4.80/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

GoodHire

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

GoodHire is an employment background check that is built for trust and safety in the workplace. No matter what kind of business you are, when it comes to hiring a staff, you want to make sure you are hiring quality personnel. With GoodHire, you can rest assured that the results you receive will not only be accurate but secure as well. From personal background checks to employment background checks, GoodHire will help you find the best people for the job. Contact us today to learn more.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 18, 2017

198 GoodHire Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Our company has already been using GoodHire before I got in. GoodHire has all been good for the company and it's easy for me.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

GoodHire is very user-friendly and easy to use. I’ve never had a problem with it and if I do mess up something, I just call and they fix it for me. The system operations are very good, and their customer service is wonderful. Their background checks usually take around two days from the time the potential employee puts their information in, if there’s no drug-screen included, and they’re not in Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania is their motor background, so their motor vehicle check takes longer. But once that’s done, it’s a 24 to 48-hour turnaround.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Our experiences with GoodHire have always been good and positive. Although their price was a little higher than some of the others, their service is good and they’ve been a valuable partner to us.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Getting GoodHire to run a background check has been straightforward and fairly easy. They've met our expectations and we've been getting what we wanted out of it. Their reps have been very pleasant and able to answer all my questions. It's been an outstanding experience and everything has been going well.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

I like using GoodHire. They're very thorough and they don't cut corners. They require a lot of information and forms. Though it's a little frustrating at times because some of the state's requirements are ridiculous, GoodHire sticks to their guns. I started here at company at the end of April, and they're relatively new to using GoodHire. They were switched around through a couple of companies, then they found GoodHire and were happy with them.

As long as we have all the info they need, getting them to run a check is very easy and we do it all online. I can download all the forms I need from them, then get our candidates fo fill up the forms and I can upload those. They are very helpful, pleasant, polite, and easy to work with. At the end, they want to know if they've helped and most of the time they have. Unless, there are laws of the state that they're not familiar with. I can't expect them to know all the laws of the state. I'm a payroll person and this is very new experience for me, but I've had no difficulty taking it up. Everything is very positive and I would highly recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoodHire?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

With GoodHire, we get the background checks the same day, which is a good thing since we usually need to send profiles to hospitals as soon as possible. We cannot wait 10 days for a background check. Also, if I need a background check from them and something is not completed, I call them and they put a speed on it and then the next couple of hours, it's done. Their customer service is always willing to help and I've always had pleasant interactions with them.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

The company's been using GoodHire for years and it's been great. It's easy to use and we haven't had any issues so it serves the purpose.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

GoodHire has been great and our company is really happy with them. It's user-friendly, all the data we need to input is clearly identified on the website. It doesn't tax the employer as much as it can and we get the results quickly. Plus, it's value for money. As far as what the company wants and needs, GoodHire delivers. They meet or even exceed expectations. We were able to hire some of the best talents out there for the work and it's been delightful.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

GoodHire is the service we use to handle background checks. I have used another company but GoodHire was better in terms of the ease on the website and the customer service. It’s super easy with their online system to run a background check. GoodHire sends a potential employee or whoever we check on an e-mail in behalf of us asking to give consent to do the background check. GoodHire is accessible if I have a question also. I've had two interactions with their customer service and at both times, they were awesome and friendly. They were super helpful and knowledgeable. I called them this morning ‘cause I had a question and the guy was excellent and I would give him the double thumbs up. GoodHire is great and we’ll continue to use them.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I get a lot of vendor correspondence every day in my email. I was looking for a place where we could do remote drug testing because we don't have offices in every state but we hire in every state. GoodHire was a more efficient way to get remote drug testing accomplished and we're supposed to get express results. For the most part, they come back quickly. We've used other providers before and we still use a few but GoodHire is definitely better. If I have problems, which we did in the beginning due to the different packages that we wanted, they would respond to me right away and fix the issue. I would email my connection, call her and she would get right back to me. She was really good. With the other vendors, it's more time-consuming. However, the downside of the customer service would be the chat, which I don't find that useful. But overall my experience with GoodHire has been great. It's been fast and accurate with good customer service.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I've usually been the one who was running the background checks for the past couple of years now and using GoodHire is easy, fast, quick and affordable. I've only had to call customer service once when a background check was taking a little longer than usual. They were nice to let us know what was going on and when we should expect the background. We got it that day and it was a good experience.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

We had to start doing background checks to comply with our statement to work. I tested four different companies on myself to see how accurate they were. I have to use Assurance for our large corporate clients, and it’s a nightmare and I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone. GoodHire seems to be fairly easy to use. And I haven’t had any negative feedback from our employees, so it seems fine. Everything kind of cost the same so with all things being equal, I went with the one that had the best user interface. A lot of the other sites either have really bad user experience or screen displays, and GoodHire is the only one out there that’s really meant to be mobile-friendly.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

GoodHire seemed easy to use, and running a background check looked pretty straight forward. We had a few phone calls with the customer service team and they were forthcoming but when the job was a little more complicated, they didn’t disclose how that will be or give a timeline, so it was pretty frustrating. Overall, everything is fine so far, but it would be easier if they had multiple packages when you add on the individual reports. It’s pretty expensive, so we’re already in the process of looking to use somebody else.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I'm the President of a company and when I came here, they weren't using or doing anything to check people's backgrounds. So I went looking for something. I researched, called a few companies and looked at some reports and reviews. Then I ran one on GoodHire and I told myself it will get me what I need. I used another background check service provider before which was much more expensive and more thorough but that was because I was dealing with money and finance. I don't need that here since I just need to know that people are telling me the truth when they come in the door. For the $55 that I'm spending, GoodHire tells me enough about people to know if they’ve had some trouble in the past like a DWI. It gets me that information.

Using GoodHire is simple and easy. I’ve got the background information and consent form which is standardized and in a PDF format with our logo on it. I fill it out, go online and I've already got people's driver's license and everything I need. I punch it in and it's flawless. One time, somebody typed in 469 because our area code here is 469 and wrote their own social security number wrong twice. I punched it in there then I called GoodHire's customer service. I asked them to correct it instead of sending a new one, and they did it right on the spot. Another time, I called because I knew the person on their application had said they had an issue but it did not show up on the background check. GoodHire said it was because the issue was in South Carolina. So far, those are the only two incidents that I've had and both were addressed and explained perfectly. I'm very pleased with GoodHire. It does exactly what I need it to do and gets the information to me quickly.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I did administration work for a company and we used GoodHire to do run background checks on people. It's seamless and has a very good process. GoodHire is a great and easy to use system. In addition, their staff has been very responsive and helpful.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

GoodHire is fast, easy to use and their customer service is very helpful. They're also accommodating and they've been great.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

We use GoodHire to do our background checks. They charge pretty good rates and they’re efficient. And the checks come back quick. The representative that I had was very attentive and if I have any issues, he responds back quickly. So far, so good.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

GoodHire is much easier to use according to my boss. And when I call in with a question about anything, it’s so nice to talk to a company where I get a human being that answers right away. They are always super friendly, helpful and easy to work with. Sometimes the result comes back within the hour, if not faster. Now that we started doing the federal criminal list, it takes a little longer but it’s within the day. It’s been awesome.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

I shopped around a little bit and GoodHire seemed to offer a reasonable price. However, I was kind of led to believe at the beginning that I would get a really quick turnaround time in order to get people into the field. When it actually turns out, it took several weeks longer than expected because GoodHire had to call and verify through phone calls. As far as getting approval and the information that we needed, it was out of their control. They did as good an effort as they could have. I also received an email from them saying that they couldn’t get the information requested in a timely fashion because the previous employer required a signed signature form.

With me supplying the information for who I needed to be vetted, they were able to instantly send out the email to those individuals to request permission. So that was pretty convenient. A lot of the people that we dealt with the vetting process needed an actual physical form. That was difficult, but they were proactive in trying to reach out to our potential workforce trying to get physical, written copies. So as far as it goes with the up and up with the services that they’ve given, they did thorough background checks and they gave me any kind of discrepancies with anybody. It was pretty good. Their website is pretty easy to navigate and their billing was reasonable as well. We still do business with them.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

Using GoodHire was convenient and their services weren't expensive. I would recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

One of our old employees switched to GoodHire as a background check service provider shortly before he left and then I continued using it. It's pretty simple to use. All we really do is get the form signed off by the employee. The form details their information and then we enter the information into the website, upload their consent form. Once we get the report back, we provide the prospective new hire with a copy of their report. The system operates good and seamlessly. It usually doesn’t take any more than a day to get the report back so it’s a great process and it has worked out very well for us. We’ve had a better experience with GoodHire and we will continue to use it.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

To use GoodHire for background checks, you have to purchase their packages based on credits. It's not a strict dollar amount so you have to figure that out although it was not difficult. You have to purchase credits and then use a certain amount of credits according to the level of background check that you want. But other than that, the website was easy to navigate and the results came back clear and easy to read. They provided me what I needed.

From the volume that I purchased, they gave me an extra credit, which I ran on myself as a self-test but I had two traffic violations that did not appear. I called customer service and the wait was very short. I talked to a real person and he was very helpful. He explained that I used the wrong credits for the wrong package so when he ran it again using the correct package, it came up. So overall, it was a good experience. Besides, I was doing a general background check rather than the MVR and on all of the other background checks, they all came back clear which was good but I also wanted to make sure that I’m not missing anything.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I came to know about GoodHire through the agency that I worked for. The steps that they gave, how to do it and the different options were easy to utilize and wasn't difficult.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

GoodHire is the service that we used when I started working. The systems operations work fine with us. To run background checks, we put in the information like the email and then it sends it to whoever we gave the email for. And then they put in their information and we can always go in and see how much they’ve got done. And when it's ready, we receive an email. I’ve had interactions with customer service team a couple of times because of the way something was set up.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I have run into several issues over the last few years when it comes to good customer service and getting a good background check. But GoodHire has left me pleasantly surprised. They have great customer service and everything is always taken care of immediately. I have never had to wait and am always shocked at how quickly any issue gets resolved.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

When one of our clients posed their requirement to us, we did an online search to find a supplier that we could get background checks done quickly and into the standards that we were required. We had certain things that needed to be provided but they weren't extravagant. They were pretty standard background check parameters. We had 10 people that we've had to run background checks for and GoodHire has been great. It's been easy, fast, pretty intuitive and streamlined.

The process of putting in a new person and then allowing them to put in all their information to process the background check has been pretty seamless. GoodHire has provided all of what we expected them to deliver and the turnaround time is within a couple of days. Our client has been happy with the results and we haven't had any issues with the reports or any of the parameters that they have available. GoodHire has been a good service to use. We expect to continue using them into the future.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Our former HR Director had used GoodHire in her previous employment so she started using it here. It's very efficient and easy to use and it's very quick as well. We get results in either the same day or the next, so we don't have any issues with waiting. I really like that aspect of it. The systems operations are doing well as far as operations expectations are concerned, so we can get individuals started faster than if it was taking two weeks to get their background then. With GoodHire, I don't have to input that information in. The employees input all their information in so I don't have to double check anything.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

Before using GoodHire we had a previous company and that one was better. The previous company's verification was more clear and they reach out to the candidate themselves. With GoodHire there's a discrepancy in the information and it's up to us to find out what the discrepancy is. And sometimes the candidate feedback said that they haven't heard from GoodHire. GoodHire haven't contacted them for the discrepancy until they send it to us and then we ask them.

But it's easier for us to run a background check. The process with GoodHire is that we need to email them and they would get right back to us. After that they would send us the information. But if they can give us access to cancel the background check ourselves or edit our request without sending them emails back and forth and they can get a notification, then that would be easier. GoodHire needs to work on certain things but other than that the company is okay. Customer service was very professional and helpful.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

We got GoodHire's services on the recommendation of our payroll company. Running background checks through them has been very easy and the reps have always helped us. We've never had any problems with the system's operation. The Customer Service addressed any issue that arrived and we've had no problems to worry about with them as well. Everything has been good with our GoodHire experience.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

We are really satisfied with GoodHire. GoodHire is more efficient, more detailed, and has more information compared to other background check service I have used in the past. I love it. It's easy to use, the results come back fairly quickly, and it's just easy to maneuver throughout the website. Our management has positive feedback on GoodHire and they would like for us to continue to use it. Everyone has received it very well. I've talked to their customer service team and they have been very helpful and knowledgeable.

GoodHire Company Information