4.50/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

GoodHire provides FCRA-compliant employment background checks and screening solutions for businesses and organizations of all sizes. Featuring easy-to-use workflows, built-in compliance tools, and a mobile-friendly candidate experience, GoodHire speeds and simplifies the background check process to help you screen and hire candidates faster.

GoodHire Reviews

Original review: March 30, 2019

Using GoodHire, I like that the applicant gets the information right away as soon as it is sent. That's seamless. And then they fill out their portion, and that starts the process. So, all I'm really doing is putting in their first name, last name and their email address, and then the applicants complete the rest of it. I had one instance though where one of the applicants said that the information that was found wasn't hers, and there was a discrepancy. It was something severe that we wouldn't have hired her. GoodHire really helped us walk through the steps and confirmed that the applicant would have to file paperwork, and they directed her back to them. She had to prove to them in order for it to go through or make any changes, which she wasn't able to. So, we ended up not hiring her. It was nice that it took us out of that process of it. I liked that part of it.

GoodHire is very quick to respond with any issues I've had. When I started, I asked for some additional training since I was new, and I got that quickly. My representative is pretty easily to ask questions. There was one time she was out of the office, but I just called the help desk and they were readily available to help me. I didn't have any problem getting the answer I needed within the same day.

Get expert buying tips about Employment Screening Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

We are a staffing agency and so, we have a lot of background checks that we do every month. We were unhappy with our current background service so, we did some research and GoodHire is the one that came up. It's better than what we used to have. It's much, much faster, much more user-friendly, and all around much better. I like that when there is an alert that happens, we're able to clear that and make sure it's okay. We're also able to request comments about the alert from our candidates specifically. That makes it extremely easy, as in all in one place and consolidated.

The return time is just phenomenal on what we've had so far. We haven't really had any issues and I like that it tells us exactly how much each background check is going to cost and that we're able to create packages for each individual client that we need. Also, our controller set up our account and she said it was super simple and very quick. And I've had to use the live chat a few times. Everyone has been very quick at response time. When they have to step away to check something, they're very good about letting me know they're gonna be away for two to three minutes and they're never gone for very long. Someone is always very quick to jump on and I don't have to wait for very long to connect with somebody. It has been a really easy experience so far and it seems very affordable. A lot of the services we have ordered has been cheaper than our past background company. We're very satisfied.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

The customer service at GoodHire is a lot better than the other background check service providers we've had before. I appreciate their quick response time and the friendliness of everybody that has helped me. That was a huge plus. I have to go via phone tree with a lot of the other companies, or they’re not able to get me an answer right away versus GoodHire where they seem to be able to make things work quickly.

We had been working in the beginning with somebody named Dan, and he was knowledgeable. He didn't insult our intelligence because we have done this before with background check companies. I pretty much came to the table already knowing what my questions and concerns were gonna be as far as processing. He took away the base part that he maybe would normally do with another company. We cut to the chase, so that was nice. He wasn’t pushy at all on us. He wanted to make sure that we felt comfortable and had time to think about it. And then we moved on to a dedicated customer service rep named Tracy, who’s been phenomenal. Anything that we needed, she made it happened. She is responsive to emails and has jumped on calls with us to troubleshoot early on.

The only sticky situation we got into was the transitioning in between Dan and Tracy where there probably could have been an improvement in communication. There were some things lacking from our reports that we did, and some things that were suggested after the fact when we were to go start processing reports. They’ve spun something new on us and it delayed our reporting, and packages weren’t put together correctly. But I could not say it is one person’s fault. That just seemed like a lot of things were lost in translation between the passing.

But other than that, utilizing GoodHire is simple and straightforward. They were able to put together a package for us so I do not have to guess what I need to get done. It’s all put together for me already. The processing time is quick. I did not feel like I got a bad experience my first couple of times using it. Sometimes our clients are really demanding and want to know updates as we get them or updates in real time about different subsections on reports. It is nice that we are able to see that with GoodHire. With the return time on the reports, it met our expectations and what we were expecting. We have only got to use GoodHire twice now, and I can say that it’s been a really great experience so far. I now have very high expectations of them because of the quality of service they have already given to us, and I feel like that’s the standard they have set. So I hope that we can continue to see that level of service here in 2019.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

GoodHire was advertised as an integrated product through BambooHR and it is still new to us, so we are still exploring it. But so far, we've had a good experience. They've definitely returned the results much quicker than the previous background check company we had and the integration with BambooHR is a bonus. It also sounds like it is gonna continue to improve. We were happy with our previous company, but so far, we've had great service with GoodHire. I find it very user-friendly and it is clear where you hit the first button to run the background check. There are a couple different steps than with our previous company that add a couple things for an applicant putting in their information. Putting in the location where you are from can be confusing for some applicants, which is a feature that we did not have with our previous background check company. But overall, GoodHire is straightforward and it meets our expectations.

The customer service team at GoodHire is very friendly and knowledgeable, and they are quick to provide service. I don't need to wait a long time on hold and they have resolved my problems quickly. GoodHire is affordable and they have the easy-to-use option that has a strong customer service and seems to be evolving and growing, so we'll definitely recommend checking out the company. It is saving us a bit of money as well compared to our previous provider.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I went on Google and started searching for background check companies. We’re a tech company, and the way that GoodHire provides service falls in line with the way that we provide on-demand services. Things come back quickly and the site was intuitive, which were the key things. The old company that I worked for would take a while, and when we would order background checks, we had to collect personal information directly from the transferee in order to put it into the system and then submit it. I love that with GoodHire, the person requesting it doesn’t need their personal information. All they need is their name and email address, and the employee enters everything on their own. It protects personal information, so there are no worries about your Social Security number being in a spreadsheet or being provided in an unsecure method.

I get reports the same day sometimes as long as our employee fills out the information quickly, but from the time they put it in, it comes back quickly. I also like that it’s all secured in one location. So, I can go in and view reports as needed. The information is also hidden because we don’t always need to see everything. The reps have all been really helpful. I’ve had to reach out a couple of times and I usually use the live chat, and they’ve been able to assist me and then call me if there is additional information needed that they can't provide through chat. I’m part of a start-up group and when people ask, I say that I like GoodHire.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoodHire?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I'm a candidate who had a terrible candidate experience using GoodHire. 1 - I provided an email address to verify my employment. Instead, they did not email this alias and closed my check with a flag on my employment history! This could have jeopardized my entire job! When the HR person at my future company emailed me to inquire, I told her to just email the address I provided. She then said she would do so and asked me to re-open a whole new check. Which brings me to 2 - the loading of the GoodHire page is extremely cumbersome. It took two support tickets and one of the suggestions was a 14 step process that involved only loading it on a desktop, on chrome, after clearing all cookies, caches, browsing, and download history for all time — on an older laptop that takes quite a long time! Easily spent 40 mins before even getting to their site. Poor candidate experience and inaccurate, incomplete results.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

(1) Goodhire is easy to integrate with systems and they work really fast, but experience shows that once they have released a report, correcting inaccuracies is difficult if not impossible.

(2) In a recent case a candidate was submitted. Education information was reported as "unable to be verified" yet one call to the candidate's school provided a quick turn around of the missing facts (start date, graduation date and even an emailed unofficial transcript).

(3) In the same case (above) the candidate's employment information could not be verified. I'm still not clear what happened here, and this investigation is ongoing, though I was able to verify employment by the candidate's W2 forms for three (3) years.

(4) In a recent case, Goodhire reported that a candidate was listed on the sex offender registry in two states. The convictions were 20+ years old from when the candidate was a teenager, and though California law prohibits the use of this information for purposes of employment it was reported nonetheless. But digging in further, the candidate was also registered in another state (Tennessee), which Goodhire failed to report. Further, Goodhire didn't report that what they make to look like multiple convictions was actually multiple instances of complying with the registration laws over the last two decades.

In summary, use HireRight or one of the other reputable background check companies that do their diligence before releasing reports. I wouldn't recommend GoodHire for this critical function. I've only written this after being told how great these reviews are and after having spent a week trying to resolve issues.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I found GoodHire when I was working at another company. When utilizing GoodHire to run a background check, the process is pretty intuitive. Some of the counties take a long time to get back, but I think that's a jurisdiction level and maybe not a GoodHire problem.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I previously used IntelliCorp as a background check service provider and GoodHire is better. It is easier to use and has better and clearer pricing too. I like them more. The best part is it seems a little bit more flexible as far as just dealing with an actual customer service person to set it up so it’ll work the way we need it for.

Original review: July 30, 2019

Using GoodHire to run a background check seems to be easy. I like that it allows the candidate to kinda do it like they're in charge of their own. I just basically send their email then they have to do it. I put the ball on their court. The system is great. The lady that helped me get set up was super nice, helpful and friendly.

GoodHire expert review by ConsumerAffairs

GoodHire is a US based employment screening company with services for businesses and individuals in industries across the board. Their customized services help employers make educated hiring decisions while protecting the privacy and secure information of candidates. Candidates are always treated respectfully, and their background checks are administered efficiently.

• Customizable: Employers have the option to choose from one of several predefined screening packages, or they can create their own customized background check. You can adjust your screening process as your business and its needs change.

• TrueMe for job candidates: Job candidates can stay a step ahead of potential employers by completing their own TrueMe background checks with GoodHire. Once your background check is complete, you will be sent a secure URL that can be posted directly on your resume, applications, social media profiles and/or job boards. GoodHire ensures that only verified employers can request access to your link, and you have the final say in granting access, keeping your information secure.

• Challenge errors: TrueMe reports allow individuals to add comments for previous behavior. They also have built-in tools that allow individuals to fix mistakes before they head to an interview and have an employer run a background check.

• Up-front pricing: Pricing  for pay-per-check is upfront and available on their website, making it easy for employers to decide which packages and options to choose based on their cost. View sample results for every package so you know what to expect. For high volume and customized needs, simply fill out a form online to receive a customized quote.

• HR tech integration: GoodHire has teamed up with leading HR tech companies to deliver integrated employment screening on your timeline. If your HR firm isn’t currently integrated with GoodHire, simply let them know.

• Best for: GoodHire is best for businesses and individuals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs