Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.39/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

RingCentral is a cloud-based global telephone system for all types of businesses. With RingCentral, moving your business phone system to the cloud is easy & straightforward. Our cloud platform allows for easy to access to secure voice, fax, text, audio conferencing, and online meetings. No matter how many office locations you have, our team of experts at RingCentral are ready to set everything up for you and allow for a smooth transition. Contact us today.

RingCentral Reviews

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

I was previously with Verizon. While they were great for my small business needs, they were getting expensive. I signed a contract with RingCentral and immediately got nervous with the reviews. They were all bad. I had already signed my agreement, noticed I had a 30-day clause, and stuck with it. Transferring the lines over was a little complicated, but I used the chat feature on Ring Central's website, and they walked me through. NO PROBLEMS. Any issues I have run into, their chat feature was there. It was quick and painless.

The pricing is better than Verizon's. I could probably go back to Verizon, and claim I'm getting a deal somewhere else to have them cut the price down... But Ring Central has more features. I love the app, in house texting, and can call from my cell while using the office number. I no longer have to let clients know my cell... So, why so many BAD reviews? No one feels the need to voice their opinion when they're happy. Only when they want their complaints to be expressed. I never put helpful reviews out there either. - So, here ya go! A good review. A Happy Customer, Kaitlyn.

RingCentral response
        Kaitlyn, Thank you so much for your review.

We're thrilled to hear about your experience and are grateful to you for taking the time to share it.

We're going to send over a private response, as we'd love to learn more.

Keep in touch!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

The Best Cloud PBX Available. I have been using RingCentral for several years and have even recommended it to friends with this type of need. I am extremely happy with the entire company as a whole from price, features, phones, and tech support. I am a heavy user meaning that I use a majority of the offered features; desk phone, softphone, mobile app, fax, conference calls, video meetings, remote control of end-user PCs for support and I find that everything works as advertised.

Any of the few times that I have actually needed the assistance of tech support, the staff were quick to respond, knowledgeable, and polite. My issues were always resolved in a single phone call. The price has never gone up or as in some of the reviews that I have read here, doubled so I can't understand where these comments are coming from. It is as if they are talking about a completely different company. I have and still do recommend RingCentral to people. My experience has never been what I have been reading on this review site.

RingCentral response
        Great news, Edward! We love to hear about customers thriving with our products!

We'll shoot you a private response, if you'd like to share more! THANK YOU!

Get expert buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I have been using RingCentral phone services for my small business for over a year now. The service in terms of calls (making, receiving, forwarding and voicemail), faxes (send/receive), video chat, and much more. You will not go wrong as a small business having RingCentral phone or should I call it "Communication Services". When I have had issues with setup, diagnosing issues, etc. the RingCentral Support has been timely, professional, very knowledgable, and always fixed the issue on the first contact. The cost, the services, the support and the ability to expand as your business grows is a sound business decision.

RingCentral response

We love hearing this, Ralph! We're super appreciative of your feedback.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

I had to contact customer support a few times and each time I found the customer service reps helpful, friendly and professional. The phone quality is at times scratchy but in three years not much to complain about with RingCentral. The system has gotten too complicated to manage on my own. Tech support helps with any changes needed and testing is done to make sure features are working as needed. This service meets the needs of my small business with two locations in two different states.

RingCentral response

Elizabeth! Thank you so much for your feedback. We're glad to hear you feel supported. We're always working to improve and your experience is very important to us.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I have a small insurance agency and decided to have a soft client with CableOne now Sparklight. It was a complete nightmare and they finally told me I was the only one using a soft client. So, RingCentral has been a breeze. It was easy to setup and the transition has been smooth. The people have been very friendly and responsive. No problems yet....

Andy,

So great to hear you're having a great experience! We appreciate your feedback. Please reach out if we can support you further.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RingCentral?

Original review: April 2, 2020

I have actually been a business customer since late 2010, so I am pretty shocked and disgusted that multiple calls and emails have been completely ignored. My account renewed automatically on 3/14/20 at a rate more than twice my previous annual rates with no disclosure of the extreme price hike other than "how we are billing you is going to change" (and virtually no change/addition of services). I immediately filed a dispute with them and was assigned a case number as well as a "specialist" by the name of Ariel **. This specialist emailed me the next day (3/15) and told me that they would be contacting me via phone during business hours.  No one ever called or followed up in any manner, and an additional 5 emails to "the specialist assigned to my case" have gone completely unanswered.

I have attempted to contact their customer service number and have out-waited the "estimated wait time" by more than 45 minutes two times now without anyone ever coming on the line. In the recording that repeats over and over, they suggest that you go to their website and "chat with someone live". I have attempted to do that more than once, once again waiting a very long time for "the next available operator" to assist me without anyone ever coming on to assist. They have simply made themselves impossible to contact by any method, so my only option at this point is to try and work through my bank to dispute the charge. They were a good company up until this point, but if their solution is to price gouge their long-time customers and then simply ignore all attempts by that customer to contact them, I would recommend you stay far, far away.

Original review: April 1, 2020

They give you a great starting rate, then when the contract renews, they hit you up with a 400% increase. The service constantly goes down and each week I get a new account manager because I complain too much. I am paying $400/month for 3 users!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
          Original review: March 30, 2020

I've tried for three weeks to get a number back that they are handling for me now. I've been on three separate conference calls with them and T-Mobile but they agreed that they had all the information they needed to transfer and then found another reason not to transfer it.

RingCentral response

Joseph, we'll share an email via private response. Please reach out so we can assist with your porting issue.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
          Original review: March 21, 2020

The 800 number I purchased never worked for more than a week and calling Ringcentral to correct the problem was only met with false solutions and at most the number working for 2 or 3 days. Customer service is just as bad as the service itself. The website and rep was misleading when I purchased the 800 number telling me my number won't be available for 2 weeks for use only after I paid for the service. Speaking to a Ringcentral rep today on the phone in wrong dept. and was told by the rep he could transfer me to the correct dept but offer me an 800 and said call yourself, I had to insist on being transfer since I was on hold for 20mins. Overall my experience with RingCentral was not a good one and I wouldn't recommend this service to my main competitor.

RingCentral response
          Troy, we're so sorry about your experience. This is very disappointing to hear and we would like to investigate if you are open to it.

Can you please contact us? We'll share an email address in a private response.

Original review: March 20, 2020

I used this service for two years but decided to cancel. As others note, they intentionally make the process a living hell. You can’t do it online or even remove credit card info. I had to block payment by contacting my credit card company. Stay away! Completely unethical.

RingCentral response

Thanks for your feedback, Chris. We'll take this back to the appropriate teams.

RingCentral expert review by Ellen Muraskin

RingCentral has over a decade of experience in the VoIP industry and has served more than 300,000 customers.​

• All-inclusive phone system: Their all-inclusive system includes conferencing, mobile app, user-friendly interface for adds, changes and multimedia communication.

• Accent on collaboration: RingCentral embraces the less-email trend with an app/interface, called Glip, which integrates task and calendar management, instant messaging and file sharing à la Slack.

• Accent on integration: Built as an open platform from the ground up, RingCentral's industry-standard APIs and SDK let your developers easily integrate your communications into key business processes and applications. Out-of-the-box integrations include Outlook, Salesforce.com, Box, ZenDesk, Google and Oracle.

• Reasonable rates: Plans start as low as $24.99 per month per user.

• Offers toll free to customers: Using RingCentral services, businesses can quickly and easily set up toll-free numbers for customer use.

• Best for: Small businesses and large corporations.

by Ellen Muraskin VoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

RingCentral Company Information