Call toll free
4.57/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

GoodHire is an employment background check that is built for trust and safety in the workplace. No matter what kind of business you are, when it comes to hiring a staff, you want to make sure you are hiring quality personnel. With GoodHire, you can rest assured that the results you receive will not only be accurate but secure as well. From personal background checks to employment background checks, GoodHire will help you find the best people for the job. Contact us today to learn more.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

490 GoodHire Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

We did a Google search and went through a bunch of background check companies, and GoodHire was one of them that we talked to. We reached out for information and everything was good. We can't utilize any of the services yet. Maybe we will do stuff at the start of next year.

Get expert buying tips about Employment Screening Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

We did background checks through the state. We would just send a consent form in, and then the state would take care of everything else. With GoodHire, we have to get a consent from the person who we’re doing the background check on, and we also have to get their pertinent information. It’s a fairly simple process. The customer service team at GoodHire walked me through how to get the process done. They were very knowledgeable.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

GoodHire is cheap and easy to use. Running a background check with them is very straightforward. It’s a transactional process from a purchasing and run perspective. We also do financial background checks, and it all runs smoothly. How the system operates is equivalent to what they bill it to be. The only drawback I see is that you have to actually either pre-buy a bunch of credits or buy every report every single time you want a report. Other than that, the chat and when you’re calling in directly are good and responsive. There’s typically an extra day of delay on emailing.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

We were looking up online for a good place to do basic background checks and drug screens, and to run through driving records for our company. GoodHire seemed to have reasonable prices. They also were very accommodating when we were speaking with them and they kinda helped us with what we needed, so we ended up going with them. It’s super easy and user-friendly to utilize GoodHire. You just plug in the name and email address, and a link will be sent to the person for him to fill in all of his information. We already have the account set up with that we’re looking for and we can edit it as well so it’s pretty easy. And if we ever wanna change anything, it’s easily adaptable.

Everybody from their customer service team has been super helpful too. We’ve had to call a couple of times to change things and ask questions about drug screens, and if they couldn't answer it, they'd get me through the person who could or I would receive an email with the answers I was looking for. With GoodHire's user-friendliness and our good customer service experience, I would recommend them for what we’ve been using them for.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

We heard about GoodHire through the human resource information system we use, which is BambooHR. Initially, we had some hiccups and there were some glitches with the integration from BambooHR, but the issue was resolved. We've also had glitches here and there but the company has been very responsive at resolving them. We haven’t had any issues as of the last six months, so we're satisfied. Everything has been good and the issues are fixed when they present themselves. Billing is great too. We’ve never had a misbill. Overall, GoodHire is definitely a positive vendor that we’ve worked with.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoodHire?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I have been working with GoodHire for two months. Using them to run background checks has been fine, but then I found out that they don’t do civil checks. We hired someone with a bunch of civil lawsuits against former employers and that was never caught. Other than that, everything else has been working. Their customer service team has been easy to get a hold of. I've asked a few questions and the rep was able to answer them. We’re gonna continue using GoodHire.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

GoodHire's customer service is more communicative and they are easier to get ahold of. They always responded very quickly, and any time I’ve ever had any issues, they followed up fairly fast. Their website is easier to use too. Using GoodHire to run a background check is very easy and simple. The turnaround time of the results is very fast sometimes but sometimes, it’s also very slow. But it’s not as much as GoodHire as it is county reports.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

The integration that GoodHire had with Bamboo was nice. GoodHire was ran through Bamboo. We pressed two buttons, and it worked. The billing was a little confusing, but the service itself was fine and the turnaround time was okay. The customer service was pretty much reading out a script, and since it was one step beyond straightforward, they couldn't figure it out. It was a couple days to get resolved. But I was satisfied when we were using GoodHire. We got acquired in August, so we don't utilize them anymore.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I was using another background check company before and they were a smaller company but, unfortunately, they went under. I looked for a new one that was a little bit more mainstream and faster with the process. So, our company has been using GoodHire for almost a year now and my experience with them has been great. I’ve been very satisfied with the background check process for me and employee potential. I’ve also been really satisfied with the response time if I’ve had any questions or issues. The customer service on the checking on if an employee-candidate doesn’t fill it out, checking in if they should resend or if not, as well as the refund have been great. I would recommend GoodHire.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

We had a manager who looked up on the internet a background check company for employers and he found GoodHire. We have been using them ever since and the longest that I had to wait was two days at most for a background check to come through. Usually, it’s the same day and within a few hours. It has been great and helpful in giving us accurate information regarding our new hires. It was very easy to use and to figure out the first time that I used it. The website was very simple and has an easy interface to learn. It has been a great experience using GoodHire and I would recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I called Emerge program before and I prefer GoodHire because the result is more seamless and effective. Using GoodHire is also easy. All I have to do in my end, most of the time, is put the employee’s first name and last name, and then their email, and then the employee is given the freedom to go in and give consent while filling the application. Once they do that, the result is faster.

If they signed the consent form, most of time, it only takes around 30 minutes or less than that. Sometimes like with the social and criminal background the result comes right away. Sometimes the driver’s license record takes a while. When I make errors and the customer service team are able to resolve it once I called to give the correct information. So they’re normally very quick in responding and making corrections for the mistake that I made. I recommend GoodHire to anybody.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

We had to get some background checks done and we were referred to GoodHire by a customer that we were doing work for. I worked with someone over the phone during the signup process, and she was really helpful. She walked me through the entire process of getting enrolled online. She also helped me specifically build a report package of what we needed so that every time I would go in to pull a report, it would pull the same criteria. So, that made it really easy for me.

A few months ago, my co-worker had to go back in and use it. So I was able to pull my emails and open it up. For the most part, we were able to remember how to do it, and we were able to successfully pull reports for the second time so it was really good. I would refer to use GoodHire for hiring purposes or background checks.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I use GoodHire for a bunch of different clients for HR. It's what the clients have set up and their system is pretty thorough and efficient. Also, the results come back quickly and the system does well. I've also interacted with GoodHire's reps for a few times about troubleshooting on where to locate certain things on their website. Overall, my experience has been good.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I went on Google and started searching for background check companies. We’re a tech company, and the way that GoodHire provides service falls in line with the way that we provide on-demand services. Things come back quickly and the site was intuitive, which were the key things. The old company that I worked for would take a while, and when we would order background checks, we had to collect personal information directly from the transferee in order to put it into the system and then submit it. I love that with GoodHire, the person requesting it doesn’t need their personal information. All they need is their name and email address, and the employee enters everything on their own. It protects personal information, so there are no worries about your Social Security number being in a spreadsheet or being provided in an unsecure method.

I get reports the same day sometimes as long as our employee fills out the information quickly, but from the time they put it in, it comes back quickly. I also like that it’s all secured in one location. So, I can go in and view reports as needed. The information is also hidden because we don’t always need to see everything. The reps have all been really helpful. I’ve had to reach out a couple of times and I usually use the live chat, and they’ve been able to assist me and then call me if there is additional information needed that they can't provide through chat. I’m part of a start-up group and when people ask, I say that I like GoodHire.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

GoodHire does a background check and gives it to us. Although the turnaround time is a little slow, it is very simple to use and it meets our expectations. They’re doing a good job which we’re paying them to do.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

GoodHire is a good company to go with for background check. They were the first company we called, and their guy called me back. We had a good conversation, and we went with him. He helped us through the whole procedure and through the whole way, and everything was good. Running a background check with GoodHire has been very easy.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

GoodHire is a really good company and I had a great experience with them. Everybody was helpful. I also like their system. It is accurate and convenient to use. It is very user-friendly, too, and the most basic person can use it. Once you figure out how to use it, it's not hard at all. Their background check is professional and fast as well.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

GoodHire is easy to use and is cost-efficient. I do everything by myself on the website so it works fluidly. I type all the information and then I get the results in no more than five minutes. Their customer service has also been very helpful and I've had no problems whenever I call them.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

GoodHire seemed extremely convenient and their pricing wasn’t extremely high. It was something new that we had never dealt with before, so we wanted something that was gonna be easy to navigate and GoodHire has been very easy for us. Running a background check is pretty simple. It’s step by step and we know what we need to do. We submitted a few ones initially and they came back extremely quick, which was nice. If we go directly to the police station here, it takes forever. But with GoodHire, it’s very simple and we don’t have to wait an extremely long time.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I would recommend GoodHire. Their background check is efficient, simple to use, and accurate. I also get reports back very promptly.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

When we read about GoodHire online, we figured we'd try them to see what happens. We have had services before them and GoodHire is much better. They are more prompt, professional, courteous and more accurate.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

This disgusting company ran a horribly erroneous and straight up false background check based on a bogus employer that I never applied to, or even authorized to run a background check at all. The fraud and libel involved in this transaction is beyond words, as is the fraud who requested that it be run in the first place. I am both a licensed nurse and an elected member of law enforcement, yet this stinking POS company delivers a report that says I have a violent criminal history. Wait to hear from my lawyer.

GoodHire response

At GoodHire, compliance and consumer transparency are a priority. Our legal team has confirmed that a valid consent form is on file for the procurement of your consumer report by the end-user (employer). As a consumer, you have the right to use the FCRA dispute process to address alleged inaccuracies in your report, which you have already done. We have reached out to you directly to better understand your concerns, and we are committed to continue working with you to ensure all issues are resolved.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

We work for a wealth management company so we’re looking for specific information to verify that there’s nothing amidst in people’s history that would prevent us from being good stewards of people’s money. We've been using GoodHire, and it works fine and seems to meet our expectation.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Our boss who is the owner was using GoodHire previously then he asked me to do it when he needed somebody to start running those. Using it is easy. We get an employee that we wanna hire, then we let them know that we’re gonna do a background check. Depending on the specifications on them, we don't need much if it's for an admin but if it’s a technician, we need a lot of the drug testing in case something goes wrong. It’s very user-friendly which I really like. It works and it’s perfect. It’s a good fit. We had interacted with Bree before from their customer service and she was excellent. Any questions I had, she would be right on it and answer my emails immediately. We can get the results from GoodHire in a reasonable amount of time. If somebody fills it out, the results are quick, but it takes a little longer depending on the person answering the questions and the candidate.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I've used a different background check service provider before which was a mom-and-pop so it was a bit more expensive. To save on cost, I decided to go with GoodHire. I just click a couple of boxes and input a name and an email address. I already have packages selected that I’ve talked to them about that I would commonly use, so I just click the package. There are some things that I don’t really know as far as addition or extras that I could add on. Other than that, it’s easy to use.

At the beginning, their reps would just reach out a lot and I felt like I got emailed by a lot of different people, and it turned me off from the service. If I need something, I’d rather reach out to them and ask. I didn’t use the service at first and I stopped getting contacted by people. But then, GoodHire charge my card whenever I have a bill due which was unclear. I got an invoice that said it needed to be paid but I thought I had settled that so that I didn’t have to worry about paying invoices manually. When I reached out to them, the person who had originally contacted me told me that she was no longer my account manager and made me feel a little weird for even calling her. But it was the only contact number that I had so that was a little confusing. Nevertheless, I would recommend GoodHire.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

We use GoodHire for our background check service provider and the cost is less. It is easier to navigate as well. I used 10 other services including Tenant Data in the past four years, and GoodHire is by far the quickest response time. We get results back faster than any of the other service. There’s no reason for us to use anybody else at this point. There was once instance when we had to interact with their customer service team and the issue was that the prospective hire just never accepted the background check. They have to click on, “Okay,” but they never did. We didn’t know that and they thought they did, but they got the result quick too.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

We've had a good experience running background checks through GoodHire. We're getting adequate information from them. I’ve been trying to purchase bulk background checks for a few weeks now and I keep getting an error message, but I'll figure it out.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I would recommend GoodHire. We researched, looked at several options and the pricing too. There was another competitor that was similar in their service, but GoodHire beat them on the price. It wasn’t a huge amount, but it was enough. One of the main things that we found about them that made us go with them was that all the information was gonna be handled through their website and then we wouldn’t have to handle any information ourselves. All we had to do was provide the email address to them for the potential employee, and then they took care of everything from there.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

The company that we were with was like an older corporate, not very well-organized company that did a lot of stuff offshore, and there were a lot of response rate issues. That company had a bit more of a stodgy, outdated feeling, and I was concerned about having that experience again, so we looked for another option. I did a search for background check companies and then I asked some people and got a bunch of recommendations. We were trying out two companies but I wanted to go with GoodHire because I had read some great things. Also, I really liked the look of GoodHire. When I saw their website, it jumped out to me as being clean and fresh and everything I saw there made me think that they were the answer to all of the issues that we had with the old company.

The GoodHire rep who gave us the presentation was awesome but then he handed us over to a person who was gonna be our account manager. They were great when we worked with them. They were really nice, friendly, and accommodating. But we were trying to do a smooth transition from our previous company where we had the same sort of packages already set up without having to customize so much. And when we tried to do that with GoodHire, we had a hard time coming up with things that were gonna tick all the boxes we needed.

Then, when we ran our first one, something happened that either had to do with the amount of time it was taking or with us trying to make sense of what the package or the test was called. And when we reached out to the account manager, it took a bit of time and we were disappointed. We called and left a message and then from the email, we might have gotten an out-of-office message. Then we were like, “What do we do now?" because that was our point of contact and the first time we were reaching out to them. It felt like a roadblock but then ultimately, we were able to reach out to someone else and someone called us back or emailed us. But we felt then that GoodHire was this big corporate entity and we were like, "Who are we gonna even get? Is there gonna be anyone that’s gonna care about us?”

So we did only one or two times with GoodHire and then we wound up using Crimcheck, the other company that Debbie, my co-worker, had come across beforehand and that she has been working with. We were doing GoodHire at the same time as Crimcheck was being tried out. Crimcheck's website wasn’t as modern as GoodHire's but Crimcheck's packages were really easy for us to translate what we currently had, to what they were offering. Also, their company is a lot smaller so we were able to reach people really quickly. Debbie has started talking to one of their reps and that person is who we would be mainly communicating with. The contact was more personal and intimate and Debbie was getting responses within an hour, so she really wanted that same level of service.

When we started with GoodHire, we were really dated since we had been working with the old company for a while, and that had a big impact on things. Had we not been really slowed down and had we been in a place where we weren’t looking for the worst, we would have been a bit more patient with GoodHire. We also thought that we were months overdue and that we should have done it four or five months ago and switched companies, so we were in panic mode. If we weren’t and if it was a toss-up, we may have gone fully with GoodHire over Crimcheck or we may have used them both equally. Still, I thought GoodHire was really great and I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I have used GoodHire for a complete background check 4 or 5 times for our company and they have explained to me. However, I did not get what I wanted and it also cost me more money.

GoodHire response

Of course we’re disappointed that you are not fully satisfied with your background checks. We strive to clearly communicate what is included in each background check on our website, and you can always contact us directly to discuss which packages best fit your employment screening needs.

GoodHire expert review by ConsumerAffairs

GoodHire is a US based employment screening company with services for businesses and individuals in industries across the board. Their customized services help employers make educated hiring decisions while protecting the privacy and secure information of candidates. Candidates are always treated respectfully, and their background checks are administered efficiently.

• Customizable: Employers have the option to choose from one of several predefined screening packages, or they can create their own customized background check. You can adjust your screening process as your business and its needs change.

• TrueMe for job candidates: Job candidates can stay a step ahead of potential employers by completing their own TrueMe background checks with GoodHire. Once your background check is complete, you will be sent a secure URL that can be posted directly on your resume, applications, social media profiles and/or job boards. GoodHire ensures that only verified employers can request access to your link, and you have the final say in granting access, keeping your information secure.

• Challenge errors: TrueMe reports allow individuals to add comments for previous behavior. They also have built-in tools that allow individuals to fix mistakes before they head to an interview and have an employer run a background check.

• Up-front pricing: Pricing  for pay-per-check is upfront and available on their website, making it easy for employers to decide which packages and options to choose based on their cost. View sample results for every package so you know what to expect. For high volume and customized needs, simply fill out a form online to receive a customized quote.

• HR tech integration: GoodHire has teamed up with leading HR tech companies to deliver integrated employment screening on your timeline. If your HR firm isn’t currently integrated with GoodHire, simply let them know.

• Best for: GoodHire is best for businesses and individuals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs