1.37/5
Based on 55 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good VoIP provider?

RingCentral

RingCentral is a cloud-based global telephone system for all types of businesses. With RingCentral, moving your business phone system to the cloud is easy & straightforward. Our cloud platform allows for easy to access to secure voice, fax, text, audio conferencing, and online meetings. No matter how many office locations you have, our team of experts at RingCentral are ready to set everything up for you and allow for a smooth transition. Contact us today.

127 RingCentral Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

First when I looked at the pricing guide for Ring Central it said one price - when I went through the free trial to sign up another price came up. Since it was a free trial, I figured no big deal. I went ahead and signed up (and there wasn't a way to see what they were charging you for). The main feature I needed immediately was a fax number - which they made it seem like was part of the pre-existing package. Once I realized that: 1) the system wasn't all that easy to use and was confusing; 2) the fax number and system wasn't part of the process; 3) the way they set up the sign up process felt heavy handed and it always felt like the next step was trying to lock you into something, I decided to cancel.

So I went to billing - and guess what! You can't just cancel, you have to hop on a phone call. And the phone call wait time??? INCREASED AS I SAT ON THE PHONE! So I am now on hold for what they are saying is 12 minutes but it has been increasing while I sit on hold - and this is for trying to cancel a service within 1 hour of signing up for it!!! Saying I am underwhelmed is an understatement.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Our previous VOIP provider had good service, but we couldn't get any customization done. Ring Central promised the world. Great service, support, 30 day no question cancellation, "If problems extend beyond 30 day intro period we will work to get you set or you can cancel." And so on and so forth. System never worked right. Hours and hours with tech support. Always a problem on your end, never their fault. Final straw? "The problem isn't the system... Your customers are hanging up on you". So, when I ask why the call log shows they are calling right back, several times, their answer: "So they can hang up on you again". Canceled the service, but it ended up in legal. Paid $5k to get rid of these nefarious worms. Actually, that was worth it, but still an incredible slap in the face.

Get expert buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

RingCentral has been the worst company to deal with. They claim to have a 30 day trial period in which you can cancel and get your money back if you're dissatisfied. Our company signed up in May, however our phone system still isn't up and running and it's now August. I called them and said I wanted to cancel, and they stated we cannot get a refund because it's over 30 days. Yes it's been over 30 days since signing up, however we haven't had 30 days of phone service to try the phone system. I have tried to get this resolved and get the phone system working prior to deciding to cancel, and the customer service and tech support is terrible, they barely speak English. I have requested to speak to a Manager on several occasions, and every time I've been told a Manager would call me back, and I have Never received a callback. This business is a SCAM!!!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

As like many of the other reviews I have read I am dealing with some of the same issues with RingCentral. I have been using their service since late 2014. I purchase 2 additional phones from another business that was going out of business and thought it would be perfect timing due to the potential growth. We contacted Ring Central to set up the phone lines. NOT ONE TIME DID THEY MENTION THESE ADDITIONS WOULD BE ON CONTRACT UNTIL MAY 2019. I didn't even know we were in a contract until May of 2019.

I advised them we were unaware of that information and no advised us that when the phones were added. I advised RingCentral the additional lines were not needed and it was unnecessary added cost to our business. The rep said he would get with management and then give me call back. He finally called back to simply say no, they were not going to remove the two lines because they are in the contract. I advise I was not cancelling my service just 2 lines. It didn't matter. They did not budge.

I let them know I couldn't believe they would not work with us as a customer and do something as simple as removing to lines. I advised in 2019 we would be cancelling ALL services. The rep came up with this GRAND IDEA that they would considering removing the other 2 lines that were not being utilized if we extended our contract with them. REALLY? Why in the hell would we do that? I politely advised the rep that I definitely wouldn't be extended any contract with them simply to have 2 lines removed and in May we would be cancelling ALL service.

Oh and I would like to add the actual QUALITY of the service has been HORRIBLE. Calls going non-audio after 40 seconds, the calls are often very choppy and broken up and the only answer to that problem is your internet. I must say that I am one very dissatisfied customer and as soon as I can, I will stop utilizing their service and will NEVER refer them to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I am locked into a 3 year contract with Ring Central and they will not make changes to my account as the first representative I was in touch with does not work there anymore. I want to cut back the number of phones by 2, which I mentioned to them, but they will not. There are also A LOT of added fees that they do not give any idea of how high they will be.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RingCentral?

Original review: July 28, 2018

I called based on the website advertising a phone plan for $19.99/month. After you complete all the steps and get to the payment screen the total is actually much higher. When I called to obtain more information it turns out you are required to get a yearly plan and pay up front and even then it is still $39.99/month for 1 user. When I said, "Where on the website does it say this information?" The sales rep became very defensive and said the information is on there. It's not. He kept trying to explain it and still couldn't explain why it wasn't $19.99/month.

When I expressed that the website appears to be deceptive he once again argued and said it's not. When I asked to speak with a manager he hung up on me. I attempted to call back to file a complaint and there is no option for that. If you are a big company who can afford a yearly plan with no questions asked and do not care about customer service, then this may be an okay option for you. For any individual, small business, or anyone who actually feels they should be respected as a consumer, save your time and money. Terrible experience.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I’ve been disappointed by dealing with numerous other companies and I’ve never written a review on any other companies before. RingCentral however appears to be a company that doesn’t care about their customers at all and I feel I’m being treated not only unfairly, I’m being completely ignored. By reading other reviews, just like everyone else on their reviews are mentioning, resolving any even minor issues with them takes at least 2 hours. If you are operating business, good luck finding the time for it. Now my business hasn’t been operating for about 4 months and all I was asking RingCentral was downgrading my service and apparently I have the contract with them, which I wasn’t even aware of, that my business partner (who is no longer a part of the business) acquired their services and he is assuring me that no one has explained to him cancellation or making changes policies of the contract.

It must be a rocket science to make changes on the services instead of losing a customer. Honestly I do understand that you have to read the Terms and Conditions but how many people really read it? Besides all that, their service lines have constant static sounds, I’ve had numerous customers asking me if I was calling from overseas somewhere and after spending hours with RingCentral resolving some minor issues I didn’t even bother complain about the Technical issues. I’m pretty sure there are other VOIP services, that at least treat their customers fairly, that I’ll be looking for one myself and suggest anyone reading this review to stay away from the companies that don’t value their customers and are not supposed to be in business.

Original review: July 21, 2018

When we ported our number over they messed up our business name. They listed us as "Stop N Stor Self Storage". We are actually "Pak N Stor Self Storage". I made 4 attempts to get them to fix our name and they told me they did not have the capability to change our name to what we actually are. Are you serious??? I told them the phone system they sent us was useless and asked they swap out. They said not without a $25 restocking fee and then a refund on the rest and then a new phone purchase for extra money.

In the meantime we would have no phone. So less than 30 days and we try to get our number back and we can't because they screwed up our business name. They actually took another account and changed that business name to Pak N Stor. The wrong account!!! I said, "WOW! Can you see why we want our number back?" So they changed the business name on the wrong account but can't change ours to what we actually are. As a result the number port out keeps failing. I called about that and told them and they said to say we are Stop N Stor on the port request even though we are NOT! In desperation we tried and it stilled failed. Right now we are being held captive by this company! We can't get any resolution.

Original review: July 10, 2018

Horrible customer service. I called four times. Got the runaround. Was given a different contact person each time. Was told someone would come me back. Nobody has. I called 6-22-18. Person was to change my account to monthly versus yearly payments and he did not. Now I can’t them to correct this. They said they can see his notes regarding the change but the sale person is the only person who can fix the problem. They ignore my voicemails messages and nobody returns calls. Now it’s like they know my phone number and they are sending me to voicemail every time.

Once I was told only Mark could fix this. Next time I was told only Jerico could fix this. Also was told Jerico would call. It’s been a weeks. No response. They billed my card $560 7-1-18. They said they have no Supervisor or any management for me to talk to in order to rectify this. Perhaps BBB or attorney general office. It’s a unbelievable nightmare of an experience. If this is happening to me it’s got to be many many others. They should be charging 29.99 a month for twelve months and per my conversation on 6-22-18 no way is that $560. I need all eyes on this company. I would recommend them anyone. Poor business practices. They are stealing money.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I tried signing up for the free trial but it turned out to be almost a 4 hr ordeal with me ending up rejecting them. They make you jump through hoops that are unnecessary. Their prices really aren't that good. The reason I was even considering them again was they used to have a great desktop app that was more like a communications control center you could do everything through. They dumped that for an app they were building that they'd never completed beta testing and wanted customer complaints so they could work on what was still wrong with it.

Finally, isn't a trial to help determine how well it works? I have a phone for such a system. They said I had to be a paying customer to get my phone provisioned for their service. So much for the free trial to make sure they work. Let's not forget about $15 in fees and taxes alone each month on top of their price. If they're going to give a free trial it shouldn't be a bait and switch. Almost nobody uses their computer as their phone system for work. These guys just don't care about their customers and I don't think they ever have, particularly from all the other reviews I read here.

Original review: June 13, 2018

Advertised at $20/month. I filled out the form to sign up. Once I got to check out it was $518 per year. I decided not to go with this company. Now I am getting daily phone calls from them despite me saying I do not want their service. Do not get involved with this company, their prices are lies and they will spam your work phone mercilessly.

Original review: June 12, 2018

For some dumb reason I got sucked into going with RingCentral, their customer service is terrible. I signed up to their contract and after the fact I added 3 lines. 4 months later I unfortunately didn't need those lines, now they won't cancel those lines and they are considered under contract. How would I know if these lines weren't going to be needed a few months later. The line gets disconnected all the time. Such BS. I am very unhappy.

Original review: June 2, 2018

Beware! They have non existent customer service. The account managers have no clue how to help. They repeatedly apologize but can never seem to solve a problem. I was billed for a number I did not have or use. To this day I have not been able to have the number canceled or receive a credit for the payments they deducted from my credit card. They advertise HD Voice. I believe that's just the product name they use. I have experienced terrible voice quality. Many times incoming calls are interrupted and you have to wait for the call to reconnect. I usually end up calling from another line. They are way overpriced for the product and service they deliver. Look for other options. I can't wait to move my numbers elsewhere.

Original review: May 31, 2018

We’re running a small business and started trial with RingCentral earlier this year and found it’s not for us. Too many features we’ll never use. Require hardware phone while we just want to use our cellphones; and surprisingly high cost to add additional numbers. Since we’ve already ported several numbers, it took us a while to transfer them out. When we’re ready to cancel the service, we’re told that we have 12 month contract with them. The early termination fee is sum of remaining monthly charge. I was trying to explain to them the whole extended trial experience with no luck. I believe there are many small businesses like us are just looking for a simple and low-cost phone system. Now it turned into a debt on the book and of course I’ll not use their service. I’m setting up a reminder now in case they will start auto-renew after 12 months. So, stay away from RingCentral until you know what you will get.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I have a small business and have been using RingCentral for just over a year. They have the worst tech support of any company I have ever encountered and as if that weren't enough their customer service is equally as bad. They are overpriced and we have issues with their applications daily. They are unapologetic and do not have any solutions for the problems we have over and over again and the issues are clearly on their side. We get assigned an account manager that cannot help us because we he/she is "sales" and our issues are deemed technical. Their tech people don't know how to do tech support and shoot in the dark in the most pathetic unprofessional manner I have ever seen. They will try to keep you on the phone "troubleshooting" issues when it is clearly an issue with their server or software.

Their "solution" is to "credit me" by giving me an extra week or two at the end of my contract for free. That is not what I want, I want your service to actually work as described. It works smoothly about 1 in 5 days for us lately which is not acceptable. Small businesses do NOT purchase their service, you will be sorry, find another alternative and save yourself the headache that IS RingCentral. They are the worst!

Original review: May 22, 2018

We are a very simple company that does outbound calls, nothing complicated. We had an amazing service by someone named Nolan (only reason this is getting 2*) but everything else is horrible. The after sales support is just horrible, they give you wrong information after wrong information. How can something so basic and vital for a call center as call reporting not work. Very happy we went month by month.

Original review: May 13, 2018

These people are absolutely a joke. We do have a two-year renewable contract with this outfit. 3 months into our second renewal they decided to double our prices for the exact same Services they were receiving for. We decided to cancel the service because of that reason and we were told we were locked in for another 21 months. This is not an honest company. I agreed to a two-year contract for services and pricing what's a double it three months into it. It's unacceptable and I have absolutely no recourse. Stay away from this company. We will pay out the contract because we're are honest business people and we did agree to their damn terms. We went to Nextiva. Look into them. They've done a very good job for us.

Original review: April 12, 2018

We are actually very unhappy about both the actual product and customer service!!! They renewed our contract without notifying us first and now say that we are committed for another year for the service that completely sucks… Very Very Unhappy!!!

Original review: April 10, 2018

I lost service for 24 hours because of a mistake my Account Manager made. A week and 14 hours of tech support time later, messages lost and unrecoverable, technicians still trying to fix what was never broken and each time I get passed to another tech, they fix one issue and create another. Worked great for a year but low budget system, no continuity in customer support, lack of training with account managers and technicians who can't see the big picture. Cheap, affordable system as long as you never need to ask questions or have a problem. When they screw up, no apologies, no offer of remediation.

Original review: April 9, 2018

My company just signed up with these people and it has been the worst experience ever. They are very unprofessional... Lack the knowledge the service that they provide... and whenever we have questions about their service they take their time following up with you. We are very disappointed in their level of service, especially for the price that we are paying monthly. I DO NOT recommend anyone to use this company. They have a low ConsumerAffairs score for a reason. Save yourself some time and money and look for another phone company! PLEASE.

Original review: March 28, 2018

Fine print watch out - this company will find ways to nickel and dime you. Regardless of how long you’ve been with them they force you into a contract. If you decide to remove a number because of hiring or firing someone. Be prepared to pay for that number for a full year. Your contract auto-renews without notification.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I called customer service to inquire about fax services they provide. The customer service representative was very rude. I didn't like how he kept asking my personal contact information. I specifically told them to contact my business phone, not my cell. He placed me on hold for an extended period so I hung up. This is not a company I care to do business with. Within 3 minutes, they contacted my cell number anyway to "show me". They were very disrespectful and lost a very good customer. They must have got my cell number from their caller ID. Totally unacceptable. I will report this company.

Original review: March 2, 2018

Ring Central had issues with their service on 12 phones. Their support could not figure it out and blamed me. When I got Comcast issues went away but Ring Central is demanding I pay for several months. They will not accept that I canceled my service. Even though the lines were ported away from them, they still claim that I have the service. VERY BAD company to deal with if there is an issue.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

RingCentral is way overpriced, and isn't competitive. The phones we have reboot in the middle of a call almost constantly. The admin features are easy enough to use, and it is relatively simple to set up, but RingCentral is charging $25 more a month PER PHONE than big name competitors like Comcast or First Communications. So we are in the process of moving away from them where we will pay $15/mo which includes unlimited long distance AND includes the phone. If you want competitive pricing, don't go with RingCentral. P.S. Even before I finished writing this review, the RingCentral phone on my desk rebooted.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

False advertising $19 but when you sign up it is for 2 users so 2 times more. I never use such companies who are trying to get more money from customers in this manner. Why dont you just state your price with no catches?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

So my boss asked me to find a 1-800 service and then I found RingCentral. So I used their chat line and I asked like 200 questions because I really don't know their feature or even their phone set. And the CS said he don't have time to deal with me all day. I'm like, "Oops. Not gonna deal with this company then." I know the reason why, they put CS and sales in the same department so all of the CS can think of is how to drive sales. I know the pressure. So unfortunate that this is how they run their business like this. I understand they are trying to reach efficiency. Lesson learned. Don't put your CS in a sales department. It's a horrible idea!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I have been with RingCentral for 6 years. I am on a 1 year contract. They added a new service called "mobile users" and charged me an extra $150 per month. I objected to the new charges, they ignored me. I will now cancel my service and dispute the charges with my credit card provider. The sales reps will say anything to get your business. When I signed up in 2012 they assured me that the phone system would meet my specific application. They lied, it could not, but I stayed with them anyway. I should have learned. RingCentral will try to trick you and cheat you.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018 I run small nonprofit. We were looking at options for calling for our staff and found RingCentral. We explained, in detail, what was needed, number of lines, numbers, etc. They said they could cover us for $45 a month. And if we were not satisfied we could return the equipment for free. Too good to be true.

Once the phone number was ported, we received 50+ "ghost" calls a day. The service did not work as advertised. And, after doing all this, they told us the quote was good for 9 calls a month, at the 10th call we would be billed for additional lines. Our bill was more than 10 times as quoted. We tried to get out, ASAP. They are now trying to charge us to return the phones and refusing to port the line until they bill us for a second month.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

DO NOT USE THIS PROVIDER. They were terrible to deal with. I explained in detail what type of service I was looking for. They said, "No problem." Collected more money than they quoted me then could not deliver the service I needed. After having main line ported over to RingCentral they made it almost impossible to get it back and it's taking forever. I would not recommend this company!!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

RingCentral is fine as long as you have your lawyer review the contract prior to signing, and you never have a customer service issue that can't be resolved on the website. If you don't, beware. Key facts aren't explained by sales reps prior to signing the contract. They're actively avoided. For example, if you sign a 12 month contract, and add additional lines, you do not have the option of adding them to your contract, or taking the non-contract price. Looking back, this is standard practice in the industry, and it makes sense. As a brand new customer of business telephone service, this was not obvious to me. After I no longer needed 2/3 of my lines, it was explained to me that I was stuck paying them for 12 months. This was just past the 30 day window where I could have cancelled the additional lines.

Customer service ranged from indifferent to rude and aggressive about this and other issues that arose during the seven months I used the service. Because of customer service experience, I cannot recommend RingCentral. I won't do business with a company that acts like AT&T did back when they had a monopoly on phone service. Had they been the least bit flexible, or explained the key points of the service prior to signing up, I'd recommend them. The actual service was fine, minus the usual technical glitches.

If you think, 'well now I know this particular point about their contracts, so I'll give them a try,' I'm recommending you reconsider. This was the particular issue *I* ran into. Contractual (or other) issues that you run into will be different for your business. If you do end up signing up with them, bring a friend that is experienced in business telephone contracts because if you don't know what you're doing, their process is set up to snare you, and they won't budge on anything. They will gleefully point to the contract you signed and tell you that you're stuck with them until your contract expires. (If you'd like to see what I mean by 'gleefully,' I have an email from them that will prove my point.)

Not sure about RingCentral?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers for you.

RingCentral expert review by Ellen Muraskin

RingCentral has over a decade of experience in the VoIP industry and has served more than 300,000 customers.​

• All-inclusive phone system: Their all-inclusive system includes conferencing, mobile app, user-friendly interface for adds, changes and multimedia communication.

• Accent on collaboration: RingCentral embraces the less-email trend with an app/interface, called Glip, which integrates task and calendar management, instant messaging and file sharing à la Slack.

• Accent on integration: Built as an open platform from the ground up, RingCentral's industry-standard APIs and SDK let your developers easily integrate your communications into key business processes and applications. Out-of-the-box integrations include Outlook, Salesforce.com, Box, ZenDesk, Google and Oracle.

• Reasonable rates: Plans start as low as $24.99 per month per user.

• Offers toll free to customers: Using RingCentral services, businesses can quickly and easily set up toll-free numbers for customer use.

• Best for: Small businesses and large corporations.

Profile picture of Ellen Muraskin
    Ellen Muraskin

VoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

RingCentral Company Information

Public
    2003
    1400 Fashion Island Blvd, 7th Floor
    San Mateo
    www.ringcentral.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business