Get a Free Quote Visit Website
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.74/5
Visit Website

Host Merchant Services offers a wide array of services that can help you enhance your business today. From payment processing and point of sale to business financing and business tools, Host Merchant Services is your one provider for all your business needs. When you sign up, you can rest assured that you are obtaining the best price and best customer service. Contact them today to learn more about their products and services.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Host Merchant Services Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: April 3, 2019

I had displeasure in what I was getting previously with my merchant service. Host Merchant Services' rates were competitive and it looked like their service is going to be a bit better. We process payments through POS and we've had Host Merchant for a couple of months now, but I don't like the machine very much. It is more complicated to use than the other one. While it seems to work adequately, I have to hit more buttons before I run the transaction, which is a pain. My sales rep took care of sending back the old equipment and we will find out in the next couple of days if it got taken care of expediently. I got charged for it last month, which I wasn't really pleased about, but we will see about this month.

Host Merchant Services response

Hi Tim! Thank you for opening an account with us! I'm very happy to hear we were able to lower your rates and offer better service! We want to make sure you are as happy as possible, so I am going to have a specialist reach out to make sure we take care of all of your concerns!

Thank you again! Please don't hesitate to contact us for anything you need!

-John Burns

Host Merchant Services

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I have been working with Host Merchant for about a couple of months and their service has been good for me. We reached out to them because of better price. It’s cheaper than our previous but it will be better if they lower the price.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

We needed payment processing and went with Host Merchant due to their reviews online. We have a lot of road shows so we do a lot of Bluetooth processing and we've been using Host Merchant for a month now. However, their system cannot release my terminal because I needed my DDA on there, and they couldn't switch my DDA over, so I haven't used the terminal. I was using the SwipeSimple, but that works only 50% of the time. I reached out to Host Merchant's customer service only when we first got their system. But right now, I don’t have any time to sit through customer support because they couldn't really do anything for me except reconnect my SwipeSimple system.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Host Merchant Services came up on Google and they had good reviews. The experience with them has been wonderful but it was awful with the company they sent us to for audit. Nevertheless, the customer service has been great and currently, we have been using Host Merchant to process payments through a machine. It's a Verifone and we use it every day and so far, it has been very good.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I used another credit card processing company in 2006 but their fees kept going up very arbitrarily and with no warning. And when they switched over to the chip-enabled cards, knowing that I was requesting phone connectivity, they sent me internet-connective terminals. I had to manually reset them over time. Aside from that, we had a lightning strike and they insisted that the problem wasn't with the terminals. They said it was the phone line when none of the terminals would work. And I spent four days on the phone with them trying to get them to recognize that their terminals didn't work. It was a nightmare for the past year, so I gave up. I went online, looked at comparisons of merchant service accounts processing, and Host Merchant Services was among the top five. I reached out to all five of them and Host Merchant Services was the most flexible of the five. So, I went with them.

So far, I love Host Merchant. I have a swiper of inserted chip card to terminal and it's very easy to use. In fact, I haven't heard any complaints from the clinicians who worked in the practice. I started using their service at the end of August with one terminal, then I added two more terminals in November. Occasionally, we got settlements that didn't go through but we've been told that it was because the phone line was not appropriately configured at that time. So, we just had to do it again and it usually worked the second time.

I've had some conversations with three people at Host Merchant when they helped me configure the terminal or how to use it at the beginning and our interaction was fine. I've also spoken with their rep, Cameron, a couple of times via a chat or email about ordering credit card terminals and fees and he's been quite responsive to everything that I've asked. He was also very quick and very accommodating. Then, when I paid my bill for the credit card terminals I've purchased, I spoke with a woman. I gave her my credit card information over the phone and that went perfectly fine, too. Host Merchant should keep doing what they're doing. It's great.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Host Merchant Services?

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Based on the research of the person before me, Host Merchant Services was the best. We’ve been working with them for a month and they are more reliable. I can get to them quicker than the previous processor through email and the replies are very prompt. The representatives are super friendly and they always respond to my email but we’re still getting used to using them.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

We were checking around on the internet on the different companies to use based on reviews. Host Merchant Services said they have no contract and that was a big one. Also, their reviews were strong overall and their rates were good. They have no equipment charge and that was really good too. Everything there seemed like the right way to go. We've been using Host Merchant for a couple of weeks now and everything seems to be working fine so far. We process payments with a card swipe on a regular terminal. Our interactions with the people there have been good.

Hi Jay!

We're so happy to hear that you have enjoyed your experience with us! Our team works diligently to supply a high level of service and customer satisfaction so I am excited to pass along your kind words to them. Thank you again and, as always, if you need anything at all please don't hesitate to contact us!

Best,

The HMS Team

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Host Merchant Services was attached to the software program that we use for billing. When we initially set up the service, we spoke with their reps and our interaction with them was good. So far, we use a web service to process credit cards and the product is pretty easy to use.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Our small business signed up with HMS after having a terrible experience with another card processor. We were a little gun-shy but our fears were quickly put to rest. HMS provides excellent service with live reps who actually ANSWER THE PHONE and communicate clearly. They have helped us with every issue we've had, including a customer who tried to deny his charges. When our equipment malfunctioned they replaced it promptly. We wouldn't think of going anywhere else.

Host Merchant Services response

Hi Laura! Thank you so much for the kind words. We're so glad you're happy with our support! Providing fantastic customer service is our highest priority. I will make sure to pass your message along to our awesome support team! :)

As always, if there's anything we can do for you please don't hesitate to let us know!

Best Wishes,

The Host Merchant Services Family

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I received a soliciting email on Host Merchant Services asking me to compare prices, and I did. Because of that price comparison I decided to go ahead with them, and also because of the fact that the batching could occur and have the funds available the next day. My experience with them has been very positive for the most part. But I did have one negative experience. I had a terminal from another company that I was completely happy with, but Host Merchant wasn't able to work with that so I agreed to receive their terminal at no cost. But when I received it, I didn't realize it was a refurb, and it was not acceptable. It was dirty and it needed to be replaced. But they replaced it quickly, so they resolved the problem. So far things are looking good.

Host Merchant Services Company Information