2. Finance
  3. Crowdfunding Sites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.07/5

Indiegogo Reviews

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

I purchased a Ratan bike, in November of 2019, I paid in full on December 19 2019 and informed that I would receive delivery in January, I have not received my bike and am not able to reach email or call either Ratan or Indiegogo, I also purchased a NeoRhythm device. It worked for two days and stopped working. I again tried to email call both NeoRhythm and Indiegogo and had the same results. Consumers be aware. These companies are scamming the general public

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I order a Volterman Smart Wallet 2 years ago. Still have not received the item or any updates for that matter. Nothing on Facebook or Indiegogo as far as updates. This is a scam. Do not become a backer. You will regret it.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

"WARNING!" Indiegogo is a scam, do not participate in any of their advertised campaigns. Indiegogo do not check all of their campaign participants' background if they are a legit, active and legal. They only strategically make excuses about their participant campaigns, fraud and criminal activity. Any moron can create a website for entrepreneurs to sell their wares, but without Indiegogo and all of their participant campaigns taking ANY ACCOUNTABILITY.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

What a total scam this company is. I got scammed out of a lot of money by a company through their website, and they refuse to take any responsibility in it although the scamming company did violate several of Indiegogo's 'legal obligations' and falsified their address data (it seemed from Indiegogo that this was an American company, when in fact it was Chinese).

For example: Indiegogo states that the company should provide backers with regular updates (at least once a month) and is not allowed to sell the product elsewhere before all backers have received their perks. However, it has been an average of about 3 months per message from the company in this case, often containing little to no useful information. Also, the product they were advertising through Indiegogo is now widely available in several Asian countries, whilst most of the backers have received nothing.

You could say this is a gross violation of rules and this company should not be allowed to take the backers money, but Indiegogo does not give one ** about this and just says that the dispute should be settled with the company itself (who of course does not reply). Apparently all those supposed rules and regulations are there just to create a false sense of trust and not to actually protect backers on the platform, which means you have absolutely no guarantee that you aren't sending your money straight into some scammer's pockets.

TLDR: do NOT back anything here! There are a lot of scammers on this platform and no regulations are in place whatsoever to counter this. Indiegogo does not take responsibility if you lose your money, even if the company which took it grossly violates Indiegogo's own so called 'legal obligations'. Thus, chances are that you are just financing a big scam and you have no way of knowing it.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

I have backed 3 items from this Indiegogo website and not received a thing, they won't even reply. I have lost over $1'000 thinking I was supporting a good start up and getting a good product back in return, sadly I like most others have found out the hard way, They take your money and you get nothing back. This website is nothing more than a platform for any scammer who wants to rip the public off, even after Indiegogo know people are being ripped off they do nothing.

I am not sure where the company is registered, maybe the USA, sadly you can do nothing about it, they know their way around the system and sadly the authorities do nothing. Idiegogo are supporting people who are stealing millions of dollars, and false advertising. It's crazy how this can be allowed to still go on... Be Warned, do your reading up on them and start up websites like these before you part with your money, most are mainly scammers, and it sure looks like you can do nothing about it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Indiegogo?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

Indiegogo allow companies to scam everybody through his web. Already two companies making business in his web. After buy his product don't send nothing to me and indiegogo refuses to investigate the companies. Don't buy there unless you want to lose your money.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

Fraud company 100%. They should ban it from online advertising, I have paid them for an item they never delivered and when I asked for refund they denied it. If I can score less than 0 I would love to.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

After two contributions to successful campaigns on Indiegogo it happened that I funded a fraudulent campaign on their platform. Why fraudulent? The perk never arrived, the campaign owners were not responsive and even their website seized to exist shortly after the promised delivery date. Then another brand filed a copyright lawsuit and then finally Indiegogo stopped this scam. Now I'm interested of course to get my contribution back (roughly 180$). So I reached out to Indiegogo, no positive response, even though they admitted that the campaign was violating their own TOS. However there are even Facebook groups where other backers of the same campaign received immediate refunds from Indiegogo.

So my questions:

1. Why is Indiegogo not refunding proactively the scammed backers of a fraudulent campaign?

2. Why is Indiegogo refunding some backers that wrote to them and denied other backers that reached the refund for no reason?

It seems to me that Indiegogo likes to keep money that they received from backers and don't have to transfer to the stopped campaign. Very shady and unacceptable! Luckily I've law insurance and my lawyer will take over from here. This is to warn everybody to stay away from that platform. Customer Centricity looks different!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

I sent payment for a solar charger, then kept getting excuses why it was not shipped. I filled out all their questionnaires multiple times with zero satisfaction or refund. then I wasted even more time asking about a refund and every inquiry was met with another lame excuse--until I gave it up as a complete loss and waste of time trying for resolution. this was a labyrinth of excuses and always blaming some other party and now they have the nerve to send me more promotional literature. Sincerely.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

I contributed on 4 projects. Luckily 2 of them were ship. The other 2 never come. I have been waiting for 7 months. Unobrush still develop to design their product and they are late 7 months and still being late for at least another few months. Fat freezing has opened another project a few months ago and still hasn’t shipped a lots of order. Then fat freezing ask customers to complete a survey to confirm the address and information for them so they can ship the product. However the survey is about their product experience! What a fake company. Ask Indiegogo for help but never received reply from them. Their policy is: “With a fixed funding campaign, you only keep the funds you raise if you meet your funding goal. If your campaign does not meet its goal by its deadline, all your backers will be refunded by Indiegogo within 5-7 business days.” But they never do like their policy.

Indiegogo Company Information