3.2/5 (124 ratings)
Author picture
Written by
Edited by

About RingCentral

RingCentral offers an intuitive platform for voice, video meetings, team messaging and collaboration. From click-to-dial functionality to one-click video conferencing, everyone on your plan can readily access the same digital tools through a single, easy-to-use platform that works across office sites and mobile devices. Setup, deployment, and adoption is also easy, and IT can manage it all from anywhere. RingCentral supports all types of businesses, with plans built to each company’s size and needs. The plans can get expensive for large businesses, but the company promises no hidden fees.

Pros

• Four customizable plans
  • All-in one communications solution
  • 24/7 staff support and extensive resources
  • No hidden fees

Cons

• Not yet available in all countries
  • Might require contract

Bottom Line

RingCentral moves beyond a traditional VoIP service by providing one platform for voice, video meetings, a contact center and team messaging and collaboration. There are several plan options and price points available with no hidden fees.

RingCentral Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RingCentral?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2022

RingCentral seemed that they had the most to offer. Not necessarily the cheapest, but they had a good value. I was looking for a basic phone service. There are features here that I did not anticipate having. But they are nice features. It’s mostly answering calls. I tried transferring a call earlier today and it seems to work fine. So, I'm happy with that. A couple of people who have called commented that when they're on hold, they appreciate the music or while it's ringing.

RingCentral response

Robert, Great to hear! We're always here to help. Please don't hesitate to reach out to the Review Team if we can help! We'll share our contact info via Private Response.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2022

I have been a tough cookie to crack, but Wilma, my sales agent, stayed right in there. She called me whenever I told her when to call. She didn't let me fall off. I like her diligence and patience. She was very informative and always sweet. She walked me over. My onboarding guy, Joe, was the best. I got more of what I need with RingCentral. Today is the first day that I've jumped in and started making phone calls. I'm having a issue when I'm trying to call out on my phone but so far, so good.

RingCentral response
DeAngela, This is such great feedback. We're so grateful to hear from you.
If our team can help, please reach out. We've left our email vis Private Response.

We'll be sure to share the positive feedback about Wilma and Joe.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2022

It's been great with RingCentral. The young lady that helped me set it up was great.

RingCentral response

Tyronda, Thanks so much for sharing your experience!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

So far, the experience with RingCentral hasn't been entirely great. We were told that the text message thing was supposed to port over between 24 to 72 hours, but it still doesn't work. When we try to get text messages from customers, it says that it's a landline. We've been having some issues with that with customers. As for the phone quality, we've been having reports from people that it's hard to hear us in some instances. Other than those, the app is super cool. The app and internal messaging is good for our team. The voicemail service is nice.

RingCentral response

Josh, Thanks for sharing this feedback. We're sorry to hear you've experienced some challenges. We're glad to support you - please reach out to the Review Team directly. We've shared our email via Private Response.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2022

RingCentral is horrible. I was so disappointed in their people. They should employ some people in the United States that you can speak to because all of their people are in the Philippines, and all you can hear is this chit-chat in the background and dogs barking and you can hear all the background noise. It's horrible. Then they kind of talk in circles. They don't talk in full sentences. So, I was like, “Oh, my God, how did I get into this mess?” I tried to get them to port over a couple of phone numbers from AT&T to them because AT&T wanted to get rid of our old landlines, and I messed with them. I never got hooked up with them because they could not port it over. Some days I would get six or eight emails from them saying that they couldn't port over the numbers because the lines were disconnected. They weren't disconnected because they were still working here in my office. I called AT&T.

AT&T said that they have horrible problems with these people all the time. So, AT&T even went to bat for me and contacted them and said, “It's not going to happen, so can you give her her money back?" I was on the phone with either them or AT&T for about five hours a day for five days. I turned AT&T in to the FCC in order to get somebody's attention, and my threat to RingCentral was they were going to be next.

I finally said, “I give up. Just forget it. If you can't get it done, forget it. Just give me my money back.” I had paid for the service for a year because it was so inexpensive. I bought a phone from them. I told them, “I'll keep the phone, but I want my money back for the service because you haven't been able to hold up your end of the bargain.” They sent me a cancellation notice, but they didn't send the credit. So, every few days, I called. Finally, I turned them in to the credit card company, and so I got my credit. They credited me back while they investigate. I called RingCentral again on Friday and they said I should see a credit this week.

RingCentral response

Sorry to hear about your experience, Vickey. Please reach out to the Review Team and we'll be glad to assist. We've shared our contact information via Private Response.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

We were using the phone and fax with RingCentral but we canceled. It was not good. We were struggling to get voicemails and calls coming through. We had a lot of issues. We used it for a week and a half and switched back. They pretty much set it up, and then we were on our own. That was a little frustrating because we're a law office and we're not tech people. It's kind of like, "Okay, we need the phone to be ready to roll." There are issues with the phone. It was all coming through our computer at first. We were told our phones would integrate with it, and then they didn't, and then they did. So, that was a little bit frustrating at first. Then, calls weren't coming through. We missed a lot of calls. Then, we weren't able to transfer. Some phones weren't working.

I was very dissatisfied. We were warned not to change to RingCentral. We were told it is bad. My husband said, "No, I really want to try it." We called and we had emailed their customer service. Our phone was not working out. They said, "We can't get to you right now. You can call the 1800 and try to get somebody." It was very frustrating and it was a really bad experience.

RingCentral response

Sorry to hear about your experience, Shari. If we can assist with any closure on this, please reach out to the Review Team.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

The amenities that RingCentral has compared to what I was using are night and day. I decided to change because the brokerage that I work with put new rules and regulations that we have to record every phone call. The service also got a feature where I can do video conference. So far, it's been a wonderful experience with RingCentral. The customer service has been awesome.

RingCentral response
Derek, So excited to hear from you regarding your switch to RingCentral.

Stay in touch and let the Review Team know if there is anything we can do to assist! Onward and upward!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

I thought the experience was gonna be a bit more difficult than what it is, and it really is not. People are receptive to the call recording and we're good. We faxed from RingCentral to see how that aspect works, and it was a little slower than what we thought it should be, but it works just fine. Considering that it went from a phone to a fax machine, it was perfect. The only problem is I have the program on my computer, but I don't have the accessibility through my computer as of yet.

RingCentral response

Linda, Thanks for this feedback. We're so glad to hear that things are going well. For any additional challenges, please feel free to reach out to the Review Team directly. We'll send our email via Private Response. Keep us updated on how things are going!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2022

I switched over recently, so I haven't used RingCentral extensively, but so far, so good. Their implementation team spent an hour walking me through the setup. It was a very seamless transition, and their support and the customer service has been great. I like their interface better than my previous phone service too.

RingCentral response
Excellent to hear, Michael! We're so glad to have you with us.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if we can assist! Onward and upward!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2022

RingCentral has been terrible. I have been signed on for several weeks and haven't been able to use the service a single day because they can't seem to port my number in. I've spent at least five hours this week on the phone with them, and all they do is repeatedly repeat themselves even though I've sent screenshots from OnSIP showing that OnSIP has done everything that they're supposed to do for the transfer to go through. I threatened to cancel yesterday, then my account manager called and now they've been working on it.

RingCentral response

Crystal, sorry to hear about these challenges. The Review Team would like to help. Please reach out to us if we can facilitate. We'll leave our email via private response.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

Our numbers just got ported over today, but the whole setup, the process we went through the other day, I was very impressed with that person. Someone else got in touch with me yesterday, and they are now our rep. So far, I've been very pleased.

RingCentral response
Sandy, Great news! Thanks for sharing your feedback!

Let us know if we can help further!

Resolution response: Sept. 21, 2022

Company finally allowed me to cancel after several attempts on here and BBB.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

We signed a 2 year contract in 2018. This year nearly 5 years later, we changed our company CRM. It requires us to use a different service for our phones. We had RingCentral PORT OUR NUMBERS over to the other service. We then contacted RingCentral to cancel our subscription. They refuse to cancel us because they tell us we are auto renewed into ANOTHER 2 year contract every 2 years. We now have NO PHONE NUMBERS with them, but we are still being charged. Basically you can NEVER leave unless you cancel at exactly the right time (30 days before your contract ends). If you already signed a contract, DO NOT LET THEM AUTO RENEW YOU OR YOU CAN NEVER LEAVE!

RingCentral response

Brian, The Review Team would like to look into this matter. Please reach out to us via the email address we've sent via private response.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

I have been with Ring Central for a little over a year. I am a small business owner and I ignorantly choose this phone system. Throughout my time, support has been awful. I never get help, no one understands my questions, and my bill has increased rapidly. I called to terminate services as I can't get proper assistance and I was told they automatically renewed my contract for another year and I am unable to terminate without paying over $1000. I have called 3 times in the last 5 days just to be hung up on over and over again. They refuse to cancel my service, they refuse to allow me to speak with a supervisor. I am about ready to contact my lawyer and the Better Business Bureau. STAY AWAY!

RingCentral response

We're so sorry to hear about your experience. We'd like to help you out. Please reach out to the Review Team via email. We've provided our email in a private response.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

I did research on various VoIP services and decided RingCentral offered the best cost for value. I'm just getting off the ground right now, so as I'm setting things up and signing up for bank accounts and business licenses, I'm giving them to my marketing team to put out there. Working with RingCentral makes it easier to centralize my communications that way. RingCentral is very professional.

RingCentral response

We're so happy to hear about your experience. Thanks for taking the time to give us a review. We'd love to hear more if you would like to share. Feel free to reach out to the Review Team to tell us more. We've provided our email in a private response.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

We have not extensively started using RingCentral, but training sessions have been nice and the staff have been very supportive.

RingCentral response

Great to hear, James! Thanks for sharing this feedback. If the Review Team can help, please reach out to us. We'll share our contact via private response.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

We've had RingCentral turned on for a few months, but I'm still setting up the business. So now, we're just starting to get calls. So, we use it with PATLive. We have an answering service and we use their call forwarding to them. So, when my customers call in, they call our call center, and the staff uses it for interoffice communication. I'm happy with it.

RingCentral response

Music to our ears, Adam! Thanks for taking the time to share this feedback. Please reach out to the Review Team if you need any additional support!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

We've had some internet issues where we're staying right now, but that's temporary. There has been a bit of WiFi trouble that have caused a couple of problems. But so far, so good.

RingCentral response

Buzz, Thank you for sharing this feedback! Let the Review Team know if we can be of assistance. We'll share our contact information via private response.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

I'm using RingCentral for phone calls and text messages. I found out the hard way that it’s limited to 20 texts a month before I get charged another $24, and I was unaware of that so I'm no longer going to be using texting. It would be nice to be informed about the limited text messages before receiving a bill for going over the allotted text messages. They said that there were calls and texts for the Essentials package, and that's what I have, which was 19.99 a month. I paid for a year upfront. Then last week, I received another bill for $24, and I called inquiring about it, and then I was informed that there's a cap on text messages per month.

RingCentral response
Evan, Sorry to hear this. RingCentral changed our SMS pricing in response to demands from the FCC to crack down on fraudulent/spam text messages.
We send out communications when changes like this take place.
We've enclosed, via private response, a Knowledge Base article with details about the change.

Please feel free to reach out to us with any additional questions.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

We got the 1-800 number through them. It's putting us on the map as far as being able to be googled.

RingCentral response

This is great news, Robert! Best wishes for much growth for your business!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

I had a Google Voice number for my business and it wasn't working very well at all. So I ported my number over from Google Voice and RingCentral took care of it really well so I can have my calls forwarded to my answering service at a given time. I've been pretty pleased. The girl who helped me through this and set up everything took a lot of time. She was really good.

RingCentral response

We’re so happy to hear about your experience. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We’d love to continue the conversation and hear more, reach out to the Review Team via email. We've provided our email in a private response.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

My company has been using RingCentral for over a year. We say that it is an impediment to communications. Specifically:

1. The quality of RingCentral conference calls is very poor; it’s really hard to hear people speak and there is some odd background noise.

2. I was trying to log in to my company’s email and document management system, and two-factor authentication is required. The system kept calling me and texting me to send me the log-in codes that I needed to log in, but RingCentral wouldn’t have my phone ring or accept the texts, so I was unable to log in to my work email or document management system. This happened when I was traveling on vacation. I couldn’t be without access for days, so I had to turn around and come back to the office. So I missed a vacation and wasted $550 on the trip (on a train). This is RingCentral’s fault. If RingCentral hadn’t been installed on my cell phone, my cellphone provider would have accepted the two-factor authentication system’s calls and texts, which would have let me log in.

RingCentral response

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We'd love to help you out. Feel free to contact the Review Team using the email provided in our private response.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

I'm not happy with RingCentral so I'm about to switch back to my old carrier. I got an email about this text message thingy, and I forwarded that to my rep. The email was about two weeks old and I did not get a response to that. I sent her an email and another email. I still did not get a response. I called in to Nextiva twice. One of the people I spoke with sent her a direct message to give me a call. But still no response. I called again and laid a complaint. I even got a complaint number, but to date, my rep still has not responded. I called her myself and I texted her. She still did not respond. This has been going for way more than two weeks. This experience is really leaving an ugly taste in my mouth. I'm getting all these charges for text messages. But I cannot pay an extra penny with that message I've not heard of. Why did my rep not tell me that there are stages in the text messaging package? Because if she did, I would not have switched.

RingCentral response

We're so sorry to hear about your experience. We'd like to help out. Feel free to reach out to the Review Team via email with more information. We've provided our email in a private response.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

We like RingCentral. I like how I can route the calls automatically. One of the things I liked the best is when you get a voicemail, it can text you or email you. I don't have to listen to the voice messages because I can just read them on my email.

RingCentral response

Thanks for taking the time to give us a review. We're so happy to hear about your positive experience. If you would like to share more information, feel free to reach out to the Review Team via email. We've provided our email in a private response.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

We use RingCentral for phone numbers so that we can have a designated line. Then we communicate with people through the phone numbers and emails that we have. RingCentral is the support system that does that.

RingCentral response

David, we're so happy to hear about your experience. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. If you would like to share more about your experience, feel free to reach out to the Review Team. We've provided our email in a private response.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

To begin with, they have an unorganized overseas call center that kept calling me. Then when I needed help I tried calling the customer service line and could not get out of the automated attendant. I tried using the messaging feature and after waiting for about 8 minutes I asked why it was taking so long to "pull up my account" and was told that the rep was handling 3 to 4 calls at once. I scoured their site, watched their videos and tried finding my answer online. 3 hours later I decided to walk away and canceled the next day. Even cancelling took my more than 30 minutes. Who needs this? This shows a complete lack of respect for the customer's time as well as their employees. No way. No how. Never.

RingCentral response

Laure, we're so sorry to hear about your experience. We'd love to help you out. Feel free to reach out to the Review Team via email. We've provided our email through a private response.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2022

I have been with Ring Central since 2015. I have recently decided to cancel my account and transferred my lines. When I called to cancel, they said that my contract renewed automatically every year and I would have to buy my contract out for $2000. I called them on 8/26 and they conveniently said the contract renewed on 8/21 the day I transferred my lines. Don't use this service, horrible customer service and very hard to use. Every time I would try to use the dashboard to change my settings the phones would get messed up and I would have to call someone to get it fixed. Every person would change it differently and they never worked properly. Grasshopper is a much better company!!

RingCentral response

Thanks for taking the time to give us a rating. We're so sorry to hear about your experience. The Review Team would like to help, feel free to reach out via email. We've provided our email in a private response.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

DO NOT USE RING CENTRAL. Their customer service has one job and that is to try and keep you signed up and paying fees to get out of it. I had been a user for several years and had transitioned to a lower plan and was confirmed as month to month. When I went to cancel they said I had to pay out for another 10 months... They sign you up for Contracts with no notification. They make it impossible to port the numbers out. Do not use them!!!! They are unworthy and unethical. Stay Away.

RingCentral response

Marco, We have responded to you on TrustPilot as well. Please reach out to the Review Team directly and we'll be glad to look into your concerns further.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

We've only had RingCentral for a week or two up and running. But so far, so good. We're utilizing the call forwarding and we love the online part of it also. Communication is a little bit easier among departments.

RingCentral response

Thanks so much for your review. We’re so happy to hear about your experience. Keep us updated on how we’re doing and share more! Reach out to the Review Team to tell us more. We've provided our email in a private response.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

I have them for phone and fax service, and text messaging. They offer a lot of features for the price. The setup is complicated, but they have expert staff who walk you through it.

RingCentral response

Thanks so much for your review, John. We’re so happy to hear about your experience. Keep us updated on how we’re doing and share more! Reach out to the Review Team to tell us more. We've provided our email in a private response.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

I used RingCentral in the past and it was easy with some techs. But I didn’t have the best experience with RingCentral. It was slow and things were laggy. But this time, I started my own business and I gave them another shot. It’s not laggy this time around. It’s been better. They got a pretty decent customer service. But I don’t like getting on a recording and having to click through stuff. So I usually get them on the line. I can get them on the computer or on the phone and they handle things pretty quickly.

RingCentral response

William, we’re so happy to hear about your experience. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We’d love to continue the conversation and hear more, reach out to the Review Team. We've provided our email in a private response.

RingCentral Company Information