3.5/5 (195 ratings)

About Indiegogo

Indiegogo Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Indiegogo?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Indiegogo?

Original review: April 25, 2022

Scam site and advise to avoid at all costs. I have funded 5 projects on Indiegogo and have only received 1. I have contacted the fundraiser for refund but they will never agree as who knows what have they done with the funds. I contacted Indiegogo customer service afterwards but was simply pushed back that it is not their problem.

Original review: April 20, 2022

I backed a campaign and it was delayed and delayed then Indiegogo suspended the campaign and then everything went quiet. No contact from the campaigner. Indiegogo is refusing to refund the money, which I understand has not been passed onto the campaigner and now they are refusing to contact me. AVOID this company at all costs.

Get buying tips about Crowdfunding Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 18, 2022

Indiegogo is a scam website! I have backed a total of 4 projects since 2018 and only received one of the 4 products. The other projects are either "unavailable" or simply show no updates other than the countless comments by users whose money was stolen. I backed the Wunder30 campaign which was supposed to be delivered in 2018 to only get a "Sorry COVID happened, so we are not able to fulfill your order". That's after they collected over $900,000. I wonder how they are not being sued for the millions of dollars they have stolen from people in all those years.

Original review: March 10, 2022

Me and another 200 people are bakers on a campaign that was a scam and we lost thousands of euro. Indiegogo is not replying to our messages and of course we never got anything. The company XTechnologies that started the campaign on IndieGoGo is a big fake. I strongly believe that Indiegogo should be reported to International Cybercrime Organization and should face the sentences for illegal activities. To all victims: you should ALL report immediately to your local Visa/Mastercard department Indiegogo for stealing money using fake campaigns, and also the company should be reported by you to any authorities are involved for those actions.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2022

The Indiegogo credit is lousy at best. I had to contact them about the over the limit option that costs a monthly fee. It wouldn't let me go over not even $5. So I cancelled the over-the-limit option, They seemed disturbed that I didn't want it anymore and asked why. I told them if you can't go over the limit then it just doesn't work. So then I asked can I get my limit increased. They said no!??! Uh? They said to increase limit I have to pay on time. But I did always pay on time and much more than the min. payment. And I told them ALL of my other credit cards gave me credit increases and 2 of them multiple times. They said I have to pay on time that is is the only way to get a increase with them. So I simply said, "Okay I would like to pay off and close this account." They seemed offended and asked is there any way they can change my mind. Are these people for real?!!! Never have I ever dealt with such idiocracy.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

Redcliffe Health and its owners have been documented repeatedly as scammers but Indiegogo took another campaign from them. They refused to refund our money and said we had to get refunded through Redcliffe. Redcliffe refused to refund because we had gone through Indiegogo. Now we all have had to file claims in bankruptcy court to get our money back. I would never use Indiegogo again and I would never recommend it to anyone. I would give this company negative stars if it was possible.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

Contributed to Air Pix campaign and after almost 3 years no word from Indiegogo or Air Pix regarding what happened. Indiegogo claims they gave the company the money already so can't help us. It seems it was a scam from the beginning with no protection for contributors.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2022

Once you give your money to Indiegogo (IGG), you kiss it goodbye. I just found out that I have been scammed for the third time on this platform, and IGG won't lift a finger to help. Worse, they always make money. The two most recent (and last) scams that I was robbed by was Micro Drone 4 (Vernon Kerswell was the campaigner: GigaDrive, Xianglin Chen “Founder, Intricate & Detailed Thinker”- really, he wrote this garbage!). Anyway, money taken, then ghosted. Indiegogo with all their hype of safety, protection, trust, etc., etc., etc., they took their cut and ran with it. So, be wise, save your time and money, just skip IGG and buy from Amazon.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

I was enticed to "buy" a lighted cycling helmet through Indiegogo in June 2020. The company has been stalling since that time and dozens of people have been put off by all sorts of excuses. Recently the company LIVEALL-supposedly responsible for the helmet production produced a message the U.S. post office had refused to deliver the products and returned them to a U.S. receiving port, but no tracking was evident. Then the company stated the helmets were still in China with more excuses about further delays. DO NOT TRUST THIS WEBSITE!!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

I bought a scooter from the Aktivo company on the Indiegogo website (in November 2018) and I didn't have the product! I and hundreds of other buyers were victims of a scam of Aktivo and Indiegogo does nothing! And Indiegogo has been ZERO HELP in resolving this matter. The company Aktivo is still out there selling new product via other channels. I will never support an Indiegogo campaign again.

Indiegogo author review by Rose Spinelli

Indiegogo, which started in 2008, was the first crowdfunding platform to hit the Internet. It has had a global reach from its onset, with people in at least 224 countries and territories now creating campaigns. Potential donors choose from categories that include writing, politics, small business, comic and animals, as well as an extensive list of subcategories.

• Small businesses: This crowdfunding platform helps businesses get started or expand on existing project ideas. It uses rewards, sometimes tangible but not always, to motivate donors.

• Specialized campaigns: Indiegogo’s Partner Page allows approved campaigns to raise tax-deductible funds and campaigns for beneficiaries, such as charity, with that charity’s approval. Indiegogo Life allows fundraising for personal causes, such as medical emergencies and paying for a wedding. Indiegogo Generosity is their no-fee platform for worthy causes. Indiegogo On Demand allows successful campaigns to continue to raise funds beyond the life of the original campaign.

• Fees: Indiegogo takes 5 percent of each donation. Third-party processors such as PayPal and Stripe charge additional fees. Occasionally contributors may be charged additional international processing fees.

• Fixed and flexible funding: Users choose whether they want their donors to get their money back if a campaign doesn't meet its fundraising goal or to keep it regardless of whether the goal is met or not.

• Customer support: Indiegogo promises responses within 24 hours of filling out its online contact form.

• Gogofactor: Indiegogo employs an algorithm that helps campaigns achieve greater visibility. The site offers a series of tips to help campaigners boost their Gogofactor, ensuring those who care about their project have a better chance of finding them.

by Rose Spinelli Crowdfunding Advisor

Rose Spinelli, founder of The CrowdFundamentals, is an internationally recognized crowdfunding specialist, mentor, trainer and writer. In 2014, she was voted one of the 100 Most Influential Thoughtful Leaders in Crowdfunding. Rose is the author of one of the first online crowdfunding courses called “Working the Crowd: Know the Fundamentals,” and she has served on a board of directors for the CrowdFunding Professional Association.

Indiegogo Company Information