4.68/5
Based on 219 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

GoodHire is an employment background check that is built for trust and safety in the workplace. No matter what kind of business you are, when it comes to hiring a staff, you want to make sure you are hiring quality personnel. With GoodHire, you can rest assured that the results you receive will not only be accurate but secure as well. From personal background checks to employment background checks, GoodHire will help you find the best people for the job. Contact us today to learn more.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 20, 2018

330 GoodHire Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 20, 2018

The owner of our company has always used GoodHire. It is very easy to use when running background checks. I had to call their customer service when I first took over and got my email set up as the primary contact person. Their customer service team is very easy to work with and we do everything online.

Get expert buying tips about Employment Screening Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 19, 2018

GoodHire is way better than other services I've used before. Like with Intelius, you would pay 50 bucks and sometimes, they would not even have the data. There was no way to look up from social security number. You would have to submit a name and sometimes, they would ask for a phone number. And there was no direct way to directly submit information or whatever they were asking for. But with GoodHire, I don’t even need to do any of those. I just need to send the email of the person that I’m running a background check of and the candidate can then go and fill that information himself.

It is super easy and even a candidate can see what is wrong with his report rather than just me seeing it. So it’s helpful for not just the employer, but I think as a person. If I’m not hiring that guy, at least he will know what is there on his report. It’s pretty open and transparent. I always talk to one of the ladies and she’s very responsive, even the account set-up. She did it very well and within a day or two, I was up and running. I've already referred GoodHire to a lot of my friends.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Running a background check with GoodHire is easy, very simple and if there are any mistakes, then I can just email Bev and she’ll fix it for me. She is very quick to respond and very helpful when I need her. I like GoodHire better than our previous provider.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 17, 2018

My credit card was recently used at GoodHire without my authorization, I canceled my card and notified GoodHire and was told someone would contact me later that day and no one called. I called the following day to check on the status of my complaint and was told that the money would be returned to my account within 7 business days. I asked the unfriendly woman for information about the transaction and was informed that I would need to get a lawyer to subpoena GoodHire for that information. It's ironic they do background checks but can't verify the validity of a credit card user.

GoodHire response

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. Identity theft and the use of stolen credit card information is an issue we take very seriously. It’s unfortunate that your credit card was used on our site without your authorization, and we apologize that you did not receive excellent customer service from our support staff concerning this transaction. After further investigation, it looks like your account has already been refunded.

Original review: April 8, 2018

GoodHire was more user-friendly and their web interface was easier to use. And the few times I dealt with their customer service team went well. Though they sent out an email saying that they are going to pass along the fees for employment checks and I don’t know why fees would be involved in that process. We’ve done employment checks prior to hiring them, and the process is done by just calling HR departments to get basic answers to candidate’s previous employment. Other than that, we’re satisfied with GoodHire and we’re going to continue using them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoodHire?

Original review: April 7, 2018

I did a Google search for a background check and GoodHire came up. I looked at some of the things they offered and I picked them. They can run a background check and I could either pay for it or the employee pays for it, and they can send the result to me. I like that I have access to it because I was paying for background checks at one point. But the payment is according to what the person does, how much their paycheck is. If they don’t do anything, then I don’t pay for background checks. So, I let the employees pay for their own and that works for me. Overall, GoodHire is a good company. I like the ease of calling them and getting to talk to a live person.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I did a Google search on background checks for employees for a new company that I'm in the process of setting up, and found GoodHire. I spoke with someone who was very helpful and able to answer the questions that I had at the time. Although I haven't used them, based on my experience so far, they've been good. I would recommend them.

Original review: March 29, 2018

We’re a small startup company and I heard about GoodHire from an HR consultant we’re using. The website works and it's self-explanatory. The experience is straightforward too. I go to the website as the administrator and I choose what test I want to purchase. I have to pay for it first and I can add things using the menu, but I don’t usually do that. Then it brings me to a screen where I pick whether the candidate is going to fill out the information themselves or someone else is. I pick the candidate all the time then I put the candidate’s full name and then their email address, and hit “Go.”

I get updates on my email like how you track packages with UPS, letting me know what stage in the process the background check is in. It also lets me know when it’s done and when the applicant has filled out their part. It works seamlessly. The only bug that happens is that the initial email goes to spam filters 75 percent of the time so I always have to tell the applicant to look in their spam filter.

Also, the company ran a background check on me and I had to administrate that. There was a little bit of awareness when I came to the website. I had to figure out whether I log in as a corporate administrator or as myself. If I had logged as myself then I would go see my own background check. There are separate logins and permissions but you can get confused before you realize that you don’t know which one you’re in. But it’s only because I’m the administrator and an employee, and that’s a rare use case. The signage could be improved, either by changing the colors or doing something that it makes it different a little bit. Otherwise, I think the website works pretty well, or actually better than that.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I called different background check companies to get quotes and the main thing was I wanted to get a faster turn-around time. Other service providers take too long and when I called GoodHire, they told me it would take an average of about one to two days. The system is easy to use and we got results back within the day the first time we used it. But the most recent ones are taking a little longer. The last two I've done took over a week. I sent an email to their customer service rep asking if she could help me to try to get it sooner. Timing is very important to us. When we get an order, we have to fill it as soon as possible and if we can’t respond, the client is going to have another agency that’s going to be able to do it and we lose them. But otherwise, I’m satisfied with the system.

Original review: March 25, 2018

Running a background check with GoodHire is very simple. The instructions were helpful and the system's operation is really good. Others should try GoodHire.

Original review: March 23, 2018

My partner, Don, did some internet research and he found GoodHire. We tried a different background check provider and then they told us that it takes three to four days for results to come back and we didn't have that kind of time. And then we talked to Michael and he said GoodHire can get it done a lot quicker, and he did. We processed one person, and everything's been great. Running a background check with GoodHire was super easy. And the best part of the whole thing was, I could call Michael and it wasn’t a prompt that said, “Try this number." He picked up the phone immediately, and he was very cool. The beauty of having a one-on-one with the person who sold your account contact is when the electricity, cable, or your cell phone goes out, you can call one person who can handle everything for you. GoodHire met and exceeded the expectations of our company. I recommend them.

Original review: March 22, 2018

GoodHire's team has been really good. They've been very timely to get back to me. GoodHire has a much higher quality than the previous service that we had but we are concerned whether or not it will fit into our budget. We're not officially on-boarded yet but we'll have a decision by early April. And although they're still courting me as a future customer, it looks like a good service overall.

Original review: March 20, 2018

GoodHire is fantastic, and utilizing them was easy-breezy. I would recommend them.

Original review: March 19, 2018

As a new hire in MG2, I've learned about GoodHire as they use it as their background vendor. We set up my profile and there was one little step missing. I was able to call customer service and she assisted me wonderfully. She did a couple of clicks and got me set so that I could start launching the background checks. She was very thorough and she was very friendly.

I’ve used other vendors before with complicated processes but GoodHire was very easy to use. I used Accurate Background with my previous employer and we were required to have a lot more information from the candidate prior to launching the background check. Also, we wouldn’t receive notifications that there were delays in processing. We would have to log in each day to see if there was a delay. Whereas with GoodHire, we could enter the first name, last name, and email address, and then the rest of the information would be provided by the candidate. And then, we would receive an email to say there’s a hang-up in the process. So, it makes it nice on our end. I like GoodHire a lot and would recommend it. In fact, I’ve spread the word to my previous employer and told her that we use GoodHire at MG2 and would make the job a bit easier with not having to go in and check the system on a daily basis because GoodHire sends notifications.

Original review: March 18, 2018

GoodHire was mentioned in a couple of different review sites. My husband used a different background check provider before but we went with GoodHire because it was cheaper, more convenient and more accessible. I had a very good experience with them. The system operates perfectly and it’s spot-on. It was easy to use and easy to send out the request initially. I was emailing back and forth with their customer service and they were helpful and very professional. I would tell my friends that the set-up was very easy and that GoodHire accommodated my needs to exactly what we needed to do efficiently.

Original review: March 17, 2018

I was looking for a background company in Google. I sent a request to a few companies and I like how quick GoodHire responded and their prices. We used one before but we were looking for more of a partner to stay with us for a long time and do background checks on all our employees. Carissa is our representative from Goodhire and she's super helpful. She was the one who conducted me. She replied and sent me the quote right away. So everything was great until the moment that we needed the report. We decided to try one person and it didn’t go that well because the background check found only two items out of many. I submitted account to check and I still didn’t receive it, so it doesn’t work.

I was supposed to receive background check even with estimated delivery which was three days, which is really strange that it takes so long, but we're already three days behind. That’s only one potential employee, and I have nine more on the hold right now, but I cannot submit them if it's going to be like that. But they were helpful on the phone. When I called them because I needed to find out about this employee who we were checking, they explained to me that it’s going to take a few days. So far everything is great except with the actual background.

Original review: March 16, 2018

Our hiring needs have increased and we thought getting a background check provider was a good idea. GoodHire's customer service team has been very attentive. They've been helping us every step of the way with everything that we needed, making sure we have our documents signed and back to them. It's been fairly easy and the people there have been good to work with.

Original review: March 15, 2018

GoodHire has been issue-free, easy to use and doing everything we needed it to. One of our co-founders chose them.

Original review: March 14, 2018

The company that I work for uses GoodHire. It was a good experience using them and things have gone pretty smoothly. I talked to their customer service when I had a question about doing a larger order. So I sent them an email and talked back and forth with somebody for a little bit. They helped me out and they had the information that I needed. I will tell my friends that GoodHire works and it was quick and easy to use.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I was researching online and GoodHire came up in one of the searches. After I filled out something, a lady had reached out to me right away. She asked about what our business needed. Then she filtered through the product and what best fit our needs. Since we were so busy, we didn't respond at first after she followed-up with the pricing proposal. But she kept following-up until I emailed her about it to set up an account. Overall, GoodHire has a good product and customer service. I would recommend them.

Original review: March 12, 2018

We were searching for companies that did background checks and we didn’t like what we saw, so we opted to go with GoodHire because of the combination of the price, what was offered, and the quickness of their response. They were very straightforward and easy to figure out for somebody that had not been in there prior, and the information that was required was relatively minimal. We just had to provide an email address and a name, and everything else was handled after we paid. They were the ones that reached out to the potential employee and asked for some more non-public information.

Once that was provided, they proceeded with the background check and all was smooth from there. GoodHire has a reasonable cost, I don’t have to gather any non-public information from our potential hires, the response is detailed and everything is available online. Prior to using them, we had a co-employer and they were the ones that managed background checks for us. GoodHire meets and exceeds expectations. Plus, updating the company’s address was simple and straightforward, and the agent I spoke with held my problem quickly.

Original review: March 12, 2018

The rate of GoodHire was convenient and in the right price range. It was my first time using them and it was really easy. They were attentive and prompt too.

Original review: March 11, 2018

I read an article online about background check companies and GoodHire was listed as one of the top ones. Their website looked pretty good and the cost was reasonable. Also, their salesperson answered all my questions and their customer service team has been very responsive. Everything has been good so far with GoodHire.

Original review: March 10, 2018

We were working with another company called Breezy and they're integrated with GoodHire, so we began researching them as well as some additional background check providers and ended up going with GoodHire. Their sales rep, when we initially reached out, was very responsive. He made himself available anytime we wanted to book a call. From there, going through the MSA agreement and getting all the contract signed was a really easy experience. Their employers and customer support rep were also very responsive. Moreover, the customer service rep was available just about any time we needed her to be.

Compared to our old provider, GoodHire is a lot more automated and have a lot more features. So far, we're still in development and setting up the integration, but they stepped us through a demo and it was great. We're based out in Louisiana so they demoed via video conference. Everything that we needed them to do, they did extremely quickly. They're constantly checking in with me to see how the progress is going with our engineers and with the Breezy integration. We're also building an LMS system and, although we preferred to do it ourselves, they were willing to write up training guides for our team that are specific to our account, not just general GoodHire training, which was generous. Their pricing is highly competitive and they have a great support team. I would highly recommend them to anyone else.

Original review: March 9, 2018

We were googling different background companies and we picked the top three that showed up as we needed some comparison offers. GoodHire was one of the comparable ones and so far, I've spoken with their customer service. They've been great and very friendly. We would more than likely recommend them.

Original review: March 8, 2018

GoodHire’s service is very nice and very thorough as compared to other service providers. We've hired a few new people and our policy now is to make sure we do a background check on everybody. The service is very quick and if there's a problem, they let us know right away. It also has a chat button that I can click and then type in my questions and they’re right there to figure it out. In fact, I had a problem which should not have gone through. So, I clicked the chat button and their customer service helped me through it and I got taken care of immediately. Their reps were very polite and very helpful. Also, we could print out the reports for our record but it’s a very large print and has many long pages. It’d helpful if they could condense and make the report a smaller print. GoodHire's system operates very well and it's doing everything they said it's going to do. GoodHire is easy and I’ll have my friends use it.

Original review: March 7, 2018

When I looked online for the top background check companies, GoodHire was one of the top three. We used to use one of those online ones that were really cheap but they just searched the online database. GoodHire offered different options and using it was really quick and easy. Moreover, the process was very simple. I sent the application to the person and then they sent it back to me. I really like GoodHire and would recommend them.

Original review: March 6, 2018

We found out about GoodHire just through searching the internet and working with them has had a positive impact on our business. Their system has been user-friendly in running a background check and it matched our expectations. Their customer service was very responsive as well.

Original review: March 5, 2018

I googled and did a few research on the background check company. I figured Goodhire is accurate. They're the only one I'm using. I never tried other companies. When I utilize them to do the background check, it's very good. It provides my company safety working environment, so I totally enjoy the assistance. It's a very good resource one can use. Also, when I called one time because the report comes very late and it takes a while, the girl who responded was helpful. They're doing well.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I have a cleaning business, so we wanna make sure that we're thorough about the people that we send to clients' houses. Most of my staff is out in the field and we don't have a central location where I can have people come in, so the convenience of people being able to do background checks online was perfect for us. Background checks using GoodHire is fairly simple and I get results quickly, and they follow up with me and with the candidates. I've really enjoyed their service and I'm glad to have it. I can trust what they are doing for me and I've recommended them to other people in my field and other business centers.

GoodHire expert review by ConsumerAffairs

GoodHire is a US based employment screening company with services for businesses and individuals in industries across the board. Their customized services help employers make educated hiring decisions while protecting the privacy and secure information of candidates. Candidates are always treated respectfully, and their background checks are administered efficiently.

• Customizable: Employers have the option to choose from one of several predefined screening packages, or they can create their own customized background check. You can adjust your screening process as your business and its needs change.

• TrueMe for job candidates: Job candidates can stay a step ahead of potential employers by completing their own TrueMe background checks with GoodHire. Once your background check is complete, you will be sent a secure URL that can be posted directly on your resume, applications, social media profiles and/or job boards. GoodHire ensures that only verified employers can request access to your link, and you have the final say in granting access, keeping your information secure.

• Challenge errors: TrueMe reports allow individuals to add comments for previous behavior. They also have built-in tools that allow individuals to fix mistakes before they head to an interview and have an employer run a background check.

• Up-front pricing: Pricing  for pay-per-check is upfront and available on their website, making it easy for employers to decide which packages and options to choose based on their cost. View sample results for every package so you know what to expect. For high volume and customized needs, simply fill out a form online to receive a customized quote.

• HR tech integration: GoodHire has teamed up with leading HR tech companies to deliver integrated employment screening on your timeline. If your HR firm isn’t currently integrated with GoodHire, simply let them know.

• Best for: GoodHire is best for businesses and individuals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs