toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

We've been with GoodHire for three years now. We use their system once a month for background checks and as per my experience, we’ve never had a problem with them. Everything has been good.

In our company, GoodHire works perfectly. I've only used it a handful of times but it's very convenient. It offers pretty well with all the information for what they had set. We get the information from our new employees and then we submit that form to GoodHire. We put in all of the pertinent information that's confidential. It's quite simple, and takes three to five days to sometimes a few hours. It really depends on the person. In addition, we have a choice of three different types of background checks we want to make. The depth depends on one's needs, and then we can add things ala carte if we need to. Their customer service team has been very helpful. We can communicate with them in multiple ways like through the shop or through email.

The GoodHire website is very easy to maneuver and the system works for me. I print out a report and stick it in the personnel file. They also give us plenty of options and provide us with the information that we need. Overall, my experience with them has been very easy and no muss, no fuss.

Everything’s been great with GoodHire. Using it to run a background check has been very easy. Everything is done online and it's connected to our ATS, so we know exactly where we are, which is helpful. The system meets expectations. GoodHire's customer service representatives have been very helpful on chat.

We haven't used GoodHire in a long time, but when we used them, we had to submit the form online using the employee authorization form and we would order the background check and then they would send it back. The time it took for them to send back the actual background check depended on where the employee was located. Overall, we're happy with GoodHire.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoodHire?

GoodHire was already in use in the company when I began. To run a background check using GoodHire, we have to log in, enter the information, and then upload the consent form. The customer service team at GoodHire has been very helpful with everything. We had an employee who was a minor but we didn't realize when it came in, and so we put a search for her. They had to refund us for the process that we started, and it took 5 minutes. I didn't have to wait at all.

Using GoodHire to run background checks has been pretty seamless. It's the reason that we keep it around. It's online, easy, and they inform us right away when they've got the results. Their customer service team has also been really helpful. There was a misspelling on one of the person’s last name which came up with a red flag and they were able to just change the spelling and rerun it.

GoodHire is relatively easy to use. I call them if I have any questions and they are able to walk me through. That's always been really good. They're great and we like them.

GoodHire has been good. We had no problems at all when we used it to do a background check. It was very easy to use and I would recommend it.

We do a lot of work with multinational corporations who, for the longest time, just dragged us along and then all of the sudden these new regulations came their way. So they said that we have to get background checks and we said okay. It’s usually a snap to use GoodHire to run background checks but increasingly hard to find exactly what we need with a couple of particular items. GoodHire has a very good follow-up on their customer service and if I have a question, the staff gets right back. It's very easy to navigate once I get in touch with them.

I first heard about GoodHire through my co-worker. It was easy to use when running a background check but I still need more experience yet I didn't have a problem. I had a good experience with GoodHire.

Our experience with GoodHire has been friendly and fast. Our volunteer coordinator uses the system more and she likes it. She’s never had a problem. She said it's very easy to use and usually we receive a background check in a couple of days.

Resolution In Progress

GoodHire

Thank you for your feedback, Shane - we take your comments very seriously. We apologize for the delays you experienced in turnaround times. We work very hard to deliver results as quickly as possible, especially for those counties with a history of needing extra time. But, we'll be using this example internally to see where we can find additional improvements to our service and response times. As a GoodHire customer, you have a dedicated Account Manager whom you can contact anytime. If you need further help, please reach out at https://www.goodhire.com/contact-us

Original review: March 30, 2017

GoodHire's website has been very easy to use. If I have to send an adverse action, it is well spelled out and easy to follow. However, the estimated delivery day that they provide has led to losing candidates because by the time it clears, they've already found something different. Although this has everything to do with the candidate's history and whether or not they have lived in multiple addresses rather than GoodHire. However considering their cost and from some of the stuff that we’ve looked at recently, I think we can find a better deal.

GoodHire is what we are looking for and their price is better. We needed somebody that can run a whole batch of names and we didn't have to enter each one individually and pay individually. We dealt with one guy and he was very helpful. I contact him if I have a few questions regarding results. It worked out well for us.

We were using a different background service but we weren't happy with it. I did some Google research on companies that were suggested and came across GoodHire. There was a lot of reviews from people who had already used them and had good things to say so I got GoodHire's service. I really like GoodHire. It's very easy utilizing them to run background checks. I also like that they keep everything for me such as the sign and consent form. If I have a paper form that could get misplaced, everything would be easily accessible. Also, I had to call once and their reps were great. It didn't take me too long to get in touch with someone and they were really prompt with their service. I am very happy with their customer service and I'd definitely recommend GoodHire.

I got on the internet and saw the reviews on GoodHire, different companies recommended them. I got on the chat line with them and they were really good. They’ve been very helpful and took care of my problems right away. They’re very fast and efficient. I get an email notifying me that one of my staff did get ahold of them and that they were in the process of processing them. Then, I get another email saying that the process was done. The whole process is so easy and user-friendly.

GoodHire was what our company used right when we started. It's a good website to use and it's very fast. It was easy to learn how to use the background check. They only taught me one time and then by the second time, I did it by myself. They also gave us options: the person could do the background and fill out the information or we can do it, which we most likely do. Also, when we needed a refund, we got it right away. So, everything has been going good with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm fairly new to the company that's using GoodHire, but it's really easy, simple and straightforward. There haven't been any hiccups and it's fine.

It's super easy to use GoodHire to run a background check and we love it. We needed to do background check on all our current reports and the security is a good feature for our clients. Now, we need to do it going forward. It happens really quickly because we're just doing basic background check so it's great. Also, I talked to somebody and they were really helpful. I felt a little weird because it wasn't the traditional way that we usually do background check. It was purely what's in front of me and it's like a boss. It was really helpful talking to them since it calmed any anxieties I had.

Resolution In Progress

GoodHire

We apologize for both the delay and the confusing results. Upon closer investigation, we found two errors - one with how the candidate's prior employer reported the candidate's employment status originally, and the second with how our data provider reported that information back to us. We also clearly hear your frustration with the level of support you received from our team and would like to reaffirm our deep commitment to supporting our customers. As such, we are adding credit into your account so that your next candidate reference check is free. We will also discuss this case specifically, during our monthly audit with our data provider, to find new ways to ensure this type situation doesn't happen again. If you have any further needs, please reach out directly at https://www.goodhire.com/contact-us

Original review: March 23, 2017

I did my own extensive internet research and GoodHire had really good reviews for a small company. It also seemed very simple to use and there weren't any hidden fees. So, I really like that and the candidate portal. When I call them there's always someone there ready to help. So, the front end was good but not so much when I have an inquiry that I needed them to look into. That piece was not the greatest. The time that it took for them to get back was a little bit longer.

I had an experience where a background check just came in. There weren't any notes about an appointment verification piece and it's something that should have been flagged or it should have alerted me to see what was going on there. So there was inconsistency in terms of what was noted and reported. GoodHire should have added notes as to why there was no end date provided. They marked it as clear when it wasn't clear. The candidate see the same thing that I see. So if I haven't paid attention they will get it back and everything was clear. They're not going to look into and see what's going on. But if I'm going to take some extreme measures or not considering the person for employment which is what we're looking at, that needs to be noted somewhere by GoodHire.

So, when I called to follow-up, none of the reps could help me because it got passed on to different reps. I had to speak to four reps in order to get it escalated. It just took a lot of my time. I didn't like that because the person on the line should have looked into it and taken the initiative to take it one step further. We're relying on them to give me this data and the information provided was questionable. So now, I'm not 100% confident in what they're providing me. But, I'm satisfied. It just happened to be this one thing is very important.

My employers used GoodHire for several years. I like the online, it's user-friendly and very easy to get the reports from the dashboard. Also, all representatives have been great, very helpful, friendly, nice and knowledgeable. So, overall experience was very good.

I decided to use GoodHire because of the ease of using their website. The dashboard was one of the biggest thing. We demoed a couple of them and they were really intuitive. We use them for pre-employment checks. We used the minimum or the basic ones as some of the basic things were all we needed. Also, we're looking for a kind of national criminal check. The system works great. The customer service team has been great, too. They were prompt and responsive if we have questions and as far as getting back to me. One of the guys though probably followed up a little bit too much. I would get a call from him about every three days. It's a little bit annoying but nothing that I wouldn't recommend.

GoodHire was much easier to use and had the same inclusions as the other providers. Also, they were a little bit cheaper. It's been pretty good so far and the only slight hiccup is you don't really know when to do the Fair Credit Reporting Act until you suddenly go to check off and that you've done it on the report already. So it would be really helpful to have an alert to do that before you start a report. It was also hard to find the bulk pricing link. But otherwise, the reports are done pretty quickly and are easy to read. I'm pretty happy with GoodHire and I would recommend it.

I saw GoodHire online because I’d been looking for a while. I called them up and liked what they had to say, and a year after that they've been unbelievable. When I started with them, the paperwork that I had wasn’t what they required or needed. We’ve had it switched over and got that done because I had a lot to do. Everybody I talk to up there has been so helpful. I like the fact that I can call and talk to them, and I can get them. And that’s the biggest thing.

This is my first experience with a background check company and I like that GoodHire has a similar product compared to others at a lesser cost. I had a very streamlined experience and GoodHire was exactly what I was asking for. Everyone came back clean, and I presume everyone was clean. Their reps were very good, friendly, positive, knowledgeable and they answered my questions. Overall, it was fast and extremely easy to use. I would absolutely recommend this to other businesses. GoodHire satisfied all my needs.

GoodHire's website looked good. There were also good reviews and it seemed simple and affordable, so I went with it. Running a background check was simple, efficient, and a great experience overall. Everything went smoothly. It was easy to use, very helpful and was a great service.

I used the National Background Check before and the service was like a USA backgrounder but I needed a service that is a little more extensive. I had to have a seven-year country background check for a facility so I Googled who does that and found GoodHire. Using them was pretty easy and I had no problems. It's a good service and the system met my expectations.

Using GoodHire is super easy, fast and efficient. It’s perfect and it’s exactly what we need. I had two interactions with their reps and they were right on top of the issue. They fixed my problem right away. I love their service.

GoodHire has a quicker turnaround time than ADP's background check service and they have a streamlined process. On the other hand, I was hoping to see a little bit more thorough background check between the two, but I haven’t really seen that. There's one instance when we had a social security number that was not matching up so I called them and the response was very canned. The second time I called, they looked into it a little bit more and that's when they were able to get to the bottom of what's going on.

GoodHire is a program that we used once I started working here. Using it to run a background check has been great. It's self-explanatory and has easy steps to navigate through the system. Overall, it's been pretty good with GoodHire.

GoodHire Company Profile