3.6/5 (240 ratings)

About Indiegogo

Indiegogo Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Indiegogo?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Indiegogo?

Original review: Feb. 5, 2022

Once you give your money to Indiegogo (IGG), you kiss it goodbye. I just found out that I have been scammed for the third time on this platform, and IGG won't lift a finger to help. Worse, they always make money. The two most recent (and last) scams that I was robbed by was Micro Drone 4 (Vernon Kerswell was the campaigner: GigaDrive, Xianglin Chen “Founder, Intricate & Detailed Thinker”- really, he wrote this garbage!). Anyway, money taken, then ghosted. Indiegogo with all their hype of safety, protection, trust, etc., etc., etc., they took their cut and ran with it. So, be wise, save your time and money, just skip IGG and buy from Amazon.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

I was enticed to "buy" a lighted cycling helmet through Indiegogo in June 2020. The company has been stalling since that time and dozens of people have been put off by all sorts of excuses. Recently the company LIVEALL-supposedly responsible for the helmet production produced a message the U.S. post office had refused to deliver the products and returned them to a U.S. receiving port, but no tracking was evident. Then the company stated the helmets were still in China with more excuses about further delays. DO NOT TRUST THIS WEBSITE!!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

I bought a scooter from the Aktivo company on the Indiegogo website (in November 2018) and I didn't have the product! I and hundreds of other buyers were victims of a scam of Aktivo and Indiegogo does nothing! And Indiegogo has been ZERO HELP in resolving this matter. The company Aktivo is still out there selling new product via other channels. I will never support an Indiegogo campaign again.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

I bought a scooter from the Ativo company on the Indiegogo website (in January 2019) and I didn't have the product! I and hundreds of other buyers were victims of a scam of Aktivo and Indiegogo does nothing!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

I had set up an account on INDIEGOGO. There is poor response to any attempt for support and queries. The website just continues to give errors when logging in etc to sending complaints etc. I suspect this is a scam site and do not waste your time and monies on any projects, you will likely lose everything you have paid.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

If you want cheap ** you could have bought from Alibaba, just without consumer rights behind your back. Then sure go ahead. I've "backed" 2 projects from this site. One project gave me cheap grade items made by underpaid people in Asia and the other one never got to me. It has gone 7years and only sad monthly updates with more ignorance to all consumers. My opinion: Do NOT ever buy from a Indiegogo site.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

I do not recommend to use this company. I created a campaign to edit and publish a book (Third Evacuation). The web page looks nice and it is easy to use. You can prepare everything in advance and you have the advantage of having a flexible target (if you do not meet the target, you receive the funds anyway). The day before of launching the campaign, after working several days fine tuning the web page, everything vanished. The web page was reset by the system. We have to run to reconstruct everything. Tech support did not know what happened and did nothing to help us.

They promise to transfer the funds in no more than 15 days. It is taking me more than 2 months and I have not receive them. Why? Because they cannot transfer funds to a bank in Canada. You need to open a checking account in US dollar in US. And they do not tell you that even though they accepted the Canadian banking account number.

You can complain, say that you are not happy or are really upset and they do not care. There is no phone number to call. All communication goes by email and they do not answer soon. You can say you want to talk with a supervisor or any human being and they do not care. Basically, you cannot escalated any serious issue. I end my campaign and I have to request a loan to pay the expenses of producing the book because I was committed to my backers. Today, after almost 3 months, I have not receive my funds. I opened the US Account just for that and I am waiting again. It has been a very stressful experience.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

Was scammed. Indiegogo did nothing to help. I received a couple of canned responses and then no communication. Indiegogo's campaign screening process to protect from scammers is completely incompetent, and they have zero interest in assisting scammed contributors. Literally anyone can start a campaign and run with your money. Stay away.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

Backed a company for over $800 and never received product and it's been over 5 years of waiting. They would write prosuct updates once in a while but nothing the past year or 2. DON'T BACK ANY COMPANY ON THIS SITE. They will take your money and run and they don't provide refunds. I requested a refund years ago and never heard back from the company I backed and Indiegogo offers no help.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

Just like many others here have said, the support from Indiegogo is non-existent. I funded the LET Glass campaign - it was excuse after excuse, and after a couple of years, they don't even bother to write updates anymore. They still take your money, and Indiegogo just lets it happen. In the end, when many of the backers complained, Indiegogo did nothing, just said they'll look into it. After so many years and complains, all Indiegogo did was provide some scam email address and asked backed to contact that email (you guessed it, no replies). What a waste of time and money. It's like they helped themselves to everyone's money - Indiegogo gets a cut, they get a good laugh at how many doorknobs helped fund it.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

After waiting over 2-1/2 years for product, I believe I’ve been ripped off. And Indiegogo has been ZERO HELP in resolving this matter. The company (Aktivo) is still out there selling new product via other channels. Regular updates (excuses for no product shipped) have slipped to every six months at best with no updates on delivery to me. It would appear that I’m out $625. I doubt I will ever support an Indiegogo campaign again.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

BEWARE! This webpage hosts plenty of scam crowdfunding campaigns. The most recent, Rocketbike project. Indiegogo covers this scammers and avoids any responsability. They basically protect scammers instead the honest backers. I honestly recommend NOT backing any of the campaigns in indiegogo if you don't want to lose your money. Rocketbike is just an example, can mention a few that were a big scam too; USB stick 2tb, Gazer projector, Hela bio smartwatch (glucose reader), just a bunch of lies and crap. They took millions of dollars and didn't even mind answering anymore. Bunch of thieves, and indiegogo is just part of it. DO NOT spend your money on this scammers!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

The offer promised shipping in March 2021. Now it is November 2021. No product. Jordan ** is the one that got all of our monies. We have complained to Indiegogo that this product and "developer' are a scam. Indiegogo washed their hands and takes no action.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

Don't waste your money here. They support the scam and give the scammers your money and never look back. I got scammed like million of people over the last years and Indiegogo has never made anything to give the people their money back.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

The service provided by Indiegogo has been terrible. I've been scammed by an individual merchant, HybridDrive, on their platform and they've done nothing to help their customers who are being scammed. That's because they've already gotten a cut of their revenue from the backing project and could care less if the product was actually delivered. Do not back any projects on this website, even though how reputable you may think they are. They collude with the individual merchants and even let them get away with scamming millions of dollars, just because they're getting a piece of it.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

I have zero good things to say about this company. If you are looking to buy or support new companies do not Use Indiegogo. They enable scammers. They do not care that you have been scammed and will do nothing to help you. They will simply advise you to reach out to the campaign you supported. Well scammers will not help you so that is as good as indiegogo just not replying at all.

Indiegogo’s model gives themselves commission anytime sellers make new campaigns and sells from their products. Indiegogo also has great policies and fine print when a buyer purchases from them that absolves indiegogo from any responsibility of these scams as well. So they have no reason to change this model as long as they make money. They don’t care that thousands of buyers are getting scammed daily on their site. They never have to pay back any of the money they make on these scams. In essence they are a part of the scam themselves. They make lots of dirty money, don’t have to give it back, and aren’t liable as they themselves weren’t the one that scammed you. They have zero reason to change this as long as people buy from them. Do yourself a favor and stay away from them. Use a different site to support real people trying to start up a new business that actually care about the people supporting them.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

This is a hit or miss, Indiegogo has no way to make these fake inventors be held accountable. Be prepared to donate your money to these people. The product of these might look enticing, but it might be a person that will take your money and give you **. The best way is to wait until the product comes out to the market.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

Donor to Leaf Mask project with Indiegogo. After 18 months still no product. Support almost non-existent through Indiegogo and the manufacturer, but finally reached manufacturer support through their online chat. Even after they checked and confirmed my order, and VERIFIED they were in the process of shipping my order and it would be out within the next 6 days (this was over 5 months ago) - NOTHING. They obviously have no intent of delivering the product, and have stolen my money (and Indiegogo has done nothing to deal with the issues of one of their programs). Disgusting - don't trust Indiegogo with any of the platforms they allow as obviously there is no verification on their side as to whether a company is legit or not. Shame on them.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

While there are really great campaigns on Indiegogo I would not ever under any circumstances use them to support any campaign as their vetting process and customer service is absolutely horrible. I’ve supported 5 campaigns in the last year and have received only one perk that has actually worked. This particular campaign was a fraud and it’s taking 90 days to dispute a $1898 loss that I may end up eating because Indiegogo doesn’t complete its vetting process. To make matters worse they refuse to answer basic questions about campaign activity and only communicate via email. They really do not seem care about backers and I don’t think I’ve read more insincere horse crap responses.

Essentially what happens with your money is you get to support young capitalists that don’t really know what they are doing so they can produce something at a lower price then you end up paying for just to be the test market. It sounds nice like you are going to help make something or someone better but in reality it’s a total crapshoot and odds are good you’ll be left holding the overpriced, delayed, handful of crap or in my case nothing. I hope because of banking regulations I end up getting some kind of refund but I thought the least I could do is to save others from the marketing ghosts that are Indiegogo. Locate the campaign directly or through another means but do yourself a favor don’t support Indiegogo. They do not care.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

Set up sent in over $700. Updates were false and there is ZERO help from Indiegogo to help capture any of my funds. All Indiegogo does is give you an empty email ... no value or support. I have sent in many emails, all you get back is a form note ... saying sorry.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

I trusted on Indiegogo campaign by purchasing their Seven coffee maker campaign on September 2020 and ETA on November. It is almost a year since my purchase #** with no delivery and no even answers from the campaigner. After no replies from them I escalated to Indiegogo support and asked them to intermediate but instead I got the following answer: "To clarify, each crowdfunding campaign is run by the individual campaigner who is solely in charge of distributing any perks offered. Indiegogo does not guarantee that the perks offered by the campaigner will be produced or delivered. However, campaigners are expected to be communicative and responsive to their backers." Indiegogo does not take any liability on their products and services which is unbelievable and unacceptable. This is scam and I feel alone with 200 USD lost.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

There is no way to contact support at Indiegogo, they just want to take your money for crowdfunding items that never ship. I tried going to their website and contacting support, but the system goes in a loop without actually letting you contact support. I paid $400 for 2 Leaf Masks that never shipped and it has been over a year now. I won't back any projects from them again.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

These guys are impossible to contact. I personally WILL NOT take the risk of backing any more projects. I backed one project and the goods just never arrive! There is no way to contact Indiegogo, thank god it was only a couple of hundred dollars.

Original review: June 18, 2021

I contributed to Campster: Full-Height Ultra-Light chair which was to be delivered last July. Got nothing, despite numerous emails to the company. I was blocked from warning others. Indiegogo ignored my emails as well. I had another project years ago where they stole the money and delivered nothing. Indiegogo does nothing to monitor things and neither they or the Campster chair deserve to be in business. Costco now has better chairs for half the price.

Original review: May 26, 2021

I have been contributing on Indiegogo for some time and I had backed 14 projects, with several still in development. Today, I received an email from Indiegogo that my account had been closed, as I had breached their Terms. No idea what Terms I should have breached, as I had only contributed and left one (positive) review in the comments section. There is no way that Indiegogo can be reached by phone or chat, and no one seems to reply to their email/support questions. I find this behaviour quite troubling as I do not know what is going to happen to the money I had paid for the upcoming projects. The lack of communication with the company is unprofessional and their behaviour unethical.

Original review: May 26, 2021

Took part in MagicStick campaign 6 years ago and the item has not yet been delivered. Obviously, this is a scam and the company has no policy against such cases. The campaign page is still open in their website and the last update was 1 year ago from the indian company who are obviously making excuses for not delivering with the support of Indiegogo.

Original review: May 25, 2021

I ordered an adjustable desk in December. Now it is May and none of the 3,000+ backers have received the product. Indiegogo has washed their hands of it and told all customers "tough luck". This is incredibly suspicious. DON'T FALL FOR THE SCAM. DON'T SUPPORT THE FRAUD.

Original review: May 17, 2021

I have been trying to get a refund from these thieves for the last month due to no signs of ever receiving my masks I ordered since Dec 2020. Now they call me a backer to their fraud of a business and can't refund my $200, and expect me to just wait until they feel like paying me. I feel robbed and can't wait to get done with their games. Don't buy from these fools, they are not legit and someone should look into this apparent company stealing money from people and getting away with it. They claim they have 4 million in funds and can't return $200, how is that not fishy. If they would have sent the masks since March like they said they were, maybe I would be ok, but no masks and no money.

Original review: April 30, 2021

I backed the electric desk. Updates were coming and they sent a photo of completed product and said it was gonna ship. Then heard nothing and go look at the campaign finding an update with Indiegogo saying that they tried contacting the owner with no response. Oh well, nothing they could do! Wiping their hands clean! That update mind you, did not come through to me through my email like all the others did, so they are trying to not notify people on purpose!! Don’t buy anything with indiegogo. They are a bunch of scammers!!

Original review: April 14, 2021

My wife and I backed a campaign for an electronic ear cleaning device by BeBird / Wenhan Zhang. We didn't realise that BeBird / Wenhan Zhang had already completed a campaign for a similar device, which would have been our first warning... Needless to say, we never received our purchased product, nor did plenty of other backers of that same campaign. BeBird / Wenhan Zhang then proceeded to begin another campaign for an almost identical device.

I contacted Indiegogo about this, and they acknowledged that BeBird / Wenhan Zhang were making campaigns and not fulfilling them, but that Indiegogo would do nothing about this. As per the other reviews on this site, this is not peculiar to this campaign, but instead Indiegogo make their business on allowing fraudulent campaigns and not protecting their clients. I struggle to think of another company who more deserves to be shut down.

Indiegogo Company Information