3.9/5 (122 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Taylor Sansano
Edited by Cassidy McCants

About RingCentral

RingCentral offers an intuitive platform for voice, video meetings, team messaging and collaboration. From click-to-dial functionality to one-click video conferencing, everyone on your plan can readily access the same digital tools through a single, easy-to-use platform that works across office sites and mobile devices. Setup, deployment, and adoption is also easy, and IT can manage it all from anywhere. RingCentral supports all types of businesses, with plans built to each company’s size and needs. The plans can get expensive for large businesses, but the company promises no hidden fees.

Pros

• Four customizable plans
  • All-in one communications solution
  • 24/7 staff support and extensive resources
  • No hidden fees

Cons

• Not yet available in all countries
  • Might require contract

Bottom Line

RingCentral moves beyond a traditional VoIP service by providing one platform for voice, video meetings, a contact center and team messaging and collaboration. There are several plan options and price points available with no hidden fees.

RingCentral Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RingCentral?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RingCentral?

Original review: May 2, 2022

They have back-office systems like texting and phone service. They also have the ability to call in with the numbering, you can push one or two or three, and the easy set up on the internet. They have an app as well as a computer so I can take calls, VoIP calls, and it's easy to use. The step is easy to use as well.

RingCentral response

Robert, thanks so much for your review. If anything bubbles up feel free to reach out. We've provided the Review Team email in a private response.

Original review: April 28, 2022

Working with their reps has been good so far but we are still a work in progress.

RingCentral response

Somaya, thank you for your review. We're so glad you're having a positive experience.

Original review: April 27, 2022

I was referred to RingCentral by my friends who use it. One of my new employees used to work for another company who used RingCentral. And he told me that it's much better than our current phone system, and I decided to switch. RingCentral is very convenient. It was easy to set up. Also, I can use it on my mobile, desktop, and on a regular phone. They have any feature that I was thinking of and many more that I don't need. It's great, overall. I use my phone quickly. Everything was good.

RingCentral response

We're so happy to hear about your positive experience Sandzhar. Thanks for your review!

Original review: April 26, 2022

I like everything about RingCentral. It helps organize the flow of calls coming in.

RingCentral response

Jermaine, thanks so much for your review. We're so glad you like the flow of calls coming in!

Original review: April 25, 2022

RingCentral is mediocre at this point. Some good, and some bad. I was finally able to get to a person, which was good. But everyone does the, “We’ll let our computer try to figure out what you want. And see if that works." And when it doesn't work, it's frustrating. It was a bit confusing until I got to the onboarding person. She was great. Because I was transferred from another service to RingCentral, I had to arrange to grab my old number before Vonage shut it down. I wanted to get it done before my previous service ended. So, I was anxious to get started quickly. And I knew it takes time. I use my cell phone all the time. I can attach RingCentral to show up on an app on my cell phone.

RingCentral response

John, thanks so much for your input. We're glad you got your phone numbers together during your switchover. We'll be sending you the Review Team Email if something bubbles up and you need further assistance.

Original review: April 24, 2022

The salesguy that I spoke with did a good job. He stayed in touch. It took us two months. We were waiting on funding and just a long process to get there. And he would check in each week, just like we asked him. And when we were ready to go, he put it all together, and got it done. He was friendly and knowledgeable of what he is selling. The more savvy I get with the calling app, the better it will all operate. But the services worked great. RingCentral got us our phone numbers and tracking numbers. So we are about to go live.

RingCentral response

Braden,the more you use the app, the more you learn. You can even check out your MyRingCentral for personalized tutorials and courses to go along with your RingCentral Account! We're so glad you've had a positive experience!

Original review: April 23, 2022

It's been pretty good so far. I like having several numbers that ring to my receptionist, that way I can check my marketing and see what's working and what's not.

RingCentral response

Brian! Great to hear! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience!

Original review: April 22, 2022

RingCentral is great about follow-ups. Also, the platform itself has been good. The platform itself has been good. All VOIPs have issues because you're running through the internet versus a less standard landline. No worse than any of the others that I’ve used. And their customer service more than makes up for it. It’s nice to be able to have the phone tree to split off. And I like the texting features. I’d recommend RingCentral.

RingCentral response

Megan, thanks so much for the review. We love to hear about your positive experience.

Original review: April 21, 2022

I'm not happy because I've called RingCentral at least five times for an issue. Because I used to use RingCentral in a different law firm, which is why we got it here. And it's mainly just for the faxing. For some reason, when you do the fax cover sheet, when you have to pick fax, and you type in the phone number, it doesn’t give you a place to put the person’s name that it’s going to. I’ve already spent hours on the phone in the last week. But nobody could give me an answer. I asked for a supervisor. I was on hold for an hour yesterday. They said they would call me back in 20 minutes. Eventually, somebody called me back a couple of hours later and I re-explained the whole thing. She didn’t know what I was talking about. And I had to do this all over.

I said, “I just went through this whole thing, it’s really simple. Where do you put the To name?” Because when I had it in my old firm, it was a little app on my desktop. I click the thing, and I can type the person’s name, the phone number and everything else. And that makes the cover sheet. But that’s not happening here. And nobody can tell me, “We’re working on it.” That’s the latest yesterday. “I’ll put it in for development.” But it was here before. So how come it’s not here now? They tell me it’s a new app. And I said, “But if it’s supposed to be better, why is it not?" I’m confused. So, I’m not happy about it, because I don’t have the time to sit on the phone.

RingCentral response

Jackie, Sorry to hear about these challenges. Please reach out to the Review Team directly and we'll be glad to assist. We've sent our email address via private response.

Resolution response: April 18, 2022

Hello, I wish to withdraw my complaint. I was contacted by RingCentral and they resolved the issue to my satisfaction. Thank you.

-Paul **

Original review: April 15, 2022

So I know what RingCentral is going to say. When I started a new business a year and a half ago I somehow didn't read the fine print in the contract, that I was signing a three-year, shackled, obligation to remain with them without cancellation... However, as happens from time to time, the business didn't work out the way I intended and I obviously wanted to spare myself the bleeding, so I contacted customer service to cancel. Upon doing so, I was told about early termination blah blah blah and then the number $730 to cancel... Otherwise, I am under contract for another year and a half, wow!

Even after explaining twice the reason for the cancellation, there was still nothing they could do. Upon being transferred to a supervisor, I was on hold for a very extensive time before throwing my hands in the air and giving up (which is apparently what they want you to do). Even if this is somehow legal for a company to do this, it certainly is unethical. Word to the wise, stay away!

RingCentral response

So sorry about this, Paul. We'll reach out to the Customer Experience Team and identify if there is a solution.

Thanks for updating your rating, Paul!

Glad we were able to turn around the issue and lend a hand.

Original review: April 15, 2022

RingCentral's services are kind of exactly what I was hoping for because we just had another service that we had been using and I had had calls drop and the interface online and the customer service were lacking. So, I needed to switch and everything's been great so far. We hold this phone number just to ourselves so we don't give out our personal cellphones as our business line because we don't have an office as an organization. So, we need a consistent phone number to pass on from one director to the next. It's a pretty simple thing that we use the service for. With the previous provider, we weren't even getting the very few calls that do come in. I wasn't hearing them and they weren't forwarded on to me. RingCentral came in a little bit more expensive than they were, but I was willing to pay that. It comes down to about 12 bucks a month extra but for me, it was worthwhile to have a service that works and is not a pain to operate.

RingCentral response

Pedro, Great to hear your feedback! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. If the Review Team can do anything to assist, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Original review: April 10, 2022

We've had nothing but issues with Ring Central. We had called several times. The way that things are set up, things flip-flopped a different way. There were times when the mainline only rings on one phone. We have three physical phones in this office. One of them, we do not have rings during the day because it’s our chief medical officer. We have it to where when you dial the main number, it rings for both my extension, which is 102 and another extension, which is 101. But it will only ring on 102 or it will only ring on 101 and that would be during business hours.

I’d speak to somebody in customer service. They'd say, “We can't find any settings that would show why that's happening.” We'd spend 45 minutes to an hour on the phone. The next day, it would back to the same thing where the phone’s not ringing in somebody’s office. It's all too complicated. But the customer service people that we spoke to were knowledgeable about their system and we have learned some different things.

But we’re having voicemails that are being left and we're missing calls. We're a home health agency. We lost about a $50,000 contract earlier this week because our phone never rang. It ended up leaving a voicemail box with the lady saying she left it in the general voicemail box, that only went to extension 102’s voicemail, but didn’t send any kind of an email or a text message. That could have been our first big break. We lost it because we didn’t get the voicemail until three hours later. She was like, “These other guys don’t want to talk to me,” when the whole morning, I was sitting there staring at the phone, waiting for this lady to call me back.

RingCentral response

Greg, Sorry to hear this. The Review Team would like to help. Please reach out to us directly via the message we'll send via private response.

Original review: April 9, 2022

The desktop app works well but I came across some problems with the Chrome extension. The last time, it stopped working. I tried signing out and signing in again and that worked. I also have to quit on my computer. Before, it used to be on one of them. When I resigned in, it starts showing on both of the screens, which is uncomfortable for me. Recently, the Chrome extension stopped again. Before stopping, it worked very slowly. Someone suggested to me to delete and install it again. I did it and it worked. Three or four days ago, I deleted it again and I didn't have time to install it back.

The good thing with the Chrome extension is I don't need to copy the phone numbers on the website to the desktop application. The extension identifies the number on the website and calls it itself. That's what I need. Right now, I'm using the desktop application. On the website, I'm copying the phone numbers and pasting them on the application, which wastes my time a little. If RingCentral works on the extension and improves it, that will be perfect. RingCentral is helping a lot because we need to work on the desktop. So far, so good except for the Chrome extension. I already recommend RingCentral to my buddy. They're GoTo application. I tried this one but I didn't like it. RingCentral, on the other hand, is working.

RingCentral response

Thanks for this feedback, Alex! We're always working to improve and are happy to assist! Please reach out to us via the email we'll share in a private response.

Original review: April 8, 2022

We've been using our cell phones and we've missed some business that way. I decided to try to find a central number that would ring to our cellphones. It was like having a receptionist without having a receptionist. We did RingCentral. Setting it up was relatively easy once they understood what we needed. We're playing with the system and learning, and seeing how we're going to use it.

RingCentral response

Bill, Thanks for sharing your experience and this feedback. Our teams are always available to help. Please reach out to the Review Team directly via the email we'll share in the private response.

Original review: April 1, 2022

Every department that I spoke to at RingCentral, from the setup department explaining everything to me to the billing department and the person who helped me set up the account, went above and beyond. They were very polite and informative. No question was a dumb question. I asked a question over and over and they explained to me until I was able to understand. My rep who set up the account for me reaches out to me and asks me if everything's working out, and I can always give her a call or email her. Everything works and I like it. At least I'm able to tell where people are calling because I have a different number. It has helped because it gives proper business structure. The only thing is I have one number, but it's only one extension. If they can at least add another one or two extensions in the same package, that'd be cool. Also, the faxing is automatically generated with the business information, but I need to know how to edit.

RingCentral response

Ashley, we're so happy to hear about your experience with us! No question is ever a dumb question when it comes to RingCentral. If the review team can help you with the latter issues, reach out and we'll be happy to help. We'll send the email address in a private response.

Original review: March 31, 2022

So far, RingCentral's service has been good. We really needed a phone service for us to do the calls, and we're satisfied with that. There are just a few things though. There has been a charge of like $23 for the calling credits package. I was able to deal with Vicky about this matter and she said she is going to process a refund. I called support yesterday to cancel my text messaging so I won't be charged anymore, but I haven't gotten any confirmation with the refund yet. Vicky said it would reflect within 24 to 48 hours. I hope there's some kind of email notification about the refund, too.

RingCentral response
Vinnell, Thanks for sharing your feedback.

Glad you're getting what you need.

In the meantime, we'll share contact info for the Review Team via Private Response. Please reach out to us if you run into any troubles with your refund.

Original review: March 28, 2022

Reiner with Ring Central is VERY UNPROFESSIONAL as I should wait for A WEEK him to be available. Ring Central charged me extra amount which is not mentioned on the contract. Every day I am being charged $23.40 which equals to $702 for a month. SCAM!!! This is not the first time as well. It is second time and I have been trying to get a hold of him since last week!

RingCentral response

Steve, Sorry to hear about these issues. Please reach out to the Review Team directly and we'll be glad to get you connected to your account manager. We've shared our contact info in via the private response.

Original review: March 25, 2022

I've been working with them for about three years. I've got two different businesses so I've got two different accounts set up with them. But I have multiple phones, and I needed a way to get it to ring both because I'm out of the office a lot. So it rings to my office and to my cell phone. I never miss a call. Their dashboard is pretty complicated, and there's a lot to set up. But anytime I've had a problem, I just call. When you can get through, in this day and age, they're very helpful. Their service has worked great for me. I had to call when I did my second business with them. They have a tutorial or somebody will help you set it up. But they could make sure people take advantage of that, and let them help in setting up everything. It makes onboarding much easier.

RingCentral response

Ron, We love to hear this! Thanks so much for sharing this feedback. Please keep in touch and let us know how we're doing!

Original review: March 17, 2022

RingCentral provides voice over internet support for a line that I manage. We just started, but we have had a vast improvement of the service that we had before. They're very consistent with following up on implementation and making sure that we have the service that we need. They're very positive and encouraging. I have a lot of questions and they always give me thorough answers both in writing and verbally. Whatever they've committed to, they put it in writing.

RingCentral response

Beveryly, we're so glad to hear about your positive experience with us. We're always here to answer any questions you have.

Original review: March 13, 2022

I've spoken to two people. At first, I didn't have a name to call, so I had to call several times. Once I hooked up with a gentleman, he explained everything and set everything up. RingCentral has been good. I haven't used it a lot, except for just calling my children because my business isn't open yet, but so far, I like it.

RingCentral response

Great to hear, Howard! Please keep us in the loop as your business takes off!

Original review: March 10, 2022

After I signed up, somebody contacted me to help me get my account set up and I told them, “Well, let me follow up and I'll schedule a time.” But they kept contacting me. Eventually, I scheduled a time and we got it done. But that part of the experience was very frustrating. If the client says, “Let me follow up and I'll schedule a time with you,” they need to stop calling all the time. Other than that, the system seems to be working pretty well. One thing I like about it is that I can talk with people through my laptop, so that's nice and helpful.

RingCentral response

Brian, Thanks for your feedback and sharing your experience. We'll share with our internal teams. In the meantime, if we can assist, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Original review: March 4, 2022

I signed up and was very pleased with the service. I started with RingCentral about a year ago, but was afflicted with covid so that ended that. I just restarted and the team at RingCentral is very professional and helpful. RingCentral now uses an onboarding platform, which is great. It walks you through the process. However, when you're trying to select the voice that you're using, the options are limited.

RingCentral response

Jean, Thanks for this feedback. Let the Review Team know if we can do anything to assist with challenges you're experiencing!

Original review: March 3, 2022

I've been using RingCentral for 5 months but I have never talked with my account manager. When I call to their support department there will always be someone to assist me like Maria **, she was very helpful. But as many concerns can be dealt with the help of my account manager I have been waiting for him to be available for one week but Mr. ** is still busy to answer my calls. Hope this issue will be solved soon!!!

RingCentral response

Update: So glad to have helped in resolving this issue, Mohammed! Thanks for your updated rating!

Mohammed, The Review Team would like to help. Can you shoot us an email at the address we will share via private response?

Thanks!

Original review: March 3, 2022

I am wanting to record all my calls, so that's going to be very useful. Then there are some things for which I need to do a face-to-face with the client, and with things the way they are, I can’t. Plus, I want to expand my business to other states, so this is the best way to do it. Then we were doing a video call with one of my teammates, and it was really easy for her to jump on this video call, and we were doing it through RingCentral. I’ve also taken a couple of calls from clients using RingCentral. I'm actually wanting very much to call implementation today to see if they can help me finish getting set up and then also my team if they can help me train them.

So far, so good. This is going to help me have better contact with my clients, which has been lacking for the past two years, and not miss any calls and voicemails. It’s gonna make things very easy for me. There are so many things that I can do. I can actually synchronize with my CRM. So, just overall making it more efficient, and overall for my team to stay connected in a better way, and for my clients to get where they need to be easier.

RingCentral response
Yana, we love to hear this! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience.

The Review Team is here to help! Please reach out if we can support you as you put everything in place.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2022

Things are going really well. We did a video call with David and it's simple. I've been able to go in there and navigate the things that I want to do and change. And I feel confident that if I want to shut down at 3 o'clock as opposed to 5 o'clock, I know where to go. So, we can change a week at a time for our on-call technicians. It has been nice. I'd like to get into more of the features that are available as far as the workspace to learn a bit more about that.

Everybody at RingCentral has been very responsive. We had some hiccups when we were doing the installation. We couldn't get our current phones. We ran into a problem, so we were down for quite a while.Maybe when we go live, if we have customers that have phones existing, maybe have somebody from RingCentral's IT department on hand. But so far, it has been working. And even I had to chat in to get some things straightened around, it was responsive. I was done in 20 minutes.

Great to hear, Beth!

Thanks so much for your great review! Keep the review team in the loop should you need anything!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

I like RingCentral's price and features. We use it for making phone calls. It would be better if the voicemail preview came in, but other than that, it has been a good experience so far.

RingCentral response

Geoffrey, Thanks so much for sharing your experience and this great feedback. We're always working to improve and we'll be bubbling this up to our Product Team. Please stay in touch if we can do anything to support you.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

My previous boss had been using RingCentral for a long time and when the company merged with the current company, since that's what we were used to using, he decided to try and stick with it. But our phones have not worked correctly in two months. We were trying to have all nine lines working with them and they just don't. Also, we can't get one specific person to help with the technical implementation of it and every time we call, it’s somebody new. It's this endless cycle of too many cooks in the kitchen and too many people messing with one thing.

RingCentral response

Nikki, Thanks for sharing this feedback. The Review Team would like to help. Can you please reach out to us via the email we'll share via private response?

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

They charged me for making international calls, which I did not make, and they know that I did not make them because there’s no record of them. But almost every time I tried to call customer service to get it fixed, they hung up on me. It has been since the 25th and I still don't have a refund. Nobody wants to give me a refund because they don't care.

Also, at the very beginning, it was very important to me that the number worked when the service gets transferred and they never once told me that the texting would not start working at the same time as the phone. So the calls would get transferred and I would lose all of my texts for my clients from the time that started until it got resolved. I'm a lawyer. People think I'm ignoring them. It's been terrible and I'm quitting and moving my number elsewhere.

Carrie,
We're so sorry to hear this. Please reach out to the Review Team directly and we'll be glad to look into this further.

We'll share an email via Private Response.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

Ring Central provided a service for two of my companies for about a year or so. I had nothing but problems with their service. From one service call to another. If you call their service department you get transferred all over the world. A minimum of 1-2 hour phone calls each time. Not to mention the money I spent on IT services to fix their service. They even gave our company phone number away to another person. I didn't have a company phone number for about a month until they were able to get it back. Lost thousands of dollars because of that. We canceled our service and they gave back the phone number to us only to continued to take their $144 a month that was on auto pay. 1:30 minutes later I could not speak to someone that could help me. Of course, all the managers were busy. Worst company and service I have ever experienced. You're better off with two cups and a string.

RingCentral response

Frank, So sorry to hear about this experience. If there are any outstanding issues, please reach out to the Review Team and we'll be glad to prioritize/escalate your concerns.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

The onboarding went really well and the individual who did our onboarding was excellent. She answered all of the questions that I had and was able to set up our account appropriately. We've been using it to answer customer calls and it's been pretty good so far.

RingCentral response
Renee, thanks for taking the time to share this feedback with us.

Keep us updated and reach out if we can assist!

RingCentral Company Information