Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.15/5

Jive provides Internet phone systems and other business communication products to organizations of all sizes and types. Since its founding in 2006, Jive has provided affordable, powerful, and reliable service bundles that deliver all the communication tools necessary to run a startup, a school, or a global business.

For more information, visit www.jive.com

Start receiving calls today

Manage Your Business Phone System with Dash from VirtualPBX

Get started

Start receiving calls today

Manage Your Business Phone System with Dash from VirtualPBX

Get started

Jive Communications Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jive Communications?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jive Communications?

Original review: July 9, 2020

I spent four days trying to set it up. Two of them on the phone with their tech support, it could not be activated. Only the billing seems to work, every month. The company changed its name from Jive Communications, I guess to avoid the reviews they got.

Original review: March 11, 2020

It took me 2 months to just to be able to log in. They of course charged me for those 2 months. They never offered me discount or compromise. They just wanted their money. Once we resolved that problem, the interface was so clunky it was difficult to use. It was as if I had to learn to code just to get through it. Customer service was little to no help and they just referred me to the help database. WORTHLESS! The idea is good but there was obviously no thought given to customer service or user interface. They just want you to sign up and go on a 6 month contract in order to get paid. After that you are on your own and it's basically "Screw you!" from then on. Any business owner should steer clear of this company.

Get buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

We ported our numbers to them last week. We have had virtually no support since. We call and are on hold for 20-30 minutes. Then the department we reached tells us that a different department has to help us. Then they give us the number to that department rather than transfering us. On hold again for 20-30 minutes. Then that department tells us the other needs to help us. Emails go unanswered. Or they send us a link to a video that does not help us. I call my sales rep. He's "frustrated as well." He and his VP have requested to their service department that they give us a call to help us.

Two days later and no one has contacted us. I emailed my rep and told him we want to leave since they can provide nothing more than incoming and outgoing calls. No messages, no training on how to use their low quality phones. No response other than, "We will try to get someone to call you to help you." Then I call him and he transfers me to another person who says that even though they haven't provided what was promised inside of a week, I am bound by a contract for a year of this crap.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

The Jive sales team is on point! They talk a big talk and make all sorts of promises but once you sign on the dotted line they no longer return your calls. I was hesitant to sign the contract because we have an unusual networking system that includes another dental office so I was sure to let Jesse at Jive know about my concerns. He assured me everything would be fine and if we weren't able to use their phones we would be able to get out of the contract. BUT... once the contract was signed things changed. Jesse no longer returns my calls and now that we can't use their service and are trying to get out of the contract they are no longer willing to help. Promises were made to us on a recorded line but the recordings have mysteriously disappeared so it's my word against Jesse's. I am very disappointed in this company and warn everyone not to fall for their promises!!!!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

Jive was the worst decision we could have ever made as a company. They are dishonest, rude, and tried to double bill us at the end. Seems like it's run out of someone's basement. Trying to discontinue service with them is just about impossible. STAY AWAY!!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

We decided to give Jive a try because their sales staff was amazing -- and honestly their set-up and customer service staff was too. It seemed to have all of the features we wanted -- plus some! So it didn't seem odd to us that they wanted a 1 year contract, which we signed. Then came time to set-up. VERY confusing and not always intuitive. Took multiple phone calls for help, and often we didn't even know WHAT to ask! They were super helpful, but it took a couple of months to try to get it set up correctly.

Then we discovered the call quality. It ranged from ok, but a little tinny to garbled with drop-outs every few seconds. Our business depends on our phone support lines, and we began to dread every call -- both incoming and outgoing, because we never knew what the quality would be. Jive kept telling us they'd test it / fix it... but then said all was fine. It wasn't. It got so bad that we started getting customer complaints. We simply cannot afford this in our business, so we cancelled and switched back to our previous provider (Ring Central).

NOW Jive is insisting that we pay off the full 1-year contract -- about 1K, even though we were never able to use their system as advertised -- and we tried for over 2 months. THAT IS WHY THEY HAVE YOU SIGN THE CONTRACT. Funny how Ring Central doesn't have one... Hmmmm.... Beware -- they won't give an inch on this, even though I was ready to pay a reduced fee just to be done with it. Even our sales person there was pushing their resolutions department to drop it. They refused. We're now talking to our lawyers. BEWARE.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

You can not call and tell JIVE to stop business. They will keep billing you unless you return their email requesting cancellation. They lie about when and how you request a change in service. When I did sent them their email they still billed me for a month after I ported the number. Resolution Center is useless. They get a sick thrill out of hearing you complain and "you better not threaten them with the FCC". They will do the opposite of what you agree. STAY AWAY.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

We switched to Jive in August of 2019 and they had a very slick sales team and demo. We thought that it would be solid since we have always had good experiences with LogMeIn and their products, but we were totally wrong. Jive's system simply does not work. First, they botched the number porting from our previous provider and our phones were down for 5 to 6 hours during the busiest portion of the day. The call queues do not work with 3/4ths of the features they have and the queue calls can skip over agents, have constant audio issues, dropped calls, and failed connections. What did support do about this? Tell us it was our fault and we needed to change our network settings, which I did.

This took up a ton of time as I am by no means a network specialist or expert, but I made the changes and we continued to have issues. Support continued to say that it was our fault and it was the network settings. Then, the system started deleting our settings. Call Queues had to be recreated because the system "had trouble finding the settings". We had voicemails recordings disappear. Their reporting is atrocious and there would be missing calls that agents would show on their phone occurred, but they were nowhere to be found on the reporting system. Every single piece of Jive's system is in Beta, whether they display it or not. I got their support team to admit it to me, even though the sales team would not.

To top off this terrible experience, our final bill was 65% higher than the quote they gave us. I went to dispute this with their resolutions team and they said they would look into it. They hid and did not get back to and ran our card on file for the full amount. This is a dishonest company with terrible customer service. We quickly changed providers again after a month of using them. I would not recommend this system to anyone! Stay away and don't get sucked in by their low quote and smooth looking demo. Reality is much different than what they portray.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

This is a terrible company. First tip off was the sales rep was calling me from his own cell phone because their “system” was down. They never managed to get a phone system to me, deal with the fact that I didn’t get a phone or provide any help. They are very efficient at billing your credit card. I unfortunately have to deal with the charges through my card provider. Never dealt with a company as bad as this one. They said I could buy out the remainder of my “contract” even though I don’t have a phone system. Wow.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I purchased a phone and phone plan from Jive but it never worked. The tech support people worked on it for several days with me on hold or waiting for a result but none followed. I finally ported my number to another company and after I did, Jive told me I owe them $300 for 10 months. The phone never worked!

Jive Communications author review by Ellen Muraskin

Jive Communications offers VoIP-based phone systems to businesses and institutions worldwide through its cloud-based platform. The company has partnerships with global leaders in the telecommunications services and hardware industry, including Panasonic, ADTRAN, Level 3 Communications, Cisco, Microsoft, Juniper Networks, Polycom, Verizon Business and Ingram Micro.

• Web portal: Customers can run their entire phone system online through a dedicated web portal.

• Easy installation: Jive Communications' phones are shipped ready to install and require no hardware setup.

• Software integration: The company offers standard and custom integration with customers' existing CRM, ERP and other software systems.

• Use any browser: Jive Web gives access to calling features, contact availability (presence), texting and system changes from any browser.

• Customer support: Jive Communications provides 24/7 support through its U.S.-based support technicians, network engineers and customer service agents.

by Ellen Muraskin VoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

Jive Communications Company Information