Rose SpinelliCrowdfunding Contributing Editor
Rose Spinelli, founder of The CrowdFundamentals, is an internationally recognized crowdfunding specialist, mentor, trainer and writer. In 2014, she was voted one of the 100 Most Influential Thoughtful Leaders in Crowdfunding. Rose is the author of one of the first online crowdfunding courses called “Working the Crowd: Know the Fundamentals,” and she has served on a board of directors for the CrowdFunding Professional Association.
Plumfund is a crowd-gifting platform. It was created by the founders of Honeyfund, a free honeymoon registry that was named one Time.com’s 50 best websites of 2012. Plumfund prides itself in its simplicity of use. There is no vetting or tilting and no funding or goal requirements. Plumfund is a modern take on a traditional method of gift-giving, backed by 10 years of gift-giving expertise.
- Low fees and free crowdfunding options: Users can access the site completely free of charge when contributors mail a check or present the funds to the campaign project creators in person. Online payments are 3.9% plus 30 cents.
- Industry experience: Plumfund has been pioneering online alternatives to making dreams come true for over 10 years, when the founders launched the number one online wedding registry, in 2006.
- Safe and secure: Funds are dispersed directly from contributor to campaign creator, either offline the tried-and-true way, or online through WePay or PayPal. Plumfund keeps private information safe and personal data is never sold, shared or rented to other businesses.
- Suitable for all fundraising occasions: Plumfund is appropriate for all fundraising endeavors, including everything from birthdays to baby showers to family vacations and pet needs. With 16 categories to choose from, users will easily find their niche.
- Funding options: Users enjoy both off- and on-line payment options. Plumfund’s model of allowing contributors to fund through the site or in person will appeal to those who are not comfortable with online payments. Whereas campaign creators on other sites run the risk of losing contributors who are not inclined to give online, its offline funding option is appealing to all demographics.
- Best for Plumfund is an especially excellent way to fundraise for baby showers, birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, travel funds and any other special family event.
Compare Crowdfunding Sites
Plumfund Company Profile
- Company Name:
- Year Founded:
- 321 S. Main St. #523
- Postal Code:
- United States