3.1/5 (123 ratings)
Author picture
Written by
Edited by

About RingCentral

RingCentral offers an intuitive platform for voice, video meetings, team messaging and collaboration. From click-to-dial functionality to one-click video conferencing, everyone on your plan can readily access the same digital tools through a single, easy-to-use platform that works across office sites and mobile devices. Setup, deployment, and adoption is also easy, and IT can manage it all from anywhere. RingCentral supports all types of businesses, with plans built to each company’s size and needs. The plans can get expensive for large businesses, but the company promises no hidden fees.

Pros

• Four customizable plans
  • All-in one communications solution
  • 24/7 staff support and extensive resources
  • No hidden fees

Cons

• Not yet available in all countries
  • Might require contract

Bottom Line

RingCentral moves beyond a traditional VoIP service by providing one platform for voice, video meetings, a contact center and team messaging and collaboration. There are several plan options and price points available with no hidden fees.

What is RingCentral?

RingCentral is a comprehensive, cloud-based business communications solution that includes messaging, video, phone, fax and a contact center. The company designed the all-in-one platform to help businesses streamline its communication and eliminate the need to use separate applications for day-to-day calls, conferencing and online meetings.

RingCentral has more than 20 years of experience in the industry.

How does RingCentral work?

RingCentral works over the cloud to provide easy access to advanced communication solutions. When your business partners with RingCentral, it receives 24/7 customer support and access to a complete product knowledge base, customer community and RingCentral University resources.

RingCentral products

RingCentral’s VoIP services help replace traditional landline telephone technology with a streamlined approach to business communication. RingCentral VoIP is part of a secure and reliable virtual phone service that also leverages cloud PBX solutions.

In addition to traditional voice phone calls, businesses can get further communication services and perks like online meetings, SMS, team messaging and advanced call management features from RingCentral. The company provides a comprehensive cloud communications platform without the need for expensive wires and cabling. All you need is internet-connected devices like computers, laptops and mobile phones.

Specific RingCentral products include:

• RingCentral MVP: Includes messaging, video and phone services
  • RingCentral Video: Includes free video meetings and messaging
  • Contact Center: Handles inbound and outbound communication

RingCentral plans

RingCentral offers four MVP plans to choose from: Essentials, Standard, Premium and Ultimate. Each is centered on the number of users and the size of the business.

This plan offers messaging and phone services for $29.99 per user per month. With this option, you can get access to business phone or toll-free numbers with unlimited calls within the U.S. and Canada and business SMS. Voicemail-to-text, team messaging and document sharing are also included. This plan allows up to 20 users.
This plan offers messaging, phone and video services for $37.99 per user per month. It includes everything from the Essentials plan plus business phone numbers in more than 100 countries with unlimited internet fax and audio conferencing. Video meetings for up to 100 participants for up to 24 hours at a time are also available. This service comes with quality-of-service reports and 24/7 support. Businesses can also integrate this plan with common technologies like Office 365 and Slack.
This plan offers messaging, phone and video services for $44.99 per user per month. It includes everything from the Standard plan plus additional benefits designed to enhance productivity, including single sign-on, multi-site admin and management and hot desking. Video meetings are available with up to 200 participants for up to 24 hours at a time. Businesses also receive advanced call handling and recording, real-time analytics and access to more integrations, including Salesforce and Zendesk. Internal developers also get access to custom integrations and developer platforms.
This plan offers messaging, phone and video services for $59.99 per user per month. It includes everything from the Premium plan plus device status reports and status alerts. It also comes with unlimited storage.

RingCentral pricing

RingCentral's VoIP phone systems cost between $30 and $60 per user per month, though the company does offer discounts sometimes. The price depends on the features, capabilities and overall business goals.

The company offers a number of options that suit customer needs and budgets from the small business to enterprise customers. Pricing depends on features, capabilities and overall business goals. With transparent plans and pricing, businesses will know exactly what services and benefits they’re paying for. There are no hidden fees or charges with these services.

RingCentral FAQ

What is RingCentral MVP?
RingCentral MVP (message, video, phone) is a fully integrated platform that keeps each mode of communication and its relevant documents and links in one central space. This lets your team have video, team messaging and phone capabilities in a single mobile and desktop application for maximum flexibility.
What is RingCentral Contact Center?
RingCentral's Contact Center is an omnichannel solution that lets customers contact your company on the communication channel of their choice while giving agents access to the data needed to solve problems quickly and efficiently. The tool has an easy-to-use drag-and-drop development environment, and RingCentral offers multiple products and plans to improve the Call Center experience.
What is RingCentral Video?
RingCentral Video lets participants join instantly from a browser and access full meeting functionality.
What integrations does RingCentral offer?
RingCentral lets you integrate ready-to-use business apps and build your own with an open API platform. The open API platform enables communications integrations with popular business apps from Google, Microsoft, Salesforce, Okta, Zendesk and ServiceNow. It also lets your company's developers build custom apps and integrations.

Is RingCentral safe?

RingCentral uses seven layers of security and redundant data centers to ensure user protection and high availability, and it has experts monitoring and optimizing the platform 24/7 to ensure service remains at the highest level possible, with available 99.999% uptime SLA. RingCentral also uses geographically dispersed data centers and rigorous security processes to effectively shield you from system failure due to operational errors, cybercrime and natural disasters.

RingCentral Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RingCentral?

Original review: Oct. 11, 2022

RingCentral's service, features, and functionality are good. Their onboarding team is second to none. They are always there, they always answer the phone, they always help you solve your problem, and they are never in a hurry. For the first 60 days, they have a dedicated onboarding training to get your account set up. We're small and we don't have a whole lot of demand, but it's nice to have somebody to help you do things because that system is vast.

We needed the ability to record phone calls real time and we needed the ability to add additional numbers in the geography of where we're working with medical clinics. My partner and I have a nursing team that does its thing separately. We're based out of Charlotte and we're onboarding two clinics in Florida. We had to have the ability to acquire a number there and use that number to make outbound phone calls because we were calling patients on behalf of their clinic. That was really what we were looking to do and we has to record those.

If it wasn't for a couple of things, we would have chosen a different, simpler and lower cost product. But we had to have that and RingCentral was the best. For what it's worth, their system meets our needs, which is fairly modest. They can handle a 10,000-employee company with offices in three countries. Their system is extremely broad and it does a lot of stuff. They were very helpful.

We're very happy with RingCentral. The only downside I have is my nomadic life right now and having the bandwidth to do what needs to be done. I'm currently in an RV so my internet connection is not quite as awesome as I wish it was. RingCentral is a VoIP company and it's only as good as your bandwidth, so I'm working on that.

RingCentral response

Wow! Great to hear, Michael! Thanks so much for sharing this feedback! We're here if you need us - stay in touch!

Get buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

I live in a kind of rural area, and they were able to fit the bill with what I needed based on the upload/download. It worked out. The sales rep was very knowledgeable. The main thing was to determine the bandwidth that I have to work with. So they did check that and got back with me, and said, “Yeah, we could do that.” So that was very helpful. Then the next part came into the training piece of it, which was what they consider orientation. It was very well and thorough. It was step by step with everything. They did have one technological snafu in which the rep got on a separate line, called, and got everything worked out and fixed right away.

I have set up here a toll-free number, and then with that, RingCentral gave me a local fax number, which was kind of nice. So it’s like a dedicated fax line. It goes through digital, which is what I would rather do anyway. They also gave me a direct line as well. It seemed like it was fairly well put together. I liked it. It’s got more features that I have yet to learn how to use. But they were very good with it and I would push people to it.

RingCentral response

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're so happy to hear about your experience. We would love to hear more if you would like to share. Feel free to reach out to the Review Team via email. We've provided our email in a private response.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

I used RingCentral for calling other investors and individuals who are selling their properties. It’s useful being able to call directly from the computer without needing any type of phone lines, which is cost-effective. You can start a new business without having to have a cell phone or additional accounts with major carriers, which was the number one reason why we went with RingCentral. However, there are some other features as far as the texting part of it which is not so good. A lot of folks get a lot of calls from different spams and they are reluctant to answer their phone. So, I don't like the messaging piece. RingCentral does not have a good platform for that. Their SMS system is a joke. There are 250 SMS and even for the maximum premium plan. You would think premium is a lot more that you’re gonna get and the most you're only gonna get is 75 text messages for the entire month. And that's not gonna cut it.

I’ve made already 75 calls and they send out 75 text messages. You already utilized it even with paying the highest premium of plan that they have. So, ultimately, what you would have to do is pay that additional premium of $20, an add-on service every month for every choice, whether you're picking the low-end, the middle, or the premium. That's when you get the 2,000 text messages. So, that's something that wasn't thought out. It's almost as if you just plan to spend that additional 20 every month regardless of what plan you choose. And with that, I would just go with the lower end of the plan and get that 20 or go somewhere else because essentially, what it’s gonna put you at is you’re gonna be at the same level as the other competitors.

The customer service is awesome and the feature where you don't have to have the cell phone to transfer your number, you can just tap in simply on an app, on your computer, live, without using any other hardware other than that, that's perfect. But it's the text messaging piece. My mentor told me it used to be unlimited text messaging. So, he wasn't aware they've changed it. But the calling platform is perfect. The way the voice system is set up is professionally done. The customer service is lovely. It’s just those return calls. I need that return on investment with people engaging with us and calling us back, not thinking that we're spam callers even though it has the business name.

I liked the implementation team better than the person that set up my services. If I can get the same knowledge or engagement like the person part of the implementation team to have the same features and communication as the sales rep, that would be awesome. The level of expertise with the implementation team is awesome. I’m not saying the sales team isn’t but it's a totally different level. It seems like the sales team is limited because they can only tell you about the product that you have, whereas the implementation team goes above and beyond as far as telling you how you can set up everything, and they make it so user-friendly.

RingCentral response

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. If you need, feel free to contact Support here: https://support.ringcentral.com/contact-support.html you can even reach out to the Review Team via email. We've provided our email in a private response.

Original review: April 9, 2022

The desktop app works well but I came across some problems with the Chrome extension. The last time, it stopped working. I tried signing out and signing in again and that worked. I also have to quit on my computer. Before, it used to be on one of them. When I resigned in, it starts showing on both of the screens, which is uncomfortable for me. Recently, the Chrome extension stopped again. Before stopping, it worked very slowly. Someone suggested to me to delete and install it again. I did it and it worked. Three or four days ago, I deleted it again and I didn't have time to install it back.

The good thing with the Chrome extension is I don't need to copy the phone numbers on the website to the desktop application. The extension identifies the number on the website and calls it itself. That's what I need. Right now, I'm using the desktop application. On the website, I'm copying the phone numbers and pasting them on the application, which wastes my time a little. If RingCentral works on the extension and improves it, that will be perfect. RingCentral is helping a lot because we need to work on the desktop. So far, so good except for the Chrome extension. I already recommend RingCentral to my buddy. They're GoTo application. I tried this one but I didn't like it. RingCentral, on the other hand, is working.

RingCentral response

Thanks for this feedback, Alex! We're always working to improve and are happy to assist! Please reach out to us via the email we'll share in a private response.

Original review: March 3, 2022

I am wanting to record all my calls, so that's going to be very useful. Then there are some things for which I need to do a face-to-face with the client, and with things the way they are, I can’t. Plus, I want to expand my business to other states, so this is the best way to do it. Then we were doing a video call with one of my teammates, and it was really easy for her to jump on this video call, and we were doing it through RingCentral. I’ve also taken a couple of calls from clients using RingCentral. I'm actually wanting very much to call implementation today to see if they can help me finish getting set up and then also my team if they can help me train them.

So far, so good. This is going to help me have better contact with my clients, which has been lacking for the past two years, and not miss any calls and voicemails. It’s gonna make things very easy for me. There are so many things that I can do. I can actually synchronize with my CRM. So, just overall making it more efficient, and overall for my team to stay connected in a better way, and for my clients to get where they need to be easier.

RingCentral response
    Yana, we love to hear this! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience.

The Review Team is here to help! Please reach out if we can support you as you put everything in place.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

RingCentral is very deceptive in its business practice. I usually don't write bad reviews, but I believe the word needs to get out with this company. The biggest issue I have here is that I called to remove 3 lines and they ended up increasing the price of my overall existing lines. I couldn't remove (or downgrade) 3 lines without having to accept a price increase. They also don't make it easy to manage licenses and digital lines, you have to call in and sit on the phone with support, just so they can make the changes to your account.

They say I have a dedicated account manager too (with the plan I pay for) but the account manager is non-existent and never replies back to email or attends calls that I schedule on their calendly appointment system. Their website advertises a per user price, but it's not. It's per device line price. I pay for 2 lines for one user (they use the app and a deskphone). I would stay away from this place!

RingCentral response
    Jeremiah, Sorry to hear. The Review Team would like to look into this further.

Please email us at the email address we've provided via Private Response.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 24, 2023

I own a small business with a three employees. RingCentral came highly recommended through the research I did online about the best VOIP internet phone providers. After reading and talking with sales I decided to port my business number from verizon to ring cental. BIG MISTAKE. It has been a nightmare. We have very good cellular service in our area and the calls are always spotty. However the worse part is that we still cannot utilize sms text messaging with our customers. We've been with them over a month and have submitted multiple forms for enabling this feature, however we never hear back and technical support and customer service has not update or reason why we cannot text. Each time I call they cannot understand my issue and read from a script and say generic answers. If you are thinking about going with them, don't.

RingCentral response

Robert, From the looks of your TCR case, the team is waiting to hear back from you with some details about your SMS usage. If you did not receive an email with this request, please reach out to us via the email we've shared in Private Response.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

Horrible customer service. Text messages do not work. Do no sign up! You will regret it! Our company spent countless hours setting up the system to have to switch after less than a month. Save yourselves the trouble.

RingCentral response

Sorry to hear, Vitor. The Review Tem would like to learn more about your experience. Please message us at the email address we've shared via Private Response.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

A lot of information was withheld from me when I signed my contract. Things were promised that were not delivered. When I fulfilled my full contract and provided written notice of cancelation they made it very hard to cancel. Then, even after canceling, they continued to charge me. I am still trying to work these issues out.

RingCentral response

Ryan, The Review Team is happy to look into your cancellation. Please reach out to us via the email address provided via Private Response.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
    Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

We just switched over to RingCentral less than a month ago. I really like the phones, for the most part, but as far as the customer service, not so much at all. I deal with a business in America, and I would want to speak to someone from America. I wanna deal with people that I can understand and support jobs in our country. Before I signed up, the sales lady would always return my call right away. After I signed the agreement, we got the phone, she returned the call a few times, but she's blocked me. So whenever I call her, it just goes straight to voicemail. Then the girl who was doing the onboarding process to help me set the phones up was pretty good, but as soon as I did the survey on her, she doesn't respond back anymore either.

So, there are some outstanding issues that I really needed to speak to. I got the desk phone and I got a portable phone. The portable phone worked for about a week, and then it stopped working for about a week, and it just started working again. I was trying to get ahold of both of the sales lady and the person helping me with the onboarding regarding that issue. There are some other issues that I need someone to call me so we can get this stuff fixed. RingCentral has a lot of competition, and if they don't do a good job, people are gonna leave and go to the competitor.

RingCentral response
    Joe, The Review Team is happy to help. And we're glad to direct you to our various options for expanded support.

Shoot us an email via the address we've provided in private response and we can discuss further.

RingCentral Company Information