Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.82/5

Need credit card processing?

Payline Data can streamline the way you accept payments and help take your business to the next level. We have many services to help the way your business runs: electronic invoicing, fraud protection, ACH services, customer insights and more. We work with thousands of companies across the United States. See how Payline Data can help your business today.

Payline Data Reviews

Original review: March 30, 2017

I did an online research and I went to the Merchant Maverick website and they had a very good review of Payline Data. Also, when I read about the merchant processing industry, I got the impression that it’s very dishonest and reading reviews on different websites, Payline was one of the more honest ones. The honesty and transparency made me want to go with them. I got a simple phone reader, the gateway service from them. I called them for different things. For one, it was changing my personal account to my business account and it was one of the hardest things to deal with them. I would send forms and different letters from banks. They would be like, “Nope, we do not accept that.” Then the bank would say they do not give the letter. I even had them talk to each other and even then, it wasn’t resolved.

Eventually, after numerous attempts, they changed my personal account to my business account. And that's when they would e-mail me, saying “Hey, it is done. We already changed it to a business account.” And the next day, someone else would e-mail me, saying, “Hey, we still need to change your personal account to your business account.” I would say, “Hey, you already got this done.” And then they’re like, “Oh, yeah. Disregard that. We still haven’t fixed it.” They’re disorganized and they don't communicate well with each other. It’s not a very well-run organization. My experience hasn’t been that great, and I’m thinking about switching to another merchant processor.

Payline Data response

Hello Fayz,

Thank you for your feedback.

We do value being honest and transparent with our customers. We view our integrity as essential to succeeding as a business. We are glad to see that this is the reputation that brought our businesses together and we plan to deliver on that expectation.

As we have reviewed the details of your Payline experience, it does look like there were additional complications to making the changes you requested. I want to apologize for those inconveniences as they are not typical to the customer experience we aim to deliver. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to create an exceptional merchant processing experience moving forward.

David Suffolk

Client Experience Manager

Original review: March 27, 2017

Payline does the net pricing instead of a big pre-assigned tier, and I like that it looks like the overall cost per transaction were going to be much lower. Although more interaction from the sales staff would've been nice, because I only talk with them through emails and messages, which seem to be their primary way of wanting to handle customer services, whether it be through their site. Nobody from the sales department has contacted me since I had first set up the account in December and it was a little disappointing. A follow-up would be nice to make sure that everything in our account is going as we hoped and see if there's anything more that can be done to make it any better.

We have a traditional account and we opt to add on a mobile app which was simple. But I've had more disappointments with them regarding the app, which I understand they didn't write but I'm assuming they have contracted for Card Swipe. Also, the programming on it is not what it needs to be. It is a little bit buggy sometimes. We've had to put the charges and we've had failed charges that we didn't know were failed. So, anytime I train someone on the cash register, I have to spend a lot more time in training them on what to look for to make sure there aren't any errors in the processing. And it makes them really paranoid that they're going to screw something up.

Also the card reader itself does not have anything to signify that the battery needs to be charged. So we keep it plugged in all the time because it doesn't tell you that the transaction is failing because the card reader does not have enough power to support a transaction. Also, the app's signature box is very small. Even though we've set up a tablet, it doesn't make the box any bigger than what it would be on the Android phone. And the send button after they sign is right where people lay their hands to sign. So there are times when they laid their hand on the glass tablet and it sends it through without a signature because of the positioning.

It's very similar to what we use with PayPal. Its online reports do not show the name of the cardholder, only the four digits of their card, along with the date, time and the dollar amount. We operate a retail store as well as an RV park and I can't match those transactions so I can't audit using my report. All I have is gross sale numbers for the day. So it's all about the app and I know SwipeSimple has the ability to improve the app because Card Swipe does this similar app for other companies. I read other reviews online and other people are complaining about the same thing, but they're choosing not to do anything with the app. I have already given them this feedback too, but I didn't get the response I wanted.

When I had difficulties with duplicate charges and the card reader failing, it was through their support program from the website and they responded quickly and then it was through email from there. But they felt that it was functioning adequately enough and they didn't act like there was anything that can be done or that there would be any kind of improvement in the future. It looks to me like there should be a response, that they'll take a look at improving this and thank me for the feedback. But instead, I was told that it is a basic program and that it's a you-get-what-you-pay-for type of thing, which I felt was a bad response.

Also, I had a customer check in the other day and we were having issues with one of the flicky things that happen on this app. I blame the app because I've used PayPal on the same device, but it's not done this. If the WiFi signal has dropped out in our store and we have data on it, it does not automatically switch to give you a connection. I have to manually go in and tell it to switch to another signal or to turn the WiFi off and switch manually to data. The program itself is not seeking for a good signal, so it will sit there, literally lock up the app and not do anything. which makes the customer very uneasy because anyone that has been double-barreled before is nervous about what's going on. When the technology doesn't work seamlessly, it makes them nervous.

One time, as soon as we started showing a problem with our device, this older gentleman said he wanted to pay cash and once it's done, it's done. It doesn't store anything and there was no convincing him because he's already had a bad experience. That kind of backlash is going to happen in this industry if they don't get more reliable technology. But from a sales standpoint, as far as the fees, I haven't had any issues with everything that Payline has promised me. So we're dealing with it but I'm not 100% happy.

Original review: March 26, 2017

Payline said it was good with small businesses. I also liked their rates, which were transparent, so I decided to purchase an Ingenico 220 from them. It's a classic credit card terminal. They have good people to walk you through with changing the time and setting it up. Also, their sales team was great to deal with. However, once they've organized things with the machine and when you're done with the sales representative, there was a gap. My machine got lost and they tried to assess who delivered it. You are now in the general help section where there is a barrier to speak with someone. When you call their phone number, it feels like a long arduous process. Still, Payline follows up well now that I have the machine. They'll also follow up when I have an issue.

Original review: March 18, 2017

Payline Data's rates seemed applicable and useful for the size my business, and they have good reviews. One of the good things I like about the services is I don't interact with them very much at all. They just do what they do and I do what I do. They do my regular credit card processing and I use the Gateway services. They've been helpful in everything that I've had any questions about. Also, I don't have to fix things and I don't have to go back and reassess things. Their technical support has resolved everything that I've had pretty quickly. Overall, they're a solid company.

Original review: March 15, 2017

The guy who set up my account was helpful but he wasn't thorough. I had already purchased a credit card terminal but he still sent me one. I had to mail back the terminal they sent me and mail the one I had purchased to them. I paid them to program the terminal I purchased but then it was broken in the mail. So now, I'm sitting with a broken terminal. I currently do not have service with them.

They wouldn't let me use my terminal so I would have to purchase a new one. Moreover, they couldn't give me a better price. I was with Payline for about two months without even swiping a transaction. Their guy was nice but it took him a while to return my phone calls. I would have to constantly call and email. Then I learned that the guy who originally set up my account didn't work there anymore and I was transferred to someone else. I had to get them up to speed on what had happened. It was just a headache.

Payline would be a great company if they followed their customer throughout the entire process. They would be able to retain customers if they were just as efficient and effective when they signed them up as when they were using their terminal or processing transactions. I wasn't assisted until I threatened that I will cancel my account.

Payline Data response

Hello April,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. At Payline, we aim for high standards in making sure new accounts are setup efficiently and correctly. It looks like we did not meet these standards for your experience and we apologize for that.

We are constantly reviewing how credit card processing will help our customers be successful business owners and where our business can align with those needs. We have received your feedback about the terminal deployment process and we are looking into how we can make this easier for our customers.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us at support@paylinedata.com.

David

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Payline Data?

Original review: March 12, 2017

We were having issues with our previous merchant so one of the girls in our office did a research and thought Payline would be a good fit for the company. We got the Gateway, so I do everything online. They are easy to work with and everything has been pretty smooth so far. Our experience with Payline has been really good.

Original review: March 3, 2017

Payline Data's pricing was the best that I could find, and whoever's cheapest is best in my book. Every interaction I had with their sales team was fairly good. They took care of everything I needed. They didn't get back with me once, but it was not a big deal. When I first set up the terminal, I spoke with their technical support staff. They took care of my needs and handled everything that was needed, and the service was set up and has been working fine ever since. Although I had to call them today because they use NPC as their processor and they sent me a letter in the mail saying they were going to automatically sign me up for a RAAP program, so I had to call and terminate that before I was charged $90 a year for something that I never wanted. That was annoying, but other than that, everything's been fine.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

Payline Data had given me the best rate quote conditions on CardFellow'w website which essentially compares credit card processes. That was the principal deciding factor I went with them. I also like the fact that they seem to be a little bit more tech savvy than certain other credit card processors. In the past, when I had to sign up, I was getting sheets that were handwritten and filled out by hand and then they will scan. But for Payline, it was all very straightforward, user-friendly and smooth, and everything has been typed into a PDF. I also like their rates. The only thing I don't like about them is that the customer service hours are not the greatest sometimes so that can be frustrating. I would like them to be more accessible more often because like if it’s 1:00 in the morning and we have a credit card processing issue.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

I liked Payline Data as far as the rates that I pay in regards to where I like it. The one thing that I wish they did that Square did was as soon as I swipe the card with Square, it showed up through an email that that was processed and went through. With Payline Data, I have to log in and look at it to make sure it went through, and that’s an aggravation. Everything else has been pretty smooth though.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

One of my friends who also has an online gateway recommended Payline. I got their ecommerce service and I had it tied into an online store. My interaction with their reps was extraordinary because they made sure that all my questions were answered. I had a couple of hiccups with tying in the gateway at first but they were able to walk me through it without any hesitation. Then if I had any issues, they were able to give me a step-by-step walkthrough either by email or they would call me to make sure that everything was working out right. But what I like the most about them is the quick turnaround on transactions. If somebody buys something on my website, I have the funds by the end of the day the next day. I will highly recommend Payline to any place that was to ask who I use.

Payline Data Company Information