HouseCall Pro
4.45/5
Based on 183 reviews that contain star ratings

Need an online billing service?

HouseCall Pro

Housecall Pro is a cloud-based service business management app designed to automate cumbersome business processes and workflows. This solution includes an award winning mobile app and complementary Web portal and serves every type of service business out there!

Housecall Pro allows companies to forego paperwork in favor of digital automation. It offers features such as job scheduling, dispatching, payment processing, estimates, automated receipts and invoices, customer notifications, company chat, as well as postcard and email marketing automation.

Customers can book services via the Housecall mobile app, Facebook, Yelp, and personal websites, communicate through a centralized messaging system and make online payments.

The mobile app can be accessed on both Android and iOS devices. There is a free version for single owner/operators, which offers many of the core features of the paid version. Premium pricing is based on the number of users, and an enterprise license is also available.

This solution is available across the U.S. and Canada.

View More View More

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

183 HouseCall Pro Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

We initially inquired about their product over 2 years ago and decided it was not for us, however, they continued to call us saying WE had asked them to follow up with us. This was a lie and we asked to be removed from their calling list. They would not do so and still continue to call. This happens still every 30 days and we try to tell them we will now never use them and to please remove us from their calling list. It is two years later and we still get calls, I got another call just this morning. Run from this company because I am sure they are only interested in sales and I am sure not the concerns of their customers.

Hi Jesse,

We want to sincerely apologize for your most recent experience with Housecall Pro. Though we do have an adamant sales team, we like to respect ones word. We would be more than happy to remove you from our call list. Please reach out and give us the specified phone number(s) you are being contacted on, so we can remove you. Apologies again. 877-944-9010

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I have a small cleaning business (1 person operation). I initially started service and then cancelled after not having time to learn how to use it and was testing out other methods for scheduling, payments, etc. I had zero problem being harassed or pressured to retain the service. A few months ago, I restarted the service and took the time to actually use it for my day to day. I have it integrated into QuickBooks, accept payments, use it for my scheduling, have the booking options on my website, Facebook and Yelp and has been perfect. Customer service is great and always available by chat, a nice guy over the phone helped walk me through the steps to merge with QuickBooks. I'm very pleased with the service.

Get expert buying tips about Online Billing and Invoicing Software delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

Lets see... You lost my money. Blamed it on "protocol", but couldn't find the issue, blew smoke up my butt for a week then all of a sudden my account was flagged. REALLY? This database is as useless as the people behind the scenes. They won't give you a customer service number to speak to an actual person. THEY MUST CALL YOU they said. LOL. REALLY? Let's see if I get a refund.

THERE ARE MANY OTHER databases out there. DO NOT USE THIS POS or you will lose your customers and business. Director of Operations was as useless as a high school hall monitor. If he couldn't pawn it off on another person, he would just ask stupid irrelevant questions to make it look like he knew what he was doing. Clearly, not a good investment. Check out the video on how this company WON'T ALLOW YOU TO GIVE A 1 or even 2 STAR REVIEWS. If you don't hit a minimum of 3 stars you can't post a review. That's pretty shady and fraud all day. Find someone else.

Hi Kyle,

As we have responded on your previous reviews, that was a glitch which has been since fixed. We do sincerely apologize for your experience and was more then happy to get someone on the phone to hash this out. Our phone number to reach us is 877-944-9010. Please do give us a call.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

This product did not suit our needs. We never set it up. We never used it. We contacted them via email, telephone repeatedly. No calls were answered; if the call was answered, they disconnected the call. They never refunded any portion of the 1st annual charge. They actually called us to "renew" the subscription, we told them NO. They then had the NERVE TO CHARGE OUR COMPANY CREDIT LINE WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION.

Hi Tammy,

We want to sincerely apologize for your recent experience with Housecall Pro. We like to pride ourselves on our customer service. We would love to make this right. If you can reach out to 877-944-9010, we can take a look into what happened and make the necessary edits. Apologize again.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: June 22, 2018

Worst customer service I've ever worked with. After salespeople running after us for a month to sign up with this company and telling us that they can integrate with QuickBooks with no problems... We ended up spending over 3 weeks to re-enter lost information for the past few years that was deleted and changed while importing back and forth from their software. We've been using QB online for about 8 years without any problems until this company came into play and messed it all up! When we tried to get their help and got a hold of Jill...she wasn't willing to help and only tried to push the blame on us and on QuickBooks with a patronizing attitude over the phone... Be aware, don't risk your time and information with these amateurs. Shame on you!

Hi Leo,

We want to sincerely apologize for your experience with Housecall Pro. We like to pride ourselves on our customer support and would love to earn your 5 star review. We are somewhat limited with what can be done with Quickbooks Online which is why we refer to them on most issues as it has to do with their side of the integration. We are happy to take another look for you and make this right. Please reach out so we can take a look. 877-944-9010

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Housecall Pro?

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
    Original review: April 3, 2018

I want this review to be a fair assessment of the software so if you want to know whether you should buy it, read this first. THE PERFORMANCE OF THE PLATFORM. Excellent software! No performance issues to date. Coding, well written and tested thoroughly. Platform is quick, no lagged responses, no load times, network always up and running. Platform performance: 5 OUT OF 5 STARS!

AESTHETIC APPEAL. Very clean! Actually, I evaluated 22 platforms and it's the cleanest field service software out there. In fact, when I was making my decision I didn't pick HouseCall Pro as my first choice but I kept re-evaluating it BECAUSE of how it looks. I spent a month looking for software to accommodate my needs. Appeal goes hand in hand with good layout for functionality. My team and I tested it on our phones and we were EASILY able to figure out exactly how to use it. Other softwares we tried were awful in the sense of knowing what to do next wasn't clear and required a bunch of training eating up too much time. Appeal/Layout: 5/5 Stars.

CUSTOMER SERVICE. I try to take into consideration, the marketplace, cost reduction by limiting communication to internet only to keep the platform price effective. This platform DOES have a free version with very limited functionality. I already signed up so when I wanted to call someone to talk about the features, it's just not possible to speak with someone over the phone. They do offer chat support to which they DO respond very quickly and are quick to address the issue. The complexity of my issue extended passed a text conversation to understand what issue I was needing help with. When you call in for support, let me assure you that you will get an answering machine. However, call in and select the option for the sales department for new customers, the phone won't even ring once.

FEATURES AND ABILITY TO SCALE WITH BUSINESS - FAIL. I can't bridge the gap how the software will work with a company with 15 employees. I'm sure they do it and it can be done but there is a big lack of features and functionality that keep me dependent on other programs to handle. For example, if you provide a clock in and clock out app inside the software it's as basic as basic gets, what's the point. To my dismay, on the surface seems to have so much but the extras that it does have are lacking many features which will keep you paying for other 3rd party services.

I've had about 12 issues with things and the conversation ends the same. "We will put it on our suggestion board on your behalf as a feature that can be implemented in the future." After hearing this for 4-5 separate issues regarding the absence of basic functionality, I keep wondering where this board that my suggestions are on?

No common sense! If the objective is to have users of the program vote for requests, wouldn't it be important to get it in front of the actual user on the app itself. Out of the love for common sense, why would it be effective to have a poll somewhere (btw, still haven’t found) where I would have to proactively engage in a conscious effort to find. If you're about to give me the whoa's of an exhaustive engineering feat that needs to be underway, my next argument will take the response from your lips, or keyboard here. In 4 months, the ONLY update to HouseCall Pro that I've actually seen happen in regards to new features or functionality, not bug updates, etc is the one that happened today (4/2/18), and the one that happened 2 months ago.

Change #1: They added the chat that you see on the website hosted by intercom.com and placed that same chat into the app itself. Prior to that you had to access the website to do the same thing or get to a desktop computer. Why was the voting feature not added when you added the intercom chat and my only conclusion is that they supplied the code for the enhancement which would help them to increase your monthly cost for more utility. Change #2: A beta version of creating a job was made and implemented today. This just doesn't seem to be the thing to prioritize at the moment but I don't know what's happening behind the scenes so I can only speculate.

CONCLUSION: What I am about to say is my personal opinion and I felt that I've been more than fair in my assessment and I could be wrong. I feel that they have all the components to really rise above all other softwares. I explained that every time I hear that we will put your request on a board for a vote, it feels like when the conversation is done you are just throwing it out.

I have over 25 changes to HCP that would make it one of the best softwares on the market. I’m concerned that HCP just doesn’t have the appropriate engineers to accomplish the task because the rebuttal seems to be, it's too hard, it's a big feat, and so forth. I feel that the software development is slow at best and I’m not sure if it's because of funding, knowledge, etc. Having an app on both platforms isn’t cheap and the cost of good engineers isn’t cheap, if it's money, find an investor to really improve the app. I’m just about close to cancelling at this point. Again I have everything mapped out on the changes, they just seemed to be overlooked. Good luck.

Hi Booley,

We want to start by thanking you for all of your recommendations as we welcome all of our customers to do this. We are constantly growing and changing. What seems to make us unique amongst our competitors is our willingness to listen and implement changes based on what our customers want. That being said, we have to have a strategy on the order in which we do things. We would love to chat a bit more about this. Please reach out so we can earn your 5 star review. 877-944-9010

Original review: March 18, 2018

I have used this program for months now it has been life changing. I also read few negative reviews. It has to be fake. There is no way you couldn't like this program. It is truly amazing. Keep up the good work.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: March 7, 2018

I tried this app briefly and decided against continues to use it after learning that the goal of this company is to claim my customers for themselves. I uninstalled the app and canceled my account, however, the company refuses to stop spam calling me. This has been going on now for over two years. If you are smart you will not sign up with this company. It never stops.

Hi Robert,

We want to sincerely apologize for your experience with Housecall Pro. To address a few of your issues. 1) By no means are we looking to acquire your customers. You own them and we promise that. 2) We are happy to remove you from being contacted. Please reach out with your phone number(s) you are being contacted on so we can remove you. Apologies again. 877-944-9010

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: March 5, 2018

They call repeatedly and will not take "not interested" for an answer. How many times can you tell a company you are not interested in what they have to offer only to have them call back later. They have called more times than I can count.

HouseCall Pro response

We want to sincerely apologize for your experience with Housecall Pro. We are happy to remove you from being contacted. Please reach out with your phone number(s) you are being contacted on so we can remove you. Apologies again. 877-944-9010

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

We have been using HouseCall Pro for several years now. It has helped our company grow, streamlined our invoicing and helped organize our workday. A surprising benefit to using HouseCall Pro has been that it helped us to identify an untrustworthy employee. We had had suspicions that he was stealing from our company /changing invoice pricing and holding back money but, HouseCall Pro allowed us to see him doing these things in real time by tracking with GPS and the documented changes on invoices. Thank you for this program!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

The HouseCall Pro team really makes sure that their product is working for you and they're always available to guide you while you're getting familiar with their business tools. HouseCall Pro provides easy to use product and professional presentation with the best in commitment to mutual success. I'm impressed with their thorough customer service, and my customers are impressed with the quality I'm able to present. Thanks guys!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I am sincerely am mind blown by this CRM. I feel like it was built for my business. Also, it is so easy to use, that I feel like I already master it. The only thing is that in Quebec we speak French and it would be good that we could do basic customs of text in invoice and estimate.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

We have been using HouseCall Pro from its early inception, and I can't say enough good things about the program itself, but more importantly the team who's designed it. The program is easy to navigate, has tons of features, and for a business owner presents a very professional perspective to your clients. Behind the scenes is a team of people, always only a chat away to helping you navigate any question you have. Anytime I reach out to Chris, Co-founder, Engineer, and Chief Customer Officer, he responds immediately and aids me in any question I have to better understand the program. And if I can't figure it out, he figures it out for me. If you're looking for a high-quality program to use for your business, I highly recommend HouseCall Pro.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

Took a few days to get used to using HouseCall instead of the programs I have been using but once I got used to using it, it makes life easier!! And when I grow my business to multiple trucks HouseCall can expand with me, it's great.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

HCP has been a great investment for us. There are so many features we cannot possibly name them all here. AND, they are constantly adding new features without charging us more. Customer service is super easy to get a hold of and they are quick to fix any issues. We are a small service company and use HCP for our day to day operations. Our customers love the text messages and emails. We also can keep great track of where our guys are and what jobs they’ve completed. Invoicing is super easy and your accountant will thank you. We look like a big company and there's only 4 of us!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

HOUSECALL IS BY FAR THE MOST ROBUST, POWER PACKED BUSINESS MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE I HAVE USED TO DATE! (AND I've used many others!) They are excellent at Responding to the feedback of their clients, for example I've mentioned several vital features it needed and within a few weeks it was implemented! I really do hope they continue this trend though because sometimes when a company gets big enough, they get comfortable with their growth and they feel like they don't have to rely on their customers as much and start to put important features on the back burner. Or perhaps a feature is very important but no one thinks of it yet, and since only 1 customer is asking for it, they decide it's not important enough to consider adding it. Instead they should look at the intrinsic value of the feature all on its own and the fact that everyone could benefit from it (Even if they haven't thought of it yet).

**A FEW ISSUES THAT WE ARE HAVING (Not necessarily with House-Call, but certainly an issue that House Call could solve.) #1 ISSUE: We are using (2) separate Calendars to manage our Jobs (Google Calendar & HCP Calendar) which creates a lot of redundancy and synching of information resulting in lost proficiency. REASON: Because like most service related business dealing with the public, we have constant changes, price adjustments, re-scheduling, and updating of notes for each job prior to scheduling. 1st and foremost we have a permanent Customer TEMPLATE that we use in Google Calendar to fill in customer DATA, which is fluid, quick and easy way to add or edit notes on the fly. House Call is a little cumbersome when it comes to the having the ability to see the notes you need to see, when you need to see it, and the ability to quickly open it up and Edit on the FLY.

We attempted to go cold turkey and use HCP For all this but what happened was we had a completely Sloppy, unorganized accounting department. We didn't know who was paid, who wasn't paid, with tons of jobs just floating and clogging up the system. This is because 95% of our jobs are in the pre-stages of scheduling: Pending/Waiting for a Callback/Left a message/Sent email/Rescheduled/Canceled/Need to move ETC. before they are officially scheduled which creates a smorgasbord of confusion. In order to have a nice & neat operating system for scheduling jobs on House Call calendar your Jobs can only fall into (2) category's; SCHEDULED OR UNSCHEDULED.

**SOLUTION: Have a carbon copy of Google calendar as your Rough Draft Calendar & an official House Call Calendar on a "Toggle Switch." The HCP-Carbon Copy-Google Calendar would function as "scratch paper" to have all your floating jobs & notes and then when a Job is Officially Confirmed (Green lighted) you Click on "Copy to Official HCP Calendar" and now you have the best of both worlds. An easy, On the Fly way to add Job details for a new customer still in the pre-stages of scheduling and then the ability to make it official once the job is confirmed and all relevant notes are concise and finalized. This would prevent clogging up the accounting side of house call with tons of Confusing "pending/ ever-changing" information while giving you a quick, easy to access on the fly Google-like calendar for all the stuff that is still floating and not official.

We are basically using Google Calendar now as our scratch paper and then when a job is finalized, and all the job notes are finalized, and the job is a green light we transfer all the details into HOUSE CALL. This is the only way to keep your accounting in order, otherwise we are out of business very soon. It's a very arduous, tedious way of accounting, but we couldn't do it any other way unless a feature like this is made available in HCP. This would be a feature everyone could benefit from and it's not as big of a request as it might sound, because HCP has a Toggle switch in play at this very moment in order to switch back and forth from an OLDER Version of the Customer overview, and the new version they have rolled out (Which is TERRIFIC By the way).

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

We have been in business since 2015 and came in before apps and computer programs were really a thing (think lots of paper invoices). A few years ago we started looking for an all in one program that would fit our HVAC company but could never find anything affordable or worthwhile. We finally came across House Call Pro and it was an instant fit. The program itself is awesome, but above all of that, their people are awesome and that makes it worth every single penny. If you ever have a problem or a new idea, they have the most awesome support out there and are willing to listen and improve upon. You aren't just a number or another customer, you are a friend and a person to them and that has made all of the difference when doing business with them. Keep up the good work guys! Can't wait to see what you come out with in the future!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

I have been using HouseCall Pro for a few years now, for my carpet and upholstery cleaning business. Prior to using them, I was doing everything manually in a calendar, customer cards, Quickbooks, etc. With HouseCall Pro, I am able to input all my customer information, send out job reminders, take credit card transactions, send accounting information directly to Quickbooks and much more! This allows me to run my business more efficiently and look professional, compared to some of my competitors.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I had paid for a house cleaning as well as cleaning of my windows last night. The house cleaning was done just fine, nothing spectacular but serviceable. I noticed in the morning that the windows had clearly not been cleaned. I contacted the company to tell them what had happened, and they said they would offer no refund or recleaning. I asked only for a refund of the extra money spent on having the windows cleaned. They then accused me of lying. I sent them pictures of a paper towel before and after wiping on the window, and I was accused of getting the dirt from somewhere else. Really disappointing that they will not even own up to the fact that the cleaning was either not done or not done in a satisfactory manner.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

Every time I've needed support, I've received it in a timely and concise manner. The team easily identifies the problem and provides me with a solution. As a small business owner, this is a great group of people to work with on the backend of scheduling your business employees or contractors.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

HouseCall Pro is a company you can trust. We appreciate their customer-centric mindset, hard work, and dedication to success. Every time we have called in with a question a team member is quick to respond. The software has improved our system as it allows us to easily communicate with our customers and team making it easy to schedule appointments and avoid errors. We highly recommend!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I was using the system called The Customer Factor before and then I used HouseCall Pro last summer for two months just to test it out. I was using it for CRM, scheduling invoicing. Setting it up went well. Their interface was a little more user-friendly and it had really good features. But I didn’t fully switch over because we were so integrated with the other one. And I sold my business, so it makes sense to switch things over when I’m selling it. In the end, the business probably would have been a little more organized because I can use tags to categorize different clients. I also thought the mobile app for the customers was a good idea. And, it’s a must to access and control the business transactions anytime anywhere. HouseCall Pro was a really good program and I had recommended it to lots of people.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

I used HouseCall Pro for a couple of years. When I first signed up, I was set-up for a month, talking to someone about my experience. Setting their system up for my business was good and easy. I mostly use the scheduling and sending invoices. It was easier to let employees know what we had going on since having HouseCall Pro. However, the business that I used it with no longer operates. But I enjoyed it a lot and it's smooth. It was a very nice app and it was great while I used it.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

We are in the heat and air conditioning business and we needed something for mobile. We went online and did all our research on HouseCall Pro with different companies out there. Cost was the biggest factor on why we chose them, as well as the ability to have multiple users. Setting up with them was the easiest we ever had with anything. We only had to do a few information about the company and the lady, Amber, did everything for us. We've had them for two years now and we usually do all our business with them through email.

We like that HouseCall Pro’s software enables us to email or text customers and let them know we're on the way to their house. It gives the customers a little peace of mind knowing that we have the confidence to let them know that and they don't have to stay there all day waiting for us. Also, everything about the billing is done online and instantaneously. We bill customers right there while the service is being done. It eases out the paperwork and we don't have to have the guys bringing the paperwork everyday. The customers got the bill so there's no going back to the office and having to submit an invoice to the customers two to three days later, then they sign and send it. The process cuts out five days so now, instead of waiting 30 plus 5 days, we're just waiting 30 days to get paid.

HouseCall Pro makes the billing process more efficient, too. A lot of times it's hard to read the invoices when the guys write them but having them electronically saves us a phone call trying to figure out what are we billing for. Another thing is that we can create different blind items based on a job, which is great. For example, if we're going to do a welding job we can incorporate welding materials or miscellaneous materials instead of a base number for that. Before we wouldn't charge for that because nobody thought about it. In that sense, we’re able to bill for everything that is on the invoice and our sales have gone up. We’d recommend them.

Original review: July 28, 2017

I’m a locksmith and I’ve been with HouseCall Pro for about 4 years. In my field, HouseCall is much more expensive than other options but they provide me more work. Their team members are very professional as far as the technology and they’re very good with knowing what to do as far as the setup to make the app or the system comfortable to the end user and for the service provider. And then they were advertising and people who needed the service of the locksmith are contacting me. I used to use credit card processor but now I get payments directly through my bank.

Original review: July 26, 2017

I've been using HouseCall Pro for about two years now. I knew them from Facebook after other carpet cleaners talked about them. It helps in keeping me a little more organized. And I can also use their services to send out alerts to customers that I'm coming. I use their credit card processing the most. I went with them because a lot of people in my industry were using them and the credit processing was a little cheaper. It was easy to set up and they were very helpful if I had any questions. I once called one of the guys to do my credit card processing and he was extremely helpful. It took just a couple of minutes to get everything up and running. I would definitely recommend it.

Original review: July 22, 2017

From ESC and we’re now with Housecall. We started up for the Hilltop portion on April 1st and our Ocean Park was March 17th. It’s quite a bit better on certain things, some would be a really big improvement. With ESC before, we couldn’t attach photos. It would be nice if the photos came up on every invoice instead of just on that specific one. ‘Cause how we do business is, we record the model and serial number but in some cases, we may go to a job eight times so now if you click on “view customer”, you can go through quite quickly and look at the pictures. It’d be nice if it just automatically came up. That’s one thing but, I do like that feature there. The other thing that the other system had that HouseCall Pro doesn’t is that it allowed you to put two phone numbers down. And to only have an option for one mobile device, it sometimes makes things more confusing for the service guys going out.

Dustin, the business owner, set the system up and he said it was straightforward and quite simple to do so. He was quite happy with the ease of it. With my experience, reps have been pretty good overall. We mainly do the booking, invoicing, we do material needed and payments and through HouseCall Pro. For collections, it’s a lot more manageable. We’re finding, we’re having less money owed because the guys are collecting right on site. And it’s quite easy to navigate through and find out who owes us money and potentially, just send them an email and they can pay online which is definitely a big plus. I’ve also used the chat but not a lot. Some of the guys have used it too and they seem pretty happy with it. I once tried to use the map feature, to get directions with HouseCall Pro and I wasn’t successful with it. Probably it’s ‘cause I haven’t used it enough. Ideally, we’d like to do everything through HouseCall Pro.

For the dispatching, it would be nice if there was a way that to set-up reminders and alarms in the calendar. ‘Cause what happens is, we’ll have guys on site, they’re doing their work and say, their next call’s at one o’clock and they don’t know what time it is because they haven’t looked at their phone. And other than that, there was a picture thing which I know they’re working on. We get lots of strata or property management companies that could have anywhere from 5 to 40 properties and it’d be nice to set them all up, somehow set them up a little bit more streamlined. ‘Cause when I add a customer or I add another address, it keeps coming up on the screen.

Also, the extension numbers for phone calls could be better. Unfortunately, I have one property management group that has six different people that are attached to their property management team so, it’s incredibly difficult with the space provided for extra contact names and numbers. ‘Cause right now, there’s only spot for one email where we have three different people that want emails every time we send a job or an invoice out.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I've basically used HouseCall Pro's billing feature for the last six months . My overall experience with them, including setting up my business, has been okay for the most part. However, I'll probably be getting rid of them in the next six months since they're just not for me.

Original review: July 20, 2017

I used HouseCall Pro for a while. However, their pricing was too high and the turnaround for me to get my money was too long. In the beginning, I enjoyed speedy calls. Everybody was quick to respond to me. However, once I got in, I couldn't hear from anyone. I tried to reach out to them and their representatives said they'll get back to me. Furthermore, it would take a longer time for them to reach out to me when I needed something done. I don't get help immediately like I would want to. I stopped using it.

Original review: July 17, 2017

Our experience with HouseCall Pro has been wonderful! The features are extensive and very easy to use. We also use the app for every employee so we can stay connected on how each job is going. Using this product has made a very positive change in the company and I definitely recommend it to others!

Housecall Pro expert review by Shelley Elmblad

HouseCall Pro provides high-quality mobile software for the home-service industry. If you're looking for a software to minimize the hassle and paperwork that comes with running your own business, HouseCall’s mobile applications and software can meet your needs.

• Customer mobile app: HouseCall is the company’s mobile app for customers. Whether they need a handyman, babysitter or even a music instructor, consumers can find highly-rated home service professionals from their mobile device. People can message professionals, schedule service at their convenience, get notified with an ETA on a live map when the professional is on the way and pay with a credit card all from the mobile app.

• Company operations platform: HouseCall Pro is the company’s business operations platform. It eliminates the paperwork side of running a business as well as keep customers in the loop. With HouseCall Pro owners can alert team members of scheduling and dispatching plans via the mobile app as well as utilize the live map feature to keep up-to-date on progress by knowing when employees arrive on a job site. Realizing homeowners would rather message a service professional than call them, HouseCall Pro has a live chat feature, allowing customers to communicate with team members.

• Support: HouseCall Pro provides phone and chat support, as well as an online help center that will walk consumers through features via video and articles. Their support staff will help business owners transition from running their business on paper to using their software.

• Pricing: HouseCall Pro offers annual, semi-annual and monthly packages. Annual fees start at $35 for one user and go to $179 for unlimited users and all features. Semi-annual and monthly packages start at $39 for one user and go to $199 for unlimited users and all features. Annual and semi-annual packages waive the $99 activation fee. Consumers can check online for a full list of features included in each package.

• Live demos: Business owners can book live demos online to get a feel for how the software works. Simply fill out basic information, company name and the number of employees and HouseCall Pro will set up time that works best.

• Best for: Business owners in the home servicing industry looking for a user-friendly management platform as well as consumers needing a home-service professional.

Profile picture of Shelley Elmblad
    Shelley Elmblad Financial Software Contributing Editor

Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

HouseCall Pro Company Information