4.42/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Looking for a good VoIP provider?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Jive Communications

Jive provides Internet phone systems and other business communication products to organizations of all sizes and types. Since its founding in 2006, Jive has provided affordable, powerful, and reliable service bundles that deliver all the communication tools necessary to run a startup, a school, or a global business.

For more information, visit www.jive.com

Find out more Find out more
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 4, 2017

332 Jive Communications Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

I've not been impressed with the Jive system at all. It's been a pain in the butt for me. I miss being able to push a button to park a call, and not have to star this or star that and inform the person that there are calls waiting on star this or star that. As a receptionist, that is a huge hassle. So when I have a call holding, I put them on hold, we run back and forth to offices and it’s beaming back into my phone. Then, they say, “Okay. Go ahead and send it in.” Then I have to run to my office and send it in. I don’t like having to do star codes at all. I've told Jive before that I wish there was a hard manual instead of having to go online, going from screen to screen and figuring out where to go to look for this and that; and wiki doesn't help me.

We were sold crap phones by our rep. He just unloaded phones that he had sitting in a warehouse somewhere. We got a receptionist phone with one brand and our attorneys got completely different brands, so they don't interact and interface in ways that help me direct calls. The whole Jive system is not only complicated, it's inconvenient. The guy that sold us to it didn't set us up well. We save money but it's not a pleasant way to save money.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

I've had two different businesses on Jive Communications and dealing with the team has been good every time. I install VoIP systems but I only needed four phones in a business and I didn't feel like installing a whole phone server just for that. It's used mostly for normal inbound-outbound calls. We had one system that we bought our own phones for. They were refurbished phones and had to be reconfigured. But it was easy to reach a human to help us do that. Also, it's high tech and I can change my hold music, unlike the Verizon VoIP system I have on one of my businesses where I can do only 90-second clips on my hold music and it's a whole project when I reach a voicemail. It's very easy to use Jive and other companies are generally much harder to use. I have recommended it to other businesses and I've put other businesses on Jive as well so they'll call me if they have problems.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

I had a really bad experience with Jive. The inbound calls dropped when our customers were calling from a landline. We are an IT company and we're receiving mainly from technical support and sales. So, the communication phone system was very critical for us because our market is restaurant and retailers and they call us for emergency. It was really frustrating for our customers with emergency and with no communication to us. That's the reason why we switched back to our previous vendor. I was told that was the very first time that happened to them but it was really frustrating that they couldn't do anything. Otherwise, it's a good company with very good customer service. They were very responsive and very helpful but the problem was the service itself.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I'm an agent and I use Jive for a lot of outbound and inbound calls. I used Vonage before as a phone system, but Jive seems to be easier to deal with than them. I've called Jive a couple of times about some stuff and they seemed to be right on it. They also take care of things and performed what they've said they would do.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

The Jive system works but it's hard sometimes. There are some things that are good about it but there are other things that aren't. It's hard to tell when people are on the phone. If I want to transfer a call, I can't. Most of our phones are the Pelicans and I can't tell if somebody else is on the other line. We had some issues when we first started but because it was a new system. But their customer service has been good and I've not disappointed by that at all. The reps are always very professional and they try to resolve issues as quickly as possible.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jive Communications?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

Jive is a little better than the previous business phone system that we've used. I've been on the line with their support team several times and all were good experiences though some started off bad because of the problem that arose. But overall, Jive is a good system. I’m looking forward to expanding my knowledge of it and introducing the features to our employees.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

A girl who was consulting on phone services told us about Jive. We had been with AT&T and CenturyLink and in comparison, Jive is no better or worse. When Jive's phones go out they can fix them remotely, but it's more like a computer, so different issues. We use Jive's phone system itself and our Comcast phone lines are forwarded to the Jive phones because Jive couldn’t get phone lines out in our area. Their people are fine if they talk and a lot of times we're talking to two or three different people and the person who we're talking to comes in later in the day, so they're usually gone. They send us an email instead of being able to talk to someone on the phone.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

Jive is an interesting system but it's much more complicated than I anticipated when I got into it. Cablevision does not provide a stable enough system for Jive system to work. It was too complicated to deal with them so I switched to Verizon. But Verizon only provides me with cable modem capabilities which is not fast enough for my system. So I'm stuck in between. I'm waiting for Verizon to provide FIOS in my area, which would be a faster system that would solve all my problems.

Jive's technical department and their help have been very good. But I’m frustrated that I can't get the system and everything to work together. I'm the point guy trying to get the internet provider and Jive to work together to give me the best system but I wish Jive would do it all. I run a medical office so I'm not interested in changing the system again although I would reconsider going into it if I was starting all over again.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2017

My company has been using a business phone system even before I came to work here. There was a buyout that took place and we ended up with Jive Communications. We use it for all things business related but we mostly use the admin portal that handles the settings on the phones. Since it's dependent on the internet, it sometimes causes issues. There's been a couple times where I've gotten on chat with them or email exchange for support but they always ask the same things, so we try to do everything we can before we call them. Generally they're very nice. They do not always resolve our issues but they try. So far, the experience with them has been satisfactory.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

We use Jive Communications' system for calling and it has definitely improved our customer service since my boss tells me to do a lot of ordering and changing. He gives me very little information so thankfully, the representatives are always happy to talk me through the process. I've had interactions with their team about changing how the numbers popped up on the caller ID because there was a mix-up. Then recently again while ordering the phone. Their team is really easy to work with and it's very helpful to be able to communicate all the time with their representative. Overall, it was an efficient and enjoyable experience.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

We use Jive Communications for taking calls in the office. It's for people to contact us if they want to purchase our products.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

We use Jive as a regular phone system. We don't take full advantage of all the features and the things that we've tried to take advantage of haven't necessarily worked for us, so we use it as basically as we can. We've lost calls due to transfers which is annoying. The one good thing that we've experienced with it so far is that we've been able to monitor the calls with the Jive reporting. We have been able to forward several numbers to cellphones from some of our employees here, so that's been good. I've also had to call in for a couple of problems and they have fixed them after multiple phone calls and a lot of effort on our part.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

We switched from the United Telephone regular business to Jive. We're a service company so people call us for service and then we call them to set appointments. We’ve enjoyed the system so far. We're able to answer more calls than before as far as we don't have to pay for so many lines coming in, which is the biggest benefit to us. Everybody we worked with at Jive was friendly and I even get the same guy on Saturdays when I've had to call and he's always really great.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

I like that Jive is very clear and there are certain features we have now that we didn't have before with AT&T. Jive has a much better caller ID. We don't have to press 1 to dial out. We don't have to put the phones on service since that's an automatic thing that happens right at 5:00. That was a seemingly small thing but ended up being a very big deal. However, their headset is not meant for work use since it's not durable, but every time I've had an issue, Jive's been really responsive.

This last time, it was out of warranty, and I talked to a manager regarding the issues that we'd been having, and he was really helpful and gave me another number to call as far as what more could be done. They were really courteous and helpful. In six months they're gonna release two new headset models that are meant for office and high frequency use, but until then I really enjoy having the headset. Also, anytime the internet goes down our phone systems go down, but luckily that doesn't happen too often.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

We had leased space from Regus who does international office leasing and they have their own system. We needed our own system when we set up our own office and the VoIP sounded like a good way to go. We belong to an attorney listserv and sometimes people ask questions like, "Hey, who do use or who do you recommend." Jive came up and somebody else had used them and were recommended by another law firm.

I've been using Jive for four years now and they're a good company. The customer service is excellent. Everybody's been really helpful, answers questions really well, and prompt with service. The biggest feature that I like is being able to set the hours on when we can receive phone calls. If I don't want the phone to ring on weekends or after 5:30, everything goes to voicemail which is really nice. I can also change the music or my greeting. The only complaint that I have is that if I have to reset my phone sometimes, like this morning, I went to transfer a call to my husband's desk and it didn't go through. Since it's an internet-based system, it may have something to do with that.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

I was looking for a better phone line system for our existing office. When it was mentioned for us to try Jive, we looked into what they had to offer. We already had internet service so that was a good fit for the needs of what we were looking for. We didn’t have phones and Jive sold us some which worked fine. The chats have been pretty helpful too. I can get online and get responses from them. However, there is some voice choppiness every now and then but I’m not sure if that’s our internet service or what the case is. Also, if the portal was a little bit more mobile, that might be something that would be really handy, if they could arrange where you call on to a number and forward it to a different number or system rather than having to get online to the portal. Other than that, the system does what it’s supposed to do and it’s been a good experience so far.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

Jive's support is okay and technically they are good, but many times their system goes down. We are running a business throughout the world and we experience issues in other parts of the world. If someone from India is trying to call me, we are facing some challenge there. The same goes to my Virginia office. All the time we follow up with people and I can assure that there are many tickets going in and out with Jive. I would not recommend anybody to use Jive because it seems that they are just starting and they may need some time to fix things up.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

The person who installed my phone service referred me to Jive Communication. Compared to AT&T, which we used before, Jive’s great. We use the basic phone and voicemail although there are other options too. The reps are very friendly, courteous, and they talk a lot. Communication is mostly through email and if I tell them to call me, they do go out of their way to do so. Every time I had a problem, they resolved it. Everything is good.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

When I was getting in the system I almost shut down the whole communication for the company. As I came across things, I was like, “Oh, that still says Doug. Need to change that.” So, I go log in, and changed the email to me first without changing my account to super admin, and so when I deleted Doug, then we had no super admin. We had no way to get back in it. We had no phones for a couple of hours. I called them and talked to was Javier. He stayed on and helped me get everything set back up until my phone had a dial tone the next day. It was a mess. But Javier was great.

It’s been smooth sailing since then. I just don’t get in and mess with stuff too much. But I have one issue with my headset or my desktop phone. I set the guy I call all the time at our loan service unit to speed dial. And it’ll be fine, however, when the phone system updates I came in the next day, and lo and behold, the button doesn’t work again. But still, I'd recommend Jive. Their people have been fine. Jive's billing rep, Silvana, is awesome. I asked her for a form that we needed and I got it from her this morning.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

I use the Jive system for general calls. The support has been good and there has been no down time. Among its features, I use the dashboard the most.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

Our company had Jive Communication hooked up and was using it when I first started about a year ago. We've got one main number people call into and then we transfer the call to extensions, which goes to their cell phones. Jive's staff have been great. I can call them instead of trying to figure out the portal and get an extension added. They create a ticket number for me, transfer me to a representative and they take care of everything. They do it for me which is awesome. They’re really a good company.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

We had some issues with the setup of the Jive system because of our internet provider and Jive's response was very good. We had to make sure that the router was compatible so a Jive team member came on-site within a very short period of time then worked and programmed the routers, and worked with Comcast to fix it. So, we appreciate Jive. After that, the quality has been better.

We like Jive's simple conferencing system and also the ability to program anything with the tree on how the phone calls go, like which phones will ring first or simultaneously and the ability to change the results fast. This allows a receptionist to answer a phone even if another receptionist is gone. The forwarding of the phone calls to cell phones is a useful feature, too. And we like that the phones are plug-and-play and the voice over internet protocol. Their eFax works great, too. The eFax is worthless with other companies but Jive includes that in the price of a subscription. The uptime is also very good. We had some downtime but everything we investigated seemed like the internet provider was the culprit.

I’ve worked with companies that had other phone providers and the experience was poorer, including surprises and errors in billing that we have not experienced with Jive. The prices of all of them are more expensive. Some of my friends with small businesses work greatly with some other companies but these are not available everywhere. Jive is less expensive but we still get all these features they have that make everything a lot smoother. I would recommend Jive over anybody.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

Jive's VOIP system is way better than the traditional landline we used before. They helped set up the phone system, and we were able to install the phones anywhere we want without the phone jack. We use the system for inbound and outbound calls. We have the auto-attendant, the faxing to email feature, and also the voicemail to email which wasn't included in our landline service before. That's a cool feature.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

I'm using Jive's web software which is a beta product. It's been good except for the occasional glitch. Their customer service is great as they have very good support. However, there are more glitches than I would like. Two of our clients who are on Jive had their phones reboot every day at 5 p.m. for a couple of weeks. These clients would say that their phones would work before and after, but at five o'clock, if they're on the phone, they lose the phone call. Jive ultimately came up with a resolution for it, but there are these technical glitches that are a nuisance.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

A broker brought Jive to me and we've been using their services for six months. It's superior to the service we had before. It's easier to use and modify. We're a country club and we use Jive for both inbound and outbound calls. Interactions with their customer service reps were pretty good, but there were a couple of problems that they could not solve. They weren't astronomically large, though. They have difficulty with the ancillary device on our phone. Our phone esoterically meets the Polycom and we have an additional Polycom add-on that allows us to have all the main reception desk to show more of the available phones on the screen, but they could never get that to populate. It's inconvenient.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

We're in recruiting and we use the phones quite often. Jive is much better than what I've used before. They've been helpful in setting up almost like a flow chart of calls and how it would operate within the organization. The reception is clear and the phones are technologically advance. I use their conference calling, the transferring and the programming. They've been a big help when we wanted to program the phones to go to a specific person to answer the phones during specified hours and then it converts back automatically so, there's no manual part of it.

Jive is voice-over IP so, it depends upon the computer system but it has worked very effectively and we haven't been down. It's been a very good system for us and easy to manage. Anytime I've had communication I either call or send them an email which are both extremely helpful. If there's something I don't understand, they quickly pick up the phone, call me directly and walk me through the situation or take care of the situation from their home office. I like Jive 100%.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

We use our Jive communication system for taking calls and faxing as well. I would recommend it.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I work for SIM2, which used Jive, and they recommend it. I used magicJack system at home which is also IP but the quality of Jive is much better for sure. We do local calling and sometimes some international calling. I also use Jive application on my iPhone so I am able to have it with me all the time. I use it all the time at home, but mainly it's at work. One of the advantages is if I open the application as I'm driving and somebody is trying to get in touch with me, it would ring on my cellphone without them having my cellphone number.

But sometimes when the internet is not too good, we have some issues with the customers telling me that I'm breaking up. That's when I called them up and they helped me troubleshoot. They asked me to ping certain website then we were not getting the response that we should have and that's how they determined that the modem was bad. We had to call our internet provider that they had to replace the modem. But it was good. I would recommend Jive to anybody that wanted to switch to an IP system. It's a great system.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I reached out to Jive and talked to them about what I had, what I needed, and what I would need to switch and they exceeded my expectation. They told me what they could do and were very helpful. I have inbound and outbound calling and faxing. I had a VoIP for my home phone before and then I had the landline for my faxing and Jive was able to combine all of those services into one and save me money. I love them.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

I searched on Google and compared the different VoIP services. Then I talked to one of Jive's salespeople and was convinced that the company had the best service. I like that I can switch my phone from line to line. The internal extensions are nice, too. Even though we have two different numbers from two different locations, we can internally transfer calls. That's one of the best features that we use the most.

Jive Communications Company Information