It's that easy Request Information
4.53/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

GoodHire provides FCRA-compliant employment background checks and screening solutions for businesses and organizations of all sizes. Featuring easy-to-use workflows, built-in compliance tools, and a mobile-friendly candidate experience, GoodHire speeds and simplifies the background check process to help you screen and hire candidates faster.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

567 GoodHire Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 13, 2019

Was a client at GoodHire for over 2 years. Most of the time the system works fine for background checks. A background check is a necessary evil that you just want done simply, correctly and at the price you contracted to pay. When it does not work with GoodHire the wheels come off. I have a contract that calls out to pay $30 per check. We always order the exact same service. Most of the time I am billed correctly. They are always trying to upgrade you or do a "inspection" of your location for an added fee, but if you resist the system works most of the time.

This most recent time I was charged $39.99 just out of the blue. After holding for just about 2 minutes I was able to explain the problem to the call center who said "Let me talk to someone. It will just be a minute." and they put me on hold for over 40 minutes (until I gave up and called back). The new representative agrees my contract is for $30 and they charged $39.99, but cannot refund. I know they are a large company, but they could have cared less if I stayed or left. Guess my business was not worth the $9.99 overcharge.

I moved on to Crimcheck and I am always billed the contract amount and no up-selling goes with the order. Wish I would have spent the last 2 years with Crimcheck. If you don't mind hour phone calls being told, "Yes. We should have charged you your contract, but we will not do anything about it because you already paid use GoodHire." If you want to spend your time on your business use Crimcheck.

Get expert buying tips about Employment Screening Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 12, 2019

GoodHire is very similar to the other provider I used in the past. The system operates well and meets my company's expectations.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I was using another database company and they were charging twice as much as GoodHire and took more time to get the results. So, I switched to GoodHire. They were a company I did research with on the internet and their customer service has been pretty good. Running a background check with GoodHire has also been great, so far and my colleague and I are happy with them.

Original review: April 10, 2019

GoodHire has been much easier and quicker to use than the other system I've used. Plus their customer service people were great.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I'm an HR manager and I used GoodHire several years back. I liked that vendor then and I wanted to use them here. They were easy to use in running a background check and the turnaround time was super quick, so they were good that way. The pricing was good too, except for New York. This system and the reps have been great.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoodHire?

Original review: April 8, 2019

We used the State of Minnesota for background check services before. Compared to GoodHire, that check wasn't that thorough but we didn't pay for it. Using GoodHire to run a background check was simple. Also, it was quick to run the check and receive the information. That took a day. The system has operated very well. Our experience with GoodHire has been very good and we're satisfied.

Original review: April 7, 2019

I had used the GoodHire background check service at a previous company, but the company that we are now using it for has not used any other background check service before. It has been very easy to run a background check with the GoodHire system. So far, we've only ran one check that we needed and I figured the system out quickly. It satisfied what it was required to do and what we needed it for. The information came back within 24 hours, so that was a very quick turnaround. I'm very satisfied with my experience.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I took over the GoodHire background check service two months ago and I started implementing it. The system has been great in meeting the expectations set by the company. Everything was organized and the setup was quick. It was user-friendly, gave quick responses, and was very easy to use. Overall, our experience with GoodHire has been great.

Original review: April 5, 2019

GoodHire has worked really well during the times we have used it. Right now, we don't have urgent hiring needs so we pulled back in all facets and sources that we were utilizing for recruitment and hiring purposes but should our hiring speed up in the future, their services are something that we would look for.

Original review: April 4, 2019

We used whichever background check provider TriNet used and GoodHire is the company that we contracted for them. Utilizing GoodHire to run a background check was straightforward, simple, and took five minutes. The menu is really good because I can be as thorough as I want in running a background check. The system operates well and even exceeds the expectations set by the company. It has been very good dealing with the customer service representatives and the team members of GoodHire. Their professionalism and knowledge of the product were very good. It's a good product. Our experience with GoodHire has been very good and very smooth.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I Google-searched GoodHire and I liked their pricing. I also went to the website and talked to a couple of people. It is easy to run a background check with them and their system is user-friendly. However, I sent a background check for one of my employees and she said that she never got the email for GoodHire. When I called their customer rep to see if they could check the email or send another email, he said that he saw that it went through or that they sent it to the correct email. He gave me a little attitude but I was able to get him to resend the email. All in all, my experience with GoodHire has been good.

Original review: April 2, 2019

When I looked on the internet, GoodHire was recommended on another website as one of the top background check services to use. And for me, my experience with them has been fantastic. Chris is the guy that I go through. If I have any questions about the process, or if I'm not seeing something, I get a quick answer when I call. It's been amazing. In addition to that, I like the quickness of the updates. For the most part, the results come back to me immediately if they're clean. There are also constant updates on the estimated time of arrival for the background checks if there's a delay. That's important when you're trying to hire fast. GoodHire has been helpful for my company overall and I appreciate it.

Original review: April 1, 2019

We’ve been using GoodHire with our company. That’s all we use now for background check and it's pretty easy. The only thing I had difficulty with was adding the money to the account because for some reason, it wouldn’t let us. It took us about 30 minutes to figure it out. But besides that, everything went fine.

Original review: March 31, 2019

All potential employees go through a vetting and before an offer is made, we run a background check to ensure that we’re getting just the right person. We haven't had difficulties running the background check. We obtain potential employees' information and then we put it into GoodHire's system.

Original review: March 30, 2019

Using GoodHire, I like that the applicant gets the information right away as soon as it is sent. That's seamless. And then they fill out their portion, and that starts the process. So, all I'm really doing is putting in their first name, last name and their email address, and then the applicants complete the rest of it. I had one instance though where one of the applicants said that the information that was found wasn't hers, and there was a discrepancy. It was something severe that we wouldn't have hired her. GoodHire really helped us walk through the steps and confirmed that the applicant would have to file paperwork, and they directed her back to them. She had to prove to them in order for it to go through or make any changes, which she wasn't able to. So, we ended up not hiring her. It was nice that it took us out of that process of it. I liked that part of it.

GoodHire is very quick to respond with any issues I've had. When I started, I asked for some additional training since I was new, and I got that quickly. My representative is pretty easily to ask questions. There was one time she was out of the office, but I just called the help desk and they were readily available to help me. I didn't have any problem getting the answer I needed within the same day.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I have moved here from a different company and I reached out to my former head of HR and they said they use GoodHire. I bought it up to our management team and we decided to use them. Running a background check with GoodHire is extremely simple. They make it easy for people who don't have experience. Most of the responsibility falls on the candidate. We just need their name and email.

The people at GoodHire handle sending the candidates the form, which is nice. We don't have to be in charge of that and it takes a bit off our plate. We can see how quickly they do things, and how much they are interested. It took them not very long at all and we got a response and it was done. We could check and see. So far, we've used GoodHire once and we don't have any issues using it. It was a good experience.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I found GoodHire via internet search and liked their format. I also liked the fact that they allowed the use of both fed and state compliance. So far, using GoodHire to run background checks has been a good experience. I wish that we could cancel background checks though or at least put in a date and time when the background check automatically gets canceled if a candidate doesn't complete it. We've had to waste time picking up the phone and calling in order to get that accomplished. Plus, when we get an alert status on someone and they give us a multiple name differentiation, the system doesn’t allow us to send a response back asking for clarification. It would be nice if that was automated as opposed to us having to reach back out to the candidate. Still, GoodHire is a good company and I've recommended them to a few others.

Original review: March 28, 2019

We were a franchise of a large financial institution that did all of the background checks and compliance issues for us. We’re in New Hampshire. When we became a registered independent adviser, it became necessary for us to do a lot of things that the main office handled. We were looking for someone to do background checks and I reached out to our colleague in Youngstown who said that they used GoodHire. We gave them a try and we had a very successful experience.

GoodHire was very user-friendly. We set up the account, got ourselves registered with them, and sent our company information. Once they approved us, it was pretty painless. We were allowed a couple of weeks and things came back before the end of our expected time. It was effortless and I would definitely use them again. We are all set if we need to do a new hire again.

Original review: March 27, 2019

One of my previous HR ladies set me up with GoodHire. It is user-friendly but it takes a while to get some reports back.

Original review: March 2, 2019

My company has an account with GoodHire. I used them to run a background check once and everything was good.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I liked the ease of use of GoodHire's services and their site is simple. Also, they have a reasonable price and I like that they give you different options depending on what kind of background check you’re looking at. Then, when I called the company to ask a couple questions from their customer service, they were really good. So, I went with them.

Utilizing their system to run a background check has been great. For everybody that I ran through, it has been super fast except for the last one. There is one candidate that I haven’t heard about, although I ran the background check for that candidate a week ago or more. It's still pending. I don’t know what’s happening with that candidate and why it is taking a long time. If I have to wait a certain amount of time, it would be nice to hear from GoodHire or get some notification from them that they’re still working on it. That was one negative of my experience with them. But other than that, they have very good customer service and I have recommended them to other people.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

We needed GoodHire to do background checks for prospective employees since we have service technicians who go into people’s homes. We wanna make sure that there’s nothing going on with their backgrounds and so far, they have met our expectations. I have dealt with their customer service department a couple of times and they have been very, very helpful and very prompt at getting back to us. In fact, they have a live chat feature which I’ve used and the experience has been great. They have a very user-friendly website and it looks really good. Navigating around on it is easy, so that’s something that makes it always a pleasant experience. I would definitely recommend GoodHire.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Using GoodHire is really simple and I've never had any issues. The turnaround time is pretty quick as I haven't had to wait longer than a couple of days.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I was using a different background check company before, but I switched over to GoodHire for the corporate discount that we have. My initial call with them went very well. They answered all of my questions and provided me all the information I needed. I'm doing the background check myself now, whereas previously, I was emailing the company a form and then having to wait for a response. GoodHire's system is very easy to use and it's quicker as well.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

We went with GoodHire for the amount of services they offered for their price point. Their customer service team is very responsive. If I have questions or concerns, it usually takes me less than 24 hours to get an answer. Running background checks with their system seems to be very smooth. The process is straightforward and the system has a very easy user interface. Our company's expectations and how the system actually operates are about aligned.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

We were implementing our background checks and GoodHire was something previous colleagues were familiar with so we implemented it. They walked us through a demo to begin with, which was awesome, and I haven’t had any issues that I’ve needed to reach out to them for anything. It’s pretty straightforward and it also implements with our HR and applicant tracking system so it’s been very easy. GoodHire has been smooth, which is good for us.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

The person who owned the company before used GoodHire, so I just kept their service. When I was first interested in signing up with them, I received some really fast responses and follow-up. Then when I was looking to figure out how to get a document that would be a release of information for the people I was hiring, I emailed the person I was initially in contact with and he responded right away and helped me out with that. I've had a positive experience using the system to run background checks. GoodHire's response has been quick and they have met my expectations.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I've used GoodHire for several years and have performed over 100 background checks through their system. At the end of 2018, GoodHire changed their system and now charges additional surprise fees on well over half of the employment verifications and education verifications that I have run through their system. A $79.99 check easily becomes a $115 check due to those fees. It's bait and switch and misleading. I do not recommend this service.

GoodHire response

Of course we’re disappointed that you are not fully satisfied with our background check services. We strive to clearly communicate any additional fees that might be included in each background check on our website. The fees you're referring to are third-party data access fees that may apply in addition to the cost of your GoodHire background check. These fees are passed through directly from state and county offices, such as county courts, motor vehicle departments, and education institutions. GoodHire does not markup data access fees.

We understand your frustration and would like to reaffirm our commitment to supporting our customers. As such, we'd like to offer you a free standard report so that your next candidate background check is free. Please reach out directly to our support team and reference this review so that we may locate your account.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

The GoodHire sales rep we worked with was upfront and broke everything down perfectly. His overall professionalism and level of knowledge were also better than any of our experiences with other companies. Using GoodHire's system to do a background check is easy. I go right into it, run the background check, select the few that we require, and then go to the process. And then the applicant fills out all the information through the verification email.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I called GoodHire and the gentleman who helped me, Andy, was really nice and he set us up really fast. The experience was easy and spot-on. The system operates very well. I just put in people’s names and it sends them an email which they fill out. Then the background check goes to me within a couple of days. I would definitely recommend GoodHire because the product is very easy to use and the results come in fast.

GoodHire expert review by ConsumerAffairs

GoodHire is a US based employment screening company with services for businesses and individuals in industries across the board. Their customized services help employers make educated hiring decisions while protecting the privacy and secure information of candidates. Candidates are always treated respectfully, and their background checks are administered efficiently.

• Customizable: Employers have the option to choose from one of several predefined screening packages, or they can create their own customized background check. You can adjust your screening process as your business and its needs change.

• TrueMe for job candidates: Job candidates can stay a step ahead of potential employers by completing their own TrueMe background checks with GoodHire. Once your background check is complete, you will be sent a secure URL that can be posted directly on your resume, applications, social media profiles and/or job boards. GoodHire ensures that only verified employers can request access to your link, and you have the final say in granting access, keeping your information secure.

• Challenge errors: TrueMe reports allow individuals to add comments for previous behavior. They also have built-in tools that allow individuals to fix mistakes before they head to an interview and have an employer run a background check.

• Up-front pricing: Pricing  for pay-per-check is upfront and available on their website, making it easy for employers to decide which packages and options to choose based on their cost. View sample results for every package so you know what to expect. For high volume and customized needs, simply fill out a form online to receive a customized quote.

• HR tech integration: GoodHire has teamed up with leading HR tech companies to deliver integrated employment screening on your timeline. If your HR firm isn’t currently integrated with GoodHire, simply let them know.

• Best for: GoodHire is best for businesses and individuals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs