3.00/5
  • 1 star
Based on 9 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution
Need fire and water damage restoration?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Rainbow International

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: July 18, 2017

9 Rainbow International Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: July 18, 2017

This company is a scam. They won't even tell you ahead of time how much they charge so they can take full advantage of your insurance company and leave you in the dark while they do a poor job of cleaning. My basement flooring and stairs will have to be scrubbed and cleaned all over again thoroughly so it is cleaned properly. The "antimicrobial" cleaner they used in a spray bottle did not do a thorough job of actually cleaning linoleum flooring, cement floor and wood painted stairway after a sewage backup. After having them come back a second time they (cleaning crew person) said it would still show dirt & debris (brown) on a white paper towel no matter how many times they cleaned it. He said it was my floor's fault (the linoleum), not their cleaning product or procedure.

When the owner called me I told him that the floor was still dirty and they left other things and areas uncleaned. He said he would send them back out at no charge, then charged an additional $170 for them to wipe off the stairs with a towel and their spray cleaner. It is obviously still dirty and requires scrubbing and that was not what they were going to do. They came armed with nothing more than a spray bottle and towels. I gave up on the second visit and although I signed paperwork saying they were there and I was satisfied, I only did so because they required me to before they would leave. I knew then that it required a more thorough cleaning and I was going to have to do it again either myself or hire someone else.

The owner was very rude on the phone both times I spoke to him. First he tried to say the crew was at my home 2 more hours than they actually were. Then I reminded him that he said there would be no added charges for them to come out again and he denied ever saying that. After telling him the floor and stairs are still dirty, he threatened to take me to court if I did not pay right away, saying that the insurance company already approved the bill.

Original review: July 5, 2017

They came to my house and did a terrible job. The window actually looked worse than when they started. Ring around the toilets even after I showed them they were dirty. I had to actually show them how to clean off the ring. They had no cleaners on their truck. If I would not have check before they left, the house would have looked worse than when they started. They must have cleaned with dirty water?? If there was a rating of 1/2 star I would have gave them that and I am being nice. They're the worst.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: May 26, 2017

This Rainbow International franchisee/contractor in Las Vegas is a real con artist. They did over $22,000 of flood mitigation work at our rental property without our/homeowner's knowledge, consent or a contract. They were called in by our former tenant because he doesn't speak any English and this contractor speaks the same language as the tenant. This contractor used that to their advantage to perform work that they should never have done without proper authorization/contact and got away with it because they knew that they can deal directly with our insurance company. We feel totally violated by this unscrupulous contractor!

Original review: June 24, 2016

They were so helpful! They knew just the questions to ask! I was under so much stress and they really took a lot of that burden off my shoulders. Their schedulers were the best! 10/10 would definitely recommend! They were just fantastic! They were able to get to my home fast and get us back to normal even faster! Their inspection process was fast, thorough, and careful enough to not damage the things that survived the fire. I can't recommend them enough. If you only call one place after a fire please call them! Best customer service. Best inspections. Best value. Best everything. I love these people so much that I almost want to set fire to my home again just so that I can work with them again!

Original review: June 21, 2016

Great service in person and by phone. They provided the you would expect. No problems whatsoever. Very nice people. They were very attentive and provided great attention and service. The rescheduling was fine. They arranged the service at a time that worked with us, so we are very satisfied. They had no problems with our schedule. I don't know much about inspection and the whole process, but I know they did a great job. It looked like they know what they were doing. Value based, I think they did a great job. We are very happy with the service. They showed professionalism at all time, so when you take into account the price, I think it was a good deal. Great value.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rainbow International?

Original review: June 20, 2016

Customer service is excellent and very promising. Made me so comfortable to work with and encouraging to take the service in future again. Scheduling experience was excellent and got very clear information and even service was promising and encouraging to take the service again and to recommend others for this. Inspection process was excellent and very helpful.

Original review: June 16, 2016

Better communication would have been a plus. The secretary was very rude and not really helpful. As a result we missed meeting with them several times. It took at least three tries before we finally were able to connect. The technicians were very thorough and very friendly and helpful even after the several failed attempts to connect. Once we finally did though the whole process went pretty smooth and quite pleasant. The value was reasonable and the service above par. As mentioned before the secretary was difficult and not pleasant to deal with but the service technicians more than made up for it.

Original review: June 15, 2016

People were friendly and quick to respond to my needs. Scheduling was fine and then over the phone. Inspection took a few hours and was not that convenient on my schedule but it was fine. Service was pretty expensive but overall it was worth it and I would hire them again to help me.

Original review: June 14, 2016

Very warm, friendly and efficient. They were very good at what they do and also very kind. They made the rough experience I went through that much more comforting. And they were able to save items that had sentimental value to me. Or very respectful of my time. They also got my stuff back to me in a timely manner. This company was well organized and full of friendly faces. The inspection process was great. They were very descriptive and everything that was going to happen - what I needed to do to prepare for it and what they were going to do when they got there. They put me at great ease when I was going to a very rough time. The service was amazing and I know places like this existed nor did I know how valuable places like this were. Again I'd like to say they were so warm, friendly and helpful - it really put me at ease.

Rainbow International expert review by ConsumerAffairs

With 35 years of service in this field, this group of experts has built hundreds of recovery offices in 10 countries. They handle fire, water and mold restoration services.

• Active training: The company stays in practice with technologically advanced training facilities to simulate any disaster.
    • Well-informed resources: Beyond their physical services, they maintain an online resource center for recovery information.
    • Preparatory advantage: Rainbow International provides plans that property owners can put in place for immediate actions to take before, during and after a disaster.
    • Additional protection: Without extra on-site protection, damaged property becomes exposed to further loss from vandals and the elements. They make sure the property remains secure during restoration.
    • Advanced drying meters: The company uses the most advanced equipment to gauge the moisture content of structural materials and determine how to maximize drying efficiency.
    • Best for: Those who want to be especially proactive about protection, businesses and homeowners.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs