3.9/5 (132 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Taylor Sansano
Edited by Cassidy McCants

About RingCentral

RingCentral offers an intuitive platform for voice, video meetings, team messaging and collaboration. From click-to-dial functionality to one-click video conferencing, everyone on your plan can readily access the same digital tools through a single, easy-to-use platform that works across office sites and mobile devices. Setup, deployment, and adoption is also easy, and IT can manage it all from anywhere. RingCentral supports all types of businesses, with plans built to each company’s size and needs. The plans can get expensive for large businesses, but the company promises no hidden fees.

Pros

• Four customizable plans
  • All-in one communications solution
  • 24/7 staff support and extensive resources
  • No hidden fees

Cons

• Not yet available in all countries
  • Might require contract

Bottom Line

RingCentral moves beyond a traditional VoIP service by providing one platform for voice, video meetings, a contact center and team messaging and collaboration. There are several plan options and price points available with no hidden fees.

What is RingCentral?

RingCentral is a comprehensive, cloud-based business communications solution that includes messaging, video, phone, fax and a contact center. The company designed the all-in-one platform to help businesses streamline its communication and eliminate the need to use separate applications for day-to-day calls, conferencing and online meetings.

RingCentral has more than 20 years of experience in the industry.

How does RingCentral work?

RingCentral works over the cloud to provide easy access to advanced communication solutions. When your business partners with RingCentral, it receives 24/7 customer support and access to a complete product knowledge base, customer community and RingCentral University resources.

RingCentral products

RingCentral’s VoIP services help replace traditional landline telephone technology with a streamlined approach to business communication. RingCentral VoIP is part of a secure and reliable virtual phone service that also leverages cloud PBX solutions.

In addition to traditional voice phone calls, businesses can get further communication services and perks like online meetings, SMS, team messaging and advanced call management features from RingCentral. The company provides a comprehensive cloud communications platform without the need for expensive wires and cabling. All you need is internet-connected devices like computers, laptops and mobile phones.

Specific RingCentral products include:

• RingCentral MVP: Includes messaging, video and phone services
  • RingCentral Video: Includes free video meetings and messaging
  • Contact Center: Handles inbound and outbound communication

RingCentral plans

RingCentral offers four MVP plans to choose from: Essentials, Standard, Premium and Ultimate. Each is centered on the number of users and the size of the business.

This plan offers messaging and phone services for $29.99 per user per month. With this option, you can get access to business phone or toll-free numbers with unlimited calls within the U.S. and Canada and business SMS. Voicemail-to-text, team messaging and document sharing are also included. This plan allows up to 20 users.
This plan offers messaging, phone and video services for $37.99 per user per month. It includes everything from the Essentials plan plus business phone numbers in more than 100 countries with unlimited internet fax and audio conferencing. Video meetings for up to 100 participants for up to 24 hours at a time are also available. This service comes with quality-of-service reports and 24/7 support. Businesses can also integrate this plan with common technologies like Office 365 and Slack.
This plan offers messaging, phone and video services for $44.99 per user per month. It includes everything from the Standard plan plus additional benefits designed to enhance productivity, including single sign-on, multi-site admin and management and hot desking. Video meetings are available with up to 200 participants for up to 24 hours at a time. Businesses also receive advanced call handling and recording, real-time analytics and access to more integrations, including Salesforce and Zendesk. Internal developers also get access to custom integrations and developer platforms.
This plan offers messaging, phone and video services for $59.99 per user per month. It includes everything from the Premium plan plus device status reports and status alerts. It also comes with unlimited storage.

RingCentral pricing

RingCentral's VoIP phone systems cost between $30 and $60 per user per month, though the company does offer discounts sometimes. The price depends on the features, capabilities and overall business goals.

The company offers a number of options that suit customer needs and budgets from the small business to enterprise customers. Pricing depends on features, capabilities and overall business goals. With transparent plans and pricing, businesses will know exactly what services and benefits they’re paying for. There are no hidden fees or charges with these services.

RingCentral FAQ

What is RingCentral MVP?
RingCentral MVP (message, video, phone) is a fully integrated platform that keeps each mode of communication and its relevant documents and links in one central space. This lets your team have video, team messaging and phone capabilities in a single mobile and desktop application for maximum flexibility.
What is RingCentral Contact Center?
RingCentral's Contact Center is an omnichannel solution that lets customers contact your company on the communication channel of their choice while giving agents access to the data needed to solve problems quickly and efficiently. The tool has an easy-to-use drag-and-drop development environment, and RingCentral offers multiple products and plans to improve the Call Center experience.
What is RingCentral Video?
RingCentral Video lets participants join instantly from a browser and access full meeting functionality.
What integrations does RingCentral offer?
RingCentral lets you integrate ready-to-use business apps and build your own with an open API platform. The open API platform enables communications integrations with popular business apps from Google, Microsoft, Salesforce, Okta, Zendesk and ServiceNow. It also lets your company's developers build custom apps and integrations.

Is RingCentral safe?

RingCentral uses seven layers of security and redundant data centers to ensure user protection and high availability, and it has experts monitoring and optimizing the platform 24/7 to ensure service remains at the highest level possible, with available 99.999% uptime SLA. RingCentral also uses geographically dispersed data centers and rigorous security processes to effectively shield you from system failure due to operational errors, cybercrime and natural disasters.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RingCentral?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RingCentral?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

I’ve had a couple issues that RingCentral resolved quickly. The young man who helped me out was aboveboard and did a good job, and I wrote a report about him I'm still gonna find out one thing though. I use the app on my desk and I have it on the phone as well. I have a desktop phone that I use at another desk across the room from me. For example, my desktop phone has a message on it, but I'm looking at the app on my desk. I see there's a message over there, but I don't see the message in the app. Right now, I have to go over to the phone across the room to get the messages that should be here at my desk. One other thing that is interesting is this is a Polycom phone. If I want to hear the voicemail on the phone, there's no code. I have to enter my code to listen to my voicemail, but I don't know where that code is. I knew it was something simple, but I don't remember. How do I get back into the phone and find my code?

Overall, customer service is okay with the response. Emails come in before the person gets ahold of you, which is redundant, but once you speak to a person, you're handled properly and professionally. To utilize a service like this, it would be helpful to find out how you wanna use it. My position would be in the house. I need to make sure I had the right amount of extensions and how easy that would be to set up. I could operationally handle it if I knew exactly what I need to do. Be prepared.

RingCentral response
Dirrick, Thanks for leaving this review.
We would recommend changing your PIN so access is easier, as well as configuring notifications.

We've shared a couple of KB articles to assist you via private response - we've also included our email address should you require further assistance. Let us know how we can help further!

Get buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

I implemented RingCentral for a client of mine. We did that on Monday. And so far, I haven't heard anything back, which not hearing anything back is a good thing in my business. I went back on Wednesday and one of the guys from the provisioning, I worked with him and we configured a conference room phone. It was a good, easy transition, and quicker than I thought. Working with everyone from RingCentral, it was on-demand support. And everything works. Everything went better than I expected.

The integrated communication, having the cell phone, having the app, and the communication features such as the video conferencing and the chat feature makes it really easy. The only thing that I would suggest is that I was working with the user and we were making a test call because he has the app on his phone and the app on his desktop computer, then he has a dedicated phone on his desk. When he called, it only rang the phone, but not the cell phone and his cell phone. So we’re trying to figure that out, which we did.

And to get it to ring to the cell phone and his cellphone, if he was away from his desk, it would take longer than expected. You have to go into settings, then go to phone, then click the toggle to forward to the app and cell phone. That probably should be a simple toggle on the main page. Say I’m at my desk, and all of a sudden, I’m on my way out of the office and gonna go home but I still want to receive my calls, I don’t want to go through fiddling with all of that, so that I can start receiving my calls on those other devices.

RingCentral response

Kareem, Thanks for sharing your experience with your customer. We're happy to hear that your customer continues to see a seamless experience. But we're always here to help! Please don't hesitate to reach out if we can.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

I've used RingCentral for years and years. They had some services that suited me perfectly and I used use to them a ton because at the time, I was an active real estate broker and my clients traveled extensively. I had clients who traveled to Egypt and when they would be traveling, I would allow calls to come in. I don't normally accept calls from foreign countries or even at the time, I had to free up whatever countries they were traveling to. I said, "Fine. No problem." For the next three weeks, I would accept calls that came into my 800 number.

One of the things that really impressed me was that I could have a true 800 number. Before I got into real estate, I worked for the phone company, where getting an 800 number was a big deal. The fact that I could offer as a contact option for my clients to call a real live toll free 800 number was a big plus. Even though I am retired and I am on RingCentral's most limited service available, I still keep that number. I hate paying for calls. I cut the calls short and tell people, "Okay. Here's my cell phone number. You could call me on that." That's fine, but I still get a couple of calls every year on my 800 number just because people get it off of my car door. Being an old real estate agent, I have a magnetic sign that has my relevant information including my 800 number, and it's on both sides of my minivan doors.

Now, my only income is Social Security. I am a poor senior citizen, but I still love RingCentral's 800 number. I still talk up their service. Because for people who can afford all the cool stuff they can do and people who need it, it's wonderful. I'm loyal. I used to travel to a couple of meetings of mastermind groups for Realtors. Whenever I was asked to make a presentation, "What services can you recommend to the rest of us?" RingCentral was one of them. Their toll free 800 service. Use it. I generated a lot of business and made a lot of money on using them. I pushed through, then. Now, not so many people ask me because I'm pet sitting and I don't have that kind of conversation with people like I did in the past. However, they are one of the companies that I gladly highly recommend 'cause they never let me down. They were worth every penny that they charged. I'm a very happy customer.

RingCentral response

Thanks, Joan! Glad to hear this helped with your international clients.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

RingCentral does a lot. It does most of the things I wanted to do. However, I do not think that they did a very good job of tying it in logically. The way they have some things positioned in the software, I find extremely hard to digest as a new client. The other thing is before, when I had RingCentral, somehow it allowed me to download all of my contacts. I can't figure out how to get my contacts now.

The third thing is that it should have a real quick speed dial in it that I haven't been able to discover. The other thing that I noticed about RingCentral is lots of times, in the videos, it always has an error. When I go to delete things, it always gives you that secondary window. “Do you really want to delete it?” I get that. But there should be an option there someplace, because that thing gets old when I'm trying to delete six people.

Although it sounds terrible, I’m really not that dissatisfied with RingCentral. RingCentral has a tremendous capacity to work with my company. But I don't think they did a good enough job of training us. They introduced new software. So people think there is a certain population that will go and read those apps or watch those videos. But there's a larger section of the people that are too busy to do that.

I just said to Heather, who runs the deal for me, "Get somebody to do a training class and we'll get everybody on here." But then they came back and said, “We don't do that. We only have videos.” Now I have to rely on eight people on the staff to go out, take their time, go to the videos, learn this. I believe that if someone really trained us how to interact with each other, how the transfers go, we would be in a better situation. The other thing is once you re-up into this new software, it's still a mess. It's never really cleaned out all of the other things that I have from RingCentral. Now, I have four RingCentrals popping up on my bar. I don’t know what to do with what.

There are parts that are very frustrating. Like when I'm trying to buy a phone right now, nobody knows anything about the phones. “These run good with RingCentral," but that's about all they know. I'm trying to pick out from 25 phones which ones have what I'm looking for. I have to download and read the copy on all of those things to get some basic information. And it would seem to me that they could get five people that could correspond with customers to say, “Oh, you're looking for 20 speed dials? Oh, that phone doesn't have it. But let me show you this, what it does.” There was nobody to help me there. And between the time I spend reading up Best Buy and Verizon, and all these other consumer companies, the last thing I want to do is do something like that. RingCentral falls short on support of the telephones for the desk, at least picking it out.

But after that, the girl that worked with me to install my new one was good. Her name was Angel. She had pretty good knowledge, but she didn't know the ins and outs of each machine. I still believe in RingCentral, but they got some more stuff to iron out. I love that it's an all-in-one and I really like RingCentral. I like our rep, too. He's great.

RingCentral response

Joe, thanks for this feedback. We will pass it along to our product teams. If you'd like to share any additional feedback, please don't hesitate to reach out to the review team. We will share our email address via private message!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

I liked the service, but I couldn't take the sales rep. I didn't think I could get away from him because he was my sales rep. I was like, “I wanna talk to someone else.” “No, you can't.” “Okay. Then I'm done. I'm quitting.” And I ported every phone number out. That was a lot of work just to make a point. They told me it was a concern. Unfortunately, the other company couldn't do what RingCentral did. So, I called RingCentral back, got a different salesperson. He's very communicative. I love it now. They have changed their ways since then.

I recommend them all the time to everybody. I have a university and a lawyer's office that picked them up. But the tracking system would say, “We'll give you a free month or something.” But I've never been able to work the recommendation list for me to get anything out of it. No word of some sort. It has never worked. Other than that, we went from spending $1,500 a month in phones to 300-ish. I have sales and customer support reps all over the country. And I support three different businesses with the phone system.

This is how easy it is to work with them. I called them, left Bello a message, said, “Hey, Bello. I'm thinking about doing this. I need to do this. Call me back when you can.” He called me back the next day. And I brainstormed through the whole system with him. I bought a new line, and I already had a phone. He’s a sales rep, so he couldn't set it up. But we did everything we could to set it up. And then he transferred me over to the customer support. I was up and running that day with the phone configured to match. One of my sales reps would take some time off, so I needed a copy of that phone where I was, just in case. It was done within minutes.

RingCentral response

Leigh, we're glad to hear your experience has improved. Thank you for this feedback!

Original review: June 9, 2022

We are a recruiting company. So, it's easier for us, the system. We do conference calls with it. Occasionally, we would have staticky calls, and would have to call back and disconnect, and re-call. But it was nice during COVID, because we were already set up with RingCentral. So, it enabled us to be able to work from home. Also, we don't have to use phones. Financially, as far as buying phones.

RingCentral response
    Thanks so much for this feedback, Latonya!

Appreciate hearing from you!

Original review: May 28, 2022

RingCentral has been able to solve any kind of technical issue quickly anytime I've had one. We use the fax and the messaging. It's easy to have the phone where you can either have it at your desk office or put the app on your smartphone. We don't make a whole lot of use the video aspect of it but we use everything else. RingCentral helped our productivity. You don't have to get up and go to a fax machine. It saves time. About a week ago, I contacted the technical department and I didn't have any issues as far as getting help. RingCentral is a good company.

RingCentral response
    Chris, Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience.

We're grateful to you and encourage you to reach out if we can assist!

Original review: May 27, 2022

RingCentral runs perfectly well. This is my first time to use them and so far, so good. It's easy to use because aside from my laptop, I can use it on my phone. I can download the application. So, even though I'm not on my desk, I'm still able to receive calls through RingCentral through my phone. We manage a lot of properties and we use RingCentral. Even the managers don't have complaints with RingCentral. So partnering with RingCentral is good. They provide an excellent service and I will highly recommend them.

Great to hear, Judy!

So wonderful to hear from you! Thank you!

Original review: May 26, 2022

RingCentral has been utilized for most of our office and desk phones for scheduling appointments. The most important thing is getting text messages, voicemails, and automated messages. I just think it's expensive and sometimes, it's a little bit complicated to set up.

RingCentral response

Sabin, Appreciate you sharing your experience. We're always working to improve. If you have additional feedback that we can assist with, please reach out to the Review Team. We'll share our contact via private response.

Original review: May 25, 2022

RingCentral works nicely. It was my first time ever using it. I usually use the Microsoft Teams or the Zoom calls. It does the job. The only thing is, sometimes the links will cross if you create a series. And if you update, sometimes the links cross a bit, which can cause confusion. But it's more so how we communicate it. Because we do everything via email. And if someone gets the wrong email or the old one, we'll select that one instead of using the updated link. I had spoken with customer service before and they're amazing. They work closely and are very good with communicating, same thing with IT. So, overall a good experience.

Great to hear, Cely!

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave this review.

RingCentral Company Information