1.64/5

Looking for a good VoIP provider?

RingCentral

RingCentral is a cloud-based global telephone system for all types of businesses. With RingCentral, moving your business phone system to the cloud is easy & straightforward. Our cloud platform allows for easy to access to secure voice, fax, text, audio conferencing, and online meetings. No matter how many office locations you have, our team of experts at RingCentral are ready to set everything up for you and allow for a smooth transition. Contact us today.

Looking for a good VoIP provider?

RingCentral Reviews

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

The Best Cloud PBX Available. I have been using RingCentral for several years and have even recommended it to friends with this type of need. I am extremely happy with the entire company as a whole from price, features, phones, and tech support. I am a heavy user meaning that I use a majority of the offered features; desk phone, softphone, mobile app, fax, conference calls, video meetings, remote control of end-user PCs for support and I find that everything works as advertised.

Any of the few times that I have actually needed the assistance of tech support, the staff were quick to respond, knowledgeable, and polite. My issues were always resolved in a single phone call. The price has never gone up or as in some of the reviews that I have read here, doubled so I can't understand where these comments are coming from. It is as if they are talking about a completely different company. I have and still do recommend RingCentral to people. My experience has never been what I have been reading on this review site.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I have been using RingCentral phone services for my small business for over a year now. The service in terms of calls (making, receiving, forwarding and voicemail), faxes (send/receive), video chat, and much more. You will not go wrong as a small business having RingCentral phone or should I call it "Communication Services". When I have had issues with setup, diagnosing issues, etc. the RingCentral Support has been timely, professional, very knowledgable, and always fixed the issue on the first contact. The cost, the services, the support and the ability to expand as your business grows is a sound business decision.

RingCentral response

We love hearing this, Ralph! We're super appreciative of your feedback.

Get expert buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

Have used Ringcentral for 8 years and the product gets better each year. Use the phone system 12 hours a day, 6 days a week and have experienced no down time in the past five years. Customer service has been responsive and the system has great and easy to use features

RingCentral response

Great to hear about your experience, David! Thank you for this feedback!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

I had to contact customer support a few times and each time I found the customer service reps helpful, friendly and professional. The phone quality is at times scratchy but in three years not much to complain about with RingCentral. The system has gotten too complicated to manage on my own. Tech support helps with any changes needed and testing is done to make sure features are working as needed. This service meets the needs of my small business with two locations in two different states.

RingCentral response

Elizabeth! Thank you so much for your feedback. We're glad to hear you feel supported. We're always working to improve and your experience is very important to us.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I have a small insurance agency and decided to have a soft client with CableOne now Sparklight. It was a complete nightmare and they finally told me I was the only one using a soft client. So, RingCentral has been a breeze. It was easy to setup and the transition has been smooth. The people have been very friendly and responsive. No problems yet....

Andy,

So great to hear you're having a great experience! We appreciate your feedback. Please reach out if we can support you further.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RingCentral?

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

I've been using Ring Central for 4 months. We don't use phones but use their app to connect our cell phones. Before signing up we explained to our account manager what we needed. Once we signed up it took us several months to get the phones working how we explained EXCEPT there is no caller ID. Our account rep (Rose) told us we only needed to import our contacts into Ring Central for that to work. Nope, that still doesn't work. We are now told that caller ID is included in an upgrade. (Come on RC). We are no longer in 1980. Caller ID shouldn't be an upcharge in 2019. After multiple conversations I finally relented and asked what it would cost for the upgrade. I was told one price but then when they sent me the change order it was more. They said it was because there were more services in the upgrade package even though I didn't want the other services.

There are two issues.

1 - I was told that the package I had would suffice for what I needed.

2 - When told I did actually need to upgrade for caller ID, I was given a price then later told it was more expensive than quoted.

I paid for an entire year in advance for the price break but also because i was told it would be all I needed so I'm stuck for a year without a system that provides what I need unless I pay more. RC seems to have the habit of bait and switch. The last conversation I had with them they put me on hold 6 times. The 6th time I was on hold for 15 minutes before I finally just hung up. Two stars were given instead of one because the service does work once it's finally set up. But their customer service is lacking, the bait & switch tactics, and charging for services that were supposed to be included earn them a generous 2 stars.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

We have used RingCentral for several years. Using the app, my employees and I can dial out using various phone numbers, and text with our clients. It's the perfect solution for a growing small business. The customer service has been excellent. A+.

RingCentral response

Thanks so much for your feedback, Marc! We are so pleased to hear that you RingCentral is a good solution for your small business. Please feel free to reach out if we can help further!

Resolution response: Oct. 9, 2019

I had to send the phones back myself after waiting on hold for a half hour. They wanted to charge me $25.00 per phone to return them ($500). "Don't worry we'll refund it to you once we've received everything back".... No thanks! I don't trust this company, they aren't getting another dime from me.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I negotiated a 45-day trial instead of a 30 and needed every minute of it. We got phones in that didn’t do what they said they’d do. Instead of cancelling I opted to try a different set of phones. It took me almost 30 days to get the second set, which didn’t do what we wanted either. I’ll give them this, it was a good sales pitch. Try it free for 30 (or in my case 45) days. What they don’t tell you’ll need to give them a credit card so they can ship the phones to you. “Don’t worry, that will get refunded”. Haven’t seen the refund for those charges yet.

Really what it comes down to is a trail period of about 15-days because they won’t cancel your service until everything is returned back to them and they’ve received it. I’ve spent HOURS dealing with Ring Central, I wish I could get that time back, but lesson learned. This is to the representative from Ring Central that responds to these reviews. Please don’ t reach out to see if this can be “resolved”. I tried that when I was a customer, even reached out to my sales reps. boss and the COO…. Nothing. Let’s keep it that way.

RingCentral response

Heather, this doesn't sound right! We'd like to help if we can. We'll send you a private response with some contact information to help with your concerns.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

Unfortunately RingCentral seems to use devious tactics to repeatedly charge and bill, without hope of cancellation. They have now passed $1800 of charges, and have never provided a working phone. I urge the consumer to avoid this company, at your own financial peril.

RingCentral response

Roger, we're sorry to hear about your experience. We'd like to help if we can. We'll send a private response with contact information.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
      Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

We've been using RingCentral for years without any problems, but recently, they changed something in the account contract and they double the price (approx 165$ to more than 300$ every month), for exactly the same service we use to have. We've been trying to explain them that it was senseless but they didn't seems to care. They simply told us that their politics has changed and there was nothing to do about it except to pay. I think that it's bad. We told them that if nothing changes, we were gonna change our service provider, and they just told us: "Okay then." We're in business since 10 years, and it's one of the worst case we've seen with a supplier. The service isn't bad, but the customer service is 1/10.

RingCentral response

Olivier, we're terribly sorry to hear this. If we can help to turn this around, please reach out. We'll share a private response with our contact information.

RingCentral expert review by Ellen Muraskin

RingCentral has over a decade of experience in the VoIP industry and has served more than 300,000 customers.​

• All-inclusive phone system: Their all-inclusive system includes conferencing, mobile app, user-friendly interface for adds, changes and multimedia communication.

• Accent on collaboration: RingCentral embraces the less-email trend with an app/interface, called Glip, which integrates task and calendar management, instant messaging and file sharing à la Slack.

• Accent on integration: Built as an open platform from the ground up, RingCentral's industry-standard APIs and SDK let your developers easily integrate your communications into key business processes and applications. Out-of-the-box integrations include Outlook, Salesforce.com, Box, ZenDesk, Google and Oracle.

• Reasonable rates: Plans start as low as $24.99 per month per user.

• Offers toll free to customers: Using RingCentral services, businesses can quickly and easily set up toll-free numbers for customer use.

• Best for: Small businesses and large corporations.

Profile picture of Ellen Muraskin
      Ellen Muraskin VoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

RingCentral Company Information