toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My partner and I recently purchased a business, and were looking to save a little money. We both searched the internet and talked to people whom we knew are in the business, and Payline kept coming up. They're rated very highly, and their sales team was very good. I was contacted via email by a rep, and we spoke over the phone three times. He was very efficient and friendly. Now, I'm using a Payline machine, and it's very easy to use. I started out on a phone line and it was not working out too well. The customer service seems to be a little hard to get hold of during business hours, but I figured that out by coming in early one morning and catching them before business hours, so I caught the after-hours team. I switched from using a telephone line to Ethernet. It's been smooth sailing ever since. They have great hardware and an efficient system. Overall I'm satisfied, and I would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were referred to Payline and I looked them up and they had good reviews. So, I went with them. The sales team was easy to deal with and my transaction with them went smoothly. We bought the terminals and Payline has good rates. There was a woman from Payline that called and helped me set up the terminal.

The rep that we were working with from Payline was very helpful. We had to talk to him to work through something. Our first night we were open, we were trying to figure out how to do the swiper and we did call somebody and they walked us through it. Most people also book online so we don't really have a whole lot that we'd have to deal with it. And it works out good that way.

I saw in Merchant Maverick that Payline Data was top-rated so I decided to give them a try. I applied online and got contacted by their sales rep. Everything was good. There hasn’t been any additional fees that were unexpected, and everything seems to be going as detailed in the beginning. It's useful, and so far, it has been a positive experience.

My wife did some research and found Payline Data online. We got their mobile payment service and I like the convenience of being able to process the payment from the mobile device. I need to be able to send a link to my customers, though, so that they can pay directly however they want to process a card payment. It was a little unclear on how to get that process done. But for the most part, interactions have been good with the guys at Payline Data. They’ve been helpful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Payline Data?

We initially used PayPal but it didn't work for the business because we’re getting bigger transactions and looking for more traditional credit card companies, we found Payline Data through Google and saw that part of their profits get donated. Their sales people were very helpful, patient, and nice. Everything else, such as the information they needed and the back and forth communication, was pretty quick. We got their credit card processing services and the mobile terminal, and we're six weeks into it.

For the most part, they’re easy to get a hold of. There were a couple of issues with the password a few times in my merchant data, and their customer service reps were pretty quick in that. It's the same for some of the questions on deposit, batch times and everything else. They’ve been very helpful. It is the matter, though, of getting used to a different program and format when it comes to my merchant data and looking for some of the batches. So far, we’ve been happy with everything Payline Data has done. We like the communication and the time with which they get back with answers.

Payline had the better rate among merchants service companies in a list of options we were given when we were researching stuff for our website. Moreover, they let you do month to month on your stuff, whereas other companies get you into a long-term contract. If we wanted to switch, they were more flexible. It was fine with their sales team during the purchasing process. We got the merchant services for the mobile device, the terminal in the store, and the website, three different ways for people to pay.

However, the Payline guys sent out the wrong equipment, and it took a little bit to get that straightened out. In addition, they messed up some stuff when they were setting up our system, so the system didn't work in the first week that we had it, and that was disappointing and frustrating. They did fix the system eventually, but we had to use an alternative method while it hadn't been fixed yet, and this ended costing me more money. But other than that, so far the system has been working fine.

Payline Data had a very simple description of their product online and they said they charge very low fees so I gave them a call and the whole process was very simple. The salesperson was straightforward. He had a very clear explanation of how Payline will charge us, how the thing would work, and then he told me how to set up the account. It was good and there were no hoops and loops to jump in.

We got a retail credit card reader terminal from them. I haven't used it that much but so far, it was easy to set up. There were no glitches compared to my prior one. They have after-hour support desk, so I was able to call them on a Sunday. They were responsive and knowledgeable. However, they sent me a cable that was not functioning. I called them and they told me that I had to call my cable provider, Comcast, to figure out that it was actually the cable that was the problem. So I had to personally get a cable and switch it out. I'm okay without them sending me the cable. But if they sent me something, I’d assume that it would work with the system I have. But other than that, I thought everything else was great about them.

I have been very happy with Payline Data from their first sales approach through our actual use of them as our merchant service. Their sales rep was very thorough and patient in helping me understand fees that are charged when comparing multiple merchant providers. He assured me the switch would be painless and it was! I received the new machines fully load so all I really had to do was plug them in compared to previous providers where I had to set up and download each machine. It's easy to get statements online and the customer service rep has been pretty helpful when needed.

I was pleasantly surprised to find a merchant services company and sales rep (Eric) to assist me in establishing credit card processing for my sole proprietorship. They went to the "nth" degree to help me. I received an immediate refund on the purchase of a item which I did not need. Compared how other such companies treated me, I can highly recommend you work with Payline Data.

We're a small company and we only do portal billing. So we don't have any terminals or card swipers. But a lot of our clients will call in if they want to pay one of their invoices by a credit card. So I had gone online to start researching for a different credit card processing company. I got three different quotes and we really felt that Payline Data was the best as far as fees that are charged and the protection that they supply with the 50K that goes with the PCI certification. Alisha, my first contact, was very friendly and informative. I would ask her questions and she had good answers. There wasn’t a lot of “Let’s look into this," or “I have to get back to you," or anything. Everything we discussed was what was on the merchant application. When I had a question when I was filling that out, I called her back and she explained it in detail.

Once she got us on board, we switched over to speaking to Amy and she did really good, too. I’ve received several emails from her and I've written back, “At this time we’re doing fine,” but she'd always respond with, “Please reach out if you have any questions.” So it’s been a good experience. I went online and took the little tutorials. One of the advantages of having Payline is that we can go back to our sales if a client calls in and says, “Well, you delivered the wrong product and so we want a credit on our account.” Previously, we would have to get the credit card information again. We do a chargeback, but very rarely, and on occasion we do, the ability to go back and see that transaction, pull it up, and then void from that original claim window is a good plus for our clients since we don't have to get the credit card information again.

Payline Data's biggest selling point was their rate set and they were a little more aggressive than other companies in trying to get us. Their sales team were easy to get a hold of when I went back and forth with them via email. We're now using Gateway, their card processing service.

I looked for credit card processing companies who had the best rates. I then called two of the three companies that were rated at the top. I then went with Payline because when I called them, Eric, the guy who talked to me, was nice, unlike the other company which was a phone answering machine hell. However, my credit card terminal showed up at my office even though I told Eric to send the equipment to our home because we can't receive stuff at the office. He said he changed the shipping address but he didn't. Finally, one of the neighbors picked it up and we eventually got it but it was a little bit of a hassle. Other than that, it's been fine.

Payline's service is cheaper than that of Wells Fargo, which was three times as high. I also had to pay Wells a couple of thousand dollars to lease on the equipment, while I bought my Payline equipment for $280. It's up-to-date, it works good and that's all I wanted. I just want to be able to run the card, and then get through without being too high-priced. I also like that I have it through an Ethernet line, rather than it being a wireless device because it goes a little faster. The money is in my account within the day and there are no troubles. I'm happy with Payline.

Payline offered services which were better fit for my business. Every person from their team who I talked to answered my questions and did a good job. Though I haven't used them that much, I like their support and being able to do stuff on my own and knowing that they're there if I need any help or have any questions. Overall, I'm satisfied with the really good customer service and Payline's ease of use.

Payline Data did a good job. Their sales team have been very helpful and courteous as well. We do the credit card processing online because members will fill out their information if they're gonna give, and then we put it in. We like the fact that Payline emails the member with their confirmation. However, our web team chose not to use them as it's been a little bit complicated for our website so Payline might streamline that a little bit more.

I've been looking at different merchant companies, for what would be the best for my business structure as far as fees and monthly tax are concerned and Payline Data fit my needs the best. Their sales team was very friendly and did a great job setting me up. I'm very familiar with the merchant process, so I didn't ask too many questions. But even if I wasn't, I think they would've done a good job too. I like the product even though I haven't got a chance to use the actual card setup yet. I also like the way the app was set up, what it tracks for a basic merchant. The only issue was with billing. They have double-charged me twice now due to a system problem. It's $35 here and $10 there, which is not a big deal, and my business is so small that I couldn't put effort towards that.

I just got started using the online merchant services from Payline Data. I went with them because of their processing fees and they had no monthly fees. Customer service is very helpful and my interaction with them went well.

Hello Scott,

Payline has investigated the issue. Risk holds are common practice in our industry to protect both the consumer and the merchant acquirer (processing bank). No sales person should ever tell a merchant that they are immune to a risk hold. I believe your sales person may have misunderstood what you were asking them. Payline is looking into that issue. In the credit card processing industry the payment processor's acquiring bank will enforce "risk holds" for certain types of transactions. The majority of those "holds" occur when processing a keyed in transaction for a much larger amount than what the merchant's average ticket size is. Any and all merchants are subject to "risk holds" at any time if the rules pertaining to their merchant account have been fractured knowingly or unknowingly. We realize that mistakes do happen and merchants may not fully understand the implications and rules of their account when they first start processing. Payline does offer 24 hour technical support, but "risk holds" may only be addressed during normal business hours M-F 8am-5pm central standard time. If there is a malfunction with your terminal or card reader please call our technical support line. Please know that Payline values constructive criticism and we wish nothing but great success for our merchants and your business in the future.

Sincerely,

Payline Data

Original review: Sept. 12, 2016

We specifically asked if we would have funds held, and they assured us it wouldn't be an issue for us. They also said we would need to call for authorization on large charges and that they would be available on weekends. For our first large sale, the transaction was declined due to the customer being from out of state. She called her bank and they spoke with me and put it through. The equipment didn't work and I had to manually enter it. Because of the initial declining and the manual entry, they held our funds. I asked for more information and he couldn't give it, and I asked for a supervisor and none were available.

I have a very, very simple business model that has me charging people's credit cards for a monthly subscription, so there's no bricks and mortars, and no swiping of cards. I can invoice them and they put in their credit card information or they can give it to me and I can charge them directly. A few emails and a couple of conversations with the sales team were good and positive. Plus, I needed to speak with somebody after I've put through a few transactions. They walked me through the thing, helped to resolve whatever problems, and those were positive. They, however, could put a little more information into their instructions for the customers. Nonetheless, I like the low fees, and Payline is pretty simple to use.

We’ve been having our processes through the bank for a while now, but they’ve been overcharging us by a lot. We’d had people come in and try to get us to sign contracts, but the whole processor sales aspect put me off on it. We ended up staying with the processor that we have for longer than we should’ve, because someone came into our business and tried to get us to sign a contract that had a $600 cancellation fee and all these hidden charges. Then saying, “Oh, I’ll add this on to the contract.” That says these things don’t apply in the contract. It says the only things that will apply are what is labeled in this contract. These shady business practices kept us with the processor that we were using.

So I did my research and saw that Payline had great reviews. I liked their clear-cut rate schedule, their low rates and that there's no shadiness involved with them. When I saw the contract, I read it over and it was fine. So we got their chip compliant credit card machine, as well as their processing service. Their salesperson did a good job. Not trying too hard sell me on it. He just gave me straight facts. That is why I went with them. From what I can see, the money’s going in like it should be.

So far, I’ve only contacted customer service twice. Once was to get the tracking number for the credit card machine that was being shipped to us. Then we got it before the end of the month. So that was good. But I still blame FedEx since they ship really slowly which I don’t like. I strongly suggest that Payline move away from FedEx. In my experience, they’re not great to do business with. I got the tracking number and it took longer than it needed to, but it was after business hours so I understand. Some of the technical support guys don’t have access to the actual account information. The second time I contacted them was to do a test transaction on the machine that I had just picked up and that went through.

Hello Frank,

Payline does it's absolute best to provide fair and ethical payment solutions for businesses. We have investigated your experience. Providing a merchant account to a business comes with a set of rules and regulations from Payline and our risk department. As a brand new merchant, it is extremely important the merchant understands the rules and regulations pertaining to it's business type in the fashion that the merchant wishes to take credit cards. Those specific rules and regulations are iterated to you in your approval status from our on-boarding team when granted an account. If those rules are fractured and not adhered to in sequence (after a warning), the merchant runs the risk of having it's funds held for an investigation. If the merchant chooses not to comply with the investigation and continues breaking the rules, the account is then terminated. This is the practice of all risk departments in the credit card payments industry and is processor agnostic. It is never Payline's intention to cause a business discomfort or disruption. I wish you a better experience in the future.

Regards,

Payline Data

Original review: Sept. 8, 2016

This has been the absolute worst experience I have ever had with a company. They were dishonest, the continually lied to me about the whole process. I was told one thing when I signed up and told a completely different story when my account got enacted. They processed a few transactions and then held upwards of $9,000.00 of my money for days without letting me know in advance. Steer clear of this company!!! They are BAD!!! NOT GOOD!!!! STAY AWAY!!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I talked to two different credit card processing company. Payline was offering me the quickest, easiest, fastest hookup. They were also local and near the area so I chose them since I wanted to deal with a local company. Their sales team was very professional, concise, to the point and quick. I got the terminal and processing. Payline produced the product as described. It was delivered on time and worked perfectly right out of the box. They told me how to get it started, explained the situation, and did exactly what they advertised and said they would do. I'd recommend Payline all the way.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used Bank of America's merchant services. They were charging me up the wazoo for everything. So, I got online and went through this website that rated all the credit card acceptance programs and how much they cost. I needed something that was more for big orders, like $500. I needed a set rate for the percentage that they were going to charge for me to do my credit card processing. I found out through this website that Payline Data did that and that they were the most affordable.

When I got it, I didn’t have really any instructions. So I called and they had someone on the phone in two seconds and got everything running for me. I got this $300 credit card reader that was all right. I didn’t know that I could’ve bought my own and just used it. It was impossible to get them to get a hold of my banker. I still use Bank of America but I don’t use their merchant services, which was a problem. It took a month to get it going, but their worker, Ryan, was really awesome. He went above and beyond to make sure that I got everything going. So far, I like everything about it and I don’t have to do anything. It’s really nice.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My experience with the Payline Data customer service has been great. As compared to PayPal, it’s been night and day difference. PayPal has horrible customer service. It couldn’t get any worse.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've read that Payline Data was good for a small business. Everything went smoothly with their sales team when I got a terminal from them and they had a lot lower fees than another provider. The lady at customer service also answered my questions.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We went through a few different costs, but ultimately, it was Payline’s high reviews that made us choose them. We had their credit card processing and did a retail terminal. It’s all set up but we’re a brand new business and haven’t had any retail sales with a credit card yet. Overall, it was an easy and simple experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Supplements are considered high risk because it creates a lot of charges through payments. People with recurring pain sign up or get their first bottle free and they get charged $80-$90. But I felt that Payline Data was willing to work with me. I needed to get an account for supplements and they helped me out in figuring out what's the best way to get that done. I looked into different options, they got me the account that I needed, and they got my e-commerce payment solution set up. The pricing they gave me was really good and everything was to be smooth.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I searched about credit card processing online and Payline was one of the 10 best credit card companies. I only found two bad reviews with them. Their sales team was pretty good and I ended up buying a swiper which is a credit card terminal. I like the simplicity of the way they do things. I use a smart phone to do the credit card purchasing and debit it for my customers and that’s really easy to use and quick to do.

For a reason, we're expecting delays in getting our deposits through to our bank. I've noticed that if you push that for 3:00 o’clock, most of the companies deposit the day after that. If you do it before 3:00, they deposit the following day. And these companies take three to four days to reimburse our money. I've used another company in the past and it usually takes about 24 hours at most. I talked with their customer service. We did a lot of transactions because we have an air testing company. We package in a central conditioning and they are expensive. We did a transaction for $3,000 and they're taking a little bit longer to deposit. They want to reveal and make sure we are legit.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was deciding who to use for my merchant account and read a review of Payline Data on Forbes. After calling them, I liked what their company was about. I love their customer service. Everybody who I have talked to has been really great. They're friendly and very helpful. They were also persistent in getting my account set up.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We liked Payline Data's price compared to others and bought their Gateway and e-commerce service. Their sales team had a high level of knowledge of their products, but their underwriter didn't.

Payline Data Company Profile