Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.17/5

RingCentral is a cloud-based global telephone system for all types of businesses. With RingCentral, moving your business phone system to the cloud is easy & straightforward. Our cloud platform allows for easy to access to secure voice, fax, text, audio conferencing, and online meetings. No matter how many office locations you have, our team of experts at RingCentral are ready to set everything up for you and allow for a smooth transition. Contact us today.

RingCentral Learn More

Start receiving calls today

Manage Your Business Phone System with Dash from VirtualPBX

Get started

Start receiving calls today

Manage Your Business Phone System with Dash from VirtualPBX

Get started

RingCentral Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RingCentral?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RingCentral?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

I could not find information on how to cancel before my free trial was up, so I emailed ‘service@ringcentral.com’ which I found in their ‘contact us’. No response. 2 days later they charged my credit card, so I emailed again saying ’hey I tried to cancel this!’. This time I got a reply saying this mailbox is not monitored by RingCentral. I followed the link I was sent after my card was charged and found a cancellation policy that says ‘you can only cancel by phone’. This is very deceiving and I would not recommend this business!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

The 2020/21 updated desktop app version is disastrous! I can't find myself in it and there is no connection between tasks and events in the calendar. When I add a new task, it does not have a Section to place the tasks. Everything showed disorganized when I see in the classic version. I will use the online classic version and dump the new desktop version until further notice.

Get buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

Beware of oppressive auto renewal agreements with RingCentral. Even if you purchase your equipment outright they can force you to remain a customer. They will not downsize the number of phones for your business even if you've had to downsize due to COVID-19. They will not allow you to cancel unless you notify them 30+days prior to the auto renewal for which you will not receive prior notification. If you delete unused lines, they still charge for them. An attorney reviewed our situation and there is nothing to be done but wait it out till the next auto renew - which is a 24 month length. RingCentral is not small business friendly. Find a local provider and give them your business instead.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

We lost so many accounts and opportunities as a result of using the "services" offered by this company! They certainly know how to sell, however, don't expect the same when it comes time for them to perform and provide the services purchased. Even after many days on the phone over weeks with their technical support trying to get the services to work properly and literally the loss of tens of thousands of lost opportunities, they still refuse to allow us to cancel the service. Now... even though they confirm our statements and issues against their own internal technical support notes, they refuse to cancel our "1 Year Agreement" without penalties equal to the amount we would end up paying if they didn't cancel. MY STRONGEST ADVICE IS STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I went to the site and reviewed the product. After 1 successful outgoing fax when I attempted to fax again I was asked to select a fax number/plan which I had done prior. I could not get anyone on the phone or via email. I was charged $251.16 for something I cannot utilize. This product is flawed and anyone interested should move on to another provider. Customer service is pathetic. I highly do not recommend Ringcentral.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

I ordered a bedding set from WE NEVER HATE SKULLS on November 20, 2020. The man that I ordered it from said it was a comforter (it was not) and assured me it would get there by Christmas & was from USA. (Not). I kept writing and asking where it was and they kept saying it would come, but it didn't. It finally came Dec. 29. I t is AWFUL. It is poor quality, a fabric, spots on it, and the threads are loose. I keep calling and writing but they refuse to give me my almost $70.00 back! They are rude and refuse!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

I used their fax service as a free trial. When I tried to call to cancel before the free trial ended, their automated phone system disconnected me while I was on hold for a representative. I then emailed customer service two times before my free trial ended. Over a week went by and I did not receive a response from customer service. I was then charged for a membership. When I called again, the automated system had me enter my account #, but when I spoke to a rep. they repeatedly asked me for my account #, phone number and email address...shouldn't all of this be part of my account from when I created my account?

Then they told me I had to give them my login password before I could cancel my account. I did not have my password with me. So, they then transferred me to technical support, who then also repeatedly asked me for my account #, phone number and email address...AND technical support told me I needed to give them my password to cancel my account! A complete waste of my time as I was on the phone for almost an hour! Then they told me they would have to "put in a ticket to request a refund" for the monthly charge, which could take 1-2 weeks, and that I still need to log in to my online account to cancel my account myself. After I continued to complain, they told me they would cancel the account for me and give me an answer by tomorrow about the refund. This is not a legitimate company.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

We have been a customer with Ring Central since 2017. We were recently automatically renewed after our contract ended. We were not told by Ring central that many of our features were removed but the pricing remained the same. We have filed a complaint with the Attorney General's office of California, Better Business Bureau and Consumer Affairs per the poor service and Bait and Switches practices along with poor service. We are hoping that we can cancel the service without penalty by next week due to poor service and bait and switch tactics. We can use other collaboration tools.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

My husband signed a one year contract in August 2020 for this service. He passed away in a car accident in September 2020. I was monitoring his bills and found out that a monthly fee was being charged to his credit card. I called the company to let them know that he was deceased and, since I do not own the business, I did not need their services. The only way they will cancel the service is to charge me an Early Termination Fee (which is actually similar to the actual monthly fee.) I feel that this is very unethical since the contract that they have is with a dead person and I did not sign anything with them. I even offered to send them the death certificate. Needless to say, they are not willing to acquiesce and have already sent the bill. I would never recommend a company this unethical.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

I found the service to be great while I was using it from a little over 2 years. Now the time comes when I no longer need the service and I am expected to pay $1,500 in order to cancel the service. You also cannot pre-cancel the service at the end of the current term. You can only cancel in a 30 day window prior to contract expiration. I cannot recommend against them strongly enough. Stay far, far away. The only thing they are really good at is turning advocates for their service into activists against it.

RingCentral author review by Ellen Muraskin

RingCentral has over a decade of experience in the VoIP industry and has served more than 300,000 customers.​

• All-inclusive phone system: Their all-inclusive system includes conferencing, mobile app, user-friendly interface for adds, changes and multimedia communication.

• Accent on collaboration: RingCentral embraces the less-email trend with an app/interface, called Glip, which integrates task and calendar management, instant messaging and file sharing à la Slack.

• Accent on integration: Built as an open platform from the ground up, RingCentral's industry-standard APIs and SDK let your developers easily integrate your communications into key business processes and applications. Out-of-the-box integrations include Outlook, Salesforce.com, Box, ZenDesk, Google and Oracle.

• Reasonable rates: Plans start as low as $24.99 per month per user.

• Offers toll free to customers: Using RingCentral services, businesses can quickly and easily set up toll-free numbers for customer use.

by Ellen Muraskin VoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

RingCentral Company Information