1.11/5

Looking for a good VoIP provider?

RingCentral

RingCentral is a cloud-based global telephone system for all types of businesses. With RingCentral, moving your business phone system to the cloud is easy & straightforward. Our cloud platform allows for easy to access to secure voice, fax, text, audio conferencing, and online meetings. No matter how many office locations you have, our team of experts at RingCentral are ready to set everything up for you and allow for a smooth transition. Contact us today.

141 RingCentral Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

This company seriously tries to scam your money away. Every time I contact the customer service and ask to transfer to the billing department (I wanted to cancel my service) the call got disconnected, after 5 times I realized they were doing it on purpose, so no one can cancel the plan. Their customer service are also the least professional I have seen. One time I told a guy that I wanted to be re-connected to the previous person I spoke with and I said it was a woman, he kept insisting it was a man but I told him I was sure the voice was a woman, then he said "oh, he is gay that's why he sounds like a woman". I was shocked! Did they not go through any training at all? BTW, they are all located in South America/India, you won't be able to get anyone that is a native speaker and sometimes they simply could not understand my request.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

We prepay each year and RingCentral contacted us with little to no notice two months after we had paid the year, stating they were NOT going to honor it and increase the price 10x what we had paid in the past few years. I am not exaggerating. It was literally 10x what we were paying before. Imagine you are running a business and your expense line items increase 10x with just over 1 month's notice. These changes would collapse your business. Thanks RingCentral. I do not appreciate you taking the last 10 years of my life and flushing that work.

Eventually they refused to escalate our call and were of no use in listening to reason. We stayed with them through years of development and an increase might have been acceptable, but the horrendous business practice of not honoring a prepaid year and refusing to escalate it, combined with the bad business decision of giving their clients an undigestible increase with little to no notice makes them a company no one wants to do business with.

Get expert buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Conference calls disconnect everyone on the call after 45 minutes on a paid subscription. Not only have I been paying for months for a subscription to the conference call software but I have also been trying to get support to help resolve the issue. Support sends me to sales, sales sends me to support and vice versa. Finally, support states they will look into it offline, after hours on the phone, come to find out after they hung up they closed my support ticket as resolved, with no resolution. Terrible company, terrible product, and terrible service and support.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

The worst experience! After setting up an account for a 7-day free trial, we did not receive a confirmation email, and due to needing important documents faxed to us that day we called the company who refused to troubleshoot until we spoke to the sales department which promised receipt of our documents after we made a one-time payment of $30 +. Needing our documents we went ahead and paid that amount, only to never receive those faxes. Customer service (sales department) was very rude, and we quite frankly feel lied to and violated.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Back in 2013 I did a free 30-day trial to have a phone # that was a fax line that convert the fax to a PDF in an email. Loved the service, so paid $79 for the year. An email renewal came following year, 2014-$79, 2015-$95, 2016-$95, 2017 - no email renewal and charged CC $155 (I never caught it), 2018 - no email renewal but I caught the CC charged. Called to cancel and complain, and they asked what I'd be willing to pay, I said $10 a year, and the rep said how about $9.99 a year and did refund the 2018 $155 charge. Now I'm limited to 100 mins a year, and with all the robo calls that we all receive, within 3 months I was at 106 minutes, so here comes another charge of $21 overage fee. I QUIT! Such crooks really, I'm embarrassed for myself for getting ripped-off all this time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RingCentral?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I have been a RingCentral customer for many years. We've always received at least decent customer service the few times there were issues. They recently decided to update their billing which took us from about a $200 phone bill to well over $1500. I spoke at length with our account manager to make sure I had all the details correct before deciding to continue service before the pricing change. I was lied to about our pricing and have been overcharged every month including concessions they made to keep us as a customer. Now I've been dealing with trying to get money refunded for months. I would not recommend anyone to their product based on this service. Their product is just as good as any of the hundred other companies out there, but pricing and service is terrible. Look elsewhere for a phone system.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I was looking for a new VoIP provider and considered RC. What I found out is their staff is arrogant. RC is too big for its britches. Next problem. They justify their pricing based on the number of features they have. Way too many of the features I don't understand and will never use. I believe many people/small businesses will have the same problems. It's fine to have the features but they should have a more a la carte pricing model to make themselves more affordable.

Free trial? Really? What is the point of a free trial? To make sure the service works for you. The free trial is only good with their softphone. I can't use a softphone and need a desk phone. Mine is compatible with their service but they won't provision it unless I sign up for the monthly plan, no free trial. If you're looking to use a desk phone, either your own or buy one from them or elsewhere, you won't get a free trial. How can I tell how the service really works for me.

To be honest, I was with them about 4 years ago and they had serious problems then, many of them, such as upgrading their programming. The problem was their idea of beta testing was to put it out there, get our complaints and try to fix those. In other words, they used their entire client base to beta their new systems and gave terrible service. They would blame you for messing with settings when I don't even know how to find the settings that their programming changes caused to change in my account. You know, I might still have given them a chance for the free trial if they would have included provisioning my phone to see if it would work and given a 30 day free trial to make sure of all of the bugs in their service. But no, their attitudes still haven't improved.

A shame they're so stupid. When I write reviews I write very details reviews and post them all over the place. I mentioned I was with them up until about 4 years ago. I was so pissed at them I wrote my most detailed and scathing review ever and put it everywhere. I accidentally found it again last year and I was amazed that over 2600 people had found my review helpful. That means over 2600 people/businesses didn't do business with them. Not to say that all 2600 would have but if they found me helpful then they definitely didn't. Can you imagine how much business they lost from that one review? They don't treat their customers well. One would think they'd eventually learn better. It appears they believe if they show the attitude people will believe they're the best. Take is as a warning sign and stay away from them.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I am tired of dealing with these crooks. Long story short, I had 2 accounts and 2 phone numbers since 2013. In 2016, I wanted to keep my 800 number and close the other account. I have been paying average of $20 a month in order to keep the 800 number for over 2 years. Guess what? 2 years later when I need to use the 800 number I found out they cancelled my 800 number and kept the other number which I don't want. This was a huge mistake and RingCentral acknowledged this mistake, their manager said they will refund for the last 2 years due to their mistake.

I got transferred to this lady who is CUSTOMER LOYALTY SPECIALIST, she asked if they can find me another number I like in order to stay with RingCentral. I said YES but after almost 1 month there's no number I like. I was unable to get a hold of this lady for 2 weeks and got several calls from a phone number from a guy who said he's the manager.

The problem here is this guy have called me several times at 6-6:30am, I finally picked up one day and realized RingCentral is the cause of my lack of sleep for 2 weeks (can't they just email me?). This guy said the lady have been transferred to another department, he will assist from here. Told him I'm sick of waiting just proceed with the refund, he said they can only refund 1 year instead of 2 years promised. I told them I been promised 2 years, he said there's no written record of that. WOW!!

I lost an awesome 800 number ending in 2345 due to RingCentral mistake and now I'm getting only half of the refund as promised?!? How is that making sense? No it doesn't make sense especially the reasoning of a female manager I spoke to last. She provided me a reason for refunding me 1 year instead of 2 years as promised which only makes sense to her. When I put her on the spot she simply talks over me and said take it or leave it. Forget it, there's no reasoning with someone who is unreasonable. I paid over $600 to keep my 800 number, now I don't have that number and RingCentral keep $350 of my money for screwing me over... This is america in 2018... a very sad place to be.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Have been using the service for over a year, without any major issues. Then our faxes stopped coming and going. I have a medical practice and it is very important we can send and receive faxes. The response I got from several people in their tech support was that it was issues with the fax numbers we were sending through, it was not on their end. So, dozens of faxes we fax to regularly all started having issues at the same time? That's more plausible to them than there being an issue with their service?! I switched to another fax service and all our faxes are going through just fine.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

The worst customer service I've ever experienced. Had the service for a couple of years and it's decent. Trying to speak to someone not in the Philippines is IMPOSSIBLE. I'm trying to remove a few lines from my account and I keep getting the typical contract speech. So they're going to lose the entire account over $200 a month. Heed the terrible reviews here and everywhere else (just google RingCentral bad)... Used to be a fan of the service but now can't get rid of it fast enough, the company has a lot of customer service issues that don't seem to get taken care of. My suggestion: go with any other service provider, they'll actually take care of their customers and built brand loyalty.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I have had RingCentral for 3 years for my business 800#. I have had my 800# for 26 years. The amount of SPAM calls are ridiculous. I am averaging 3-5 per day. This has only happened this year. This is daily. I did not have this the first 2 years. I am not sure what has changed. Ring Central's answer to my problem was to change my 800# - NO. Then their answer is start blocking these numbers. NO I do not need one more thing to do. No refund for the rest of my service contract to cancel. RUN from this service.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

My company signed up for a trial on RingCentral over two months ago. We had the trial extended by their rep successfully. Before the trial extension ended, we communicated with the rep and let him know that we were not going forward with the service. We received an acknowledgment from the rep. Nonetheless, we received an charge on our credit card for $234 at the beginning of August. We asked for a refund and again were assured by the rep that our service would be cancelled and the refund issued. However, it is now September 1 and we received another charge for $234. Don't use their service - if this is how they treat prospective customers, imagine how poor their service will be with established customers.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

Now worse than AT&T in fees and customer service. Have used them for 10+ years. Just like AT&T and Sprint in that their "pass-thru" taxes have gone up tremendously. To be clear, these aren't real taxes (I am a CPA), these are tax estimates that they are allowed, but not forced, to pass along to customers under federal rules, but are usually much higher than actual taxes paid due to tax loopholes and corporate welfare. On top of this, they now tack on administrative fees for "managing" the fake taxes they charge customers. Originally signed up with them to avoid add on fees and to use the flexible VOIP features and reduced pricing. Now, they are as expensive as the major carriers. Plan to discontinue service and set up VOIP server in house. Would not recommend in any case!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I have been a RingCentral customer for a few years. I stopped using the FAX services on a regular basis three years ago and canceled my account. They called and offered limit use (100 minutes) FAX account on an annual basis for $9.95. I took it because I occasionally need a FAX. Now I have discovered they have been fraudulently billing me randomly for additional minutes/faxes I never used. Contacting them is hard at best. They do not respond to emails or left messages. I have been trying to get erroneous billing straightened out for months with no success. Researching my bill, it seems they have been billing me randomly for services I didn't use for over a year. I finally got in touch with their help desk this morning, they couldn't help and passed the buck. I no sooner hung up than another fraudulent charge appeared on my credit card.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

First when I looked at the pricing guide for Ring Central it said one price - when I went through the free trial to sign up another price came up. Since it was a free trial, I figured no big deal. I went ahead and signed up (and there wasn't a way to see what they were charging you for). The main feature I needed immediately was a fax number - which they made it seem like was part of the pre-existing package. Once I realized that: 1) the system wasn't all that easy to use and was confusing; 2) the fax number and system wasn't part of the process; 3) the way they set up the sign up process felt heavy handed and it always felt like the next step was trying to lock you into something, I decided to cancel.

So I went to billing - and guess what! You can't just cancel, you have to hop on a phone call. And the phone call wait time??? INCREASED AS I SAT ON THE PHONE! So I am now on hold for what they are saying is 12 minutes but it has been increasing while I sit on hold - and this is for trying to cancel a service within 1 hour of signing up for it!!! Saying I am underwhelmed is an understatement.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Our previous VOIP provider had good service, but we couldn't get any customization done. Ring Central promised the world. Great service, support, 30 day no question cancellation, "If problems extend beyond 30 day intro period we will work to get you set or you can cancel." And so on and so forth. System never worked right. Hours and hours with tech support. Always a problem on your end, never their fault. Final straw? "The problem isn't the system... Your customers are hanging up on you". So, when I ask why the call log shows they are calling right back, several times, their answer: "So they can hang up on you again". Canceled the service, but it ended up in legal. Paid $5k to get rid of these nefarious worms. Actually, that was worth it, but still an incredible slap in the face.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

RingCentral has been the worst company to deal with. They claim to have a 30 day trial period in which you can cancel and get your money back if you're dissatisfied. Our company signed up in May, however our phone system still isn't up and running and it's now August. I called them and said I wanted to cancel, and they stated we cannot get a refund because it's over 30 days. Yes it's been over 30 days since signing up, however we haven't had 30 days of phone service to try the phone system. I have tried to get this resolved and get the phone system working prior to deciding to cancel, and the customer service and tech support is terrible, they barely speak English. I have requested to speak to a Manager on several occasions, and every time I've been told a Manager would call me back, and I have Never received a callback. This business is a SCAM!!!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

As like many of the other reviews I have read I am dealing with some of the same issues with RingCentral. I have been using their service since late 2014. I purchase 2 additional phones from another business that was going out of business and thought it would be perfect timing due to the potential growth. We contacted Ring Central to set up the phone lines. NOT ONE TIME DID THEY MENTION THESE ADDITIONS WOULD BE ON CONTRACT UNTIL MAY 2019. I didn't even know we were in a contract until May of 2019.

I advised them we were unaware of that information and no advised us that when the phones were added. I advised RingCentral the additional lines were not needed and it was unnecessary added cost to our business. The rep said he would get with management and then give me call back. He finally called back to simply say no, they were not going to remove the two lines because they are in the contract. I advise I was not cancelling my service just 2 lines. It didn't matter. They did not budge.

I let them know I couldn't believe they would not work with us as a customer and do something as simple as removing to lines. I advised in 2019 we would be cancelling ALL services. The rep came up with this GRAND IDEA that they would considering removing the other 2 lines that were not being utilized if we extended our contract with them. REALLY? Why in the hell would we do that? I politely advised the rep that I definitely wouldn't be extended any contract with them simply to have 2 lines removed and in May we would be cancelling ALL service.

Oh and I would like to add the actual QUALITY of the service has been HORRIBLE. Calls going non-audio after 40 seconds, the calls are often very choppy and broken up and the only answer to that problem is your internet. I must say that I am one very dissatisfied customer and as soon as I can, I will stop utilizing their service and will NEVER refer them to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I am locked into a 3 year contract with Ring Central and they will not make changes to my account as the first representative I was in touch with does not work there anymore. I want to cut back the number of phones by 2, which I mentioned to them, but they will not. There are also A LOT of added fees that they do not give any idea of how high they will be.

Original review: July 28, 2018

I called based on the website advertising a phone plan for $19.99/month. After you complete all the steps and get to the payment screen the total is actually much higher. When I called to obtain more information it turns out you are required to get a yearly plan and pay up front and even then it is still $39.99/month for 1 user. When I said, "Where on the website does it say this information?" The sales rep became very defensive and said the information is on there. It's not. He kept trying to explain it and still couldn't explain why it wasn't $19.99/month.

When I expressed that the website appears to be deceptive he once again argued and said it's not. When I asked to speak with a manager he hung up on me. I attempted to call back to file a complaint and there is no option for that. If you are a big company who can afford a yearly plan with no questions asked and do not care about customer service, then this may be an okay option for you. For any individual, small business, or anyone who actually feels they should be respected as a consumer, save your time and money. Terrible experience.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I’ve been disappointed by dealing with numerous other companies and I’ve never written a review on any other companies before. RingCentral however appears to be a company that doesn’t care about their customers at all and I feel I’m being treated not only unfairly, I’m being completely ignored. By reading other reviews, just like everyone else on their reviews are mentioning, resolving any even minor issues with them takes at least 2 hours. If you are operating business, good luck finding the time for it. Now my business hasn’t been operating for about 4 months and all I was asking RingCentral was downgrading my service and apparently I have the contract with them, which I wasn’t even aware of, that my business partner (who is no longer a part of the business) acquired their services and he is assuring me that no one has explained to him cancellation or making changes policies of the contract.

It must be a rocket science to make changes on the services instead of losing a customer. Honestly I do understand that you have to read the Terms and Conditions but how many people really read it? Besides all that, their service lines have constant static sounds, I’ve had numerous customers asking me if I was calling from overseas somewhere and after spending hours with RingCentral resolving some minor issues I didn’t even bother complain about the Technical issues. I’m pretty sure there are other VOIP services, that at least treat their customers fairly, that I’ll be looking for one myself and suggest anyone reading this review to stay away from the companies that don’t value their customers and are not supposed to be in business.

Original review: July 21, 2018

When we ported our number over they messed up our business name. They listed us as "Stop N Stor Self Storage". We are actually "Pak N Stor Self Storage". I made 4 attempts to get them to fix our name and they told me they did not have the capability to change our name to what we actually are. Are you serious??? I told them the phone system they sent us was useless and asked they swap out. They said not without a $25 restocking fee and then a refund on the rest and then a new phone purchase for extra money.

In the meantime we would have no phone. So less than 30 days and we try to get our number back and we can't because they screwed up our business name. They actually took another account and changed that business name to Pak N Stor. The wrong account!!! I said, "WOW! Can you see why we want our number back?" So they changed the business name on the wrong account but can't change ours to what we actually are. As a result the number port out keeps failing. I called about that and told them and they said to say we are Stop N Stor on the port request even though we are NOT! In desperation we tried and it stilled failed. Right now we are being held captive by this company! We can't get any resolution.

Original review: July 10, 2018

Horrible customer service. I called four times. Got the runaround. Was given a different contact person each time. Was told someone would come me back. Nobody has. I called 6-22-18. Person was to change my account to monthly versus yearly payments and he did not. Now I can’t them to correct this. They said they can see his notes regarding the change but the sale person is the only person who can fix the problem. They ignore my voicemails messages and nobody returns calls. Now it’s like they know my phone number and they are sending me to voicemail every time.

Once I was told only Mark could fix this. Next time I was told only Jerico could fix this. Also was told Jerico would call. It’s been a weeks. No response. They billed my card $560 7-1-18. They said they have no Supervisor or any management for me to talk to in order to rectify this. Perhaps BBB or attorney general office. It’s a unbelievable nightmare of an experience. If this is happening to me it’s got to be many many others. They should be charging 29.99 a month for twelve months and per my conversation on 6-22-18 no way is that $560. I need all eyes on this company. I would recommend them anyone. Poor business practices. They are stealing money.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I tried signing up for the free trial but it turned out to be almost a 4 hr ordeal with me ending up rejecting them. They make you jump through hoops that are unnecessary. Their prices really aren't that good. The reason I was even considering them again was they used to have a great desktop app that was more like a communications control center you could do everything through. They dumped that for an app they were building that they'd never completed beta testing and wanted customer complaints so they could work on what was still wrong with it.

Finally, isn't a trial to help determine how well it works? I have a phone for such a system. They said I had to be a paying customer to get my phone provisioned for their service. So much for the free trial to make sure they work. Let's not forget about $15 in fees and taxes alone each month on top of their price. If they're going to give a free trial it shouldn't be a bait and switch. Almost nobody uses their computer as their phone system for work. These guys just don't care about their customers and I don't think they ever have, particularly from all the other reviews I read here.

Original review: June 13, 2018

Advertised at $20/month. I filled out the form to sign up. Once I got to check out it was $518 per year. I decided not to go with this company. Now I am getting daily phone calls from them despite me saying I do not want their service. Do not get involved with this company, their prices are lies and they will spam your work phone mercilessly.

Original review: June 12, 2018

For some dumb reason I got sucked into going with RingCentral, their customer service is terrible. I signed up to their contract and after the fact I added 3 lines. 4 months later I unfortunately didn't need those lines, now they won't cancel those lines and they are considered under contract. How would I know if these lines weren't going to be needed a few months later. The line gets disconnected all the time. Such BS. I am very unhappy.

Original review: June 2, 2018

Beware! They have non existent customer service. The account managers have no clue how to help. They repeatedly apologize but can never seem to solve a problem. I was billed for a number I did not have or use. To this day I have not been able to have the number canceled or receive a credit for the payments they deducted from my credit card. They advertise HD Voice. I believe that's just the product name they use. I have experienced terrible voice quality. Many times incoming calls are interrupted and you have to wait for the call to reconnect. I usually end up calling from another line. They are way overpriced for the product and service they deliver. Look for other options. I can't wait to move my numbers elsewhere.

Original review: May 31, 2018

We’re running a small business and started trial with RingCentral earlier this year and found it’s not for us. Too many features we’ll never use. Require hardware phone while we just want to use our cellphones; and surprisingly high cost to add additional numbers. Since we’ve already ported several numbers, it took us a while to transfer them out. When we’re ready to cancel the service, we’re told that we have 12 month contract with them. The early termination fee is sum of remaining monthly charge. I was trying to explain to them the whole extended trial experience with no luck. I believe there are many small businesses like us are just looking for a simple and low-cost phone system. Now it turned into a debt on the book and of course I’ll not use their service. I’m setting up a reminder now in case they will start auto-renew after 12 months. So, stay away from RingCentral until you know what you will get.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I have a small business and have been using RingCentral for just over a year. They have the worst tech support of any company I have ever encountered and as if that weren't enough their customer service is equally as bad. They are overpriced and we have issues with their applications daily. They are unapologetic and do not have any solutions for the problems we have over and over again and the issues are clearly on their side. We get assigned an account manager that cannot help us because we he/she is "sales" and our issues are deemed technical. Their tech people don't know how to do tech support and shoot in the dark in the most pathetic unprofessional manner I have ever seen. They will try to keep you on the phone "troubleshooting" issues when it is clearly an issue with their server or software.

Their "solution" is to "credit me" by giving me an extra week or two at the end of my contract for free. That is not what I want, I want your service to actually work as described. It works smoothly about 1 in 5 days for us lately which is not acceptable. Small businesses do NOT purchase their service, you will be sorry, find another alternative and save yourself the headache that IS RingCentral. They are the worst!

Original review: May 22, 2018

We are a very simple company that does outbound calls, nothing complicated. We had an amazing service by someone named Nolan (only reason this is getting 2*) but everything else is horrible. The after sales support is just horrible, they give you wrong information after wrong information. How can something so basic and vital for a call center as call reporting not work. Very happy we went month by month.

RingCentral expert review by Ellen Muraskin

RingCentral has over a decade of experience in the VoIP industry and has served more than 300,000 customers.​

• All-inclusive phone system: Their all-inclusive system includes conferencing, mobile app, user-friendly interface for adds, changes and multimedia communication.

• Accent on collaboration: RingCentral embraces the less-email trend with an app/interface, called Glip, which integrates task and calendar management, instant messaging and file sharing à la Slack.

• Accent on integration: Built as an open platform from the ground up, RingCentral's industry-standard APIs and SDK let your developers easily integrate your communications into key business processes and applications. Out-of-the-box integrations include Outlook, Salesforce.com, Box, ZenDesk, Google and Oracle.

• Reasonable rates: Plans start as low as $24.99 per month per user.

• Offers toll free to customers: Using RingCentral services, businesses can quickly and easily set up toll-free numbers for customer use.

• Best for: Small businesses and large corporations.

Profile picture of Ellen Muraskin
    Ellen Muraskin VoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

RingCentral Company Information