2.23/5
Based on 39 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

39 Kickstarter Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 17, 2016

Facebook and Twitter especially are useful to promote Kickstarter projects. Easy to share links of the projects I want to support... Projects of friends/friends' family members and classmates from HS and College. Seems very easy to set up. Enough guidelines to follow to fully set up project funding. Need to follow guidelines and suggestions for a successful campaign. Fees are reasonable as comparable to other crowd funding sites. Need to make sure to read fine print so you are fully aware of what the fees are and how related to amounts collected. Truth be told I have not had much need for customer experience. I imagine that the customer service is helpful as the overall site is very active.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2016

There doesn't seem to be any recourse for defective/missing products once you've donated. Click - pick which $$ funding you want and pay. Easy peasy. I've had mainly good results with Kickstarter - some took longer than initially thought but still came. However, there is 1 that a defective product was received and I've communicated for about 2 years with them. Last I hear I think they are filing bankruptcy or selling.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Sept. 15, 2016

It's linked to my amazon.com account. All I have to do is select the donation I want and it's automatically charged to my Amazon account. Donating on Kickstarter is incredibly easy. You can easily and quickly donate to all the projects if you so chose to. The only challenge lays with the project founders/creators themselves. Not all projects come to fruition and many are rife with problems or setbacks. I've been fortunate, in that most have come to market and when they haven't; my funds returned.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2016

Good information, straightforward, good follow-ups every month or so.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2016

Everything went smoothly. No hitches or delays. Click, enter into, done. Good way to promote project, which was creation of elibrary of book collection.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kickstarter ?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2016

I had two experience. The first is the one I'm reviewing now. The second was terrible. I simply charged to my credit card. I received the item the company made. It exceeded my expectation as to quality and design.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2016

I used a credit card. It's been charged on the date and no problems at all. Also it made it easy for me to bump up into a better tier when it became available. All communication and updates has been through Kickstarter and it's been easy. It's been great, no surprises.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2016

It was easy to integrate and add it to social media. I liked that it was so easy. All I really had to do was push a button and it would share it to social media and same with Twitter it was easy there too. Has very clear step by step directions on how to set everything up and how to use it all. I liked that it was easy to understand and not complicated. It was cheap to set it up. Initially I thought that it was free but there was a small fee. I don't remember what the fee was. It is nice that it was cheap. I never used customer support because I never needed to call and ask a question. But I have heard that they have good customer support who is willing to answer your questions.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2016

It's hard for a project to get off the ground if it doesn't have the "social media hype". You need lots of talk about your game since not many people check the Kickstarter websites often. Easy to navigate. The project's main goal or purpose is always at the top of the page, more information as you go down. Then you have your tier list on the right as well as what's usually with them. As for the main site, they have all the different projects into categories, making it easy to find something you are interested in.

Kickstarter Company Information