Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.74/5
Get Pricing

Host Merchant Services offers a wide array of services that can help you enhance your business today. From payment processing and point of sale to business financing and business tools, Host Merchant Services is your one provider for all your business needs. When you sign up, you can rest assured that you are obtaining the best price and best customer service. Contact them today to learn more about their products and services.

View More View More
Host Merchant Services Call Now Toll Free (888) 701-0732 Learn More Get Pricing
Call Now Toll Free

Host Merchant Services Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I needed processing for my business and after doing a search on the internet, I got a mobile swiper from Host Merchant. We've been using Host Merchant for 6 months now and we work with the gateway, Authorize.Net. Other than I wished Authorize.Net’s mobile app was better, everything’s working great.

Get buying tips about Credit Card Processing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

I was not satisfied with the company that I was with, and I got Host Merchant when I researched online. They gave me a better rate, comparable to what I was paying, and we've been working with them since about 3 months ago. I process payments mostly on credit card and some we do online. The only thing we had an issue was when we needed to do a tip adjustment and we were told there’s no way to do that. So, it was like once we entered it in, before we finish the sale, we should be able to go back and readjust it, and there’s no way to do that. Other than that, we have interacted with customer service, though it's off and on and not too much, and our interactions have been fine.

Original review: May 12, 2019

The company we were with when they were doing their PCI got into my home computer that posted our point of sale system, and they were going through it. Prior to that, we were notified that we were PCI 9 compliant and fined 60 dollars because my employee had, at my instructions, taken a picture of some of the produce we had in the fall. We posted them on our Facebook page for our business, and we were informed that it was a breach of security, and they were fining us for it. Next month, we were fined again. I started thinking that something fishy was going on, and I started checking all my accounts and found that the bank account that our tax refund would go into was assigned to another bank and a number. That's when I went on a hunt to find something that was a little more reputable because that's intolerable.

Host Merchant Services came up as having some of the best promises, and so far they've been good to their word. They didn't have a lot of bad reviews, and they accepted EBT cards for food stamps, which was important for our business. Their service has been working perfectly and we have not had any problems with it so far. Staff are all adapting to it, and it's faster than the other system. We're only open three days a week and on the days we're open, it's been working fine. They've been more than willing to help if I had questions about anything. They've also been quite open and transparent, and that's all I ask for.

Original review: May 10, 2019

The company that I was going with to do my website recommended Host Merchant Services. Everything worked out. The website is up and running and it’s working perfectly. The changeover was easy. Everything runs through our merchant account. All my payments were previously processed through PayPal but now, people can select either Paypal or a credit card. It does what it’s supposed to do, so I’m happy.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I live in Southern Louisiana and I sell boiled crawfish at a drive-through window. I got a POS system from Host Merchant Services. This is my first time doing anything like this and going with them turned out to be a good decision. The system was very easy to set up and the machine has been really fast. I know that that has a lot to do with the internet service but everything has been great. Their customer service has also been very helpful. If I had any question, I'd call them and I'd always be entertained by someone ready to help and with a good attitude.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Host Merchant Services?

Original review: April 25, 2019

Host Merchant's lower price made me reach out to them and Tyler contacted me in my shop. I've been with them for a month. Although the issues haven’t been settled yet, Tyler has been very diligent in getting us there. I have a mobile swiper. I also process payments online and I have been paying them into my computer with Elavon. Host Merchant is great.

Original review: April 17, 2019

We did a standard Google search for a high risk merchant account and that was how we came across Host Merchant Services and reached out to them. Their sales rep is a nice guy and I had a really good rapport with him, so I felt comfortable with Host. Everything is just getting set up and started with them. Right now, we're not currently using them and we haven't processed transactions yet on this account, but it is in our plans to use them soon and we'll definitely start processing some transactions soon. Someone asked me what was going on and why we were not processing deals. At this point, everything is on hold and we're transitioning over to an entirely different sale or a different approach for our customers. It's a little bit of a work in progress. But I'm sure they're gonna charge me every month anyway, so they're still making their money.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Some of the products we sell are considered higher risk to other traditional merchant service providers. We reached out to Host Merchant and we process payments through online, POS. We've been using them for three months now, and everything's been running smoothly. I deal with Robert. He's super responsive, which is one thing I liked about him. It's not like we're a new business. We've been running for a long time. It's just things have gotten updated in recent years on the merchant side, which is why some of stuff was deemed high risk. So, it's completely new. We had a bunch of other merchant services approach us, but Host Merchant Services were the most reliable in terms of getting back to us, answering our questions, going out of their way to take care of things. They're good compared to Elavon and First Data, the ones we've used before. Service is on par but it feels a little more personal with Host Merchant.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I had displeasure in what I was getting previously with my merchant service. Host Merchant Services' rates were competitive and it looked like their service is going to be a bit better. We process payments through POS and we've had Host Merchant for a couple of months now, but I don't like the machine very much. It is more complicated to use than the other one. While it seems to work adequately, I have to hit more buttons before I run the transaction, which is a pain. My sales rep took care of sending back the old equipment and we will find out in the next couple of days if it got taken care of expediently. I got charged for it last month, which I wasn't really pleased about, but we will see about this month.

Host Merchant Services response

Hi Tim! Thank you for opening an account with us! I'm very happy to hear we were able to lower your rates and offer better service! We want to make sure you are as happy as possible, so I am going to have a specialist reach out to make sure we take care of all of your concerns!

Thank you again! Please don't hesitate to contact us for anything you need!

-John Burns

Host Merchant Services

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

We process payments using a point-of-sale system. We were using QuickBooks and it was pretty pricey. I looked online and I read that Host Merchant Service was ranked pretty high in reviews and feedback so I reached out to them. I have been working with Host Merchant for two months and it’s been doing good. Right now, we’re just using swiper only. We accept most credit cards most of the time, but sometimes the customer would like to use debit cards but it’s not really a big deal. We have had customers asking for the chip reading device. When we first started, we've had a problem when the customer wanted to return items. When I have a technical problem or something, I would call Host Merchant, and they would help me right away. I’ve mostly had good experience with Host Merchant Services. I wanna try more for a few more months and to see if I really need to get a chip reading device.

Host Merchant Services Company Information