3.7/5 (37 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

PuroClean Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PuroClean?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about PuroClean?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2022

** First the address on Google is not correct. The address will take you to a shopping center. Correct address is above my review. With that said, on to our experience. Be very careful when finalizing your services with Puroclean. Visit your property while they are working. Our air ducts have holes in them due to how their negligent mitigation team left them dangling everywhere. Now they have to be replaced. An expense we didn't factor for. They broke a window and did not even have the decency to mention it to us along with our granite countertops, again no one mentioned this to us. Pieces of some of our wood is broken, you know the structure of the inside of our walls, apparently no big deal to them, either.

We were led to believe they were negotiating with our insurance company about our home during the mitigation process, come to find, they were not. Which in turn left us with a wait for it, $81k invoice. That's $81,000. They settled on a much lower number. Upon further investigation to this said invoice, we discovered that their team wrote charges in there that they did not even remove. We have a few pocket doors in our home and they wrote that in the invoice as if they removed them. They did not have correct measurements of our floor molding among other incorrect measurements and wrote that at a significantly higher removal charge, also. Nails were left in MANY walls and insulation was all over our toilets and bathtubs.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2022

PuroClean Company came in early June after water damage, removed section of wall and ceiling in living room and bathroom that was wet, covered holes with plastic and tape. Now it is late August and we have had no contact from them at all. When we spoke to them initially we told them our house is old and has plaster walls and ceiling - not dry wall. They damaged the oak trim around the front door when removing the plaster wall and the surrounding wall and floor trim is damaged. We have gotten another craftsman to complete the repairs.

Get buying tips about Fire and Water Damage Restoration delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

My basement flooded in a recent rain storm. I've never been through a disaster like this and didn't know whether to cry or what. They showed up immediately and, in the beginning, were very reassuring. They talked me into letting them take my personal items from my basement that were wet. They said this is protocol. They take my things, that aren't ruined, to their warehouse to dry them all out and then return them to me. In the moment, it made sense, so I let them take everything, including my absolute favorite possession, my 12 ft. Christmas Tree. She explained to me, "oh we have a ton of space, we will take every single piece out of the boxes and dry them out, and then you get them right back". We knew the tree was fine from the flood, but it did need dried out so mold wouldn't set in.

Long story short, they stole it. When I asked for it back, they had no record of it. In fact, they didn't keep any record of the things they removed from my basement. They sent me some pictures they took, but none of the pictures showed my items clearly. There was no itemized list of items, nothing in writing from them at all. They just kept reassuring me "don't worry, we take care of everything". I trusted that and lost my possessions. They didn't return anything to me or even call me to discuss the items they were "drying" out because clearly, that's not their business. It's to steal your items that might be of value and expect you to just get a settlement from your insurance company and walk away. I am so disappointed, more so, in myself, for believing that these people really were trying to help me Just want to put this out there though, so it doesn't happen to anybody else. I'm sure my items of value were sold for profit and that is disgusting!

Original review: April 24, 2021

Puroclean did work for my mother. The bill had $438 in materials on it that my mom actually provided herself. We called the attorney general, puroclean never responded to them. Mom is still owed $938.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

The owner, Chris Tucker, came to our home to inspect damage after a fire in our shop that broke windows in our home and caused some smoke damage inside our home. He left an purifying machine that day and sent two crew members back a few days later to clean our home for the smoke damages causing my son’s asthma to flare up. They came back with feather-like dusters and dusted the walls and ceilings, but missed many areas and let the soot/ashes fall wherever they may (on bedding, shelves, flooring, etc) and did not bother to even vacuum, sweep or dust mop any of this up. They also did not clean any other surface in our home.

When we returned home the next day (after having been in a hotel for a week to avoid the asthma inducing smoke and odors) I saw the smoke residue etc left everywhere and began cleaning furiously. I cleaned for 4 days (a total of 23 hours) just on the lower portion of our home that was affected the most. When this was done I contacted insurance and Chris again. Chris agreed the job was done poorly and agreed to pay another company to come clean behind what I had already done. My insurance agent advised that I send him an invoice for my hours instead.

A few days after I spoke with him about this he sent his crew back out to collect the air purifiers odor machines. They offered to clean anything I hadn’t gotten yet and since I didn’t have the proper cleaner to clean our new 2month old leather couches I asked them to wipe those down while I stepped out of the room. A couple of days later I went to vacuum under those couch cushions and found that the zipper had been damaged.

I reached out to Chris once more, offering him the chance to make this right as well. Instead he insisted that his employees were “honest and complete” and accused me of being dishonest. I let him know I would be leaving a detailed and accurate review of the “services” they provided and his response was that he “would have a specific answer for me if I so choose.” I will let the story speak for itself. I would not recommend PuroClean and am happy to provide pictures of the cleaning rags I used after they had “cleaned” as well as the damaged cushion. Email me at **

Original review: Sept. 20, 2020

These guys came in and got my apt. dried out fast and had enough equipment to do the job to cover many apartments and kept checking on things and were very nice and polite. Can not give them enough. Atta boys.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

Unprofessional, destructive, very bad company. I had a house fire in September 2018. Dave the owner of PuroClean Festus division was one of the first ones on site. Talking to him I thought that he would do a good job. We did the walk-through with All State Brent the adjuster. Altogether I was informed that I could keep anything at all that I wanted from my house even if the insurance company declared it totaled.

Two years prior I spent $8000 on a brand new Trane air handler furnace and heat pump. The best I could buy. All State was not going to chance the furnace thinking smoke damage but I knew the furnace was off when the fire occurred so I told Dave from the second day we ever met that that furnace does not leave this property. He told me that he would pack it in my shed along with anything else that I wanted to keep. They kept everything here on my property except my two-year-old Trane furnace which I paid a little over $4000 just for that.

His men pulled A generator out my front door and instead of picking it up and setting it on the ground they pulled it straight off and broke the corner of my concrete porch. I took pictures of all of it. His men were the only people here all day. I came by in the evenings after work and took pictures. I notified him about it. The first thing he says where is his men said they didn’t do it although I had pictures of their generator sitting there in the corner of my concrete broke off laying right beside it. This is all when my furnace came missing.

Dave‘s response to me was, "The insurance paid you for it so it doesn’t matter." This was my property. Dave had no business deciding what will and will not happen on my property with my furnace or any of my belongings. It is over a year and three months later. Dave told me he would fix the sidewalk or porch. I asked him how he was going to do that. He said he was going to glue the corner on. You do not glue the corner of the concrete porch on.

I had to have three rafters replaced in my roof. Dave was going to rent a crane to put three rafters up there. Three guys passed it up, laid it out, set it in place and nailed it together. Dave was going to rent a crane. I knew then he had no idea what he was doing. I fired him. The insurance company paid him $43,000. Never asked if I was satisfied with their work. Never asked if the job was complete. Did not send anybody out to Luck Dave is in bed with All State and I believe there’s more going on than we know of.

Over a year and going on five months now later. Dave will not answer my phone calls. I have tried repeatedly and I record every time I call so he can’t say I didn’t call. He has all my bedroom and living room furniture which was supposed to be cleaned and stored for up to a year and All State pays for it. I call Dave about a month shy of a year and he says I owe him $1700. I told him to send me an itemized bill. He still has not done that. I have called and called and called. He will not answer my calls. He stole my furnace. Whether the insurance paid for that furnace or not was none of his business, if that was 4000 I did not have to spend that I could’ve used on some other part of the house.

Dave of PuroClean has been nothing short of a ruthless scoundrel that preys upon people in a devastating situation and takes advantage of us. I will update this review later for I can see I will have to get lawyers involved. He still has my belongings. He owes me for a furnace and use me for repairs on my concrete porch. I will update when things change.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

Chris Empey and his staff were outstanding. We were on vacation overseas when we heard about a water leak that had traveled from the roof to the main floor to the basement. Family came to the house and after a short time told us not to worry... "These guys know what there doing". They stayed until 2-AM that morning to make sure the problems were stabilized. The drying process took a week and Chris was there every day overseeing the work. When we returned home a week later, the house was clean the cleanup was in order and Chris explained what he had done.. was doing and what to expect. He continually reassured us that he had our back... and he did. He and his crew were trustworthy and professional. They went above and beyond our expectation to help us through a difficult situation. I highly recommend PuroClean, Chris and his crew for any disaster relief.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

I had some water damage in my home and insurance hired PuroClean to remove furniture and handle cleanup. They broke a couch and a kitchen table in the process. They also left a fridge unplugged and all the food went bad. Tried for weeks to get someone to respond to me about them only to be ignored. Finally when someone did contact me they tried saying that they have been trying to reach me. I don't believe this to be the case. I wouldn't recommend to anyone and will never be using them again.

Original review: July 19, 2019

We had a broken air conditioning pipe that caused the ceiling to collapse and the walls to fill with water. Frank, Mike, and Bill are very professional. They worked very responsibly and efficiently to resolve all the problems.

PuroClean author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

PuroClean has been rapidly expanding across North America, adding more than 300 offices since 2001. They are sponsors of the American Red Cross Disaster Responder program and have built partnerships with local plumbers and property managers in the areas they serve. They handle fire, smoke, water and mold restoration services.

• Knowledgable: The staff is effective at collaborating and sharing their combined experience on unusual projects, particularly with black mold.

• Fast: In most cases, they can mitigate damages and have the property back to normal within three business days.

• On schedule: The company knows the value of time in containing damage and works diligently to stick to their agreed schedule.

• Works with insurance: They can provide full estimates with photos to insurance adjusters within 24-24 hours.

• Communicate well: Many victims of disaster find it difficult to face feeling of helplessness. By clearly explaining their next steps, this company helps people regain control of the situation.

• Offer full-service storage: Their property-storage services includes packing, cleaning and full security during the restoration.

PuroClean Company Information