toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

GoodHire was simple to use. That was the primary reason is using it. It was easy utilizing GoodHire to run a background check. The instructions are detailed enough and the system met requirements. I was shocked by the experience in using GoodHire and I do enjoy the level of communication that if something’s going to take a little longer than usual I get an email that says that. I’ve never had to go back in to check on something myself to see what the status was. There’s a constant communication to let me know what’s happening and when the employee has to do their part. That definitely exceeded my expectations. Easy, affordable and I would definitely recommend them.

We did have one situation that was a little bit confusing. Amanda called because it had to do with a specific check that we were running, I believe. During that time, they had to ask her questions to confirm that indeed she was with the company. They told her that she could create her own log-in information, and she did, but what they didn’t tell her was that all of the credits that I put on there, she would no longer have access to. It took us a while to figure that out. So when she would log in, she didn’t have any credits on there and no way to do anything. Then she got a hold of me and I looked and of course, there were credits on there.

It wasn’t until another phone call to customer service that we were told that was incorrect. The way the customer service person explained it to her was that when they created her log-in they would link it to mine. I guess the assumption was there that it would be fully functional. So that’s been the only hiccup that we’ve had but other than that everything’s been great.

When I came to the company, they had been using GoodHire before. So, I just kept using them as well. Using GoodHire is easy. Everything is online and it’s really quick. Instructions are very detailed enough that I can follow through just fine. We always buy the same thing every time. So, if you used it a couple of times, you can go back online for another one and go zip, zip, zip and you’re done. It meets our expectations perfectly.

I had to call customer service recently because we had a pending drug screen result that had been out there for a few weeks. So, I called them to get the lowdown on why it’s still hadn’t come through as a final. They were able to determine the reason right away and correct it. They’re really good about email notifications and the other thing I like about them is they give an interim. You make your order and you know it’s going to take a little while before everything gets back. But in between the “Here’s your order.” confirmation email and the “Here’s your finished product.” email, they send updates. They say, “Hey, we’re just waiting on this.” They are fast and efficient.

GoodHire was one of the best background services available when I did some research. Their price point and reviews made me decide to use them. GoodHire is quick to learn, intuitive and it's a good product. One time, I accidentally entered the wrong information for a background check, so it locked up the account and then they reset it through the phone. They handled it extremely well and everything was positive with my experience with them. I'd still be using it today if I didn't have it for free through my ADP payroll services.

We've had GoodHire for so long and the interactions I've had with them went very well. Since we're a brand new startup company, they are the first background check company we've used. Technically, it's very easy to use GoodHire.

I read four different business magazines and GoodHire's name was mentioned somewhere, which was how I ended up doing the research on them. Running a background check with them has been fairly easy. Whenever I had questions, and I had a few, they were quick to respond and did not really mind going into more details about things that I didn’t understand. I had to reach out to them on three occasions because of me misinterpreting something and they were more than willing to answer my questions. Overall, everything was seamless and it worked out perfectly for me. I know that over the course of the next year or so when my company continues to grow, I have no reason to choose anybody else to do my background checks.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoodHire?

We went with GoodHire because of their pricing and integration with ZipRecruiter. This is the first time we used a background check company. It’s easy to use and I haven't had any issues with it. It does exactly what it needs to do and most of the time it runs a little bit faster than I expected it to. In the past, I expected to do a background check within four days but there's plenty of times where it's come up in 24 hours. The payment is on autopay. All I do is select the plan. We also have a reduced payment plan set up with GoodHire. I highly recommend it. It’s a good platform to use, simple and nice to look at.

We've used every background check company that existed out there. I wish I could use GoodHire everywhere but some of our clients require that we use certain background screen companies. They were not big on listing our recommendations but we use them for some of our biggest accounts and so far they've been great. I had email contact with my rep on getting some pricing for shortlist for that and they're definitely responsive. Also, my users all say that it's very user-friendly. The feedback has been very positive.

GoodHire has good ratings and it's easy to understand and to go through and I can do a background check quickly. It’s great and it's meeting the expectations. I've never had any issues in the 2 years that we’ve been doing background checks. All one has to do is to fill out the information and then GoodHire does all the work so it's a win-win. Others should definitely use them.

GoodHire's system works great and anytime I've had questions, I've been able to get in contact with somebody easily and get going again. I could not get the consent to work once and one of their customer service reps was able to fix it in minutes. Overall, my experience has been great, friendly and fast.

GoodHire is phenomenal and better than the company that we used before. Their pricing, detail and the time frame for us to get the reports back are better. They have better service all round and they have very knowledgeable customer service reps who get back to me in a very timely manner and dealt with any issues we had very quickly. GoodHire is easy to use, their platform is wonderful and their customer service is fantastic. They're a wonderful company to work with and I would recommend them to any business.

It's been a pretty good and quick process with GoodHire. I just fill in the information that we need. We haven't had any issues with any of the background checks and it has shown a red flag or two for some employees that we wouldn't have found elsewhere. Also, their turnaround time is fast, which is what we were looking for so we've been happy with them. What we're paying for is in line with what we're given and everything has been a good experience. We have no bad taste to our mouths from anything we've done with them.

We hired other background check companies before but they were not of the level that we needed. I did some research and decided to go with GoodHire. Their system is very easy and very intuitive. They were available when we called. We had a rep who was very responsive. The whole process turned out very well. We're continuing to use them as we hire more. We did all our employees initially and now we're continuing to use them whenever we hire a new employee. It's a requirement in our industry so this is an ongoing process for us.

I used Sterling where I worked before as an HR Manager, but given the size of this company, I opted to go with GoodHire. They're very easy to use and I like them. Their reports come out quickly and I like the form that they send over that we use. It's also easy to check everything and get everything filled out. They are awesome.

We use GoodHire to do a background check for our employees to make sure that they’re good and we’re not putting anybody into a job position which requires doing another background check. So at least we’re pre-screening them before handing them work with our other subs. GoodHire is simple and basic. Plus, I usually get a quick and accurate response from the program. If I have questions, I would call the customer service and they would help me right away. If I ask questions they’re unsure about, they would clarify it before getting back to me. They’re great and very knowledgeable. I’m very satisfied.

I was looking for a company and the name GoodHire got my attention out of five different companies that I got when I googled it. So far, my experience with GoodHire is good. I haven’t had any negative experience in running a background check. I’ve placed a couple of calls and cases we’ve made with slight errors but we got the issue corrected within minutes. I’m pleased with the results I’m getting. I like it. The price is also right as long as it stays the same.

GoodHire was highly recommended by a colleague. It's user-friendly, basic and easy to use. However, it's not as fast as promised. A check could be done in five to seven business days but usually ends up being a lot longer. But other than that, I don't have any complaints. It's decent and up to standards. Overall, I enjoy the program.

We looked at a couple of other background service providers here in California and the quality of GoodHire's service and their ability to drug test as well made us go with them. Using GoodHire to run a background check is incredibly easy. You just go online and their website walks you through. Going through the different pages was easy as well. And so, we were very pleased.

Once, we had a person who went to a college and we wanted to know what the results were. We were kind of impatient so I called GoodHire's customer service and asked if they have heard anything yet. Nevertheless, they were able to figure out the results for us. Overall, GoodHire has been a great service. I would recommend it to anybody as it seems to be a one-stop shop. It has the quality and controls in place to deliver a good product.

We started using GoodHire when our previous Director of Finance was here. The process has been very easy, straightforward and user-friendly. There were a couple of cases where we initiated a background check which we ended up having cancelled, but we talked to the customer service and it was always be a positive experience. Everything has been working perfectly fine for us.

GoodHire offered a discount since we have a huge group of people we push through. Running a background check has been easy. I had a hangup on one of the background checks and the customer service rep walked me through it and helped me push it through. Everything has been good so far.

Prior to GoodHire, we used other services and a lot of those businesses are no longer doing background checks. GoodHire has done a great job. They did everything I've ever asked. They couldn't get a response from the new employee in the last one that I sent in but that's not their problem. They pursued it and there's a documentation about it. We had problems with the logins and using the website so I contacted customer service and they've always been very helpful and following through to make sure that we were satisfied when it was all said and done. I'd refer them to anybody.

Running a background check with GoodHire usually goes really smooth and quick. They're really good about getting it back to me in time. I've also called about a few technical issues and they were able to fix that for me. They're great. I definitely would use them and recommend.

I Googled background check companies and really like GoodHire. It's very straightforward to use. I pick which package I want, pay for it, put in the contact information for the candidate and GoodHire sends the paperwork to them. Then, they get it back to me in one or two days.

Using GoodHire is a really seamless and stress-free process. The instructions are very clear, which is mostly just filling the information. I usually get the consent form signed when we do the orientation. GoodHire delivers on the products we’re looking for. The background check comes often in less than a day. Most of the time when I interact with the customer service side, it is to cancel the order, and they do. It’s the kind of product that you hope that other products will be like. It's the best at what it does. It does exactly what it says it’s going to do.

I got GoodHire through ZipRecruiter. Their background check was okay but there were a couple of cumbersome things that I didn't like. It was hard to get the authorization and the form in. Also, the people have to either sign for it or upload it and put it in there. It should be easier. Nevertheless, my experience with them has been good.

GoodHire is great and the customer service team is very sweet, prompt and all good. I had interaction with them to learn what do they do, what does that mean, their vernacular, so we’re getting the same idea of what we’re needing. GoodHire is an easy-breezy system to use and I really like it. I appreciate it because there are a lot of regulations that come our way and that we’re using an outside source for our background checks and everything especially our new hires.

Our experience with GoodHire was all good so far. We used a different system a long time ago but I like GoodHire better. They have better service and their system is easy to use. We like it. Their customer service reps were good too. We usually call if we have something we're concerned about and I'm happy with them.

When we were looking for a background check that's a little bit faster than what we had before, we found GoodHire on the internet. The turnaround time is excellent and it’s absolutely much better. Before, we used to have to wait quite a bit and then we were going through our own corporate company, which take at least within 24 to 48 hours. And if the person that we’re doing a background check on is out of the country, then it would take a little bit longer.

With GoodHire, it’s very easy to run the background check. We do it online and it operates well. My admin runs through the items and it has made her job a lot easier because it can all be done by computer. We receive e-mails if there’s an issue or a concern or if we need to give more information. The communication with GoodHire is really good. They’re very responsive to e-mail. Also, the background checks are always thorough so we appreciate the work that they’re doing.

My experience with GoodHire has been very easy. I utilize the chat a lot. Everything runs smoothly. I’m also amazed that it’s a very easy program to use. Their customer support has always been very helpful whenever I enter something wrong or something flags. They have a good response time.

I'm relatively new in my position and GoodHire is very simple and easy to use. We always order the general background check and we wanna make sure that the employee or applicant is not on the sexual registry or have committed any kind of real crimes that we need to know about. We do a basic log in, enter the employee's or applicant's first and last name and then we enter their credit card number. We enter the email address after the credit card number is processed. Within 24 hours, they give us a report stating whether the person is clear or if they have a hitch. If they're clear, we proceed with processing and if they have a hit, we look into it a little further because it could be traffic related or a crime from 10 years ago that's very minor.

We've been with GoodHire for three years now. We use their system once a month for background checks and as per my experience, we’ve never had a problem with them. Everything has been good.

GoodHire Company Profile