1.02/5

Looking for a good VoIP provider?

RingCentral

RingCentral is a cloud-based global telephone system for all types of businesses. With RingCentral, moving your business phone system to the cloud is easy & straightforward. Our cloud platform allows for easy to access to secure voice, fax, text, audio conferencing, and online meetings. No matter how many office locations you have, our team of experts at RingCentral are ready to set everything up for you and allow for a smooth transition. Contact us today.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

170 RingCentral Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Signed up for RingCentral as a future-forward option of VOIP, unfortunately, it was short-lived, with terrible reception, customers complaining about the quality and not taking the business calls seriously as some calls sound like you are calling from a different country where telecommunications are dated. The staff was unhappy with reliability. RingCentral provides a lot of useless bells and whistles which upfront sound amazing but for the cost, you already might have the same options available to you through your other partners. (example RingCentral meetings, we have Skype for business which functions more reliably and is well known by our clients).

The main key point is customer service, it is almost non-existent, I had an automated email from "account manager" when we signed up and no support since. Till a year later when we canceled, and another "account manager" sent an automated email stating they are now our new account manager, again no real help, solutions or support. We had prepaid for the year and very proactive, however, when called in to cancel after our "term" ended, the agent canceled our service immediately, we had business disruption and lack of service, along with investing more time to call in to fix the issue created by them.

We moved to a more reliable and standard telecommunication company for time being which we can trust and when required easily port numbers out from. The numbers we had with RingCentral on our websites, materials, business cards will be useless as they don't support port out. But since we are proactive, this was a better business decision to take that hit early on instead of committing to more headache and misery for the future to save pennies now. At this point, if I can go back in time with my first year of service. With the number of alternate options available, I would never pick this as an option for a serious and growing business.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

If you need any type of customer service for existing customers, you will be OUT OF LUCK! I simply need to update credit card information for autodraft, could not receive help via telephone, chat or website. This is so they will get paid and I still can't get any help!

Get expert buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Do not use RingCentral at all for your phone or system provider. If you decide to use them never porting your phone to them, because you will never be able to port it out. They will always find something not to release your number. I'm trying for 3 months back and forth with the winning provider to port out my phone number and keep paying the monthly charges always find a reason not to release it.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

RingCentral ported my phones before the agreed upon date. I lost an entire day of calls. The customer service center is not helpful. You also can't speak to someone in the United States. Their escalation department is always in a meeting. It has been 2 weeks and counting to get my number ported back to my original phone provider. They may have good marketing because their service is so bad they have to compensate by delivering sub par services. Do yourself a favor. There are plenty of companies out there, DON'T USE RINGCENTRAL!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Think twice before using RingCentral. Your calls are route to the UK and the service sucks! Three weeks trying to get a number ported... Reason 1. Name is not spelled correctly 2. Address is incorrect. They won’t port it for the same reason each time. #ringcentral Office of the President calls and sends an email without an phone number asking how they can resolve my problem. (A phone company who refuses to give you a call back number) - problem #2.

During the conversation with @ringcentral rep she said, “ma’am I can’t hear you” and my reply, “exactly why I am getting rid of your company”. Your lines??? VOIP RingCentral uses a ringout system - in the middle of a conversation the caller is abruptly placed on hold and, the call is routed through your carrier. It appears that you are calling yourself - you must answer to rejoin the call. Yeah, it's crazy!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RingCentral?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Auto-renewed our contract for 2 years when we ported over our number to another company and won't let us cancel or downgrade service unless we pay for the entire term of the 2-year contract we were forced into without our knowledge. Many technical issues including undelivered calls, dropped calls, and fax lines NEVER work for fax machines. Be prepared to spend days trying to get support from their support team and never get any help. You basically have to beg them to help but you never get anything other than their scripted responses, and they do not honor their SLAs. Buyer beware, stay away from RingCentral!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Save yourself the heartache and go to Phone.com. RingCentral was the absolute worst service and customer service I have ever received. Their year-long contracts are archaic and they have no regard for you as a person or a customer.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

We purchased 4 handsets and one base (VOIP) from RingCentral for $500. After spending more than 10 hours with tech support to get them to work. I was told I needed to purchase an additional 3 lines (I originally only had one line). After purchasing the 3 new lines for total of 4 lines, RingCentral tech support was still unable to get the lines to work right. At this point our bill went from $20/mo to $239/mo (just for the extra 3 lines). We'd miss the majority of calls altogether, sometimes we'd get a call, but it would drop. We were unable to make calls.

Then they said we needed to buy 3 more bases to get the system to work better. I didn't want to spend even more money to get these phones to work. We decided to go back to using just one line as we had been before (with success). Ring Central wouldn't let us out of the new contract for the additional 3 lines. I talked with customer support several times (a total of more than 12 hours), to get them to let me out of the contract because they said if I'd bought the extra 3 lines the phones would work - but they didn't.

Basically they didn't hold of their end of the deal but wanted me to make more purchases. I refused to pay more money - just wanted the one line again. So now I'm left with paying this new contract through until it ends in 9 months (it was a 12 month contract but 3 months have passed since I've been trying to get out of it). They should allow a customer out of a contract if they can't fulfill their end of the bargain - by getting their phones and lines to work. This is completely unacceptable!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

It took 3 months to cancel this service! I signed up using my credit card. I needed it only for 2-3 weeks for fax purposes. To cancel the service, you have to call. They have no other option. I canceled, but then the next month I'm charged again. They didn't want to refund. I canceled again and asked to remove my account. Next month I'm charged again! I called my bank and requested credit card replacement. Another month and another charge, but I can't even log in to the account. I had to go to my branch and show them everything on my laptop. I spent 2 hours with the banker.

After proving to my bank what happened they were able to replace the card number. I have no idea how RingCentral was able to charge my card with different exp date, etc. Now they can't charge because the card number is different. To make sure that this will not be reported to any credit bureau I started talking to all of them to make sure that RingCentral will never be related with me! They have customer service only if you want to pay them money. What a scam!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

We subscribed to the RingCentral office phone service. At that time the salesperson told us that we would have an initial 12 months term and that after the end of the term we can cancel with a 30 day notice. After 2.5 years we decided to terminate the service because it has been problematic and does not work reliably. The number forwarding does not work at all and keeps on sending the calls to VM. We were told that the contract renewed automatically without notice after the initial 12 months and that we would have to pay for the rest of the year if we were to terminate early. This is not what the salesperson told us when we signed the agreement. I would not recommend this service, it is very misleading and dishonest company.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I rarely write a negative review, but I wish someone would've warned me. We prepaid for a year of service, only to have them bump the cost from $500 to $10,000 after two months. We obviously canceled, being told we would get a partial refund, which we are still fighting to receive months later. They have tried every dirty trick in the book and are wasting time with excuses like, we didn't notify them. So we sent a record of no less than 3 emails and 4 phone calls stating the termination of services. Still no refund. Practices like this require this company to be shut down.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Almost impossible to get a-hold of anyone on the phone unless, of course, you want to upgrade or buy more services. THEN they answer right away. When I tried to cancel, I was repeatedly sent to a 'cancellation' extension line that would put me on hold for 30 minutes and then just go dead. Complete waste of my time. The service itself is not worth what they charge. Don't waste your time and money.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Message to Ring Central: I bought desktop phones that will not work though I spent 5 plus hours on the phone with config. I am running my business on the Reach app which isn't working well... I need desk phones. I have been in telecom for 20 years and recently switched industries so I know telecom and the customer service that should go with it. I will never suggest RingCentral to my former Verizon or Windstream customers nor will I suggest it to any of my new commercial insurance customers.

The main reason for this is that your product didn't work for me and you still wouldn't let me out of the contract since you gave me a small discount on the monthly service. This is VOIP so you are not leasing any local loops from the ILEC so you are not under any contract for loops to provide me service so you could easily let me out of my contract since I have also returned the equipment that I actually need - desktop phones. Your only basis for holding me to the service agreement is greed.

I'll be sure to spread the word and post this on your sites since you asked for my ratings and my opinion. You won't be receiving any referrals from me and I will be sure to spread the word on the negative experience that I had with your company - sent me phones that would not work on my network and refuse to let me out of my contract.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I've been humor Ring Central for pretty much 24 months primarily 'cause they'd not really let's depart the agreement in spite of getting plenty and a lot of difficulties. The internet user interface is actually ineffective as well as way too excessively complex. Whenever you diamond ring in order to straighten out difficulties the actual experts tend to be located in the actual Philippines. As well as British capability isn't great. These people say goodbye with no one really wants to consider obligation with regard to something. The phone call high quality is actually great whenever this functions, nonetheless they deliver a good revise about the softphone each and every three or four several weeks which usually interferes everything upward.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

RingCentral's support is horrendously lacking. There are product enhancements requested by customers on the books for 4 or more years that should be fairly easy to implement, but those requests have been ignored by the product development team. It appears that the management of this company is not interested in providing the service that customer are requesting, but providing the service that suits management. We have had RC for a few years and will be switching to something else as soon as we can.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Terrible organization. Steer clear. I've 115 cell phones together as well as I am departing. Poor telephone program as well as customer support is actually even worse compared to DMV. The service provided by them was inconvenient as well as time consuming, so it was a terrible experience. I never recommend to RingCentral.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I need my office phone and cell phone to ring at the same time when I receive any phone call on my office line. I have contacted Customer NO Service with RingCentral for the 3rd time to get this fixed. Each time they advised that it was fixed, it worked when we tested in and then stops working. I'm tired of talking to people in a 3rd world country who can't speak English clearly. Selecting RingCentral was a BAD Choice for my company.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Their customer service is totally terrible. Ever since I first signed up they have certainly changed the way they deal with customer service. The service provided by them was inconvenient as well as time consuming, so it was a terrible experience. Pros: Absolutely nothing. Cons: Cancellation.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Terrible Customer Service. No maintenance on time. I am very disappointed with services of RingCentral. My clients were also disappointed with me because whenever they try to contact with me my phones were busy.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I had an preliminary 2 year agreement that ran through April 2018. My company was already in problems and I closed operations 11/29. I called to cancel services as well as was told that they automatically renew for an extra 2 years unless you cancel 29 days ahead of your initial contract end date. So I have no salary and no way to cancel. The customer service individuals were horrible and said that their collections agency will be coming after me for the full contract amount of one more 18 months.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I was a RingCentral customer for 7 years. In that time, my account never changed, I had the same setup and the same number of users, and I was consistently well under allowable usage since I only use the system for call routing and don't make use of the other features. However in spite of this, the amount they charged me annually more than TRIPLED over 7 years. At first it was small increases that while annoying, were tolerable to me (vs having to shop around and switch) then this year, they inexplicably DOUBLED my annual fee. They offer no explanation for this increase and can't even answer straightforward and simple questions about my account. Couldn't move to another company quick enough and would urge anyone to STAY AWAY.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

This company requires to go out of online business. Most detrimental of the most detrimental service you can obtain for your office. Been on hold for 50 minutes while I'm being kicked up to "Third Tier Help". I do not suggest RingCentral for businesses. Particularly small businesses.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

10/10 DO NOT RECOMMEND IF YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS. RingCentral is AWFUL. The phones are continuously malfunctioning, and when you call customer service they are clueless. They will transfer you from person to person and no one has the same answer or a way to help you. Every call takes hours, as they outsource their support team and read from scripts. Yeah, they're polite. But completely incompetent. I run two small business and have lost out on at least a week's worth of time/money in the last month alone trying to solve the issue with NO LUCK. DO NOT USE THEM! WORST SERVICE EVER.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

My business initially used Nextiva, but switched to RingCentral. We were locked into a contract and had the worse service - both product and customer service. The phones were constantly malfunctioning. We were unable to hear callers and they reported the same to us. This went on for months. We had dropped calls on a daily basis and people would ask if we were using a cell phone. I received emails from other businesses saying that they had tried to reach us, but our phones were busy or that they were "out of service". On several occasions, I called the number to the business from an outside line and had the same experience... Meaning I called my own phone number to my business and got a message saying it was out of service.

Whenever I called this company, I would have to deal with customer service reps in the Philippines that would read down from a script so any interaction had an unnecessary level of "politeness" that made the whole process at least twice as long. They never were able to fix the issues, even after we spent thousands having an outside technician assist. Worst experience I have ever had with a company. We later switched to Vonage and had no issues.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I've been with RingCentral for a few months now. Their service is INCREDIBLY bad. The phone line itself is fine but when you need technical support no one there seems to know what they're doing. You can speak to three different people and get three different answers - and none of them is right. I'm locked into a contract with them and I'll ride it out but holy toledo their services is the pits.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I have been using RingCentral for 8 months. The quality and service is good, I would say 7/10. The problem is that they changed my bill from $89 a month for one line with one extra toll free number to $325 per month. They changed the way they are billing. What I was getting for free they don't give anymore. I had everything setup based on what they told me at the start, and now they changed it. Now I have to seek another company to switch to. Switching is a pain. But, for that kind of price increase, I have to switch.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

Impossible to make heads or tails of the system; Any time there is a (frequent) issue, takes HOURS to get adequate assistance - they are tone deaf for business operations; Locked into contract which I'm actually considering buying out of so I never have to call their out-of-the-country, poorly communicating "tech support" ever again; Too large of a company to ever give consideration to small business needs and efficiencies, and have No Incentive to do better. Just awful.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

We are RingCentral CLIENTS and get badgered by their sales team at least once a week, a different person from RingCentral calls with the SAME offer, many of these individuals claiming they're offering something different and it's the same waste of time. Each representative is quick to mention they don't see any notes about our disinterest, clearly the system RingCentral uses for keeping record must be pen and paper that gets tossed in the bin. Unimpressed. RingCentral is going to drive away their own client. I also find it interesting that their representatives can take the time to make the same near-automated call, yet can't take the time to ask what we think of our service, offer a deal that is actually helpful rather than some upgrade promotion, etc...

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

Their customer service is absolutely terrible. Ever since I first signed up they have obviously changed the way they handle customer service. The Service provided by them was inconvenient and time consuming, so it was a horrible experience.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

This company seriously tries to scam your money away. Every time I contact the customer service and ask to transfer to the billing department (I wanted to cancel my service) the call got disconnected, after 5 times I realized they were doing it on purpose, so no one can cancel the plan. Their customer service are also the least professional I have seen. One time I told a guy that I wanted to be re-connected to the previous person I spoke with and I said it was a woman, he kept insisting it was a man but I told him I was sure the voice was a woman, then he said "oh, he is gay that's why he sounds like a woman". I was shocked! Did they not go through any training at all? BTW, they are all located in South America/India, you won't be able to get anyone that is a native speaker and sometimes they simply could not understand my request.

RingCentral expert review by Ellen Muraskin

RingCentral has over a decade of experience in the VoIP industry and has served more than 300,000 customers.​

• All-inclusive phone system: Their all-inclusive system includes conferencing, mobile app, user-friendly interface for adds, changes and multimedia communication.

• Accent on collaboration: RingCentral embraces the less-email trend with an app/interface, called Glip, which integrates task and calendar management, instant messaging and file sharing à la Slack.

• Accent on integration: Built as an open platform from the ground up, RingCentral's industry-standard APIs and SDK let your developers easily integrate your communications into key business processes and applications. Out-of-the-box integrations include Outlook, Salesforce.com, Box, ZenDesk, Google and Oracle.

• Reasonable rates: Plans start as low as $24.99 per month per user.

• Offers toll free to customers: Using RingCentral services, businesses can quickly and easily set up toll-free numbers for customer use.

• Best for: Small businesses and large corporations.

Profile picture of Ellen Muraskin
    Ellen Muraskin VoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

RingCentral Company Information