RingCentral

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I switched to Ring Central years ago as I saw how easy it was to setup IP phones and ditch our regular land lines. I also liked having the cloud PBX so I would not have to maintain one onsite. The service works great and they always have new features being released constantly. The possibilities are endless. The service has really become a central part of our company's communications. With a great technical support team to back it all up, I would highly recommend this solution to any business!

We've always had great service with RingCentral. The features are great and the service is impeccable. I love being able to change things around online, and the mobile app is wonderful. Great service for your money! I would recommend anytime to anyone.

When we were looking for a new Cloud based system to replace our traditional PBX, I signed up for several different services for a couple of months so I could go through the configuration and try to setup to follow the work flow that we wanted for our company. Several of the competitors just couldn't be setup for what we wanted. We wanted all calls to go to a queue so that our office manager could answer live all calls. We wanted the caller to have an option to leave a message if they did not want to wait for our office manager to answer their call if the queue was busy due to high calls. In addition, the logic of setting up users, work stations, etc. was just more straightforward than the others. We are a happy customer!

Frontier had accidentally swapped my Ring Central main number. It was done by error but my phones were completely down. After many escalations, Bo contacted me stating indeed it had been taken. I was able to contact my Acct Rep from Frontier. They spoke and the next day I was able to get my service up and running. When speaking to Bo, he was always great in responding back and returning my phone calls and keeping me updated. Great customer service. A very professional, knowledgeable person.

While high speed internet services continue to change and improve, we were drawn to RingCentral at a time when upload speeds were at a premium. Even today you can get high download, but restricted upload speeds, and the higher speeds are much more costly. We researched how much bandwidth was necessary to operate a phone on RingCentral network versus several other of the major brands and found their system to consume far less bandwidth than the competitors. This enables us to run our phones and computers at a much lower cost point than other systems without incurring voice breakdown. Since moving to RingCentral, we have not had any service related problems relative to the upload demand by each of our phones.

Further, when we do experience problems, reaching out to RingCentral has been a breeze, and calls are answered promptly, and the correct technician has addressed each of our problems, resulting in prompt corrections and quick return to service. We are not considering changing providers despite the cable companies coming into the marketplace. We are very pleased with RingCentral quality and service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RingCentral?

Best fax online service. I absolutely love RingCentral online fax. It is very easy to use and never fails me! I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for an easy way to send faxes without a fax machine.

The RingCentral phone system is excellent. We have encountered very few problems since we switched over 3 years ago, except once our account rep didn't call us back after we reached out to them for help. Another thing we didn't like was the significant price increase after the first year unless we signed a contract. We did sign the contract but now the onus is on us to cancel it at the end of the term and provide at least one month's notice or it will roll over. This is simply another chore for our organization to keep track of and we don't like it but can work with it.

It would be nice if changing the setting was more streamlined and if we could set schedules for assigning users/extensions for certain call groups. Also, the small lag time when on voice calls can be annoying sometimes.

The phone system is wonderful, and the SMS service extremely helpful to reach our busy members. RingCentral's customer service and support team are exceptional. We operate several businesses over 5 years and continue to enjoy using RingCentral!

I highly recommend RingCentral. I used them for 5 years till I sold my business. I recommended them to the new owner and 4 other business owners including my son. The system works great never had a downtime. The service request always responded promptly. They are very professional and on top of that the cost is much better than other providers.

I switched from using my personal cell phone for my small business to RingCentral in early 2016. It does everything as advertised. I can sort calls to different members of my staff based on subject of the call. I feel more professional and I have more time to spend on expanding my business rather than directing every incoming call. The cost fits right into my budget and as the business grows, RingCentral has options to grow with me. This was a smart choice for my small business. I would absolutely recommend this service.

Great service and product for the money. I have 4 incoming lines which 2 are 800 numbers and two outgoing lines. I have a fax line which comes to my email and faxes are sent via email. No more wasting money ink paper on fax machines. Ring Central has great people and provides more services for the money than any other company we have found or used in the past 40 years. We have been with Ring Central around ten years.

We moved from analog phones to RingCentral's VoIP Cloud-based solution about 3 years ago. The web-based user interface is versatile and user-friendly, allowing us to easily tailor our phones for our business needs. The Call Reporting features are incredible! We never miss a call! There is no equipment to maintain. Price-wise, RingCentral is less than half the price of the bulky system we had previously.

I am an attorney and RingCentral has been a life saver as it allows faxes to come straight to my computer. When faced with not being able to get court appointments in a particular county without a local or toll-free number, RingCentral came through with the toll-free number in less than 2 hours allowing me to get the additional business. I have already recommended to several colleagues.

Ring Central best VOIP system. I have had very few problem with Ring Central, and when there is a problem my account manager is more than happy to help or get us to the right tech person who can help.

Have been using it for past 2 years and it works great. Did not have any problem, customer support is prompt. I would recommend this to everyone who has a need to connect virtually. Chrome extension is additional plus. Overall great product.

I've had the service for several years using it for both business and personal. We traveled to Ireland for a year and a 1/2 and THE greatest thing was the ability to take it the equipment with us, hook it up to our internet and be able to make and accept calls from family, friends, and clients like it the as a local USA call. Some people did not even know we had left the country. GREAT.

My biggest issue with RingCentral is that they are not upfront with their prices. My bill turned out to be almost double what I expected. They stated this was due to "taxes and fees" which are not disclosed in the displayed pricing, and the taxes and fees are enormous. Before doing business with them, be sure you understand the real cost. But if you are comfortable once you get the full picture around fees and taxes, the product does work very well.

I read everywhere that this company was ranked best so I signed up with them before cutting off my land line. Primarily I want to receive faxes from customers. Often they call saying the line rings and rings with no answer and this week I had one say my fax number was busy for hours. Yesterday I got a fax and when I tried to open it to print it, I got a black page. Tried to contact live CS online and waited and waited for someone to come on to help. Called their CS number while waiting and after answering all the questions the recording said that I had to do it online (still waiting for the online person to come onto the conversation).

Someone finally came online and I spent almost 2 hours on with him (including him remotely accessing my computer). The fax STILL won't show to print on Chrome and I have to go to another browser to print it. Really not happy with this service! P.S. The service worked fine during the trial... After the trial is when the problems started!

The call quality was clear and better than services than I have used in the past. If I had to give it a rating I would go with a 10 out of 10. The rep was very happy and helpful, very responsive, and definitely knew what they were talking about. I have had to deal with my fair share of rude unenthusiastic reps in the past so this was a wonderful and refreshing change for me. I liked that I wasn't on hold for a long time and it was a plus that I wasn't on hold for a long time and then after waiting a while the rep hangs up on me without helping me. Their hours enabled me to access a rep at any time that was convenient for me and my personal schedule so I didn't have to rearrange my day around one call.

The calls were convenient, quick and easy to use. This service gave me the great opportunity of keeping in contact with my friends, family, relatives and colleagues. I would probably recommend it to anyone who intend to use it for personal and/ or business purposes. Also, the reps were clear and concise and seemed to be very customer-oriented. I felt that they were fairly easy to conduct business with and made our communication simple and reasonable. Their responsiveness is quick, clear and immediate. That service offered a lot of clear guidance and direct support to their respectable customers.

Call quality was clear and I would definitely recommend this service to my family and friends. It was very easy to use and set up. Also, the representatives were very knowledgeable and they really knew what they were talking about and really cared about giving great service. All my questions and concerns were answered in a reasonable amount of time and the representatives took the time to understand my concerns and alleviate any problems. Their hours of operation worked for me and I did not have any difficulty getting anyone on the phone to assist me when I needed it. I highly recommend them.

I have been a customer of RingCentral for 5 years. They recently sent me an email wherein they doubled my price, with the caveat that they were giving me more faxes per month. As I receive very few faxes, this carrot they dangled in front of me was not enticing enough for my to stay. I called the 800# 2 days in a row, and they never picked up. A recording came on prompting me to leave my name and phone number and someone would call me back. That never happened! They never called. I waited 3 days after the last call that I made and then went to their website. I wished to cancel my service and she informed me that she could not do that and that I had to call the 800#! I told her I did that twice and that nobody picked up and no one returned my voicemail message. She said she would call me now and get the process moving.

However, she called me and attempted to convince me that I should keep their service. I told her that I had made up my mind and I wanted to terminate service. She persisted trying to "sell" me. I told her I needed to speak to "someone" who was capable of cancelling my account. She then connected me to a Connie, who continued in the same vain of selling me on the advantages of staying with their company. I asked her if she could cancel my account and she said no. She would have to connect me to someone else.

I then was connected to an "Angela" (a male) who informed me that he would have to put me on hold for a few minutes to accomplish this. After spending a total of about 20 min on the phone with three people, I was informed my account was "cancelled". I certainly hope so! Very poor customer service. Wasted my time. TREATED ME IN A CONDESCENDING FASHION AS IF I WERE STUPID. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY.

I have ring central and lost a lot of business. The way I found out that it was not working is that some patients told me they left messages that I had never received. Many people were calling, leaving messages that were never recorded. To make it worse I cannot portage the number to my new provider. I would not recommend this company as the customer service is pleasant, but does not apologize, or know what they are talking about. I am on hold now for the 4th time transferring to a new department to see if my new carrier is correct in that I cannot portage the number. I have been on hold and speaking with them for a half hour now. I hope they go out of business as they are probably hurting many businesses who will find out the hard way.

I signed up for their basic fax service which is all I need as I do not receive or send many faxes. At some point they changed my service to another plan that was more than twice the cost and because you must get set up with automatic withdrawals, I was not aware of the change as I do not handle the billing for my company. When I discovered the discrepancy they only offered to refund a small portion of the difference. Their excuse was that they sent an e-mail stating the plan I had was discontinued and the new plan offered more services and because I supposedly opened that e-mail I was somehow obligated. This would seem to be an illegal act in my opinion as I never signed any agreement to these new terms. No one likes being taken advantage of and I feel these bait & switch tactics are deplorable. Had my credit card not expired, I would not have discovered the scam.

RingCentral service has been unreliable and I do not recommend using their service if you need to reliably make and receive telephone calls. Also, when we went to cancel this service after having "used" it for 3 years, we were told that while the original contract was for one year, the contract has a provision that automatically renews for 12 months every year. If you forget to cancel the contract 30 days prior to the end of the contract they automatically have you hooked for an extra 12 months. The only way they will let you cancel is to buy out all the additional months of the contract. We recommend avoiding RingCentral and their awful contract terms.

I have been with RingCentral for years and I wanted to cancel or downgrade so many time but it seems to be impossible. Here is the reason, the contract automatically renew for another year after it's expired but the problem is they would not send me a notice and I need to cancel my contract within 30 before it's expired, NOT before, NOT after so I had not been able to cancel or downgrade.

They were very nice and helpful. They addressed me by my first name which I thought was really nice and they spoken to me like I mattered and they cared to have my business. They seemed to know what they were talking about, could answer my questions without delay and spoke to me very kindly and didn't get rude or anything which I liked. They had great response. They didn't make me wait at all which I really thought was nice. They seemed to care about my time and realized it was very important to me and them. They provide great hours. I work all day and they were available to me after I got out of work which I really liked because most places you deal with aren't like that and you get stressed out cause you need to talk with them about something and you can't cause they're closed so I really liked that.

I am so blown away by their communications platform and service that prompt me to write the review. As a mid-size company, we were looking to move to the cloud from a older PBX solution (which has gone down a few times in 3 months) and decided to evaluate a few UCaaS solutions that we came on Gartner (8x8, RingCentral, Mitel and Vonage). After testing and reviewing all the solutions including pricing, feature sets and capabilities, RingCentral truly came across as the leader in the space. From the sales rep (Jeff) to the SE (Ray), they were definitely assisting us from end to end. Any questions and concerns from the team was definitely addressed in a thoughtful manner.

After the implementation, I have got nothing but praises about then solution from different teams within the company. I might have to say that aside from the phone solution, web and video conferencing and Glip have been a great addition not to mention that we no longer need to manage multiple vendors for these. I would definitely recommend any companies looking to move their communications to the cloud to take a look at RingCentral as a solution.

There is no difference between this service and regular phone service. The voice quality is clear with no distortion or call interruption. Reps were easy to work with and responsive to any question regardless of how long or short. Actually I never spoke with a rep but no news is good news. I'm sure that if I ever did have a question for a rep that they would be delighted to respond to me in a responsive period of time and would answer all of my questions. They seem to keep regular business hours which satisfies the needs of regular businesses.

Expert Review

Ellen MuraskinVoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.    More about Ellen→

RingCentral has over a decade of experience in the VoIP industry and has served more than 300,000 customers.​

• All-inclusive phone system: Their all-inclusive system includes conferencing, mobile app, user-friendly interface for adds, changes and multimedia communication.
  • Accent on collaboration: RingCentral embraces the less-email trend with an app/interface, called Glip, which integrates task and calendar management, instant messaging and file sharing à la Slack.
  • Accent on integration: Built as an open platform from the ground up, RingCentral's industry-standard APIs and SDK let your developers easily integrate your communications into key business processes and applications. Out-of-the-box integrations include Outlook, Salesforce.com, Box, ZenDesk, Google and Oracle.
  • Reasonable rates: Plans start as low as $24.99 per month per user.
  • Offers toll free to customers: Using RingCentral services, businesses can quickly and easily set up toll-free numbers for customer use.
  • Best for Small businesses and large corporations.

RingCentral Company Profile