Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.56/5

Looking for a good VoIP provider?

RingCentral is a cloud-based global telephone system for all types of businesses. With RingCentral, moving your business phone system to the cloud is easy & straightforward. Our cloud platform allows for easy to access to secure voice, fax, text, audio conferencing, and online meetings. No matter how many office locations you have, our team of experts at RingCentral are ready to set everything up for you and allow for a smooth transition. Contact us today.

RingCentral Reviews

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

I was previously with Verizon. While they were great for my small business needs, they were getting expensive. I signed a contract with RingCentral and immediately got nervous with the reviews. They were all bad. I had already signed my agreement, noticed I had a 30-day clause, and stuck with it. Transferring the lines over was a little complicated, but I used the chat feature on Ring Central's website, and they walked me through. NO PROBLEMS. Any issues I have run into, their chat feature was there. It was quick and painless.

The pricing is better than Verizon's. I could probably go back to Verizon, and claim I'm getting a deal somewhere else to have them cut the price down... But Ring Central has more features. I love the app, in house texting, and can call from my cell while using the office number. I no longer have to let clients know my cell... So, why so many BAD reviews? No one feels the need to voice their opinion when they're happy. Only when they want their complaints to be expressed. I never put helpful reviews out there either. - So, here ya go! A good review. A Happy Customer, Kaitlyn.

RingCentral response
        Kaitlyn, Thank you so much for your review.

We're thrilled to hear about your experience and are grateful to you for taking the time to share it.

We're going to send over a private response, as we'd love to learn more.

Keep in touch!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

The Best Cloud PBX Available. I have been using RingCentral for several years and have even recommended it to friends with this type of need. I am extremely happy with the entire company as a whole from price, features, phones, and tech support. I am a heavy user meaning that I use a majority of the offered features; desk phone, softphone, mobile app, fax, conference calls, video meetings, remote control of end-user PCs for support and I find that everything works as advertised.

Any of the few times that I have actually needed the assistance of tech support, the staff were quick to respond, knowledgeable, and polite. My issues were always resolved in a single phone call. The price has never gone up or as in some of the reviews that I have read here, doubled so I can't understand where these comments are coming from. It is as if they are talking about a completely different company. I have and still do recommend RingCentral to people. My experience has never been what I have been reading on this review site.

RingCentral response
        Great news, Edward! We love to hear about customers thriving with our products!

We'll shoot you a private response, if you'd like to share more! THANK YOU!

Get expert buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I have been using RingCentral phone services for my small business for over a year now. The service in terms of calls (making, receiving, forwarding and voicemail), faxes (send/receive), video chat, and much more. You will not go wrong as a small business having RingCentral phone or should I call it "Communication Services". When I have had issues with setup, diagnosing issues, etc. the RingCentral Support has been timely, professional, very knowledgable, and always fixed the issue on the first contact. The cost, the services, the support and the ability to expand as your business grows is a sound business decision.

RingCentral response

We love hearing this, Ralph! We're super appreciative of your feedback.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

I had to contact customer support a few times and each time I found the customer service reps helpful, friendly and professional. The phone quality is at times scratchy but in three years not much to complain about with RingCentral. The system has gotten too complicated to manage on my own. Tech support helps with any changes needed and testing is done to make sure features are working as needed. This service meets the needs of my small business with two locations in two different states.

RingCentral response

Elizabeth! Thank you so much for your feedback. We're glad to hear you feel supported. We're always working to improve and your experience is very important to us.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I have a small insurance agency and decided to have a soft client with CableOne now Sparklight. It was a complete nightmare and they finally told me I was the only one using a soft client. So, RingCentral has been a breeze. It was easy to setup and the transition has been smooth. The people have been very friendly and responsive. No problems yet....

Andy,

So great to hear you're having a great experience! We appreciate your feedback. Please reach out if we can support you further.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RingCentral?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Their systems work generally well. However, if you have an issue good luck getting support. They have a revolving door of management and your "account manager" is largely non-existent. It takes forever for them to reply to email and there is no one in their support organization that can make a decision. I had 20 licenses with RC. Their support is located in the Philippines and those folks can not make any decisions. They can not deviate from the rule book at all even on common sense issues. Even canceling is a project. You need to call exactly 30-days before your contract ends. Their meeting "WebEx like" service is rebranded Zoom. Zoom now has VoIP and I switched to them for $15 per softphone. Excellent customer service. So I get everything I had with RC for much less with US-based support. It is a no-brainer. Use Zoom!

RingCentral response

Thanks for your feedback, John. We'll take this back to the appropriate teams for their review.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

I signed up for a free trial for a phone line. I tried it for just three days and didn't like the service, and I've now called customer service over 7 days and left more than ten voicemails without a single call back. I also did get through to a salesperson who promised me someone would call me back but never received any calls, At this point, I'm going to end up having to dispute credit card charges because I can't find a way to cancel my service before the trial is up. And because they act as a scam company.

RingCentral response

Sam, sorry for this frustrating experience. Please reach out to us - we'll shoot over a private response with contact information.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
          Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

I had been a RingCentral customer for years and years. I noticed I was being charged extra one month. I called in and was transferred so many times, then hung up on twice! After two hours, I finally reached someone who told me I was being charged extra because I went over my minutes. This was due to spam numbers calling me which I didn't feel was fair. They could see that I never picked those numbers up. I saw that other 800 number services offered unlimited minutes, so I tried to cancel.

Apparently my account rep had to cancel, and she wasn't in today! They told me to call back another day! I called back and was on hold for over an hour before my account rep finally was still unable to cancel the account. Come to find out, based on other reviews, people are leaving RingCentral in droves because of crazy bad customer service and extreme wait times. They could simply have a button to cancel the account, but they make you call in and wait for hours to cancel. I finally ended up cancelling through their customer service chat. It's too bad because I was with RingCentral for nearly 10 YEARS! They didn't value my time, they had terrible customer service that hung up on me, and they were extremely difficult to cancel, so I left them. Reading other recent reviews all over the internet, it appears they're going downhill fast!

RingCentral response

Thanks for your feedback, Mann. We're always working to improve and will take your feedback to the respective teams.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
          Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I have had this service for almost a year and was never able to get my VOIP phone connected. Furthermore, they suspended my subscription prior to the contract end date without notifying of the date of renewal/suspension date. I tried to contact customer service when first notified about the annual payment in writing as a response to an email and got no reply back. I tried calling the number listed (888-528-7464) on the Internet and that was not in service.

RingCentral response

Marsha, That's strange! Can we help further? Please reach out to us - we'll send over a private response to gather more details.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
          Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

I think I signed up with RingCentral about 14 years ago. I paid $99 for a package with a toll free number. The rates were steadily increasing. I do not recall needing support in this time. System was solid. Trouble started a year ago when suddenly the rate increased over 33% without adding any value. The rate increase was unannounced from $162 to $258. I managed to solve this with an agent at that time. Paid around $190 though.

This year another increase was announced. I opened several tickets to find out what the actual rate would be. No response. Three days after opening the third ticket some rep called me and gave me a price for at least $299. An increase of about $108. I then asked him to switch my annual billing to monthly. I never received any confirmation for that. Again I am in the unknown with RingCentral. I do not understand how a company can treat their (long time) customers like this. Now I was looking for options and signed up with a different VOIP company who I have a different phone system with. According to that company, RingCentral keeps denying the transfer. We are just making the 3rd attempt to transfer my number. What happened to this company?

RingCentral response

Matt, we're sorry to hear about these issues. We'd like to help. We'll send over a private response and hope to hear from you soon.

Not sure about RingCentral?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right VoIP provider for you.

RingCentral expert review by Ellen Muraskin

RingCentral has over a decade of experience in the VoIP industry and has served more than 300,000 customers.​

• All-inclusive phone system: Their all-inclusive system includes conferencing, mobile app, user-friendly interface for adds, changes and multimedia communication.

• Accent on collaboration: RingCentral embraces the less-email trend with an app/interface, called Glip, which integrates task and calendar management, instant messaging and file sharing à la Slack.

• Accent on integration: Built as an open platform from the ground up, RingCentral's industry-standard APIs and SDK let your developers easily integrate your communications into key business processes and applications. Out-of-the-box integrations include Outlook, Salesforce.com, Box, ZenDesk, Google and Oracle.

• Reasonable rates: Plans start as low as $24.99 per month per user.

• Offers toll free to customers: Using RingCentral services, businesses can quickly and easily set up toll-free numbers for customer use.

• Best for: Small businesses and large corporations.

by Ellen Muraskin VoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

RingCentral Company Information