Rose SpinelliCrowdfunding Contributing Editor
Rose Spinelli, founder of The CrowdFundamentals, is an internationally recognized crowdfunding specialist, mentor, trainer and writer. In 2014, she was voted one of the 100 Most Influential Thoughtful Leaders in Crowdfunding. Rose is the author of one of the first online crowdfunding courses called “Working the Crowd: Know the Fundamentals,” and she has served on a board of directors for the CrowdFunding Professional Association.
More about Rose→
Fundable, launched in May 2012, has offices in Columbus, Ohio, and Santa Monica, California. Their business model, which is friendly both to those seeking rewards and equity campaigns, allows campaign creators to raise money from investors, customers, and friends. Fundable was launched by entrepreneurs who raised capital through angel investors and venture capitalists, making them uniquely qualified to guide and advise campaign creators looking the fundraising process. Angel investors and venture capitalists are among the prominent business people on its advisory board as well.
- Reputation: Fundable’s founders and board members add to the company's credibility and trustworthiness. They work closely with individuals and companies, providing personalized services such as profile and marketing advice. It has nurtured a large investor database, and campaign creators benefit from that targeted audience. In its first year Fundable generated $80 million in funding commitments.
- Rewards or equity: A startup chooses whether it wants to offer backers rewards or equity shares. Fundable recommends rewards for consumer-oriented businesses looking to raise less than $50,000 for pre-sale purposes and equity for business-to-business companies that want to raise between $50,000 and $10 million.
- Variety of companies: Diverse companies, whether they are product or service-oriented, can benefit from exposure on Fundable. Craft breweries and app development companies are among the wide-ranging successful businesses on the site.
- Customer service: Live chat is one unique customer support option on Fundable. The company also welcomes investor and business inquiries through email, phone and postal mail.
- All or nothing: Fundable helps protect investors by ensuring businesses are serious about campaigns by following the "all or nothing" model and requiring business plans.
- Best for Fundable works for most any type of small business, but especially for those looking for support in finding investors that are the right fit.
Compare Crowdfunding Sites
Fundable Company Profile
- Company Name:
- Year Founded:
- 1322 Manning Parkway
- Postal Code:
- United States