3.86/5

Need credit card processing?

Payline Data

Payline Data can streamline the way you accept payments and help take your business to the next level. We have many services to help the way your business runs: electronic invoicing, fraud protection, ACH services, customer insights and more. We work with thousands of companies across the United States. See how Payline Data can help your business today.

Need credit card processing?

83 Payline Data Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 1, 2017

I was impressed by Payline's website and I like their pricing. I've been using their system to process credit card transactions. While I have limited interactions with their people, I was really happy with the service and getting everything set up.

Original review: March 30, 2017

I did an online research and I went to the Merchant Maverick website and they had a very good review of Payline Data. Also, when I read about the merchant processing industry, I got the impression that it’s very dishonest and reading reviews on different websites, Payline was one of the more honest ones. The honesty and transparency made me want to go with them. I got a simple phone reader, the gateway service from them. I called them for different things. For one, it was changing my personal account to my business account and it was one of the hardest things to deal with them. I would send forms and different letters from banks. They would be like, “Nope, we do not accept that.” Then the bank would say they do not give the letter. I even had them talk to each other and even then, it wasn’t resolved.

Eventually, after numerous attempts, they changed my personal account to my business account. And that's when they would e-mail me, saying “Hey, it is done. We already changed it to a business account.” And the next day, someone else would e-mail me, saying, “Hey, we still need to change your personal account to your business account.” I would say, “Hey, you already got this done.” And then they’re like, “Oh, yeah. Disregard that. We still haven’t fixed it.” They’re disorganized and they don't communicate well with each other. It’s not a very well-run organization. My experience hasn’t been that great, and I’m thinking about switching to another merchant processor.

Payline Data response

Hello Fayz,

Thank you for your feedback.

We do value being honest and transparent with our customers. We view our integrity as essential to succeeding as a business. We are glad to see that this is the reputation that brought our businesses together and we plan to deliver on that expectation.

As we have reviewed the details of your Payline experience, it does look like there were additional complications to making the changes you requested. I want to apologize for those inconveniences as they are not typical to the customer experience we aim to deliver. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to create an exceptional merchant processing experience moving forward.

David Suffolk

Client Experience Manager

Original review: March 12, 2017

We were having issues with our previous merchant so one of the girls in our office did a research and thought Payline would be a good fit for the company. We got the Gateway, so I do everything online. They are easy to work with and everything has been pretty smooth so far. Our experience with Payline has been really good.

Original review: March 18, 2017

Payline Data's rates seemed applicable and useful for the size my business, and they have good reviews. One of the good things I like about the services is I don't interact with them very much at all. They just do what they do and I do what I do. They do my regular credit card processing and I use the Gateway services. They've been helpful in everything that I've had any questions about. Also, I don't have to fix things and I don't have to go back and reassess things. Their technical support has resolved everything that I've had pretty quickly. Overall, they're a solid company.

Original review: March 15, 2017

The guy who set up my account was helpful but he wasn't thorough. I had already purchased a credit card terminal but he still sent me one. I had to mail back the terminal they sent me and mail the one I had purchased to them. I paid them to program the terminal I purchased but then it was broken in the mail. So now, I'm sitting with a broken terminal. I currently do not have service with them.

They wouldn't let me use my terminal so I would have to purchase a new one. Moreover, they couldn't give me a better price. I was with Payline for about two months without even swiping a transaction. Their guy was nice but it took him a while to return my phone calls. I would have to constantly call and email. Then I learned that the guy who originally set up my account didn't work there anymore and I was transferred to someone else. I had to get them up to speed on what had happened. It was just a headache.

Payline would be a great company if they followed their customer throughout the entire process. They would be able to retain customers if they were just as efficient and effective when they signed them up as when they were using their terminal or processing transactions. I wasn't assisted until I threatened that I will cancel my account.

Payline Data response

Hello April,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. At Payline, we aim for high standards in making sure new accounts are setup efficiently and correctly. It looks like we did not meet these standards for your experience and we apologize for that.

We are constantly reviewing how credit card processing will help our customers be successful business owners and where our business can align with those needs. We have received your feedback about the terminal deployment process and we are looking into how we can make this easier for our customers.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us at support@paylinedata.com.

David

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Payline Data?

Original review: March 3, 2017

Payline Data's pricing was the best that I could find, and whoever's cheapest is best in my book. Every interaction I had with their sales team was fairly good. They took care of everything I needed. They didn't get back with me once, but it was not a big deal. When I first set up the terminal, I spoke with their technical support staff. They took care of my needs and handled everything that was needed, and the service was set up and has been working fine ever since. Although I had to call them today because they use NPC as their processor and they sent me a letter in the mail saying they were going to automatically sign me up for a RAAP program, so I had to call and terminate that before I was charged $90 a year for something that I never wanted. That was annoying, but other than that, everything's been fine.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

Payline Data had given me the best rate quote conditions on CardFellow'w website which essentially compares credit card processes. That was the principal deciding factor I went with them. I also like the fact that they seem to be a little bit more tech savvy than certain other credit card processors. In the past, when I had to sign up, I was getting sheets that were handwritten and filled out by hand and then they will scan. But for Payline, it was all very straightforward, user-friendly and smooth, and everything has been typed into a PDF. I also like their rates. The only thing I don't like about them is that the customer service hours are not the greatest sometimes so that can be frustrating. I would like them to be more accessible more often because like if it’s 1:00 in the morning and we have a credit card processing issue.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

I liked Payline Data as far as the rates that I pay in regards to where I like it. The one thing that I wish they did that Square did was as soon as I swipe the card with Square, it showed up through an email that that was processed and went through. With Payline Data, I have to log in and look at it to make sure it went through, and that’s an aggravation. Everything else has been pretty smooth though.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

One of my friends who also has an online gateway recommended Payline. I got their ecommerce service and I had it tied into an online store. My interaction with their reps was extraordinary because they made sure that all my questions were answered. I had a couple of hiccups with tying in the gateway at first but they were able to walk me through it without any hesitation. Then if I had any issues, they were able to give me a step-by-step walkthrough either by email or they would call me to make sure that everything was working out right. But what I like the most about them is the quick turnaround on transactions. If somebody buys something on my website, I have the funds by the end of the day the next day. I will highly recommend Payline to any place that was to ask who I use.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

Payline Data's fee seemed reasonable, but they mix them around all the time, and they're all vague. I used them and started to realize that there are so many hidden fees. There are many different add-ons that if you want to do mobile, if you want to do this or that, it’s just very complicated instead of making one fee. They say that they're going to give money to charity, and I'm hoping that they would, but I'm not sure that's happening either. But one of the things that attracted me to them is that they don't have a lot of high monthly fees. Their sales rep was perfect too.

Payline Data Company Information