1.02/5

Looking for a good VoIP provider?

RingCentral

RingCentral is a cloud-based global telephone system for all types of businesses. With RingCentral, moving your business phone system to the cloud is easy & straightforward. Our cloud platform allows for easy to access to secure voice, fax, text, audio conferencing, and online meetings. No matter how many office locations you have, our team of experts at RingCentral are ready to set everything up for you and allow for a smooth transition. Contact us today.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

156 RingCentral Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

RingCentral's support is horrendously lacking. There are product enhancements requested by customers on the books for 4 or more years that should be fairly easy to implement, but those requests have been ignored by the product development team. It appears that the management of this company is not interested in providing the service that customer are requesting, but providing the service that suits management. We have had RC for a few years and will be switching to something else as soon as we can.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Terrible organization. Steer clear. I've 115 cell phones together as well as I am departing. Poor telephone program as well as customer support is actually even worse compared to DMV. The service provided by them was inconvenient as well as time consuming, so it was a terrible experience. I never recommend to RingCentral.

Get expert buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I need my office phone and cell phone to ring at the same time when I receive any phone call on my office line. I have contacted Customer NO Service with RingCentral for the 3rd time to get this fixed. Each time they advised that it was fixed, it worked when we tested in and then stops working. I'm tired of talking to people in a 3rd world country who can't speak English clearly. Selecting RingCentral was a BAD Choice for my company.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Their customer service is totally terrible. Ever since I first signed up they have certainly changed the way they deal with customer service. The service provided by them was inconvenient as well as time consuming, so it was a terrible experience. Pros: Absolutely nothing. Cons: Cancellation.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Terrible Customer Service. No maintenance on time. I am very disappointed with services of RingCentral. My clients were also disappointed with me because whenever they try to contact with me my phones were busy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RingCentral?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I had an preliminary 2 year agreement that ran through April 2018. My company was already in problems and I closed operations 11/29. I called to cancel services as well as was told that they automatically renew for an extra 2 years unless you cancel 29 days ahead of your initial contract end date. So I have no salary and no way to cancel. The customer service individuals were horrible and said that their collections agency will be coming after me for the full contract amount of one more 18 months.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I was a RingCentral customer for 7 years. In that time, my account never changed, I had the same setup and the same number of users, and I was consistently well under allowable usage since I only use the system for call routing and don't make use of the other features. However in spite of this, the amount they charged me annually more than TRIPLED over 7 years. At first it was small increases that while annoying, were tolerable to me (vs having to shop around and switch) then this year, they inexplicably DOUBLED my annual fee. They offer no explanation for this increase and can't even answer straightforward and simple questions about my account. Couldn't move to another company quick enough and would urge anyone to STAY AWAY.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

This company requires to go out of online business. Most detrimental of the most detrimental service you can obtain for your office. Been on hold for 50 minutes while I'm being kicked up to "Third Tier Help". I do not suggest RingCentral for businesses. Particularly small businesses.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

10/10 DO NOT RECOMMEND IF YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS. RingCentral is AWFUL. The phones are continuously malfunctioning, and when you call customer service they are clueless. They will transfer you from person to person and no one has the same answer or a way to help you. Every call takes hours, as they outsource their support team and read from scripts. Yeah, they're polite. But completely incompetent. I run two small business and have lost out on at least a week's worth of time/money in the last month alone trying to solve the issue with NO LUCK. DO NOT USE THEM! WORST SERVICE EVER.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

My business initially used Nextiva, but switched to RingCentral. We were locked into a contract and had the worse service - both product and customer service. The phones were constantly malfunctioning. We were unable to hear callers and they reported the same to us. This went on for months. We had dropped calls on a daily basis and people would ask if we were using a cell phone. I received emails from other businesses saying that they had tried to reach us, but our phones were busy or that they were "out of service". On several occasions, I called the number to the business from an outside line and had the same experience... Meaning I called my own phone number to my business and got a message saying it was out of service.

Whenever I called this company, I would have to deal with customer service reps in the Philippines that would read down from a script so any interaction had an unnecessary level of "politeness" that made the whole process at least twice as long. They never were able to fix the issues, even after we spent thousands having an outside technician assist. Worst experience I have ever had with a company. We later switched to Vonage and had no issues.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I've been with RingCentral for a few months now. Their service is INCREDIBLY bad. The phone line itself is fine but when you need technical support no one there seems to know what they're doing. You can speak to three different people and get three different answers - and none of them is right. I'm locked into a contract with them and I'll ride it out but holy toledo their services is the pits.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I have been using RingCentral for 8 months. The quality and service is good, I would say 7/10. The problem is that they changed my bill from $89 a month for one line with one extra toll free number to $325 per month. They changed the way they are billing. What I was getting for free they don't give anymore. I had everything setup based on what they told me at the start, and now they changed it. Now I have to seek another company to switch to. Switching is a pain. But, for that kind of price increase, I have to switch.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

Impossible to make heads or tails of the system; Any time there is a (frequent) issue, takes HOURS to get adequate assistance - they are tone deaf for business operations; Locked into contract which I'm actually considering buying out of so I never have to call their out-of-the-country, poorly communicating "tech support" ever again; Too large of a company to ever give consideration to small business needs and efficiencies, and have No Incentive to do better. Just awful.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

We are RingCentral CLIENTS and get badgered by their sales team at least once a week, a different person from RingCentral calls with the SAME offer, many of these individuals claiming they're offering something different and it's the same waste of time. Each representative is quick to mention they don't see any notes about our disinterest, clearly the system RingCentral uses for keeping record must be pen and paper that gets tossed in the bin. Unimpressed. RingCentral is going to drive away their own client. I also find it interesting that their representatives can take the time to make the same near-automated call, yet can't take the time to ask what we think of our service, offer a deal that is actually helpful rather than some upgrade promotion, etc...

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

Their customer service is absolutely terrible. Ever since I first signed up they have obviously changed the way they handle customer service. The Service provided by them was inconvenient and time consuming, so it was a horrible experience.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

This company seriously tries to scam your money away. Every time I contact the customer service and ask to transfer to the billing department (I wanted to cancel my service) the call got disconnected, after 5 times I realized they were doing it on purpose, so no one can cancel the plan. Their customer service are also the least professional I have seen. One time I told a guy that I wanted to be re-connected to the previous person I spoke with and I said it was a woman, he kept insisting it was a man but I told him I was sure the voice was a woman, then he said "oh, he is gay that's why he sounds like a woman". I was shocked! Did they not go through any training at all? BTW, they are all located in South America/India, you won't be able to get anyone that is a native speaker and sometimes they simply could not understand my request.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

We prepay each year and RingCentral contacted us with little to no notice two months after we had paid the year, stating they were NOT going to honor it and increase the price 10x what we had paid in the past few years. I am not exaggerating. It was literally 10x what we were paying before. Imagine you are running a business and your expense line items increase 10x with just over 1 month's notice. These changes would collapse your business. Thanks RingCentral. I do not appreciate you taking the last 10 years of my life and flushing that work.

Eventually they refused to escalate our call and were of no use in listening to reason. We stayed with them through years of development and an increase might have been acceptable, but the horrendous business practice of not honoring a prepaid year and refusing to escalate it, combined with the bad business decision of giving their clients an undigestible increase with little to no notice makes them a company no one wants to do business with.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Conference calls disconnect everyone on the call after 45 minutes on a paid subscription. Not only have I been paying for months for a subscription to the conference call software but I have also been trying to get support to help resolve the issue. Support sends me to sales, sales sends me to support and vice versa. Finally, support states they will look into it offline, after hours on the phone, come to find out after they hung up they closed my support ticket as resolved, with no resolution. Terrible company, terrible product, and terrible service and support.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

The worst experience! After setting up an account for a 7-day free trial, we did not receive a confirmation email, and due to needing important documents faxed to us that day we called the company who refused to troubleshoot until we spoke to the sales department which promised receipt of our documents after we made a one-time payment of $30 +. Needing our documents we went ahead and paid that amount, only to never receive those faxes. Customer service (sales department) was very rude, and we quite frankly feel lied to and violated.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Back in 2013 I did a free 30-day trial to have a phone # that was a fax line that convert the fax to a PDF in an email. Loved the service, so paid $79 for the year. An email renewal came following year, 2014-$79, 2015-$95, 2016-$95, 2017 - no email renewal and charged CC $155 (I never caught it), 2018 - no email renewal but I caught the CC charged. Called to cancel and complain, and they asked what I'd be willing to pay, I said $10 a year, and the rep said how about $9.99 a year and did refund the 2018 $155 charge. Now I'm limited to 100 mins a year, and with all the robo calls that we all receive, within 3 months I was at 106 minutes, so here comes another charge of $21 overage fee. I QUIT! Such crooks really, I'm embarrassed for myself for getting ripped-off all this time.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I have been a RingCentral customer for many years. We've always received at least decent customer service the few times there were issues. They recently decided to update their billing which took us from about a $200 phone bill to well over $1500. I spoke at length with our account manager to make sure I had all the details correct before deciding to continue service before the pricing change. I was lied to about our pricing and have been overcharged every month including concessions they made to keep us as a customer. Now I've been dealing with trying to get money refunded for months. I would not recommend anyone to their product based on this service. Their product is just as good as any of the hundred other companies out there, but pricing and service is terrible. Look elsewhere for a phone system.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I was looking for a new VoIP provider and considered RC. What I found out is their staff is arrogant. RC is too big for its britches. Next problem. They justify their pricing based on the number of features they have. Way too many of the features I don't understand and will never use. I believe many people/small businesses will have the same problems. It's fine to have the features but they should have a more a la carte pricing model to make themselves more affordable.

Free trial? Really? What is the point of a free trial? To make sure the service works for you. The free trial is only good with their softphone. I can't use a softphone and need a desk phone. Mine is compatible with their service but they won't provision it unless I sign up for the monthly plan, no free trial. If you're looking to use a desk phone, either your own or buy one from them or elsewhere, you won't get a free trial. How can I tell how the service really works for me.

To be honest, I was with them about 4 years ago and they had serious problems then, many of them, such as upgrading their programming. The problem was their idea of beta testing was to put it out there, get our complaints and try to fix those. In other words, they used their entire client base to beta their new systems and gave terrible service. They would blame you for messing with settings when I don't even know how to find the settings that their programming changes caused to change in my account. You know, I might still have given them a chance for the free trial if they would have included provisioning my phone to see if it would work and given a 30 day free trial to make sure of all of the bugs in their service. But no, their attitudes still haven't improved.

A shame they're so stupid. When I write reviews I write very details reviews and post them all over the place. I mentioned I was with them up until about 4 years ago. I was so pissed at them I wrote my most detailed and scathing review ever and put it everywhere. I accidentally found it again last year and I was amazed that over 2600 people had found my review helpful. That means over 2600 people/businesses didn't do business with them. Not to say that all 2600 would have but if they found me helpful then they definitely didn't. Can you imagine how much business they lost from that one review? They don't treat their customers well. One would think they'd eventually learn better. It appears they believe if they show the attitude people will believe they're the best. Take is as a warning sign and stay away from them.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I am tired of dealing with these crooks. Long story short, I had 2 accounts and 2 phone numbers since 2013. In 2016, I wanted to keep my 800 number and close the other account. I have been paying average of $20 a month in order to keep the 800 number for over 2 years. Guess what? 2 years later when I need to use the 800 number I found out they cancelled my 800 number and kept the other number which I don't want. This was a huge mistake and RingCentral acknowledged this mistake, their manager said they will refund for the last 2 years due to their mistake.

I got transferred to this lady who is CUSTOMER LOYALTY SPECIALIST, she asked if they can find me another number I like in order to stay with RingCentral. I said YES but after almost 1 month there's no number I like. I was unable to get a hold of this lady for 2 weeks and got several calls from a phone number from a guy who said he's the manager.

The problem here is this guy have called me several times at 6-6:30am, I finally picked up one day and realized RingCentral is the cause of my lack of sleep for 2 weeks (can't they just email me?). This guy said the lady have been transferred to another department, he will assist from here. Told him I'm sick of waiting just proceed with the refund, he said they can only refund 1 year instead of 2 years promised. I told them I been promised 2 years, he said there's no written record of that. WOW!!

I lost an awesome 800 number ending in 2345 due to RingCentral mistake and now I'm getting only half of the refund as promised?!? How is that making sense? No it doesn't make sense especially the reasoning of a female manager I spoke to last. She provided me a reason for refunding me 1 year instead of 2 years as promised which only makes sense to her. When I put her on the spot she simply talks over me and said take it or leave it. Forget it, there's no reasoning with someone who is unreasonable. I paid over $600 to keep my 800 number, now I don't have that number and RingCentral keep $350 of my money for screwing me over... This is america in 2018... a very sad place to be.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Have been using the service for over a year, without any major issues. Then our faxes stopped coming and going. I have a medical practice and it is very important we can send and receive faxes. The response I got from several people in their tech support was that it was issues with the fax numbers we were sending through, it was not on their end. So, dozens of faxes we fax to regularly all started having issues at the same time? That's more plausible to them than there being an issue with their service?! I switched to another fax service and all our faxes are going through just fine.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

The worst customer service I've ever experienced. Had the service for a couple of years and it's decent. Trying to speak to someone not in the Philippines is IMPOSSIBLE. I'm trying to remove a few lines from my account and I keep getting the typical contract speech. So they're going to lose the entire account over $200 a month. Heed the terrible reviews here and everywhere else (just google RingCentral bad)... Used to be a fan of the service but now can't get rid of it fast enough, the company has a lot of customer service issues that don't seem to get taken care of. My suggestion: go with any other service provider, they'll actually take care of their customers and built brand loyalty.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I have had RingCentral for 3 years for my business 800#. I have had my 800# for 26 years. The amount of SPAM calls are ridiculous. I am averaging 3-5 per day. This has only happened this year. This is daily. I did not have this the first 2 years. I am not sure what has changed. Ring Central's answer to my problem was to change my 800# - NO. Then their answer is start blocking these numbers. NO I do not need one more thing to do. No refund for the rest of my service contract to cancel. RUN from this service.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

My company signed up for a trial on RingCentral over two months ago. We had the trial extended by their rep successfully. Before the trial extension ended, we communicated with the rep and let him know that we were not going forward with the service. We received an acknowledgment from the rep. Nonetheless, we received an charge on our credit card for $234 at the beginning of August. We asked for a refund and again were assured by the rep that our service would be cancelled and the refund issued. However, it is now September 1 and we received another charge for $234. Don't use their service - if this is how they treat prospective customers, imagine how poor their service will be with established customers.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

Now worse than AT&T in fees and customer service. Have used them for 10+ years. Just like AT&T and Sprint in that their "pass-thru" taxes have gone up tremendously. To be clear, these aren't real taxes (I am a CPA), these are tax estimates that they are allowed, but not forced, to pass along to customers under federal rules, but are usually much higher than actual taxes paid due to tax loopholes and corporate welfare. On top of this, they now tack on administrative fees for "managing" the fake taxes they charge customers. Originally signed up with them to avoid add on fees and to use the flexible VOIP features and reduced pricing. Now, they are as expensive as the major carriers. Plan to discontinue service and set up VOIP server in house. Would not recommend in any case!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I have been a RingCentral customer for a few years. I stopped using the FAX services on a regular basis three years ago and canceled my account. They called and offered limit use (100 minutes) FAX account on an annual basis for $9.95. I took it because I occasionally need a FAX. Now I have discovered they have been fraudulently billing me randomly for additional minutes/faxes I never used. Contacting them is hard at best. They do not respond to emails or left messages. I have been trying to get erroneous billing straightened out for months with no success. Researching my bill, it seems they have been billing me randomly for services I didn't use for over a year. I finally got in touch with their help desk this morning, they couldn't help and passed the buck. I no sooner hung up than another fraudulent charge appeared on my credit card.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

First when I looked at the pricing guide for Ring Central it said one price - when I went through the free trial to sign up another price came up. Since it was a free trial, I figured no big deal. I went ahead and signed up (and there wasn't a way to see what they were charging you for). The main feature I needed immediately was a fax number - which they made it seem like was part of the pre-existing package. Once I realized that: 1) the system wasn't all that easy to use and was confusing; 2) the fax number and system wasn't part of the process; 3) the way they set up the sign up process felt heavy handed and it always felt like the next step was trying to lock you into something, I decided to cancel.

So I went to billing - and guess what! You can't just cancel, you have to hop on a phone call. And the phone call wait time??? INCREASED AS I SAT ON THE PHONE! So I am now on hold for what they are saying is 12 minutes but it has been increasing while I sit on hold - and this is for trying to cancel a service within 1 hour of signing up for it!!! Saying I am underwhelmed is an understatement.

RingCentral expert review by Ellen Muraskin

RingCentral has over a decade of experience in the VoIP industry and has served more than 300,000 customers.​

• All-inclusive phone system: Their all-inclusive system includes conferencing, mobile app, user-friendly interface for adds, changes and multimedia communication.

• Accent on collaboration: RingCentral embraces the less-email trend with an app/interface, called Glip, which integrates task and calendar management, instant messaging and file sharing à la Slack.

• Accent on integration: Built as an open platform from the ground up, RingCentral's industry-standard APIs and SDK let your developers easily integrate your communications into key business processes and applications. Out-of-the-box integrations include Outlook, Salesforce.com, Box, ZenDesk, Google and Oracle.

• Reasonable rates: Plans start as low as $24.99 per month per user.

• Offers toll free to customers: Using RingCentral services, businesses can quickly and easily set up toll-free numbers for customer use.

• Best for: Small businesses and large corporations.

Profile picture of Ellen Muraskin
    Ellen Muraskin VoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

RingCentral Company Information