3.02/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

RingCentral is a cloud-based global telephone system for all types of businesses. With RingCentral, moving your business phone system to the cloud is easy & straightforward. Our cloud platform allows for easy to access to secure voice, fax, text, audio conferencing, and online meetings. No matter how many office locations you have, our team of experts at RingCentral are ready to set everything up for you and allow for a smooth transition. Contact us today.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 9, 2017

95 RingCentral Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I first signed up for service in September 2013. Things were OK for a short while. Then we had major issues with the service activating. It would take four hours at minimum to get a dial tone after either power or Internet was interrupted. When we contacted support, they blamed our Internet provider. Never mind that we could call support on the "poor Internet service". Our problem was getting a dial tone without a massive delay. In the fall of 2016 support claimed they were going to resolve it. In doing so, they completed disabled our phones. So we continued to live with their service that could leave our business without phones for a day or more!

We switched Internet providers in August 2016 and the problems persisted. We called support again and now they had something new to blame. There were numerous phone calls that spanned more than ten hours of time on the phone. There was zero resolution of the problem. Sadly the support tech kept asking to do something over and over that we had explained was just simply not possible.

The back and forth continued and we finally gave them a deadline to resolve it or we would look elsewhere for service. They ignored the problem and we've found a different phone provider. Now they make it nearly impossible to cancel because they claim that the contract auto-renewed at the end of September. Never mind that they were in breach of the contract for failing to provide functional service. Their service is poor at best. Their support is nothing short of awful. Yes, they are all based in the Philippines and they follow a script perfectly. They don't seem to listen to information provided at all. The best way to avoid problems is simply to avoid RingCentral completely.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

We ordered Ring Central 2 weeks ago service for our company Forum Lending and we were offered really good numbers as bait, but as soon as we signed up they switch the numbers and told us those numbers were no longer available. Since then we had no real help in replacing those numbers, just "we can get those numbers".

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Since July 14th, I have had nothing but issues from RingCentral charging our credit card unauthorized - from disconnecting our business phones for three days without notice; from their support people changing the phone settings everytime you call; here you need another extension. Oh let me change the settings - they were set correctly. Your business number you have had for years and not used - they assign their own phone number to each desktop phone.

The sales person lied about the services; the settings are very complicated and if you change one area another area is affected. Your phones ring then they don't ring - intercom - they all ring at the same time; greetings - wow what is that??? Voice message option - maybe you get it maybe you don't. Lets talk about faxing - what a nightmare - we were getting complaints from our clients about not being able to send. We got calls from our clients asking if we were still in business. It is now November 7 and our phones are still not working properly. You submit a case to get support help. I have 18 of them and they close them out or say its a duplicate; yes it may be a duplicate because they never resolved the issue.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Great customer service and very helpful when we run into any issues with the new system. We will be putting in a call ticket today to help with reprogramming a phone. And everyone we speak to is always very helpful in getting the task at hand taken care of. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Beware automatic charges. I created this account to receive a couple faxes. I canceled the membership after and thought everything was all done. Six months later I found it had been charging me every month. I called and they told me they had no record of me canceling my account and refused to refund me the six months of charges I should not have had to pay.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RingCentral?

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I have been a customer of RingCentral for 4 years and at one time my business had 6 lines and when I called to downgrade my plan, they told me that I was in contract until June 2017. Well it's October 2017 and I called to downgrade, and they told me that per my signed agreement that my contact was auto renewed in June 2017 for another 2 years. I am now stuck in a contract with RingCentral until June 2019. The only thing I can do to get out of the contract is to pay them $3000.00. This is FRAUD!!! Total SCAM!! Beware of RINGCENTRAL!!!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I would never use Ring Central again and would most definitely never recommend the service for personal use. I got a free trial from Ring Central for personal use just shortly after moving across the country, because I needed to send one single fax and thought it would be easier than buying a printer/fax right away. I was very wrong, as the service did not work for me at ALL! The fax only sent my cover letter, not the attached fax (without notifying me, of course). It only allowed for one attachment per fax, and had a cap on how many faxes could be sent in a day! I ended up driving 30 minutes to a Staples and paying to fax my documents, because that ended up being easier. I tried to cancel online before my trial was up and found the information tucked away in an innocuous place on their website after much searching, like they didn't want customers to easily find how to cancel.

You cannot cancel online, only over the phone, and only during business hours. So I called, and I got the most unpleasant man. Now listen - I've worked customer service, so I don't expect cheery over the top enthusiasm every day. Sometimes, you just have a bad day, and I'm not going to fault anyone for that. But this guy... when I said I wanted to cancel, he started asking me way too many questions, to the point where it was obviously putting me off and making me uncomfortable. (I get this was probably because the company tells them to try to keep customers on, but...) Why was I canceling? Had I used it?

Well was I ever going to use it again? I wasn't going to EVER use it again? Well why would I sign up in the first place? etc. When I finally convinced him I just wanted to cancel, he said he'd send an email, and... he hung up. Just hung up! No "goodbye" or "have a nice day" or anything at all, just hung up on me. Now maybe the call center wasn't directly Ring Central, or maybe it was. But the bad customer service was the cherry on top. TLDR; the service didn't even work for me, and the customer service was rude. Would not use again or recommend!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I applied for RingCentral and the salesperson basically lied to me about their capabilities for routing multiple calls from one phone #. He had already charged my credit card $790. Within 24 hours of the charge. I called them to cancel my account, since they were not able to provide the service I needed for my business phone. They said they had refunded the money the same day, and it may take up to 5 business days to process the credit. That was September 22, 2017. I got my credit card bill statement today (for charges for 9/17 to 10/16 period), and there is no credit. I called their billing department and they obviously couldn't find my account, because it was open for all of 24 hours!! Finally when they found it, they verified that the account was closed on 9/23/17 and again assured me that the refund was processed, and "you WILL see your refund soon".

Do NOT use this company. First, the salespeople will tell you what you want to hear even if they are not able to provide the service you are requesting! They will immediately charge your credit card for the full amount. Refunds will not be given, maybe in the hopes that a business will not notice that refund was not given. When you call, they claim that they cannot find the account, since it was closed. It took me 75 minutes on hold to get someone who could look into it and "refund" my money. I will take this up with my credit card company, as I DON'T TRUST RingCentral to refund my money.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

The thing that I like most about RingCentral is ease of use. Initially when we purchased RingCentral it was a little difficult to set up, but with the assistance of the support team we got through it. After that it was easy dealing with issues as they came up.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

Support staff has always been helpful. Pricing is OK. Many desk phone devices are supported. The forum is very helpful as well. I found the chat support feature really excellent, because it appears that all support staff is well educated on the platform. Keep up the good work.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

The service is excellent, never offline and tech support has always been very helpful. The RingCentral for Windows is a great way of managing your calls and allows you to call directly from the app. Many features at a very reasonable cost. The personal rep calls often to see if everything is going well. I love this company.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

After over four years with RingCentral, I feel taken advantage of as to how the annual renewal works. I had no idea when I changed providers that I would get hit with a steep cancellation fee. The contract I signed in April 2013 had an auto-renewal clause in it that renewed annually. However, I was not provided with any type of notice about the renewal, not even a reminder email before or afterwards. I resent feeling taken advantage of and for that reason, I would not recommend to anyone to deal with RingCentral as there are better options available with companies that provide better service at similar rates that won't take one final piece of you should you change providers. Also, their off shore support sucks - poor communication takes repeated attempts to get anything done and is frustrating.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I've called a couple of times regarding one issue. Was put on hold forever and passed around to different departments. "Oh, your account works with this." To the next, "No, your account doesn't work with this and you'll need to upgrade." No one knows anything there. You try and call sales to get answers or simple quotes and Brandon ends up telling you that you can't call in for questions or quotes. He has mouths to feed and doesn't have time to give me free consultation. Excuse me for calling to find out how much something costs, have my questions answered, and any other concerns prior to purchasing.

Brandon was incredibly condescending and doesn't understand how sales works. Some people prefer calling and speaking to a person and doing sales that way. The old fashion way. He just lost a huge commission as I will not be doing business with him after this last phone call. Worst tech, customer service, and sales I've experienced. Go elsewhere.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

When we signed up for this system a few years ago, the reviews weren't very good but showed improvement. Since then, yes there have been some problems, things have been great. We didn't have any of the issues that were in the reviews with customer service. That has been great. Whenever we did have some issues with the system, the tech support has been able to help almost every time. I think there was one time that I figured it out but that was while we were following the troubleshooting instructions from tech support. So, this is a great system and we rarely ever have any issues. Most of the ones we did have were due to learning this system. Which most of these things have been corrected with their updates to the function and appearance of Ring Central.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

We needed a low cost phone system for a new company and decided to go with RingCentral for both offices as it was recommended by the corporate office for our company. We picked them for both new offices because the features matched what we needed and the cost was manageable. This quickly became a huge mistake. Anyone you talk to outside of the initial sales rep is completely incompetent and useless. Everyone you speak to doesn't understand or speak basic English. They don't understand you, and you cannot understand them. You will be on hold for a minimum of half an hour, then transferred to several different department because no one understands what you are asking.

The service itself is complete garbage. The $120.00 phones they give you are trash. We had the highest tier internet from Comcast business and calls were constantly dropped. Voicemails never came through. The call forwarding never worked correctly. Phones constantly stopped working. Nothing is ever their fault. They either try to blame the user or a problem with your internet provider. The most frustrating part in all of this is the incompetence of the "tech support." I was completely blown away every time I had to talk to them. It was shockingly bad.

We finally had had enough and canceled. Have fun with that process. I swear RingCentral must have a thousand different department and no one knows which department does what because they will transfer you around multiple times, you'll be on hold for half an hour each time, only to have to explain what you are trying to do every time.

I'm usually very patient with customer service, I know their jobs are stressful, but it was easily the most infuriating experience I have ever had. Then when you finally get it canceled and receive the email confirmation that your account has been canceled, they will still charge your card every month, then try to tell you that your account wasn't canceled. Meanwhile I have the confirmations on file. Then they tried telling me that I was basically lying and if I remembered the person's name that I spoke with. You talk to so many different people there's no way I would. And I shouldn't have to being that I have the confirmations.

And the fax system is garbage. Just go with MyFax or any other system. The RingCentral system never works. The auto attendant never worked correctly. Most important, and I already mentioned this, was that the call forwarding never worked correctly. It would either not ring, or say the number was no longer in service. We needed it to ring to a supervisor's cell phone. Never happened, ever. The few times it would, the quality was so bad you ended up just giving out your personal cell number. The RingCentral App: COMPLETE GARBAGE. The call quality was so horrendous it was unbelievable. This was for both offices that we had RingCentral for. It wasn't like it was just an isolated incident. I never write reviews or complaints, but people need to know to avoid this company like the plague. Oh, and I specifically said at the time of sign-up that I only wanted month to month, magically I was in a yearly contract according to them.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

The service has been terrible with this company. You keep getting shuttled around to different "Account Managers" who are clearly foreign workers who can't speak English. The service itself hardly ever works, and they locked me into a 2-year contract. Within the first month of it they would not let me out of the contract for poor service. Total bait and switch. DO NOT USE THEM!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I had their service for 5+ years and had no problem until the last 2.5 years. The service was primarily used to allow family in Korea to fax to us and for us to them. There is really no other use. But problem was it would constantly fail to send out faxes to my family in Korea (fax fail). Call Support (now, just email and calls are impossible and just get chat). They would troubleshoot and they would try to argue that it is on our side or my family's fax machine. After troubleshooting over 2 weeks (and they call at the most inconvenient of time), they keep trying to point it on our end. Again, I prove it that it is on THEIR END (and these took 2-3 attempts), they would tell me it is on their end and resolve it. It works for a bit.

The same issues comes up again! The same issue and the same runaround. I hate their support since they never could resolve the matter and we have to go through hoops to prove that it is on their end. I don't use their service much and all I need is for them to ensure the faxes are about to come in and out. But every time we use them, we have a PROBLEM! SAME TIME and same troubleshooting. I am trying to cancel their service but they are unreachable. Going through support is not only a hassle but they would discover me when I address the prior cases and the issues happening time and time again... Do not do business with them...

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

Ring Central worked fine for me as a fax for over 10 years. My issue comes where I was not using it for one business anymore and wanted to cancel the fax and get other services for a newer business for which I needed a whole package of services worth much more than the $15 bucks I was paying for my private practice. When I called to cancel the old I was put on hold for over 45 minutes! This unacceptable and I will NOT be opening a new account with them. I did tell the man I spoke to (who was very nice but has no power to cancel apparently and is probably in India or somewhere) that I was also opening a new account and of course he wanted to have me do that first but I said, "No let's take care of the one I don't use first."

This is just beyond rude and shady for a business to do this. Not enough staff to do cancellations for minute amounts of money but plenty to take new orders? For a publicly traded company? I won't be back. If you need to cancel set aside at least an hour and maybe more. I waited 45 minutes and then was disconnected the muzak stopped first. So will call them back I guess. It's like ripping off a band aid. Very slowly and inefficiently.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

Ring Central works great for my small business. Lots of great functions including international calling, faxing, conference calling, mobile, desktop and fixed phone capabilities. There are more features available than we use. Some of the functionality is a bit confusing if you are an infrequent user.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

We use RingCentral for our online business and it has provided us with reliable phone service with our customers. We like the flexible methods of configuring our phone service. Picking up our messages online is another option we really like.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I am a small business owner and have a small office. Since switching to RingCentral as my phone provider I can honestly say it has streamlined the way I communicate with my customers. My customers and I love the fact that they can text to my office line!! That's a huge plus in this day and age. I also love the app and use it every day! I would recommend RingCentral to any business owner... it's a game changer for sure!!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

We have had RingCentral for 8 years and it has always been weak at best. But we learned to get thru it. Over the years it started to become a little better i.e. keeping the phones working. Customer service is awful, plan on spending 2 to 3 hours on the phone and nothing will get done. The system usually fixes itself in a few days. Now after spending about 300.00 a month for service (for 8 years) they just upped my rate to 1800.00 a month with no warning. My account rep called me today (first time in 8 years) and told me he could do us a big favor and bring the monthly bill down to 700.00 a month. Are these people for real. Goodbye RingCentral.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

As long as they don't keep trying to do updates that crash or raise the price without telling me, they've won me over with great fax service at a reasonable price and I would and have recommended to friends and it was recommended to me by a friend and colleague. Great for personal or business!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

Your service has been very beneficial to our business in keeping us in contact with our variety of customers communication profiles. Having a 24/7 service that our customers can gain access to with ease and confidence makes our company stand out and be trusted for getting the job done.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

RingCentral service has allowed us to significantly reduce our monthly phone bills across most of our offices and add features not available from the companies we previously used. Voice transmission quality has only occasionally been of lesser quality than the companies we previously used. However, overall this has been a very good move for us.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

They have crippled a portion of our business by not understanding what we wanted. I think customer service and technical support are based outside of the USA and in a country where English is not the primary language. Also, when communicating with them over the phone each party speaks over the other party due to some technical anomalies.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

We are very pleased thus far with Ring Central. The quality of the service has far exceeded our expectations and the support when we need it has been top shelf. Every aspect from the sale (and I put the sales team through a ringer), to implementation and day to day operation has been very good. The value has been such that we reduced our communications cost by nearly half; we are at 83 phone users now and growing every day. The one recommendation (no way negative) I would make to Ring Central is that I think it would be good for them to look into bringing intercom systems on-board.

Currently they recommend a vendor whose device meets the requirements of Ring Central, but it has been problematic and it is a fine line of whether it is the hardware or the program details from Ring Central. I think that if Ring Central handled such items that would seriously bridge the gap between problems with SIP issues on said item types. So, yes, I would recommend, have recommended and will continue to recommend Ring Central as the go to service for UCaaS.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

We just had a similar experience to Brandon of Dallas, Dewey of Salinas, Jose of New Jersey. See a pattern here ConsumerAffairs? Our credit card bill arrived at the end of July... We discovered that we were charged $155 on Jul 10 for a 12 month service. I called today to find out why our bill skyrocketed. They stated the plan that we were on was discontinued and they chose this new plan for us. We did not approve the change (Isn't that call slamming in the phone world? Changing service without consent?) and yet our credit card was charged.

I asked for our credit card to be removed immediately so that we could not be auto-charged without our approval next year and they refused. The more people I spoke with, the nastier the phone conversation became. Unfortunately we are 2 days past the 30-day window for cancellation. There are better, more economically competitive companies on the market and we will take advantage of them and do our business with them when our service ends next year. Goodbye RingCentral!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

This is a tremendously useful resource. I am so happy I do not have to pay for a fax machine; one that I would only use to receive a few faxes a month. The cost is perfect for the amount I use it.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

Over the past few years Ring Central has raised their prices from a reasonable $55 per year to this year at $155. To do this over the course of just a few years is ridiculous. I think they are taking advantage of the people on an auto renewal program. There are so many quality online faxing companies offering great service for so much less... one would have to be crazy to stay with this company. Another issue I have is that they make it very difficult to cancel. You have to perform steps online then call as well. In addition, you can't simply choose a nonrenewal termination. You can only cancel your service and then they stop your account at once...which means you lose any prepaid service so if you're an annual subscriber... You have to quit right around your renewal date to keep from wasting money. WHAT AWFUL SERVICE.

RingCentral expert review by Ellen Muraskin

RingCentral has over a decade of experience in the VoIP industry and has served more than 300,000 customers.​

• All-inclusive phone system: Their all-inclusive system includes conferencing, mobile app, user-friendly interface for adds, changes and multimedia communication.

• Accent on collaboration: RingCentral embraces the less-email trend with an app/interface, called Glip, which integrates task and calendar management, instant messaging and file sharing à la Slack.

• Accent on integration: Built as an open platform from the ground up, RingCentral's industry-standard APIs and SDK let your developers easily integrate your communications into key business processes and applications. Out-of-the-box integrations include Outlook, Salesforce.com, Box, ZenDesk, Google and Oracle.

• Reasonable rates: Plans start as low as $24.99 per month per user.

• Offers toll free to customers: Using RingCentral services, businesses can quickly and easily set up toll-free numbers for customer use.

• Best for: Small businesses and large corporations.

Profile picture of Ellen Muraskin
Ellen Muraskin

VoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

RingCentral Company Information