2.9/5 (53 ratings)

About Nextiva

Nextiva Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nextiva?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nextiva?

Original review: April 30, 2022

I had been using Nextiva for the past two years. While we initially had great customer service, it declined to be almost non-existent. We made the decision to switch providers as a necessity for our small business. It took three months for Nextiva to port the number to the new provider. Once the porting was finalized, we informed Nextiva that we would be terminating our service with them. They are charging us for two more years of service (will only discount 25%) because they say that the contract auto-renewed for another 2 years. There was no notice of auto-renewal or anything of the sort. Our monthly invoices always state that the next renewal date is the following month, making it appear that after the initial two year contract has expired that it is a month-to-month contract. This is an incredibly deceptive business practice. Buyer beware.

Original review: April 16, 2022

We switched to Nextiva to avoid "connecting with Google Voice" and increase professionalism. Unfortunately it has been issue after issue with inability to receive calls. It has been 1 month now and we have only had 4 phone calls come through. It either does nothing...sounds like a fax machine....or goes directly to voicemail. We have spent countless hours on the phone or via chat with support to no avail. We are told the issue is fixed and then within a day the issue returns. After 1 month of issues and multiple contacts with support we are told they haven't finished porting our number to Nextiva and we won't have access to calls for the next 72 hours. Unacceptable. Businesses beware. We have lost 1000s of dollars and when they were informed they offered nothing in compensation and only said it would be another 3 days until they could fix the issue. What's next?

Get buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 12, 2022

So you guys you don't want their services.

1. They gave me a Premium service And they charge me 20 some dollars I asked for a year contract Somehow their employee slid 24 months into the contract. I just had to service for one day and I was told that I would get the welcome package on package and a toll free number for free. They did not tell me about you had to pay for minutes for incoming calls And not just that anything after 1500 minutes I get charged. They never called me back and still waiting been a week by now.

2. I asked for the express service. One of the employees charged my card for another $16. He also said that he will carry that $20 that I had over If I do not try to get out the contract. Then he told me to try this express service out before before I opt out of the contract. They was going to charge me $47 some change and I told him what about the money I just paid you guys $30 some dollars. They wasn't hearing it. Now they don't want to give me my refund back or cancel contract and want me to pay out the 24 months. Guys trust me they not good.

3. I did not rate them a 1 star. I had to rate so I can leave a review, I rate them a 0.

Original review: March 3, 2022

Nextiva company offered VoIP Phone that are supposed to connect to WiFi. The representative guaranteed that these phones do have WiFi and that I only need to plug them in to power and set up. When I received the phones, it did not have the ability to connect to Wifi. I called Tech Support and was told that I needed a wifi dongle. I explained there was no Wifi dongle sent with the package. I was then transferred to Customer Relations spoke to Terry. Per Terry the dongle is an additional charge and that we need to purchase the dongles required. I expressed this capability was guaranteed to me when I made the purchase and signing of the contract. That's the whole point of me signing the contract and getting the phones.

When I asked to cancel the contract Nextiva is charging $660 for an "early termination fee". There has been no service provided and we just received the phones. We have not even started using their service. Nextiva is unfortunately unwilling to work with us to meet the expectations that we signed up for. With canceling they would still charge us $660 for an "early termination fee" with no service provided. This is a "Bait and Switch" operation. I ordered and signed up for "Wifi voip phones". When I received the phones, they did not have WiFi and was told that I need to purchase more equipment to make it Wifi. Cancelation even before service is provided would be charged an early termination fee.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

We are a small business and need an additional number on 2 cell phones to run our business. We were in need of an upgrade from Grasshopper and the Nextiva Sales Agent promised us a service that simply doesn't work. I paid for a year via a contract, upfront for 3 lines even though I only need to connect 2 devices via the app. The 3rd line was to give both cell phones TXT capability. I can't even receive phone calls let alone the ability to text out. I have spent hours of time on hold waiting for "customer" service. I thought this would be an upgrade from Grasshopper and it certainly is not. I will be holding them accountable for not upholding their end of the deal.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

We made a mistake in transferring our service to Nextiva. At the end of the second-month contract, I called to ask when our service would be activated and, most importantly, when our old business phone number transferred. After a usual ten minutes on hold, the representative returned, saying that I needed to fill up some papers. After that, it could take another 45 days to have our number transferred and activated. I canceled our service and demanded a refund for what was now three months charged without the promised service. Now, seven months later, we realized the contract not only wasn't canceled, but they have been charging us for 7 months, going into the 8th after we canceled it 5 months ago.

Today, I called to speak with a manager looking for an explanation, and most importantly, the total refund of the funds I consider to have been stolen by them. After one hour and twenty-five minutes explaining the whole story to two representatives and after admitting to be an awful situation, the Customer Retention representative just refused to transfer me to a manager, just refused, “ no, I will not transfer you, period!” Worse yet, using an excuse to find a solution, she put me on hold for another 11 minutes and came back with an offer: If I stayed with them as a customer, she would refund one of the seven months they stole from us, but, only if I continue with the service, yes, the service they never delivered; otherwise, there was nothing she could do… other than, of course, enjoy our free money they collected for seven months!

After informing them that I would speak with our bank and block any future payments, she threatened to send our account to collections for non-payment! In my opinion, they are UNSCRUPULOUS THIEVES, trained to steal from you! STAY AWAY FROM THESE CON ARTISTS! Protect yourself and your money from their LACK OF MORALS and HONESTY. Find a reputable and decent company. NEXTIVA is not one of them!.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

I've never worked with a company so bent on selling trash. Nextiva reps will tell you whatever they need to in order to make a sale, but as soon as you're out of onboarding - you are ON YOUR OWN. No issues will be fixed, and if the service doesn't work then you'll just have to deal with it! They do not respond to cases, and if they do - they will give you some benign instructions and ignore any further communication from you. Their app does not work on Android devices, their desktop app works occasionally. The actually physical desktop phones work fairly well, aside from the numerous dropped calls each day. Again, we've given them every opportunity to resolve our issues and they've just lied, ignored us, and basically sold us trash that we can't even use. BEWARE OF NEXTIVA!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

I wish I would have seen this page and the reviews here before signing with Nextiva. Everything they say it’s true. I called and spoke with a sales associate, I specified exactly what I needed and by when I needed it. I was reassured that it was no problem, so I went ahead and signed the contract. Barely 24hrs later the Implementation Team calls to let me know 1. The contract is written wrong and does not cover what I need and 2. Instead of the promised 2 weeks to get everything moved over I was told it would be a minimum of 6 weeks, meaning my old contract would have expired by then leaving me without a phone.

I called the sales person back and asked to cancel my contract, I was promptly told that it wasn’t his job to do that and that I needed to call the cancellation department. I did that and was told, there is no grace period and the only way to get out of the contract is to pay the full amount. Unfortunately I don’t have that kind of money to waste, so I kept going with the transfer, has the process continues to move forward I have found more and more issues that have made work slower and more difficult.

I now have to use a separate company for Telehealth and a separate company for texting our Clients because the Desktop App does not allow for texting outside of the group. I also had to pay for an additional month of my old service because of how long everything took. I’ve tried talking to them and trying to figure out a way to end the contract, but it’s not even taken into consideration. All I have to say is, this is the worst decision I’ve made for my business, and reading all the other reviews it appears I’m not alone.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2022

My day is currently taken up from 8 am to 5pm trying to handle the phones being down over and over again. Our receptionist's phone can't make or receive calls. The escalation engineer told her that her router was the issue. She's been working at home with that router for the last two years with no issue until Dec. Now I have an employee's phone die almost EVERY SINGLE DAY. We log these. And we can't leave our contract because it auto renews with no chance of cancellation or even removing lines that you're no longer using. The customer service is fine, but they can't help the fact that the product they're supporting is garbage. Oh, also, the UI on their dashboard sucks and hasn't been updated in 7 years. That's just a personal pet peeve.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

We switched over systems in December. Three weeks later we still can’t get things working. They blame the problems on our cellphones and internet that never hand problems before. Call quality is subpar. Sales has to hang up and call back on another line to get a good connection. The first week calls didn’t even go through costing us thousands in lost revenue and angry customers. It’s been a nightmare. Good sales pitch, all kinds of assurances on the front end that it’s a great service, but once you committed the tech support and customer support doesn’t handle the issues. We are discussing how to mitigate the damage done to our business so far.

Nextiva author review by Ellen Muraskin

Nextiva offers a suite of business communication features, including phone service, business text messaging, voice and video conferencing. Nextiva also offers its own CRM, analytics, survey tools, live chat, automation workflows and team collaboration tools.

• Communications suite: Nextiva’s communication suite includes VoIP phone service, call recording, an auto-attendant and call routing to help businesses streamline their external communications.

• Collaboration suite: Nextiva has three plan levels for its team collaboration suite: Basic, Professional and Enterprise. The Basic tier is free for up to three users and includes 1:1 video calling, screen sharing and chat. The Professional level is suitable for up to 250 participants. It includes all of the features of the Basic plan and adds the ability to schedule and record meetings. Enterprise accounts get access to social media streaming and a dedicated representative.

• NextOS CRM: The customer relationship management tool offered by Nextiva is for businesses at all stages. The tool lets you manage customers through multichannel support, lead and customer tracking, call pop and automation workflows with custom trigger actions. Analytics provides insight into real-time data, sentiment analysis and customer journey tracking.

• Pricing and plans: Prices vary depending on which services you select. For business phone services, prices range from $19.95 a month for the Essential plan to $27.95 a month and above for an Enterprise plan. For the Collaboration Suite, prices range from free to $99 a month.

by Ellen Muraskin VoIP Advisor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

Nextiva Company Information