Patreon

• 17%
  • 2%
  • 61%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Patreon?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Patreon?

Reviewed Jan. 9, 2019

I was thrilled when I found Patreon! What a great concept, thought I. Except it is very hard to get a page set up. To post my art, for example, I could never find the icon to post, unless I did a search. They have a thing called "featured tags" to help on your cover page (for creators). For the life of me, I could not figure out how to make featured tags. I did a search for help on this, but the help didn't match up with what I was seeing on MY page. I was supporting ONE creator, but I decided I'd had enough of Patreon at this point. I had to search and search, but found no clue how to stop supporting someone. I finally got an answer to an email from I'd sent them weeks ago. The email walked me through how to edit or cancel support for a creator. I canceled my support and then deactivated my account.

Verified purchase

Reviewed Dec. 28, 2018

I enjoy using Patreon and will continue to do so. The only concern I have is their privacy policy. They use advertising tracking and cookies. This will not deter me from using their services, though it does make me a bit uncomfortable.

Online & AppEase of Use

Reviewed Dec. 22, 2018

In theory the site seemed great, an opportunity to interact with creators in a helpful way, however the website is incredibly clunky, very difficult to navigate, finding creators to support through the website was virtually impossible. I found it hard to cancel subscriptions when I wanted to change who I was supporting. The ability to edit your payments was hidden away and took quite a while to find. When after 5 attempts, I wasn't able to change the monthly subscription on one creator, I gave up and cancelled my account.

Reviewed Dec. 15, 2018

Being billed for something I never charged for and never used it. Be careful of this company. They keep billing you and billing you. You can’t even talk to anyone with that phone number they provide on billing statement. Definitely A FRAUD!!!

Reviewed Nov. 17, 2018

I lost my password and can't reset my account to cancel subscriptions that keep charging me monthly. I have been trying consistently for over 6 months to contact anyone at Patreon to help but they appear to not actually have anyone--any real person--that works there. Still charging me, and I have had to communicate with my bank that this is Fraudulent at this point--refusing to help me cancel these subscriptions.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Aug. 14, 2018

Patreon took my money! Patreon put this message in the account of many creators without reason and do not respond to the emails, simply got the money from several users and do not answer anyone! "Your creator balance is on hold while our Trust & Safety team review your account."

Reviewed July 27, 2018

Absolutely disgusting attitude to authors without patrons. My account with the information contained on it two years removed absolutely without any warning. First, you send a letter that the account is going to be deleted after 10 days. Then you write them letters that they don't answer from your main account, although if you write them from another mail they will answer, but will be asked to write from the main. In this way, they observe the appearance of legality. The reason they indicate is "suspicion of fraudulent activity". Notice the word "suspicious." This means that they can remove any of your information for no reason.

Two months later, when the account is already deleted, they send another letter with a formal offer to provide them with certain data, which they also do not respond and just save in order to get out in case of what. On any questions and fair criticism they do not react in other words, they just shave scams. Do not get fooled by any nonsense about "creativity" and "every author can earn". If you have a fan base is better just stream or specify on your own website links to donate - do not pay them anything.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Jan. 31, 2018

Patreon does not do anything for you. You become their member, and you have to find your own patrons, so they can back you up and all Patreon does is to collect 10% of that money. What a deal? Patreon says that they have 50000 creators on their site but you can only see 230 of them. Where are the rest? And what happened to 49770 other creators? They are choosing who I should and if to donate my money to. Not me nor you? Is their choice of 230 out of 50000 creators? Discrimination?

I asked Patreon. How do people find me when I just started in Patreon? When you only show top 20 Big stars of yours? Nobody else does matter to you? I think everybody has the right to be showing in your program and not just top 20. Patreon Answer to me, "Thanks for reaching out. Patreon is not currently a discovery platform. We recommend those with engaged audiences already are best suited toward starting a successful Patreon."

I am wondering if this 200 so people are their own friend and relatives that they support and the rest of us joining them are the number game. So in the future they can sell the co. at a higher price? Engaged audiences already are best suited toward starting a successful Patreon. If I already have engaged patrons in my hand why would anyone wants to join Patreon.com unless you have extra money to donate to Patreon.

Reviewed Dec. 28, 2017

As far as the functionality of the site, the mobile site (for Samsung) is trash, very limited - I can't add or delete any of my patrons. When I have the enevitable issues I tried the customer support. Absolute **. I tweet them, no response. I send emails. No response. I'd like to see a response within 24 hours. My current issue is that I canceled my patronage for January in late December, and even though I paid for the month, they shut me out of the content - Do you think they'll refund me for the rest of the month? Allow me the content days I paid For? This company.

Patreon Company Information