Rose SpinelliCrowdfunding Contributing Editor
Rose Spinelli, founder of The CrowdFundamentals, is an internationally recognized crowdfunding specialist, mentor, trainer and writer. In 2014, she was voted one of the 100 Most Influential Thoughtful Leaders in Crowdfunding. Rose is the author of one of the first online crowdfunding courses called “Working the Crowd: Know the Fundamentals,” and she has served on a board of directors for the CrowdFunding Professional Association.
FundRazr is a Canadian donation-based crowdfunding website, headquartered in Vancouver and founded in 2009. The platform started out on Facebook, tallowing users a range of crowdfunding options, from medical expenses to animal care. It was also the first to provide a collaborative community payment model, which allowed monies to be deposited directly to a nonprofit or cause. Since then the company has continued to improve its services by making it faster and more secure for people to donate money to causes that matter to them.
- Personal coaching: Personal coaches at FundRazr can lead members through every step of the campaign creation process through live chat, how-to guides, a responsive support help center and more, making fundraising easy and effective.
- Social media tools: The company provides built-in sharing features connecting campaigns to Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn and via email in order to attract maximum viewership.
- Global fundraising: FundRazr is a global fundraising platform that can accept money in 25 currencies.
- Reasonable fees: Campaigns are free to create. FundRazr charges 5 percent of the total amount raised by a campaign in addition to a payment provider fee of 2.9 percent and 30 cents per transaction. A fee is not charged if no funds are raised.
- Secure transactions: FundRazr uses a secure system so donors can contribute money with PayPal, WePay, credit cards and debit cards. Choose the “keep it all” option and access funds immediately.
- Best for Families raising money for medical expenses, individuals who need help paying for legal services, people who want to use social media to raise money and non-profits that want to reach more donors will find Fundrazr suitable.
Question and Answers - FundRazr
What problem is FundRazr trying to solve?
- FundRazr is committed to helping campaigns achieve their goals through personal coaching, media outreach and social engagement. We are flexible and available to everyone, for any kind of cause, from almost anywhere in the world.
What needs do your products or services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
- FundRazr believes in the power of community support and storytelling. Since 2010, FundRazr has helped raise over $69 million from over 45,000 campaigns around the world. FundRazr’s crowdfunding platform is easy to use, inexpensive and leverages the power of the global online community with innovative technology and extensive partnerships.
Has FundRazr received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
- In 2014, FundRazr won the inaugural Vancouver Awards of Excellence in the Technology (under 25 employees) category. In 2013, FundRazr named Most Promising Startup Finalist in 2013 Technology Impact Awards (BCTIA). For more information visit our press page.
How has FundRazr grown or evolved?
- We are always innovating. From evolving new features for teams and non-profits to building new partnerships, such as our partnerships with PetFundr, fundrboogie, Dexterity Ventures Inc. and Place2Give, we are always enhancing the way people can contribute to the causes they care about, making it a truly social experience.
Compare Crowdfunding Sites
FundRazr Company Profile
- Company Name:
- Year Founded: