2. Finance
  3. Crowdfunding Sites

3.0/5 (115 ratings)

About Patreon

Patreon Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Patreon?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Patreon?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

I haven't had an account that long, less than a year, and I'm already having log-in issues. It keeps saying it needs to verify my device, and then no email is sent, and I remain locked out of the account. Don't bother contacting Patreon about anything, because they don't do that. No number to call, no emails answered... Run.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

Continued to charge me after I cancelled. I needed to go to my credit card company. Told me to go to the person I was following to dispute charges. Just read the other negative reviews - little to no contact info. Poor explanation of their service. Patreon needs to overhaul their company.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

Service paid for in advance. Despite the content creator confirming by email his inability to deliver, Patreon refused to process a refund and falsely informed PayPal that service was delivered. Avoid.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

Got fraudulently charged by Patreon. Tried to contact Jack Conte CEO. Phone number disconnected. Called his wife. Real piece of work. Wouldn't give me any contact info. The guy obviously does not care. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS JOKE OF A COMPANY!

Original review: July 8, 2019

Here is how ridiculous their policy is. They charge, in advance, at the beginning of the month. So, how is that unfair? Because they don't tell you this up front and so, if you sign up for sponsorship on the 31st day of the month, you get charged for the next month on the very next day! Thus, if you sign up on the last day of the month, you get 1/31 as much value as someone signing up on the first of the month. If you want to complain, they require you contact the contract creator directly. I didn't do business with the Creator, my relationship is with Patreon. So how can they legally tell me I have to ask for a refund from a third party? Despite the obvious unfairness, Patreon refuses to refund or make the system fair with either prorated pricing or staggered anniversary dates.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

Patreon may be a good idea and many of us wish to provide support for authors of good video content. However, Patreon is the most MICKEY MOUSE company I have dealt with in over 20 years on the internet. They hide info regarding a subscriber to increase or decrease a pledge to an account. No reasonable tech support. Usually you get some canned message after 2 or 3 days if you are lucky. If ever there was a company needing replacement with a more robust and forwarding thinking company it is Patreon. PLEASE, Google, Yahoo, Amazon, Microsoft, Apple, someone step up and provide a service which will put Patreon out of its pathetic misery. Bottom line is PATREON SUCKS the BIG ONE!!!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I was thrilled when I found Patreon! What a great concept, thought I. Except it is very hard to get a page set up. To post my art, for example, I could never find the icon to post, unless I did a search. They have a thing called "featured tags" to help on your cover page (for creators). For the life of me, I could not figure out how to make featured tags. I did a search for help on this, but the help didn't match up with what I was seeing on MY page. I was supporting ONE creator, but I decided I'd had enough of Patreon at this point. I had to search and search, but found no clue how to stop supporting someone. I finally got an answer to an email from I'd sent them weeks ago. The email walked me through how to edit or cancel support for a creator. I canceled my support and then deactivated my account.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I enjoy using Patreon and will continue to do so. The only concern I have is their privacy policy. They use advertising tracking and cookies. This will not deter me from using their services, though it does make me a bit uncomfortable.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

In theory the site seemed great, an opportunity to interact with creators in a helpful way, however the website is incredibly clunky, very difficult to navigate, finding creators to support through the website was virtually impossible. I found it hard to cancel subscriptions when I wanted to change who I was supporting. The ability to edit your payments was hidden away and took quite a while to find. When after 5 attempts, I wasn't able to change the monthly subscription on one creator, I gave up and cancelled my account.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Being billed for something I never charged for and never used it. Be careful of this company. They keep billing you and billing you. You can’t even talk to anyone with that phone number they provide on billing statement. Definitely A FRAUD!!!

Patreon Company Information