Call toll free
4.59/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

GoodHire is an employment background check that is built for trust and safety in the workplace. No matter what kind of business you are, when it comes to hiring a staff, you want to make sure you are hiring quality personnel. With GoodHire, you can rest assured that the results you receive will not only be accurate but secure as well. From personal background checks to employment background checks, GoodHire will help you find the best people for the job. Contact us today to learn more.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

468 GoodHire Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

We work for a wealth management company so we’re looking for specific information to verify that there’s nothing amidst in people’s history that would prevent us from being good stewards of people’s money. We've been using GoodHire, and it works fine and seems to meet our expectation.

Get expert buying tips about Employment Screening Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Our boss who is the owner was using GoodHire previously then he asked me to do it when he needed somebody to start running those. Using it is easy. We get an employee that we wanna hire, then we let them know that we’re gonna do a background check. Depending on the specifications on them, we don't need much if it's for an admin but if it’s a technician, we need a lot of the drug testing in case something goes wrong. It’s very user-friendly which I really like. It works and it’s perfect. It’s a good fit. We had interacted with Bree before from their customer service and she was excellent. Any questions I had, she would be right on it and answer my emails immediately. We can get the results from GoodHire in a reasonable amount of time. If somebody fills it out, the results are quick, but it takes a little longer depending on the person answering the questions and the candidate.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I've used a different background check service provider before which was a mom-and-pop so it was a bit more expensive. To save on cost, I decided to go with GoodHire. I just click a couple of boxes and input a name and an email address. I already have packages selected that I’ve talked to them about that I would commonly use, so I just click the package. There are some things that I don’t really know as far as addition or extras that I could add on. Other than that, it’s easy to use.

At the beginning, their reps would just reach out a lot and I felt like I got emailed by a lot of different people, and it turned me off from the service. If I need something, I’d rather reach out to them and ask. I didn’t use the service at first and I stopped getting contacted by people. But then, GoodHire charge my card whenever I have a bill due which was unclear. I got an invoice that said it needed to be paid but I thought I had settled that so that I didn’t have to worry about paying invoices manually. When I reached out to them, the person who had originally contacted me told me that she was no longer my account manager and made me feel a little weird for even calling her. But it was the only contact number that I had so that was a little confusing. Nevertheless, I would recommend GoodHire.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

We use GoodHire for our background check service provider and the cost is less. It is easier to navigate as well. I used 10 other services including Tenant Data in the past four years, and GoodHire is by far the quickest response time. We get results back faster than any of the other service. There’s no reason for us to use anybody else at this point. There was once instance when we had to interact with their customer service team and the issue was that the prospective hire just never accepted the background check. They have to click on, “Okay,” but they never did. We didn’t know that and they thought they did, but they got the result quick too.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

We've had a good experience running background checks through GoodHire. We're getting adequate information from them. I’ve been trying to purchase bulk background checks for a few weeks now and I keep getting an error message, but I'll figure it out.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoodHire?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I would recommend GoodHire. We researched, looked at several options and the pricing too. There was another competitor that was similar in their service, but GoodHire beat them on the price. It wasn’t a huge amount, but it was enough. One of the main things that we found about them that made us go with them was that all the information was gonna be handled through their website and then we wouldn’t have to handle any information ourselves. All we had to do was provide the email address to them for the potential employee, and then they took care of everything from there.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

The company that we were with was like an older corporate, not very well-organized company that did a lot of stuff offshore, and there were a lot of response rate issues. That company had a bit more of a stodgy, outdated feeling, and I was concerned about having that experience again, so we looked for another option. I did a search for background check companies and then I asked some people and got a bunch of recommendations. We were trying out two companies but I wanted to go with GoodHire because I had read some great things. Also, I really liked the look of GoodHire. When I saw their website, it jumped out to me as being clean and fresh and everything I saw there made me think that they were the answer to all of the issues that we had with the old company.

The GoodHire rep who gave us the presentation was awesome but then he handed us over to a person who was gonna be our account manager. They were great when we worked with them. They were really nice, friendly, and accommodating. But we were trying to do a smooth transition from our previous company where we had the same sort of packages already set up without having to customize so much. And when we tried to do that with GoodHire, we had a hard time coming up with things that were gonna tick all the boxes we needed.

Then, when we ran our first one, something happened that either had to do with the amount of time it was taking or with us trying to make sense of what the package or the test was called. And when we reached out to the account manager, it took a bit of time and we were disappointed. We called and left a message and then from the email, we might have gotten an out-of-office message. Then we were like, “What do we do now?" because that was our point of contact and the first time we were reaching out to them. It felt like a roadblock but then ultimately, we were able to reach out to someone else and someone called us back or emailed us. But we felt then that GoodHire was this big corporate entity and we were like, "Who are we gonna even get? Is there gonna be anyone that’s gonna care about us?”

So we did only one or two times with GoodHire and then we wound up using Crimcheck, the other company that Debbie, my co-worker, had come across beforehand and that she has been working with. We were doing GoodHire at the same time as Crimcheck was being tried out. Crimcheck's website wasn’t as modern as GoodHire's but Crimcheck's packages were really easy for us to translate what we currently had, to what they were offering. Also, their company is a lot smaller so we were able to reach people really quickly. Debbie has started talking to one of their reps and that person is who we would be mainly communicating with. The contact was more personal and intimate and Debbie was getting responses within an hour, so she really wanted that same level of service.

When we started with GoodHire, we were really dated since we had been working with the old company for a while, and that had a big impact on things. Had we not been really slowed down and had we been in a place where we weren’t looking for the worst, we would have been a bit more patient with GoodHire. We also thought that we were months overdue and that we should have done it four or five months ago and switched companies, so we were in panic mode. If we weren’t and if it was a toss-up, we may have gone fully with GoodHire over Crimcheck or we may have used them both equally. Still, I thought GoodHire was really great and I would definitely recommend them.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I have used GoodHire for a complete background check 4 or 5 times for our company and they have explained to me. However, I did not get what I wanted and it also cost me more money.

GoodHire response

Of course we’re disappointed that you are not fully satisfied with your background checks. We strive to clearly communicate what is included in each background check on our website, and you can always contact us directly to discuss which packages best fit your employment screening needs.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

GoodHire is very easy to use and it's quick. That's what I like about it. Once I've hired an employee and sent them an offer, then we would do a background check. It's just doing the normal background check, verifying and doing the criminal checks. I go in on GoodHire and put the information in then it does it. I've only had one result that got hung up but other than that, I've usually gotten the results within an hour. I've been happy with GoodHire so far.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

We used GoodHire at the last company I was with and when I did a Google search, GoodHire was rated the highest. Their software is easy to use and they have a good turnaround time. One time I had to call in to get some clarifying questions and the reps were really helpful, like they have always been.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

GoodHire has a better value for what we are getting compared to other background services. When we need to run a background check, we just go online and we place the order. As it progresses through, we can see how it’s going. It’s fairly quick. If there are any glitches or problems, they let us know right away through email. So, it suits our needs very well. Interactions with their customer service team have all been fine as well. I’m gonna continue to use them.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

GoodHire was on time and as thorough as they could be. I found GoodHire through ZipRecruiter, and then after ZipRecruiter stopped hosting them on their site, I went directly to GoodHire. For the last couple of candidates that I did background checks on, I went straight through GoodHire because they did a good job. Using GoodHire to run a background check was very simple. I just gave them the information on the candidate and they took care of the rest. I didn't have to do much, which is another reason why I like them.

The turnaround time can be anywhere from three days to three weeks. It depends upon the candidate and where they went to school. If they went to school in Poughkeepsie, New York, it may take a little bit more time to get those people. But if they went to big schools that have internet and that have the ability to respond quickly, it would happen quicker.

GoodHire was very good at communicating to me about the delays that were coming up. I would get an email if something was gonna be delayed. They were also very good when the information that they received wasn't exactly the way it was supposed to be, but it was a technical item and if it didn't really matter, there's a way you can just accept the background check knowing this. They would send an email asking you to agree or accept the finding with that stipulation. I had a good experience with GoodHire and I would use them again.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

We did a bit of research to make sure that we found the appropriate service to conduct background checks for our future employees. GoodHire was very helpful in the beginning when I contacted them and they provided us with the security that we needed. They were easy to use and provided us with the information we need quickly. Overall, we’ve had a good experience. I'd recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Our company was using United before and GoodHire was recommended to them by a friend of the owner. They started using it February this year and it is a better alternative. I enjoy using it. It’s quick, efficient, and detailed enough for our hiring needs. I’m satisfied with the turnaround time to receive results. There were only two instances where we had some issues getting some results back. One was the DMV check which takes a little bit longer.

The estimated date that GoodHire gives us sometimes takes a day or two longer. My interaction with their service team went really well when I’ve used the chat box to check on the status of those two instances and I enjoyed the help that they are able to offer. Everything has been good with my experience and I would recommend GoodHire to another company. Their system is really efficient for their price and the information that they provide is very detailed as to what a company would need, and their customer service is really great.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

GoodHire is user-friendly and pretty self-explanatory. The results are quick, but I wish it's a little less expensive for each run.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

We used GoodHire for the first few months we were in business and they met our expectations. Using them to do background checks was very easy because somebody set a program up for us. Whatever we need for our licensing, the package was set up and it was just a couple of clicks and we were done. However, ClearCare came out with their own service called Checker, and it went along with our program. We used it thrice but we went back to GoodHire because Checker was horrible. They were cheaper and they showed up in our program but they were very slow. GoodHire is faster and their price is comparable. For our needs, it’s been great. However, I wish they worked with our program because whenever I bring up a caregiver, it says, “Background check.” I wish I could go right in there and order it. That's the only thing GoodHire was beaten at.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I was doing background checks differently before but GoodHire's service is excellent and their price is very good, so I wanted to change over. I heard of them from my niece who works for a small firm here in Winsted and when I first hired them, I spoke to a representative named Beverly. She was very helpful. I had questions with regard to the setup, how I was going to access my file, enter the data and send it over to them, and she was very clear with the instructions. I like the idea of going online, entering as much data as possible, then sending it over to GoodHire. They also turn it around quickly, which I like, and I usually hear back with confirmation from them within 24 hours. I like to get things done quickly, especially when you have candidates interested in the position, and you’ve got to make sure that you have the right candidates at the right time. I would recommend GoodHire.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

We were using a recruiting company and GoodHire advertised for them. The software is good and it works well. The background check is user-friendly as well. We get the information we need.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

Using GoodHire to run a background check has been very simple. I just request information from our future associate and he completes it before he starts work. He can submit the information and go take the drug test that same day. Thereafter, we will have the results in two to three business days. The system works well and their customer service reps have been very helpful. I'm very satisfied with GoodHire.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I looked at other background check service providers but they were too expensive so I got GoodHire. I use GoodHire regularly and it is exactly what it needs to be. Everything works online. I called them twice for some clarifications. But I usually do an online chat and it works very well. I've had a good experience and I recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

GoodHire has helped us a lot as far as who we should hire and shouldn’t. Processing background checks have been extremely easy, but there are times where it takes a little longer because of a common name or if someone has a history or a criminal record. Overall, GoodHire has been great and I’d highly recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

We used GoodHire for four employees and it was excellent. They were very easy to use and the customer service agent was always reachable. We decided to go with them because of the price. They also sent us a really quick response in terms of the services they were providing and information.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

A customer gave us a list of acceptable, acknowledged, verified, and vetted vendors that they would accept that we use. There were 200 vendors on that list, and I went through a few of them and looked at the reviews and pricing. I selected GoodHire. We were using a different company for 25 years and since we used GoodHire, there has been an astronomical difference. They are far superior. The biggest thing that differentiates them is the ability to see every step of the way instantly, like where your order is, where the higher check is, the elements that have come back, and if there are any issues. Everything is real time. They are also able to add on services. If you needed to do a job screening or you needed to do verification backgrounds, they will hunt down a GED from 1972. They've been extremely thorough. But we still use the old one for very local people.

GoodHire's customer service has been very good. 10 seconds after I left their website, the phone calls began, but it wasn't in an annoying, harassing way. It was just following up and making sure that they understood what we needed. As a matter of fact, they scheduled a conference call just to make sure that they understood what our needs were strategically. That was very helpful because it wasn't like they just wanted to get our money at all cost. They wanted to make sure that what we were looking was a good fit.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

GoodHire for background check has been great and easy to use. They are a legitimate company and it had good reviews. They gave us everything that we needed and were able to work with us in price. Their customer service team were also great. They don’t have a long wait time and they answer the questions pretty quickly. They give me accurate answers if I have a problem.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I started a new company and I've been using GoodHire since the first of the year. It’s very user-friendly. When I need to get a hold of a rep from GoodHire, they have been very responsive, helpful and pleasant to deal with. Also, their turnaround time has been very good. I know there are some situations wherein someone is in several different counties or if they have a common name like a John Smith or Miguel Hernandez, the process might take a little bit longer but that’s understandable. Everything is up to par and GoodHire provides a reliable service. It's financially reasonable as well.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I used a different background service company before and I had GoodHire implemented about a month and a half after I started in Heartland Payroll. It's a small payroll company that I worked with and they indicated that they were partnered with and integrated their system with GoodHire. After using GoodHire, I would not go back to that other company. I really like the way that their system works and I had the easiest background check request that I’ve done with them.

At first, I worked with their representative to set up the check that I wanted and later, I developed the secondary one. All I do is go up into the system, put in the person’s name and email address, and that’s about it. However, there was one particular individual that had multiple county checks that needed to be done and at the time, I ran into some problems with the state of California. That background check took almost four weeks and though I had the time to spend on that, that was not a reasonable expectation. The explanation I got was that in California, you had to go to physically pull the records and it sounded a little far-fetched to me. But that was the only negative experience I got. I called GoodHire twice about it and I got the same answer but I don’t know if the answer really satisfied me. However, I know they did something because they followed-up with me so for that piece, it was fine.

Also, when doing a check through GoodHire, I have to wait for the employee to complete the whole onboarding process before I can use the integrated version of the background check with GoodHire. It’s easier for me to just do my onboarding in Heartland then go to the GoodHire site and press the button there to speed up the process. Otherwise, if somebody doesn’t fill out the paperwork until the day before they start, I can’t do the background check and I have to wait that long. But it’s not really on GoodHire’s part. It’s on Heartland Payroll. Other than that, the drug tests come back almost spontaneously and my experience with GoodHire was very good and very easy.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Before using GoodHire, I had used Sentry for background check services. Use GoodHire. It's much better than Sentry. Its system is good and simple to use in running a background check. The customer service team is also good. They always answer my emails or call me directly when I have a question.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

GoodHire is a simple system and the outcomes that they give for the different levels of background checks are good. The only downside is that they don’t do the international background checks. But if you’re just working with domestic, it’s perfectly fine. We liked the convenience of GoodHire and their pricing. The interactions I’ve had with the customer service team have also been great.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

GoodHire had good reviews and they had quite a simple process. There was nothing hidden and everything was mentioned on the pricing. It was very clear and precise in what was included and not. Running a background check was very easy and straightforward and I didn’t have any glitches. In fact, I have recommended GoodHire to some of my friends.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I was shopping for a background and credit check company that we could use. We essentially wanted a one-stop shop to do all of them and be able to do everything n one place. Our account manager from GoodHire has been great. Then I let our president do the whole pricing and negotiating of the contract. GoodHire has handled a lot of different pieces of the background check processes in general including but not limited to processing credit checks and many others. I've actually used it myself for a lot of the employees that we were hiring initially and it's very simple and easy to use. It's informative and helps us not just in terms of clearing applications but for employees as well. However, I would like to be able to view our pricing directly on the website so that our HR and if somebody else is using it wouldn't have to constantly look back and forth between the PDF versus what we negotiated.

GoodHire expert review by ConsumerAffairs

GoodHire is a US based employment screening company with services for businesses and individuals in industries across the board. Their customized services help employers make educated hiring decisions while protecting the privacy and secure information of candidates. Candidates are always treated respectfully, and their background checks are administered efficiently.

• Customizable: Employers have the option to choose from one of several predefined screening packages, or they can create their own customized background check. You can adjust your screening process as your business and its needs change.

• TrueMe for job candidates: Job candidates can stay a step ahead of potential employers by completing their own TrueMe background checks with GoodHire. Once your background check is complete, you will be sent a secure URL that can be posted directly on your resume, applications, social media profiles and/or job boards. GoodHire ensures that only verified employers can request access to your link, and you have the final say in granting access, keeping your information secure.

• Challenge errors: TrueMe reports allow individuals to add comments for previous behavior. They also have built-in tools that allow individuals to fix mistakes before they head to an interview and have an employer run a background check.

• Up-front pricing: Pricing  for pay-per-check is upfront and available on their website, making it easy for employers to decide which packages and options to choose based on their cost. View sample results for every package so you know what to expect. For high volume and customized needs, simply fill out a form online to receive a customized quote.

• HR tech integration: GoodHire has teamed up with leading HR tech companies to deliver integrated employment screening on your timeline. If your HR firm isn’t currently integrated with GoodHire, simply let them know.

• Best for: GoodHire is best for businesses and individuals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs