1.70/5
Based on 61 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good VoIP provider?

RingCentral

RingCentral is a cloud-based global telephone system for all types of businesses. With RingCentral, moving your business phone system to the cloud is easy & straightforward. Our cloud platform allows for easy to access to secure voice, fax, text, audio conferencing, and online meetings. No matter how many office locations you have, our team of experts at RingCentral are ready to set everything up for you and allow for a smooth transition. Contact us today.

118 RingCentral Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 15, 2018

I tried signing up for the free trial but it turned out to be almost a 4 hr ordeal with me ending up rejecting them. They make you jump through hoops that are unnecessary. Their prices really aren't that good. The reason I was even considering them again was they used to have a great desktop app that was more like a communications control center you could do everything through. They dumped that for an app they were building that they'd never completed beta testing and wanted customer complaints so they could work on what was still wrong with it.

Finally, isn't a trial to help determine how well it works? I have a phone for such a system. They said I had to be a paying customer to get my phone provisioned for their service. So much for the free trial to make sure they work. Let's not forget about $15 in fees and taxes alone each month on top of their price. If they're going to give a free trial it shouldn't be a bait and switch. Almost nobody uses their computer as their phone system for work. These guys just don't care about their customers and I don't think they ever have, particularly from all the other reviews I read here.

Original review: June 13, 2018

Advertised at $20/month. I filled out the form to sign up. Once I got to check out it was $518 per year. I decided not to go with this company. Now I am getting daily phone calls from them despite me saying I do not want their service. Do not get involved with this company, their prices are lies and they will spam your work phone mercilessly.

Get expert buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 12, 2018

For some dumb reason I got sucked into going with RingCentral, their customer service is terrible. I signed up to their contract and after the fact I added 3 lines. 4 months later I unfortunately didn't need those lines, now they won't cancel those lines and they are considered under contract. How would I know if these lines weren't going to be needed a few months later. The line gets disconnected all the time. Such BS. I am very unhappy.

Original review: June 2, 2018

Beware! They have non existent customer service. The account managers have no clue how to help. They repeatedly apologize but can never seem to solve a problem. I was billed for a number I did not have or use. To this day I have not been able to have the number canceled or receive a credit for the payments they deducted from my credit card. They advertise HD Voice. I believe that's just the product name they use. I have experienced terrible voice quality. Many times incoming calls are interrupted and you have to wait for the call to reconnect. I usually end up calling from another line. They are way overpriced for the product and service they deliver. Look for other options. I can't wait to move my numbers elsewhere.

Original review: May 31, 2018

We’re running a small business and started trial with RingCentral earlier this year and found it’s not for us. Too many features we’ll never use. Require hardware phone while we just want to use our cellphones; and surprisingly high cost to add additional numbers. Since we’ve already ported several numbers, it took us a while to transfer them out. When we’re ready to cancel the service, we’re told that we have 12 month contract with them. The early termination fee is sum of remaining monthly charge. I was trying to explain to them the whole extended trial experience with no luck. I believe there are many small businesses like us are just looking for a simple and low-cost phone system. Now it turned into a debt on the book and of course I’ll not use their service. I’m setting up a reminder now in case they will start auto-renew after 12 months. So, stay away from RingCentral until you know what you will get.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RingCentral?

Original review: May 23, 2018

I have a small business and have been using RingCentral for just over a year. They have the worst tech support of any company I have ever encountered and as if that weren't enough their customer service is equally as bad. They are overpriced and we have issues with their applications daily. They are unapologetic and do not have any solutions for the problems we have over and over again and the issues are clearly on their side. We get assigned an account manager that cannot help us because we he/she is "sales" and our issues are deemed technical. Their tech people don't know how to do tech support and shoot in the dark in the most pathetic unprofessional manner I have ever seen. They will try to keep you on the phone "troubleshooting" issues when it is clearly an issue with their server or software.

Their "solution" is to "credit me" by giving me an extra week or two at the end of my contract for free. That is not what I want, I want your service to actually work as described. It works smoothly about 1 in 5 days for us lately which is not acceptable. Small businesses do NOT purchase their service, you will be sorry, find another alternative and save yourself the headache that IS RingCentral. They are the worst!

Original review: May 22, 2018

We are a very simple company that does outbound calls, nothing complicated. We had an amazing service by someone named Nolan (only reason this is getting 2*) but everything else is horrible. The after sales support is just horrible, they give you wrong information after wrong information. How can something so basic and vital for a call center as call reporting not work. Very happy we went month by month.

Original review: May 13, 2018

These people are absolutely a joke. We do have a two-year renewable contract with this outfit. 3 months into our second renewal they decided to double our prices for the exact same Services they were receiving for. We decided to cancel the service because of that reason and we were told we were locked in for another 21 months. This is not an honest company. I agreed to a two-year contract for services and pricing what's a double it three months into it. It's unacceptable and I have absolutely no recourse. Stay away from this company. We will pay out the contract because we're are honest business people and we did agree to their damn terms. We went to Nextiva. Look into them. They've done a very good job for us.

Original review: April 12, 2018

We are actually very unhappy about both the actual product and customer service!!! They renewed our contract without notifying us first and now say that we are committed for another year for the service that completely sucks… Very Very Unhappy!!!

Original review: April 10, 2018

I lost service for 24 hours because of a mistake my Account Manager made. A week and 14 hours of tech support time later, messages lost and unrecoverable, technicians still trying to fix what was never broken and each time I get passed to another tech, they fix one issue and create another. Worked great for a year but low budget system, no continuity in customer support, lack of training with account managers and technicians who can't see the big picture. Cheap, affordable system as long as you never need to ask questions or have a problem. When they screw up, no apologies, no offer of remediation.

Original review: April 9, 2018

My company just signed up with these people and it has been the worst experience ever. They are very unprofessional... Lack the knowledge the service that they provide... and whenever we have questions about their service they take their time following up with you. We are very disappointed in their level of service, especially for the price that we are paying monthly. I DO NOT recommend anyone to use this company. They have a low ConsumerAffairs score for a reason. Save yourself some time and money and look for another phone company! PLEASE.

Original review: March 28, 2018

Fine print watch out - this company will find ways to nickel and dime you. Regardless of how long you’ve been with them they force you into a contract. If you decide to remove a number because of hiring or firing someone. Be prepared to pay for that number for a full year. Your contract auto-renews without notification.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I called customer service to inquire about fax services they provide. The customer service representative was very rude. I didn't like how he kept asking my personal contact information. I specifically told them to contact my business phone, not my cell. He placed me on hold for an extended period so I hung up. This is not a company I care to do business with. Within 3 minutes, they contacted my cell number anyway to "show me". They were very disrespectful and lost a very good customer. They must have got my cell number from their caller ID. Totally unacceptable. I will report this company.

Original review: March 2, 2018

Ring Central had issues with their service on 12 phones. Their support could not figure it out and blamed me. When I got Comcast issues went away but Ring Central is demanding I pay for several months. They will not accept that I canceled my service. Even though the lines were ported away from them, they still claim that I have the service. VERY BAD company to deal with if there is an issue.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

RingCentral is way overpriced, and isn't competitive. The phones we have reboot in the middle of a call almost constantly. The admin features are easy enough to use, and it is relatively simple to set up, but RingCentral is charging $25 more a month PER PHONE than big name competitors like Comcast or First Communications. So we are in the process of moving away from them where we will pay $15/mo which includes unlimited long distance AND includes the phone. If you want competitive pricing, don't go with RingCentral. P.S. Even before I finished writing this review, the RingCentral phone on my desk rebooted.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

False advertising $19 but when you sign up it is for 2 users so 2 times more. I never use such companies who are trying to get more money from customers in this manner. Why dont you just state your price with no catches?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

So my boss asked me to find a 1-800 service and then I found RingCentral. So I used their chat line and I asked like 200 questions because I really don't know their feature or even their phone set. And the CS said he don't have time to deal with me all day. I'm like, "Oops. Not gonna deal with this company then." I know the reason why, they put CS and sales in the same department so all of the CS can think of is how to drive sales. I know the pressure. So unfortunate that this is how they run their business like this. I understand they are trying to reach efficiency. Lesson learned. Don't put your CS in a sales department. It's a horrible idea!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I have been with RingCentral for 6 years. I am on a 1 year contract. They added a new service called "mobile users" and charged me an extra $150 per month. I objected to the new charges, they ignored me. I will now cancel my service and dispute the charges with my credit card provider. The sales reps will say anything to get your business. When I signed up in 2012 they assured me that the phone system would meet my specific application. They lied, it could not, but I stayed with them anyway. I should have learned. RingCentral will try to trick you and cheat you.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018 I run small nonprofit. We were looking at options for calling for our staff and found RingCentral. We explained, in detail, what was needed, number of lines, numbers, etc. They said they could cover us for $45 a month. And if we were not satisfied we could return the equipment for free. Too good to be true.

Once the phone number was ported, we received 50+ "ghost" calls a day. The service did not work as advertised. And, after doing all this, they told us the quote was good for 9 calls a month, at the 10th call we would be billed for additional lines. Our bill was more than 10 times as quoted. We tried to get out, ASAP. They are now trying to charge us to return the phones and refusing to port the line until they bill us for a second month.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

DO NOT USE THIS PROVIDER. They were terrible to deal with. I explained in detail what type of service I was looking for. They said, "No problem." Collected more money than they quoted me then could not deliver the service I needed. After having main line ported over to RingCentral they made it almost impossible to get it back and it's taking forever. I would not recommend this company!!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

RingCentral is fine as long as you have your lawyer review the contract prior to signing, and you never have a customer service issue that can't be resolved on the website. If you don't, beware. Key facts aren't explained by sales reps prior to signing the contract. They're actively avoided. For example, if you sign a 12 month contract, and add additional lines, you do not have the option of adding them to your contract, or taking the non-contract price. Looking back, this is standard practice in the industry, and it makes sense. As a brand new customer of business telephone service, this was not obvious to me. After I no longer needed 2/3 of my lines, it was explained to me that I was stuck paying them for 12 months. This was just past the 30 day window where I could have cancelled the additional lines.

Customer service ranged from indifferent to rude and aggressive about this and other issues that arose during the seven months I used the service. Because of customer service experience, I cannot recommend RingCentral. I won't do business with a company that acts like AT&T did back when they had a monopoly on phone service. Had they been the least bit flexible, or explained the key points of the service prior to signing up, I'd recommend them. The actual service was fine, minus the usual technical glitches.

If you think, 'well now I know this particular point about their contracts, so I'll give them a try,' I'm recommending you reconsider. This was the particular issue *I* ran into. Contractual (or other) issues that you run into will be different for your business. If you do end up signing up with them, bring a friend that is experienced in business telephone contracts because if you don't know what you're doing, their process is set up to snare you, and they won't budge on anything. They will gleefully point to the contract you signed and tell you that you're stuck with them until your contract expires. (If you'd like to see what I mean by 'gleefully,' I have an email from them that will prove my point.)

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

Dealing with this company is a nightmare. They don't reply to you, they ignore your emails, and they are rude and disrespectful. They try to get you to sign up for their services, but never follow up and try to get through as many customers as possible. I will never deal with them again.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

This company is the worst. As my office grew, I needed more phones. You have to sign a service agreement with them that makes you pay rent on these phones forever - even if the office size shrinks. My office grew to 7 people but then split and was back down to 3. I have to keep paying for those extra phones for the next year. You're better off with landlines.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I first signed up for service in September 2013. Things were OK for a short while. Then we had major issues with the service activating. It would take four hours at minimum to get a dial tone after either power or Internet was interrupted. When we contacted support, they blamed our Internet provider. Never mind that we could call support on the "poor Internet service". Our problem was getting a dial tone without a massive delay. In the fall of 2016 support claimed they were going to resolve it. In doing so, they completed disabled our phones. So we continued to live with their service that could leave our business without phones for a day or more!

We switched Internet providers in August 2016 and the problems persisted. We called support again and now they had something new to blame. There were numerous phone calls that spanned more than ten hours of time on the phone. There was zero resolution of the problem. Sadly the support tech kept asking to do something over and over that we had explained was just simply not possible.

The back and forth continued and we finally gave them a deadline to resolve it or we would look elsewhere for service. They ignored the problem and we've found a different phone provider. Now they make it nearly impossible to cancel because they claim that the contract auto-renewed at the end of September. Never mind that they were in breach of the contract for failing to provide functional service. Their service is poor at best. Their support is nothing short of awful. Yes, they are all based in the Philippines and they follow a script perfectly. They don't seem to listen to information provided at all. The best way to avoid problems is simply to avoid RingCentral completely.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

We ordered Ring Central 2 weeks ago service for our company Forum Lending and we were offered really good numbers as bait, but as soon as we signed up they switch the numbers and told us those numbers were no longer available. Since then we had no real help in replacing those numbers, just "we can get those numbers".

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Since July 14th, I have had nothing but issues from RingCentral charging our credit card unauthorized - from disconnecting our business phones for three days without notice; from their support people changing the phone settings everytime you call; here you need another extension. Oh let me change the settings - they were set correctly. Your business number you have had for years and not used - they assign their own phone number to each desktop phone.

The sales person lied about the services; the settings are very complicated and if you change one area another area is affected. Your phones ring then they don't ring - intercom - they all ring at the same time; greetings - wow what is that??? Voice message option - maybe you get it maybe you don't. Lets talk about faxing - what a nightmare - we were getting complaints from our clients about not being able to send. We got calls from our clients asking if we were still in business. It is now November 7 and our phones are still not working properly. You submit a case to get support help. I have 18 of them and they close them out or say its a duplicate; yes it may be a duplicate because they never resolved the issue.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Great customer service and very helpful when we run into any issues with the new system. We will be putting in a call ticket today to help with reprogramming a phone. And everyone we speak to is always very helpful in getting the task at hand taken care of. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Beware automatic charges. I created this account to receive a couple faxes. I canceled the membership after and thought everything was all done. Six months later I found it had been charging me every month. I called and they told me they had no record of me canceling my account and refused to refund me the six months of charges I should not have had to pay.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I have been a customer of RingCentral for 4 years and at one time my business had 6 lines and when I called to downgrade my plan, they told me that I was in contract until June 2017. Well it's October 2017 and I called to downgrade, and they told me that per my signed agreement that my contact was auto renewed in June 2017 for another 2 years. I am now stuck in a contract with RingCentral until June 2019. The only thing I can do to get out of the contract is to pay them $3000.00. This is FRAUD!!! Total SCAM!! Beware of RINGCENTRAL!!!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I would never use Ring Central again and would most definitely never recommend the service for personal use. I got a free trial from Ring Central for personal use just shortly after moving across the country, because I needed to send one single fax and thought it would be easier than buying a printer/fax right away. I was very wrong, as the service did not work for me at ALL! The fax only sent my cover letter, not the attached fax (without notifying me, of course). It only allowed for one attachment per fax, and had a cap on how many faxes could be sent in a day! I ended up driving 30 minutes to a Staples and paying to fax my documents, because that ended up being easier. I tried to cancel online before my trial was up and found the information tucked away in an innocuous place on their website after much searching, like they didn't want customers to easily find how to cancel.

You cannot cancel online, only over the phone, and only during business hours. So I called, and I got the most unpleasant man. Now listen - I've worked customer service, so I don't expect cheery over the top enthusiasm every day. Sometimes, you just have a bad day, and I'm not going to fault anyone for that. But this guy... when I said I wanted to cancel, he started asking me way too many questions, to the point where it was obviously putting me off and making me uncomfortable. (I get this was probably because the company tells them to try to keep customers on, but...) Why was I canceling? Had I used it?

Well was I ever going to use it again? I wasn't going to EVER use it again? Well why would I sign up in the first place? etc. When I finally convinced him I just wanted to cancel, he said he'd send an email, and... he hung up. Just hung up! No "goodbye" or "have a nice day" or anything at all, just hung up on me. Now maybe the call center wasn't directly Ring Central, or maybe it was. But the bad customer service was the cherry on top. TLDR; the service didn't even work for me, and the customer service was rude. Would not use again or recommend!

RingCentral expert review by Ellen Muraskin

RingCentral has over a decade of experience in the VoIP industry and has served more than 300,000 customers.​

• All-inclusive phone system: Their all-inclusive system includes conferencing, mobile app, user-friendly interface for adds, changes and multimedia communication.

• Accent on collaboration: RingCentral embraces the less-email trend with an app/interface, called Glip, which integrates task and calendar management, instant messaging and file sharing à la Slack.

• Accent on integration: Built as an open platform from the ground up, RingCentral's industry-standard APIs and SDK let your developers easily integrate your communications into key business processes and applications. Out-of-the-box integrations include Outlook, Salesforce.com, Box, ZenDesk, Google and Oracle.

• Reasonable rates: Plans start as low as $24.99 per month per user.

• Offers toll free to customers: Using RingCentral services, businesses can quickly and easily set up toll-free numbers for customer use.

• Best for: Small businesses and large corporations.

Profile picture of Ellen Muraskin
    Ellen Muraskin

VoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

RingCentral Company Information