1.07/5

Looking for a good VoIP provider?

RingCentral

RingCentral is a cloud-based global telephone system for all types of businesses. With RingCentral, moving your business phone system to the cloud is easy & straightforward. Our cloud platform allows for easy to access to secure voice, fax, text, audio conferencing, and online meetings. No matter how many office locations you have, our team of experts at RingCentral are ready to set everything up for you and allow for a smooth transition. Contact us today.

Looking for a good VoIP provider?

189 RingCentral Consumer Reviews

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: June 20, 2019

I have had RingCentral about 2 years. I originally had all portal phones. After 2 years, they all stopped working. I decided to buy 2 desktops and 1 portal to replace the phones I previously had. I did not add anything, just replaced. I asked specifically if my bill would change at all, and was told it would not. I got the new phones and I had one time increase that showed the new phones. After the 2nd and 3rd bill, it showed I was being charged an additional $44 for a second digital line. I talked to support and they went through the bill with me but did not really explain why it resulted in an additional digital line. Again, I did not change my plan, or my service. I simply replaced phones that did not work with new phones.

I have one extension that goes to another portable that no longer works either and that line is forwarded to my husbands cell phone. When I asked if I could delete that line, my rep told me I would be charged an early termination fee because I was in contract. I stated I was not asking to drop my service. Just a line on the service and asked to verify that I would be charged an early termination fee. She said yes it would be charged to me. This company has no ability to even explain a charge to me. They just arbitrarily add fees and cannot explain why. I think the service is ok, works well most times, but the overall experience is just too frustrating for me. Going to start shopping and when my contract is 30 days from expiring, I hope to be ready to change to a better company.

RingCentral response
      Michelle, this sounds frustrating! We'd like to help if we can!

Please reach out to us at review @ ringcentral.com and we'll see if we can't get someone to explain.

Your feedback is important to us and we hope to hear from you soon.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: June 17, 2019

I send a fax when I need to, typically email is the way to go these days. Every once in a while, a fax is required. I recently changed jobs and have no access to fax machine. So I couldn't remember which online service offered free faxes. RingCentral came up near the top of the list. Well, I have moved overseas, the fax was to be sent to my bank in the U.S. requesting a wire transfer (the require this) so you can see where this is headed. SO I tried to sign in and send a fax. RingCentral could not "verify" my US number. I'm not sure how they verify, but ok. I stopped at that point in creating my account, without having attempted sending a fax. I closed the page and found another service and sent my one fax for $1.99. Free would be good, but I'm not complaining.

Then the phone calls started. To my "unverified" number. I received 3 calls and at least one voice message (+1 without a message left). I ignored this. The next day I received two more, and one email. I replied to the email, and called the number back and left a voice message to stop calling me please. Likewise the email said something similar, and if they don't I will have to complain formally.

Then 24 hours pass. Then the emails and calls started again. I want to point out the calls are all different so if you block a number, they keep changing numbers (this is otherwise known as "spoofing"...very shady) and all the emails I get are from different people from within the company. If you tell one person, they probably don't communicate (recall I asked twice to stop) with each other, very shady.

I am now 48 hours call and email free (fingers crossed) but I never completed my account... I moved on, and that just isn't ok with companies like this. The worst ever was University of Texas, I wanted to view a webpage about a graduate program and it prompts for phone number to continue. They called for the next 4 years, 2 years into my graduate degree at another school. I don't want to repeat that.

RingCentral response
      John, Sorry to hear about your difficult experience.
      Although you've moved to another provider, we take your feedback seriously.

If you have further feedback or we can provide additional assistance, please reach out to us

Get expert buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: June 6, 2019

We have use this company for our company phones and faxes for the last three years. The customer service is atrocious. Tech-support is absolutely no help. Any issues that arise as our customer representatives account manager was no help and so rude. Never in my life have I ever used a company as bad as them. I would not recommend them to anyone. I would never use them again if they were the last company on earth. Everyone that works there are complete idiots. They charge what they want. Change your bill. Automatically take money out and then they have no reason for it. They try to talk their way around lines they add one more. Don’t ask for them or ask them to take the lien off. Don’t want to refund any money. Want to keep charging you. When you call about the statement there’s no explanation except that you’re going to pay it.

RingCentral response
      We're disappointed to hear about your experience and would like to help if we can.

Please reach out to us and we'll do our best to address your concerns. Your feedback is important to us - we hope to hear from you.

Original review: May 31, 2019

The company I work for uses RingCentral's VoIP service for our phones and the service has been lackluster, to begin with, but god forbid something goes wrong because their customer service is run by donuts. We rely on this service for our customer phone number (huge mistake) and we have been out all week with absolutely zero help from RingCentral. I have called them every day of the week and spent hours on hold all for band-aid fixes by people who couldn't tell you what the company does apart from whatever scripts they're fed. I'm sure the individuals working there are fine people but their management and quality control is just embarrassing. Anything that you need help with will lead to a rabbit hole of referring you to other representatives. No matter how much you think you need their service, do not use it. Hire some computer nerd on the internet for $50 and I guarantee you will be more satisfied.

RingCentral response
      This sounds frustrating and we'd like to help. Can you or your company Admin reach out to us?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: May 18, 2019

After 10 years of being ripped off by RingCentral, I'm done. Customer service never answers, they auto-bill the hell out of you for services never agreed to, constantly changing plan costs, passing you around to different departments, horrible company. One more thing - you have to call to cancel, and that department is never, ever open to take calls.

RingCentral response
      Nathan, we're sorry to lose a long time customer. We're eager to connect with you to hear you and make it right or receive your valuable feedback so we can be better.

We are appreciative of your insight and encourage you to contact us.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RingCentral?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: May 13, 2019

I don't want to start with the history of the dinosaurs. We were with RingCentral for about 3 1/2 years and our experience with technical support was excellent. A few months ago the problems began. Missed calls, calls dropped, phones suddenly off-line, and the list goes on. I must've spent over 100 hours trying to have RingCentral fix the problem. They couldn't and every time one of their technicians fixed one problem it caused another. Finally they said it must be a hardware issue and we would need to buy new phones. I knew that wouldn't work and it didn't solve the problem.

The last technician said I need to call all the phone providers of customers who were having trouble getting through. They wouldn't give us a refund on the phones. We changed providers and couldn't be happier. Stay away from this company. RingCentral will no longer be with us by year end. Reading the reviews, it appears the problems began around the same time ours did and similar tech response. Horrible technicians who have no clue. I'm surprised they know how to dial a phone.

RingCentral response
      Thanks for your feedback, Rex. We're really sorry that we weren't able to resolve your issues.

If you'd like to share more about your experience, we'd love to hear your thoughts. Please reach out to us.

Original review: May 9, 2019

I have never had such a horrible service from a company representative. The name of so called Senior Account Manager is Liam. If he were working under my company I'd probably fire him and the person who hired him simply because of his inability to speak English and ignorance of customer service 101 and talking extremely rudely to a customer. When you piss off a customer by providing horrible service and using an unprofessional rendition and attitude, you do not deserve to be a senior account manager.

I called to add a line to our account that already has quite a few lines in it. In the past, I had managed and administered addition of these accounts. From beginning to the end, it used to take an hour or less. This guy not only falsely claims that I am not authorized to make changes to add a line but he says that after charging our company through me. If I am not authorized to add line, how can you manipulate me to charge me for a whole year of account service and then tell me somebody else will call me to finalize the process. That is total **. I have never gotten so pissed off in my life and used so many words on a call. Whoever hired this guy must be fired!

Original review: May 1, 2019

The worse phone company. I have lost so many clients. The phone doesn’t ring. It hours straight to voice mail, and whole bunch of idiots from overseas answer the phone pretend to be technicians and don’t and can’t fix the problem. Stay away!!!

Original review: April 30, 2019

I'm a small business owner, one employee (myself) who started with RingCentral maybe 10 years ago, to have a toll-free number. Several years ago, I added 2 more numbers. This year, I no longer needed the other two numbers and wanted to keep just one of them. When I noticed that I was billed (automatically, without any notice) for the upcoming year for over $400, which was nearly double what I'd been paying, I called them twice and emailed twice, and never got a return call, so I contacted my credit card company to have the charges reversed. A month went by before I was finally emailed by one of RingCentral's people in charge of credit card chargebacks saying that my account was terminated and the numbers deactivated. Upon finally being contacted by someone there, I told her I originally just wanted to keep one number; she cc'd her reps to contact me, no one did until I followed up the next day telling her no one contacted me.

I then got a call from some guy who frankly didn't sound knowledgeable; he told me that I cannot keep the one number since my account was deactivated. Really? That number was gone already, after only being down for 2 days? I emailed the chargeback lady at RingCentral expressing my dismay over this, especially since the toll-free number is all over my marketing materials, and here's her answer: "Thank you for the update Paris. There are processes that needs to be adhered to. Unfortunately I am not privy when it comes to concerns such as concerns stated." Horrible, horrible customer service and if you're going to depend on them for follow up and prompt service, you'll most likely be disappointed.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I'm having the same issue as everyone else on this where the contract renewed automatically although I was told something different. Even when I walk through the string of emails with my account manager that clearly showed that I was not committing to a new term in the contract I got nowhere. And, also along with what other people of said, getting to talk to my account manager is a nightmare. No one else in the company can answer my question so they always direct me to this one person who I've grown to dislike immensely. I've noted in my calendar the day that my renewal is set to be done and if I do nothing else in this life I'm going to be sure to cancel it before it resets.

Original review: April 12, 2019

This is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with. They have lots of hidden fees and the worst customer service team I've ever come across. The sales team will tell you what you want to hear and then when your bill is 3 times as much as expected they will just tell you a bunch of mumbo jumbo and disconnect the call. Expect to be on the phone with them for 2 hours every time you call.

Original review: April 10, 2019

As most of the other reviewers have pointed out, this company uses shady sales techniques to lure you into signing a contract which does not include the terms that you discuss with your sales rep. I spoke with a sales rep in 2016 who assured me that after one year I would be on a month to month contract and could cancel at anytime without penalty. Service was decent to be honest during our use of the company. I had no complaints, however we needed to move on to another company for pricing reasons. I called to cancel my contract and what do you know apparently the contract I signed could not be cancelled and the rep on the phone told me I had signed a commitment.

I want to be very clear here, it is considered misrepresentation when a company tells you one thing during the sales process, and the contract includes something completely contradictory. The sales rep asked me multiple times if I had read the contract to ensure the terms were what the sales rep told me. If the rep tells me there is no cancellation penalty and no commitment and then presents me with a contract that is contradictory that is misrepresentation. I HIGHLY recommend staying away from this company, below average admin portal for management, shady and borderline illegal sales techniques, and god awful customer service (outsourced to somewhere). USE ANOTHER COMPANY FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

Original review: April 9, 2019

We purchased a one-line service to manage our timekeeping system and we started the process in early March. They stated we had to pay before they could port our phone number from our current provider. We paid for a full year of service on March 11, 2019. On Saturday April 6, 2019 our phone line stopped working. RingCentral does not have any after hours or emergency technical support at all. We came in on Monday hoping to get everything resolved. But after spending hours on the phone we were finally told at 6 pm that we needed to send them a letter with all of our information on it even though they had a copy of our bill. Plus all of our company information was on our Service Agreement they sent us on 3/11/19!

I had RingCentral and Spectrum on 2 different phones on speaker and RingCentral continuously blamed Spectrum for not working with us and getting us what we needed! Once I got all the documents together and emailed I was told that it would be 5-7 business days before our service was ported over! I was then told by RingCentral to not contact them in the future and just wait for their technical department to contact us when service was back up and running.

I would never recommend this company to anyone ever. They only want your money and don't care to provide service! We requested multiple times to speak with a manager and on 2 occasions they disconnected the call, another occasion they stated the manager would call back in 1 hr (never happened). On the last call I was told the managers were all unavailable and could not be disturbed (WOW)!!!! We didn't do our homework in validating. This was an ethical and customer service driven company - we have now learned our lesson - can't wait until we can cancel this service!

Original review: April 3, 2019

When I signed up, my sales person told me that I could pay month to month after 1 year. Their service has been spotty at times and at times didn't receive calls. They are also the most expensive company out there!! I tried to cancel and was told I had to pay for 4 more months after being with them for 20 months. I was told if I did not pay, they would pursue legal action with collections. My new company, Nextiva is MUCH cheaper, much better service and they are month to month and you can cancel at anytime! Ring Central's sales people lie to get you locked in to a long contract and will sue if you don't pay even though they have many issues with their service. They told me they were located in the USA but EVERY person who I have spoke with in the the Philippines...

Original review: March 29, 2019

We were in the market for an updated system, to be more with the changing times. We wanted to text, to have a system where it would ring certain phones (extenstions). We wanted a customizable system. RingCentral promised all of that! With new phones and training. First off- be sure you read every piece of literature they email you, thoroughly with a fine tooth comb. Because they don't help you.

The trainer was totally scripted and could not answer any of my questions. No one said we need extra outlets and cat5/6 lines, it was all in the fine print. No one said we would lose phone service for half a day. We would have planned the obtaining of the phone number to happen when we weren't seeing patients. It is not customizable to what we needed. At all. I spent probably 40 hours trying to make it work, from multiple calls consisting of hours on the phone with techs. Getting additional email accounts set up which we didn't know we needed. Ordering parts from Amazon to try to make it work. We had the system for less than a month. Paid the $3000 and we cancelled it in the 30 day window.

Now- they just cancel it. Charge you a restocking fee... even though the phones we sent back were barely used. We only work 3 days a week... Do the math 3 days a week in 30 days. I had saved every plastic wrap and bubble wrap and twist tie. BUT to make things worse - they drop you like flies. We are a few months out now and still don't have our phone system back to the way it was prior to RingCentral taking over. We are now stuck and needing to spend more money to get our system back to actually working. They washed their hands as soon as we said, "No, this isn't working." I have nothing good to say about them. Complete waste of time and money. Read the fine print- they don't give you all of your money back in the "trial" period. Stay away from RingCentral.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I've cancelled this service twice. It was never activated and never used but RingCentral charged $269.10 without providing any service. After the first cancellation, I received an email asking me to activate the account again. I never activated it but they billed again the next month. This is the worst excuse for a business I've ever run across.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Takes HOURS to get to tech support, horrible service. Lost over $500 in 3 months because system did not work and they were unable to make it work as promised. Then refused to refund as we prepaid the year service - HORRIBLE!!!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

This company is the worst I have ever dealt with. They never got our system functioning and charged us, not accepting our concerns, making us pay. I wish that I had spent the money to try to fight their contract long ago instead of thinking that they were better people than that and would work to help get it online. We even were going to have to pay on outside source to have to set up the system for us!! How ridiculous is it that people can make a living setting up software for a company that they have nothing to do with because the company is so terrible at it! When trying to downgrade and cancel the program they tell me I owe restocking fees, and have to pay out a contract that they have yet to be able to make function. It is the worst tech investment I have ever made in all my years as business owner. Don't waste your time or MONEY! DO NOT EVER DO SERVICE WITH THEM!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

We've been with RingCentral for about 9 months. It took the last 3 to get out of our contract. You contact customer support, and get no resolve to your problem. They couldn't even figure out how to fix one of our phones that was ringing 2 hours later than every one of our other phones. That was our employee that figured out that it was on a different time zone that what we're in! We've been missing calls, the phones don't work as we need them to, we have to change our hours on a weekly basis, and guess what! We have three places we have to change it in, if we don't, then we don't receive phone calls!

It's the worst system ever. Now we've gotten out of our contract, they won't port over because our corporate name and DBA name are two different names, and they can't get it through their heads that it is the same company. Plus the name on the account has to be the EXACT SAME on the porting documents. What if that person doesn't work here anymore? I tried calling to see if they could possibly accept what we filled out, NOPE! Not the same company, and not the same name. Take your business elsewhere!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Signed up for RingCentral as a future-forward option of VOIP, unfortunately, it was short-lived, with terrible reception, customers complaining about the quality and not taking the business calls seriously as some calls sound like you are calling from a different country where telecommunications are dated. The staff was unhappy with reliability. RingCentral provides a lot of useless bells and whistles which upfront sound amazing but for the cost, you already might have the same options available to you through your other partners. (example RingCentral meetings, we have Skype for business which functions more reliably and is well known by our clients).

The main key point is customer service, it is almost non-existent, I had an automated email from "account manager" when we signed up and no support since. Till a year later when we canceled, and another "account manager" sent an automated email stating they are now our new account manager, again no real help, solutions or support. We had prepaid for the year and very proactive, however, when called in to cancel after our "term" ended, the agent canceled our service immediately, we had business disruption and lack of service, along with investing more time to call in to fix the issue created by them.

We moved to a more reliable and standard telecommunication company for time being which we can trust and when required easily port numbers out from. The numbers we had with RingCentral on our websites, materials, business cards will be useless as they don't support port out. But since we are proactive, this was a better business decision to take that hit early on instead of committing to more headache and misery for the future to save pennies now. At this point, if I can go back in time with my first year of service. With the number of alternate options available, I would never pick this as an option for a serious and growing business.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

If you need any type of customer service for existing customers, you will be OUT OF LUCK! I simply need to update credit card information for autodraft, could not receive help via telephone, chat or website. This is so they will get paid and I still can't get any help!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Do not use RingCentral at all for your phone or system provider. If you decide to use them never porting your phone to them, because you will never be able to port it out. They will always find something not to release your number. I'm trying for 3 months back and forth with the winning provider to port out my phone number and keep paying the monthly charges always find a reason not to release it.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

RingCentral ported my phones before the agreed upon date. I lost an entire day of calls. The customer service center is not helpful. You also can't speak to someone in the United States. Their escalation department is always in a meeting. It has been 2 weeks and counting to get my number ported back to my original phone provider. They may have good marketing because their service is so bad they have to compensate by delivering sub par services. Do yourself a favor. There are plenty of companies out there, DON'T USE RINGCENTRAL!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Think twice before using RingCentral. Your calls are route to the UK and the service sucks! Three weeks trying to get a number ported... Reason 1. Name is not spelled correctly 2. Address is incorrect. They won’t port it for the same reason each time. #ringcentral Office of the President calls and sends an email without an phone number asking how they can resolve my problem. (A phone company who refuses to give you a call back number) - problem #2.

During the conversation with @ringcentral rep she said, “ma’am I can’t hear you” and my reply, “exactly why I am getting rid of your company”. Your lines??? VOIP RingCentral uses a ringout system - in the middle of a conversation the caller is abruptly placed on hold and, the call is routed through your carrier. It appears that you are calling yourself - you must answer to rejoin the call. Yeah, it's crazy!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Auto-renewed our contract for 2 years when we ported over our number to another company and won't let us cancel or downgrade service unless we pay for the entire term of the 2-year contract we were forced into without our knowledge. Many technical issues including undelivered calls, dropped calls, and fax lines NEVER work for fax machines. Be prepared to spend days trying to get support from their support team and never get any help. You basically have to beg them to help but you never get anything other than their scripted responses, and they do not honor their SLAs. Buyer beware, stay away from RingCentral!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Save yourself the heartache and go to Phone.com. RingCentral was the absolute worst service and customer service I have ever received. Their year-long contracts are archaic and they have no regard for you as a person or a customer.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

We purchased 4 handsets and one base (VOIP) from RingCentral for $500. After spending more than 10 hours with tech support to get them to work. I was told I needed to purchase an additional 3 lines (I originally only had one line). After purchasing the 3 new lines for total of 4 lines, RingCentral tech support was still unable to get the lines to work right. At this point our bill went from $20/mo to $239/mo (just for the extra 3 lines). We'd miss the majority of calls altogether, sometimes we'd get a call, but it would drop. We were unable to make calls.

Then they said we needed to buy 3 more bases to get the system to work better. I didn't want to spend even more money to get these phones to work. We decided to go back to using just one line as we had been before (with success). Ring Central wouldn't let us out of the new contract for the additional 3 lines. I talked with customer support several times (a total of more than 12 hours), to get them to let me out of the contract because they said if I'd bought the extra 3 lines the phones would work - but they didn't.

Basically they didn't hold of their end of the deal but wanted me to make more purchases. I refused to pay more money - just wanted the one line again. So now I'm left with paying this new contract through until it ends in 9 months (it was a 12 month contract but 3 months have passed since I've been trying to get out of it). They should allow a customer out of a contract if they can't fulfill their end of the bargain - by getting their phones and lines to work. This is completely unacceptable!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

It took 3 months to cancel this service! I signed up using my credit card. I needed it only for 2-3 weeks for fax purposes. To cancel the service, you have to call. They have no other option. I canceled, but then the next month I'm charged again. They didn't want to refund. I canceled again and asked to remove my account. Next month I'm charged again! I called my bank and requested credit card replacement. Another month and another charge, but I can't even log in to the account. I had to go to my branch and show them everything on my laptop. I spent 2 hours with the banker.

After proving to my bank what happened they were able to replace the card number. I have no idea how RingCentral was able to charge my card with different exp date, etc. Now they can't charge because the card number is different. To make sure that this will not be reported to any credit bureau I started talking to all of them to make sure that RingCentral will never be related with me! They have customer service only if you want to pay them money. What a scam!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

We subscribed to the RingCentral office phone service. At that time the salesperson told us that we would have an initial 12 months term and that after the end of the term we can cancel with a 30 day notice. After 2.5 years we decided to terminate the service because it has been problematic and does not work reliably. The number forwarding does not work at all and keeps on sending the calls to VM. We were told that the contract renewed automatically without notice after the initial 12 months and that we would have to pay for the rest of the year if we were to terminate early. This is not what the salesperson told us when we signed the agreement. I would not recommend this service, it is very misleading and dishonest company.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I rarely write a negative review, but I wish someone would've warned me. We prepaid for a year of service, only to have them bump the cost from $500 to $10,000 after two months. We obviously canceled, being told we would get a partial refund, which we are still fighting to receive months later. They have tried every dirty trick in the book and are wasting time with excuses like, we didn't notify them. So we sent a record of no less than 3 emails and 4 phone calls stating the termination of services. Still no refund. Practices like this require this company to be shut down.

RingCentral expert review by Ellen Muraskin

RingCentral has over a decade of experience in the VoIP industry and has served more than 300,000 customers.​

• All-inclusive phone system: Their all-inclusive system includes conferencing, mobile app, user-friendly interface for adds, changes and multimedia communication.

• Accent on collaboration: RingCentral embraces the less-email trend with an app/interface, called Glip, which integrates task and calendar management, instant messaging and file sharing à la Slack.

• Accent on integration: Built as an open platform from the ground up, RingCentral's industry-standard APIs and SDK let your developers easily integrate your communications into key business processes and applications. Out-of-the-box integrations include Outlook, Salesforce.com, Box, ZenDesk, Google and Oracle.

• Reasonable rates: Plans start as low as $24.99 per month per user.

• Offers toll free to customers: Using RingCentral services, businesses can quickly and easily set up toll-free numbers for customer use.

• Best for: Small businesses and large corporations.

Profile picture of Ellen Muraskin
      Ellen Muraskin VoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

RingCentral Company Information