Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

One of the techs that I hired at the very beginning of the company was telling me that the company he used to work for used HouseCall Pro, so I went online and checked it out. I've been on this business all my life and I've used other companies, but they have been much harder than what this is. So I like HouseCall Pro better. I've had it for almost a year now and it's more user-friendly. Setting up my business with it was pretty easy.

I made a mistake one time. They called me up and I ripped on this poor kid, cussed him out and hung up on him. I thought it was another lead generation company that sounds like HouseCall Pro and I got the two confused in the beginning. It was my fault so, I called up and apologized. But the team I work with has been really helpful and I use all of HouseCall's features except the banking because I got my own banking, I do my own credit cards and I got my own merchant account. The only issue is when you upload documents or pictures, it takes much longer than other programs do, but it's still a pretty decent program.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We came across HouseCall Pro in search of a system that we could use for dispatching our service techs and having them invoice their estimate on site using their phone or iPads. We've been using HouseCall for less than a year now. So far we have our little problems that were trying to narrow down. One of them is that the system is not set up to operate on the iPad, only on a phone. If it was set up for iPad, I can use the landscape mode and it would be a big improvement for us. Another problem I have is when we are writing up invoices or estimates, we cannot add lines in between lines if I've missed something in a category. I have to cut and paste everything down to a lower line and then go back.

We've now transferred to using the scheduling 100%, and we like it. Some of our jobs are more than one day and some are a week long. It would be nice if we could put a schedule from Monday 'til Friday. We can do that but the problem is it doesn't show up in my technician's calendar. Our guys check and go by their schedule, and we learned really fast that if we schedule to span a week, it only shows up on day one. We have to input it every time.

Overall, it has been a positive experience. We're just getting ready to start trying to use the postcards and email blasts. I also noticed one of the new things was the online booking that will also work with Yelp. We're going to start using it probably this week. I was recently looking at some of HouseCall's competitors and I didn't go with them because they didn't offer anything else HouseCall offers and their reviews were low. Some of the complaints were complaints that I didn't want to deal with. HouseCall has good reviews and it looks like they're making efforts to improve so that's good. Definitely, I get a lot of bang for my buck. For the cost, it does a lot.

HouseCall Pro

Katina! Thank's for taking the time to do a review! We really appreciate it! You can chat in and request features be added! Don't be shy!

Original review: March 20, 2017

Setting up my business with Housecall Pro was easy. Their team was knowledgeable and friendly and they were able to answer all of my questions. Since then I've been using them for dispatching. Moreover, I like that I am able to access and control my business transactions anytime and from anywhere. However, there are several features that aren't in the system yet that I do like. We can't adopt it to what we need it for as easily as the other stuff where we use Pro previously. Nevertheless, we can find our history now when before we weren't able to.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Since June of last year, we've been using HouseCall Pro and they were great when we set up our business with them. Everybody's been gracious too. We use the scheduling feature the most and I love it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We only use HouseCall Pro for scheduling with our clients and sending off the invoices. We have been using them for over six months now and the process of setting them up with my business was fairly easy. But, I don't like charging our customers through HouseCall Pro because of the way they deduct the fee before it goes into my account. It's hard for me to calculate the fee if I have multiple customers that pay at the same time. Whereas, we use QuickBooks because they do a separate charge, and that works a lot better for us.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HouseCall Pro?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our HouseCall Pro system is easy to use. We just updated it and it's working great for the company. Although I had some issues when I set it up because I didn't know the program, but it was self-explanatory. And if I had any questions, I just asked and they're very quick on responding back. They had another program, which is the ability to categorize by our type of business wherein one could click on door opener and then it would give me the parts and would go right in the system instead of us manually writing them. The system works fine and I would recommend HouseCall Pro to a friend.

HouseCall Pro

Sharlene! We are so glad that you're part of the HCP family! If you ever get hung up on an update or run into an issue, feel free to reach out and get some assistance! Keep it up nonetheless!

Original review: March 15, 2017

We started using HouseCall Pro in February of 2016. I was researching online when I was looking into QuickBooks because I wanted to see what could possibly connect with that as far as our program for scheduling jobs, and I found them. It was a nice transition setting up. I do know that throughout the year, though, they tend to do some upgrades. And the upgrades throw us off a bit because sometimes they might change different ways of doing things or what we used to have just disappeared. It's no longer being used. Other than that, it's okay. My interaction with their team was good. Anytime I call, they're very helpful. So, it’s been positive.

We use their system for dashboard, schedules, estimates and invoices. It's much more convenient being able to access and control our business transactions at any time, anywhere. However, given the fact that it's like an office program that can be used with regards to technicians, they should cut back on some things that they allow the technicians to see. With the new update and features, the technicians can see the total amount of money that’s owed to the company and that’s too much intrusive. They shouldn’t be able to see that. Nonetheless, our business is more organized now, and easier to access and get information anywhere, which is amazing. Before, you had to go to the office to get the information. So, with that, it's been very helpful.

Resolution In Progress

HouseCall Pro

Amy! So sorry to see you go! Hopefully we can win you back as a customer in the future. I hope to continue to succeed as a business!

Original review: March 14, 2017

We used HouseCall Pro for two or three months but we don't use it anymore because it messed up my QuickBooks. We got the new QuickBooks online just like we were told we were supposed to, but it kept changing the tax code. It would throw it off by a penny. Although it was right in HouseCall Pro, when it went over to QuickBooks, it was off by a penny on every single one of our accounts. And they couldn't figure out how to fix that. And so, we had to cancel it. I've called them many times and their reps were always very helpful and wonderful. We use the scheduling and technician updates the most wherein they see their schedule right away. It's a great app and easy to use. It has fantastic potential but they have to get it fixed. If it messes up the accounting system, then it's really not helping anybody.

HouseCall Pro

Estrella! That's amazing to hear! Thanks for the 5 star review!! I'm glad you are able to finally go paperless! Keep up the amazing work!

Original review: March 12, 2017

We have our little incident where things aren't showing the way they should, but that’s on our end because we didn’t fully read the instructions. Other than that, I truly find HouseCall Pro as a blessing. It's so much easier. We were just doing regular paper invoices before we had HouseCall Pro. It eliminates the paper, and I get to email the customer straight from there. The people at HouseCall Pro have been very helpful. Every time that I have a question, they're more than happy to help me. I like that they have a little chat button because I don’t have to call. I just have to press that little chat button, type and wait for the rep’s response while I'm still doing things. It's better than having to wait on hold. So usually in less than five minutes somebody is already helping me.

We could also download HouseCall on our phones and we communicate through our phone. I love it because I don’t have to be in the office to know when my guys are done especially on a Saturday. We use to have technicians go out, give a quote, still have to come in the office, and write it nicely. But now, it's like here's an estimate, this is what you're going for, fill it out and they could turn around and email it right from their phone. Our turnover time is tremendous.

HouseCall Pro

Rhonda! We try and make everything as easy as possible for you guys! Keep up the amazing work! Thanks for the amazing 5 star review!

Original review: March 7, 2017

We've been using HouseCall Pro, mainly for invoicing and scheduling, since June of 2016. We're happy with it because the Help, technical support, and account manager have been great. We love the Help button that we can just press and ask a quick question. If the account manager is not available, anyone else there can help.

The other thing is that the program has been user-friendly for everybody to learn; a lot of us are not very tech-savvy. There are 13 of us that are using it. We also have our techs out in the field using HouseCall Pro. They are doing really well with it and they're younger. But even older people like us are working with it pretty good. It's easier than I thought it was going to be.

The HouseCall Pro team is very quick to get back to us even if they are busy. For example, if we send an email and don't get a response, we can just call them for help. Also, I love being able to access and control business transactions anytime from anywhere. I'm the office manager and I do a lot of work at home. And if my co-workers have any trouble, I can log in from my laptop or my phone to help them. In fact, we have recommended HouseCall Pro to three other companies. We are happy using it and we're going to renew in June.

HouseCall Pro

Ashley! It's awesome to hear that you have taken advantage of the webinars and trainings! We are here to help you! Thanks for the review!

Original review: March 6, 2017

Setting up with HouseCall Pro was simple. We did it through their representative and they walked me through everything. We also had a couple of tutorial online sessions or training and if I had any questions, I message them through chat and they get back to me as soon as possible. I use the scheduling and billing features and it's been easy for us to handle all of our customers in billing and receipts. It's been a great experience and it's great for our business.

HouseCall Pro

Hi Lisa! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an amazing review! Seeing this really excites us back at the office! Keep up the amazing work!

Original review: March 6, 2017

I was searching for a program that will help a growing business. They walked us through the whole program and my boss and myself absolutely loved it. We signed up right after the presentation. It's very easy to navigate through the program, and is compatible to Androids and IPHONES... The best thing is the online help that they provide. There has been a few times where I ran into an issue and it, YOU DON'T HAVE TO WAIT, they respond to you in minutes. I am VERY HAPPY WITH THE SERVICE THEY PROVIDE!!!

HouseCall Pro

Barrett! We are so glad to hear that the software is really helping you out! Keep it up! Thanks for the review!

Original review: March 5, 2017

Setting up HouseCall Pro was fairly simple and easy. Everybody was nice and friendly and they answered all my questions. I use the scheduling feature and it's nice. We've had it for six months and so far, it's been a good experience.

HouseCall Pro

Ashley! That is so great to hear! It's always wonderful hearing from our happy Pros! Keep up the amazing work!

Original review: March 3, 2017

HouseCall is way better compared to my previous provider. It's been easier for my workers to navigate jobs. A lot of our workers have it on their cellphones and tablets, so it’s been pretty accessible. If we have any questions, we just hit the Help button and we've been communicating online directly. They’re easy to get a hold of. They usually get back to us probably within a minute or two. We’ve got a lot busier, and it’s easier to send contracts to customers through HouseCall Pros, and it’s easy for them to just send an email back to us saying that they approve it, so it’s more effective in getting the job done faster. It’s been perfect and works extremely well as it is.

HouseCall Pro

Christina! Thanks a ton for the amazing 5 star review! Thank you for your continued support! Keep it up!

Original review: March 2, 2017

I have been using HouseCall Pro since October. We switched to HouseCall Pro because with them, we were able to access and control our business transactions anytime. They're completely up-to-date technology-wise versus our old service. However, it's a little more difficult setting up my business with HouseCall Pro because our old provider did not want to release us. But, HouseCall Pro was very helpful and knowledgeable about getting our customer database over.

They have an answer and question thing right there on the question mark on the top of the screen where their chat is and they usually answer us back within five minutes. Anything that they don't know they always find out and they follow that up with us. So, it's great. We use every feature of HouseCall Pro like scheduling and invoicing. Our guys love it and we get positive feedback. Our customers love that they receive a text when our technician is on the way and we would not be able to do that if it was not from the software. They are probably the best service provider that we've had.

Setting up with HouseCall was fast and wasn't too complicated. If there were questions that I couldn't find information on, the reps were very easy to talk to in chat or on email several times. My business manager does more interaction with them and he's always had fast response. Also, they've always been very helpful and open to suggestions that we've had.

It's been great using the app and I can get all the information on there. For the invoicing, it automatically sends out those reminder emails two days prior and that's a big feature that we appreciated. The system also made it more efficient for both my business manager and I to communicate and have that database. I found out I don’t log into QuickBooks other than the weekly reports so it's been helpful for us to go back and we can easily see who has paid or who hasn't and look up the schedule. It has definitely cut down time.

However, they don't have a vacation request time on and time off. I have to manually make it as an event. That feature would be helpful for my employees to be able to go in and say they want some time off, then I can approve or not approve it and it automatically blocks them from being scheduled. Also, the biggest struggle that we've had as a whole team is having a time-tracker. The system has a schedule where people clock in and clock out and when I work with one client, I use the feature where it says "on your way to client" and clock out when I'm done. That's where we're able to track the team's hours but we've disenabled it so that the clients don't get that information.

It would be helpful if we had a separate option where every team member that's on the home is able to click. Now, we have to go back and have a written piece of paper in our folders that if somebody runs late or they've come to help, they don't get paid for the hours they're not working. It can be messy when it's only one person who’s able to click "finish" or "start". Other than that, HouseCall Pro is a great software with a lot to offer and they're fast and efficient.

HouseCall Pro

Jim! Thanks for the amazing review! Way to make use of our amazing customer support team! Keep it up!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

We've been using HouseCall Pro for 10 months and we like their program. Initially, we had checked other companies but they didn't do the job for us, so we went with HouseCall Pro and it managed to get the results. The set up was easy and I figured out most of it myself. If I had a question, they would answer it and stepped me through it. I only had one question and they got results fairly fast! In addition, I like that it works out of the box because it has integration into QuickBooks which is one of the few companies I work great with. I also like the scheduling and invoice. The techs can update the app on the phone and do billing from there. If we're not in the office, we can still check and see what's going on. More of the technicians are doing the invoices and processing payments which reduced some of the work, plus chasing people so, that's a big bonus. Also, I had a problem so I called their team and they got it answered right away. Everything works with HouseCall Pro.

HouseCall Pro

Hi Robin! Thank you so much for the 5 star review! We are so happy that you are loving the software!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

We're a heating and air conditioning company and we have service calls and different jobs. We were starting to get enough warranty issues that were not getting caught and I was here by myself. At that time, I didn't have any help and I would see the writing on the wall that we needed to get something that I couldn't manage. Because we were running, things fall through the cracks. Nothing was detrimental to our business, but it could have been.

I starting Googling and I talked with my accounting software people that I do all of my billing through and with a couple of other people too. HouseCall Pro popped up and I read the reviews and what they offered. We've been using them for about one year now for tracking and scheduling. With the program, we are better able to track our customers. For instance, we have hundreds of customers. Now, we're able to digitally go in, search a customer's name and it shows us all the details such the history of that customer, when we've been to their house, and how many times. Whereas, before it was a hard copy paper file, although we still have that.

Since it's only been almost a year, we haven't even touched everybody out there because sometimes people don't call for a couple of years. But it's so much more organized now. I've got a lady here that helps me now. She is here in the office part time and once in a while, she goes out and she'll look on HouseCall and see if there's a job that's still in progress, if it's scheduled or if it's a couple of months old. And she'll ask why that job is not done yet. Whereas, before we could have possibly missed it or its maybe wouldn't have gotten filled out. She can see it right there, 'cause you can search for that and the program will list up all of the jobs that are not completed. But usually, it's fine cause they are not done with it because there are parts that need to be ordered or we're waiting on something. But it's nice to have that little extra back up to show, "Okay, this is why this is still sitting out here."

HouseCall Pro

Julie! Thanks so much for taking the time to do such a wonderful review! We are so happy it's helping the operations of your business! Keep it up!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

We really like HouseCall Pro. We have them for three months and it's been an awesome experience using them. I was searching around the App Store and I found and contacted them. Their team was easy to get a hold of and they answer the questions quickly. Setting up my business with them went smoothly. I mostly use HouseCall Pro for just scheduling appointments, sending the invoices to the customer, and receiving the payments. I've noticed that customers like getting notifications that the appointment has been set and that once that they arrive for the appointment or that they are on their way. That's a nice feature.

It took a little longer than we thought to get the customer list. They had to download it and put it in. Also, it would be awesome that if we service a bunch of different areas, like three or four different areas and when we schedule those appointments, it would appear in a different color so that we can see where that location is for that customer.

HouseCall Pro

Eddie! It's so awesome to hear that you're happy! We love that back in the office! Continue to do great work!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

I have used HouseCall Pro for about eight months and it has helped me a lot. I could see everything from a glance on the dashboard, like how many estimates we've given and how much we've won. And that's one thing that I really wanted to go to in the New Year. I do see some flaws in the software. And every month or every week they send us updates to see what they have added and they're awesome, but I would like the software to improve a little bit more because we use it often.

HouseCall Pro is way better than Sajax, the service we used before. I would like to try to recommend HouseCall Pro to one of my cousins who has a business as well. The sales lady that I dealt with was awesome and helped us out a lot.

HouseCall Pro

Andrey! Thanks so much for the 5 star review! Keep up the great work!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2017

HouseCall Pro's customer service and sales team were great. We used to have QuickBooks but HouseCall Pro has an advantage on allowing the accounting department to see if everything is being sent and delivered to a customer which is an amazing functionality. It goes beyond the old QuickBooks’ method of sending something and just hoping it gets opened before it is received. So, it's wonderfully done. Setting the business up with HouseCall was easy. It's like setting up a social media account. They've already pre-loaded a lot of different line items into their programming, and it's just a matter of plug and play.

I like that they have the weekend hours. If there was any billing issue or any issue in payments being withheld, they get on top of it and take care of it. We mostly use their dispatching feature which allows us to tap into our schedule to see which slots we have available and decipher with a time-a-gram. They're also able to send direct invoicing after we dispatch the job and send every invoice and contract over to a client. We do not have to worry about followup or leaving it on a task list. It gets everything done. On the payment side, it allows us to know which jobs have been paid and which ones haven't. It’s like looking at a calendar and getting a really nice snapshot of it so we're not falling back. So far, our business process gets more streamlined. It's smoother and more reliable which increases the customer service as well as user experience for the customer.

HouseCall Pro

Ted! Thanks for the review! Reach out to our amazing customer support if you ever run into issue! Thanks again!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2017

Some friends use HouseCall Pro and we've been using them for seven months now. It has helped us do scheduling and employee management and sometimes payments. But, there's a downside where the dashboard is a little bit slow. If somebody calls me to schedule service, the syncing, downloading, reloading, and updating take too long. Other than that, we've never used tech support or customer service since it's a self-explanatory program. It's easy and faster to schedule and manage all customers as all customers are basically in one place so I can find any customers within six months ago by name or phone number.

HouseCall Pro

Steven! You're awesome! Thanks for the amazing review! We are happy that HCP is making you and your business is more efficient! Keep it up!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

It's been about nine months that I'm using HouseCall Pro and it's a way better than we had before. HouseCall Pro is by far the best. It just has very little glitches. Anytime we have issues, we'd pick up the phone and call and they help us. It was easy because they did everything for us. We sent them what we're looking for. They have a team that designs it and then they send it back to us. I utilize the scheduling, check in, check out, and the notes of jobs features. So, I've been able to keep track of billing and make guys up and feel more responsible for their work, versus relying on paperwork to come to the office that half a time never comes.

When customers call and have questions I'm able to pull the customer's notes up right away and find out what was found and you can attach pictures to it. It's like you're on the job, but you're not there. It would be nice to see if they offer a GPS tracking as well.

HouseCall Pro

Ron! Thanks for taking the time to do a review! We greatly appreciate it. It's always great hearing feedback, so we can better ourselves as a company! Don't be shy, chat in any time!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

We've been using HouseCall Pro app for our billing for six months. Setting it up wasn't too difficult. There are little limitations to it, but it's pretty much geared towards our residential service call, billing. The team over at HouseCall Pro were responsive. They are all online guys and techy. The only thing we don't like is you can only use it for the online version. So, you have to use QuickBooks online.

HouseCall Pro

Lydia! You're awesome! Thank you so much for the 5 star review! Keep it up!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

I've been using HouseCall Pro for eight months now and it's much better than the program I used prior, which is Wintac. Setting up HouseCall was very easy. A salesperson contacted us at our office and explained how it worked and we went from there. Their team was awesome. If I have a question, I can speak to them online and they answer my questions really quick. We love Housecall. We use pretty much all of its features, including the invoicing, scheduling, and estimates. Our techs on the field like it, too. It's easy and user-friendly for them, and it makes it a lot easy for us. Now, the techs are able to invoice and put in their notes while they are out on the field. The people can pay online right there with a credit card. It's really beneficial. I would definitely recommend them.

HouseCall Pro

Hi Cindy! Thanks for taking the time to do a review for us! We greatly appreciate it. It means so much! I'm glad you're using the software to its best ability!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

I've had HouseCall Pro since September and I like it so far. We used to have Wintac, but using the HouseCall is easy. We use it for scheduling and payments. It's good that we can access and control the system of our business and transactions anytime. I would recommend them.

HouseCall Pro

Joshua! Thank you for taking the time to do a review! We love the wonderful feedback you gave! We are going to do our best to win your 5 star review!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2017

HouseCall Pro was designed for real world applications. It's a simple program, easy to pick up on, and has very easy functions. It was the most put together compared to the other applications that we used. However, because we have a lot of customers, we had to go in there and put in all the information for every single job. So for me, all of a sudden, I dealt with 8 to 120 jobs a day. So there should be a way to set it up so that instead of going in and inputting all information, one could go in and select that job and input it where it's needed. That way, it would save a lot of time on actually setting up each individual job.

HouseCall Pro

Hi Hope! Thanks so much for an amazing review! We pride ourselves on our amazing customer support! Thanks for the 5 star review!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2017

We like the system of HouseCall Pro because it does everything that we need to do for our business. We use everything except the online bookings. Also, interacting with their team has been great. They're really prompt with their responses, are easy to get a hold of and they have an answer for questions that we present. Our customers are also pleased because it makes things really easy on their end. But there are still little things we would like to see put into play. Whenever we have something that we think would be nice if the program could provide for us, we actually take that to HouseCall Pro, and they always let us know if those things are going to be in the works soon or if it's something that is going to take a while. They give us an idea of what we need to do as a business. Nevertheless, our business is growing and the system is growing with it. So far, it's working out well for us. I would recommend them.

HouseCall Pro

Shauna! Thanks for the 5 star review! We love that you are using the system to it's best ability! Keep up the amazing work! Thanks again!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

We've been using HouseCall Pro for dispatching and call-taking since October. Setting up the business with them was easy and their reps were very helpful. It's nice and convenient to have the ability to email a customer an invoice and have them pay from it. But we don't use it very often because we did paper invoices in the field. Nevertheless, it makes everything really nice and it integrates really well with QuickBooks to where I don't have to do anything at all. It does it all automatically for me. So far, everything's been working well.

HouseCall Pro

Hi Michele! Thank you so much for your 5 star review!! We love that you are really using our application! That's awesome! Keep it up!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

I had signed up for some other service and we were having problems with it. I saw HouseCall Pro and immediately switched over. It was easy setting it up. Their guys were so easy to work with and we didn't have any problems whatsoever. The features are all integrated. We utilize the dispatching, scheduling and invoicing. I can be anywhere and log on. Since the installation a year and a half ago, we're definitely more streamlined and have a center point for everybody to be able to see one job. Along with such a great product, they truly have amazing customer service. With the digital age, they are constantly keeping up with everything. I'm on their Facebook page and I see them interacting with the customers and always wanting to keep up to date. And that's very appreciated from someone who does not know much about the back end on digital stuff. It seems like they're constantly on it.

HouseCall Pro Company Profile