3.7/5 (53 ratings)

About Hibu

Hibu provides integrated, custom digital marketing solutions for small to medium-sized businesses across the United States. Hibu creates interconnected digital marketing solutions that maximize your visibility on search engines, like Google, in voice search and on social media, like Facebook, to generate more clicks, call and leads. Hibu offers a complete line of digital products, so you can get everything you need to advertise your business online from a single partner.

Pros

• Custom marketing solutions
  • Synchronized for better results
  • Everything from a single provider

Cons

• Must request quote for pricing
  • Multi-step process (not DIY)

Bottom Line

Hibu’s digital marketing solutions work as a single interconnected campaign to generate more clicks, call and leads. Hibu makes it easy for business owners to get everything they need to advertise their business online.

Hibu Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hibu?

Original review: May 28, 2014

I have had a small business for 19 years and have been listed in the yellow/white pages of yellowbook UNTIL this year. I called them. I did not buy paid advertising as my listings were already in the previous books. Was told "I'm sorry, Ma'am, courtesy listings are not guaranteed even if they were in previous books." Also, they are really riding on AT&T's coat tails - books are almost identical.

Original review: May 24, 2014

Hibu has continued to bill though I have informed them I want to terminate our business relationship. I had print and web page, when they were Yellow Book. Contracts renew yearly. I knew that when Hibu took over, prices would go up. The initial price was about $60.00 per month for both forms of advertising. Sure enough, at contract renewal, the price jumped to $79.00. I asked for web only as the price would remain $59.00.

My 2013 contract had been paid in full as of January 20, 14. I had signed a new contract for web only in August of 2013. In Jan. they could not find the contract so I asked them to terminate our relationship. My web page is down, as asked but I continue to get bills. They did find the Aug. contract. They also over charged and made mistakes in my billing. If you choose to advertise with Hibu, BEWARE.

Original review: May 22, 2014

This company failed to follow thru with what was promised out. Also decided to paid it out and do away with their service and continued to get bills for false contract. Consumer beware. This is not a way to conduct business. Shame in you Hibu. Never again.

Original review: May 12, 2014

This company is very shady. I have had Hibu for two years now. At first they were not that bad but last fall they would take money from my bank account. Then email me say they never got the money and hit my account again. They over drafted my account and never tried to even correct the problem. Hibu double dipped my account three months in a row, then they sent their agent in asking if I would renew saying all terms are the same, sure enough a BOLD FACE LIE!!!! They lie and lie. I will never do business with Hibu again.

Original review: May 1, 2014

I own a small business and hired HIBU to do print ad and then I agreed to having them do a website and a web reach campaign for me. Honestly, The phone book ad is good and it actually gives me a couple of leads a month. It could be better but who really looks at a phone book anymore? So my big problem is with the website and web reach campaign. First, DO NOT ALLOW them to do a conference call with you to set up service. If they can't put it in writing in front of you, then DON'T DO IT. Next, make sure your sales rep will take care of you. Mine runs for the hills at the first sign of trouble. ALL HAT AND NO CATTLE IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

My problems began with a poorly written call campaign which they did fix somewhat. At least they added my suggestions. It still needs some fixing. Next the website first draft looked like it was built by a 14-year-old. Sure there are some creative 14-year-olds out there but none of them worked on my Call Campaign. They promised Video and it took them 45 days after my site went live to ad a slide show not a video. I am being charged per click for an AD that runs on the internet. I am a Local business and can only deal with local customers since the business that I am in is restricted by state. They thought it would be a good idea to set my Ad/Call campaign so it reached people in Chicago, Hot Springs, New Orleans... ETC. I'M IN OKLAHOMA!!

I paid for all those calls even though I got nothing in return. HIBU did say sorry, but they did it while counting my money. That sucks. Finally, The amount quoted for my services is not the amount I am being charged. The standard fix answer is, "WE are sorry, we will look into that." I Will state for the record, if I had this to do again, I would choose a different path. I am sure they mean well but it comes across like the Devil himself taking me for a ride.

PS. Their customer care people try until you call them on their stuff, then they just say, "Well, I tried to help you and I will send this to my supervisor....." I'm still waiting for the help!

Original review: April 29, 2014

Hibu doesn't even know how to take care of their good Clients. I had pretty good success with Hibu but they are very broken and very very money hungry. I signed my 4th annual contract with them but their sales person didn't make sure that the Electronic Funds transfer for the funds was on the same contract. Half way through my 4th year they stopped pulling their payments from my account. After 3 or 4 months their billing department started treating us like third class citizens. My sales person would not help me fix the situation, she would not provide me with management names to escalate and fix the problem and ultimately, they have been treating me like a billing problem. Since I paid it up and got it back on track and they did it a second time. They have never tried to be accountable or responsible. I was a reference site. I told everyone how great they were and now I can't wait to end my relationships with them this December.

Original review: April 24, 2014

For the second year in a row, Yellowbook has made a mistake on the telephone listings with regard to our telephone number. Last year our number was listed in the book for Farm Bureau Insurance and I have received numerous calls for them. I called yellowbook and was advised that there was nothing they could do, that it would be fixed with the upcoming book.

Now the new yellowbook has the telephone number for Young Title listed as the telephone number for Rick Standifer, PC. Again I was told, "sorry nothing we can do because you didn't pay for it". I asked that instead of just putting any number they want for ours next year not to put anything at all. This is ridiculous and costing us business - a lot of business. There needs to be some kind of regulatory agency to make sure this doesn't happen. If this is what happens with a free listing why in the world would you want to pay for advertising with them?

Original review: April 24, 2014

I wish there were zero stars as a choice. I signed up (lapse of judgment) for a pay per call program. If someone calls and I answer then I pay for the call; if I don't answer, I don't pay - seemed easy enough. I have not picked up this particular phone once... NOT ONCE in 6 months and somehow they are managing to charge my account every single month. This is clearly fraudulent. I call the investigations department every time, they confirm that I am right and have to issue a refund. This is straight up stealing. I waste time every month having to check my account for the fraudulent charge, call to re-explain my situation, remain on the phone for 20 minutes and wait 2-3 weeks for my refund every single time.... for 6 months!! Absolutely awful, awful company that needs to be investigated.

Original review: March 27, 2014

Hibu got me to agree to advertising in the Yellow Book. I was promised the potential stream of calls from customers. All I have received is random telemarketing calls and computer calls. They are charging me $34 per call! I had to dispute the calls and they returned the money... a week and a half later! Then disputed the next month’s calls, but they took almost $1,200 out of my account any ways! I wish to discontinue doing business with them, but they won't let me. There has to be many other people that have been going through what I have? I want to start a class action lawsuit! Who's on board?

Original review: March 19, 2014

I signed a six month internet and magazine contract. I live in one of the zip codes the magazine is supposed to be delivered to. After two months of not receiving the magazine, I had a customer who lives in another area code that should receive the magazine look for it at her house. After 6 months neither of us has received a single copy. Also, I have not received a single phone call from the magazine or my online profile. I can't even find my online information. I contacted my rep and he said I received it and need to pay the bill. I questioned him about the response and he said to take it up with customer service. I called c/s and they said pay my bill and they could not help and I needed to talk to Distribution.

Distribution is filing a research claim and it takes 10-12 days. Throughout this entire time, I have been called at least 25 times and emailed another 20 times from c/s trying to get payment. I get calls and when I answer I get a recording telling me to hold for the next c/s rep. These companies create more hassle than results and I'm getting tired of it! I have 20+ hours into this and I'm not done yet. I'm not paying for something that has not been delivered.

Original review: March 14, 2014

I had my business listed in 24 Yellowbooks (Now Hibu) and was assigned a tracking number (RCF) for the books. The number was the same for every book. Now that 12 books UNDER CONTRACT have expired in February I inquired as to how they would know from which books am I getting calls from. The answer was that they couldn't and would still be charged for these expired books that my sales rep should of talked to me about multiple RCF numbers. Well I guess the rep left that fine print out. I asked about canceling the contract if they wouldn't honor the contract so they said they would talk to the marketing department and if approved they would just route the calls to my nearest competitor if they were willing to take MY calls. Really!

I asked what happens when the contract ends on all books with the RCF number? They replied that the number gets disconnected and cancelled. "Then why can you not cancel my contract now if you will not honor YOUR CONTRACT and kill the number instead of routing the number to my competitor." Any attorneys out there let me know if I have any legal recourse from this illegal blackmail. Different RCF numbers should be automatically assigned to a group of books on the same expiring contract or individually if need be. I'm at the beginning of these expired books so have not had to challenge this but wanted to prepare myself because the time will come being that the last book does not expire until 9/14. Their reply at first was to go through each number and look up the pre fixes for the calls. What's the difference? You just said that you will charge me regardless. I run a business. I don't have time to look up pre-fixes of calls for something that should of been implemented automatically. The phone call was recorded for QUALITY ASSURANCE! I don't think this situation has come up with them so they really didn't know what to say IMO.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2014

After advertising with Yellow Book for many years with basically same rep I went against a cardinal rule I have always lived by. I signed the contract without reading anything but the first page. Waiting until the last minute because of finances to pay for existing ads being unavailable until late, my Rep informed me that I needed to hurry with the signature or I would not be in time to be in forthcoming year's ad book. I expressed the desire to read contract prior to the signing but had his email assuring me that my ads "were exactly the same as my existing ads and no changes had been made." I went ahead and did as he requested and signed just the first pages.

I also received a call from my rep and his bosses asking if they could put their number in the ads to replace my numbers so that it could track our calls. I expressly refused and told them straight out NO WAY! No one is going to have that kind of hold over my business for many reasons. The main reasons were slow pay could give them the right to turn off the numbers thus killing my business. Also this would enable them to falsify records regarding the amount of calls we received and yelled at them "No absolutely not. Do not even ask." They assured me this would not happen but I stood on the NO. With that they thanked me for my advertising with them again and said goodbye.

It wasn't until a customer called and was looking for another company that used to have the tracking number in my ad I learned of this unauthorized change to my ads. This will not happen to me ever again. I have asked for and gotten a new rep and like before am behind on my payments but business is so dead. I still will get them paid and will continue to use their service because unlike most people I have not gotten one customer off the internet and need the yellow pages to continue business. I helped my son and his wife deliver the yellow book a couple of years ago so I know firsthand that they distribute them to all neighborhoods in Pierce county but they are not honest so watch them closely.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2014

Please help put these guys out of business they are now hibu, incorporated. I received threatening emails and phone calls on a minor advertising account balance. The whole affair started when I advertised and yellow book and I do not lie, the only calls I ever got were from other advertisers wanting to sell me space on their crappy advertising. This scam company has no reason for existing other than sucking the money from legitimate business owners.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2014

They do not return their phone calls when you have a concern, tried to call for weeks, 3 different people. When you go to the main phone center without an extension you go on hold. I've waited most times 15-20 minutes without a pick up, forget them save your money after 5 years. No more for me, there are plenty of phone book.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2014

I spend my time talking to HIBU employee, because of my website is still missing in the internet. I can no longer spend my time on their answering machine. I want THEM TO COURT, for not doing their job, can someone help me. Please, my website is www.meticuleux.com.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2013

After being told "we do not cancel contracts" it seems HIBU decided to cancel our contract! I don't know if getting a lawyer did the trick but the phone number HIBU assigned us is "no longer in service" and I got a phone call from some Hibu guy saying "we have agreed to cancel your account" so I love Hibu...I love them for agreeing to get their miserable company out of my life. Now I have another problem: phone could be reinstated "by accident", fake charges to my account could re-appear and contract could be renewed without us even knowing it for a few months so unless Hibu notify us in writing contract between them and us has being canceled we will proceed with the legal action and of course, notify you all, in case you want to join the lawsuit. I don't want to risk being told "oh that Hibu employee didn't have permission or authority to cancel your account and no, you can't talk to him because he no-longer works here" hahahahha.

Do not lose hope people...the king Hibu has no clothes, hit them hard and often and they will back off you and move on to dumber customers who just accept the abuse. This is how they will get you with renewal: you have an window of a few days to ask contract not to be renewed but you don't know exactly the day phone books came out...just the month and a month has 30 days so is very likely you will miss those few days you have to cancel and there you go, another 1 year of charges from Hibu for you unless you stand up to them in a manner they understand, like all animals: constant offense.

Report them to your state attorney, make yourself aware of any lawsuits going on and offer to join those lawsuits, prepare your own lawsuit and be ready to strike because Hibu's contracts appear to be misleading, confusing, insane and is very likely they won't stand in any court. Hiding from Hibu won't work, they will win "by default" because we have courts of law not courts of justice...you could be right yet if you do not follow the procedures you will not win and be stuck with Hibu for as long as they could milk you. For example you could say what x did against you-if you do not know how to state the claim...your lawsuit will be dismissed even though the violation is right there for anyone to see. That's why we have bad companies in business...is hard to fight them because of these "procedures" that need to be followed and seems to be written by crooks themselves to make it harder to make your case to a judge. Stand up to Hibu and posting reviews against them here or anywhere else is not "standing-up" but rather the first, very minor, step in the war of independence from Hibu. I will keep you posted.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2013

Hibu came into my business and sold me on their glossy magazine and promise of yellow book listings that would bring people in and create a ton of business! 2 months after signing a contract they are nowhere to be found. The salesperson who originally "sold me" on the service was fired and the new salesperson doesn't have time to help me but will get back to me soon. The supervisor's phone number has been disconnected. It's a joke and they should be ashamed of themselves. It's tough enough to try to stay in business but now the small business owner needs to worry about charlatans coming in and ripping them off! I haven't received one service from them, just empty promises. If they even try to sue me, I will make sure I do whatever I need to do to expose them for what they are, dishonest con artists!

Hibu response

Hi Nana. We're sorry that you've had a poor experience with our service - we'd really appreciate the opportunity to find out more about the issues that you have had. Would you mind sending us a private message including your contact information so that one of our Customer Service Representatives can get in touch?

Resolution response: Nov. 18, 2013

Hibu agreed to cancel our contract with them. I am no-longer "angry" but I am dissatisfied that it took so much work on my part to get Hibu do the honorable thing and obey the contract or cancel it.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2013

Following my complaint, Hibu had an answer: first they informed me my debt with them is now $500 something ($128 more than last month). They agree half of those calls were not really valid so they offered to cut my debt in half :) I found it offensive...sounds like extortion to me...you give me a fake number then offer to cut it in half? They also claim they could not "go back on calls more than 1 month" but as a favor they did for me. Nice. Hahahaha.

Also, Hibu claims they could not cancel my account but I see in the contract that "the Publisher" which is Hibu has the discretion to reduce the duration time of the directory (phone book itself) by up to 6 months so canceling accounts is at their discretion, aka "possible". In the meantime I looked around to see what I can find about these guys and who they are exactly. In July 2011 Hibu announced a comprehensive program to transform the business from being a leading supplier of print and online advertising for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) to being a leader in the emerging local eMarketplace for consumers and SMEs. 2 months later they fired their top guy here, Yellow Book US CEO Joe Walsh and their stock took a 6.1% beating for it. 2 years, 4 months later, in April 2013 same Joe Walsh finds himself sued by Hibu for "mounting a malicious campaign to undermine the company's leadership in a plot to take over".

Just a month earlier, on March 2013, HIBU got rid of HIBU US President, Jim McCusker and Chief Publishing Officer Mark Cairns. Same charges...plotting to take over Hibu's US operations (for McCusker is a sad story...he started at the bottom in the company and ended up at top)...what could be more inspiring than that...then the firing and now the lawsuit...what sounds more depressing than that? They did give the guy $1.6 million in severance pay but the lawyers might eat that for breakfast now...So much for envying CEO's sweet lives... Since 2013 HIBU took 15 clients/ex clients to court in Illinois (Cook County Circuit Court) for various amounts, smallest being $6200 or so. 2 cases scheduled to go to trial in Jan 2014, 2 were dismissed, 2 were won by Hibu, by default and very likely 1 more case will be won by Hibu again by default (defendant not answering the charges). 8 remaining cases are in the "find me if you can" stage and those could end up in win by default for Hibu as well. Hibu was represented by 4 different law firms so far. The last 3 lawsuits went to a new firm; let's see if they stick with it or not.

Hibu stock on London Exchange right now is 0.17 pounds which is close to their 52 week low finish of 0.16 pounds. Hibu seems to be losing 20% phone book customers per year and seems to have a debt of close to $3 billion and a revenue of close to $2 billion/year. They are trying to find lenders and if they don't, British financial experts believe Hibu will miss payments on existing obligations. There's only so much you could miss before bankruptcy appears to be the only remaining option to stay afloat. In other words, extreme pressure must be on Hibu employees not to cancel anything and I have the impression whatever you tell Hibu employees won't matter. They won't risk their job canceling you and if you sue...you sue Hibu not them personally (as Hibu does to the clients) so they must feel they are safe.

We might need a class-action lawsuit for deceptive business practices - empty promises, aggressive billing, refusal to cancel contracts even when one party, Hibu in this case, did not perform up to the terms of it as it appears in my case. I will keep you guys updated if I will file a lawsuit or not. I believe they will cancel our account even though they notified me yesterday that they "could not" and that "is too late to cancel".

Resolution response: Nov. 18, 2013

Original review: Oct. 22, 2013

We signed up for "pay-per-call" advertising in Hibu's yellow book for 2 areas. We were told Hibu will provide a phone number and all calls will be routed to our phone. All phones recorded and we will not be charged for bogus calls aka salesmen, telemarketers, etc. First, the ad is not what the ad copy they sent us. 2nd, the books came out 4 and 6 months after they were promised so the Hibu salesman lied right there. (Now we understand the guy is not with Hibu anymore). So calls came... from telemarketers and telemarketers :) and we got charged $32 per call. We called, complained, charges were dropped only to re-appear next month! Now the total is $480 or so. To prevent future charges, we stopped answering that phone and guess what... we still get charged anytime the phone rings!

They even told us we won't be charged for calls under 20 seconds and we got charged for calls totaling... 13 seconds so Hibu breaks every single promise they made to get us to sign up with them. And the kicker... I called the number provided by Hibu to see if they disconnected it, they did not, and I got charged by that call as well. Hahahahha. I called to have the contract canceled and I was told "You can't cancel until contract is up." Ok, now the contract is up and we are told, "Contract is for one year but not from day you signed it but from day phone books were printed." We asked for the number they provided to be deactivated and Hibu refused, of course, to run up the charges. We can't be the only company being lied to then ignored all repeated calls for contract to be canceled or phone number disconnected...

Hibu ignores us to add up charges so I told Hibu guys to go ahead and sue me. I'm preparing a counter-claim and I'll have it certified as class action because I won't let them get away with this. I could not say this louder: please do not sign-up with Hibu for pay per call services. You will be billed for everything. Most calls will be from telemarketers. Hibu won't listen, won't cancel anything and despite having the recordings of the calls... you will be billed no matter what. It is the worst advertising decision someone could do... to go with Hibu's pay per click fraud. I wonder if they call the number themselves. :) DO NOT SIGN UP WITH HIBU NO MATTER WHAT. The salesman promises you - it's all empty promises.

Salesman won't be working there for long and you will have a huge expense with nothing to show for. Hibu thinks we are cretins and they were right in my case. Don't make it true in yours. Stay away from Hibu's pay-per-click thing. We are in Illinois and mad as hell seeing even mighty Catholic Church in Ireland had to start canceling marriage contracts... but not Hibu. They don't have to do anything. They don't cancel jack. They are above the law and the idiotic politicians have money to fix the world and not a dime to get rid of these crooks.

Hibu response

Good Afternoon RED. I'm sorry that you've had such a negative experience with our Pay Per Call program. I definitely would like to contact you via private message to obtain your account information so that I can see if there is anything that I would be able to do to assist you. Please check your inbox. Thank you and again I apologize.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2013

Yellow Book came to my place of business in 2006. I agreed with a front cover and inside work for $4,000.00 for the 2007 book coming out in Feb. Came back to me in 07 for 08. We resigned even though the price went up $1200.00, for no changes. In 08 they came in for 09 with an increase to $7000.00 to which I said no. Here it is, 5 years later, and they have us in court - myself and my husband who works for me. Suing us for $24,000.00!! Fortunately, we have all contracts in the original form and ALL the payments in the form of cancelled checks $11,500.00. So bring it on Yellow Book. We look forward to our trial Nov. 4th.

Hibu response

Hi Carolyn. We're sorry that you've had a poor experience with our service - we'd really appreciate the opportunity to find out more about the issues that you have had. Would you mind sending us a private message including your contact information so that one of our Customer Service Representatives can get in touch?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2013

The salesman sold us a website promising to promote it on the search engines. After signing his cellphone with no contract, 30 days later, he comes back to the office with a sales pitch to promote it on search engines for $1,200/month extra. We said no, so our website sat dormant and did nothing. To be fair, they did put us in their directory, which also did nothing. Lesson learned. Never sign a smartphone electronically without having a written contract. Stay away from these people.

Hibu response

Hi John. We're sorry that you've had a poor experience with our service - we'd really appreciate the opportunity to find out more about the issues that you have had. Would you mind sending us a private message including your contact information so that one of our Customer Service Representatives can get in touch?

Original review: Aug. 19, 2013

These idiots broke the contract & I cancelled. They sent a new salesman (who works for a different corporation; because they have dozens of different companies in several states that are apparently interchangeable) who said to ignore the outstanding balance & just pay up front for new ads. Their new ads produced nothing so I finally told them to get lost. They then hired a bottom feeding attorney to sue - which I only found out about 6 months after the court date due to sewer service processing.

We have now been fighting in court for 2 years since then. They periodically submit motions for summary judgment (with supporting documents such as contracts that were altered after they left my possession) in the hope that I will not answer. They are vehemently opposed to going to discovery or producing the people who have firsthand knowledge of the contracts (original salesman or the data entry people who handled them) because their case cannot stand on the merits & their witnesses would be forced to perjure themselves if they ever took the stand. Their attorneys should all be disbarred & they should all be locked up for fraud & conspiracy.

Hibu response

Hi. We're sorry that you've had a poor experience with our service - we'd really appreciate the opportunity to find out more about the issues that you have had. Would you mind sending us a private message including your contact information so that one of our Customer Service Representatives can get in touch?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2013

Although I never signed up with Yellow Book, I received a bill for over $300 for their listing my name. I called them to get clarification but they never returned my call.

Hibu response

Hi Daniel. We're sorry that you've had a poor experience with our service - we'd really appreciate the opportunity to find out more about the issues that you have had. Would you mind sending us a private message including your contact information so that one of our Customer Service Representatives can get in touch?

Original review: July 30, 2013

Not trying to be slanderous at all and I do mean to be fair and will try to be in this review.... I have done business with Yellowbook (used to be Transwestern Publishing now Hibue or whatever they are calling themselves these days), have always tried to pay them off what I owe them. This time I couldn't and they came after me with their Law firm and said they were getting ready to sue me and my company which isn't much. I'm a poor old painter, sole proprietor and I have three little kids and a wife. Yes my wife has a job but what she makes isn't always enough and I have other bills to pay in a struggling economy and I only grossed $14,000. last year. With what I netted I am considered below the poverty line. I got them to agree to let me make payments so we avoided a lawsuit this over a minimal amount of money in my opinion. Look, if you are a good company why do you have to change your name every so often?

I will never and I do mean never advertise with them EVER again, period. And I didn't sign my contract with Hibue, I signed with Yellowbook. They will receive all the money that I owe them. I will pay them off but will never and I repeat again never do business with them again! And I don't and will not recommend them to anyone at all and If you are reading this, I would recommend not doing business with them ever. Their ad did not produce enough work last year to pay for itself the previous year, it barely did. It did produced some price shoppers people trying to sell me stuff and people looking for a job, that's about it. I personally believe that most people don't even use the phone book any more so you're wasting your time and money even advertising in any phone book anymore, period IMO.

Most people are using Google search But I haven't really even gotten a lot of response from that either although the internet (Google ad words and that was free by the way) is where my few paying gigs came from. Know where all my best response has been from besides referrals? The Service Directory in my local newspaper and they don't make you sign a contract and then sue you when you can't pay. It's all up front like it should be in business for yourself? Want some real good advice? Stay away from all phone book and internet advertising - it's a rip off! Who else in advertising makes you sign a contract and when the ad campaign doesn't go well or as well as expected then proceeds to drag you into court and sue you?????? Bad business, Hibue or whatever your name is. Doing business like this will put you out of business. Word of mouth is the best advertising there is and it's free!

Hey, Yellowbook, Hibue or whoever you are. A word of advice, if you anger the people that you are trying to sign to run ad space with you, you soon won't have a company anymore. Dragging people into court or threatening to and suing them or threatening to might get you your money in the short run but it will alienate your customer base until you have none anymore. I have dealt with people that owe me money and I can tell you from experience that if you try to force them to pay, you're only going to hurt your business doing this especially if your product is not good IMO. Not smart.

Hibu response

Hi Jeremy. We're sorry that you've has a poor experience with our service - we'd really appreciate the opportunity to find out more about the issues that you have had. Would you mind sending us a private message including your contact information so that one of our Customer Service Representatives can get in touch with you?

Original review: July 16, 2013

I see others have had horrible experiences with Yellow Book, not to be redundant but here's my story. I'm a small time Insurance Agent in Louisville, KY. Several years ago they came around and did their song & dance, later realizing that they were fraudulent. Misrepresentations regarding ad, internet, distribution, etc... All ended up costing way more than what I made. Now, I'm broke working from my home and they are paying law firms to harass and put judgments on my personal property. Is there an agency or entity that assists victims of fraud. FCC? Attorney General?

Hibu response

Hi Ken. We're sorry that you've had a poor experience with our service - we'd really appreciate the opportunity to find out more about the issues that you have had. Would you mind sending us a private message including your contact information so that one of our Customer Service Representatives can get in touch? Thank you, Eryn.

Original review: June 26, 2013

Our company made a nationwide buy from Yellow Book. Yellow Book states they distribute 100 million books a year. We bought 6+ ads. Therefore, we should have had 600 million ads nationwide per year, yet we ONLY received 18k leads which is ONLY 18k phone calls per year! What is wrong with this picture?! Can someone tell me what the problem is here?? Who distributes the book and how many books actually get delivered to a door within a year?

Hibu response

Hi Bernice. We're sorry that you've had a poor experience with our service - we'd really appreciate the opportunity to find out more about the issues that you have had. Would you mind sending us a private message including your contact information so that one of our Customer Service Representatives can get in touch?

Original review: June 21, 2013

They are a big joke. Do not sign anything. They will run your ads over and over for years without your consent. The company is trying to hold on and recover lost money. They will do anything to spend more money they do not have. The internet is destroying them. No one looks at a phone book. Look at the books 10 years ago and now half the size. They are doomed. If I was a shareholder, I would check those account books close. Old management trying to stay and get their retirement. To pay a lawyer to do anything to recover money is nuts. They are spending your money like a drunken sailor. Start by getting some sales people that don't lie. They talk so fast like they are on drugs. You should look at the books.

David,

Our apologies for the discomfort you've experienced.. If I could ask for your account information I will be glad to research what transpired with your account to see if there is anything we can do to alleviate your issues.

We'd really appreciate the opportunity to find out more about the issues that you have had. Would you mind sending us a private message including your contact information so that one of our Customer Service Representatives can get in touch?

I sincerely apologize and would like the opportunity to see if we can achieve a remedy.

Original review: June 7, 2013

We have all been victims of Yellow Book. I placed ads in a whole series of 2008 books nationwide and my ad was printed wrong. Phone numbers and information wrong! I brought this to the attention of my sales rep and physically handed the hard copies of proof to him and he conveniently "NEVER RECEIVED" the hard copies of the ads and Yellow Book has never acknowledged the mistake or my plea for compensation after endless correspondence. I am now looking for the entire series or some of the 2008 Yellow Books. If anyone has any, please let me know. It will be my primary proof to give to my lawyer for my suit against Yellow Book.

Hibu response

Hi Bernice, we're sorry that you've had a poor experience with our service - we'd really appreciate the opportunity to find out more about the issues that you have had. Would you mind sending us a private message including your contact information so that one of our Customer Service Representatives can get in touch?

Original review: April 25, 2013

The escalation dept. contacted me. I explained to them we were tricked into signing the contract by the salesperson and that we found that to be unfair. They said the same as always: we signed a contract and we must pay the bill. They also gave me a number where I could file a formal complaint against the salesperson. I left a message with no callback, of course. I told them, “I understand the ‘our word against hers’ thing. Let’s all take lie detector test. Loser pays all.” They declined. My advice? Be wary.

Original review: April 19, 2013

Horrible experience! We met with the sales rep and told her we did not want to run any print ads. They just don't work anymore. After her throwing a bunch of numbers at us and it not working, she shoved a paper at my office manager and explained to her that she needed to sign it saying it stated we did not want to run a print ad. My office manager did not read it since she and the sales rep had an established relationship with an expectation of trust. We get a bill two months later for a full year of print ads.

After many discussions on the phone with Yellow Book (all they would say is "You signed a contract"), we asked for arbitration with the BBB. The very next week, we were contacted by a law firm demanding full payment or they would seek a judgment. Moral of this story, for me, Yellow Book not only does not work, even though they will show you many statistics that say they do, they are not to be trusted. I will make sure anything that crosses our desk are read fully, no matter how trustworthy someone seems or how long I have done business with them.

Hibu response

Hi Frank. We're sorry that you've had a poor experience with our service - we'd really appreciate the opportunity to find out more about the issues that you have had. Would you mind sending us a private message including your contact information so that one of our Customer Service Representatives can get in touch?

Hibu Company Information