Call toll free
4.60/5
Based on 243 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

GoodHire is an employment background check that is built for trust and safety in the workplace. No matter what kind of business you are, when it comes to hiring a staff, you want to make sure you are hiring quality personnel. With GoodHire, you can rest assured that the results you receive will not only be accurate but secure as well. From personal background checks to employment background checks, GoodHire will help you find the best people for the job. Contact us today to learn more.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

390 GoodHire Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 20, 2018

These guys are great. I talked to one guy and he helped me with everything. It was a little annoying getting all the employees to do the stupid email thing ‘cause they didn't wanna do that. But apart from that, running a background check with GoodHire was easy. It had all the information we needed too. It was also pretty cheap so I’d go for that. I'd recommend it.

Get expert buying tips about Employment Screening Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 18, 2018

When we check references, we immediately do the background check using GoodHire and everything usually goes very smoothly. We only use them when we need to do an extensive background check and we generally get back results quickly. The GoodHire system works very well and we're pleased with it.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 14, 2018

Candidate I am interviewing admitted to a DUI. GoodHire was not report it in the "Traffic Violations Search" result. When I asked the CSR why, he explained Traffic Violations Search does not check any department of motor vehicle (DMV) records; rather, it only contains traffic issues reported to the National Criminal Databases. If you want DMV data, you "need to pay extra." I think this is misleading.

GoodHire response

Of course we’re disappointed that you are not fully satisfied with your background check. We strive to clearly communicate what is included in each background check on our website, and you can always contact us directly to discuss which packages best fit your employment screening needs. Motor Vehicle Records checks are an additional fee, which is listed on our pricing page here: https://www.goodhire.com/employment-screening/pricing.

Original review: June 8, 2018

We were originally going to the police department in town for background checks, however, it wasn't cost-effective so we went through a couple of different websites when I first started to find the one that met our needs. With GoodHire, it does the basic stuff that we needed to be done and then we could always add other searches to it later. It's very easy to operate. It doesn’t take very long to do anything at all and it lets you know when it's done.

Original review: June 7, 2018

The owner of the company used GoodHire to check on me and I used it to check on a prospective employee. It was very easy, thorough and I liked it. For the price ranges that they have which were very competitive and reasonable, they offered what I was looking for and provided me with what I needed in a timely manner. I would recommend them to anyone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoodHire?

Original review: June 6, 2018

GoodHire provided quick resolution to my concern or request. It was very easy to run a background check through them. And in times when the recipient on the other end doesn't fill out their information, GoodHire auto-credits me back or if I call they'll do it right away. GoodHire is a cheap and effective way to help me.

Original review: June 5, 2018

We're a call service company and we hire employees to be agents, and part of our mission is to hire people who may want a second chance. GoodHire has a place where the job candidates can provide information if there's something odd about their background and we were interested in that. We wanted to do our own background checks and, in fact, we didn’t select our HR provider or our payroll provider to do this because we wanted a more detailed thing. GoodHire was great in terms of the technology and using them to run a background check was seamless.

Original review: June 4, 2018

GoodHire was recommended to me by other companies that have been using it and we used them just based on their good reviews when we started doing background checks. It has been quick and easy to use. It operates well and I like that there's some automation that you can add with a lot of the applicant checking systems.

Original review: June 2, 2018

We liked GoodHire's advertised rate at the time so we went with them and we’ve had a good experience. GoodHire was able to provide the information that we needed and gave us different options as to how detailed we wanted to go, and they were reasonably priced too. We had to enter some basic information in the system and then, we had to provide an email address for the employee, who would get information that they would then approve so that we can continue with the process. In fact, we did request driving record inquiry on one of our potential employees and GoodHire identified some information for us that was crucial to our hiring decision in the capacity that they were being hired for. That was a very good information for us to have gotten. Overall, GoodHire provided a good service for us and they should be one of the companies that others should explore in making their hiring decisions.

Original review: June 1, 2018

GoodHire's system meets the expectations very well. I haven’t heard any complaints about it from prior users and I haven’t had any bad experience with them. It's really easy to do a background check through their website. It shows you the step-by-step and breakdown of everything, so that's really neat. Then there’s always a customer service rep that can help you out if you have any questions and they explain to you exactly what needs to be done. One time, a pop-up came up and I didn’t know how to proceed with that. So, I called their customer service rep and they told me the certain steps that I could take. I advised that to my boss and she told me how she wanted it to be done. So, they were super helpful and I would recommend them.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I found GoodHire on the internet. It was safe and convenient for what I was looking for at that time and I just stuck with it. My overall experience with them was good. For the first time, I utilized one of their background checks. It was an extended background check of educational and more county-related checks and they had hidden costs to do it. I talked to them about it but the charges were not from the but the schools. They charge $17 to give the information. It was like a third-party cost that wasn’t very clear. Nonetheless, they were very customer-friendly. They'd like to hear the feedback so they could make it more apparent in the future. Overall, it was a positive experience.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I've been using GoodHire since I joined the company I'm in about a year ago. Running a background check is really quick and easy. I love it. We have the new hire fill in everything here and just have GoodHire confirm it. The system is very user-friendly and self-explanatory. Moreover, every time I call customer service and tell them the problem that we’ve been having, they’re really good about getting us responses and helping us. And they’re very detailed. We’ve had a couple of issues with some background checks that take too long and they’ve been really good about giving us information about the background that we can’t see. Background checks take about three business days but right now we’re still waiting on one that has been going on for a month. Delays are usually caused by double-checking with the different counties that the person may have lived in. But overall we’ve had really a good experience with GoodHire.

Original review: May 28, 2018

GoodHire is a good company and their rates are reasonable. Their customer service representative made everything understandable and got me a plan together and submitted it to me. And I liked it, so I accepted it. Using GoodHire to run background checks is a matter of logging on to my account, putting all the added information in that I need to put in there, and then waiting for the result. And if an employee is clear, it takes 5 to 15 minutes. The delay comes into play if they found something wrong with the employee I’ve added. It takes them longer to look and get the result and everything. As far as getting the results back, GoodHire has a faster turnaround than the company I was using before. The system works great.

Original review: May 27, 2018

My agency used GoodHire prior to my getting into the position that I'm now in. Utilizing GoodHire to run a background check has been a user-friendly experience.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I’ve been at my current company for six months but I have had previous experience with other companies about background check service. This company wasn't really using any system and so, I put in GoodHire when I started working here and started using it mid-December. I especially like GoodHire's identity verification because it's one app on several of our other providers and they don’t all offer that. Everything seems to run smoothly and no issues except the slowness of the backgrounds in coming back. I’m on the sixth day waiting for a couple of it right now.

I have a coworker who also uses the system with me, and we both noticed that things get hung up in it. One day, I called GoodHire because it was taking so long for a background to get back and I was told that they’re reviewed before they’re posted. That review process sometimes takes a little bit longer and that’s where it’s getting hung up. I’m getting a lot of complaints from my hiring managers too about the time that it’s taking so it’s a big concern for us. It happened twice, but they're very responsive whenever I call and email them. I'm fairly pleased with them.

Original review: May 25, 2018

We had a background check committee and we listened to a few different companies. We felt GoodHire had the values we were looking for and that it was cost-effective as well. I really like how easy it is. It was very user-friendly and very self-explanatory when I got used to it. There have been a few times when I entered in the wrong email address and I simply used the chat button and their team got it fixed very quickly. It was very convenient. Overall, GoodHire has worked really well and met our expectation so far. We’re happy with them. They are definitely worth listening to and their service is definitely superior to others I have used.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I was researching background check companies and checking into them when I talked to one of GoodHire's salespeople. I liked what I heard and their pricing was good. In the beginning, I talked to Chad, the sales guy. He was very fluid and took care of everything. We set it up in the beginning because we needed to do all the employees and get ourselves caught up to pace. I put together a spreadsheet and sent it to him. We put it under one company that I ran three companies off. He loaded it in. Thereafter, I just put a code next to each one so I knew which center was in the background, so I could charge the center the correct amount of money.

Since then, using their service has been easy. I just plug in the numbers and go from there. Once I’ve set up the link, then it’s relatively easy to put in. I’m familiar with how these things work so I'm comfortable with it. While billing has been relatively simple, the problem that we have from the point of view of franchise operations is that I can’t negotiate for all of the franchisees in the area as bulk-billing because of the way the consumer background is set up. It’s gonna be with the individual business. That’s a bit of an impediment because normally when I do something like this, I would do it for the whole area. I also talked to the franchise about whether or not we should do it for the country. Nevertheless, I’ve told each of the other franchisees that GoodHire is a good company and that they should talk to Chad.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I was trying to find a company that was more economical in doing background checks because we have a high turnover rate and I've just set up an account with GoodHire. So far, our interactions with the customer service reps at GoodHire have been pretty good. But I'm still confused and unsure about the national background database. If I'm going to accounting, that's where the cost is mainly poor and it varies, depending on where I go. But when it comes to a national database search, every place is a lot cheaper, so it might not be that accurate. The background check is complicated and I'd like to know how accurate GoodHire's system is, what it services, and how it compares or differs with something that always has options to choose from, like adding different points of search such as a Social Security trace.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I was utilizing a background check service provider but I didn’t like the way they were handling the Fair Credit Reporting Act. I switched to GoodHire and it's cleaner and easier to use. I love the online experience of setting up clients and the ease of clients being able to go in and run the posting and right in line in what we need to do. Also, I have an account rep that I speak to whenever I need anything and he's a great guy. He's always on the spot. I'm very happy with GoodHire and I've had a good experience. I'd recommend them.

Original review: May 17, 2018

One of the tasks that I got in my company was to look for a background check provider that would work for us, so I did a Google search and looked around a lot. GoodHire's customer service was good. The reps gave us information that we needed to know and we could get back to them in a timely manner and vice versa. We're now trying to use them as an alternative for a different type of background check run by a national agency and the idea was that we had to add, integrate, and use a background check provider as a part of that. Our experience with GoodHire has been good.

Original review: May 16, 2018

GoodHire has been everything we've needed so far to run a background check. But the process could be better since it lists way too much stuff. Other than that, our interaction with the customer service at GoodHire has been fine.

Original review: May 14, 2018

GoodHire is super easy to use. The response back is quick and it integrates directly with our HRIS system. So when we wanna hire someone, we just initiate it through there. And then, the potential employee fills out their information. Also, their customer service reps have all been courteous and helpful. I’d recommend GoodHire. It’s a good and useful tool.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I've used GoodHire previously in another company. It was pretty straightforward. The expectation of the company was met at that time. I looked at some reviews and saw that GoodHire is a B corp and they focus on medical practices. And they have a simple user interface. However, it was a little bit more expensive than some of the other competitors. Nevertheless, based on my experience, I repeated using GoodHire.

Original review: May 12, 2018

GoodHire was the vendor that we used when I started. It did a pretty good job and was easy to use. Basically, I just log in, choose the services that I want, put in some basic information of the person and then, submit it.

Original review: May 11, 2018

GoodHire gets the job done. They do what they said they're gonna do and the system is fine. Using them to run a background check has been pretty seamless too. It’s all kind of self-driven. You just send through all of your information and pick the level of the check that you want, and that’s pretty much it.

Original review: May 11, 2018

GoodHire offered ease of use. There was a list of information that we needed to get from the potential hire and then we put it in. 72 hours later, we got an update based on the parameters of what we chose to do the background check on. The system worked appropriately. Also, the sales representative at the very beginning was super easy to connect with. He explained to me how the process would work and made it really simple. Overall, it was definitely a positive experience.

Original review: May 10, 2018

We've been using GoodHire since before I started in my position in the company and it's easy to use. It is $30 and it's for a basic thing. The interface looks nice and the experience was quick. If GoodHire sounds like something people have wanted then they should check it out.

Original review: May 9, 2018

It seems to take a very long time to get a complete response back from GoodHire and when I get the partial back, it's incomplete and needs more information. The employee I was performing the background check for has since been hired and fired faster than I have gotten a response from GoodHire which is still incomplete 4 weeks later.

GoodHire response

Of course we’re disappointed that you weren’t satisfied with our turnaround times. In an effort to respond to your review, we’ve looked into your account and see that your most recent purchase did, in fact, take longer than normal. Upon further investigation, we discovered that additional information was required from the candidate, and several follow-up emails were sent, but were not responded to in a timely manner.

We understand your frustration and would like to reaffirm our commitment to supporting our customers. As such, we are adding a free standard report to your account so that your next candidate background check is free. If you have any further needs, please reach out directly at https://www.goodhire.com/contact-us.

Original review: May 9, 2018

We were trying to find a background check service company and GoodHire came up in several Google recommendations. Our dealings with them have all been online and I haven't had to call anybody there. I submitted everything online, then we got the answers back. The process of utilizing GoodHire to run a background check was super easy. The only thing was that we had to send out an email to the applicants and they had to verify if the report was okay before it would be issued. Sometimes, if they didn't check their email or it went to their spam folder, we didn't get a quick enough response.

But that should have been something that we were taking care of before we initiated a contact appointment with them. When they applied for a job with us, they allowed us to gather information on them as long as it was upfront with them. We could possibly have run a background check to get to a point and there shouldn't have been second and third consent forms waiting.

An IR is social security information in the DMV record and looking into it isn't criminal. We are an auto company, so we would like to make sure that our employees are able to drive and there is no social security issue for which we can't hire them. There was nothing that was disappointing in our experience with GoodHire. Their process was a little slower than I anticipated. But now, moving forward, I know that it's something that I can overcome easily.

Original review: May 8, 2018

It's required through Yale University that we use GoodHire for our guys to work on the job site. GoodHire works very well and everything is good.

GoodHire expert review by ConsumerAffairs

GoodHire is a US based employment screening company with services for businesses and individuals in industries across the board. Their customized services help employers make educated hiring decisions while protecting the privacy and secure information of candidates. Candidates are always treated respectfully, and their background checks are administered efficiently.

• Customizable: Employers have the option to choose from one of several predefined screening packages, or they can create their own customized background check. You can adjust your screening process as your business and its needs change.

• TrueMe for job candidates: Job candidates can stay a step ahead of potential employers by completing their own TrueMe background checks with GoodHire. Once your background check is complete, you will be sent a secure URL that can be posted directly on your resume, applications, social media profiles and/or job boards. GoodHire ensures that only verified employers can request access to your link, and you have the final say in granting access, keeping your information secure.

• Challenge errors: TrueMe reports allow individuals to add comments for previous behavior. They also have built-in tools that allow individuals to fix mistakes before they head to an interview and have an employer run a background check.

• Up-front pricing: Pricing  for pay-per-check is upfront and available on their website, making it easy for employers to decide which packages and options to choose based on their cost. View sample results for every package so you know what to expect. For high volume and customized needs, simply fill out a form online to receive a customized quote.

• HR tech integration: GoodHire has teamed up with leading HR tech companies to deliver integrated employment screening on your timeline. If your HR firm isn’t currently integrated with GoodHire, simply let them know.

• Best for: GoodHire is best for businesses and individuals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs