Payment Systems Corp

Out of Business

Compare Business Services

Research top Business Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I own a small company in Ridgeland MS. A man by the name of Ambassador ** came into my store representing EVO Payment Systems. He offered me very good processing rates. He also told me his company's legal department would write a letter to my existing company to release me from my contract. I agree and sign up. I very quickly discover their legal dept will not help me to get out of the old contract, so I am charged an early termination fee. After several months of doing transaction I don't see a decrease in my processing but an increase, so I call only to discover the contract that I signed is not on file, but a new one with much higher rates and my signature is forged. They are telling me I have to prove it was forged and they have denied a refund. Avoid this company at all cost.

I'm trying to help a friend cancel Payment Systems. I've never seen any company as bad as this one. We called in to cancel and they told us that we need to send an email and wait 3 days just to find out what the cancellation fee is. Needless to say, we have not received an email. My friend owns two companies and the effective rate they are paying is over 6% for one and 10% on the other. That is insane. Please do your research friends. Ask to see a sample statement. Make sure it is transparent and detailed. You wouldn't order inventory for your store, and not get an itemized list of exactly what you paid for... Credit Card Processing should be no different. Call their customer support before you sign up. Ask about other companies in your area that process with the company that's offering you service. This will tell you all you need to know.

First, I am not surprised by how many complaints are on the internet about this company and the many business names it operates under, including Payment Systems, First Data, Northern Payments, etc... How this company is still in business is beyond my comprehension. We are a musical instrument retail business from Cumberland, RI and I would like to get in touch with the business that posted a previous review from North Providence. Here is our experience:

A customer of ours for about 6-8 months named Tracy ** came into our store and inquired about our credit card machines. We TRUSTED this person because he was a regular customer. He vetted our business by coming in and playing our Dobro, inquiring about a job as a harmonica teacher, and trying various guitars. He purchased small things from time to time. There was no reason not to trust him. This representative is an absolute CON ARTIST! We trusted him when he said he was going to get us the best rates and that he would take care of us as a small business. He would even "match the rates" that he gave the Dollar Tree business down the street.

We are now looking to get out of the NON cancellable LEASE and this company wants to charge us $13,000 for equipment that is typically sold for $200-$300. Like another complaint states, our "purchase order" states that our lease was for 48 months (which is an absolute ripoff now that we've been into it for 24 months) but our lease states it's for 60 months! They changed the term without our approval. We have contacted both the Attorney General's Offices for RI and MA since we have stores in both states and have started complaints with the FTC.gov website. I would recommend everyone to do the same. If they receive enough complaints, action will have to be taken against this company for unfair business practices. We have copies of all of our paperwork and contracts that were changed by this company.

Before I begin, I would like to get in touch with anyone who was signed up by a salesperson named Tracy. Email - **. Earlier this year an acquaintance enrolled me in a credit card processing company (Lease finance Group & Payment Systems) that offered a 1% processing rate with the promise of substantially lowering my processing fee. The reality was that my fees nearly doubled due to the added fees they add to the bill each month and a $103.00/month equipment leasing fee (equipment that would retail for $200.00).

Cancelling this program would cost a total of $2900.00 (which I was told he could cancel free at any time... another lie). Also, on researching these companies I discovered they had substantial consumer fraud complaints even withdrawing funds with permission from customer bank accounts. They have been sued in New York by AG's office but still allow to operate. I believe this is a case that should be investigated and put out of business.

I was lied to by a sale man named Tracy **. I was told he could get me a better rate. I agree to sign up. He told me I had to take a credit card machine. I told him I just bought a new POS that I didn't need it. He said everyone has to have it. I told him I don't even have a phone line to support it. I told him no. He said it already included in my charges. He point it out on my current bill. (He was lying) so I took it. He gave me a bunch of papers to sign never once saying it was a 200 per month lease. I sent the machine right back and never received serves from Payment Systems because they never came back to load it in my POS. Now I am being call on a daily basis by Lease Finance Group threatening me with their tough guy NY accents. They want to sue me and put a lien on my house. No one from LLC will help me. They did give a fake name to ask for at card system. Payment Systems will not call me back. It's a scheme. Run far.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Payment Systems Corp?

I ended the service with this company and was told that I had to return the equipment by the end of September or I will be charged for the price of the equipment. I made sure to follow mailing instructions and allow enough time for mailing and return processing. I mailed the equipment on September 14, 2015 and today October 14 I received a letter dated October 7th that the equipment has not been received. Knowing that I might have this issue I made sure to put a tracking on the box as well as make the company sign to accept the box.

I called the 888-275-3251 to inquire about the shipment and why I received this letter in which the automated system gave me the option to hold for 10 minutes or leave a message. I decided to stay on hold to handle this issue and after 11 minutes the system sent me to voicemail which I did not want. I ended up leaving a message anyway and I did not receive a callback yet! This equipment is over $800 and I tried to do everything to avoid this issue but ended up having an issue at the end! I noticed a lot of people having issues with this company. Is there any way we can get together to file a report with a law office?

Do not go with this company. They have lied to us and their customer service, it is nonexistent. We run a small business and ended up signing a 4 year contract after the representative spoke about this company. It was the WRONG choice! The fee that they charge are not explained and it was VERY hard to get in touch with them. And now they have stopped sending us the statement for the machine. They are HORRIBLE!

January 2015 a rep from Payment Systems came into our store and informed one of my managers that they were there to drop off our new processing equipment. We were currently in the process of changing from Harbortouch POS to the Clover POS, so this made sense to the manager on duty. The rep asked for a signature and a voided check so funds could be directly deposited. The manager, knowing we were expecting a new system, complied to the reps request. I was informed of this transaction the next business day when I arrived at the store. I knew instantly what had happened and called Payment Systems asking for this account to be canceled. They told me it would be canceled and asked me to return their equipment (card reader) which I did. However, the account has been left open and they have continued to charge us, $95 a month totaling to $950 as of today.

I have done some research to figure out exactly what happened. Here's the truth. Merchant Systems, Payment Systems, and even Clover are all owned by the same company. So when we signed up for Clover, Payments systems knew we were expecting new equipment and they used that knowledge to trick us into signing up for something we didn't need (typical). Here's the kicker. They won't let me cancel it, even though I am the owner of the business and the only name on the business checking account they continue to charge.

To me this is fraud, but to them its just another day at the office. Has anyone ever been successful in a lawsuit against them? Are there currently and class action suits against them? Any lawyers out there feel like doing some pro bono work to help bring down corporate criminals? Please I am beyond frustrated and desperate here. This company point blank will not help me or work with me to resolve the issue. Complete disgust is how I would explain my feelings towards any business that would knowing take advantage of a bad situation just to put a few extra dollars in their pocket.

Jeff **, introduced as sales rep for First Data (In actually, a rep of an ISO called Payment Systems) reviewed my statements offering me 1% on credit, 0% on debit transaction and no hidden fees. They removed $30,000.00 from my account within a two month period, forcing me to shut it down. Meanwhile, the equipment lease that was attached within Payment Systems Contract (Americorp Leasing) sold it to Lease Finance Group LLC, which I believe are one and the same entities.

Because they claim they "purchased" my 5 year non-cancellable contract for the full sum, they use this ploy to demand recovering losses, although the useless equipment is still in the box. They already debited approx. $6,000.00 before my account closure, and have been billing me for an additional 36,725.09. Because I have ignored their invoices and numerous calls, they have now tacked on (within a 7-day period) an additional $10,000.00 for "legal fees." So, these people already got 36,000 out of me, and apparently they aren't done until I lose my 30 year business!

How they justify my signature for absolutely no product or service equates to over 80,000.00 dollars is beyond belief. They have turned me over to the credit bureaus, destroying my excellent credit, so I can't even get a loan to pay them off. (Not that I was planning to) Any ideas out there?

Why the government still let these company in business. They should be sued and repay all the small business that stuck with their lies and non-cancellation lease. I paid $5000 for 5 years for a credit card machine cost $500 because someone I know working for them.

We had a "sales" meeting with Mr. New Sales Representative from Eschelon Financial Group out of AZ. This new sales rep told us that the company would give us the credit card processing machine. We told him we didn't need a machine. We are an ECommerce business and all credit cards are processed through our website shopping cart. He told us we needed the machine for the software and that the machine was given to us. We kept telling him we didn't want it but he said we were given it and we should take it. He also told us how much money we would save using EMV processing. He was looking at our bank statements, which is what we were told to bring. We told him that over 50% of our business was done with invoice to our customers. We never met the 10K threshold that they claim is what is needed to see savings with their company.

When we received our leasing contract in the US Mail, we noticed that the blanks had been filled in and that we were now going to be obligated to pay over $80/month for a machine we were never going to use. We are an e-commerce business. We never see customers. We don't have a brick and mortar store. We told this to MR. NEW REPRESENTATIVE. But he was too busy spending the big fat check that Eschelon receives directly from Northern Leasing (a fact we found out from one of their reps).

These two companies, lie, tell more lies and then double down on the lies. They have now threatened us with ruining our credit and more. We filed complaints with the NY State and AZ attorney general's offices. We filed with the US Postal Inspector and the AZ Better Business Bureau. We plan to file with the IL Attorney General because that is where the supervisor for MR. NEW REP has his office. We should actually begin a class action suit against these companies. Anyone interested? I'd be happy to make that happen if we can get enough people together to share the cost. If you are approached by either of these companies, run and then run faster in the other direction. Stick with your current processor and try to negotiate a better rate.

Payment systems shut off my machine as of March 25, 2015 and I was not able to run any credit on the 28th. When I called to ask what was going on I was told by ** that I was a High Risk and they shut me down. I have been making payments on something I am not allowed use. Payment Systems should have told me from the outset that I was not a good candidate for their machine. They then told me they would release me from the contract. I thought ok if I am not allowed to use it getting released would be fine.

However, they did not tell me I was still beholding to the Financial Leasing group and any other institute for that matter. I now am liable for the 4 year lease thru the Lease Payment company because they paid Payment Systems $4,200. It seems dumb to be required to pay for a credit card machine that I cannot use because I was dropped by the credit card company! I expect Payment Systems to reimburse the Lease Company the money they made prior to canceling my contract.

I was approached by a salesman at my Retail Shop to switch to Payment Systems for Credit Card Processing. He told me it would save me money as I was currently paying fees for my customers who used debit cards. He told me with Payment Systems that debit cards would carry no fee. Since 80% of my customers use debit cards, I thought it was really a no-brainer to switch. He also told me I could not use my current credit card machine (one that I bought outright). He said the lease would be helpful as I would get a pin pad to be able to accept debit cards with no fee, and also would always have the most up to date hardware. With all of the upcoming changes, I was told it would save me money in the long run since I would be needing to buy new equipment very shortly.

Well, so far I have spent more money each month in crazy fees than I was already spending, and I cannot get out of the equipment lease for 4 years! The fees on my statement change monthly and I have no idea what they are for. I tried to call and speak to someone, but they can only take a message and have someone call me! How is that possible? I can't speak to a customer service rep by waiting on hold until one is available? I was told there is no separate number for customer service. So I asked if I could speak to someone in Sales as they should know what the charges are for. Again, I can't be forwarded to the sales department either?

Now I am stuck with a company Lease Finance Group/Chicago, IL and a 4-year lease totaling over $9000.00. This company has an F rating with the BBB but no one seems to want to help my situation. LFG hides within 3 or 4 different processing companies. Then when they let you off the hook with the processing co. you are stuck with a lease. Pure Fraud! Even after the Attorney General in NY sued LFG they continue to get away with the same scheme.

Do NOT go with this company. Run instead. I'm not kidding. They never return calls or emails. When you call, they have someone take a message and "call you back." I've never gotten a return call or email in three months. Their deposits to our bank acct do not match our reports. The numbers are off only by pennies but if they are doing this to everybody that's a lot of money. They take 2 days to show up to the acct and they lock you in for four years. Run as far away as you can. We were told a turn around of the next day and that's not at all the case. Run.

I was approached by a salesman at my Retail Shop to switch to Payment Systems for Credit Card Processing. He told me it would save me money as I was currently paying fees for my customers who used debit cards. He told me with payment systems that debit cards would carry no fee. Since 80% of my customers use debit cards, I thought it was really a no brainer to switch. He also told me I could not use my current credit card machine (one that I bought outright). He said the lease would be helpful as I would get a pin pad to be able to accept debit cards with no fee, and also would always have the most up to date hardware. With all of the upcoming changes, I was told it would save me money in the long run since I would be needing to buy new equipment very shortly.

Again, I can't be forwarded to the sales department either? What business does that? What if I had a customer in my store and needed to speak to someone about their card? I should have access to a person to speak to 24 hours a day. I am a small business, and this is not something that I can afford. I am extremely angry that there are people out there selling this company and its services to small businesses just trying to make it. They prey on people who are too busy to read all the fine print.

This may help those who JUST set up or signed a contract with Payment Systems. Yes, my story started the same... smooth talking sales rep with a lame sales tactic (trying to stay on the phone outside with his "underwriter" in his CAR to "discuss" numbers... but was a stale INPATIENT strategy... that worked lol) who hurried in after my husband and I knocked on his car window 3 times in 20min intervals to check if everything was "alright". He told us "just 15 more minutes..."

By this time we were tired... ready to leave... FAST FWD... YES... we signed those documents TRUSTING that all that was told to us was true... LUCKILY, I set up my business acct days later with my bank who told me about the hidden fees in our contract with them, and gave us a BETTER deal for the same system. I then called the Smooth Talker and told him I needed to cancel and no I will not change my mind... 20 min later, the sales rep was at my business (weird because he lives 2 hours away... hmmm) and tried to pull the Old last minute "WE CAN BEAT THEIR PRICES " speech... NO... then calls his underwriter to reel us back in (WHO WAS VERY RUDE BTW) and told us we can't get put off the contract, and if we do, they'll take us to court.

My father in law is a lawyer... so I wasn't concerned... and we JUST signed the papers two days ago. I reread the ENTIRE contract and there IS a way out. Little does that smooth talking sales rep know, he did us a HUGE favor by just popping back up to our business to "negotiate"... in the contract it states you have 7 days to give WRITTEN NOTICE of cancellation after signing, and up to 10 days AFTER trying to "NEGOTIATE".

Payment Systems Corp. is not to be trusted with ANY of your business. We were told that the in store terminal would be free and that our processing rates would be below 1%. None of this was true. We have been saddled with a $200+ payment each month for FIVE years as a lease for the so called free terminal and of course never received the 1% processing rates. My contact with Payment Systems has cost me well over $12,000.00 and we have received nothing in return.

I don't understand how there is ONLY one phone number to reach customer service which is in Los Angeles CA. Not only that the reps say they don't have it either. One rep said he would transfer me to the receptionist there but all I get is voicemail. I ALWAYS get voicemail! I have some important documents I need filled out and I've spoke with at least 5 people who all gave me different information!! I see why this company has so many bad reviews! They deserve it!

Lease Finance Group and Payment Systems are a fraudulent credit card processing agency. They hire these fly by night sales people. Lie to them so that they lie to the customer and promise incredible savings on Credit Card fees, etc, and then forge documents to add on charges. Try and tell them that this was a mistake and you have no way of contacting them. The toll free numbers do not work (you are redirected to many non decision makers). I am in for a class action lawsuit to try and put a stop to these crooks. LFG then puts your name on a collection agency, then they file a fake legal action. It is all baloney.

I was a previous sales agent for this company and they not only lie, fraud, and scam merchants out of their money, they treat their sales agents the same way!! During training, they tell us what to say, word for word, to these innocent merchants. They don't, however, tell us that we are robbing the people. I took the job, because I needed money, like most people, but once I found out how they treat their own employees, I quit within 2 weeks of being hired. After I learned how they rob the merchants, I felt terrible for believing that I was actually helping people save money!

This company is banned in several states and we need to continue to spread the word about this company, warning others NOT to sign up with them. I am very upset with the company, and I plan on taking a lawsuit out against them. If anyone else here has been robbed, I have INSIDE information about the company, as well as actual voice recordings of conversations with the managers. Let's work together to bring this sorry ass company down!

My dad has Parkinson's and got really sick and worse after Payment Systems lied and b.s. me. I even got it recorded of their empty promise. My dad had to sell his house, retire early, collapsed and almost died. They know they screwed. Here they **. Excuse my language. Even though they screwed up they still made us stick to the contract and today they are still taking money out for that stupid machine. I got them recorded of making promises to pay the other company if they can't pay etc. My eyes tear up and my voice stutters when I think of these bastards.. Most of the managers don't work there anymore.

Besides misleading rates and batch fees for 7 days per week in spite of only batching 6 days per week. There was a 495 early termination fee and 3000 in "de conversion" fee. Also relationship with leasing company - VERY questionable.

This company keeps calling almost everyday for months, trying to get us to signup for their services. I've asked numerous times to have our company information removed from their database and they still keep calling. The salesperson are always rude and pushy. They will call and ask to speak to you like they know you. I can't stand that at all.

Same here! Was told about huge savings but never about the lease payment that wasn't included in these huge savings. 1 week of signing up with these idiots, the nice pretty girl that signed me up couldn't talk to me. Then when I got a hold of her she told me she was no longer with that company. It took me MONTHS to get my $500 sign on bonus. I already had a terminal that was paid for and told me I couldn't use it because they did not support that one. Being a new business owner accepting credit cards I was clueless to what she was telling me. And signed up cause it sounded like a really great deal! Boy, was I wrong? So how can I get out of this!?!?!?! And what are they to do when Oct 2015 comes around and we all have to accept the new chip in cards? I am not taking responsibility on my company for fraud by not switching. Would they be breaking the contract? I need help!!

I was also recently approached by the nicest sales person there can be. He gave me rates that would save me a considerable amount of money monthly. I own my own machine, but had to sign up with a leasing company. I was told that the price of the lease was included in my savings. After I received my first month statement, I was spending more money than my previous processor, and had a lease fee taken out of my account. I then repeatedly called my sales person and never had a return call. I then called the customer care number multiple times and never had received one call back.

Called the company to cancel my contract and I was told that I would receive a call in 72 hours. That was two weeks ago. The leasing company wants almost $5,000 to get out of the lease. I am currently seeking legal matters to fight this company for default of a contract, and for the lease payment. I have been using credit processors for many years now, and by far this is the worst company. Please reconsider using this company.

We went with this company because they guaranteed us a savings of $400.00 a month. Turned out it is more expensive. They outright lied to us. Illegal. US attorney general needs to monitor companies like this. Fraud.

Young man came in while I was busy. So he gave a glowing review of his wares, had a clipboard covering the lease agreement with LFG Leasing and said no matter how much we use the credit card machine, we would be charged the maximum of $99 per month (the amount for the crappy credit card machine). Had me sign it and walked away. Since I was busy I didn't realize that it was a 4-year contract with LFG. LFG then began paying themselves via my checking account without my permission. That I stopped. Then lo and behold I get charged by Payment Systems in the amount of $895 for the use of their equipment (same as the one I was supposed to be paying LFG) for the month of December.

Bank told me to process it and then make a claim via ACH, Accounting Clearing House, which I did, but still no refund. I asked the bank about Payment Systems, and they couldn't find it anywhere in the ACH system; hence, it doesn't exist, and any dealings with them is thereby null and void. Since LFG is associated with Payment Systems, just stop paying these cheaters and let them bring us ALL to court, and we'll take it from there.

UPDATED ON 02/09/2015: Apparently, it was not Payment Systems who made that charge.... my error. I guess I'll have the bank trace who's at fault. Talked to someone from Payment Systems, and she notified me of my error. MY MISTAKE for making that assumption, and I do apologize to them for that. However, there have been other issues with them. Apparently if you don't meet a certain quota you pay a much, much higher service fee. Additionally, even though I have cut off their services, I got a service fee for over $100 on February 3rd. What's that all about?

My story is the same as most here. Fooled into "NON-CANCELLABLE" lease, rates much higher than presented, fear of paying full lease if terminating contract. HERE'S WHAT TO DO! Go to your bank and block any company drafting from your account, IMMEDIATELY! Use the old zip-zing, knuckle buster machine from days of old, and take cards that way, until you can get a proper service provider set up. Watch for outstanding deposits to post to your account. When all deposits are safely in your account, close it, and open a new one. Call the local police dept. and file a fraud claim. Hold onto the equipment as evidence. They'll try to scare you with law talk, maybe even serve papers. I can't wait for that! I'm going to sue them for fraud, and loss of savings, potential. Don't lose sleep over these parasites. Just protect your assets first, then let them taste their own blood. Order a new machine after you block them. How does THAT feel to be scammed back!?

Multiple calls daily even when I decline and ask to be removed from their list. At this point it seems to be harassment. I have turned them in to the Kansas No call list. They need to understand NO means NO. What part of "I do not want your service" do they not understand.

Salesman told one lie after another. Intent was to get us to sign up so Payment Systems Corp would receive a $4000 commission from Credit Card Processing Co. In addition, the 1% promised in credit card processing fees became 4%. As the original contract w/ Payment Systems was written incorrectly, we got out of that contract. We refused to sign revised contract. However, the Lease co. is demanding a minimum payment of $4000 to recoup the commission they paid Payment Systems.

Payment Systems Corp Company Profile