1.23/5

Looking for a good VoIP provider?

RingCentral

RingCentral is a cloud-based global telephone system for all types of businesses. With RingCentral, moving your business phone system to the cloud is easy & straightforward. Our cloud platform allows for easy to access to secure voice, fax, text, audio conferencing, and online meetings. No matter how many office locations you have, our team of experts at RingCentral are ready to set everything up for you and allow for a smooth transition. Contact us today.

Looking for a good VoIP provider?

202 RingCentral Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 1, 2019

I do NOT recommend RingCentral, TERRIBLE SERVICE! I have been a customer for way too long (9+ years) and the minimum time to resolve an issue by phone is usually 30+ minutes. Worse yet, I have to call too often. Many calls are 1+ hours. Many times the service rep seems to have very limited knowledge and seems to be fumbling through resources seeking a solution. These representatives frequently have a language barrier even though we are speaking English. I have asked for a supervisor to call me back and sometimes I do not get that (or if they do it gets lost in the frequent acct rep switch calls). The reps often do not understand or don't pay attention to my issue, even when they repeat the request back to me. Today's issue was 62 min {case# **}.

RingCentral response

K.B., we're really sorry to hear that you've had this experience. We'd like to help if we can. We'll send you a private response.

Original review: June 26, 2019

The company has lost its way. Back in 2013, they provided the best user interface with excellent customer support. Now, I can't say either impresses me. They seem consumed with adding useless features. Their customer service is awful. Moreover, they don't appear to understand how to cancel an account. Fifteen minutes into my cancellation call the representative still won't fulfill my request. She keeps putting me on hold and trying to convince me to stay. Stay away.

Michael,

This sounds very frustrating and if we can help, please reach out to us!

Original review: June 25, 2019

Our company is attempting to leave RingCentral, for the same reason as so many others, dysfunctional product and terrible customer service. Yet all of our interactions with them pale in comparison to the nightmare of trying to leave this service. The new telecom we've contracted has been attempting to port our numbers over for two weeks. They've been rejected 3 times (the first rejection didn't come until one week after the first request). On our cut date I started to call because they were not responding to calls or emails from the new telecom, here's where the fun starts!

The number porting department, good luck getting them, they seem to be open only a few hours a day on pacific time. When you actually speak to someone in this department they put you on hold for long periods of time to speak to the number porting department, what!?! Then claim that the number porting department has no control over porting because your number is actually owned by another company. This companies name is Rclec. Internet informs me during the many long holds that Rclec is a subsidiary of RingCentral, is housed in the same business as RingCentral, and the employees of Rclec have RingCentral email addresses - yet no one at RingCentral will admit this is the case.

So I call a number from Rclec's website for Level 4 support and am told that I should not be contacting them, only the new telecom, who they haven't heard anything from. Meanwhile I'm sitting with the new telecom, who has shown me their history of communication with this company. So I mention this and suddenly they not only know about the communication, but know the name of the person who has been contacting them. Promptly the blame is all diverted to our new telecom, and I'm told the problem won't be dealt with today because it is after 2 p.m. (it was actually noon pacific time???). Another 5 days have passed since that contact, our LSR has been rejected again, and we've been billed for another month of service.

If it's this much fun to have numbers released I can't wait for the joy that awaits me when I actually cancel the service! Avoid doing business with this company. I received quotes from many other Voip companies and they are all very comparable to RingCentral in price, have actual customer service, and won't sell you ancient phones and spotty service.

RingCentral response

Angela, We're really sorry to hear about this frustrating experience and we'd like to help if we can. Please reach out to us.

Original review: June 20, 2019

I have had RingCentral about 2 years. I originally had all portal phones. After 2 years, they all stopped working. I decided to buy 2 desktops and 1 portal to replace the phones I previously had. I did not add anything, just replaced. I asked specifically if my bill would change at all, and was told it would not. I got the new phones and I had one time increase that showed the new phones. After the 2nd and 3rd bill, it showed I was being charged an additional $44 for a second digital line. I talked to support and they went through the bill with me but did not really explain why it resulted in an additional digital line. Again, I did not change my plan, or my service. I simply replaced phones that did not work with new phones.

I have one extension that goes to another portable that no longer works either and that line is forwarded to my husbands cell phone. When I asked if I could delete that line, my rep told me I would be charged an early termination fee because I was in contract. I stated I was not asking to drop my service. Just a line on the service and asked to verify that I would be charged an early termination fee. She said yes it would be charged to me. This company has no ability to even explain a charge to me. They just arbitrarily add fees and cannot explain why. I think the service is ok, works well most times, but the overall experience is just too frustrating for me. Going to start shopping and when my contract is 30 days from expiring, I hope to be ready to change to a better company.

RingCentral response
      Michelle, this sounds frustrating! We'd like to help if we can!

Please reach out to us and we'll see if we can't get someone to explain.

Your feedback is important to us and we hope to hear from you soon.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I send a fax when I need to, typically email is the way to go these days. Every once in a while, a fax is required. I recently changed jobs and have no access to fax machine. So I couldn't remember which online service offered free faxes. RingCentral came up near the top of the list. Well, I have moved overseas, the fax was to be sent to my bank in the U.S. requesting a wire transfer (the require this) so you can see where this is headed. SO I tried to sign in and send a fax. RingCentral could not "verify" my US number. I'm not sure how they verify, but ok. I stopped at that point in creating my account, without having attempted sending a fax. I closed the page and found another service and sent my one fax for $1.99. Free would be good, but I'm not complaining.

Then the phone calls started. To my "unverified" number. I received 3 calls and at least one voice message (+1 without a message left). I ignored this. The next day I received two more, and one email. I replied to the email, and called the number back and left a voice message to stop calling me please. Likewise the email said something similar, and if they don't I will have to complain formally.

Then 24 hours pass. Then the emails and calls started again. I want to point out the calls are all different so if you block a number, they keep changing numbers (this is otherwise known as "spoofing"...very shady) and all the emails I get are from different people from within the company. If you tell one person, they probably don't communicate (recall I asked twice to stop) with each other, very shady.

I am now 48 hours call and email free (fingers crossed) but I never completed my account... I moved on, and that just isn't ok with companies like this. The worst ever was University of Texas, I wanted to view a webpage about a graduate program and it prompts for phone number to continue. They called for the next 4 years, 2 years into my graduate degree at another school. I don't want to repeat that.

RingCentral response
      John, Sorry to hear about your difficult experience.
      Although you've moved to another provider, we take your feedback seriously.

If you have further feedback or we can provide additional assistance, please reach out to us

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RingCentral?

Original review: June 6, 2019

We have use this company for our company phones and faxes for the last three years. The customer service is atrocious. Tech-support is absolutely no help. Any issues that arise as our customer representatives account manager was no help and so rude. Never in my life have I ever used a company as bad as them. I would not recommend them to anyone. I would never use them again if they were the last company on earth. Everyone that works there are complete idiots. They charge what they want. Change your bill. Automatically take money out and then they have no reason for it. They try to talk their way around lines they add one more. Don’t ask for them or ask them to take the lien off. Don’t want to refund any money. Want to keep charging you. When you call about the statement there’s no explanation except that you’re going to pay it.

RingCentral response
      We're disappointed to hear about your experience and would like to help if we can.

Please reach out to us and we'll do our best to address your concerns. Your feedback is important to us - we hope to hear from you.

Original review: May 31, 2019

The company I work for uses RingCentral's VoIP service for our phones and the service has been lackluster, to begin with, but god forbid something goes wrong because their customer service is run by donuts. We rely on this service for our customer phone number (huge mistake) and we have been out all week with absolutely zero help from RingCentral. I have called them every day of the week and spent hours on hold all for band-aid fixes by people who couldn't tell you what the company does apart from whatever scripts they're fed. I'm sure the individuals working there are fine people but their management and quality control is just embarrassing. Anything that you need help with will lead to a rabbit hole of referring you to other representatives. No matter how much you think you need their service, do not use it. Hire some computer nerd on the internet for $50 and I guarantee you will be more satisfied.

RingCentral response
      This sounds frustrating and we'd like to help. Can you or your company Admin reach out to us?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Original review: May 18, 2019

After 10 years of being ripped off by RingCentral, I'm done. Customer service never answers, they auto-bill the hell out of you for services never agreed to, constantly changing plan costs, passing you around to different departments, horrible company. One more thing - you have to call to cancel, and that department is never, ever open to take calls.

RingCentral response
      Nathan, we're sorry to lose a long time customer. We're eager to connect with you to hear you and make it right or receive your valuable feedback so we can be better.

We are appreciative of your insight and encourage you to contact us.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I don't want to start with the history of the dinosaurs. We were with RingCentral for about 3 1/2 years and our experience with technical support was excellent. A few months ago the problems began. Missed calls, calls dropped, phones suddenly off-line, and the list goes on. I must've spent over 100 hours trying to have RingCentral fix the problem. They couldn't and every time one of their technicians fixed one problem it caused another. Finally they said it must be a hardware issue and we would need to buy new phones. I knew that wouldn't work and it didn't solve the problem.

The last technician said I need to call all the phone providers of customers who were having trouble getting through. They wouldn't give us a refund on the phones. We changed providers and couldn't be happier. Stay away from this company. RingCentral will no longer be with us by year end. Reading the reviews, it appears the problems began around the same time ours did and similar tech response. Horrible technicians who have no clue. I'm surprised they know how to dial a phone.

RingCentral response
      Thanks for your feedback, Rex. We're really sorry that we weren't able to resolve your issues.

If you'd like to share more about your experience, we'd love to hear your thoughts. Please reach out to us.

Original review: May 9, 2019

I have never had such a horrible service from a company representative. The name of so called Senior Account Manager is Liam. If he were working under my company I'd probably fire him and the person who hired him simply because of his inability to speak English and ignorance of customer service 101 and talking extremely rudely to a customer. When you piss off a customer by providing horrible service and using an unprofessional rendition and attitude, you do not deserve to be a senior account manager.

I called to add a line to our account that already has quite a few lines in it. In the past, I had managed and administered addition of these accounts. From beginning to the end, it used to take an hour or less. This guy not only falsely claims that I am not authorized to make changes to add a line but he says that after charging our company through me. If I am not authorized to add line, how can you manipulate me to charge me for a whole year of account service and then tell me somebody else will call me to finalize the process. That is total **. I have never gotten so pissed off in my life and used so many words on a call. Whoever hired this guy must be fired!

RingCentral Company Information