3.6/5 (126 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Taylor Sansano
Edited by Cassidy McCants

About RingCentral

RingCentral offers an intuitive platform for voice, video meetings, team messaging and collaboration. From click-to-dial functionality to one-click video conferencing, everyone on your plan can readily access the same digital tools through a single, easy-to-use platform that works across office sites and mobile devices. Setup, deployment, and adoption is also easy, and IT can manage it all from anywhere. RingCentral supports all types of businesses, with plans built to each company’s size and needs. The plans can get expensive for large businesses, but the company promises no hidden fees.

Pros

• Four customizable plans
  • All-in one communications solution
  • 24/7 staff support and extensive resources
  • No hidden fees

Cons

• Not yet available in all countries
  • Might require contract

Bottom Line

RingCentral moves beyond a traditional VoIP service by providing one platform for voice, video meetings, a contact center and team messaging and collaboration. There are several plan options and price points available with no hidden fees.

RingCentral Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RingCentral?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RingCentral?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

RingCentral was great when we were setting the service up. The credit card wasn't going through but they were helpful about that. Once you get ahold of them, they're very nice. However, trying to get ahold of them for any issues is virtually impossible. That's frustrating. I also don't feel I am completely in the know about what is entailed in my package. We have two phones - one for myself and one for my studio manager. We can text and call from those, but we are limited on their number of texts. We can do 100 texts a month. We're doing significantly more than that, but not enough to warrant paying $85 for 10,000, which is the next step. I didn't understand that. I thought we could just text or call from it as if it was my cell phone.

Only one of us can be used as the operator which means only one of us can text specifically from that main line number. I was trying to talk to somebody about it and spent two days trying to maneuver through their automated answering system. The automation doesn't work. It's the worst automated process I've ever seen. They need to repair that.

RingCentral response
Thanks for this feedback, Kerry. If the review team can help support you or establish clarity around your contract, we're happy to lend a hand.
If you're open to it, we'd like to understand better the challenges you experienced with our automated answering system - we're always working to improve.

We'll share a contact email via Private Response.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

I had to switch over because the Mitel solution was outdated. I couldn't text customers and clients or candidates. So, the upgrade was well appreciated. RingCentral helped with the implementation. I've been on the phone with them many times, and still working out some solutions.

RingCentral response

John, Thanks for sharing your feedback. We know switches take time and there's always a learning curve. Thanks for sticking with us and know we're to help! Feel free to reach out to the Review Team if you run into any hurdles!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

I was, on a recorded line, told I am not under a contract. In an attempt to cancel my service I was told I have a multi year agreement. When asked to review the recorded phone calls when I set this account up I was never provided them. When attempting to contact service or support I am left on hold for hours on end with no resolve.

RingCentral response

Ryan, Thanks for reaching out. The Review Team is glad to help. Please shoot us an email at the contact info we'll share via Private Response.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

This is a complaint against Ring Central, a phone company, for its failure to honor my request of October 20, 2022 to cancel service and to release my phone number for transfer and portability to Verizon. Verizon already has my account for mobile service. Multiple phones calls and email efforts have been met with delays and run-around. Agents asked that I agree to pay funds to Ring Central before action would be taken, even though there is a dispute over charges and even though I am willing to have the dispute resolved, but without Ring Central holding my phone number hostage. My disputes include Ring Central last week assessing an extra charge to my account without notice to me or my consent.

RingCentral response
Barry, RingCentral does not hold numbers hostage. We are bound by the standards and policies of the FCC. If your number is not being ported, it is likely because the required information you are providing does not match the information you provided while moving to RingCentral. We encourage you to work with Verizon to determine what information is not aligned to quickly resolve this issue.

Our Review Team is glad to look into this further. Please reach out to us directly via the contact info provided via private response.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

RingCentral is not what I was looking for as far as the budget but as far as the entire look of my business, it has really helped it out. I like that I can set up different prompt responses or have an announcement line. We have a professional phone line set up and it makes it seem bigger than it really is and more professional. Also, my interactions with their reps have been spectacular. They've been super helpful.

RingCentral response
Ashlie, So glad you found a fit that helps your business!

Glad to hear your experience has been good. Keep us informed if we can do anything to help!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

I had recently reached out to an account manager Angela assigned to my account. I asked how do I cancel since product is not useful to us. She responded that I've already paid the whole year till August 2023 and there's no refund. That's not exactly the information I'm looking for. Then she transferred me to "cancelation team". I told them the reason. Instead of guiding me on how to cancel, the person Echo just blurted out that he/she will not help unless I talk on his/her terms. Then this person started talking disrespectful, loud tone of voice, responding to me like this is a personal call.

I just thought that's this is a power trip. So I asked for someone else or supervisor to help, instead he/she latched on. Oh my... What a terrible customer service. I was put on hold for 5 min, then this same person came back and said that no supervisor or other available now and supervisor will call me back. Behavior on the phone is uncalled for. Did I get any help? ZERO HELP. I DON'T RECOMMEND RING CENTRAL. It failed to deliver, shady business model, waste of money. Soon you'll see!

RingCentral response

Becky, Sorry to hear this. We'd like to look into this issue further to identify who you talked with and see if there is a resolution. Please reach out to us via the contact info provided in the private response.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

I like the features of RingCentral compared to their competitors. The features are perfect and it's everything we asked for. RingCentral has been pretty valuable. I'm connected with more callers when I miss their call.

RingCentral response

We're so thrilled to hear from you, Aaron! Thanks for sharing your experience! Stay in touch and let us know if the Review Team can do anything to support you!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2022

I needed a phone system that was reputable and relatively inexpensive for a small business. I did RingCentral and the impact has been very positive so far. They've got really good customer service and I like them. They're very attentive. I'm having a good time with the product so far and I'm looking to continue using them effectively. At some point, I’d like to scale up. Hopefully, I can do that with RingCentral.

Great to hear, B.K.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share this feedback. We're here to help you scale - reach out to the Review Team if we can be of service!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2022

SAVE YOUR MONEY! Bought 3 office lines for the annual price and Ring Central ended up selling one of the numbers I bought to another person. I had to report it as fraud and it took over 3 months for them to get me an answer while I was paying for the service. I only got a response after about 10 emails etc. once I included the CEO on the email. The fraud department never even responded to me over a span of 3 months. This started back in June of 2022 and I still don't have the service cancelled and my money refunded to me. RUN FROM THIS COMPANY!

Sean,

Please reach out to us. We were able to secure a refund. We've put our contact information in Private Response.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2022

We worked with RingCentral in terms of speed and getting set up. We liked the ease of having integration with our CRM. RingCentral service has impacted our business phenomenally. Customer service is super fast.

RingCentral response

Love to hear it, Arsen! Please keep us up to date on how things are going and if the Review Team can help!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2022

RingCentral seemed that they had the most to offer. Not necessarily the cheapest, but they had a good value. I was looking for a basic phone service. There are features here that I did not anticipate having. But they are nice features. It’s mostly answering calls. I tried transferring a call earlier today and it seems to work fine. So, I'm happy with that. A couple of people who have called commented that when they're on hold, they appreciate the music or while it's ringing.

RingCentral response

Robert, Great to hear! We're always here to help. Please don't hesitate to reach out to the Review Team if we can help! We'll share our contact info via Private Response.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2022

I have been a tough cookie to crack, but Wilma, my sales agent, stayed right in there. She called me whenever I told her when to call. She didn't let me fall off. I like her diligence and patience. She was very informative and always sweet. She walked me over. My onboarding guy, Joe, was the best. I got more of what I need with RingCentral. Today is the first day that I've jumped in and started making phone calls. I'm having a issue when I'm trying to call out on my phone but so far, so good.

RingCentral response
DeAngela, This is such great feedback. We're so grateful to hear from you.
If our team can help, please reach out. We've left our email vis Private Response.

We'll be sure to share the positive feedback about Wilma and Joe.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2022

It's been great with RingCentral. The young lady that helped me set it up was great.

RingCentral response

Tyronda, Thanks so much for sharing your experience!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

So far, the experience with RingCentral hasn't been entirely great. We were told that the text message thing was supposed to port over between 24 to 72 hours, but it still doesn't work. When we try to get text messages from customers, it says that it's a landline. We've been having some issues with that with customers. As for the phone quality, we've been having reports from people that it's hard to hear us in some instances. Other than those, the app is super cool. The app and internal messaging is good for our team. The voicemail service is nice.

RingCentral response

Josh, Thanks for sharing this feedback. We're sorry to hear you've experienced some challenges. We're glad to support you - please reach out to the Review Team directly. We've shared our email via Private Response.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2022

RingCentral is horrible. I was so disappointed in their people. They should employ some people in the United States that you can speak to because all of their people are in the Philippines, and all you can hear is this chit-chat in the background and dogs barking and you can hear all the background noise. It's horrible. Then they kind of talk in circles. They don't talk in full sentences. So, I was like, “Oh, my God, how did I get into this mess?” I tried to get them to port over a couple of phone numbers from AT&T to them because AT&T wanted to get rid of our old landlines, and I messed with them. I never got hooked up with them because they could not port it over. Some days I would get six or eight emails from them saying that they couldn't port over the numbers because the lines were disconnected. They weren't disconnected because they were still working here in my office. I called AT&T.

AT&T said that they have horrible problems with these people all the time. So, AT&T even went to bat for me and contacted them and said, “It's not going to happen, so can you give her her money back?" I was on the phone with either them or AT&T for about five hours a day for five days. I turned AT&T in to the FCC in order to get somebody's attention, and my threat to RingCentral was they were going to be next.

I finally said, “I give up. Just forget it. If you can't get it done, forget it. Just give me my money back.” I had paid for the service for a year because it was so inexpensive. I bought a phone from them. I told them, “I'll keep the phone, but I want my money back for the service because you haven't been able to hold up your end of the bargain.” They sent me a cancellation notice, but they didn't send the credit. So, every few days, I called. Finally, I turned them in to the credit card company, and so I got my credit. They credited me back while they investigate. I called RingCentral again on Friday and they said I should see a credit this week.

RingCentral response

Sorry to hear about your experience, Vickey. Please reach out to the Review Team and we'll be glad to assist. We've shared our contact information via Private Response.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

We were using the phone and fax with RingCentral but we canceled. It was not good. We were struggling to get voicemails and calls coming through. We had a lot of issues. We used it for a week and a half and switched back. They pretty much set it up, and then we were on our own. That was a little frustrating because we're a law office and we're not tech people. It's kind of like, "Okay, we need the phone to be ready to roll." There are issues with the phone. It was all coming through our computer at first. We were told our phones would integrate with it, and then they didn't, and then they did. So, that was a little bit frustrating at first. Then, calls weren't coming through. We missed a lot of calls. Then, we weren't able to transfer. Some phones weren't working.

I was very dissatisfied. We were warned not to change to RingCentral. We were told it is bad. My husband said, "No, I really want to try it." We called and we had emailed their customer service. Our phone was not working out. They said, "We can't get to you right now. You can call the 1800 and try to get somebody." It was very frustrating and it was a really bad experience.

RingCentral response

Sorry to hear about your experience, Shari. If we can assist with any closure on this, please reach out to the Review Team.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

The amenities that RingCentral has compared to what I was using are night and day. I decided to change because the brokerage that I work with put new rules and regulations that we have to record every phone call. The service also got a feature where I can do video conference. So far, it's been a wonderful experience with RingCentral. The customer service has been awesome.

RingCentral response
Derek, So excited to hear from you regarding your switch to RingCentral.

Stay in touch and let the Review Team know if there is anything we can do to assist! Onward and upward!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

I thought the experience was gonna be a bit more difficult than what it is, and it really is not. People are receptive to the call recording and we're good. We faxed from RingCentral to see how that aspect works, and it was a little slower than what we thought it should be, but it works just fine. Considering that it went from a phone to a fax machine, it was perfect. The only problem is I have the program on my computer, but I don't have the accessibility through my computer as of yet.

RingCentral response

Linda, Thanks for this feedback. We're so glad to hear that things are going well. For any additional challenges, please feel free to reach out to the Review Team directly. We'll send our email via Private Response. Keep us updated on how things are going!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2022

I switched over recently, so I haven't used RingCentral extensively, but so far, so good. Their implementation team spent an hour walking me through the setup. It was a very seamless transition, and their support and the customer service has been great. I like their interface better than my previous phone service too.

RingCentral response
Excellent to hear, Michael! We're so glad to have you with us.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if we can assist! Onward and upward!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2022

RingCentral has been terrible. I have been signed on for several weeks and haven't been able to use the service a single day because they can't seem to port my number in. I've spent at least five hours this week on the phone with them, and all they do is repeatedly repeat themselves even though I've sent screenshots from OnSIP showing that OnSIP has done everything that they're supposed to do for the transfer to go through. I threatened to cancel yesterday, then my account manager called and now they've been working on it.

RingCentral response

Crystal, sorry to hear about these challenges. The Review Team would like to help. Please reach out to us if we can facilitate. We'll leave our email via private response.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

Our numbers just got ported over today, but the whole setup, the process we went through the other day, I was very impressed with that person. Someone else got in touch with me yesterday, and they are now our rep. So far, I've been very pleased.

RingCentral response
Sandy, Great news! Thanks for sharing your feedback!

Let us know if we can help further!

Resolution response: Sept. 21, 2022

Company finally allowed me to cancel after several attempts on here and BBB.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

We signed a 2 year contract in 2018. This year nearly 5 years later, we changed our company CRM. It requires us to use a different service for our phones. We had RingCentral PORT OUR NUMBERS over to the other service. We then contacted RingCentral to cancel our subscription. They refuse to cancel us because they tell us we are auto renewed into ANOTHER 2 year contract every 2 years. We now have NO PHONE NUMBERS with them, but we are still being charged. Basically you can NEVER leave unless you cancel at exactly the right time (30 days before your contract ends). If you already signed a contract, DO NOT LET THEM AUTO RENEW YOU OR YOU CAN NEVER LEAVE!

RingCentral response

Brian, The Review Team would like to look into this matter. Please reach out to us via the email address we've sent via private response.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

I have been with Ring Central for a little over a year. I am a small business owner and I ignorantly choose this phone system. Throughout my time, support has been awful. I never get help, no one understands my questions, and my bill has increased rapidly. I called to terminate services as I can't get proper assistance and I was told they automatically renewed my contract for another year and I am unable to terminate without paying over $1000. I have called 3 times in the last 5 days just to be hung up on over and over again. They refuse to cancel my service, they refuse to allow me to speak with a supervisor. I am about ready to contact my lawyer and the Better Business Bureau. STAY AWAY!

RingCentral response

We're so sorry to hear about your experience. We'd like to help you out. Please reach out to the Review Team via email. We've provided our email in a private response.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

I did research on various VoIP services and decided RingCentral offered the best cost for value. I'm just getting off the ground right now, so as I'm setting things up and signing up for bank accounts and business licenses, I'm giving them to my marketing team to put out there. Working with RingCentral makes it easier to centralize my communications that way. RingCentral is very professional.

RingCentral response

We're so happy to hear about your experience. Thanks for taking the time to give us a review. We'd love to hear more if you would like to share. Feel free to reach out to the Review Team to tell us more. We've provided our email in a private response.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

We have not extensively started using RingCentral, but training sessions have been nice and the staff have been very supportive.

RingCentral response

Great to hear, James! Thanks for sharing this feedback. If the Review Team can help, please reach out to us. We'll share our contact via private response.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

We've had RingCentral turned on for a few months, but I'm still setting up the business. So now, we're just starting to get calls. So, we use it with PATLive. We have an answering service and we use their call forwarding to them. So, when my customers call in, they call our call center, and the staff uses it for interoffice communication. I'm happy with it.

RingCentral response

Music to our ears, Adam! Thanks for taking the time to share this feedback. Please reach out to the Review Team if you need any additional support!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

We've had some internet issues where we're staying right now, but that's temporary. There has been a bit of WiFi trouble that have caused a couple of problems. But so far, so good.

RingCentral response

Buzz, Thank you for sharing this feedback! Let the Review Team know if we can be of assistance. We'll share our contact information via private response.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

I'm using RingCentral for phone calls and text messages. I found out the hard way that it’s limited to 20 texts a month before I get charged another $24, and I was unaware of that so I'm no longer going to be using texting. It would be nice to be informed about the limited text messages before receiving a bill for going over the allotted text messages. They said that there were calls and texts for the Essentials package, and that's what I have, which was 19.99 a month. I paid for a year upfront. Then last week, I received another bill for $24, and I called inquiring about it, and then I was informed that there's a cap on text messages per month.

RingCentral response
Evan, Sorry to hear this. RingCentral changed our SMS pricing in response to demands from the FCC to crack down on fraudulent/spam text messages.
We send out communications when changes like this take place.
We've enclosed, via private response, a Knowledge Base article with details about the change.

Please feel free to reach out to us with any additional questions.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

We got the 1-800 number through them. It's putting us on the map as far as being able to be googled.

RingCentral response

This is great news, Robert! Best wishes for much growth for your business!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

I had a Google Voice number for my business and it wasn't working very well at all. So I ported my number over from Google Voice and RingCentral took care of it really well so I can have my calls forwarded to my answering service at a given time. I've been pretty pleased. The girl who helped me through this and set up everything took a lot of time. She was really good.

RingCentral response

We’re so happy to hear about your experience. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We’d love to continue the conversation and hear more, reach out to the Review Team via email. We've provided our email in a private response.

RingCentral Company Information