toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I was looking around on the internet for providers and Jive is listed on our corporate website as a recommended vendor. It's significantly better than my previous phone systems. The other ones were a pain on the back, they were never available for tech support. I have numbers from two different locations and with Jive, I get to merge two different offices into one phone call. I use the system mostly for incoming but also for some outgoing calls. If our phones go down, I can get hold of Jive. They work to fix them and are responsive to the requirements that I need. They've always been very professional, friendly and courteous. I also like their scheduling system. We can schedule what to do at different times of the day.

Jive has many more features that we didn't have before with the local phone company. It is also more advanced. We have it on call rotations and that helps with transferring the phones to the on-call technician, so that’s been nice. We also give voicemail access to all our employees, which has been good. Their reps have been very good to work with, their support has been great and their project management team was wonderful. Once we got through some of the nuances of our network, the onboarding process was fairly easy.

We started rolling out Jive two years ago in a company that I used to work for and when I started my own company I just continued the partnership with Jive. I'm very happy with them, their service and their support. In fact, I'm very much in the process of trying to convert all my clients to Jive Systems. They're along dedicated analog lines and it's just the features and everything that comes along with Jive are awesome.

Resolution In Progress

Jive Communications

I'm having someone reach out asap to make this right. Thank you for your review.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

We were using a different VoIP provider that was crap and so we searched on the internet and found Jive. Its biggest asset is that we can answer the phone in a variety of places. All of the employees at Jive are absolutely fantastic and wonderful. Somebody has got an incredible job of training the skills of customer service and politeness and being able to speak well, being a good listener.

However, I don't like it. It's intermittent and it doesn’t work. It took months to be able to call all of our customer bases and even now when we make a call it doesn’t go through. We picked up our cell phone and it goes right through.We turned in a trouble ticket and a couple of days later, they asked us to try it. It worked until three months later and we called that exchange and it didn’t work again.

On one hand, I thought that they have a good product when I was a kid, but on the other hand, I can't talk nicely about it in anywhere I go because it's frustrating on a day by day basis. We set something up in the map that shows when a call comes in and you do this for a while and handle it that way. Then all of a sudden it's just changed and we didn’t change it. I only got one guy here that knows the password to get into it and it's like usually two hours on the phone.

This has got to be costing them a fortune even though they have really good customer service people in Guatemala and I'm so happy that they used them instead of Pakistan or the Philippines because they have really good English sounding vocabulary. As an older person with a little bit of hearing loss now, I can communicate with them really good.

The irony is just because of the inconsistency. We're using Jive web beta now and it's got a few flaws in it as it's being developed. That’s fine because we're working toward something, but they took the other one away from us that all my people had learned. We had put a lot of hours into training them and rather than waiting until Jive web beta isn't beta anymore, they killed off the other one and then they said that we'll just use JITSI for a while, some third party software, so now I got to put all my people through a whole another set of training on a really crappy piece of software so that we can use Jive on cell phones because that’s how my company is set up, a computer station is its own phone.

And here's the problem. I made an investment in telephones and got hardware investments here. I killed off a whole series of phone lines with another company and dumped the $6,000 phone system then I put my people through a whole lot of training then I put my IT guy who I pay by the hour that he’s on the phone trying to sort these things out with Jive and the frustrating thing is that not once did anybody say that they'll give us $10 off our bill this month although here's another thing we'll love. Every once in a while my $115 bill jumps to $200 or $300 and then we have to call them and they would say that there's been a mistake and they'll fix it. Then two months later comes the money back on the credit card. But it's like if I didn’t stay on it all the time, I'd be paying you three times what I'm supposed to be. And it didn't just happen once.

I try and support American businesses. I would have them signed up at 30 or 40 companies by now if they had what they promised me. All I have is clients and my business is communicating on the phone with clients. I have created a little five-person company that has the only product of communicating, interacting, and doing good for our customers. I hope that somebody actually listens to it and understands.

We've been very satisfied with Jive Communications. When we were first setting things up, everything was explained well. In fact, we didn’t have any problems getting our equipment and getting it set up.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jive Communications?

Jive Communications always helped me with any issues that I've had, and I've never had a problem. It's easy to work. Service was prompt. Even when I get busy and forget to follow up, they always remind me and are very patient. However, the most confusing thing was the dial plans. But overall, it's been great.

Before using the Jive communication system in our company, we just had a regular, copper-based POTS system. Now we use Jive for our regular phone calls. Everybody has an extension. Managing the PBX online is the feature we use the most. We had an issue where calls weren't getting routed correctly, which turned out to be a firewall error on our end. But the rep helped us out a lot in isolating the issue and getting it fixed. They were quick in getting that issue taken care of. They're reliable. Although I don't have too much of an experience with other internet providers, after using Jive I'm not seeking out any other vendors. I'm happy with what they provide.

We used RingCentral before but Jive was cheaper at that point so we switched. Jive's better, too. We use it for local-long distance phone calls within the United States. We constantly update our phone numbers for different businesses, counseling and activating new numbers. Their team members have been able to answer our questions too. It's been a good experience.

We’re a part of Oregon State University and the university switched all of their on-campus phones to the Jive system and so we are in one of their outlying extension offices and all of our offices are slowly switching to Jive. Their team has been really pleasant and we like Jive. However, the tech support is kind of difficult. It's all been via email. When I have a technical issue it has been a struggle because they have to e-mail and then you try something and e-mail back and so it’s not as easy as just talking to somebody and walking you through something. But other than that, customer service and Kelly, our account representative, have been great.

I got Jive Communications and I'm happy like I can be. It is the best company that I ever saw based on how it managed their customer service. It's amazing. But yesterday I had a real bad feeling because I need some help and it looked like we would not get what we were looking for. But other than that, it’s been unbelievable. They’re prompt in taking care of the issues.

Jive has worked out a whole lot better than what we used to have. We used to not be able to transfer calls so we use that all the time now. I also enjoy the call blocking and filtering. I've had some issues that needed support help and Jive responded very quickly. We've also had a lot of problems getting our phone numbers released from our old provider to Jive. Jive said it was my old provider but then they said it was Jive though it was the only issue we had.

We use the Jive system mostly for customer assistance. Every time I've needed anything with them, their customer service has been very up to speed so I've never had any trouble. If there's ever been any issues, we just call it in and it's been resolved.

The president of our company said we were getting Jive phone service. My favourite feature is that the phone can be forwarded to another number and that way I can control anybody's phone. I'd recommend them!

We’ve been with Jive for five years now. The best feature that they have is the automated attendant because I can’t set it up myself since we do it so infrequently. I just call and tell them what I want, I record the message and they set it up. So when the office is closed unexpectedly or for holidays, they get that automated attendant and it just does its thing and lets people know. Their customer service and tech support have always been phenomenal and it’s always been a pleasure dealing with them. The people always feel helpful and very friendly. I would definitely recommend them.

A friend of mine uses Jive for his phone system and told me about it. Jive runs our phones now and they've been great when we’ve had problems with our phones or voicemails. It’s been a wonderful experience with Jive so we're very happy.

We were looking for voice over internet and found Jive on the web. We use conference calling, call forwarding, messaging and the system where the voicemail gets our messages. That's vital for us. We use all features which are exactly useful for our company. We're a trade association so we use their system for every level - legislative calls and also on consumers.

They're an incredibly professional and helpful company. We've never had a voice over phone system before and I was not familiar with the whole Jive service but they train well. They explain things in a way that I don't end up being an idiot for asking questions. The phone lines are much clearer with their system. They are very responsive whenever we have a question. I go to the chat feature and they're right there. If they're not there, either I call in or they call right back. I never had to wait more than a couple of hours for a response. Then they find a way to solve issues. I thoroughly enjoy working with Jive people. I would happily recommend them.

Everything’s been going smoothly. It has all the features that I expect out of a VoIP service. The auto attendant and the portal are easy to use so I’m happy with it. I would recommend them to a friend.

We rarely had to call them but any time we have, they’ve been very helpful. We mostly use the phone tree and outgoing messages features, but we haven’t actually started forwarding phones. So far we’ve been very happy with Jive.

Jive Communications bought the provider we were with. The other provider was here in Tempe so we saw them on occasions. Jive is somewhere else so we talk to them on the phone and so it's a different experience. But they’re very professional and easy to get a hold of, which is a plus. The people are always very polite and helpful. Every issue I had, they were able to resolve quickly. We use the Jive system for local and long distance calls. I use the dashboard when I have to change the greeting.

We use the Jive system to set different messages and call dial plans. Customer service is really good. They're right on it, time-wise, if I need to call more. I like the chat feature where I can just quickly send them a chat and they’ll pull it and tell me what's going on - if there's a problem, if it's something local or if it's something they don't have control of.

Whenever I send Jive an email, they respond pretty quickly. I know the best time to contact them, so that they can get back to me as soon as possible. I like their quick response time. I know that sometimes the phones go down, and that's not really their fault but they respond pretty quickly when there is an issue.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We use Jive for normal office use. I go into the portal to set up voicemail for people and it's pretty easy. Sometimes I have to call for help. I recently sent in an email asking if I could pay online and they got me all set up with it.

Jive Communications was our first VoIP system. We used Frontier before but we like Jive because of the whole transfer feature where the attorney could be out on the road and I could transfer to their phone, and nobody would know that they weren't here. We also like the fact that we could take the phones home with us and plug them into our system. However, we've been having issues with the transferring and dropped calls, which has given us issues business-wise. We've missed calls, we haven't been able to transfer, so we looked silly that we can't transfer the calls to the attorneys. We've also gotten headsets from them which have been broken twice and they're not willing to replace it.

One of their rep who has been our go-to person has been helping us and he's really been on top of things, but there are some things that are out of his control. I spoke to one of their rep and he told me that Jive would be happy to assist us with the headset however, Jive will not be authorizing another RMA for the broken headset and that it's not their responsibility so that was disappointing. Another rep helped me figure out our whole transferring issue. He’s supposed to be sending me an email but he walked me through the whole thing and, hopefully, it's going to get resolved. So far, it's been a frustrating experience.

One of the phones is not transferring to the front phone. I could call and ask to get it fixed but it’s not really my big concern because the phone is in the back where our intern was. But we don’t have an intern anymore, and I just realized that the phone was having problems when I was in the back and answered it and it didn’t transfer to the front.

We got the Jive system for basic office use and we utilize their online portal the most. We go there to update extensions or to add phone numbers or switch names on them. Their customer service is great and we're happy with it. When we call, they always ask what the problem is and they provide us a ticket. We’ve never had a problem and they usually have a quick turnaround for problems that we're having with phones.

We did not have the Voice over IP before and Jive was recommended to us from our IT person. We mostly use the basic functions - transferring the calls, music on hold, and the auto attendant after hours. Being able to transfer calls internally has helped and having the music on hold feels a little bit more professional. They’ve always been responsive and helped us work through any issues we’ve had. We did have some trouble with the hearing and garbled noise. It took quite a bit of time, but they did help us get through it.

Jive is much better than my previous phone system. It gives me more flexibility and helps out a lot. It is also user-friendly and has the mobile app for the cellphone which is really good as well. I'm also an agent for Jive, so I help other customers get involved with the program. I have a few accounts that I have to call tech support to reach out to the customers and try to help them with setting up or making changes. The team are all very friendly and helpful. Jive provides excellent service, has great follow up, and saves time with the emails.

With Jive, I make phone calls from my Outlook. I like the interface well. We had a couple of issues two months ago where people were calling but we would never hear the phone ring, we would just get a message. I worked with Jive's tech support agents and they were fine. I'd recommend Jive. It's been a great experience with them.

We have Jive Communications for regular office use. I like it because of its customization of call flows. You are able to connect and do it online and see some visual description of how the system is working. Obviously, it is a good system. Sometimes the screen is a little bit overwhelming, but they have been very helpful on the phone. Every time we called for service and a question, they were very responsive and I'm very pleased with them. I will definitely recommend them.

The company I'm working with are using Jive for phone service. I use the portal the most, it lets me add our phones and configure our users within our system. The portal is easy to use, but I have some criticism as to the portal in general. We run call logs here at our company. For whatever reason, the timestamps on some of the calls are off. I’m not sure what the issue is, but we can’t run call logs, for example, we couldn't run today’s call logs until tomorrow. I have some small issues with call monitoring as well, but Jive is aware of that and they’re working towards fixing that issue.

So I’ve had to call a few times to sort out some issues that we had with our phones in New York; it was more the internet service provider that we have in our New York City office. But the Jive team were very friendly, helpful and tried their best to help me with my problem. Sometimes I will call for support and I’ll have an idea of what the issue most likely is, and they’ll still make me go do some stuff and jump through the hoop so, “Okay. Check these settings, etc.” That can be time-consuming and frustrating sometimes, but I understand that’s part of the process of fixing the issue. I'd recommend Jive's service.

Jive Communications Company Profile