4.0/5 (132 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Taylor Sansano
Edited by Cassidy McCants

About RingCentral

RingCentral offers an intuitive platform for voice, video meetings, team messaging and collaboration. From click-to-dial functionality to one-click video conferencing, everyone on your plan can readily access the same digital tools through a single, easy-to-use platform that works across office sites and mobile devices. Setup, deployment, and adoption is also easy, and IT can manage it all from anywhere. RingCentral supports all types of businesses, with plans built to each company’s size and needs. The plans can get expensive for large businesses, but the company promises no hidden fees.

Pros

• Four customizable plans
  • All-in one communications solution
  • 24/7 staff support and extensive resources
  • No hidden fees

Cons

• Not yet available in all countries
  • Might require contract

Bottom Line

RingCentral moves beyond a traditional VoIP service by providing one platform for voice, video meetings, a contact center and team messaging and collaboration. There are several plan options and price points available with no hidden fees.

RingCentral Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RingCentral?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RingCentral?

Original review: July 21, 2022

I used RingCentral for several years, and I love it. It's super simple and easy. I signed up again and I have all the great features. It's a great platform. They should keep up the good job with their updates and incentives.

RingCentral response

Bernadette, thanks so much for the review. We're so glad to hear about your experience. If you'd like to tell us more about your experience, feel free to reach out to the Review Team. We've provided our email in a private response.

Original review: July 20, 2022

So far service has been good. The phones were very easy to set up and the training went well. Everything seems to be working.

RingCentral response

Patrick, thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review. We'd love to hear more if you would like to share. Feel free to reach out to the Review Team to tell us more. We've provided our email in a private response.

Original review: July 20, 2022

RingCentral's tech support is much better than Vonage's. Also, there are a few features that we use that we couldn't do with Vonage. We are starting to get familiar with Ring Central and there are lots of features that are quick and and not complicated. The settings are very easy to access and make changes.

RingCentral response

Jackie, thank you so much for your review. We're so glad to hear about your experience. We'd love to hear more if you would like to share. Reach out to the Review Team to tell us more! We've provided our email in a private response.

Original review: July 19, 2022

I like the features like the call forwarding, caller ID display and how we can transfer the calls. It's a good price and I got a discount which is one month free. RingCentral's customer care service is good. The guy who was on the phone helped me out very well. I also talked to the few people and they were very helpful. Calling the number was a little bit confusing but maybe I was dialing the wrong number.

RingCentral response

Mohit, thank you so much for your review. We're so glad to hear about your positive experience. We'd love to hear more if you would like to share. Feel free to reach out to the Review Team to tell us more. We've provided our email in a private response.

Original review: July 1, 2022

I ordered service from them had to pay shipping. I am still waiting on the unit. Rep offered me a month free also discount. Thank you. Only prob is was more than one rep dealing with me and emailing me. I asked my rep to remove me from others contacting me.

RingCentral response

Rodney, thank you so much for your review. If any issues should arise, reach out to the Review Team. We've sent our email in a private response.

Original review: June 22, 2022

We use RingCentral for phone calls, video calls, text messages and faxes. It's been great because during the pandemic, there was not a lot of face to face contact. Having the ability to have video conferencing worked great. My end users reach out to me for any kind of issues and if it's something that I have to go to RingCentral for help, they have always been helpful. They've been able to knock out any kind of issues we've had on the first call.

RingCentral response

Israel, thanks so much for your review. We're so happy that you're having a positive experience. Feel free to reach out to the Community Support Team if you experience any issues. We've provided the email in a private response.

Original review: June 9, 2022

We are a recruiting company. So, it's easier for us, the system. We do conference calls with it. Occasionally, we would have staticky calls, and would have to call back and disconnect, and re-call. But it was nice during COVID, because we were already set up with RingCentral. So, it enabled us to be able to work from home. Also, we don't have to use phones. Financially, as far as buying phones.

RingCentral response
Thanks so much for this feedback, Latonya!

Appreciate hearing from you!

Original review: May 28, 2022

RingCentral has been able to solve any kind of technical issue quickly anytime I've had one. We use the fax and the messaging. It's easy to have the phone where you can either have it at your desk office or put the app on your smartphone. We don't make a whole lot of use the video aspect of it but we use everything else. RingCentral helped our productivity. You don't have to get up and go to a fax machine. It saves time. About a week ago, I contacted the technical department and I didn't have any issues as far as getting help. RingCentral is a good company.

RingCentral response
Chris, Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience.

We're grateful to you and encourage you to reach out if we can assist!

Original review: May 27, 2022

RingCentral runs perfectly well. This is my first time to use them and so far, so good. It's easy to use because aside from my laptop, I can use it on my phone. I can download the application. So, even though I'm not on my desk, I'm still able to receive calls through RingCentral through my phone. We manage a lot of properties and we use RingCentral. Even the managers don't have complaints with RingCentral. So partnering with RingCentral is good. They provide an excellent service and I will highly recommend them.

Great to hear, Judy!

So wonderful to hear from you! Thank you!

Original review: May 26, 2022

RingCentral has been utilized for most of our office and desk phones for scheduling appointments. The most important thing is getting text messages, voicemails, and automated messages. I just think it's expensive and sometimes, it's a little bit complicated to set up.

RingCentral response

Sabin, Appreciate you sharing your experience. We're always working to improve. If you have additional feedback that we can assist with, please reach out to the Review Team. We'll share our contact via private response.

Original review: May 25, 2022

RingCentral works nicely. It was my first time ever using it. I usually use the Microsoft Teams or the Zoom calls. It does the job. The only thing is, sometimes the links will cross if you create a series. And if you update, sometimes the links cross a bit, which can cause confusion. But it's more so how we communicate it. Because we do everything via email. And if someone gets the wrong email or the old one, we'll select that one instead of using the updated link. I had spoken with customer service before and they're amazing. They work closely and are very good with communicating, same thing with IT. So, overall a good experience.

Great to hear, Cely!

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave this review.

Original review: May 17, 2022

Have been using RC for several years now. The initial cutover was complex but was completed successfully. Technical Support was a phone call away although seldom needed, however as of late the technical support and dramatically decreased in quality. Several phones are not connecting to the network DHCP server while others connect correctly. Removing the phone and connecting a laptop all connections to the DHCP server have been verified. RingCentral Technical Support ... "I'll send you an email." If you have no technical knowledge they will kick the ball down the road until you are ready to rip the hair out of your head. If you have technical/network experience it is difficult to reach anyone not reading from a queue card.

RingCentral response

Jack, we're so sorry to hear about the issues you've been experiencing. Please reach out we'd love to help. We'll be sending you the Review Team in a private response.

Original review: May 17, 2022

It's a good service. I like their phone app. It’s really clean. It has nothing that will confuse you. But I don't like the SMS feature that I have to pay for. But they were telling me that that's something that will be regulated more and more by the carrier.

RingCentral response

German, Thanks so much for your review. We're so glad you like the phone app, we do too!

Original review: May 6, 2022

These people overseas are not doing what they’re supposed to do. They’re trying to be nice. But they’re not effective. They’re not getting things done. I’m very frustrated. And can’t seem to get my numbers taken care of. So, I'm not happy. RingCentral keeps putting me back to these implementation people. Implementation says, “Nope, we can't do it. You got to speak to your account rep.” Account rep sent me an email, “Nope. I don’t know what they’re talking about. You need to speak to them. They can handle it.” I’m stuck. I'd like to deal with people in the United States, not overseas. I’ve lost clients because I’ve stayed on the phone with them. It’s very upsetting. I can’t stand it. I’ve wasted enough time with RingCentral.

RingCentral response

Lisa, we're so sorry to hear about your experience. We'd love to help. We'll be sending you the Review Team Email, please reach out!

Original review: May 2, 2022

They have back-office systems like texting and phone service. They also have the ability to call in with the numbering, you can push one or two or three, and the easy set up on the internet. They have an app as well as a computer so I can take calls, VoIP calls, and it's easy to use. The step is easy to use as well.

RingCentral response

Robert, thanks so much for your review. If anything bubbles up feel free to reach out. We've provided the Review Team email in a private response.

Original review: April 28, 2022

Working with their reps has been good so far but we are still a work in progress.

RingCentral response

Somaya, thank you for your review. We're so glad you're having a positive experience.

Original review: April 27, 2022

I was referred to RingCentral by my friends who use it. One of my new employees used to work for another company who used RingCentral. And he told me that it's much better than our current phone system, and I decided to switch. RingCentral is very convenient. It was easy to set up. Also, I can use it on my mobile, desktop, and on a regular phone. They have any feature that I was thinking of and many more that I don't need. It's great, overall. I use my phone quickly. Everything was good.

RingCentral response

We're so happy to hear about your positive experience Sandzhar. Thanks for your review!

Original review: April 26, 2022

I like everything about RingCentral. It helps organize the flow of calls coming in.

RingCentral response

Jermaine, thanks so much for your review. We're so glad you like the flow of calls coming in!

Original review: April 25, 2022

RingCentral is mediocre at this point. Some good, and some bad. I was finally able to get to a person, which was good. But everyone does the, “We’ll let our computer try to figure out what you want. And see if that works." And when it doesn't work, it's frustrating. It was a bit confusing until I got to the onboarding person. She was great. Because I was transferred from another service to RingCentral, I had to arrange to grab my old number before Vonage shut it down. I wanted to get it done before my previous service ended. So, I was anxious to get started quickly. And I knew it takes time. I use my cell phone all the time. I can attach RingCentral to show up on an app on my cell phone.

RingCentral response

John, thanks so much for your input. We're glad you got your phone numbers together during your switchover. We'll be sending you the Review Team Email if something bubbles up and you need further assistance.

Original review: April 24, 2022

The salesguy that I spoke with did a good job. He stayed in touch. It took us two months. We were waiting on funding and just a long process to get there. And he would check in each week, just like we asked him. And when we were ready to go, he put it all together, and got it done. He was friendly and knowledgeable of what he is selling. The more savvy I get with the calling app, the better it will all operate. But the services worked great. RingCentral got us our phone numbers and tracking numbers. So we are about to go live.

RingCentral response

Braden,the more you use the app, the more you learn. You can even check out your MyRingCentral for personalized tutorials and courses to go along with your RingCentral Account! We're so glad you've had a positive experience!

Original review: April 23, 2022

It's been pretty good so far. I like having several numbers that ring to my receptionist, that way I can check my marketing and see what's working and what's not.

RingCentral response

Brian! Great to hear! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience!

Original review: April 22, 2022

RingCentral is great about follow-ups. Also, the platform itself has been good. The platform itself has been good. All VOIPs have issues because you're running through the internet versus a less standard landline. No worse than any of the others that I’ve used. And their customer service more than makes up for it. It’s nice to be able to have the phone tree to split off. And I like the texting features. I’d recommend RingCentral.

RingCentral response

Megan, thanks so much for the review. We love to hear about your positive experience.

Original review: April 21, 2022

I'm not happy because I've called RingCentral at least five times for an issue. Because I used to use RingCentral in a different law firm, which is why we got it here. And it's mainly just for the faxing. For some reason, when you do the fax cover sheet, when you have to pick fax, and you type in the phone number, it doesn’t give you a place to put the person’s name that it’s going to. I’ve already spent hours on the phone in the last week. But nobody could give me an answer. I asked for a supervisor. I was on hold for an hour yesterday. They said they would call me back in 20 minutes. Eventually, somebody called me back a couple of hours later and I re-explained the whole thing. She didn’t know what I was talking about. And I had to do this all over.

I said, “I just went through this whole thing, it’s really simple. Where do you put the To name?” Because when I had it in my old firm, it was a little app on my desktop. I click the thing, and I can type the person’s name, the phone number and everything else. And that makes the cover sheet. But that’s not happening here. And nobody can tell me, “We’re working on it.” That’s the latest yesterday. “I’ll put it in for development.” But it was here before. So how come it’s not here now? They tell me it’s a new app. And I said, “But if it’s supposed to be better, why is it not?" I’m confused. So, I’m not happy about it, because I don’t have the time to sit on the phone.

RingCentral response

Jackie, Sorry to hear about these challenges. Please reach out to the Review Team directly and we'll be glad to assist. We've sent our email address via private response.

Resolution response: April 18, 2022

Hello, I wish to withdraw my complaint. I was contacted by RingCentral and they resolved the issue to my satisfaction. Thank you.

-Paul **

Original review: April 15, 2022

So I know what RingCentral is going to say. When I started a new business a year and a half ago I somehow didn't read the fine print in the contract, that I was signing a three-year, shackled, obligation to remain with them without cancellation... However, as happens from time to time, the business didn't work out the way I intended and I obviously wanted to spare myself the bleeding, so I contacted customer service to cancel. Upon doing so, I was told about early termination blah blah blah and then the number $730 to cancel... Otherwise, I am under contract for another year and a half, wow!

Even after explaining twice the reason for the cancellation, there was still nothing they could do. Upon being transferred to a supervisor, I was on hold for a very extensive time before throwing my hands in the air and giving up (which is apparently what they want you to do). Even if this is somehow legal for a company to do this, it certainly is unethical. Word to the wise, stay away!

RingCentral response

So sorry about this, Paul. We'll reach out to the Customer Experience Team and identify if there is a solution.

Thanks for updating your rating, Paul!

Glad we were able to turn around the issue and lend a hand.

Original review: April 15, 2022

RingCentral's services are kind of exactly what I was hoping for because we just had another service that we had been using and I had had calls drop and the interface online and the customer service were lacking. So, I needed to switch and everything's been great so far. We hold this phone number just to ourselves so we don't give out our personal cellphones as our business line because we don't have an office as an organization. So, we need a consistent phone number to pass on from one director to the next. It's a pretty simple thing that we use the service for. With the previous provider, we weren't even getting the very few calls that do come in. I wasn't hearing them and they weren't forwarded on to me. RingCentral came in a little bit more expensive than they were, but I was willing to pay that. It comes down to about 12 bucks a month extra but for me, it was worthwhile to have a service that works and is not a pain to operate.

RingCentral response

Pedro, Great to hear your feedback! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. If the Review Team can do anything to assist, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Original review: April 10, 2022

We've had nothing but issues with Ring Central. We had called several times. The way that things are set up, things flip-flopped a different way. There were times when the mainline only rings on one phone. We have three physical phones in this office. One of them, we do not have rings during the day because it’s our chief medical officer. We have it to where when you dial the main number, it rings for both my extension, which is 102 and another extension, which is 101. But it will only ring on 102 or it will only ring on 101 and that would be during business hours.

I’d speak to somebody in customer service. They'd say, “We can't find any settings that would show why that's happening.” We'd spend 45 minutes to an hour on the phone. The next day, it would back to the same thing where the phone’s not ringing in somebody’s office. It's all too complicated. But the customer service people that we spoke to were knowledgeable about their system and we have learned some different things.

But we’re having voicemails that are being left and we're missing calls. We're a home health agency. We lost about a $50,000 contract earlier this week because our phone never rang. It ended up leaving a voicemail box with the lady saying she left it in the general voicemail box, that only went to extension 102’s voicemail, but didn’t send any kind of an email or a text message. That could have been our first big break. We lost it because we didn’t get the voicemail until three hours later. She was like, “These other guys don’t want to talk to me,” when the whole morning, I was sitting there staring at the phone, waiting for this lady to call me back.

RingCentral response

Greg, Sorry to hear this. The Review Team would like to help. Please reach out to us directly via the message we'll send via private response.

Original review: April 9, 2022

The desktop app works well but I came across some problems with the Chrome extension. The last time, it stopped working. I tried signing out and signing in again and that worked. I also have to quit on my computer. Before, it used to be on one of them. When I resigned in, it starts showing on both of the screens, which is uncomfortable for me. Recently, the Chrome extension stopped again. Before stopping, it worked very slowly. Someone suggested to me to delete and install it again. I did it and it worked. Three or four days ago, I deleted it again and I didn't have time to install it back.

The good thing with the Chrome extension is I don't need to copy the phone numbers on the website to the desktop application. The extension identifies the number on the website and calls it itself. That's what I need. Right now, I'm using the desktop application. On the website, I'm copying the phone numbers and pasting them on the application, which wastes my time a little. If RingCentral works on the extension and improves it, that will be perfect. RingCentral is helping a lot because we need to work on the desktop. So far, so good except for the Chrome extension. I already recommend RingCentral to my buddy. They're GoTo application. I tried this one but I didn't like it. RingCentral, on the other hand, is working.

RingCentral response

Thanks for this feedback, Alex! We're always working to improve and are happy to assist! Please reach out to us via the email we'll share in a private response.

Original review: April 8, 2022

We've been using our cell phones and we've missed some business that way. I decided to try to find a central number that would ring to our cellphones. It was like having a receptionist without having a receptionist. We did RingCentral. Setting it up was relatively easy once they understood what we needed. We're playing with the system and learning, and seeing how we're going to use it.

RingCentral response

Bill, Thanks for sharing your experience and this feedback. Our teams are always available to help. Please reach out to the Review Team directly via the email we'll share in the private response.

Original review: April 1, 2022

Every department that I spoke to at RingCentral, from the setup department explaining everything to me to the billing department and the person who helped me set up the account, went above and beyond. They were very polite and informative. No question was a dumb question. I asked a question over and over and they explained to me until I was able to understand. My rep who set up the account for me reaches out to me and asks me if everything's working out, and I can always give her a call or email her. Everything works and I like it. At least I'm able to tell where people are calling because I have a different number. It has helped because it gives proper business structure. The only thing is I have one number, but it's only one extension. If they can at least add another one or two extensions in the same package, that'd be cool. Also, the faxing is automatically generated with the business information, but I need to know how to edit.

RingCentral response

Ashley, we're so happy to hear about your experience with us! No question is ever a dumb question when it comes to RingCentral. If the review team can help you with the latter issues, reach out and we'll be happy to help. We'll send the email address in a private response.

Original review: March 31, 2022

So far, RingCentral's service has been good. We really needed a phone service for us to do the calls, and we're satisfied with that. There are just a few things though. There has been a charge of like $23 for the calling credits package. I was able to deal with Vicky about this matter and she said she is going to process a refund. I called support yesterday to cancel my text messaging so I won't be charged anymore, but I haven't gotten any confirmation with the refund yet. Vicky said it would reflect within 24 to 48 hours. I hope there's some kind of email notification about the refund, too.

RingCentral response
Vinnell, Thanks for sharing your feedback.

Glad you're getting what you need.

In the meantime, we'll share contact info for the Review Team via Private Response. Please reach out to us if you run into any troubles with your refund.

RingCentral Company Information