Call toll free
4.58/5
Based on 276 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

GoodHire is an employment background check that is built for trust and safety in the workplace. No matter what kind of business you are, when it comes to hiring a staff, you want to make sure you are hiring quality personnel. With GoodHire, you can rest assured that the results you receive will not only be accurate but secure as well. From personal background checks to employment background checks, GoodHire will help you find the best people for the job. Contact us today to learn more.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

436 GoodHire Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I signed up with a few background check companies and tried them all out. I decided GoodHire was the way to go. I use it rarely because we don’t have that big of a turnaround but running background checks is very simple and straightforward. When we first started, GoodHire made me a plan and we stuck to it. Their turnaround time for background checks was really quick. But, it depends on what’s on the person’s background. If it’s clean, it comes back. If there’s something, then it takes a little bit, but that’s understandable. Also, the one time I interacted with their CS, it went very positively.

Get expert buying tips about Employment Screening Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Prior to using GoodHire, we had a different background check company. Their turnaround time was almost always one day, and while GoodHire is better accuracy-wise, their background checking turnaround time varies significantly. It could take three to four days. Our rep has been great though, and she's always on top of everything. Her name is Tracy and she was able to help us if there were any issues or when we were wondering what was holding something up.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I found GoodHire online and after talking to them and figuring it out, I liked their price structure, background checks and drug tests. My company is offering an employment platform and we plan to use GoodHire to clear the people who want to participate. Overall, I liked what they had to offer and I will definitely recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I used GoodHire to gather background and criminal information, and my overall experience was good. The lady I spoke with was very helpful in walking me through it. I'd recommend GoodHire.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

We asked different companies who they used for background checks and GoodHire came up. We haven't done many background checks through GoodHire so the experience is still pretty new but it was fairly reasonable and easy. Also, everything was fine in dealing with their reps.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoodHire?

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

GoodHire's service is good and it works for the necessity. It's easy to use, too. The turnaround time is usually two days but they could improve it to be faster. I was using my local insurance company prior to using GoodHire, and GoodHire's a little more thorough.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

GoodHire's customer service team has been pleasant. Running background checks with them takes two to five days and for the most part, it has been good. However, I had one that I had an issue with where somehow a school got put in instead of a candidate’s name, and they ran a whole check on a school and told me it was good. I had to question the validity of it after I was told that the school had a good valid driver’s license and social security number and it wasn’t on the warrant list or domestic terror list. But, they corrected it.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

Before using GoodHire, I have used a couple of different background check company. I just bounced around from one to another, but I like GoodHire. I can get a deeper background from them more than just a local company. Also, their process is easy and I get a quick response. They also send a notice to the applicants so they know, which is good. I would definitely use them again.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

My experience with GoodHire has been good so far. We had a different service provider before and customer service is a lot better through GoodHire. When we first started with GoodHire, we were double billed and they addressed it immediately and credited us. I spoke to one person and they were able to assist me. GoodHire was easy to get ahold of. Also, I love that an employee can put their own information in and I don’t have to sit then and input it myself. Sometimes the background check comes back right away, which is great, and then other times, it takes so long to come back. But for the most part, it has been good. I would recommend GoodHire to others.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Running a background check using GoodHire is easy and their customer service is good. GoodHire was recommended to me, and I'd also recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I started using the applicant tracking system, Lever, and it has a built-in integration with GoodHire. At the time, I wasn’t happy with my background check vendor so I decided to try out GoodHire. Their interface was really nice. Also, their representatives that our new hires and our employees have interacted with have been really nice too. But my biggest complaint was about the employment verification process. This process is really important, but I understand that it’s coming from a third party. They’ve had inconsistencies with the vendors that have been doing the employment verifications for them that have been really slow and sometimes weren’t able to verify at all. If GoodHire can figure out their employment verification vendor issues, they would be in a really great place. Other than that, their customer service has been really good.

Original review: July 31, 2018

A co-worker of mine told me about GoodHire and I've been using their services for a year and five months, and so far my experience with them has been good. Running a background check was self-explanatory and easy to handle. I've been happy with GoodHire and I would recommend them.

Original review: July 31, 2018

We did a Google search on various companies online that were FCRA regulated or approved and GoodHire was one of the companies which had a better rate. It was our first experience hiring a company to do a background check as we have just begun a new business adventure. We like the ease of doing background checks and using them is very efficient. We log in to our account and put in the name and email address of the person we want to do the background check on. We don’t have to call them or send anything. We're able to just put the information online and then go back and check online. Plus, we are notified when the background check is complete, which is really great. It’s self-sufficient.

Their customer service is a nice thing. However, they don't have customer service in the evening and weekends. With my working hours, sometimes I don’t get to the computer to do things until the evening and have to put off contacting somebody until the next day. During business hours though, they are right on there. When I do the chat or call in, it’s immediate. They always answer every question I have and if they don’t have an answer, they find the answer and get back to me as quickly as possible. They’re really great people.

Original review: July 30, 2018

We used another background service provider before and now we are using GoodHire's system which is great because it links up with BambooHR, the ATS that we're using. The process is very simplified from the application, to the interview, to the offer, and to initiating the background check because of the integration with BambooHR. The only concern I have is that when there were issues with the integration, it took more than one phone call to try to figure out if the problem was on GoodHire's or Bamboo's end. Also, we didn’t get notified when there was an issue and we only found out about this when we were waiting for the initiation of the background check to commence and we didn't know what was going on. It was always trial-and-error when there was a problem, but that happened very rarely. On the whole, everything has been working great with GoodHire.

Original review: July 30, 2018

Reading online from a couple of different reviews, GoodHire seemed like a good way for small to medium size businesses to be able to do background checks fairly effectively and efficiently. GoodHire is the first background check provider that uses the automated approach to handle multiple facets like multiple background check types and do drug testing as well. We're a newer business and they were helpful when I first onboarded with them. And overall, it's been pretty nice using their web browser interface to be able to have background checks run on new employees.

Their reps were pretty professional. They followed up with me if I had any questions after the start and they were able to answer. My phone interactions with them were fairly positive as well. However, there's so much information as far as background check types, especially for small businesses. So continuing to provide good resources and information as to why we should use certain ones and what the need is for them, would be great. But GoodHire did everything that I needed and it was a pretty smooth process with them. It's a good and efficient way for someone who doesn't have a large HR department to be able to do what they need. My experience with GoodHire has been pretty good and if my friends had a small to medium size business, I would recommend using them.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I liked GoodHire's prices, and I also like their website because they have everything and it's a user-friendly webpage. We’re doing well with them and we get the results on time. I contacted their CS at the beginning, trying to understand the types of reports and I wasn’t sure about the difference on how to handle or place the order. I received good feedback and they told me, "You have to choose this and this," and everything went through. However, we did one report for somebody and it came back completely negative. We use the service for drivers and we called that driver. Everything was resolved and he was not guilty, but it was not showing up on the report that I had. That was a little bit of a concern because if there was really something, it wasn't showing on my report.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I run a tech start-up and GoodHire seemed a little bit more modern than the other big competitor. But one thing that I struggle with as a new business owner is where I should draw the line from a background check perspective. A lot of people have something in their background that they don’t want other people to know about and I don’t know how to go about thinking on who I should reject. I would be more satisfied if there was some guidance from GoodHire. They don't do it for liability reasons but that would be helpful. It doesn’t even have to be a recommendation to a client. It could be just examples of what generic companies have done like, “We’re a toy manufacturer and we don’t want these types of people.” GoodHire's sales manager was fantastic though. He was very responsive anytime I had a question. I've also done some testing and I've been very happy with GoodHire so far.

Original review: July 28, 2018

I used a website like care.com which offers background check capabilities for the people I hire through their site and I wanted to reproduce something like that for my own site. The range of services and the kinds of checks that GoodHire has piqued my interest. It seemed like the most comprehensive service that I was able to find. I was working with one person and I had several series of questions that I asked over time. Each time I reached out to her, she was very responsive and explained things clearly. She took the time to understand what I was trying to accomplish with my website. She was just all-around a lovely person to interact with on a professional level.

Original review: July 28, 2018

I've used GoodHire once a couple of months ago and the experience was very nice. It was a very fairly easy process. I went on there and filled out everything, then within the day I got the result back. My clients were satisfied with what I sent to them, so I was grateful. They were very customer service-friendly as well. A million people called me and they constantly wanted to make sure that I was enjoying the service, which I appreciate. And whoever I spoke to was polite.

The only thing is, which is a general consensus for background checks, it’s expensive, and thinking from a business perspective, they’d make a lot more money if they lower their prices. But, their pricing was a little bit less compared to the two companies I looked at initially. GoodHire is a good company. They do thorough checks and I’m satisfied with them.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I run background checks with GoodHire and it seemed pretty easy, straightforward and fairly intuitive. The process was really quick. I like that it has a fast turnaround.

Original review: July 26, 2018

We're a new company and we're using GoodHire. I used the service a few times but their follow-up might have been lacking. They are supposed to get a response from the people that are being checked. If those folks wouldn’t respond, then GoodHire didn’t follow through. They couldn’t finish and they didn’t call me to say they didn’t get a response. And by the time I sent them another one, I already forgot about it. But when the system worked, I got what I needed and I was able to use the information in making a decision.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I use GoodHire a lot. We’ve used them since about four years ago and generally, the turnaround time is excellent. When it hasn’t been, about a year ago, they assigned us an account manager, Bre, and she has been wonderful. If I have trouble, I can contact her directly usually by email or sometimes phone and I get an email back within a short amount of time saying, “We’re looking into this situation.” Then Bre will follow up saying, “Let me check with that county.” Sometimes counties will be slow in returning information. I’ve been very pleased with Bre. She is very prompt and she spoils us. GoodHire is doing a great job. I was approached by another background check company and I was not interested. We’re definitely gonna stick with GoodHire.

Original review: July 25, 2018

We found GoodHire online and they seem like a great company to use. I only wish that I would have been able to upload everybody at one time, with their information to be sent out to them to fill in instead of one at a time. Other than that, everything has been great and I would definitely recommend GoodHire.

Original review: July 24, 2018

We've had a good experience using GoodHire to run background checks. It's been easy, and we were able to get done what we needed to get done quickly. I've also spoken to one individual over the phone about the account and the customization of the type of background check that GoodHire can perform. We only needed a very minimal background check and certain items we didn’t need were removed. Overall, I would recommend GoodHire.

Original review: July 23, 2018

We were looking at background check companies and we found GoodHire on the internet. Years ago, we used Crimcheck and then, we also used HireRight. GoodHire has been cheaper and they can get information back to us faster. When we first got started with GoodHire, we talked to a couple of reps and they were fantastic and very helpful. Running a background check with them is really quick and really simple. You put the information and submit it. The system has been fantastic and we’ve not had any problems with GoodHire since we started using them. I’ve told others how much we enjoy it and I’ve encouraged people already to use them. Keep up the good work.

Original review: July 23, 2018

We were using Verified First as our background check company before. Then we went with GoodHire and the communication has been a lot faster and there has been much quicker turnaround, so that was a plus. It has been a lot easier to get a hold of somebody over the phone. Also, I usually follow up with an email and I get a response back quickly. But GoodHire has been taking much longer for us to get the results of background checks back and sometimes it took a couple of days or a couple of weeks. With the other company, it was instantaneous, and we got the results two seconds after we submitted our request.

In addition, the learning curve has been a little bit bigger than I was expecting. When I select the products that I want to order, we might run a driver’s license, depending on the company and the location of the hotel. When I choose the background check option, the next screen gives me a whole bunch of other options to add. That was very confusing for the team members as they didn’t know if they were supposed to select any of the other options or to continue with the background check. We did a conference call to show them how to do it and that was helpful. Overall, though, GoodHire has been pretty good. We run the driver's license and the records of our team members and we use the drug testing aspect as well. The criminal background check goes back seven years and there’s also the county check. We utilize all these services.

Original review: July 22, 2018

GoodHire has been easy, smooth, simple and quick for our company to use. For the few times we’ve used it, it worked well unlike before when we had to do background checks manually. It's worth it and we’ve been happy with it.

Original review: July 21, 2018

We had an overall good experience with GoodHire. They provided what they offered and I have no complaints. The person who was working for our company before and ran all the background check reports was satisfied with it as well.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I researched on the internet and GoodHire has great pricing. They're also great in what they are offering. Then using them to run a background check is fantastic. How they operate is over what I expected and it's really fast. It's even easy for the employees to do the filling out of the background check. And the customer service team members are very polite.

Original review: July 19, 2018

GoodHire is easy to use and self-explanatory. The process takes 5 minutes but the wait to get the feedback depends if the person has anything on our record. The last one I did took like three weeks.

GoodHire expert review by ConsumerAffairs

GoodHire is a US based employment screening company with services for businesses and individuals in industries across the board. Their customized services help employers make educated hiring decisions while protecting the privacy and secure information of candidates. Candidates are always treated respectfully, and their background checks are administered efficiently.

• Customizable: Employers have the option to choose from one of several predefined screening packages, or they can create their own customized background check. You can adjust your screening process as your business and its needs change.

• TrueMe for job candidates: Job candidates can stay a step ahead of potential employers by completing their own TrueMe background checks with GoodHire. Once your background check is complete, you will be sent a secure URL that can be posted directly on your resume, applications, social media profiles and/or job boards. GoodHire ensures that only verified employers can request access to your link, and you have the final say in granting access, keeping your information secure.

• Challenge errors: TrueMe reports allow individuals to add comments for previous behavior. They also have built-in tools that allow individuals to fix mistakes before they head to an interview and have an employer run a background check.

• Up-front pricing: Pricing  for pay-per-check is upfront and available on their website, making it easy for employers to decide which packages and options to choose based on their cost. View sample results for every package so you know what to expect. For high volume and customized needs, simply fill out a form online to receive a customized quote.

• HR tech integration: GoodHire has teamed up with leading HR tech companies to deliver integrated employment screening on your timeline. If your HR firm isn’t currently integrated with GoodHire, simply let them know.

• Best for: GoodHire is best for businesses and individuals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

Redwood City
888-906-4284
www.goodhire.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business