Fonality Business Phone Systems
3.82/5
Based on 360 reviews that contain star ratings
Are you this business? Claim your page

Looking for a good VoIP provider?

Fonality Business Phone Systems

Fonality provides unified phone systems and applications for growing businesses. More than 25,000 businesses in 99 countries rely on Fonality to help them remove the friction that slows business momentum. Our customers select the deployment, voice connectivity and payment options that best meet their needs.

360 Fonality Business Phone Systems Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 4, 2016

We use our Fonality system mainly for receiving and sending calls but I don't like the dropped calls. We’ve messed with these dropped calls ever since we got their phone system. I’ve already spent hundreds of dollars on trying to get this one up and running smoothly and it’s still not working right, and now they want me to put in a new router for $200, which will cost me more money. We constantly talk to the people at Fonality and they’re professional, helpful and very friendly, but they never really resolve a lot of things. We used CenturyLink before using Fonality, and it is much better.

Fonality Business Phone Systems response

Jennifer, we are extremely sorry to hear of your continuing issue with calls being dropped. This is certainly not the experience we want any of our customers to experience. Your account manager has been notified of your feedback and expressed issue and will be in touch to form the proper solutions necessary to ensure we get this fixed as quickly as possible for you and your team. We do greatly appreciate you sharing the professionalism of our team and the interactions you have experienced when working with Fonality. We will continue to stay in touch till a resolution has been reached.

Original review: March 25, 2016

The services Fonality provided was what I was looking for, so I went with them. Other than some minor issues, their system has worked great for eight years. I mostly use the queues in remote phones. I deal with the sales team whenever I need to add any new phones and/or any other parts of the system, and they're always great to deal with. The tech support is always there so I deal with them also on an ongoing basis. Fonality is a great company to work with. I'm very happy with them overall.

Fonality Business Phone Systems response

Ross we are loving this review!! Thank you for your continued business!

Original review: March 18, 2016

I used Vonage before but switched, and quality is a little better with Fonality. They also are affordable, have pretty competitive pricing. Whenever I have a problem, the technical team is really quite helpful. I can always reach somebody pretty quickly. But my original sales agent actually didn't honor the promotions that they have on their website. They have great customer service but slightly deceptive sales marketing tactics.

Fonality Business Phone Systems response
    Bryan thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and for making the switch over to Fonality. We are so happy to have you as a customer!

We are glad to hear that you are enjoying your system and that our sales and support team have given you the support you have needed.

Original review: March 10, 2016

I use my Fonality system for local calls. Their team has been pretty good and the only problem is they've been asking me "Did you do too much of the work?"

Fonality Business Phone Systems response

Tommy thank you for the review!

Original review: March 6, 2016

Due to the features of their system and good reviews, I switched to Fonality and have had a great experience. I had Vonage before which was more expensive, the service didn't work as good and had multiple interruptions. It hasn't been perfect with Fonality but the quality of service, the phones we're using with them and the tech support is better than with Vonage. However, the reporting from Fonality needs some better graphical work. I use the HUD Web feature of the phone the most and also use it mostly for domestic calls, as well as international, and we do receive many inbound calls everyday. The Fonality team have been able to fix our issues to the best of their abilities.

Fonality is one of the better telephone providers that I’ve ever used. I’m using them across the whole United States from Alaska, Florida and California. I have three offices and they’ve managed to maintain the network and call quality. I recently received 20 new phones. They replaced all my phones with new Polycom phones for no cost and that’s gonna improve the quality even this year. I see that they’re making investments every year and that translates into investing in us and we like that.

Fonality Business Phone Systems response

Eric thank you for your wonderful review. We are so glad to hear that you are happy with the transition from your old provider to Fonality. We value your business and hope to keep you as a very satisfied customer of ours for many, many more years to come. We are always looking for ways to improve our customers Fonality experience and we will be sure to share your review internally.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fonality?

Original review: March 2, 2016

We've been a customer of Fonality for about 10 years now, and the business interactions have been incredible. Fonality has some great features. The phone is obviously the most important to any business nowadays. We also use the HUD system which is a messaging aspect to where I can chat with other users that are online or offline. It's incredible. We just signed up for the video conferencing and the ability to schedule meetings within their Fonality mobile. We're going to start with that next week and we're excited about it. We’ve kind of jumped on the train in regards to everything that they’ve offered at this point, and we haven’t been unimpressed or dissatisfied with anything that they’ve thrown across the board. Customer service is always joyful and easy to talk to. They're responsive and willing to help us out.

Andrew this is GREAT!!!

Could not be more pleased to read your review, as it is beyond wonderful to read how you have just jumped in and enjoyed everything about your system.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2016

We used a different phone before using Fonality. The previous provider wasn't a voice over IP. It was just a simple phone with different lines and was a lot easier to use because we didn't have to work everything through a computer. But the computer does have its perks and we're still in the process of trying to figure everything out. We use the Fonality HUD for dispatching and for the most part, we haven't had that much problem with the team at Fonality. The first person we talked to was great. Had a couple of questions for another person and tried talking to them. He tried leading me off in a different area than what I wanted but we figured everything out in the end.

Fonality Business Phone Systems response
    Thank you for your review Will. We are glad to hear you are enjoying HUD.

If you are looking for an additional option to gain further information about what your system can do for you please check our Fonality Academy classes. They cover setting up, managing and showing you the fun features of your system. Our trainers do a fantastic job keeping the training fun and simple. They slot plenty of time for Q&A so you can be sure to ask any system questions you have. Please feel free to check it out http://www.fonality.com/fonality-academy

Original review: Feb. 25, 2016

I use Fonality for both inbound/outbound calls and I like its HUD feature. I’m in the back of the office and with it, I can check if my employees are on the phone or not when a call’s coming in. However, I think there’s a lot of problems with Fonality, as far as connectivity and lack of phone quality. I can’t tell how many times a day I pick up the phone to dial a number and the number doesn’t go in. I have to stop in the middle of punching a number in and redo it. Also, the quality of the voices is poor a lot of times. And I’m missing a lot of calls. So I haven’t had the greatest service. Lastly, it takes so long, waiting on hold, to get somebody on the phone, but the team is very helpful once you get somebody on the phone.

Fonality Business Phone Systems response
    Maggie we appreciate the HUD love!

We have reached out to the designated account manager on your account to let him know that you are continuing to experience issues with connectivity as well as physical phone issues. He will be reaching out to you yet this afternoon get further details so ensure we are able to escalate a service ticket to get them addressed asap.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2016

We use the Fonality System for business calls. Among its features, we use the do not disturb feature the most. I like the people on the computer because they were a lot nicer than the people on the phone. It's hard to learn this stuff and watch countless amounts of video to try to figure it out. That's kind of annoying. But when I was able to go online to the chat they were able to figure everything out. Thomas is our representative and he doesn't like to answer questions about how things work but he's great at always answering the phone when we need things done. Overall, it's been fun having Fonality.

Fonality Business Phone Systems response
    Sarah, thank you for sharing your review. Elated to hear that you're enjoying all the features that Fonality offers, including the ever so handy do not disturb feature. That has to come in handy during tax season. We are not very pleased to hear or your unpleasant experience with our support on the phones and will be sure to share your review with with proper parties.

In the mean time we wanted to make you aware of our Fonality Academy classes that cover setting up, managing and showing you the fun features of your system. Brian and his team of trainers do a fabulous job of making sure they keep the training fun and down right simple with plenty of time for Q&A so you can make sure to address any system questions you have. Please feel free to check it out it will not disappoint we promise. http://www.fonality.com/fonality-academy

Original review: Feb. 23, 2016

We've had a number of issues and Fonality resolved them. They've followed through but sometimes have taken a lengthy amount of time to get to the point of resolving the issues. Communication’s not always the easiest. I don't know if they're calling from a different country, but there was a little bit of a barrier. For the most part, the experience is going well.

Fonality Business Phone Systems response

Leann we are very appreciative you took the time to provide your review. We are sorry to hear you have had a number of issues however knowing that you have had them all resolved is wonderful! We have notified your account rep to ensure he reaches out to touch base and chat with you. He is always a great point of contact for you to utilize if you every have any issues.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2016

Because of the recommendation from a fellow Allstate agent, we got Fonality. We used a different business phone system before, but we like Fonality's much better. We are in the insurance business, so we are calling customers on renewals, calling people to quote and save money, and they’re calling us to make adjustments on their policies. We have three locations in three different areas, and we all can communicate with one another so it is highly functional even if we’re in different counties. It definitely made our transition easier. It’s a great way to develop connectivity with a team when you have multiple locations. It’s internet based, so we haven’t had a ton of issues as long as we have our internet. But Fonality is quick when we have issues.

Fonality Business Phone Systems response

Dawn thank you for the love! Thrilled to hear how much you are enjoying all the awesome features you have with your Fonality system and that your transition was an easy one. Thank your for being a stellar customer and a fabulous referral partner!!!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2016

We were looking for a Voice over IP phone system and we signed up with Fonality. The features are way better than our previous one, but it's not always so great for quality. We mostly use the HUDWeb, and also the phone-to-phone in-office, outbound and long distance call features. We've had quite a few issues and we've been on tech support a lot. We have been able to get past all the issues. The reps that we talked to were friendly. They have not always been capable of fixing our problems, but I don’t think that’s been typically their fault.

The only negative thing is that we were promised a local number from the beginning and they were unable to provide it. It would be really nice if we could call out on a local line because we can’t, and they are working with us on that. So we are given a bill credit for the difference to be able to have a local line and then forward it over to Fonality.

Fonality Business Phone Systems response

Gavin, Thank you for sharing your feed back. Fabulous to hear you are enjoying HUD! We are reaching out to your account rep to ensure we address the pain points you are having with your call quality issues as well as establishing a local number for your business. Please don't hesitate to email us at socialmedia@fonality.com with any questions or comments you have. We are always looking for ways to improve and provide the best possible service for each of our customers’.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2016

I was looking for a phone system and found Fonality. I use it in outbound calls to the insurance company and patients and mostly make use of the Transfer and the Hold and transfer. The Fonality team were very nice and were able to answer my queries on most parts. However, working with Fonality has neither improved nor hurt my business. We don't really care for the phone system that much because it's constantly cutting in and out. But it is reasonably priced so until we can afford to go with a better phone system, we'll stick with them. But once we can afford a better system, we'll be changing.

Fonality Business Phone Systems response

Rhonda we appreciate your feedback. Super glad to hear that you are pleased with our pricing and that it is working well with your budget. However we are not pleased to hear you are experiencing issues with calls cutting in and out. We have reached out to your account manager and he will be getting in touch with you to see what we can do to troubleshoot and get this issue fixed. Please do not hesitate to email us at socialmedia@fonality.com if there is anything we can do to improve your Fonality experience. Thank you

Original review: Feb. 19, 2016

With our Fonality system, transferring calls and checking voicemail is simpler and we can use the chat feature. We use its Heads Up Display feature. When we wanted to upgrade our system, since we've had Fonality for 10 years, Nash, the gentleman who helped us, was able to answer all our questions.

Fonality Business Phone Systems response

Gilbert this is great!!!! You have been with us from almost the very beginning and we are so very thankful for customers like you!!! We do hope that you are enjoying the upgraded system.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2016

Fonality is a good option if I have a good internet connection. The quality is not that good as the landlines, but the winning point is the cost. We used to have the cheapest, regular system - just the answering machine and the extensions to pass messages to the extension. We don't have a customer service implemented using the phone system, only the regular inbound/outbound calls. But we switched to another platform which is the HUD Web. It's a really good product, though we haven't used it in full, but I tried it when I was traveling to another country overseas and it's working very well. So, we are still trying to use it in the near future for our travel.

Fonality Business Phone Systems response
    Thank you for your feedback Ricardo. We are glad to hear you are enjoying HUD and that it was of great use while traveling. If you haven't already, please feel free to check out our Fonality Academy. We offer a range of classes that address managing your system with plenty of time for Q&A.

Learn more here: http://www.fonality.com/fonality-academy.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2016

The former CFO of our company decided it was time to go to a VOIP system. He researched and got hooked up with Fonality so we've been with them since 2009. At that time, VOIP systems were relatively new, so we decided to host our own and have been doing that ever since. We had to use multiple, different providers and a whole bunch of different things. Their support team has been really, really good and we always seemed to get what we needed. When we had phone problems, we always started with them and ended up finding out that it was one of our other providers that was screwing up, which was one of the reasons why we decided to get the hardware out of our building and let them take care of it. We are currently in the process of migrating away from our own hosted system but we're still staying with Fonality and moving to let them host the system.

We have two different HUD, one in Minnesota, one in California. We have about twenty five different customer service people in various parts of the country. And this Heads Up Display sits on our desktop and lets us see what everybody's doing at any given point in time and it's a very nice little feature. We have not yet migrated away and we still have a box in our place, but within the next 2-3 weeks, we'll be done with that. The bulk of our use for the system is in the inbound-800. We are a distributor of foil and latex balloons and balloon accessories. We have customers worldwide and mostly in the US that call us and place orders. We have a fax system, because there are still people that actually use that. We make outgoing calls as well.

It's not perfect but the support will always get us there. It is user-friendly and we have not experienced any issues. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to somebody. If we were starting all over again, they would absolutely be one of the people I would talk to. There may be other players in the game today that maybe are just as good, but I wouldn’t hesitate to say that we’ve been using it and we’re happy.

Fonality Business Phone Systems response

Bruce, hands down the most amazing review we could ever hope to receive! We are thrilled to have such loyal and awesome customers like you to share your Fonality system experience. We are thrilled to be hosting your service and look forward to many more years of being able to keeping you and your business flying high.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2016

Last week, the Fonality system went out three times on us, three days in a row. We weren't happy because that's our lifeline and use it mostly for sales calls. I chose Fonality before for their program. Our previous phone system wasn't Voice over and didn't tie in to our systems so I tried to link those together. I like the fact that I didn't have to purchase phones. I could get the phones through them as part of the service. I also like eAgent and the Heads Up, when a phone call is coming in. The customer recognition has helped improved our business. It speeds up the process knowing who's on the phone before they can identify themselves. Their team has been good. I had to add a phone about a month ago and it went smoothly.

Fonality Business Phone Systems response
    Thank you for your feedback Julie. We are glad to hear you are enjoying the integration with eAgent. We apologize for the outages that you experienced and we will be sure to notify your account rep to ensure he is in contact with you right away. If there is ever anything we can do to improve your Fonality experience please feel free to email us at socialmedia@fonality.com.

We are always looking to hear from our customers.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2016

We just got Fonality set up and it has only been live for about three weeks. We’re starting to use the HUD. We use it for call center purposes, mostly inbound, but make client survey calls with our clients. We're hoping the call center reports become very useful because we didn’t have that kind of reporting in our old system. However, we’ve had a lot of problems in trying to get it live as it took a lot longer than we expected. It was supposed to be a 30-day and ours took about 100 days. And we’re not really that complex so I think they’ve had some growing pains in the way they ship and fix products which I pointed out to them as we went along. We had problems with the servers going down, and nobody told us what was going on.

Fonality Business Phone Systems response
    Thank you Chris for sharing your experience and feedback. We do hope that you enjoy the reporting tool as it is a very useful feature. If you haven't already, please check out our Fonality Academy classes. They are set up to cover how to manage your system. There are various levels so you can be sure to signup for the class that best fits you. All classes are set to offer plenty of time for Q&A to address any specific questions you are needing to address after the class. http://www.fonality.com/fonality-academy

We are sorry to hear you experienced issues with getting your system setup and live. We strive to ensure our installations are as timely and painless as possible for our customers. Your feedback has been shared internally so we can strive to do better next time.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2016

Every time I call when there's an issue, it takes so long to get it resolved. They basically start with someone who sounds like they're training and they keep putting me on hold to go ask questions with someone else. Then they come back and ask another question, then put me on hold again and it takes forever. It takes an hour and a half to get anything done, if I'm lucky. The last time I called Fonality, they finally found someone who knew what to do so, I'll get her in the future, but it was a really frustrating experience.

Fonality Business Phone Systems response
    Jo, We are sorry to hear you did not get the technical support you were calling in for when getting your phones provisioned. I do see that we were able to get everything taken care of for you and that you are up and fully running, and that a refund was issued for those provisioning fees. We are very appreciative you took the time to provide your review. We are always looking for ways to improve and provide the best possible service for each of our customers. We would like to take this opportunity to hear more about the thoughts you have on how we can improve our services. Would you mind shooting us a quick note to socialmedia@fonality.com

Thank you!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2016

We've been with Fonality for years. The HUD goes down all the time, but they’ve all been great when I’m having issues. They’ve all been very helpful.

Fonality Business Phone Systems response
    Annette thank you for your review and your loyalty.

We will be sure to have your account manager reach out to you to see what we can do to resolve the issue of your HUD going down all the time because we simply cannot have that.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2016

Fonality's pricing was good. The phone system is for general office use, for outbound sales. I also use call forwarding whenever I'm out of the office. However, compared to Vonage, Fonality's confusing on the interface so it's hard to navigate. At this point, the system is not good or bad for our business, but it will help us in the future because I can place people anywhere. It’s good for my future growth. Their team has been mostly good. Although, one customer service associate wasn't so helpful when I needed help with something. He just sent me a link. On the contrary, Thomas, the sales guy, is outstanding.

Fonality Business Phone Systems response
    Keith, thank you for sharing your feedback. Thomas is great and we will make sure to pass your review onto him. When you have a moment please check out our Fonality Academy training. It will alleviate some pain points for you. Classes cover setting up and managing your system with plenty of time for Q&A so you can make sure to address any system questions you have.

Learn more here: http://www.fonality.com/fonality-academy.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2016

I used to have Verizon then switched to Fonality, and then I went over to Lightspeed. But I switched back to Fonality because Fonality changed their pricing, and I had a whole bunch of issues with the call quality from the other provider. Sometimes it sounded like I was talking on a cellphone when I'm calling from my office phone or people felt like I was talking from my cellphone. And then calls were being dropped just randomly while I'm in the middle of a conversation. We are on the phones most the day because that’s what we're doing in an insurance agency. The call quality and the ability to be able to manage various callers at the same time is really important to me.

With Fonality, I use the ability to have a phone in my home that works from my office line. We use the phone for outbound sales and inbound customer service. We also use their chat feature and HUD display. However, I've dealt with some of their people who are very inconsiderate and I don’t understand how they even have a job there. Aside from that, I'm happy with my experience.

Fonality Business Phone Systems response

Michael, Thank you for your feedback and your loyalty. We appreciate you coming back to Fonality. We are however extremely sorry to hear you have not had the best customer service when you call in. Your feedback has been shared with our team as we always want to ensure we are providing the best possible service to all our customers’.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2016

Fonality is a hundred times better than the premise-based PBX solution from Avaya. We use Fonality's HUDWeb the most. It has enabled us to have a remote workforce and a contingency strategy (especially during the times we have conditions in the building where we can't stay in it), and that's been very helpful. We mostly use it for inbound phone calls and during our peak season, we can receive upwards of a thousand calls a day. It is a very extensible system. We've been able to build both a number of integrations and processes around it. Their staff have also been great in answering any questions we've had. Everyone from their sales, customer success team and technical support has been knowledgeable, courteous and awesome to work with. The uptime and dependability have certainly helped us too. I'm overjoyed that we're doing business with them. We are looking to use it for outbound calling also but don’t have a team assembled for that yet.

High Five John!!!

So glad to hear how extremely deep your happiness for Fonality runs. We cannot thank you enough for being such a great customer!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2016

The owner of the business that I work for was looking for an online phone service, and we found Fonality. We just moved in to our office and everything isn't 100% set-up to do what we have to do. I had ordered the phones and got the service before we were in this office, and I'm wondering where the phonebook that I ordered is. The rep told me that it will be here in three to five days and it's been over a week. I got an email telling me that they were shipped so I got to see if there's a tracking thing so I could track the package.

Fonality Business Phone Systems response

Elena thank you for your review. We have alerted your account manager of the missing phone book and she is going to be reaching out to you yet today. Congratulations on the new location!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2016

The best thing with Fonality is the pricing because per line is cheap. We are able to have so many lines open by each people. We have better communication with customers. Everyone has a computer so everyone’s using the softphone and the HUD. We haven’t purchased any phones and it saved us a lot of money.

Fonality Business Phone Systems response

Thank you James for taking the time to share how you and your team are utilizing your Fonality system.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2016

I worked for Allstate Insurance and another fellow agent was signed up with Fonality so that's how I heard about them. Before using Fonality, we had Norstar Systems, a traditional plug in the wall type system, so this new system from Fonality has been the newest technology yet. The old was traditional phone wherein I pick it up and answer it. But this allows us to interface with our client management system so when the call comes in, we're able to see who we're talking to. And that's a huge help there. And then we have one of the recorder call features so I'm able to use it for training with my staff as well. We can also save the files which we call the conversation file through the individual client's portfolio. So, Fonality is way ahead of where the old system was.

We've enjoyed its benefits from different angles--from client satisfaction to employee training and then how the call being recorded helps everybody's behavior. Overall, I am satisfied with the service we've had. We were some of the first to use Fonality at Allstate and it's a growing thing technology and service-wise, but they've all been responsive to our needs. So it's definitely improved and satisfactory now.

Fonality Business Phone Systems response

Amazing review Ross! We are so glad to hear that you have taken advantage of the training and all the amazing capabilities of your system.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2016

We've had the phones for several years now, and the HUD system seemed to be working fine. Every once in a while, we have to swap out a phone if it's dead. But other than that, Fonality worked fine and it does what we need it to do. It has been a pleasant experience.

Fonality Business Phone Systems response

Sharon thank you for sharing your review of Fonality and a huge thank you for your continued loyalty to us!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2016

My current boss uses Fonality now and it works out pretty well in the. We used a different carrier prior but Fonality is much better overall. I use its HUD feature the most and use the system for all types of calling. It is easier for us to communicate within the offices and we’re able to get each call and not let any call pass through on. I worked with their tech support team who have been really good. They always call when they said they’re going to call and follow-up and make sure everything is okay. Everything’s been great and when we ever have a concern, they always address it right away. I’m very satisfied and I recommended people to use Fonality when I was in the training.

Fonality Business Phone Systems response

Blaire this is awesome! So glad to hear you are a happy and referring customer!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2016

We were using our sister company’s system which isn't a VoIP system before we had Fonality and decided to get in contact with Fonality because of the nature of cost and benefits. Fonality has a lot of good features with the downside of it being a VoIP system so if we have any kind of internet issues at all it kills our phone system, which is no fun. We use their click to call feature the most and the system for all types of calls, and business has been a little bit more efficient. Their representatives are helpful and follow up well although there are occasional issues when the new reps might not follow up as well.

Fonality Business Phone Systems response
    Jonathan we appreciate the time you took to provide your review. Anytime you have a problem please do not hesitate to shoot us a quick note with any issues you have/are experiencing to socialmedia@fonality.com

We are always looking forward to hearing what our customers ideas and thoughts are on ways to improve and provide the best possible service.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2016

We decided to contact Fonality because of their ability to link up with our e-agent program and we were thinking about changing over to Voice Over Internet Protocol since we still have landlines here with AT&T. Although we didn't have any trouble with AT&T, we ended up going with Charter for our internet provided because AT&T didn't have the bandwidth. Then we decided to leave on everything.

We use the Fonality system for mostly inbound calls. It would be for customer service primarily and use the outbound calls, secondarily, for sales. Fonality has improved our business. We could interact with other programs that Allstate has so that the caller's ID comes up on our screen so we can immediately document notes and we can record some calls when we feel it's necessary when we have a very irate customer.

We also use the Fonality system's administrative part to check on whether how many calls our people were actually taking and the duration of the calls because everybody thinks that they're totally swamped all the time, but they're not. We like that feature to be able to go in there and check the calls. We also like the HUD and that we can leave messages for each other on the intercom system. It works fine and we don't usually have any trouble with it. It​ works seamlessly with our other programs and that was a big reason for changing.

Fonality Business Phone Systems response

Kathy this is just Fabulous to hear! Thank you for sharing

Fonality Business Phone Systems Company Information