3.81/5

Looking for a good VoIP provider?

Jive Communications

Jive provides Internet phone systems and other business communication products to organizations of all sizes and types. Since its founding in 2006, Jive has provided affordable, powerful, and reliable service bundles that deliver all the communication tools necessary to run a startup, a school, or a global business.

For more information, visit www.jive.com

Looking for a good VoIP provider?

437 Jive Communications Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 1, 2019

The service for the cost paid is excellent. The costs are in check as is the service and when we do need support, which is not very often; Jive is there to help and assist. Call quality is very good and so are the features on their platform. We hope that Jive continues to deliver good service and good value as both are equally important to our business. We constantly evaluate our VoIP services and network and while hardware and software keep changing; we find that Jive is consistent and delivers. Auto Attendant and voice mail are our top feature priorities. Jive delivers e-fax as well and that has saved us another expense and annoyance of having to reboot the fax/copier machine when inbound faxes do not arrive because of power issues from storms. Another cool feature are the call records and reports.

Original review: May 1, 2019

Jive is really easy to set up and configure and has plenty of options that we didn't see when we were using FreePBX. One of the problems that we were having is that when we would transfer a call it would show the employee who transferred it as the caller instead of the true caller. We also don't need to forward calls to cell phones anymore because of the Jive mobile app but they still give us the option to forward calls if we need to. Jive also gives you the option to call for the Web, mobile phone or a headphone, one of the issues I have is when it signs you out after a week if you don't reauthorize yourself and it tells you to reauthorize yourself but you would have to go into the tab or open the app.

Get expert buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 30, 2019

We had an old phone system (Easy Office) that we used for about 8 years, now we've changed to Jive Communications and we can definitely tell you that you won't waste your money switching to this company. 100% Efficient, almost no phone issues, once you set all you need on the PBX (which can take up to 1 week due to a lot of features that you will find on the system), the rest is just enjoy a very good and fast phone system. We have over 8 phone numbers on this platform and each one with a different Dial Plan and ring groups, everything goes fine and works perfectly. Like I said, Highly recommended for any company who wants to have a liable and stable phone system base on IP communications.

Original review: April 29, 2019

Jive proves that you can provide complete communication solutions without sacrificing ease-of-use. I was looking to switch from someone physically handling our phone calls to a virtual solution that would allow me to handle our company's telephone system without the need for additional personnel or expensive equipment. Enter Jive. I had a dedicated Jive representative to walk me through determining how they could meet our needs, another dedicated Jive representative to walk me through setting up our system EXACTLY how I wanted it to be, and a full-time support team to assist me with questions after initial setup.

Their system is set up like an old-school phone tree so you can see the exact logic in how calls are handled and how all the elements interact. Even if you do not consider yourself to have technical skills, you can run your phone system using the Jive solution. I spent considerable time comparing options and I would choose Jive 10 times out of 10, were I to do it again.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I must admit that when we decided to move over to Jive I was a little concerned. It was not a company like AT&T or Comcast so I did not know others that had done business with them so I had no idea what to expect. I was right, Jive is NOTHING like AT&T or Comcast... JIVE is BETTER. Their professional customer service agents are the best in the business.

There is never a time I have called when there was an issue where the service rep I was talking with did not do everything to assure me that they will help me fix the problem and have always followed up after the work was done to make sure I was still happy with my service. I can't ask any more from JIVE than what they already do. If ever a friend is starting a business I will definitely be recommending JIVE for their office communication needs. Thanks JIVE keep up the great work.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jive Communications?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

This is a terrible company. First tip off was the sales rep was calling me from his own cell phone because their “system” was down. They never managed to get a phone system to me, deal with the fact that I didn’t get a phone or provide any help. They are very efficient at billing your credit card. I unfortunately have to deal with the charges through my card provider. Never dealt with a company as bad as this one. They said I could buy out the remainder of my “contract” even though I don’t have a phone system. Wow.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I purchased a phone and phone plan from Jive but it never worked. The tech support people worked on it for several days with me on hold or waiting for a result but none followed. I finally ported my number to another company and after I did, Jive told me I owe them $300 for 10 months. The phone never worked!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

Super Super disappointed by their customer service and their sales team. Been dealing with issues for over 2 months. Supervisor was asked to call me several times, with absolutely NO call back. Multiple emails to their resolutions team, takes over a week to get a response. And even those responses do not say anything other than we are working on your case. We never actually set up our service and because it's been over 24 hours (duh) they are charging my account. Fraud department will now be involved. I am also seeking legal counsel as I am getting nowhere with this joke of a company. Take it from me, stay far away from Jive.

Original review: July 29, 2019

I signed up with Jive to get a phone system for my company. They never checked if we had the right requirements in order to set up their system. Once it arrived we could not set it up and they never fixed it. So two month later we still do not have a working phone system. They even move our phone line after we told them that we were not set up! Now they are claiming that it is basically our fault and therefore we owe them the 6 month contract. Unbelievable bad service. The contract was not fulfilled on their part and they still want us to pay when we have not received the promised service.

Original review: July 12, 2019

I cancelled my free trial for a product of which I never logged in or even set up, I didn't ask for a refund for those months. I just asked to cancel. Months went by and I noticed I kept getting charged and billed so I asked to cancel again and they said they can see when I made the first request but they refused to refund me the funds because they needed a form signed for a cancellation. My issue is with a company who would rather lose a client or reputation to keep $20 a month. I just had to write a review because I have worked in customer service many years and if I can clearly tell someone never used my product or services then I would gladly give them the money back and if they cancelled I would stop the billing immediately and collect any forms after.

Jive Communications expert review by Ellen Muraskin

Jive Communications offers VoIP-based phone systems to businesses and institutions worldwide through its cloud-based platform. The company has partnerships with global leaders in the telecommunications services and hardware industry, including Panasonic, ADTRAN, Level 3 Communications, Cisco, Microsoft, Juniper Networks, Polycom, Verizon Business and Ingram Micro.

• Web portal: Customers can run their entire phone system online through a dedicated web portal.

• Easy installation: Jive Communications' phones are shipped ready to install and require no hardware setup.

• Software integration: The company offers standard and custom integration with customers' existing CRM, ERP and other software systems.

• Use any browser: Jive Web gives access to calling features, contact availability (presence), texting and system changes from any browser.

• Customer support: Jive Communications provides 24/7 support through its U.S.-based support technicians, network engineers and customer service agents.

• Best for: Small to medium sized businesses, large corporations, institutions and non-profit organizations.

Profile picture of Ellen Muraskin
      Ellen Muraskin VoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

Jive Communications Company Information