Find a Fire and Water Damage Restoration partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Rainbow International Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rainbow International?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rainbow International?

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

I used Rainbow Restoration earlier, and now I'm selling my home I wanted a record of what has been done, I called more than 10 times. Every time they say, "We will get back to you within 24 hours with," and no one did. No one cares after they got their money.

Original review: July 22, 2020

Rainbow International of The Bay Area North. Careful with this company. They were sent by my insurer to perform water abatement on my property. It was my understanding that they were paid for the work performed. I never received an invoice. Four months later I received an email stating I owed them the remainder of the money due to them. Four days later a lien was placed on my house. I haven't even received a dime from the insurance company at this time as they claimed. Again I never received an invoice and none of the estimates I received showed they were due money. They are shady and untrustworthy. Period.

Get buying tips about Fire and Water Damage Restoration delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 18, 2020

A pipe burst in our home and we were not at home when it happened therefore it flooded our whole house. We contacted the insurance company and they contacted Rainbow International. They were there the next day. They removed all the contents of our home and put them in storage, took some pictures, called someone to pick up our clothing (affiliate of Rainbow). My husband and I were very pleased initially. As time went on work slowed down. Yes, I could always contact someone from Rainbow via phone; however, there were several days with no work being done or when it was done, it was insufficient. We understand that Rainbow is who we had contact with hired contractors to work on our home, but as far as we are concerned Rainbow is ultimately responsible.

Three months after the incident, we have moved back into our home and have found that the plumbing under the sink is leaking, my husband is working on it. We had 3 Lavoler blinds apparently put in the trash, the gift card does not cover that expense. We also have several outlets without wall sockets coverings. The transition piece between the kitchen and living room is coming up. The flooring was put down inadequately in the living room leaving a gap, approximately ½ inch with no wood flooring by the entry doorway – concrete is showing. The endcap piece on the kitchen counter is loose. There is a cracked light switch plate in the kitchen. One of the rehung blinds is broken as three wooden blinds were initially throw out and got rained on. After expressing my concerns to the main office, Rainbow sent a gift card and a statement of apology.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

Andrew and Crystal ** were amazing to work with and very hardworking. They worked with me and my schedule to get the job done in a timely fashion. They were both very knowledgeable and friendly to deal with. Any restoration projects needed done that I would hire out would go to them and would recommend them to anyone who needed something done.

Original review: July 22, 2019

We used Rainbow Restoration after we had a septic system failure and our entire basement flooded with septic water. First they tore everything out, then never came back. After multiple times calling and actually going to their office, they came back and half finished removing the septic filled sheetrock. We ended up privately hiring our own contractor, paying to finish the job after they told us they didn't have a contractor available to complete the job due to the fact that the contractor assigned to our job was in drug rehab!!!

They had a company come out and take all our furniture to storage and our piano to a storage place. They also had a company come out and clean our air duct system. I refused to pay Rainbow our insurance money until everything was completed (sans us having to hire our own contractor to comnplete the job.) Months later I get a notice from the air duct system people--Rainbow never paid them. A few months later I get another notice: Rainbow never paid the storage bill. A few weeks after that: another notice that Rainbow didnt pay the piano movers.

I had to go to each of these business, provide a receipts, evidence of check written and an itemized bill that I had paid Rainbow for each of those services. And it was in the agreement with Rainbow that they would use my check to them to pay the services they contracted with. To my knowledge, now 2 yrs later, none of those business got reimbursed. RIDICULOUS and a fraud. All I could do was recommend that those contracted business sue Rainbow and take them to court.

Original review: June 22, 2019

Rainbow International Restoration of Greenville SC packed out our entire house in February of this year. At the time we thought that they did a good job because they did it really fast. Unfortunately, fast doesn’t equal a quality job. One of the first issues that we had was that the manager that was over the pack out up and quit. You would think that any professional company would have someone contact you if your house was still in the middle of being packed when this happened. Nope, not Rainbow!! My husband had to call several times to finally get a hold of some new guy who had no idea who we were. They ended up leaving some of our stuff at the house.

When work started on the house the workers had to move items to our garage including our big screen tv that a painter ended up getting paint on! When it came time to pack back in I told them that the spare bedroom could stay packed and I would unpack that myself. They ended up not unpacking other things that I asked them to. Before even unpacking things we noticed that a floor lamp and small side table were missing. These items were way too big to be in any of the boxes. So we asked about them. They said at first they didn’t have them. A few days later when we asked again they said that they had the table and broke the lamp. So basically if we didn’t keep asking about those items they were just not going to say anything about them. Shortly after that we saw where they had ripped a leg off of a tv stand and then they boxed up the broken leg. We also never found the curtain rod that was in our daughter’s room.

At that point I also noticed that my Fitbit and charger were missing along with other random items and that they had broken our desk that has a hutch and since we moved back in our washing machine wasn’t working right. They sent someone out to “fix” the desk. The guy made it look good but when my husband got home and we tried to move it back in place it started bowing out and one spot that the guy made look better with glue, came back out. They are now trying to say that the desk had previous damage. I told our project manager and the guy that came out to fix it where it did have previous scratches on it and I told them that I’m not even saying anything about that because that was there but we have moved this desk several times and NEVER had it bow out like that. If you look at it, it’s because they messed the back of it up and now it’s not as sturdy as it was before.

They sent a company out to look at the washer. This company came out 4 times… The first time the guy said that it was one of the legs and that it looked like it had been dropped. The second time they came out they couldn’t get the leg off and told me that they didn’t have the right tool for the job. The third time and after multiple attempts to get the leg off and failing to do so they said that it was something internal and decided that it wasn’t worth replacing. If it was replaced it may or may not fix the issue. These fine “professionals” had to come out a fourth time because the guy that came out the third time forgot to plug back in some wires. So now Rainbow is saying that it isn’t their fault that the washer isn’t working right. Sorry but I don’t trust these “professionals” that had to come out 4 times and didn’t really seem to know what was wrong at all.

If the washer was the only problem that we had I might would believe that it was just an age thing of the washer. But they have broken so many other things and lost stuff to where I believe that they dropped the washer and caused it to start having problems. Before they moved it we never had an issue. Throughout this whole thing we have been patient and nice. I started getting upset with them when the pack out manager was ignoring us. When he finally called me back and I asked about the almost $90 they owed us for the floor lamp, broken tv stand and the missing curtain rod he told me that the person to sign the check wasn’t there! I have a hard time believing that someone wasn’t there to sign a check for over 6 weeks! When I asked about all the other broken and missing items he told me to make a paper trail and email him and our project manager a list of items. We did that along with prices of everything. Didn’t hear anything.

That’s when I decided to call corporate. The lady I spoke to told me to email her the list of things. She also told me that she would be back in touch with us about the items. Pretty much everyone that I have spoken to on the matter makes the excuse that the pack out manager is new. So just because he is new it’s okay that we have over $1000 in missing and damaged items?! After not hearing anything for 3 weeks I called corporate again and tried to talk to the same lady. I was told she was out of the office and this other woman took my call. I told her what was going on and asked if the other lady had any notes about the issues going on. She said no and that she knew nothing about it. Later into the conversation she begins to change her story and says that the owner told the managers not to call us back because they are saying that they don’t have our missing items.

I then ask to talk to the owner or someone above her and make sure that she understands that if she is saying that they didn’t lose the items then we need to file a police report because that means they stole them. She puts me on hold and comes back to say that the owner declined to speak to me and that if I want to file a police report about the missing stuff that I could go right ahead! I have NEVER in my life had a manager or owner not talk to me over an issue this big! I also tried to tell her that I had the entire conversation recorded but she hung up on me. My husband did a short review shortly after I got off the phone and of course the owner jumped on there to defend himself. Why couldn’t he just take my call like a professional person and see what he could do to help resolve the issues?! People like this are truly scum of the earth! The only reason people use their service is because something like water or fire damage has happened.

So we not only had to deal with our home being destroyed by a pipe burst but now we are out over $1000 in items that weren’t even damaged by the water! We are planning on filing a police report soon and I will post this review everywhere that I can in hopes that it will save other people from all these issues. I hope that no one ever has the need to use a company like this but if you do, do yourself a huge favor and don’t go with Rainbow International Restoration!

Original review: May 16, 2019

Hot water damage in my kitchen and dining room. The Hartford assigned the job of restoration to Rainbow International of Tacoma. The flooring had to be redone because it was lumpy. The drawer pulls had to be redone as some were on crooked. I had to stop the painting because the young guy doing it did not even know the painting basics and was spattering paint over every inch of the kitchen. The workers could not figure out how to build a box around the vent pipe over the stove so they stuck a board up in front of it. Today I found out from the insurance adjuster that they either forged my signature to the check The Hartford sent them in January or they deposited it without my endorsement or that of the mortgage holder. I think that is called fraud.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I have water damage in my home in one room. Somehow when I arrived home I had 5 rooms floors tore up and my house covered in dust. The insurance company hired them. The people there are rude and blame everything on the subcontractors. My house is still not repaired after 30k in repairs and things are molded and falling apart. They blaming the house structure but my house is in worse shape than when we started. After completion of the work and rude text and calls by subcontractors I felt threatened and just paid them and went on. In the end 18 months later I have tons of damage from faulty work and can't afford to get repaired for the second time.

Original review: April 3, 2019

Liberty Mutual recommended them to me for water removal and the drying out of my home due to burst pipes in Long Lond, PA. Worse mistake ever. First off they don’t provide you with a estimate beforehand so they can take advantage of your insurance, they threw away receipts for items, took appliances and personal property and were very unprofessional when I questioned what they were doing. They worked very slow at best and took their breaks on time. They called other companies to come to my home for work and or services I did not request who were their friends and when I refused to use their services they got upset and walked off the job without notice. If you want to get robbed, and ripped off they are the way to go however, if you want good services I suggest you look elsewhere!!! The vendor is Stroudsburg PA are Horrible!!!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Calling this company was the worse thing I could have done. They lied to me about talking with my adjuster about walls to assure they would do more than drying floors. Overkill. They are now going through RSG company to request more money from me that my insurance did not give. Charged for work and items that were not done such as bring onsite dumpster. Workers stole old coins and tip money from my home. Damaged my heating unit, etc. I address these issues and they never said a word. I have pictures that are horrible resulting in using their services.

Rainbow International author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

With 35 years of service in this field, this group of experts has built hundreds of recovery offices in 10 countries. They handle fire, water and mold restoration services.

• Active training: The company stays in practice with technologically advanced training facilities to simulate any disaster.

• Well-informed resources: Beyond their physical services, they maintain an online resource center for recovery information.

• Preparatory advantage: Rainbow International provides plans that property owners can put in place for immediate actions to take before, during and after a disaster.

• Additional protection: Without extra on-site protection, damaged property becomes exposed to further loss from vandals and the elements. They make sure the property remains secure during restoration.

• Advanced drying meters: The company uses the most advanced equipment to gauge the moisture content of structural materials and determine how to maximize drying efficiency.

Rainbow International Company Information