3.97/5

Looking for a good VoIP provider?

Jive Communications

Jive provides Internet phone systems and other business communication products to organizations of all sizes and types. Since its founding in 2006, Jive has provided affordable, powerful, and reliable service bundles that deliver all the communication tools necessary to run a startup, a school, or a global business.

For more information, visit www.jive.com

Looking for a good VoIP provider?

433 Jive Communications Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 1, 2019

The service for the cost paid is excellent. The costs are in check as is the service and when we do need support, which is not very often; Jive is there to help and assist. Call quality is very good and so are the features on their platform. We hope that Jive continues to deliver good service and good value as both are equally important to our business. We constantly evaluate our VoIP services and network and while hardware and software keep changing; we find that Jive is consistent and delivers. Auto Attendant and voice mail are our top feature priorities. Jive delivers e-fax as well and that has saved us another expense and annoyance of having to reboot the fax/copier machine when inbound faxes do not arrive because of power issues from storms. Another cool feature are the call records and reports.

Original review: May 1, 2019

Jive is really easy to set up and configure and has plenty of options that we didn't see when we were using FreePBX. One of the problems that we were having is that when we would transfer a call it would show the employee who transferred it as the caller instead of the true caller. We also don't need to forward calls to cell phones anymore because of the Jive mobile app but they still give us the option to forward calls if we need to. Jive also gives you the option to call for the Web, mobile phone or a headphone, one of the issues I have is when it signs you out after a week if you don't reauthorize yourself and it tells you to reauthorize yourself but you would have to go into the tab or open the app.

Get expert buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 30, 2019

We had an old phone system (Easy Office) that we used for about 8 years, now we've changed to Jive Communications and we can definitely tell you that you won't waste your money switching to this company. 100% Efficient, almost no phone issues, once you set all you need on the PBX (which can take up to 1 week due to a lot of features that you will find on the system), the rest is just enjoy a very good and fast phone system. We have over 8 phone numbers on this platform and each one with a different Dial Plan and ring groups, everything goes fine and works perfectly. Like I said, Highly recommended for any company who wants to have a liable and stable phone system base on IP communications.

Original review: April 29, 2019

Jive proves that you can provide complete communication solutions without sacrificing ease-of-use. I was looking to switch from someone physically handling our phone calls to a virtual solution that would allow me to handle our company's telephone system without the need for additional personnel or expensive equipment. Enter Jive. I had a dedicated Jive representative to walk me through determining how they could meet our needs, another dedicated Jive representative to walk me through setting up our system EXACTLY how I wanted it to be, and a full-time support team to assist me with questions after initial setup.

Their system is set up like an old-school phone tree so you can see the exact logic in how calls are handled and how all the elements interact. Even if you do not consider yourself to have technical skills, you can run your phone system using the Jive solution. I spent considerable time comparing options and I would choose Jive 10 times out of 10, were I to do it again.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I must admit that when we decided to move over to Jive I was a little concerned. It was not a company like AT&T or Comcast so I did not know others that had done business with them so I had no idea what to expect. I was right, Jive is NOTHING like AT&T or Comcast... JIVE is BETTER. Their professional customer service agents are the best in the business.

There is never a time I have called when there was an issue where the service rep I was talking with did not do everything to assure me that they will help me fix the problem and have always followed up after the work was done to make sure I was still happy with my service. I can't ask any more from JIVE than what they already do. If ever a friend is starting a business I will definitely be recommending JIVE for their office communication needs. Thanks JIVE keep up the great work.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jive Communications?

Original review: July 12, 2019

I cancelled my free trial for a product of which I never logged in or even set up, I didn't ask for a refund for those months. I just asked to cancel. Months went by and I noticed I kept getting charged and billed so I asked to cancel again and they said they can see when I made the first request but they refused to refund me the funds because they needed a form signed for a cancellation. My issue is with a company who would rather lose a client or reputation to keep $20 a month. I just had to write a review because I have worked in customer service many years and if I can clearly tell someone never used my product or services then I would gladly give them the money back and if they cancelled I would stop the billing immediately and collect any forms after.

Original review: July 2, 2019

Don't use. 1.They told me that I would not have an auto-payment after our trial. This was addressed in the very beginning and they assured me. Even contacted them days before our trial was up to let them know we wouldn't be signing up....Drafted anyways. 2. The APP is absolutely terrible. On numerous occasions, I would go to answer the phone and the person on the other line could not hear me. I would have to call them from my personal cell just to do business which defeated the purpose of the software. 3. Customer Service is not reliable. Only got generic responses. I've used Grasshopper in the past and it was MUCH better.

Original review: May 14, 2019

Our office has been using Jive for several years with minimal complaints. There are occasional interruptions in the voice service (like cutting out), but it's difficult to know where the issue lies, especially since a lot of our clients call us from their cell phones. We never experience dropped calls, and overall we are satisfied with the quality of our VoIP. We had a billing issue recently (we had to open a new checking account), and customer service was very helpful and friendly and got our automatic payments set up again with no problems. Our company has no intentions of switching from Jive any time soon.

Original review: May 8, 2019

Jive Customer service is always a pleasure to work with. Quick and courteous service. The service tech was able to get into the telecommunications system and were able to get the phone back up and connected.

Original review: May 6, 2019

The system is affordable and reliable. It has all of the features we need and it is intuitive to administer. We've been customers for several years and have referred several other business. Tech support is solid.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Jive was easy to purchase. The install process went smoothly with a very professional technician. We have had no issues in over a year. After establishing one account we went back and opened a separate account for one of our other locations. Plus, the savings were unbelievable. We all were very satisfied with this move. We would recommend this product.

Original review: May 2, 2019

Great customer service, system Admin level is easy to set up, use, and operate. Rare down times and provides us with reliable communication. Does need an internal Auto attendant managed at Admin level instead of a splice file insertion.

Original review: May 1, 2019

Whenever I have had an issue with Jive service, Jive's customer support team has been very helpful in solving the issue. They are very attentive, and even followed up to confirm that the issue was solved. Overall, I have been satisfied with Jive's support.

Original review: May 1, 2019

This company's site can be difficult to get around. Their Customer service is very helpful on the phone but takes a long time to get someone on the phone. I have sat on hold for an hour but was also then on the phone for another hour with the customer service representative until we got the issue resolved. I wish we had a personal representative to help make the most of the product. If we had one, I would schedule regular meetings to improve our service to our customers. Plus as soon as there is a glitch or hiccup, I can guarantee that it is at least an hour out of my day. The practice this is used in is a 24/7 emergency vet practice that does not really have that kind of time which is very frustrating.

I have submitted cases before and find that my cases get closed before they are resolved and it takes too much time to get the case reopened multiple times and get my problem resolved. I have noticed glitches in the system before and it is very frustrating that the problem has to be aggravating enough to sit on the phone and wait to talk to someone. So there is that balance of calling to improve our customer service vs. dealing with issue because there are simply not enough hours in the day to sit and wait. The product itself when programming is not too bad but is VERY confusing at first to get all programmed and set up. On the plus side, it is nice to be able to check voicemails from any phone and to be able to customize the calls so in depth.

Original review: May 1, 2019

Advised and helped with complete confidence and perfect guidance for me. Always gives you patience and never gets flustered. Is there when you need them no matter how long it takes. I am very please with the service.

Original review: May 1, 2019

We had been using another VOIP service since we started the company and as we grew they just could not keep up and could not deliver the level of service we wanted. We looked for a long time before deciding to try Jive. This has been a great move and Jive has done a great job helping us get switched over and provided outstanding ongoing support and configuration assistance. The interface is easy to use and has all the features we needed which is pretty involved with call queues, ring groups, call recordings, call monitoring, etc. I highly recommend them. Ongoing support has been great as well.

Original review: May 1, 2019

We have tried to setup new phones for our building multiple times and have had no success. When we contacted Jive we did not know what to expect. But they were not only able to help us set up new phones for our building but they also showed us how we could do the set up ourselves. In addition, their customer service we fast, we were able to do the set up in no time at all.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I needed to connect a vendor-supplied modem to Jive's managed router to my business's switch and users to a patch panel amid our office move. I don't have IT training, but the tech at Jive very kindly walked me through it on a Saturday. I'm so grateful for their winning support!

Original review: April 30, 2019

Our experience has been top notch since switching to JIVE phones a couple years ago. Customer support is outstanding and equipment is dependable. We have seen no issues with connectivity or sound quality.

Original review: April 30, 2019

Now, Jive gives me a lot of problems. A lot. The mobile app hardly ever works, the desktop and browser applications are full of bugs and they go everywhere from petty annoyances to detrimental issues -- anywhere from only showing numbers without names all the way to not sending texts at all, despite that being why we use Jive in the first place. But whenever I've had a problem, the Jive team has been quick to respond and accommodate and troubleshoot it. Their fixes haven't ever been permanent, but I'm confident that they're working hard to make it better every day. I mean, maybe that's why we experience so many inconsistent issues -- because they're constantly updating it! Who knows? Bottom of the line is that Jive isn't perfect and isn't trustworthy for communications that can make or break your business, but I'm confident in its ability to improve and fix these missteps.

Original review: April 30, 2019

Jive is the EASIEST, most reliable, foolproof answering system we have ever used. You can change an outgoing message at home. You can log in anywhere & change business hours or voice messages if need be. Once you get the system you customize for your needs & then never have to change a thing if need be. Definitely give Jive Communications a try!!

Original review: April 30, 2019

Our company of 50+ employees needed to switch from an outdated PBX that simply was not working for us anymore to something else. We did our due diligence and found that Jive seemed to be the best fit for our needs at the time. As we were transitioning, we quickly discovered how easy it is to navigate and customize the Jive PBX. Anytime we had a question, we could ALWAYS rely on their team of technical support specialists to guide us through. They even provide a level of handholding by remoting into your computer to get the job done! Jive Communications has been an excellent investment for us and they come highly recommended.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I have have great experience with Jive.com! The customer support is excellent; easy to reach and knowledgeable and courteous representatives. I am glad that I chose Jive.com as my VOIP provider. Great product, great service. A+++.

Original review: April 30, 2019

We checked out other companies before making the choice to go with Jive, and are very happy we did. Their customer service is pretty incredible. At the beginning I had some big technology issues with my internet service provider and they were right there all the way through helping me to solve each one. It's a way of life for them to treat each customer as though they were the only customer they have, and we love them. I would highly recommend them to anyone who is looking for high quality service at an affordable price. You won't get tech support like this from anyone else.

Original review: April 30, 2019

My company has been using JIVE Communications for several years. My interactions have been good and most transactions have been done with ease. They appear to be competitive in price and able to support a good variety of devices. Their many options have enabled us customize setups to meet an variety of needs.

Original review: April 30, 2019

The best customer services no matter what department or which representative I have spoken to. Respectful and always solving my problem. I really like the fact that everyone that I have spoken to gives me a confirmation Number which is very helpful just in case I need to call back.

Original review: April 30, 2019

The brand of phone we use is a Panasonic. I really like how easy they are to use. Sometimes we've had issues with the phone staying connected. But whenever I call Jive for help, they are very nice and figure out the problem.

Original review: April 30, 2019

Jive is a great company and their pricing is fair. Jive offers a lot of features at no extra charge which I love. Anytime I need assistance with setting up I call customer service and the agents are always very knowledgeable and willing to help. There are tons of information in the Jive community to assist you if you run into any problems setting up a new phone line, extension or even if can’t remember how to log out of your queue etc. Overall I have not had any issues since I switched to Jive and I’m very pleased with the service.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I needed help with setup issues for nonoperating hours and the support staff knew exactly what to do and helped me set it up. He even helped test it to make sure it worked. He was very helpful and experienced.

Original review: April 30, 2019

It took no time at all to get the equipment and the set up was easy. The customer service is excellent. They are very informative and patient unlike the other companies I have dealt with in the past.

Jive Communications expert review by Ellen Muraskin

Jive Communications offers VoIP-based phone systems to businesses and institutions worldwide through its cloud-based platform. The company has partnerships with global leaders in the telecommunications services and hardware industry, including Panasonic, ADTRAN, Level 3 Communications, Cisco, Microsoft, Juniper Networks, Polycom, Verizon Business and Ingram Micro.

• Web portal: Customers can run their entire phone system online through a dedicated web portal.

• Easy installation: Jive Communications' phones are shipped ready to install and require no hardware setup.

• Software integration: The company offers standard and custom integration with customers' existing CRM, ERP and other software systems.

• Use any browser: Jive Web gives access to calling features, contact availability (presence), texting and system changes from any browser.

• Customer support: Jive Communications provides 24/7 support through its U.S.-based support technicians, network engineers and customer service agents.

• Best for: Small to medium sized businesses, large corporations, institutions and non-profit organizations.

Profile picture of Ellen Muraskin
      Ellen Muraskin VoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

Jive Communications Company Information