toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

HouseCall Pro tracks our appointments so it's our appointment calendar. Then the electrician who's on site was able to collect payment right then and there which is the better part of it. We used to use Google calendar for his calendar for his appointments. And then he would have a little credit card dongle on his phone and he could slide it that way or the customer would have to call the office to give a card over the phone or just collect a check. But that cut those steps right out of the system and made it more streamlined.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had ServiceMonster before and I changed because it was too hard to figure out. HouseCall was easy to jump into and start right away and that's what I like about them. I mostly use HouseCall Pro for setting up my customers, invoicing and used their postcard services twice. Also, the team members have been super helpful and friendly so it has been good. I talk to them everyday on the instant messenger.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We use HouseCall Pro for private billing but we still use our QuickBooks for a lot of our commercial billing. We mostly use HouseCall's scheduling and charts for marketing. And so far, we've been happy with it.

HouseCall Pro

Karen! Thank you for taking the time to do a review! We really appreciate it! I'm glad that you have taken advantage of the chat bubble! We strive to have the best customer service! Keep up the amazing work!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

HouseCall Pro was the program that the owner got set up and we have been using it at work since May the 5th. I use the scheduling feature as I run dispatch. I'm the one that schedules all the jobs with the guys daily and set up meetings with the owner of the company. The only thing that we've said something about whenever we do the chat is if we have any questions with HouseCall's customer service, we'll ask them. An issue that's a pain and is very annoying, especially if we're trying to do billing, is if we're looking at a couple of weeks ago like December 29th and we want to go back to look at the beginning of that job, it kicks us back to the current day. We have to sit there and go back a couple of weeks or a couple of days. Other than that, HouseCall's great.

HouseCall Pro

Austin! Thanks for being such a wonderful customer! You are rockin' it! Keep it up!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

We started off with using HouseCall Pro for our scheduling, then moved up to a better program for advertising and marketing with emails. My customers love being able to know when I am on the way and also be able to track us on the app. This has been an amazing experience with tons of customer support to back any problem or question we come in contact with.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HouseCall Pro?

HouseCall Pro

Jeni! Thank you for the amazing review! We're stoked to hear that you and your company are using the software to its best ability! We strive to help businesses like you guys get more organized and focussed on what's important. Keep up the amazing work!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

The company I work with switched to HouseCall since April and have been using it for almost a year. The company wasn't as big as they are now and needed some sort of software to keep track of all the schedules. HouseCall is easy maneuver and easy to track faster too. I use the HousePro's report feature 'cause I do the company's account receivables and I make a report about any outstanding invoices. I like the little chat HousePro has and it's really helpful. Their staff are nice and cool.

Also, the ability to access and control transactions is good and our techs like it. They use the technician's side with the app on their phones and it's easier for them to put their notes in. With HousePro, we're more organized and we're able to keep track of go-backs and things like any specific service call. However, there are little glitches that are sometimes annoying, but doesn't have anything to do with HouseCall and it’s just the system.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I spoke with a man who said he loved HouseCall and he was kind of the nail. He was the last person that I talked to which have put me over the edge. Everybody from HouseCall was wonderful, and it was easy setting up our business with them. The scheduling is our most utilized feature. We appreciate that I can keep track of the guys without needing to call or text them so I spend less time coordinating between all of them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I use HouseCall Pro for adding jobs. And as far as helping me to learn how to delete invoices and jobs, they were really great. They even sent me pictures of how it’s done. Having to control business transactions anytime, anywhere is very helpful and I like it a lot. I would definitely recommend them.

HouseCall Pro

Jim! Thanks for the amazing review! Keep up the amazing work!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

For seven months now, we've been using HouseCall Pro. We're very happy with it compared to the old one we used. It's in software platforms, but setting it up went relatively smooth and it was not very difficult. HouseCall has great people and we had lots of interactions with them for the variety of challenges we ran into. They were very responsive. In fact, they were here on the site yesterday helping us figure out a couple of issues. They've been fantastic.

Having HouseCall Pro has helped us operationally be more efficient and have better communication with customers. It keeps customers up to date with what's going on and that was one thing that appealed to us about HouseCall. Also, they're constantly updating it which is good and we look forward to any updates coming our way. It's been a very positive experience.

HouseCall Pro

Lisa! Thanks for the wonderful review! Keep using the software to its best ability!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

We use HouseCall Pro as our dispatch software and we've had it for about a year. We tried several things before but never actually found anything that works like we wanted to. We do the scheduling and the dispatching, and we have our customer database in there. It's a lot more organized, very generic, very simple, and we like that. The only thing that we really wanted it to do was to integrate with QuickBooks and of course, nothing integrates with QuickBooks. We'd also like to have some kind of tracking on our vehicles to track the guys en route. We have to go into their screens to see where they are actually moving, but that's not exactly what we wanted. We've also never had any problems getting someone to call us back and help us out. Other than that, HouseCall Pro does work well with us and we're very satisfied.

Resolution In Progress

Adrianna,

Sorry to hear that we couldn't help you out entirely. We hope in the near future, we will have exactly what you need! We constantly are working to improve our software, so this helps! Thanks again!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

We've been using HouseCall Pro for six months now. I used Full Slate before, and HouseCall has different features that are better. The team members at HouseCall are very helpful and they answered all the questions that I had. However, HouseCall's schedule feature is not very friendly as when we try to cancel or change appointments around, it takes a lot of clicks to do that. When we have the client on the phone, it’s not very easy. When we click “Go Back,” it goes back to the dashboard instead of the schedule. In addition, I have a cleaning business, so if the cleaner is in Oakland and then she has a gap, and then she’s in Oakland again, the scheduler books cleaning like in San Francisco which is really far away and it makes it impossible for the cleaner to be able to drive back and forth. So, I have to call the client and reschedule the cleaning, which is an inconvenience.

And also, it does not save the clients' credit card information, which is another inconvenience because I always have to type the credit card information and I ended up using two different software for that. One is where I save all the credit card information and I'll be able to charge from it, and then HouseCall. However, it takes me a long time just to do that because I have to go to HouseCall, see what the days that the client didn't pay were. Then I go to the other website and then I make the charge, and then I have to go back to the HouseCall and mark it paid, which is a hassle. In the end, I’m going to stop using them at the end of the month.

HouseCall got great features, and there are things that I really like. I like that the cleaners are able to tell the clients that they are on their way, that they’re finished, they can send the invoice and have the text message. They have very good things, but right now they’re not where I need them to be. So, I’m giving away those nice features for one software that I can click and get the payment instead.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We added some offerings to our business model and used HouseCall Pro now that we're a moving services company. Setting it up was good but it's a task to learn a new program. If there's something I can't find on the FAQ's, there's always somebody there that walks me through it. However, there are a lot of capabilities I wish it had that it doesn't have. One random thing is that old conversations don't get deleted. If I have a conversation with somebody on how to fix something, it stays there forever. Second is we're not able to view on the app when the job has started. We can do that if we go on to the website. Another thing is that the tracking of our employees doesn't seem to be correct. I'll have all the guys at a job site and it will show that they're scattered around three different parts of town.

Then when I go in and put in the two addresses for a customer, it would be awesome if there was a way to not have to copy and paste those over into the notes as the starting address and the ending address. It's not very clear as I am double inputting that information sometimes. Nevertheless HouseCall has really helped us a lot and there are a lot of good things about it and they're constantly working on it so that's exciting. The program is good and you really feel like it's a real person to do the talking to you when you have a question. They always seem to know how to fix the problem right away.

HouseCall Pro

Jackie! You're awesome! Thanks for the 5 star review! Keep up the amazing work and spreading the amazing knowledge of HouseCall Pro!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

We love HouseCall Pro. They helped us out especially my husband. It's super easy to set up and easy to figure out. We're super happy with it and we recommend it to everybody that we know.

HouseCall Pro

June! Thank you for taking the time to do a review! It sounds like you are using our software to it's fullest ability! Good job! Keep up the amazing work!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

Some time last year, our company signed up with HouseCall Pro and so far, so good. The first time we got the system set up my boss did it and then he introduced me to it and then I had training. We had a few hiccups, adjustments here and there. It was too much information to record but once you get to know the program, it's a breeze. Some of the technicians have it down pat. But the new ones don't have it and they have to get training on how to use it. But other than that, it's a perfect system.

I do everything with HouseCall Pro. I book the appointments and the bill. We use the segments and we send the invoice through HouseCall and the customer is being notified when we do the invoice. We can send them via email. They can also see a part where we allow them to see, because there are certain parts they can see and certain parts they cannot see. Then they can sign when the job is complete and customers love that.

HouseCall Pro

Hi Jeremy, Thanks a ton for doing a wonderful review about us! We are constantly trying to evolve as a product for our customers. We are glad you're noticing! Thanks again! Keep up the amazing work!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

I've been using HouseCall Pro for over a year and I love it. Before, I had to use several software to schedule my appointments and route my jobs, and my guys handle it all from their phone there. HouseCall Pro replaced Google Calendar and though it didn’t replace QuickBooks but it replaced me writing out paper invoices, so it let me go paperless.

My purpose of starting HouseCall Pro in the first place, beyond the payments aspect of it, was simply because it interacted with QuickBooks online so I would no longer have to manually enter in data. Before, I would enter in the customer's data into Google Calendar when I booked a job. Then when we went to do the job, my guys would pull up Google Calendar and they'd write the information onto a paper receipt and they'd turn that paper receipt in to me. I would then input the information into the computer a second time into QuickBooks, for the accounting aspect. With HouseCall I input it into the computer once.

I get million other features that are like icing on the cake for me, as far as contacting the customers automatically. The payments aspect of it works great and it's amazing. It lets me control everything and lets me compete with the major companies that I'm competing with as one guy. We got a lot of reviews talking about how great we communicate. We send an email confirmation a couple of days ahead of time to remind them that we're coming and send them text messages the day of. Then we send them a thank you email a few days after, asking them for a review. They love our communication. A big part of the reason is because HouseCall does it for us. I could set up things and HouseCall automates everything. It's beautiful.

Initially, I tested it for two months around Thanksgiving time. I wanted to make sure everything was good and I didn't want to change my method mid-year. Since then, I was pretty much convinced we will roll it to January the 1st but I wanted to finish up my year with what we had. I also wanted to test them to make sure any kind of hiccups. I wanted to experience not for real with the customer as I didn't want to lose any jobs. I didn't have any issues. They showed me a demo and explained how it worked and it was pretty intuitive after that. There were a few things that needed to be changed and I made some requests and they actually changed them.

They just introduced a new feature on the app on the phone. If a previous customer calls my phone, the HouseCall app actually displays their name as a HouseCall customer and what their name is. A couple of times today I had a random phone number calling me. It was a customer and I knew exactly who it was and that they were a customer because of HouseCall. It's a really cool feature. Without it, I didn't know who was calling me.

I like that HouseCall Pro listen to the people that use the software and build it accordingly. I was actually looking into having somebody build me my own custom thing and I know there are some other things out there. But I'm totally blown away by HouseCall Pro and there's nothing else that I really need. There are a couple of other features I want them to add and I’m sure they’re working on it and they will come at some point. That’s just going to make it the icing on the cake, where it will be as perfect. It’s almost like a software that I would’ve had written for myself, if I had half the ideas that they had. I probably wouldn’t have thought of a lot of stuff they thought of.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We use QuickBooks online but for our scheduling and dispatch, we were using Kickserv. It wasn't as user-friendly out in the field as HouseCall Pro is and so we used it as it's a bit better. Setting it up was very easy. Anytime I've had questions, I send their customer service a message through chat and it's usually a few minutes that they would answer me. They have been thorough in helping me with anything that I've had questions about. It has great customer service. Then we use HouseCall Pro's features like the scheduling, dispatching and invoicing. We take payments and it's very easy to put the notes in regarding the jobs that they're going to. By the time they finish the job, they can immediately write the invoice up and either email it or get it ready to print.

However, there are a couple of things in HouseCall that I wish were a little better. It would be a lot easier if I could see a list of invoices for the day rather than having to pull them up individually because sometimes I have to pull each one individually to print them. For the QuickBooks online, I can see a list and just batch print. But overall it's great and it's been very good because it syncs with QuickBooks online. My husband's helping me answer saying that it informs our customers about when we're on the way. We've had a lot of positive feedback with that. We've had more customers since we had it because we're able to manage the jobs better and we've also started to have more of an online presence.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

HouseCall's phone app is pretty simple and doesn't let you do much. I put everything in there and we use the QuickBooks feature to transfer over all of our customer information, though we stopped the connection because we just use it separately. We don't want any of our employees to accept credit cards and we're not a point of sale. We bill our customer net 30, so most of our employees don't even know the prices that we charge the customers. We never used it for invoicing so we didn't have to go in and create any of the itemized things that we do or serve. We just use the app for scheduling the location and then to assign it to the technician with a date and time.

What I like about the product is that it helped me and the employees stay on the same page because we're all running around, handling different customers' needs and we don't always know what the other is doing. It helped with us all being able to look in one place and send messages to each other and remember all of the little jobs. It's helping us organize more than what any Google Calendar type system could do. I'd recommend them and I have.

HouseCall Pro

Aneya! Thank you so much for taking the time to do a review! We appreciate it! I'm glad that you have been in touch with our amazing customer support team! Keep rocking it!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

We were looking at a program called PestPac but they were too expensive. So we started looking into other programs and I found HouseCall online. They are absolutely amazing. A woman gave us our demo and she did more than one demo with us because our whole team couldn't be there for the first one. She was super easy to contact every time we needed her. Once we got started with the program, any time we had a question we would talk to their people using the little chat thing in the corner. They were always super helpful, got everything done for us and helped us to learn how to navigate ourselves.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had a pretty good experience with HouseCall Pro and we've been using it for 3-4 months now. We had a different online billing provider before, but we only used it for the GPS and because everything else was so complicated. HouseCall is more simple to use than some others and it worked out great. One of the problems we've had was our ticket, because we couldn't read the handwriting with our service tech. But now with HouseCall Pro, everything is done on the computer and our technicians have iPads so we could read everything. The description is a lot better because of the software and everybody we go to like it better. They get a better looking, readable, more professional ticket, and that's the most important thing.

We also use their call feature to schedule, set up and dispatch the calls. I love that I get to access our business transactions at anytime from anywhere as I've never been able to do that before. Since the setup, I've spent less time in the office, dealing with the service tech and the tickets, which saves us a tremendous amount of time. And I love that HouseCall is always progressing. They've added some features since we've come on, although what I would love to see is a live GPS. They say that they're in the middle of researching it and trying to come up with it. But right now, we have another company that we do GPS through so if HouseCall could have that feature, then we would do everything through HouseCall.

HouseCall Pro

James! Thanks so much for taking the time to do a review! It's always great to hear from our customers! Feel free to chat in through the blue bubble and vote for features you would like to see on to the platform!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

We've used HouseCall Pro for three months and though I haven't used it to its potential, it’s helped me ease up my paperwork a lot and has made a lot of things easier. There are still some things that need to be fixed for ease of access for the customers, but there’s a lot of good things about it that I like better than Freshbooks. They just need to make it easier for customers to be able to rate since I still don’t know how to help my customers do that.

HouseCall Pro

Wayne! Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to do a review for us! We greatly appreciate it here at Housecall Pro! We love to hear that it's making your life easier and saving you time! Thanks again!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

When we set the system up, we had somebody calling us daily to walk us through a training session. Now if we have an issue, we chat or go in and ask the system if it has the answer. The system is doing what we need it to do and it beats being paper-based. However, there are some things that we're trying to get a hold of. But it's nice that we get a GPS map that comes up showing us where we're going in the region and we get a google picture of the house that we're going to be working on.

HouseCall Pro definitely system made our life easier. Before, we were writing everything down when people would call in and then transfer that to a written schedule and then to a vehicle log. Now everything comes in and goes directly into the HouseCall Pro which is passed on to the tablet that's on the truck. Only minimal things are written down and I can see what my guys are doing and what data and pictures they're putting in. It's almost as fast as they do it. Then, I can go in there and change whatever needs to be changed. We also invoice the customer and take the payment. Before that, we had our smartphones for taking all the pictures and everything had to be done verbally. It's like we came out of the dark ages. But we would like to see an inventory management in the system which is not there yet.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

HouseCall Pro has been our online billing software for four months now. We still have and use QuickBooks but it's nothing like House Pro. All of us love the system because our customers get a call or text saying we'll be there by a certain time. My servicemen put in the schedule and they have tablets on their plant and they look on there for each call that has come in. We do invoicing for that and put the best price for it on the system. Our customers are able to get on there and pay online with their credit card. We are very impressed with the system and it's a really good one to use for companies like ours.

HouseCall Pro

Hi Debbie! We are so happy that you are enjoying your HouseCall Pro account! We love that you recognize our amazing customer support team! Never be afraid to chat in! Thanks again!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

I've been working with HouseCall Pro since the end of September. It was very easy setting up business with them. The people who taught us together as a group were very patient and were very thorough. I've spoken with their staff through chat and on the phone and they are very responsive. I talked to Chris and Erin who got back to me in a matter of minutes. They helped and guided. If I had a question, they emailed me. They also sent me copies in my chat that told me what to do and how to do it. It was explanatory.

With HouseCall Pro, I do the scheduling, which is great because it lists in notes the time that they start the job, finish it, enter the monies, and when it's paid. I'm able to see those and I can go in and edit the notes. I'm also able to add the notes and they're able to add notes below mine while they're on the job. It's very thorough. Plus they can send me photos from when their techs are on the job and put it in my attachments in case we need to see.

Every time you sign a job you're given an invoice. If you have to go back to a job for any reason, I like the system doesn't create a new invoice 'cause you go into the segment under that same invoice. It's very user-friendly and customer-friendly as well. I also like the idea that when I enter the customer then the job, it has the map and it shows the house. Google comes out with what you're looking at. I am so happy with HouseCall Pro, the way it's used when I schedule my jobs and the ability that I have to do what I need to do with it.

HouseCall Pro

Jarrod! Thanks for the awesome review! You're awesome! We love that you use the chat and interact with our wonderful customer support team! Keep it up!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

Setting up my HVAC business with HouseCall Pro was really easy. I have known them from the company that I worked for. They're really customer-friendly. They talk you through most things and everything is relatively easy to do. I interact with them over their live chat, which is always available when you're a Pro member. So, I just hit a button and the chat window opens up. I type in whatever question I have and within maybe a minute tops, I get a response. They're really active on the chat. I've never gotten an, "I don't know" which is kudos because sometimes that happens.

It's awesome being able to access and control the business transactions at anytime, anywhere. I use all of the features in HouseCall Pro except the billing feature. We prefer to do our billing through another system and just leave that isolated. But we schedule all of our service technicians out using HouseCall. We use it as a reminder to call our customers about maintenance. They are an outstanding company and I'd recommend them to anybody.

HouseCall Pro

Hi Anna! We are so happy that HouseCall Pro is helping you and your business! Thanks for being such a great customer!! Keep up the great work!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

This easy-to-use app is great for scheduling jobs and notifying not only our technicians, but the customers as well! The desktop version is also great for setting up reminders (email campaigns) and sending out special promotions (postcard feature).

HouseCall Pro

Hey Shayla! Thank you so much for taking the time to do a review! We truly appreciate it! Take advantage of the little blue bubble located on the web portal to speak with our amazing customer support team if you have any questions!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

We've only had one job that found us through HouseCall Pro, but using them has been easier to keep track of our work orders because it's been more organized and it's easier to locate and find customers. Everything has been good for the most part even though there are a couple of things we would change if we could.

HouseCall Pro

Hey Candie! I am happy to hear you are utilizing the platform for your business! We are always here to help if you ever run in to issues via the little blue bubble on the web portal! Let us know! Thanks again!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

I feel comfortable with HouseCall Pro. I've been using their services since July when I joined our company that has been in business for over a year. The only thing I don't like about the system is that, when I schedule our customers' appointments, there's no way to set them up for six months checkup. It doesn't give me the recurrence for every six months. It also doesn't have a way for me to set it up to remind and alert myself. If I have four customers that are due for their routine maintenance next week, the system won't notify me that these are due. I have to wait until the day that I have scheduled to remind me six months from now.

HouseCall Pro

Brian! Thanks so much for giving us a 5 star review! We are so happy that you are enjoying the software! Never be shy to chat in with our amazing customer support team! Thanks again!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I like the theory of HouseCall Pro and all the features that they utilize. Everything sounded really good. Customer service is phenomenal. They've always been there and are easy to get a hold of. I've had the privilege of dealing directly with one of the co-founders and he's quite a character, a good guy. When I originally set up the service with the sales rep, it was great. The salesman did a good job, followed up and touched base with me repeatedly. Most of my customers have raved on the paperless aspect, the ability to receive their invoices via email and the notifications that they receive when we have their job scheduled, letting them know that we're on the way and that the job's complete. I'd recommend it.

HouseCall Pro

Felipe! Sorry to see you go! We thank you however for giving us a great review!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

I used HouseCall Pro for about a month and I would recommend it. I used all the features and they were all pretty good and really user-friendly. However, I went back to my other provider because it's free.

HouseCall Pro

Hi Lisa! Thanks so much for taking the time to do a review! We appreciate it here at HouseCall Pro! We are glad that you are utilizing the blue chat bubble on the web portal! Keep up the great work!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

I work on the HouseCall system every day. The scheduling is our whole meat and potatoes. Their dashboard is okay but I don't think our company paid for the expensive version. There are a lot of features I'd love to see like creating our own queries, but otherwise I love it. Customer service is always willing to work with you, answer questions, and fix if something is wrong or tell me how to go around it.

Our guys use HouseCall when they go to a house and get paid there. If for some reason they don't have internet service, they can either use the Square reader or call me to take the payment over the phone. However, the customer's download feature doesn't seem to work well. I'd set up myself and there's some limitation especially with customers wanting to schedule their own. There's something maybe for our type of business that doesn't work well. I also would like to be able to type something to the customer when we send an estimate out. I can't put a cover letter on an estimate, but I've figured out a way around it.

HouseCall Pro Company Profile