toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

When I was getting in the system I almost shut down the whole communication for the company. As I came across things, I was like, “Oh, that still says Doug. Need to change that.” So, I go log in, and changed the email to me first without changing my account to super admin, and so when I deleted Doug, then we had no super admin. We had no way to get back in it. We had no phones for a couple of hours. I called them and talked to was Javier. He stayed on and helped me get everything set back up until my phone had a dial tone the next day. It was a mess. But Javier was great.

It’s been smooth sailing since then. I just don’t get in and mess with stuff too much. But I have one issue with my headset or my desktop phone. I set the guy I call all the time at our loan service unit to speed dial. And it’ll be fine, however, when the phone system updates I came in the next day, and lo and behold, the button doesn’t work again. But still, I'd recommend Jive. Their people have been fine. Jive's billing rep, Silvana, is awesome. I asked her for a form that we needed and I got it from her this morning.

We had some issues with the setup of the Jive system because of our internet provider and Jive's response was very good. We had to make sure that the router was compatible so a Jive team member came on-site within a very short period of time then worked and programmed the routers, and worked with Comcast to fix it. So, we appreciate Jive. After that, the quality has been better.

We like Jive's simple conferencing system and also the ability to program anything with the tree on how the phone calls go, like which phones will ring first or simultaneously and the ability to change the results fast. This allows a receptionist to answer a phone even if another receptionist is gone. The forwarding of the phone calls to cell phones is a useful feature, too. And we like that the phones are plug-and-play and the voice over internet protocol. Their eFax works great, too. The eFax is worthless with other companies but Jive includes that in the price of a subscription. The uptime is also very good. We had some downtime but everything we investigated seemed like the internet provider was the culprit.

I’ve worked with companies that had other phone providers and the experience was poorer, including surprises and errors in billing that we have not experienced with Jive. The prices of all of them are more expensive. Some of my friends with small businesses work greatly with some other companies but these are not available everywhere. Jive is less expensive but we still get all these features they have that make everything a lot smoother. I would recommend Jive over anybody.

Jive's VOIP system is way better than the traditional landline we used before. Their team members helped set up the phone system either over the phone or internet chat, and we were able to install the phones anywhere we want without the phone jack. We use the system for inbound and outbound calls. We have the auto-attendant, the faxing to email feature, and also the voicemail to email which wasn't included in our landline service before. That's a cool feature.

I'm using Jive's web software which is a beta product. It's been good except for the occasional glitch. Their customer service is great as they have very good support. However, there are more glitches than I would like. Two of our clients who are on Jive had their phones reboot every day at 5 p.m. for a couple of weeks. These clients would say that their phones would work before and after, but at five o'clock, if they're on the phone, they lose the phone call. Jive ultimately came up with a resolution for it, but there are these technical glitches that are a nuisance.

A broker brought Jive to me and we've been using their services for six months. It's superior to the service we had before. It's easier to use and modify. We're a country club and we use Jive for both inbound and outbound calls. Interactions with their customer service reps were pretty good, but there were a couple of problems that they could not solve. They weren't astronomically large, though. They have difficulty with the ancillary device on our phone. Our phone esoterically meets the Polycom and we have an additional Polycom add-on that allows us to have all the main reception desk to show more of the available phones on the screen, but they could never get that to populate. It's inconvenient.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jive Communications?

We're in recruiting and we use the phones quite often. Jive is much better than what I've used before. They've been helpful in setting up almost like a flow chart of calls and how it would operate within the organization. The reception is clear and the phones are technologically advance. I use their conference calling, the transferring and the programming. They've been a big help when we wanted to program the phones to go to a specific person to answer the phones during specified hours and then it converts back automatically so, there's no manual part of it.

Jive is voice-over IP so, it depends upon the computer system but it has worked very effectively and we haven't been down. It's been a very good system for us and easy to manage. Anytime I've had communication I either call or send them an email which are both extremely helpful. If there's something I don't understand, they quickly pick up the phone, call me directly and walk me through the situation or take care of the situation from their home office. I like Jive 100%.

I work for SIM2, which used Jive, and they recommend it. I used magicJack system at home which is also IP but the quality of Jive is much better for sure. We do local calling and sometimes some international calling. I also use Jive application on my iPhone so I am able to have it with me all the time. I use it all the time at home, but mainly it's at work. One of the advantages is if I open the application as I'm driving and somebody is trying to get in touch with me, it would ring on my cellphone without them having my cellphone number.

But sometimes when the internet is not too good, we have some issues with the customers telling me that I'm breaking up. That's when I called them up and they helped me troubleshoot. They asked me to ping certain website then we were not getting the response that we should have and that's how they determined that the modem was bad. We had to call our internet provider that they had to replace the modem. But it was good. I would recommend Jive to anybody that wanted to switch to an IP system. It's a great system.

I searched on Google and compared the different VoIP services. Then I talked to one of Jive's salespeople and was convinced that the company had the best service. I like that I can switch my phone from line to line. The internal extensions are nice, too. Even though we have two different numbers from two different locations, we can internally transfer calls. That's one of the best features that we use the most.

I used a different VoIP system before and Jive is a lot better. We use Jive for inbound and outbound calls and we have done a couple of conference calls as well. We've done a lot of chats and some calls for problem solving, and we always get answers from their reps quickly instead of waiting for days. It has been overall positive and progressive dealing with Jive.

I was looking online for the Voice over IP and found Jive Communications which sounded good. We use the system mostly for the calls from multiple devices. I’ve had to call in a couple of times to figure out how to do forwarding and their customer service has always been helpful. They give me the work ticket then send me to whoever I need and I get helped out. And they always send a follow-up email to make sure that we’re good. That’s always great.

I had a different vendor before Jive and both are totally different. One was just a normal phone company while Jive is internet based, but both have their pros and cons. Their team is not necessarily the most knowledgeable, but they're very nice.

My boss and I had done some research and were thinking of several VoIP phone companies to use a few years ago. Compared to the other companies, Jive seemed to have the best chatter online about the all-in-one systems, saying that we could either enroll our own contract with level 3 directly or Jive could do it for us.

I've been impressed with the quality of their onshore and offshore tech support. They've got people who actually know what's going on and don't just dump you when the initial troubleshooting doesn't yield any results. I had an issue where my phone was rebooting constantly and submitted a request for tech support. The first tech who was in a Mexico office tried very hard to find some time to work with me on it, and he was extremely dedicated, but I was too busy for a while. After I had time again and called, I spoke to a US-based tech and he first tried out some stuff that didn't work, and then he was able to get the problem solved.

I would like to request Jive to implement a junk call blocker feature. Some of the other VoIP services out there have the service called Nomorobo that attempts to maintain a master list of phone numbers that are making junk calls and screen these out. Currently, I do that myself on the Jive system, but it's an after-the-fact process. If Jive would participate in Nomorobo, then they could use it, and the call block process would be a little more automatic and this would be of advantage to a lot of people.

Jive Communications was enlisted by the former manager and we use it for membership and certification. Their support team is pretty fast and friendly. It has been a positive experience with Jive and I would recommend them.

We only used Jive for three months. We just didn't like it. Nothing was put out, the call screen was always at error and I had to call for every little thing. The phones were also on the internet, which slowed everything down. So, it wasn't a good experience. But their team was good and they didn't have anything to do with it.

Jive Communications system is embedded in our Salesforce so we use it to call all of our prospects. It's easier and quicker to make phone calls with Jive because I don't have to dial the number anymore, just the little phone icon and the call goes. There have been a couple of times where it has not worked but I just logged out and logged back in.

We use Jive's IP phones and use them mostly for office conference calling. The phones can be plugged in pretty much anywhere, have the desk phone features, and use the Polycom IP-based standpoint. It’s convenient when we can take it to some people's office and have a conference. I've had lots of interaction with the Jive team because there have been some sensitivities to routers, firewalls, and packets. However, they can't always fix it because they're not responsible for the internet. But if we buy the equipment they recommended and put those on our premise then we're in pretty good shape and we have a good POE network. Good hardware and network are needed to have the set to work good.

There's a lot of people who do the same and so Jive has to differentiate themselves either by price, support, or both. They’re starting to fall in luck with everybody else. Five years ago they were wow! But there's a lot of people catching up to them so it's gonna come down to features, functionality, and equipment offerings. They also need to team with somebody on the telecom phones. Still, I’d recommend Jive.

We used to have Vonage before using Jive and Jive is better with the technical and customer support. Our interactions with the tech support has all been good. We had a technical difficulty and we weren’t getting voice mails and calls. I’m confused where the problems were on and they’re checking for days on the back end but it’s all fixed. I had all my problems solved and we have a great experience with Jive.

Jive Communications has improved our connectivity. It has allowed for all of our offices to be connected no matter where we were. Their support team is also very responsive when I email them. They provide great customer service. Though Jive is on the average as a product, we like them better than our previous business phone system.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We use Jive to make calls and check on the status of how our students and their parents are doing with making progress with our curriculum. Back in September, my calls were very choppy and the people I was calling were having trouble hearing me so our technical support department put in a call to Jive's technical support. I was pretty happy with the technical expertise of the person we worked with and his willingness to be really efficient with the tech support person on my end so that was a positive experience. It’s eye-opening to be able to use the internet to do business calls and it’s also a service that could be continued to be improved.

We were searching for services in business phone systems and Jive Communications was one company that rated higher than most in this genre, and it was in our price range. Before using Jive, we used 8x8. But I like the Jive system so much more because it's more user-friendly. Furthermore, I can actually block numbers, and this is the feature that I use the most right now. With this feature, it's less phones I have to pick up that disrupt my work flow. We use our Jive system for incoming and outgoing customer and business calls. But whenever we get telemarketers or robocalls, I'd put those on the list. If a live person is on the phone, I get to actually leave them a message saying, "You've been blacklisted from this number," and this gives me a smile.

In addition, Jive's customer support is more friendly than that of our previous business phone system provider. I was having difficulty with hooking up a couple of systems because I was still learning their terminology. So, I called the team at Jive Communications and they quickly resolved the whole issue. It was really nice. They even walked me through the process on the screens. In general, Jive Communications is a very friendly and knowledgeable company, and their customer support is most supportive and very helpful.

I was researching on a feature that I wanted which is the click-to-dial feature and I found Jive Communications extension on the Chrome browser. Then I was looking up top 10 voice over IP services and they were on a few of those. We went with Jive and for the most part, the main features we use are the desk phones and the click-to-dial because we have an online custom database that we use wherein our callers can click on a phone number and the system would dial direct to them. We also do a little bit of calls from multiple devices. So far, it's been good with Jive.

We changed to Jive because they integrated with our CRM Redtail so we could get screen pops. Their reps were very responsive when we were going through the initial setup. However, once we got it set up, we ran into some other problems. I reported them and I have three outstanding problems that I never got a response on whether they were fixed or not. But otherwise, I like Jive. It works and with it, we're better at making sure that we put notes into the client's records now. We're able to dial with the click of a mouse instead of actually having to dial. Jive has made us a little more productive.

I've been working with Jive for eight years. I tried several other companies before I tried Jive. And nothing met my expectations until I got into Jive. I got the automated system where they have an option just whoever they need to speak to they can choose that option direct. Jive gives me the liberty of not being inside the office at all times. What I like about it is that they address issues really fast and try to figure out what's wrong with the system. But as far as downtime, I've experience downtime for only three times within the whole eight years that I've been with Jive. They are reliable. I'm completely satisfied with it.

We had land lines through At&T prior and my business partner and I decided to make the switch to Jive because I relocated to a different state. The only thing that was kind of tricky when we first started was that they didn't have a caller ID but that's been completely resolved and we now have a caller ID that comes up and tells us who is calling. I like getting my voicemail sent to my email, because I'm always on my computer and it's been really nice that I can use my phone like a walkie-talkie to buzz my partner from my remote office. We can have a phone conversation between our two lines just like when I used to turn around at my desk and talk to her. I can still have that same kind of conversation with her over the phone without it having to be a phone call.

Whenever there's a problem with anything on my phone or with our service, Jive has been very responsive and always on top of it. They always send me a message to make sure that everything's been completely resolved to my satisfaction. That is so different from a traditional phone company and has improved my user experience and tmakes it easier to be able to do business. I also like that whenever I call, I can talk to someone in customer service and that their phone centers are in the United States because I like that they give jobs to people in this country instead of doing what a lot of companies do and outsource customer service work. They have been really great and overall, I've been very impressed. I have recommended Jive to other people that I know who work from remote offices.

We're an accounting firm and we use the Jive system for our clients in our two offices. We are now linked between the two offices. I was impressed with the pricing and the customer service provided by Jive Communications. They have always been very good and helpful. Everything seems to work really well with what we were looking for and it's been a very pleasant experience.

I used to have a system with a 3-year contract from a relatively small semi-local company in Maine but they didn't know what the hell they were doing. I switched to Jive and I'm now using them for all business since I'm constantly in and out of a calendar/database type system. It's great to be able to click on a name and have it dial. I can be in my contact partner and find a name and click on the phone number and it automatically dials and I don't have to know anything about phone numbers. Jive cuts down the time of having to look things up and dial and have the ability to transfer calls to my cellphone which has been very helpful. I'm not using a lot of the features and I should but it's a question of spending some time and learning.

Their pricing is even very low for what I think is coming out. Also, every time I've contacted them, I either talk to somebody directly or they get back to me very, very quickly. I was very impressed with the most recent communication I had because I was having some trouble with the line. They sent some information to me which was way over my head so I've talked to a bunch of guys to babysit my high-end firewall and they made a couple of changes and it's been great so far.

We had RingCentral and 8x8 before and they were horrible. They outsourced everything to the Philippines and no one seemed to understand English very well or how to fix problems so we switched to Jive Communications. They have US-based customer support and they knew what they were doing. We use all domestic calling and the conference bridge a lot and the auto-attendant. They had set it up for us and so far we haven't had to tinker with it over the last three years. I like the fact that we spend less time trying to get something fixed on a phone system. Their reps have all been very helpful. I've never had to call them twice to resolve an issue. They are a solid company and nice group of people to work with. Their chat feature works great. If I have a question, I can chat with them and they usually resolve the issue within a couple of minutes. It does what it's supposed to and they support it.

When I saw Jive on a Spiceworks forum, it looked like they had nice, different products, like a management tool that was different than some of the competitors. And the pricing seemed a little better for at least the services that were offered at that time. We have two offices that we use phones for in our office communication, and we have a receptionist who answers calls in each office. She forwards calls from our main number to the various people in the other office.

The Jive team is very responsive, very friendly and helpful. They have a great product but there are areas that they need to improve on. We trialed several Hosted VoIP providers prior to going to Jive and the competitors offered a product that's more mature, more stable and more feature-rich overall. But Jive has a different take on how some of those features of the other competitors are implemented. It's a little behind but other than that, support wise and customizability has been a little bit compromised in favor of Jive.

We originally chose to work with Jive because we also provided their 401(k). So, when we're looking for VoIP service then we were a natural fit to be able to use one of their services, and Jive works well.

Jive is fast, efficient, and helpful. Plus, working with their team was timely and effective. We had some technical difficulties so I had to contact the team for troubleshooting and they took care of the problem right away.

Jive Communications Company Profile