1.52/5

Looking for a good VoIP provider?

Jive Communications

Jive provides Internet phone systems and other business communication products to organizations of all sizes and types. Since its founding in 2006, Jive has provided affordable, powerful, and reliable service bundles that deliver all the communication tools necessary to run a startup, a school, or a global business.

For more information, visit www.jive.com

View More View More

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

363 Jive Communications Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

How can I offer them 0 *. If there’s an choice, let me know. This is clearly a web page that is not correctly showing what Jive is about. The service had nonstop outages 1 years ago. When I mean nonstop, it was around 1 per week. Now - it’s changed to once every 3 months. But I am forced to stay with them as well as I can’t wait until I can totally cancel all of my phone lines with them. There’s definitely no purpose why a business should use Jive. It’s just unwanted and unreliable. Customer service is horrible.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

The support has not labored properly since we obtained it. There are an amount of clients that get a busy transmission, some you can't hear what they are conversation. It doesn't matter what the problem is. JIVE blames on either the ISP host. I've invested hours and hours with their customer no support. Moreover the assistance being sub par the phone system is really difficult to use. Shifting customers to other workers is difficult as well as harmful.

Get expert buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I had a seriously poor knowledge with Jive. The incoming calls dropped when our consumers were calling from a landline. We are an IT agency and we're receiving mostly from technical assistance and sales. So, the discussion phone system was very essential for us because our industry is restaurant and retailers as well as they call us for urgent. It was really frustrating for our consumers with urgent and with no conversation to us.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

The Jive process works but it's difficult often. There are some things that are fine about it but there are additional things that aren't. It's very hard to tell when individuals are on the cellphone. If I need to exchange a call, I can't. Most of our cell phones are the Pelicans and I can't tell if anyone else is on the other line. We had many problems when we 1st started but because it was a new process. I've disappointed by that at all. The reps are constantly very nonprofessional and they don't try to solve matters as quickly.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Many of us use Jive as a usual phone system. We don't take full benefit of all the features and the things that we've attempted to take benefit of haven't necessarily performed well for us, so we utilize it as fundamentally as we can. We've dropped calls due to moves which is annoying. There has no beneficial point that we've experienced with it so far is that we've been capable to observe the calls with the Jive reporting. We have been capable to forward numerous numbers to cellphones.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jive Communications?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Jive's support is not okay and technically they are beneficial, but often their method goes down. We are managing a business throughout the world as well as we expertise problems in other parts of the globe. If someone from PK is seeking to me, we are struggling with some obstruction there. The similar goes to my UK office. Constantly we follow up with individuals and I can ensure that there are numerous tickets going in and out with Jive. I would not recommend any human being to use Jive as it seems that they are just beginning and they may need some time to fix things up.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

One of my friends advised Jive and I've stuck along with them for almost 3 years. It's a pain to get through their customer support often. But we decided to leave them for the new business. That manner we could connect as well as chat and that's what we love about the new one. Almost all kinds of things has been not good as when our recording is not working and nobody's working. The recording method was from some other vendor and they noticed the server had a trouble, which they do not repaired. But it's 3 or 5 times worth of recording missed which we mostly use Jive.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

We've had two or three weird issues, like the phones ringing yet none of the increases could get, and lines blinking on hold. Anyway the line couldn't be gotten. In like manner, sometimes more than one caller are on a single line, making it hard to get the call you require.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I don't like Jive. It is way too expensive. Then I found out that you cost extra for helping me work with this over-complicated system. I do not like the platform. The people have been mostly nice, but that first person that I personally talked to acted so put out that I had query and needed more guidance than what others may need. I hate most everything about Jive.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Awful experience. We thought Jive would be a solid company but as soon as the sale went through all the ** started. Right from the get go they began issues with porting numbers. Then The call recordings, they did not disclose if you want records you have to download them 1 by one. Imagine having 10000s of calls a day which we do and having to download them 1 by 1. Ashame. On top of that they use Amazon s3 which you have to also pay for. So they assume your price will be a bit higher if you want to actually keep your recordings and download them. Now let's talk about their reporting. Absolute trash... They track very minimal amounts of info and the backend looks like it's something from the '90s. Sorry Jive but you guys have a lot of work to do if you want to play with the big boys.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Have yet to use system. Still trying to get Jive to give us a tutorial. Called a week ago to set up online training at our three locations and when it came time JIVE HAD NO RECORD OF SCHEDULED online training. On hold with customer service for eternity while they try to figure things out. Customer service can't even outline basic steps/procedures for set up. Complete waste of time!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

Salesperson misrepresented capabilities of system. For example, I needed to keep the 2-digit extension numbers I currently have because they are printed on business cards and other places. That's just one example. Deciding to cancel during my "free 60 day trial" after determining the system will not in fact do what I need, I first sent an email requesting cancellation May 17, 2018. No response. I sent a follow up May 22 which was responded to on May 23rd saying it would be assigned to the "Resolution Team". On May 30th, I requested a status update from Customer (no)Service. C. Today, June 27, 40 days after initially requesting cancellation, I receive an email telling me I need to complete a form online, which is required to cancel, which I have now done. What a bunch of BS trying to deal with this company. Wow! Terrible.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

My company has been using Jive for about the last 1 years. The service works OK about 25% of the time. Not a month goes by that the folks I call report echoes, "robot voice", garbled sounds, or the call dropping completely. Not a great thing when you are making outbound sales calls. Another HUGE problem I have is with their reporting. About every 2 months their out call reports go blank. I've reported this issue to them time and time again and they fix it, but only temporally. You may want to consider other options if your business relies on outbound phone calls for sales. I wouldn't recommend Jive to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

While I am very happy with the call quality, pricing and features. I feel that I was misled by the sales person. I called to add a second phone and was given a very good price for the phone but was not informed that adding a second phone would double my monthly charges. I have one phone number and 1 user. Had I been advised that there would be a monthly charge for the second phone I wouldn't have made the purchase. When I contacted billing support I was transferred to the "Resolutions" department. The person I spoke with was very pleasant and professional but was unable to offer me a resolution without first "digging into it". At this point I am waiting to hear back.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

The Jive method works but it's hard often. There are some things that are fine about it but there are other things that aren't. It's hard to tell when individuals are on the phone. If I need to transfer a call, I can't. Most of our cell phones are the Pelicans and I can't tell if someone else is on the other line. We had many problems when we 1st started but because it was a new system. I've disappointed by that at all. The reps are always very nonprofessional and they don't try to resolve issues as quickly.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Jive's assistance is okay and technically they are beneficial, but often their method goes down. We are managing a business throughout the world as well as we expertise issues in other parts of the globe. If someone from Pakistan is seeking to me, we are facing some obstacle there. The same goes to my Canada office. Constantly we follow up with individuals and I can ensure that there are numerous tickets going in and out with Jive. I would not recommend anyone to use Jive as it seems that they are just beginning and they may need some period to fix things up.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

One of my cousin recommended Jive and I've stuck with them for almost 1 years. It's a pain to get through their customer support often. But we decided to leave them for the new business. That way we could connect and chat and that's what we love about the new one!!! Everything do not good as when our recording is not functioning and nobody's working. The recording method was from some other vendor and they noticed the server had a trouble, which they do not fixed. But it's 3 or 5 times worth of recording missed which we mostly use Jive.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

We had numerous different business phone systems based upon on what we were in. This was our 1st voice over IT system that we installed. So we shifted from a traditional to PBX system in the other offices over to voice with Jive, but I would say it was a development over our previous system. I utilize the Find Me Follow Me quite heavily, and most of our personnel uses the instant messaging features as well as general office use. From an IT perspective, it's decreased some of our recurring calls in some cases and freed us up to work on other stuff.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Jive Communications will deceive you about everything in order to get you to join. My personal experience with Jive Communications was not empowering. After completing the online application I got a message that the system was down and I was required to experience a moderate procedure by telephone. Also, after you join and call customer service about issues, they keep on disclosing to you one lie after another.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

My personal expertise with Jive is not acceptable. We have complete in-house, not a hosted system. We use it straightforward dial as well as dial up. 90% of the time, it is inbound on a toll-free number. Everything's been pretty well when I've had to call them.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

How can I give them 0 stars. If there’s an option, let me know. This is clearly a web page that is not accurately showing what Jive is about. The service had nonstop outages two years ago. When I mean nonstop, it was at least once per week. Now - it’s changed to once every three months. But I am forced to stay with them and I can’t wait until I can fully cancel all of my phone lines with them. There’s absolutely no reason why a business should use Jive. It’s just bad and unreliable. Customer service is horrid.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

We had outdated PBX's. We selected Jive. Have 700+ phones at 12 locations. Ported lines to save on that as well. Now can virtually fax in or out to our email. You can call extensions, without using the telephone lines. I have only had 1 day, where there was an issue to answer my call. I called my agent and within 3 minutes found out it was their problem. Within an hour everything was fine. Using them for 6 years. If someone has issues with the phones, I would figure it is the user and not Jive. Billing is different, but other vendors also make billing mistakes.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

We canceled a few of our 800 #'s and then the next month they charged us for them again. When I tried to get a credit, they would only credit the cost of the numbers not the tax charged on them. Horrible customer service in just trying to get hold of my account manager and they would not even give me his extension so I had to keep calling and going through the prompts to reach him.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Whenever you need help with anything, customer support is there for you. They respond quickly and are very professional. Jive has a new portal so that you can get answers to questions right away online. It is easy to use. I like the search feature especially. Not everyone has that! On the customer service portal there are links to YouTube video tutorials, the latest support articles, support videos and forums. These I have found to be most helpful. It is still in the beginning stages, but they are getting things done right! When you do need to speak with a customer service specialist, they are there for you. They do an awesome job of follow-up, making sure your questions are answered. I really like working with Jive!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Do yourself a huge favor... Do not switch to Jive. This company sucks over all!!! Their phones don't work; staff very incompetent; they waste so much of your time!!! I have endless very frustrating and infuriating experiences with Jive. I switched because I wanted to save money. Worst mistake I have ever made!!! I should have stayed with Cox. I am a real very dis-satisfied customer of Jive. Again... do not switch to this company if you do not want to be pulling your hair from frustration!!!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

Jive Communications has done an excellent job of setting up my small business phone system using their VOIP technology. Everything works like a charm. Their Customer Service is amazing. Jive is GREAT!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

My company switched to Jive a few months ago and everything's been smooth and we have had no issues. Anytime we need technical help we are assisted quickly without long hold times. Their customer service is great, and they were willing to match other offers that we had received from competitors. Their platform is user friendly and they are very good at explaining how everything works and walking through each step.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I have taken Jive phone system in the recent past. Customer Service is very poor and also been busy. Wait time is over 30 minutes. Also issues never get resolved with one call. Incoming calls doesn't work all time. Down time has been more.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I was on automatic billing and about 2 years ago they billed over $500 rather than the $50 monthly. They never reimbursed for overdraft bank charges, and never even apologized, but they corrected then credited the difference in a couple days after I notified them. I should have quit then. Fast forward to March 23rd. (It is May 10th today) I've been trying to PORT OUT my telephone number to a new Cell iPhone I paid full price for in March. Something I can't use yet. First there was an 800 number attached, so Jive refused the port. I told them to disconnect the 800 number. That took 2 calls over a week into Jive to get that done. Then they refused the port due to a small error with the billing information.

Now they are constantly refusing the port due to "provisioning" whatever that means. Hours verifying the information with the new cellular carrier. Hours in total calls to Jive customer service, finally getting to someone in their porting department who says, "I see no reason why this number can't be ported out." Yet here I am, talking with the new cellular carrier for 49 minutes now verifying the request and trying to get MY number back from Jive. I think they keep delaying to keep me paying to keep my number active! Total scam!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

This is a company you do not want to deal with because if you have an issue or need support you will be putting a gun to your head as to how they support you. They make plenty of mistakes, piss you off and when you get made they drop you like a lead ball.

Jive Communications expert review by Ellen Muraskin

Jive Communications offers VoIP-based phone systems to businesses and institutions worldwide through its cloud-based platform. The company has partnerships with global leaders in the telecommunications services and hardware industry, including Panasonic, ADTRAN, Level 3 Communications, Cisco, Microsoft, Juniper Networks, Polycom, Verizon Business and Ingram Micro.

• Web portal: Customers can run their entire phone system online through a dedicated web portal.

• Easy installation: Jive Communications' phones are shipped ready to install and require no hardware setup.

• Software integration: The company offers standard and custom integration with customers' existing CRM, ERP and other software systems.

• Use any browser: Jive Web gives access to calling features, contact availability (presence), texting and system changes from any browser.

• Customer support: Jive Communications provides 24/7 support through its U.S.-based support technicians, network engineers and customer service agents.

• Best for: Small to medium sized businesses, large corporations, institutions and non-profit organizations.

Profile picture of Ellen Muraskin
    Ellen Muraskin VoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

Jive Communications Company Information