3.7/5 (424 ratings)

About Indiegogo

Indiegogo Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Indiegogo?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Indiegogo?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

Backer delivery was promised June 2022, then July 2022, then September 2022, now February 2023. Launch was April 2022 and total funds achieved before May 7th. 500-600k. My opinion is that they are selling their product to other distributors to build their company prior to filling the backers' orders that originally fronted the business. This is common of any company but the problem with LUUP Cube is they were not transparent with their company backers and leading them on that they will eventually make enough money to fulfill the backers' original orders. But this could be years from now September 2022. If they were transparent with the money backers, this would be fine but they are not transparent.

Each month has been a longer delay. I asked for a refund and they did not respond. $4.8k, two bikes. The only way I got a refund was to state that I was going to file a complaint with the FTC on the Indiegogo discussion board, which is where all the backers communicate to LUUP Cube campaign owner. Immediately after that post I received emails that I was getting my refund. But then they posted slander on the Indiegogo discussion board that I was not a backer. Which I was, until they removed me with my refund. Then they decided to send me an email about how they were going to charge me twice the amount for the battery for the bike they sent me.

I've sent them multiple emails to ask where they would like to me to return the battery but they will not respond. I did receive my refund but it was very harsh on the backer breakup. If I could've had an honest response from them, I would've probably stuck with the company on their promise. But it became a bitter consumer relationship and I was happy to be out.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

Steer Clear of Indiegogo.

$942 on "Avarax-E - Self-Cleaning & Most Affordable E-bike"
$119 on "SND RAY - The Best HiFi Bone Conduction Sunglasses"

$331 on "LEAF Mask, World's first FDA, UV-C N99, Clear mask"

NOTHING RECEIVED, no products, no refunds, just a lot of hassle. I've tried with their customer service and I even reported the E-bike transaction as fraud because Indiegogo was promoting the product as the company was failing and posting bogus photos and updates. NOTHING. Overall, I blame myself for going back to them after never receiving the LEAF masks during the pandemic. Another scam Indiegogo funded. Keep in mind, I have funded and received other products from other platforms that can not be mentioned by name, but with no issues other than manufacture delays.

One project was actually refunded to me on another platform after 2-years trying to bring their product to market. Indiegogo does not look out for their funders, they have only their bottom line in mind and they do NOT do their due diligence in establishing a campaign. I will never use them again and will tell the world to avoid this company that simply cheats customers out of their money while standing behind their legal documents stating that your "contribution" is not an agreement to purchase. I understand, but to have the same experience over and over again while having the complete opposite experience on other platforms is inexcusable.

Get buying tips about Crowdfunding Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

I spent $1,000 on an E-Bike. Over 2 yrs, still havnt shipped and they will not give a refund. I hope Indiegogo goes bankrupt & refunds everyone first. They should not be allowed to operate these scams.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2022

Indiegogo does not care about helping companies get funded to deliver legitimate products. They only care about taking their percentage and put very vague language in their terms of service to ensure they are not liable for any money they take from consumers if the campaign is not fulfilled. I backed a campaign in early 2020 that promised delivery by end of year and in 2022 they still have no delivered. There are hundreds of backers in my position and we are currently in a lawsuit to get our money back. However, Indiegogo continues to ignore our responses or tell us "sorry for the inconvenience". DO NOT use this platform even if you really like the campaign as this is an easy way to lose your money.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

The Customer support for a failed project is non-existent. I was cheated out of my money here - not by the project but by the platform Inselgruppe, which simply does not give me a refund that I am entitled to.

Original review: June 27, 2022

I backed two items on Indiegogo and got ripped off twice. They claim it is protected but that is a lie. The campaigner sends out a fake tracking number that never arrives and then indiegogo claim they can't help because the item has been sent. I bet you any money that they are in it together and get kick backs. It is a total rip off. I don't understand how they are still getting away with it.

Original review: June 6, 2022

They delayed and delayed the product even though they are from design to release once you pass the 3 month of payment received they stopped all communication. How this is allowed in this day is beyond me.

Original review: May 17, 2022

I ordered CryoTone and some creams, the Campaign owner is AVI **. I did not finalize my order and was requesting for a refund. They told me to wait for 60 days and I just found out that they have to delay me so that I cannot dispute and they can steal my money. They also sent me fake tracking number and claimed that they sent the item. That company is a liar and Indiegogo is the site that will introduce you to scammer. BEWARE of Indiegogo. Do not trust good reviews, they can pay anyone to write good review. Beware!!!

Original review: May 16, 2022

Scam, scam, scam, buyer beware: Indiegogo does nothing but take fees and will not assist when scammed. I have been scammed on Indiegogo for a significant fee and they just don't care. I would avoid Indiegogo at all costs otherwise your hard-earned money will end up with a scammer and all they say is contact them, well when someone has scammed you, I don't think they want to converse with you!!!!

Original review: April 25, 2022

Scam site and advise to avoid at all costs. I have funded 5 projects on Indiegogo and have only received 1. I have contacted the fundraiser for refund but they will never agree as who knows what have they done with the funds. I contacted Indiegogo customer service afterwards but was simply pushed back that it is not their problem.

Indiegogo author review by Rose Spinelli

Indiegogo, which started in 2008, was the first crowdfunding platform to hit the Internet. It has had a global reach from its onset, with people in at least 224 countries and territories now creating campaigns. Potential donors choose from categories that include writing, politics, small business, comic and animals, as well as an extensive list of subcategories.

• Small businesses: This crowdfunding platform helps businesses get started or expand on existing project ideas. It uses rewards, sometimes tangible but not always, to motivate donors.

• Specialized campaigns: Indiegogo’s Partner Page allows approved campaigns to raise tax-deductible funds and campaigns for beneficiaries, such as charity, with that charity’s approval. Indiegogo Life allows fundraising for personal causes, such as medical emergencies and paying for a wedding. Indiegogo Generosity is their no-fee platform for worthy causes. Indiegogo On Demand allows successful campaigns to continue to raise funds beyond the life of the original campaign.

• Fees: Indiegogo takes 5 percent of each donation. Third-party processors such as PayPal and Stripe charge additional fees. Occasionally contributors may be charged additional international processing fees.

• Fixed and flexible funding: Users choose whether they want their donors to get their money back if a campaign doesn't meet its fundraising goal or to keep it regardless of whether the goal is met or not.

• Customer support: Indiegogo promises responses within 24 hours of filling out its online contact form.

• Gogofactor: Indiegogo employs an algorithm that helps campaigns achieve greater visibility. The site offers a series of tips to help campaigners boost their Gogofactor, ensuring those who care about their project have a better chance of finding them.

by Rose Spinelli Crowdfunding Advisor

Rose Spinelli, founder of The CrowdFundamentals, is an internationally recognized crowdfunding specialist, mentor, trainer and writer. In 2014, she was voted one of the 100 Most Influential Thoughtful Leaders in Crowdfunding. Rose is the author of one of the first online crowdfunding courses called “Working the Crowd: Know the Fundamentals,” and she has served on a board of directors for the CrowdFunding Professional Association.

Indiegogo Company Information