1.23/5

Looking for a good VoIP provider?

RingCentral

RingCentral is a cloud-based global telephone system for all types of businesses. With RingCentral, moving your business phone system to the cloud is easy & straightforward. Our cloud platform allows for easy to access to secure voice, fax, text, audio conferencing, and online meetings. No matter how many office locations you have, our team of experts at RingCentral are ready to set everything up for you and allow for a smooth transition. Contact us today.

Looking for a good VoIP provider?

201 RingCentral Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

Trying to get this service to work properly is a pain. All we get is a badly worded email about how every port under the sun needs to be open on the firewall. Any any flood protection has to be turned off, basically leaving your firewall nothing more than a switch. I have used other VoIP services and this is by far the worse company to work with.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

If you need a new digital phone service, RingCentral is the way to go. They have so many different offers, they will make it affordable for your company no matter what your size. Give them a call today!

Get expert buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I have a small insurance agency and decided to have a soft client with CableOne now Sparklight. It was a complete nightmare and they finally told me I was the only one using a soft client. So, RingCentral has been a breeze. It was easy to setup and the transition has been smooth. The people have been very friendly and responsive. No problems yet....

Andy,

So great to hear you're having a great experience! We appreciate your feedback. Please reach out if we can support you further.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I have been trying to pay my bill annually as I have in the past and it wouldn't allow me to do it online, tried paying for over 7 days. I finally called them after several unsuccessful attempts at paying online. They told me I could only pay monthly because my account was suspended (It was only suspended because it wouldn't even allow me to pay online for over a week). Took me over an hour on the phone to get these dummies to take my annual payment. It's like I had to argue to just get them to do it annually. They transfer you endlessly and make excuses and play games. It's like every response is "sorry sir"...I told them well stop being sorry and fix the damn issue.

I got angry because I was sitting there wasting time trying to get someone to take some money. I have a business and would never make a customer wait for even 5 minutes on hold, much less have them running in circles trying to pay. BOTTOM LINE: They don't even understand what you are calling for and just have "I am trying to help"..."sorry sir" and a bunch of other rebuttals that make no sense. It's like talking to an outdated voice recognition software interface that can't understand what you are trying to get at. I DO NOT Recommend!

RingCentral response

John, we appreciate your feedback. We've sent over a private response. Please connect with us if we can help further.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: July 30, 2019

I ported my line away from RingCentral (RC) about a year and a half ago and just found out RC was still billing and we were paying. I asked RC for a refund and was refused. I then received email of cancel. Can someone help me?

RingCentral response

John, we'd like to help if we can! I'll shoot you a private response. Thanks for reaching out.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RingCentral?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: July 23, 2019

Why do I have to select a star? This company deserves to be rated "negative 5 stars" as in, less than zero stars. I cancelled my service a long time ago and have not used it for years. I just noticed a charge from them on my cc and called them about it. It took over an HOUR to get resolved. They said they have no record of my service being cancelled. Of course they don't. It was all my fault for not calling them every month to confirm that my account was cancelled. Really? Then they said they could only give me a partial reimbursement - even though I haven't used the services for years AND our phone number has been assigned to someone else. Really? Bad, bad, bad, bad experience and overall vibe. Stay away!!!

D,
      Sorry to hear about these issues. We'd like to help if we can.

We'll shoot over a private response. Thanks for your feedback.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: July 22, 2019

I am from India and i was the customer with Vonage from last 14 years. I thought to put an IVR system and to expand my business i called Ring central. The sales rep Clark ** to make his sale lie to me about everything. He sold me a 2 line plan giving me 5 lines. 2 Toll free number 1 fax number and 2 regular number. So i got my vonage number ported to Ring central...This guy first day charged my card with my authorization and next day again added 2 more lines and charged my card without my authorization. When i complaint about this they reversed my charges but it costed me additional $44 because my credit card company charge on international transaction. Now my vonage number they made the master extension.

Worst thing was that i was not able to make or receive calls on my 14 year old number. The customer care kept me on call for many hours and didn't helped me at all. Today one of the rep called me and said i have to buy an additional digital line for $419 which they never told me i have to pay while doing my first purchase.. my old client are calling me up and i am not able to speak with them. One of my client put a charge back my account because of no communication.

Ring central itself is a big scam. They will lie to you for selling the services and then their other team will fool with you for selling the other lines....if you will buy their services trust me you are going to lose your customers and going to encounter with scammers and people with no knowledge about there own services. Worst worst worst experience...

Amit,
      So sorry to hear about your troubles. We'd like to help if we can.

We'll send over a private response.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: July 16, 2019

I started my service with RingCentral in Nov 2017 expecting that the business would grow, I desired to obtain a a VOIP service that would expand with us without the headache of infrastructure buildout or lengthy learning curves. Unfortunately our experience was all that and more. We initially ordered the least expensive phones from them and only 2 lines. We later grew and brought on staff and 2 virtual locations in another state, in which we would only required a virtual infrastructure layout and that's when our issues began.

Our assistant had to spend over a month on the line with customer service to get our lines programmed the exact way we desired, which simply resulted in a loss of resources and money on what should've been a 24 hour process. Not only was their provisioning team not helpful, but our assistant needed to call around to find one who she could clearly understand and ask them to hold while she tested their solutions because it had become a pain to call in every hour when the provisioning requests were not handled appropriately.

Over time of 2 months, our assistant became the point person for lodging complaints with the system. When I took a vacation in June, an authorized order was placed by our assistant for projected expansion plans. Plans which never really happened. Upon learning about the order, I called RingCentral and requested that the order be rescinded and that only the initial 2 lines and the 4 which we added due to the virtual infrastructure expansion be included on our 2 year term contract. They refused to rescind the order stating that because the assistant knew the password, the password which cannot differ from person to person or authority level to authority level, and since she was the point of contact for complaints that they felt she had appropriate authority to order.

When I refuted their claim through months of ongoing disputes, they no longer granted me direct customer service assistance. Every time I called in, they sent me to a general line where a customer service line would take a message, and on top of that they forced the payment of 11 lines which was in dispute, through my credit card which was on file.

This began a continuous attack and argumentative exchange with RingCentral that the service and the contract would stand regardless of all of my efforts to prove misrepresentation and the inability of our firm to afford these costs. Over the next 10 months, we lost multiple direct customer service reps, were misbilled multiple times, which took months for their team to correct, and all the while they have held hostage our phone number which we selected for our business to run as part of their insane 2 year contract as not portable. After numerous attempts to challenge their decision, we've been locked in a bill overpaying for services that we do not need and them giving less and less care or concern for the inconvenience that this service was causing our business.

If RingCentral cared for their customers, they would have treated our multiple complaints, and request to end business with them as a logical and courteous extension of their service to the small business community, but by enforcing a contract that no longer served its customer's need you put another small business at risk of going out of business and have placed multiple employees out of work.

RingCentral response
      LaVerne, so sorry to hear about your experience.

We'll reach out to you via private response to see if we can do anything to help.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I've spent the last ten days trying to avoid this problem and correct the problem. The system will not allow me to update to our new credit card number. Our company has been without phone and fax for three business days. I've asked to have the phones/fax turned back on while this problem is corrected and I guess they are unable to do this. Where are your engineers?? What's wrong with your software??? Please get it corrected....

RingCentral response
      Susan, we so sorry to hear about these issues. We'll send you a private reply to help get this sorted.

Please stay tuned!

Original review: July 1, 2019

I do NOT recommend RingCentral, TERRIBLE SERVICE! I have been a customer for way too long (9+ years) and the minimum time to resolve an issue by phone is usually 30+ minutes. Worse yet, I have to call too often. Many calls are 1+ hours. Many times the service rep seems to have very limited knowledge and seems to be fumbling through resources seeking a solution. These representatives frequently have a language barrier even though we are speaking English. I have asked for a supervisor to call me back and sometimes I do not get that (or if they do it gets lost in the frequent acct rep switch calls). The reps often do not understand or don't pay attention to my issue, even when they repeat the request back to me. Today's issue was 62 min {case# **}.

RingCentral response

K.B., we're really sorry to hear that you've had this experience. We'd like to help if we can. We'll send you a private response.

RingCentral expert review by Ellen Muraskin

RingCentral has over a decade of experience in the VoIP industry and has served more than 300,000 customers.​

• All-inclusive phone system: Their all-inclusive system includes conferencing, mobile app, user-friendly interface for adds, changes and multimedia communication.

• Accent on collaboration: RingCentral embraces the less-email trend with an app/interface, called Glip, which integrates task and calendar management, instant messaging and file sharing à la Slack.

• Accent on integration: Built as an open platform from the ground up, RingCentral's industry-standard APIs and SDK let your developers easily integrate your communications into key business processes and applications. Out-of-the-box integrations include Outlook, Salesforce.com, Box, ZenDesk, Google and Oracle.

• Reasonable rates: Plans start as low as $24.99 per month per user.

• Offers toll free to customers: Using RingCentral services, businesses can quickly and easily set up toll-free numbers for customer use.

• Best for: Small businesses and large corporations.

Profile picture of Ellen Muraskin
      Ellen Muraskin VoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

RingCentral Company Information