4.5/5 (128 ratings)

About Hibu

Hibu provides integrated, custom digital marketing solutions for small to medium-sized businesses across the United States. Hibu creates interconnected digital marketing solutions that maximize your visibility on search engines, like Google, in voice search and on social media, like Facebook, to generate more clicks, call and leads. Hibu offers a complete line of digital products, so you can get everything you need to advertise your business online from a single partner.

Pros

• Custom marketing solutions
  • Synchronized for better results
  • Everything from a single provider

Cons

• Must request quote for pricing
  • Multi-step process (not DIY)

Bottom Line

Hibu’s digital marketing solutions work as a single interconnected campaign to generate more clicks, call and leads. Hibu makes it easy for business owners to get everything they need to advertise their business online.

Hibu Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hibu?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hibu?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2009

We have advertised for our business (a veterinary hospital) for several years in the Yellowbook directory. As usual, we renewed our ads in the 2009-10 local edition with the expected five or so percent increase in cost. To our surprise, there were several changes to the directory when it came out. First, the directory was literally half the physical size of previous editions causing significant reduction in ad size to the extent that some text content may be hard to read for some people. Secondly, the directory has always included both business and residential listings in their white pages section. This edition totally eliminated residential listings, halving the information content of the directory.

The third problem also involved the white pages section which actually consists of three or four geographical listing sections. In previous editions, each section was demarcated by black tabs on the page edges. This edition has no demarcations whatsoever. You have to thumb through and find the first page of the section to know where you are, making it very inconvenient to use.

Foremost, we were not informed of any of these changes. We paid for a certain size ad, in a directory with a promoted certain amount of content and information. This seems to fit the definition of bait-and-switch. I would suspect that with the smaller size, Yellowbook saved considerably on their printing costs, but I do not believe any of this was passed on to advertising customers. If I had known of the changes, I would not have renewed, at least at the same cost as previous editions. After forwarding my complaints, Yellowbook's response has been an offer of 20% off our renewal in the next edition. So far, I have declined and we are not renewing our advertisement.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2009

I had a terrible experience 2 years ago when I purchased an ad from an individual, who came and talked with a laptop and the whole bit. I purchased an ad with all the promises that go with it - free listing in 3 books, etc. I signed my contract and he went on his way. Several months later, I received a bill. There were all kinds of changes on the bill. I told them I didn't authorize them. They said it didn't matter because I had signed the bill. I told them that the bill had been scratched out and changes made. There were no initials and I hadn't authorized these changes. Too bad, you owe us the money. In January, I received a voucher that Yellow Book had been taken to court and that I had an $84.00 credit with them, as I was named as a plaintiff, as were people who had advertised with them for a certain period of time. I filed it in the mail and decided that I wouldn't be needing it, but kept it.

A few weeks later, a rep came. I explained the horrible service, the false bill that had been altered after I submitted, my request for advertising and that I didn't want to place an ad. She talked me in to a great deal, she'll make up the bad service to me with an ad in 2 other books, free online listing, etc. I told her about the voucher I have at home and she said no problem, she will credit it to me; just email her a copy of the voucher. I emailed a copy of the voucher. I was then requested to put the voucher in the mail. This was in May.

I signed and put the voucher in the mail. They sent it back to me and said that I signed it too early for me to get a credit for it. They sent it back to me. I called Yellow Book; they told me to email a copy of it. I did this for 3 different people, got harassing phone calls for the balance, asked them to please credit the voucher balance as I was promised and I would pay the balance. I have now emailed 4 or 5 times, called almost monthly, had harassing phone calls and bills and bills. They have never honored the voucher. Don't take them at their word; it may not happen.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2009

I receive several calls a day from Yellow Book Pages Online and we are on the National Do Not Call List. I have asked them several times to remove us from the calling list, still they call. The numbers they call from are 216-486-7300. When called back about 1 minute later, it says the phone number has been disconnected. This has been an ongoing problem between them and the company I work for. Since the office phone is transferred to my cell phone because of surgery I had due to cancer, I get charged for incoming calls and they are a lot of them from Yellow Book.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2009

We had a contract with Yellowbook for 2008 for a print ad. We paid up front with the salesman. Online advertising was provided as a promotion. In 2009, a sales rep came back around, and we signed a form for cancellation for 2009. We did not want to continue service. This form clearly lists the print ad as well as the internet placement to be cancelled. Well, in June, we started getting a bill for the internet. I have contacted them several times and faxed the cancellation copy I have to them several times.

Now, they called yesterday and said that this form was not a valid cancellation and that a certified letter must be mailed. The term "internet placement" has nothing to do with the online advertising, so the cancellation form did not actually cancel the online ad. I checked the terms and conditions, and there is nothing defining the term "internet placement" to be what the main office told me. Now, since it was promotional last year, compliment to our print ad, where is the contract? We didn't sign any contract agreeing to any internet charge. So where is the explanation of fees? Also, I checked online and our business is not even listed.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2009

Yellow Book is nothing but lies and deception. Please, no one else fall for their lies. They say you can cancel after 2 months, except after 2 months, they act like you don't know what you're talking about. I had 3 phone calls with them. I asked for recordings of all 3. I received call #2 and #3. It has now been about 45 days and I have not heard a single word about call #1. Guess which call I was told I can cancel after 2 months? Ridiculous that they can treat people this way. Being self-employed and paying for something that produces no results is taking food off my table.

Original review: July 17, 2009

I am the former owner of ** of Manawa, WI. In January 2009, I was contacted by the Yellowbook sales rep, Tim **, regarding advertising in the 2009 directory. At the time, I was awaiting the outcome of a pending real estate/business purchase in Maine which would result in my relocation and the closure or sale of **. Hence, I told Tim over the phone that I was unable to make a decision regarding advertising at that time. He suggested that he could come out anyway in order to discuss advertising options in the event the Maine purchase did not transpire. At our meeting, Tim assured me that I could call customer service and cancel anytime before April 1st, as the directory would not be printed until May. With that assurance, I signed the contract for the advertising on January 8, 2009.

As it happened, in March, the purchase of the Maine property was finalized. I contacted Yellowbook customer service as Tim suggested, but was informed that it was now too late to cancel the advertising. I then contacted Tim, and after speaking with his supervisor, he told me to write a formal letter to Yellowbook stating that I would no longer own **. I sent the letter on March 20th which Yellowbook received on March 23rd. On March 31, 2009, I sold ** and relocated to Caribou, Maine on April 13, 2009.

I thought the matter was settled until I received an invoice in June for the advertising. Again, I contacted Tim who promised to look into the matter. For the past month, I have been calling him for updates weekly as he continued to discuss the matter with his superiors. Finally, today, he said there was nothing more that he could do for me. He told me that his manager said I should call customer service and open a claim. When I called, I was told that I could not open a claim because the advertising was already in print.

Because of the uncertainty of my plans at the time, I would never have signed for the advertising if I had thought I would only have a week to cancel. It was only because of Tim's assurance as Yellowbook's company representative that I would have until April to cancel the advertising that I signed for it. However, Yellowbook has not been willing to do stand behind what Tim, their sales representative, told me. Having exhausted all means to resolve this matter with Yellowbook, I am now appealing to both the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General for assistance in this matter.

Original review: July 16, 2009

I purchased an advertisement as an anonymous donation to my local theater. Upon purchase, I was very explicit that I was purchasing this for a one-year term as a donation and did not want to renew. Yellow Book representative, Mark ** assured me this would not be a problem. With Mark ** and the theater's publicity director, I worked to get the advertisement approved by the board. We would correct a problem and then we would be sent a new advertisement with a different problem. Due to the constant mistakes, we were not listed on the web in a timely manner and told that the account could be adjusted so it would run an extra month to make up for the problems. Even after sending in the final approved work, a mistake was made on the website and listed my personal address instead of the theater's address for over a month before a correction was made.

Since this was a donation, the number to the president of the Board of Directors was requested to verify information. This number was never approved for print. The number that was printed happened to be the president of the theater's work number at a local radio station. Imagine the confusion when people called the management number for the theater and received a receptionist at another business. Additionally, the address listed was incorrectly formatted, we do not use hyphens in our address numbers in our area. Mark ** apologized for that as well, stating that it was too hard to change it because the computer program used to create the advertisement was formatted for the other area.

Upon receiving a renewal notice, I contacted Yellow Book and stated that I would not be paying for another year. I was asked by the phone representative if there was a reason and I stated the poor service and trouble at the beginning of the process, i.e., the amount of time it took get the advertisement together and the multiple corrections. I was told it would be canceled. About a month later, I received a bill for services at which time I again called and explained that I had paid in full for one year only and I had canceled the previous month. Again, I listed all the problems. Additionally, I sent the bill in with a written note that the account was to be canceled. In June, I received yet another bill and called and spoke with David. He assured me the account would be canceled and apologized for all the problems.

On July 16, 2009, I received a delinquent notice for the time up to June when David canceled the account. Perhaps I misunderstood, but I thought David had adjusted the account for all of the problems encountered. I have sent in payment due to the continuing addition of late fees and I have requested an adjustment for the incorrect additional phone number added to the advertisement because the contract states I can receive compensation for that.

Original review: June 26, 2009

I clicked on a free trial for Yellowbook.com and when it came time to either decide to keep up with the ad or not, I chose to keep the ad going, but I clearly stated that if I didn't get any responses, I would cancel my service with them. There was no mention of a year's contract at all.

I called to cancel my ad after 1 month more and the rep on the phone stated that I had signed a contract for a year! I let him know that I hadn't signed anything but he said that I made a verbal agreement over the phone. I was never once told that the contract was for a year. I told her that I was not able to afford $50.00 a month permanently but if I got a client or two, I would keep the ad going and if I didn't I was not willing to continue paying for the ad. At this point, you would think that there would be mention of a year's contract that you can't get out of!

There was not I have called, e-mailed left messages, and apparently, the person that I spoke with is not there or the extension is not valid and there is no listing on the company directory. No one knows who she is and yet I have a contract made with a ghost!

Original review: June 11, 2009

I signed up for Yellow book online advertising in April 2008 with their sales rep, Darrel **. I was told that this could be canceled any time because it was online. After a few months went by, I found that this online ad was not worth what it was costing me so I tried to cancel. Yellow Book would not let me cancel until 12 months. Yellow Book had told me that this is a 12-month agreement. I tried to call Darrel but I had to just leave messages. I went ahead with the 12 months, and could not wait for that 12th month. March bill of 2009 came and I called customer service to make sure this cancelled. I talked to Sam, phone# ** and he told me to write cancel on my invoice and sign it. This would cancel it. I received another bill beyond the 12 months. Amanda called me on 6/11/09. I was forced to pay this or it would go to collection and affect my credit.

Original review: June 11, 2009

Approximately one and a half years ago, the Yellow Book USA salesman, S. **, came to my office. His reason for coming was to sign my business up for one more year of advertising in the Yellow Book. A contract was agreed upon and signed. At this time, we had a past due balance. S. did not bring up this past due balance at this meeting. Approximately two months later, S. came back to my office. He told me that Yellow Book would not be able to continue running the previously agreed upon advertisement for my company unless I immediately paid them $5000.00. After negotiating with Yellow Book, they agreed to accept two payments of $1500.00 each, one payment on that day and the next due in thirty days. Both of these payments were made. This would entitle us to continue its contract with Yellow Book and our ad would be in for the coming year.

The new Yellow Book came out in June. Imagine my dismay upon discovering that our agreed upon ad was not there! I contacted S. and was told that he was very sorry but Yellow Book was unwilling to live up to the terms of our agreement. He told me that there were numerous other customers that Yellow Book had done this to. He is also dismayed by the way his company treated his customers. Yellow Book’s failure to uphold our agreement has cost Tri-County Aluminum approximately $300,000.00 in lost revenue. This will probably force the company into bankruptcy. This account was our only form of advertising at that time.

We, as small business owners, were told that if we complied with Yellow Book’s payment plans, we would be able to continue advertising in next year’s book. I know that there are a lot of other small businesses out there that they have done this to. This deserves to be looked into at a higher level. Many businesses and families did not deserve to be treated in this very unethical and unprofessional manner. Our only hope of survival is that we gain lawful representation in this ongoing matter. Thank you for your time and we hope to be hearing from you soon.

Original review: June 2, 2009

In February 2009, I renewed my advertising with Yellow Book/Clarke phone book. I signed a contract. The book is coming out in September 2009. In May 14, 2009, I sent a letter of cancellation. I did 4 months before the book is out and before they print my ad. But they refused to cancel. Why? Now the economy is bad. For that reason, I need to cancel before it’s late and before the book is out in September 2009.

Original review: April 13, 2009

A while back, I received a telemarketing call from Jennifer ** (who no longer works there). She worked in the sales department in Yellow Book, USA. Now Joe ** works there. I told her on the phone no! She continued to pressure me to buy the plan. She kept telling me that I would get all this business and make thousands a week which was a lie! Eventually, I fell behind on the Yellow Book bill. I continued to get calls and letters that would not stop. Joe even came to my home once and he even ordered food to be delivered to my home. Joe looked at what was on my home computer and was looking at what was on it. He kept begging me to make a payment to Yellow Book.

Eventually, the bill went to collections in their collections office in Florida. I just got a letter today. The balance is over $700 and keeps going up over $100 per month. Even today, the collection calls and the letters continue. I'm now on Disability and cannot work to pay this off. I'm afraid to get a job because of the worries of possibly being taken to court and having my wages (which is none) garnished. This has kept me from finding a job. I'm hoping something can be done here before they do take me to court.

Original review: April 9, 2009

We received our Yellow Book, and our address and phone number are the ones we had 39 years ago. Where do they get the information? We have lived in a different town for 37 years with a different address. Who is responsible for that?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2009

We had signed up for ads in several directories. Unfortunately, on the Lake County directory, they used the wrong spelling on the company name, added phone numbers which they should not have and the ad looked very bad. We never received proofs for our ad. We were trying to contact our rep prior to the print and never received calls back because his home was flooding. We were told we would get a credit back in October 2007. Beginning of January, I emailed the company with no response. I called today, 1/27/09. They did show on my file the email sent in. However, there is no reason why they would not have contacted me back. I had to argue with her that the account even existed. Finally, I was told it was all taken care of. However, they still owed a deposit back which now we have to wait another 4-6 weeks.

Our company is not getting exposure in our own county. They listed the cell number for my only plumber, who will have to stop working to answer his phone as to not lose potential customer calls. Not to mention the customer who is currently paying his time is not happy with him on the phone. This was so far a waste of our time and money with no results. We lost business due to this mishap!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2009

We have had a Yellow Book ad for several years. Every six months or so, they call to "verify" our address, phone and fax number. Usually they use someone with a heavy accent to do so (probably took the job away from an American and shipped it overseas to a third world country)! After you do this, they put someone else on the line who verifies the same information again! It's annoying and absolutely unnecessary. We canceled our ad!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2008

Please disregard the 1st complaint. I made several mistakes in typing it. My sales representative from Yellow Book USA lied to me about yellow page advertising. I have had a small ad with Yellow Book for a few years with no problems. I called my salesman in 12/07 when I received a postcard in the mail about Yellow Book's new internet advertising. My salesman recommended I advertise in my adjacent county's directory, which he said that business was great in, for under $200 a month for 12 months and my home county's directory, which included 1st page listing in YellowBook.com.

He emphatically said that the 2 bills would never overlap, my home county's directory billing would have started in 7/08. Even though I asked repeatedly how the 2 bills would not overlap, he said, Trust me, they won't overlap. I paid the 1st billing for the adjacent county's directory in 3/08. It just kept bugging me how the 2 billings would not overlap. After many unanswered attempts to reach my salesman, I called his supervisor, Todd **, about the matter. He told me that of course the 2 billings would overlap.

This supervisor could have cared less that I was lied to and told me that he has had trouble with this salesman before. His only solution to the matter was to try and sell me additional internet advertising. I even talked to Lisa ** who talked to Maria **, Asst. V. Pres. of advertising and public relations. They said that there was nothing they could do. I owed the money for the entire year. I was able to cancel my home county's directory. I stopped paying the bills because I was lied to and because of that Yellow Book breached their contract with me.

If I had known the 2 bills would overlap, I would never have advertised in my adjacent county. I would have stuck to my home county's directory. By the way, I have had only 3 calls in 10 months from the adjacent county's directory. Now I am being hounded by collection attorneys. I just received a letter from a local attorney giving me 10 days or else.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2008

My sales representative from Yellow Book USA lied to me about Yellow page advertising. I have had a small ad with Yellow Book for a few years with no problems. I called my salesman in 12/07 when I received a postcard in the mail about Yellow Book's new internet advertising. My salesman recommended I advertise in my adjacent county's directory, which he said that business was great in, for under $200 a month for 12 months and my home county's directory, which included 1st page listing in YellowBook.com. He emphatically said the two bills would never overlap. Even though I asked repeatedly how the 2 bills would not overlap, he said,"Trust me, they won't overlap."

I paid the first billing for the adjacent county's directory in 3/08. It just kept bugging me how the 2 billings would not overlap. After many unanswered attempts to reach my salesman, I called his supervisor about the matter. He told me that of course the 2 billings would not overlap. This supervisor could have cared less that I was lied to and told me that he has had trouble with this salesman before. His only solution to the matter was to try and sell me additional advertising. I was able to cancel my home county's directory advertising. I even talked to Lisa ** who talked to **, Asst. V. Pres. of advertising and public relations. They said that there was nothing they could do; I owed the money for the entire year.

I stopped paying the bills because I was lied to and Yellow Book breached their contract. If I had known the 2 bills would overlap, I would never have advertised in my adjacent county; I would have stuck to my home county's directory. By the way, I have had only 3 calls in 10 months from the adjacent county's directory. Now I am being hounded by collection attorneys. I just received a letter from a local attorney giving me 10 days or else.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2008

In 2004, I purchased the dollar bill size ad for $3848.00 pay by check. I was promised lots of exposure, should get 4-5 calls a week plus I get an internet webpage free. Okay I am ready after the year was up, the salesman called me in May and stated that I had to hurry to get the new ad in print or it would be too late for 2005. I explained that I was not happy with this service and that the ad had not produced if lucky 1 call every two months and what happened to the internet. I told the salesman that I needed time and was thinking of going to a smaller ad maybe, plus my business was to change location and I wanted to wait and see the proofs. I signed the proofs all the way through July of 2005 but then decided that I would not be able to go ahead with their advertising program and verbally cancelled.

Wow, then I found out that they had run the ad anyway not only in one county but three. I never signed a contract so I figured it was their mistake and after they sent a bill I explained the situation to the new sales rep who only called to sell me more of what I didn't want, that their office or sales rep made a mistake and to stop billing me. It did I thought it was now over. This was in PA.

I now reside in Illinois since May of 2007. Just now in Oct 3rd 2008, I received a summons for court from Chicago Yellow Book wanting a grand total of $8500.00. What? I never signed a contract or met with a salesman but there it was my name signed on a contract dated May 23rd, 2005. They even spelled my name wrong and the signature is no way mine. Now I have to go to court on Nov. 13th and spent $3000.00 for a lawyer for a fake contract. I plan to counter sue for an undisclosed amount. Also it seems that they had run the ad in 2006 and 2007 without even contacting me or even calling to see if the number was still good. I think I have a great lawsuit against this scamming organization they call YellowBook. Please help sent me story.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2008

Woman posing as Yellow Book (her phone number was **) employee said that she was only updating my information and that I was not buying anything or signing up for anything. She then put on a recording and talked over it so I couldn't hear it and said it was just to verify that I was who I said and that my information would be updated and I wouldn't be called again. Then, I find out I'm signed up for Flashwebinc.com which I don't want or didn't ask for. These people should be fined and put out of business!!! I also reported her on the Do Not Call Registry because the number she called me at is registered there.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2008

Three year ago I received a post card that I thought was a Yellow Book renewal notice. I signed it and mailed it in. Shortly after I received a bill. I called the Yellow Pages that I advertise with and told him that I paid my account in full each year, so why am I being billed. I faxed it to him and he said it was not from his company and that the walking fingers are not a registered trade mark. He told me not to pay it and that he would report the incident to his company. Every month the bill came in the mail with a photocopy of the card that I signed. Every year the amount owed increases and is now $800. I received a call yesterday on my answering service (call wave) for Hwang Law Firm, King Of Prussia, PA. The call states that this is problem is urgent and I need to call within 24 hours. The account number is ** and to call Theresa at 1-800-242-5774 extension **.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2008

Salesperson led me to believe the charges were a one time fee, not every month. When I tried to read over the contract, she said we were up against a deadline and had to move right away to get to print. She did not allow me enough time to read the contact. The charges are monthly, which I did not know.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2008

During our sales presentation the two sales reps told us that our ad on Yellowbook.com would appear at the top of their search for each city in California. We asked multiple times if this is what we were getting and they assured us that is what we were purchasing. When our ad finally came out, we were not on the top but over to the far right. They even admitted to us on the phone that they were wrong in saying we would be on the top.

Also during our presentation, we were told that what we were purchasing would be for 4 months and if we were not satisfied at the end of the 4 months we could cancel. We have not received any business (zero) from our ad and I tried to contact them to cancel and now they say it is a 12-month contract. I have tried contacting them to no avail and have left a message with who I think is the senior manager and have not received a call.

During our sales presentation we were told we would be contacted to view our ad before it was posted, but never were. I only happened to notice when I got curious one day and went searching. We were never contacted to preview our ad or to accept it. The phone number was incorrect. As you can see, there is a pattern with their sales presentation, tell you what you want to hear then say they were mistaken after you have discovered what they promised was not true. I strongly recommend you avoid using Yellowbook.com to advertise your business as they have not been truthful in anything they have said.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2008

I continue to receive calls asking me to renew my ad with yellow book. I try to explain that do not want to renew and in fact never authorized an ad in the first place. The people on the phone are very pushy, to the point of being rude. I was told that if I didn't want to renew, I had to obtain a 'discontinuation number' and that I would get an invoice for $695. These people are very persistent and I have become very frustrated with them, since they won't stop calling. If I put them on hold so I can get something to make notes with, they hang up before I can get back to them.

The last one was yesterday, and it's interesting to note that the caller ID said Bank of America which obviously isn't accurate. I'm sure BOA would not be happy to know their name is being used this way. The problem is they are so pushy and keep switching the call between departments that they effectively evade providing any concrete information (names, phone numbers, addresses, etc.). If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks...

Being called repeatedly, tying up phone lines and our time, tons of frustration with these people!!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2008

I own and operate a small insurance agency. We have advertised in the yellow pages for over 30 yrs. Lat yr we contracted @ $283 per month for 12 months an incolumn 3 inch ad under the word insurance. The ad was printed behind large insulation ads and ours was squeezed into the middle of insulation ads. They say they are not responsible for layout errors and they can't do anything about it. Meanwhile my phone no longer rings but but I have to keep paying $283.00 per month.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2008

I was sold an yellow book ad- all aspects of the program were lies - regarding schedules, changes etc. Despite documented cancellation, via certified mail and concurrent fax - Yellow book denied receiving cancellation and is sueing me in court

serous financial and mental anquish issues ongoing

Original review: July 28, 2008

Was contacted about a web listing. I do not remember being informed of a charge for this service. I am not, nor have ever been, able to commit to a bill for services. I just do not have that authority.

Was contacted today by Yellow Book wanting letting me know that my account was overdue. When she explained what the charge was for I told her that I do not remember authorizing the listing. She immediately contact the legal department to replay the telephone conversation. I listened and true enough it was my voice, but in this recording the supervisor had me acknowledge that I was authorizing the listing and proceeded to tell me how much it was going to cost a month.

If I had honestly had that particular conversation I would have hung up on him at that moment. I would have never told him I have the authority to make such decisions. I am thinking that they tampered with the audio recording to suit their business.

Original review: June 28, 2008

I contacted my sales rep (whom I believe was Teresa Sullivan) numerous times last late summer to cancel an ad in the Phone Book I had paid for last summer. She had told me when she sold it to me I could cancel anytime (I had advised her I was hoping to move out of NJ and if that occured, I wanted to cancel).

She also told me I was under no obligation to pay anything further without my approval. I have since called her manager, left several messages, written several letters to their main office and they refuse to acknowledge that I cancelled this last yr.

They continue billing me and now have me in collections. I not only want them to bring my balance due to zero, I want my initial $150.00 back. I intended to move out of NJ fall of 2007 but didn't until March 1st 2008, delayed because of legal issues with my mom passing in 2007 and getting her house sold and my bankruptcy paid off.

It is very upsetting to contact a company so many times yet continue to be ignored. They are unethical and fraudulent. They conveniently ignored me so they could continue billing me despite that I cancelled this service last year well before the ad was even ready to go to print.

Original review: April 29, 2008

I recently was horrified to get a bill from Yellow Book for $540 per month for additional on line advertising. I had signed a contract for a banner for $75 and was told I should cover other areas. At no time was the cost explained to me and I was told I have signed for 6 banners, I see no contract that I have signed for 6 banners, just the one for $75. I was panicked to receive a bill for $540 for february (but was told the banner ads became live in April). I then received another bill for just under $964 (I think) with a late payment fee. again I was panicked and this time got through to Yellow Books accounting. I asked for a summary of these charges and was sent a breakdown amounting to $540 for just on line advertising each month.

I contacted my sales Rep Carlie Beaks and she assured me that she would take a look and take off the banners that would not get me good results! I wrote to her telling her that I did not want any of the banners except for the one I thought I had paid for for $75. As yet she has not returned my e-mails. I would like to get back the $964 that I paid with my credit card (to keep my credit safe), and since I obviously cannot trust them to do the right thing would like to Cancel my account with Yellow Book (for all the on-line Banners). I also have prepaid for advertising in the Yellow Book which comes out twice a year, of course I need to keep this and have no problem with this.

A friend just e-mailed me www,consumeraffairs.com in which similar stories like mine are told about Yellow Book. I also received a check for $110 from Yellow Book stating that through their discrepency they made an error. A reference is made in this report to an activation check scam. When a business receives this small check and it is deposited it triggers a monthly payment for advertising. The warning is DONT CASH THIS CHECK! unfortunately I was unsuspecting.

I have a small tutoring in-home business and simply cannot afford these extra enormous costs.I feel this is a scam and I have been taken advantage of.

Hibu Company Information