toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were referred to Payline and I looked them up and they had good reviews. So, I went with them. The sales team was easy to deal with and my transaction with them went smoothly. We bought the terminals and Payline has good rates. There was a woman from Payline that called and helped me set up the terminal.

None people found this review helpful

Payline offered services which were better fit for my business. Every person from their team who I talked to answered my questions and did a good job. Though I haven't used them that much, I like their support and being able to do stuff on my own and knowing that they're there if I need any help or have any questions. Overall, I'm satisfied with the really good customer service and Payline's ease of use.

None people found this review helpful

Payline Data did a good job. Their sales team have been very helpful and courteous as well. We do the credit card processing online because members will fill out their information if they're gonna give, and then we put it in. We like the fact that Payline emails the member with their confirmation. However, our web team chose not to use them as it's been a little bit complicated for our website so Payline might streamline that a little bit more.

None people found this review helpful

I've been looking at different merchant companies, for what would be the best for my business structure as far as fees and monthly tax are concerned and Payline Data fit my needs the best. Their sales team was very friendly and did a great job setting me up. I'm very familiar with the merchant process, so I didn't ask too many questions. But even if I wasn't, I think they would've done a good job too. I like the product even though I haven't got a chance to use the actual card setup yet. I also like the way the app was set up, what it tracks for a basic merchant. The only issue was with billing. They have double-charged me twice now due to a system problem. It's $35 here and $10 there, which is not a big deal, and my business is so small that I couldn't put effort towards that.

None people found this review helpful

I just got started using the online merchant services from Payline Data. I went with them because of their processing fees and they had no monthly fees. Customer service is very helpful and my interaction with them went well.

None people found this review helpful

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Payline Data?

Hello Scott,

Payline has investigated the issue. Risk holds are common practice in our industry to protect both the consumer and the merchant acquirer (processing bank). No sales person should ever tell a merchant that they are immune to a risk hold. I believe your sales person may have misunderstood what you were asking them. Payline is looking into that issue. In the credit card processing industry the payment processor's acquiring bank will enforce "risk holds" for certain types of transactions. The majority of those "holds" occur when processing a keyed in transaction for a much larger amount than what the merchant's average ticket size is. Any and all merchants are subject to "risk holds" at any time if the rules pertaining to their merchant account have been fractured knowingly or unknowingly. We realize that mistakes do happen and merchants may not fully understand the implications and rules of their account when they first start processing. Payline does offer 24 hour technical support, but "risk holds" may only be addressed during normal business hours M-F 8am-5pm central standard time. If there is a malfunction with your terminal or card reader please call our technical support line. Please know that Payline values constructive criticism and we wish nothing but great success for our merchants and your business in the future.

Sincerely,

Payline Data

Original review: Sept. 12, 2016

We specifically asked if we would have funds held, and they assured us it wouldn't be an issue for us. They also said we would need to call for authorization on large charges and that they would be available on weekends. For our first large sale, the transaction was declined due to the customer being from out of state. She called her bank and they spoke with me and put it through. The equipment didn't work and I had to manually enter it. Because of the initial declining and the manual entry, they held our funds. I asked for more information and he couldn't give it, and I asked for a supervisor and none were available.

None people found this review helpful

I have a very, very simple business model that has me charging people's credit cards for a monthly subscription, so there's no bricks and mortars, and no swiping of cards. I can invoice them and they put in their credit card information or they can give it to me and I can charge them directly. A few emails and a couple of conversations with the sales team were good and positive. Plus, I needed to speak with somebody after I've put through a few transactions. They walked me through the thing, helped to resolve whatever problems, and those were positive. They, however, could put a little more information into their instructions for the customers. Nonetheless, I like the low fees, and Payline is pretty simple to use.

None people found this review helpful

We’ve been having our processes through the bank for a while now, but they’ve been overcharging us by a lot. We’d had people come in and try to get us to sign contracts, but the whole processor sales aspect put me off on it. We ended up staying with the processor that we have for longer than we should’ve, because someone came into our business and tried to get us to sign a contract that had a $600 cancellation fee and all these hidden charges. Then saying, “Oh, I’ll add this on to the contract.” That says these things don’t apply in the contract. It says the only things that will apply are what is labeled in this contract. These shady business practices kept us with the processor that we were using.

So I did my research and saw that Payline had great reviews. I liked their clear-cut rate schedule, their low rates and that there's no shadiness involved with them. When I saw the contract, I read it over and it was fine. So we got their chip compliant credit card machine, as well as their processing service. Their salesperson did a good job. Not trying too hard sell me on it. He just gave me straight facts. That is why I went with them. From what I can see, the money’s going in like it should be.

So far, I’ve only contacted customer service twice. Once was to get the tracking number for the credit card machine that was being shipped to us. Then we got it before the end of the month. So that was good. But I still blame FedEx since they ship really slowly which I don’t like. I strongly suggest that Payline move away from FedEx. In my experience, they’re not great to do business with. I got the tracking number and it took longer than it needed to, but it was after business hours so I understand. Some of the technical support guys don’t have access to the actual account information. The second time I contacted them was to do a test transaction on the machine that I had just picked up and that went through.

Hello Frank,

Payline does it's absolute best to provide fair and ethical payment solutions for businesses. We have investigated your experience. Providing a merchant account to a business comes with a set of rules and regulations from Payline and our risk department. As a brand new merchant, it is extremely important the merchant understands the rules and regulations pertaining to it's business type in the fashion that the merchant wishes to take credit cards. Those specific rules and regulations are iterated to you in your approval status from our on-boarding team when granted an account. If those rules are fractured and not adhered to in sequence (after a warning), the merchant runs the risk of having it's funds held for an investigation. If the merchant chooses not to comply with the investigation and continues breaking the rules, the account is then terminated. This is the practice of all risk departments in the credit card payments industry and is processor agnostic. It is never Payline's intention to cause a business discomfort or disruption. I wish you a better experience in the future.

Regards,

Payline Data

Original review: Sept. 8, 2016

This has been the absolute worst experience I have ever had with a company. They were dishonest, the continually lied to me about the whole process. I was told one thing when I signed up and told a completely different story when my account got enacted. They processed a few transactions and then held upwards of $9,000.00 of my money for days without letting me know in advance. Steer clear of this company!!! They are BAD!!! NOT GOOD!!!! STAY AWAY!!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I talked to two different credit card processing company. Payline was offering me the quickest, easiest, fastest hookup. They were also local and near the area so I chose them since I wanted to deal with a local company. Their sales team was very professional, concise, to the point and quick. I got the terminal and processing. Payline produced the product as described. It was delivered on time and worked perfectly right out of the box. They told me how to get it started, explained the situation, and did exactly what they advertised and said they would do. I'd recommend Payline all the way.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used Bank of America's merchant services. They were charging me up the wazoo for everything. So, I got online and went through this website that rated all the credit card acceptance programs and how much they cost. I needed something that was more for big orders, like $500. I needed a set rate for the percentage that they were going to charge for me to do my credit card processing. I found out through this website that Payline Data did that and that they were the most affordable.

When I got it, I didn’t have really any instructions. So I called and they had someone on the phone in two seconds and got everything running for me. I got this $300 credit card reader that was all right. I didn’t know that I could’ve bought my own and just used it. It was impossible to get them to get a hold of my banker. I still use Bank of America but I don’t use their merchant services, which was a problem. It took a month to get it going, but their worker, Ryan, was really awesome. He went above and beyond to make sure that I got everything going. So far, I like everything about it and I don’t have to do anything. It’s really nice.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My experience with the Payline Data customer service has been great. As compared to PayPal, it’s been night and day difference. PayPal has horrible customer service. It couldn’t get any worse.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've read that Payline Data was good for a small business. Everything went smoothly with their sales team when I got a terminal from them and they had a lot lower fees than another provider. The lady at customer service also answered my questions.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We went through a few different costs, but ultimately, it was Payline’s high reviews that made us choose them. We had their credit card processing and did a retail terminal. It’s all set up but we’re a brand new business and haven’t had any retail sales with a credit card yet. Overall, it was an easy and simple experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Supplements are considered high risk because it creates a lot of charges through payments. People with recurring pain sign up or get their first bottle free and they get charged $80-$90. But I felt that Payline Data was willing to work with me. I needed to get an account for supplements and they helped me out in figuring out what's the best way to get that done. I looked into different options, they got me the account that I needed, and they got my e-commerce payment solution set up. The pricing they gave me was really good and everything was to be smooth.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I searched about credit card processing online and Payline was one of the 10 best credit card companies. I only found two bad reviews with them. Their sales team was pretty good and I ended up buying a swiper which is a credit card terminal. I like the simplicity of the way they do things. I use a smart phone to do the credit card purchasing and debit it for my customers and that’s really easy to use and quick to do.

For a reason, we're expecting delays in getting our deposits through to our bank. I've noticed that if you push that for 3:00 o’clock, most of the companies deposit the day after that. If you do it before 3:00, they deposit the following day. And these companies take three to four days to reimburse our money. I've used another company in the past and it usually takes about 24 hours at most. I talked with their customer service. We did a lot of transactions because we have an air testing company. We package in a central conditioning and they are expensive. We did a transaction for $3,000 and they're taking a little bit longer to deposit. They want to reveal and make sure we are legit.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was deciding who to use for my merchant account and read a review of Payline Data on Forbes. After calling them, I liked what their company was about. I love their customer service. Everybody who I have talked to has been really great. They're friendly and very helpful. They were also persistent in getting my account set up.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We liked Payline Data's price compared to others and bought their Gateway and e-commerce service. Their sales team had a high level of knowledge of their products, but their underwriter didn't.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Based on my online search of different merchants that process credit card payments, Payline Data was the best. I also found that they have low rates per transaction. Tony from the sales team was very good and did try his best. I feel like the final process could be approved. It's a little lengthy and they take a little long. And he did run into some trouble after the fact, but I don’t believe it's beyond Payline’s control.

We haven’t had the chance to use it for more than a week or so, but there with issues on default with paying up. One time I was on the phone for over an hour and had somebody come back on the line. The customer service then told me that department was closed. So basically the reason why we don’t have a Payline account right now is because I was told that Payline finds the merchant and deal with a third party who actually does the credit card processing but ran into some trouble in opening the application and got the application approved. But then a couple of weeks into it, our account was closed and we did some more research and the business that was actually doing the credit card processing explained that it was a fraudulent transaction.

We explained to Tony, who opened our account, what our business is. We do HVAC and contracting so we have clients that put on 50% for the job so we can order parts and materials and then they played for other 50% after the job is done to explain that we use the classic payment up to $5,000. I then had to deal with the customer service from the actual company that does the processing and that was essentially horrific and basically, our account was closed three weeks into it. So it's a little bit unfortunate. I've been busy working twice as long as I would likely have, but I don’t think there's much more that we could do.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife got two different options for credit card processing and chose Payline Data because the percent of the charge on the credit card was lower than that of other companies. However, I just want to resolve this problem because my machine is supposed to arrive on Friday and it arrived on Monday. Sunday, I got a couple of boats out. I don’t want to lose business and that’s why I gather my client’s information and everything. I typed the card and it was approved. My clients sign me the invoice. I already sent the cut for Payline. I spoke to somebody from Payline and I have to send the invoice and my client’s information for investigation to see if everything is good. They know the transaction was fine to my clients and that’s who we leave the money. Hopefully, they're supposed to call me to let me know everything is fine.

For the first dates, I'm very happy with everything. Hopefully, it will continue like that and this is the most important because my company has a yacht business and I sell to very high-end people here in Brazil. I got an office in Brazil also and I know how to keep my business in top high-end quality, good service, and not to get unamazing feedback all the time. In addition, customer service is very friendly and everybody asked me if I have any questions or help. They tried very hard to resolve the problem.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Shopping for a new credit card processing company and looking at ratings and reviews, Payline seemed to have the least negative reviews. I worked with Matthew from their sales team and he's really, really good. Then Zach got me all set up, very confident. I've actually even added Zach into my LinkedIn network. He is just absolutely a top notch young man. And for me, customer service is everything so he hit the ball out of the park. The couple of questions I threw at him that he wasn't sure about, he got his supervisor in.

The supervisor was also extremely confident and very knowledgeable. They made the process very easy. This is my fourth credit card company and I'm the most pleased with my interaction with them. Moreover, I like how clear-cut and straight to the point their pricing is. A lot of the other programs have a fee for everything else so they hide their pricing and I like to know what it is upfront. I also like the fact that I have really a lot more control over my accounts and over my users that I do from the other companies I've worked with.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

With Payline, I had a quick turnaround with the money being deposited and the rates were outstanding. Sales rep Corey was awesome in the beginning, but he then let me down. He hasn't returned any of my phone calls and emails. I had to call India to get in touch with somebody. I spent an hour with the technical team on the phone and then they transferred me to the Indian guy, Michael, for my reference number and he was so helpful. He was able to help answer a lot of questions. However, it's very embarrassing that Payline asks for a tip even before the credit card is put in them. It's weird and awkward when a Payline staff goes "Oh, sir, I can't total it yet because the tip..." I'm sure there is a way to change that. There's a couple of minor complaints but it's nothing overall. I'd still recommend Payline.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got Payline's retail terminal. I have it for about five days now and I don't get my deposits in my bank as fast as I'd like. I needed my clock set on the terminal and they did that real quick. Their customer service was responsive and they give a call back. My experience was very good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Payline's pricing was good to work with for our small business. Ryan was the rep who I talked to and he was great. We ended up with the online merchant services. There haven’t been any issues so far and the experience has been great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I read a positive article about Payline Data through the internet and the rate seemed reasonable so I signed up online. Somebody named Tyler from Payline called me up and asked for a lot of additional pieces of data to prove that we are who we are. He was nice about it but I was a little surprised at the level of scrutiny and what it took to get it set up. I've only had Payline for three weeks and had four credit card transactions but I like the fact that it worked.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking for ratings and Payline Data came up as number one. Their sales team answered all my questions and I had many. We chatted on the phone and on email several times and it worked out fine. I use the mobile payment and I also purchased the swiper and chip reader that tells you anything.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased Payline's credit card processing services. I like their price the most, and they supposedly have a more transparent pay structure or cost, like how they calculate costs. Their customer service, when you can get them on the phone, is pretty decent. But sometimes, it's hard to reach them. I've had problems, and sometimes you have to call them a couple of times to remind them to do some things. But they're nice when I talked to them. For those looking for credit card processing at a good price, I would recommend Payline for that.

Expert Review

Beverly HarzogCredit Cards Contributing Editor

Beverly Harzog is a nationally-recognized credit card expert, consumer advocate and author. She’s appeared on Fox News, CNN Newsource, NBC New York and more. Her advice has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Money Magazine, CNNMoney.com, The New York Times, Kiplinger, Real Simple, Time.com, Family Circle and much more.    More about Beverly→

Payline Data works with merchants and businesses to provide solutions for their credit card processing needs. Payline Data integrates with your existing platform and can also allow for mobile payments using a mobile reader or on your business’s app.

• Schedule appointments and make payments remotely: Payline is partnered with Occasion to empower your customers to book their next appointment or visit from anywhere at anytime. This tool also allows your customers to make payments, helping merchants achieve 65 to 80 percent conversion rates.
  • Transparent pricing: Payline’s pricing structure is clearly outlined on their website and is available in retail, online and enterprise packages. Retail and online packages cost 10 cents per transaction and $15 per month, and retail has a rate of .2 percent while online has a rate of .35 percent. Enterprise solutions are available for businesses that process more than $80,000 in credit card payments per month.
  • No extra fees: Payline doesn’t charge additional fees for application, cancellation or contracts, so you will never be caught off guard.
  • Nonprofit discount: Nonprofit and other charitable organizations are eligible to use Payline’s platform at a discounted rate. In addition, Payline offers grants to charitable and nonprofit organizations.
  • Community: Payline customers can find quick answers to questions and connect with other business owners on Payline’s online forum. Their knowledge base answers common questions, and the community forum allows for discussion and engagement with businesses in all types of industries.
  • Best for Payline Data is best for brick-and-mortar businesses, online retailers and mobile merchants.

Payline Data Company Profile