3.53/5

Looking for a good VoIP provider?

Jive Communications

Jive provides Internet phone systems and other business communication products to organizations of all sizes and types. Since its founding in 2006, Jive has provided affordable, powerful, and reliable service bundles that deliver all the communication tools necessary to run a startup, a school, or a global business.

For more information, visit www.jive.com

Looking for a good VoIP provider?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Jive Communications Reviews

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

We switched to Jive in August of 2019 and they had a very slick sales team and demo. We thought that it would be solid since we have always had good experiences with LogMeIn and their products, but we were totally wrong. Jive's system simply does not work. First, they botched the number porting from our previous provider and our phones were down for 5 to 6 hours during the busiest portion of the day. The call queues do not work with 3/4ths of the features they have and the queue calls can skip over agents, have constant audio issues, dropped calls, and failed connections. What did support do about this? Tell us it was our fault and we needed to change our network settings, which I did.

This took up a ton of time as I am by no means a network specialist or expert, but I made the changes and we continued to have issues. Support continued to say that it was our fault and it was the network settings. Then, the system started deleting our settings. Call Queues had to be recreated because the system "had trouble finding the settings". We had voicemails recordings disappear. Their reporting is atrocious and there would be missing calls that agents would show on their phone occurred, but they were nowhere to be found on the reporting system. Every single piece of Jive's system is in Beta, whether they display it or not. I got their support team to admit it to me, even though the sales team would not.

To top off this terrible experience, our final bill was 65% higher than the quote they gave us. I went to dispute this with their resolutions team and they said they would look into it. They hid and did not get back to and ran our card on file for the full amount. This is a dishonest company with terrible customer service. We quickly changed providers again after a month of using them. I would not recommend this system to anyone! Stay away and don't get sucked in by their low quote and smooth looking demo. Reality is much different than what they portray.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

This is a terrible company. First tip off was the sales rep was calling me from his own cell phone because their “system” was down. They never managed to get a phone system to me, deal with the fact that I didn’t get a phone or provide any help. They are very efficient at billing your credit card. I unfortunately have to deal with the charges through my card provider. Never dealt with a company as bad as this one. They said I could buy out the remainder of my “contract” even though I don’t have a phone system. Wow.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I purchased a phone and phone plan from Jive but it never worked. The tech support people worked on it for several days with me on hold or waiting for a result but none followed. I finally ported my number to another company and after I did, Jive told me I owe them $300 for 10 months. The phone never worked!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

Super Super disappointed by their customer service and their sales team. Been dealing with issues for over 2 months. Supervisor was asked to call me several times, with absolutely NO call back. Multiple emails to their resolutions team, takes over a week to get a response. And even those responses do not say anything other than we are working on your case. We never actually set up our service and because it's been over 24 hours (duh) they are charging my account. Fraud department will now be involved. I am also seeking legal counsel as I am getting nowhere with this joke of a company. Take it from me, stay far away from Jive.

Original review: July 29, 2019

I signed up with Jive to get a phone system for my company. They never checked if we had the right requirements in order to set up their system. Once it arrived we could not set it up and they never fixed it. So two month later we still do not have a working phone system. They even move our phone line after we told them that we were not set up! Now they are claiming that it is basically our fault and therefore we owe them the 6 month contract. Unbelievable bad service. The contract was not fulfilled on their part and they still want us to pay when we have not received the promised service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jive Communications?

Original review: July 12, 2019

I cancelled my free trial for a product of which I never logged in or even set up, I didn't ask for a refund for those months. I just asked to cancel. Months went by and I noticed I kept getting charged and billed so I asked to cancel again and they said they can see when I made the first request but they refused to refund me the funds because they needed a form signed for a cancellation. My issue is with a company who would rather lose a client or reputation to keep $20 a month. I just had to write a review because I have worked in customer service many years and if I can clearly tell someone never used my product or services then I would gladly give them the money back and if they cancelled I would stop the billing immediately and collect any forms after.

Original review: July 2, 2019

Don't use. 1.They told me that I would not have an auto-payment after our trial. This was addressed in the very beginning and they assured me. Even contacted them days before our trial was up to let them know we wouldn't be signing up....Drafted anyways. 2. The APP is absolutely terrible. On numerous occasions, I would go to answer the phone and the person on the other line could not hear me. I would have to call them from my personal cell just to do business which defeated the purpose of the software. 3. Customer Service is not reliable. Only got generic responses. I've used Grasshopper in the past and it was MUCH better.

Original review: May 14, 2019

Our office has been using Jive for several years with minimal complaints. There are occasional interruptions in the voice service (like cutting out), but it's difficult to know where the issue lies, especially since a lot of our clients call us from their cell phones. We never experience dropped calls, and overall we are satisfied with the quality of our VoIP. We had a billing issue recently (we had to open a new checking account), and customer service was very helpful and friendly and got our automatic payments set up again with no problems. Our company has no intentions of switching from Jive any time soon.

Original review: May 8, 2019

Jive Customer service is always a pleasure to work with. Quick and courteous service. The service tech was able to get into the telecommunications system and were able to get the phone back up and connected.

Original review: May 6, 2019

The system is affordable and reliable. It has all of the features we need and it is intuitive to administer. We've been customers for several years and have referred several other business. Tech support is solid.

Jive Communications Company Information