4.56/5
  • 1 star
Based on 27 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Harness the power of merchant services. Whether it’s a desktop POS terminal or API integration for your web developer, a cloud-based POS system, we’ve got the solution you need to power your business. Your business is relying on us 24/7 to support you, only at Precise Pay will your dedicated Account Executive be available around the clock to make sure that your needs are met.

Precise Pay is a proud member of NACHA and a provider of custom ACH solutions and web solutions. If you are a developer, you may be interested in our E-commerce, or API for unique iOS and Android platforms. Other services offered are cross-currency transactions, gift and loyalty programs and so much more. Let Precise Pay help your business grow. Call us today for a free quote!

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 17, 2017

27 Precise Pay Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

My company FHS has been working with Precise Pay for approximately 5 months now. We are a heavy Debit and Credit Revenue cycle management company who relies heavily on reporting and high volume transactions. During a bank transition ECS and their excellent Customer service filled my needs, which are complex and wants in an expedited manner. I have no need to use traditional bank cash management systems as they provide everything I need. Precise Pay has saved me thousands of dollars from process efficiency, labor and rates. I also must mention a particular individual who the first day we started working together I told him he would hate to see my name pop up on his phone because I would call him constantly. His name is Nathan **. He accommodated me every step of the way with a smile on his face. Great company. Would recommend to everybody in the business/consumer processing world.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Our company recently moved over to Precise Pay for our credit card processing. The transition was seamless and our account manager, Nathan, helped us every step of the way. A few months after transitioning, we have significantly lowered our costs to process due to some improvements that Nathan suggested. We also have much better transparency and reporting into our credit card transactions, which is very helpful. I'm very happy with our new relationship with Precise Pay and would recommend them to anyone looking to get great value out of their payment processing partner.

Jeremy,

All of us here at PrecisePay are always working to not only meet the customer expectation but also exceed it. We are happy to hear that we have accomplished that goal. Thank you for your positive feedback and we look forward to supporting all of your processing needs!

Original review: March 8, 2017

We have business accounts with First Bank in Malibu, California. First Bank offered to set us up with merchant services and it turned out, we couldn't get through First Data directly but they had some sort of an affiliation with ECS and that was the company they chose. Also, our processor's gateway is Authorize.Net and Ray Madden is a part of our partnership. We do have an LLC partnership and some things are in his name. But we do things on a virtual terminal and we have a credit card processing company. We've had them probably four years. The customer service reps are very patient with me especially if it's an issue about a transaction. I think they're great.

One thing I will say is I'm not stoked on American Express as a merchant. We were gonna limit taking American Express because of the long delay of getting the money after we process a transaction and their fees are so much higher. I got something in the mail from ECS saying that American Express is going to be integrated into their agreement. So we still don't have to take American Express card, if we don't want to. I just hope that ECS is able to lower some of those fees that American Express charges. Other than that, I'm very satisfied.

Original review: March 7, 2017

We are using Precise Pay through a software company that processes our customers. Their customer service is friendly. We process with them online and there seems to be a bit of lag time and it varies when it comes to processing the payment to appear in our checking account. We've been using them for about a year and a half but we feel like the fees are a little exorbitant so we have been looking around to find a better alternative. They're high-priced but they have met my expectations.

Original review: March 5, 2017

I’d been using Square for months when the gentleman from Precise Pay told me that charges would be around two percent but then my first bill was almost 6%. My worry was if we didn’t do as much business then it would be more of charges. I continued using Precise Pay the next month and I stopped using it at the end of the month. I did it for 9 days that month and the charges were still over 3%. So I stopped using it and then but they are still charging me for it. I didn’t realize that if I didn’t use it, I will still get charged. They are charging me $50 a month, so I paid $300 for nothing.

I talked to Ted at Precise Pay and he asked if I wanted to start again. He has been fantastic but I’m going back to using Square, because with them, percentage wise, I know what to expect. Plus, we have a few things that we process past 3:00 so the money wouldn't come in for two days. I like that Square sends me an email report every night because with that I can see what’s going on even if I am not here.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Precise Pay?

Original review: March 1, 2017

We've been working with Precise Pay for many years. We first heard about them through our database management company. I had one situation that money was refunded, and after we had given the refund their customer service reps haven't been able to help with that. They keep telling me that they can't do anything. So, I have gone directly to our client and they are trying to take care of it. Other than that, we do have one customer service guy who's great and he's been very helpful always.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2017

The Bridge City Police Department has the Precise Pay readers in their cars where they can pay credit card payments in the field. There are problems with it from time to time because sometimes it doesn’t want to take the cards, but by and large, it works out pretty well. It eliminates having to take people to jail. If it’s on the weekend, somebody can pay with a credit card. And if they get outstanding warrants, we don’t have to take them to jail or get the judge to come out, so it’s worked pretty good for us.

Jerry,

We are so glad you are experiencing the white glove service we aim for! So happy we are able to give you the peace of mind that people will not have to go to jail due to outstanding warrants. Feel free to reach out to our support team if you ever need anything.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

Precise Pay was recommended to me and they have been doing a great job. If we have an issue, we call them, they respond, and they fix it.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

We had been with Elavon for quite a while but got unhappy with them and their inflexibility. We switched to Precise Pay because they promised us lower rates. They were able to deliver on it and they are much better. I've been happy with them and my experience with their customer service team is generally good. They're on top of my issue when I call and I don't have to do that very often so that's a good combination. We use the virtual terminal and it works very well as long as the internet's working.

Precise Pay response

Thank you Shawn! We are so happy to hear you are satisfied with our white glove service. Thank you for being a loyal customer and feel free to reach out if you ever need anything. We worry about your processing, so you can focus on making money!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

The lady that brought Precise Pay down here was real nice. If I have any problem, I call her and she’ll fix it or she’ll call somebody. Sometimes, if I don’t get my money in on my credit card, she’ll call them and get it all straightened up. I've been working with them for two years now and we hardly had any problems. The only time is when the towers go out and they can't do anything about that. So far, it has been a great experience.

Diana,

I am so glad to hear you are experiencing the white glove service that we aim for every day. Please feel free to reach out whenever you need anything. We are here to offer you peace of mind that all of your processing needs are being taken care of! Continue to let us know if there is anything we can do to assist you.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

Precise Pay gave me good rates and they have good customer service. We've been dealing with Dave for 5-6 years now and our service machine is working fine.

Peter,

Thank you for being a loyal customer! I am happy to hear we are meeting our goals of offering a white glove customer experience. Feel free to reach out to us for anything you need.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

Precise Pay was linked to my bank, Pacific Premier Bank. I've been working with them since June and so far, the service has been perfect.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

It has been a couple of weeks since we've started working with Precise Pay. We did it online and have used it once. However, our business doesn't need a credit card processing anymore.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

Precise Pay called me because I needed a credit card service. I've been working with them for 4-5 years and my service machine was upgraded last year. That was very painless and the machine was modernized and works very well. The customer service is excellent because anytime I have any comment or issue or question, my contact with them is very cooperative especially when it comes to needing the funding. The funding is available as long as it's done before 4:00, its the next day. I'm a small business so I really, really need that and it's a really big help. I'm very content with the service and it's been very helpful, professional, and efficient.

Danny,

Thank you for being such a loyal customer! We pride ourselves in staying up to date by offering the latest and greatest technology and I am happy to see you are loving that! Feel free to continue reaching out to us for anything you need.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

Precise Pay is all automated. Their customer service is helpful when I deal with them. They seem to be easy to work with too. I am happy.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

Our company's old owner used Precise Pay so we continued to use them and transferred over her recurring billing, and the customer service from Cody has been great. However, I tried to use a desktop terminal as an option for people who are coming in in-person and providing their credit card but it stopped working immediately. We weren't able to tie it to my Authorize.Net system either. So, it made the accounting a bit messier. I called Precise Pay about the desktop terminal, spoke with a tech guy, and just went through the unplug it, plug it back in kind of rebooting. I have a tutoring center and that point was our busiest time so I just skipped it, and I haven't paid a lot of attention to getting it fixed. But last time I tried to unplug and plug it back in, but it also didn't work. So I thought that was the best advice that the tech was gonna give me and I'll just continue working on my computer and tagging it in through Authorize.

Also, I found the processing to be slow since there is a 6-day delay between when it's processed through Authorize or through ECS and when it hits my bank. I don't know why that has been happening for a couple of months now. It didn't seem like it was always that delayed because it previously took only two or three days and we gauge through that.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2016

We were with Electronic Cash Systems and using Precise Pay was not a decision on our part. Our friend Dave was working for them and for as long as he was with them, our customer service was excellent. But since he's left the company, it's not as great anymore. We've been with them for 13 years and the machine works fine but we need to upgrade to the new chip machine so we're investigating that at the moment. They really don't do much to collect the money for us and put it in our account, so there isn't a lot of service involved.

Precise Pay response

Hi Billie - we'll be reaching out soon to see how we can better service you.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

Precise Pay has good rates and they are easy to work with. Their customer service is excellent. We've been with them for 15 years. Every time we had a problem, we call them up, and their agent David would come out either the same business day and get things going. I'd recommend them.

Precise Pay response

Victor thank you for complimenting us on our service. We appreciate your loyalty and we hope to be partners with your business for many years to come. Please reach out to us any time!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

We went with Precise Pay to lower costs and it's been fairly seamless since it started. There is a team that initiated the payment, and once that happened the only thing that's been an issue is the Global adjustments. They'll take out $150 and then put it back or they put it in and then they take it out, which is adding to reconciliation. I don't find it to add value and it increases workload because I have to enter all those transactions. They said it had something to do with refunds. I've asked them to stop doing it in increasing amount but it keeps happening. Outside of that, it seems to be working fine. Another positive is it increases the deposits that we get by a day.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2016

We've been with Precise Pay for more than 10 years. I actually use someone else but they have offered their service to me and they help me out, so I have to help them out, too. I'm still using the same machine and it's working okay, even if it's old. Their machine here may not be the latest model and I was going to call them to check on this. The customer service reps are pretty good, but so far they haven't checked regularly for anything wrong. Whenever we have a problem, we call them, and they help me out. I wish they would check regularly whether everything is okay or not, but they never do this unless we ask them. Nevertheless, I would recommend Precise Pay because they haven't given us any problems, and we know them well, and they also know us well, so we are like family, and we do not merely act towards each other as business to business.

Precise Pay response

We consider our merchants as family and we will be reaching out shortly!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2016

We use Precise Pay because I heard about David and that he was good to work with. I saw his contact information and went with them. He's retired now and we have Mike. Everything’s been great with the customer service, however, I do have an issue with compliance. It’s PCI compliance and I have to answer all of the questions about how I handle credit cards and I tried doing it five times and I always got shut down on the last question. They kept sending me messages, “You’re not compliant,” so I tried it again and then I talked with somebody and they said they were having a problem with their software. She let me answer the last couple of questions and said, “Okay. You’re fine.” That's nine months ago and now they still tell me I’m not compliant and charged me $78 about a week ago because of it.

We've been with Precise Pay for six years now and it works fine. I bought a new machine that can take the chip but it broke. We just upgraded and sometimes have a problem with the chip because it malfunctions. I can’t put a whole roll of paper in it and I have to unravel 15 feet. I didn’t know that I actually have to manually put in all the numbers, address, and zip code. Ever since these chips came out, sometimes the card gets rejected for some reason. It worked a lot better when we swiped it. There's something going on with the chip itself. Even so, I would recommend Precise Pay.

Precise Pay response

Lori, we appreciate the review! We'll be following up soon to see how we can better service you.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2016

We've been with Precise Pay going on nine years now. They were connected with the bank that we use. The service has worked great. We have very low volume here in our office. So, we get calls now and then from vendors, solicitors wanting to do a comparison for us. It never works out just because our volume is so low, like we use credit cards about once or twice a month.

Precise Pay response

Kelly, we value our bank partnerships and their customers. We hope that we can continue to build our strong relationship with you!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

I've been with Precise Pay for about 20 years. Their customer service has been all right. Their agent, David, was the one in charge of anything that I'm supposed to have done. I just got a new machine last year. The only problem, and I don't think it's fair, is that when I first signed up, my service was on a schedule of just being part-time use, but now I'm billed every single month. I'm an artist and I have a home show once a year here and then at Christmas time down at the Sawdust Festival. But I still have to pay $28 a month the whole year long to have that service, even if I only use this service during the festival and I don't keep my machine plugged.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2016

There’s a relationship between our company's owner and ECS. We had switched merchant services several times over the years and it’s just a pain, so whatever Precise Pay was able to do that caused less pain was appreciated. When they took over our merchant service, there was a big snafu in the beginning. We had to convert a bunch of current clients from Authorize.net into the new database, but that was all done by Authorize.net on the back end. Precise Pay's machine is integrated into a back end to our website and our billing software.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016

I found out about Precise Pay from a friend of mine who uses them. I've been using them for 10 years now and their customer service has been great. When I need anything, David takes care of it.

Precise Pay response

Joel, thanks for being a loyal customer! We appreciate your business and we'll reach out soon!

Precise Pay Company Information