1.65/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 22, 2018

102 GoFundMe Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 22, 2018

I was uncertain whether my idea for a campaign would be a good fit with GoFundMe. I sent my questions and within 30 mins Kaity emailed, encouraging me to launch my campaign and gave detailed recommendations on how to create a successful campaign. She followed up with additional links on how best to proceed. I greatly appreciate her timely response and completeness of her answers. Great customer service from their Happiness Team.

Original review: April 18, 2018

My brother posted a GoFundMe page back in Dec 2017 when he was struggling and homeless. My brother suddenly passed away in Jan 2018 of a heart attack and I have contacted the help center two times to let them know that my brother is deceased and I have a death certificate and that I want them to remove his GoFundMe page. It is so tragic to lose a sibling and then to have this reminder on GoFundMe. Why won't they take it down? Do they want any residual money that comes in? This is horrible and this company should have a phone number so that I can actually speak to a person instead of trying to get around their email support center that doesn't even let you put in your own question!

Get expert buying tips about Crowdfunding Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 16, 2018

A family friend set up the campaign for my two autistic sons when their Dad died suddenly in June 2015. It’s been almost 3 years and my older son is now 18. He asked if he could get the money that was raised for him. The campaign organizer told us that all the money was turned over to their UNCLE. He said that he knows nothing about it. I’ve contact GoFundMe three times now. Today I received a reply but no info on what will happen. There just has to be a better way to help people who are victims of fraud. I may contact the local news station to see if they will cover this. I’m frustrated and disappointed in people.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I created a project called 'Monk on a Bike' about two years ago, inspired to do so by a personal cancer scare. I am originally from Washington, D.C., but have been living in Japan for about 15 years, and became a Zen monk eight years ago at a temple near Tokyo. I approached GoFundMe for assistance in creating and promoting the 'Monk on a Bike' charity campaign, a 3100-mile solo bicycle ride from San Francisco to Washington, D.C. in support of 'The Children's Hospital Foundation'.

From the very beginning the GoFundMe staff were attentive, helpful, and put forward relevant and constructive ideas on how the project might take a more appealing, more 'donation-ready' form. All the GoFundME representatives showed the ability to strike a blend of professionalism and intimacy with 'Monk on a Bike' that was both encouraging and efficacious.

I would like to mention one representative in particular. Kas was the first to respond to me when I approached GoFundMe, and finally committed herself exclusively to the 'Monk on a Bike' project, encouraging and advising me when I felt like giving up, and offering abundant, sound advice without which the whole thing would never have reached the point it's at now. I fly to San Francisco on April 25th, and will set off across the Golden Gate Bridge on May 1st, bound for the U.S. Capitol Reflecting Pool. GoFundMe have assured me that they will be with me every mile and l believe them! I would recommend GoFundMe to anyone thinking of starting a fundraising campaign!!

Original review: April 13, 2018

I have set up a GoFundMe page to raise vital funds to raise money for treatment for my dying dad. It is now saying I need to set up withdrawals by the 25th April before it freezes my account and sends all the money back. Whenever I upload the images it asks for all I get is a screen that states verifying. Nothing happens! I can’t get a reply from anyone. I can’t contact anyone, it’s just awful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoFundMe?

Original review: April 11, 2018

I decided to donate the Humboldt Broncos. My total amount was to be $100 but was surprised by the tip request of 15%. I ended with $87 for donation and $13.50 for a 'tip'. After consideration, I thought 15% was too high a fee and contacted customer service requesting that the tip, since it was voluntary, be transferred to the Broncos Team. In a very quick reply with a friendly note, Jared in customer service advised he could not redirect the $13.50, but would refund that amount. I donated an additional $25 and this time added the 15% because I understand your company requires revenue to operate.

In summary, I was concerned about the high tip amount with my initial contribution. After review, I realized that there is cost for processing the donations. Covering your cost of operation is a difficult subject when dealing with donations. A percentage amount does not seem appropriate with electronic transfers as the cost of processing is the same regardless of amount.

A second point is that your costs exists whether people decide to tip or not. Perhaps you could determine and publish a fixed administrative amount for all levels of donation. This processing fee would automatically be added to the donation. I initially was going to suggest a sliding scale fee but that may discourage a larger donation. Thanks again for your excellent customer service and I hope these comments are constructive.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Some of my co-workers set up a GoFundMe for my family as a surprise. I used the app on my phone to do everything, and I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was (and of course it's great to not have to sit down at a computer). Even connecting my bank was simple. It did take 4 days for the money to transfer to my bank, which is normal for other bank transfers I've done elsewhere, but it would still be nice to have a way to get money more quickly. Overall a delightful experience!

Original review: April 10, 2018 When my little dog needed surgery for removable of 3 growths and received estimated cost, I realized I couldn't afford the surgery! A friend told me of GoFundMe and I created an account. In no time I found how many caring, loving friends we had! In less than one month I had gone $50 over my goal (the cost of surgery)! Whenever I had a question, someone from GoFundMe was there 24/7 with an answer within 30 min. max. It was amazing how caring and concerned they are!!

Bridgette and I can't thank our friends, and GoFundMe enough! By the way, all 3 growths were benign, thank God! Two weeks later now, Bridgette will have the surgical staples removed tomorrow (4/10/18).

Original review: April 10, 2018

My wife and I suffered the loss of our horse barn due to fire in 2017, along with barn we lost two family pets, all of our tools, horse tack etc. Afterwards a friend of ours started a GoFundMe account and through generous donations had raised over $6000 which was going to be used as a down payment on a new barn, of course we didn’t realize that GoFundMe was going to take a nice chunk of the donation money! I assumed and so did everyone that helped us that sure GoFundMe would take a fee, but I didn’t think it would be a 1/3 of what was taken in. We ended up with $4400 out of the $6000 after the GoFundMe fees and I really feel sorry for the people that really need the money more than GoFundMe does. So just to let everyone know GoFundMe is a business and not there to do nice things for people. It’s profiting off of people’s misery.

Original review: April 8, 2018

Spent weeks setting up a GoFundMe Campaign here in Ottawa Canada. Have cancer. Very sick. Got all kinds of Positive Emails from them only in the end to receive an email from their Pay Department WePay...that they are not going to send my $110.00 for no specific reason at all. Not a King's Ransom...maybe a technical problem...not sure. Basically they havent responded to my query yet? The only problem I can figure out is that their Bank Forms in the USA are different than here in Canada. Maybe this is the issue? Why wouldnt WePay say this in their email to me? Give GoFundMe a few days to see if this matter can be resolved or not before I jump ship with them.

Original review: April 7, 2018

We reviewed GoFundMe process before starting a fundraiser for a nonprofit school that lost its playground during a windstorm. It advertises that it is "no platform fees" whatever that means, and then mentions a 2.9% charge on funds raised. We proceeded to create a GoFundMe for the playground. We received $4600, $3500 came from a brother and sister of the one who started the campaign. After raising $4650, we clicked on "Withdraw" hoping to get the funds and purchase the playground so that students would have a pleasant surprise after their Easter break. Instead, we learn we are compelled to open a PayPal Account.

We do this and learn that only $4200 has transferred. What happened to the $420? GoFundMe has taken almost 10 percent! This has angered the brother and sister who could have directly written their checks to the other sister. In addition, GoFundMe wants the funds withdrawn within 30 days, but here is the catch, PayPal will NOT release the funds but once a month. Save yourself trouble and do NOT use GoFundMe. PayPal has a charity set up that at least they take ZERO funds. The entire amount raised goes DIRECTLY into your account. You just have to wait for that one day a month they will release it.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I set up a GoFundMe for getting the PC of my dreams for streaming. I had gotten a very generous donation from someone of $1500. I was so shocked and happy and was getting ready to withdraw until you guys completely shut down my account and wouldn't tell me why. I want my account back. I worked hard on my account's story. I don't know if I got reported by someone for some reason thinking I was fake but now I'm pissed. Please reply to this so we can fix it. :)

Original review: April 6, 2018

Everything was going fine with my campaign and was receiving withdrawals. And then up until a couple of days ago donations were being refunded. Why say people can raise money for businesses if all that ends up happening is that they can't receive the donations. GoFundMe is a scam and a fraud.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I received my first couple donations as I signed up to withdrawal within a few days of my first donation. My next couple never came. Then the most recent one did. It even sent me an email confirming that it was sending it to my account. Rip off!

Original review: April 5, 2018

I set up a campaign to help save feral cats that are dying because they are sick and need vet care. I was told my withdrawal was canceled and that I have to send Identification. I did and still haven't been able to withdraw my funds. I'm on the verge of suing WePay and GoFundMe. They are fraudulent and will do anything to hold your funds and benefit from it.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I had started a GoFundMe account to help gather public documents from a local government to provide that information to the public. I have a online channel that I provides news and information as well as a free public service to locals to help get records that are public. Based on my viewers, they requested that I create a Gofundme account so they could donate to help pay for the fees to get records and help others. I did just that and even posted a video to on my account to show what I was doing and what the money would be used for if they donated. I had several people donate to me within a few days. One example it was going to cost $1050 dollars to get records that were requested.

About day 3 of my account, Gofundme sent me an email saying "It has come to our attention that we will no longer be able to process payments for your account. As a result, your GoFundMe account has been removed. We will be unable to disclose any information as to why your account has been closed." I researched their terms and based off of what I could see, I did not violate anything. I included the name of the network, what it the campaign was requesting, how it would be used, and a video to show people what I was doing. Even in the video it states what the money would be used for. I've asked several times, via email, why my account was deleted and they still have not provided a reason. The largest amount donated at that time was $20 and I had not tried to collect any money yet.

It's bad when you have a company that deals with money, that can shut down your account with no reason given, no terms broken, still smile and say "Thank you for your understanding." when they haven't told you why or even given you a chance to correct a problem if there was one. This was the 1st time using GoFundMe and it was a very bad experience. Oh yeah, none of the donations made to my account were able to be used. They said they are sending that money back to everyone in 5-7days. Never Use a company that hides in the shadows and can control your money that has no oversight.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 3, 2018

We set up an account to help our group. We set up a withdrawal as well to purchase equipment. The funds show in the account, but will not transfer. GoFundMe tells me they are escheated as not claimed in a timely fashion. I read terms and conditions and understand why they did it, but they should be able to tell me where they went. They cannot. First in Colorado, then California, then Delaware. No one has a record or accountability here. They cannot tell me the name it was sent in either. Unacceptable.

GoFundMe response

We truly apologize for this, Michael. We will be working with our team to ensure we are helping most accurately and efficiently, especially for escheatment cases. We've confirmed the correct details and location for claiming your funds, and shared that with you via the private email conversation with our team. Please follow the steps noted there, and reply to our email if there is anything further we can do to help. We're glad we could resolve this for you, and so appreciate your understanding.

Original review: March 30, 2018

If there is the chance you will need to cancel your fund drive down the road, or you might not have anything to do with the fund down the road DO NOT USE GoFundMe. I had started a Dog Park committee for a local dog park in Toronto. However, due to the city's poor maintenance of the dog park, and my dogs having health issues using the dog park because it was so dirty, I left the dog park and passed the email address for it over to others to run. In the meantime we had started a fund to get needed supplies such as a storage bin, shovels, rakes, etc.

For purposes of transparency and accountability I always wanted a second person to administer the fund with me but I could never find a second person so I never linked to a bank account to the fund. GoFundMe's very own policy states that if the bank account isn't linked within 30 days it puts a hold on accepting donations and if nothing happens in 90 days it will give everyone's money back. That was 9 months ago.

So they have been collecting the interest off these donations for 9 months when their own policies say after 4 months those people should've had the money back because I had never linked a bank account to the fund. I have made 5 attempts to asking for that money to be refunded, 3 through their own help centre, 1 on the FB page and 1 through FB messenger. But I no longer have access to the dog part email address which was also used to set up the GoFundMe account. So if you even think you may not follow through with a fund or you may become unattached to it, I would heed this warning. And GoFundMe if you are reading this can you just give the people who donated to the Allan Gardens Off Leash Dog Park Fund their effing money back already?

GoFundMe response

Apologies for the trouble, Greg. The 90 day automatic refunds are in place for newer accounts, but your campaign has now been refunded. All donors will receive 100% of their funds back in 3-7 business days rather than GoFundMe collecting interest. For security reasons, our team needed to hear back from your account email to complete your refund request initially. Since you noted here that address isn't valid, we now understand our message couldn't reach you, but we're glad we could resolve this.

Original review: March 30, 2018

After the first 3 friends who donated found out that you are taking 8% they have all refused to use you. Now they just send the money directly to me. I've had a great response but it's not due to GoFundMe. It's because lots of people love my 22-year-old disabled son. I'm withdrawing the funds and then closing this campaign as your fees are ridiculous. I will never consider using you again.

GoFundMe response

We're sorry to hear that, but appreciate your honest feedback, Leland. We also want to best help those who need us, so GoFundMe recently introduced a free platform for all new personal campaigns started in the US. We’re now powered by voluntary donor tips, allowing us to still improve and operate our platform. A standard payment processing fee of 2.9% plus $0.30 per donation still applies, to allow for credit card processing and safe transfers of funds. We're wishing you all the best.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 26, 2018

We placed a GoFundMe program to get $10,000 to fund our project of giving away free virtual reality headset/systems to quadriplegic people. We had raised $2400 in cash donations at our office and Mr. ** donated $2500 online via GoFundMe with his credit card. The first time the WePay financial arm of GoFundMe refused Mr. **'s donation because they thought we were trying to launder money. They changed their mind and asked Mr. ** to try again which he did, and again they refused his money because it would cause chargebacks. Now GoFundMe.com has closed down our GoFundMe program so we cannot use their platform any longer. The money raised here will be used to hire a really good attorney and sue the pants off these people at GoFundMe and WePay.

GoFundMe response

Hello Edison. To preserve the safety of our site, all payments and accounts must abide by our payment processor WePay's terms here: https://go.wepay.com/terms-of-service#us. Our team tried to help your donor successfully donate online, but WePay could not verify their payment, so your donor was fully refunded. WePay will no longer be able to process payments on your behalf, so your GoFundMe account has been closed. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping GoFundMe the safest place to give.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 25, 2018

Based on my last year's positive experience with GoFundMe, I started another campaign to raise money for the Fuller Center for Housing in Armenia a few days ago. Only this time, I saw a banner saying my funds were on hold, followed by "urgent" emails requesting I revise my story and include information which was already there. I tried to answer the first email, hoping it would clarify things, but got a reply back from a second person with yet other strange questions, again I answered them, but a third person writes back and a forth and I am still in limbo. To top it all, the last person suggested, the reason for the confusion is that I was not replying to the emails sent to me, rather starting a new thread. Which I may have, because it takes them a day if not longer to get back to me.

I am anxious to move forward but do not want to because the donations received so far are on hold. I wish I had read the reviews before I started my new campaign. But I did not. I was sure the experience was going to be as hassle free as last year. Was I wrong!! They may have started with good intentions, but obviously they are not doing well; when I saw the "tip" request, I should have stopped right there. My advice is, until they get their act together, do not use their platform. And I will make sure, I either withdraw the funds or they are returned to the donors.

GoFundMe response

We're sorry to hear of the unpleasant experience this time around, Anny. Our Community Management Team does review all accounts to ensure there is a clear path for raised funds to reach the intended recipient, and they have since cleared your account from review. We appreciate your cooperation through that, as well as your understanding with other agents stepping in to ensure prompt replies in the absence of another agent. All donor tips are optional, and we wish you all the best from here.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 23, 2018

On March 2nd, I contacted GoFundMe about an error that was made in processing a transfer of funds from GoFundMe to my savings account. Since then, they have repeated the same mistake. I gave them a savings account number and they processed it as a checking account and my bank had to refuse it. The people who are responding to my emails are not helpful. They send scripted messages and try to tell you that it was your own fault. The people reading my emails are not able to process the information. Incompetent.

GoFundMe response

We apologize for the trouble here, Patricia - that's certainly not the kind of experience we want any GoFundMe users to have. We do see you have designated a savings account, however, there's a disconnect in how that information is displaying for your bank, causing them to reject your funds. Our team is committed to resolving this for you as soon as possible, and we appreciate your continued cooperation in working with us on this. We'll be in touch with you directly on the next steps.

Original review: March 10, 2018

I have contacted GoFundMe twice about funds not being allocated where they were supposed to. My sister, who is a donor, also contacted them. The money was supposed to go to my nephew's funeral, and his brother has not given the money. It has been 3 months now and I had to put it out on Facebook that the money wasn't paid to the mortuary. I think if they had done anything to let him know they were investigating, he would have given up the money. I finally got a nasty response from him showing 3 money orders made out to the mortuary. It is a big embarrassment to have to put it on social media to get the deed done. You charge a percent for what? I thought you would do something for the money.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I recently funded a close friend's "GoFundMe" account on 5 occasions. The funds were supposedly put into her bank account. Yesterday she received various text messages from "GoFundMe" that they had taken the funds BACK from her campaign and would be sending them back to me! They also stated that she could NO LONGER receive donations. They did NOT however say what they were doing with the so called "tips" they had taken on top of the money I paid into her campaign. If they do this with multiple campaigners they will earn a fortune with the tips plus the interest on the money for a day or two! Both of those items will certainly make the owners of "GoFundMe" extremely wealthy. Tracking down the "GoFundMe" site leads not to Ireland, but to San Diego CA. I intend to engage Law Enforcement in an investigation into this matter and a possible "class action" against "GoFundMe". This should NOT be allowed to happen.

GoFundMe response

Thanks for your honest feedback, John. For security reasons, all donations and accounts must meet our terms here to remain active: http://www.gofundme.com/terms/. While further details on the closing of any account are proprietary, we are not here to scam anyone. Whenever a donation is refunded, any associated tip to GoFundMe is also refunded in full. We have support offices in Ireland and California, and we appreciate your understanding as we work to keep GoFundMe the safest place to give.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

I found the site easy to use and the staff very quick to respond to questions. Even though I didn't raise enough money for my cause, the staff were more than helpful in giving me my options to release the funds. I chose to return the funds to the donors. The other options were to cash out, donate to another cause, etc.

GoFundMe response

We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your experience with our site and support team, Kris. We truly are wishing you all the best, and are always glad to lend a hand should you need anything else along the way!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

My daughter set one of these up for herself against my advice. A couple family members donated for a school study trip for her, the donations were only $50. I set everything up to withdraw the 45.75 which is the amount after their fees, and they repeatedly said it takes time to hit the bank account. That was October 2017 and it's now February 2018. After getting the runaround from them for months, I've given up and I just gave my daughter the $50. Read the reviews. TOTAL SCAM. First and only time using these shysters.

GoFundMe response

So sorry for the misunderstanding, Heather. We see all available funds were sent out to your provided withdrawal information last year, and they certainly should have arrived by now. If not, our team sent you an email titled 'Helpful Message from GoFundMe' with the next steps to resolve this. Please reply to that email so we can help further, as we are in no way here to scam anyone, and truly want to make sure you're able to access the funds raised for your daughter's cause.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

Tried setting up a campaign, after a multiple back and forth questions they removed it based on their incorrect assumptions. Usually I wouldn't care for this, as it's just another faceless online entity, if they didn't waste so much of my time.

GoFundMe response

We're sorry to hear this, as our team here at GoFundMe really does care. We do try to be very transparent with our Terms and Conditions by listing them on our site here, as well as having all users agree to them before signing up for a GoFundMe account: https://www.gofundme.com/terms. For security reasons, campaigns not meeting our Terms will be removed, and we appreciate your understanding in keeping GoFundMe the safest place to give.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

After creating a GoFundMe fundraiser for some people in need, when logged in later, although I selected to put the GoFundMe campaign on Facebook, at regular intervals, I went to the Campaign Settings page and found that everything was disabled including Donations! Also, the website does not remember me. Every time I go to it, I have to reenter my email address and password. It has stopped allowing me to enter information, so as I recall, I had to start over and reenter my information. Still, after many months the donations were at $0! I had a terrible time trying to get their Support to address the above issues and I still don't have a valid reason given for why I cannot log in with the same password I did before, after emailing them many, many, many times. Obviously, their Support people do not know much about their system and have wasted my time dealing with them.

GoFundMe response

We appreciate your honest feedback, Wayne. That's been monumental in reviewing this with our support team and engineers to ensure we're offering only the best experience moving forward. I'm glad we got your original password working, and resolved the display error incorrectly noting that donations were disabled. GoFundMe is unable to find donors for you, but we're here to share advice on making the most of your campaign if you'd like to reach back out to us here: http://www.gofundme.com/contact

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I donated to a life-threatening need for a medical flight back to the USA to Colombia. My donation was denied no reason. Got only an email rep. Hours emailing then asked to prove how I know the family. When it's my own daughter. I was required to send proof like pictures & my ID. I am just outraged. No resolution. A life is at stake. They say a few business days to decided if they Will reverse the refund. Meanwhile my family waits for the refund that says it takes 3 to 7 business days. This company is not truly what it seems & it takes days to resolve anything. I have donated before to GoFundMe. Never questioned. No answers. Just 3 different people telling me there is nothing they can do. A life is at stake needing the funds to get our family member to a better hospital. I was told if I don't like it I can go through a different resource to get my family money. How do I do that when I have funds pending a refund. It's outrageous.

This company doesn't care. Don't use them. Be VERY careful. No customer service number and it doesn't matter if it's a life-threatening donation. It's false. Asking a tip from the donors & then taking extra cash on top of it. Just greedy and morally false to help people. I never been so stressed. They took my ID pic. I know going to have to buy credit monitoring because they have my photo ID. I wished I read the reviews. They asked me very personal information and wanted a pic proof of who I am to my family. Taking advantage of people in need. Horrible company!!! Still waiting for my refund & my family is stuck on getting a medical transport from South America to Florida. They JUST DON'T CARE.

GoFundMe response

We truly do care, Kathileen, and are sorry to hear how this affected you. Our payment processor reviews all donations, and must refund payments not in compliance with our terms here: https://www.gofundme.com/terms. We too wish we could deliver refunds immediately. We're unable to process your payment online for security reasons, and any personal information shared in the review process is used for verification alone. We keep security our number one priority, and appreciate your understanding.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I have recently used Gofundme to raise money for my Mom's funeral and after hours tonight of useless emails that have not lead me one step closer to accessing the funds. I am at my wit's end. No phone number really? Is this even a real company or is it a scam? I know there have been wonderful generous people that have given to help us and I hope they were not scammed as well. I am so upset. Does anyone have a number I can call?

GoFundMe response

We're so sorry to hear of your loss, Brandi, and the trouble with accessing your funds. Please know GoFundMe is no scam, and we currently offer full customer support through email only, so we can continue serving thousands of users daily, and keep detailed records of all conversations. While we do not have a phone number, we want to ensure you are able to access your funds as soon as possible. Please reach out to our team here, and we will be there to help 24/7: http://www.gofundme.com/contact

GoFundMe expert review by Rose Spinelli

GoFundMe, based in San Diego, launched in May 2010. Its users collectively raise about $4 million every day in varied categories such as education, medical, volunteer and emergencies. To date it has raised in excess of $2 billion. Some say it is the third most successful crowdfunding platform after Kickstarter and Indiegogo.

• Flexible requirements: GoFundMe doesn't require projects to have deadlines or to meet monetary fundraising goals. If a project does not achieve its goal, no penalty is imposed for missing it.

• Management tools: Users have easy access to tools such as page-view tracking and other campaign performance metrics.

• Mobility: The GoFundMe app makes the platform mobile-friendly. It also provides easy sharing on social networks, though users must have a Facebook account in order to show up in the site’s search.

• Five-minute support guarantee: The Customer Happiness team replies to emailed customer queries within five minutes.

• Fees: GoFundMe allows project creators to keep all money raised. It collects a relatively low 5 percent from each donation, with a third-party processor charging nearly 3 percent per donation plus a flat rate of 30 cents.

• Campaign types: GoFundMe has three campaign types: Personal Donation Campaigns are the most common and people can raise money for almost anything. Certified Charity Campaigns are for 501c3 nonprofits seeking this new revenue stream to further support their cause as part of their overall fundraising strategy. The third type is All or Nothing Campaigns. Supporters are only charged if campaigner reaches the funding goal.

• Best for: GoFundMe is best for individuals, non-profits and entrepreneurs who want choices between campaign types and responsive customer support.

Profile picture of Rose Spinelli
Rose Spinelli

Crowdfunding Contributing Editor

Rose Spinelli, founder of The CrowdFundamentals, is an internationally recognized crowdfunding specialist, mentor, trainer and writer. In 2014, she was voted one of the 100 Most Influential Thoughtful Leaders in Crowdfunding. Rose is the author of one of the first online crowdfunding courses called “Working the Crowd: Know the Fundamentals,” and she has served on a board of directors for the CrowdFunding Professional Association.

GoFundMe Company Information