Learn More

3.6/5 (226 ratings)

About RingCentral

RingCentral offers an intuitive platform for voice, video meetings, team messaging and collaboration. From click-to-dial functionality to one-click video conferencing, everyone on your plan can readily access the same digital tools through a single, easy-to-use platform that works across office sites and mobile devices. Setup, deployment, and adoption is also easy, and IT can manage it all from anywhere. RingCentral supports all types of businesses, with plans built to each company’s size and needs. The plans can get expensive for large businesses, but the company promises no hidden fees.

Pros

• Four customizable plans
  • All-in one communications solution
  • 24/7 staff support and extensive resources
  • No hidden fees

Cons

• Not yet available in all countries
  • Might require contract

Bottom Line

RingCentral moves beyond a traditional VoIP service by providing one platform for voice, video meetings, a contact center and team messaging and collaboration. There are several plan options and price points available with no hidden fees.

What is RingCentral?

RingCentral is a comprehensive, cloud-based business communications solution that includes messaging, video, phone, fax and a contact center. The company designed the all-in-one platform to help businesses streamline its communication and eliminate the need to use separate applications for day-to-day calls, conferencing and online meetings.

RingCentral has more than 20 years of experience in the industry.

How does RingCentral work?

RingCentral works over the cloud to provide easy access to advanced communication solutions. When your business partners with RingCentral, it receives 24/7 customer support and access to a complete product knowledge base, customer community and RingCentral University resources.

RingCentral products

RingCentral’s VoIP services help replace traditional landline telephone technology with a streamlined approach to business communication. RingCentral VoIP is part of a secure and reliable virtual phone service that also leverages cloud PBX solutions.

In addition to traditional voice phone calls, businesses can get further communication services and perks like online meetings, SMS, team messaging and advanced call management features from RingCentral. The company provides a comprehensive cloud communications platform without the need for expensive wires and cabling. All you need is internet-connected devices like computers, laptops and mobile phones.

Specific RingCentral products include:

• RingCentral MVP: Includes messaging, video and phone services
  • RingCentral Video: Includes free video meetings and messaging
  • Contact Center: Handles inbound and outbound communication

RingCentral plans

RingCentral offers four MVP plans to choose from: Essentials, Standard, Premium and Ultimate. Each is centered on the number of users and the size of the business.

This plan offers messaging and phone services for $29.99 per user per month. With this option, you can get access to business phone or toll-free numbers with unlimited calls within the U.S. and Canada and business SMS. Voicemail-to-text, team messaging and document sharing are also included. This plan allows up to 20 users.
This plan offers messaging, phone and video services for $37.99 per user per month. It includes everything from the Essentials plan plus business phone numbers in more than 100 countries with unlimited internet fax and audio conferencing. Video meetings for up to 100 participants for up to 24 hours at a time are also available. This service comes with quality-of-service reports and 24/7 support. Businesses can also integrate this plan with common technologies like Office 365 and Slack.
This plan offers messaging, phone and video services for $44.99 per user per month. It includes everything from the Standard plan plus additional benefits designed to enhance productivity, including single sign-on, multi-site admin and management and hot desking. Video meetings are available with up to 200 participants for up to 24 hours at a time. Businesses also receive advanced call handling and recording, real-time analytics and access to more integrations, including Salesforce and Zendesk. Internal developers also get access to custom integrations and developer platforms.
This plan offers messaging, phone and video services for $59.99 per user per month. It includes everything from the Premium plan plus device status reports and status alerts. It also comes with unlimited storage.

RingCentral pricing

RingCentral's VoIP phone systems cost between $30 and $60 per user per month, though the company does offer discounts sometimes. The price depends on the features, capabilities and overall business goals.

The company offers a number of options that suit customer needs and budgets from the small business to enterprise customers. Pricing depends on features, capabilities and overall business goals. With transparent plans and pricing, businesses will know exactly what services and benefits they’re paying for. There are no hidden fees or charges with these services.

RingCentral FAQ

RingCentral MVP (message, video, phone) is a fully integrated platform that keeps each mode of communication and its relevant documents and links in one central space. This lets your team have video, team messaging and phone capabilities in a single mobile and desktop application for maximum flexibility.
RingCentral's Contact Center is an omnichannel solution that lets customers contact your company on the communication channel of their choice while giving agents access to the data needed to solve problems quickly and efficiently. The tool has an easy-to-use drag-and-drop development environment, and RingCentral offers multiple products and plans to improve the Call Center experience.
RingCentral Video lets participants join instantly from a browser and access full meeting functionality.
RingCentral lets you integrate ready-to-use business apps and build your own with an open API platform. The open API platform enables communications integrations with popular business apps from Google, Microsoft, Salesforce, Okta, Zendesk and ServiceNow. It also lets your company's developers build custom apps and integrations.

Is RingCentral safe?

RingCentral uses seven layers of security and redundant data centers to ensure user protection and high availability, and it has experts monitoring and optimizing the platform 24/7 to ensure service remains at the highest level possible, with available 99.999% uptime SLA. RingCentral also uses geographically dispersed data centers and rigorous security processes to effectively shield you from system failure due to operational errors, cybercrime and natural disasters.

RingCentral Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RingCentral?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RingCentral?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

We use RingCentral as the main office line. We have four extensions and it's basically our customer support, customer service, and tech support line. It's made our business much more efficient. We used to have the phone calls routed to cell phones, and voicemails among different cell phone numbers, all for the partners and employees. With RingCentral, we centralized everything to the business number, localized and centralized the voicemails. Now, everybody can see who's coming and going.

Overall, RingCentral is excellent, but there are some improvements that look like they can be made. I don't believe these affect just our organization too. There's a bit of confusion that's caused on their speech to text and the voicemails. For example, somebody named Hensel called in last week, and it came out to Hansel and Gretel. I understand some of this is nascent technology, but my biggest complaint is the speech-to-text email I get for the voicemail is usually never accurate enough, and I have to listen to the voicemail.

RingCentral response

Patrick, thank you for sharing this feedback! I'll make sure your note on speech-to-text voicemails gets to the correct project manager. If there is anything else we can assist with, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Get buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

I was able to keep the same phone number and fax number with RingCentral, which I couldn't do if I went with some other company. It makes it easy for people to remember. Also, I'm able to use the phone from different locations and we can just use the RingCentral app for our cell phone no matter where we are and call as if we were calling from the office. Sometimes it's a little complicated to get in contact with who I need to get in contact with. There's an account manager assigned to every account and if the account manager is unavailable, it almost seems like the other people on the phone don't necessarily want to help you. They want to refer to the account manager. When I call, I'm typically on the phone for a long time on hold waiting for an account manager or trying to find somebody who can figure out how to help me. That's not been the greatest experience when I have to call in.

RingCentral response

Johnny, thanks for sharing this feedback. We're always working to improve and your input helps us to do that. Stay in touch!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

RingCentral does a lot. It does most of the things I wanted to do. However, I do not think that they did a very good job of tying it in logically. The way they have some things positioned in the software, I find extremely hard to digest as a new client. The other thing is before, when I had RingCentral, somehow it allowed me to download all of my contacts. I can't figure out how to get my contacts now.

The third thing is that it should have a real quick speed dial in it that I haven't been able to discover. The other thing that I noticed about RingCentral is lots of times, in the videos, it always has an error. When I go to delete things, it always gives you that secondary window. “Do you really want to delete it?” I get that. But there should be an option there someplace, because that thing gets old when I'm trying to delete six people.

Although it sounds terrible, I’m really not that dissatisfied with RingCentral. RingCentral has a tremendous capacity to work with my company. But I don't think they did a good enough job of training us. They introduced new software. So people think there is a certain population that will go and read those apps or watch those videos. But there's a larger section of the people that are too busy to do that.

I just said to Heather, who runs the deal for me, "Get somebody to do a training class and we'll get everybody on here." But then they came back and said, “We don't do that. We only have videos.” Now I have to rely on eight people on the staff to go out, take their time, go to the videos, learn this. I believe that if someone really trained us how to interact with each other, how the transfers go, we would be in a better situation. The other thing is once you re-up into this new software, it's still a mess. It's never really cleaned out all of the other things that I have from RingCentral. Now, I have four RingCentrals popping up on my bar. I don’t know what to do with what.

There are parts that are very frustrating. Like when I'm trying to buy a phone right now, nobody knows anything about the phones. “These run good with RingCentral," but that's about all they know. I'm trying to pick out from 25 phones which ones have what I'm looking for. I have to download and read the copy on all of those things to get some basic information. And it would seem to me that they could get five people that could correspond with customers to say, “Oh, you're looking for 20 speed dials? Oh, that phone doesn't have it. But let me show you this, what it does.” There was nobody to help me there. And between the time I spend reading up Best Buy and Verizon, and all these other consumer companies, the last thing I want to do is do something like that. RingCentral falls short on support of the telephones for the desk, at least picking it out.

But after that, the girl that worked with me to install my new one was good. Her name was Angel. She had pretty good knowledge, but she didn't know the ins and outs of each machine. I still believe in RingCentral, but they got some more stuff to iron out. I love that it's an all-in-one and I really like RingCentral. I like our rep, too. He's great.

RingCentral response

Joe, thanks for this feedback. We will pass it along to our product teams. If you'd like to share any additional feedback, please don't hesitate to reach out to the review team. We will share our email address via private message!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

I liked the service, but I couldn't take the sales rep. I didn't think I could get away from him because he was my sales rep. I was like, “I wanna talk to someone else.” “No, you can't.” “Okay. Then I'm done. I'm quitting.” And I ported every phone number out. That was a lot of work just to make a point. They told me it was a concern. Unfortunately, the other company couldn't do what RingCentral did. So, I called RingCentral back, got a different salesperson. He's very communicative. I love it now. They have changed their ways since then.

I recommend them all the time to everybody. I have a university and a lawyer's office that picked them up. But the tracking system would say, “We'll give you a free month or something.” But I've never been able to work the recommendation list for me to get anything out of it. No word of some sort. It has never worked. Other than that, we went from spending $1,500 a month in phones to 300-ish. I have sales and customer support reps all over the country. And I support three different businesses with the phone system.

This is how easy it is to work with them. I called them, left Bello a message, said, “Hey, Bello. I'm thinking about doing this. I need to do this. Call me back when you can.” He called me back the next day. And I brainstormed through the whole system with him. I bought a new line, and I already had a phone. He’s a sales rep, so he couldn't set it up. But we did everything we could to set it up. And then he transferred me over to the customer support. I was up and running that day with the phone configured to match. One of my sales reps would take some time off, so I needed a copy of that phone where I was, just in case. It was done within minutes.

RingCentral response

Leigh, we're glad to hear your experience has improved. Thank you for this feedback!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

With RingCentral, I'm able to answer the phone from anywhere and send a text or fax from company numbers from cell phones or anywhere. It doesn't limit the office to one spot. The only complaint I have is every time I call, I end up on the phone with someone in Manila and it takes forever. And occasionally, their English is so broken that I can't understand what they're saying. Also, someone has been attacking our website and they ended up hacking into our RingCentral. There's a RingCentral virus that’s pretty easy to install and it was installed on one of our phones. Our IT guy said it’s especially done for Bluetooth. We were missing a ton of phone calls and the virus they put in there was sending the phone calls to another voice server and recording all of our phone calls.

RingCentral response

Chris, Sorry to hear about this issue with your phone. Please feel free to reach out to us via the email we've shared in the private response area.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

We've been happy with RingCentral's service. It works. But sometimes the faxes get lost. All we get is a partial image and it's frustrating on our end. Usually, our issues are things we can't figure out using the support website. So we give them a call just for them to give us a hand and the reps are very good.

RingCentral response

Thanks for this feedback, Dan! If you experience any issues in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out to the review team. I'll share our email in a private message.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

RingCentral has been great. I use it for faxing out all kinds of documents, and it's been very reliable. They haven't made any awful changes that we didn't think were necessary, to screw up how we understand how the process works. I'm very happy with the service that we've gotten from them, and on the rare occasion that we've needed technical support, they've been terrific.

RingCentral response

Thanks for sharing your experience, Michael. We are glad to hear you are enjoying RingCentral!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

With RingCentral, there is flexibility. It has an automated system and people answer, and we're also able to go online and do many things. I haven't had any trouble with it, and I've even recommended it to a lot of people.

RingCentral response

Thank you for this review, Mike! We are so glad to hear RingCentral is meeting your business needs.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

RingCentral has been working well since I've had it well over 10 years ago. The service came in handy in trying to capture the calls as they came in because I'm mobile quite a bit.

RingCentral response

Monte, thank you for this review + for trusting us with your business. We appreciate you!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

RingCentral does a very good job with spam calls. However, when a call drops, I don't know whether that is something that I might need or not. It might be nice to have a report of calls that didn't go through and to show that they are spam calls versus potentially good business calls. Apart from that, RingCentral has worked well. If you want to use a handset, you can hook up an Ethernet connection to it so that you don't have to use a cellphone. You can use what looks like a traditional phone and have a home office like that with multiple lines. Also, the app works well in terms of being able to use VoIP phones that transferred to cellphones.

RingCentral response

Thank you for this feedback, Edward! We will make sure your suggestion gets to the product team. If you have any other ideas you'd like to share, please visit ideas.ringcentral.com, we'd love to hear them!

RingCentral Company Information