GoodHire

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I like GoodHire's ease in terms of their process, their web presence and their competitive pricing. Running a background check with them has been very easy and we like the turnaround time. They meet our expectations and we’re very satisfied.

We really like GoodHire. It’s pretty easy to understand and to work through. For the most part, we just kinda look for general background check information. And it’s nice that they have options that you can add on more things but it does get expensive when you tack on motor vehicle check and things like that. The only thing is it takes about three to four days to get the results back. It gives us a certain date and sometimes it’s on the day which is a little further back or sometimes it’s before but it would be nicer if it came faster. Other than that, our experience has been pretty easy and simple.

From what I've experienced over the last few months, GoodHire has provided us with good service. Once we know we're going to hire an employee, we have them provide us with some basic information such as their email and full address. We then go through GoodHire's reports and tell them what checks we want them to run. It's also nice that they give you an option, as the employer, to question something if you see something on there that is questionable, and okay it if there nothing really concerning you. They also send out notices to the prospective employee as to what they have to do. It's really easy to use, on our side and on the prospective employees' side. I've only had two calls to their customer service reps and both have been very good and very helpful. They're a one-stop shop, like arranging drug tests and such, which is really nice.

The previous office manager used GoodHire. It is very easy and simple to use and the instructions are very detailed. Their customer service is great. They answered all my questions and they were very helpful. My experience was fine overall.

I liked the easy-to-use system that GoodHire has. I just put in the candidate’s name and personal email. It sends the confirmation, gets the candidate's consent to their personal email, and then they take it upon themselves to fill out the paperwork. Then I receive a confirmation that it’s processing, which takes about four days. When I signed up, the credit wasn’t adjusting properly to what I was told over the phone and on email. Their customer service team was very helpful and worked really well with me to make sure the pricing is correct. It’s pretty much great service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoodHire?

GoodHire is great and exceptional. It's quicker, cheaper and more responsive than the previous provider I used plus it is extremely easy to use. Its system operated better than I expected. Their customer service team was professional, prompt and knowledgeable. They will also research quickly and get back to me if I have a question.

We used CriminalWatchDog before but GoodHire is more efficient and I like the fact that it requires permission from the candidate. It’s also easy to use and customize by adding a preference text. It has a very simple interface, protects the candidates more plus the system operates well.

It’s super easy to use GoodHire. There are detailed instructions and an explanation as to how to run the process. It’s an easy one-two-three step and it doesn’t take very long to get a result back. Working with their customer service has been great. I had a candidate that wasn’t receiving the e-mails from GoodHire. It was going to her spam. So we got it cleared up with customer service. They called me right back within 30 minutes. Overall, it was a great experience.

I've had a great experience with GoodHire. They’re easy to deal with and the process is very user-friendly. Everything has been fine and even if I had to call them for any issue, they resolved it instantly. They are very friendly, courteous and professional, as well. Running a background check is easy, too. Depending on the individual, background checks can come in anywhere from 20 minutes to a week and a half but for the most part, they're quick.

We used Emerge USA Intel before but GoodHire is so much better. It is insanely easy and fast to run a background check. I just put in the prospective employee's name and e-mail address, then they do everything else, and they tell me when the report is done. It's amazing. It's the most seamless process I've ever been through, and it's definitely meeting and exceeding expectations.

I was doing some online research regarding some of the better companies to use for very fast and accurate background check results and GoodHire came up. So I did a little bit more research and some reference checking and I liked what I found. I started using them and have been very happy and satisfied ever since. In the past, I used to send in a physical form to a candidate to complete for drugs screening because it was required by state and the background check company that we used to use. By the time I complete the paperwork for the employer and then the employee information, I'd go to the mailbox to physically mail the custodian chain form and it's just too much. But with GoodHire being completely electronic and automating every single aspect of the process, it saves me about 45 minutes which is amazing.

Compared to the other background check companies I've used, GoodHire is very different and customized to my needs. I love the customer service and they answered my questions. Also, the automated approach is what matters to me and the time-saving aspect of it. I can rely on them to do a background check within three to five business days, no matter what. And they give me an update on what's going on that is always bar none. Sometimes I have to leave a message for GoodHire for somebody to get back to me or one of my team members, and that happens very quickly with a good and accurate response. However, the personalization component is missing where you have a dedicated person you go to and you have an account manager that you establish a relationship with.

Otherwise, GoodHire has probably been the easiest process I've ever undergone through, and I've been in human resources for over 13 years now. I've really enjoyed the accuracy, the response rate, and the ability to view reports. I just did training on GoodHire for my team last week and my HR team absolutely loves GoodHire and is looking forward to working with them and recommending them to their network as well.

GoodHire was simple to use. That was the primary reason is using it. It was easy utilizing GoodHire to run a background check. The instructions are detailed enough and the system met requirements. I was shocked by the experience in using GoodHire and I do enjoy the level of communication that if something’s going to take a little longer than usual I get an email that says that. I’ve never had to go back in to check on something myself to see what the status was. There’s a constant communication to let me know what’s happening and when the employee has to do their part. That definitely exceeded my expectations. Easy, affordable and I would definitely recommend them.

We did have one situation that was a little bit confusing. Amanda called because it had to do with a specific check that we were running, I believe. During that time, they had to ask her questions to confirm that indeed she was with the company. They told her that she could create her own log-in information, and she did, but what they didn’t tell her was that all of the credits that I put on there, she would no longer have access to. It took us a while to figure that out. So when she would log in, she didn’t have any credits on there and no way to do anything. Then she got a hold of me and I looked and of course, there were credits on there.

It wasn’t until another phone call to customer service that we were told that was incorrect. The way the customer service person explained it to her was that when they created her log-in they would link it to mine. I guess the assumption was there that it would be fully functional. So that’s been the only hiccup that we’ve had but other than that everything’s been great.

A company we partner with was using GoodHire first and we took their advice to use it. Using it to run a background check couldn't be easier. It's user-friendly, has detailed instructions and goes well beyond our expectations.

The process of utilizing GoodHire for a background check was straightforward. You ask for the information, input some information and click send. We had our change of hands with who was doing the background check secretary-wise and we had some of our credits expire. I called the company and they gave us back all of those that expired, which was good.

Using GoodHire is super easy. Instructions are the perfect amount and they're not too confusing. I called customer service once and the rep got everything resolved for me immediately. I get the background checks within 24 to 48 hours and my experience has been really easy and awesome.

We were searching around and GoodHire felt like the best fit for us to go with. Using GoodHire has been super easy, quick and very limited work for us and the employee that has to fill it out, so it's been good. Their customer service answered all my questions and helped me get set up. It's been a great system and we're very pleased.

We use GoodHire to do background checks for all of our new hires for our teaching staff. Running a background check takes moments and it is very easy. Once I've done one, I can do a ton of them. It's great, fabulous and I love it. If one of my instructors doesn't respond fast enough, they send me an email telling me that I need to send them a reminder. I'm very satisfied with GoodHire. They are a very quick, efficient, and reliable company.

I've had a really good experience with GoodHire. The company that I worked for used GoodHire from the beginning. It's extremely user-friendly online and every time I've had an issue, I would call them and they've been able to resolve it right away. My biggest concern about them is when it says that it'll be there in four days, it’s there five days later. But it hasn’t happened too many times. Most of the time I've got it within 48 hours or less. The system has met the expectations quite well. Their customer service has been very good and extremely helpful. Overall, GoodHire is quick and professional.

We’ve used other providers before and compared to them, GoodHire is more detailed and using it to run a background check is fairly easy. The other company gives results immediately, while GoodHire takes a little while, but it’s more thorough. I had a couple of glitches operating the system but overall it runs well. Their customer service is getting better with their quicker response. Overall, our experience has been improving all the time.

I started working here about six months ago and they were using this service before my time. We don't use it that often. I've only used GoodHire once in my six months. It was easy operating it. I did everything online. Overall, it was great and it was quick. It totally meets what we need. We're not looking for a lot. We got six employees. We don't hire and fire very often.

When I came to the company, they had been using GoodHire before. So, I just kept using them as well. Using GoodHire is easy. Everything is online and it’s really quick. Instructions are very detailed enough that I can follow through just fine. We always buy the same thing every time. So, if you used it a couple of times, you can go back online for another one and go zip, zip, zip and you’re done. It meets our expectations perfectly.

I had to call customer service recently because we had a pending drug screen result that had been out there for a few weeks. So, I called them to get the lowdown on why it’s still hadn’t come through as a final. They were able to determine the reason right away and correct it. They’re really good about email notifications and the other thing I like about them is they give an interim. You make your order and you know it’s going to take a little while before everything gets back. But in between the “Here’s your order.” confirmation email and the “Here’s your finished product.” email, they send updates. They say, “Hey, we’re just waiting on this.” They are fast and efficient.

GoodHire is the one we use for the background provider. Everyone there is really nice, friendly and knowledgeable. It's an easy process. We don't have the client log in on their phone to complete the information themselves, instead, we take it upon our self to complete the information. It's usually faster than 24 hours but the inconvenience is usually around the authorization form from the client in which background check is regarding and if it hadn't been reviewed, I'd call GoodHire and then the service rep will get that expedited and reviewed so that it gets completed as soon as possible. Their system is very user-friendly and they have quick turn time so overall, I'm very happy.

GoodHire was one of the best background services available when I did some research. Their price point and reviews made me decide to use them. GoodHire is quick to learn, intuitive and it's a good product. One time, I accidentally entered the wrong information for a background check, so it locked up the account and then they reset it through the phone. They handled it extremely well and everything was positive with my experience with them. I'd still be using it today if I didn't have it for free through my ADP payroll services.

We've had GoodHire for so long and the interactions I've had with them went very well. Since we're a brand new startup company, they are the first background check company we've used. Technically, it's very easy to use GoodHire.

I read four different business magazines and GoodHire's name was mentioned somewhere, which was how I ended up doing the research on them. Running a background check with them has been fairly easy. Whenever I had questions, and I had a few, they were quick to respond and did not really mind going into more details about things that I didn’t understand. I had to reach out to them on three occasions because of me misinterpreting something and they were more than willing to answer my questions. Overall, everything was seamless and it worked out perfectly for me. I know that over the course of the next year or so when my company continues to grow, I have no reason to choose anybody else to do my background checks.

We went with GoodHire because of their pricing and integration with ZipRecruiter. This is the first time we used a background check company. It’s easy to use and I haven't had any issues with it. It does exactly what it needs to do and most of the time it runs a little bit faster than I expected it to. In the past, I expected to do a background check within four days but there's plenty of times where it's come up in 24 hours. The payment is on autopay. All I do is select the plan. We also have a reduced payment plan set up with GoodHire. I highly recommend it. It’s a good platform to use, simple and nice to look at.

We've used every background check company that existed out there. I wish I could use GoodHire everywhere but some of our clients require that we use certain background screen companies. They were not big on listing our recommendations but we use them for some of our biggest accounts and so far they've been great. I had email contact with my rep on getting some pricing for shortlist for that and they're definitely responsive. Also, my users all say that it's very user-friendly. The feedback has been very positive.

GoodHire has good ratings and it's easy to understand and to go through and I can do a background check quickly. It’s great and it's meeting the expectations. I've never had any issues in the 2 years that we’ve been doing background checks. All one has to do is to fill out the information and then GoodHire does all the work so it's a win-win. Others should definitely use them.

GoodHire's system works great and anytime I've had questions, I've been able to get in contact with somebody easily and get going again. I could not get the consent to work once and one of their customer service reps was able to fix it in minutes. Overall, my experience has been great, friendly and fast.

GoodHire is phenomenal and better than the company that we used before. Their pricing, detail and the time frame for us to get the reports back are better. They have better service all round and they have very knowledgeable customer service reps who get back to me in a very timely manner and dealt with any issues we had very quickly. GoodHire is easy to use, their platform is wonderful and their customer service is fantastic. They're a wonderful company to work with and I would recommend them to any business.

GoodHire Company Profile