Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.75/5
Get Pricing

Host Merchant Services offers a wide array of services that can help you enhance your business today. From payment processing and point of sale to business financing and business tools, Host Merchant Services is your one provider for all your business needs. When you sign up, you can rest assured that you are obtaining the best price and best customer service. Contact them today to learn more about their products and services.

Host Merchant Services Call Now Toll Free (888) 701-0732 Learn More Get Pricing
Call Now Toll Free

Host Merchant Services Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Host Merchant Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Host Merchant Services?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I'm currently dealing with another credit card processing company that is charging me outrageous rates and amounts from hidden fees. My wife and daughter, whose business has with Host Merchant Services for over three years and has rarely any issues with them, recommended Host Merchant Services for my restaurant. Overall, Rob ** made getting my account started super easy and quick considering it was during Thanksgiving week. Plus, he gave me far better rates and service features than the company I was previously with. I really appreciated his help and look forwards to working with HMS.

Get buying tips about Credit Card Processing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I've been having various issues with another credit card processing company that ranged from technical difficulties to bad customer service. They kept making it difficult for me to be able to provide a reliable service for my customers, and so I decided to switch over to HMS seeing that they not only had better rates, but also way better customer service. Working with Mr. Rob ** has been awesome! He's been very helpful and patient with me throughout the process of getting my account ready, and so doing business with him has been a pleasure. I would definitely recommend HMS to other small businesses!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

For an emergency vehicle upfitting business, I use Host Merchant Services and their machine has been flawless. I called customer service for a few minor things like getting started up and running. I like Caitlin and her customer service. The only this is I paid too much. And I have federal contracts so I have to apparently have the ability to run level three GSA cards. That plan is more expensive.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2020

Host Merchant Services is our credit card processing system. It’s simple. It's pretty much like our previous system that was through PayPal. We run it all on our iPads. The biggest issue would be sometimes the readers would have an issue with connecting to the iPad some days, or disconnect and then it takes a few seconds to reconnect. They're Bluetooth. Sometimes, they just disconnect and take a bit longer to reconnect. But other than that, that's the biggest pain for running them up front. Whenever we run into any issues or something not working correctly on the app, we just need to do an update or restart the system.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

I did an online search of different vendors and a lot of reading. Merchant services came up and Host consistently was in that top bracket. So, I contacted Host and tried to get a bit more information, like how long they've been in business. There were rating systems on different websites and Host always did very good in rating systems. I also looked at customer comments in different websites and they were always very positive. So, that gave me some indication that I felt comfortable contacting them, and then getting more information about the specific service they could provide for my business. I'm still new with them, but they have provided everything. They seem to be very honest, upfront, and transparent. Much easier to get ahold of customer service than some of my other previous providers. That's what I appreciate. I don't have any criticisms at this time. It has been a positive transition.

In addition to just the normal merchant services, they are offering some, what I considered perks. You need to be accredited every year that you meet the criteria associated with PCI accreditation. You're not letting customers information go out over the internet or other ways. You keep it private and not letting that information get out. So, there is an annual PCI compliance process, and there is usually a fee with that. Host Merchant Services helps you through that process more than any other merchant service I've had, and will pay for that fee every year. That was a nice perk that I have not experienced before taking on some completion of some of what is necessary to go through that certification process, and then pay for the annual fee associated with that.

One other perk they offer for small businesses like myself is they have a sister company called Vertical Switch that does website hosting online. Right now, I'm paying for that through another company and I'm in the process of transitioning to the service being offered via sister company with Host. They are offering me that as a free of charge. There is no cost associated with it. So, in addition to getting good merchant services, I'm getting a website also for free. So far, everything is a-okay with me.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

Robert ** has been the best representative that I've ever had with a pay processing company. He's attentive, responsive, and explains things clearly and fairly. I recently went and compared 4+ other pay processors and couldn't find a better organization to work with than HMS and Robert. You won't go wrong with them.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

I used to run a bank and I know about a lot of the processors. With Host Merchant Services, I process payments in a variety of ways. Some are online and some are in person. Everything seems to be working fine. The machine works but we don't process that much through it. All I expect is it to be up and not have issues. So far, that's what it's done.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I needed processing for my business and after doing a search on the internet, I got a mobile swiper from Host Merchant. We've been using Host Merchant for 6 months now and we work with the gateway, Authorize.Net. Other than I wished Authorize.Net’s mobile app was better, everything’s working great.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

I was not satisfied with the company that I was with, and I got Host Merchant when I researched online. They gave me a better rate, comparable to what I was paying, and we've been working with them since about 3 months ago. I process payments mostly on credit card and some we do online. The only thing we had an issue was when we needed to do a tip adjustment and we were told there’s no way to do that. So, it was like once we entered it in, before we finish the sale, we should be able to go back and readjust it, and there’s no way to do that. Other than that, we have interacted with customer service, though it's off and on and not too much, and our interactions have been fine.

Original review: June 14, 2019

I did a comparison research of all the other services and it was based on other people's reviews, costs and how solid and reputable they are in business. It felt like Host Merchant Services was the best decision. It's only been a month since I've used them and they did really well. I process payments through a virtual terminal. I do engineering and design services so it's remote work. I send the client an invoice and they can pay it electronically. The initial charge limit was set for a max of $3,500 and my first actual virtual transaction was $7,000. It still went through. I just provided a little bit of back-up information and Host Merchant Services processed it anyway. It's great to have somebody that's flexible and willing to work with you, even though it's a little bit different from the initial contract.

I've worked on setting up another one for a different business. The customer service is really good. I had one person who was responsive, quick with emails or even phone calls and faster than what you would typically find for a lot of other things so that was really great. Even something simple like a response that says, "Thank you," it's a courteous communication.

There were a lot of questions in getting things set up and working with the bank, but the process went fairly smooth considering all the different elements that I have to have in place to get one of these set up. It's not just a subscription. There are like 4 different entities involved in the transaction from the consumer's credit card company all the way through. So, Host Merchant Services is kind of an orchestrator, and stuff comes and gets forwarded through several other entities. Getting all those entities to work together and communicate and run smoothly is no easy task, and they made it pretty seamless. Except the first transaction, I followed it through just to make sure everything was done correctly. I contacted each entity individually just to make sure everything was exactly how they wanted to see it and that there weren't any issues, and everything was fine.

Host Merchant Services Company Information