Call toll free
4.75/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Host Merchant Services offers a wide array of services that can help you enhance your business today. From payment processing and point of sale to business financing and business tools, Host Merchant Services is your one provider for all your business needs. When you sign up, you can rest assured that you are obtaining the best price and best customer service. Contact them today to learn more about their products and services.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Host Merchant Services Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: June 14, 2019

I did a comparison research of all the other services and it was based on other people's reviews, costs and how solid and reputable they are in business. It felt like Host Merchant Services was the best decision. It's only been a month since I've used them and they did really well. I process payments through a virtual terminal. I do engineering and design services so it's remote work. I send the client an invoice and they can pay it electronically. The initial charge limit was set for a max of $3,500 and my first actual virtual transaction was $7,000. It still went through. I just provided a little bit of back-up information and Host Merchant Services processed it anyway. It's great to have somebody that's flexible and willing to work with you, even though it's a little bit different from the initial contract.

I've worked on setting up another one for a different business. The customer service is really good. I had one person who was responsive, quick with emails or even phone calls and faster than what you would typically find for a lot of other things so that was really great. Even something simple like a response that says, "Thank you," it's a courteous communication.

There were a lot of questions in getting things set up and working with the bank, but the process went fairly smooth considering all the different elements that I have to have in place to get one of these set up. It's not just a subscription. There are like 4 different entities involved in the transaction from the consumer's credit card company all the way through. So, Host Merchant Services is kind of an orchestrator, and stuff comes and gets forwarded through several other entities. Getting all those entities to work together and communicate and run smoothly is no easy task, and they made it pretty seamless. Except the first transaction, I followed it through just to make sure everything was done correctly. I contacted each entity individually just to make sure everything was exactly how they wanted to see it and that there weren't any issues, and everything was fine.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Card Processing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 12, 2019

The company we were with when they were doing their PCI got into my home computer that posted our point of sale system, and they were going through it. Prior to that, we were notified that we were PCI 9 compliant and fined 60 dollars because my employee had, at my instructions, taken a picture of some of the produce we had in the fall. We posted them on our Facebook page for our business, and we were informed that it was a breach of security, and they were fining us for it. Next month, we were fined again. I started thinking that something fishy was going on, and I started checking all my accounts and found that the bank account that our tax refund would go into was assigned to another bank and a number. That's when I went on a hunt to find something that was a little more reputable because that's intolerable.

Host Merchant Services came up as having some of the best promises, and so far they've been good to their word. They didn't have a lot of bad reviews, and they accepted EBT cards for food stamps, which was important for our business. Their service has been working perfectly and we have not had any problems with it so far. Staff are all adapting to it, and it's faster than the other system. We're only open three days a week and on the days we're open, it's been working fine. They've been more than willing to help if I had questions about anything. They've also been quite open and transparent, and that's all I ask for.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

We process payments using a point-of-sale system. We were using QuickBooks and it was pretty pricey. I looked online and I read that Host Merchant Service was ranked pretty high in reviews and feedback so I reached out to them. I have been working with Host Merchant for two months and it’s been doing good. Right now, we’re just using swiper only. We accept most credit cards most of the time, but sometimes the customer would like to use debit cards but it’s not really a big deal. We have had customers asking for the chip reading device. When we first started, we've had a problem when the customer wanted to return items. When I have a technical problem or something, I would call Host Merchant, and they would help me right away. I’ve mostly had good experience with Host Merchant Services. I wanna try more for a few more months and to see if I really need to get a chip reading device.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I went with Host Merchant for their 24-hour service, which is nice to have. I also wanted to go with the most basic thing I could possibly get. I was gonna go with Square but I read all these things where people didn't have access to questions that were being asked. Also, Host Merchant's rates sounded better than most of the others. Although, that seems to be building up very quickly. I'm spending a lot of money monthly and my business is very small. So, I have to keep an eye on that. I had to change my address four different times with Host Merchant because anything that is mailed to my work address is susceptible to tampering since my mailbox is on the outside of the building. So, that was a pain. But other than that, the experience I've had with them has been good and the machines are working fine. There had been times when I needed to call to get things straightened out and their customer service reps have always been very helpful and polite.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I used another credit card processing company in 2006 but their fees kept going up very arbitrarily and with no warning. And when they switched over to the chip-enabled cards, knowing that I was requesting phone connectivity, they sent me internet-connective terminals. I had to manually reset them over time. Aside from that, we had a lightning strike and they insisted that the problem wasn't with the terminals. They said it was the phone line when none of the terminals would work. And I spent four days on the phone with them trying to get them to recognize that their terminals didn't work. It was a nightmare for the past year, so I gave up. I went online, looked at comparisons of merchant service accounts processing, and Host Merchant Services was among the top five. I reached out to all five of them and Host Merchant Services was the most flexible of the five. So, I went with them.

So far, I love Host Merchant. I have a swiper of inserted chip card to terminal and it's very easy to use. In fact, I haven't heard any complaints from the clinicians who worked in the practice. I started using their service at the end of August with one terminal, then I added two more terminals in November. Occasionally, we got settlements that didn't go through but we've been told that it was because the phone line was not appropriately configured at that time. So, we just had to do it again and it usually worked the second time.

I've had some conversations with three people at Host Merchant when they helped me configure the terminal or how to use it at the beginning and our interaction was fine. I've also spoken with their rep, Cameron, a couple of times via a chat or email about ordering credit card terminals and fees and he's been quite responsive to everything that I've asked. He was also very quick and very accommodating. Then, when I paid my bill for the credit card terminals I've purchased, I spoke with a woman. I gave her my credit card information over the phone and that went perfectly fine, too. Host Merchant should keep doing what they're doing. It's great.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Host Merchant Services?

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

I was not satisfied with the company that I was with, and I got Host Merchant when I researched online. They gave me a better rate, comparable to what I was paying, and we've been working with them since about 3 months ago. I process payments mostly on credit card and some we do online. The only thing we had an issue was when we needed to do a tip adjustment and we were told there’s no way to do that. So, it was like once we entered it in, before we finish the sale, we should be able to go back and readjust it, and there’s no way to do that. Other than that, we have interacted with customer service, though it's off and on and not too much, and our interactions have been fine.

Original review: May 10, 2019

The company that I was going with to do my website recommended Host Merchant Services. Everything worked out. The website is up and running and it’s working perfectly. The changeover was easy. Everything runs through our merchant account. All my payments were previously processed through PayPal but now, people can select either Paypal or a credit card. It does what it’s supposed to do, so I’m happy.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I live in Southern Louisiana and I sell boiled crawfish at a drive-through window. I got a POS system from Host Merchant Services. This is my first time doing anything like this and going with them turned out to be a good decision. The system was very easy to set up and the machine has been really fast. I know that that has a lot to do with the internet service but everything has been great. Their customer service has also been very helpful. If I had any question, I'd call them and I'd always be entertained by someone ready to help and with a good attitude.

Original review: April 25, 2019

Host Merchant's lower price made me reach out to them and Tyler contacted me in my shop. I've been with them for a month. Although the issues haven’t been settled yet, Tyler has been very diligent in getting us there. I have a mobile swiper. I also process payments online and I have been paying them into my computer with Elavon. Host Merchant is great.

Original review: April 17, 2019

We did a standard Google search for a high risk merchant account and that was how we came across Host Merchant Services and reached out to them. Their sales rep is a nice guy and I had a really good rapport with him, so I felt comfortable with Host. Everything is just getting set up and started with them. Right now, we're not currently using them and we haven't processed transactions yet on this account, but it is in our plans to use them soon and we'll definitely start processing some transactions soon. Someone asked me what was going on and why we were not processing deals. At this point, everything is on hold and we're transitioning over to an entirely different sale or a different approach for our customers. It's a little bit of a work in progress. But I'm sure they're gonna charge me every month anyway, so they're still making their money.

Host Merchant Services Company Information