3.2/5 (156 ratings)

About Nextiva

Nextiva Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nextiva?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nextiva?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

I searched a lot on the internet and saw that Nextiva is a good service for business phone numbers. I got a free trial for the business phone number. Set up a website is not working, I was told there were fixing. Bad impression. It has been 3 days, I could not even use my business phone number. I talked support team, able to talk with customer service is a headache. Just wait, wait, wait. I am gonna cancel it for sure.

Nextiva response

Hello Hamza, thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We're sorry to hear about these issues you've been experiencing with your initial setup. We're here to help! We have reached out to you privately in order to assist you further. We looking forward to getting your response. Thank you.

Resolution response: Sept. 15, 2022

While I cannot give Nextiva a positive rating due to our interactions, we were finally able to come to a resolution. We were allowed to get out of our contract without penalty. It took me posting negative reviews in order to get a response.

My recommendation to others looking to use Nextiva is to do your research and don't be bullied into a long-term contract. Find out what additional equipment you will need for their service to work and take advantage of a free trial period. We learned that using a local company that can provide installation is more beneficial than one in another state.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

Our business was looking for phone service and called several companies, Nextiva was very aggressive calling almost every day to get our business. When we received the phones we couldn't use them as our internet isn't hardwired but Wifi. We were never told what equipment was necessary in order to utilize service and they never asked if we were hardwired or Wifi. When we first called to say we couldn't use the phones, a tech directed us to Amazon to purchase additional equipment. WHAT!? Shouldn't everything be included at the time of purchase? Why should I have to purchase additional equipment from Amazon for your product to work? So, I called the rep myself. The first thing I noticed is that now that we had signed an agreement their response was slow. (I'm still waiting for the admin password to phone after sending an email 5 days ago). The reps call you all day twice a day until they get your business then it's ghost.

When I finally reached someone I put up a fuss stating I didn't appreciate not being given full disclosure on what was required to use phones and that alone made me feel uncomfortable, so I said we would like to return phones and cancel contract. But the very aggressive tech said she could send out the equipment at no charge other than shipping. I've requested my complaint be escalated because I do NOT want to do business with this company. I also found out today that we could have had a month-to-month agreement but it was never disclosed to us as an option. So to get out of this agreement we would be responsible for a 39-month contract. This is WRONG, especially when I see there was opportunity for a free 30-day trial. Something else that wasn't disclosed.

If your services are as good as you claim online, then you should allow every business to have a 30-day free trial to see if their products work for your business, but apparently NEXTIVA is a predatory company that harasses you until they get your business then tell you you're stuck! I wish we had looked at their reviews online because they are HORRIBLE. So, Buyer BEWARE! ADVICE: If you're looking for a VoIP service use a local vendor where they will come out, assess your needs, and install the equipment. If that's not possible make sure they disclose all equipment needed and DO NOT sign any contract. Get month-to-month service or at best a free 30-day trial, to ensure the equipment/service works and meets your needs.

Nextiva response

Hello Leah,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We're really sorry to hear about your experience with us this far. We have reached out to you privately in order to obtain your contact details and get our team to assist you ASAP. We look forward to hearing back from you. Thank you.

Get buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

Stay away from using Nextiva. I had many dropped calls for 4 months, asked for support, poor service, can’t cancel for a year so you’re stuck paying it even if you’re not happy, we’ll see what happens since I am looking at legal options. Sales person lied when I said I only want month to month but signed me up for a service for a year. Be very careful!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

MY saga with Nextiva is long. From day 1 they could not figure out how to provide reliable service. Despite a strong internet connection, they drop calls, would not route calls, terrible call quality, and other gaping holes in their features. Hours of troubleshooting and years of dealing with their joke of a service I finally ported my numbers to Verizon and cancelled my service in April. 4 months later Nextiva is still charging my credit card for cancelled service. I spent 1.5 hours on the phone with Nextiva trying to straighten it out and they are so inept they cannot find the contract they had us sign when starting service. I was supposed to receive a call back when they located my contract. 30 hours later and of course no one at Nextiva has called me back.

From terrible call quality to horrendously inept support Nextiva is not a business, they are some sort of shell company or maybe a money laundering operation. There is no way a company can perform this bad and still have revenue. I am quite frankly amazed. I've used OOMA, Verizon, Ring Central, and 8x8. All of these services are hands down better than Nextiva. Their service works and they have support that actually helps you. Plus they will not fraudulently charge you for cancelled services. My next step is to go dispute Nextiva's fraudulent billing with my credit card company. Even after cancelling their service these people are somehow still wasting my time.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

These guys are a freaking joke at best. They demand your pin, they won't let you do anything until you verify who you are. I gave them my boss's pin and then I was allowed to ask questions, what is the point if I can give you any one's pin. Once I do finally get to speak to someone, they can't find any of our old tickets for my co-workers with the same issues. They keep me on hold the entire time, I spoke with a manager who then sent me back to the tech that couldn't help. GET YOUR COMPANY TOGETHER! This is extremely unprofessional.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

XBert your tier 2 service team JUST broke our phone setup.. We can NO longer receive calls on this number. ** This is urgent! We get the number is NOT in service!!!! And we can NOT get the team assignment for ** to stay permanent! It goes away AFTER we set it! Sorry but really losing patience with Nextiva. We are now LINE DOWN! Our customers hear our number is NOT in service!!! Anyone there???? I guess NOT!!!! WORST INCOMPETENT UNRESPONSIVE support I have ever seen!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

We got this service for our veterinary clinic. Dropped calls all the time. Left us on hold for hours when we would call to try to fix anything. every time we called the people who we finally spoke to were completely lost and give us the runaround. Finally after a year we went to cancel and they claimed we signed a 5 year contract which was false. Then hit us with a $1500 dollar early termination fee. DON'T USE THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE GARBAGE. If possible would give zero stars.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

When I first went to Nextiva, they told me that I can text on my computer to cell phone numbers which is a LIE. Their calling features are quite cumbersome and not smart at all. If you enter a phone number with a 1 in front of it, it will not go through- it's not smart enough like cell phones to fix this itself. Also, the company locks you into a 18 month contract even if you don't like the service. Their customer service takes 30 minutes to pick up your call to tell you that someone will return your call with your issue and if you don't pick up the phone exactly when they call you, they will cancel your request and you have to submit a new request for whatever issue you have. They are quick to close ticket and slow to respond to them. I'd give NEXTIVA negative stars if I could. STEER CLEAR OF THIS COMPANY - go to 8x8 instead of NEXTIVA.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

There are things you don’t know until you sign up with a company. My advice to you is stay away from Nextiva. They are all smiles pre sales. Once they get your signature, they start adding fees for basic features that are standard with nearly all VOIP companies. They are combative and threaten and wave your “signed” agreement in front of you if you complain. A total nightmare.

Resolution response: Aug. 16, 2022

Nextiva was able to waive the entire contract cancellation fee after my review. I definitely think it should have been resolved prior to that and I tried to by mentioning to the cancellation team that I would hate to write a review to which she responded, "it is your right to do so".

I would strongly recommend investing in your set up team more than your sales reps/account managers who simply disappear or get switched on the customer as soon as you sign the contract. I'm sure all my issues would be resolved and I would remain a customer if someone was dedicated to make sure I am up and running the first week. I went with Nextiva based on #1 rating all over internet. Now that I know who is behind the marketing - it seems as a paid statement. Thank you for waiving the cancellation fees. Good luck in your future endeavors.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

We are a growing business and needed to get a sophisticated phone system. Based on the internet's #1 blast for Nextiva we decided to go with "the best". The first Account Executive Steven ** was hungry for my business and attentive, reassuring that he will do anything not to lose my business and when my hesitation arose about the contract - he promised that they would never hold me to the contract if they didn't work out for us. Shortly before we signed the contract, Steven was no longer with the company. We still signed up thinking the new AE will be as great but this is when the nightmare began. My conclusion on the AE's is that they are great until they get the sale. Since April we've had 6 Account executives who weren't helpful at all when we kept having issues. The technical support wasn't helpful and lacked English so we spent hours and hours on the phone and got nowhere with issues such as:

We had down time during business hours and we were promised that wouldn't happen.
    Multiple phones wouldn't work for over a month and no-one would respond to my emails asking for help.
    Caller ID still doesn't show our business name and I stressed the importance of that before signing up.
    Call flow distribution was all over the place.
    Calls were being dropped daily AKA LOSING CUSTOMERS!!!
    During a call with a customer music would come on out of nowhere that usually plays during a hold interrupting a conversation.
    Cordless phones wouldn't transfer so the employees would share phones.
    SMS/MMS never working but included in price.
    Account Executives not responding to emails for weeks.

Non existent customer service!!!

I emailed multiple AE's on 06/01 that I'd like to cancel then called due to no response again. I came across a new AE who talked me out of cancelling stating he would help me and that also got nowhere. I finally called the loyalty team today asking for a cancellation and they stated it would cost me $2,995 as I have 20 months left in a contract. No business can afford to pay that kind of money for a service that never worked in the first place. It's a horrible business practice to hold someone accountable to a contract for a service that never worked correctly in the first place. I should pay for the 4 months of terrible service, but $2,995 to leave that terrible service?? That's a scam & everyone should know about it. Extremely disappointed. Stay away business owners!

Nextiva author review by Ellen Muraskin

Nextiva offers a suite of business communication features, including phone service, business text messaging, voice and video conferencing. Nextiva also offers its own CRM, analytics, survey tools, live chat, automation workflows and team collaboration tools.

• Communications suite: Nextiva’s communication suite includes VoIP phone service, call recording, an auto-attendant and call routing to help businesses streamline their external communications.

• Collaboration suite: Nextiva has three plan levels for its team collaboration suite: Basic, Professional and Enterprise. The Basic tier is free for up to three users and includes 1:1 video calling, screen sharing and chat. The Professional level is suitable for up to 250 participants. It includes all of the features of the Basic plan and adds the ability to schedule and record meetings. Enterprise accounts get access to social media streaming and a dedicated representative.

• NextOS CRM: The customer relationship management tool offered by Nextiva is for businesses at all stages. The tool lets you manage customers through multichannel support, lead and customer tracking, call pop and automation workflows with custom trigger actions. Analytics provides insight into real-time data, sentiment analysis and customer journey tracking.

• Pricing and plans: Prices vary depending on which services you select. For business phone services, prices range from $19.95 a month for the Essential plan to $27.95 a month and above for an Enterprise plan. For the Collaboration Suite, prices range from free to $99 a month.

by Ellen Muraskin VoIP Advisor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

Nextiva Company Information