4.0/5 (59 ratings)

About Hibu

Hibu provides integrated, custom digital marketing solutions for small to medium-sized businesses across the United States. Hibu creates interconnected digital marketing solutions that maximize your visibility on search engines, like Google, in voice search and on social media, like Facebook, to generate more clicks, call and leads. Hibu offers a complete line of digital products, so you can get everything you need to advertise your business online from a single partner.

Pros

• Custom marketing solutions
  • Synchronized for better results
  • Everything from a single provider

Cons

• Must request quote for pricing
  • Multi-step process (not DIY)

Bottom Line

Hibu’s digital marketing solutions work as a single interconnected campaign to generate more clicks, call and leads. Hibu makes it easy for business owners to get everything they need to advertise their business online.

Hibu Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hibu?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hibu?

Original review: Jan. 28, 2013

They forged my name on a renewal and have got a collection agency to collect. I am willing to join in a class action lawsuit against them.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2013

This company promises the world and delivers absolutely nothing. They then use militant tactics to try and threaten their customers. Do not waste your time with this company. They are total sheisters. They will not deliver anything worth anything. Trust me, they’re not good citizens.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2013

My fiancé (and partner) spent over three hundred dollars for non-functioning web and print advertising (Yellowbook Web & Book Advertising). The representative promised us he would help us establish MapQuest Business online location advertising as part of this service. When we called him, he would not return our calls several times, many weeks past. Then, we had to call his supervisor for help. He called and promised again! And he promised again to help us and disappeared. We set up the web page. It took months to get this information correctly formatted. They didn't get our email or our phone number right (no matter how many times we gave them the right numbers and e-mails) for months! It took many calls (and more calls) to get this hammered out. This means no customers could contact us for jobs. What were we paying for?

The sales rep had all the right main information on our application, and still they couldn't get it together. Then when we had the phone book delivered to us, it had some of the listings missing that were promised to us. We were expected to keep paying another $75 each month, for another six months, for this slipshod, non-functional advertising. I am not sorry we stopped paying for this. Our waste of time and money is ridiculous! They don't deserve the money they received in the first place. And we won't pay for it! If anything, they owe us the money we paid them. Not one single job was generated from their advertising. I am being completely honest!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2013

I have read over 100 complaints online about fraud, deceptive sales and lack of customer service. About 20 of them are exactly what I'm going through right now. Yellow Book forged my name on contracts then sued me for the balance. They are now trying to take my personal property. So instead of just writing complaints and dealing with the local Sheriff department, I have decided to file a class action lawsuit against them. I need people who are willing to stand up to them and fight back. As business owners, we do everything to get our name out there and are often duped. But to just rip us off from the beginning, that can't happen. We can't let that happen. Anybody who is willing to join the class action, please email me your info and the amount of your loss.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2013

Yellow Book is a business to avoid at all costs. They so obviously forged my signature for ads for a company I had worked for. They then falsely attested under oath that it was my signature. They got a personal judgment against me. I am absolutely livid and I would like to be a part of a class action suit. Yellow Pages - a rotten company, liars and cheats!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2012

If you do not buy advertising with Yellowbook, they publish bogus phone numbers for your business or put your competitors’ phone number in. We demanded they remove us from their system and 3 years later, they still have the wrong phone number!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2012

Business was only open for 1 month while Yellow Book was advertising. No contract was signed. Not a single bit of business was gained from it for me since the business was closed. They were notified of the closing but felt that monthly fees should still be charged for the remainder of the year. Their customer service is horrible. If I had ever talked to anyone there with half a brain, I'm sure this would have been resolved simply. Do not use Yellow Book!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2012

I am a one-man operation in a computer repair shop. This sales guy, Christopher, walked and told me all about how Yell can make me a website and SEO for like $109 a month and I can opt out at any time. So what I got was a 5-page website and access to Yellowbook.com, no SEO at all. I can't even find the website in Google and I looked many times. They won't let me out of the contract, won't let me cancel. They said that I have to wait 30 days before contract is up to cancel; otherwise, it auto renews. It's a total rip off, the worst mistake I have made in my business. Never ever go with Yellowbook or Hibu as they have renamed themselves. Crooks.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2012

We contracted with Yellow Book for 3 full page ads in the local phone book. They printed our competition's truck and colors in our ad, sent out 500,000 copies of the phone book and charged us $24,000. When I brought their mistake to their attention, they offered me 10% off. My attorney is now fighting for me. The end result will be Yellow Book paying me for damages. Never contract with Yellow Book for anything. I have used several of their services, they are all bad and way overpriced.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2012

I signed no contract and am still receiving invoices for a "service" I did not request or approve $484.00. They refuse to return my calls. I'll lose, but I will see them in court.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2012

Our company received two emails regarding confirmation of our advertising agreement. There are only two people (myself and the owner) who work for this business and neither one of us had any contact with Yellowbook about advertising or anything else for that matter. The tone of the emails make it seem that they are following up on our desire to advertise with them. This is not the case and I will be referring them to the Florida Attorney General's office for unscrupulous business practices.

Original review: July 19, 2012

About 7:30am today, I heard something hit my front door. It was loud. I looked outside the window and saw a van leaving. I then opened the front door and saw the new Yellow Book on my front porch, alongside my freshly broken cactus plant. Obviously, the reckless delivery person had just thrown the Yellow Book at my door, breaking my plant in the process.

Original review: July 18, 2012

They got me to sign three contracts in one day then sued me. The representative called before renew. I signed one contract. The rep called back and said I should also be in the two other local books. I explained that we could not afford them. He offered to be able to add the other books for no additional charge. He sent over what he claimed was a change order. Unknown to me, it was a new order. Then, he offered a $495 a year deal on internet advertising. He then sent over the third contract. Again, he explained, it’s just the way we do it. It is not a new contract, it is a change order.

After receiving the first bill, I knew something was wrong. They would not call or talk with me. They came back three years later and sued me and my company. The judge basically said “so sorry” you signed them you owe them $35,000.00 at 18% interest as well. They won! On the stand, the representative from Yellow Book, when asked about how many he does, laughed and said we have over 300 cases in Texas alone and the average is $60,000.00! Fraud is all I can say about this company.

Original review: May 29, 2012

Fraudulent charges. I had an agreement with Yellow Book 360. They continuously messed up our advertising for several months. I then proceeded to tell them that we no longer wish to use them after many attempts, and that I would be canceling their services for their many mistakes, but then they're trying to bill me for them.

Original review: May 24, 2012

We don't advertise with Yellow Book. I got a call from a rep today asking if we wanted to "renew our ad," and quoted me a really expensive ad price for something we would never do. Her name was Jennifer. I declined. She then asked if we had any presence on the internet, and I told her that we were very well taken care of. So, instead of being nice and saying, "Thanks for your time," she hung up on me! What business does that? They won't be in business long treating people like that.

Original review: May 15, 2012

When the Yellow Book sales rep John ** came to my business, I told him that I did not want to advertise in Yellow Book. Like a fool, I let him talk me into doing a proof for a free ad with an 855 number. I would pay for only legitimate calls that brought my company business. He said I didn't have to accept it, but it would really help him if I decided to place the ad. That way, he wouldn't have to make another trip. The proofs were sent two weeks later with incorrect information, so I returned them with "Cancel, I do not want your service" in huge red letters. Two weeks later, I got the same proofs with the note "If you require a change, sign and return". Again, I wrote "Cancel, we are not using your service". I thought that was the end.

Imagine my surprise when $96.00 was removed from my bank account by electronic transfer. I went to the bank to have the transfer stopped. The lady at the bank told me that just yesterday, another costumer was with a similar complaint about Yellow Book. I have forwarded to Yellow Book copies of all the cancellation paperwork with proof of mailing and return receipts proving they received them a third time. Yellow Book ignores all my correspondence and now has started sending me a bill with the warning that if I fail to respond, I will have late fees added. If I had read all the complaints on Yellow Book, I would have not allowed their sales rep in my door. How can I stress this? I don't have anything to do with Yellow Book!

Original review: April 17, 2012

My website, email address and business location were all wrong. I emailed and called but cannot get anyone to talk to me. I filed with BBB and then, "Yell Global" called me and wanted to settle. After reviewing the settlement, I decided not to sign because the wording says "this should not be construed as an admission of wrongdoing". After all the dispute, the local sales rep called and asked me to renew. Are you kidding? Yellowbook, I will never use the service again.

Original review: April 4, 2012

In January 2010, I cancelled all of our Yellow Book ads. They informed me I didn't cancel the online ad and continued to bill me for the ad for another year. Today, a year and a half later, they called to verify my "cancellation" and told me I would be billed $599.00 for the remainder of the 2-year contract. I don't have any record of a contract, but the person informed me that our first year was complimentary, which is a lie; we paid for it. Our second year we paid for, because they said we didn't cancel it in time. And now, they said we owe for the remainder of the contract amount? They were drafting our bank account for the monthly payment, so now I'm very concerned that they will start that again.

I told them we didn't owe them anything and that I had cancelled it via phone, mailed a letter, and emailed our Yellow Book rep. Still, they are trying to charge us. I talked to a manager, and after telling her this, I told her to contact our Yellow Book rep and take it up with him. Then she hung up on me. When is this company going to be stopped? How can they be stopped? How can a company continue to rip people off and stay in business, like they do? Every business out there needs to be warned of companies like Yellow Book and to not venture into any business dealings with them.

Original review: April 4, 2012

To make the long story short, I opened a small Thai restaurant with my wife which lasted a year, and we decided to sell. About two months in business, this lady named Lori ** came in to get a bite to eat and told me her story about how great Yellow Book is for business. I was never ever told by this woman that this would be a 1-year contract.

I asked her specifically if this was a contract, and she said I could cancel anytime. I signed her little digital signature computer, and that was that. The online ad they made was completely horrible; the proof prints they sent were horrible. And that's when I wanted to cancel but found out the hard way after talking with their rude customer service that I had to pay in full!

What can I do to make sure these ** pay for lying? I have 6 months until the contract expires and am stuck paying $130 each month. And I'm barely making it without a job. If anyone has any tips on where I can file any class action lawsuits or anything to help this company shut down for good, please let me know.

Original review: March 9, 2012

We refused to renew an ad with Yellow Book so they made the "free listing" with our fax number as the main number. There’s no telling how much business we lost over this. I am livid. They do not answer their phones. They seem to always be in a meeting. The online complaint form is completely useless. I would rather not even be listed with them as to have erroneous information published that has cost us untold amount of business and there is no apparent way to get it resolved.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2012

I called Yellowbook to place an ad in their 2012/2013 Coastal Ft. Lauderdale book. The sales rep, Jeffery ** told me if I bought a mailing from Yellowbook, my ad in the book would be free. The mailing cost $737 which I paid in full. The book came out, I'm not there. Each employee tells me a different story. Sales rep said, "must have been a system roll over issue". Seth, his boss, does not know. A different manager claims I did not make the deadline, which is not true.

Whose job was it to make sure my ad was in the book by the deadline? No one knows. Yellowbook offers free listing online. Do not sign up with Yellowbook. Spend your marketing dollars some place else.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2012

The company faxed what looked like an update, and was signed by an unauthorized employee. We sent a letter advising we issue purchase orders with authorized signatures, for anything we buy. We were charged $1,068 plus $60 in late fees. They are now threatening to send our account to a collection agency. I went online. Why isn't something being done to stop this company, like in other states? Some states have banned them from doing business.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2012

We purchased a child care center from another party. Yellow Book called stating that we owed them money for the previous owners. We made sure that we had cancelled the contract with the previous owners. We did not want to renew because we were aware of the reputation that Yellow Book had among the other business owners in our area. We are now getting harassed for the balance owed by the previous owner. We have tried to have a civil conversation with these people. They have called me a liar, they have threatened us and they have demanded that I give them my credit card number. They insist that we are going to pay the balance no matter who is responsible.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2012

Yellow Book is a scam! They prey on the “little guy”, offering services for a very small amount (3 payments of $45) and instead turning around and trying to scam money from these small businesses. My mother and I operate a very small consignment store. When we first opened, we were visited by a Yellow Book rep and offered this wonderful service: advertising for us for under $200 for the year. He also told us he would bring some items in and donate the clothing to the store.

We accept donations and give the funds that are made to an all girls home. So it was a win, win for us: advertising at a great price and donations to a charity that is very near and dear to our hearts. Instead, we are now receiving bill after bill, each one a different amount. We are threatened weekly to be turned into a collections agency. This company refuses to acknowledge the initial agreement, will not take any form of payment except for the huge bills that keep getting larger each invoice. This is crazy! Why should we be bullied into paying money for a service we did not agree to?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2012

We opened a business in November 2007 and when the advertising opportunity presented itself we began yellow page/internet advertising through the Berry Company Publications. After the first years cycle, we realized the yellow page and internet advertising was not productive and canceled our contract though we paid all the charges for that first year in full. In December 2010, I noticed that monthly charges for advertising had continued to hit my credit card and spoke about this to a representative over the phone. This resulted in The Berry Company Publications agreeing to cancel the "contract" which I had not thought was renewed anyway.

Unfortunately, this call did not result in a reversal of the recent charges to my card as I had expected. In fact, my credit card was charged again for December 2010 even though that was the month the new yellow pages were published and I was not in them. I was able to call my credit card company and get some of the most recent monthly charges reversed but this only resulted in The Berry Company then mailing me bills and then making collection calls to our office. I spoke to one of their callers and explained that the bills were not valid but he said he could not help me and that I would need to call back to a different number and talk to a different department.

I, unfortunately, made the mistake of thinking my conversation with him would suffice but after a number of months went by, I received a threatening letter from a collection agency. What tops this off is not the amount of those last charges but the time I now have to invest in responding to a collection agency for invalid charges which were never approved by me.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2012

Well, I’m the owner of a small plumbing business from Portage, Indiana. I was called many times by the Yellow Book to advertise with them. They told us that business would better than double and the cost wouldn’t even be a drop in the bucket, really? It cost us about $800.00 per month but it didn’t even come close to paying for the advertisement. The young woman that sold us the ad left there and Heather was her name. So we had to do the artwork we paid to have done by our printer. Now, we are being sued by Yellow Book for $10,000.000. And to make sure they can win, they held court about 150 miles away. How can the justice system let this happen? I wonder if they didn’t buy that judge. Next, they want me in jail. I’m a U.S.ARMY vet, sued by Yellow Book advertising.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2011

Yellow Book is not an advertising agency. They are a scam operation and a collection agency. Like a fool, I submitted to the high pressure sales efforts of one of their sales reps, and I am now out of more than $1,100! The sales rep claimed that Yellow Book was receiving 10,000 hits a year for insurance in my home town. It’s a complete lie. No one goes to Google to search for restaurants or insurance by first keying in "Yellow Book". I was hit by a scam operation.

After I placed the ad, it took more than 30 days to place a simple entry on their website. Worse yet, it was not the ad designed by the sales rep and myself. Of course, the sales rep said, "Nothing I can do." She gave me the cell phone for some mysterious person named "JR". He did not answer as Yellow Book and expressed extreme reluctance to address my concerns. He was, however, very aggressive in reminding me that I had "signed a contract". JR expressed no concern at all that my advertising with Yellow Book was worthless.

Worst of all, my ad was used to place banner ads at the top of my advertising page! And they inserted web page links in my ad for my direct competitors ahead of my contact information. Warning: don't spend a dime with these scam artists!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2011

I didn't sign up for service with YB, but they were generous enough to give me a free listing. The name appeared correctly Brick's Pizza, but the phone number listed was that of my competitor. This was no accident for our numbers are not even close. It was too much of a coincidence. I can only guess at this point that the sales rep paid money to give my competitor info regarding my not being listed, and sliding their phone number in instead of mine. I would be interested in talking to an attorney bout this business practice. It sounds pretty unlawful and unethical to me.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2011

Our business, PC Depot, was listed online and in the local directory with the wrong phone number. When I called about it to complain, I was given excuse after excuse, saying that they get their information online from free sources.

Our website is www.boropcdepot.com. It's free and I'm pretty sure they didn't check it. They will not admit to making the mistake and so far have not offered anything to make up for it. The number listed for us belongs to another business down the street. After looking up their listing, I noticed that it was incorrect also. The number listed for them belongs to the business next door.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2011

I submitted a letter on 2/17/2010 to cancel and Yellow Book charges me! Does not acknowledge me. Rep and 360 ignores me on issue. Media scams my business. I am submitting certificate to acknowledge to cancel and not sign to bill me. Cancel on time. Bills continue. Do not call. Letter ignored. Threatening later of bills and calls.

Hibu Company Information