2.07/5
Based on 69 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good VoIP provider?

RingCentral

RingCentral is a cloud-based global telephone system for all types of businesses. With RingCentral, moving your business phone system to the cloud is easy & straightforward. Our cloud platform allows for easy to access to secure voice, fax, text, audio conferencing, and online meetings. No matter how many office locations you have, our team of experts at RingCentral are ready to set everything up for you and allow for a smooth transition. Contact us today.

A+BBB Rating
    Read More Read More
    Last updated: April 12, 2018

110 RingCentral Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: April 12, 2018

We are actually very unhappy about both the actual product and customer service!!! They renewed our contract without notifying us first and now say that we are committed for another year for the service that completely sucks… Very Very Unhappy!!!

Original review: April 10, 2018

I lost service for 24 hours because of a mistake my Account Manager made. A week and 14 hours of tech support time later, messages lost and unrecoverable, technicians still trying to fix what was never broken and each time I get passed to another tech, they fix one issue and create another. Worked great for a year but low budget system, no continuity in customer support, lack of training with account managers and technicians who can't see the big picture. Cheap, affordable system as long as you never need to ask questions or have a problem. When they screw up, no apologies, no offer of remediation.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: April 9, 2018

My company just signed up with these people and it has been the worst experience ever. They are very unprofessional... Lack the knowledge the service that they provide... and whenever we have questions about their service they take their time following up with you. We are very disappointed in their level of service, especially for the price that we are paying monthly. I DO NOT recommend anyone to use this company. They have a low ConsumerAffairs score for a reason. Save yourself some time and money and look for another phone company! PLEASE.

Original review: March 28, 2018

Fine print watch out - this company will find ways to nickel and dime you. Regardless of how long you’ve been with them they force you into a contract. If you decide to remove a number because of hiring or firing someone. Be prepared to pay for that number for a full year. Your contract auto-renews without notification.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I called customer service to inquire about fax services they provide. The customer service representative was very rude. I didn't like how he kept asking my personal contact information. I specifically told them to contact my business phone, not my cell. He placed me on hold for an extended period so I hung up. This is not a company I care to do business with. Within 3 minutes, they contacted my cell number anyway to "show me". They were very disrespectful and lost a very good customer. They must have got my cell number from their caller ID. Totally unacceptable. I will report this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RingCentral?

Original review: March 2, 2018

Ring Central had issues with their service on 12 phones. Their support could not figure it out and blamed me. When I got Comcast issues went away but Ring Central is demanding I pay for several months. They will not accept that I canceled my service. Even though the lines were ported away from them, they still claim that I have the service. VERY BAD company to deal with if there is an issue.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

RingCentral is way overpriced, and isn't competitive. The phones we have reboot in the middle of a call almost constantly. The admin features are easy enough to use, and it is relatively simple to set up, but RingCentral is charging $25 more a month PER PHONE than big name competitors like Comcast or First Communications. So we are in the process of moving away from them where we will pay $15/mo which includes unlimited long distance AND includes the phone. If you want competitive pricing, don't go with RingCentral. P.S. Even before I finished writing this review, the RingCentral phone on my desk rebooted.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

False advertising $19 but when you sign up it is for 2 users so 2 times more. I never use such companies who are trying to get more money from customers in this manner. Why dont you just state your price with no catches?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

So my boss asked me to find a 1-800 service and then I found RingCentral. So I used their chat line and I asked like 200 questions because I really don't know their feature or even their phone set. And the CS said he don't have time to deal with me all day. I'm like, "Oops. Not gonna deal with this company then." I know the reason why, they put CS and sales in the same department so all of the CS can think of is how to drive sales. I know the pressure. So unfortunate that this is how they run their business like this. I understand they are trying to reach efficiency. Lesson learned. Don't put your CS in a sales department. It's a horrible idea!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I have been with RingCentral for 6 years. I am on a 1 year contract. They added a new service called "mobile users" and charged me an extra $150 per month. I objected to the new charges, they ignored me. I will now cancel my service and dispute the charges with my credit card provider. The sales reps will say anything to get your business. When I signed up in 2012 they assured me that the phone system would meet my specific application. They lied, it could not, but I stayed with them anyway. I should have learned. RingCentral will try to trick you and cheat you.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018 I run small nonprofit. We were looking at options for calling for our staff and found RingCentral. We explained, in detail, what was needed, number of lines, numbers, etc. They said they could cover us for $45 a month. And if we were not satisfied we could return the equipment for free. Too good to be true.

Once the phone number was ported, we received 50+ "ghost" calls a day. The service did not work as advertised. And, after doing all this, they told us the quote was good for 9 calls a month, at the 10th call we would be billed for additional lines. Our bill was more than 10 times as quoted. We tried to get out, ASAP. They are now trying to charge us to return the phones and refusing to port the line until they bill us for a second month.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

DO NOT USE THIS PROVIDER. They were terrible to deal with. I explained in detail what type of service I was looking for. They said, "No problem." Collected more money than they quoted me then could not deliver the service I needed. After having main line ported over to RingCentral they made it almost impossible to get it back and it's taking forever. I would not recommend this company!!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

RingCentral is fine as long as you have your lawyer review the contract prior to signing, and you never have a customer service issue that can't be resolved on the website. If you don't, beware. Key facts aren't explained by sales reps prior to signing the contract. They're actively avoided. For example, if you sign a 12 month contract, and add additional lines, you do not have the option of adding them to your contract, or taking the non-contract price. Looking back, this is standard practice in the industry, and it makes sense. As a brand new customer of business telephone service, this was not obvious to me. After I no longer needed 2/3 of my lines, it was explained to me that I was stuck paying them for 12 months. This was just past the 30 day window where I could have cancelled the additional lines.

Customer service ranged from indifferent to rude and aggressive about this and other issues that arose during the seven months I used the service. Because of customer service experience, I cannot recommend RingCentral. I won't do business with a company that acts like AT&T did back when they had a monopoly on phone service. Had they been the least bit flexible, or explained the key points of the service prior to signing up, I'd recommend them. The actual service was fine, minus the usual technical glitches.

If you think, 'well now I know this particular point about their contracts, so I'll give them a try,' I'm recommending you reconsider. This was the particular issue *I* ran into. Contractual (or other) issues that you run into will be different for your business. If you do end up signing up with them, bring a friend that is experienced in business telephone contracts because if you don't know what you're doing, their process is set up to snare you, and they won't budge on anything. They will gleefully point to the contract you signed and tell you that you're stuck with them until your contract expires. (If you'd like to see what I mean by 'gleefully,' I have an email from them that will prove my point.)

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

Dealing with this company is a nightmare. They don't reply to you, they ignore your emails, and they are rude and disrespectful. They try to get you to sign up for their services, but never follow up and try to get through as many customers as possible. I will never deal with them again.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

This company is the worst. As my office grew, I needed more phones. You have to sign a service agreement with them that makes you pay rent on these phones forever - even if the office size shrinks. My office grew to 7 people but then split and was back down to 3. I have to keep paying for those extra phones for the next year. You're better off with landlines.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I first signed up for service in September 2013. Things were OK for a short while. Then we had major issues with the service activating. It would take four hours at minimum to get a dial tone after either power or Internet was interrupted. When we contacted support, they blamed our Internet provider. Never mind that we could call support on the "poor Internet service". Our problem was getting a dial tone without a massive delay. In the fall of 2016 support claimed they were going to resolve it. In doing so, they completed disabled our phones. So we continued to live with their service that could leave our business without phones for a day or more!

We switched Internet providers in August 2016 and the problems persisted. We called support again and now they had something new to blame. There were numerous phone calls that spanned more than ten hours of time on the phone. There was zero resolution of the problem. Sadly the support tech kept asking to do something over and over that we had explained was just simply not possible.

The back and forth continued and we finally gave them a deadline to resolve it or we would look elsewhere for service. They ignored the problem and we've found a different phone provider. Now they make it nearly impossible to cancel because they claim that the contract auto-renewed at the end of September. Never mind that they were in breach of the contract for failing to provide functional service. Their service is poor at best. Their support is nothing short of awful. Yes, they are all based in the Philippines and they follow a script perfectly. They don't seem to listen to information provided at all. The best way to avoid problems is simply to avoid RingCentral completely.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

We ordered Ring Central 2 weeks ago service for our company Forum Lending and we were offered really good numbers as bait, but as soon as we signed up they switch the numbers and told us those numbers were no longer available. Since then we had no real help in replacing those numbers, just "we can get those numbers".

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Since July 14th, I have had nothing but issues from RingCentral charging our credit card unauthorized - from disconnecting our business phones for three days without notice; from their support people changing the phone settings everytime you call; here you need another extension. Oh let me change the settings - they were set correctly. Your business number you have had for years and not used - they assign their own phone number to each desktop phone.

The sales person lied about the services; the settings are very complicated and if you change one area another area is affected. Your phones ring then they don't ring - intercom - they all ring at the same time; greetings - wow what is that??? Voice message option - maybe you get it maybe you don't. Lets talk about faxing - what a nightmare - we were getting complaints from our clients about not being able to send. We got calls from our clients asking if we were still in business. It is now November 7 and our phones are still not working properly. You submit a case to get support help. I have 18 of them and they close them out or say its a duplicate; yes it may be a duplicate because they never resolved the issue.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Great customer service and very helpful when we run into any issues with the new system. We will be putting in a call ticket today to help with reprogramming a phone. And everyone we speak to is always very helpful in getting the task at hand taken care of. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Beware automatic charges. I created this account to receive a couple faxes. I canceled the membership after and thought everything was all done. Six months later I found it had been charging me every month. I called and they told me they had no record of me canceling my account and refused to refund me the six months of charges I should not have had to pay.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I have been a customer of RingCentral for 4 years and at one time my business had 6 lines and when I called to downgrade my plan, they told me that I was in contract until June 2017. Well it's October 2017 and I called to downgrade, and they told me that per my signed agreement that my contact was auto renewed in June 2017 for another 2 years. I am now stuck in a contract with RingCentral until June 2019. The only thing I can do to get out of the contract is to pay them $3000.00. This is FRAUD!!! Total SCAM!! Beware of RINGCENTRAL!!!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I would never use Ring Central again and would most definitely never recommend the service for personal use. I got a free trial from Ring Central for personal use just shortly after moving across the country, because I needed to send one single fax and thought it would be easier than buying a printer/fax right away. I was very wrong, as the service did not work for me at ALL! The fax only sent my cover letter, not the attached fax (without notifying me, of course). It only allowed for one attachment per fax, and had a cap on how many faxes could be sent in a day! I ended up driving 30 minutes to a Staples and paying to fax my documents, because that ended up being easier. I tried to cancel online before my trial was up and found the information tucked away in an innocuous place on their website after much searching, like they didn't want customers to easily find how to cancel.

You cannot cancel online, only over the phone, and only during business hours. So I called, and I got the most unpleasant man. Now listen - I've worked customer service, so I don't expect cheery over the top enthusiasm every day. Sometimes, you just have a bad day, and I'm not going to fault anyone for that. But this guy... when I said I wanted to cancel, he started asking me way too many questions, to the point where it was obviously putting me off and making me uncomfortable. (I get this was probably because the company tells them to try to keep customers on, but...) Why was I canceling? Had I used it?

Well was I ever going to use it again? I wasn't going to EVER use it again? Well why would I sign up in the first place? etc. When I finally convinced him I just wanted to cancel, he said he'd send an email, and... he hung up. Just hung up! No "goodbye" or "have a nice day" or anything at all, just hung up on me. Now maybe the call center wasn't directly Ring Central, or maybe it was. But the bad customer service was the cherry on top. TLDR; the service didn't even work for me, and the customer service was rude. Would not use again or recommend!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I applied for RingCentral and the salesperson basically lied to me about their capabilities for routing multiple calls from one phone #. He had already charged my credit card $790. Within 24 hours of the charge. I called them to cancel my account, since they were not able to provide the service I needed for my business phone. They said they had refunded the money the same day, and it may take up to 5 business days to process the credit. That was September 22, 2017. I got my credit card bill statement today (for charges for 9/17 to 10/16 period), and there is no credit. I called their billing department and they obviously couldn't find my account, because it was open for all of 24 hours!! Finally when they found it, they verified that the account was closed on 9/23/17 and again assured me that the refund was processed, and "you WILL see your refund soon".

Do NOT use this company. First, the salespeople will tell you what you want to hear even if they are not able to provide the service you are requesting! They will immediately charge your credit card for the full amount. Refunds will not be given, maybe in the hopes that a business will not notice that refund was not given. When you call, they claim that they cannot find the account, since it was closed. It took me 75 minutes on hold to get someone who could look into it and "refund" my money. I will take this up with my credit card company, as I DON'T TRUST RingCentral to refund my money.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

The thing that I like most about RingCentral is ease of use. Initially when we purchased RingCentral it was a little difficult to set up, but with the assistance of the support team we got through it. After that it was easy dealing with issues as they came up.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

Support staff has always been helpful. Pricing is OK. Many desk phone devices are supported. The forum is very helpful as well. I found the chat support feature really excellent, because it appears that all support staff is well educated on the platform. Keep up the good work.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

The service is excellent, never offline and tech support has always been very helpful. The RingCentral for Windows is a great way of managing your calls and allows you to call directly from the app. Many features at a very reasonable cost. The personal rep calls often to see if everything is going well. I love this company.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

After over four years with RingCentral, I feel taken advantage of as to how the annual renewal works. I had no idea when I changed providers that I would get hit with a steep cancellation fee. The contract I signed in April 2013 had an auto-renewal clause in it that renewed annually. However, I was not provided with any type of notice about the renewal, not even a reminder email before or afterwards. I resent feeling taken advantage of and for that reason, I would not recommend to anyone to deal with RingCentral as there are better options available with companies that provide better service at similar rates that won't take one final piece of you should you change providers. Also, their off shore support sucks - poor communication takes repeated attempts to get anything done and is frustrating.

Insufficient response received
    Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I've called a couple of times regarding one issue. Was put on hold forever and passed around to different departments. "Oh, your account works with this." To the next, "No, your account doesn't work with this and you'll need to upgrade." No one knows anything there. You try and call sales to get answers or simple quotes and Brandon ends up telling you that you can't call in for questions or quotes. He has mouths to feed and doesn't have time to give me free consultation. Excuse me for calling to find out how much something costs, have my questions answered, and any other concerns prior to purchasing.

Brandon was incredibly condescending and doesn't understand how sales works. Some people prefer calling and speaking to a person and doing sales that way. The old fashion way. He just lost a huge commission as I will not be doing business with him after this last phone call. Worst tech, customer service, and sales I've experienced. Go elsewhere.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

When we signed up for this system a few years ago, the reviews weren't very good but showed improvement. Since then, yes there have been some problems, things have been great. We didn't have any of the issues that were in the reviews with customer service. That has been great. Whenever we did have some issues with the system, the tech support has been able to help almost every time. I think there was one time that I figured it out but that was while we were following the troubleshooting instructions from tech support. So, this is a great system and we rarely ever have any issues. Most of the ones we did have were due to learning this system. Which most of these things have been corrected with their updates to the function and appearance of Ring Central.

Insufficient response received
    Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

We needed a low cost phone system for a new company and decided to go with RingCentral for both offices as it was recommended by the corporate office for our company. We picked them for both new offices because the features matched what we needed and the cost was manageable. This quickly became a huge mistake. Anyone you talk to outside of the initial sales rep is completely incompetent and useless. Everyone you speak to doesn't understand or speak basic English. They don't understand you, and you cannot understand them. You will be on hold for a minimum of half an hour, then transferred to several different department because no one understands what you are asking.

The service itself is complete garbage. The $120.00 phones they give you are trash. We had the highest tier internet from Comcast business and calls were constantly dropped. Voicemails never came through. The call forwarding never worked correctly. Phones constantly stopped working. Nothing is ever their fault. They either try to blame the user or a problem with your internet provider. The most frustrating part in all of this is the incompetence of the "tech support." I was completely blown away every time I had to talk to them. It was shockingly bad.

We finally had had enough and canceled. Have fun with that process. I swear RingCentral must have a thousand different department and no one knows which department does what because they will transfer you around multiple times, you'll be on hold for half an hour each time, only to have to explain what you are trying to do every time.

I'm usually very patient with customer service, I know their jobs are stressful, but it was easily the most infuriating experience I have ever had. Then when you finally get it canceled and receive the email confirmation that your account has been canceled, they will still charge your card every month, then try to tell you that your account wasn't canceled. Meanwhile I have the confirmations on file. Then they tried telling me that I was basically lying and if I remembered the person's name that I spoke with. You talk to so many different people there's no way I would. And I shouldn't have to being that I have the confirmations.

And the fax system is garbage. Just go with MyFax or any other system. The RingCentral system never works. The auto attendant never worked correctly. Most important, and I already mentioned this, was that the call forwarding never worked correctly. It would either not ring, or say the number was no longer in service. We needed it to ring to a supervisor's cell phone. Never happened, ever. The few times it would, the quality was so bad you ended up just giving out your personal cell number. The RingCentral App: COMPLETE GARBAGE. The call quality was so horrendous it was unbelievable. This was for both offices that we had RingCentral for. It wasn't like it was just an isolated incident. I never write reviews or complaints, but people need to know to avoid this company like the plague. Oh, and I specifically said at the time of sign-up that I only wanted month to month, magically I was in a yearly contract according to them.

RingCentral expert review by Ellen Muraskin

RingCentral has over a decade of experience in the VoIP industry and has served more than 300,000 customers.​

• All-inclusive phone system: Their all-inclusive system includes conferencing, mobile app, user-friendly interface for adds, changes and multimedia communication.

• Accent on collaboration: RingCentral embraces the less-email trend with an app/interface, called Glip, which integrates task and calendar management, instant messaging and file sharing à la Slack.

• Accent on integration: Built as an open platform from the ground up, RingCentral's industry-standard APIs and SDK let your developers easily integrate your communications into key business processes and applications. Out-of-the-box integrations include Outlook, Salesforce.com, Box, ZenDesk, Google and Oracle.

• Reasonable rates: Plans start as low as $24.99 per month per user.

• Offers toll free to customers: Using RingCentral services, businesses can quickly and easily set up toll-free numbers for customer use.

• Best for: Small businesses and large corporations.

Profile picture of Ellen Muraskin
    Ellen Muraskin

VoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

RingCentral Company Information