4.5/5 (128 ratings)

About Hibu

Hibu provides integrated, custom digital marketing solutions for small to medium-sized businesses across the United States. Hibu creates interconnected digital marketing solutions that maximize your visibility on search engines, like Google, in voice search and on social media, like Facebook, to generate more clicks, call and leads. Hibu offers a complete line of digital products, so you can get everything you need to advertise your business online from a single partner.

Pros

• Custom marketing solutions
  • Synchronized for better results
  • Everything from a single provider

Cons

• Must request quote for pricing
  • Multi-step process (not DIY)

Bottom Line

Hibu’s digital marketing solutions work as a single interconnected campaign to generate more clicks, call and leads. Hibu makes it easy for business owners to get everything they need to advertise their business online.

Hibu Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hibu?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hibu?

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Breakfast cart - Stacy was great help. Managing Facebook and Google will be great help. New website is really easy to get around. Would highly recommend to anyone who does not have the time or experience to get around the computer. Makes my job much easier.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

We are a family business and have been in business for over 30 years. The internet has become a must have for anyone and we had a very small hard to manage website before we found Hibu. The customer service and ease of use with the software is amazing! We are able to request a change or even do it ourselves with no problem. Hibu has been great for our business!

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

This is the worst company I've ever dealt with when it comes to customer service. Asked repeatedly to have things done the way me the customer wanted, there was no response from sales rep or supervisors when asked to have them call. If you're a small business I run as fast as I can because they obviously don't care about the little guy. It's all about the $$$$ for this company. RUN AWAY!!

Hibu response

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, John. We apologize for your recent purchase experience and would like to assist you. Someone from our team will be following up shortly to speak with you regarding your concerns.

The Hibu Customer Care Team

11.12.2018

Good afternoon John,

We have made several attempts to reach you to discuss your concerns but have not yet received a response. If you would like to discuss this matter, please call us at 800.929.3556.

Thanks,

The Hibu Team

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

As a business owner you generally wear many different hats, however there comes a point where you need to start delegating things to others that are better than you in that specific area of expertise. Hibu did a great job of capturing the essence of my company into a well crafted website. Not only did they build the website exactly how I wanted, they also handled all of the back end tasks including SEO & Google AdWords. We recently experienced 2 record breaking months in our business & are continuing to stay busy. I'd highly recommend Hibu to anyone looking to step up their website & marketing.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

We were contacted by a salesperson who approached us because she found out we were playing with Google AdWords, and she said that Hibu could do the job so much better because this is what they do all day long. We were told we would have our own person, and they would be able to do the job so much better. We tripled the amount we were doing and they destroyed all our organic search and got less from them than we were doing ourselves. We had communication issues with "our guy" including setting up phone consultations and then were never even contacted at that time that we set up. Within 3 months of our 6 month contract, we asked to be removed from contract due to the fact that they did not in any way give us what was offered, and we were told we could not be removed. We were allowed to pay the minimum amount, for the remainder of the two or three months, and they lessened what they did for us for those months.

Then they charged us again after our contract was over, and then said we had not told them to cancel in time. they insisted they could not do something for us unless we had proof of the cancellation. We asked to speak to someone above her, she said she could have someone call us back within 48 hours, but again without proof of cancellation, there would be nothing they would do. Before you use this company look at their rating on Yelp or other sites. Now we have credits we never used (from when we lowered our contract amount for the last few months) and that they said we can never get also.

Hibu response

10/29/18 We appreciate the opportunity to address your situation, Mark. We would like to resolve your situation with us. We have notified our customer service team and someone will contact you within 2 business days.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Kathy is a GREAT person first and foremost!!! She is VERY professional and courteous but the personal connection is important to a small startup like mine. I would HIGHLY recommend her in ANY facet of advertising!!!!! Her effortless rapport is AMAZING!!!

Hibu response

We appreciate your feedback, Steve! We are excited that you've had a great experience with us. Thank you for taking the time to share!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Absolutely stay away from this company. They will lock you into a 12 month contract claiming to provide a nice website and digital marketing. The site they built for my company is filled with misspellings and inaccurate information, which they will not change. The name of my business isn't even spelled correctly! They stole competitors' advertising and used in on my social media platforms. In 11 months, there has not been a single return visitor to my website, which tells me that it is not making a good impression on potential customers. I have called and emailed them many times trying to cancel the contract, to no avail. This company and their sales reps are con artists. STAY AWAY!!!

Hibu response

Dustin, thank you for your time on resolving this concern. I am glad we were able to find a mutually agreed upon resolution. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Very pleased with the work Done on my Company's behalf. Cannot thank Bree ** and Will ** enough for all of their help with my new Hibu business website!

Studying the new website's analytical data is very promising. Thanks for everything! Highly recommending HiBu!

Hibu response
Thank you for the great feedback. We are glad to hear things are going well and that you are excited about your new Hibu Website.

Customer Service Team

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

We always have a great experience with Steve. He is very knowledgeable and listens to what we say. He is good at helping us resolve any issues we might have and makes excellent suggestions on how we can improve. We also have excellent help with making any changes with our website. The only problems we have is when we have to deal with the people in billing.

Hibu response

Cheri, we appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback. We aim to provide the best services for our customers and will use this to improve on our customer experience.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I was debating about doing Pay Per Click myself on Google, but I decided to hire because it was more work than I wanted to do in my little bit of free time. I’m so glad I used Hibu. Their ads were fantastic and brought customers right to the page of my website they were searching on.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Tamina is extremely helpful, I've been working with her for close to 2 years off and on. She's been always able to answer my questions and concerns. I would highly recommend her services to anyone seeking help for online marketing. Thanks Tamina. Your service is superb!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Hibu provides affordable and effective web marketing services. We're amazed by our new website activity, i.e. In 90-days, 751 visits, 1,522 page views, 84.9% new visitors and 15% return visitors. Display Ads yielded 24.9K impressions with 302 ad clicks. This information is obtained straight from my dashboard which I can view anytime and anywhere from any device with internet access. It's real and we are happy! I was a skeptic at first. Someone always claims that their widget is the best. Our rep Kevin Towne and his support team handles us with great care. Based on performance to date, I would recommend Hibu for businesses that utilize a website and the internet to market its products and services. Not a paid testimonial!

Hibu response

Austin, thank you for your comments about us and Kevin. We are pleased that your digital marketing is performing so well and are happy to be your partner in building your business.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

My experience has been nothing but top notch. Excellent customer service, attention to detail and turnaround times. My response to the services has been excellent and well worth the investment. I look forward to seeing more great results. I am so grateful and appreciative of Ken ** and everything he has done to help my business. I would highly recommend Ken and Hibu to any business owner.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Hibu has helped me update my website and been very helpful along the way. They have been more involved than the company I worked with before and come and physically talk to me often. I am glad I made the switch to Hibu.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I have worked with Susan ** for several years, and could not be happier with her. She has taken the time to really get to know my business. I would certainly recommend her, and Hibu to anyone. She is definitely an asset to the Hibu.

Hibu response

Kevin, We’re delighted to read your feedback about us your representative, Susan!! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the perfect product for each customer!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

My experience with HIBU and my sales rep, Julie **, has been excellent. She has been very attentive to my account and has been incredibly helpful walking me through this digital landscape! I would highly recommend HIBU and Julie to any business that is looking to grow their business and increase online visibility.

Hibu response

Great feedback, Jeff! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with Hibu and Julie! Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Apparently everyone loves or hates Hibu. I was sucked in by the promises of Patricia about how she would be “my person”. She said I could contact her for all problems. I have not heard from her in several months. The website was not changed since the original month except when they added videos I sent them. She won’t return calls to resolve a major issue. I agree to a 6 month contract that was well above what I could afford in my new small business. After Hibu continued to bill after 6 months, Patricia continues to ignore me. I refused to pay and let my credit card company deal with the bill. Now they are apparently going to erase my website. Where is “my person” Patricia now? Don’t use Hibu unless you want to learn an expensive lesson!

Hibu response

Hi Peggy, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you had with Hibu. We’ll schedule someone from our customer service team to contact you to form a solution.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Sales representative show a high level of professionalism and eager to go above and beyond customer satisfaction. It is a pleasure to have this associate assist my company with our advertising needs. She is always willing to meet with us when is most convenient for us. Even when running late she is always willing to wait for us. We are satisfy with the services she is delivered to our company and will highly recommend her.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

They provided no services to me. I cancelled my account 12 hours after signing up. They performed no services for me, we did not compose an ad, nothing. I cancelled and they still billed me after I received a cancellation email. AVOID this Company.

Hibu response

10/10/18 Thank you for giving us the opportunity to resolve this issue. Your feedback is valuable to us and we will use it to improve our products and services. We’ll reach out privately to begin resolving this issue.

No response received
Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I was very dissatisfied with Hibu!!! Very unprofessional service and capabilities. No audio on my site video, Charging for changes that should be included in the web build quote. Too much bs. I do not recommend this service as not to be trusted and very poor service!!!

Hibu response

Brian, when you have a free moment please reply to my emails. I need your Hibu account information to review your concern further. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Always a great meeting. Stacy explains things well and answers questions. We upgraded our website to the new version. We are pleased with the continued service. We do not have a great response with our customers and the website, as most business is from locals.

Hibu response

Lou, Thank you for taking the time to share your Hibu experience with others. We’re happy that you’re enjoying your new website!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

We started with Hibu 6 months ago. Used them for SEM and display ads. Our clicks have skyrocket. We have just added a social campaign. With this they are testing ads to see results then pushing the most responsive ad to get the best results, I love that they take the time to make sure the campaign is successful.

Hibu response

Great feedback, Dustin! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your Search, Display and Social campaigns!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Hibu offers a wide array of online services and with results! Since we signed up we have seen a 100 percent jump in business! They redesigned our website, brought it up to date and incorporated our own review system! Very helpful staff that will walk us through any changes we need, and an easy format for our own modifications and blogging! Highly recommended!

Hibu response

Great feedback, Tennison! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your Website, Reviews and Online Display ads!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Julie ** has done an awesome job on upgrading our website! She took our website from the 90's to the 20th century. She offered great suggestions and was "Julie on the stop" for changes that needed to be made. Anytime we have had questions or want to make changes/adds, Julie takes care of Metro Glass immediately as if we were her only client. I will recommend Julie ** and Hibu to others.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Brandon organized, researched and cleared up account issues and got all of our advertising current and social sites linked. Other competitors have tried to get us to switch and I have told them no. I like the cohesion of one company handling all aspects of the advertising so there is much less confusion.

Resolution response: Oct. 10, 2018

They finally cancelled my account which is what I wanted. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

They don’t do what they promise and won’t cancel my contract even after they repeatedly screwed up. I’m paying for lost leads. They are basically stealing from me! Story: A sales rep came to my business for 2 days in a row along with his manager. Then put me on a webinar with another sales rep and they promised me: better leads than I can get, more impressions per ad, real time metrics to my ad (the ones FB offers for free), instant emails of new leads, an analyst that is knowledgeable with FB campaigns. None of this has happened! They have gotten me 2 leads in 5 days. I can get 2 leads in 1 hour through FB myself. Their impressions are only about 300-500 daily which is really poor.

Here is where I’m pissed. I have 2 new leads but haven’t been able to download them for over 4 days 'cause of an issue they can’t fix. This is lost money and they still want to charge me for this?? The leads weren’t even emailed to me, I had to go in and see that they were there in their portal. Speaking of portal, the metrics are about a day behind and just show some bar graphs that mean nothing. Their filter for day, month, all time doesn’t even work properly. My analyst is suppose to be a specialist, but everything I tell her, she says that she will send it to her team to see what they can do. Why am I speaking to her then? Put me in contact with a person that can make things happen. She is just a roadblock that is delaying the fix. DO NOT SIGN WITH THIS COMPANY. SCAM!!

Hibu response

Allen, thank you for taking the time to work with me on your concerns. I am glad, in the end, we were able to reach an acceptable resolution. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

HIBU has done in a few months, what my former website and social media people did not do in years! Thank you Steve **, Ruth ** and staff for upping our image.

Since our website and social media campaign went live, we have seen a dramatic increase in our new client response rate. What am I saying, with our former provider, we saw nothing. They not only did not correct errors in our internet footprint, they created them. Thank you!

Hibu response

This is great news Eric! We are happy for your increase in new client responses. Thank you for sharing.

Hibu Customer Service

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

Hibu and their local team gave me an in person presentation and patiently helped craft a campaign that has need excellent results. I also get emailed results that I can review and make changes as needed. I would recommend a consultation and see what they can do for you!

Hibu response

We are happy that you are getting great results and taking advantage of the reports. Thank you Ron for letting us know.

Hibu Customer Service

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

This is by far the worst arrangement I have ever had the misfortune of being a part of. I was solicited at my business by George ** "Senior Account Executive". During and after his pitch. I expressed my opinion that I did not think Yellow Pages, which is now Hibu, would provide much of a return, that I don't think their platform (or book) is really used, and that I don't think it would be worthwhile investment. He would not take no for an answer, continued to persist, and assured me that there are still a significant amount of use on both their website and their book. Obviously, I was skeptical. The sales pitch was very much one of those "I'm not leaving until you say yes or kick me out" kinds of pitches.

The big picture was that we would pay a deposit, then, months down the road when the book actually ships, we would make 12 monthly payments to pay the rest of the balance. And, in the meantime between the agreement and the distribution of the book, we would have our listing displayed on their website that entire time for no additional cost, and he assured me that we should pick up a few clients that would pay for the cost of the advertising in that time alone. Reluctantly, and mostly because of the months of "free" listing on their website, I stupidly agreed to their services. It has now been an entire year since that agreement was made and our listing has been on their site. An entire 365 days later and we have a grand total of 11 impressions on their listing. 11. That's not clicks, contacts, or inquiries. That's 11 times our listing was seen. 3 of which were me checking out the listing and verifying the information.

In regards to the book, it was distributed May 20th. It's now September 27th, over four months later. Now, part of what we signed up for was tracking of the website analytics and of the calls made to the number listed in the book (which redirects to our actual phone number). We have one phone call. And yes, that was us testing the number. I reached out to George more than once to express my frustration. The only response I received was a "give it more time to work" and a complete refusal to try to do anything at all to remedy my unhappiness with the arrangement.

This entire ordeal has been absolutely infuriating. As a business owner I would never offer a "service" that literally does nothing to provide what I'm telling my customers it will provide. And, if a customer approached me with any kind of dissatisfaction with my services, I would absolutely do anything I could to make it right. Hibu, and Yellowbook, and any other name they operate under is absolutely predatory, a scam, and entirely not worth the money. Be warned; do not fall prey to their promises like I did. You will most definitely regret it.

Hibu response

Brett, thank you for taking your time to express your concerns to me. Your feedback is valuable to us and we will use it to improve our products and services.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I have been working with Madison ** at Hibu a few weeks now on development of a more aggressive online marketing for my company. She has been very responsive to my needs, communicates clearly, and finds answers to my questions and concerns. I am very satisfied with her services as a representative of Hibu for GutterX, LLC.

Hibu Company Information