Call toll free
  • 1 star
Based on 223 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call toll free

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

GoodHire is an employment background check that is built for trust and safety in the workplace. No matter what kind of business you are, when it comes to hiring a staff, you want to make sure you are hiring quality personnel. With GoodHire, you can rest assured that the results you receive will not only be accurate but secure as well. From personal background checks to employment background checks, GoodHire will help you find the best people for the job. Contact us today to learn more.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 27, 2017

254 GoodHire Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

We tried another background service company but we were not getting anywhere with them. GoodHire’s response was better and we were satisfied with their service. They were really prompt about what they were doing and up to where we had gotten it to, they were a good company to interact with.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

The recommendations from GoodHire's website were good and pretty straightforward. It's not hard to use, so it's worked out well and we had a great experience with them.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

We have used GoodHire for a short period of six months and were with HireRight prior to them. Although GoodHire is useful and helpful, they could not fulfill our international background request. If we used them for US checks, the experience would have been good. We've now switched to GIS which is supported by our new HRIS system.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

We ran some background checks several years ago with TriNet HR and it was a little bit arduous. They said they don't do them anymore and that we would have to run our own so they referred us to GoodHire and GoodHire is really easy to use. Going through their website, buying each individual background check has been easy and the information is easy to understand. I had an issue and I used the online chat function. They resolved it right away. Another thing that was good with GoodHire was when I was starting a background check on this potential employee but then he was rude. I told GoodHire about this and even though they had already started they refunded me for the background check. Keep up with the good work.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

GoodHire has good reviews of their website and their protocols. They are on the up-and-up and they provided a sound service. I've had a pretty good experience and everything seems to be in order. Their system meets the expectations that they've set and I’m satisfied with their service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoodHire?

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

GoodHire came up as one of the options when I did a google search for background check companies. They gave us the flexibility in doing certain background checks, like a federal or criminal background check. Plus, it gave options that one could add on to the price. Based on the size of the company that I work for and how many background checks we were going to do, it was more cost-effective for us to use them. Running a check is relatively simple. It just takes several clicks, plus the name and information of the person you want to run the background check on. GoodHire gets back really quickly with the information. I was doing a lot of back-to-back background checks and I had to go through a lot of steps for each one. It was a little redundant. There were a lot of clicks involved and it was time-consuming. I would be good if certain information is saved from previous checks and applied to the current one to make things quicker.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

It’s easy to utilize GoodHire. I just send in the name and email of the applicant and then it sends the email then they fill out their email and get the background check that the applicant does. Then, it’s approved or disapproved, either it’s clear or there’s something there. I’ve used another background check service provider before and I like the other better but now I have all these credits with GoodHire and I must use them. I had to buy $900 total in credits to get the pricing comparable to what I was paying and to get them around $27 a piece. They do that bulk discount and now I’m just stuck with all those credits. I understand their business and there’s not much they’re going to be able to do about that. I’m not in Washington and the referral came from Washington and California so they thought it was a fair price and I’m on here and it’s not that great. GoodHire is nothing special.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

We use our background check to process new hires. I searched on the web about the best background check companies for small businesses. After reviewing several sites, GoodHire received high rankings on several different sites that I looked over and that’s why I decided to go with them. Their site is user-friendly. The sign up was via an online application and there was an approval process once I gave them our EIN so they could verify that we were an actual company. Then, it was all set up online. We’d put in the name and email address then GoodHire sends the candidates an email. The candidates fill out all of the demographic information which is used to run the check. It’s nice cause I receive email notifications throughout the process that the candidate filled out the information or if there’s a particular jurisdiction that they think is going to take a few more days for the results to come back then I’ll get a notice on that.

And the employer portal that I use to log in and view the status of everybody’s background checks is really nice. At a glance, it’s easy to see where everybody is at in the process. GoodHire’s system met our expectations fine. Everything has been really great but it would be nice if we have an account rep that we can reach for questions we have. The only thing that’s been a little weird is there have been some counties checked that we’ve never lived in when I had a particular background checking. But overall the processing time is quicker than I would expect it to be.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I researched online and GoodHire was recommended. It’s a very easy setup and if I have any questions they’re right there online. They are quick to answer any questions or if I have an overcharge they take care of it right away. They’re doing a great job and it’s a very good thing for small businesses. They are very helpful and I can depend on their results. I'm very happy with GoodHire.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

GoodHire makes it really easy for us. I just told them what I needed and a couple of days later I got it so that’s nice. It’s simple and I like that. I just put in the name and the email address of the people that I needed and it sent them a message that I am requesting information for the background check. Then the people themselves went in and put in their identifying information and then a short while later I got a message from GoodHire. A couple of times I got ones that said, “We still need more information from this person," and that they haven’t completed it yet. A few of them did complete the whole thing start to finish and then I got a thing that said, “Okay, your results are in.” We just log on to the website and was able to see very quickly if there were any concerns. It has green check marks and indicates if everything was good.

I got a message that said it needed more information and I asked one of the candidates and she said, “I think I’ve already put everything in.” So I contacted GoodHire and they told me what it was and it was some simple fix. I just contact the customer service and they had a quick answer. It was all good. It’s awesome. I've only used it once when I ran a bunch at one time. It still has some credits so when new people come, and probably will, it can be used.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

I love GoodHire's services. It's very helpful and efficient when we can obtain the employees' background checks within 24 hours instead of waiting two to three days for the employees to beging work. I spoke to someone when I was having some issues with my account and the customer service was also great. That's one of the reasons why we use them. I would recommend GoodHire's services to whoever needs it.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

GoodHire was one of the first few we checked into that did all of their consent online and it's fairly simple. We go in, put in the information and request the potential employee to go in and fill out everything else. GoodHire explained what happens when they ping a name and they have to go and look at it. Most people were fairly quick, but a couple of them took a week, and then they came back anyway. A couple of the managers are a little impatient, but that's them and the system works fine. GoodHire has quickly taken care of everything we contacted them about or explained to us why the situation has taken longer, so everything with them has been good.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

GoodHire offered more in-depth searches than what my previous company had. They’re providing the information that I’m looking for at a reasonable cost. However, I was a little disappointed because of the regulations the background searches are able to provide compared to when I just Googled somebody’s name. It’s like you can Google somebody and find out a whole lot more than you can on a background search. Other than that, the reps have been helpful as far as they can be. They can’t always answer my questions, but it’s due to the regulatory nonsense so it’s not really their fault. GoodHire has always been an easy to use background search and it provides adequate information.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

We had some employee issues and somebody who works in Human Resource at a different company recommended GoodHire. We didn’t really worry about using a background check service provider before because we're a small company but we got to worry about it now. Its process includes gathering some information and getting the people's permission to run it. We give all the information to GoodHire then they run it for us and send us the information back. It’s a new process every time for me that I have to go to because we don’t hire very often so I do it infrequently. Their reps were just always willing to help and I've been real happy with them.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I just signed up with GoodHire and they're easy to use. We can just pop on, enter the information we need and we're done. You can put credits on there and order them as you go. Their website is also nice because it gives you an idea of what's pending or if they're still working on it. I like their customer service lady there, too.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I had a tough experience with GoodHire doing some hiring processes because it took a long time, but I've seen improvement in them. We have had a group of people hired in the last two weeks through that great response from them. They are getting back to us more quickly with background checks. We got a couple people processed in one week where normally it was taking two or three weeks. Their customer service people, when you get them on the phone, were very patient with you, understanding and very professional. I really like talking to them because it brings that personal touch, and when you're a small business, you need to shine. I've been very pleased with them recently.

There was a little hiccup in the beginning. I've been with them for about two years and the process is really small. During the summer, we had to verify some high school diplomas, but at that time, most high schools are out, so they didn’t have access to people to give them the answer they needed and so they had to take some different avenues which slowed it down a lot. But recently they didn’t have to do the high school thing and they came back in probably about a week, which is outstanding for a company that does background checks. I'd give them 100% on communicating with me. I'm working with them very closely. They're always doing it when it's time to do a problem or an issue and they're to the point. I've always used GoodHire and they’re excellent.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

Utilizing GoodHire to run background checks was pretty straightforward. All the information was relatively easy to access and they walked me through the process initially. Background checks are kind of a big pain and no one will enjoy doing them, but GoodHire was fine. It's great for small usage here and there, but it's been a little frustrating if you use it in mass like when you do 20 or 30. That’s the only real disappointment. It's not a good solution for running a whole bunch all at once.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

This is our first venture in using a background check service and our experience with GoodHire has been a good one. They are straightforward and I was able to complete everything online without having to jump through too many hoops. I called once to ask about a bulk discount if I needed to do 10 people and if there’s any price advantage for doing those all at once. I don’t think it was any cheaper to do that. They indicated that if I was doing greater quantities of people there would be but 10 was not enough to qualify for anything.

I called another time to check on the validity of driving record checks to confirm if it was 50-state check or not and they tried to answer the best they could. However I felt like there was still a little bit ambiguity because I don’t know if it was a true 50-state check. They told me that GoodHire doesn’t directly go out and check all 50 states. They said that each state is required to report to the other states. So it’s sort of a pass around sort of deal. It was something I really had to study up on to truly understand.

Also if I had four or five people to do at once there’s some duplication to the process to run through. I had to put in each person’s details when I could’ve just done multiple at once but there wasn’t a way for me to do that. I had to individually purchase and then, put in the person’s details and start all over, then purchase another one, put the credit card details and then put in the next person’s details. I hope I could just pay for five upfront then I can use up against that. But it has been easy using it and everything else has been working great.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I did some research online and I liked the reviews about GoodHire and they met the federal state laws. They have very competitive pricing and I felt like I was getting everything I needed. I work for two separate companies and use GoodHire on both. We're identifying candidates that are risks, knowing if there’s something we need to know felony-wise and we've hired people based on their background checks. It’s been great and pleasant and we’ll continue using them.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

We've been using GoodHire for five months now and so far, it's been good. It's simple, especially if you use computers and if you're used to any kind of CRM or web-based software. They flag the court things and do county checks for criminal backgrounds, which give us a broader picture of the individual.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

GoodHire was very detailed and everything was pretty quick.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I found GoodHire from a Google search and went with it considering the cost, among other factors. Using it has been fun, simple and easy to do. GoodHire has done what we needed it to do and customer service has been helpful. They answered and explained whatever questions we had. Overall, they’ve met our expectations

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

GoodHire is fast, efficient detailed, and user-friendly. Occasionally, I have had to call their customer service and they've always answered my questions. Working with them has been good.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

The person before me had GoodHire in place so I carried it on. It’s been easy to navigate and fast to utilize and my interaction with the customer service team has been fine. My account got messed up one-time by operator error, myself, and they fixed it for me pretty quickly. They were great and easy to work with in getting the information I need.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I’ve been using GoodHire for a few months now. I like that I’m able to enter information, or if I don’t have it or don’t have the time, I can allow the person to enter that information. If I enter something incorrectly, I contact the customer service team on the phone or through chat. They’re able to handle that for me and it has gone very well. I also like the ability to file the credits in bulk so that every time I run a background check, I don’t have to pay for it. I’ve had a great experience so far.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

We use GoodHire for background checks on pre-hiring our employees. It's self-explanatory on the website so it's easy to follow through. The information we were given was exactly what we needed. From what I have experienced, it has been useful, and they were easy to work with.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

In April this year, there was an HR conference in Utah and I came to know of GoodHire. We used a directory before but we started using GoodHire in May. It's super easy to use and it's more than what we have. It's convenient and it does the job.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

GoodHire's cost is reasonable and it's very simple to run a background check with them. I can request whatever I need and I don't have to pay for things I don't need. I've been using GoodHire for a couple of years now and they're a very easy company to work with. They meet our expectations and I'm very happy to be using them.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

Using GoodHire is easy. It has all the stuff laid out for you and you just have to fill in the information. Plus, the information we receive is acceptable and is sent in a timely manner. One time, one of our background checks was processing for a long time, but they were able to resolve that quickly. I like GoodHire. It's efficient and accurate.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I’ve only been with the company for about 60 days and it became part of my role as HR to review GoodHire. Typically, we outsource through ADP or another provider that usually handled all of our job postings or requisitions. I’m not used to having to go out of a system that you’re currently working in to access information, log in to a different system and a paid system at that, and the way the information was provided back to you and the timeliness. Usually, it takes between one and three days turnaround period through former sites that I’ve used. It’s a different process, new, very detailed and I like that the historical data is there if you need to access it at a later date. I would utilize it for personal use but not for professional. It’s convenient, especially for a smaller scale business but on a larger scale corporation, not so much.

GoodHire Company Information

555 Twin Dolphin Drive, Suite 200
Redwood City
888-906-4284
www.goodhire.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use