toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My partner and I recently purchased a business, and were looking to save a little money. We both searched the internet and talked to people whom we knew are in the business, and Payline kept coming up. They're rated very highly, and their sales team was very good. I was contacted via email by a rep, and we spoke over the phone three times. He was very efficient and friendly. Now, I'm using a Payline machine, and it's very easy to use. I started out on a phone line and it was not working out too well. The customer service seems to be a little hard to get hold of during business hours, but I figured that out by coming in early one morning and catching them before business hours, so I caught the after-hours team. I switched from using a telephone line to Ethernet. It's been smooth sailing ever since. They have great hardware and an efficient system. Overall I'm satisfied, and I would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were referred to Payline and I looked them up and they had good reviews. So, I went with them. The sales team was easy to deal with and my transaction with them went smoothly. We bought the terminals and Payline has good rates. There was a woman from Payline that called and helped me set up the terminal.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Payline Data's rates seemed applicable and useful for the size my business, and they have good reviews. One of the good things I like about the services is I don't interact with them very much at all. They just do what they do and I do what I do. They do my regular credit card processing and I use the Gateway services. They've been helpful in everything that I've had any questions about. Also, I don't have to fix things and I don't have to go back and reassess things. Their technical support has resolved everything that I've had pretty quickly. Overall, they're a solid company.

Resolution In Progress

Hello April,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. At Payline, we aim for high standards in making sure new accounts are setup efficiently and correctly. It looks like we did not meet these standards for your experience and we apologize for that.

We are constantly reviewing how credit card processing will help our customers be successful business owners and where our business can align with those needs. We have received your feedback about the terminal deployment process and we are looking into how we can make this easier for our customers.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us at support@paylinedata.com.

David

Original review: March 15, 2017

The guy who set up my account was helpful but he wasn't thorough. I had already purchased a credit card terminal but he still sent me one. I had to mail back the terminal they sent me and mail the one I had purchased to them. I paid them to program the terminal I purchased but then it was broken in the mail. So now, I'm sitting with a broken terminal. I currently do not have service with them.

They wouldn't let me use my terminal so I would have to purchase a new one. Moreover, they couldn't give me a better price. I was with Payline for about two months without even swiping a transaction. Their guy was nice but it took him a while to return my phone calls. I would have to constantly call and email. Then I learned that the guy who originally set up my account didn't work there anymore and I was transferred to someone else. I had to get them up to speed on what had happened. It was just a headache.

Payline would be a great company if they followed their customer throughout the entire process. They would be able to retain customers if they were just as efficient and effective when they signed them up as when they were using their terminal or processing transactions. I wasn't assisted until I threatened that I will cancel my account.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were having issues with our previous merchant so one of the girls in our office did a research and thought Payline would be a good fit for the company. We got the Gateway, so I do everything online. They are easy to work with and everything has been pretty smooth so far. Our experience with Payline has been really good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Payline Data?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Payline Data's pricing was the best that I could find, and whoever's cheapest is best in my book. Every interaction I had with their sales team was fairly good. They took care of everything I needed. They didn't get back with me once, but it was not a big deal. When I first set up the terminal, I spoke with their technical support staff. They took care of my needs and handled everything that was needed, and the service was set up and has been working fine ever since. Although I had to call them today because they use NPC as their processor and they sent me a letter in the mail saying they were going to automatically sign me up for a RAAP program, so I had to call and terminate that before I was charged $90 a year for something that I never wanted. That was annoying, but other than that, everything's been fine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Payline Data had given me the best rate quote conditions on CardFellow'w website which essentially compares credit card processes. That was the principal deciding factor I went with them. I also like the fact that they seem to be a little bit more tech savvy than certain other credit card processors. In the past, when I had to sign up, I was getting sheets that were handwritten and filled out by hand and then they will scan. But for Payline, it was all very straightforward, user-friendly and smooth, and everything has been typed into a PDF. I also like their rates. The only thing I don't like about them is that the customer service hours are not the greatest sometimes so that can be frustrating. I would like them to be more accessible more often because like if it’s 1:00 in the morning and we have a credit card processing issue.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I liked Payline Data as far as the rates that I pay in regards to where I like it. The one thing that I wish they did that Square did was as soon as I swipe the card with Square, it showed up through an email that that was processed and went through. With Payline Data, I have to log in and look at it to make sure it went through, and that’s an aggravation. Everything else has been pretty smooth though.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

One of my friends who also has an online gateway recommended Payline. I got their ecommerce service and I had it tied into an online store. My interaction with their reps was extraordinary because they made sure that all my questions were answered. I had a couple of hiccups with tying in the gateway at first but they were able to walk me through it without any hesitation. Then if I had any issues, they were able to give me a step-by-step walkthrough either by email or they would call me to make sure that everything was working out right. But what I like the most about them is the quick turnaround on transactions. If somebody buys something on my website, I have the funds by the end of the day the next day. I will highly recommend Payline to any place that was to ask who I use.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Payline Data's fee seemed reasonable, but they mix them around all the time, and they're all vague. I used them and started to realize that there are so many hidden fees. There are many different add-ons that if you want to do mobile, if you want to do this or that, it’s just very complicated instead of making one fee. They say that they're going to give money to charity, and I'm hoping that they would, but I'm not sure that's happening either. But one of the things that attracted me to them is that they don't have a lot of high monthly fees. Their sales rep was perfect too.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The person who takes care of our account liked Payline Data because, partly, it was over the internet instead of being attached to a phone line. I like that Payline is much faster than when you’re hooked to a landline. It’s been a smooth experience and that includes the transition.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I talked to a representative of Payline and we decided on a machine that we want and what kind of services we want on that machine, like food stamp. We just started about a couple of months back. However, when we installed the new machine, the technical team forgot to tell us that we need to adjust the timings on the machine. The time and the date stamp on the machine was a day older than the actual date and time. So for the first three days, whatever transactions we did, we got a big letter in the mail, one page for each and every transaction at two different locations, almost 150 pages of transactions that did not go through.

I had to call them back but they forwarded me to another company that they work with. And then they said that I need to fax all that back so they can run the transactions and it's going to take about 10 business days for me to get the money. And they won't accept it as a scan, I had to fax about 150 pages. It was a pretty bad experience. And if I had to go do it again, I would not go with Payline. But Payline has a better quote compared to other companies.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We did a lot of research through Google online about different credit card processing services and since we're a nonprofit organization we were looking for a credit card gateway provider that had good rates. We saw that the customer service of Payline and their ratings were all for the most part positive. The gentleman that also helped us set up our account originally was a perfect sales rep. He was very informative and knowledgeable. He answered all of our questions very well and was pretty laid back and we felt very comfortable with everything he was telling us about the services that Payline offers.

We wanted to integrate the credit card gateway onto one of our nonprofit organizational websites, so we signed up for the gateway and we also needed the credit card merchant processing, as well. We're pretty happy and satisfied. We haven’t gotten a chance to use all of it because we're working with our own web developers to get it enabled onto our website, but so far they’ve been great and they're doing a great job.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking at the different rates available and it looked like Payline Data was the most competitive, so I went to the cardfellow.com and signed on to start an account with Payline. However there was an issue with the initial set up. I used the machine to swipe the cards on the first day and the next day, I walked in the office and my account was closed because the underwriting team made an error. It was a big debacle and it took about a week to get everything sorted out. But the customer service team was able to help as much as possible and they've been responsive. It was quite difficult in the beginning but things are a little bit smoother now and I'm happy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Payline Data has reasonable rates which I like most about the system. The sales team and I had a fine interaction and we had no troubles also.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We got a Payline credit card machine and the sales rep Ron was very good. He gave me all the information he could. However, I'm still trying to get more information that I haven't gotten and since the sales is done he might not call me back. Once we started accepting cards, it would help to have a better understanding of the percentage we are paying for American Express or Visa and others. American Express said Payline contacted them and said I was a customer and I would be able to see my rates, but I have not been able to find out what rate American Express charges me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We first heard about Payline through another company that we were prior to what we are now. They're really prompt with getting us what we need and very helpful with everything else that we need to deal with. We don't have to wait for anything so that's always a good thing especially when I need stuff done right away.

Hello Conor,

Thank you for leaving a review about Payline! We are happy to have you as a customer and are excited to be a part of your business's success.

We see ourselves as a part of your team. Therefore, we want to make sure we are people you want to reach out to when you have an issue with your credit card processing. If you do have issues in the future, we hope that the experience is easy and that we solve your problem quickly and accurately.

If you have any additional feedback, please feel free to email us at support@paylinedata.com.

David

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I liked Payline Data's rate and they were able to get the service set up very fast so they did a good job. The credit card industry in general is extremely convoluted. They're not easy people to deal with especially when one has a problem, but the whole process with Payline Data was easy and transparent. The sales rep that I did have was very good. She answered all my questions.

Hello Michael,

Thank you for the feedback. We have since received confirmation that both terminals have reached you. We apologize for the delay in getting this issue resolved.

As a result of not being able to process in December, we are happy to refund the minimum bill that was charged to you. We will send a private response with those refund details.

If you have any further concerns or questions, please email support@paylinedata.com.

David

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

I have called and emailed multiple times, I never get a call back. I called twice yesterday and was told both times I would get called back and never did. I sent my Credit Card Terminals to Pauline November 15 almost two months ago and still don't have them back. I am beyond frustrated with this company.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

For a month now, we've been using Payline Data for the cheaper fees. We had a rocky start, though. We had five batches of deposits that did not go into the account. They thought maybe because the time and date stamp were off on the machine by 12 hours. But they took all that information. For the most part, we've resolved that and things seem to have smoothed out now.

Interactions with their sales rep was fine, but now, we've had some interactions with tech support that were not so fine. When we call tech support, we would get somebody on the phone and they would tell us to hold but then all of a sudden, we're routed to, "Please give us a survey about how we did." This is while we're not getting the issue resolved. We call back and somebody else would say something. We call back during the day the next day and someone else would tell us something else.

One problem we have with this machine that they really should look at fixing is when we run a card for $100 and there's only $80 on the card, it will go ahead and draft the $80 right then and there. That's not helpful to us. We can't void it and we have to go back in and put the money back into that account for that person. The problem is that the money may not go into that account for a few days. One person recommended that we unplug the machine and plug it back in again. But we're still struggling with this issue and we're going to wait and see how things pan out. If we continue to have trouble with that, we'll probably go back to our old merchant service person. The last communication we had from Payline was their machine can't do that and they don't know when it will be able to.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I run a catering business and we do offsite catering. I use Payline to have the ability to process credit card transactions online. My clients would sign the contract and the credit card authorization for which they send to them so I could process it. Payline worked out well for the type of business that I run. But, when I just opened the account, I had a large amount that I wanted to process and it was difficult because they were at the mercy of the banks. I usually have one to three transactions a week in large quantities and it's not too many. We had to jump through all kinds of hoops to be able to do it. I had the credit card authorization form, the signed contract, and I gave the clients contact and phone number and everything, but the entire process took more than two weeks to process which made me look like unprofessional in front of my client. They had to reach out to my client to prove that I'm not a thief which was disappointing.

There was this period three days before Thanksgiving, the salesperson that we're dealing with told me that everything is good to go, but I wasn't able to process because the amount was large. Then on the last day, I got a little pissed and even yelled at the manager because it was just dragging on. He told me that the bank needed all these additional information and got their hands tied. It was really frustrating because it wasn't processed until after Thanksgiving. I know that the bank makes a lot of the decisions but at that time, I was processing $17,000. So I told the salesperson and the manager that my credit card transactions would be more than $3,500 all the time and they told me that I have to go through this process and provide all these proofs which they have to send to the bank every single time.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Payline Data has been great so far. I did have a little trouble with getting on the machine but there was a guy named Eric who helped me. He’s a great guy and he followed up a few times just to make sure everything was okay and got on to the credit card machine just fine. My money has been transferred into my account so I'm happy. It took a little longer than everybody else, but I think that was my side of it because of the credit union. As a hairstylist, I like that Payline Data takes less with my money so that’s something positive. They've got very friendly reps, too. I recommend Payline Data.

Hello Kirby,

Thank you for the feedback!

We have sent you a private response regarding this matter. Please respond to let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you!

David

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

The reviews that I read online about Payline Data were for the most part pretty good. However, there is absolutely no common sense with anybody beyond the sales team. As a matter of fact, I sent an email to my salesman that I found a new credit card processor and I am running away from Payline as fast as I possibly can. I have never been so disappointed. I have never in my wildest dreams dreamt that I could deal with such incompetence, belligerence, and stubbornness. I have nothing good to say about Payline Data to anybody who asks me about them. I have never made such a horrible mistake in my life as choosing Payline Data. It has been a complete and total disaster from the first time I started processing credit cards until I pulled the pin to get rid of them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Andy from Payline helped me through everything and put in a great recommendation from Little Buckeroo Construction to his boss. He helped us out tremendously. The only thing that confused me is when they ran my first deduction for my 2% which came in as merchant processing.

The rep that we were working with from Payline was very helpful. We had to talk to him to work through something. Our first night we were open, we were trying to figure out how to do the swiper and we did call somebody and they walked us through it. Most people also book online so we don't really have a whole lot that we'd have to deal with it. And it works out good that way.

I saw in Merchant Maverick that Payline Data was top-rated so I decided to give them a try. I applied online and got contacted by their sales rep. Everything was good. There hasn’t been any additional fees that were unexpected, and everything seems to be going as detailed in the beginning. It's useful, and so far, it has been a positive experience.

My wife did some research and found Payline Data online. We got their mobile payment service and I like the convenience of being able to process the payment from the mobile device. I need to be able to send a link to my customers, though, so that they can pay directly however they want to process a card payment. It was a little unclear on how to get that process done. But for the most part, interactions have been good with the guys at Payline Data. They’ve been helpful.

We initially used PayPal but it didn't work for the business because we’re getting bigger transactions and looking for more traditional credit card companies, we found Payline Data through Google and saw that part of their profits get donated. Their sales people were very helpful, patient, and nice. Everything else, such as the information they needed and the back and forth communication, was pretty quick. We got their credit card processing services and the mobile terminal, and we're six weeks into it.

For the most part, they’re easy to get a hold of. There were a couple of issues with the password a few times in my merchant data, and their customer service reps were pretty quick in that. It's the same for some of the questions on deposit, batch times and everything else. They’ve been very helpful. It is the matter, though, of getting used to a different program and format when it comes to my merchant data and looking for some of the batches. So far, we’ve been happy with everything Payline Data has done. We like the communication and the time with which they get back with answers.

Payline had the better rate among merchants service companies in a list of options we were given when we were researching stuff for our website. Moreover, they let you do month to month on your stuff, whereas other companies get you into a long-term contract. If we wanted to switch, they were more flexible. It was fine with their sales team during the purchasing process. We got the merchant services for the mobile device, the terminal in the store, and the website, three different ways for people to pay.

However, the Payline guys sent out the wrong equipment, and it took a little bit to get that straightened out. In addition, they messed up some stuff when they were setting up our system, so the system didn't work in the first week that we had it, and that was disappointing and frustrating. They did fix the system eventually, but we had to use an alternative method while it hadn't been fixed yet, and this ended costing me more money. But other than that, so far the system has been working fine.

Payline Data had a very simple description of their product online and they said they charge very low fees so I gave them a call and the whole process was very simple. The salesperson was straightforward. He had a very clear explanation of how Payline will charge us, how the thing would work, and then he told me how to set up the account. It was good and there were no hoops and loops to jump in.

We got a retail credit card reader terminal from them. I haven't used it that much but so far, it was easy to set up. There were no glitches compared to my prior one. They have after-hour support desk, so I was able to call them on a Sunday. They were responsive and knowledgeable. However, they sent me a cable that was not functioning. I called them and they told me that I had to call my cable provider, Comcast, to figure out that it was actually the cable that was the problem. So I had to personally get a cable and switch it out. I'm okay without them sending me the cable. But if they sent me something, I’d assume that it would work with the system I have. But other than that, I thought everything else was great about them.

Payline Data Company Profile