Call toll free
4.75/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Host Merchant Services offers a wide array of services that can help you enhance your business today. From payment processing and point of sale, to business financing and business tools, Host Merchant Services is your one provider for all your business needs. When you sign up with us, you can rest assured that you are obtaining the best price and best customer service. Contact us today to learn more about our products and services.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

114 Host Merchant Services Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

We process payments using a point-of-sale system. We were using QuickBooks and it was pretty pricey. I looked online and I read that Host Merchant Service was ranked pretty high in reviews and feedback so I reached out to them. I have been working with Host Merchant for two months and it’s been doing good. Right now, we’re just using swiper only. We accept most credit cards most of the time, but sometimes the customer would like to use debit cards but it’s not really a big deal. We have had customers asking for the chip reading device. When we first started, we've had a problem when the customer wanted to return items. When I have a technical problem or something, I would call Host Merchant, and they would help me right away. I’ve mostly had good experience with Host Merchant Services. I wanna try more for a few more months and to see if I really need to get a chip reading device.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I have been working with Host Merchant for about a couple of months and their service has been good for me. We reached out to them because of better price. It’s cheaper than our previous but it will be better if they lower the price.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

We needed payment processing and went with Host Merchant due to their reviews online. We have a lot of road shows so we do a lot of Bluetooth processing and we've been using Host Merchant for a month now. However, their system cannot release my terminal because I needed my DDA on there, and they couldn't switch my DDA over, so I haven't used the terminal. I was using the SwipeSimple, but that works only 50% of the time. I reached out to Host Merchant's customer service only when we first got their system. But right now, I don’t have any time to sit through customer support because they couldn't really do anything for me except reconnect my SwipeSimple system.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Host Merchant Services came up on Google and they had good reviews. The experience with them has been wonderful but it was awful with the company they sent us to for audit. Nevertheless, the customer service has been great and currently, we have been using Host Merchant to process payments through a machine. It's a Verifone and we use it every day and so far, it has been very good.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Based on the research of the person before me, Host Merchant Services was the best. We’ve been working with them for a month and they are more reliable. I can get to them quicker than the previous processor through email and the replies are very prompt. The representatives are super friendly and they always respond to my email but we’re still getting used to using them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Host Merchant Services?

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

We were checking around on the internet on the different companies to use based on reviews. Host Merchant Services said they have no contract and that was a big one. Also, their reviews were strong overall and their rates were good. They have no equipment charge and that was really good too. Everything there seemed like the right way to go. We've been using Host Merchant for a couple of weeks now and everything seems to be working fine so far. We process payments with a card swipe on a regular terminal. Our interactions with the people there have been good.

Hi Jay!

We're so happy to hear that you have enjoyed your experience with us! Our team works diligently to supply a high level of service and customer satisfaction so I am excited to pass along your kind words to them. Thank you again and, as always, if you need anything at all please don't hesitate to contact us!

Best,

The HMS Team

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Host Merchant Services was attached to the software program that we use for billing. When we initially set up the service, we spoke with their reps and our interaction with them was good. So far, we use a web service to process credit cards and the product is pretty easy to use.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Our small business signed up with HMS after having a terrible experience with another card processor. We were a little gun-shy but our fears were quickly put to rest. HMS provides excellent service with live reps who actually ANSWER THE PHONE and communicate clearly. They have helped us with every issue we've had, including a customer who tried to deny his charges. When our equipment malfunctioned they replaced it promptly. We wouldn't think of going anywhere else.

Host Merchant Services response

Hi Laura! Thank you so much for the kind words. We're so glad you're happy with our support! Providing fantastic customer service is our highest priority. I will make sure to pass your message along to our awesome support team! :)

As always, if there's anything we can do for you please don't hesitate to let us know!

Best Wishes,

The Host Merchant Services Family

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I received a soliciting email on Host Merchant Services asking me to compare prices, and I did. Because of that price comparison I decided to go ahead with them, and also because of the fact that the batching could occur and have the funds available the next day. My experience with them has been very positive for the most part. But I did have one negative experience. I had a terminal from another company that I was completely happy with, but Host Merchant wasn't able to work with that so I agreed to receive their terminal at no cost. But when I received it, I didn't realize it was a refurb, and it was not acceptable. It was dirty and it needed to be replaced. But they replaced it quickly, so they resolved the problem. So far things are looking good.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

We've been working with Host Merchant Services for two and a half months now and their service has been excellent. We're 100% satisfied. I heard of them via word-of-mouth and when I called them, it was a smooth operation. We use the regular terminal and the machine works very well. Also, they are a local company here and it's convenient since they're very near from where we are.

Host Merchant Services response

Hi Jayesh! We're so happy you are enjoying your experience with us! We work hard to make sure our merchants are happy. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need anything!

Best,