toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I was with one company who took money out so the money I took in did not match what they were depositing in the bank which made it very difficult to reconcile. But with Host Merchant Services, the statements are easy to read and I know the person who sold it to me. Also, it's easy to balance the account or to reconcile from the paperwork.

I got the 510 Omni 3730LE terminal and it's very easy to use. The rep comes down every six months or a year to check if need more paper for it and he supplies us with paper. I’ve had to call a couple of times because there was something wacky with the deposit. The fellow at the help desk worked through it very easily so the service is good.

Now, I get a lot of phone calls from people saying that things have changed and we don’t have to go through a company like Host Merchant. They're saying that I've had so few chargebacks and that I'm eligible for a program which cuts out the merchant processing service I'm using, but I don't believe them. It doesn't sound good to me.

Before getting Host Merchant, we talked to several different people, and signed up with another company that essentially lied to us about their fees and cost. We often have a slow period in December, January, February and sometime in March, and what jumped out at me was even if we didn’t run a card, we had a flat fee of almost $50 a month. So, we started talking to other people to ask about their charges if we don’t run a card that much. And Host was one of a couple that said "we won’t bill you if you don’t have any fees." We’ve talked to Host a couple of times, and they’ve always done pretty much what they said. We have a terminal in the office to run cards and we do it two ways. One is we swipe the card, and the other is we’ll let the customer call us with their credit card information, then we’ll punch it in, but that way we don’t have a record of it.

We’ve been doing credit cards since 2002, and it’s always been the Verifone style machine. And Host's machine works really well, but I’m not really wild about the way this one prints. It prints small and since I’m an older guy, it doesn’t fit me. I would prefer a larger receipt than the one that we have. Even the secretary that works in here doesn't like it either and she’s in her 40s. Other than that, I’d recommend Host Merchant because right now they’re the only ones I know that are doing what they say. We’ve had bad experiences with phone and credit card companies and we don’t have time to deal with that. To me, a credit card machine is a lot like a telephone. You pick it up, you expect it to work. The credit card machine may sit here unused for two or three days, but when you need it, you don’t want to wrestle with it.

We've been using Host Merchant Services to process online payments for almost 2 years now and I haven't had any problems with them. Every time I've called them, they've been very responsive. They've gotten back in touch with me if they weren't there and worked with me on any issues I had.

We had a hard time getting set up with Host Merchant Services because we've got three separate accounts that we charge to. It took a little while to get things on track. A few different people were involved and they had to come up to our location two or three times to get things taken care of. But everybody worked really well with us and they got to our goals quickly and painlessly. Everyone is very customer-oriented which is not a norm these days. They're also willing to get to the goal however they need to. We have online payments through our parent portal, and the credit card machine where we do payments by phone and manual payments. It was a very easy transition and we picked up where we left of.

I had a booth renter who used HMS for her services. I let Ken from HMS looked at the provider I was using at the time and he showed me that their company was a better option. I switched and have been with them for three years now. I have their regular terminal and it works fine. Over the last few years, I have had to call customer service twice and if I had any issues, I have Ken's cell phone number. I just call or text him directly and he handles it immediately. Sometimes I deal with Danielle in the office and they pretty much handled everything for me. My experiences with Danielle and Ken made a world of difference. Having that personal attention and availability when I had something that might go wrong was more important to me than dealing with another outside company where everything had to be redone via phone and computer. So far, I had very few issues and HMS provided excellent service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Host Merchant Services?

We've been working with Host Merchant for 10 years and they've been excellent. Their lady rep came in and offered some prices that were different and better, and that's what we went with. We use their product everyday. We have their card swiper and it has been working fine. Their reps got back within 24 hours whenever we interact with them. Everything was good. In general, they're very pleasant to work with, and they are very helpful and courteous on the phone. They'll do anything they can to make sure that they get the service go smoothly.

A lot of our customers are using credit cards for their monthly maintenance charges and monthly billing. We use Host Merchant Services to monitor chargebacks on merchant credit cards. It's what tells us that we need to dispute so it's really helpful, and the company has been using it for years. We've got a couple of different accounts with HMS because of our different acquisitions over the years. We've opened the HMS account to monitor the transactions of each of our subsidiaries. So somebody checks the account every day looking at something.

We've got a point of sales system. Our billing software sends the invoices out and then auto-charges the cards. Customers have the ability to go into their account online themselves and pay bills, change their card if they want to, and update the information. HMS has integrated it in that process. Last November, there were a couple of times when a chargeback would hit and it would hit my email box. The reps have always been available to help me out and walk me through what the challenge is. I haven't been here long enough to really delve into other functions that HMS might offer, and we may be under-utilizing it right now. But it meets our needs and I just I need to go and learn more about it.

I've been working with Host Merchant Services for eight years now and their customer service team have always been very helpful and prompt to settle any issues.

Host Merchant Services is local to us and they have a device that would hook up to our iPhone so my wife could use her iPhone to take credit card transactions. We've heard about the company from other merchants who had used them for the same thing. We got an email that explained how to set up the iPhone. We followed the instructions and at first there was a problem, so we called the customer support line and they mentioned that the error message we were getting was caused likely by a typo. They checked the information we typed in and one of the letters was off. We fixed it and everything worked perfectly. They helped us easily and were very professional and polite.

My wife is absolutely thrilled with her account and that she can take credit cards. She makes jewelry and sells them at a location that is not-for-profit. 40% of her sale goes to the not-for-profit and the rest, she uses to buy new materials and support the business. We have the mobile swiper for a week now and it works flawlessly. No issues at all.

I did a Google search and found Host Merchant Services. I made a phone call and Cameron was the person I spoke to. He was very helpful, sincere and I felt very comfortable with what he told with regard to the company and how they operate. I could tell that he knew what he was talking about. Based on what we were looking for and a combination of their competitive pricing, he was able to meet our needs. He did a fine job in helping us and responding back.

Most of our transactions are done online via our website. The gateway itself is very user-friendly and everything is working perfectly. We've been able to process payments and we see that the payments are coming into our bank accounts as they should. We haven't had any issues, other than questions about the gateway setup, which the customer service team was able to answer very easily over the phone. They've been very responsive. Overall, the experience has been very pleasant and Host Merchant has done everything they said they were going to do. Excellent service and I was very satisfied.

We had a different provider before but Host Merchant Services has low fees and percentages. We have the regular terminal for six years now and the machine doesn't break. We've never had to contact them, which is great, and we have virtually no issue with our statements. Everything is easy.

HMS has been excellent to work with. We selected them when we were just starting out because they had the best pricing. As we have scaled our business over the last 4 years, they have continued to be a fantastic partner - proactively working with us improve service and reduce cost. You should work with them. Great service!

A business was closing out and I took over. I did an ownership change on the machine and used the terminal processing payment of Host Merchant Services. I look every night because it takes about three days to get through the checking account. They also have something where we had to call them for our secure system once a year to keep us up to date. Our business has gotten so big now we're trying to find us a point of sale machine. They did everything they could do. We had problems with the system because of computers and firewalls and they were able to get right through all that stuff.

We've got things set up on the website in January and it's awesome. Host seemed friendly and small enough that they would be able to provide good service. At some point, we decided to get the swipe machine, too. But my husband said, "Well, I've got the other one that's set up to go to this bank account, the other goes to a different bank account. And I just wanna use the old one for now." I have a provider for the swipe machine and their fees are outrageous. I hate them and want them to go away but not right now.

We're an accounting practice. If people are here, we'll swipe the card. Sometimes people call in their credit card number and we had so many of those last year. I really wanted to give people the option to do that online so they didn't have to call me and wait for me to be here when they're available. My husband was trying to figure out how he would find out if somebody made payments online. I emailed Host and they told us how to set it up and he's a lot happier with it now that he knows he can do that.

We decided to use Host Merchant Services because they're a small local company. We've been with them for a while and we haven’t had any problems. They’ve been very helpful and quick to answer the phone if I've got a question. Other than that, we don’t really need to talk to them that often. They're a nice company and I'm very satisfied and happy with the service they provide.

Our company was not glad with our previous provider. We searched on the internet, saw good reviews about Host Merchant Services, and then reached out to them. We've been with them for two months. They're very good and we're very happy.

Host Merchant Services is great and their payment processing system is easy to use. We do it from a terminal and it works seamlessly for our small business. I haven't had to use their customer service that much, but anytime I did, it's been smooth and simple.

Host Merchant Services got everything done right for us. They were super timely, super helpful, and accommodating. My stress point with the other companies really came down to either I was being sold or there was obvious mistakes on the proposals that I was getting - company name, details, and account numbers. I couldn't believe the other companies. I was like, "Wow, this is very unprofessional." And Home Merchant Services stood out as very professional.

We process payments online and over the phone, and I want to get a physical in-store card reader. So anybody who comes into our location would phone in the purchase. Four weeks we've been up and running and service has been very well, no complaints. There was initially a little bit of a question mark between them and clearance of why transfers weren't getting over to our business bank account, but then everything worked out.

The customer service is stellar, prompt, professional, and no mistakes. I want to give Cameron brownie points. He was just on it. I would throw him random questions and go like, "Hey, based on my experience in other companies I've run, what do you think about this? or Am I doing something wrong?" Or any area where I was like, "I haven't looked at one of these contracts in three years. What am I missing? Or what's changed? Why compare it?" And he was able to answer that. So super knowledgeable and I could tell that he was based in the U.S. whereas the other representatives were not.

That big one was their underwriting process. With the other ones, they were getting into a lot of my personal stuff. I was happy to provide it but I was really happy that Host Merchant Services just took a personal credit report and were like, "Cool. We're done." I recommend them all day every day every time I talk to another entrepreneur.

Host Merchant Services was excellent. I can't speak highly enough about them. I've been in business for 26 years and these guys from Host Merchant Services were attentive and ahead when there's a change in equipment. They're on top of it and they don't let my stuff expire.

How HMS helps my business - I have worked in the hospitality industry for more than 20 years and I can tell you that I have never worked with a credit card processor so dedicated to customer satisfaction. They are truly a "customer first" operation and I highly recommend them to any operator. Make them part of your Team!

I have used Host Merchant Services for credit card processing and my POS and found them to be a great, reliable service. Any questions or problems are handled promptly and professionally from their great staff. I highly recommend them.

Working with Host Merchant Services has been easy. The online program keeps everything secure and organized. Everything is a simple click away and whenever a problem occurs, which is exceptionally rare, they are taken care of quickly and professionally. We would definitely recommend this service.

Initially, I processed all my credit cards through Exxon. When I lost a part of my retail business, I opted to go with the bank. I also found that Host was much more agreeable to deal with. Then, one of the Host Merchant Services' sales people stopped in and told me what they could do for me and they did it. They provide the machine, the paper, and everything I knew they could do to process credit cards given that 95% of my business is credit card. We have a Verifone VX520 swiper so I can process all my cards. I've had many people try to sell me services very deceptively. Host was always honest about what they did. They recently lowered my rate when I asked them about the possibility of getting a better rate elsewhere and we came to terms real quick. I've had nothing but good experience and I'm a loyal person. If you do things right, I stick by you and Host has done that.

I have a small single-person boutique for almost 3 years now. I started it from my home and started with Square. Then someone mentioned Phone Swipe to me which is through North American Bancard. I switched to them and have been using them for a while when I started thinking about not just being able to use my Android phone. I really needed to have a real POS system. I have a lot of friends who also own small businesses and they were on my case about it. They couldn't believe I'm still using my phone and told me I need to get a POS system.

So I started researching and googled POS systems reviews and Host was one of the top three companies that came up. I checked the Better Business Bureau to see if there were any complaints and there were none. And I liked from the reviews that I read how transparent Host is in how they explained things. Everything was really positive. When I called and spoke with Cameron, he took a lot of time with me and explained every single thing to me and didn’t treat me like I should have known or that I wasn’t smart for not knowing. He treated me with a lot of respect and wanted to earn my business. I was really impressed with that and decided to move forward.

For the next step done, Danielle who was the young lady I spoke to was awesome and really thoughtful. She also took a lot of time to explain everything to me and made sure that I knew everything. I was comfortable with her. She also followed up and gave me her cellphone number if I have any questions. I had a popup shop so I was gonna be outside my store and it was on the weekend. I thought that was phenomenal customer service.

If I do popup shops, I use a combination of my Android phone and a laptop. I’m processing payments through my POS system, which is a Mango and then I use Host Merchant Services app on my phone if I’m out and about. I’m using the swiper on my laptop but that doesn’t work as well as the mobile one that they sent to me so I have to work through that. But we haven’t gotten through that yet because I’ve been dealing with my daughter and her being ill. But so far, so good. I am pleased with what I’ve experienced in terms of my deposits and Host's customer service. When I call in I get answers to my questions in a timely manner. If I shoot someone an email, they respond quickly. Everything has gone very smoothly with Host. The system is working out great and I’m very pleased with the way that the transactions are being handled. I was just about to email a friend of mine who owns a store and looking for a new credit card processing company the information for Host.

Host's rep, Don, was excellent at explaining all the information in detail. He did a cost analysis and took one of our spreadsheets and compared it to who we had which was CardConnect. He went above and beyond, and in the long run, Host has saved us a little bit of money. We had a good rate to begin with and it went a little lower. And Don will stop in just to say hello and ask if we need anything. He’s really taken care of us. And there’s never been a time that I sent an email and did not get a rapid response. If Don couldn’t answer it, it went directly to someone and I had an answer within that day. The machine is also working perfectly. I do highly recommend Host and I have recommended them to people in California, Mississippi, South Carolina, and New York.

Host Merchant Services Company Profile