Find a VoIP Providers partner

Start receiving calls today

Manage Your Business Phone System with Dash from VirtualPBX

Get started

Nextiva Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nextiva?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nextiva?

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

Nextiva are excellent to deal with, straight talking knowledgeable staff who gave us the best option for our business where other providers were just pushing specific plans. They performed a professional installation even after discovering other accessories connected to the old telephone system that we wanted to retain. All in all we are very happy with Nextiva and highly recommend them if you are considering a phone service.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

They have been exceptionally helpful every time we have had issues with our phone system. Not once in the past 12 months we have been using them has the issue been of there doing but every time they have gone out of their way to make sure that the problem is sorted out for us.

Get buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

Nextiva has always been an impeccable with assisting us with our communication needs, they are very prompt and efficiently when it comes to resolving any issues we’ve had. Their ability to resolve complicated telecommunication issues within a timely and accurate manner is what our business highly depends on and we've always had our business needs met, often going beyond our expectations.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2020

I've found working with Nextiva so easy! They're the only company I found explained how everything works before signing up to anything in a simple way. You don't need to be some sort of tech nerd to understand what they're telling you. I've needed support 4 times since signing up, and each time they've been super responsive, helpful, and professional.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

Nextiva provided excellent upfront service and great product insight which allowed us to easily implement the right phone solution for my business. On the few occasions we've had to the phone the support team, they have been extremely responsive and helpful in resolving our issues or implementing minor system changes.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

I am a new client to this company. I was sold a product and program that simply doesn't exist. I have had my equipment for a month and we are still not live. They do not tell you about all of the changes that you will need to make in regards to internet and current phone system before their equipment will work. They have very high turnover so reaching your rep will simply not happen. I finally got a supervisor's name-Gary ** who I have called now 6 times with no response. I regret the day that I signed this contract and would warn every business to beware of this company. They are certainly not what they make you believe in their sales pitch.

Nextiva response

Hello Nina, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're sorry to hear that you've been having issues getting set up with your Nextiva system. We want to make this right. Please email us your contact information at hello@nextiva.com, and we'll have our team reach out ASAP.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

Told us that it would work for us our company and when we set it up all the texting didn't work as planned. We cancelled it over the phone but they still rebilled. Now they won't even refund after calling 3 days in a row. I have to dispute the charges. The system and call transferring were extremely difficult, were were sold a dream.

Nextiva response

Hello Rao, thank you for your review. We appreciate you making us aware of the challenges you're facing with billing and want to make this right. Please email us your contact information at hello@nextiva.com, and we'll have our team reach out ASAP.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

(Nextiva Lie #1) I talked with James **. He was the sales rep that promised me excellent customer service. (Truth) My staff was on hold for hours trying to work with them. It was near impossible to get someone on the phone and when we did they were generally clueless. I personally was on the phone for over 2 hours attempting to cancel. They would not promptly return emails or calls and it was difficult scheduling appointments.

(Nextiva Lie #2) He also promised that we had a 30 day out clause. Meaning after 30 days of using the Nextiva service we could cancel at any time. He promised me (I mean he lied to me) and explained that we'd be able to use the service for 30 days. This was very important because we are a medical facility and I needed to try the Nextiva phone service to ensure that it was functional and reliable for patient care.

(The Truth) Well, their onboarding process was awful! It took them over 30 days and we were not even onboarded yet. The experience was so bad that I canceled the service. However, Katie (who was actually very nice) explained to me that her "leadership" told her my 30 days started from the moment on signed the agreement not the moment the phone service was up and running. She stated I'd have to pay over $12,000 to cancel the contract.

Nextiva response

Hello Robert, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're sorry to hear that you've been having issues with canceling your service. While we're sad to see you go we want to make this right. Please email us your contact information at hello@nextiva.com and we'll have our team reach out ASAP.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

Nextiva Customer Service/Support is TERRIBLE. They charge more than what you had agreed to pay when you signed up, try to sell you plans that cost more than what you actually need, and their support reps hang-up on customers. Very unprofessional.

Nextiva response

Hello CC, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your service and support. We want to make this right. Please email us your contact information at hello@nextiva.com, and we'll have our team reach out ASAP.

Original review: July 23, 2021

Called in April to cancel account. Was informed that the process will take time and I might see charges on my account however when the cancellation is processed the payments would be refunded. After 3 months of charges and notification for a charge for month four I called to inquire. Was informed no case had been opened, the account was still active and no refund could be given. Finally an email was sent immediately for cancellation, which means this was intentionally not done initially. Requested call back from management. However these are poor business practices. I will never do business with this company again and will notify anyone I come in contact with of the experience and better options. People need to know about this company. And I am owed the 3 months of intentional and unethical removal of fees following a live call with a request to cancel and verbal confirmation that the cancellation process had indeed been initiated.

Nextiva response

Hello Uraina, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry that you've experienced this issue with your cancelation. We want to resolve this issue for you. Please email us your contact information at hello@nextiva.com, and we'll have our team reach out ASAP.

Nextiva author review by Ellen Muraskin

Nextiva offers a suite of business communication features, including phone service, business text messaging, voice and video conferencing. Nextiva also offers its own CRM, analytics, survey tools, live chat, automation workflows and team collaboration tools.

• Communications suite: Nextiva’s communication suite includes VoIP phone service, call recording, an auto-attendant and call routing to help businesses streamline their external communications.

• Collaboration suite: Nextiva has three plan levels for its team collaboration suite: Basic, Professional and Enterprise. The Basic tier is free for up to three users and includes 1:1 video calling, screen sharing and chat. The Professional level is suitable for up to 250 participants. It includes all of the features of the Basic plan and adds the ability to schedule and record meetings. Enterprise accounts get access to social media streaming and a dedicated representative.

• NextOS CRM: The customer relationship management tool offered by Nextiva is for businesses at all stages. The tool lets you manage customers through multichannel support, lead and customer tracking, call pop and automation workflows with custom trigger actions. Analytics provides insight into real-time data, sentiment analysis and customer journey tracking.

• Pricing and plans: Prices vary depending on which services you select. For business phone services, prices range from $19.95 a month for the Essential plan to $27.95 a month and above for an Enterprise plan. For the Collaboration Suite, prices range from free to $99 a month.

by Ellen Muraskin VoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

Nextiva Company Information