toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

HMS has been excellent to work with. We selected them when we were just starting out because they had the best pricing. As we have scaled our business over the last 4 years, they have continued to be a fantastic partner - proactively working with us improve service and reduce cost. You should work with them. Great service!

Our company was not glad with our previous provider. We searched on the internet, saw good reviews about Host Merchant Services, and then reached out to them. We've been with them for two months. They're very good and we're very happy.

Host Merchant Services is great and their payment processing system is easy to use. We do it from a terminal and it works seamlessly for our small business. I haven't had to use their customer service that much, but anytime I did, it's been smooth and simple.

Host Merchant Services got everything done right for us. They were super timely, super helpful, and accommodating. My stress point with the other companies really came down to either I was being sold or there was obvious mistakes on the proposals that I was getting - company name, details, and account numbers. I couldn't believe the other companies. I was like, "Wow, this is very unprofessional." And Home Merchant Services stood out as very professional.

We process payments online and over the phone, and I want to get a physical in-store card reader. So anybody who comes into our location would phone in the purchase. Four weeks we've been up and running and service has been very well, no complaints. There was initially a little bit of a question mark between them and clearance of why transfers weren't getting over to our business bank account, but then everything worked out.

The customer service is stellar, prompt, professional, and no mistakes. I want to give Cameron brownie points. He was just on it. I would throw him random questions and go like, "Hey, based on my experience in other companies I've run, what do you think about this? or Am I doing something wrong?" Or any area where I was like, "I haven't looked at one of these contracts in three years. What am I missing? Or what's changed? Why compare it?" And he was able to answer that. So super knowledgeable and I could tell that he was based in the U.S. whereas the other representatives were not.

That big one was their underwriting process. With the other ones, they were getting into a lot of my personal stuff. I was happy to provide it but I was really happy that Host Merchant Services just took a personal credit report and were like, "Cool. We're done." I recommend them all day every day every time I talk to another entrepreneur.

Host Merchant Services was excellent. I can't speak highly enough about them. I've been in business for 26 years and these guys from Host Merchant Services were attentive and ahead when there's a change in equipment. They're on top of it and they don't let my stuff expire.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Host Merchant Services?

How HMS helps my business - I have worked in the hospitality industry for more than 20 years and I can tell you that I have never worked with a credit card processor so dedicated to customer satisfaction. They are truly a "customer first" operation and I highly recommend them to any operator. Make them part of your Team!

I have used Host Merchant Services for credit card processing and my POS and found them to be a great, reliable service. Any questions or problems are handled promptly and professionally from their great staff. I highly recommend them.

Working with Host Merchant Services has been easy. The online program keeps everything secure and organized. Everything is a simple click away and whenever a problem occurs, which is exceptionally rare, they are taken care of quickly and professionally. We would definitely recommend this service.

Initially, I processed all my credit cards through Exxon. When I lost a part of my retail business, I opted to go with the bank. I also found that Host was much more agreeable to deal with. Then, one of the Host Merchant Services' sales people stopped in and told me what they could do for me and they did it. They provide the machine, the paper, and everything I knew they could do to process credit cards given that 95% of my business is credit card. We have a Verifone VX520 swiper so I can process all my cards. I've had many people try to sell me services very deceptively. Host was always honest about what they did. They recently lowered my rate when I asked them about the possibility of getting a better rate elsewhere and we came to terms real quick. I've had nothing but good experience and I'm a loyal person. If you do things right, I stick by you and Host has done that.

I have a small single-person boutique for almost 3 years now. I started it from my home and started with Square. Then someone mentioned Phone Swipe to me which is through North American Bancard. I switched to them and have been using them for a while when I started thinking about not just being able to use my Android phone. I really needed to have a real POS system. I have a lot of friends who also own small businesses and they were on my case about it. They couldn't believe I'm still using my phone and told me I need to get a POS system.

So I started researching and googled POS systems reviews and Host was one of the top three companies that came up. I checked the Better Business Bureau to see if there were any complaints and there were none. And I liked from the reviews that I read how transparent Host is in how they explained things. Everything was really positive. When I called and spoke with Cameron, he took a lot of time with me and explained every single thing to me and didn’t treat me like I should have known or that I wasn’t smart for not knowing. He treated me with a lot of respect and wanted to earn my business. I was really impressed with that and decided to move forward.

For the next step done, Danielle who was the young lady I spoke to was awesome and really thoughtful. She also took a lot of time to explain everything to me and made sure that I knew everything. I was comfortable with her. She also followed up and gave me her cellphone number if I have any questions. I had a popup shop so I was gonna be outside my store and it was on the weekend. I thought that was phenomenal customer service.

If I do popup shops, I use a combination of my Android phone and a laptop. I’m processing payments through my POS system, which is a Mango and then I use Host Merchant Services app on my phone if I’m out and about. I’m using the swiper on my laptop but that doesn’t work as well as the mobile one that they sent to me so I have to work through that. But we haven’t gotten through that yet because I’ve been dealing with my daughter and her being ill. But so far, so good. I am pleased with what I’ve experienced in terms of my deposits and Host's customer service. When I call in I get answers to my questions in a timely manner. If I shoot someone an email, they respond quickly. Everything has gone very smoothly with Host. The system is working out great and I’m very pleased with the way that the transactions are being handled. I was just about to email a friend of mine who owns a store and looking for a new credit card processing company the information for Host.

Host's rep, Don, was excellent at explaining all the information in detail. He did a cost analysis and took one of our spreadsheets and compared it to who we had which was CardConnect. He went above and beyond, and in the long run, Host has saved us a little bit of money. We had a good rate to begin with and it went a little lower. And Don will stop in just to say hello and ask if we need anything. He’s really taken care of us. And there’s never been a time that I sent an email and did not get a rapid response. If Don couldn’t answer it, it went directly to someone and I had an answer within that day. The machine is also working perfectly. I do highly recommend Host and I have recommended them to people in California, Mississippi, South Carolina, and New York.

Host Merchant Services Company Profile