Accredited Partner

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.62/5

GoodHire provides FCRA-compliant employment background checks and screening solutions for businesses and organizations of all sizes. Featuring easy-to-use workflows, built-in compliance tools, and a mobile-friendly candidate experience, GoodHire speeds and simplifies the background check process to help you screen and hire candidates faster.

GoodHire Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoodHire?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoodHire?

Original review: June 12, 2020

I was reading an article and it led me to GoodHire and another company. We have an operation in Florida and they had contacted a couple of local options. In the corporate office in Virginia, we're not very happy about the way it was presented and we gave GoodHire a try. I like the ease of navigation of their system. You might be a little bit confused the first time when you're filling out the form that says "save or continue", but their team is so good. I've tried all forms. I've called them, emailed them, and we've done chats. It doesn’t matter which method of communication I choose, they are very responsive. There is almost no wait time and they are very knowledgeable. They don’t tell you to call back later nor do they transfer you 20 times. Whoever answers that phone stays with you until the issue is resolved. We are planning to stay with GoodHire and will continue to use them.

Get buying tips about Employment Screening Services delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
    Original review: June 7, 2020

The company that I worked with hired 150,000 people a year and all of the employees were put through the screening process. Sterling was a very large vendor of the company I worked with. But the company I'm with now is very small. It’s a boutique firm. GoodHire was referred by ADT and the experience with them was much easier than it was with Sterling. The issue there was with volume.

Utilizing GoodHire was pretty seamless. The initial setup was a bit of a process in terms of getting the company set up. But once that was done, it was excellent. It was easy for the candidate and for me. I enjoyed it as you can enjoy something like that. Customer service was very helpful. They responded to me very quickly and it was a very good experience. The service was excellent and the information was timely. It was very easy to read for a layperson.

Original review: June 6, 2020

It was very simple to set up things with GoodHire. I needed to run something right away and they were honestly the quickest and easiest thing for me. I started my business in January. I have hired 12 people and I've used GoodHire for that process. It's basically just me. So, as a recruiter, it's nice not to have to do the other stuff like running background checks and all the other things that go with hiring someone. It has been very easy to use and it lets me focus on my business. But I'm currently running into some issues at the very moment. I'm not getting something back that I ordered a while ago. But they've been good at communicating with me on these things.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

GoodHire was the fastest as far as credentialing and they are always available. I had a situation where I needed to get another copy and they were very accommodating. That part's the best. It’s required by the state of New Jersey to do a background check on any of the people we hire and we’ve been with GoodHire for many years. We've probably done 50 in total. I get a discount if I run a certain amount of time. If I do a pre-package, I get something like a discount for every five. GoodHire has also optimized their website. It used to take a couple days to have a return but now it comes back pretty quickly. It would actually not be that big a deal for me to make a phone call to GoodHire but I end up just running it straight on the website and it’s pretty easy. It’s the best.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

GoodHire is great. It’s really fast. It really keeps you updated on the progress of checks. And when I have problems about logging in or just asking, “Why is this taking so long? We really want this person to work for us,” they are really good at explaining why and how long it might take when there’s a holdup with the courts. I think it’s a good way. I like the options they have. Our candidates fill out their personal information. If we haven’t hired someone yet, it’s better for them to be able to provide their Social Security and more personal information like that even though we would keep it confidential. I like that option because I personally value privacy. So, this is like we do the background check, but I always pick that option for them to complete that part. I think that’s good.

Also, the turnaround is so fast once they do it just like the e-Signature. And it’s like, “Your background report is being run.” I really like that. It’s very user-friendly and very informative in terms of response time. GoodHire is such a good service. I’m an attorney and so, I used to run ISO reports. I was a workers’ comp attorney, so I work with PI’s all the time. It’s totally different than ISO’s but I really value those kinds of services because it’s very helpful and because of the population that we work with. It’s vital that we know if there are any issues with their backgrounds, and we’ve had one come up before, and then we have to be like, “Look, we can’t have you working with this population.” So, it keeps our client safe because we work with people with psychiatric disorders. I’m very protective of them, and it really helps us.

Original review: July 8, 2020

I had used other background check service providers and the interface wasn't as user-friendly as GoodHire. Using GoodHire was easy and pretty straightforward. The results for the particular test or background check that we normally request come back very quickly. The system is very well-aligned with the expectations they set. It fits our needs, and they're efficient. It's affordable for us for the amount that we use it. Their reps were also pleasant and professional. We've been very happy with the experience.

Original review: June 18, 2020

GoodHire is an excellent company. It was quick and easy to run a background check through them.

Original review: June 14, 2020

Utilizing GoodHire to run a background check is super easy. The people who work for the company are fantastic too. Every time I had a question there, they had been quick to respond and take care of any of my concerns. GoodHire is straightforward.

Original review: June 13, 2020

I did a Google search on background checks and GoodHire was recommended. Using it is easy. Once you get set up with the account, you go in and type in the person’s name and his/her email address, and then they send a link out to the person. They fill out the background stuff and all these stuff goes on in the background, and then you get a report. It usually takes three days to get them back after I fill out the application, but with the whole lockdown, it has made things take longer because the courthouses have been closed. Still, overall, it is a good service and I am happy with it.

Original review: May 7, 2020

For a potential position, I submitted requests for employment background checks to GoodHire. For the first prior position, I had been promoted 2 times while with the employer. GoodHire only reported the lowest title. Therefore, my new employer thought I misrepresented my titles. When I contacted my former employer, they advised they had provided all of my titles to GoodHire. For the second position, I had been promoted 1 time. Again, GoodHire only reported the lowest title. Therefore, my new employer thought I misrepresented my titles. When I contacted my former employer, they advised they had provided all of my titles to GoodHire.

For the third position, I worked at the company under my maiden name, which I indicated on the form for GoodHire. However, GoodHire completed the employment check under my married name. Therefore, the prior employer stated to GoodHire they had no record of my employment, which GoodHire reflected on my background check. When I checked with the former employer, they stated that Goodhire had provided my married name, but not the maiden name under which I was employed.

For the final two positions, three days after submitting the employment background check to GoodHire, and during the COVID epidemic, GoodHire claimed that they couldn't reach the employer. Therefore, they closed my entire file and sent me an email stating that the file was now complete. I filed disputes for the issues with inaccurate and incomplete information from GoodHire for literally every employer background check requested. I received an email that stated that the disputes take 30 days to complete. Therefore, I lost the employment opportunity which needed to begin within 2 weeks.

GoodHire author review by ConsumerAffairs

GoodHire is a US based employment screening company with services for businesses and individuals in industries across the board. Their customized services help employers make educated hiring decisions while protecting the privacy and secure information of candidates. Candidates are always treated respectfully, and their background checks are administered efficiently.

• Customizable: Employers have the option to choose from one of several predefined screening packages, or they can create their own customized background check. You can adjust your screening process as your business and its needs change.

• TrueMe for job candidates: Job candidates can stay a step ahead of potential employers by completing their own TrueMe background checks with GoodHire. Once your background check is complete, you will be sent a secure URL that can be posted directly on your resume, applications, social media profiles and/or job boards. GoodHire ensures that only verified employers can request access to your link, and you have the final say in granting access, keeping your information secure.

• Challenge errors: TrueMe reports allow individuals to add comments for previous behavior. They also have built-in tools that allow individuals to fix mistakes before they head to an interview and have an employer run a background check.

• Up-front pricing: Pricing  for pay-per-check is upfront and available on their website, making it easy for employers to decide which packages and options to choose based on their cost. View sample results for every package so you know what to expect. For high volume and customized needs, simply fill out a form online to receive a customized quote.

• HR tech integration: GoodHire has teamed up with leading HR tech companies to deliver integrated employment screening on your timeline. If your HR firm isn’t currently integrated with GoodHire, simply let them know.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team