PuroClean

• 23%
  • 1%
  • 63%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PuroClean?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PuroClean?
    Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed Aug. 28, 2022

PuroClean Company came in early June after water damage, removed section of wall and ceiling in living room and bathroom that was wet, covered holes with plastic and tape. Now it is late August and we have had no contact from them at all. When we spoke to them initially we told them our house is old and has plaster walls and ceiling - not dry wall. They damaged the oak trim around the front door when removing the plaster wall and the surrounding wall and floor trim is damaged. We have gotten another craftsman to complete the repairs.

Reviewed Oct. 4, 2021

My basement flooded in a recent rain storm. I've never been through a disaster like this and didn't know whether to cry or what. They showed up immediately and, in the beginning, were very reassuring. They talked me into letting them take my personal items from my basement that were wet. They said this is protocol. They take my things, that aren't ruined, to their warehouse to dry them all out and then return them to me. In the moment, it made sense, so I let them take everything, including my absolute favorite possession, my 12 ft. Christmas Tree. She explained to me, "oh we have a ton of space, we will take every single piece out of the boxes and dry them out, and then you get them right back". We knew the tree was fine from the flood, but it did need dried out so mold wouldn't set in.

Long story short, they stole it. When I asked for it back, they had no record of it. In fact, they didn't keep any record of the things they removed from my basement. They sent me some pictures they took, but none of the pictures showed my items clearly. There was no itemized list of items, nothing in writing from them at all. They just kept reassuring me "don't worry, we take care of everything". I trusted that and lost my possessions. They didn't return anything to me or even call me to discuss the items they were "drying" out because clearly, that's not their business. It's to steal your items that might be of value and expect you to just get a settlement from your insurance company and walk away. I am so disappointed, more so, in myself, for believing that these people really were trying to help me Just want to put this out there though, so it doesn't happen to anybody else. I'm sure my items of value were sold for profit and that is disgusting!

Reviewed April 24, 2021

Puroclean did work for my mother. The bill had $438 in materials on it that my mom actually provided herself. We called the attorney general, puroclean never responded to them. Mom is still owed $938.

Reviewed Feb. 3, 2021

The owner, Chris Tucker, came to our home to inspect damage after a fire in our shop that broke windows in our home and caused some smoke damage inside our home. He left an purifying machine that day and sent two crew members back a few days later to clean our home for the smoke damages causing my son’s asthma to flare up. They came back with feather-like dusters and dusted the walls and ceilings, but missed many areas and let the soot/ashes fall wherever they may (on bedding, shelves, flooring, etc) and did not bother to even vacuum, sweep or dust mop any of this up. They also did not clean any other surface in our home.

When we returned home the next day (after having been in a hotel for a week to avoid the asthma inducing smoke and odors) I saw the smoke residue etc left everywhere and began cleaning furiously. I cleaned for 4 days (a total of 23 hours) just on the lower portion of our home that was affected the most. When this was done I contacted insurance and Chris again. Chris agreed the job was done poorly and agreed to pay another company to come clean behind what I had already done. My insurance agent advised that I send him an invoice for my hours instead.

A few days after I spoke with him about this he sent his crew back out to collect the air purifiers odor machines. They offered to clean anything I hadn’t gotten yet and since I didn’t have the proper cleaner to clean our new 2month old leather couches I asked them to wipe those down while I stepped out of the room. A couple of days later I went to vacuum under those couch cushions and found that the zipper had been damaged.

I reached out to Chris once more, offering him the chance to make this right as well. Instead he insisted that his employees were “honest and complete” and accused me of being dishonest. I let him know I would be leaving a detailed and accurate review of the “services” they provided and his response was that he “would have a specific answer for me if I so choose.” I will let the story speak for itself. I would not recommend PuroClean and am happy to provide pictures of the cleaning rags I used after they had “cleaned” as well as the damaged cushion. Email me at **

CoveragePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Sept. 20, 2020

These guys came in and got my apt. dried out fast and had enough equipment to do the job to cover many apartments and kept checking on things and were very nice and polite. Can not give them enough. Atta boys.

Reviewed Dec. 18, 2019

Unprofessional, destructive, very bad company. I had a house fire in September 2018. Dave the owner of PuroClean Festus division was one of the first ones on site. Talking to him I thought that he would do a good job. We did the walk-through with All State Brent the adjuster. Altogether I was informed that I could keep anything at all that I wanted from my house even if the insurance company declared it totaled.

Two years prior I spent $8000 on a brand new Trane air handler furnace and heat pump. The best I could buy. All State was not going to chance the furnace thinking smoke damage but I knew the furnace was off when the fire occurred so I told Dave from the second day we ever met that that furnace does not leave this property. He told me that he would pack it in my shed along with anything else that I wanted to keep. They kept everything here on my property except my two-year-old Trane furnace which I paid a little over $4000 just for that.

His men pulled A generator out my front door and instead of picking it up and setting it on the ground they pulled it straight off and broke the corner of my concrete porch. I took pictures of all of it. His men were the only people here all day. I came by in the evenings after work and took pictures. I notified him about it. The first thing he says where is his men said they didn’t do it although I had pictures of their generator sitting there in the corner of my concrete broke off laying right beside it. This is all when my furnace came missing.

Dave‘s response to me was, "The insurance paid you for it so it doesn’t matter." This was my property. Dave had no business deciding what will and will not happen on my property with my furnace or any of my belongings. It is over a year and three months later. Dave told me he would fix the sidewalk or porch. I asked him how he was going to do that. He said he was going to glue the corner on. You do not glue the corner of the concrete porch on.

I had to have three rafters replaced in my roof. Dave was going to rent a crane to put three rafters up there. Three guys passed it up, laid it out, set it in place and nailed it together. Dave was going to rent a crane. I knew then he had no idea what he was doing. I fired him. The insurance company paid him $43,000. Never asked if I was satisfied with their work. Never asked if the job was complete. Did not send anybody out to Luck Dave is in bed with All State and I believe there’s more going on than we know of.

Over a year and going on five months now later. Dave will not answer my phone calls. I have tried repeatedly and I record every time I call so he can’t say I didn’t call. He has all my bedroom and living room furniture which was supposed to be cleaned and stored for up to a year and All State pays for it. I call Dave about a month shy of a year and he says I owe him $1700. I told him to send me an itemized bill. He still has not done that. I have called and called and called. He will not answer my calls. He stole my furnace. Whether the insurance paid for that furnace or not was none of his business, if that was 4000 I did not have to spend that I could’ve used on some other part of the house.

Dave of PuroClean has been nothing short of a ruthless scoundrel that preys upon people in a devastating situation and takes advantage of us. I will update this review later for I can see I will have to get lawyers involved. He still has my belongings. He owes me for a furnace and use me for repairs on my concrete porch. I will update when things change.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Oct. 30, 2019

Chris Empey and his staff were outstanding. We were on vacation overseas when we heard about a water leak that had traveled from the roof to the main floor to the basement. Family came to the house and after a short time told us not to worry... "These guys know what there doing". They stayed until 2-AM that morning to make sure the problems were stabilized. The drying process took a week and Chris was there every day overseeing the work. When we returned home a week later, the house was clean the cleanup was in order and Chris explained what he had done.. was doing and what to expect. He continually reassured us that he had our back... and he did. He and his crew were trustworthy and professional. They went above and beyond our expectation to help us through a difficult situation. I highly recommend PuroClean, Chris and his crew for any disaster relief.

Customer Service

Reviewed Aug. 26, 2019

I had some water damage in my home and insurance hired PuroClean to remove furniture and handle cleanup. They broke a couch and a kitchen table in the process. They also left a fridge unplugged and all the food went bad. Tried for weeks to get someone to respond to me about them only to be ignored. Finally when someone did contact me they tried saying that they have been trying to reach me. I don't believe this to be the case. I wouldn't recommend to anyone and will never be using them again.

Staff

Reviewed July 19, 2019

We had a broken air conditioning pipe that caused the ceiling to collapse and the walls to fill with water. Frank, Mike, and Bill are very professional. They worked very responsibly and efficiently to resolve all the problems.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed July 12, 2019

We recently had a flood in our home starting in our kitchen and flowing down to 7 areas in our basement. PuroClean was contacted and started the clean-up service immediately. Amanda **, our project manager, was very professional in her quickness to assess the situation and have her staff of Paige, Moe, and Chris start the clean-up. This clean-up crew was equally professional, hardworking and courteous in what they did moving out all the material, equipment and furniture to start the drying and clean-up.

They went beyond the call of duty and made us feel comfortable in what they were doing and treated everything with such respect. We cannot thank this wonderful group of people enough who eased our minds and quickly had 16 dryers/blowers and 3 dehumidifiers in to fix this disaster. We were very pleased to find out after the drying was completed that we only had to have 3 walls fixed, baseboards in one room replaced and only one under padding replaced. Thank you, Amanda, Paige, Moe, and Chris for all your work and care in our home. It was very much appreciated.

PriceStaff

Reviewed Aug. 31, 2018

Do not use PuroClean at all!!!! Instead try someone like ServiceMaster or Servpro. PuroClean came out after my basement flooded. I asked daily for an estimate or cost, wasn't provided anything until the work was completed. I then discovered they had overcharged me by charging for equipment that was never used and I was charged a higher rate for after-hour hours when it was their employees who had asked if they could come at a later time. I brought up these concerns with PuroClean and they removed the listing of the equipment, but did not remove the charges and they then adjusted other rates. It has been a nightmare trying to resolve this billing issue. Stay away unless you like being overcharged!

Staff

Reviewed July 10, 2018

I had water damage in my basement due to a hole in my sump pump pipe. Mr. Francis ** of the Fairfield, Ct. PuroClean came out within the hour of my contacting him. He was very knowledgeable about the problem and mold and answered all of my questions. He was extremely professional, thorough, and personable. I would definitely recommend him.

Reviewed June 13, 2018

I just submitted a review of PuroClean. However, upon further reflection, I realized I had omitted detailing some pertinent information that I think would be helpful and important to fellow consumers. In my difficult search for a company on which I could rely for critical knowledge of massive mold damage, dependability, quality, and price effectiveness, PuroClean was recommended "without reservations" to me. I am so very grateful. Mr. Chris Nowak, president of PuroClean in my area of North Carolina, operated his business in a clear-cut manner - always willing to answer thoroughly any concerns and/or questions I had... I have compromised health, so its consideration regarding mold remediation was a critical factor.

In addition, he was available in a most reliable and timely way to keep me informed as to what and how the process was proceeding. He was cooperative with all others involved: insurance company, duct cleaning, lab reports and inspections. His team was equally responsible: impressively prompt and treating with care my belongings and house... quality work performance. I do highly and unhesitatingly recommend PuroClean. Its efficiency did not disappoint me at any time.

Verified purchase
    Installation & SetupCoverageStaff

Reviewed Jan. 20, 2017

I hired PuroClean Colorado Springs in May 2016 to inventory and photograph each item of my collection of antiques, antique furniture and other vintage items that were water damaged in a water leak in my double car garage that occurred one year earlier in May 2015. The water on the garage floor was cleaned in May 2015, and there was no further clean up needed thereafter as I had a new roof installed at that time. I put off dealing with the personal property claim due to health issues for a year, knowing I had another year to file my claim. PuroClean's employee Travis ** took photographs and made a physical inventory, before destroying enough personal property to fill a 40 ft. roll off. They did no other cleaning other than sweeping out the garage, but billed thousands of dollars amounting to $22,444, pretending as if they did a huge water clean up.

After it was done, I begged Matt ** for the inventory and photographs. He sent me very few, and promised to send more. I still have not received the complete inventory and photos. Finally he admitted to me that Travis ** was fired for stealing and that he probably discarded my photos and inventory. Matt ** showed up at my door on July 12, 2016, and stated that he was "sorry we screwed up your job, but you owe us $22,444 and if you don't pay me right now, I am going to take your house from you and I love your house," leaving a Mechanic's Lien on my bench. He did in fact file a Mechanic's Lien for that amount on my property, and has now filed a lawsuit against me for this amount, asking the judge to foreclose on my property.

I cannot file my claim with State Farm due to their ineptitude. It is not my fault that he failed to hire competent employees. This is not to mention his employees appeared to be "stoned" on marijuana the 4 days they were there. Matt ** double/triple billed for employee time, billed for cleaning that was never done, billed for plastic over $1,000 to "cover my personal property" that was never used, and much, much more. PLEASE BE CAUTIOUS OF THIS COMPANY. I am a senior citizen and feel they are trying to BLACKMAIL me or lose my property.

Reviewed July 7, 2016

I was very impressed by customer service, they were compassionate and prompt in setting up service based on my needs during a chaotic and messy time. They were very prompt in scheduling my service appointment, the company sent out a team in less than twenty four hours. I was pleased by the quick attention. The inspection happened right away, less than 24 hours. They came in and assessed the damage and went through a step by step evaluation with me so I knew exactly what was happening. For the impressive service, and timely job well done, I definitely feel the value is worth every penny. Although it is not cheap, it was worth every penny.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed July 5, 2016

Customer service was more than happy to help, and very good at answering my questions and concerns as well as any issues I could be having in the process. Scheduling was no hassle, with no hard work involved such as scheduling a telephone company to come by. They were accurate and on time. The inspection was very concise and thorough as well as accurate. The service was well done, overall meeting all my needs and overachieving on my expectations. I would recommend to others requiring this service.

Reviewed July 4, 2016

The customer service was exceptional. They answered all my questions. They were patient with me in every way. Didn't get frustrated with my questions or if I got confused. They came at the time range they said they were coming. Being on time is very important. It was really a pleasant great experience. I scheduled my day around them and was able to do what I had to do. The inspection process was great. They took their time in every aspect of the inspection. The inspector also took the time to explain everything he was doing and why it was necessary. Overall I was happy with the service. Of course we hit some snags but it wasn't anything we couldn't discuss and make better. I would definitely do business with them again.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaffProcess

Reviewed July 3, 2016

Everyone was very helpful and did everything they could to answer my questions and make sure I am happy. I dealt with only one person the whole time and she addressed me by name and it felt like we personally knew each other and she really wanted to help. It was fairly simple. They worked around my schedule and made sure it was the perfect day for me so yeah I loved it. It was faster than I expected. They took their shoes off like I requested and were very clean and professional. They answered all of my questions and were very helpful the whole process. There were a total of 2 men and both of them were amazing. So the overall service was amazing so I am 100 percent satisfied. I recommended every single person I've dealt with and made reviews about them online saying positive things of course. And they even called to check up on how things were going on for me.

Reviewed July 1, 2016

The customer service was great, they were all very kind and happy to help us. The scheduling experience was good, they arrived very fast. They finished the job and finished it effectively and also very quick. Last the scheduling was very good and was pleased. When they arrived they asked where the damage occurred. I told them quickly and they quickly got to work. We were all very happy after. The value of the service was very good. The price was just right and we had no problems with it. The workers had very high quality tools.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaffProcess

Reviewed June 26, 2016

I was pleased through the entire process from the beginning to the end. The guys came in and did one heck of a job. They paid very close attention to detail and did things right. Scheduling was very simple. I made a call and they showed up on time. They called in advance to let me know that they were en route to my residence. I think that is a great feature. The inspection process was simple. I checked everything out when they were done to make sure it was completed to my satisfaction. The supervisor asked that I check everything out to give their work my thumbs up. The value for the service was great. My homeowners insurance paid for it so that was a great benefit. They can work magic. These guys are awesome.

PricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed June 25, 2016

The basement of my house had a leak where water got in. The were able repair the damage and it cost me less than I expected. They were able to work around my schedule so that I didn't have to be present while the repairs were happening, which I found to be extremely convenient. My water problem wasn't extensive, so it went pretty quick and it didn't take long for repairs to begin fairly soon thereafter. My problem was solved without much hassle or cost. It was as good as I'd hoped.

Customer ServicePriceStaffProcess

Reviewed June 24, 2016

When I made the call to the company and requested various quotes the timeliness and courtesy of the employee was awesome. In this world now it is cry, seldom you find good customer service. Most people just sit at their job and wait for the paycheck. This was not the case here. When I inquire about the possible times that I could schedule my appointment for this service, my choices were unlimited. They must have a lot of employees working long hours. The professionalism of the crew was awesome, very detailed and almost anal, and stones went unturned. The process took a tremendous amount of time which I appreciated. The value of the service was awesome compared to the other various quotes that I searched online. The other companies appeared to be very skimpy.

PricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed June 21, 2016

Very professional reps and are very kind and understanding to the customers needs. Able to get them to my property within a day and the employees were helpful to my situation. They worked quickly and made sure I was satisfied before leaving my property. They inspected my damage very thoroughly and explained each step to be taken with great detail, and were very professional and patient and answered every question to my satisfaction before any work began. Very affordable and was the best price wise compared to other companies. They were close to my home and they were very easy to work with. I would for sure recommend them to anyone who would be in need of their service.

Installation & SetupPricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed June 20, 2016

They are very accommodating and experienced in their work. They attend to customers well. They are effective and knows their job well. They are nice and loving to see that the needs of people are met. They follow the appointment. They come at the right time. They are efficient in their work. They know my house. They called to see that I am in the house, before they come to the house. The work they do is very genuine. The work is quality and are expert in their work. The inspection they do is very unique. Their assessment of the inspection is well experienced. The value was good. It was perfect and of good value. It was not expensive but the reliable price. The price was understandable. It was not expensive. It was affordable and of a good value.

PriceStaffReliability

Reviewed June 16, 2016

I really like this service. This company was very good. They did a very good job and were very thorough and reliable and I will use them again. I had a fairly large job that needed work and they knew what to do and I also felt very comfortable with them. I needed to get work done right away and I scheduled for them to come out here and was able to have them here within 2 days of me calling which I thought was outstanding as I had less to worry about. They did a great job. They looked at the area I needed the work. They kept a complete file. They didn't skip any area. They inspected the area with me feeling very pleased as they were honest. Great value. I was given an estimated of around $500 which I knew was expensive, but they did such a great job AND THEN ONLY CHARGED ME $300 because at that time I was a new customer and I was given a price break plus I had given them another referral so they had more work.

Reviewed June 15, 2016

They called back right away, made appt next day. Had several workers help clean up all water and dry the insides of walls after they had to open up. Very nice too. Called back, sign 20 mn and that was late yet came in am. They went into walls to see damage. Also found that the pipe that burst was damage deeper in too so replaced entire thing. Was good but still very, very expensive. Cost over 10k to clean and then dry then fix pipe and put up drywall, tap, walls, prime and paint.

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & SpeedOnline & AppStaffEase of Use

Reviewed June 14, 2016

The service was great and I was left thoroughly satisfied. They made sure that the job was done right and on time. They made sure to answer any questions that I had. Their website was easy to use and when I called customer service they were able to set me up with an appointment that met my needs. They were kind and courteous. The inspector arrived at my home at the scheduled time. He was very professional and nice. He had answers to all the questions that I had and he took the time to explain what he was doing and want he was looking for. The value was so great. I looked at other competitors but this company had the best bang for my buck. Plus, I was very satisfied with their work and their employees. I would definitely use this service again if needed.

PuroClean Company Information