Magazine Yellow Pages

Compare Publications

Research top Publications recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have been waiting since December 2009 for my one-year subscription to TV Guide magazine. It's been 20 months, almost two years, and I have received nothing but excuse after excuse from Cathy **. She promised a return of my reward points and a complimentary two-year subscription back in April 2011. Never got either. Do not buy anything from this company. They’ll ripped you off. This company needs to be shut down and not allowed to operate. No subscription should take 20 months to receive! I'm a senior citizen who has been ripped off by a company who employs a liar as their CEO. Cathy ** has given me every excuse under the sun and still has not returned my reward points or my two-year subscription to TV Guide.

I placed an order for a magazine and was charged accordingly. The magazine never arrived, even after repeated email confirmations/phone calls to Cathy **. After months, the emails/phones call messages were no longer answered and I contacted my credit card company for a full refund on my monies. I fear this "company" should not be permitted to collect monies for services they do not provide.

I ordered online the Gaither Homecoming Magazine on August 23, 2010 using my debit card. The charge was made against my account but I have received no magazine. I have called and left messages and have sent an email, with no response to either. I wish I had read the complaints about them before I gave them my debit card number. Is there any chance of getting a refund? I am a senior citizen and $19.95 is a lot of money to me.

Through Chase Bank’s “I Reward Points”, I earned a free magazine subscription. The order was placed on March 5, 2010 and I was told it would be 6-12 weeks before I received my first issue. Well, it has almost seven months and no issue. I have tried to contact Magazine Yellow Pages for the last seven days (2 times everyday), but it only seems to be an exercise in wasting my time. All I do is leave a message and wait for nobody to call be back. I have also sent two emails with the same luck as calling. On their website it proudly states they will contact you within 24 hours. When I finally found a way to contact Ms. Beers, she promised she would take care of my situation and somebody would call me right back.

Well, I waited a week and nobody called. I called her again and she said she would fix the situation. Do I have to wait another seven months to find out if the situation is fixed? When I reported the business to the BBB Ms. Beers lied about our conversations to improve her business outlook. Based on the testimonials about this company and Ms. Beers, I would say they both are perpetual liars. What a joke. It seems you can put anything on your website and not back it up. This company has the worst customer service and service I have ever seen.

I am amazed Chase Bank allows such a company to represent themselves. Beware, never associate with Magazine Yellow Pages or Ms. Cathy Beers! Something really needs to be done about this company. This wasted my time. I got no product from a promised service and lied to by a company and CEO when an apology could have fixed the problem.

Through my bank rewards program, I ordered a year's subscription to TV Guide magazine in December, 2009, through Magazine Yellow Pages. It's been 10 months and I have not received one single issue. I have left numerous messages (no one ever answers the phone) and finally in late May 2010, six months later, a Sharon tells me they are very behind and that I should receive my first issue by July 2010. It's now almost October and I still have not received one single issue. Again, despite numerous calls, no one has called me back. Something needs to be done.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Magazine Yellow Pages?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

I ordered a magazine subscription through my bank's point system in December 2009. I was told that it would take a few months and I would receive the magazine beginning no later than March 10th. By April, I still had not received anything so I contacted the business responsible, Magazine Yellow Pages. I had to leave a message and someone did return my April call and told me that they would take care of it. They confirmed my address, etc.

It is now July and I have not received anything. I have left several phone messages and emailed twice and have not received a reply. What a hassle.

We at Magazine Yellow Pages process hundreds of thousands of orders for hundreds of magazines and have a pristine reputation of delivery. Yet one person sends you a complaint and we are unable to respond. Surely you must understand how one-sided this is and the affect it has on a business. This issue was resolved. And we want it on record. Thank you. This can never be good for a company built around service! The ability to respond to a complaint is a normal procedure.

Back in early September, I ordered a magazine through my bank "points". I was told this would take a couple of months before I saw my first issue, fine, no problem. I figured I'd get my first issue then in January. Well, the end of January came and still no magazine, so I called Magazine Yellow Pages to find out where this was. They told me it was "on its way". I then waited a few more weeks and called again because I still didn't receive anything, same answer, it's "on its way".

Now, it is the end of February and I still have not received anything. I have been trying to contact this place for several weeks now and no one answers the phone and no one returns my calls. I even tried e-mailing them, and still, no response. Had I known this was going to be such a hassle and I was going to have to wait close to half a year, I would not have ordered this magazine.

Magazine Yellow Pages Company Profile