Global Warranty Group

Compare Business Services

Research top Business Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Unbelievable!!! Bought the 4 star package, unlimited, bumper to bumper warranty for 27 months through our car broker. This warranty is with Global Warranty. Our ball joints has to be replaced. NO PROBLEM. We have bumper to bumper for 27 months on this Santa Fe vehicle. Right!!! No worries! We have coverage, as we bought this for a peace of mind.

Called Global and they informed us that after 90 days our 4 star warranty goes down to a 1 star warranty and that "of course" our ball joints are NOT covered. Can you believe? We thought we bought a bumper to bumper warranty for 27 months, 4 star, and after 90 days it drops to a 1 star warranty. After reading the reviews of Global, we knew we had been scammed. WHAT a mistake we made. Paid almost 1500.00 for this bumper to bumper warranty. We are SO SORRY we did not look this company up before we bought this warranty. THIS company is a SCAM... nothing more than a SCAM! Broker and car dealers should be held accountable for selling this product. They know it's a scam when they sell this company.

Global Home USA engages in tactics of exaggeration in their efforts to deny paying claims. My outdoor A/C compressor unit failed due to burn-out and Global Home USA (aka Warranty Global Group or WGG) denied the claim. When the outdoor A/C compressor failed, three (3) A/C repair servicemen came out to the residence to examine the unit. The first vendor, OneHour A/C performed a series of 3 tests on the A/C compressor and determined the A/C compressor to be shorted-out.

Within the A/C unit inside the house, the transition insulation broken loose from the wall of the unit and covered the coil. Although the coil had corrosion, the transition insulation definitively covered the coil and reduced the air flow. Global Home USA stated that the coil was rusted out and leaking. Furthermore although the transition insulation had covered the coil and blocked the air flow, the coil was still leaking and that was the cause of the burnout of the compressor. I was sent a letter stating that the coil was leaking. WGG stated that the corrosion of the coil caused blocking of air flow, and therefore the compressor failed.

Keep in mind that there is NO DIRECT connection or LINK between the compressor and the air flow. The compressor pumps the freon/coolant. Furthermore, Global Home USA stated that the outside condenser unit was very rusted out. NONE of three (3) invoices from all three services men stated that the coil was leaking. One invoice stated that the coil was rusted out (Vendor for WGG), and one invoice stated coil had corrosion (Alpha 4 Real A/C and Heating). In fact the official report on file at WGG did not state leaking. Also the serviceman from ARS Rescue Rooter stated that he was NOT comfortable stating that the coil was rusted-out.

There was NOTHING wrong whatsoever with the OUTSIDE condenser unit other than the burnt-out compressor. There was no corrosion. The OUTSIDE condenser unit is designed to withstand the weather outside. WGG did more than exaggerate about the condenser being rusted-out. Their statement is an outright lie. Also, NONE of the three (3) invoices from the three (3) servicemen state that the outside condenser was rusted-out. WGG states that their serviceman reported the above findings. However when I confronted Alpha 4 Real A/C & Heating on the matter, the aggressively denied the claims by WGG. Alpha 4 Real adamantly states that the only information given to WGG is what is written on the invoice and they will NOT stand behind any other statements.

The vendor who performed the 3 tests on the compressor issued a statement that the reduction of air flow (notably the transition insulation) did NOT cause the failure of the compressor. Icing may have occurred. However the compressor failed due to old age or a power surge. Global Home USA had engaged in excessive exaggeration and cherry-picking the cause of failure in their self-interests of denying the claim. Therefore a complaint has been filed with the Attorney General of the State of Texas. I encourage all customers of Global Home USA, denied claims with tactics of exaggeration used in the denial of the claims, to file complaints with the Attorney General.

I had bought a used car one year ago and when I bought this car the dealer had stated that I wouldn't have to worry about anything because I have warranty and also Global Warranty. My car only had 47000km on it and it now has just over 79000km on it and the ball joints have to be replaced. I called the dealership and the salesman no longer works there and according to the global warranty agency my warranty won't cover my $900.00 bill. I wasn't informed that there are different levels of membership such as how many stars you have. Well I thought if I paid the extra cost ($2000.00) of getting this warranty I wouldn't be stressed and have peace of mind but nope. I wasted money buying something that won't even benefit me. False advertisement.

Our son purchased his first used car and was told by the "salesman" that Global Warranty would be covering the warranty and would cover most things. 5 months after purchase our son took his Mazda RX 8 into a Mazda dealership because of various problems. Mazda said he required a new starter among other things and when we contacted Global Warranty they initially said they wanted our son to have an engine de-carb done (at our expense $300) and if Mazda still said there was an issue then Global Warranty would then cover the cost of a new starter as the car was still under warranty.

After paying for the engine de-carb, Mazda said there was still a problem and stated in writing that a new starter was still recommended. Global Warranty then refused to replace the starter as per the warranty and when we tried contacting them, they would not return our calls and contacting consumer affairs was no help as they just kept denying the facts even though we submitted paperwork from Mazda proving otherwise. Terrible company to deal with and will never, ever buy a used car that uses Global Warranty again. We hope our review helps other first time used car buyers so please beware!!!

I am in the same situation as everyone else. I broke my iPhone 4S, called in a claim with GWG. They told me they could send me a new one but they had to hold 699$ on my credit card until they received my old phone. They did receive it and credited back the 699$ but claimed they didn't have my model phone in stock but they could send me a cheque for 600$. They said it would take a couple of weeks. Now I sit for 14 months waiting for that cheque and it never comes. I had to purchase my own new phone that cost me 700$. I used to call GWG every week to inquire about my 600$ cheque and was told each time they would escalate my claim to the claims dept. When I asked to talk to someone in claims of course no one was available but someone would call me on Friday. Well several hundred Fridays have past and no call.

I haven't called them for a few months now cause I know their company is a scam and I will never get my money. So a recap I paid 170$ for the initial GWG insurance. I paid a 180$ deductible to GWG. I had to buy another iPhone for 700$ and I paid 13$ for express post to send back my old phone and nothing. 1063$ in total, what an expensive experience. I have now gone to Bell to make this right. As far as I am concerned their name is on the outside of the building that I walked into on April 26th 2013 to purchase my iPhone. They should know that their reps are selling bogus insurance to customers. Stay tuned, I will be back to complain more if Bell doesn't come through to make this right.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Warranty Group?

Bought a warranty, went to use it. 150.00 deductible??? That is not what they told me at Verizon 50.00. Oh they went out of business. Now it 150.00!!! I paid 164.98 cash when I bought it for a 50.00 warranty. Call me for the class action lawsuit. Verizon, you need to be nice and make this good. It's just good business...

Lost my phone in Feb of 2014. I was told that I would receive a check of $578 because they didn't have that kind of phone in stock, I have probably spent close to $1,000 in hassling with their ** and still nothing in return. The service provider (Rogers) has done nothing to help. Now they haven't even heard about GWG when I call.

Well I sent in my Samsung note 2, in which it was discontinued and I didn't know about that. They said I had to send in my phone in order for them to send me a new phone. I told them I only had one phone, any other option? They said, "We can charge your credit card $650 send you a new phone, then when we get your phone we will give back your $650!" I said "No, I can't do that. I'll just send in my phone then". So off I sent my phone to them. I ended up using an old phone. I kept using my tracking number to see when my phone would get to them. When I noticed they had my phone I called in to ask what would happen now. They said "We do not have your phone in stock, would you take the other option?" I asked "What other option is there?" They said "We can send you a check for $600 so you can buy a new one!" I said "There is no other option?" They said "No". So I opted for a check.

I kept calling every other day. That happened for about a month and half... kept asking "where is my check?" "How long is this going to take?" The response I kept getting was "I can escalate this!" "I'll make a note of your calls." One of the workers actually said to me "I never knew anyone who has waited as long as you have!" I then asked "Well how long does this usually take?" They said "Only a couple months!" I said "Why have I been waiting so long then? Is all of Canada using their insurance? Are you guys out of money?" They didn't answer! As far as contact going I received one email to me saying my check was being processed!

That's it. I am tired of waiting. This isn't how I thought this would turn out. Can somebody help me?

I've been waiting for my check for over 4 months. Nobody answer the phone at this company.

This company is a scam. They took $10.99 x 2 every month for the past year and when time to file a claim, it is IMPOSSIBLE to do. The website is no longer in service, and apparently neither is the phone. Credit card companies will not discontinue the automatic payments. The only way for me to not pay for this nonexistent warranty is to cancel my credit card! There needs to be a class action suit filed against the owners/officers of this company. Verizon also needs to step up to the plate (that's the carrier in my case) and stand up for their customers (and now for this previous customer). I have never seen anything like this.

Well I sent in my iPhone 5, in which it was discontinued and I didn't know about that. They said I had to send in my phone in order for them to send me a new phone. I told them I only had one phone, any other option? They said, "We can charge your credit card $650 send you a new phone, then when we get your phone we will give back your $650!" I said "No, I can’t do that. I’ll just send in my phone then". So off I sent my phone to them. I ended up using an old phone. I kept using my tracking number to see when my phone would get to them. When I noticed they had my phone I called in to ask what would happen now. They said “We do not have your phone in stock, would you take the other option?” I asked "What other option is there?" They said "We can send you a cheque for $600 so you can buy a new one!?" I said "There is no other option?" They said "No". So I opted for a cheque.

I kept calling every other day. That happened for about a month and half... kept asking where is my cheque? How long is this going to take? The response I kept getting was "I can escalate this!" "I’ll make a note of your calls." One of the workers actually said to me "I never knew anyone who has waited as long as you have!" I then asked "Well how long does this usually take?" They said "Only a couple months!" I said "Why have I been waiting so long then? Is all of Canada using their insurance? Are you guys out of money?" They didn't answer! As far as contact going I received one email to me saying my cheque was being processed! That's it. I am tired of waiting. This isn't how I thought this would turn out.

In February I submitted a claim for an iPhone 5. Same story. They charged 699 to my credit and would credit it back as soon as they received the phone. I sent the phone and they credited my card back the 699. I was then told that they couldn't find another iPhone 5. They said that they would send me a cheque for 750 to go towards replacing the damaged phone. By late February they started to say the cheque was being processed. I called almost every week for updates and right up until early May the cheque was still being processed. By then I was fairly certain that I was out of pocket the cost of the new phone that I bought when they first said they were sending a cheque.

Recently I found heard that they went bankrupt. I will never again buy a third party warranty. When I bought the replacement, I bought an extended warranty from Apple. It covers everything except loss and Water damage and only cost 99. Apple will normally just swap out the phone for a new one if they can't repair it in the store. There should be some recourse for all of us who are out so much money. Just curious, they pocket the money from the warranty and then do they repair and sell the phones we send back?? I wish there was a negative rating for this company!!!

I bought my Samsung S4 from a local Wind store with extended warranty from Global Warranty. I sent my phone in January this year as it had some water damage. I paid the $100 deductible. I called twice every month but only heard that the cheque was in the mail for 7 months. Last week I googled Global Warranty Group and read all the comments of other customers being scammed. I called their office in New York, didn't get an answer. I also called the store that had offered me this dreaded insurance. They completely ignored the situation and told me this was in no way their fault.

So I decided to contact the local news channel and wrote to them about my story. I gave the address and number of the store. The news channel gave the store a call on my behalf. Sure enough The store manager gave me a call within a couple of days saying I can come pick up a new phone. According to the news channel they had dealt with angry Global Warranty clients before and also had helped them receive their phones. I hope this will help anyone in this situation. I was in the same spot many of you are and it was awful. Good luck to all of you.

I have the same issues as everyone else. I purchased warranty on my phone through a Sasktel wireless dealer. When the phone broke, I was instructed by Sasktel to submit a claim. I was warned it would take a few weeks. I submitted a claim plus a $95 deductible to the Global Warranty group over two months ago. I sent my phone in and was told I would be issued a cheque. Called every week for two months, naively believing things were just taking that long to process. Now they no longer is in service. I contacted Sasktel - they took my information but I am not hopeful anything will come of this. I had to buy out my Sasktel contract, by the new phone and I paid the $95 deductible thinking I would be getting the $400 promised to me in my claim. Now I guess I am just out the full $400.

Same story as everyone. Phone broke and they called to say they couldn't find a replacement. They were sending me a cheque for 630.00 and needed a deposit on my old phone and like an idiot I gave it to them. Still have a voice mail saved on my phone where they let me know my cheque was on its way. That was in March. And naturally Rogers who sold me the insurance isn't standing behind the product they sold me.

I have the EXACT same story as others. Phone broke in April 2014. Took it to Sasktel. Sasktel told me to file a claim with GWG. Nice, helpful friendly service. I gave them my card # for the $100 which was to hold until my phone got there (Seemed weird). I questioned it and they said it was part of the process and if I didn't, they could not process my claim. I sent in the phone ASAP. They charged my card. No contact.

I called, they said they received my phone and it was being processed and I would receive a call in a week to let me know the status. I called after 2 weeks, they told me that they were looking for a HTC 1 and could not find one, that is why it took such a long time to get back to me. Told me that they would have to replace with a cheque. I asked how long the cheque would take and they said 2 weeks and that I could go out and buy a new phone and would have the cheque right away. I have called about every week since. Told the same thing... Being processed, sent to the escalation team, someone will contact me in 2-4 business days. No one did.

I am on month 5 of no cheque and charged the $100 that they claimed would be put back on my card once they got my phone in the mail. Now when you call, the phone drops the calls to 1-877-293-6843. Tried on several phones. I called Sasktel today and they reported having many problems with GWG. They noted it and said they have reps trying to deal with it.

I am not impressed. I lost a lot of money - $800 for new phone. The almost 2 months of not having a phone and still paying Sasktel ($140). The $100 put on my card. And what I paid for the previous phone (yup broken but it's gone - crack in the screen in the top corner and dropped calls once in a while), plus the $10/month that I have been paying GWG for how long? I will only include this year for 2 phones ($240). Add together and that is a lot of my hard earned money. This was the only insurance choice given to me by Sasktel and they strongly recommended it. Very not impressed.

I had problems with my Samsung Galaxy 3 phone. The camera would not work any longer as well as dropping calls. I called in my claim. I gave them my credit card # for the $95.00 charge. They told me they could not supply me with a new Galaxy 3 so they would send me a $550.00 cheque. This was on May 29th, 2014. They told me I had to send my phone in. So I mailed the phone in and they received it. I have called numerous times talking to people Bertha once Barbara another time as well as others about getting my cheque. They said it was being processed. I have been trying all week to get through to them but the phone says that all circuits are busy please call back later. Not sure what to do now.

On paper the insurance offered by Global Warranty Group is actually relatively comparable to other phone insurance companies. At least in some research I have done. However my huge problem with Global Warranty Group came when I filed a claim for a broken Iphone 5 in January 2014. Since Apple stopped production on that model the company offered to give me a check for $550.00. This would be a fine substitution, but the company took no effort to contact me to tell me that they would be offering me a check instead of a phone.

After a few days of waiting for my phone to come in the mail, I called the customer service who told me that they cannot replace my phone and that I will get a check instead. I was told this check is overnighted once processed. Six months have gone by and still no check. I call customer service weekly (who are genuinely very kind...more on that later). There is no estimate of when I will receive my check, the answer I get is that the check is being processed. When I ask to speak to a manager or someone in charge, I am told that the customer service line is actually a third party hired by Global Warranty Group and has no real contact with them. The only contact is digitally.

I find this alarming, because it seems to me to be a sign that a company has problems if they have to delegate their labor in such a fashion. It makes me feel terrible for the customer service representatives, because they are left powerless, and are essentially punching bags for the very mysterious Global Warranty Group. Global Warranty Group should change their name to Give Us Your Money For No Reason Group. I paid $180.00 when I purchased my phone for the insurance policy, another $180.00 when I filed my claim, an initial 550.00 dollar hold was put on my credit card and I had to pay about $550.00 for a new phone that I purchased with my own money. Thankfully I purchased the phone on my bank card and not a credit card, because the interest that would have accumulated would have made the situation all the worse.

Today is August 13th 2014, I just tried to make my weekly call to the customer service phone number, and the number seems to be disconnected. I went online to search for another number, and all associated websites with Global Warranty Group are offline. I have called Verizon Executive Offices and they informed me that Verizon stores have stopped carrying Global Warranty as an insurance provider. I have called Apple and they told me they do not deal with 3rd party insurance. I am left wondering what to do next. I think pursuing legal action is the only choice.

I'm into this company for 1500 dollars and I don't expect to hear anything from them... I sincerely believe I will be eating the cost myself... I have spoken to SaskTel and Prairie Mobile and apparently they are in conferences with GWG and hope to come to some resolution... Again, I have little or no faith that I will get any of my money back... I just wish I had known before I claimed two phones... I've been at this 3 months... I am now working with my credit card companies to see if they can recoup some of my losses but I am not hopeful. In the meantime, I will continue to pay down my card and chalk it up to lesson learned...

I had the same thing happen. I had my phone stolen/lost. I filed the claim and they said they don't have a phone but will send me a cheque for $650 after I pay $160 more. It's been over six months. They are not picking up phones? Maybe we all need to file a lawsuit against this group.

I have been told by Jump.ca that the above company has disconnected their phone lines as well as their website as of August 5th. I too am out of $$ and my cell phone. I suggest that you print off your claim status which you can still access.

I've been waiting since April for my cheque. I convinced them to give back my $380 though. Now they only have my $95 for processing but I am thinking that I will contact my credit card company to reimburse since no action has taken place still. Now I am waiting for the $500 cheque that apparently has been cut. Whoever your provider is that endorsed this warranty program should be responsible also. Rogers reimbursed a complaint victim in Vancouver BC after it hit the media. Check it out - (**) and now I am waiting for Bell to reimburse me if I don't get my cheque by Friday. GWG website is down and the 1-877 number rings forever busy and the 1-631-750-0300 number in New York isn't answering either. Again, make it be known to your provider who endorsed this program to ante up. Good luck to all that are in the same boat.

Put in 2 claims in December 2013, and they didn't have replacements, so they said they were issues cheques, of course they took their payments right away! Called every week and got the same thing. Sometimes I would get that the payment was being send out at the end of the month. I realize now that I am out the money paid to this company and will never get payment. This company are crooks but the bigger failure of them all...is the company that told me to purchase the extended warranty for the "peace of mind".

I hold ROGERS responsible for this. I trusted in them to give me the best advice and security, especially because I have been a loyal customer with them for years. I trusted Rogers to be as loyal to me as I was to them, and this is what I get? I think we should not only hold GWG responsible but also the carriers that sold us the policies. Someone should be blamed for these actions. If not the GWG, then the company that told us to purchase it!

I know that I might be out over $1000.00 on this sore subject, but my carrier is going to lose over $3000/year for this experience. So the only one that truly benefits from this event is GWG. Doesn't seem fair? I now feel like I have to check over everything I purchase from the companies I deal with, such an awful feeling. Could you imagine if the bank sold us the same crooked insurance on our mortgages or vehicles?

After having insurance on my phone via Telus and having problems with them, my Telus dealer recommended GWG well it's been 6 months and I haven't received a check like everyone else. They told me they didn't have my phone and had to send me a check. I've tried calling them but all I get is a busy signal and their website seems to no longer work. I know I'll never see that 700$ check that they own me. Please let me know if anyone is able to contact them or knows of a way to get your money back.

I opened a claim with them on June 29th for my Samsung S4. They said phone not available and I had to accept check for 650. That's after they made me put a 381 dollar deposit for the phone they were going to send, before they told me they didn't have one! So now I'm trying to call them and all their phone numbers are not working and none of their websites will work. I have called every number I could find and it says it has been disconnected! So does that mean they're out of business and I'm out $1031.00 plus the 100-dollar deductible? They said they would take the 381-dollar charge off my Visa when I sent in old phone which I sent and tracked it and they received it July 21st. What now!!!!

My daughter's phone stopped charging. I called and created a claim and was told I should have a replacement in a few days. I called back after a week and they hadn't started the claim process yet, weren't sure why. Called back again and it still hadn't started but finally got it going. Now phone is on back order and don't know when will have it. I have called probably 15 times on the original issue, always told it will be escalated and someone will call me and no one ever does. Now since it has passed a month they billed my credit card for the full price of the phone because I haven't sent in the old phone. But I haven't received the new phone yet and haven't received the shipping details that would have come with the phone. And now their phone has been busy for 3 days straight, all hours of the day so I can't even complain about that. I have filed a dispute with my credit card company and am just going to upgrade the phone and never use this company again.

I had a Samsung S3 that was smashed. I contacted GWG and I was instructed to pay $100 deductible and send them the phone. I did as they asked and they revived the phone and they would let me know if they are replacing it or sending me a check. I waited weeks and phoned them... They said that they could not find a replacement phone so they would send me $600... That was back in May. I have called and was told the check was approved but they could not tell me why I had not received it. They would escalate the claim and I would get a phone call... That never happened and I called many times.

Purchased new Samsung S4 phone from Battery Boys in Saskatoon, Sk. Purchased insurance, was not told that the insurance was not with Samsung nor Sasktel, nor Battery boys. Phone broke, made insurance claim. GWG immediately demanded that I pay the deductible on credit card of $100.00 which I did. Since that time absolutely no progress on this claim. Have called 7 times, each time they stated that they have approved the claim and since they were unable to provide a new phone, they would give me a cheque for $700.00. Each and every time I call, same ** crap from this company and it certainly looks like I am out the phone and $700.00. Considering legal action against this company.

I lost my phone at the start of June 2014. Unfortunately for me, Ensquared Insurance who covered my phone had gone out of business just weeks earlier. In an e-mail dated 22nd May, Ensquared had sent their customers contact details for submitting claims through Global Warranty Group. I called the call center number (866-554-8156) and spoke to a nice lady who told me that I needed to file a police report and then call back with the police report number. I did this and was told that I needed to pay a $179 claim fee in order to receive my replacement phone, which I did. After 1 week waiting for the phone to arrive, I called GWG call center again to find out where my phone was. They said they had been unable to locate an exact replacement model (it was an iPhone, the most ubiquitous model of handset on the planet!) and said they could send me a cheque for the market value of the handset instead.

At this stage I obviously just wanted to expedite things so I agreed and went and bought myself a new phone. Fast forward 2 months and it has become clear that I'm never getting that cheque! I called the GWG call centre several times during that period to inquire when I could expect to receive my cheque. The call center operators were polite but incompetent. They kept telling me that my claim was approved but that they had no way of finding out when it would be mailed to me. As of today, that GWG call center number is disconnected.

The other leads I have are the contact details for other people at GWG provided to me by Ensquared. These are:

Mandy ** | Customer Experience Manager | phone: **
Brian Mesenko |Vice President of Operations | 631.750.0300 ext **
Karl Lassig | Chief Operating Officer | **
Andrew J. Schenker | Chief Financial Officer 631.750.0300 ext. **

Charles S. Pipia | CEO (631) 750-0300 Ext. **

All of these numbers lead to voice mail messages for these people, but nobody has actually answered my calls or responded to my voice-mails since I've been trying to contact them. I've also tried contacting Starr Companies who underwrite GWG. Their contacts are:

Dana Bahlinger | Director, Client Services Extended Warranty Starr Indemnity & Liability Company | **

Michael Ryan | Vice President Warranty Products Starr Indemnity & Liability Company | **

I fully encourage every customer that GWG has extorted to harass these people into doing the morally right thing. However, I'm not holding my breath.

I bought iPhone 4s from US. It broke and I took it to a local Apple store in India. They refused to service or replace the phone even when it's under warranty. I asked the Apple support center and they said, "Sir, you have to send it to US for replacement." The cost of sending and receiving back is more than the cost of iPhone. Now I am left with a dead iPhone I can do nothing with.

Global Warranty Group Company Profile