Learn More

Start receiving calls today

Manage Your Business Phone System with Dash from VirtualPBX

Get started

Nextiva Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nextiva?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nextiva?

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

Nextiva are excellent to deal with, straight talking knowledgeable staff who gave us the best option for our business where other providers were just pushing specific plans. They performed a professional installation even after discovering other accessories connected to the old telephone system that we wanted to retain. All in all we are very happy with Nextiva and highly recommend them if you are considering a phone service.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

Nextiva has always been an impeccable with assisting us with our communication needs, they are very prompt and efficiently when it comes to resolving any issues we’ve had. Their ability to resolve complicated telecommunication issues within a timely and accurate manner is what our business highly depends on and we've always had our business needs met, often going beyond our expectations.

Get buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2020

I've found working with Nextiva so easy! They're the only company I found explained how everything works before signing up to anything in a simple way. You don't need to be some sort of tech nerd to understand what they're telling you. I've needed support 4 times since signing up, and each time they've been super responsive, helpful, and professional.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

Nextiva saves your customer relationships. It’s THAT good! VoIP is great but the wrong VoIP service is a huge pain for an organization. Nextiva has a great solution, great price and it just works as intended.

Nextiva response

Hello Jay, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear that Nextiva has given you the tools to support your customer better than ever.

Original review: June 12, 2020

We are more proactive because of the Nextiva platform. It’s about the design and how that impacts the service. Nextiva knows service and has developed a platform that makes it intuitive and easy for users to provide a high level of service without the manual efforts. Really awesome for our business and staff. I can’t wait to see how this impacts our business long term. I can safely recommend this service to any business looking for a better customer service platform.

Original review: April 9, 2021

Be sure to read the fine print and be warned – I do not recommend signing a contract with Nextiva! As a small business owner, I would highly recommend sourcing another digital phone provider that delivers reliable phone service, easy to reach tech support, plan flexibility, competitive pricing and most importantly, the option to cancel if the service does not function properly or meet your current business needs. Almost immediately after switching to Nextiva, we regretted our decision. When originally comparing phone providers, we now realize our first warning sign should have been Nextiva’s sales department pressuring us into a 3-year contract by offering a date sensitive promo on monthly rates.

When we first began using Nextiva, all our locations had significant issues with call quality. Our team had trouble logging into Nextiva’s online platform and the call audio was so poor that we couldn’t hear many customers through all of the static. Daily calls to Nextiva service were often needed for multiple team members at multiple locations. Beyond customers lost and team hours wasted, even calling Nextiva’s tech support was made more difficult since anyone calling tech support was required by Nextiva to be an account admin.

Key members of our leadership team have been constantly burdened with Nextiva service issues and have spent countless hours attempting to troubleshoot Nextiva’s problematic platform on their own since calling and emailing support seldom yielded any resolution. In addition to countless leadership hours wasted on internal troubleshooting, our company has initiated hundreds of support requests over our first 2 years of service with Nextiva. Nextiva’s service never improved for us during these years, so we have no hope that it will improve anytime soon.

During the COVID pandemic when our locations were closed for several months, including some which never reopened, Nextiva would not offer any assistance by pausing monthly fees or even reducing the number of lines in our contract. We were forced to pay for services that could not be used during an unbelievably difficult time for small businesses. Except for Nextiva, all our other service vendors were flexible.

Nextiva has been a constant source of frustration for our team, and we feel this has very likely contributed to employee burn out. I personally experienced many of the same call quality issues and stopped using the platform because it was so infuriating. Poor call quality has also likely contributed to irreparable damage to our brand as customer calls are so frequently dropped or missed due to Nextiva’s problematic online platform and phone app.

To summarize: we are locked into a 3-year Nextiva service contract with no apparent accountability from Nextiva in terms of service and call quality. We are still 1 year from being free of Nextiva, yet all 3 years have been a complete waste of money and team resources. YEAR 1: consistently terrible call quality and tech support. YEAR 2: multiple lines could not be used for most of the year due to COVID, then Nextiva’s phone service was even more problematic with our remaining team members working from home to keep our business alive with a heavy dependence on the phone. YEAR 3 is just beginning and we can’t move away from Nextiva fast enough, yet we are being forced to pay out for the last year due to an unfair contract that has no remedy for Nextiva service not functioning properly. Please don’t make the same mistake we did and get trapped by Nextiva!

Original review: March 1, 2021

Nextiva Sales People are liars. They lie through their teeth to get to sign into their service. I told them specifically that I have Salesforce out of the Country and I need a good service and they told me that Nextiva is Better than Vonage. They force me to sign an yearly contract. I only faced problems since I started. All kind of problems and I had to call tech support everyday and spend almost an hour on the phone. After several months of frustration, I told them I want to cancel service. One honest guy there told me that their service is the worst for international customers and they only have one or two foreign customers using their phone system. This was never disclosed by the Sales person when I signed up. They charged me a termination fee after speaking to several representative to cancel and holding for hours. Beware of the Sales People at Nextiva service.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

Our company has been using Nextiva for more than 3 years and they have NEVER let us down! Always professional, efficient and super helpful. Reasonable charge with high quality services. Highly recommended to anyone who needs VOIP service.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

They have been exceptionally helpful every time we have had issues with our phone system. Not once in the past 12 months we have been using them has the issue been of there doing but every time they have gone out of their way to make sure that the problem is sorted out for us.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

I wasn't the one responsible for choosing Nextiva for our office but it's been a good choice. The phones and the system work well and have made a real difference to how we work. The support team are also very responsive which is a great benefit.

Nextiva author review by Ellen Muraskin

Nextiva offers a suite of business communication features, including phone service, business text messaging, voice and video conferencing. Nextiva also offers its own CRM, analytics, survey tools, live chat, automation workflows and team collaboration tools.

• Communications suite: Nextiva’s communication suite includes VoIP phone service, call recording, an auto-attendant and call routing to help businesses streamline their external communications.

• Collaboration suite: Nextiva has three plan levels for its team collaboration suite: Basic, Professional and Enterprise. The Basic tier is free for up to three users and includes 1:1 video calling, screen sharing and chat. The Professional level is suitable for up to 250 participants. It includes all of the features of the Basic plan and adds the ability to schedule and record meetings. Enterprise accounts get access to social media streaming and a dedicated representative.

• NextOS CRM: The customer relationship management tool offered by Nextiva is for businesses at all stages. The tool lets you manage customers through multichannel support, lead and customer tracking, call pop and automation workflows with custom trigger actions. Analytics provides insight into real-time data, sentiment analysis and customer journey tracking.

• Pricing and plans: Prices vary depending on which services you select. For business phone services, prices range from $19.95 a month for the Essential plan to $27.95 a month and above for an Enterprise plan. For the Collaboration Suite, prices range from free to $99 a month.

by Ellen Muraskin VoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

Nextiva Company Information