toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

So far, my experience with GoodHire has been good. I was not here in the company yet when GoodHire was established. When I came on board, I was the very first hire that went through GoodHire once it was implemented. It's really great, quick and easy to use to run background checks. I haven't had any issues. When I send it out to new hires, they don't have many questions about it. So, it's very plain and simple. I really like it. GoodHire's customer service representatives have helped me in any way that they can. They've been very friendly and attentive. In fact, I called earlier today in regards to getting a hold of our account manager. I wanted to get pricing on increasing our balance or credit, and everything has been well. They've always given me the information that I needed.

My boss told me he wanted to do background checks so I researched a few and GoodHire looked the best. It was a good experience. I liked how simple it was. Running a background check was very easy to do and I didn’t have any trouble.

Using GoodHire has been great so far. It's really quick. Their customer service representatives are really friendly and are quickly able to answer all of my questions. When all of my information is inputted correctly and the potential employee doesn't have anything strange on their record, I can get the background check done in under six hours.

Sometimes, there are problems and it's not on the end of GoodHire. These problems happen to be either the records are old or that the agency they need to get the records from only has a paper system, so they have to request that type of thing and then it takes a little bit longer. But they send emails and they let you know what the holdup is. If there are any hiccups, they're always fast to answer the phone and fix it.

GoodHire's website looked good and the procedure seemed very straightforward. We called them a couple of times and their reps were polite and helpful. Overall, it's been a very good experience and we are happy.

GoodHire is fantastic. It's simple to run a background check, and the candidate experience is great. The system is slick and it's good to use. So, we really appreciate that. I would recommend GoodHire.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoodHire?

I had a good experience with GoodHire. Our company use it for our clients and it's convenient to run a background check. It's very easy to process and read a report. I did the ongoing alert and it's ready the next day after I request it. GoodHire is very easy to use so far. So, I’m really happy with their website.

We used to have an HR Manager who used GoodHire at a previous employer and was super impressed with it. The process has now been transitioned to me and this is something new that we've implemented in the company. Because of our size, we're looking for those key individuals who could help progress the company and GoodHire has been a good tool to use. It's been effective, fast, and accurate. If we receive negative reports for any individual, it's been really clear on the next steps to use. We took advantage of their discount and prepaid for a bunch of reports that we would be filing, so we've put $1,000 towards it and every report that we run, about $55. We just enter the individual's first name, last name, email address, and it's done. It's super easy from an administrative standpoint.

From there, they send an email out to the individual who then types in their social and then the report runs. We can also modify the system to have the report look deeper into that individual, but we only need to scratch the surface to find out if there's any misdemeanors or felonies that are present in the future employee's file so we can make an appropriate decision. We had one experience where we got a negative report saying this person had a few misdemeanors and felonies and we didn't know how to proceed. I looked into GoodHire for some support and they provided everything. It was great. The GoodHire team has been fantastic. We had a payment questioned too, so I called in, and it was resolved in less than two minutes. GoodHire is a really effective tool for our continued operations as a company.

GoodHire is pretty easy to use. I just put in the name and the company email. I've only used it a few times, and everything's been fine.

My experience with GoodHire has been good, easy and accurate, and their customer service is outstanding. When I started with the company, my boss was already using GoodHire. It’s very easy to use it to run a background check. I log in, I'm able to set up whatever credit card I want to use for a payment. It has three main kinds of buckets on what type of background check one wants to do. We usually do the more expensive one, which has a more intense detail. When we click on it, it asks for the person’s full name. In their email address, it’ll say, “Will they be filling it out or will the company?” Then I click on "I want the potential employee to fill it out." Then I CC myself on it because there is an option for it. We can also change the email to a generic one that says, “Please fill this out.”

We could customize it, which I like if needed. It keeps me updated, it tells me when it’s been sent out, and it tells me when they started filling it out. It’ll email me when there are exceptions and the reason why, and if the dates, names, school or employer didn’t match. If I wanted to check on two employers, I could just add additional items for an additional fee. So, it's like ala carte after a person runs it, which is nice.

The customer service people at GoodHire are very friendly and they quickly resolve things on the phone. When I’ve called them, their customer service is really good. In fact, recently I had somebody aware of their employment verification, and we were having issues and the GoodHire rep said, “I’m gonna look into it and I’ll call you back.” She called me back within an hour, which I definitely appreciate. In general, GoodHire is definitely an easy website to maneuver, and I like that I could add ala carte items if need be.

When I was hired, the company was using GoodHire. It's not complicated at all and I like it. It's effective and I have no complaints.

To run a background check with GoodHire, we sign in and put in the person's information. Then the software sends the person an email and once the person responds, the background check is run and then we get a confirmation on the website. It's straightforward and gives good instruction. But when I knew that my co-worker who has been here three years was leaving, I talked with the gentleman from GoodHire and asked him if I could put my name in and email address as login details and he took all my information and we set everything up.

But the first time I tried to use it using my login details, it did not give us the discounted rate. I had to go back and use my co-worker's email to log in. It was fine but he could have said that when we put a new name on there we'll be getting charged full price. Or it may have been a glitch and he didn't mean for it to be that way, but that's how it came up. But I think it’s a great service.

Resolution In Progress

GoodHire

We are so sorry that your most recent background check was unexpectedly delayed. It appears the check required a manual review which, in this particular case, unfortunately caused the delay. While this is not typical of our turnaround performance, even when manual reviews are involved, we recognize the difficulties it can cause to your business and deadlines. To that, we’ve credited your account so that your next Basic check is free. We’ll also follow up with you directly to see how we can serve you better in the future.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

The first couple of times that I utilized GoodHire, it was fine. It took maybe 24 to 48 hours but the last one that I did took over a week. They said they were waiting on information from the court. Last time, I had to make two phone calls to try to figure it out and just kept getting the same answer. Nevertheless, it's usually an easy process and their customer service is friendly whenever I call them.

When I came into the company, they were already using GoodHire. I just started using it and it's really easy. We just input the information and we get the results right away. We didn't have any problems at all. Overall, it has been an excellent experience.

We got a recommendation from an HR consultant for GoodHire and I'm satisfied with it. Utilizing it to run a background check is really easy. I've had to call customer service a few times and they’re super friendly and knowledgeable. I wish that I could download the reports en masse though, and I didn’t have to do each one individually. There’s some functionality that’s missing, but other than that, it’s a good product.

I started with GoodHire in the beginning of December and I’ve only used it once or twice so far. It's very user-friendly and asks simple information, and we enter it, and then we wait for a response. It just took a few days to get back. Sometimes quicker, sometimes not as quick depending on where it’s going.

My husband found Good Hire for me. He looked into it and he thought it was good. It was a really easy experience, we just filled up the info online. And my interaction with customer service was pretty smooth.

We heard through the grapevine that GoodHire is a reputable company, and overall, they are. We've been using them for two years now and I don't think anyone would ever have any problems taking them on. Once we're on the website, it's very easy and simple to run a background check. They do a very thorough job with it. It's just a matter of faxing them the information, and usually within an hour or two, we get the response back. So, it's very quick and efficient. The system operates excellently. They've always been there to help us but we've also had very little issues with the company. They usually take care of our concern within minutes. We're building another school soon, and we'll probably have to utilize their service again.

I'm the business manager of our company, and we use GoodHire for background checks. It's quick, easy, and convenient to use.

I was just hired and I've used GoodHire for the first time. But it's pretty simple and easy. I was shown how to use it once or twice, and then got it from there. Also, we get the results fairly quick.

I did some comparison shopping on the web and GoodHire gave us the best rate and what we needed. When we have a new employee, we send out a background check form prior to coming in to our face-to-face interview. They need to read it and bring the signed consent form in with them to an interview. If we're deciding whether we're going to hire them or not, or if they're on the list to be hired, we go in and request the background check. I have the consent forms all on file and it's sent to them to complete. Moreover, GoodHire's customer service is great. I can send a quick chat if I have questions, an email needs to be changed, or the client gave us the wrong email or they didn't receive them. I can go in and do whatever I need to do right online. It's very quick. I'd recommend GoodHire.

I had a very good experience with GoodHire. I spoke with the original person and she set me all up. Then she told me what to do as far as when I go to enter each employee. It was simple. Everything that we asked for was on there. We just thought maybe it would have been a little bit more detailed but most of our employees didn't have anything going on. So, it's the reason why it wasn't detailed and it only went back seven years. If anybody had anything prior to that then it wouldn't have showed up anyway. That was my first time of ever doing background check. I know I had to enter each employee separately, which was a lot of time. But otherwise, it's fine. I would recommend them.

I filled out one of the questionnaires online and they referred me to GoodHire. Their customer service reps were helpful, and I was satisfied with my experience every time I used them.

GoodHire is user-friendly, easy to use and you only need one form to upload for their authorization, which is a good thing. Employees would come in prior to starting for us, they fill out a GoodHire authorization form. And then from there, we go into the GoodHire system, typing as much required information as we can. And then we upload the authorization form, and then it has an option to select what kind of background check you want to run -- they have three different options. We run the basic which is just social security check, name check and we do the criminal background check. Also, their staff is excellent and the turnaround time was exceptional. I called once because it appears that there was a couple of accounts that we had even though the account was closed. Since it was our account, we needed the information from the background check that was from that account and they faxed it over to us.

GoodHire was already in our company prior to me working here as my boss was using it. I've only used it twice, but I found it easy to use and very user-friendly. The instructions were enough, I don't remember having issues and I did not get frustrated. The system operates to the expectation set by the company. I was getting information back quickly. An excellent experience.

I started a company for the first time and needed a background check service provider. We went with GoodHire because of their overall process online. Their website looked more up-to-date than their competitors and they looked like a newer and better company. They had somebody come over to verify if we were a real company and it was effortless on our side. They have a very straightforward system and a very convenient service. Overall, it's been an excellent experience.

When I started with my company, GoodHire was the background check service that was being used. It's a lot easier and everything has gone well. Their customer service is great, but our only problem is that there are no local drug testing places so we have to travel over 30 miles for it.

My boss is in real estate and he's building up a firm in Houston-Dallas so he's bringing on a lot of employees. I'm a part of the onboarding process for him so I was told to use GoodHire as soon as I came on-board. It's very, very easy to use and very simple but for some reasons I didn't know that I can add the credit check with the very first purchase. I was getting the background check and then I was having to go back and add the 14 99 credit check separately. Later, I looked and saw off to the left bottom that I can add things but it wasn't jumping out at me so it took me 3-4 of them before I realize I can do all at the same time.

Another thing I ran into was when I was doing checks over the 2-week holiday, credit checks were getting held up so I called and found out it was because a lot of the colleges and high schools are closed for that two week period. We were only really interested in backgrounds, credit concern and criminal. We added the school background just to get it but it wasn't a deal. I realized we didn't need that information so bad or it didn't make much of a difference for us so I was wondering if there was a way we can say what's the least important. There must be a way that wouldn't be a deal breaker such that if there's anything in the report that causes us to have to stop the process, or if something is holding up the background check that happens to be something the company is not really looking at very detailed then, or if that takes more than five days to find the information, then I'll move on and do the next stuff.

Moreover, my boss was targeting to do about 100 hires and I found out when we got to about the 10th that we could buy a package. There must be a way to make that be very apparent as soon as someone is starting with their first background check. There could be a pop-up box that says in case someone is planning to do more than 20 or 10 or 5 a month, then there are packages. We couldn't go retroactively back and get credits for the 10 that we had already done. We know it's our fault but I stumbled on that as I went along as opposed to being made aware of it immediately. My boss might have already got a package from them. But anyway, I pushed him and said that since he's gonna do 80 more hires then he needs to buy a package and it doesn't make any sense not to.

Finally, besides easy to understand user interface, GoodHire also has great customer service. Someone in customer service knew exactly what I was talking about and I never spent more than five minutes with them. They had the issues resolved and had the answers for me very quickly. So, if I ever get into the position of hiring in my new company, I'll definitely suggest we use GoodHire.

As a recruiter, the process of running a background check with GoodHire is really easy because all I have to do is provide contact information details and it automatically reaches out to the person that we're having verified and they fill in all the details. This part is a little bit of a hit or a miss because sometimes, if the dates are wrong, even by a day, it automatically shows up as a red flag on the verification. So, the challenge is to make sure that the recruited people fill in the actual dates because if they need to rerun the entire verification process, I have to do the whole thing again and pay for it.

I wish they had an alternate for this part as I've had this issue with at least three people. If they had some parts that's been reached, make sure that the person that was getting verified actually had to look into their pay stubs. I'm sure that the person would look at the date and not make that mistake. But other than that, I think they are great. If I reach out and have a problem, I want a solution or at least, some one-time information on what's happening and they are very good with that. They are very quick to solve problems and return my phone calls. They're on top of things and it's been a positive experience with them.

GoodHire gets the job done and it's fairly simple. You just follow the steps and it's fine. It does what it says, so it's meeting my expectation.

Our company had to use GoodHire because of one of our employers. It's quick and easy to use, and it's been a good experience overall.

GoodHire Company Profile