2. Finance
  3. Crowdfunding Sites

3.0/5 (115 ratings)

About Patreon

Patreon Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Patreon?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Patreon?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

Patreon blocked my Creator account after one week of work without any explanations and stole $165 that I earned from my patrons. Support does not answer my request (**), they do not return my money, they do not return my content, which I also asked for. The conclusion is obvious - PATREON IS A SCAM. If they don't like something about your account, you will be blocked and your money will be stolen. I am going to tell about my experience everywhere I can to make people know. If you care about your content and your money, don't use this awful scam service.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

I paid for a membership and when the so-called "creator" did not deliver it, it was IMPOSSIBLE to get a response, I'm talking about months just to get an automatic reply, no help, no refund, no responsibility from Patreon whatsoever. Total scam. STAY AWAY!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

Have you ever heard of a company that does not have a customer service team? Well, Patreon doesn't. It doesn't matter what your concern is, they literally have no one to answer the phone. Unacceptable.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

Been trying to cancel my payment no luck. Can not contact any one. I would not recommend this to anyone. Their help page just sends you to different pages. I don't think they have any humans there. Giving it one star is over rated.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

This company is impossible to contact about Unauthorized charges! We noticed a recurring charge today from Patreon! We didn't agree to anything with any content creator! This was in my Legally blind wife's Credit card! Now we have to cancel the card and attempt to do a charge back! How someone got her card number is beyond me! Patreon not having a way to dispute this shows what kind of company this is! How can someone pay someone when they don't have a account with them?

Original review: July 17, 2020

I did not understand Patreon's payment system. Toward the end of June, I paid $50 for, what I thought, was the month. Well, it was only for a week. I pay another $50 for July and had access to it up till today. Now it says I'm not a member. So for $100 I have had under 3 weeks of Patreon. I also live in a sales tax-free state and am being charged taxes. Sent an email and was told to wait up to 5 days for a response.

Original review: May 10, 2020

One time donation for a good cause. My payment has been processed on Paypal and two days later on my bank account, without any problems. Patreon reports an error/failure processing my transaction. No answers or reply on my questions asked. Without mentioning before hand, Tax was added to my donation. It was offered to Paypal as a monthly recurring payment. Judge for yourself what to think of it. I will not use this service again.

Original review: April 2, 2020

Worst experience ever. I am billed but it says I don’t support any creators. I can’t access any of the extra content from the creator that I am getting billed for.. Sorry Wave Rover I have to cancel my creator card. Wish I could let him know but it won’t let me even message the creator of the videos.. Patreon sucks.. There is no service to rectify the issue. No technical support. No phone service - just a women telling you to go to www.patreon.com/saq. And no one answers from that.

Original review: March 3, 2020

My wife and I noticed a $7 monthly charge on our credit card that we don't recognize from CKO "Patreon" Members. When I call the number 833-972-8766, it tells me to go to Patreon.com, which tells me to sign in to my account. I have no account, I don't even know who they are. I never signed up with them - how is it that they are charging me? I have no way of speaking to anyone to ask why I'm being charged. I had to cancel my credit card in order to get the charges to stop, and I can see from other comments that I am not the only one. If by some chance I signed up to sponsor a podcast or artist without remembering it, and that artist/podcast uses Patreon, then Patreon should be able to tell me so. But I guarantee I have never agreed to sponsor an artist or podcast.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

The website provides no warning of pending charges for the monthly process. No live person on the phone (**). Did not respond to my email inquiry in a timely manner. This company needs to improve in many areas. I will have to close my credit card to prevent future charges.

Patreon Company Information