Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.60/5

RingCentral is a cloud-based global telephone system for all types of businesses. With RingCentral, moving your business phone system to the cloud is easy & straightforward. Our cloud platform allows for easy to access to secure voice, fax, text, audio conferencing, and online meetings. No matter how many office locations you have, our team of experts at RingCentral are ready to set everything up for you and allow for a smooth transition. Contact us today.

RingCentral Learn More

Start receiving calls today

Manage Your Business Phone System with Dash from VirtualPBX

Get started

Start receiving calls today

Manage Your Business Phone System with Dash from VirtualPBX

Get started

RingCentral Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RingCentral?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RingCentral?

Original review: April 2, 2021

This company is the worse company I have ever seen. Their customer service is -10, if you ever need to change a plan or cancel be ready to spend 40 minutes on the phone and if you are mad and not happy they will hang up the phone on you. I tried porting my number to another company years ago since I really need the number. They caused so much trouble where I couldn't change the company, I have been with them for over 7 years and I just noticed they increased my plan by $30 and added services without me knowing. All the staff are in the Philippines, Do not use this company for your services. You will regret it.

Original review: March 30, 2021

Do not use. I repeat. Do not use this company. They are the biggest scam artist out there. Purchased 2 phones. They told me it will work on the system that I purchased. Come to find out it won't unless I purchased another line at $360.00 more a year so I cancelled my service and returned the phones. Needless to say the year service I lost was $600.00 plus now I fighting with them for the refund on the phones and by the way did mention they charged me a $50.00 return fee and now they're telling me it's been over 30 days which it was only 3 days, here's the funny part. The one person I spoke to from customer service barely spoke English wasn't bad enough but there was a couple of loud crowing roosters in the background. What a joke this company is. They are thieves. Stay away.

Get buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 25, 2021

Where do I begin? We've been with this service just over 3 years.

1) I'm the CEO of a tech company and was unable to get anyone reliable to support my tech department as they built an API to work with Ring Central. We unfortunately chose to work with a different vendor, who fortunately provided better CS at a more affordable rate.

2) They have continuously overcharged me and, only after multiple calls, agreed to provide a refund which was never more than 20% of my original plea.

3) Their dedicated CR appointee rarely gets back to us, and when he does he's always sorry and completely understands but can do absolutely nothing.

4) And the BIGGEST concern. We recently downgraded my personal business line, a number I've had since the beginning. They accidentally turned off my number. We messaged to say they made a mistake. They replied "It appears that the issue you reported has been resolved. Your case will now be set to the closed status." I replied "This case is not resolved - the adjustment was made using both the incorrect number and the incorrect user." After getting no reply, we called CR and they said that they already gave my number to another user.

5) Their tech is way too complicated.

Original review: March 9, 2021

I think it's terrible that you have to call them to cancel your plan. Who does that?? Some people struggle to speak on the phone and it's really not fair on them. It's not that hard to just put a feature on your site to be able to do that. Also what if you want to cancel but you're in a situation where you can only use the internet and can't call? It's just so stupid.

Original review: March 5, 2021

Stay away from this company. While the service is okay. The rest of the customer service leaves a lot to be desired. We have been with Ring Central since 2014. I ported my number to another company to reduce my monthly payment. Here is the kicker, Even tho I am a 7 year customer, I still get to pay $83 dollars x the 7 months I apparently have since your contract renews every year!!!! Who knew? So $500. was my penalty--could not pay it fast enough and I get to call them back after I pay the penalty. Be careful when you leave.

Original review: March 2, 2021

My advice regarding Ring Central is to choose another company. Unless you like to and have the time to sit on hold for average 40 minutes per phone call, and it usually takes 3-4 calls to get your issue handled. I had 4 calls in and spent 2 hours on hold all to just cancel my account. Here's how it works- you call and are placed on hold, someone answers and then they attempt to contact the department while you are again on hold. This goes on until an agent in that department is free. All calls are taken oversees, so there is lag, and scripted answers. The website does not offer any practical links to get your issue cleared up. Even the live chat has canned answers. Run away from this company. You've been warned.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

RingCentral is a total scam and fraudulent business. I strongly discourage using the service (which doesn't work) or providing any billing information for the free trial. I did so, cancelled before it expired because I could not get it to work, but have been charged every month. The customer service representatives are robots, and you will be routed and rerouted without receiving assistance. Many times, your call or message will just be dropped. I notified my bank, the BBB and the FCC. With luck, they will be shut down before anyone else is robbed.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

I would not waste my time purchasing this. We have invested over 12 hours on the phone with their service people (4 different people) who can not figure out how to make our phones pick up at the right time or sync phone messages. This should be the most simple of tasks. A Sr Tech is needed, not available right now. We're just across the bay- same time zone. So right now our business phones are basically dead unless we can catch the incoming call.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

We've been using various RingCentral applications for our remote work. I have never had so many problems out of a communication software before. If you have even a slightly slow connection, forget using the application adequately at all. Calls fall through. System timings are off. Sounds settings are crap. This the most glitchy software I've ever been forced to use. And what's worse is when the system drops or makes my phone's pop up box invisible and unable to be clicked on they get marked as missed on my end, so I get in trouble for a crap system not even doing its job correctly. I would never work for another place that requires the use of this system.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

Here is the trap: You can sign up for month to month, but you naturally miss out on their annual discount. So, like most I signed up for the annual contract so as to get the price (the discounted price is competitive but without it, the price is not competitive.) The trap comes if you want to cancel at any other time than the annual renewal you will have to pay for the full amount of the full annual contract! That's right, if you cancel just one month after the annual renewal you will pay for 11 months of service! Even cell phone companies aren't this bad. It is so bad that they have a group of "retention" experts to give you a LONG round-a-round before you finally give up in frustration. Very bad company to deal with. Stay away.

RingCentral author review by Ellen Muraskin

RingCentral has over a decade of experience in the VoIP industry and has served more than 300,000 customers.​

• All-inclusive phone system: Their all-inclusive system includes conferencing, mobile app, user-friendly interface for adds, changes and multimedia communication.

• Accent on collaboration: RingCentral embraces the less-email trend with an app/interface, called Glip, which integrates task and calendar management, instant messaging and file sharing à la Slack.

• Accent on integration: Built as an open platform from the ground up, RingCentral's industry-standard APIs and SDK let your developers easily integrate your communications into key business processes and applications. Out-of-the-box integrations include Outlook, Salesforce.com, Box, ZenDesk, Google and Oracle.

• Reasonable rates: Plans start as low as $24.99 per month per user.

• Offers toll free to customers: Using RingCentral services, businesses can quickly and easily set up toll-free numbers for customer use.

by Ellen Muraskin VoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

RingCentral Company Information