Global Contact, Inc.

383 Kings Highway North, Suite 210 Cherry Hill, NJ

Compare Business Services

Research top Business Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Our company receives an invoice every year from this company for at least the last 10 years stating that we ordered their service when we have not. I received a 30 days past due notice today when I never received the first invoice. I am sure this is a ploy to trick us into paying them. I have written numerous letters over the years to cease and desist all contact with us and still they try to collect from us. I would recommend that you do not do business with this company. We made the mistake of doing it for a couple of years and now they will not leave us alone.

These laughable bozos have invoiced me annually for 13 years with their lame past due form. I guess I should mention my company has been defunct for 15 years. That should tell you how RELIABLE their data base is. Ignore them. They won't come out from under the rock to do anything.

We have had several notices sent to us for listing our company with Global International. I did a Google search and found Global had an address in Cheery Hill NJ and now have one in Marlton NJ, both which seem too small for such a "global company." Then I found that our executive who signed the paper work was doing so assuming he was correcting our free listing. We then received an invoice with his signature photocopied to their billing. We ignored all their notices etc, and now we received new bill for the 2015- 2016 listing.

I received a fax from Global and NAFTA Register asking us to make sure our listing was correct. The information they provided was correct and I returned the fax acknowledging this. A few days later, I received a bill for $180, with a copy of the fax attached. It actually had a paragraph added to it that stated that my signature would incur fees. This paragraph was in no way on the form I signed. It's a scam.

I recieved a bill for 285.00 dated on 10/01/09 . Several years ago they sent this same document to me . They advertised a free Nafta listing. When you sing the papper work you get a bill. This year they sent me a bill with a fruad signature used from old scam.I sent them two registered letters to explain that I will not be scamed by them again.The paper work I have states Free of charge. They have not listed me on their web site and I am glad. I did not sign this papper.They called my place of business for a free listing at least 8 times.Every time we say were not interested.The owners name is Micheal R.On october 20th I sent jim a registed letter to ask him to quite sending me a bill.They will not stop.I found 10 other persons on consumer fraud sites about them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Contact, Inc.?

On September 5, 2009 I received an invoice from Global Contact, Inc. for $145 for a listing in their 2010 "Directory of US Companies". Review of my records showed paid invoices and copies of signed requests to be listed in their directory from September of 2004 and September of 2005. I could find no record of any interaction with this company since - I have no record of any request by me for any listing, nor any payment for any listing subsequent to September 2005.

I sent a letter to them pointing this out, refusing to pay the invoice. I have sent copies of their invoice and my letter to both the Massachusetts Attorney General's office and the mail fraud division of the U.S. Postal Office.

In January 2009, I received a form to update our company's listing in The NAFTA Register for free; no fee or charge was listed. In the end of February, I was faxed an invoice for $145 with a copy of our signature page that had been altered, which now stated that "by signing this form, you are authorizing your company will be invoiced."

I fell for the Global Contact/Directory of U.S. Companies scam. When billed and threatened, I contacted my lawyer who advised me to just ignore them. I did so and found the problem simply went away. They carried through on none of their threats and actually sent me another solicitation the following year.

Signed deceptive document for useless lising on a directory The Directory of U.S. Companies believing it was free. Billed $215.00 and threatened with legal action.

They have continuously send us past due notices on services rendered and when I called them to find out what this was, they stated I signed and authorized for their services. They faxed me over a form that had my name but the signature wasn't even close to mine. When I told theme this, A Michael stated, " your going to collections, *******" and hung up.

I have been reading other compliants posted by other people stating they have actually signed up with their original signatures but in their case, there was no mention of any charges. In my case, I have never heard for these shady characters and when I tried to resolve this, I was called an "*******".

I am so upset of these people that I want to bring the practices out in the open.

About the end of December 2000, I received in the mail a one page letter, with my company's name, address, etc. As a publisher, I receive many such requests for free listings in directories. Believing it was free, I signed it and sent it back.

Around February 2001, I received a bill for $139.00. It was my signed copy, and for the first time, I saw in very small print the Terms and Conditions. I called and spoke to a John De Paul on February 14, 2001 and then confirmed the phone call in a letter stating that I wanted our company name removed and did not want the service. I confirmed that in our conversation he refused to remove the company name until we paid the bill.
I indicated that I had taken action to report their company's unfair trade practicies to the California Attorney. General. I heard nothing more until July 27 when I received a notice from a collection agency stating that I owed the "debt." I then filed complaints with the National Fraud Center, the California Attorney General, and the U.S. Post Office, mail fraud division on July 27. I emailed Global Contact at globalc@ix.net.com and again asked them to remove our company name and again said I never intended to sign up for their service. I told them I was forwarding the threatening letter I got from the collection agency, Turnbrook Assocciates, to the California Attorney General and that I had filed complaints with the other agencies. I also told them that they would be liable for damage if they affected my credit.

I received back an email stating that "We will not forgive this debt. We will also contact the atty. gen. office to let them know of your "THEFT OF SERVICE." A later email accused me of "mental problems."

I was surprised to see an invoice for a listing of my company in the "Directory of US Companies" arrive in the mail dated 12-5-00. This apparently resulted from my filling out a form from Global Contact. When I originally filled out this form, I was under the mistaken impression that I was correcting a typo in an existing listing -- one I had never requested or even wanted.

I didn't notice the fine print at the bottom telling me that I was signing up for a new listing for a fee. I called Global Contact to straighten out the confusion, and Mike Ruccolo explained that I had no recourse, my only choice was to pay for the listing that I didn't want. That day I wrote a letter to Global Contact explaining the confusion and requesting to be removed from the directory.
After another bill arrived I wrote a second letter explaining the error again and requested removal. Eventually a copy of the "Directory of US Companies" arrived in the mail and I noticed that my company was not listed so I presumed that the my listing had been canceled as I requested.
Today I received a third invoice and I called Mike to explain the mix-up. He pointed out that my listing had been printed and that I had no recourse except to pay the bill for the service I never wanted. Mike did admit that my listing was printed incorrectly -- not under the name of the business but under my personal name -- which wouldn't have been what I wanted even if I had wanted to be listed.
Mike became openly hostile. He refused to discuss the problem or even spell his name over the phone (I confirmed the spelling on the Internet). And he rudely hung up the phone in the middle of conversations several times, after threatening legal action to recover the $89 for the listing I never wanted in the first place.

Everybody's hostile in Cherry Hill. Pay no attention. We'd say Dennett should a., sent a certified, return-receipt-requested letter stating that he did not order, does not want and will not pay for the listing; and b., report the incident to the local office of the U.S. Postal Inspector.

Global Contact, Inc. Company Profile