2.9/5 (265 ratings)

About Nextiva

Nextiva Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nextiva?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

Lost significant business due to switching over to Nextiva. Sales failed to tell me I would have to buy multiple licenses for assistant to answer phones while I had app open. No ability to open on computer and cell phone simultaneously, No customer support on phone or chat unless you want sit on hold forever. Tried adding a license and phone system shut down entire day with no reason.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

A sales rep signed us up for a 7 day trial and they would onboard us if we chose to use the service. We were never onboarded and they have billed us for the service for 3 months and will not refund our money for a nonexistent account.

Hello, Shamaiya.
Thank you for leaving us your review. We're truly sorry to hear that you never got the expected onboarding.

We have reached out to you in private to connect and ensure we get everything sorted out for you. We look forward to hearing back from you. Thank you.

Get buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

I have had Nextiva for my business since 2014. The phone quality is fine (it wasn't at first - lots of dropped calls, but that has improved significantly). Their customer service is HORRIBLE. I sold my business at the end of October 2022, and transferred (or tried to) the service to the new owner. They did not make the transfer, and charged my credit card for November and December. I wouldn't have an issue if they had resolved it, but I have called at least 6 times with 6 different case numbers, each time I've been transferred to customer care, and each time they've told me it's been fixed, and each time it ISN'T fixed. They simply need to credit me and charge the new owner. We've had

3-way calls with her and she has confirmed that she should be charged, but now, over 2 months later it is still not resolved. I have spent MANY HOURS on hold with this company (2 hours yesterday and finally gave up and am trying again (on hold again right now). I emailed billing and never got a response. They have the worst customer service of any company I currently deal with. I still have them with my new business, but will most likely change companies due to the horrendous way they treat their customers.

Nextiva response
    Hello, Pam. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review.
    We hear you loud and clear and understand your frustration - we're so sorry that our team hasn't been able to provide you with a solution for your issues.

We have sent you a private message in order to confirm your account details. Once we hear back from you we'll make sure to have our team follow up with you. Thank you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

I have been asking for help to install and configure the CRM for more than six months and no one returns the call, no help by phone or emails. I have contacted Kiersten **, Katie **, Danielle ** and especially Kristi ** who is not helpful at all and does not give me a solution. I have a business with twenty-three telephone lines and with future expansion to acquire 20 more in the next six months and they treat me like the worst of their clients. I have opened cases in the CRM department and they tell me that they are going to contact me by email and nothing. I recommend you not to do business with this company, the lack of communication would generate losses and if your account is managed by Kristi **, I would wish you luck because she never takes calls and even less would help you by emails.

Nextiva response

Hello, Marcos. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your review. We hear your feedback and are very sorry to see you're frustrated with our services. We have created a ticket on your behalf to help and one of our managers will be in touch with you shortly to address your issues. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

I attempted to sign-up for a service from this company on December 12, 2022. After signing up and meeting with the support staff, I discovered that this service could not meet my needs. Thus, I cancelled the service. I was told that the charges would be refunded to my credit card within 72 hours. Needless to say, I'm still waiting for the refund. I have made numerous of calls to no avail. Just today, I contacted them again. Spent 13 minutes with Juan on the phone, as he had to get approval to transfer my call to customer relations. After being transferred, I called back.

Luckily, I had the same support person and was able to be transferred. Unfortunately, the call was disconnected again. Therefore, I tried calling back. This time I had Mohammed. Needless to say, I had to go thru the same process to get my call transferred to customer relations. After the transfer, I was on hold for another 10 minutes and opted for someone to call me back. We'll see if this actually occurs. At this point, I so frustrated and so glad that I cancelled my service, that I'm going to allow my credit card company to deal this this fiasco.

Nextiva response

Hello, Alz. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We are truly sorry to hear about your experience with our services and would love to assist. A private message has been sent to you and we look forward to hearing back from you. Once we have your contact details we'll make sure to have our team follow up with you ASAP. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

System never worked. Absolute joke trying to get it set up in the first place, in spite of the sales rep telling us Nextiva has a dedicated onboarding team to make the transition smooth. LOOONG waits for customer phone support during which you're further insulted with glowing commentary on how spectacular the support is; emails from support sign off with "Your amazing customer support team". Chat support wait times are as long as 30 minutes, and no guarantee you'll get someone with the knowledge to assist you.

The system sounds amazing, but I never got the chance to experience it since we couldn't get it set up property in spite of many, many hours with loads of phone, chat and email attempts to resolve. Don't fall for the dishonest reps' sales pitch or you'll be where I am- spending time and money to get your phone system back to square one, before going back to the drawing board to find a company that knows how to take care of its paying customers.

Nextiva response
    Hello, Matthew. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review.

We're truly sorry to hear about your experience with our services thus far and would love to connect and help. A private message has been sent your way and we look forward to hearing back from you so our team can assist. Thank you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 9, 2023

Nextiva has provided subpar customer service during our entire experience as a small business. I cancelled service in mid-December because of this. However, Nextiva continued to bill us, and the recent bill is for the month of January, but we cancelled our service already. I reached out to them December 27th to get a refund. Their policy is to respond with a couple days, however they never replied. I sent another email the week of 01/01, and it's January 9th and I have yet to hear anything! At this point, they are robbing our business by not refunding the money and are continuing to have extremely poor customer service by not responding to any of my messages. Calling them is a complete joke, they never answer the phone. Doing "chat" on their website is also a joke because they never answer! Is anyone working there! If they are, they do not care about good customer service or ethics. I want our money back and I don't want to have to deal with this horrible organization ever again!!

Hello, Kristina.
    Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your review.

We are truly sorry to hear about your experience with our services. Your feedback has been shared with the team and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly to address your refund. Thank you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 5, 2023

My organization is stuck in a contract with Nextiva because they really want to solve all our issues. However, issues come up almost weekly. They tell me to call support, but only admins have access to some support (requiring a PIN to get help). So I'm the admin who must dedicate hours to being on hold with Nextiva trying to get help. Most of the time, they have to test with the user who is experiencing the issue and at the time, that person isn't available. I tell the user to call back but they don't have the time to sit on hold either. Sometimes issues aren't resolved because they don't have time. Sometimes I call and I sit on hold for a couple hours and then troubleshoot with support for a couple more hours. Sometimes my issues get escalated to different support tiers. When this happens, they close my original ticket and sometimes I won't get a call back from their escalated support team.

I believe Nextiva closes the tickets so that it looks like they resolved the issues, which keeps them in compliance of the contract. But how compliant are you when there are constant issues with the service? I've called several times for the same issue and they say that the escalated service team will contact me, but it's been a couple days. Right now I'm on hold with an escalated tier of support for a different issue, but I've already received an email that this issue's ticket/case is closed. We've been trying to get out of our contract since we started over a year ago, but Nextiva insists they are the top rated VOIP system and everyone loves them and their system works great, so they try to resolve the issues like we haven't already wasted hours and hours trying to get help. Frustrated is an understatement.

My director and I still can't access all of our voicemails. It's critical to any business that people are able to call them and leave messages that can be answered. It's doing harm to the reputability of our organization while Nextiva continues to get rave reviews. I felt it was necessary to warn others not to fall for the positive reviews being boosted on search engines by powerful SEO on Nextiva's part (I can only assume). Consumer Affairs has all the negative reviews that I failed to see while searching for the best VOIP services.

Nextiva response
    Hello, Kiah. We've been trying to reach you in order to assist with your issues but we haven't heard back.

Please respond to our private messages asking for your contact details and our team will be happy to assist ASAP. Thank you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

We tried to cancel the service, as we are no longer using it. Turn out there is no easy way to cancel it. Their website has no cancellation option. I emailed the sales who signed us up, no response. Emailed billing@NEXTIVA.com, no response. Called their customer service who promised someone would get back to us, no. Emailed service@NEXTIVA.com and still no response. I am going to wait for them to charge for next month's subscription fee and then file a chargeback, and I will keep doing this until someone from this scam company get back to me. What a ** show.

Nextiva response

Hello, A. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We're truly sorry to hear about your experience with trying to cancel your Nextiva services. We would love to help and get everything sorted out for you. We have reached out to you in private and look forward to hearing back from you. Thank you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Dec. 30, 2022

The service was always laggy. And phone calls would drop. I have really good internet and it still sucked. Tech support was horrible. They couldn't make it work for us. Also the sales rep lied about texting. He said we'd be able to text but when we contacted tech support they said it was a work in progress. When I tried to call and cancel I couldn't get through to anyone. I had to have my credit company hold payment so they'd call me. The whole experience sucked. Stay away. I'm still looking for a better alternative but this company doesn't deserve any business at all.

Nextiva response

Hello, Brenden. It's been a few days since we responded to your review and we'd love to help you with the issues mentioned in your review. If you'd still like assistance, please respond by providing us with your account details, and our team will follow up with you as soon as possible. Thank you.

Nextiva author review by Ellen Muraskin

Nextiva offers a suite of business communication features, including phone service, business text messaging, voice and video conferencing. Nextiva also offers its own CRM, analytics, survey tools, live chat, automation workflows and team collaboration tools.

• Communications suite: Nextiva’s communication suite includes VoIP phone service, call recording, an auto-attendant and call routing to help businesses streamline their external communications.

• Collaboration suite: Nextiva has three plan levels for its team collaboration suite: Basic, Professional and Enterprise. The Basic tier is free for up to three users and includes 1:1 video calling, screen sharing and chat. The Professional level is suitable for up to 250 participants. It includes all of the features of the Basic plan and adds the ability to schedule and record meetings. Enterprise accounts get access to social media streaming and a dedicated representative.

• NextOS CRM: The customer relationship management tool offered by Nextiva is for businesses at all stages. The tool lets you manage customers through multichannel support, lead and customer tracking, call pop and automation workflows with custom trigger actions. Analytics provides insight into real-time data, sentiment analysis and customer journey tracking.

• Pricing and plans: Prices vary depending on which services you select. For business phone services, prices range from $19.95 a month for the Essential plan to $27.95 a month and above for an Enterprise plan. For the Collaboration Suite, prices range from free to $99 a month.

by Ellen Muraskin VoIP Advisor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

Nextiva Company Information