2. Finance
  3. Crowdfunding Sites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.04/5

Indiegogo Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Indiegogo?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Indiegogo?

Original review: July 31, 2020

Don't even think about ordering anything from Indiegogo. I ordered something in early Nov 19. Just got it last week - Jul 20. They have no phone numbers. Their communications are all one way - from them to you, and it's always artificially 'happy' news. (I guess from their point of view - they already have your money and haven't delivered what you ordered!) Forget this outfit. Will never, ever use them again.

Original review: July 31, 2020

Please do not buy any product from Indiegogo website or invest any money. These people are totally scam and scam. They are fraud, I have ordered the Volterman wallet in year 2018 and until now they did not delivered to me and many others.

Get buying tips about Crowdfunding Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 18, 2020

I realize this campaign has run for a while but we (as in all of the backers) have been in touch constantly and inquiring about getting this final product for 3 YEARS. Normally, there is a refund after a year of waiting but not with this. We were promised over and over that this different stages were reached but then many months would go by with no update. Eventually, even after everyone demanded refunds many times, the creator stopped responding altogether. We have all continued to seek answers but the other night I looked up the name Nurugo out of curiosity and the final product for Android is FINISHED and available on several sites including Amazon. That means backers were never updated and never received what they paid for to get the product off the ground. Now the company is making money off our backs and off new customers. It's disgusting.

We are told to contact the creator but they have stopped communication with any of us well over a year ago. There is nowhere to go but to Indiegogo itself and they say it's up to the creator. Normally, it's been a great experience but this one has soured me to everything on the site. Now there feels like there is absolutely no safety net on getting anything I pay for and that defeats the purpose of backing projects. Be careful what you back. Here is a link to the sham I lost money on: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/nurugo-smartuv-a-uv-camera-for-smartphones/x/14153336#/ and you can find it on several sites including amazon for about $250 but only for androids. They offered it for iphones as well, which is what I paid for, but when that didn't get accomplished. That's when they disappeared. They never delivered on either, however.

Original review: July 3, 2020

Indiegogo is not reliable and do not care if some project raises millions without ever delivering anything.. Checkout TWS earbuds campaign and look at comments section. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/songx-tws-earbuds-sleek-design-great-sound/x/22735030#/. I am never supporting this company and losing money again. Blatant ignorance of fraudulent campaigns and support is useless.

Original review: June 9, 2020

This bicycle is not by far what they are saying. To start it is no engineer in Switzerland, is just a brand change from a bicycle made and design in China (read review in Reddit and Video in Youtube). The brakes, pedals are not the ones offered in the web page. There's no HUB inside the bicycle, that means no gears or pedal assist. It weighs more than 12 KG. I had my first experience with one that did not work, motor and lights malfunction. They sent me a second one after loads of emails and the second one does not even star up the Motor. I have had no feedback from the company and no replies. It's a fraud just to get you money and Indiegogo is doing nothing about it.

Original review: June 9, 2020

I received a second bike from UNITED CITY BIKES, the first one did not work. The second bike does NOT work either. I have sent several emails to INDIEGOGO and UNITED CITY bikes with no reply. I have published a video with the malfunction of the bike, you can also read reviews from other customers in reddit. The bike is still being announced on INDIEGOGO and they just don't care. It's all about the money and not about making people get things finance in an honest way. Be careful with this, there's no guarantees, and there's nothing you can do. Can anybody help me? A year has gone and 1500 euros.

Original review: May 29, 2020

Purchased a Reviv in 8-2019 and they have collected over a million dollars and have not sent the blankets out in almost 2 years and Indiegogo still allows them to commit FRAUD on their site and steal people's money. Do NOT trust this site to care one bit about whether you are robbed or not. They will do NOTHING. Neither will the FTC. Legal THEFT and you get taken.

Original review: May 11, 2020

I took part in one of the campaigns and became worried as it’s taking too long for the item to be shipped. Updates are provided but are vague and brief. Comments from other backers are generally negative. Thus I have reached out to Indiegogo for assistance, all they could say is that they could only encourage campaigners to provide regular updates, they will not be able to provide a refund and suggested that I could seek legal advice for it. All these while the campaigner continue to falsely advertise itself on indiegogo,

Original review: April 27, 2020

This Alex ** & "Team" Are completely CON ARTIST! Beware with all advertising and promotion they offered to support and backing up their project. Almost 700000 been raised with 1500 plus backers supporting this project since 2016. I paid them around $750 at that time approx Sept-Oct 2016 and still have not receive anything by now. Sent many emails prob more than 20 times, only around 5 times replied with similar answer saying in progress, moving forward with little supplier issues. Problems by problems start to raise but Alex convinced us that they are moving forward and the production will start next month. Every update said "Next month" but it never happen. There is no backup or protection by Indiegogo as company who provide this program.

I emailed Indegogo to cancel or ask for refund, but the refund only can be given few months after you paid, then all risk will be on us. If we decide to be a backer, then we have to be ready to lose the money completely because no protection and also lots of scammer out there know the system and will do the same thing to scam you! Beware and don't trust this company or even anyone who offer you to back up their project.

Original review: April 25, 2020

I ordered wireless charger in 24 April 2018 and I never received it. I paid $278.00 Order ID **. I really disappoint and I don't recommending with this company selling/buying product. First time I really hope that product will come but I never received it. Please don't give any money in this company.

Indiegogo author review by Rose Spinelli

Indiegogo, which started in 2008, was the first crowdfunding platform to hit the Internet. It has had a global reach from its onset, with people in at least 224 countries and territories now creating campaigns. Potential donors choose from categories that include writing, politics, small business, comic and animals, as well as an extensive list of subcategories.

• Small businesses: This crowdfunding platform helps businesses get started or expand on existing project ideas. It uses rewards, sometimes tangible but not always, to motivate donors.

• Specialized campaigns: Indiegogo’s Partner Page allows approved campaigns to raise tax-deductible funds and campaigns for beneficiaries, such as charity, with that charity’s approval. Indiegogo Life allows fundraising for personal causes, such as medical emergencies and paying for a wedding. Indiegogo Generosity is their no-fee platform for worthy causes. Indiegogo On Demand allows successful campaigns to continue to raise funds beyond the life of the original campaign.

• Fees: Indiegogo takes 5 percent of each donation. Third-party processors such as PayPal and Stripe charge additional fees. Occasionally contributors may be charged additional international processing fees.

• Fixed and flexible funding: Users choose whether they want their donors to get their money back if a campaign doesn't meet its fundraising goal or to keep it regardless of whether the goal is met or not.

• Customer support: Indiegogo promises responses within 24 hours of filling out its online contact form.

• Gogofactor: Indiegogo employs an algorithm that helps campaigns achieve greater visibility. The site offers a series of tips to help campaigners boost their Gogofactor, ensuring those who care about their project have a better chance of finding them.

by Rose Spinelli Crowdfunding Contributing Editor

Rose Spinelli, founder of The CrowdFundamentals, is an internationally recognized crowdfunding specialist, mentor, trainer and writer. In 2014, she was voted one of the 100 Most Influential Thoughtful Leaders in Crowdfunding. Rose is the author of one of the first online crowdfunding courses called “Working the Crowd: Know the Fundamentals,” and she has served on a board of directors for the CrowdFunding Professional Association.

Indiegogo Company Information