RingCentral

Signed 2 yr contract in March 2015. In March or so 2016 I asked that I not be auto renewed, asked about early termination, etc. In Dec 2016 I opened 2-3 more tickets similar, saying I didn't want to be in a contract. June 2017, thinking my contract is over, I try to cancel. Nope, contract renewed until 2019. Ridiculous. Talked to multiple people, no one gives a crap. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Ring Central sends and receives faxes just the way I need. It is a very good service and is very dependable. The customer service is great and the whole operation is top notch. I would recommend Ring Central if you are looking for an online fax service.

All I got was misinformation, wrong information, and outright lies, and refusal to find the correct information. Spent 40 minutes on the phone, only to get hung up on by a manager who repeatedly refused to even do his job correctly. Horrible, they promise you the world and deliver nothing. The actual connections are horrible, they block numbers without informing you. Overall they are terrible.

Huge mistake moving my business to RingCentral. Do not believe the reliability claims. We have issues with making calls, they can’t fix it. It’s been days since we have been able to contact clients back in certain area codes. We have also received emails from clients telling us that our phone are out of service. Clients from different area codes, counties, and states. Some people can reach us and no way of knowing which people can't. Their solution to give them a list of people who can’t reach us. Even giving RingCentral a list of the known people who can’t reach us and the times they called us the issue still exists, and they tell us that we have to contact all of our clients or potential clients phone carriers to have them work on it. How would we know ALL the people who can’t reach us. Worst service! DO NOT USE RingCentral!

In my work helping fearful fliers, I used RingCentral for several years. I didn't like the control panel; it is not intuitive, but I could call and ask tech to help, and they did. But then this spring, they told us that if we had ten or more calls per month forwarded to a cell phone, they were going to add the cell phone number to our account as a non-VoIP line and charge $24.95. We had been forwarded to three cell phone numbers for years. This extra monthly charge of almost $75.00 DOUBLED our monthly phone expense. I told my account manager this was unacceptable. I spoke to supervisors, who said the change was permanent. So I explained I would have to find another company.

I switched to Optimum Business (part of Cablevision), and when I told RingCentral to cancel our account, they said our contract runs from November to November, is automatically renewed, and we have to continue to pay until then. However, RingCentral, by unilaterally altering the terms of the contract, has nullified the contract. We will not pay and we will seek to recapture what they have taken from us via our credit card company. However, anyone thinking of doing business with RingCentral should understand that things have changed there, and it has been taken over by unscrupulous management who will screw you over if they possibly can.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RingCentral?

I received a month free but they make you sign a contract to get the month free. I have been trying to close my account since two weeks in the free month and they will not close it. The support department is horrible. They don't speak English and you ask them you fix one thing and they mess up something different that you never bought up. Stay away from this company.

RingCentral charges an exorbitant "CRF" fee that is NOT a tax or required by any law. Possible grounds for class action lawsuit or resistance? My bill shows a monthly $4 fee. Basically RingCentral is passing its own legal bills/lawyer fees on to its customers. The fee is called "RingCentral Compliance and Administrative Cost Recovery Fee" or CRF for short. Assume RingCentral has 100,000 customers. At $4 per month per customer, this is nearly $5 MILLION per year. Why should the customers pay RingCentral's expenses? RingCentral should pay its own expenses out of its own profit. This might be an accounting gimmick - RC can allege a low "base" price for its service and then tack on fees that properly should be in the base price. RC appears to rely on the customer not paying attention so they can pull a fast one on us. I think it is total b.s. Note that the fee is a pretty high percentage (close to 6%) of the monthly service charge.

We have used RingCentral for over 15 years... In that time, I can only remember ONCE, early on, that there was ever a complete service interruption. Since then, it's been the most reliable service I have ever used. I don't have to worry about the phone lines coming into my office, down wires, power outages, it just always works! It's versatile. After a short learning curve, I programmed our service when we initially started service. Since then, I have only made minor changes since the service just WORKS.

There are a few times that I have had to call service for issues. I have found that it's best to gather details of exact examples of problematic calls (time/date, called from/to) to help support. This allows them to look into details about previous calls and be able to diagnose the issue quicker. I used to think that I wanted to have an "in-house" phone system... But, after switching to RingCentral, I have found that those needs are either not important any longer, or are well supported in the RingCentral offerings.

I have been a user of RingCentral for several years. I used RingCentral to replace my landline telephone system. I have been very happy with RingCentral and would indeed recommend this system to a friend.

The service is pretty good for faxing but customer service is completely inept. We can't access features and the customer service people spend a lot of time on the phone but can't fix anything. As long as you just want to send and receive faxes through a machine, it is fine.

Beware of RingCentral. We signed up for a free 15 day trial to test with a SIP conference phone and were never able to receive inbound calls on the number. There is so much security involved (verification codes, PINs, security questions, security verification emails) that make the process extremely frustrating for the user(s) to even use/test. This is especially true if the user who set up the account is not always available/on call to pass along the communications to their team members who need to use the line. After not even a few days of frustration, we decided to cancel. This is even more difficult of a process!

RingCentral will not allow their customers to cancel their account/free 15 day trial without dialing in and speaking with someone, who makes you answer even more security and non-security questions. If they don't like your answers, they will not cancel/close your account. I was actually told by a representative to call back 'when I was ready to cancel'. I was so frustrated I actually hung up the phone on them, something I NEVER have done. When attempting to call back, the line was blocked. When attempting to cancel through the billing department, I could not get through and/or change/update the billing to an expired card to ensure we would not be charged if they refused to cancel.

After my third attempt/request, I was able to cancel. We were never able to receive inbound calls, whether or not this was RingCentral's fault or the actual phone we were testing on their service, so I can't attest to the actual product/service, but any company with horrible customer service and practices as frustrating for the user as RingCentral, is not a company I want to support nor move forward with.

I receive numerous automated e-mails praising the service we are receiving and assuming that we have 'calls rolling in on our number' which is far from the truth. We've never had one successful inbound call. They request a mobile number to have on file, however, support come from overseas. I've since blocked their support line because I've received international charges/rates for the voice mails they leave me on my personal phone. Not many companies/people get under my skin, especially enough to write a review, however RingCentral has fired me up like no company/service provider has in my 10+ years managing an office.

I honestly can't believe how difficult the process from start to (thankfully) finish has been. From getting the number up and 'running' to nearly being told our cancel request would not be granted. Assuming your customers believe your product is great, they are satisfied, and that it's working well for them, is not a good practice.

Sending frequent impersonal e-mails that are automated and forcing customers who signed up for a number to answer security questions over (and over and over again) to gain access to their account is disruptive and annoying. Such a mistake signing up in the first place - happy to be free and would never recommend or use any of their products ever again.

I had your service for over three years. This time I got charge double of I was paying. I reach out to customer service. They set up a claim and ask for phone number saying someone will call to answered question about bill. That was 2 weeks ago! I'm still waiting for someone to call. Very disappointed. I'll cancel my subscription if nobody reach out to me in the next 2 days.

I am a physician, I have canceled my RingCentral account for last 18 months and all have been trying to do is have them stop charging me. Every time I call I am on phone for more than two hours and I give up and hang up. They have been charging me still monthly. I can't believe how they are able get away with this

and when I called the line to get new account I can get someone in 3 minutes and that person has guts to tell me that because I am an existing customer he can not help me or his manager can not help me. All he can do is if I add new account then he can stop the old account.

I have asked for help and he says, "We have more than 40000 account. If we pick everyone's phone we will work 24/7." So I am still on phone for now 2 hours 20 minutes and still holding. I am not sure I can report this to ConsumerAffairs people. Can someone help me. This is harassment. How can they get away with this as I can not prove how long they have been keeping me on phone and not stopping the charges on account. I feel so helpless.

If RingCentral works then it will keep working but when you have issues they do not think that you are running business and losing revenue because their service is not working. If you have RingCentral for business of course if phone is not working they need to take a priority. Unfortunately they do not take it as priority. I recommend RingCentral for home use or for hobby. Definitely not reliable for Business purpose. How in the world RingCentral say to me when I call their support that my business phone is not working and they say ok ticket created and someone will be in touch with next 24 to 48 hrs. I have 2 locations and 4 lines (2 on each location) both locations are 20 miles apart with different internet providers and both locations having same phone issues.

This is not first time I am having issues. If their service works then it will keep working but if you experience problem then they are do not understand that people are running business and phone not working means loss of revenue every minute. They have 2 levels of tech support, you will waste lot of time on level one (level one are just time wasters) and they ask unwanted/unrelated questions and take a note and when level 2 gets in touch with you, they will ask same questions and say, "We do not have answer to the questions".

While I was on the phone with their tech support, he mentioned that his computer froze and needs reboot. He put me on hold for 10 minutes just to reboot his computer. Definitely they do not understand the importance that phone service is important for business. RingCentral need to understand that Business means Business. Do not use RingCentral for business purpose unless you have landline backup or you are using them for home/personal use.

When we signed up, we explained to them and stressed the importance and urgency that there be no interruption in service because this is our small business' main phone line and is printed on all our marketing materials. We were promised, told not to worry, that all would be a smooth transition... LIARS!! The only reason I paid for the year upfront was because I was told by the Sales Rep that if I paid the year in full I would be saving money.

This company is full of liars and execs that hide behind their "Customer Service Reps" and to even call them customer service reps is an insult to REAL CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS. No one speaks English at least understandable English. You get assigned a "project manager" that never answers calls or calls back. And when you try to contact her you are told "she's busy, she has over 2000 accounts". For real??! How is this My Problem?!

This service from day one NEVER worked! And we're constantly being told that they would fix, over and over again. BS!!! A year and a half later still no service!! I started calling for a refund and was told that I should have cancelled within the first 30 days to get monies back ($500+)!!! If I would have been told this as soon as they figured out it wasn't working, then I would have cancelled, but instead kept constantly being lied to... AND then I received an email stating that they would be renewing and charging my account an additional $500. I called right away and said "NO, no renewal. I want my money back", Monies I paid for a service that we never received or used. So I was transferred to a "Manager" named Ann **, she stated that she would need to cancel the account before getting us back our money, so she canceled and asked that I forward all correspondence from RingCentral, which I did and NEVER heard back from her.

Now, I call back... And they even went as far as to delete my account from their system, so now when I call the "reps" say, "so sorry but we can not find your account because it's been cancelled and deleted." We ask to speak to a manager/supervisor. We are always told that all "management" are in a meeting, REALLY?! I will continue to call and demand my money back, if RingCentral has stolen from you also, please continue to call and demand what's rightfully yours. If we all call and make fuss, we can beat them! Because if it's legal for them to harass with sales calls and steal, then it's legal for the consumer to get back what's rightfully ours!

We run a small technology company where all staff work from home, most of whom are in different states. RingCentral has been a very reliable service for us. We rely on it and recommend it to our clients, many of whom are working to allow their own employees to work remotely as well.

I have had this service for years and should have cancelled it long ago. 7-10 times it would not receive the signal from a fax machine so the end result is that clients would send the fax and it would not come through to me. Of course, the least to see the professionalism of this system is really lacking. I am cancelling the service today and had to wait on hold for 15 minutes before the rep would come on the line to take care of the transaction.

I have used RingCentral for years now and have not once had an issue with sending or receiving faxes. Getting set up was easy and quick, and service has been flawless since. I've used customer service once and they were timely and helpful.

Good luck trying to get clarity on contracts, renewal dates or trying to cancel your service. The WORST experience ever. Service was spotty and failed frequently, but when it worked it was mostly OK. Stupid web-based "control panel" uses flash, so you have to find an old browser and install flash just to do things like record your voicemail greeting.

Ring central is my fax choice. I run a small tax and Financial Planning business and I appreciate the efficient and reasonable price for the very few faxes I send and receive each year. Online is a fabulous way to fill in the need to have an alternative way to communicate and document share for me and my clients. I tossed the old clunky fax machine. Now I have a sleek way to send/receive information. The app is great too. And I get an email that there is a fax waiting for me. Thanks RingCentral for servicing this small client.

It's important that I be able to rely on tools for work. Whether it's an available binder, medical info, cell phone or fax machine, in the health care business, it needs to work, when I need it to. RingCentral does just that. Whether I need to receive or send information, it happens - all the time.

I have found RingCentral to be efficient and have been happy with their service and what they offer to the customer. I run a small business and this seems to fit my needs for a fax program quite nicely. I would recommend it to others.

Great service, however beware, horrible customer service and all calls and support come from overseas! Can't understand what they are saying and they never follow up with your needs. Do not use RingCentral! Will make you extremely frustrated. Such a shame, service is good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Their service doesn't always work and they can't seem to figure out why. I have spent numerous hours with their customer service team (multiple people) and they can't figure out why it doesn't work. I have lost clients and business due to their poor service. Sometimes my phone will work and sometimes it won't. Other times I am talking to clients and it just cuts off in middle of the conversations. I try to make phone calls, sometimes it will ring through and the person answering can't hear me but I can't hear them. Sometimes it won't ring through at all. Sometimes I get phone calls and I can't answer the call. Sometimes when I try to hang up my phone I can't hang up the call. I have to turn off my cell phone. Other times it works perfectly. There are times my phone gets so hot I can't put it to my face to talk on it. If I take their app off the phone the phone doesn't get hot. These are just the issues related to the app on my cell phone.

Now let's discuss the desktop app. This app isn't any better. I have purchased two headsets. The first one worked for about a month and half. Then right in the middle of the first month of tax season, it quit working. I am a CPA, so this was not good. So this is when the whole customer service problems started. I explained the issues and they said I needed to purchase a Plantronics headset. They even told me which one. Which I immediately purchased. It worked for 3 weeks on the desk app somewhat. During this time, I called 3 times because there were issues. So many I have lost track of all of them. Some had to do with the fact, that clients called and left messages and I didn't get the messages.

Here to find out one of their customer service tech set up a new extension and never got my permission. I didn't even have the password to access this extension. I knew nothing about it until I called to report I wasn't getting my messages and couldn't find them. Clients were emailing upset that I wasn't getting back to them. Then the customers service tech when I called in tried to blame me for the new extension that I knew nothing about and didn't know the password to. But he did eventually help get to these messages.

Well I now had 4 extensions even though I only needed 2, one for myself and 1 for my email. Yet I had to log into 3 for myself and to check 3 throughout the day for messages and voicemail. It took another call to another service tech to final get this mess fixed and it still is not completely fixed, because at times messages come up missing. I have never gotten the headsets to work and have given up on the desktop app. I have wasted more time than I care to calculate on this system.

Yet it is my fault this is happening per their customer service people. Also, one customer service rep said they would refund my money and then I got a call saying they would not be canceling my service and would not be refunding my money. I had only requested the money for the service I was not going to be using not the past months. Which I felt was more than fair since in the past their service hadn't worked but for half the time, and that is being generous.

Oh, I yeah forgot to mention the service work for the first 30 days, which in their contract is the only time you have to cancel if you are not happy with their service. If after the first 30 days you have problems with their service you are just out of luck. They have your money and there is nothing you can do per their contract. By the way this is the first time I have ever felt the need to write such a negative review. Usually I try to understand things from all sides but this company isn't willing to work with their customers at all. In fact they even go so far as to treat them as though they are stupid.

RingCentral is reliable, convenient and affordable! We enjoy getting notifications on our phones rather than having to "check the fax machine". Having the ability to look back on previous faxes or print them a second time without searching through stacks of paperwork saves time and makes our work more efficient. RingCentral has been a positive change for our office! So far, we have not had a reason to contact Customer Service and that's a good thing!

RingCentral has been a great service and wonderful resource for our practice, and I would highly recommend it to anyone trying to streamline communication, meetings, and resources both internally and externally for their business!

I switched to Ring Central years ago as I saw how easy it was to setup IP phones and ditch our regular land lines. I also liked having the cloud PBX so I would not have to maintain one onsite. The service works great and they always have new features being released constantly. The possibilities are endless. The service has really become a central part of our company's communications. With a great technical support team to back it all up, I would highly recommend this solution to any business!

We've always had great service with RingCentral. The features are great and the service is impeccable. I love being able to change things around online, and the mobile app is wonderful. Great service for your money! I would recommend anytime to anyone.

When we were looking for a new Cloud based system to replace our traditional PBX, I signed up for several different services for a couple of months so I could go through the configuration and try to setup to follow the work flow that we wanted for our company. Several of the competitors just couldn't be setup for what we wanted. We wanted all calls to go to a queue so that our office manager could answer live all calls. We wanted the caller to have an option to leave a message if they did not want to wait for our office manager to answer their call if the queue was busy due to high calls. In addition, the logic of setting up users, work stations, etc. was just more straightforward than the others. We are a happy customer!

Frontier had accidentally swapped my Ring Central main number. It was done by error but my phones were completely down. After many escalations, Bo contacted me stating indeed it had been taken. I was able to contact my Acct Rep from Frontier. They spoke and the next day I was able to get my service up and running. When speaking to Bo, he was always great in responding back and returning my phone calls and keeping me updated. Great customer service. A very professional, knowledgeable person.

Expert Review

Ellen MuraskinVoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.    More about Ellen→

RingCentral has over a decade of experience in the VoIP industry and has served more than 300,000 customers.​

• All-inclusive phone system: Their all-inclusive system includes conferencing, mobile app, user-friendly interface for adds, changes and multimedia communication.
  • Accent on collaboration: RingCentral embraces the less-email trend with an app/interface, called Glip, which integrates task and calendar management, instant messaging and file sharing à la Slack.
  • Accent on integration: Built as an open platform from the ground up, RingCentral's industry-standard APIs and SDK let your developers easily integrate your communications into key business processes and applications. Out-of-the-box integrations include Outlook, Salesforce.com, Box, ZenDesk, Google and Oracle.
  • Reasonable rates: Plans start as low as $24.99 per month per user.
  • Offers toll free to customers: Using RingCentral services, businesses can quickly and easily set up toll-free numbers for customer use.
  • Best for Small businesses and large corporations.

RingCentral Company Profile