toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I sent GoodHire our business certificate because we needed verification before we can start a background check, and they replied really quickly. Their customer service is really good. GoodHire is really convenient to use. I just upload the employees' information, then they send the employees an email for verification. After that, we can get the background check in nearly one week, and that's really quick for us. The result is really good, and that's why I chose their company. However, when I do the background check sometimes, and our employee resides in different states, they require me to pay more if I want to explore information in other states besides New York. I didn't choose that and I think they can improve on that. But other than that, GoodHire is really efficient and not too expensive.

We did background checks with GoodHire and it was easy. We've had no problems so far and everything’s been fine. They have good response and they always answer the phone and call me back. I would recommend them.

I found GoodHire on the Internet and the Army Corps made me get in and have it done. Utilizing it has been simple and interactions with their reps have been real smooth. It's been a good experience and I'd recommend GoodHire.

I found GoodHire online and it looked like it was going to be a little more friendly than the other provider I used. Actually, both have pluses and minuses. The last time I had quite a few calls with GoodHire about how things were going to go and everybody was super friendly, nice and helpful. But there were a few things that they couldn't help me with. Also, the system's missing a few steps and they need to try to simplify it. Collecting everybody's information was difficult and there needs to be a way for people to access the computer differently. In my business, a lot of people don't have emails so it's a pain in the butt to get everybody's file. o

They've got to give somebody permission to override it or have somebody where they authorize to override it. Other than that the upfront stuff is good.

I did an online research on different evaluations of different services, and GoodHire hit both the depth of background checks I needed and had a good pricing model, which is important since we have a small business. In fact, I had high expectations based on what I read and they met them. GoodHire's website is really easy to use. In addition, I telephoned the customer service team about what was included in their pricing and what wasn’t. Also, I didn’t have an understanding of how they went about doing their county background checks, and they were able to answer my questions fully. Part of their process, which is all automatic through their website is that they keep me informed of the progress of each individual background check along the way. So I know that they’re doing stuff, and I know what the delays are if there are any.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoodHire?

My husband told me about GoodHire which he uses and I took his word for it. I was very pleased with the customer service. I had a lot of questions at first while trying to set up things, and there was a technical glitch going on. My log in was logging into someone else’s account, but they fixed it and it wasn’t a long wait. I talked to a person and I really like it when I can talk to a person. The lady who I was working with helped me work out the glitches and told me about a service that I didn’t know about. It saved me a lot of money. I appreciated her letting me know about things that I could get discounts on instead of charging me full price because I was ignorant to those things. My experience utilizing GoodHire to run a background check was fast and thorough.

It was easy to input the information and I got the results quickly, and didn’t have any problems with GoodHire. When I first set things up, I had a question for the customer service so I sent an email and I got an email right back with a response. How the system operates matches my expectations. I would recommend them.

I did some searches looking for an easy way to do a thorough background check and saw advertising online for GoodHire. I had used 2 other providers before but didn't like either one of them because I felt I was getting spammed a lot from them and I that I was being sold on something. With GoodHire, I really appreciate that they haven't sent me a ton of marketing so far as I’m quite busy. I feel that their reputation has been positiv, relative to some of the other ones.

Utilizing GoodHire to run background checks has been easy-peasy because I submit the order online. However, it’s a little pricey since it’s $100 for each hire for just the basic so I can't have even more thorough background checks within my budget. But they are certainly good to have for some baseline peace of mind. Our company educates children and I want to have a good sense of security knowing that my teachers who I’m putting in front of them don’t have a criminal background. I’m gonna be placing some more orders soon because I have a number of new hires who are coming through. It’s nice that I’m not thinking about it too much and it’s something I have readily brought into my hiring process without it being intrusive. Other than the pricing, as long as they keep up the same way they’ve been going, not spamming me or having any major marketing emails and phone calls and the like, then I’m not planning on changing right now.

GoodHire was recommended to me by a co-worker. When I first contacted them to inquire about using their services, I was given very prompt service and I appreciated that. The interface on the website was really easy for me to use. It's also straightforward and user-friendly. And I liked how I could use the automatic send feature that I can just put in the employee's information and then trust that GoodHire would contact them and get the information that I needed.

We found GoodHire online, and find it far superior than our previous background check service provider. It comes back with hits and it's been accurate, and we appreciate that. It's very easy to use. In our application form, the applicant has to sign off on us doing a background check on them, and the security of them sending the email out to the future employee, making them certify that they can do a background check on them is a way of doing it that makes myself, as the employer, feel a lot more secure. It works pretty flawlessly, and I've never had an issue. I really appreciate it.

GoodHire advertises that Stanford has used them in the past so I figured they were pretty reputable and they were right across the street from our clinic. We utilized them to run a background check and it was very easy - much easier than I had expected. Everything's online. I just input the information and they give me the report within a day or so. They do a good job.

We used GoodHire to run a background check, and the experience was great. When I needed a report that I couldn't get off the website, they provided it. It's user-friendly too. I would recommend them.

I've already run three background checks through GoodHire and it's fine so far. But some of the people I'm dealing with are not in the good habit of using Cloud-based platforms. They certainly can't scan a document and upload it again so that's a stopping point for me. It's a legal document so I have to have a physical signature on the form. I don't know if we're ever gonna get to a point where there's an electronic signature with a log-in because if these two things would come together then that equals the person's unique identity and I can go ahead and run it based on that.

Also, as a hiring-based platform, there are certain jobs where we have to follow DOT laws. There's a lot of questions I have to ask but are nowhere in an application. In fact, there's really no application on GoodHire and it's only a name and an email address. It would be nice if there were some templates I could automatically employ to say how far I wanna dig initially. I get that we're able to customize it, but I have different questions for every job description. It would be nice that I wouldn't have to build every one of them as I go. For example, if I have drivers then this is what DOT requires. Because for drivers, I have to ask them every employer for the last 10 years, if they failed any drug test, and many more. Then for everyone else, I might ask only two or three questions.

If I'm hiring for sales, managers, or executives, they upload their resumes and they know what I'm looking for and what to put on there. But in my experience, the average entry-level worker don't have those things. Our laborers and entry-level positions are being left out and some information I would typically ask them are being left out. There's even nothing I can click to say give me three years of work history or the basic stuff. Still, I've only been using GoodHire for a few months and I may start learning some tricks of the trade. I know that I can copy one job and then change some things in it so that will be helpful moving forward whenever I get to fill some of the other entry-level positions as they come up and it will help me not have to reformulate questions.

We've used GoodHire a couple of times and it was very easy to understand. Their website was very clean and the portals are easy to use. It's easy to get employee authorization and the background check process was smooth. Customer service is good. They seem very responsive and they do follow ups. We can also speak to the same person when following up on a case. Overall, we're pretty happy with their services and we would use them again if we do a background check.

GoodHire was easy to use, quick and efficient. The instructions were very detailed. They sent follow-up emails making sure that I have what I needed and they assigned an account manager for me to call directly if I needed anything. I would use them again for sure.

We were hiring a couple of employees last month and I wanted to figure out a way to do background checks. GoodHire popped up online and they looked easy to work with. They also had a good pricing. Indeed, using them has been really simple, easy, and self-explanatory. With a few clicks, it ran itself. When we paid for drug screening for one of our candidates but the candidate never went to, I contacted GoodHire and they reassured us that we're not gonna get charged and we can use that with the next one. We'll probably use GoodHire again.

We worked with PeopleSmart and it was not working for some of our requirements. When I called PeopleSmart and explained what I was trying to do, background check-wise, for our compliance issues, they said I was with the wrong company and GoodHire is the company to go with. So I said, "Okay," and we got GoodHire. We only hire a couple of people a year so we do a la carte as needed. I go online and enter the information that I have of the person after they accept the offer, pending the background check, and then they go online and fill out whatever. Everything is usually completed within 24 hours although occasionally it could take 72 hours when there are some additional things that go on. GoodHire is a very convenient feature and it works for us. We’re a very small company and it does what it needs to do for us. I’d recommend them if somebody asks me.

I've had very good experiences with GoodHire. It was easy to set it up and the background check was done very quickly and efficiently. Everything's been excellent. I would recommend Goodhire to other people.

Everything's been great with GoodHire, so far. Their system is really easy and convenient to use. I've implemented their consent form into our HR documents when we have a new hire, too, and it's been really easy. I haven't had any problems.

GoodHire is fast, easy, and reliable. A member of my team read a bunch of reviews about them and we decided to test them out. I tested them along with another system with running checks on myself. The GoodHire background check process gives you a step-by-step of how things are going to go. I first read about the different reports and determined which report was going to meet my needs. We did a basic background check and sex offender check and then added in motor vehicle records check.

We’re able to put the candidates’ information in and it would email the candidate and ask for the specific details of their social security number, address, driver’s license, all of that. I didn’t have to come in contact with that information. We have it in our HR department. After I initiated the report and the candidate consented and filled in their information, GoodHire took over, ran the report and sent me progress emails along the way.

In one case I had an individual that I needed to dig in a little bit further and that only took a day or two when I requested additional information through GoodHire. So they did all the dirty work and the heavy lifting and it just made it really easy for me to be transparent with my staff and also to get it done quickly. Another thing is, once a report comes back, you have the option of sharing the report with the candidate. That was really a nice feature so that we can have that transparency with our team of, “Hey, here’s what we ran. Here’s what came back just so you know. And everything’s good to go.” So they know what’s on their record and we do as well.

There was one little hiccup. When I was setting up our company in GoodHire and it was not clear where I should indicate if we were going to do credit checks or not. It was getting held up because we had to have an on-site credit investigation, just to make sure that we were able to safely secure credit information. And that was not something we needed to do. So it got stuck for a little bit and I called twice. But the staff was very helpful at GoodHire and they were able to resolve the issue quickly and refunded our money. It was a little awkward because I was thinking things were going and it was stuck in the one spot.

We used GoodHire to run background checks for us and it's been a really positive experience. Their price was reasonable and it's easy to submit the candidate to them and put in the information. The background checks come back really fast. I’ve had a really good experience with customer service. When we submitted somebody to input their data and they didn't do it, we got a refund for that.

We chose GoodHire because I thought the interface was better. It was a bit more cohesive for what we were looking for and very easy to use. Every bit of information we needed was available to us. At first, we were working out some speed bumps where we did not have the right authorization form. So, we had GoodHire send it directly to the employee or the potential hire as well. Their process is easy, efficient, and reliable.

GoodHire seemed to have the lowest entry point in terms of ease of use and understanding. They explained their offerings very well and it was very easy from a self-service standpoint to use their offerings. They've been very responsive and met their time frames. The reports looked complete and to this point, I have not found any missing information or mistakes in what has been provided.

Apart from the initial sale cycle to understand the process, how to request service, and what I needed to request to meet my requirements, and after getting those questions answered, I have not needed to call their Customer Service, so it's really been a self-service process. I would recommend them but it would depend on the organization that's needing the service. I would recommend them to a smaller organization that doesn't have a huge HR staff. But with a larger organization, they may be more difficult to use because they're very focused on self-service and a larger organization may need other things.

GoodHire is very easy to use. Their reports are pretty clear and easy to read. I had one incident where it stopped in the middle of the report and tried to cancel it. When I went back in, it was not showing that the report had been started so I started it again. I finished the second one, and both of them were showing up. So I called customer service and they were able to remove it. It was pretty seamless. We're pretty happy with GoodHire.

GoodHire Company Profile