4.54/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Housecall Pro is a cloud-based service business management app designed to automate cumbersome business processes and workflows. This solution includes an award winning mobile app and complementary Web portal and serves every type of service business out there!

Housecall Pro allows companies to forego paperwork in favor of digital automation. It offers features such as job scheduling, dispatching, payment processing, estimates, automated receipts and invoices, customer notifications, company chat, as well as postcard and email marketing automation.

Customers can book services via the Housecall mobile app, Facebook, Yelp, and personal websites, communicate through a centralized messaging system and make online payments.

The mobile app can be accessed on both Android and iOS devices. There is a free version for single owner/operators, which offers many of the core features of the paid version. Premium pricing is based on the number of users, and an enterprise license is also available.

This solution is available across the U.S. and Canada.

Housecall Pro Gallery (6)
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 19, 2017

173 HouseCall Pro Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

The HouseCall Pro team really makes sure that their product is working for you and they're always available to guide you while you're getting familiar with their business tools. HouseCall Pro provides easy to use product and professional presentation with the best in commitment to mutual success. I'm impressed with their thorough customer service, and my customers are impressed with the quality I'm able to present. Thanks guys!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I am sincerely am mind blown by this CRM. I feel like it was built for my business. Also, it is so easy to use, that I feel like I already master it. The only thing is that in Quebec we speak French and it would be good that we could do basic customs of text in invoice and estimate.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

We have been using HouseCall Pro from its early inception, and I can't say enough good things about the program itself, but more importantly the team who's designed it. The program is easy to navigate, has tons of features, and for a business owner presents a very professional perspective to your clients. Behind the scenes is a team of people, always only a chat away to helping you navigate any question you have. Anytime I reach out to Chris, Co-founder, Engineer, and Chief Customer Officer, he responds immediately and aids me in any question I have to better understand the program. And if I can't figure it out, he figures it out for me. If you're looking for a high-quality program to use for your business, I highly recommend HouseCall Pro.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

Took a few days to get used to using HouseCall instead of the programs I have been using but once I got used to using it, it makes life easier!! And when I grow my business to multiple trucks HouseCall can expand with me, it's great.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

HCP has been a great investment for us. There are so many features we cannot possibly name them all here. AND, they are constantly adding new features without charging us more. Customer service is super easy to get a hold of and they are quick to fix any issues. We are a small service company and use HCP for our day to day operations. Our customers love the text messages and emails. We also can keep great track of where our guys are and what jobs they’ve completed. Invoicing is super easy and your accountant will thank you. We look like a big company and there's only 4 of us!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Housecall Pro?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

HOUSECALL IS BY FAR THE MOST ROBUST, POWER PACKED BUSINESS MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE I HAVE USED TO DATE! (AND I've used many others!) They are excellent at Responding to the feedback of their clients, for example I've mentioned several vital features it needed and within a few weeks it was implemented! I really do hope they continue this trend though because sometimes when a company gets big enough, they get comfortable with their growth and they feel like they don't have to rely on their customers as much and start to put important features on the back burner. Or perhaps a feature is very important but no one thinks of it yet, and since only 1 customer is asking for it, they decide it's not important enough to consider adding it. Instead they should look at the intrinsic value of the feature all on its own and the fact that everyone could benefit from it (Even if they haven't thought of it yet).

**A FEW ISSUES THAT WE ARE HAVING (Not necessarily with House-Call, but certainly an issue that House Call could solve.) #1 ISSUE: We are using (2) separate Calendars to manage our Jobs (Google Calendar & HCP Calendar) which creates a lot of redundancy and synching of information resulting in lost proficiency. REASON: Because like most service related business dealing with the public, we have constant changes, price adjustments, re-scheduling, and updating of notes for each job prior to scheduling. 1st and foremost we have a permanent Customer TEMPLATE that we use in Google Calendar to fill in customer DATA, which is fluid, quick and easy way to add or edit notes on the fly. House Call is a little cumbersome when it comes to the having the ability to see the notes you need to see, when you need to see it, and the ability to quickly open it up and Edit on the FLY.

We attempted to go cold turkey and use HCP For all this but what happened was we had a completely Sloppy, unorganized accounting department. We didn't know who was paid, who wasn't paid, with tons of jobs just floating and clogging up the system. This is because 95% of our jobs are in the pre-stages of scheduling: Pending/Waiting for a Callback/Left a message/Sent email/Rescheduled/Canceled/Need to move ETC. before they are officially scheduled which creates a smorgasbord of confusion. In order to have a nice & neat operating system for scheduling jobs on House Call calendar your Jobs can only fall into (2) category's; SCHEDULED OR UNSCHEDULED.

**SOLUTION: Have a carbon copy of Google calendar as your Rough Draft Calendar & an official House Call Calendar on a "Toggle Switch." The HCP-Carbon Copy-Google Calendar would function as "scratch paper" to have all your floating jobs & notes and then when a Job is Officially Confirmed (Green lighted) you Click on "Copy to Official HCP Calendar" and now you have the best of both worlds. An easy, On the Fly way to add Job details for a new customer still in the pre-stages of scheduling and then the ability to make it official once the job is confirmed and all relevant notes are concise and finalized. This would prevent clogging up the accounting side of house call with tons of Confusing "pending/ ever-changing" information while giving you a quick, easy to access on the fly Google-like calendar for all the stuff that is still floating and not official.

We are basically using Google Calendar now as our scratch paper and then when a job is finalized, and all the job notes are finalized, and the job is a green light we transfer all the details into HOUSE CALL. This is the only way to keep your accounting in order, otherwise we are out of business very soon. It's a very arduous, tedious way of accounting, but we couldn't do it any other way unless a feature like this is made available in HCP. This would be a feature everyone could benefit from and it's not as big of a request as it might sound, because HCP has a Toggle switch in play at this very moment in order to switch back and forth from an OLDER Version of the Customer overview, and the new version they have rolled out (Which is TERRIFIC By the way).

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

We have been in business since 2015 and came in before apps and computer programs were really a thing (think lots of paper invoices). A few years ago we started looking for an all in one program that would fit our HVAC company but could never find anything affordable or worthwhile. We finally came across House Call Pro and it was an instant fit. The program itself is awesome, but above all of that, their people are awesome and that makes it worth every single penny. If you ever have a problem or a new idea, they have the most awesome support out there and are willing to listen and improve upon. You aren't just a number or another customer, you are a friend and a person to them and that has made all of the difference when doing business with them. Keep up the good work guys! Can't wait to see what you come out with in the future!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

I have been using HouseCall Pro for a few years now, for my carpet and upholstery cleaning business. Prior to using them, I was doing everything manually in a calendar, customer cards, Quickbooks, etc. With HouseCall Pro, I am able to input all my customer information, send out job reminders, take credit card transactions, send accounting information directly to Quickbooks and much more! This allows me to run my business more efficiently and look professional, compared to some of my competitors.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I had paid for a house cleaning as well as cleaning of my windows last night. The house cleaning was done just fine, nothing spectacular but serviceable. I noticed in the morning that the windows had clearly not been cleaned. I contacted the company to tell them what had happened, and they said they would offer no refund or recleaning. I asked only for a refund of the extra money spent on having the windows cleaned. They then accused me of lying. I sent them pictures of a paper towel before and after wiping on the window, and I was accused of getting the dirt from somewhere else. Really disappointing that they will not even own up to the fact that the cleaning was either not done or not done in a satisfactory manner.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

Every time I've needed support, I've received it in a timely and concise manner. The team easily identifies the problem and provides me with a solution. As a small business owner, this is a great group of people to work with on the backend of scheduling your business employees or contractors.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

HouseCall Pro is a company you can trust. We appreciate their customer-centric mindset, hard work, and dedication to success. Every time we have called in with a question a team member is quick to respond. The software has improved our system as it allows us to easily communicate with our customers and team making it easy to schedule appointments and avoid errors. We highly recommend!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I was using the system called The Customer Factor before and then I used HouseCall Pro last summer for two months just to test it out. I was using it for CRM, scheduling invoicing. Setting it up went well. Their interface was a little more user-friendly and it had really good features. But I didn’t fully switch over because we were so integrated with the other one. And I sold my business, so it makes sense to switch things over when I’m selling it. In the end, the business probably would have been a little more organized because I can use tags to categorize different clients. I also thought the mobile app for the customers was a good idea. And, it’s a must to access and control the business transactions anytime anywhere. HouseCall Pro was a really good program and I had recommended it to lots of people.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

I used HouseCall Pro for a couple of years. When I first signed up, I was set-up for a month, talking to someone about my experience. Setting their system up for my business was good and easy. I mostly use the scheduling and sending invoices. It was easier to let employees know what we had going on since having HouseCall Pro. However, the business that I used it with no longer operates. But I enjoyed it a lot and it's smooth. It was a very nice app and it was great while I used it.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

We are in the heat and air conditioning business and we needed something for mobile. We went online and did all our research on HouseCall Pro with different companies out there. Cost was the biggest factor on why we chose them, as well as the ability to have multiple users. Setting up with them was the easiest we ever had with anything. We only had to do a few information about the company and the lady, Amber, did everything for us. We've had them for two years now and we usually do all our business with them through email.

We like that HouseCall Pro’s software enables us to email or text customers and let them know we're on the way to their house. It gives the customers a little peace of mind knowing that we have the confidence to let them know that and they don't have to stay there all day waiting for us. Also, everything about the billing is done online and instantaneously. We bill customers right there while the service is being done. It eases out the paperwork and we don't have to have the guys bringing the paperwork everyday. The customers got the bill so there's no going back to the office and having to submit an invoice to the customers two to three days later, then they sign and send it. The process cuts out five days so now, instead of waiting 30 plus 5 days, we're just waiting 30 days to get paid.

HouseCall Pro makes the billing process more efficient, too. A lot of times it's hard to read the invoices when the guys write them but having them electronically saves us a phone call trying to figure out what are we billing for. Another thing is that we can create different blind items based on a job, which is great. For example, if we're going to do a welding job we can incorporate welding materials or miscellaneous materials instead of a base number for that. Before we wouldn't charge for that because nobody thought about it. In that sense, we’re able to bill for everything that is on the invoice and our sales have gone up. We’d recommend them.

Original review: July 28, 2017

I’m a locksmith and I’ve been with HouseCall Pro for about 4 years. In my field, HouseCall is much more expensive than other options but they provide me more work. Their team members are very professional as far as the technology and they’re very good with knowing what to do as far as the setup to make the app or the system comfortable to the end user and for the service provider. And then they were advertising and people who needed the service of the locksmith are contacting me. I used to use credit card processor but now I get payments directly through my bank.

Original review: July 26, 2017

I've been using HouseCall Pro for about two years now. I knew them from Facebook after other carpet cleaners talked about them. It helps in keeping me a little more organized. And I can also use their services to send out alerts to customers that I'm coming. I use their credit card processing the most. I went with them because a lot of people in my industry were using them and the credit processing was a little cheaper. It was easy to set up and they were very helpful if I had any questions. I once called one of the guys to do my credit card processing and he was extremely helpful. It took just a couple of minutes to get everything up and running. I would definitely recommend it.

Original review: July 22, 2017

From ESC and we’re now with Housecall. We started up for the Hilltop portion on April 1st and our Ocean Park was March 17th. It’s quite a bit better on certain things, some would be a really big improvement. With ESC before, we couldn’t attach photos. It would be nice if the photos came up on every invoice instead of just on that specific one. ‘Cause how we do business is, we record the model and serial number but in some cases, we may go to a job eight times so now if you click on “view customer”, you can go through quite quickly and look at the pictures. It’d be nice if it just automatically came up. That’s one thing but, I do like that feature there. The other thing that the other system had that HouseCall Pro doesn’t is that it allowed you to put two phone numbers down. And to only have an option for one mobile device, it sometimes makes things more confusing for the service guys going out.

Dustin, the business owner, set the system up and he said it was straightforward and quite simple to do so. He was quite happy with the ease of it. With my experience, reps have been pretty good overall. We mainly do the booking, invoicing, we do material needed and payments and through HouseCall Pro. For collections, it’s a lot more manageable. We’re finding, we’re having less money owed because the guys are collecting right on site. And it’s quite easy to navigate through and find out who owes us money and potentially, just send them an email and they can pay online which is definitely a big plus. I’ve also used the chat but not a lot. Some of the guys have used it too and they seem pretty happy with it. I once tried to use the map feature, to get directions with HouseCall Pro and I wasn’t successful with it. Probably it’s ‘cause I haven’t used it enough. Ideally, we’d like to do everything through HouseCall Pro.

For the dispatching, it would be nice if there was a way that to set-up reminders and alarms in the calendar. ‘Cause what happens is, we’ll have guys on site, they’re doing their work and say, their next call’s at one o’clock and they don’t know what time it is because they haven’t looked at their phone. And other than that, there was a picture thing which I know they’re working on. We get lots of strata or property management companies that could have anywhere from 5 to 40 properties and it’d be nice to set them all up, somehow set them up a little bit more streamlined. ‘Cause when I add a customer or I add another address, it keeps coming up on the screen.

Also, the extension numbers for phone calls could be better. Unfortunately, I have one property management group that has six different people that are attached to their property management team so, it’s incredibly difficult with the space provided for extra contact names and numbers. ‘Cause right now, there’s only spot for one email where we have three different people that want emails every time we send a job or an invoice out.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I've basically used HouseCall Pro's billing feature for the last six months . My overall experience with them, including setting up my business, has been okay for the most part. However, I'll probably be getting rid of them in the next six months since they're just not for me.

Original review: July 20, 2017

I used HouseCall Pro for a while. However, their pricing was too high and the turnaround for me to get my money was too long. In the beginning, I enjoyed speedy calls. Everybody was quick to respond to me. However, once I got in, I couldn't hear from anyone. I tried to reach out to them and their representatives said they'll get back to me. Furthermore, it would take a longer time for them to reach out to me when I needed something done. I don't get help immediately like I would want to. I stopped using it.

Original review: July 17, 2017

Our experience with HouseCall Pro has been wonderful! The features are extensive and very easy to use. We also use the app for every employee so we can stay connected on how each job is going. Using this product has made a very positive change in the company and I definitely recommend it to others!

Original review: July 15, 2017

HouseCall Pro is a nice program and I've been using it for two years. I use the app to let myself look in the information of my people and to know where their appointments are. The app shows them the picture of the house that they're going to and gives them directions. It's a real easy way to be able to do it versus sending text back and forth.

Setting up with HouseCall Pro was very easy. They sent an individual person to take a look at my business and at that time, they were going through a change in their pricing policy. Before their policy became policy, their rep set me up on their service. I'm glad she did because they ended up not going with that policy and the software would've been a lot more expensive. So she did me right then stuck by what she had said. I also called in once or twice, needing help with the technical side and their reps took care of everything. Overall, they're a better value than anybody else I was able to find when I was looking. Their pricing for my business structure is also very reasonable. I have about 20 salespeople and in comparison to Salesforce, which is another program I looked at, I pay for 20 people what I would've paid for one person with Salesforce.

Original review: July 14, 2017

We have another billing software and we've used that straight through. We continue to use it today, however it doesn’t fully meet our needs. We thought that HouseCall Pro could fill the gaps of our other software, but it did not. We didn't even use it for a month and we haven't used it for about six months now. Basically, it never took and the other staff didn’t like it. It’s not industry-specific to the moving industry and they didn’t tell me it was a little more tailor-fit.

The salespeople were too pushy and not really there in our best interest. They were obviously there in HouseCall Pro’s best interest. But the team was overall very nice. They were more than happy to set up demos and if a demo ran a little long on the day where they didn’t have an appointment scheduled, they were happy to stay with us. Set up wasn’t difficult. However, it’s very difficult in the moving industry to get all the movers and office staff in one place at one time. The only time we were actually able to do that, the demo tech had another demo scheduled and couldn’t stay late and answer questions. So she basically showed us whatever she had to show us and then she was off.

We were left here without really knowing what to do and without having answers to our industry-specific questions. We tried using it and put sample moves there but we never ended up using it. The guys weren’t happy with it. The office wasn’t happy with it. It’s a good product but at the end of the day, it just wasn’t for us. When we discovered that, all the promises of risk-free trials were out the door. When we asked for a refund, we were told that they could give us a partial refund, which was crappy. We had an overall negative experience.

Original review: July 9, 2017

I signed up with HouseCall Pro six months ago. The reps are professional and courteous but I don't like that they didn’t explain that the customer would have to sign up with HouseCall Pro in order to receive their invoice or email. It got difficult for them. That was not something I understood to happen in the first place but it did. I would have stuck with them longer if not have been for that. But other than that, everything else worked out okay. I tried to use the scheduling and it did notify customers that we were coming out, which was a plus for a couple of times that went through to them.

Original review: July 8, 2017

My father was doing a research on billing providers and the HouseCall Pro guy who we initially talked to was very thorough in explaining how everything worked and he made it seem simple to operate it so we decided to get it. So far, we've always been in contact with the same person and every time I had a question or a concern, he was thorough and attentive. I could even call him any time throughout the day and he'll walk me step-by-step through anything I needed, and we got it figured out within a matter of seconds. Any problem I had, he took care of it. We've had HouseCall Pro for a couple of months now. I mostly use the online payment for my customers wherein I just send them the invoice and they can pay online before I even get to or after I leave the job. It has created a bit more organization within my business which made a few of my day-to-day task easier. I'm very pleased with their service.

Original review: July 6, 2017

We used Intuit Quickbooks to set up appointments while we used Square for doing our billing, invoices and payments. We switched over to HouseCall Pro because we wanted something where we'd be able to set appointments up and have it into a calendar and be able to do billing as well. We've been using them for a year and it's working well for us. Doing the invoice is easy. We invoice before we walk out of the doors. Also, we've started using the time clock. If an employee forgets to turn it off, it will continue to run. Then it will log him out and log him back on at midnight, and we can change that on the computer. Also, it's always been great anytime we've had any contact with the HouseCall team. They're on top of things and they call us back. They also get us quick information. They look at things and tell us what we need to do or what they are going to do.

However, we were not able to import the information from Quickbooks into HouseCall Pro in a convenient way. Also, there is a glitch in the system where we're not getting emails. We don't get a notification when we send an invoice electronically through email. We just see that our bill is paid when we look at our past bills. Another thing is it takes too long to get paid through them. It takes two to three days. We have one that just went through, and the guy paid on Sunday night and we still haven't received payment for it. I understand there's processing time but it's longer than with other devices we've used.

Original review: July 5, 2017

The convenience of HouseCall Pro is awesome. I like being able to schedule a call from wherever I'm at. I also like being able to see where all of the technicians are. HouseCall Pro tells me the schedule better than the last summer when I didn't know how long the guys were on the jobs. With HouseCall Pro, I could see how the technicians are doing - whether they are behind, on schedule, or ahead of schedule. So, that's been good. I also like that it texts the customers and lets them know when the technicians are on their way. I got a lot of good feedback from customers about that.

I tried to use the email feature but not very many people open the email, and I was kind of disappointed about that. Most of the times, when I'm asking customers their email addresses when they call in, they are reluctant to give it to me. So, the email feature has not gone well like I wanted it to. And though I don't know how much is the cost gonna be per postcard, I'm hoping they get a chance to use the postcard feature because that's something I've been wanting to do for a while.

Also, there are some things about the app that I don't know how to resolve. I'm having a hard time figuring out how to put the customer information into HouseCall Pro so that it matches up with the information in Quickbooks online. I have done the sync and have sent my Quickbooks account with my HouseCall Pro account, but the displays are different. HouseCall Pro is creating a second account in Quickbooks for customers who already have accounts. HouseCall Pro thinks that it's a different customer all together. And then, I've got multiple customer accounts before I know it. That has been one of the biggest struggles that I have.

Additionally, I originally thought how cool it would be to completely get away with paper invoices but I had found that's not gonna happen because of our industry. Because we have to have paper invoices, my husband and my technicians are not on board with filling the amount on the iPad as well. So, the paper invoice is not matching up with the HouseCall Pro invoice and that’s a problem. Another problem is in order to use the HouseCall Pro app to take a credit card from the customer, I have to go through strut. I can't use the Quickbooks GoPay like I always do and I get a better rate through my Quickbooks GoPay. So for a lot of the jobs, to show that it's been paid, I have to delete the job all together off the dashboard for the HouseCall Pro and then go into Quickbooks and create it and take the payment that way.

Another thing, the information from HouseCall Pro is synced over to Quickbooks, but the notes aren’t. If I put any kind of notes or if I take pictures of the job, HouseCall Pro won't send the pictures over to my Quickbooks file as an attachment. So I have to go in, put the pictures on the desktop, and attach them to their Quickbooks file. I called about it and HouseCall Pro said that the app won’t do that, but I wish it would.

HouseCall Pro has always responded any time that I’ve reached out to them with the little chat button and it’s probably me not knowing exactly how to coordinate HouseCall Pro and Quickbooks online, however there have been a few things that kind of have frustrated me that they've just answered back with, “Well, that feature is not available,” or “The system won't do that." I'm gonna be sad if I have to do away with HouseCall Pro because it's messing up my system and causing more work so I will keep it. I am trying to work around it as I really like the other parts of it.

Original review: July 3, 2017

It was easy to set up my business with HouseCall Pro. It’s state of the art and the technician walked me through it and was a very good communicator. I opened in March of 2016 and I've used them since.

Original review: July 2, 2017

We use the HouseCall Pro's scheduling feature mostly and then we also use the invoice and Live Map. I like the software and it's very easy to work with.

Original review: July 1, 2017

We used to write up and send out our own bills, but when I asked for a recommendation from my son who's an IT professional, he did some research for me and recommended HouseCall Pro. We've been using them for almost two whole years, now. Setting it up was very easy. We just had to enter all of our customers into the database, and if we had QuickBooks Online and had all of our customers in there, we could have just migrated that data over there, but we haven't so we entered them in by hand.

I like the scheduling and the billing features, as well as allowing customers to pay online from receiving their invoice from a button that they just click. More customers pay very quickly because they can just click that button. Also, I have done chats with HouseCall Pro different times, and found them very responsive and smart. If someone couldn't fix my problem, then someone else the next morning would. And things that I have problems with early on, they have fixed in the whole system when they have been doing updates. Each interface is different from my cellphone, to my tablet, to my home computer, but overall, it's a great experience with HouseCall Pro. I've been happy to get in on the early stages of it and happy with their improvements.

Original review: June 30, 2017

We've used a different provider before and there’s some things that I like more there and there’s some things that I like in HouseCall Pro that I wanted to have. Our experience on the setup was good and the team was very helpful. The only problem was working with their California time. But I've been using HouseCall Pro for invoicing and emailing for one month now and we're able to better track our customers. We also use less paper now. It’s pretty good that I can access and control the transactions anytime, anywhere. However, there's a couple of things that I don't like about it. I've gotten frustrated with it a couple of times. There's still little things that they can improve on but my experience has been good so far.

HouseCall Pro Company Information