1.01/5

Looking for a good VoIP provider?

RingCentral

RingCentral is a cloud-based global telephone system for all types of businesses. With RingCentral, moving your business phone system to the cloud is easy & straightforward. Our cloud platform allows for easy to access to secure voice, fax, text, audio conferencing, and online meetings. No matter how many office locations you have, our team of experts at RingCentral are ready to set everything up for you and allow for a smooth transition. Contact us today.

180 RingCentral Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 16, 2019

I'm having the same issue as everyone else on this where the contract renewed automatically although I was told something different. Even when I walk through the string of emails with my account manager that clearly showed that I was not committing to a new term in the contract I got nowhere. And, also along with what other people of said, getting to talk to my account manager is a nightmare. No one else in the company can answer my question so they always direct me to this one person who I've grown to dislike immensely. I've noted in my calendar the day that my renewal is set to be done and if I do nothing else in this life I'm going to be sure to cancel it before it resets.

Original review: April 12, 2019

This is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with. They have lots of hidden fees and the worst customer service team I've ever come across. The sales team will tell you what you want to hear and then when your bill is 3 times as much as expected they will just tell you a bunch of mumbo jumbo and disconnect the call. Expect to be on the phone with them for 2 hours every time you call.

Get expert buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 10, 2019

As most of the other reviewers have pointed out, this company uses shady sales techniques to lure you into signing a contract which does not include the terms that you discuss with your sales rep. I spoke with a sales rep in 2016 who assured me that after one year I would be on a month to month contract and could cancel at anytime without penalty. Service was decent to be honest during our use of the company. I had no complaints, however we needed to move on to another company for pricing reasons. I called to cancel my contract and what do you know apparently the contract I signed could not be cancelled and the rep on the phone told me I had signed a commitment.

I want to be very clear here, it is considered misrepresentation when a company tells you one thing during the sales process, and the contract includes something completely contradictory. The sales rep asked me multiple times if I had read the contract to ensure the terms were what the sales rep told me. If the rep tells me there is no cancellation penalty and no commitment and then presents me with a contract that is contradictory that is misrepresentation. I HIGHLY recommend staying away from this company, below average admin portal for management, shady and borderline illegal sales techniques, and god awful customer service (outsourced to somewhere). USE ANOTHER COMPANY FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

Original review: April 9, 2019

We purchased a one-line service to manage our timekeeping system and we started the process in early March. They stated we had to pay before they could port our phone number from our current provider. We paid for a full year of service on March 11, 2019. On Saturday April 6, 2019 our phone line stopped working. RingCentral does not have any after hours or emergency technical support at all. We came in on Monday hoping to get everything resolved. But after spending hours on the phone we were finally told at 6 pm that we needed to send them a letter with all of our information on it even though they had a copy of our bill. Plus all of our company information was on our Service Agreement they sent us on 3/11/19!

I had RingCentral and Spectrum on 2 different phones on speaker and RingCentral continuously blamed Spectrum for not working with us and getting us what we needed! Once I got all the documents together and emailed I was told that it would be 5-7 business days before our service was ported over! I was then told by RingCentral to not contact them in the future and just wait for their technical department to contact us when service was back up and running.

I would never recommend this company to anyone ever. They only want your money and don't care to provide service! We requested multiple times to speak with a manager and on 2 occasions they disconnected the call, another occasion they stated the manager would call back in 1 hr (never happened). On the last call I was told the managers were all unavailable and could not be disturbed (WOW)!!!! We didn't do our homework in validating. This was an ethical and customer service driven company - we have now learned our lesson - can't wait until we can cancel this service!

Original review: April 3, 2019

When I signed up, my sales person told me that I could pay month to month after 1 year. Their service has been spotty at times and at times didn't receive calls. They are also the most expensive company out there!! I tried to cancel and was told I had to pay for 4 more months after being with them for 20 months. I was told if I did not pay, they would pursue legal action with collections. My new company, Nextiva is MUCH cheaper, much better service and they are month to month and you can cancel at anytime! Ring Central's sales people lie to get you locked in to a long contract and will sue if you don't pay even though they have many issues with their service. They told me they were located in the USA but EVERY person who I have spoke with in the the Philippines...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RingCentral?

Original review: March 29, 2019

We were in the market for an updated system, to be more with the changing times. We wanted to text, to have a system where it would ring certain phones (extenstions). We wanted a customizable system. RingCentral promised all of that! With new phones and training. First off- be sure you read every piece of literature they email you, thoroughly with a fine tooth comb. Because they don't help you.

The trainer was totally scripted and could not answer any of my questions. No one said we need extra outlets and cat5/6 lines, it was all in the fine print. No one said we would lose phone service for half a day. We would have planned the obtaining of the phone number to happen when we weren't seeing patients. It is not customizable to what we needed. At all. I spent probably 40 hours trying to make it work, from multiple calls consisting of hours on the phone with techs. Getting additional email accounts set up which we didn't know we needed. Ordering parts from Amazon to try to make it work. We had the system for less than a month. Paid the $3000 and we cancelled it in the 30 day window.

Now- they just cancel it. Charge you a restocking fee... even though the phones we sent back were barely used. We only work 3 days a week... Do the math 3 days a week in 30 days. I had saved every plastic wrap and bubble wrap and twist tie. BUT to make things worse - they drop you like flies. We are a few months out now and still don't have our phone system back to the way it was prior to RingCentral taking over. We are now stuck and needing to spend more money to get our system back to actually working. They washed their hands as soon as we said, "No, this isn't working." I have nothing good to say about them. Complete waste of time and money. Read the fine print- they don't give you all of your money back in the "trial" period. Stay away from RingCentral.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I've cancelled this service twice. It was never activated and never used but RingCentral charged $269.10 without providing any service. After the first cancellation, I received an email asking me to activate the account again. I never activated it but they billed again the next month. This is the worst excuse for a business I've ever run across.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Takes HOURS to get to tech support, horrible service. Lost over $500 in 3 months because system did not work and they were unable to make it work as promised. Then refused to refund as we prepaid the year service - HORRIBLE!!!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

This company is the worst I have ever dealt with. They never got our system functioning and charged us, not accepting our concerns, making us pay. I wish that I had spent the money to try to fight their contract long ago instead of thinking that they were better people than that and would work to help get it online. We even were going to have to pay on outside source to have to set up the system for us!! How ridiculous is it that people can make a living setting up software for a company that they have nothing to do with because the company is so terrible at it! When trying to downgrade and cancel the program they tell me I owe restocking fees, and have to pay out a contract that they have yet to be able to make function. It is the worst tech investment I have ever made in all my years as business owner. Don't waste your time or MONEY! DO NOT EVER DO SERVICE WITH THEM!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

We've been with RingCentral for about 9 months. It took the last 3 to get out of our contract. You contact customer support, and get no resolve to your problem. They couldn't even figure out how to fix one of our phones that was ringing 2 hours later than every one of our other phones. That was our employee that figured out that it was on a different time zone that what we're in! We've been missing calls, the phones don't work as we need them to, we have to change our hours on a weekly basis, and guess what! We have three places we have to change it in, if we don't, then we don't receive phone calls!

It's the worst system ever. Now we've gotten out of our contract, they won't port over because our corporate name and DBA name are two different names, and they can't get it through their heads that it is the same company. Plus the name on the account has to be the EXACT SAME on the porting documents. What if that person doesn't work here anymore? I tried calling to see if they could possibly accept what we filled out, NOPE! Not the same company, and not the same name. Take your business elsewhere!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Signed up for RingCentral as a future-forward option of VOIP, unfortunately, it was short-lived, with terrible reception, customers complaining about the quality and not taking the business calls seriously as some calls sound like you are calling from a different country where telecommunications are dated. The staff was unhappy with reliability. RingCentral provides a lot of useless bells and whistles which upfront sound amazing but for the cost, you already might have the same options available to you through your other partners. (example RingCentral meetings, we have Skype for business which functions more reliably and is well known by our clients).

The main key point is customer service, it is almost non-existent, I had an automated email from "account manager" when we signed up and no support since. Till a year later when we canceled, and another "account manager" sent an automated email stating they are now our new account manager, again no real help, solutions or support. We had prepaid for the year and very proactive, however, when called in to cancel after our "term" ended, the agent canceled our service immediately, we had business disruption and lack of service, along with investing more time to call in to fix the issue created by them.

We moved to a more reliable and standard telecommunication company for time being which we can trust and when required easily port numbers out from. The numbers we had with RingCentral on our websites, materials, business cards will be useless as they don't support port out. But since we are proactive, this was a better business decision to take that hit early on instead of committing to more headache and misery for the future to save pennies now. At this point, if I can go back in time with my first year of service. With the number of alternate options available, I would never pick this as an option for a serious and growing business.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

If you need any type of customer service for existing customers, you will be OUT OF LUCK! I simply need to update credit card information for autodraft, could not receive help via telephone, chat or website. This is so they will get paid and I still can't get any help!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Do not use RingCentral at all for your phone or system provider. If you decide to use them never porting your phone to them, because you will never be able to port it out. They will always find something not to release your number. I'm trying for 3 months back and forth with the winning provider to port out my phone number and keep paying the monthly charges always find a reason not to release it.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

RingCentral ported my phones before the agreed upon date. I lost an entire day of calls. The customer service center is not helpful. You also can't speak to someone in the United States. Their escalation department is always in a meeting. It has been 2 weeks and counting to get my number ported back to my original phone provider. They may have good marketing because their service is so bad they have to compensate by delivering sub par services. Do yourself a favor. There are plenty of companies out there, DON'T USE RINGCENTRAL!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Think twice before using RingCentral. Your calls are route to the UK and the service sucks! Three weeks trying to get a number ported... Reason 1. Name is not spelled correctly 2. Address is incorrect. They won’t port it for the same reason each time. #ringcentral Office of the President calls and sends an email without an phone number asking how they can resolve my problem. (A phone company who refuses to give you a call back number) - problem #2.

During the conversation with @ringcentral rep she said, “ma’am I can’t hear you” and my reply, “exactly why I am getting rid of your company”. Your lines??? VOIP RingCentral uses a ringout system - in the middle of a conversation the caller is abruptly placed on hold and, the call is routed through your carrier. It appears that you are calling yourself - you must answer to rejoin the call. Yeah, it's crazy!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Auto-renewed our contract for 2 years when we ported over our number to another company and won't let us cancel or downgrade service unless we pay for the entire term of the 2-year contract we were forced into without our knowledge. Many technical issues including undelivered calls, dropped calls, and fax lines NEVER work for fax machines. Be prepared to spend days trying to get support from their support team and never get any help. You basically have to beg them to help but you never get anything other than their scripted responses, and they do not honor their SLAs. Buyer beware, stay away from RingCentral!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Save yourself the heartache and go to Phone.com. RingCentral was the absolute worst service and customer service I have ever received. Their year-long contracts are archaic and they have no regard for you as a person or a customer.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

We purchased 4 handsets and one base (VOIP) from RingCentral for $500. After spending more than 10 hours with tech support to get them to work. I was told I needed to purchase an additional 3 lines (I originally only had one line). After purchasing the 3 new lines for total of 4 lines, RingCentral tech support was still unable to get the lines to work right. At this point our bill went from $20/mo to $239/mo (just for the extra 3 lines). We'd miss the majority of calls altogether, sometimes we'd get a call, but it would drop. We were unable to make calls.

Then they said we needed to buy 3 more bases to get the system to work better. I didn't want to spend even more money to get these phones to work. We decided to go back to using just one line as we had been before (with success). Ring Central wouldn't let us out of the new contract for the additional 3 lines. I talked with customer support several times (a total of more than 12 hours), to get them to let me out of the contract because they said if I'd bought the extra 3 lines the phones would work - but they didn't.

Basically they didn't hold of their end of the deal but wanted me to make more purchases. I refused to pay more money - just wanted the one line again. So now I'm left with paying this new contract through until it ends in 9 months (it was a 12 month contract but 3 months have passed since I've been trying to get out of it). They should allow a customer out of a contract if they can't fulfill their end of the bargain - by getting their phones and lines to work. This is completely unacceptable!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

It took 3 months to cancel this service! I signed up using my credit card. I needed it only for 2-3 weeks for fax purposes. To cancel the service, you have to call. They have no other option. I canceled, but then the next month I'm charged again. They didn't want to refund. I canceled again and asked to remove my account. Next month I'm charged again! I called my bank and requested credit card replacement. Another month and another charge, but I can't even log in to the account. I had to go to my branch and show them everything on my laptop. I spent 2 hours with the banker.

After proving to my bank what happened they were able to replace the card number. I have no idea how RingCentral was able to charge my card with different exp date, etc. Now they can't charge because the card number is different. To make sure that this will not be reported to any credit bureau I started talking to all of them to make sure that RingCentral will never be related with me! They have customer service only if you want to pay them money. What a scam!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

We subscribed to the RingCentral office phone service. At that time the salesperson told us that we would have an initial 12 months term and that after the end of the term we can cancel with a 30 day notice. After 2.5 years we decided to terminate the service because it has been problematic and does not work reliably. The number forwarding does not work at all and keeps on sending the calls to VM. We were told that the contract renewed automatically without notice after the initial 12 months and that we would have to pay for the rest of the year if we were to terminate early. This is not what the salesperson told us when we signed the agreement. I would not recommend this service, it is very misleading and dishonest company.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I rarely write a negative review, but I wish someone would've warned me. We prepaid for a year of service, only to have them bump the cost from $500 to $10,000 after two months. We obviously canceled, being told we would get a partial refund, which we are still fighting to receive months later. They have tried every dirty trick in the book and are wasting time with excuses like, we didn't notify them. So we sent a record of no less than 3 emails and 4 phone calls stating the termination of services. Still no refund. Practices like this require this company to be shut down.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Almost impossible to get a-hold of anyone on the phone unless, of course, you want to upgrade or buy more services. THEN they answer right away. When I tried to cancel, I was repeatedly sent to a 'cancellation' extension line that would put me on hold for 30 minutes and then just go dead. Complete waste of my time. The service itself is not worth what they charge. Don't waste your time and money.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Message to Ring Central: I bought desktop phones that will not work though I spent 5 plus hours on the phone with config. I am running my business on the Reach app which isn't working well... I need desk phones. I have been in telecom for 20 years and recently switched industries so I know telecom and the customer service that should go with it. I will never suggest RingCentral to my former Verizon or Windstream customers nor will I suggest it to any of my new commercial insurance customers.

The main reason for this is that your product didn't work for me and you still wouldn't let me out of the contract since you gave me a small discount on the monthly service. This is VOIP so you are not leasing any local loops from the ILEC so you are not under any contract for loops to provide me service so you could easily let me out of my contract since I have also returned the equipment that I actually need - desktop phones. Your only basis for holding me to the service agreement is greed.

I'll be sure to spread the word and post this on your sites since you asked for my ratings and my opinion. You won't be receiving any referrals from me and I will be sure to spread the word on the negative experience that I had with your company - sent me phones that would not work on my network and refuse to let me out of my contract.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I've been humor Ring Central for pretty much 24 months primarily 'cause they'd not really let's depart the agreement in spite of getting plenty and a lot of difficulties. The internet user interface is actually ineffective as well as way too excessively complex. Whenever you diamond ring in order to straighten out difficulties the actual experts tend to be located in the actual Philippines. As well as British capability isn't great. These people say goodbye with no one really wants to consider obligation with regard to something. The phone call high quality is actually great whenever this functions, nonetheless they deliver a good revise about the softphone each and every three or four several weeks which usually interferes everything upward.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

RingCentral's support is horrendously lacking. There are product enhancements requested by customers on the books for 4 or more years that should be fairly easy to implement, but those requests have been ignored by the product development team. It appears that the management of this company is not interested in providing the service that customer are requesting, but providing the service that suits management. We have had RC for a few years and will be switching to something else as soon as we can.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Terrible organization. Steer clear. I've 115 cell phones together as well as I am departing. Poor telephone program as well as customer support is actually even worse compared to DMV. The service provided by them was inconvenient as well as time consuming, so it was a terrible experience. I never recommend to RingCentral.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I need my office phone and cell phone to ring at the same time when I receive any phone call on my office line. I have contacted Customer NO Service with RingCentral for the 3rd time to get this fixed. Each time they advised that it was fixed, it worked when we tested in and then stops working. I'm tired of talking to people in a 3rd world country who can't speak English clearly. Selecting RingCentral was a BAD Choice for my company.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Their customer service is totally terrible. Ever since I first signed up they have certainly changed the way they deal with customer service. The service provided by them was inconvenient as well as time consuming, so it was a terrible experience. Pros: Absolutely nothing. Cons: Cancellation.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Terrible Customer Service. No maintenance on time. I am very disappointed with services of RingCentral. My clients were also disappointed with me because whenever they try to contact with me my phones were busy.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I had an preliminary 2 year agreement that ran through April 2018. My company was already in problems and I closed operations 11/29. I called to cancel services as well as was told that they automatically renew for an extra 2 years unless you cancel 29 days ahead of your initial contract end date. So I have no salary and no way to cancel. The customer service individuals were horrible and said that their collections agency will be coming after me for the full contract amount of one more 18 months.

RingCentral expert review by Ellen Muraskin

RingCentral has over a decade of experience in the VoIP industry and has served more than 300,000 customers.​

• All-inclusive phone system: Their all-inclusive system includes conferencing, mobile app, user-friendly interface for adds, changes and multimedia communication.

• Accent on collaboration: RingCentral embraces the less-email trend with an app/interface, called Glip, which integrates task and calendar management, instant messaging and file sharing à la Slack.

• Accent on integration: Built as an open platform from the ground up, RingCentral's industry-standard APIs and SDK let your developers easily integrate your communications into key business processes and applications. Out-of-the-box integrations include Outlook, Salesforce.com, Box, ZenDesk, Google and Oracle.

• Reasonable rates: Plans start as low as $24.99 per month per user.

• Offers toll free to customers: Using RingCentral services, businesses can quickly and easily set up toll-free numbers for customer use.

• Best for: Small businesses and large corporations.

Profile picture of Ellen Muraskin
    Ellen Muraskin VoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

RingCentral Company Information