Consumer Reviews and Complaints

25%
  • 3 stars20
  • 2 stars6
  • 1 stars3
Jive provides Internet phone systems and other business communication products to organizations of all sizes and types. Since its founding in 2006, Jive has provided affordable, powerful, and reliable service bundles that deliver all the communication tools necessary to run a startup, a school, or a global business.

For more information, visit www.jive.com

Jive was just easy and we use it as our everyday office phone. We've had to call them for various customer service issues and they've been really good over the years. We had some trouble getting our lines sorted out a year ago but we finally got it worked out after we called them.

We like Jive much better compared to our previous business phone system. We use the phone and the mobile app on our mobile phones, so that it looks like we're calling from our office for inbound and outbound calls. The cellphone app has been great. Neither my husband nor I have been able to successfully add the app to our desktop computers though, to call from our computers. That's something I don't like. But other than that, everything is great. Also, before we had our billing on an automatic payment, we usually emailed the Jive team monthly for our billing and they got right back to me and processed everything correctly.

I used to have AT&T, and Jive is better. We have online eFax, and they are able to transfer calls to the phone during off season. I like how when I'm not in the office, I can still answer my customer call. Also, we've called the support team, and they're good. They guide me through.

I use my Jive phone more for outbound than inbound sales outreach. I like most the feature where calls goes from the phone to my cellphone when I'm out and about because I'm a real estate agent. Since having Jive, I'm more productive than before. Their team have all been very helpful and professional, and they've always answered any questions that I've had.

Everything is great so far and I'm satisfied. The only drawback is when the calls goes in to the phone then goes to my cellphone, and when I answer the phone, no one seems to hear me. Hence I need to see if it works right. I was waiting for somebody to call me so that when it go to my iPhone then I would be able to answer it to see if it is in fact right. Last time, they were mostly telemarketers and they just hang up before I can get to say anything. I've been putting them on a 'do not call' list.

We use Jive's transferring feature between multiple locations the most, and it's very easy. We have multiple lines that give us the ability to have voicemail, transferring calls to get from one call location to another. There are lots of options, and it's very user-friendly. The only thing is that without a strong internet connection or a decent bandwidth, it tends to lag, which can be frustrating sometimes, but that really has nothing to do with Jive. It would be more on our own personal provider.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jive Communications?

I heard about Jive through the former tech rep that we used for tech issues here at the company. We had MegaPath before and Jive is way better with the ease of its use and also we can control the voicemail and the path with the phone line. Jive Communications has improved our performance by controlling the incoming calls. Moreover, the new account support, Courtney, is awesome.

We were just using landlines before, so we went with Jive to save money. With Jive, we use the voice over IP phones and phone calls are forwarded every night to a cellphone. And we use the system for faxing too, which we get through the email. But we mostly use it as a regular telephone for inbound and outbound calls. We use the web portal to configure everything so we're able to configure and name things the way we want so we can keep track because we have 26 offices. It’s a cost-saving system and the support from the Jive team, when we have issues, has been very good. We can call them and they do help us and follow up.

We were moving into a new office mid-2015. I was researching different online phone options and Jive was one of the companies. Then one of our customers or suppliers gave us a bunch of brand new Cisco IP phones, and so we wanted to be able to use them. I did some more research and some quotes, and Jive came in as the best one.

We used Ooma previously because we didn’t have the IP phones at that time and we had a couple of issues with the quality of the calls. While we like Ooma, we like Jive better. It gets our voice messages routed to our cellphones and does what it is supposed to do. This is our second month and the whole Jive sales team and then the implementation and the training have been very helpful. They answered my questions and did a good job. There was one billing issue that I called in and it was taken care of. I am very pleased with the Jive product.

Jive was recommended to me by a consultant. It's better than the previous phone system we had. The customer service people are pleasant and interested in getting me taken care of.

We changed from AT&T to Jive in our office and we’re satisfied with the Jive. We use the fax feature the most and use the system mainly for customer assistance. Jive Communications has improved our efficiency. I called their team once about some bills and they were helpful.

Our experience with Jive Communications has been great so far. We use it for general business calls, and it is easier to use and program than my Pollux System was. I use all its features, but the analytics, not too much because I don't really care where people call me. I also don't go in the dashboard very much. But I like the capability of adding some people. It was very easy to go in, add a person, plug the phone in and work right away. The mobile app is very good and I really like the Jive Web App. It allowed us to communicate better, having all remote users that are spread out with Jive phones in their remote offices or their home offices. Having everybody on one system is the easiest. Also, Jive's customer service reps are great and easy to deal with. They answered my questions and solved my problems, especially when I first started out with them.

The people at Jive helped me set up different things when we were changing people. We use Jive to send the call-forward out to the service teams' cell numbers, and so far, I'm happy with their service.

I've learned about Jive through my ex-business associate and now I use them for call recording, transferring calls and calling consumers. So far, our experience hasn't been that great. My collection floor manager told me that when they go in to listen to calls that have been recorded in the past, there is no way to really go in there and narrow the search. If on a particular day, there were 800 calls made, we got to listen to a lot of the calls before we can get to the call that we're looking for. But I once worked with someone from Jive and she was extremely helpful. We were trying to have the long distance area code 787 for Puerto Rico to be made as a local call or to even be able to make it because the phone system was not allowing us. But we've had some issues with Jive which took a while to be resolved. We were supposed to be receiving a credit because some of the issues that we had were errors on their side, but that was the last I heard from them.

We were looking for a replacement phone system with something that was a little more portable and a lot less expensive and Jive was what our computer repairman suggested. I have never heard of them before. I talked to Bright House and another company but we decided that Jive was the best way to go. Our previous phone system was awful. We couldn't transfer anybody and the voicemail was a mess but Jive is so much better. We can transfer the calls easily to different people and we can put 'do not disturb on' if we're busy and can't take a call so people can't transfer calls to us. We can also work from home now because we can take the phones home with us. And, we can get all the emails and all the voicemails get emailed to us, so it's really convenient.

The email, call forwarding, call transfers, conference room are what we use the most. We like to use the dial plans too for different times and sometimes we have the auto-attendant answer and then the rest of the time we have actual people answer. Jive has made everything a lot easier for us. Their customer service was a little spotty at first but the text support people have been excellent. I would call them or send them a message and they would take all the time that they needed and without taking up too much of my time to make sure that the issue get fixed correctly.

The people at the office were using Jive Communications from when I first came two years ago. I mostly use the system for everyday office stuff. Any time I’ve had a question about billing or customer service, or when we had some trouble with the internet, they were very helpful and got back to me fairly quickly.

I use Jive to take calls for service industry the most. We have them working in conjunction with another vendor of ours as well. But there seems to be some problems with the side by side of putting two vendors together. And I think it was more of the other vendor as opposed to a Jive issue. But they were responsive in making sure that their products worked simultaneously. And as far as any issues that I've had, they've been fairly prompt in trying to resolve them. Compared to other phone systems, Jive is a little bit more hands on, so I'm satisfied with what Jive has been able to put through.

I used Nextiva before and it was a much more mature system, but Jive has functionality and flexibility that I need, which is great. I use Jive to make local calls for customer assistance and office use. The extension to mobile is a great feature for me. I'm constantly on the road and I need access to my phone calls. When I had issues, I got all my problems resolved. Their customer service team is quite helpful and the wait time has been pretty short in comparison to others. I've been with Jive for over a year and so far, I haven't had anything bad yet from them.

I work from home office and I was using Skype for my initial line with Jive and I'd much prefer the Jive service. It's an all-around telephone. I have a couple of lines with them now and one of them is the call forwarding, which I call it delayed call forwarding. And that was one of the reasons that made me shift to them. I have my direct office line, so clients can reach me directly, and the customer service line.

Working with Jive enabled me to consolidate the phone lines that I had. I was able to consolidate my regular landline and my Skype line into one telephone. Also, the people from Jive that I’ve spoken to and interacted with have had fantastic attitudes. They've been great and good about following through on things. They stay up on something especially if there's a request that goes through. They follow up well for the most part. I am considering adding my wife's line to the service. So I like them enough to risk that. The downside has been that there have been some little infrastructure things where from talking to them, it sounds like they're growing rapidly and going through some growing pains types of things.

Our marketing guys used both Verizon, AT&T and had mobile separate, prior to using Jive. Comparatively, Jive is very affordable and easy to deal with than the previous brands. With Jive, we mostly use the feature that lets us transfer and block marketing calls that we don't want. We usually contact the customer service reps because we always forget to transfer calls over. In one occasion, our phones were not working but we figured it out eventually. But the internet's always been fast so I don't have any complaints.

We use Jive Communication's call routing features for our customer and sales calls. Their customer service team is excellent.

Our experiences with Jive have been very, very satisfying. They've been servicing us since June of last year. We use the phone as well as fax over email. Working with them is like having a business phone company service. So far, they've serviced our needs and when I call for customer service, they're very helpful.

We use Jive for taking calls from multiple devices for our office and customer assistance. My manager was the one that got it, but I work with it a lot, calling their guys and all that stuff. Their reps are really good at following up and they help me out fairly quickly. With Jive, I'm able to answer or get to all the calls, as well as any missed calls.

We just set up our new office so I bought some phones from Custom Telecom, not too far from us in New Jersey. I bought Polycom phones and when we needed a hosted phone system, we were referred to Jive. I set up the phone system and call plan with someone at Jive including video conferencing. I utilize the phones in a very basic way, about 50-50, for both inbound and outbound. When I can't figure something out or it doesn't work, I just call and get assistance immediately. I spent a lot of time on the phone with their tech person and our IT person to try to figure out why we couldn't get the sound right. That tech person was excellent. We figured it out eventually. I also had the assistance of the other rep who helped me record my voice and set up the phone tree. I ordered the phones for our D.C. office and I told their rep to give them a call and get the phones set up, and that's what she did.

I use Jive for making client calls. I also sue their online scheduling feature often. I've spoken to their reps on the online chat and they're great.

Jive Communications

Thank you for your review. We are coming out with several new product offerings to ensure that we are providing our customer with everything they need in a unified communications suite.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2016

We’re a consulting firm and we do business-to-business marketing. I've called Jive tremendously due to a wide range of technical issues and they've gotten it right about 90% of the time. Their employees try to do a good job but they have some significant technical limitations to their system. It is technologically behind what I’m seeing in other solutions that are in the market.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Jive Communications

Thank you for the review. Be sure and reach out if you notice any issues, we'll be ready to help!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2016

There's one issue that has happened a number of times. When someone calls, it would ring and I could see the caller's number but when we answer it, there's no one on the line and it will say "call ended". Also back then, it would ring upstairs and not downstairs, but that's okay now. We’re still learning this Jive system because it’s different than our other one, but it’s not bad.

I use Jive for client prospecting and the service is getting better. We didn’t have a road map to follow during our startup phase and it would’ve been nice to have that to know what we needed to do. But it could be just us not putting enough focus on it because we had too much other stuff going on. But when we’ve needed information, features, training or we had questions, we’ve reached out to Jive and they have responded very well. We have just installed the plugins for Outlook and the browsers which really helped because we don’t have to type the numbers anymore. We can click on the numbers from the application.

They’re very friendly when we call for any service-related issues, but there isn’t any particular feature that would be different from any other cloud or regular phone system. But the dashboard is convenient, and I'd recommend Jive.

Jive is a lot better than my previous phone system. It allows us to better receive phone calls. It's a wonderful system and their support team is excellent.

The company that I'm working for uses Jive Communications. The phone service we have is a business line for inbound and outbound calls to clients. They have been the company that's being used here since I started in May. I have contacted the Jive team once for the billings and their customer service was pretty good.

Expert Review

Ellen MuraskinVoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.    More about Ellen→

Jive Communications offers VoIP-based phone systems to businesses and institutions worldwide through its cloud-based platform. The company has partnerships with global leaders in the telecommunications services and hardware industry, including Panasonic, ADTRAN, Level 3 Communications, Cisco, Microsoft, Juniper Networks, Polycom, Verizon Business and Ingram Micro.

• Web portal: Customers can run their entire phone system online through a dedicated web portal.
  • Easy installation: Jive Communications' phones are shipped ready to install and require no hardware setup.
  • Software integration: The company offers standard and custom integration with customers' existing CRM, ERP and other software systems.
  • Use any browser: Jive Web gives access to calling features, contact availability (presence), texting and system changes from any browser.
  • Customer support: Jive Communications provides 24/7 support through its U.S.-based support technicians, network engineers and customer service agents.
  • Best for Small to medium sized businesses, large corporations, institutions and non-profit organizations.

Jive Communications Company Profile