4.3/5 (67 ratings)

About Hibu

Hibu provides integrated, custom digital marketing solutions for small to medium-sized businesses across the United States. Hibu creates interconnected digital marketing solutions that maximize your visibility on search engines, like Google, in voice search and on social media, like Facebook, to generate more clicks, call and leads. Hibu offers a complete line of digital products, so you can get everything you need to advertise your business online from a single partner.

Pros

• Custom marketing solutions
  • Synchronized for better results
  • Everything from a single provider

Cons

• Must request quote for pricing
  • Multi-step process (not DIY)

Bottom Line

Hibu’s digital marketing solutions work as a single interconnected campaign to generate more clicks, call and leads. Hibu makes it easy for business owners to get everything they need to advertise their business online.

Hibu Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hibu?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hibu?

Original review: Dec. 23, 2011

Yellow Book is not an advertising agency. They are a scam operation and a collection agency. Like a fool, I submitted to the high pressure sales efforts of one of their sales reps, and I am now out of more than $1,100! The sales rep claimed that Yellow Book was receiving 10,000 hits a year for insurance in my home town. It’s a complete lie. No one goes to Google to search for restaurants or insurance by first keying in "Yellow Book". I was hit by a scam operation.

After I placed the ad, it took more than 30 days to place a simple entry on their website. Worse yet, it was not the ad designed by the sales rep and myself. Of course, the sales rep said, "Nothing I can do." She gave me the cell phone for some mysterious person named "JR". He did not answer as Yellow Book and expressed extreme reluctance to address my concerns. He was, however, very aggressive in reminding me that I had "signed a contract". JR expressed no concern at all that my advertising with Yellow Book was worthless.

Worst of all, my ad was used to place banner ads at the top of my advertising page! And they inserted web page links in my ad for my direct competitors ahead of my contact information. Warning: don't spend a dime with these scam artists!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2011

I didn't sign up for service with YB, but they were generous enough to give me a free listing. The name appeared correctly Brick's Pizza, but the phone number listed was that of my competitor. This was no accident for our numbers are not even close. It was too much of a coincidence. I can only guess at this point that the sales rep paid money to give my competitor info regarding my not being listed, and sliding their phone number in instead of mine. I would be interested in talking to an attorney bout this business practice. It sounds pretty unlawful and unethical to me.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2011

Our business, PC Depot, was listed online and in the local directory with the wrong phone number. When I called about it to complain, I was given excuse after excuse, saying that they get their information online from free sources.

Our website is www.boropcdepot.com. It's free and I'm pretty sure they didn't check it. They will not admit to making the mistake and so far have not offered anything to make up for it. The number listed for us belongs to another business down the street. After looking up their listing, I noticed that it was incorrect also. The number listed for them belongs to the business next door.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2011

I submitted a letter on 2/17/2010 to cancel and Yellow Book charges me! Does not acknowledge me. Rep and 360 ignores me on issue. Media scams my business. I am submitting certificate to acknowledge to cancel and not sign to bill me. Cancel on time. Bills continue. Do not call. Letter ignored. Threatening later of bills and calls.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2011

Don't advertise with yellow book! They are a corrupt company preying on small businesses. I was in court this morning; Yellow book is trying to hold me personally liable for an ad taken out by the company I used to work for. There were 40 other cases for Yellow book today, all against small business owners or their former employees. We were all being sued for invalid renewals of contracts that contain bogus signatures. Yellow book needs to have a class action suit filed against them for their corrupt sales and fraudulent collection practices. In the last five years there are over 1600 cases, just in Chester and Montgomery Counties alone, where yellow book sued small businesses. If you have a Yellow book burn it, throw it away, if you advertise with them cancel it. These large companies need to learn, that they cannot take advantage of us.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2011

In April, we discovered Yellow Book had listed our phone number and address wrongly on the Internet advertisement. We worked with our rep, customer service and others to get it fixed. We were paying about $300 per month and stopped paying in June because we were getting no where to have the problems resolved. They listed our fax number as our phone number. We have no idea how much business we lost. We feel they breached our contract by providing incorrect information and we asked to have our contract voided.

We were told the advertisements in question were free advertisements and, therefore, were not part of the package. We have the marketing materials from the rep which clearly show the internet advertisements as part of the package. Having the internet advertisements wrong with a fax phone number for a year is devastating for a small business, which gets most of its leads from Google searches.

They offered us a 15 percent off and will not cancel our contract. We have spent at least 40 hours trying to be heard. A class action lawsuit is needed against Yellow Book. They should not be able to publish incorrect information and they should have data integrity procedures in place. They take no responsibility for their neglect.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2011

I got an unsolicited call from the Webreach campaign from Yellow book. After talking with the salesperson, who promised the world and told me how great this Webreach was, I decided to try it out for $600. It was a complete waste of money. It was just a Google ad word advertising which you can do easily on your own. After seeing the clicks costing over $6.00 per click and no results whatsoever, I called to tell them to shut it down, and that it was too expensive and wasn't working.

Then they tried to pull the complete fraud. They told me I had signed a six month contract. I signed nothing, never agreed to anything, I knew nothing about any contract. Then they send me this 20 page contract that they said I signed. Liars. Needless to say this company is trying to commit fraud by lying to people and trying to make them think they are somehow obligated to pay them every month for nothing. Stay away from them. Their Webreach campaign is completely useless.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2011

Yellowbook contracts have automatic renew clauses. Mr. Stewart advised me that by renewing the ad he could get Yellowbook to waive the late charges. He did nothing to abate the late fees.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2011

Last year, they pretended we had an existing account with them. I had taken charge in June and was not familiar with our existing vendors. I agreed to the ad. We never received a statement until their collections people began calling. By then, we were several months into the contract and owed over $400.

This year, they called to renew the ad and I said I had received no benefit from the service and did not want to renew. Today they called my office and told my staff they "just needed to confirm the details of our ad because this is the deadline." My office staff called me with "Amber's" direct line. I called her and said I did not want their service and not to call again.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2011

I have continuously asked that the sales representatives from Yellow Book stop contacting me and remove my number from their call list. However, they keep on calling every week.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2011

First of all, Monica ** was very rude and refused to allow me to speak with her supervisor or someone above her. She clearly could not help me and basically said I had 2 options, to pay the bill or let it go to a 3rd party collection. I did not approve this ridiculous transaction. I received NOTHING in writing, until I received a fax on Aug. 19, 2011. They were trying to bill me and also bill me for interest charge! No one in our business approved the purchase of anything through Yellow Local Directory. Also, they refused to put our business on their "do not call list".

Original review: Aug. 21, 2011

I met with Tom **, a Yellowbook representative for advertisement for a business. He went over everything that Yellowbook had to offer. It sounded like a good deal so I signed a contract. The ads came out. Some were late and some of the books were not delivered. Instead, they were thrown along side of the road. I have pictures of it.

I got minimum calls that wouldn't cover the ads' cost. For some ads I got no calls. I told them if it kept up I couldn't pay. I called Tom ** back but he no longer works for Yellowbook. I stopped making payments and I am now being sued. But I see there are complaints nationwide for Yellowbook. As far as I am concerned they are a fraud and should not be in business. I would also join a class action lawsuit if one is available.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2010

I am getting several calls a day, most of them are hang up calls. When I answer and some one does respond, I politely ask to be removed from their call list and they just hang up. I have had them hang up as soon as I say please listen to me, (click) they are gone. I have registered my number with the do not call list, so hope that will stop them.

The bottom line is they are trying to fish for money. They say they want to verify my add, which I never placed to begin with and then they will send me an invoice. Most of them are hardly capable of speaking clear English. I would never do business with a company with such low tactics for gaining business. I hope they do get sued for being so aggravating.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2010

Yellowbook is trying to make me pay for a service that I never agreed to. I have a small one person LLC. They called my home (which is the address of my business) and spoke to my husband. He agreed that they could send information for me to review. However they say they have him recorded saying he is an authorized rep for my company and he agreed to the service. They proceeded to send a bill and a contract for me to sign at the same time. They had already initiated the online service. I did not sign the contract because I don't want the service. I have sent them letters repeatedly and called about a million times explaining that he does not have authority to make any contracts for my company but they refuse to stop billing. I am receiving threats of collection from them and repeated phone calls almost daily.

I have asked repeatedly for contact information for their legal department because in their view it doesn't matter who they speak with as long as that person agrees then they will bill the company. They had no idea who they were speaking with. It could have been some intruder in my home who thought it would be funny to answer my phone. I feel that because I am a small woman, owned business, I am being harassed and bullied by them to collect my money. I refuse to pay for something I did not agree to.

They are threatening to send the bill to collections which is going to hurt my company. It is not fair that they can do this when I didn't ever agree to their service. How can they legally do this? There is no contract with me at all. I have been harassed to the point that the stress has caused physical problems - headaches, stomach problems, and lack of concentration in my everyday job.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2010

What a mess. It's so bad they sent the regional sales rep to fix the mess. I was advertising online and in print. My rep is no longer with them when it came time to place the ad in the book in the town where my company is. Then the top manager came to my office, and offered three books of advertising for the price of one. This shows how incompetent they were. Up to this point, we were paid in full. He took some information about what I wanted and then we saw a book with an ad that we never approved.

There were no proofs, nothing to sign off on. We were told we would have to proof read and make changes to spelling, phone numbers and content. We got nothing, so that's when we called them and told them you get nothing. I was told to file a claim; I did. We got in touch with the sales manager; he agreed that is what I should do. Then Yellow Book changed the manager again. We were never told he had been moved to a new department. Now all the calls and threats start: letters that they will start legal action to go after my assets, calls to my home three times a day, my office voice mail threats.

The new sales manager told me to write a letter about what happened. I did and he said he would take care of it. He did not. Two weeks later, I'm still getting calls and letters. Today, I called both managers. They replied that the collection company is telling them that they will take the money from my bank accounts, both company and personal and to liquidate my assets. This is what I got for trusting the manager who came to fix what they did. I should have sued them in the first place.

And the ad is so bad I have not got one call. Now my family is worried we could go bankrupt for their mistakes. Yellow Book. I hope you get yours; your mistakes should come out of the pocket of the rep who made the mistake, not mine.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2010

I was contacted by sales person Elyce ** to advertise my CT based sole proprietor business in the Yellowbook. I told the salesperson that I would be leaving the area in 6-8 months, and moving or closing my business, and she told me that it was no problem to cancel the account after 6 months. Then began the trouble.

I called the billing dept. countless times after I canceled my LLC and closed my business and relocated to the west coast, starting in mid August. Since they confirmed that my business number was disconnected, they told me they would offer me a 80% settlement on the total I owed to close the account. They indicated that they would send a settlement letter, which would give me 30 days to pay the settlement.

I did not receive the letter, and continued to be billed the monthly service, now with a late fee. I called several times to make sure they had my updated address, and was told each time that the letter of settlement was on the way. I finally insisted that they email me a copy so I could actually get it in time to pay it, and I received it yesterday, Sept 27. It was dated Sept. 6 and due by Oct. 7, and for the fist time, I learned that this "settlement" would be considered a bad debt, and possibly reported to a credit agency.

This was alarming to me, as my credit rating is excellent. So I called the billing dept. again, and was told not to worry. The bad debt would just be reported against my business, not me personally. I asked for a copy of this policy, since it was never explained in my initial meeting with the salesperson and subsequent calls to the billing dept.

The billing rep told me I should call a company called Dunn and Bradstreet at 800-999-9407 or 800-999-3867 to see how they would handle the "bad debt", since Yellowbook reports all bad debts to them. I called D and B at the first number, and was disconnected each time I tried to go to the "press 2 for issues regarding Yellowbook". Then I called the second number, actually got a representative, and as soon as I said "Yellowbook" she hung up on me.

I called Yellowbook billing back, and told the representative that I was never told the "settlement" would be called "bad debt" and could he please send me a copy of their settlement policy. I was told in one sentence that there is no policy, and that it is the policy, and they can't authorize a copy to be sent. Of course, I felt my head was spinning. So I said that the "settlement" amount was not worth me getting a bad credit rating, and that I wanted to pay the total amount so that I would be clean and clear. So the rep happily took my credit card payment of the amount he said was due, $319 dollars over the phone, even though my letter said that I owed $315.50 and was being offered a settlement of $252.40. They never could explain to me how to find documentation that the "closed business" settlement offered would go as bad debt. I asked to be sent a copy of my initial contract which I have not yet received.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2010

I signed up with Yellow Book internet advertising 1 year ago through my local rep for Yellow Book located in King of Prussia, PA. After one year, I canceled the internet advertising part of my contract with Yellow Book and they continued to auto-bill me month after month, I tried over the phone to cancel and they simply would not let me cancel even though I had no contract with them.

I then had to block them from billing my credit card, and I took back the payments for the three months they had billed me after I had canceled the service with my local rep in my office. They now call me saying that I still owe them monies and will send it to collection if I don't pay. The funny part is that even when I have the girl from their office on the phone, they still won't cancel my advertising. Great company to deal with, no wonder they have so many complaints filed against them.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2010

After numerous unsolicited calls to be listed in Yellowbook of the Lehigh Valley and after saying "no thank you" repeatedly, we caved in and said yes, thinking we would cancel the ad when the bill came. We never received the bill. But two weeks later, a collections agent has us on the phone saying we owe Yellowbook $499.95. We said we never received a bill or signed a contract. We were told the bill was mailed August 4 and we had 10 days to cancel. It was now August 24. We were told we must pay and it was not their fault that the bill was never received. We are a nonprofit and we do not have this type of money to spend on service we did not want in the first place. We want people to know not to do business with this organization. It is not customer-friendly. We are determining how to go about finding the money to pay this bill.

Original review: July 8, 2010

I contacted Yellow Book in 2007 to publish an ad, and everything went fine. I realized at the later part of 2008 that no one had contacted me to renew this ad. I called Yellow Book and was told that it was too late in the year to go to print. Yellow Book promised me that someone would contact me the following year to set up a new ad. Yellow Book never contacted me again. Two years without an ad. I contacted Yellow Book again and we finally set up an ad to be published later that year (August). Well, I went out of business. I called them several months prior to canceling the ad. Guess what they said? We can't. I would not recommend this advertiser to anyone. They are very unprofessional in my opinion!

Original review: May 27, 2010

I signed up with them for Internet advertising in September 2009. I was told that I could change my ad monthly and that a welcome package would be sent with instructions on doing this. When I didn't receive this package, I e-mailed my representative. He said the package mail-out was computer generated and if I hadn't received it, nothing could be done. I wasn't happy about this, he e-mailed that one would be sent. I never received it. Upon reviewing my contract, the fine print on the back says a WebReach account could be cancelled after 4 months. My contract had WebReach printed under their logo, so I followed their instructions. They are continuing to bill and are threatening collections. I called and spoke to Towana **. At first she said to send a copy of the receipt for the cancellation notice. She then called back saying my account was a silver account and could not be cancelled before the year was up. On May 19, I got a call from collections. I called back on May 25 and spoke to Steven. He said the NETW written over directory meant it was a silver account and I had a year contract. At this point I don't know what to do. This is absolutely worthless as I haven't received one call from this ad since taking it on 9/24/09. They are threatening my credit. I may have to continue paying for this worthless Internet ad.

Original review: May 18, 2010

Slick salesperson insisted in meeting in person so he could up-sell me. Fine. Problem was, the book was going to be published in a 3 column wide format instead of the 2 column wide that he showed me. This makes ads smaller in appearance. When ad came out, the font was so tiny much of the ad was unreadable.

I called Yellow Book to request a partial credit. They said I have to contact my rep. I wasn't in the mood to talk to him because I felt I was misled at best, and lied to at worst. I sent a certified letter to the company requesting a credit and informing I would not auto-renew my ad and to cancel it for next year. More than a month went by with no response.

Today I decided to email the rep. Email got bounced, as he no longer works for Yellow Book. I called Yellow Book. The first rep disconnected me (on purpose?). I called back. Got transferred to "Investigations." Untrained staffer speaking poor English started arguing saying, "Just because font is small doesn't mean you get credit." Not at all what I said. I had to repeat it slowly for her. The problem was, I was shown how the ad would appear and how it actually came out made the font so small you can't read it. She said, "I'm looking at your ad now and it doesn't look small to me." I said, "You're looking at a computer screen and I'm holding the book in my hand. Much of it cannot be read since it's so small."

She said, "We don't give credit for small ads." I said, "You're not understanding my point at all. May I speak to someone else?" Answer: "You can call back and go through the line again and get someone else. Or I can have my supervisor call you back when she's not busy." Supervisor please. We'll see what, if anything happens.

What poor Customer Service and a pitiful, 'I don't give a care... I only work here to collect my paycheck and I'm outta here' attitude! I will never advertise with the company again and I would not be surprised if they go bankrupt like Idear Yellow pages did. Suggestion for you: Don't tolerate poor performance and customer service. I won't.

Original review: April 27, 2010

I was contacted by Mr. Chris ** about renewing my Yellowbook ad. I told him I did not want the ad and he said he would come by with the paperwork to cancel. When he arrived, he did his job as a salesman and talked me into not making my decision yet, since I hadn't given it enough time to see my current ad work. He also talked me into signing the contract while he was there assuring me that I had until December to make up my mind and the contract could be cancelled at any time before December. Guess what?

When I called in November to cancel because I have gotten absolutely no response from the ad, I am informed I had to cancel within 7 days of signing the contract in April. Now Mr. Chris ** and his supervisor are nowhere to be found when I call or email. Foolishly, I took his word. Now Yellowbook says I am liable for this ad and is taking me to collections because I am behind in my payments (I have refused to send in any payment).

They have offered me a 15% discount which they feel is sufficient to satisfy any inconvenience I had. They are billing me at a high rate for a service I never wanted. Beware of doing business with them. Once you sign a contract, you are on your own. Customer service is a joke. I am being billed for an ad I did not want. Currently, I am being sent to collections because I have refused to pay.

Original review: April 23, 2010

I spoke with Josh, about advertising ad in the yellow book. After we decided on the ad, I gave him my debit card for payment of $204.00 initial. Earlier in the year, I cancelled the present ad in the book, by faxing and calling a woman by the name of Pat to inform her of my cancellation. I had to leave a message on her phone. In the mean time, Josh sent me a packet with all of the detail, and for my signature.

I received a message from Josh, saying he could not act on the ad because Pat said I still owe for one month and until I pay $120.00, the ad can not be printed. I told Josh I'm paid up through the month of October 2009, which is the last month of payments before the printing month of November. He said, send him proof of payment. I told him, I have paid that bill in October and he needs to send me my payment schedule he has on me, and to forget about the new ad. I do not want to do business with Yellow Book any longer.

I received a call from Pat through my secretary, asking if I would use my debit card to pay the $120.00, I said " Do not use my debit card period. " Two days later, $204.00 was taken out of my checking account, and I was told through Josh that the $120.00 was going in to collection and he has no idea how I can get my $204.00 back.

Original review: March 16, 2010

Got a small add at the yellow pages. Supposed to get charge $32.29 a month. The contract said monthly payment. But got charged full price. 322.90 + first payment. Ken mentioned if I pay the full amount ahead for a year, I would get a 5% discount. I said I can't afford to make a big payment. I would rather make a monthly payment. I remember Ken calling me back to get my social security number for billing purposes.

I called customer service and the lady said, since I am a new customer and my billing of $32.29 was too small for a monthly billing to be charged by the yellow book. I had to get charged full price after the phone book got published, why couldn't the consultant, Ken not tell me this? So I am guessing my business is too small or not good enough for the yellow book but sure they can take my money. Thanks yellow book for the horrible experience.

Original review: March 8, 2010

In 2008, I purchased print advertising as well as internet advertising for my new business. Being someone that reads everything I sign, I read the contract. The contract used in 2008 is revised on 11/07 and clearly states in paragraph 4 that the contract expires at the end of the term (term being 12mos). I did not renew advertising in 2009 because I had to close due to the weak economy. A couple of months ago, I started receiving bills for internet advertising.

I contacted customer service and explained the situation. She said the contract auto renewed itself and I had to cancel it in writing. I read paragraph 4 of my contract to her where it states, "This agreement will continue in effect with respect to the Internet Services until expiration of the agreement or either Publisher or Customer cancels." She told me I was making that up then hung up on me. The next letter I received was from the collections department. So I gave them a call and ended up talking to what sounded like a rude little high school boy. Eventually, I got a supervisor on the phone that seemed to understand that controlled documents such as contracts, have revision numbers. I convinced her to look at a copy of the form I signed and had her read paragraph 4. Then I was told that doesn't apply any longer because we rewrote the contracts, then put me on hold and never came back.

I proceeded to call customer service again and told my story all over again. I become a little upset and used the words fraud, scam and attorney. I was then transferred to a very nice lady that proceeded to tell me that I was right, all charges would be removed and apologized for the inconvenience. It took three hours of arguing with rude, incompetent people to resolve a simple issue. If anyone reading this, signed a contract in 2008 (rev 11/07) and is having the same problem as I had, you are being scammed. That revision of the contract does not state that it auto renews, it expires. Now, I wonder how many hundreds or thousands of Yellow Books customers did not put up a fight and just paid for unwanted ads.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2010

I had advertised with Yellow Book for about three years. In 2009, our business was hit super hard by the economy and we were not sure we would make it through the year. When my yellow book rep. came for our annual visit, I told her of this and told her we wanted to cancel because I did not want to be in the hook for a contract I might not be able to pay. My husband and I take bill payment very seriously.

She said, "Well guess what? We have a new product that is month to month! You can cancel it at any time. Plus, it's our snazzy new internet program which is a more relevant form of advertising today. Delighted with this information, I signed up, and yes, I signed the contract trusting the rep's information. Remember, we had been working with her for years with no problem.

The economy continued to stall. About 3-4 months into my program, I called to cancel my contract. I was told that I had signed a one year contract. I was informed that it went month to month only after the year was up. I told them what happened. They said so sad, too bad, you signed the contract. I went to management. We all agreed that the rep had not intentionally misled me, but that the product was brand new and she was not fully trained on it. She admitted that as well. However, the company still made me keep the contract, even though everyone knew a large mistake had been made.

I continue to pay on this contract. Our company is still in jeopardy, so I call Yellow book to ask for a reduced monthly payment on this contract - that I would still pay it even though I was duped, but could we just spread the payments out. I spoke to one rude person after another, none of whom would agree to lower the monthly payment.

I am a business owner. I would never treat a customer in this manner. If I make a mistake, I make it right. But these companies are so big, that they railroad you because they don't really care if you return. They know they got you for the rest of that contract, and God help you if it automatically renews! Try getting that cancelled!

I was left paying 198.00 per month. I am still paying it. My business is really struggling and I never would have purchased this product if the true nature of its function had been truthfully and properly described. And, I have never recieved one single phone call from this ad. Not one. It feels like extortion.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2010

I took out a large ad with Yellow book for 2009-2010. After reading the proof, we notified them that the phone number was wrong. They still put the wrong number in the ad. When you call, it says that the number has been disconnected. This makes people think we have gone out of business. I had an old customer call up my personal phone number and ask me what happened. Yellow book said there was nothing we could do. I read the fine print on our contract, they are protected. I wanted the recording changed to a new number. They said they couldn't do that. They didn't even say they were sorry, just too bad. We have been in business for 52 years. There should be some kind of protection for the consumer.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2010

I signed a contract for twelve months with Yellow Book in November 2008. I faxed a cancellation letter in October 2009 and they admitted that they did receive the cancellation in October 2009, however, I keep receiving bills from them. I refused to make payment in December 2009. Yellow book charged my bank account without my permission after I called them so many times that my contract should have been cancelled two months ago.

I and my husband have called and talked to them at least ten times but they just keep telling us that this is the last bill that we will receive.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2009

I signed up for several listings in different books with Patricia of Yellowbook. With those listings, I was supposed to receive proofs and an online listing with a video as well as a tracking number for the purpose of tracking the success of such listings. I was supposed to be contacted by an individual regarding the production and approval of the video and other information in the online listing. I was never contacted by anyone. I checked a couple of months later and noticed my add was already running with completely inaccurate information and a tracking number that did not work.

I contacted Patricia about this, and she said she would fix the problem and that I would receive a free listing. I was supposed to be contacted by another individual regarding my free listing. As you may guess, I never was. I went back to my online listing and found more inaccurate information as well as my direct number (as opposed to the tracking number). I am paying over $15,000 for services that have not been rendered. The online listing is actually hurting my business, as it has a picture of a man spraying chemicals in a building which goes against what my business stands for. I've tried contacting Patricia, but her number is now disconnected. I've tried contacting the corporate office, and all I get is "There's nothing we can do, but you can make changes at anytime." I've been dealing with this for months with absolutely no satisfaction whatsoever. Can somebody help, please?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2009

We have advertised for our business (a veterinary hospital) for several years in the Yellowbook directory. As usual, we renewed our ads in the 2009-10 local edition with the expected five or so percent increase in cost. To our surprise, there were several changes to the directory when it came out. First, the directory was literally half the physical size of previous editions causing significant reduction in ad size to the extent that some text content may be hard to read for some people. Secondly, the directory has always included both business and residential listings in their white pages section. This edition totally eliminated residential listings, halving the information content of the directory.

The third problem also involved the white pages section which actually consists of three or four geographical listing sections. In previous editions, each section was demarcated by black tabs on the page edges. This edition has no demarcations whatsoever. You have to thumb through and find the first page of the section to know where you are, making it very inconvenient to use.

Foremost, we were not informed of any of these changes. We paid for a certain size ad, in a directory with a promoted certain amount of content and information. This seems to fit the definition of bait-and-switch. I would suspect that with the smaller size, Yellowbook saved considerably on their printing costs, but I do not believe any of this was passed on to advertising customers. If I had known of the changes, I would not have renewed, at least at the same cost as previous editions. After forwarding my complaints, Yellowbook's response has been an offer of 20% off our renewal in the next edition. So far, I have declined and we are not renewing our advertisement.

Hibu Company Information