iPayment

• 4 stars10
  • 3 stars3
  • 2 stars0
  • 1 stars5

For over 20 years, iPayment has been a leader in the payment processing industry. Customer satisfaction is a high priority as we offer credit card processing solutions to merchants across the United States. We build customer relationships on trust and respect by anticipating needs and delivering innovative solutions.

I would like to take this opportunity to commend Patrick for an outstanding job he did getting me set up with Flagship Merchant Services. Very confusing type of transaction for me, but Patrick was patient and explained the entire process to me. Smooth transition with my equipment as well. Thank you again.

Reviews on this page is a scam. I worked with multiple merchant services people. Of course they all suck except Payline data. We had to cancel with them due to technical issues but they take care of you. People that work at iPayment's seem to be all immigrants without degrees. Nothing against immigrants. I am one. But it seems they hire them for the low wages and poor customer service. Good thing they were only able to scam me for 400 bucks. Could have been worse. Ghetto ass reps speaking Ebonics. Stay away they lie to you to the max. Talk to 5 different people in different departments. All knuckleheads. From their risk department Matt l to their sales rep Rachel. They will dodge your calls. Even the manager lady was unprofessional and hung up on me after they stole my money. ** iPayment - worst of the worst.

Great experience. Fast setting it up. Vincent was a pleasure to work with.

Best ever. He was very patient and kind. Help me with my problems right away. Terrific communicational skills.

Vincent was very helpful making changes to my subaccount for a change in employees and also connected with a different dept. to get a seasonal closure form sent to me so I didn't have to call another number or be on hold for a long time. Very helpful and patient. Recommend highly for customer service!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about iPayment, Inc.?

I already contacted the BBB. They kept taking big sums of money out of my account. They told me no hidden fees. They told me it was 1.6% of the charges I made. He made it sound too good to be true. Well every month they took $55 out of my account. Some of my clients pay in cash, so I wasn't using the app all the time. It did not make sense as to why they were taking $55 out. I then did research and to my horror they do this to a lot of people. Your contract is for 3 years and if you cancel within the first year it is $350, that is too much! He never told me that over the phone. I read dozens of reviewers saying the same thing. I then tried calling them to cancel, I knew I needed to cut ties from them fast. They ignored all my calls and emails. I left voice mails and everything. Totally ignored! So I closed my bank account.

Finally they contacted me because they were no able to get money from me. They told me my contract was canceled but demanded money from me and I told them no. I then told them I wanted to see my contract and they wouldn't show it to me!!! They sent me to CrediSolve, a collections agency that they do business with. I am trying to dispute these charges but I doubt I'll get anywhere. It's best to cut your losses and move on. So I warn you, do not do business with them. You will regret it! I am not even convinced that these reviews on here are real.

Good evening, first just let me thank you for me being approved. Thank Vincent for explaining how the process works and being very detailed of helping me open my account. Also thanks for being patient with me when I was had the flu and remembering who I was when I called him back. Thanks for getting me the start up discount and working with me, so I wouldn't have to keep calling around to others merchants. Cause it was between Flagship and Wells Fargo my own bank, but after being knowledgeable and explaining the comparison of fees, Vincent won me over. Thanks again!

I cannot express enough how easy the set up process was & how Vincent helped me with exactly what I needed & all the options I have available. I'm excited to get started & knowing I have help with questions quickly is a peace of mind. Thank you.

My experience was actually horrible, (on hold for 1 hour and 4 minutes) thru 3 people, until Vincent ** got on the phone and instantly turned a horrible call into a pleasant call. He provided the best experience I have ever had with Flagship.

Vincent was helpful in every way getting an account set up. It is unfortunate we could not complete the transaction.

I have been using iPayment and they are not in business to help small businesses grow. Flagship does their merchant processing through iPayment. iPayment will put holds on your money. They will limit what you can charge a customer. They can and will hold your deposits for months and at anytime take out past deposits. Look online at OTHER sites and all the negative reviews. Customer service at the Risk Management Dept. for iPayment is rude and not willing to help. Be warned.

Everything went well. I had a good experience.

Elsie has been great. She made everything quick and painless!

Thanks to Elsie for taking such good care of me. She listened and took care of my application with professionalism & friendliness. For her: good dark chocolate, a nice lunch out &/or a raise.

I was totally satisfied with the way Jacob helped me. He is such a great guy. He made the process easy and helped me save money. If I will definitely keep working Jacob in the future. Thanks for everything.

Brian was wonderful to work with. He is professional and very well versed in what the company can do for you!

I had a positive experience with my account rep Elsie **. She was personable, reliable and consistently got back to me when setting up my account and learning about its functions. Ultimately I decided to discontinue the service. However, I wanted to acknowledge Elsie's hard work and patience.

Brian was the best help. Clear, straight to the point and excited.

Was very good and fast with handling everything. Very clear on it all. Thank you.

Vinnie ** is awesome!!! At every turn, he was on point. Every concern and unforeseen challenge, he helped us through. He is the reason we continued with such an arduous and complicated process (on our end, not yours). He is such an asset and we are grateful to know he will be there to help in the future.

Matt is great. Super helpful and patient!

Great deals and excellent customer service, Matt was very attentive and helpful. Thank you!

Matthew ** was very helpful and professional and patient.

Matt was a pleasure to work with and he did a great job. Thank you.

I would like Flagship management to personally acknowledge the exemplary level of customer service provided to me from Mr. Jesse **. I am no stranger to sales or customer service and know without a doubt Jesse took personal pride in making sure my experience with Flagship was the best it could be. He was very thorough and patient with in his explanations which often included several visual examples. I can't say enough good things about the professionalism he displayed the whole time. And this was only one quarter of the reasons I made up my mind to sign up with your company so fast. The other reasons have to do with the product's ease of use, price, and the quality technical support provided to me the merchant. Jesse ** delivers a home run! Jesse really made me feel at home with the things Flagship offers.

Brian has been a true professional. He was patient, persistent and cordial and finish to the task successfully to the end. I highly recommend him. Way to go Brian!

This was not an easy system to set up. I think it was because we added the pin pad after we ordered the terminal and they did not configure them together before they were sent out. Anyway, after 1 hour and 10 minutes on the phone with support (Ben) - who was totally awesome - we got everything working great. It is easy to use and customer support was great!

It was good.

Vincent was very helpful in getting my 3 accounts situated.

Great Experience. Alex was extremely helpful.

Expert Review

Beverly HarzogCredit Cards Contributing Editor

Beverly Harzog is a nationally-recognized credit card expert, consumer advocate and author. She’s appeared on Fox News, CNN Newsource, NBC New York and more. Her advice has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Money Magazine, CNNMoney.com, The New York Times, Kiplinger, Real Simple, Time.com, Family Circle and much more.    More about Beverly→

iPayment, Inc. provides payment processing solutions for small and medium-sized businesses (SMB). The company has been around for over 17 years and serves 150,000 SMB customers.

• Payment versatility: This company provides terminals that accept EMV and NFC contactless payments. They also have the ability to turn an Apple or Android mobile phone into a mobile point of sale and specialize in pay-at-pump solutions for gas stations.
  • Cash advances: Get instant cash advances with low interest rates to support a new business. Merchants can qualify for up to $250,000 in funding.
  • Valuable online reporting: Thanks to their iAccess online tool, which is basically a customer engagement portal, merchants can get real-time data about every transaction for their company. It’s even possible to compare your business performance to your competitors’ data.
  • Gift and loyalty cards: Choose from predesigned packages that let clients prepay for goods and services more securely than with paper certificates.
  • iPayment MobilePay Merchant Portal: Small and mid-size businesses can use this feature to analyze and track purchases. It automatically keeps data up-to-date across all devices.
  • Best for Small- and medium-sized businesses, including brick-and-mortar retailers, restaurants, gas stations and online merchants.

iPayment Company Profile