Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.82/5

Looking for a good VoIP provider?

Jive provides Internet phone systems and other business communication products to organizations of all sizes and types. Since its founding in 2006, Jive has provided affordable, powerful, and reliable service bundles that deliver all the communication tools necessary to run a startup, a school, or a global business.

For more information, visit www.jive.com

Jive Communications Reviews

Original review: May 1, 2019

The service for the cost paid is excellent. The costs are in check as is the service and when we do need support, which is not very often; Jive is there to help and assist. Call quality is very good and so are the features on their platform. We hope that Jive continues to deliver good service and good value as both are equally important to our business. We constantly evaluate our VoIP services and network and while hardware and software keep changing; we find that Jive is consistent and delivers. Auto Attendant and voice mail are our top feature priorities. Jive delivers e-fax as well and that has saved us another expense and annoyance of having to reboot the fax/copier machine when inbound faxes do not arrive because of power issues from storms. Another cool feature are the call records and reports.

Original review: May 1, 2019

Jive is really easy to set up and configure and has plenty of options that we didn't see when we were using FreePBX. One of the problems that we were having is that when we would transfer a call it would show the employee who transferred it as the caller instead of the true caller. We also don't need to forward calls to cell phones anymore because of the Jive mobile app but they still give us the option to forward calls if we need to. Jive also gives you the option to call for the Web, mobile phone or a headphone, one of the issues I have is when it signs you out after a week if you don't reauthorize yourself and it tells you to reauthorize yourself but you would have to go into the tab or open the app.

Get expert buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 30, 2019

We had an old phone system (Easy Office) that we used for about 8 years, now we've changed to Jive Communications and we can definitely tell you that you won't waste your money switching to this company. 100% Efficient, almost no phone issues, once you set all you need on the PBX (which can take up to 1 week due to a lot of features that you will find on the system), the rest is just enjoy a very good and fast phone system. We have over 8 phone numbers on this platform and each one with a different Dial Plan and ring groups, everything goes fine and works perfectly. Like I said, Highly recommended for any company who wants to have a liable and stable phone system base on IP communications.

Original review: April 29, 2019

Jive proves that you can provide complete communication solutions without sacrificing ease-of-use. I was looking to switch from someone physically handling our phone calls to a virtual solution that would allow me to handle our company's telephone system without the need for additional personnel or expensive equipment. Enter Jive. I had a dedicated Jive representative to walk me through determining how they could meet our needs, another dedicated Jive representative to walk me through setting up our system EXACTLY how I wanted it to be, and a full-time support team to assist me with questions after initial setup.

Their system is set up like an old-school phone tree so you can see the exact logic in how calls are handled and how all the elements interact. Even if you do not consider yourself to have technical skills, you can run your phone system using the Jive solution. I spent considerable time comparing options and I would choose Jive 10 times out of 10, were I to do it again.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I must admit that when we decided to move over to Jive I was a little concerned. It was not a company like AT&T or Comcast so I did not know others that had done business with them so I had no idea what to expect. I was right, Jive is NOTHING like AT&T or Comcast... JIVE is BETTER. Their professional customer service agents are the best in the business.

There is never a time I have called when there was an issue where the service rep I was talking with did not do everything to assure me that they will help me fix the problem and have always followed up after the work was done to make sure I was still happy with my service. I can't ask any more from JIVE than what they already do. If ever a friend is starting a business I will definitely be recommending JIVE for their office communication needs. Thanks JIVE keep up the great work.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jive Communications?

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

We ported our numbers to them last week. We have had virtually no support since. We call and are on hold for 20-30 minutes. Then the department we reached tells us that a different department has to help us. Then they give us the number to that department rather than transfering us. On hold again for 20-30 minutes. Then that department tells us the other needs to help us. Emails go unanswered. Or they send us a link to a video that does not help us. I call my sales rep. He's "frustrated as well." He and his VP have requested to their service department that they give us a call to help us.

Two days later and no one has contacted us. I emailed my rep and told him we want to leave since they can provide nothing more than incoming and outgoing calls. No messages, no training on how to use their low quality phones. No response other than, "We will try to get someone to call you to help you." Then I call him and he transfers me to another person who says that even though they haven't provided what was promised inside of a week, I am bound by a contract for a year of this crap.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

The Jive sales team is on point! They talk a big talk and make all sorts of promises but once you sign on the dotted line they no longer return your calls. I was hesitant to sign the contract because we have an unusual networking system that includes another dental office so I was sure to let Jesse at Jive know about my concerns. He assured me everything would be fine and if we weren't able to use their phones we would be able to get out of the contract. BUT... once the contract was signed things changed. Jesse no longer returns my calls and now that we can't use their service and are trying to get out of the contract they are no longer willing to help. Promises were made to us on a recorded line but the recordings have mysteriously disappeared so it's my word against Jesse's. I am very disappointed in this company and warn everyone not to fall for their promises!!!!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

Jive was the worst decision we could have ever made as a company. They are dishonest, rude, and tried to double bill us at the end. Seems like it's run out of someone's basement. Trying to discontinue service with them is just about impossible. STAY AWAY!!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

We decided to give Jive a try because their sales staff was amazing -- and honestly their set-up and customer service staff was too. It seemed to have all of the features we wanted -- plus some! So it didn't seem odd to us that they wanted a 1 year contract, which we signed. Then came time to set-up. VERY confusing and not always intuitive. Took multiple phone calls for help, and often we didn't even know WHAT to ask! They were super helpful, but it took a couple of months to try to get it set up correctly.

Then we discovered the call quality. It ranged from ok, but a little tinny to garbled with drop-outs every few seconds. Our business depends on our phone support lines, and we began to dread every call -- both incoming and outgoing, because we never knew what the quality would be. Jive kept telling us they'd test it / fix it... but then said all was fine. It wasn't. It got so bad that we started getting customer complaints. We simply cannot afford this in our business, so we cancelled and switched back to our previous provider (Ring Central).

NOW Jive is insisting that we pay off the full 1-year contract -- about 1K, even though we were never able to use their system as advertised -- and we tried for over 2 months. THAT IS WHY THEY HAVE YOU SIGN THE CONTRACT. Funny how Ring Central doesn't have one... Hmmmm.... Beware -- they won't give an inch on this, even though I was ready to pay a reduced fee just to be done with it. Even our sales person there was pushing their resolutions department to drop it. They refused. We're now talking to our lawyers. BEWARE.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

You can not call and tell JIVE to stop business. They will keep billing you unless you return their email requesting cancellation. They lie about when and how you request a change in service. When I did sent them their email they still billed me for a month after I ported the number. Resolution Center is useless. They get a sick thrill out of hearing you complain and "you better not threaten them with the FCC". They will do the opposite of what you agree. STAY AWAY.

Not sure about Jive Communications?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right VoIP provider for you.

Jive Communications expert review by Ellen Muraskin

Jive Communications offers VoIP-based phone systems to businesses and institutions worldwide through its cloud-based platform. The company has partnerships with global leaders in the telecommunications services and hardware industry, including Panasonic, ADTRAN, Level 3 Communications, Cisco, Microsoft, Juniper Networks, Polycom, Verizon Business and Ingram Micro.

• Web portal: Customers can run their entire phone system online through a dedicated web portal.

• Easy installation: Jive Communications' phones are shipped ready to install and require no hardware setup.

• Software integration: The company offers standard and custom integration with customers' existing CRM, ERP and other software systems.

• Use any browser: Jive Web gives access to calling features, contact availability (presence), texting and system changes from any browser.

• Customer support: Jive Communications provides 24/7 support through its U.S.-based support technicians, network engineers and customer service agents.

• Best for: Small to medium sized businesses, large corporations, institutions and non-profit organizations.

by Ellen Muraskin VoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

Jive Communications Company Information