Compare VoIP Providers

Research top VoIP Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I was very pleased with their customer service. I had a question about my order and they were very helpful and nice about it. I would definitely recommend this brand to others. Very professional! The reps appeared to have a lot of knowledge regarding the website and their products. This is what I expected, but sometimes reps may not be as knowledgeable as you would expect or think. The person I communicated with was very nice and helpful. They expressed a genuine interest in helping me in any way and making sure that my issue was resolved. Their hours of operation were very good for me. I was able to contact them in a way that worked for me and my busy schedule.

We used it before switching over our cable and bundling, but for the short time we used this, it was satisfactory. We only needed a landline phone for emergency use, so it served its purpose. They knew their business well enough to explain and troubleshoot problems we may have had. The price for what you're getting is pretty good. Never had a huge technical problem where anyone had to come out and fix anything, but when we first switched, we did have to call a tech person and I used the support from their website, and it was fine. Their hours are convenient enough. If you need assistance you can use the support on their website or speak with something using Shoretel.

The call quality of this service is extremely reliable and the quality of the calls is very clear. In my opinion it is worth it. I consider it highly reliable. The representatives through this service are highly trained and a very reliable source of help and information. They appeared to be very knowledgeable. They were very quick, and their responsiveness to my questions were very fast. I did not wait at all. I would highly recommend their service to anyone. Their hours of operation are very open. They have a twenty four hour automated call center but you can also get to speak with a live operator after following the prompts.

Clear voice when others call me and vice versa. No static like l hear on other couples services. l have better options on my phone service than my old landlord line. The reps for the most part were knowledgeable enough to explain things to me that l had a problem with on my monthly bill. And they are courteous at all times. If you had a question or problem they are quick to find a solution if possible and do so with professional care and attitude. Rarely did l have long wait times. The hours are reasonable. However if you are unable to talk to someone for any reason you can have them contact you plus they have a help center online.

If you want service that breaks up and barely connect calls, this is the service you want. It basically lacks the fundamentals of a good phone provider and it is a waste of your money. At least they do know about the industry. They are involved in and how to better improve their services. It's a shame I couldn't hold out long enough to see if their service was any better after a few months.

They just could not deliver what they promised all around as a company that claims to be for the people. Hopefully they have improved in the sense where they can provide a better phone service. At least their hours are convenient and reliable to be able to contact them for many hours throughout every day. It is quite helpful especially when you have to contact them frequently.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ShoreTel ?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

At first I assumed that the connection quality would be really terrible, but surprisingly it was great. It was like a landline, but more advanced. It never buffered or echoed or dropped. The customer service representative are very knowledgeable. There is nothing more frustrating than speaking with a person who does not have a clue about what they are talking about our cannot fix your issue. Their responsiveness is amazing. Compared to other companies of similar business, it's much easier to deal with and get your problem fixed or to just have a simple question answered and it's fast. The hours of operation are great. They have always been open any time I needed them. They are always available and the wait time is not too bad. I would say that their hours of operation are great and I would recommend.

They are really good in giving and received call. It can save some a lot of money by doing so. It a good company for it. It can be very helpful for calling other in the line. It can be helpful to other international and local calling. It can be better for voice or texting also. It can be very good to other and very helpful in person in needed. It also very good in the future when doing work or other things. Can be better for the future in coming.

It is important to have good people on my side when it is a call station and it is a best one for me to see. It is necessary for me to be a good person and it is important to be knowledgeable in the industry. It is best for me to know what the difference is. It is best for me to know responsiveness and good people and how they react to is and know how they respond to certain situations and the difference. It is important to pay people the right way and what they are worth and what they do and get raises based on merit and accomplishment. I like it very much.

It's a very good and fast service and I would really recommend it to a lot of people like my family and friends so they could you use it too. I am really sure they're going to like it like I do. It's very satisfying how they do their service and what they use to make it a great service. Their responsiveness isn't really good. It takes them long to answer a call and try to help the person that needs help. The hours of operation are really good. It doesn't take long and the hours go by really really fast so you have nothing to worry about it take long.

Expert Review

Ellen MuraskinVoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.    More about Ellen→

Founded in 1996, ShoreTel Sky offers both on-premise and hosted VoIP services for businesses of all sizes.​

• Truly mobile integration: Transfer a call from the road to the home office without a disconnect.
  • True data integration: With total control over its switching platform, ShoreTel has been able to imbed its calling features within, NetSuite and BullHorn. Conversely, incoming calls can pop relevant account records on screen as they arrive.
  • Deployment options: Choose from cloud, on premise or hybrid deployments. ShoreTel helps you decide.
  • Service and equipment discounts: For new customers, ShoreTel Sky offers discounts that range from 10 to 40 percent on equipment and service.
  • Operate from the cloud: ShoreTel Sky's hosted VoIP services are based in the cloud, giving you cutting-edge technology without early-adoption price tags.
  • Unified platform: Bringing voice, video, data, messaging, calendaring and other functions under one roof, ShoreTel Sky offers a single management platform to streamline business activities.
  • Best for Small businesses to large corporations.

Compare VoIP - Internet Phone Service