1.65/5

Looking for a good VoIP provider?

RingCentral

RingCentral is a cloud-based global telephone system for all types of businesses. With RingCentral, moving your business phone system to the cloud is easy & straightforward. Our cloud platform allows for easy to access to secure voice, fax, text, audio conferencing, and online meetings. No matter how many office locations you have, our team of experts at RingCentral are ready to set everything up for you and allow for a smooth transition. Contact us today.

Looking for a good VoIP provider?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

RingCentral Reviews

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

I was previously with Verizon. While they were great for my small business needs, they were getting expensive. I signed a contract with RingCentral and immediately got nervous with the reviews. They were all bad. I had already signed my agreement, noticed I had a 30-day clause, and stuck with it. Transferring the lines over was a little complicated, but I used the chat feature on Ring Central's website, and they walked me through. NO PROBLEMS. Any issues I have run into, their chat feature was there. It was quick and painless.

The pricing is better than Verizon's. I could probably go back to Verizon, and claim I'm getting a deal somewhere else to have them cut the price down... But Ring Central has more features. I love the app, in house texting, and can call from my cell while using the office number. I no longer have to let clients know my cell... So, why so many BAD reviews? No one feels the need to voice their opinion when they're happy. Only when they want their complaints to be expressed. I never put helpful reviews out there either. - So, here ya go! A good review. A Happy Customer, Kaitlyn.

RingCentral response
      Kaitlyn, Thank you so much for your review.

We're thrilled to hear about your experience and are grateful to you for taking the time to share it.

We're going to send over a private response, as we'd love to learn more.

Keep in touch!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

The Best Cloud PBX Available. I have been using RingCentral for several years and have even recommended it to friends with this type of need. I am extremely happy with the entire company as a whole from price, features, phones, and tech support. I am a heavy user meaning that I use a majority of the offered features; desk phone, softphone, mobile app, fax, conference calls, video meetings, remote control of end-user PCs for support and I find that everything works as advertised.

Any of the few times that I have actually needed the assistance of tech support, the staff were quick to respond, knowledgeable, and polite. My issues were always resolved in a single phone call. The price has never gone up or as in some of the reviews that I have read here, doubled so I can't understand where these comments are coming from. It is as if they are talking about a completely different company. I have and still do recommend RingCentral to people. My experience has never been what I have been reading on this review site.

RingCentral response
      Great news, Edward! We love to hear about customers thriving with our products!

We'll shoot you a private response, if you'd like to share more! THANK YOU!

Get expert buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I have been using RingCentral phone services for my small business for over a year now. The service in terms of calls (making, receiving, forwarding and voicemail), faxes (send/receive), video chat, and much more. You will not go wrong as a small business having RingCentral phone or should I call it "Communication Services". When I have had issues with setup, diagnosing issues, etc. the RingCentral Support has been timely, professional, very knowledgable, and always fixed the issue on the first contact. The cost, the services, the support and the ability to expand as your business grows is a sound business decision.

RingCentral response

We love hearing this, Ralph! We're super appreciative of your feedback.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

I had to contact customer support a few times and each time I found the customer service reps helpful, friendly and professional. The phone quality is at times scratchy but in three years not much to complain about with RingCentral. The system has gotten too complicated to manage on my own. Tech support helps with any changes needed and testing is done to make sure features are working as needed. This service meets the needs of my small business with two locations in two different states.

RingCentral response

Elizabeth! Thank you so much for your feedback. We're glad to hear you feel supported. We're always working to improve and your experience is very important to us.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I have a small insurance agency and decided to have a soft client with CableOne now Sparklight. It was a complete nightmare and they finally told me I was the only one using a soft client. So, RingCentral has been a breeze. It was easy to setup and the transition has been smooth. The people have been very friendly and responsive. No problems yet....

Andy,

So great to hear you're having a great experience! We appreciate your feedback. Please reach out if we can support you further.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RingCentral?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

Ring Central's Customer Service can be summarized in one word: Awful. When you call in you are told the wait time is 0 minutes yet you will be placed on hold, keep hearing the 0 minutes message, and then forced to leave a message to which you will never get a call back. When I finally got through, the rep was unable to resolve my issue and when I asked to talk to a supervisor he/she did not even have a courtesy of getting on the phone with me and sent a message through the rep I was talking to that they are unable to help me. STAY AWAY. They will lock you into a contact. Much better services out there.

RingCentral response

Amir, we're so sorry to hear about the experience you've had. We'd like to look into this and would appreciate it if you would reach out to us. We'll shoot over a private message to share our contact information. We hope to hear from you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

Worst company to deal with. Once they have your credit on file, they go on a party spree. Worst mistake. Bad service and bad support. Phone lines are not reliable too. Look for Microsoft Teams. I am using that service and its 1000 times better.

RingCentral response
      We're so sorry to hear about your experience. Although you've moved to another company, if there were unfounded charges or unethical use of funds, we'd like to look into that.

If you're open to us investigating, please reach out. We'll shoot over a private response.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

RingCentral has the worst customer service ever!! Forget about customer loyalty!! Customer calls are handled overseas, good luck trying to talk to a real supervisor when you call in, or even speaking with someone who you can understand. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was placed on a brief hold, and then spoke to someone who sounded exactly like the previous person I had spoken to.

I have been a RingCentral customer since 2014. I have had the same two business phone lines since 2014, along with the same billing amount. In December 2019, my bill doubled. I did not add any additional lines or make any changes to my account, yet my bill doubled. I called to find out why, and was told that I needed to purchase another license.

When I initially setup this account in 2014, I had two business lines and 1 license, now five years later, I am being told I need to purchase another license for the other business line. So overnight my bill doubled after five years. The only reason I went with RingCentral in the first place was because I was allowed to have two (2) business lines on 1 license. So of course, I don’t want this additional expense, I want to cancel my service with them. Especially after the extremely poor customer service I received. But, guess what, because I leased one of their phones in 2014, which I no longer use, I was set up on a 24-month automatic renewal plan. So every 24 months, the plan automatically renews, unless I contact RingCentral 30 days prior to the automatic renewal date. So my current contract that I signed in June 2014, is not up until June 2020.

The customer service is extremely poor. The guy who claimed to be the supervisor and the manager was extremely rude and condescending during our entire conversation. Dealing with RingCentral has been a true nightmare. I would not recommend this service to anyone. In response to my online review on Facebook and Trustpilot, RingCentral posted the following response: "We're so sorry to hear about this Phyllis! Please reach out to review@ringcentral.com and we'll see what we can do to help." So I reached out to them at review@ringcentral.com. I have not heard anything from them. They responded to my negative online review faster than they have responded to this email. I have email tracking so I know they received the email and opened it. The email was opened at least 5 times, yet not one response.

Oh, while writing this review I just got an alert that the email I sent them was opened again. Must be in response to another negative review I left on Facebook about them not responding to my email. Just when I thought their customer service could not get any worse, it is even more horrible than I initially imagined. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE.

Phyllis,

Yes, the Executive Response Team is looking into your issue. We sent this additional message, as we were unsure if you had other problems that had come up since you spoke with the Executive Response Team. They are still working to address your concerns regarding your account and will be in touch.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I've been a RingCentral customer since November 4th, 2011. As of December 4th, 2019 I'm porting my numbers to Nextiva. My decision due to an unfounded change in my bill. At $120 a month, my original service agreement states my bill will not change as long as there are no changes to my plan. As of today, I have made no changes to my plan and my new bill is over $380. When I called my account manager, Alison and left five voicemails and one email, she finally called me back. When we spoke, Alison told me that the reason it took so long to return my call was that everyone at RingCentral is located in the Philippines. I have always found it difficult to understand most representatives at RingCentral. Additionally, I’ve had more than twenty Account Managers in just the past 5 years that I can recall.

Another thing that bothers me when speaking with someone at RingCentral is they feel the need to repeat everything back you just asked. I think it’s part of their training and it makes you feel like you’re speaking to a small child, it’s annoying!! I asked why my bill increased, her response, "You should have received an email about a billing change." I asked when this email was sent?, "March 2018", what, 20 months ago???? Yep, “There will be an increase for all additional extension on your account”. When I started with RingCentral in 2011 I was told as long as I make no changes to my plan, there will be no changes to my bill. Included with my original plan was the ability to have and add unlimited extensions. Today I’m being billed extra for my three additional extensions at $69.99 each.

When I told her that my new billing was incorrect, her response was, "You need to delete some of your business phone extensions.” What?? Everyone in business knows that you can’t just delete numbers, yes, each extension is associated with a business line. Numbers are business lifeblood, you can’t just throw them away!! The people at RingCentral are not in business, they will most likely never be in business, so how can they understand yours? I asked for help finding a solution that didn't involve deleting numbers, to my surprise, "no" was her answer. I said, “If you’re not willing to help me with my account, then why are you called an account manager?”, no response. I said, “It looks like I need to find a new phone company for my business.”, the response, "Well, whatever you feel you need to do".

As soon as I got off the phone I searched "Alternatives to RingCentral", I found several, out of about a dozen, Nextiva seemed to be the best fit for my business and had some of the top reviews. My bill is now $86 a month with even more features than I had with RingCentral. Anton, my account manager is located in the USA, technical support is located in Ukraine and the USA, they are available 24/7 with training, help, advice, etc!! I've been in business for over 26 years. Having a phone you can count on is important to any business. Your phone service should work for you, not the other way around. My suggestion to business people, especially small businesses; stay away from RingCentral. Send them and their stockholders a very clear message, they need to improve their service, support, and pricing, not the other way around!!

RingCentral response
      Glenn, Thanks for reaching out and sharing this feedback.

We'll share a private response if you'd like to reach out to us directly to discuss these issues further.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I wanted to cancel service, called the (866) 733-0810 and Chat Online. Keep putting me on wait for long time and cuts off. There is no customer service to cancel your service. I had to call my credit card service to block the new charges.

RingCentral response

Patrick, sorry to hear about your experience. If we can help with this process, please reach out! We'll send a private response.

RingCentral expert review by Ellen Muraskin

RingCentral has over a decade of experience in the VoIP industry and has served more than 300,000 customers.​

• All-inclusive phone system: Their all-inclusive system includes conferencing, mobile app, user-friendly interface for adds, changes and multimedia communication.

• Accent on collaboration: RingCentral embraces the less-email trend with an app/interface, called Glip, which integrates task and calendar management, instant messaging and file sharing à la Slack.

• Accent on integration: Built as an open platform from the ground up, RingCentral's industry-standard APIs and SDK let your developers easily integrate your communications into key business processes and applications. Out-of-the-box integrations include Outlook, Salesforce.com, Box, ZenDesk, Google and Oracle.

• Reasonable rates: Plans start as low as $24.99 per month per user.

• Offers toll free to customers: Using RingCentral services, businesses can quickly and easily set up toll-free numbers for customer use.

• Best for: Small businesses and large corporations.

Profile picture of Ellen Muraskin
      Ellen Muraskin VoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

RingCentral Company Information