Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.23/5

RingCentral is a cloud-based global telephone system for all types of businesses. With RingCentral, moving your business phone system to the cloud is easy & straightforward. Our cloud platform allows for easy to access to secure voice, fax, text, audio conferencing, and online meetings. No matter how many office locations you have, our team of experts at RingCentral are ready to set everything up for you and allow for a smooth transition. Contact us today.

RingCentral Learn More

Start receiving calls today

Manage Your Business Phone System with Dash from VirtualPBX

Get started

Start receiving calls today

Manage Your Business Phone System with Dash from VirtualPBX

Get started

RingCentral Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RingCentral?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RingCentral?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

I have been using RingCentral Office for quite some time now. It is very easy to use. Voice and video quality is superb. PLUS it is very convenient since I can use my mobile phone to convert a regular phone call to a meeting and share screen on the fly. I can also shift from my desktop to my mobile phone on a click of a button.

Original review: July 20, 2020

I have just started my service with RingCentral and have found that their customer support from sales to questions I had setting up my phone and service has been excellent. I work from home and needed an office phone to conduct work. After asking around and reading several reviews I chose RingCentral. The process has been seamless for the most part, I had 2 minor issues (self imposed) during the set up of my desk phone, but I called customer support and they were quick to respond and took care of my issues. I might add as well that I did not have to go through endless questions with a computer generated problem solver - went right to a person and resolved everything. They resolved my answer message that sent all calls directly to voice mail as well as an issue with my extension not dialing outside numbers.

Both issues were a result of how I had originally set up my service when I received my phone. Had I followed my account Rep's suggestion to have him on the phone during set-up I'm sure these issues would not have occurred. Another reason I rated them 4-star is that during the initial sign-up the account manager matched my needs with the service package (which was not the most expensive one) as well as the phone I needed to meet my needs. Refreshing to work with a company that places the needs of their customer ahead of sales. Professional, Friendly, and patient across the board.

Get buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

Had to remove a line because the person using it refused to help chip in his part and also didn't want to know how to use it at all. Called retention department and got it removed without hassle. I recommend RingCentral.

Sincerely,

Core Dream Solutions

RingCentral response
    This is great to hear! Thanks for this feedback. We're excited to share it with our Retention Team.

Happy holidays!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

I was previously with Verizon. While they were great for my small business needs, they were getting expensive. I signed a contract with RingCentral and immediately got nervous with the reviews. They were all bad. I had already signed my agreement, noticed I had a 30-day clause, and stuck with it. Transferring the lines over was a little complicated, but I used the chat feature on Ring Central's website, and they walked me through. NO PROBLEMS. Any issues I have run into, their chat feature was there. It was quick and painless.

The pricing is better than Verizon's. I could probably go back to Verizon, and claim I'm getting a deal somewhere else to have them cut the price down... But Ring Central has more features. I love the app, in house texting, and can call from my cell while using the office number. I no longer have to let clients know my cell... So, why so many BAD reviews? No one feels the need to voice their opinion when they're happy. Only when they want their complaints to be expressed. I never put helpful reviews out there either. - So, here ya go! A good review. A Happy Customer, Kaitlyn.

RingCentral response
    Kaitlyn, Thank you so much for your review.

We're thrilled to hear about your experience and are grateful to you for taking the time to share it.

We're going to send over a private response, as we'd love to learn more.

Keep in touch!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

If you are small business stay away from RingCentral. Original I was with 8x8 then switched to RingCentral for little cheaper service and more options. That was mistake. Lot of my customers could not get through. If they did I could not hear them. After about 2 month every day on the phone with them trying to fix the problem. No luck. I called back 8x8 to get the service back but RingCentral keeps rejecting when 8x8 tries to port the phone #s. It's been 3 month and no luck paying both ringcentral and 8x8 and no luck. Very disappointed and pissed off.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

Would not recommend them. We have been a customer since March, 2017. In December, 2019 they started charging us $49.99 for each mobile user who received 10 or more calls per month. We have over 300 agents so you can imagine the surprise when we got our December invoice in January. We had a signed contract that was not expiring until March 31, 2020 and yet they changed the deal without us agreeing to it. They claim they sent out a mass email to all their users notifying them of the change which they think was sufficient. Sorry but we never saw it and never agreed to it. The right way would have been to get out consent to the change in writing. Read the contract carefully. Very hard to understand the customer service reps especially over the VOIP lines they use. We are actively looking for another company to switch to.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

Ring Central customer service is not helpful at all. I've tried to reach out for customer support for my account and my company for about two weeks already and no one gets back to us or answers the phone. I've also used live chat and they still could not answer my questions. Overall not happy, do better ring central.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

I'll first say I don't normally leave negative reviews. I would rather work with a company to help them improve and give them an opportunity to make things right than slander them online. We have been working for the last 3 months with RC to try and remedy the issues here, to no avail. The phone service itself is adequate - not great, not bad. But after 8 years of using their service, our bill went from around $500 per month to $2500. Weird charges started to show up randomly. They would remove the charges if we called them, but they kept showing up. We're leaving RC to go with a company called Nextiva, which so far has been far superior in terms of customer service. I am truly optimistic that Nextiva will have the integrity and quality service over time that RC unfortunately lacks.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

The only reason I gave them two instead of one is that I like their software and dashboard. If I never needed customer service this would be great. Unfortunately even with being tech savvy I do need assistance with our hard phone setup. Their customer service is absolutely horrible. So bad that when I asked to be routed to their provisioning team they refused without the serial number to the phone with I didn't have, I even verified my account. I had been routed 15 minutes before without that information but had lost connection (which happens frequently when connected to "support"). I asked to speak with a manager and then was put on never-ending hold for over an hour and had to hang up. This isn't the first time I've had issues with their customer service and I've been with them for 2 years. Unless they are able to resolve this, I will be looking at other providers.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

I don't recommend using this app at all. Logging in is very difficult. It constantly pops up a message saying "cannot recognize this device" despite that I've logged in using the same laptop as I did the first time around. I went to their FAQs page to figure out what's wrong and according to that page, it was possibly due to my ad-blocker. So I disabled my ad-blocker but the same message popped up: "cannot recognize this device." It's completely impossible for me to login now, which is highly stress-inducing because the company I started working for communicates with their employees through this app. If you're looking for a better communications platform for your company or organization, please look elsewhere like Slack. Don't waste your time with RingCentral.

RingCentral author review by Ellen Muraskin

RingCentral has over a decade of experience in the VoIP industry and has served more than 300,000 customers.​

• All-inclusive phone system: Their all-inclusive system includes conferencing, mobile app, user-friendly interface for adds, changes and multimedia communication.

• Accent on collaboration: RingCentral embraces the less-email trend with an app/interface, called Glip, which integrates task and calendar management, instant messaging and file sharing à la Slack.

• Accent on integration: Built as an open platform from the ground up, RingCentral's industry-standard APIs and SDK let your developers easily integrate your communications into key business processes and applications. Out-of-the-box integrations include Outlook, Salesforce.com, Box, ZenDesk, Google and Oracle.

• Reasonable rates: Plans start as low as $24.99 per month per user.

• Offers toll free to customers: Using RingCentral services, businesses can quickly and easily set up toll-free numbers for customer use.

by Ellen Muraskin VoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

RingCentral Company Information