Learn More

3.7/5 (259 ratings)

About RingCentral

RingCentral offers an intuitive platform for voice, video meetings, team messaging and collaboration. From click-to-dial functionality to one-click video conferencing, everyone on your plan can readily access the same digital tools through a single, easy-to-use platform that works across office sites and mobile devices. Setup, deployment, and adoption is also easy, and IT can manage it all from anywhere. RingCentral supports all types of businesses, with plans built to each company’s size and needs. The plans can get expensive for large businesses, but the company promises no hidden fees.

Pros

• Four customizable plans
  • All-in one communications solution
  • 24/7 staff support and extensive resources
  • No hidden fees

Cons

• Not yet available in all countries
  • Might require contract

Bottom Line

RingCentral moves beyond a traditional VoIP service by providing one platform for voice, video meetings, a contact center and team messaging and collaboration. There are several plan options and price points available with no hidden fees.

What is RingCentral?

RingCentral is a comprehensive, cloud-based business communications solution that includes messaging, video, phone, fax and a contact center. The company designed the all-in-one platform to help businesses streamline its communication and eliminate the need to use separate applications for day-to-day calls, conferencing and online meetings.

RingCentral has more than 20 years of experience in the industry.

How does RingCentral work?

RingCentral works over the cloud to provide easy access to advanced communication solutions. When your business partners with RingCentral, it receives 24/7 customer support and access to a complete product knowledge base, customer community and RingCentral University resources.

RingCentral products

RingCentral’s VoIP services help replace traditional landline telephone technology with a streamlined approach to business communication. RingCentral VoIP is part of a secure and reliable virtual phone service that also leverages cloud PBX solutions.

In addition to traditional voice phone calls, businesses can get further communication services and perks like online meetings, SMS, team messaging and advanced call management features from RingCentral. The company provides a comprehensive cloud communications platform without the need for expensive wires and cabling. All you need is internet-connected devices like computers, laptops and mobile phones.

Specific RingCentral products include:

• RingCentral MVP: Includes messaging, video and phone services
  • RingCentral Video: Includes free video meetings and messaging
  • Contact Center: Handles inbound and outbound communication

RingCentral plans

RingCentral offers four MVP plans to choose from: Essentials, Standard, Premium and Ultimate. Each is centered on the number of users and the size of the business.

This plan offers messaging and phone services for $29.99 per user per month. With this option, you can get access to business phone or toll-free numbers with unlimited calls within the U.S. and Canada and business SMS. Voicemail-to-text, team messaging and document sharing are also included. This plan allows up to 20 users.
This plan offers messaging, phone and video services for $37.99 per user per month. It includes everything from the Essentials plan plus business phone numbers in more than 100 countries with unlimited internet fax and audio conferencing. Video meetings for up to 100 participants for up to 24 hours at a time are also available. This service comes with quality-of-service reports and 24/7 support. Businesses can also integrate this plan with common technologies like Office 365 and Slack.
This plan offers messaging, phone and video services for $44.99 per user per month. It includes everything from the Standard plan plus additional benefits designed to enhance productivity, including single sign-on, multi-site admin and management and hot desking. Video meetings are available with up to 200 participants for up to 24 hours at a time. Businesses also receive advanced call handling and recording, real-time analytics and access to more integrations, including Salesforce and Zendesk. Internal developers also get access to custom integrations and developer platforms.
This plan offers messaging, phone and video services for $59.99 per user per month. It includes everything from the Premium plan plus device status reports and status alerts. It also comes with unlimited storage.

RingCentral pricing

RingCentral's VoIP phone systems cost between $30 and $60 per user per month, though the company does offer discounts sometimes. The price depends on the features, capabilities and overall business goals.

The company offers a number of options that suit customer needs and budgets from the small business to enterprise customers. Pricing depends on features, capabilities and overall business goals. With transparent plans and pricing, businesses will know exactly what services and benefits they’re paying for. There are no hidden fees or charges with these services.

RingCentral FAQ

RingCentral MVP (message, video, phone) is a fully integrated platform that keeps each mode of communication and its relevant documents and links in one central space. This lets your team have video, team messaging and phone capabilities in a single mobile and desktop application for maximum flexibility.
RingCentral's Contact Center is an omnichannel solution that lets customers contact your company on the communication channel of their choice while giving agents access to the data needed to solve problems quickly and efficiently. The tool has an easy-to-use drag-and-drop development environment, and RingCentral offers multiple products and plans to improve the Call Center experience.
RingCentral Video lets participants join instantly from a browser and access full meeting functionality.
RingCentral lets you integrate ready-to-use business apps and build your own with an open API platform. The open API platform enables communications integrations with popular business apps from Google, Microsoft, Salesforce, Okta, Zendesk and ServiceNow. It also lets your company's developers build custom apps and integrations.

Is RingCentral safe?

RingCentral uses seven layers of security and redundant data centers to ensure user protection and high availability, and it has experts monitoring and optimizing the platform 24/7 to ensure service remains at the highest level possible, with available 99.999% uptime SLA. RingCentral also uses geographically dispersed data centers and rigorous security processes to effectively shield you from system failure due to operational errors, cybercrime and natural disasters.

RingCentral Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RingCentral?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RingCentral?

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

I implemented RingCentral for a client of mine. We did that on Monday. And so far, I haven't heard anything back, which not hearing anything back is a good thing in my business. I went back on Wednesday and one of the guys from the provisioning, I worked with him and we configured a conference room phone. It was a good, easy transition, and quicker than I thought. Working with everyone from RingCentral, it was on-demand support. And everything works. Everything went better than I expected.

The integrated communication, having the cell phone, having the app, and the communication features such as the video conferencing and the chat feature makes it really easy. The only thing that I would suggest is that I was working with the user and we were making a test call because he has the app on his phone and the app on his desktop computer, then he has a dedicated phone on his desk. When he called, it only rang the phone, but not the cell phone and his cell phone. So we’re trying to figure that out, which we did.

And to get it to ring to the cell phone and his cellphone, if he was away from his desk, it would take longer than expected. You have to go into settings, then go to phone, then click the toggle to forward to the app and cell phone. That probably should be a simple toggle on the main page. Say I’m at my desk, and all of a sudden, I’m on my way out of the office and gonna go home but I still want to receive my calls, I don’t want to go through fiddling with all of that, so that I can start receiving my calls on those other devices.

RingCentral response

Kareem, Thanks for sharing your experience with your customer. We're happy to hear that your customer continues to see a seamless experience. But we're always here to help! Please don't hesitate to reach out if we can.

Get buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

I've used RingCentral for years and years. They had some services that suited me perfectly and I used use to them a ton because at the time, I was an active real estate broker and my clients traveled extensively. I had clients who traveled to Egypt and when they would be traveling, I would allow calls to come in. I don't normally accept calls from foreign countries or even at the time, I had to free up whatever countries they were traveling to. I said, "Fine. No problem." For the next three weeks, I would accept calls that came into my 800 number.

One of the things that really impressed me was that I could have a true 800 number. Before I got into real estate, I worked for the phone company, where getting an 800 number was a big deal. The fact that I could offer as a contact option for my clients to call a real live toll free 800 number was a big plus. Even though I am retired and I am on RingCentral's most limited service available, I still keep that number. I hate paying for calls. I cut the calls short and tell people, "Okay. Here's my cell phone number. You could call me on that." That's fine, but I still get a couple of calls every year on my 800 number just because people get it off of my car door. Being an old real estate agent, I have a magnetic sign that has my relevant information including my 800 number, and it's on both sides of my minivan doors.

Now, my only income is Social Security. I am a poor senior citizen, but I still love RingCentral's 800 number. I still talk up their service. Because for people who can afford all the cool stuff they can do and people who need it, it's wonderful. I'm loyal. I used to travel to a couple of meetings of mastermind groups for Realtors. Whenever I was asked to make a presentation, "What services can you recommend to the rest of us?" RingCentral was one of them. Their toll free 800 service. Use it. I generated a lot of business and made a lot of money on using them. I pushed through, then. Now, not so many people ask me because I'm pet sitting and I don't have that kind of conversation with people like I did in the past. However, they are one of the companies that I gladly highly recommend 'cause they never let me down. They were worth every penny that they charged. I'm a very happy customer.

RingCentral response

Thanks, Joan! Glad to hear this helped with your international clients.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

We use RingCentral primarily for the fax applications. We have interactive voice response systems and we use it for development. I've done some development work to see if we can use it for our IVR platform to connect directly and we have. We have a lot of our customers that we provide services for that use RingCentral, but they buy those services directly from RingCentral and we integrate with their substation. RingCentral' technical staff is so easy to work with. At first, when we started dealing with them, they treated us like a competitor. We are a competitor but we have a vertical market. We know the government vertical market inside and out for permitting and utility billing and courts so our customers love us. We refer RingCentral to all of our customers. We've got a customer going live with them in the next two weeks.

We've worked with a couple other companies that our customers have brought to us, but it's nowhere as easy as RingCentral is to work with. It's easy for us to do screen pop with RingCentral's product because they have a zip tag that goes from birth to death, so it makes it easy to tack on new UI information in the header and have that call follow through all the information about the call or follow the call all the way through the system. However, RingCentral could have a better vendor liaison program. Right now, the vendor group is good and the resources on the web are good too, but it would be better to have somebody say, "You wanna be a partner? Here's your contact,” and have somebody you talk to.

Music to our ears, Mike.

Thanks for sharing this feedback.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

RingCentral does a lot. It does most of the things I wanted to do. However, I do not think that they did a very good job of tying it in logically. The way they have some things positioned in the software, I find extremely hard to digest as a new client. The other thing is before, when I had RingCentral, somehow it allowed me to download all of my contacts. I can't figure out how to get my contacts now.

The third thing is that it should have a real quick speed dial in it that I haven't been able to discover. The other thing that I noticed about RingCentral is lots of times, in the videos, it always has an error. When I go to delete things, it always gives you that secondary window. “Do you really want to delete it?” I get that. But there should be an option there someplace, because that thing gets old when I'm trying to delete six people.

Although it sounds terrible, I’m really not that dissatisfied with RingCentral. RingCentral has a tremendous capacity to work with my company. But I don't think they did a good enough job of training us. They introduced new software. So people think there is a certain population that will go and read those apps or watch those videos. But there's a larger section of the people that are too busy to do that.

I just said to Heather, who runs the deal for me, "Get somebody to do a training class and we'll get everybody on here." But then they came back and said, “We don't do that. We only have videos.” Now I have to rely on eight people on the staff to go out, take their time, go to the videos, learn this. I believe that if someone really trained us how to interact with each other, how the transfers go, we would be in a better situation. The other thing is once you re-up into this new software, it's still a mess. It's never really cleaned out all of the other things that I have from RingCentral. Now, I have four RingCentrals popping up on my bar. I don’t know what to do with what.

There are parts that are very frustrating. Like when I'm trying to buy a phone right now, nobody knows anything about the phones. “These run good with RingCentral," but that's about all they know. I'm trying to pick out from 25 phones which ones have what I'm looking for. I have to download and read the copy on all of those things to get some basic information. And it would seem to me that they could get five people that could correspond with customers to say, “Oh, you're looking for 20 speed dials? Oh, that phone doesn't have it. But let me show you this, what it does.” There was nobody to help me there. And between the time I spend reading up Best Buy and Verizon, and all these other consumer companies, the last thing I want to do is do something like that. RingCentral falls short on support of the telephones for the desk, at least picking it out.

But after that, the girl that worked with me to install my new one was good. Her name was Angel. She had pretty good knowledge, but she didn't know the ins and outs of each machine. I still believe in RingCentral, but they got some more stuff to iron out. I love that it's an all-in-one and I really like RingCentral. I like our rep, too. He's great.

RingCentral response

Joe, thanks for this feedback. We will pass it along to our product teams. If you'd like to share any additional feedback, please don't hesitate to reach out to the review team. We will share our email address via private message!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

I liked the service, but I couldn't take the sales rep. I didn't think I could get away from him because he was my sales rep. I was like, “I wanna talk to someone else.” “No, you can't.” “Okay. Then I'm done. I'm quitting.” And I ported every phone number out. That was a lot of work just to make a point. They told me it was a concern. Unfortunately, the other company couldn't do what RingCentral did. So, I called RingCentral back, got a different salesperson. He's very communicative. I love it now. They have changed their ways since then.

I recommend them all the time to everybody. I have a university and a lawyer's office that picked them up. But the tracking system would say, “We'll give you a free month or something.” But I've never been able to work the recommendation list for me to get anything out of it. No word of some sort. It has never worked. Other than that, we went from spending $1,500 a month in phones to 300-ish. I have sales and customer support reps all over the country. And I support three different businesses with the phone system.

This is how easy it is to work with them. I called them, left Bello a message, said, “Hey, Bello. I'm thinking about doing this. I need to do this. Call me back when you can.” He called me back the next day. And I brainstormed through the whole system with him. I bought a new line, and I already had a phone. He’s a sales rep, so he couldn't set it up. But we did everything we could to set it up. And then he transferred me over to the customer support. I was up and running that day with the phone configured to match. One of my sales reps would take some time off, so I needed a copy of that phone where I was, just in case. It was done within minutes.

RingCentral response

Leigh, we're glad to hear your experience has improved. Thank you for this feedback!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

I felt comfortable with RingCentral. We're using them as our phone service. We're into it now for less than two weeks and so far, it's working out well. I had one of my other personnel do the install and they were very helpful with him.

RingCentral response

Great to hear, Andy! Thanks so much for your feedback.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

We have been customers with RingCentral for over 9 years and your customer service over the last several years has been atrocious, way before COVID even hit the shores! No response to repeated emails we’ve sent, and we were looking to open another account for another business of ours. Absolutely unacceptable! Kindly have someone reach out to us or we can find another company that will offer much better customer service. Thanks!

RingCentral response

Sorry to hear about these challenges. Please reach out to the review team with the email address we've provided via private response and we'll look into your issues further.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

My name is David and I am being scammed by Ring Central. I have been a customer since 2013. I raise donations to save animals who have been abused. I got Ring Central in 2013 so I can talk to the 600 nonprofits I support. Unfortunately, due to COVID-19, we had to close our doors and we no longer need Ring Central service.

I have spent over 4 hours on hold with 5 different reps and they refuse to help me. They keep transferring us around to different people and will leave you on hold and even just hang up on me. They are a total scam and their customer service is terrible to work with! I want you all to know how awful this is. We have helped save thousands of animals since 2013 and I cannot believe this is how they treat customers like me.

We have asked them to send me the signed agreements and they can cannot produce any other agreements they have that I supposedly signed for an extra 2 years. Take a look at other reviews and see they use this same tactic with other companies. Laying saying they signed for an extra 2 years! I have spoken to Ring Central customer service reps like Jesus and Ralph and neither will handle my cancellation and both have kept us on hold for hours. Anytime you ask for someone's contact information they say they do not have it.

We will contact our attorney to get this handled now and we have over 2 millions supporters, followers and fans on social media and I have no choice but to tell them how Ring Central is treating us and to never use their service. I have already canceled the card on file and talked to our Chase Business Account manager and let them know how Ring Central is trying to scam us. They are taking further actions themselves with our case.

RingCentral response
    David, The Review Team has offered on other review sites to assist you with your concerns.

Please respond to us via the email address we've provided via private response.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

Other people in my industry recommended RingCentral and I liked the features. RingCentral has worked out pretty good for my company. Everybody seems to be pretty happy. I don't have the phone ringing in my ear all the time now. It’s going to the person that’s supposed to answer the phone now instead of me. I kind of forgot that I even have a company now, and it’s nice. But the cost is the hardest part because I still have to maintain some of my landline features. Now, my cost has gone up quite a bit for phone service. But as far as being able to be more professional and have the people that are supposed to get their phone calls actually get them instead of relying on someone taking a message and getting it to them, this is much better for us than what we were doing before.

RingCentral response

Wendy, great to hear! Thanks for sharing this feedback. Please stay in touch!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

RingCentral is useful and very helpful.

RingCentral response

Gemma, Glad to hear about your experience! Appreciate you taking the time!

RingCentral Company Information