2.53/5

114 Indiegogo Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I ordered the product in April 2018 for September delivery. I received an email stating delivery would now be October. The update was a broadcast email not a response to my many emails. It was a glowing emailing of all the spec increases that they are adding for FREE. I sent multiple emails to both Indiegogo and NEW ATLAS (the advertiser) about the order and all NEW ATLAS would say is they had no way to contact them and that they were sorry. I love New Atlas and I tell everyone about it. But Indiegogo never responded to my many emails. Today is Dec 20, 2018 and I still have no truthful news or the product and I am very very disappointed with them. I purchase directly from China and other countries without incident, but this Indiegogo company appears to be a ripoff. Hope you are smarter than I was and read the reviews first before buying.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I am going to keep it short as I have wasted enough time with this company. Look at their products - complete fantasy products that never deliver anywhere close to what they promised (if they deliver at all). Look specifically at the Xfyro Aria review - and stay away from this company if you want to not lose your hard earned money. And if you want to avoid headaches and heartaches.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

This the last email I received from the Indiegogo team. I have emailed several times asking for my product to be sent or a refund. No reply to either request. It's been two years since I "funded" the Solartab C charger campaign. FB Indiegogo they are a worthless company and most definitely a scam. "We hope you’ve had a pleasant spring so far. Earlier this spring our fulfillment partners started shipping the first waves of Solartab C units to Indiegogo backers around the globe. We were excited to finally begin shipping, as the products that finished production and we were to receive. Went to quality control in mid-September already, but took a long time getting ready for dispatch, due to delays with cables that were handled in November.

Unfortunately, initial feedback from backers who received their Solartab C unit in the mail was concerning. What backers shared with us via e-mail, comments and messages indicated that too many of the delivered units had missing or malfunctioning features, which were not caught during our quality control. We would like to stress that the delay between quality control and delivery was not due to our choice. We have sent out a form to all backers who have received their Solartab C unit already where they are able to share their impressions in detail with us. This way, we can get the best overview of the situation as possible, so we can understand better what course of action to take next. We also shipped review units to parts of our team and testers. Meanwhile, all fulfillment partners were instructed to put shipping of further waves of units on hold a month ago to try to get an understanding of the issues initial feedback showed us.

We are currently trying to understand what the problems with the units we have received are and looking at ways to remedy them. If you’ve received the form, please fill it out as soon as you can. If you haven’t, dispatch of your unit is currently on hold, and we will update you with news as soon as we have something to share."

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I too was taken in by a campaign On Indiegogo that closed in October 2016 promising shipments the following year. This is for Kia a company that is very it’s located in San Diego or Italy and seems to change locations constantly. After this campaign closed they have started and close another large campaign and currently have a brand new campaign promising shipments in February 2019. Have I got an iceberg to sell you for your backyard. Indiegogo is benefiting from all of these fraudulent campaigns but does nothing to help Backers whatsoever.

In 2017 Indiegogo initiated two new rules. The first was that the companies needed to do monthly updates. CAIA is now in violation and is planning to do one in December to cover November and December. And the other requirements that was added into thousand 17 was that the companies with clearly communicate any delays in their schedule. Again CAIA is completely in violation and all complaints and all emails sent to Indiegogo are referred back to CAIA.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Indiegogo allows scam artists to put fake campaign on their site. They do not do their due diligence in making sure campaign are legitimate. They take their cut and could care less if product ever gets to the consumer. If you'd like to throw your money away back a campaign.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Indiegogo?

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

15 minutes after contributing to what I thought was a great product, I started receiving emails confirming my subscription to hundreds of online services. Within 1 hour I have over 900 spam emails. No response from Indiegogo or the product. Beware, they are using their site to sell your info to spam farms.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

No regards nor protection for the consumers at all. As many users has pointed out this is the platform of choice for scammers. Pretty much risk free for the campaigner of which all will be passed on to the users. In the event that you need to get a refund, the fees will be docked from your payment and not from the campaigner because it is easier for Indiegogo to do so. Though it has to be said that it is in itself a miracle if you were to get a refund. Simply, just stay away from this site. Regards.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

If I could give minus one star I would. At this point, I think Indiegogo are scammers and their campaigns and campaigners bogus. Reading the dissatisfaction of so many people like me who got scammed. I will never be a backer in Indiegogo anything. Don’t trust them to be honest. I have all proof of my payment and promises to deliver. It is a ** company. Do your due diligence IF you can’t help yourself backing a product on this site. You even cannot send a complaint to Indiegogo directly. No response either from campaigners or Indiegogo.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

There should be a class-action lawsuit against Indiegogo for allowing countless people to fall victim to predatory individuals calling themselves “companies” and promising “products” that are never delivered and never refunded. If you submit a concern to Indiegogo they are all talk and no action. They don’t care. Indiegogo is a company of scam artists who make money off smaller scam artists!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

The Ototok Project, owned by Imri **, was totally funded in May 2017 and was supposed to deliver in October 2017. Paran has intermittently posted updates about continuing delays. The last update was in September 2018. Over $57,000 was collected, of which $154 was from me. Paran does not reply to emails or Facebook postings. While I hate to label this a scam, it is looking more like one.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I ordered a pair of the Segway Drift skates on Indiegogo in October. I was promised immediate shipment. It has been 2 months now and never received the skates. Segway does not respond to emails, nor do they return phone calls. Indiegogo does not give refunds. Crowdfunding sites are SCAMS. I'm out $369. Do Not Send Money To Indiegogo.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

The concept is great but their customer service, lack of transparency, and refund policy is abysmal. You have to dig deep to find their refund policy. No doubt, the reason it's buried is because they don't want people to realize their "perk" is a high-risk pre-purchase. I spent over $60 on a Flask coffee maker and extra filters from Alpha Dominche Limited. Then the company went out of business. Indiegogo says they're not responsible for any refunds and to contact the company. Alpha Dominche Limited said, "You may not receive any correspondence for some time while this situation is finalized." Translation: you just flushed your money down the toilet.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Terrible, horrific, abismal, customer service! NEVER AGAIN! STAY AWAY! DO NOT SEND MONEY! Backed two different products in my time working with Indiegogo. I hated every minute of these decisions and wish I never worked with them. I wish I would've looked them up prior to backing products up. I have been waiting for a product that was promised over a year ago. Never again.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I’m out $70 of my hard earned money and wasted time on this platform with the hope of actually receiving product. Inventor of product made promises to deliver but when you are out of refund period and don’t get your product then you get nothing. I do not recommend using Indiegogo at all.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I have placed an order for 1 XFyro Aria Waterproof Earbuds on May 29, 2018, paid 80 US Dollars. My order was promised to be delivered by August 2018. As of now, I have not received my order. After several contacts and emails to the support of Indiegogo. They send me a link to send email to the campaigner's email. I did send several emails to the Indiegogo and the campaigner. As of now 11/23/2018 I have received no answer from either of them. Please do not waste your money and order anything from INDIEGOGO website. It is a scam. They get your money and you receive nothing. This website is a scam and must be investigated for fraud and scam. My order ID with them is ** May 29, 2018 for 80 Dollars for XFyro x Aria waterproof earbuds. These earbuds are also a scam.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Promised delivery in August. No perk, no refund, no response. Shameful operation. Obviously the company that produces this product is selling it all over the internet and in business but not responding to me. Indiegogo promoted them and has some responsibility to its customers and they have washed their hands completely. They do not stand behind their clients. I am shocked that they have not been taken down and sued, BIG SCAMMERS! AVOID.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I paid $6,500 two years ago for an electric bike. While the money was taken out of my account immediately and although they corresponded with me multiple times a day until I paid since then, zero. The bike was supposed to be delivered in May. When May came around they said July (the bike manufacturer) and then August and then September and now nothing. I can’t get a hold of the manufacturer or Indiegogo.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

It has taken 2 years to get a refund for my MATE S ebike after it failed to meet the specs advertised. It is a substandard product but that does not even begin to describe the experience with this amateur company. They are incredibly incompetent and arrogant. Even now they are trying to make me pay $30 for their own bank charges. The bike is heavy, cheap generic Chinese factory bike, does not meet the claims about distance and battery life, poor build quality. Don't encourage these people - marketing specialists posing as bike enthusiasts.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

Expected delivery July 2018 - November 3 Nothing - My Order ID is **. Contributed May 2018. Indiegogo is not concerned or interested if you ever get anything delivered. Most campaigns wait until credit card refund options have expired, so they are free then to just ignore you. My emails to support@mobvoi.com seem to be automatic with no specific details.

"The parcel is under export clearance, and will be released on 2nd November. Please kindly wait patiently. You may contact local post/delivery agent to confirm the current status and delivery schedule. As the parcel is already sent out we may not change the shipping address. You can contact with them and ask them to send it to your daughter's premises. If the logistics website saying the parcel was delivered but you haven't received actually, please claim for lost at the local delivery agent and provide us a claim number from them, we will follow up. As always, thank you for supporting Mobvoi. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again. In order to serve you better please participate in the survey below: ** ."

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I funded a campaign two years ago through this company and since then have ceased to receive any information... They kept putting me off and putting me off sending us emails that were all just junk... Lying and lying... This company is only a great way for people to be able to steal your hard earned money. I will never find any campaigns again through them because of this! Campaign I funded costs $300 and I’m sure I’ll never see that or the product ever... Do yourself a favor. Save your hard earned money and don’t trust them. They are non-trustworthy unaccredited company!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Don't ever start a campaign on Indiegogo. We started a crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo, a campaign that was in accordance with their terms and conditions. We collected more than 100% of the goal. One day, without any prior notice, all the money returned to the donors. The customer service is of no use, you get only standard responses. It's not a reliable platform, without clear rules and terms, without a working communication department, without a normal customer service.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I wouldn't give Indiegogo any stars if I could. I am out over $800.00 for a bicycle that never came to be. The campaign never delivered and the campaigner walked away with money from many individuals. Indiegogo 'earned' commissions in spite of no products being delivered to backers. They take zero responsibility whether backers get their products or not. Contacted them many times and no help, no refund. Read their agreements carefully. I would never back crowd funding again.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I purchased a Travis pocket translator. Or as Indiegogo says "I supported a campaign". No product, No refund. What a ripoff. Maybe you would be better off to buy products from an online retailer. My experience says so.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

Beware of Indiegogo, they do not care whether campaigns using their platform are trustworthy. I invested in ritot projector watch about 5 yrs ago. And even now the creators haven't come close to making anything. They put out announcements explaining what they will do but never show any actual product. When you complain to Indiegogo they say they are pleased the campaign is communicating with backers. IndieGoGo are willfully blind to scams on their platform.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Before purchasing anything from Indiegogo, you need to realize that they take zero responsibility for the campaigns on their site. They can't guarantee that you'll ever receive what you order, so there's no accountability. I contributed to the GoBout campaign in August 2017. It sounded like a good way to keep all your lotions/liquids/shampoo/etc. in one handy dispenser. It wasn't cheap, but it seemed worth the price. At that time, the product was promised to be delivered in early December of 2017. I finally received the product in May 2018, more than five months later than promised. It didn't work. The creator then posted that the dispensers in the product didn't work with lotions, shampoos, conditioners, etc. (which is exactly what the product was supposed to be designed for), so they were redesigning and promised a version that would actually work.

It is now October 2018, more than a year after I placed my order, and I still haven't received a working product. It sounds like most people who placed orders never received anything (I guess they stopped shipping the failed version). The creator of this product is absolutely terrible at communicating, and Indiegogo provides zero support. When contacted, they only say that they are not responsible for making sure that products are actually delivered. They tell you to contact the seller, which isn't at all useful when the seller never responds. I'm never backing another Indiegogo product again, and I recommend proceeding with caution if you're considering doing so.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Supposed to ship on Jul 2018, but, no shipment. Indiegogo don't accept refund. Consigner said goods ready on 12 Sep, but, finally out of order. Again, no refund allowed. Ticwatch asked me to wait the good receive, then, return, then I can get refund. But, I receive nothing. Ticwatch said the refund is possible if Indiegogo resume refund icon. But, Indiegogo reject. Both of them are pushing the balls. Shamed to them.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I am participating in what now seems to be a 1 million dollar scam, the N-Tech 4k projector project. Every time this project is missing its projected finishing- and delivery dates, now even the times set by Indiegogo where project owners are expected to give updates to their backers, Indiegogo's reply is: "Thanks for writing in, and I’m sorry for the frustrating experience. Perks are offers made and managed solely by campaigners. Indiegogo does not guarantee that campaigns will succeed or that perks will be delivered. However, campaigners are expected to be communicative and responsive to their backers."

This is 1 million dollar **, made possible by Indiegogo. A warning to all who want to support projects, there is no buyer protection whatsoever on Indiegogo. There is even no support at all besides pre-cooked answers, everyone just gets the same answer over and over, whatever question you ask. I got the same pre-cooked copy/paste from several employees now, and they are not even addressing the questions asked. What a disgusting company.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I have contributed in eye-smart case for iPhone on May 2017 and the company promised to deliver product on September 2017. From April 2017 till now they just update every now and then, we are trying to figure out a production company in China. I have contacted several time with Indiegogo and the company but they will not refund my money and always answer me the same thing. No refund. I have lost 250 Euro for this project. Is there any way that we can shot down this scam platform? Indiegogo?

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I have ordered a smart wallet from the Indiegogo company since December of the last year. It been 9 months and still haven't received my order yet, this is just scam, never order from them. They are terrible. Don't let them steal money... Scam, Scam.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

They have awful customer service. No phone number or call possible! Just emailing through their system and sometimes it gets 7 days to get back to you. And they just send you automatic answers from their FAQ rather than helping you specifically. Not good at all for a 21st century tech company. They have super inconvenient way of releasing fund to non-profits. They ask you to enter personal Social Security Number of a person in charge at the organization. Not convenient at all and not legitimate. They say they want that info to verify the legitimacy of the organization even if the name of that person is not associated with the bank account of the organization. With all the identity theft going on, it’s almost impossible to convince someone to put their SSN in their system while it’s not necessary. They can easily verify a non-profit’s legitimacy by their EIN number and bank account info.

Indiegogo Company Information