toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My partner and I recently purchased a business, and were looking to save a little money. We both searched the internet and talked to people whom we knew are in the business, and Payline kept coming up. They're rated very highly, and their sales team was very good. I was contacted via email by a rep, and we spoke over the phone three times. He was very efficient and friendly. Now, I'm using a Payline machine, and it's very easy to use. I started out on a phone line and it was not working out too well. The customer service seems to be a little hard to get hold of during business hours, but I figured that out by coming in early one morning and catching them before business hours, so I caught the after-hours team. I switched from using a telephone line to Ethernet. It's been smooth sailing ever since. They have great hardware and an efficient system. Overall I'm satisfied, and I would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were referred to Payline and I looked them up and they had good reviews. So, I went with them. The sales team was easy to deal with and my transaction with them went smoothly. We bought the terminals and Payline has good rates. There was a woman from Payline that called and helped me set up the terminal.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The person who takes care of our account liked Payline Data because, partly, it was over the internet instead of being attached to a phone line. I like that Payline is much faster than when you’re hooked to a landline. It’s been a smooth experience and that includes the transition.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I talked to a representative of Payline and we decided on a machine that we want and what kind of services we want on that machine, like food stamp. We just started about a couple of months back. However, when we installed the new machine, the technical team forgot to tell us that we need to adjust the timings on the machine. The time and the date stamp on the machine was a day older than the actual date and time. So for the first three days, whatever transactions we did, we got a big letter in the mail, one page for each and every transaction at two different locations, almost 150 pages of transactions that did not go through.

I had to call them back but they forwarded me to another company that they work with. And then they said that I need to fax all that back so they can run the transactions and it's going to take about 10 business days for me to get the money. And they won't accept it as a scan, I had to fax about 150 pages. It was a pretty bad experience. And if I had to go do it again, I would not go with Payline. But Payline has a better quote compared to other companies.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We did a lot of research through Google online about different credit card processing services and since we're a nonprofit organization we were looking for a credit card gateway provider that had good rates. We saw that the customer service of Payline and their ratings were all for the most part positive. The gentleman that also helped us set up our account originally was a perfect sales rep. He was very informative and knowledgeable. He answered all of our questions very well and was pretty laid back and we felt very comfortable with everything he was telling us about the services that Payline offers.

We wanted to integrate the credit card gateway onto one of our nonprofit organizational websites, so we signed up for the gateway and we also needed the credit card merchant processing, as well. We're pretty happy and satisfied. We haven’t gotten a chance to use all of it because we're working with our own web developers to get it enabled onto our website, but so far they’ve been great and they're doing a great job.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Payline Data?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking at the different rates available and it looked like Payline Data was the most competitive, so I went to the cardfellow.com and signed on to start an account with Payline. However there was an issue with the initial set up. I used the machine to swipe the cards on the first day and the next day, I walked in the office and my account was closed because the underwriting team made an error. It was a big debacle and it took about a week to get everything sorted out. But the customer service team was able to help as much as possible and they've been responsive. It was quite difficult in the beginning but things are a little bit smoother now and I'm happy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Payline Data has reasonable rates which I like most about the system. The sales team and I had a fine interaction and we had no troubles also.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We got a Payline credit card machine and the sales rep Ron was very good. He gave me all the information he could. However, I'm still trying to get more information that I haven't gotten and since the sales is done he might not call me back. Once we started accepting cards, it would help to have a better understanding of the percentage we are paying for American Express or Visa and others. American Express said Payline contacted them and said I was a customer and I would be able to see my rates, but I have not been able to find out what rate American Express charges me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We first heard about Payline through another company that we were prior to what we are now. They're really prompt with getting us what we need and very helpful with everything else that we need to deal with. We don't have to wait for anything so that's always a good thing especially when I need stuff done right away.

Hello Conor,

Thank you for leaving a review about Payline! We are happy to have you as a customer and are excited to be a part of your business's success.

We see ourselves as a part of your team. Therefore, we want to make sure we are people you want to reach out to when you have an issue with your credit card processing. If you do have issues in the future, we hope that the experience is easy and that we solve your problem quickly and accurately.

If you have any additional feedback, please feel free to email us at support@paylinedata.com.

David

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I liked Payline Data's rate and they were able to get the service set up very fast so they did a good job. The credit card industry in general is extremely convoluted. They're not easy people to deal with especially when one has a problem, but the whole process with Payline Data was easy and transparent. The sales rep that I did have was very good. She answered all my questions.

Hello Michael,

Thank you for the feedback. We have since received confirmation that both terminals have reached you. We apologize for the delay in getting this issue resolved.

As a result of not being able to process in December, we are happy to refund the minimum bill that was charged to you. We will send a private response with those refund details.

If you have any further concerns or questions, please email support@paylinedata.com.

David

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

I have called and emailed multiple times, I never get a call back. I called twice yesterday and was told both times I would get called back and never did. I sent my Credit Card Terminals to Pauline November 15 almost two months ago and still don't have them back. I am beyond frustrated with this company.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

For a month now, we've been using Payline Data for the cheaper fees. We had a rocky start, though. We had five batches of deposits that did not go into the account. They thought maybe because the time and date stamp were off on the machine by 12 hours. But they took all that information. For the most part, we've resolved that and things seem to have smoothed out now.

Interactions with their sales rep was fine, but now, we've had some interactions with tech support that were not so fine. When we call tech support, we would get somebody on the phone and they would tell us to hold but then all of a sudden, we're routed to, "Please give us a survey about how we did." This is while we're not getting the issue resolved. We call back and somebody else would say something. We call back during the day the next day and someone else would tell us something else.

One problem we have with this machine that they really should look at fixing is when we run a card for $100 and there's only $80 on the card, it will go ahead and draft the $80 right then and there. That's not helpful to us. We can't void it and we have to go back in and put the money back into that account for that person. The problem is that the money may not go into that account for a few days. One person recommended that we unplug the machine and plug it back in again. But we're still struggling with this issue and we're going to wait and see how things pan out. If we continue to have trouble with that, we'll probably go back to our old merchant service person. The last communication we had from Payline was their machine can't do that and they don't know when it will be able to.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I run a catering business and we do offsite catering. I use Payline to have the ability to process credit card transactions online. My clients would sign the contract and the credit card authorization for which they send to them so I could process it. Payline worked out well for the type of business that I run. But, when I just opened the account, I had a large amount that I wanted to process and it was difficult because they were at the mercy of the banks. I usually have one to three transactions a week in large quantities and it's not too many. We had to jump through all kinds of hoops to be able to do it. I had the credit card authorization form, the signed contract, and I gave the clients contact and phone number and everything, but the entire process took more than two weeks to process which made me look like unprofessional in front of my client. They had to reach out to my client to prove that I'm not a thief which was disappointing.

There was this period three days before Thanksgiving, the salesperson that we're dealing with told me that everything is good to go, but I wasn't able to process because the amount was large. Then on the last day, I got a little pissed and even yelled at the manager because it was just dragging on. He told me that the bank needed all these additional information and got their hands tied. It was really frustrating because it wasn't processed until after Thanksgiving. I know that the bank makes a lot of the decisions but at that time, I was processing $17,000. So I told the salesperson and the manager that my credit card transactions would be more than $3,500 all the time and they told me that I have to go through this process and provide all these proofs which they have to send to the bank every single time.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Payline Data has been great so far. I did have a little trouble with getting on the machine but there was a guy named Eric who helped me. He’s a great guy and he followed up a few times just to make sure everything was okay and got on to the credit card machine just fine. My money has been transferred into my account so I'm happy. It took a little longer than everybody else, but I think that was my side of it because of the credit union. As a hairstylist, I like that Payline Data takes less with my money so that’s something positive. They've got very friendly reps, too. I recommend Payline Data.

Hello Kirby,

Thank you for the feedback!

We have sent you a private response regarding this matter. Please respond to let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you!

David

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

The reviews that I read online about Payline Data were for the most part pretty good. However, there is absolutely no common sense with anybody beyond the sales team. As a matter of fact, I sent an email to my salesman that I found a new credit card processor and I am running away from Payline as fast as I possibly can. I have never been so disappointed. I have never in my wildest dreams dreamt that I could deal with such incompetence, belligerence, and stubbornness. I have nothing good to say about Payline Data to anybody who asks me about them. I have never made such a horrible mistake in my life as choosing Payline Data. It has been a complete and total disaster from the first time I started processing credit cards until I pulled the pin to get rid of them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Andy from Payline helped me through everything and put in a great recommendation from Little Buckeroo Construction to his boss. He helped us out tremendously. The only thing that confused me is when they ran my first deduction for my 2% which came in as merchant processing.

The rep that we were working with from Payline was very helpful. We had to talk to him to work through something. Our first night we were open, we were trying to figure out how to do the swiper and we did call somebody and they walked us through it. Most people also book online so we don't really have a whole lot that we'd have to deal with it. And it works out good that way.

I saw in Merchant Maverick that Payline Data was top-rated so I decided to give them a try. I applied online and got contacted by their sales rep. Everything was good. There hasn’t been any additional fees that were unexpected, and everything seems to be going as detailed in the beginning. It's useful, and so far, it has been a positive experience.

My wife did some research and found Payline Data online. We got their mobile payment service and I like the convenience of being able to process the payment from the mobile device. I need to be able to send a link to my customers, though, so that they can pay directly however they want to process a card payment. It was a little unclear on how to get that process done. But for the most part, interactions have been good with the guys at Payline Data. They’ve been helpful.

We initially used PayPal but it didn't work for the business because we’re getting bigger transactions and looking for more traditional credit card companies, we found Payline Data through Google and saw that part of their profits get donated. Their sales people were very helpful, patient, and nice. Everything else, such as the information they needed and the back and forth communication, was pretty quick. We got their credit card processing services and the mobile terminal, and we're six weeks into it.

For the most part, they’re easy to get a hold of. There were a couple of issues with the password a few times in my merchant data, and their customer service reps were pretty quick in that. It's the same for some of the questions on deposit, batch times and everything else. They’ve been very helpful. It is the matter, though, of getting used to a different program and format when it comes to my merchant data and looking for some of the batches. So far, we’ve been happy with everything Payline Data has done. We like the communication and the time with which they get back with answers.

Payline had the better rate among merchants service companies in a list of options we were given when we were researching stuff for our website. Moreover, they let you do month to month on your stuff, whereas other companies get you into a long-term contract. If we wanted to switch, they were more flexible. It was fine with their sales team during the purchasing process. We got the merchant services for the mobile device, the terminal in the store, and the website, three different ways for people to pay.

However, the Payline guys sent out the wrong equipment, and it took a little bit to get that straightened out. In addition, they messed up some stuff when they were setting up our system, so the system didn't work in the first week that we had it, and that was disappointing and frustrating. They did fix the system eventually, but we had to use an alternative method while it hadn't been fixed yet, and this ended costing me more money. But other than that, so far the system has been working fine.

Payline Data had a very simple description of their product online and they said they charge very low fees so I gave them a call and the whole process was very simple. The salesperson was straightforward. He had a very clear explanation of how Payline will charge us, how the thing would work, and then he told me how to set up the account. It was good and there were no hoops and loops to jump in.

We got a retail credit card reader terminal from them. I haven't used it that much but so far, it was easy to set up. There were no glitches compared to my prior one. They have after-hour support desk, so I was able to call them on a Sunday. They were responsive and knowledgeable. However, they sent me a cable that was not functioning. I called them and they told me that I had to call my cable provider, Comcast, to figure out that it was actually the cable that was the problem. So I had to personally get a cable and switch it out. I'm okay without them sending me the cable. But if they sent me something, I’d assume that it would work with the system I have. But other than that, I thought everything else was great about them.

I have been very happy with Payline Data from their first sales approach through our actual use of them as our merchant service. Their sales rep was very thorough and patient in helping me understand fees that are charged when comparing multiple merchant providers. He assured me the switch would be painless and it was! I received the new machines fully load so all I really had to do was plug them in compared to previous providers where I had to set up and download each machine. It's easy to get statements online and the customer service rep has been pretty helpful when needed.

I was pleasantly surprised to find a merchant services company and sales rep (Eric) to assist me in establishing credit card processing for my sole proprietorship. They went to the "nth" degree to help me. I received an immediate refund on the purchase of a item which I did not need. Compared how other such companies treated me, I can highly recommend you work with Payline Data.

We're a small company and we only do portal billing. So we don't have any terminals or card swipers. But a lot of our clients will call in if they want to pay one of their invoices by a credit card. So I had gone online to start researching for a different credit card processing company. I got three different quotes and we really felt that Payline Data was the best as far as fees that are charged and the protection that they supply with the 50K that goes with the PCI certification. Alisha, my first contact, was very friendly and informative. I would ask her questions and she had good answers. There wasn’t a lot of “Let’s look into this," or “I have to get back to you," or anything. Everything we discussed was what was on the merchant application. When I had a question when I was filling that out, I called her back and she explained it in detail.

Once she got us on board, we switched over to speaking to Amy and she did really good, too. I’ve received several emails from her and I've written back, “At this time we’re doing fine,” but she'd always respond with, “Please reach out if you have any questions.” So it’s been a good experience. I went online and took the little tutorials. One of the advantages of having Payline is that we can go back to our sales if a client calls in and says, “Well, you delivered the wrong product and so we want a credit on our account.” Previously, we would have to get the credit card information again. We do a chargeback, but very rarely, and on occasion we do, the ability to go back and see that transaction, pull it up, and then void from that original claim window is a good plus for our clients since we don't have to get the credit card information again.

Payline Data's biggest selling point was their rate set and they were a little more aggressive than other companies in trying to get us. Their sales team were easy to get a hold of when I went back and forth with them via email. We're now using Gateway, their card processing service.

I looked for credit card processing companies who had the best rates. I then called two of the three companies that were rated at the top. I then went with Payline because when I called them, Eric, the guy who talked to me, was nice, unlike the other company which was a phone answering machine hell. However, my credit card terminal showed up at my office even though I told Eric to send the equipment to our home because we can't receive stuff at the office. He said he changed the shipping address but he didn't. Finally, one of the neighbors picked it up and we eventually got it but it was a little bit of a hassle. Other than that, it's been fine.

Payline's service is cheaper than that of Wells Fargo, which was three times as high. I also had to pay Wells a couple of thousand dollars to lease on the equipment, while I bought my Payline equipment for $280. It's up-to-date, it works good and that's all I wanted. I just want to be able to run the card, and then get through without being too high-priced. I also like that I have it through an Ethernet line, rather than it being a wireless device because it goes a little faster. The money is in my account within the day and there are no troubles. I'm happy with Payline.

Payline offered services which were better fit for my business. Every person from their team who I talked to answered my questions and did a good job. Though I haven't used them that much, I like their support and being able to do stuff on my own and knowing that they're there if I need any help or have any questions. Overall, I'm satisfied with the really good customer service and Payline's ease of use.

Payline Data did a good job. Their sales team have been very helpful and courteous as well. We do the credit card processing online because members will fill out their information if they're gonna give, and then we put it in. We like the fact that Payline emails the member with their confirmation. However, our web team chose not to use them as it's been a little bit complicated for our website so Payline might streamline that a little bit more.

I've been looking at different merchant companies, for what would be the best for my business structure as far as fees and monthly tax are concerned and Payline Data fit my needs the best. Their sales team was very friendly and did a great job setting me up. I'm very familiar with the merchant process, so I didn't ask too many questions. But even if I wasn't, I think they would've done a good job too. I like the product even though I haven't got a chance to use the actual card setup yet. I also like the way the app was set up, what it tracks for a basic merchant. The only issue was with billing. They have double-charged me twice now due to a system problem. It's $35 here and $10 there, which is not a big deal, and my business is so small that I couldn't put effort towards that.

Payline Data Company Profile