2.51/5

Need a home alarm?

Need a home alarm?

Indiegogo Reviews

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

Ordered the wicked ball for my kitty in mid August. First I got notification that the product will be shipped in September, then I got an email saying shipping will start in Oct. I hope that if I receive it by Christmas my cat will be overjoyed! I sent them 2 emails and no response. Learned a lesson.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

I’ve purchased a few items from this site and while I believe it offers a good system to future entrepreneurs, I have contributed to people who never come through with a product, nor communicate and Indiegogo does nothing. I’ve communicated with indiegogo about this situation and they’ve told me to seek legal action. One of their requirements is the producers are to communicate regularly and yet if this doesn’t happen, indiegogo does nothing. So I’m supposed to hire a lawyer over a $60 product. I will not contribute to this site again. I’ve contributed several times successfully but have been scammed 3 times now. I’m not out a lot of money and i do have some amazing things. Kickstarter is a much better site as they have better control over their future entrepreneurs.

Get expert buying tips about Crowdfunding Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

Indiegogo is a crowdfunding website that facilitates a relationship between people and creators. It provides a method for the public to donate money to a creator in exchange for a 'Perk'. The Perks are normally a product of some sort. My experience with Indiegogo has been entirely with comic book creators. All of these experiences have been good. Making a donation is very easy and they allow for a quick refund for a few days if you feel like you made a mistake. They organize the campaigns you donate to well and allow you to mark favorites for later. All of your information can be saved and you can choose if you want to reveal your name or make your donations anonymously.

The biggest problem with the site is how it organizes the different campaigns. It's difficult to search for similar items that you might be interested in, even though they have categories for different products. Sometimes I would have missed some great books if I had not heard about them from other sources. Indiegogo does everything that Kickstarter does but does it a little better. It is a good middle man between you and a creator. It allows creators to give people multiple levels of perks and even keep a store open to sell a product once the campaign is over. They are constantly tweaking the site to make the overall experience better. I'd recommend Indiegogo if you are looking to support a creative person and take a shot at getting something amazing. It's worked out very well for me so far.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

I was ignorant to what I tried to buy, my bad, but now much wiser. The slick marketing will lure you in so beware. They stole my money and I’m empty handed... Way too bad, stay away. I ordered “Ice Made Clear” and after paying for my product in July 2018 and I received monthly updates with an additional update when I responded to an update with a question and now today after last month’s update saying one more month and when I again inquired today over a month since promised all were going out I then received a reply of my that the email address is no longer monitored... Shameful business practice to say the least.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

No matter what, you won’t get a response from Indiegogo. They accept your money, facilitate false promises by vendors and then refuse to be contacted. HUB wireless East buds are just as bad. Delivery date Jan 2019. Now late Sep. All attempts to contact them ignored. Looks more like a orchestrated fraud than a legitimate operation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Indiegogo?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

This company has been proven responsible for the theft of hundreds of thousands of dollars from backers, yet they do nothing to recoup that money for those backers. They lied when they said they had recruited debt recovery agents and they lied more by then double-backing and stating campaign backing does not guarantee a product. They have since changed their terms and conditions so they cannot be held liable for any infringement in future, but they have already committed the fraud / theft. These crooks need to be put away.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

It is a platform to make life easier for scammers. They get the share from the money you invest on the perks and they don't held the companies accountable, don't accept responsibilities and they left you at your own device when the perk the perk never arrives.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

This is a company of Liars.. It's been over a year with one lie after another about the LUMZAG baggage. They have never been honest and run as fast as you can and never ever ever buy anything from this company.. They will never deliver the $800 spent on this baggage..which was guaranteed by staff by Dec 1, 2018.. Nine months later and nothing but a photo of some old stock.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

Hello, I am a small business owner. I heard about Indiegogo from a book I read that would be best for businesses trying to get some extra capital for a small business. I created my campaign and provided all credible material/documentation. My campaign went great for a week and even received some donations. I had a friend who wanted to donate and when they tried to use the link it showed my account was "under review". I felt that was odd considering I didn't put up anything controversial on inappropriate. I waited until the next business day to see if any email or notices would be provided for me.

I went to login the following day and it said I couldn't login. I went to go reset my password and it stated my email didn't exist in their system. My account was completely deleted and the funds that were donated were taken by Indiegogo. I reached out to the support team now officially 3 times and have gotten ZERO responses. If you ask me this unprofessional, disrespectful, unforgivable from a company like this let alone any company that performs like that.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

I have ordered the product on Indiegogo, which is also similar to Kickstarter. I have been waiting over several months to get the item. but no status, no updates at all. I sent messages after messages, and still no reply no action. nothing. There are a lot of negative comments on the page itself and on YouTube!! of people never actually getting the product that they paid for!! I called my credit card company and place a chargeback. I WILL NEVER EVER ORDER FROM INDIEGOGO OR KICKSTARTER. Best thing you can do is wait for the product to go mainstream and sell on Amazon.com so you can research and read reviews!!

Indiegogo expert review by Rose Spinelli

Indiegogo, which started in 2008, was the first crowdfunding platform to hit the Internet. It has had a global reach from its onset, with people in at least 224 countries and territories now creating campaigns. Potential donors choose from categories that include writing, politics, small business, comic and animals, as well as an extensive list of subcategories.

• Small businesses: This crowdfunding platform helps businesses get started or expand on existing project ideas. It uses rewards, sometimes tangible but not always, to motivate donors.

• Specialized campaigns: Indiegogo’s Partner Page allows approved campaigns to raise tax-deductible funds and campaigns for beneficiaries, such as charity, with that charity’s approval. Indiegogo Life allows fundraising for personal causes, such as medical emergencies and paying for a wedding. Indiegogo Generosity is their no-fee platform for worthy causes. Indiegogo On Demand allows successful campaigns to continue to raise funds beyond the life of the original campaign.

• Fees: Indiegogo takes 5 percent of each donation. Third-party processors such as PayPal and Stripe charge additional fees. Occasionally contributors may be charged additional international processing fees.

• Fixed and flexible funding: Users choose whether they want their donors to get their money back if a campaign doesn't meet its fundraising goal or to keep it regardless of whether the goal is met or not.

• Customer support: Indiegogo promises responses within 24 hours of filling out its online contact form.

• Gogofactor: Indiegogo employs an algorithm that helps campaigns achieve greater visibility. The site offers a series of tips to help campaigners boost their Gogofactor, ensuring those who care about their project have a better chance of finding them.

• Best for: Indiegogo suits individuals with personal funding needs, social impact campaigners funding causes, businesses looking to launch or grow and creative types working on an artistic project.

Profile picture of Rose Spinelli
      Rose Spinelli Crowdfunding Contributing Editor

Rose Spinelli, founder of The CrowdFundamentals, is an internationally recognized crowdfunding specialist, mentor, trainer and writer. In 2014, she was voted one of the 100 Most Influential Thoughtful Leaders in Crowdfunding. Rose is the author of one of the first online crowdfunding courses called “Working the Crowd: Know the Fundamentals,” and she has served on a board of directors for the CrowdFunding Professional Association.

Indiegogo Company Information