toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My partner and I recently purchased a business, and were looking to save a little money. We both searched the internet and talked to people whom we knew are in the business, and Payline kept coming up. They're rated very highly, and their sales team was very good. I was contacted via email by a rep, and we spoke over the phone three times. He was very efficient and friendly. Now, I'm using a Payline machine, and it's very easy to use. I started out on a phone line and it was not working out too well. The customer service seems to be a little hard to get hold of during business hours, but I figured that out by coming in early one morning and catching them before business hours, so I caught the after-hours team. I switched from using a telephone line to Ethernet. It's been smooth sailing ever since. They have great hardware and an efficient system. Overall I'm satisfied, and I would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were referred to Payline and I looked them up and they had good reviews. So, I went with them. The sales team was easy to deal with and my transaction with them went smoothly. We bought the terminals and Payline has good rates. There was a woman from Payline that called and helped me set up the terminal.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I wanted to find a new company for credit card processing, I went online and searched a few sites for the best programs. A few of them said that Payline was one of the best on transparency of how they charge people and that was important to me. I also like the fact that they're relatively inexpensive and they were able to match the price with my current provider. They also gave me a free automatic payment processing for my website.

Moreover, when I sent them the confusing proposal that was given to me by the salesperson of another company to compare, the Payline sales staff pointed out that the other company was not being honest. They were fairly helpful and I was very positively impressed with how they dealt with me. And when I was not making my decision quickly, they followed up a few times but I appreciated the reminders occasionally. It was a little annoying but I understand that as a sales team, their job, at some point, is to get sales.

However, my computer guy said that the technical support people that he was working with at Payline were not very good and that he he had to help them fix the coding on their end for hooking up the Payline system with the automatic payment processing on my new website. He told me it was basic and that I should find a different company because they're incompetent. But they gave me a good deal and I had a good experience with their honesty. So I'd like to see if we can make it work out. Overall, I would tell others that they have a good price but I would not recommend them to those who are planning on hooking up the system with a website because of the bad technical support.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Payline Data had good reviews online and their rates appeared to be competitive. The sales team got it all setup. They're great and responsive to all our questions. Payline had a really nice self-service terminal for reviewing the current status of all our transactions. However, I like them to have a better communication from their risk department. Any communication would be nice when there are problems instead of just flagging our account. We didn't get anything until we contacted them about it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking for a new credit card processor and Payline was recommended on an online site. They just set it up and went. It's been working good as just like they said they would. Payline has been good to us.

Dear Matt,

Thank you for being a Payline customer! We are thrilled to be a part of your business and hope that we can continue to help your business be successful.

Your review mentioned a request of yours not getting resolved and potentially affecting your customers' experience with your business. We would definitely like to have the opportunity to correct this. When you get a moment, can you please send an email to our Support Team at support@paylinedata.com? We can then work on getting this resolved for you.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist.

Thank you!

David Suffolk

Original review: April 25, 2017

Payline has excellent customer service ratings, very competitive and good price scales, and they seemed to be a good company to work with. Their customer service representatives have generous hours when they answer calls. They are very helpful to do what they can and explain things for me. However, I had one issue with them. I asked them to have a button put on our company website. They said they would do it but then, they never did. Moreover, I think they even charged me for it. Still, we have the link on our website and it's nice to have a credit card option for our customers.

For some reason, our customers have not been using the credit card option yet. Maybe it is because we do not have the reader for the cell phone. I think the customers are uncomfortable because it's a link on our website. It gives a general page and they don't trust that. It doesn't give a certified website where there is information that says it's secure. Perhaps, if it was a button on there, they would trust it better.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Everyone at Payline Data was incredibly friendly and informative. I set up a merchant account for my online business with them. However, I ended up merging with a different business so that didn't end up working out. Their service just didn't fit my needs at the time and we ended up canceling it. Nevertheless, Payline was very upfront about everything. They were very clear about how everything worked and definitely customer service-friendly. They helped me understand step-by-step what I needed to do and how to be successful. Also, they were super timely and good at getting back to me. In my short experience, I haven't had a company who is that quick on their turnaround and helpful throughout. I would certainly recommend Payline to other businesses. It's nice to have their personal touch today when everything is so automated.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Payline Data?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I Googled credit card processors and Payline Data was the top ad. When I first signed up, the reps helped me set up everything. Since then everything's been working flawlessly. I like that I don't have to talk to anyone, the system automatically processes payments and I don't have to go every night and do the batches.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was searching on Google for credit card processing services. I submitted requests to about three companies at the same time and Payline was the quickest to respond and seemed to give me more personal care than the others. They contacted me back and gave me phone numbers I could call them with. I called them right off and they were easy to work with, very friendly and seemed very personable. They understood my situation and made sure I was taken care of quickly. They helped me get set up really quickly and expedited the situation. I do merchant account services with them - Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.

I like that they have their own gateway service but it is very ugly. I'm a web developer so I look at things like the styling and I wish it was styled to be a little prettier. But it was really easy to set up. I had to set it up with what's called an API and their API was really easy to use. They also have great technical support with it. I'd recommend Payline.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I found Payline Data in a Fortune Magazine article. They rated the credit card services that small businesses could purchase or get and Payline Data was rated top three. They said Payline Data was the easiest and have the best in using inventory systems so I got the SwipeSimple from them. It's a mobile payment solution and it does attach all the inventory for you so it's great. But, if I wanted to apply discount on items, I have to figure it out ahead of time and go in and change the price.

The first time when I ordered my little Square reader, it didn't show up at the right place. They said they dropped it off but it never arrived. It was weird. So, I sent it to my home instead because I didn't want to not have it. I also called them when I got locked out of my account once because I forgot the password, and they were able to resolve the issue quickly. They were easy to get ahold of and they're very good with the customer service. They also give you a list of people to call and that was good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was impressed by Payline's website and I like their pricing. I've been using their system to process credit card transactions. While I have limited interactions with their people, I was really happy with the service and getting everything set up.

Hello Fayz,

Thank you for your feedback.

We do value being honest and transparent with our customers. We view our integrity as essential to succeeding as a business. We are glad to see that this is the reputation that brought our businesses together and we plan to deliver on that expectation.

As we have reviewed the details of your Payline experience, it does look like there were additional complications to making the changes you requested. I want to apologize for those inconveniences as they are not typical to the customer experience we aim to deliver. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to create an exceptional merchant processing experience moving forward.

David Suffolk

Client Experience Manager

Original review: March 30, 2017

I did an online research and I went to the Merchant Maverick website and they had a very good review of Payline Data. Also, when I read about the merchant processing industry, I got the impression that it’s very dishonest and reading reviews on different websites, Payline was one of the more honest ones. The honesty and transparency made me want to go with them. I got a simple phone reader, the gateway service from them. I called them for different things. For one, it was changing my personal account to my business account and it was one of the hardest things to deal with them. I would send forms and different letters from banks. They would be like, “Nope, we do not accept that.” Then the bank would say they do not give the letter. I even had them talk to each other and even then, it wasn’t resolved.

Eventually, after numerous attempts, they changed my personal account to my business account. And that's when they would e-mail me, saying “Hey, it is done. We already changed it to a business account.” And the next day, someone else would e-mail me, saying, “Hey, we still need to change your personal account to your business account.” I would say, “Hey, you already got this done.” And then they’re like, “Oh, yeah. Disregard that. We still haven’t fixed it.” They’re disorganized and they don't communicate well with each other. It’s not a very well-run organization. My experience hasn’t been that great, and I’m thinking about switching to another merchant processor.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Payline does the net pricing instead of a big pre-assigned tier, and I like that it looks like the overall cost per transaction were going to be much lower. Although more interaction from the sales staff would've been nice, because I only talk with them through emails and messages, which seem to be their primary way of wanting to handle customer services, whether it be through their site. Nobody from the sales department has contacted me since I had first set up the account in December and it was a little disappointing. A follow-up would be nice to make sure that everything in our account is going as we hoped and see if there's anything more that can be done to make it any better.

We have a traditional account and we opt to add on a mobile app which was simple. But I've had more disappointments with them regarding the app, which I understand they didn't write but I'm assuming they have contracted for Card Swipe. Also, the programming on it is not what it needs to be. It is a little bit buggy sometimes. We've had to put the charges and we've had failed charges that we didn't know were failed. So, anytime I train someone on the cash register, I have to spend a lot more time in training them on what to look for to make sure there aren't any errors in the processing. And it makes them really paranoid that they're going to screw something up.

Also the card reader itself does not have anything to signify that the battery needs to be charged. So we keep it plugged in all the time because it doesn't tell you that the transaction is failing because the card reader does not have enough power to support a transaction. Also, the app's signature box is very small. Even though we've set up a tablet, it doesn't make the box any bigger than what it would be on the Android phone. And the send button after they sign is right where people lay their hands to sign. So there are times when they laid their hand on the glass tablet and it sends it through without a signature because of the positioning.

It's very similar to what we use with PayPal. Its online reports do not show the name of the cardholder, only the four digits of their card, along with the date, time and the dollar amount. We operate a retail store as well as an RV park and I can't match those transactions so I can't audit using my report. All I have is gross sale numbers for the day. So it's all about the app and I know SwipeSimple has the ability to improve the app because Card Swipe does this similar app for other companies. I read other reviews online and other people are complaining about the same thing, but they're choosing not to do anything with the app. I have already given them this feedback too, but I didn't get the response I wanted.

When I had difficulties with duplicate charges and the card reader failing, it was through their support program from the website and they responded quickly and then it was through email from there. But they felt that it was functioning adequately enough and they didn't act like there was anything that can be done or that there would be any kind of improvement in the future. It looks to me like there should be a response, that they'll take a look at improving this and thank me for the feedback. But instead, I was told that it is a basic program and that it's a you-get-what-you-pay-for type of thing, which I felt was a bad response.

Also, I had a customer check in the other day and we were having issues with one of the flicky things that happen on this app. I blame the app because I've used PayPal on the same device, but it's not done this. If the WiFi signal has dropped out in our store and we have data on it, it does not automatically switch to give you a connection. I have to manually go in and tell it to switch to another signal or to turn the WiFi off and switch manually to data. The program itself is not seeking for a good signal, so it will sit there, literally lock up the app and not do anything. which makes the customer very uneasy because anyone that has been double-barreled before is nervous about what's going on. When the technology doesn't work seamlessly, it makes them nervous.

One time, as soon as we started showing a problem with our device, this older gentleman said he wanted to pay cash and once it's done, it's done. It doesn't store anything and there was no convincing him because he's already had a bad experience. That kind of backlash is going to happen in this industry if they don't get more reliable technology. But from a sales standpoint, as far as the fees, I haven't had any issues with everything that Payline has promised me. So we're dealing with it but I'm not 100% happy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Payline said it was good with small businesses. I also liked their rates, which were transparent, so I decided to purchase an Ingenico 220 from them. It's a classic credit card terminal. They have good people to walk you through with changing the time and setting it up. Also, their sales team was great to deal with. However, once they've organized things with the machine and when you're done with the sales representative, there was a gap. My machine got lost and they tried to assess who delivered it. You are now in the general help section where there is a barrier to speak with someone. When you call their phone number, it feels like a long arduous process. Still, Payline follows up well now that I have the machine. They'll also follow up when I have an issue.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Payline Data's rates seemed applicable and useful for the size my business, and they have good reviews. One of the good things I like about the services is I don't interact with them very much at all. They just do what they do and I do what I do. They do my regular credit card processing and I use the Gateway services. They've been helpful in everything that I've had any questions about. Also, I don't have to fix things and I don't have to go back and reassess things. Their technical support has resolved everything that I've had pretty quickly. Overall, they're a solid company.

Hello April,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. At Payline, we aim for high standards in making sure new accounts are setup efficiently and correctly. It looks like we did not meet these standards for your experience and we apologize for that.

We are constantly reviewing how credit card processing will help our customers be successful business owners and where our business can align with those needs. We have received your feedback about the terminal deployment process and we are looking into how we can make this easier for our customers.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us at support@paylinedata.com.

David

Original review: March 15, 2017

The guy who set up my account was helpful but he wasn't thorough. I had already purchased a credit card terminal but he still sent me one. I had to mail back the terminal they sent me and mail the one I had purchased to them. I paid them to program the terminal I purchased but then it was broken in the mail. So now, I'm sitting with a broken terminal. I currently do not have service with them.

They wouldn't let me use my terminal so I would have to purchase a new one. Moreover, they couldn't give me a better price. I was with Payline for about two months without even swiping a transaction. Their guy was nice but it took him a while to return my phone calls. I would have to constantly call and email. Then I learned that the guy who originally set up my account didn't work there anymore and I was transferred to someone else. I had to get them up to speed on what had happened. It was just a headache.

Payline would be a great company if they followed their customer throughout the entire process. They would be able to retain customers if they were just as efficient and effective when they signed them up as when they were using their terminal or processing transactions. I wasn't assisted until I threatened that I will cancel my account.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were having issues with our previous merchant so one of the girls in our office did a research and thought Payline would be a good fit for the company. We got the Gateway, so I do everything online. They are easy to work with and everything has been pretty smooth so far. Our experience with Payline has been really good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Payline Data's pricing was the best that I could find, and whoever's cheapest is best in my book. Every interaction I had with their sales team was fairly good. They took care of everything I needed. They didn't get back with me once, but it was not a big deal. When I first set up the terminal, I spoke with their technical support staff. They took care of my needs and handled everything that was needed, and the service was set up and has been working fine ever since. Although I had to call them today because they use NPC as their processor and they sent me a letter in the mail saying they were going to automatically sign me up for a RAAP program, so I had to call and terminate that before I was charged $90 a year for something that I never wanted. That was annoying, but other than that, everything's been fine.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Payline Data had given me the best rate quote conditions on CardFellow'w website which essentially compares credit card processes. That was the principal deciding factor I went with them. I also like the fact that they seem to be a little bit more tech savvy than certain other credit card processors. In the past, when I had to sign up, I was getting sheets that were handwritten and filled out by hand and then they will scan. But for Payline, it was all very straightforward, user-friendly and smooth, and everything has been typed into a PDF. I also like their rates. The only thing I don't like about them is that the customer service hours are not the greatest sometimes so that can be frustrating. I would like them to be more accessible more often because like if it’s 1:00 in the morning and we have a credit card processing issue.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I liked Payline Data as far as the rates that I pay in regards to where I like it. The one thing that I wish they did that Square did was as soon as I swipe the card with Square, it showed up through an email that that was processed and went through. With Payline Data, I have to log in and look at it to make sure it went through, and that’s an aggravation. Everything else has been pretty smooth though.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

One of my friends who also has an online gateway recommended Payline. I got their ecommerce service and I had it tied into an online store. My interaction with their reps was extraordinary because they made sure that all my questions were answered. I had a couple of hiccups with tying in the gateway at first but they were able to walk me through it without any hesitation. Then if I had any issues, they were able to give me a step-by-step walkthrough either by email or they would call me to make sure that everything was working out right. But what I like the most about them is the quick turnaround on transactions. If somebody buys something on my website, I have the funds by the end of the day the next day. I will highly recommend Payline to any place that was to ask who I use.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Payline Data's fee seemed reasonable, but they mix them around all the time, and they're all vague. I used them and started to realize that there are so many hidden fees. There are many different add-ons that if you want to do mobile, if you want to do this or that, it’s just very complicated instead of making one fee. They say that they're going to give money to charity, and I'm hoping that they would, but I'm not sure that's happening either. But one of the things that attracted me to them is that they don't have a lot of high monthly fees. Their sales rep was perfect too.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The person who takes care of our account liked Payline Data because, partly, it was over the internet instead of being attached to a phone line. I like that Payline is much faster than when you’re hooked to a landline. It’s been a smooth experience and that includes the transition.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I talked to a representative of Payline and we decided on a machine that we want and what kind of services we want on that machine, like food stamp. We just started about a couple of months back. However, when we installed the new machine, the technical team forgot to tell us that we need to adjust the timings on the machine. The time and the date stamp on the machine was a day older than the actual date and time. So for the first three days, whatever transactions we did, we got a big letter in the mail, one page for each and every transaction at two different locations, almost 150 pages of transactions that did not go through.

I had to call them back but they forwarded me to another company that they work with. And then they said that I need to fax all that back so they can run the transactions and it's going to take about 10 business days for me to get the money. And they won't accept it as a scan, I had to fax about 150 pages. It was a pretty bad experience. And if I had to go do it again, I would not go with Payline. But Payline has a better quote compared to other companies.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We did a lot of research through Google online about different credit card processing services and since we're a nonprofit organization we were looking for a credit card gateway provider that had good rates. We saw that the customer service of Payline and their ratings were all for the most part positive. The gentleman that also helped us set up our account originally was a perfect sales rep. He was very informative and knowledgeable. He answered all of our questions very well and was pretty laid back and we felt very comfortable with everything he was telling us about the services that Payline offers.

We wanted to integrate the credit card gateway onto one of our nonprofit organizational websites, so we signed up for the gateway and we also needed the credit card merchant processing, as well. We're pretty happy and satisfied. We haven’t gotten a chance to use all of it because we're working with our own web developers to get it enabled onto our website, but so far they’ve been great and they're doing a great job.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking at the different rates available and it looked like Payline Data was the most competitive, so I went to the cardfellow.com and signed on to start an account with Payline. However there was an issue with the initial set up. I used the machine to swipe the cards on the first day and the next day, I walked in the office and my account was closed because the underwriting team made an error. It was a big debacle and it took about a week to get everything sorted out. But the customer service team was able to help as much as possible and they've been responsive. It was quite difficult in the beginning but things are a little bit smoother now and I'm happy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Payline Data has reasonable rates which I like most about the system. The sales team and I had a fine interaction and we had no troubles also.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We got a Payline credit card machine and the sales rep Ron was very good. He gave me all the information he could. However, I'm still trying to get more information that I haven't gotten and since the sales is done he might not call me back. Once we started accepting cards, it would help to have a better understanding of the percentage we are paying for American Express or Visa and others. American Express said Payline contacted them and said I was a customer and I would be able to see my rates, but I have not been able to find out what rate American Express charges me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We first heard about Payline through another company that we were prior to what we are now. They're really prompt with getting us what we need and very helpful with everything else that we need to deal with. We don't have to wait for anything so that's always a good thing especially when I need stuff done right away.

Hello Conor,

Thank you for leaving a review about Payline! We are happy to have you as a customer and are excited to be a part of your business's success.

We see ourselves as a part of your team. Therefore, we want to make sure we are people you want to reach out to when you have an issue with your credit card processing. If you do have issues in the future, we hope that the experience is easy and that we solve your problem quickly and accurately.

If you have any additional feedback, please feel free to email us at support@paylinedata.com.

David

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I liked Payline Data's rate and they were able to get the service set up very fast so they did a good job. The credit card industry in general is extremely convoluted. They're not easy people to deal with especially when one has a problem, but the whole process with Payline Data was easy and transparent. The sales rep that I did have was very good. She answered all my questions.

Hello Michael,

Thank you for the feedback. We have since received confirmation that both terminals have reached you. We apologize for the delay in getting this issue resolved.

As a result of not being able to process in December, we are happy to refund the minimum bill that was charged to you. We will send a private response with those refund details.

If you have any further concerns or questions, please email support@paylinedata.com.

David

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

I have called and emailed multiple times, I never get a call back. I called twice yesterday and was told both times I would get called back and never did. I sent my Credit Card Terminals to Pauline November 15 almost two months ago and still don't have them back. I am beyond frustrated with this company.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

For a month now, we've been using Payline Data for the cheaper fees. We had a rocky start, though. We had five batches of deposits that did not go into the account. They thought maybe because the time and date stamp were off on the machine by 12 hours. But they took all that information. For the most part, we've resolved that and things seem to have smoothed out now.

Interactions with their sales rep was fine, but now, we've had some interactions with tech support that were not so fine. When we call tech support, we would get somebody on the phone and they would tell us to hold but then all of a sudden, we're routed to, "Please give us a survey about how we did." This is while we're not getting the issue resolved. We call back and somebody else would say something. We call back during the day the next day and someone else would tell us something else.

One problem we have with this machine that they really should look at fixing is when we run a card for $100 and there's only $80 on the card, it will go ahead and draft the $80 right then and there. That's not helpful to us. We can't void it and we have to go back in and put the money back into that account for that person. The problem is that the money may not go into that account for a few days. One person recommended that we unplug the machine and plug it back in again. But we're still struggling with this issue and we're going to wait and see how things pan out. If we continue to have trouble with that, we'll probably go back to our old merchant service person. The last communication we had from Payline was their machine can't do that and they don't know when it will be able to.

Payline Data Company Profile