prior, I am extremely pleased that Devin took the time to understand and go above and beyond.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Javier and Kevin were both very helpful and patient in explaining everything to this very senior citizen. They were also helpful in answering other problems than just my website security including how to get more help for my website. I'm hoping for no more problems.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

Both Tyler and Adam were extremely helpful and reassuring when I called about my websites being hacked. It seems like the repair/recovery process is going smoothly and I could not be more relieved and grateful! I am hopeful that the new protection will prevent ongoing hacking issues.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

Everyone I worked with at SiteLock was AMAZING! So professional and easy work with. It took a while but all issues have been resolved. My site was compromised a few days ago with malware, and after a few days of back and forth the issue is now completely resolved. Sitelock so far is worth its weight in gold!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

Received a call from Luis **, our new account manager and he walked me thru the SiteLock dashboard. He did a great job! He also told me about the new upgraded scan service which is included in our package and asked that I call back to get that setup on our service.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

Very good, helpful good customer response to questions, able to answer questions. Required work was done in a timely fashion. Problem resolved as requested. Ok to send in information requires with password and survey to web host and got a response to repair.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

SiteLock is always the best. Always on top of it. When I'm slammed and have a problem I call them and they just fix it. So appreciated. Always polite and professional and easy to work with. Thank you for the professional work as always. And the courtesy.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I was concerned about the security of my relatively dormant website, so called to improve it. Your team were friendly, responsive and seemed professional (I can only verify that when I see what happens). It appears that I have another URL not managed via JustHost, which I believed to be linked to my main URL, so your team identifying that is helpful.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

Not only has SiteLock protected me from the scary malware my website used to get but also their customer service is super-responsive, authentic, patient, and helpful. If you're not very tech-savvy, they are happy to walk you through anything you don't understand in your Sitelock dashboard, or even do it for you. When a situation involves tech support, the communication between the concierge and the tech person is smooth. I love that I can just pick up a phone and call the same person each time. I also love that I'm sold only the products I actually need and not urged to purchase products I don't need. It's a scary world out there, and I know my Wordpress website is vulnerable. I love the feeling of having a security team who's got my back. That's one less thing to worry about in my business.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

SiteLock employee 'Jack' was very knowledgeable and extremely patient with my initial sign on and set up today. Jack was very thorough in his step by step explanation of the SiteLock dashboard and overall workings of the Sitelock site. I would like to commend SiteLock on their choice of employee.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

Great to have the help when I need it most. Very educational and supportive. Moving website hosting and we needed to suspend the firewall for the transfer, very quick resolution. Every time I reach out Lou is there to help and has a great attitude.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

Lou is one of the most personable, kind and understanding people you will ever encounter. He takes time to explain technical matters in very simple everyday terms. His patience and sense of humor put me at ease and make me laugh when I most need it. No question is ever too simple or too complex for Lou to answer. He is one of the best at what he does and I am appreciative of the great customer service he provides.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I don’t have to use SiteLock often, but every time I do, the technical staff is caring, patient and extremely thorough. Top notch support when you need it!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

Lou was very kind, friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. He knew what he was talking about and guided me through the process thoroughly and efficiently

Insufficient response received
Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Host Gator recommended SiteLock to my boss and he decided to apply it to two new sites that we had on SiteGround. We've had problems with Host Gator in the past, which is why we are using SiteGround instead now and I didn't like it at all that he was giving the username and password for our CPanel to a security company recommended by Host Gator. He refused my advice and did it anyways. The very next day all our emails stopped working, both for PHPMailer and WP Mail SMTP. I got very upset and we contacted SiteLock. My boss was paying $240 a month for the full security package and it took them about two days to get back to us on the issue. When they did get back to us, they merely gave us the same Google Chrome description that was given in the URL on the error page and they said they couldn't replicate the error themselves.

We changed the password to the CPanel and reverted the site back to an earlier state before the SiteLock installation and it failed to resolve the issue. When we spoke to SiteGround about the issue the helper pointed out that an IP address had been added to our domain. When the IP address was researched it turned out it wasn't even for SiteLock. SiteLock was using Incapsula Inc. and claiming the work as its own. The SiteGround helper gave us a workaround and we were able to get the emails to work again, but since then I've noticed bugs occurring in the application which weren't there before the SiteLock installation. To me this is further evidence that SiteLock still hasn't been completely removed from the server. I'm trying to convince my boss to get rid of the current server space and start out with an entirely fresh one. My boss has declared the contract he made with them void and refuses to pay them anything. It was a waste of time and resources.

No response received
Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I went through my hosting company's support chat to speak with one of their representatives to inquire what I can do about my website which was hacked. My hosting company connected me with a SiteLock representative, automatically. He informed me that for $70/month, their company could clean the website and restore it back to its original state.

The whole processed seemed rushed. He wanted me to sign a contract, which seemed bizarre because I expressed that I only wanted to sign up for one month. The guy emphasized that I could "cancel at any time." However, the contract is for 6-months of service. And there's a termination fee of 50% of the 6-month sum. Ah. That's why they want you to sign a contract.

He did not disclose, at any time, that I would be signing up for 6-months when I gave him my credit card # and billing information. I was under the impression that I was signing up for a month-by-month service. While the blame is on me for signing something hastily – if I was informed that I would be paying $420 total via chat, I would not have signed up for their service in the first place.

The worst part is that SiteLock makes it difficult to cancel too. There is NO OPTION on their website to stop automatic charges from your card or to cancel their service. You have to call them. This is when they try to convince you to roll their service to another site or upsell you. My website was never actually restored. I deleted it. Read: I DELETED THE WEBSITE WHICH WAS HACKED. When SiteLock charged me $70 for a site that no longer existed. I knew I had to make a comment here. They would continue to charge me for this non-existent site if I let them. I regret ever signing up with them. I also am dissatisfied by my hosting company, because they probably get considerable kick-back from these sorts of companies.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I have a blog site and care about the security of the people who access it. There have been two issues that have come up with my site's security that necessitated my having to call SiteLock and get help. I spoke with Tyrell and with David for the two issues. Both men were quick to answer the phone, knowledgeable about the issues, kind enough to follow through in a timely fashion and to follow up with me to make sure the issues were resolved. I would heartily recommend SiteLock to anyone concerned about their site's security. These people know their business, are very prompt and helpful, and are quite pleasant people who are fun to talk to. Knowing SiteLock is monitoring my site and sending me weekly reports sets my mind at ease that all is well with my blog. SiteLock is good for peace of mind.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I had to get my site configured in several phone calls due to my inexperience but th e people I worked with were most patient.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

The technical support that I have received from your team is outstanding. Every person that I have spoken to has been not only professional, knowledgeable, but willing to help. Great Job! Thank you!!!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

Rachael was extremely patient as we worked through basic access issues. She went the extra mile to make certain all issues were successfully resolved. Rachael was also proactive in providing guidance as we are moving to a different host. I look forward to her help again in February, or before if needed. This is a great added feature and provides me incentive to use SiteLock as myself and some partners are starting a new company with international connections and our risk will be significantly greater than with Linda Protzman Counseling Services.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

SiteLock support today with Tyrell was excellent! He initiated the contact with me because of noticing an issue that needed addressed and then patiently spent all the time I needed answering all my questions getting that issue resolved, plus several others I then brought up. Thank you!!!!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

My WordPress site was hacked last year and my hosting company, Fatcow, transferred me to SiteLock to clean the malware. I paid $300 to have the site cleaned and signed a 6-month contract at $49/month to keep it clean. They cleaned the site, which was great. Since then, my site was hacked again and I was told it would be $300 to clean it again. I decided to start over, delete all my site data and rebuild from scratch without WordPress. I tried to cancel my SiteLock account because I don't need it anymore and found out that my six-month contract auto renewed without notification.

They refuse to cancel my account without charging me the remaining three months on my contract. I understand, but I no longer need the services and I wasn't notified the contract would auto-renew to another six-month contract. To me, renewing my contract without notification is predatory. Continuing to charge me despite the fact that I no longer have any websites to protect is also predatory. Customer service has been no help. I have been told, "Call back and your account manager will be able to waive the termination fee," then, "We cannot waive the fee." Predatory behavior, mixed messages, poor customer service.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I got an email from support@sitelock.com that states "Because website security is important, your hosting provider has provided you with a complimentary scanner from SiteLock... During a recent scan, a vulnerability was detected on your website... please contact SiteLock today... For security purposes, we do not reference the specific website scanned because we do not want to expose the location of the vulnerability." This is utter nonsense. How would referencing the website address expose the location of the vulnerability? And obviously they don't even know what hosting provider I'm using or they would have specified this. No, I'm not a verified buyer. I'm smart enough not to be.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Just like the others said this site is trying to or “has” created a monopoly on the internet by aggressive intel gathering and most likely cyberhacking through the use of their “expert" team who knew exactly which files were malicious AND discussed it with YOUR web host provider, which there are plenty now on SiteLock’s list! And I mean plenty. They got me for 49.99 a month and coerced me into their terms/contract by consequence of my website remaining not only suspended but open to the same “malicious” attacks in the future which could permanently suspend my account.

Google already flagged my site. It was JUST beginning to generate traffic and revenue. It had been online for 4-5 months and then this. My site is blank as I write this, lol. It is amazing what human greed can destroy. I smell lawsuits or trouble period for fraudulent businesses. It almost makes me want to start my own high quality web hosting service but It my heart is generous so I’d make it free for internet users.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

SiteLock.com is a scam. They lead you to believe their service will protect your side of DoS and it still happens. They lock you into a long term contract and when there is a disruption, there is no consideration of a credit for the service they did not deliver. We had a DoS and their security layer was supposed to work and it didn't. They explained that their system did not work the way it was supposed to.

So today they call me after 12 months to ask me for my last payment and what they can do for me. I said, "Absolutely nothing because that is exactly the way you treated my company with your service." The customer service agent Elantria takes my CC, then keeps saying she is sorry for what happened then after processing my card, asks me what they could do for me. Well nothing actually because they took my money and did not offer me the credit that I wanted for that month we had the DoS and they did nothing about it. Please do your research before you pay for this service, it is not worth it!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

When I discovered that all five of my websites, hosted on HostGator, were attacked by malware and unusable, I was in complete panic mode. I was devastated, because I happened to be in the middle of a crowdfunding campaign, and my main website, which was a critical part of that campaign, was now not functioning at all. It had taken FOUR YEARS to create the campaign, and it was my second attempt to raise funds. My website being hacked and obliterated was devastating financially. In a panic and sobbing, I called HostGator. HostGator connected me with their "security." I did not know I was being transferred to a third party... I THOUGHT I WAS TALKING TO HOSTGATOR'S SECURITY DEPARTMENT... NOT ANOTHER COMPANY: SITELOCK.

The lady on the phone told me it would cost me $2400 to "manually clean" all five of my websites that had been attacked by malware. Sobbing, I told her I obviously could not afford that. She put me on hold to "talk to her manager" who then miraculously allowed her to offer to clean ONE of my websites, my most important website, for ONLY $600. This was really a good deal; she felt bad for me so was "able to do this" for me. Under duress, sobbing, hysterical, I signed a contract with SiteLock for $600, paying $50 per month.

Here is Hostgator's response, when I contacted them the next day to complain: "I am also sorry to hear that you were not happy with your experiences while working with Sitelock. While Sitelock is our partner, HostGator does not have direct access to their support systems. Furthermore, we understand that some websites may have been damaged by the compromised and that you were experiencing some issues after the cleaning was done. If you have a clean backup of any damage sites that you would like us to restore, we can do so for a fee of $25 per restoration request."

SO... HOSTGATOR WILL RESTORE MY SITE FOR $25, but SITELOCK CHARGED ME $600 to "clean and restore?" I could have given HostGator a clean backup instead of paying SiteLock. Why was that not offered to me at the time?? BECAUSE: This was a "bait and switch" operation. HostGator, IMHO, allows malware to infect the site, the customer calls for help, HostGator's "partner" SiteLock scams the customer... and HostGator and SiteLock share in the outrageous fees they rip off from their own customers.

I feel totally ripped off. I can't afford $50 a month to SiteLock. And by the way SiteLock said it was MY FAULT. I was hacked by malware. I should have purchased extra security on my sites. Well: the sites were created 12 years ago; updated and maintained, but security was not offered at the time they were hosted on HostGator. And that bit of advice cost me $600. A total ripoff, by HostGator and SiteLock. I am now Locked into a contract with SiteLock for $50 a month, and I want to transfer my domains and my websites away from HostGator. But how can I do that?? If I try, will they block/lock my transfer and not allow it?? I feel ripped off and am really upset about it. Beware of HostGator and SiteLock.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

My website host - Hostgator- took down my 3 websites because of "malware" - which I later found out did not exist. They directed me to SiteLock to have the malware removed. Then the heavy sales pitch from SiteLock began- they would remove the malware for 300$. When I said I wasn't interested, they tried to coax me into signing up to a 6 month "plan." I sensed that this was a scam between Hostgator and SiteLock and when I googled "Hostgator and Sitelock Scam" I found lots of evidence to support that. Both are owned by the same company. I went back to Hostgator with all the evidence I found re this scam and finally got my websites back online. Beware both these companies. Steer clear at all costs as they are working together to extort money from innocent customers. It is downright fraud.

SiteLock Company Information