toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I would like to take this opportunity to commend Patrick for an outstanding job he did getting me set up with Flagship Merchant Services. Very confusing type of transaction for me, but Patrick was patient and explained the entire process to me. Smooth transition with my equipment as well. Thank you again.

iPayment

The decision regarding the holding of the funds for this merchant is made by the Loss Prevention/Security Team of iPayment. Flagship's role in the sales process with this merchant is to explain the rates and fees associated with credit card processing and the equipment used for said credit card processing. We then assist the merchant through the application, underwriting and boarding process of their merchant application and merchant account install. At that point, they have a merchant account with iPayment and all debiting and crediting and holding of funds are handled and determined by iPayment and we have no control over such decisions. I am sorry for the inconvenience cause by this random transaction verification. iPayment typically calls the merchant in a professional manner to verify the transaction. This is very common in the payments industry and the merchants customers shouldn't be alarmed by the verification process. If you have any further questions iPayment's risk department will be happy to assist you further.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2016

Everything started out well. We made it through our first day of processing! The next day we receive a vague email to provide the name, telephone number and other details for our transactions and that our money would be held for up to 180 days, 6months. I have no problem providing verification that the transactions are legitimate. However, demanding us to give them our customers private contact information without their consent is unacceptable. Ipayment is not their bank nor the business in which they have trusted their contact info with.

So, my question is - once iPayment - calls our customers to ask about their charge, what will they say? Will they be professional? Are they going to alarm our customers? Will we lose business? How often will I payment call this customer? Is it legal for us to share contact info with ipayment without the customers knowledge or permission?

The representative I spoke with was very annoyed by any questions and made the situation feel like a threat. I then researched the company under "ipayment holds funds" and apparently people have lost thousands of dollars because of this weird, undisclosed procedure. I am glad this happened on the first day and that it didn't take for us to lose thousands to realize ipayments, flagship (3rd party sales), and affiliated company creditcardpayments.com are the worst in business.

Factual basis uncertain

Reviews on this page is a scam. I worked with multiple merchant services people. Of course they all suck except Payline data. We had to cancel with them due to technical issues but they take care of you. People that work at iPayment's seem to be all immigrants without degrees. Nothing against immigrants. I am one. But it seems they hire them for the low wages and poor customer service. Good thing they were only able to scam me for 400 bucks. Could have been worse. Ghetto ass reps speaking Ebonics. Stay away they lie to you to the max. Talk to 5 different people in different departments. All knuckleheads. From their risk department Matt l to their sales rep Rachel. They will dodge your calls. Even the manager lady was unprofessional and hung up on me after they stole my money. ** iPayment - worst of the worst.

Great experience. Fast setting it up. Vincent was a pleasure to work with.

Best ever. He was very patient and kind. Help me with my problems right away. Terrific communicational skills.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about iPayment, Inc.?

Vincent was very helpful making changes to my subaccount for a change in employees and also connected with a different dept. to get a seasonal closure form sent to me so I didn't have to call another number or be on hold for a long time. Very helpful and patient. Recommend highly for customer service!

I already contacted the BBB. They kept taking big sums of money out of my account. They told me no hidden fees. They told me it was 1.6% of the charges I made. He made it sound too good to be true. Well every month they took $55 out of my account. Some of my clients pay in cash, so I wasn't using the app all the time. It did not make sense as to why they were taking $55 out. I then did research and to my horror they do this to a lot of people. Your contract is for 3 years and if you cancel within the first year it is $350, that is too much! He never told me that over the phone. I read dozens of reviewers saying the same thing. I then tried calling them to cancel, I knew I needed to cut ties from them fast. They ignored all my calls and emails. I left voice mails and everything. Totally ignored! So I closed my bank account.

Finally they contacted me because they were no able to get money from me. They told me my contract was canceled but demanded money from me and I told them no. I then told them I wanted to see my contract and they wouldn't show it to me!!! They sent me to CrediSolve, a collections agency that they do business with. I am trying to dispute these charges but I doubt I'll get anywhere. It's best to cut your losses and move on. So I warn you, do not do business with them. You will regret it! I am not even convinced that these reviews on here are real.

Good evening, first just let me thank you for me being approved. Thank Vincent for explaining how the process works and being very detailed of helping me open my account. Also thanks for being patient with me when I was had the flu and remembering who I was when I called him back. Thanks for getting me the start up discount and working with me, so I wouldn't have to keep calling around to others merchants. Cause it was between Flagship and Wells Fargo my own bank, but after being knowledgeable and explaining the comparison of fees, Vincent won me over. Thanks again!

I cannot express enough how easy the set up process was & how Vincent helped me with exactly what I needed & all the options I have available. I'm excited to get started & knowing I have help with questions quickly is a peace of mind. Thank you.

My experience was actually horrible, (on hold for 1 hour and 4 minutes) thru 3 people, until Vincent ** got on the phone and instantly turned a horrible call into a pleasant call. He provided the best experience I have ever had with Flagship.

Vincent was helpful in every way getting an account set up. It is unfortunate we could not complete the transaction.

I have been using iPayment and they are not in business to help small businesses grow. Flagship does their merchant processing through iPayment. iPayment will put holds on your money. They will limit what you can charge a customer. They can and will hold your deposits for months and at anytime take out past deposits. Look online at OTHER sites and all the negative reviews. Customer service at the Risk Management Dept. for iPayment is rude and not willing to help. Be warned.

Everything went well. I had a good experience.

Elsie has been great. She made everything quick and painless!

Thanks to Elsie for taking such good care of me. She listened and took care of my application with professionalism & friendliness. For her: good dark chocolate, a nice lunch out &/or a raise.

I was totally satisfied with the way Jacob helped me. He is such a great guy. He made the process easy and helped me save money. If I will definitely keep working Jacob in the future. Thanks for everything.

Brian was wonderful to work with. He is professional and very well versed in what the company can do for you!

I had a positive experience with my account rep Elsie **. She was personable, reliable and consistently got back to me when setting up my account and learning about its functions. Ultimately I decided to discontinue the service. However, I wanted to acknowledge Elsie's hard work and patience.

Brian was the best help. Clear, straight to the point and excited.

Was very good and fast with handling everything. Very clear on it all. Thank you.

Vinnie ** is awesome!!! At every turn, he was on point. Every concern and unforeseen challenge, he helped us through. He is the reason we continued with such an arduous and complicated process (on our end, not yours). He is such an asset and we are grateful to know he will be there to help in the future.

Matt is great. Super helpful and patient!

Great deals and excellent customer service, Matt was very attentive and helpful. Thank you!

Matthew ** was very helpful and professional and patient.

Matt was a pleasure to work with and he did a great job. Thank you.

I would like Flagship management to personally acknowledge the exemplary level of customer service provided to me from Mr. Jesse **. I am no stranger to sales or customer service and know without a doubt Jesse took personal pride in making sure my experience with Flagship was the best it could be. He was very thorough and patient with in his explanations which often included several visual examples. I can't say enough good things about the professionalism he displayed the whole time. And this was only one quarter of the reasons I made up my mind to sign up with your company so fast. The other reasons have to do with the product's ease of use, price, and the quality technical support provided to me the merchant. Jesse ** delivers a home run! Jesse really made me feel at home with the things Flagship offers.

Brian has been a true professional. He was patient, persistent and cordial and finish to the task successfully to the end. I highly recommend him. Way to go Brian!

This was not an easy system to set up. I think it was because we added the pin pad after we ordered the terminal and they did not configure them together before they were sent out. Anyway, after 1 hour and 10 minutes on the phone with support (Ben) - who was totally awesome - we got everything working great. It is easy to use and customer support was great!

It was good.

Vincent was very helpful in getting my 3 accounts situated.

iPayment Company Profile