Call toll free
4.58/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

GoodHire is an employment background check that is built for trust and safety in the workplace. No matter what kind of business you are, when it comes to hiring a staff, you want to make sure you are hiring quality personnel. With GoodHire, you can rest assured that the results you receive will not only be accurate but secure as well. From personal background checks to employment background checks, GoodHire will help you find the best people for the job. Contact us today to learn more.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

522 GoodHire Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

GoodHire has a super easy interface. I go in and follow the steps and the processes that they have there. We order the background check and we initially requested a basic one. We could add on as we needed and we requested that. Normally, we have candidates fill in their own information to prevent any issues in misinformation there. The background check has a pretty quick turnaround. I spoke with Bev from GoodHire and she was great. She was super helpful in helping us implement the system and in getting us started on the process. Their system operation meets our expectation. I have recommended GoodHire.

Get expert buying tips about Employment Screening Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

GoodHire is my first background check service provider. I went with them and it was easy and hassle-free. They have good customer service and their interface is very user-friendly. I was able to get things done really quick. I needed to call them once because of something and I was able to talk to an actual person.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

One of the members of our church recommended we use GoodHire for our background checks. We did and their customer service has been fabulous. When I first sent them a request asking for information, I got a phone call within an hour and they scheduled a time to talk to me. Then, when they called, they walked me through, explained what all of their verbiages meant, and answered questions. We talked for an hour and a half. So far, what we're getting from GoodHire, as compared to what we're paying them, is perfect. Background checks are all done online and doing that has been very easy. Also, from a church perspective, I'm much more comfortable using them to do our background checks than the company we were using before.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

We've had a good experience with GoodHire and I would recommend them. We used them in a previous company I worked with, and so we were comfortable with their accreditation and we were familiar with how they could get what we needed done. Using them to do background checks is simple - you input the information, and depending on the time and the age of the person that you're background screening, they get back to you either two days to a week. Also, I worked with Bev when I was setting things up and she was very helpful.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I searched online for an employment background check company with a healthcare background and I found 3. One company that I dealt with just gave me the preliminary outline of what their scope was and the package they offered me didn't really have the thing I specifically asked for and outlined. I ended going with GoodHire and the employee I worked with was very responsive and straightforward. When I told him what we were looking for for the background checks, he gave me exactly that. It was also at a good price. GoodHire's customer service is great as well. We were at the point where we really needed the process to move forward as quickly as possible and they worked with us. They got to us in a couple of days, which was great.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoodHire?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

The staff at GoodHire has been fabulous. They've been very responsive and always willing to go the extra mile. The system is user-friendly and straightforward. The overall experience has been really great, and we enjoy working with them.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

The setup process with GoodHire was really easy. We got an account setup the same day and we were able to process five background checks within the hour. I expected a simple way to obtain background checks and that was accomplished. The system is pretty straightforward. I'm beyond thrilled with it. We don’t really need an extensive report but anytime we do, I know there's tons of options, so I like it.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I've used GoodHire once in the last year and it seemed to work fine. We needed to validate something that we had seen on another site and GoodHire's process was efficient.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

Using GoodHire to do background checks has been very simple. We're a little work from home network so we have a lot of employees in different states and it seems that GoodHire has the handle on all the different policies and procedures that we have to follow for the different states. That has been useful and it has made the job a lot easier for us.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I went to use their service to see if I had a warrant against me and even paid an upcharge for a premium service. They came back with nothing against me but guess what happened when I interacted with the cops. Of course I get arrested and spent a night in jail for their inactions. I called them and told them this and they then told me that they do not check every county. Well why is it when I ask you didnt do it then? Total absolute fraud. Other better service providers out there that will not sell you something fake.

GoodHire response

Of course we’re disappointed that you were less than satisfied with your personal background check. However, in an effort to respond to your review, we’ve looked into your account and have been unable to locate your information in our database. Perhaps you used a different name and email address, or used a different background check provider? We would be happy to try to address your concerns -- please reach out to our team and reference this review site.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Signing up with GoodHire was pretty easy and straightforward. It was like creating an eBay account. Their customer service reps were also good and friendly. They were willing to expedite the process to get up and running. It is easy, fast and pretty simple to run a background check with them too. So, if you want something speedy without too many issues, I recommend GoodHire.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

We have a PEO company that was helping us with our payroll benefit and background checking. However, they didn't have enough staff to do that. Because of that, they started getting companies. That was how we got GoodHire. So far, our experience with them has been good and everything has been working really well. I like the way their system operates and their turnaround time is very fast. Also, my contact is awesome and I love her. Since GoodHire is new to us, I'm constantly asking questions and every time I've also called her, she has been very friendly and answered questions. Also, when I send her emails, she responds quickly, which is something that I like.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I was very frustrated with the company that I was trying to get set up with originally. I was working with them for months and they kept giving me the runaround. Finally, I was done with them. So, I did a quick Google search and GoodHire was the first that popped up and everything has been great. I was on the phone with their rep for five minutes and the rest of the correspondence was through email. He was extremely pleasant and very easy to deal with. He got it set up with no hassle and I was very impressed with him. We have two separate accounts because we have two different businesses. We've been using them for two months now and it was extremely easy to use. The website is very user-friendly. It's easy to just input the information. Overall, all of the results come back very fast.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

GoodHire's system operates fine. It was very easy and efficient, and we've been using them for 10 years now.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I brought GoodHire into one of the companies I used to work with and I had a good experience. Then I also brought it here in my current company. Using it to run a background check has been easy. However, the interactions I had with them has been weird. We had an account manager but the account manager moved and then we had a different one. There is no account manager now so I miss having a designated person to ask questions when we have a lot of alerts that come up for some reason. It would be nice if there is a designated person instead of waiting on some random alias to respond. But it's okay if that’s not their business model anymore.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

We are a staffing agency and so, we have a lot of background checks that we do every month. We were unhappy with our current background service so, we did some research and GoodHire is the one that came up. It's better than what we used to have. It's much, much faster, much more user-friendly, and all around much better. I like that when there is an alert that happens, we're able to clear that and make sure it's okay. We're also able to request comments about the alert from our candidates specifically. That makes it extremely easy, as in all in one place and consolidated.

The return time is just phenomenal on what we've had so far. We haven't really had any issues and I like that it tells us exactly how much each background check is going to cost and that we're able to create packages for each individual client that we need. Also, our controller set up our account and she said it was super simple and very quick. And I've had to use the live chat a few times. Everyone has been very quick at response time. When they have to step away to check something, they're very good about letting me know they're gonna be away for two to three minutes and they're never gone for very long. Someone is always very quick to jump on and I don't have to wait for very long to connect with somebody. It has been a really easy experience so far and it seems very affordable. A lot of the services we have ordered has been cheaper than our past background company. We're very satisfied.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

We use GoodHire when we're hiring people and it has been really easy. It's straightforward and we get the results pretty quick. There are only some of the reports that come back but it's just how some of the counties are. GoodHire is a good tool and it comes back in a timely manner.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Multiple searches had mentioned that GoodHire was professional and reputable so I chose them. So far, their service has been satisfactory. The services that we were asking for are being provided. There have been a few instances of background checks taking longer than I would hope for, but I understand there are limitations with certain counties and certain municipalities so that’s understandable. During my initial setup, I was able to speak with somebody and my questions were answered. We did have a few questions about specific background checks that we ran and we were able to get in contact with someone on the phone. I would recommend GoodHire.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

We started to do background checks and went with GoodHire as their reviews were very good. I've done several of them and it all goes very smoothly and quickly. It's a good site that seems to be working very well and receiving everything in a timely fashion.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Using GoodHire to run a background check has been great. It has been super easy to use, and the chat function has been super helpful. The people we have dealt with have been great. The only issue I’ve had with the system would just be that the invoice would take a while to generate. So, if I’m submitting an expense report, that was kind of an outstanding thing that I couldn’t get receipts for those. But otherwise, everything has been great.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

What we did previously to run background checks was a lot more manual. We had to gather the information from the applicant, and then input it into the system ourselves. But with GoodHire, we're able to just streamline the whole process now. It's easy utilizing GoodHire to run a background check and the system works great. Also, everyone I've talked to has been great to work with. If anyone asks about GoodHire, I would tell them that it's an easy process and it's a good change.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

We needed to do some background checks, and we hadn't done them in a few years. I wasn’t satisfied with the previous company so I wanted to find a new one. I googled non-for-profit background checks and I came across an article that said how good the GoodHire company was and how it was good for non-profits. So, I went to their website and it all looked good. We didn’t want layers of background checks, we just wanted the standard ones and GoodHire looked easy to use. I've seen their reviews and it felt straightforward, honest and not too complicated. The GoodHire sales rep, Andy, was easy to work with and the interaction we had was fantastic. He was very good, checked back and answered questions right away. He was not pushy and did not make me sign on the dotted line immediately. People should use GoodHire without reservation.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

The customer service at GoodHire is a lot better than the other background check service providers we've had before. I appreciate their quick response time and the friendliness of everybody that has helped me. That was a huge plus. I have to go via phone tree with a lot of the other companies, or they’re not able to get me an answer right away versus GoodHire where they seem to be able to make things work quickly.

We had been working in the beginning with somebody named Dan, and he was knowledgeable. He didn't insult our intelligence because we have done this before with background check companies. I pretty much came to the table already knowing what my questions and concerns were gonna be as far as processing. He took away the base part that he maybe would normally do with another company. We cut to the chase, so that was nice. He wasn’t pushy at all on us. He wanted to make sure that we felt comfortable and had time to think about it. And then we moved on to a dedicated customer service rep named Tracy, who’s been phenomenal. Anything that we needed, she made it happened. She is responsive to emails and has jumped on calls with us to troubleshoot early on.

The only sticky situation we got into was the transitioning in between Dan and Tracy where there probably could have been an improvement in communication. There were some things lacking from our reports that we did, and some things that were suggested after the fact when we were to go start processing reports. They’ve spun something new on us and it delayed our reporting, and packages weren’t put together correctly. But I could not say it is one person’s fault. That just seemed like a lot of things were lost in translation between the passing.

But other than that, utilizing GoodHire is simple and straightforward. They were able to put together a package for us so I do not have to guess what I need to get done. It’s all put together for me already. The processing time is quick. I did not feel like I got a bad experience my first couple of times using it. Sometimes our clients are really demanding and want to know updates as we get them or updates in real time about different subsections on reports. It is nice that we are able to see that with GoodHire. With the return time on the reports, it met our expectations and what we were expecting. We have only got to use GoodHire twice now, and I can say that it’s been a really great experience so far. I now have very high expectations of them because of the quality of service they have already given to us, and I feel like that’s the standard they have set. So I hope that we can continue to see that level of service here in 2019.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I did an online search and I called GoodHire to try to find a new background company because we used to have one and we were no longer using them. Everything is fine with GoodHire and it’s easier to use than what I was using prior. I’ve only used it twice but it asked me for an email address because a lot of our fieldworkers don’t have emails. A lot of them are Hispanic and they don’t speak English. So, the background checks sign the consent form which is what we do for them. It didn’t happen the first time I used it, but now, it’s getting clogged up. I get the same notices and it says, “locked account.” I would need help on that and I’m gonna call GoodHire today.

We have to make sure that before we release any information, we get them to sign the consent that gives us permission to pull the screening. I wanna make sure that the screens that I submitted went through okay. We have jobs coming up and I have to make sure these guys can get on. Nevertheless, the system is simple and you don’t get lost in there. It’s got a big button to run a background check on a new one. I’m satisfied and it works well for me.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

The big challenge that we saw with GoodHire is their drug testing service isn't as easy to use as One Source's drug screen provider. We've run into some problems, as far as scheduling and locations, and they don't have the allocation that's within an hour and a half of Eugene, and we have an office in Eugene, so that's not too probable. So, we've had to use our previous one and we're looking to see how we might be able to integrate them into our system. Nonetheless, GoodHire has a bit of a modern feel and it's easier for the applicants to input their own information and control their own destiny as opposed to the paper system we had been using previously where they had to fill out the application and then we uploaded it. We're trying to streamline that. Their customer service has been fine. I contacted them about the drug screening part and they responded back quickly. They weren't able to really change anything but they at least responded.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

GoodHire was advertised as an integrated product through BambooHR and it is still new to us, so we are still exploring it. But so far, we've had a good experience. They've definitely returned the results much quicker than the previous background check company we had and the integration with BambooHR is a bonus. It also sounds like it is gonna continue to improve. We were happy with our previous company, but so far, we've had great service with GoodHire. I find it very user-friendly and it is clear where you hit the first button to run the background check. There are a couple different steps than with our previous company that add a couple things for an applicant putting in their information. Putting in the location where you are from can be confusing for some applicants, which is a feature that we did not have with our previous background check company. But overall, GoodHire is straightforward and it meets our expectations.

The customer service team at GoodHire is very friendly and knowledgeable, and they are quick to provide service. I don't need to wait a long time on hold and they have resolved my problems quickly. GoodHire is affordable and they have the easy-to-use option that has a strong customer service and seems to be evolving and growing, so we'll definitely recommend checking out the company. It is saving us a bit of money as well compared to our previous provider.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

GoodHire is a simple and easy to use background check software. It is user-friendly and intuitive, and it integrates with our HRAS software. I don't need to enter people's name and info twice. Plus, it meets the company's expectations. When I spoke with an implementation person about setting it up, he was helpful. For those looking for picking up on something quickly, GoodHire is a good bet.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

We did a Google search and went through a bunch of background check companies, and GoodHire was one of them that we talked to. We reached out for information and everything was good. We can't utilize any of the services yet. Maybe we will do stuff at the start of next year.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

My husband's five-year business partner found GoodHire and the experience that we've had with them has been great. We’ve only done five background checks with them, but their service worked well for us. Utilizing them to run a background check is easy. Go online, log in, enter the information, and hit send. The system sends an email to the client that we’re running the background check on and once they accept it, the turnaround time is usually from 24 hours to 48 hours. We're very satisfied with GoodHire.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

We did background checks through the state. We would just send a consent form in, and then the state would take care of everything else. With GoodHire, we have to get a consent from the person who we’re doing the background check on, and we also have to get their pertinent information. It’s a fairly simple process. The customer service team at GoodHire walked me through how to get the process done. They were very knowledgeable.

GoodHire expert review by ConsumerAffairs

GoodHire is a US based employment screening company with services for businesses and individuals in industries across the board. Their customized services help employers make educated hiring decisions while protecting the privacy and secure information of candidates. Candidates are always treated respectfully, and their background checks are administered efficiently.

• Customizable: Employers have the option to choose from one of several predefined screening packages, or they can create their own customized background check. You can adjust your screening process as your business and its needs change.

• TrueMe for job candidates: Job candidates can stay a step ahead of potential employers by completing their own TrueMe background checks with GoodHire. Once your background check is complete, you will be sent a secure URL that can be posted directly on your resume, applications, social media profiles and/or job boards. GoodHire ensures that only verified employers can request access to your link, and you have the final say in granting access, keeping your information secure.

• Challenge errors: TrueMe reports allow individuals to add comments for previous behavior. They also have built-in tools that allow individuals to fix mistakes before they head to an interview and have an employer run a background check.

• Up-front pricing: Pricing  for pay-per-check is upfront and available on their website, making it easy for employers to decide which packages and options to choose based on their cost. View sample results for every package so you know what to expect. For high volume and customized needs, simply fill out a form online to receive a customized quote.

• HR tech integration: GoodHire has teamed up with leading HR tech companies to deliver integrated employment screening on your timeline. If your HR firm isn’t currently integrated with GoodHire, simply let them know.

• Best for: GoodHire is best for businesses and individuals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs Research Team

GoodHire Company Information

555 Twin Dolphin Drive, Suite 200
Redwood City
866-336-4008
www.goodhire.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.