Fonality Business Phone Systems
3.80/5

Looking for a good VoIP provider?

Fonality Business Phone Systems

Fonality provides unified phone systems and applications for growing businesses. More than 25,000 businesses in 99 countries rely on Fonality to help them remove the friction that slows business momentum. Our customers select the deployment, voice connectivity and payment options that best meet their needs.

Looking for a good VoIP provider?

363 Fonality Business Phone Systems Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 12, 2016

Our officemate was researching on the internet and found some good reviews on Fonality. We had a different system before and Fonality is a step above. We have enjoyed the service. The fax part is amazing and has allowed us to be more efficient in tracking and receiving our faxes. We use the phones every day for general office use, but we haven't used the system to its full potential yet because we haven't had time. We struggled with the training for it because there was a communication gap with the person who was giving us our training on the phone. He wasn't very fluent in English. The troubleshooting part was very difficult as well. We weren't able to get our questions answered and had to figure out on our own the last time we called.

Andrea this is GREAT!!!
      Thank you for sharing your feedback, not to mention than you for looking over the reviews!!! When you have a spare moment please feel free to check out our Fonality Academy training site. Classes cover setting up and managing your system with plenty of time for Q&A and we offer numerous options for time slots which will work well with your schedule.

Learn more here: http://www.fonality.com/support/fonality-academy

Original review: June 7, 2016

I have my Fonality for general office use. The caller i.d. is what's used the most around here. However right now we're having a whole lot of phone troubles. We have calls come in that we can't answer and calls that come in and go to certain extensions but not all of the extensions. Also Fonality lacks the feature so it can be used as a speaker system in the warehouse.

Fonality Business Phone Systems response

Thank you Peggy for sharing your feedback. We have forwarded your review with your Account Manger as well as our support managers and we will be in touch to obtain further information from you to ensure we resolve your extension issues that you are experiencing right away.

Original review: June 1, 2016

A business colleague referred Fonality to me. I use most of its features in monitoring my agents. I use the system for Customer assistance and outbound too. So far, I have their team's support when I ask and then they call in a nice way.

Fonality Business Phone Systems response
      Carlos we are so thrilled to hear that you were a referral to Fonality! That truly makes this review even better! Glad to see you are enjoying the features of your phone system and that our team is taking great care of you. We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to share your experience.

Thank you!

Original review: May 31, 2016

Somebody my boss knew referred Fonality to him and that's how they got involved with our law firm in the first place. We were using Verizon and Comcast before and have just switched over to Fonality not that long ago. There have often been some issues like lost/interference with connectivity but we have more options on what we can do with Fonality such as recording calls - this could be used for training purposes.

Right now, we are still in the process of porting our numbers with Fonality. The phone system has a lot of different function, but we mostly use its HUD feature which enables us to send a quick note to somebody in the office. We could move our icons so people know that we're away and could also see if somebody's on the phone. Fonality also has a web-based HUF to keep us connected to the office even after office hours.

The process was a little dicey in the beginning - it was a little hands-on for us. Fonality sent us the equipment and we had to do the connection as well as learn all the features. There wasn't anyone local that was there to help so we interacted with their people through the phone. We had to schedule appointments for them to walk us through on the next steps and how to get things going. I think we'll give Fonality a year and see how it goes.

Mary Ann,

Thank you for your time to give Fonality a review. We are glad to hear that you and your team are using HUD and enjoying it. We have shared your review with your Account Rep and our installation team to ensure we have someone reach out to you to obtain a few additional details to see how we can improve upon the experience you have shared. Thank you again for your feedback our customers voices are important to us and appreciate your review.

Original review: May 29, 2016

I was having issues with 8x8 phone system so I decided to contact Fonality. I liked them better because of their HUD that really stood out to me as it was something that 8x8 wasn't offering at that time. The features of Fonality enhances the business. I use their HUD feature a lot and it does half of the calling process. It has the click to dial features so we don't need an outside dialing system. They have a whole lot of different avenues to use and have everything that we need for our employees in different states. My interactions with their team have been nothing but a pleasure. They're quick with assisting us anytime we go down and they always have a quick fix to most of my problems and so I love them.

Fonality Business Phone Systems response
      James we are so glad to have you as part of the Fonality Family!!

Thank you for your fabulous review! We Love you right back!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fonality?

Original review: May 28, 2016

We’ve been with Fonality for a year and a half, but we haven't really been happy with it. It has a lot of issues at any given week such as connectivity. Also, the administrative side where calls can be directed is very convoluted and sometimes the setting that we have don’t necessarily work. We’ve made calls to customer service to have them help us with certain things that were never resolved. The HUD goes down. There are dropped calls. It’s really frustrating.

There’s a lot to be desired. If the whole thing worked well, it would be a great system, but there seem to be so many technical issues all the time. If anything goes wrong, I’m the one who has to deal with it. We sell boats here. We’re in Michigan so we only have a certain amount of warm season and there are parts of the year where we’re super slammed, like right now. Issues always seem to happen at the worst time. I have to take time away from what I’m doing to call customer service. I don’t have time to do my actual work because I’m dealing with the problems with the phone.

Fonality Business Phone Systems response

Jessica, we have reached out to your account manager as well as our support managers to ensure we get the proper solutions in place to resolve your issues. We never want our customers focus to be on their phone system. Being able to help customer issues such as yours is one of the reasons Fonality has taken such an investment in review sites. Thank you for your time to place a review for us.

Original review: May 22, 2016

We're a really busy Chiropractor's office and we have a lot of people calling. We've been a long-time user of CenturyLink/Qwest and we found the price was a lot more economical with the Fonality products and it was easier to install because it was an IP-based system. The feature that we like the best about the system is the panel where we can set up the ACD. So it's easy for us to make changes to the way the phones ring, etc. However, some calls drop or something odd happens and their customer support was a bit hard to understand. But generally, we're satisfied with it.

Fonality Business Phone Systems response

Fabulous review Larry! We love hearing that Fonality is an easy system to customize! We have sent a message to your account manager to reach out and obtain a few additional details so we can diagnose what is going on and ensure you do not have any further dropped calls.

Original review: May 13, 2016

I was looking for an IP voice system and found Fonality. I used two or three other other systems before but they weren't as good. Our Fonality system isn't in full use yet since we're still getting it set up right now. But so far, their customer service has been good.

Fonality Business Phone Systems response

John thank you for your review. We are so excited to have you on-board!

Original review: May 11, 2016

We went through extreme distress with the system that we had before. One of my bosses went looking in the internet and came up with Fonality. We've been with them for nine years ever since. In terms of customer service, what happens is that they get a bunch of people trained so I know which ones are new when I get them on the phone, and so I bear through it. Then they get all trained up and everything's cool. The company has grown so much that they have to hire a new flock of people. So the cycle happens. However if I've got a real problem, I get back with my salesman and he gets an engineer on the phone and we get the thing fixed lickety-split.

The best part about Fonality is that, as the IT guy, I don't have to drive to each office to work on the server and take care of issues because I have access through the internet. We changed ISP for the last two years and Fonality is rock solid now. I've got a hosted server and we're transitioning to that, and there are all kinds of problems. Most of that is based on the fact that I can't focus on normal usage because my bosses want me to have users in both systems. Since that's not physically possible because I can't provision one phone to be in two phone systems at the same time, I'm busy trying to convince these two systems that they can talk to each other pleasantly without breaking either one. We're mildly successful but it's causing us to transition over to the hosted side quicker, but we're staying with Fonality.

Fonality Business Phone Systems response

Judy this is by far a wonderful review!!! (aside from you stilling having some problems). We have reached out to your rep to ensure we continue to help do any and everything possible to ensure your transition is as flawless as possible. We truly love everything you have expressed about Fonality and we are thrilled to have you as part of our family.

Original review: May 10, 2016

So far, Fonality has been fine. I've been happy with their service.

Fonality Business Phone Systems response

Thank you for your review Peter!

Fonality Business Phone Systems Company Information