3.8/5 (126 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Taylor Sansano
Edited by Cassidy McCants

About RingCentral

RingCentral offers an intuitive platform for voice, video meetings, team messaging and collaboration. From click-to-dial functionality to one-click video conferencing, everyone on your plan can readily access the same digital tools through a single, easy-to-use platform that works across office sites and mobile devices. Setup, deployment, and adoption is also easy, and IT can manage it all from anywhere. RingCentral supports all types of businesses, with plans built to each company’s size and needs. The plans can get expensive for large businesses, but the company promises no hidden fees.

Pros

• Four customizable plans
  • All-in one communications solution
  • 24/7 staff support and extensive resources
  • No hidden fees

Cons

• Not yet available in all countries
  • Might require contract

Bottom Line

RingCentral moves beyond a traditional VoIP service by providing one platform for voice, video meetings, a contact center and team messaging and collaboration. There are several plan options and price points available with no hidden fees.

What is RingCentral?

RingCentral is a comprehensive, cloud-based business communications solution that includes messaging, video, phone, fax and a contact center. The company designed the all-in-one platform to help businesses streamline its communication and eliminate the need to use separate applications for day-to-day calls, conferencing and online meetings.

RingCentral has more than 20 years of experience in the industry.

How does RingCentral work?

RingCentral works over the cloud to provide easy access to advanced communication solutions. When your business partners with RingCentral, it receives 24/7 customer support and access to a complete product knowledge base, customer community and RingCentral University resources.

RingCentral products

RingCentral’s VoIP services help replace traditional landline telephone technology with a streamlined approach to business communication. RingCentral VoIP is part of a secure and reliable virtual phone service that also leverages cloud PBX solutions.

In addition to traditional voice phone calls, businesses can get further communication services and perks like online meetings, SMS, team messaging and advanced call management features from RingCentral. The company provides a comprehensive cloud communications platform without the need for expensive wires and cabling. All you need is internet-connected devices like computers, laptops and mobile phones.

Specific RingCentral products include:

• RingCentral MVP: Includes messaging, video and phone services
  • RingCentral Video: Includes free video meetings and messaging
  • Contact Center: Handles inbound and outbound communication

RingCentral plans

RingCentral offers four MVP plans to choose from: Essentials, Standard, Premium and Ultimate. Each is centered on the number of users and the size of the business.

This plan offers messaging and phone services for $29.99 per user per month. With this option, you can get access to business phone or toll-free numbers with unlimited calls within the U.S. and Canada and business SMS. Voicemail-to-text, team messaging and document sharing are also included. This plan allows up to 20 users.
This plan offers messaging, phone and video services for $37.99 per user per month. It includes everything from the Essentials plan plus business phone numbers in more than 100 countries with unlimited internet fax and audio conferencing. Video meetings for up to 100 participants for up to 24 hours at a time are also available. This service comes with quality-of-service reports and 24/7 support. Businesses can also integrate this plan with common technologies like Office 365 and Slack.
This plan offers messaging, phone and video services for $44.99 per user per month. It includes everything from the Standard plan plus additional benefits designed to enhance productivity, including single sign-on, multi-site admin and management and hot desking. Video meetings are available with up to 200 participants for up to 24 hours at a time. Businesses also receive advanced call handling and recording, real-time analytics and access to more integrations, including Salesforce and Zendesk. Internal developers also get access to custom integrations and developer platforms.
This plan offers messaging, phone and video services for $59.99 per user per month. It includes everything from the Premium plan plus device status reports and status alerts. It also comes with unlimited storage.

RingCentral pricing

RingCentral's VoIP phone systems cost between $30 and $60 per user per month, though the company does offer discounts sometimes. The price depends on the features, capabilities and overall business goals.

The company offers a number of options that suit customer needs and budgets from the small business to enterprise customers. Pricing depends on features, capabilities and overall business goals. With transparent plans and pricing, businesses will know exactly what services and benefits they’re paying for. There are no hidden fees or charges with these services.

RingCentral FAQ

What is RingCentral MVP?
RingCentral MVP (message, video, phone) is a fully integrated platform that keeps each mode of communication and its relevant documents and links in one central space. This lets your team have video, team messaging and phone capabilities in a single mobile and desktop application for maximum flexibility.
What is RingCentral Contact Center?
RingCentral's Contact Center is an omnichannel solution that lets customers contact your company on the communication channel of their choice while giving agents access to the data needed to solve problems quickly and efficiently. The tool has an easy-to-use drag-and-drop development environment, and RingCentral offers multiple products and plans to improve the Call Center experience.
What is RingCentral Video?
RingCentral Video lets participants join instantly from a browser and access full meeting functionality.
What integrations does RingCentral offer?
RingCentral lets you integrate ready-to-use business apps and build your own with an open API platform. The open API platform enables communications integrations with popular business apps from Google, Microsoft, Salesforce, Okta, Zendesk and ServiceNow. It also lets your company's developers build custom apps and integrations.

Is RingCentral safe?

RingCentral uses seven layers of security and redundant data centers to ensure user protection and high availability, and it has experts monitoring and optimizing the platform 24/7 to ensure service remains at the highest level possible, with available 99.999% uptime SLA. RingCentral also uses geographically dispersed data centers and rigorous security processes to effectively shield you from system failure due to operational errors, cybercrime and natural disasters.

RingCentral Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RingCentral?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RingCentral?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

I used RingCentral for calling other investors and individuals who are selling their properties. It’s useful being able to call directly from the computer without needing any type of phone lines, which is cost-effective. You can start a new business without having to have a cell phone or additional accounts with major carriers, which was the number one reason why we went with RingCentral. However, there are some other features as far as the texting part of it which is not so good. A lot of folks get a lot of calls from different spams and they are reluctant to answer their phone. So, I don't like the messaging piece. RingCentral does not have a good platform for that. Their SMS system is a joke. There are 250 SMS and even for the maximum premium plan. You would think premium is a lot more that you’re gonna get and the most you're only gonna get is 75 text messages for the entire month. And that's not gonna cut it.

I’ve made already 75 calls and they send out 75 text messages. You already utilized it even with paying the highest premium of plan that they have. So, ultimately, what you would have to do is pay that additional premium of $20, an add-on service every month for every choice, whether you're picking the low-end, the middle, or the premium. That's when you get the 2,000 text messages. So, that's something that wasn't thought out. It's almost as if you just plan to spend that additional 20 every month regardless of what plan you choose. And with that, I would just go with the lower end of the plan and get that 20 or go somewhere else because essentially, what it’s gonna put you at is you’re gonna be at the same level as the other competitors.

The customer service is awesome and the feature where you don't have to have the cell phone to transfer your number, you can just tap in simply on an app, on your computer, live, without using any other hardware other than that, that's perfect. But it's the text messaging piece. My mentor told me it used to be unlimited text messaging. So, he wasn't aware they've changed it. But the calling platform is perfect. The way the voice system is set up is professionally done. The customer service is lovely. It’s just those return calls. I need that return on investment with people engaging with us and calling us back, not thinking that we're spam callers even though it has the business name.

I liked the implementation team better than the person that set up my services. If I can get the same knowledge or engagement like the person part of the implementation team to have the same features and communication as the sales rep, that would be awesome. The level of expertise with the implementation team is awesome. I’m not saying the sales team isn’t but it's a totally different level. It seems like the sales team is limited because they can only tell you about the product that you have, whereas the implementation team goes above and beyond as far as telling you how you can set up everything, and they make it so user-friendly.

RingCentral response

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. If you need, feel free to contact Support here: https://support.ringcentral.com/contact-support.html you can even reach out to the Review Team via email. We've provided our email in a private response.

Get buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

We switched to RingCentral from Vonage, and it was the best decision ever. RingCentral's system is working all the time like a clock, which is what I needed. There are a lot of features, which I like, with no extra payments. Everything is great, so far. They have reliability of service. We do a lot of call forwarding from different phones, and lots of times with Vonage, we could not switch from one phone to another. This is why we were getting the call forwarding service to begin with. In terms of customer service, I needed someone that I can talk to. With Vonage, it's online and I don't have time to wait for someone to text me and sometimes I just can't, and talking is easier too. With RingCentral, I call and get the answer right away. I don't have to wait on hold for a long time.

I've had RingCentral for a little more than a month, and so far, I don't have any complaints. They have videos online. If I need to have some questions answered, I can just view the videos as well. Also, this is not necessarily a downside, but as a small suggestion, the software for the app could be a little more streamlined. Sometimes I have to go through couple windows to get to call forwarding on the app. Given how much they offer though, I can see that it cannot be just a simple way of looking into things.

RingCentral response

Irina, Thank you so much for sharing this! We're so excited to hear about your experience. Keep us in the loop and let us know if we can help with anything!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

I’ve had a couple issues that RingCentral resolved quickly. The young man who helped me out was aboveboard and did a good job, and I wrote a report about him I'm still gonna find out one thing though. I use the app on my desk and I have it on the phone as well. I have a desktop phone that I use at another desk across the room from me. For example, my desktop phone has a message on it, but I'm looking at the app on my desk. I see there's a message over there, but I don't see the message in the app. Right now, I have to go over to the phone across the room to get the messages that should be here at my desk. One other thing that is interesting is this is a Polycom phone. If I want to hear the voicemail on the phone, there's no code. I have to enter my code to listen to my voicemail, but I don't know where that code is. I knew it was something simple, but I don't remember. How do I get back into the phone and find my code?

Overall, customer service is okay with the response. Emails come in before the person gets ahold of you, which is redundant, but once you speak to a person, you're handled properly and professionally. To utilize a service like this, it would be helpful to find out how you wanna use it. My position would be in the house. I need to make sure I had the right amount of extensions and how easy that would be to set up. I could operationally handle it if I knew exactly what I need to do. Be prepared.

RingCentral response
    Dirrick, Thanks for leaving this review.
    We would recommend changing your PIN so access is easier, as well as configuring notifications.

We've shared a couple of KB articles to assist you via private response - we've also included our email address should you require further assistance. Let us know how we can help further!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

We have had some issues overseas. When a call comes in, we have to engage with RingCentral, then ServiceTitan. But the issues are just the integration with ServiceTitan. That's a painful process, but nothing that's too difficult. For outbound calls, we have to do through ServiceTitan as well. So, we click ServiceTitan then dial through RingCentral. So, it's created a couple of extra steps in our call flow for outbounds and inbounds. But nothing that is really game-changing or breaking.

The dashboard of RingCentral is very robust and so is the analytics. I like using that. I also like the level of customization with the IVRs and how easy it is to set them up as well as how complex they can actually be. The support that I've received has been really straightforward, too. I've got support a couple of times for a random package to use and the knowledge base seems robust. I come from a much larger corporation than where I'm at now. I'm in cybersecurity. So, I'm very familiar with software and just large-scale businesses. And I know a lot of times supports get bogged down, so can documentation, but they have a fairly robust amount of that as well. The guy that I spoke with, originally, to get everything going was Pete and he was great. He's been really helpful whenever I ping him through RingCentral itself.

RingCentral response
    Riley, This is great to hear, despite your integrations challenges.
    And we're so glad to hear that the tools and resources we provide come in handy for you and your team.
    Please stay in touch! We'd like to know how things continue to unfold.

Thanks!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

I implemented RingCentral for a client of mine. We did that on Monday. And so far, I haven't heard anything back, which not hearing anything back is a good thing in my business. I went back on Wednesday and one of the guys from the provisioning, I worked with him and we configured a conference room phone. It was a good, easy transition, and quicker than I thought. Working with everyone from RingCentral, it was on-demand support. And everything works. Everything went better than I expected.

The integrated communication, having the cell phone, having the app, and the communication features such as the video conferencing and the chat feature makes it really easy. The only thing that I would suggest is that I was working with the user and we were making a test call because he has the app on his phone and the app on his desktop computer, then he has a dedicated phone on his desk. When he called, it only rang the phone, but not the cell phone and his cell phone. So we’re trying to figure that out, which we did.

And to get it to ring to the cell phone and his cellphone, if he was away from his desk, it would take longer than expected. You have to go into settings, then go to phone, then click the toggle to forward to the app and cell phone. That probably should be a simple toggle on the main page. Say I’m at my desk, and all of a sudden, I’m on my way out of the office and gonna go home but I still want to receive my calls, I don’t want to go through fiddling with all of that, so that I can start receiving my calls on those other devices.

RingCentral response

Kareem, Thanks for sharing your experience with your customer. We're happy to hear that your customer continues to see a seamless experience. But we're always here to help! Please don't hesitate to reach out if we can.

Resolution response: Sept. 21, 2022

Company finally allowed me to cancel after several attempts on here and BBB.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

We signed a 2 year contract in 2018. This year nearly 5 years later, we changed our company CRM. It requires us to use a different service for our phones. We had RingCentral PORT OUR NUMBERS over to the other service. We then contacted RingCentral to cancel our subscription. They refuse to cancel us because they tell us we are auto renewed into ANOTHER 2 year contract every 2 years. We now have NO PHONE NUMBERS with them, but we are still being charged. Basically you can NEVER leave unless you cancel at exactly the right time (30 days before your contract ends). If you already signed a contract, DO NOT LET THEM AUTO RENEW YOU OR YOU CAN NEVER LEAVE!

RingCentral response

Brian, The Review Team would like to look into this matter. Please reach out to us via the email address we've sent via private response.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

I have been with Ring Central for a little over a year. I am a small business owner and I ignorantly choose this phone system. Throughout my time, support has been awful. I never get help, no one understands my questions, and my bill has increased rapidly. I called to terminate services as I can't get proper assistance and I was told they automatically renewed my contract for another year and I am unable to terminate without paying over $1000. I have called 3 times in the last 5 days just to be hung up on over and over again. They refuse to cancel my service, they refuse to allow me to speak with a supervisor. I am about ready to contact my lawyer and the Better Business Bureau. STAY AWAY!

RingCentral response

We're so sorry to hear about your experience. We'd like to help you out. Please reach out to the Review Team via email. We've provided our email in a private response.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

I did research on various VoIP services and decided RingCentral offered the best cost for value. I'm just getting off the ground right now, so as I'm setting things up and signing up for bank accounts and business licenses, I'm giving them to my marketing team to put out there. Working with RingCentral makes it easier to centralize my communications that way. RingCentral is very professional.

RingCentral response

We're so happy to hear about your experience. Thanks for taking the time to give us a review. We'd love to hear more if you would like to share. Feel free to reach out to the Review Team to tell us more. We've provided our email in a private response.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

We have not extensively started using RingCentral, but training sessions have been nice and the staff have been very supportive.

RingCentral response

Great to hear, James! Thanks for sharing this feedback. If the Review Team can help, please reach out to us. We'll share our contact via private response.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

We've had RingCentral turned on for a few months, but I'm still setting up the business. So now, we're just starting to get calls. So, we use it with PATLive. We have an answering service and we use their call forwarding to them. So, when my customers call in, they call our call center, and the staff uses it for interoffice communication. I'm happy with it.

RingCentral response

Music to our ears, Adam! Thanks for taking the time to share this feedback. Please reach out to the Review Team if you need any additional support!

RingCentral Company Information