2 Plumfund Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Recently became sick and my employer does not provide paid medical leave. I set up a Plumfund campaign and everything is fine... until I start receiving donations. They allow you to withdraw funds through a third party Wepay.com (Chase Bank). In order to access this account they will send a verification code to your phone number. Only issue is the number they are sending the code to is a number I haven't used in years. They give me no option to change the number so now they have my money with me having no access to it. Changed my number on Plumfund but that made no difference.

Contacted support, emailed help (cause you cannot speak to a live person for any customer support). When I finally get a response I send everything required of me (as requested) and again I hear nothing. Well today WePay let me know they will be terminating my account because I can't verify it with the code. Not saying it's a bad site, but people use it to receive funds for different reasons, so making it so hard to withdraw it just causes more stress in a already stressful situation. At least have a customer support line or chat so people can speak to a representative for assistance.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

My BIL had a bad accident with TBI. I used Plumfund to set up a fundraiser to help with expenses. Every donation was noted and I was able to track donors and thank them directly. All donations were easily transferred to the bank account of my BIL. The costs were much less than other fundraising sites.

Get expert buying tips about Crowdfunding Sites delivered to your inbox.

Plumfund expert review by Rose Spinelli

Plumfund is a crowd-gifting platform. It was created by the founders of Honeyfund, a free honeymoon registry that was named one Time.com’s 50 best websites of 2012.  Plumfund prides itself in its simplicity of use. There is no vetting or tilting and no funding or goal requirements. Plumfund is a modern take on a traditional method of gift-giving, backed by 10 years of gift-giving expertise.

• Low fees and free crowdfunding options: Users can access the site completely free of charge when contributors mail a check or present the funds to the campaign project creators in person. Online payments are 3.9% plus 30 cents.

• Industry experience: Plumfund has been pioneering online alternatives to making dreams come true for over 10 years, when the founders launched the number one online wedding registry, in 2006.

• Safe and secure: Funds are dispersed directly from contributor to campaign creator, either offline the tried-and-true way, or online through WePay or PayPal. Plumfund keeps private information safe and personal data is never sold, shared or rented to other businesses.

• Suitable for all fundraising occasions: Plumfund is appropriate for all fundraising endeavors, including everything from birthdays to baby showers to family vacations and pet needs. With 16 categories to choose from, users will easily find their niche.

• Funding options: Users enjoy both off- and on-line payment options. Plumfund’s model of allowing contributors to fund through the site or in person will appeal to those who are not comfortable with online payments. Whereas campaign creators on other sites run the risk of losing contributors who are not inclined to give online, its offline funding option is appealing to all demographics.

• Best for: Plumfund is an especially excellent way to fundraise for baby showers, birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, travel funds and any other special family event.

Profile picture of Rose Spinelli
Rose Spinelli Crowdfunding Contributing Editor

Rose Spinelli, founder of The CrowdFundamentals, is an internationally recognized crowdfunding specialist, mentor, trainer and writer. In 2014, she was voted one of the 100 Most Influential Thoughtful Leaders in Crowdfunding. Rose is the author of one of the first online crowdfunding courses called “Working the Crowd: Know the Fundamentals,” and she has served on a board of directors for the CrowdFunding Professional Association.

Plumfund Company Information