Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

PuroClean Reviews

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

Chris Empey and his staff were outstanding. We were on vacation overseas when we heard about a water leak that had traveled from the roof to the main floor to the basement. Family came to the house and after a short time told us not to worry... "These guys know what there doing". They stayed until 2-AM that morning to make sure the problems were stabilized. The drying process took a week and Chris was there every day overseeing the work. When we returned home a week later, the house was clean the cleanup was in order and Chris explained what he had done.. was doing and what to expect. He continually reassured us that he had our back... and he did. He and his crew were trustworthy and professional. They went above and beyond our expectation to help us through a difficult situation. I highly recommend PuroClean, Chris and his crew for any disaster relief.

Original review: July 19, 2019

We had a broken air conditioning pipe that caused the ceiling to collapse and the walls to fill with water. Frank, Mike, and Bill are very professional. They worked very responsibly and efficiently to resolve all the problems.

Get expert buying tips about Fire and Water Damage Restoration delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 12, 2019

We recently had a flood in our home starting in our kitchen and flowing down to 7 areas in our basement. PuroClean was contacted and started the clean-up service immediately. Amanda **, our project manager, was very professional in her quickness to assess the situation and have her staff of Paige, Moe, and Chris start the clean-up. This clean-up crew was equally professional, hardworking and courteous in what they did moving out all the material, equipment and furniture to start the drying and clean-up.

They went beyond the call of duty and made us feel comfortable in what they were doing and treated everything with such respect. We cannot thank this wonderful group of people enough who eased our minds and quickly had 16 dryers/blowers and 3 dehumidifiers in to fix this disaster. We were very pleased to find out after the drying was completed that we only had to have 3 walls fixed, baseboards in one room replaced and only one under padding replaced. Thank you, Amanda, Paige, Moe, and Chris for all your work and care in our home. It was very much appreciated.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

Unprofessional, destructive, very bad company. I had a house fire in September 2018. Dave the owner of PuroClean Festus division was one of the first ones on site. Talking to him I thought that he would do a good job. We did the walk-through with All State Brent the adjuster. Altogether I was informed that I could keep anything at all that I wanted from my house even if the insurance company declared it totaled.

Two years prior I spent $8000 on a brand new Trane air handler furnace and heat pump. The best I could buy. All State was not going to chance the furnace thinking smoke damage but I knew the furnace was off when the fire occurred so I told Dave from the second day we ever met that that furnace does not leave this property. He told me that he would pack it in my shed along with anything else that I wanted to keep. They kept everything here on my property except my two-year-old Trane furnace which I paid a little over $4000 just for that.

His men pulled A generator out my front door and instead of picking it up and setting it on the ground they pulled it straight off and broke the corner of my concrete porch. I took pictures of all of it. His men were the only people here all day. I came by in the evenings after work and took pictures. I notified him about it. The first thing he says where is his men said they didn’t do it although I had pictures of their generator sitting there in the corner of my concrete broke off laying right beside it. This is all when my furnace came missing.

Dave‘s response to me was, "The insurance paid you for it so it doesn’t matter." This was my property. Dave had no business deciding what will and will not happen on my property with my furnace or any of my belongings. It is over a year and three months later. Dave told me he would fix the sidewalk or porch. I asked him how he was going to do that. He said he was going to glue the corner on. You do not glue the corner of the concrete porch on.

I had to have three rafters replaced in my roof. Dave was going to rent a crane to put three rafters up there. Three guys passed it up, laid it out, set it in place and nailed it together. Dave was going to rent a crane. I knew then he had no idea what he was doing. I fired him. The insurance company paid him $43,000. Never asked if I was satisfied with their work. Never asked if the job was complete. Did not send anybody out to Luck Dave is in bed with All State and I believe there’s more going on than we know of.

Over a year and going on five months now later. Dave will not answer my phone calls. I have tried repeatedly and I record every time I call so he can’t say I didn’t call. He has all my bedroom and living room furniture which was supposed to be cleaned and stored for up to a year and All State pays for it. I call Dave about a month shy of a year and he says I owe him $1700. I told him to send me an itemized bill. He still has not done that. I have called and called and called. He will not answer my calls. He stole my furnace. Whether the insurance paid for that furnace or not was none of his business, if that was 4000 I did not have to spend that I could’ve used on some other part of the house.

Dave of PuroClean has been nothing short of a ruthless scoundrel that preys upon people in a devastating situation and takes advantage of us. I will update this review later for I can see I will have to get lawyers involved. He still has my belongings. He owes me for a furnace and use me for repairs on my concrete porch. I will update when things change.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

I had some water damage in my home and insurance hired PuroClean to remove furniture and handle cleanup. They broke a couch and a kitchen table in the process. They also left a fridge unplugged and all the food went bad. Tried for weeks to get someone to respond to me about them only to be ignored. Finally when someone did contact me they tried saying that they have been trying to reach me. I don't believe this to be the case. I wouldn't recommend to anyone and will never be using them again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PuroClean?

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Do not use PuroClean at all!!!! Instead try someone like ServiceMaster or Servpro. PuroClean came out after my basement flooded. I asked daily for an estimate or cost, wasn't provided anything until the work was completed. I then discovered they had overcharged me by charging for equipment that was never used and I was charged a higher rate for after-hour hours when it was their employees who had asked if they could come at a later time. I brought up these concerns with PuroClean and they removed the listing of the equipment, but did not remove the charges and they then adjusted other rates. It has been a nightmare trying to resolve this billing issue. Stay away unless you like being overcharged!

Original review: July 10, 2018

I had water damage in my basement due to a hole in my sump pump pipe. Mr. Francis ** of the Fairfield, Ct. PuroClean came out within the hour of my contacting him. He was very knowledgeable about the problem and mold and answered all of my questions. He was extremely professional, thorough, and personable. I would definitely recommend him.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I just submitted a review of PuroClean. However, upon further reflection, I realized I had omitted detailing some pertinent information that I think would be helpful and important to fellow consumers. In my difficult search for a company on which I could rely for critical knowledge of massive mold damage, dependability, quality, and price effectiveness, PuroClean was recommended "without reservations" to me. I am so very grateful. Mr. Chris Nowak, president of PuroClean in my area of North Carolina, operated his business in a clear-cut manner - always willing to answer thoroughly any concerns and/or questions I had... I have compromised health, so its consideration regarding mold remediation was a critical factor.

In addition, he was available in a most reliable and timely way to keep me informed as to what and how the process was proceeding. He was cooperative with all others involved: insurance company, duct cleaning, lab reports and inspections. His team was equally responsible: impressively prompt and treating with care my belongings and house... quality work performance. I do highly and unhesitatingly recommend PuroClean. Its efficiency did not disappoint me at any time.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

I hired PuroClean Colorado Springs in May 2016 to inventory and photograph each item of my collection of antiques, antique furniture and other vintage items that were water damaged in a water leak in my double car garage that occurred one year earlier in May 2015. The water on the garage floor was cleaned in May 2015, and there was no further clean up needed thereafter as I had a new roof installed at that time. I put off dealing with the personal property claim due to health issues for a year, knowing I had another year to file my claim. PuroClean's employee Travis ** took photographs and made a physical inventory, before destroying enough personal property to fill a 40 ft. roll off. They did no other cleaning other than sweeping out the garage, but billed thousands of dollars amounting to $22,444, pretending as if they did a huge water clean up.

After it was done, I begged Matt ** for the inventory and photographs. He sent me very few, and promised to send more. I still have not received the complete inventory and photos. Finally he admitted to me that Travis ** was fired for stealing and that he probably discarded my photos and inventory. Matt ** showed up at my door on July 12, 2016, and stated that he was "sorry we screwed up your job, but you owe us $22,444 and if you don't pay me right now, I am going to take your house from you and I love your house," leaving a Mechanic's Lien on my bench. He did in fact file a Mechanic's Lien for that amount on my property, and has now filed a lawsuit against me for this amount, asking the judge to foreclose on my property.

I cannot file my claim with State Farm due to their ineptitude. It is not my fault that he failed to hire competent employees. This is not to mention his employees appeared to be "stoned" on marijuana the 4 days they were there. Matt ** double/triple billed for employee time, billed for cleaning that was never done, billed for plastic over $1,000 to "cover my personal property" that was never used, and much, much more. PLEASE BE CAUTIOUS OF THIS COMPANY. I am a senior citizen and feel they are trying to BLACKMAIL me or lose my property.

Original review: July 7, 2016

I was very impressed by customer service, they were compassionate and prompt in setting up service based on my needs during a chaotic and messy time. They were very prompt in scheduling my service appointment, the company sent out a team in less than twenty four hours. I was pleased by the quick attention. The inspection happened right away, less than 24 hours. They came in and assessed the damage and went through a step by step evaluation with me so I knew exactly what was happening. For the impressive service, and timely job well done, I definitely feel the value is worth every penny. Although it is not cheap, it was worth every penny.

PuroClean expert review by ConsumerAffairs

PuroClean has been rapidly expanding across North America, adding more than 300 offices since 2001. They are sponsors of the American Red Cross Disaster Responder program and have built partnerships with local plumbers and property managers in the areas they serve. They handle fire, smoke, water and mold restoration services.

• Knowledgable: The staff is effective at collaborating and sharing their combined experience on unusual projects, particularly with black mold.

• Fast: In most cases, they can mitigate damages and have the property back to normal within three business days.

• On schedule: The company knows the value of time in containing damage and works diligently to stick to their agreed schedule.

• Works with insurance: They can provide full estimates with photos to insurance adjusters within 24-24 hours.

• Communicate well: Many victims of disaster find it difficult to face feeling of helplessness. By clearly explaining their next steps, this company helps people regain control of the situation.

• Offer full-service storage: Their property-storage services includes packing, cleaning and full security during the restoration.

• Best for: Those who need extra care in dealing with the psychological effects of loss, families and homeowners.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team