HouseCall Pro

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Our experience with HouseCall Pro has been wonderful! The features are extensive and very easy to use. We also use the app for every employee so we can stay connected on how each job is going. Using this product has made a very positive change in the company and I definitely recommend it to others!

My father was doing a research on billing providers and the HouseCall Pro guy who we initially talked to was very thorough in explaining how everything worked and he made it seem simple to operate it so we decided to get it. So far, we've always been in contact with the same person and every time I had a question or a concern, he was thorough and attentive. I could even call him any time throughout the day and he'll walk me step-by-step through anything I needed, and we got it figured out within a matter of seconds. Any problem I had, he took care of it. We've had HouseCall Pro for a couple of months now. I mostly use the online payment for my customers wherein I just send them the invoice and they can pay online before I even get to or after I leave the job. It has created a bit more organization within my business which made a few of my day-to-day task easier. I'm very pleased with their service.

We used Intuit Quickbooks to set up appointments while we used Square for doing our billing, invoices and payments. We switched over to HouseCall Pro because we wanted something where we'd be able to set appointments up and have it into a calendar and be able to do billing as well. We've been using them for a year and it's working well for us. Doing the invoice is easy. We invoice before we walk out of the doors. Also, we've started using the time clock. If an employee forgets to turn it off, it will continue to run. Then it will log him out and log him back on at midnight, and we can change that on the computer. Also, it's always been great anytime we've had any contact with the HouseCall team. They're on top of things and they call us back. They also get us quick information. They look at things and tell us what we need to do or what they are going to do.

However, we were not able to import the information from Quickbooks into HouseCall Pro in a convenient way. Also, there is a glitch in the system where we're not getting emails. We don't get a notification when we send an invoice electronically through email. We just see that our bill is paid when we look at our past bills. Another thing is it takes too long to get paid through them. It takes two to three days. We have one that just went through, and the guy paid on Sunday night and we still haven't received payment for it. I understand there's processing time but it's longer than with other devices we've used.

The convenience of HouseCall Pro is awesome. I like being able to schedule a call from wherever I'm at. I also like being able to see where all of the technicians are. HouseCall Pro tells me the schedule better than the last summer when I didn't know how long the guys were on the jobs. With HouseCall Pro, I could see how the technicians are doing - whether they are behind, on schedule, or ahead of schedule. So, that's been good. I also like that it texts the customers and lets them know when the technicians are on their way. I got a lot of good feedback from customers about that.

I tried to use the email feature but not very many people open the email, and I was kind of disappointed about that. Most of the times, when I'm asking customers their email addresses when they call in, they are reluctant to give it to me. So, the email feature has not gone well like I wanted it to. And though I don't know how much is the cost gonna be per postcard, I'm hoping they get a chance to use the postcard feature because that's something I've been wanting to do for a while.

Also, there are some things about the app that I don't know how to resolve. I'm having a hard time figuring out how to put the customer information into HouseCall Pro so that it matches up with the information in Quickbooks online. I have done the sync and have sent my Quickbooks account with my HouseCall Pro account, but the displays are different. HouseCall Pro is creating a second account in Quickbooks for customers who already have accounts. HouseCall Pro thinks that it's a different customer all together. And then, I've got multiple customer accounts before I know it. That has been one of the biggest struggles that I have.

Additionally, I originally thought how cool it would be to completely get away with paper invoices but I had found that's not gonna happen because of our industry. Because we have to have paper invoices, my husband and my technicians are not on board with filling the amount on the iPad as well. So, the paper invoice is not matching up with the HouseCall Pro invoice and that’s a problem. Another problem is in order to use the HouseCall Pro app to take a credit card from the customer, I have to go through strut. I can't use the Quickbooks GoPay like I always do and I get a better rate through my Quickbooks GoPay. So for a lot of the jobs, to show that it's been paid, I have to delete the job all together off the dashboard for the HouseCall Pro and then go into Quickbooks and create it and take the payment that way.

Another thing, the information from HouseCall Pro is synced over to Quickbooks, but the notes aren’t. If I put any kind of notes or if I take pictures of the job, HouseCall Pro won't send the pictures over to my Quickbooks file as an attachment. So I have to go in, put the pictures on the desktop, and attach them to their Quickbooks file. I called about it and HouseCall Pro said that the app won’t do that, but I wish it would.

HouseCall Pro has always responded any time that I’ve reached out to them with the little chat button and it’s probably me not knowing exactly how to coordinate HouseCall Pro and Quickbooks online, however there have been a few things that kind of have frustrated me that they've just answered back with, “Well, that feature is not available,” or “The system won't do that." I'm gonna be sad if I have to do away with HouseCall Pro because it's messing up my system and causing more work so I will keep it. I am trying to work around it as I really like the other parts of it.

It was easy to set up my business with HouseCall Pro. It’s state of the art and the technician walked me through it and was a very good communicator. I opened in March of 2016 and I've used them since.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Housecall Pro?

We use the HouseCall Pro's scheduling feature mostly and then we also use the invoice and Live Map. I like the software and it's very easy to work with.

We used to write up and send out our own bills, but when I asked for a recommendation from my son who's an IT professional, he did some research for me and recommended HouseCall Pro. We've been using them for almost two whole years, now. Setting it up was very easy. We just had to enter all of our customers into the database, and if we had QuickBooks Online and had all of our customers in there, we could have just migrated that data over there, but we haven't so we entered them in by hand.

I like the scheduling and the billing features, as well as allowing customers to pay online from receiving their invoice from a button that they just click. More customers pay very quickly because they can just click that button. Also, I have done chats with HouseCall Pro different times, and found them very responsive and smart. If someone couldn't fix my problem, then someone else the next morning would. And things that I have problems with early on, they have fixed in the whole system when they have been doing updates. Each interface is different from my cellphone, to my tablet, to my home computer, but overall, it's a great experience with HouseCall Pro. I've been happy to get in on the early stages of it and happy with their improvements.

We've used a different provider before and there’s some things that I like more there and there’s some things that I like in HouseCall Pro that I wanted to have. Our experience on the setup was good and the team was very helpful. The only problem was working with their California time. But I've been using HouseCall Pro for invoicing and emailing for one month now and we're able to better track our customers. We also use less paper now. It’s pretty good that I can access and control the transactions anytime, anywhere. However, there's a couple of things that I don't like about it. I've gotten frustrated with it a couple of times. There's still little things that they can improve on but my experience has been good so far.

Housecall Pro got us up and running the day we paid the balance and started getting our customer database. It was an easy process and so far it’s been great.

Setting up HouseCall Pro was easy to do and we've been using them for two months now. We like it so far and we're using the notification or communication part but not the billing function. We use them to tell our men where to go and let the customers know when we're gonna be there. So far, our interactions with their team are good and they're very friendly and able to answer our questions. HouseCall is a good service, but one of the things it can't do that we're interested in doing and we'd love to see them improve on is being able to view unscheduled projects on our cellphones. We're a small shop and we have a couple of different guys coordinating to get people to different places. We're not able to see unscheduled projects and push those out to each other and see them on the app.

I love HouseCall Pro. I signed up for them a long time ago when the company was still in their infancy. And then I never used it, so I cancelled it. And then HouseCall Pro re-upped me and charged my same monthly fee from the time I didn’t use to it to the time I was re-upped. Though I was okay with that because it wasn’t expensive. I’ve checked out Monster and some other systems and I’m sure they’re fine too, but I am definitely enjoying HouseCall Pro. I will not switch to anything else.

The only issue I have is quick data input because I don’t spend enough time playing with it. Every job is a custom price for me and there’s no set price for every job that I perform for people. I do residential carpet cleanings, commercial carpet cleanings and stripping and waxing VCT flooring. Every job is a custom job based on the customers’ needs. I might do two rooms in one job, but I’m going to be charged more because it’s trashed. So, the feature where I have to go in the back office and set up pricing never worked for me.

I’m using HouseCall Pro more as time goes on, but I haven’t mastered the whole system yet. I wish they had more video tutorials on data input and utilizing the system we could just watch while we’re in between jobs to educate us. Though it’s hard to do it because things change all the time and HouseCall Pro has to constantly create videos. I’m not using the system every day and I could go over the videos a couple of times.

I was also supposed to set up a training session with one of their young reps and three times I couldn’t make it. It was my fault though. It’s my lack of taking time to learn HouseCall Pro. There are also jobs that I’m not using the HouseCall Pro on because they’re sending me check and paying me right there. It’s quick. I’m all for HouseCall Pro. I promote it everywhere I go and I got several of carpet cleaners.

I’ve used HouseCall Pro for about six weeks now. Setting up was super easy. And I like the way their team has the chat bubbles. If I have a question, someone seems like he might be there to answer. When I ask, it’s getting addressed immediately. Among HouseCall Pro’s features, the scheduling is the one that I like the most because I can share it with a texting field. Our customers like it too, letting them know of their appointment schedule. I just had a good feedback with that and even the billing part of it.

They seem to like that as well where they can get an emailed invoice and pay it anywhere. It’s more efficient for us too as it helps me keep up with the billing especially where I’ve had to wait on technicians to turn in paper invoices and hopefully make sure it’s in the system. I also like that I could see what I need to see while I’m not at my desktop. You can see some detailed things in there. But there’re a few glitches that I’ve run across and they’re still easier on the desktop. Overall, we’ve had a positive experience with HouseCall Pro.

The person who signed me up to HouseCall Pro used to work for a real estate before she started working for them. She basically did all of the sign up for me. So, I was their first carpet cleaner. In fact, at that time there were only a few people that were before me that were in other fields. So, my input on a few of the things that they've done over the years has basically been taken into account. Also, their reps were great. If we have any issues or if there's something new that comes out and our company doesn't understand, we call them up or make an appointment. As a matter of fact, we did something like that about three weeks ago. They always spent some time with me and since I'm slow for catching on, they took me step by step through it. And then, the CFO came up and introduced himself but I know their CEO as well. So, it works really well.

I sometimes use their system for scheduling but mainly for credit processing. I get a great deal on that and the cool thing about them is when the invoice is made out for the customer, it's got all my contact info and the job that was done. So, it's like my normal invoice would be just as with the swipe. It's a receipt of the price they paid plus, it's cheaper. For somebody like me who's not too computer-friendly, it makes it much simpler. All I got to do is put the customer's info in and it gives me an alert before the job start. It got the price list on there too. So it definitely makes me a lot more organized without making it overly difficult. Overall, it's a great experience and a hundred percent satisfaction. I've been with them for four years now and I get a lot of work from them as well.

We’ve been using HouseCall Pro for a year or two and I like it. I’m not very technical and savvy at all but setting it up and using it was super easy. I’ve got it on my iPad, on my phone and on the desktop. I've called in once when I had a question about setting the price and they helped me out. It's neat that I get messages every once in a while, just checking to see if everything’s still good. I love being able to access and control my business transactions at anytime from anywhere and I use the scheduling feature daily. Before this, I was doing a notepad and paper kind of thing but it was not good when you start missing a few jobs because you can’t write it down. So this way, it’s definitely easier to keep track of things.

It's been a year now since we've started using HouseCall Pro. We used Intuit QuickBooks before but it was way too confusing. It was a total disaster and it was a waste of our time. It made our life harder, not easier. But HouseCall Pro has been the best business decision I've had for a long time. Our service guys pick the system up really fast, it's definitely helped with our billing and our customers like it because we text them so they know where we're coming from. Also, it's super easy to set it up. I had it done within an hour online. We just put in new customers as we go and so far, we're happy with it and we'll keep with it for a long time, I'm sure. Furthermore, I definitely like the fact that we can have a quick conversation with their reps if we have questions. We just click on a help menu on the right side and we got three different people helping us. That works out great. So, if we have questions, it's an easy answer.

We like using their maps too. It's easy from the dispatch screen once the tech signed on and said he's on his way, pushes another button and shows them the directions there. That saves us time. We like the fact that invoicing and pricing are easy too. When we have already pricing on it, we just click on that and it's already there. So, that saves their techs a lot of time too. The best thing is it's easy to schedule our guys at the shortest distance from each call because we can see them all. I like the dashboard where I can see all three techs and which one is going where. And if a tech wants to change to a different tech, he can easily do it himself from the system. We've got that setup and that's what I like about it. Overall, it's been an excellent experience and I can't be happier.

We had a different online billing provider before HouseCall Pro and HouseCall is so much better. Getting everything else set up was an easy process. It took me a bit of time to figure out all the different steps to set the appointment, but other than that, it’s been good. I interact with the team at HouseCall through chat and if I have any questions, they always get back with me right away and help me figure out what it is I’m trying to do. They’ve been really great about answering any questions and helping me figure out stuff.

I mostly use the automated emails that get sent out as well as booking appointments from the app. Having HouseCall Pro, things seem to go a lot easier with the scheduling of the appointments. Also, we recently started using the timesheet. With HouseCall Pro, we love being able to access and control our business transactions at anytime, anywhere. It’s been a great experience with them and we’re glad that we’ve switched to them. We’ve recommended them to some of our clients from Hitman Advertising.

Setting up HouseCall Pro was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Dealing with them has been excellent as well. Their team members are great and they had guided us seamlessly through every problem or hiccup we’d run into. They’re also quick to respond through chat or email. We’ve asked them to change a lot of stuff on their end, and they always had. I really had not had any single problem with them.

We've been using it for the past six months for scheduling, billing, sending estimates and keeping track of where our employees are at. We also use the online booking feature, which has worked out well for us. We finally got the link on our website so we run our business through it. It has made our business more organized than ever. In fact, because of it, we found a lot of deficiencies on our end and this has helped us to not let things fall into credits, keep everything in front of us and keep pushing things out. It’s really awesome.

On top of that, I can even do a lot of things from my house. If I can’t make it into the office, if I’m sick or not feeling well or even if I’m on vacation, which I don’t get to do very often, I still get to check on everybody and if there’s a problem I could look into it. I've got the customer history in there too, so the technicians can look back and see if there’s been an issue in the past. All of those features are very useful and they've saved me a lot of time and headache. We could’ve used another billing software but not one that was online and they’ve always been really clunky and hard to maneuver. You almost have to train for a week to learn how to use it. I’m not the most technically savvy person, but I can understand a problem and it only took me a 30-minute refresher course on how to use it. I’m extremely happy with HouseCall Pro and I’ve recommended them to many other people in my field.

It was easy setting up HouseCall Pro and their team is very responsive as well. I contact them through either an email, a chat or a phone call to tell them there’s a problem. Then, they get back in and figure out what the problem is and then they give me back an answer or fix what the problems were. We've been using HouseCall Pro for scheduling for two years now and we enjoy it very much. It's easier to keep track of where we are and what we did. If there’s any conflict with the customer, we know when and what time we were there and who was there. They're also affordable and effective for small businesses and I have recommended them to friends.

We used to have mHelpDesk but for a little over a year now, we've been using HouseCall Pro. I enjoy it a lot better because it automates everything for me. Setting it up was fairly easy. It was more my part to get everything from the previous provider transferred over, but once I did, they had it done within a day. Plus whenever I've had a problem, they solved it quickly. If they didn't have the answer, they would turn it over to whichever department it needs to go to. Then they have that person contact you, which is nice because I'm always so busy. It's nice that they do all of the footwork for me instead of just giving me someone to contact and shoving it onto me to find that other person.

HouseCall Pro has been very helpful for me to be able to streamline a lot of the processes as well. We use mostly all of the features. Everything connects over to our Quickbooks, which works really well, so I don’t have to transfer stuff over. It keeps nice records and reports for me and what we brought in for the month. The scheduling is really easy too. Once I have time to get that all set up, that’s really going to be helpful so that people can just jump in and schedule their own appointments. It's going to be really nice. On top of those, I can do it even if I'm on the road somewhere and I need to put in a call. I can do it on the app or I can do it on the computer.

My husband is my only technician so HouseCall Pro is really awesome since he can add things for additional services or price changes even when he's out in the field. Before, we didn’t have an app that works for him out in the field and I had to do everything. HouseCall Pro cuts down a lot of my work and it's a lot easier for both of us. I love it.

I've also had a lot of people remark that they really appreciate the confirmation features. They get a confirmation text message and email, and then a day before, they get a reminder text message and email as well. Then when he's on the way, they get a text message to let them know that he's coming. He can sync it now so that it can give the customers a more concise ETA with where he is on the GPS. They don’t have to answer the phone and they don’t have to wait for a whole three-hour window. They know just to watch for that text message coming through so it's really helpful. Plus, I don’t have to do all the contacting and it takes a big weight off of my shoulder from having to do everything manually before. We're really pleased with HouseCall Pro. We really like it.

We did Invoice2go before HouseCall Pro. The two are totally different. HouseCall Pro’s been amazing because we can do so much more with it. They did everything for us. We send them our customer base and they input all of that for us. So that was huge. Then we were up and running and ready to go. The team at HouseCall Pro was super helpful. Jill was the one who helped us and set everything up. She was amazing. She walked me through everything. Anytime we had a question, we called and they were able to help us. It's been great.

If we schedule, it goes right to the text. They get notified immediately that they have a call. As soon as it comes in, they can adjust their schedules. Everything is real time. If somebody can't make it into the office that day, you can still work from home. You can still pull it up on your phone or your tablet. Right now, one of the girls is on vacation in Florida but she's still able to access things and still work. We didn’t have scheduling before, only invoicing. Now, being able to access, have a schedule, and get it dispatched immediately to the technician, things have been more efficient. We don’t miss service calls like we used to. It's been very easy to transition from what we were doing. I was afraid switching would be a lot of headaches, but it hasn’t been. It was seamless.

I’ve had HouseCall Pro for about eight months now. Before that I used Quickbooks. During set up a lot of the customer files were imported from my Quickbooks account. The process was just a matter of typing in your information. But there were some glitches in that because I've got some duplicates where somehow the HouseCall and the program didn’t communicate well. It ended up with one customer with no address and one customer with an address. I can't seem to find a way to merge them together. But overall, it was a simple process and took about half an hour at the most. I frequently use it now for scheduling and invoicing. And I like that it has the ability to have the customer sign before the job starts, and after it's over, to show the satisfaction.

Their chat line seems to answer pretty quickly. But when they respond, typically, they just send you clips out of their pre-printed information, and just send it to you versus walking you through the way to success. I would rather be shown how to do it versus having to read through a manual. I would like to have had the manual so that I could have read through it when I first got the program. But I think that they’ve complicated their manual to the point where it's so long that it's hard to figure out some of the things without just experiencing it.

I often use the scheduling feature followed by the invoicing. When I was working through Quickbooks, I could pull up my old account, and it would list every invoice I've had there. I could go into that invoice and then sort out the information I needed. For example, if I was going to a customer I haven't been into in a year, then I could look that invoice up. Now, because the information was transferred over and the information is only one way, which is from HouseCall to Quickbooks, they don’t work in conjunction with each other. So if I need information prior to the start date of the HouseCall, I'd have to go back to Quickbooks to figure it out. So that is somewhat irritating. But after I get into the program for a while and don't have to worry about that portion of it, it may not bother me as much. But right now, because I haven't had it that long, it is somewhat of a pain to have to go back and forth between programs.

Another thing is that I've had one person pay online through HouseCall, and it took an extremely long time to receive the money. And then, on the calendar portion of it, scheduled jobs that are repeating. They show up whenever you click on the invoice button. I have to ferret through all of those to find the invoice that I'm looking for. I get confused sometimes when I look at it because it's all the way to 2019 that it set these advance jobs. I changed something with one of the jobs and it sent 14 emails to the customer because it changed every one of the future ones.

I think the way that HouseCall was designed was for multi trust business where you have several employees. They didn’t focus on the owner-operator, like me, as much. Right now, I have the basic program but it includes the multi-truck operation for the employee side. And because I don’t have employees right now, that’s pretty useless to me, whereas some of the stuff that they have on their advanced may be something that I would want. So if they could do an a la carte where I get things I want instead of the employee, then it may be a little bit more beneficial. I would also like to have a travel time button that tracks the travel time to and from the job sites because I technically classify my travel time as a different labor rate than I do the work time.

I also would like to see an option for a credit card upcharge because the credit card charge is 2% to use the credit card or a flat fee. I would like to have something on there that says, “We accept credit card but there is a processing fee for that credit card.” So I don’t run a charge and then I get billed another $20 on top of it, so I'm losing money for every time I use the card.

If there was a way that HouseCall could have some kind of referral like after you'd get done with a job, it automatically sends an email to ask the customer how you did and I can post it on such things as Facebook, Better Business Bureau, your personal website, Google, and Yahoo. The referrals are where you get your bread and butter on the SEO. I would think that that would be a very beneficial thing that they could do in order to keep customers for HouseCall because that feature in itself would be a reason for me to keep it over Quickbooks.

There are some things I like about it, and there are some things that I have grown to get around. Overall, I would say that I like the program. I don’t like the side that I have to pay for HouseCall and for Quickbooks because I can do everything I do on HouseCall through Quickbooks. It's just that they have some features on the HouseCall program that I like better. I believe it's an excellent scheduling program and it allows for easy use for customer interactions, but on the bookkeeping side of things, I think it falls short.

I've been using HouseCall Pro from the very beginning. I started my company about four months ago and it was important to me to be paperless and to have everything compatible with Quickbooks. I also needed something that will simplify running calls on my end so that’s the reason I went with the HouseCall program. I don’t think there's too many out there like that. I've checked in the ServiceTitan and I don’t have any program that would fit my needs.

HouseCall has very good customer service. They started doing online seminars right when I signed up and the tutorial simplified things where they walked me through the program. I liked that part of it. The program is simple and easy to use. I had to build my price book and that’s all straightforward. They also seem to update things on a regular basis when they see the need so that’s another nice thing. I mainly use its scheduling, pricebook and credit card features. Overall, everything has been great with HouseCall and I've recommended them to a couple of people.

I was looking for a piece of software a year and a half ago when I was increasing my external business. I tried a couple of things on trial and decided to go with HouseCall Pro. I use HouseCall Pro every day and my experience has been excellent. I’m a one-man staff piano tuner, but HouseCall Pro keeps me all centered. I use all the basic features and I really like it. It keeps my schedule during the day and tells me where I’m supposed to go. It’s great because it sends a text message telling people that I’m on my way and I don’t have to call them first. Today I have about eight appointments and HouseCall Pro keeps me on track. And my wife likes that she can look into where I’m at during the day.

Once in a while, I send in a suggestion to HouseCall Pro and I always get a prompt response. Their emails have been kind. I’ve been wanting to suggest them to do a filter for somebody who's in the records that I can bill through. There are also a few things that I’d like to have in reporting for my customer base, but HouseCall Pro has worked for me nevertheless. It is a good thing for me and I recommended it to a couple of other technicians that I know.

I've been with HouseCall Pro since December and decided to go with them for the price. Setting it up was easy. We had a few glitches, but they were on the spot about getting to us with support. They usually respond within a minute or two and are dead on when I ask them a question. It’s easy to interact with them. Also, the scheduling feature is good and I can do this from my house. There were a couple of things I’d like to see but other than that, the system has been good. We were on paperwork before and it’s much better this way. In general, HouseCall Pro seems to be continuously upgrading the software and they’re very pleasant to work with. For the most part, it’s been a great experience with them.

We got a one-month membership of HouseCall Pro. My operations manager had taken on the task to play with it and spent about four days pushing behind it and seeing if it was applicable to us. We were only analyzing it and theoretically we were setting it up and it was fine. But, we realized that it isn't going to fit our needs so we're not gonna move forward with HouseCall Pro. I see the potential for a software like this and how much it would help a business similar to us but not our business. But their staff were good people and they were helpful.

We were using another online billing provider but we're using HouseCall more for dispatching the jobs and keeping our schedule maintained. When I first got introduced to HouseCall a couple of years ago, we were looking for something that will dispatch the jobs to our drivers and the employees that are going on the road. We are a small business and people like us are mostly running everything on the phones. HouseCall is very good if you're using it on the computer, but over the last one and a half years, they did so many other things that are much better on the phone, even though it's still not top of the line. We are still using Google Calendar for scheduling. We have an office person that puts all the jobs in the HouseCall. Then we start to work. When we book the job for the first time, we should book it in HouseCall but we cannot do it because the way the jobs show on the screen is different.

Setting up the business with HouseCall Pro was easy. Jenelle was the one always helping nicely. I spoke to other people too, but mostly it was Jenelle in the starting day. Then after that, once you get used to it, you're going with the flow. Every other week, I'd get updates. I know one day they will improve and they will have a setup where I don’t have to use anything else. Once I have all the schedules and everything taken care in HouseCall, I will start using the invoicing too. I like HouseCall and that’s why I'm using it. It makes the job easier. We can have all the logs, we can see what time and what actually happened with the customers and my employees while they're on the road. I hope HouseCall grows everyday.

We've been with HouseCall Pro for about six months and we use them for mostly our scheduling of the service calls and our invoicing. We like the fact that it also syncs up with QuickBooks. Before, we were having one person send out all the invoices to QuickBooks and we were using Outlook for our calendar. Then we would email the person that’s supposed to send out the invoice email and the service call at what we did and put everything in detail. And she would have to copy and paste that into an invoice. So it’s a bunch of steps. HouseCall Pro cut out the Outlook calendar. It also cut out to just one person doing invoices. Now as soon as we’re done with the service call, we get back to the Outlook and send the invoice out to get paid instead of having to send it to our account and then send out from there.

We had to adjust to it though. We find that there’s lagging whenever we’d go from page to page. We’ve gotten used to it but whenever somebody comes to work and starts learning the system, they would ask why is it slow. Hopefully, it will be improved in the future. Other than hoping that the system gets a little bit faster, I would like them to do some sort of inventory tracking so that when we use parts, it automatically gets deducted from the inventory.

Nevertheless, we’ve always had a good experience with HouseCall Pro's support. If there are some issues with syncing with QuickBooks that are showing some errors, they are willing to help us and walk us through a couple of things we can do to try and resolve the issues. HouseCall Pro has improved the way we operate a lot. My wife was the one who did all the billing and send all the invoices out. So if we went on vacation for a week, the invoices would never be sent out. If a new customer walked in, they weren’t able to create an invoice for that new customer. So now, HouseCall Pro gives us more freedom because the technicians can create an invoice on the spot and send a message to me. Also, there’s now a list of all the customers in the database and we can see what the history was, etc. I would definitely recommend HouseCall Pro to customers and I have recommended them.

HouseCall Pro reached out to me and I liked the online invoice and the ability to do the credit card bank. Getting signed up with them wasn’t difficult at all. I watched some of the webinars that they had. My wife does a lot of my bookkeeping and she’s gotten better at that, too. So we both learned it. We use the scheduling and the calendar the most. Some of its parts work very good for me and other things work okay. Some stuff takes me longer than it did before, but yet it’s easy to keep track.

There were some hurdles as far as the bank information and it was cumbersome getting used to the steps I had to take and to make sure I saved the data. Sometimes, one-time customers are difficult to put in the system. There’s always been a lot of information that I had to put in. And that takes a little bit longer than just writing it on an invoice form. Also, I wish I could text my customers the bills but that’s doing much information, so sometimes I don’t. And with everything they've added for the expense, I’d wished I wouldn’t have done it, but overall, I’ve been happy with HouseCall Pro.

In terms of contact information, I prefer HouseCall Pro over Method, our previous provider. However, HouseCall Pro changes the dashboard every two days. Every couple of days I get on it, it’s either the fonts changed or there are some locations changed. We’re in our busy season so I'm scheduling 150 jobs a day so it's irritating. And I have to figure out where everything's out again. If they want to change it, figure it out and do it all at once instead of frequently.

The set up wasn't too terrible other than moving a lot of the materials. During my first month here at work, I was getting all the materials around, exporting and importing it. Unfortunately, everything went the wrong spot. I spent the last year and a half trying to get people’s cellphones in the correct place because notifications don’t work unless you have it in the correct place. There must be a way without physically doing it yourself to figure out what's what because they have it as clear-cut as saying "This is the cellphone. This is the home", unlike Method.

I like that HouseCall finally made it to where we can merge payments for the customers that we did more than one job for. But, I wish there was an easier way to move schedules. You can move to the monthly and try them with it but it doesn't always show you the jobs that you're looking for. It shows you when it pulls so that's irritating. If we can't get all of our jobs on this week, we have to move them and that could be about 40 jobs. It's not convenient moving them.

The notification system was the greatest part about switching over to HouseCall Pro because if we got 100 jobs a day, it makes things more convenient for us. I operate HouseCall Pro for three businesses. The notification system's fantastic because you don't have to call as much. Although feature-wise, I'm just keeping the scheduling and moving. We came through that system but it switches over to our QuickBooks. We have had problems because it’s fixed that way and HouseCall Pro going over the QuickBooks wasn't accurate. It’s going to the wrong place. Also, HouseCall Pro freeze up at 2:00 in the afternoon and that's typically when I'm scheduling. It's very slow so that's an issue I run into.

HouseCall makes it easier for me in terms of sending SMS. However, you can only have one option for language. It's either your invoice language or estimate. I had to change that every time I send an SMS out. I also have to deal with retyping the same exact script every single time and that's consuming. It would be nice if they would have more than one option for the little message that’s at the bottom.

The techs were responsive and polite. They can fix things right then and there. There were features that we questioned like being able to merge the payments but they have since taken care of that. They listen and they try to find a software in order to do that. Also, our sales became better but mostly I have a 95% close rate. That's a plus. It's a lot quicker than the old scheduling system when I started scheduling. It was so much better in terms of being able to get more jobs on there.

I've used HouseCall Pro for seven months and they've been spectacular. They have done very well for us. It's very easy setting it up for my business. The HouseCall Pro team was very professional. They also have a live chat. They respond immediately when I have a question and they walked me through every part of the system over the telephone. I mostly use it for dispatching. Ever since setting it up, my business is definitely more organized.

HouseCall Pro Company Profile