RingCentral

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I have used RingCentral for years now and have not once had an issue with sending or receiving faxes. Getting set up was easy and quick, and service has been flawless since. I've used customer service once and they were timely and helpful.

Good luck trying to get clarity on contracts, renewal dates or trying to cancel your service. The WORST experience ever. Service was spotty and failed frequently, but when it worked it was mostly OK. Stupid web-based "control panel" uses flash, so you have to find an old browser and install flash just to do things like record your voicemail greeting.

Ring central is my fax choice. I run a small tax and Financial Planning business and I appreciate the efficient and reasonable price for the very few faxes I send and receive each year. Online is a fabulous way to fill in the need to have an alternative way to communicate and document share for me and my clients. I tossed the old clunky fax machine. Now I have a sleek way to send/receive information. The app is great too. And I get an email that there is a fax waiting for me. Thanks RingCentral for servicing this small client.

It's important that I be able to rely on tools for work. Whether it's an available binder, medical info, cell phone or fax machine, in the health care business, it needs to work, when I need it to. RingCentral does just that. Whether I need to receive or send information, it happens - all the time.

I have found RingCentral to be efficient and have been happy with their service and what they offer to the customer. I run a small business and this seems to fit my needs for a fax program quite nicely. I would recommend it to others.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RingCentral?

Great service, however beware, horrible customer service and all calls and support come from overseas! Can't understand what they are saying and they never follow up with your needs. Do not use RingCentral! Will make you extremely frustrated. Such a shame, service is good.

Their service doesn't always work and they can't seem to figure out why. I have spent numerous hours with their customer service team (multiple people) and they can't figure out why it doesn't work. I have lost clients and business due to their poor service. Sometimes my phone will work and sometimes it won't. Other times I am talking to clients and it just cuts off in middle of the conversations. I try to make phone calls, sometimes it will ring through and the person answering can't hear me but I can't hear them. Sometimes it won't ring through at all. Sometimes I get phone calls and I can't answer the call. Sometimes when I try to hang up my phone I can't hang up the call. I have to turn off my cell phone. Other times it works perfectly. There are times my phone gets so hot I can't put it to my face to talk on it. If I take their app off the phone the phone doesn't get hot. These are just the issues related to the app on my cell phone.

Now let's discuss the desktop app. This app isn't any better. I have purchased two headsets. The first one worked for about a month and half. Then right in the middle of the first month of tax season, it quit working. I am a CPA, so this was not good. So this is when the whole customer service problems started. I explained the issues and they said I needed to purchase a Plantronics headset. They even told me which one. Which I immediately purchased. It worked for 3 weeks on the desk app somewhat. During this time, I called 3 times because there were issues. So many I have lost track of all of them. Some had to do with the fact, that clients called and left messages and I didn't get the messages.

Here to find out one of their customer service tech set up a new extension and never got my permission. I didn't even have the password to access this extension. I knew nothing about it until I called to report I wasn't getting my messages and couldn't find them. Clients were emailing upset that I wasn't getting back to them. Then the customers service tech when I called in tried to blame me for the new extension that I knew nothing about and didn't know the password to. But he did eventually help get to these messages.

Well I now had 4 extensions even though I only needed 2, one for myself and 1 for my email. Yet I had to log into 3 for myself and to check 3 throughout the day for messages and voicemail. It took another call to another service tech to final get this mess fixed and it still is not completely fixed, because at times messages come up missing. I have never gotten the headsets to work and have given up on the desktop app. I have wasted more time than I care to calculate on this system.

Yet it is my fault this is happening per their customer service people. Also, one customer service rep said they would refund my money and then I got a call saying they would not be canceling my service and would not be refunding my money. I had only requested the money for the service I was not going to be using not the past months. Which I felt was more than fair since in the past their service hadn't worked but for half the time, and that is being generous.

Oh, I yeah forgot to mention the service work for the first 30 days, which in their contract is the only time you have to cancel if you are not happy with their service. If after the first 30 days you have problems with their service you are just out of luck. They have your money and there is nothing you can do per their contract. By the way this is the first time I have ever felt the need to write such a negative review. Usually I try to understand things from all sides but this company isn't willing to work with their customers at all. In fact they even go so far as to treat them as though they are stupid.

RingCentral is reliable, convenient and affordable! We enjoy getting notifications on our phones rather than having to "check the fax machine". Having the ability to look back on previous faxes or print them a second time without searching through stacks of paperwork saves time and makes our work more efficient. RingCentral has been a positive change for our office! So far, we have not had a reason to contact Customer Service and that's a good thing!

RingCentral has been a great service and wonderful resource for our practice, and I would highly recommend it to anyone trying to streamline communication, meetings, and resources both internally and externally for their business!

I switched to Ring Central years ago as I saw how easy it was to setup IP phones and ditch our regular land lines. I also liked having the cloud PBX so I would not have to maintain one onsite. The service works great and they always have new features being released constantly. The possibilities are endless. The service has really become a central part of our company's communications. With a great technical support team to back it all up, I would highly recommend this solution to any business!

We've always had great service with RingCentral. The features are great and the service is impeccable. I love being able to change things around online, and the mobile app is wonderful. Great service for your money! I would recommend anytime to anyone.

When we were looking for a new Cloud based system to replace our traditional PBX, I signed up for several different services for a couple of months so I could go through the configuration and try to setup to follow the work flow that we wanted for our company. Several of the competitors just couldn't be setup for what we wanted. We wanted all calls to go to a queue so that our office manager could answer live all calls. We wanted the caller to have an option to leave a message if they did not want to wait for our office manager to answer their call if the queue was busy due to high calls. In addition, the logic of setting up users, work stations, etc. was just more straightforward than the others. We are a happy customer!

Frontier had accidentally swapped my Ring Central main number. It was done by error but my phones were completely down. After many escalations, Bo contacted me stating indeed it had been taken. I was able to contact my Acct Rep from Frontier. They spoke and the next day I was able to get my service up and running. When speaking to Bo, he was always great in responding back and returning my phone calls and keeping me updated. Great customer service. A very professional, knowledgeable person.

While high speed internet services continue to change and improve, we were drawn to RingCentral at a time when upload speeds were at a premium. Even today you can get high download, but restricted upload speeds, and the higher speeds are much more costly. We researched how much bandwidth was necessary to operate a phone on RingCentral network versus several other of the major brands and found their system to consume far less bandwidth than the competitors. This enables us to run our phones and computers at a much lower cost point than other systems without incurring voice breakdown. Since moving to RingCentral, we have not had any service related problems relative to the upload demand by each of our phones.

Further, when we do experience problems, reaching out to RingCentral has been a breeze, and calls are answered promptly, and the correct technician has addressed each of our problems, resulting in prompt corrections and quick return to service. We are not considering changing providers despite the cable companies coming into the marketplace. We are very pleased with RingCentral quality and service.

Best fax online service. I absolutely love RingCentral online fax. It is very easy to use and never fails me! I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for an easy way to send faxes without a fax machine.

The RingCentral phone system is excellent. We have encountered very few problems since we switched over 3 years ago, except once our account rep didn't call us back after we reached out to them for help. Another thing we didn't like was the significant price increase after the first year unless we signed a contract. We did sign the contract but now the onus is on us to cancel it at the end of the term and provide at least one month's notice or it will roll over. This is simply another chore for our organization to keep track of and we don't like it but can work with it.

It would be nice if changing the setting was more streamlined and if we could set schedules for assigning users/extensions for certain call groups. Also, the small lag time when on voice calls can be annoying sometimes.

The phone system is wonderful, and the SMS service extremely helpful to reach our busy members. RingCentral's customer service and support team are exceptional. We operate several businesses over 5 years and continue to enjoy using RingCentral!

I highly recommend RingCentral. I used them for 5 years till I sold my business. I recommended them to the new owner and 4 other business owners including my son. The system works great never had a downtime. The service request always responded promptly. They are very professional and on top of that the cost is much better than other providers.

I switched from using my personal cell phone for my small business to RingCentral in early 2016. It does everything as advertised. I can sort calls to different members of my staff based on subject of the call. I feel more professional and I have more time to spend on expanding my business rather than directing every incoming call. The cost fits right into my budget and as the business grows, RingCentral has options to grow with me. This was a smart choice for my small business. I would absolutely recommend this service.

Great service and product for the money. I have 4 incoming lines which 2 are 800 numbers and two outgoing lines. I have a fax line which comes to my email and faxes are sent via email. No more wasting money ink paper on fax machines. Ring Central has great people and provides more services for the money than any other company we have found or used in the past 40 years. We have been with Ring Central around ten years.

We moved from analog phones to RingCentral's VoIP Cloud-based solution about 3 years ago. The web-based user interface is versatile and user-friendly, allowing us to easily tailor our phones for our business needs. The Call Reporting features are incredible! We never miss a call! There is no equipment to maintain. Price-wise, RingCentral is less than half the price of the bulky system we had previously.

I am an attorney and RingCentral has been a life saver as it allows faxes to come straight to my computer. When faced with not being able to get court appointments in a particular county without a local or toll-free number, RingCentral came through with the toll-free number in less than 2 hours allowing me to get the additional business. I have already recommended to several colleagues.

Ring Central best VOIP system. I have had very few problem with Ring Central, and when there is a problem my account manager is more than happy to help or get us to the right tech person who can help.

Have been using it for past 2 years and it works great. Did not have any problem, customer support is prompt. I would recommend this to everyone who has a need to connect virtually. Chrome extension is additional plus. Overall great product.

I've had the service for several years using it for both business and personal. We traveled to Ireland for a year and a 1/2 and THE greatest thing was the ability to take it the equipment with us, hook it up to our internet and be able to make and accept calls from family, friends, and clients like it the as a local USA call. Some people did not even know we had left the country. GREAT.

My biggest issue with RingCentral is that they are not upfront with their prices. My bill turned out to be almost double what I expected. They stated this was due to "taxes and fees" which are not disclosed in the displayed pricing, and the taxes and fees are enormous. Before doing business with them, be sure you understand the real cost. But if you are comfortable once you get the full picture around fees and taxes, the product does work very well.

I read everywhere that this company was ranked best so I signed up with them before cutting off my land line. Primarily I want to receive faxes from customers. Often they call saying the line rings and rings with no answer and this week I had one say my fax number was busy for hours. Yesterday I got a fax and when I tried to open it to print it, I got a black page. Tried to contact live CS online and waited and waited for someone to come on to help. Called their CS number while waiting and after answering all the questions the recording said that I had to do it online (still waiting for the online person to come onto the conversation).

Someone finally came online and I spent almost 2 hours on with him (including him remotely accessing my computer). The fax STILL won't show to print on Chrome and I have to go to another browser to print it. Really not happy with this service! P.S. The service worked fine during the trial... After the trial is when the problems started!

The call quality was clear and better than services than I have used in the past. If I had to give it a rating I would go with a 10 out of 10. The rep was very happy and helpful, very responsive, and definitely knew what they were talking about. I have had to deal with my fair share of rude unenthusiastic reps in the past so this was a wonderful and refreshing change for me. I liked that I wasn't on hold for a long time and it was a plus that I wasn't on hold for a long time and then after waiting a while the rep hangs up on me without helping me. Their hours enabled me to access a rep at any time that was convenient for me and my personal schedule so I didn't have to rearrange my day around one call.

The calls were convenient, quick and easy to use. This service gave me the great opportunity of keeping in contact with my friends, family, relatives and colleagues. I would probably recommend it to anyone who intend to use it for personal and/ or business purposes. Also, the reps were clear and concise and seemed to be very customer-oriented. I felt that they were fairly easy to conduct business with and made our communication simple and reasonable. Their responsiveness is quick, clear and immediate. That service offered a lot of clear guidance and direct support to their respectable customers.

Expert Review

Ellen MuraskinVoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.    More about Ellen→

RingCentral has over a decade of experience in the VoIP industry and has served more than 300,000 customers.​

• All-inclusive phone system: Their all-inclusive system includes conferencing, mobile app, user-friendly interface for adds, changes and multimedia communication.
  • Accent on collaboration: RingCentral embraces the less-email trend with an app/interface, called Glip, which integrates task and calendar management, instant messaging and file sharing à la Slack.
  • Accent on integration: Built as an open platform from the ground up, RingCentral's industry-standard APIs and SDK let your developers easily integrate your communications into key business processes and applications. Out-of-the-box integrations include Outlook, Salesforce.com, Box, ZenDesk, Google and Oracle.
  • Reasonable rates: Plans start as low as $24.99 per month per user.
  • Offers toll free to customers: Using RingCentral services, businesses can quickly and easily set up toll-free numbers for customer use.
  • Best for Small businesses and large corporations.

RingCentral Company Profile