Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.25/5

RingCentral is a cloud-based global telephone system for all types of businesses. With RingCentral, moving your business phone system to the cloud is easy & straightforward. Our cloud platform allows for easy to access to secure voice, fax, text, audio conferencing, and online meetings. No matter how many office locations you have, our team of experts at RingCentral are ready to set everything up for you and allow for a smooth transition. Contact us today.

RingCentral Learn More

Start receiving calls today

Manage Your Business Phone System with Dash from VirtualPBX

Get started

Start receiving calls today

Manage Your Business Phone System with Dash from VirtualPBX

Get started

RingCentral Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RingCentral?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RingCentral?

Original review: July 20, 2020

I have just started my service with RingCentral and have found that their customer support from sales to questions I had setting up my phone and service has been excellent. I work from home and needed an office phone to conduct work. After asking around and reading several reviews I chose RingCentral. The process has been seamless for the most part, I had 2 minor issues (self imposed) during the set up of my desk phone, but I called customer support and they were quick to respond and took care of my issues. I might add as well that I did not have to go through endless questions with a computer generated problem solver - went right to a person and resolved everything. They resolved my answer message that sent all calls directly to voice mail as well as an issue with my extension not dialing outside numbers.

Both issues were a result of how I had originally set up my service when I received my phone. Had I followed my account Rep's suggestion to have him on the phone during set-up I'm sure these issues would not have occurred. Another reason I rated them 4-star is that during the initial sign-up the account manager matched my needs with the service package (which was not the most expensive one) as well as the phone I needed to meet my needs. Refreshing to work with a company that places the needs of their customer ahead of sales. Professional, Friendly, and patient across the board.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

I was previously with Verizon. While they were great for my small business needs, they were getting expensive. I signed a contract with RingCentral and immediately got nervous with the reviews. They were all bad. I had already signed my agreement, noticed I had a 30-day clause, and stuck with it. Transferring the lines over was a little complicated, but I used the chat feature on Ring Central's website, and they walked me through. NO PROBLEMS. Any issues I have run into, their chat feature was there. It was quick and painless.

The pricing is better than Verizon's. I could probably go back to Verizon, and claim I'm getting a deal somewhere else to have them cut the price down... But Ring Central has more features. I love the app, in house texting, and can call from my cell while using the office number. I no longer have to let clients know my cell... So, why so many BAD reviews? No one feels the need to voice their opinion when they're happy. Only when they want their complaints to be expressed. I never put helpful reviews out there either. - So, here ya go! A good review. A Happy Customer, Kaitlyn.

RingCentral response
Kaitlyn, Thank you so much for your review.

We're thrilled to hear about your experience and are grateful to you for taking the time to share it.

We're going to send over a private response, as we'd love to learn more.

Keep in touch!

Get buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

The Best Cloud PBX Available. I have been using RingCentral for several years and have even recommended it to friends with this type of need. I am extremely happy with the entire company as a whole from price, features, phones, and tech support. I am a heavy user meaning that I use a majority of the offered features; desk phone, softphone, mobile app, fax, conference calls, video meetings, remote control of end-user PCs for support and I find that everything works as advertised.

Any of the few times that I have actually needed the assistance of tech support, the staff were quick to respond, knowledgeable, and polite. My issues were always resolved in a single phone call. The price has never gone up or as in some of the reviews that I have read here, doubled so I can't understand where these comments are coming from. It is as if they are talking about a completely different company. I have and still do recommend RingCentral to people. My experience has never been what I have been reading on this review site.

RingCentral response
    Great news, Edward! We love to hear about customers thriving with our products!

We'll shoot you a private response, if you'd like to share more! THANK YOU!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I have been using RingCentral phone services for my small business for over a year now. The service in terms of calls (making, receiving, forwarding and voicemail), faxes (send/receive), video chat, and much more. You will not go wrong as a small business having RingCentral phone or should I call it "Communication Services". When I have had issues with setup, diagnosing issues, etc. the RingCentral Support has been timely, professional, very knowledgable, and always fixed the issue on the first contact. The cost, the services, the support and the ability to expand as your business grows is a sound business decision.

RingCentral response

We love hearing this, Ralph! We're super appreciative of your feedback.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

I had to contact customer support a few times and each time I found the customer service reps helpful, friendly and professional. The phone quality is at times scratchy but in three years not much to complain about with RingCentral. The system has gotten too complicated to manage on my own. Tech support helps with any changes needed and testing is done to make sure features are working as needed. This service meets the needs of my small business with two locations in two different states.

RingCentral response

Elizabeth! Thank you so much for your feedback. We're glad to hear you feel supported. We're always working to improve and your experience is very important to us.

Original review: July 29, 2020

Been with Ring Central for not quite 2 years. The services are OK, but when COVID killed most of our business and we wanted out of the contract, they wouldn't let us. They did not offer to reduce the services to something more appropriate for our current level of business and would not consider doing so. They were unwilling to consider reducing the rates. They offered to let us "buy out" our contract at the exact amount we would pay to keep the current level of service (in other words, they are happy to take the money and not provide the service). Even if our business recovers in the future, we will leave them (or not come back). As you can see from other reviews, even with customers who have had it worse than us, Ring Central has been merciless. Morality and ethics are absent. Do yourself a favor and do NOT do business with them in the first place.

Original review: July 16, 2020

It is extremely disappointing that RingCentral will not give a prorated discount to customers who chose to sign with them a couple weeks before COVID-19 pandemic, then were forced to shut down. Literally every other company was willing to do something to help, but their response is "sorry, read the terms, company policy." I haven't made a single call or even received a call in months, it's incredible that there's no help when a company isn't operating. Even without the pandemic, the service is too expensive for what it offers. There's a number of better VoIP providers out there that I should have gone with instead and have better running apps and software. Beware if you're a small business!

Original review: July 14, 2020

I have tried calling multiple times to cancel my service plan which they double charged me for, did not set up correctly and could not assist me in correcting when I called the tech support. When I tried to cancel, I was transferred and hung up on multiple times and never tried to call me back. They have complete disregard for their customer service and make it extremely difficult to cancel, causing me to lose a lot of time on just trying to have the cancellation completed. Horrible!

Original review: July 6, 2020

I have a small law office with myself and 2 part-time assistants who often work offsite online and answering phones. I used Ring Central successfully and without any issues for approximately 2 years. About 2 months ago our lines stopped ringing. By that I mean, the phone lines would not ring and callers would go straight to voicemail. Tech support said we had to set up my assistant's line on a operate extension. This is despite the fact that we had no issues for 2 years preceding this. We changed the setup. The problem would re-appear every other day or so. They keep telling us that we need to set up separate extensions, but they had already done that and the problem continued.

Between my office staff and myself we have lost maybe 10-12 hours on the phone or online chat with Tech support, not to mention an unknown amount of lost business and potential clients. Ring Central is unable to explain why the system worked without any issues for years. Then when we change the setup to what they suggest, the problem actually becomes much worse. I cannot tell you how many times we heard the phrase "I have no explanation." They clearly do not understand their product and as a result, they cannot fix the problem. If receiving calls from potential clients or customers is important to your business, stay far away. If you think that the best way to handle client calls is to send them all straight to voicemail, then this is the company for you. Again I will stress...stay far away.

Original review: July 2, 2020

We initially signed up with RingCentral when they were partnered with AT&T for our small business. The support was great at that time - very responsive and their support agents would walk you through setting everything up. Fast forward a bit and AT&T terminated their relationship with RingCentral. Their support went down the tubes. We are a small hair salon and were closed for three months due to COVID. They messed our phone system up so much during this time. Even before that, I had called to ask when we could cancel our service. Not only did I call, I messaged them through their "chat" feature and emailed their support. They wouldn't let me cancel until the last month of our contract.

When I called back that month to cancel, of course, no one ever answered. They are now telling me I missed the cancellation window and it will be a $1500 termination fee to cancel. Save yourselves from a complete nightmare and research other reliable phone companies that have good customer support. Stay away from RingCentral unless you enjoy poor service and the runaround.

RingCentral author review by Ellen Muraskin

RingCentral has over a decade of experience in the VoIP industry and has served more than 300,000 customers.​

• All-inclusive phone system: Their all-inclusive system includes conferencing, mobile app, user-friendly interface for adds, changes and multimedia communication.

• Accent on collaboration: RingCentral embraces the less-email trend with an app/interface, called Glip, which integrates task and calendar management, instant messaging and file sharing à la Slack.

• Accent on integration: Built as an open platform from the ground up, RingCentral's industry-standard APIs and SDK let your developers easily integrate your communications into key business processes and applications. Out-of-the-box integrations include Outlook, Salesforce.com, Box, ZenDesk, Google and Oracle.

• Reasonable rates: Plans start as low as $24.99 per month per user.

• Offers toll free to customers: Using RingCentral services, businesses can quickly and easily set up toll-free numbers for customer use.

by Ellen Muraskin VoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

RingCentral Company Information