Call toll free
3.32/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 2001, Flagship Merchant Services offers innovative transaction processing products and services to merchants. We have remained at the forefront of the industry due to expertise in and knowledge of today’s economy. We provide our customers unique programs and believe in the value that small to medium size businesses offer the marketplace. Accepting credit cards is an essential part of your business so it’s important you have a trusted provider.

B+BBB Rating
View More View More

Flagship Merchant Services Reviews

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I blocked iAccess Insights from taking monthly charges for optional service I didn't want for the last couple of years. Now, they decided to hold my funds for over one week because of that block. My bank and I have been on the phone with them, me many times. They insist on an official letter from my bank allowing for them to debit and credit my account which they've been doing for 5 years until they decided to hold my money. Now they're saying the letter is insufficient from my bank. I've requested that they send a sample letter with requirements they want included in it. They say they don't do that. Now they're asking for routing number, bank name, business name as well as my merchant account #, which is all they asked for yesterday. They do not want to release my money...basically. I'm consulting 2 lawyers at the moment. STAY AWAY.

Factual basis uncertain

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

Do yourself a favor as a business owner and stay FAR away from this company. It’s ok if you don’t fall into a problem (which is rare but the way). If you do just be forewarned that you will NOT receive customer support. All they do is transfer you to what it seems to be a non-existent department to handle support. It is super embarrassing when you have a client in front of you and you can’t come to a solution because the credit card processor that you pay for EVERY month does not answer! Awful!

Factual basis uncertain

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Flagship Merchant services had been overcharging me for months. Anytime I would call they would have one reason or the other for the charges. I decided in November to cancel their services. I had read many review that pointed to the fact that cancellation was near impossible and they would keep charging your account. I spoke to Patrice on November 11, and she told me the account had been closed. I called again on November 29th and was told that Patrice never closed the account and I would need a closure form for that. They never emailed the closure form. I called several times after that, holding on for 45 mins to an hour.

Finally on January 7th I got a hold of them and was told they had sent the closure form to the wrong email address. For years they sent my PCI compliance form to the right email address, but the day I needed to close the account they formulated a new email address for me. They also charged me $183.90 even though their statement said: Amount submitted 0. Third party transactions 0. Adjustments/chargebacks 0. Fees charged - $183.90.

When I called to challenge this the representative was rude and poorly trained, once I informed him that I was going to record the conversation for the news media he got very fearful and terminated the call refusing to give his name. I am now going to call ABC, NBC, NPR and any other investigative news channel who is interested in fleshing out fraud. They need to be exposed for the charlatans that they are! I give them a ZERO star for being a fraudulent company!

Factual basis uncertain

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

This company is not honest at all. Ended up paying $145 per month. I called to cancel been on hold for 45 minutes. When I finally got someone they said they would send over a cancellation email. Never received it. I am on the phone now as I am typing now. Been on hold for 20 minutes just to call back and tell them I have not received a cancellation email that you said you were going to send. Just ridiculous customer service. I hate that I even chose this company from the beginning. :(

Factual basis uncertain

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I signed up with Flagship for credit card processing 3 years ago. 2 years ago I got an email offering me access to a website for $29.99 which was supposedly voluntary. I noticed a charge for $29.99 in my bank account and called Flagship to decline the offer and request a refund. At first the rep I spoke to disputed the fact I was charged, saying I couldn't have been charged without accepting the offer. I told him I saw the bank to bank transaction with their phone number and I had told my bank to refuse the transfer which the bank had done and refunded the money. He told me he made not of my declining the offer and there would be no further charges. I didn't see any further charges until last month when the same charge again appeared on my account. I called the bank again and they told me they had been blocking the same charge every month for 24 months until the block expired.

I renewed the block and called Flagship. Turns out they were also charging me $19.99 a month on my statement for the same service which I had ignorantly overlooked for 24 months. I request a refund and I was told they couldn't do that because there was no evidence I ever declined the offer. They admitted I had never signed up or attempted to access the website but still, no refund. I finally spoke to a customer service rep who told me they'd refund 6 months, but when I told her I closing my account after the refund, she told me " if you cancel there will be no refund".

I wasn't about to be blackmailed so I told her ** and hung up the phone. I requested a closure form, got a new processor and submitted the form. Now I'm just waiting for Flagship to drop the next shoe and charge me some outrageous fee for closing. My advice, don't use them, but if you do get names, dates, numbers, email confirmation of all contact with them, watch your bank account closely and READ EVERY LINE OF YOUR MONTHLY STATEMENT!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Flagship Merchant Services?

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

This is one of the worst companies I've had to deal with in a long time. Bad customer service, they don't return phone calls, voice mails, or emails. Ever since I signed up with them, haven't been able to have anyone contact me back. They have however, tacked on an additional $34 a month fee which was not part of our original agreement. But when I call to inquire about it, I can't get in touch with anyone.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I'm a small consultant business and have only had the need to accept a credit card twice in 2 years so I requested to discontinue the high rate of $110.89 each month for nothing! First I cancelled authorize.net and they told me to call Flagship and gave me the number. I called to cancel and talked to a rep. That's it. I thought the issue was done until I got a call from the accountant asking what the charge was. The bank only had an 800 number and it took me some digging to find out it was Flagship. NOW they are saying I never called, I never filled out a form (which I didn't even know about) and I'm out almost $1000!!! My revenue is on $25,000 for the year. Terrible company. Just TRY to find a number to call them... impossible right. Next I'm calling the Attorney General's office!

Original review: May 9, 2018

I am a 700+ --- worth around $2.5 million. I filed taxes for $500,000 in income last year. One of my businesses sold a car to a customer for $3,500 ---- they held the money. The idiot on the phone said they need to verify the charge. We send them a credit authorization signed by the customer, a credit card slip signed by the customer, a bill of sale signed by the customer and text message authorization with driver's license and photos of the credit card. THEY WON'T RELEASE THE MONEY until customer answers his phone! Maybe he never will! So he got a free car! We are consulting our corporate attorney and I hope to sue their pants off for as much damages as the lawyers will allow. Don't care what it costs. They cannot claim the charge is not valid. The proof is overwhelming that the customer authorized the charge.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Last year we opened a merchant account with Flagship Merchant Services for a brand new 501c3 Non-Profit Community Theater so that we could sell tickets for a fundraiser. The set up was horrible, my rep was non communicative and we fell behind schedule from the get-go. After getting set up with them, the coordinator set up the wrong account as we asked to use Authorize.net and he set up with a different company, so we continued after many days to be behind. Since we fell behind so badly, I had to change the date of the event. The event lost steam, performers couldn't make the new date and so we canceled the event. I explained all of this to the rep and asked for my account to be put on hold. He never told me of the continued monthly fees. Since this was literally the ONLY thing active on our bank account, I never went back to check the account thinking we were good until I reactivated it.

Well after seeing numerous charges, I asked to cancel the account and be refunded. I filled out the form in December but since they didn't accept the signature, I was billed all the way until April. We NEVER ONCE used the merchant services but racked up a grand total of $799.73 in charges. I have spoken with several customer service agents and they have been completely unhelpful. If I could report this company to the BBB or other agencies I would. DO NOT use them as they are snakes and their i-portal takes on another fee, so their percentages and monthly costs are not accurately reported or shared. They have great SEO so they pop up on everything, but they've really hurt a brand new Non-Profit significantly and since my wife has terminal cancer, this $800 was an enormous burden.

Original review: April 11, 2018

There are unknown and changing fees. Even when you cancel and pay $250 and return unused equipment they still keep charging you saying you didn't cancel your other account which no one tells you about. You should be able to close the account with your merchant number! Would not recommend to any business owners I know.

Flagship Merchant Services Company Information