4.5/5 (128 ratings)

About Hibu

Hibu provides integrated, custom digital marketing solutions for small to medium-sized businesses across the United States. Hibu creates interconnected digital marketing solutions that maximize your visibility on search engines, like Google, in voice search and on social media, like Facebook, to generate more clicks, call and leads. Hibu offers a complete line of digital products, so you can get everything you need to advertise your business online from a single partner.

Pros

• Custom marketing solutions
  • Synchronized for better results
  • Everything from a single provider

Cons

• Must request quote for pricing
  • Multi-step process (not DIY)

Bottom Line

Hibu’s digital marketing solutions work as a single interconnected campaign to generate more clicks, call and leads. Hibu makes it easy for business owners to get everything they need to advertise their business online.

Top Hibu Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Steve has gone above and beyond in customer service when transitioning to Hibu for our website and digital marketing. Anytime a change needs made or an update pushed through Steve...

Verified

I had no idea where to start with my web marketing services. Michelle Bedaux ** is very knowledgeable and made the process quick and painless. Her follow up is exceptional, you wi...

What is Hibu and how does it work?

Hibu is a digital marketing services provider that combines a comprehensive range of products and strategies into one interconnected marketing solution to help generate increased calls, clicks and leads. Some of the services Hibu offers include:

Online presence solutions
Hibu’s online presence solutions promise to give you everything you need for a perfect first impression. The company takes care of your complete online presence, including your website, and online listings, Google "My Business" page and Facebook page – all the most important places a customer could find you.
Hibu Smart Sites
Hibu Smart Sites are the heart of Hibu’s integrated digital marketing solutions. Its Smart Sites have advanced technology that over 80% of websites don’t have, helping them perform better than other websites — simply put, they communicate more information to Google to increase your search ranking and visibility.
Search, social and display advertising
With an advertising campaign from Hibu, you target your customers with a diversified ad campaign using social, display and search ads to reach customers wherever they are online. By advertising with an integrated digital marketing solution, you drive awareness, engagement and conversion across your complete online presence.

Hibu is a popular digital marketing option for both professional services and blue collar-services. The company creates custom Smart Sites that are the central hub of an interconnected, results-oriented digital marketing campaign.

Hibu is a full-service provider, as opposed to a DIY option. You work with a designated digital marketing specialist to provide background about your business and determine your primary business goals. That information is then used to create a digital marketing solution to achieve your goal, whether its increased visibility, improved customer engagement, and/or generating more qualified leads.

The overall development process includes a no-obligation consultation, a review stage for your website and/or ad design and final sign-off. Pricing is monthly, determined by the products and services you select for your specific solution. You can request changes to your website and ads at any time. If you’d prefer to do the work on your own, the client dashboard provides 24/7 results tracking as well as DIY options for simple changes.

Hibu pricing

Hibu doesn’t list pricing information on its website because the company does not offer cookie-cutter packages. Since every digital marketing solution is tailored to your specific business, the price is determined by your specific campaign. To get an idea about what a digital solution would look like for your business, schedule a brief, no-obligation phone call to discuss your budget and business goals.

Hibu generally provides services based on a monthly payment schedule. Depending on the solution you choose, there may be an upfront cost that covers initial development and building your website. Generally, your website is part of a multichannel solution and not a stand-alone offer. The cost varies based on factors such as:

• The complexity of your solution
  • If your solution includes reputation management
  • If your solution includes an interconnected ad campaign (search ads, social ads and/or display ads)

Hibu FAQs

What services does Hibu offer?
Hibu creates smart digital marketing solutions built to meet your specific businesses goals based on decades of learning working with local businesses. Hibu builds integrated marketing solutions where all the pieces work together to deliver a strong return from your marketing budget. Hibu’s solutions include listings management, reputation and online reviews, websites, Facebook and Google pages, mobile and search ads, search and social ads, retargeting, organic search ranking, voice search, lead tracking and management.
How much do Hibu’s services cost?
Rather than present a cookie-cutter pricing chart, Hibu’s digital marketing solutions are built to meet your budget and business goals. You can get a free estimate of what your specific solution would cost by calling Hibu for a brief, no-obligation talk with a digital specialist.
Does Hibu do website design?
Yes. With Hibu, your website is custom-built for your business — the design is based on what works best for your specific industry, based on years of data. Hibu states its websites are built to feature the right types of engagement and content for your business.
Where is Hibu located?
Hibu has physical locations in Pennsylvania, Iowa and New York, but the company also has local representatives based across the United States. In most areas of the country, you have a choice of working with someone over the phone or with a local representative.

Is Hibu worth the money?

Hibu is a smart business decision for small and midsize business owners looking to build their online presence and increase results from their digital marketing. Hibu is also a proven choice for business owners who do not want to do it themselves or have tried that and weren’t happy with the results. Because Hibu’s integrated solution system provides a comprehensive package of products, it can save you time and possibly money.

Hibu Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hibu?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

I had the pleasure of working with Jen ** and I am happy to announce, she is the very best marketing specialist I have spoken to or worked with. As a lifelong master mason & the owner of Old Colony Masons, Quincy, Ma., I needed help with online marketing. After talking to an unlimited amount of marketing companies over the years, I finally found a true professional with Jen **. Jen is different than most digital marketers. She learned everything about the masonry contracting business before offering marketing advice to us. That was key in my opinion. How can a marketing company sell marketing without knowing you're business first?

What's most important to my businesses success she asked, driving people to my website or making the phone ring. "Making the phone ring", I replied. Jen certainly did that for us and a whole lot more. We now get people not only calling to schedule onsite estimates but customers scheduling through our online forms. Jen will help you to build an email database, the ability to sell without ever talking to your customer, she builds an easy method for customer to write testimonials & she will help you get reviews.

Jen increases your Google & Bing rankings quickly. We now are listed on top of search engines. I thought my website was great but Jen was able to upgrade that too and she made it interactive. My customers love that. She allows us to dictate our marketing budget, I dictate how much help we need with SEO, posts, blogs, analytics, etc. I'm no longer on a specific, made for everyone marketing plan. Jen set us up with helpful plug in's, she expanded our reach and she turned my already successful company into a booking machine.

If you think your marketing pro is doing a good job, call Jen **. She will surprise you with her knowledge, experience & her ability to grow a business. Jen is not a young kid trying to make their bones. She is a marketing master and she tailor builds a plan that will work for your individual business. Old Colony Masons highly recommends hiring Jen **. Let this incredible person take over your company's marketing and she will give you more than just a return on investment. She will literally grow your business from day one.

Get buying tips about Business to Business Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 10, 2021

In our extremely competitive and constantly changing industry, I am beyond grateful to work with a company of HIBU's caliber. We could not compete in the digital space without the assistance of HIBU and my extremely helpful representative, Dave **! He has dedicated his time and knowledge to help us choose the proper products, budget, and campaign strategies to strengthen our online presence, while still being able to keep our preferred placement in the print Yellow Pages as we still reach many of our customers that way. We are extremely satisfied and HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIBU, especially if you are fortunate enough to work with Dave **!

Hibu response

Thank you so much for the awesome review! It really does mean a lot. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need anything from us in the future.

Original review: March 23, 2021

We couldn't be more thankful for what Patrick has brought to our team. It's clear that to be a competitive business, you need to have a great website, online presence, timely and effective ads, etc. Patrick handles all aspects of our marketing for us and we have been thrilled with the results. Not only has our business grown to the point of opening a second office in a new territory in less than a year, we have more time to focus on training the team and analyzing where the business can improve. I also like that he's local and easy to reach, if we have questions or want to make any adjustments, he's quick to meet with me and/or make changes. I'd highly recommend Patrick and am happy to be a reference for his great work!

Original review: March 19, 2021

We've been with HIBU for many years. For the most part it is because of Christy, our rep. ALWAYS giving us GREAT advice to keep current & fresh. She has spent so much time assisting us & educating us about new products & how it all assists our business! She always has time for us, answers all our many questions patiently, so kind & truly is a pro! Yes, she may be "doing her job", but she GIVES 110% of her time & expertise. Thank you Christy for being an intricate TEAM member for HIBU!!!

Hibu response

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding Christy Gilligan! We’ll send this on to them, we’re sure they’ll be glad to know. Have a great day!

Original review: March 19, 2021

Almost anyone who works in marketing can appreciate this type of help!! Hibu's - Tom ** is a true partner and provides exemplary support for your marketing/website. Tell him what you envision and he will do everything he can to bring it to life. Tom is the calm in the storm of your marketing "to-do" list. We are incredibly grateful that he is a part of our team! If you provide him with an image or an idea he will make it work. He truly enjoys problem-solving and does an excellent job at it! Thank you!

Hibu response

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding Tom Brown! We’ll send this on to them, we’re sure they’ll be glad to know. Have a great day!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

Since Randy has started our advertising I have listened to his recommendations/suggestions. I have seen 3-4 times the leads come in and we are very impressed with his due-diligence and long term history of customer service with our company, as well as paying attention to detail. Business has been off the charts the past 6 months and going forward we are increasing our advertising even more. Thanks for helping my business grow!

Scott M **
    Comfort Zone AC and Heating, LLC

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

It is too bad that you can't leave less than a 1 star rating. Hibu is probably the worst company I have ever worked with. In the 6+ weeks we have been doing paid Google search with them we received 4 phone calls that cost us over $750 each. After bringing this to their attention I was told that they could optimize the program. If they were actually managing my campaign wouldn't they see that the program is not working. Why did I have to bring it to their attention? I am looking for a Marketing Partner and not a company that just bills me each month and results don't matter. The digital market is tough and have been taken advantage before.

I asked my rep and my rep's manager what percentage of my advertising budget actually goes to Google. When I called in to the toll free number I was told there NO FEE to manage my advertising because they get paid from Google. According to their Terms and Conditions this statement is FALSE as it clearly stated a percentage of what we pay them is allocated to their fee. When I asked my rep and his manager I was told that information is not available to them and above their pay grade. I have seen online and told by others that their fee is 50% of my budget to manage the campaign.

Nowhere on the agreement is the management fee listed to run my Google Ad Words. I have been talking with other REPUTABLE agencies and we would pay Google directly on our own account and pay them an agreed upon amount to manage the advertising. I have been quoted anywhere from 12-33% which is transparent and something that Hibu does not care about. If you are looking to flush your money down the toilet Hibu is your company. If you are looking for results it won't be coming from Hibu. BUYER BEWARE!

Hibu response

We have made several attempts to contact you to review your advertising concern that was first brought to our attention 11/11/21. Please call Hibu Customer Service within the next 3 business days. If we don't hear from you, we will assume the concern has been resolved and we will close our investigation.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

Steven ** with Mark did a fantastic job replacing toilet, clean drainage lines and flushing hot water tank. Would highly recommend to anyone. Have used Duncan Plumbing Solutions several times with great results. Always on time and pleasant to work with.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

**BUYER BEWARE- ** Hiring Hibu for their web services has been my biggest mistake for my business yet. The business model is 3-fold: DISPLAY/SEARCH/REPUTATION. The promises of support and customer care were overpromised and under-delivered! Their Dashboard provides "measurable metrics" but their program and internet intelligence has done absolutely nothing for my business, yet they still continue to get paid.

I have spoken with my sales rep, his boss and the corporate cancellation line on numerous occasions and it's a run-around that reminds me of a "6-month contract." "Just give it a little more time" is a common statement that I have heard from this vendor; it's been over two months and they continue to state they are going to try new things and do this and that- yet nothing changes.

In summary, Hibu is the only winner here. Instead of standing behind their product and earning their money, they threaten collections after a failed partnership. In hindsight, I now look over the reviews of potential companies and wish I had done my research on HIBU before going under contract with them because I have found too many negative reviews to count! Do yourself a favor and stay far away from Hibu.

Hibu response

We are sorry we weren’t able to resolve your concern, but thank you for your time on our attempt to come to a mutual resolution.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

They do not warn you when an auto renewal is due and if you notice and call them to cancel, even four days in, they refuse. They then charge you for the whole month. For me it was a PPC campaign. I was on pause and had told the salesman that we were too busy to accept new leads and wanted to cancel the campaign. I let them talk me into pausing it. When it came time to come off of the final allowed pause I was charged for renewal. When I noticed months later, I called 4 days into the month I discovered it. I told them I wanted to cancel, I was told that I had to wait until the end of the month. I was charged for the whole month even though I had called on the fourth.

Additionally, they had sent emails reminding me that the pause was coming to an end and asked if I wanted to remain on pause. I did and responded. I did not receive an email asking if I wanted to go active at the end of the final allowed pause. I recommend you stay away from a company that operates this way. If you do go with them and want to pause your campaign, I highly recommend you cancel it when you don't need it and start it up again when you need it.

Hibu Company Information