toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

After having a couple bad experiences with other merchant processing companies I found Flagship was rated #1 on the internet. I can tell you there's a reason they're rated #1. My sales rep Cory ** was extremely helpful and friendly. Everyone I've dealt with has been a pleasure.

Flagship Merchant Services

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

This company misrepresents their rates. One of my team members over charged a customer card. We were charged an excessive rate. We haven't been able to get an answer regarding why the rate was 4.62%. When we refunded the difference to our customer, we were charged 4.62% on the refund. The only option we were given was to fax a complaint to one of their departments. We never heard back from our correspondence. After several attempts to get this company to treat us fairly, we gave up. Absolutely, the most unethical company we've ever worked with. We've consistently been charged the highest possible rate on the rate sheet, and have never been able to get any reasonable answers as to why we are ending up with the highest rate. Do not use this company!

Flagship Merchant Services

We are sorry to hear of this customer’s negative experience. This post is not indicative of our business practices. I will be sure to voice your concerns to the upper management team.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

Flagship Merchant Services has some deceptive billing (charges) practices. They billed us for a full month the month before we had even received our credit card terminal. They also automatically enroll you in a Business Suite free for 90 days. You must cancel, which you can not do online, you must call. If you don't call to cancel, your bill will have an extra $19.95 charge on it each month. I feel this is a tricky business practice. I am sure some people don't go over their bills in detail and don't even notice they are being charged for this service, which I feel is not worth paying for. As far as the actual merchant service, it is acceptable. The terminal they supply works decently and they credit your account within 2-3 days for your sales.

Flagship Merchant Services

Original review: Nov. 11, 2016

Stay away!!! The sales rep Ryan ** promised rates of 2 to 2.5 % and NO extra charges. I switched from another processor because this company promised to beat others fees! Then, on every invoice the total fees were around 4-4.5%. So I called and asked and got the usual BS. Bank fees etc. The rep never responded to my emails. After a few months I wanted to cancel. Was told I cannot cancel yet, again, rep had told me otherwise, and had to wait until a year elapsed. So I put account on hold. They still charged $11 per months. Then when I wanted to send back card reader, I had to pay for that. So I did, but it came back REFUSED! Because RMA was partially blocked by a label they just refused it. I called, they will not pay for shipping and don't care. So now I will ship it again. Meanwhile they keep billing me $11 a month. Liars and POOR customer service. Stay away!

Flagship Merchant Services

The decision regarding the holding of the funds or closing the account for this merchant is made by the Loss Prevention/Security Team of iPayment. Flagship's role in the sales process with this merchant is to explain the rates and fees associated with credit card processing and the equipment used for said credit card processing. We then assist the merchant through the application, underwriting and boarding process of their merchant application and merchant account install. At that point, they have a merchant account with iPayment and all debiting and crediting and holding of funds are handled and determined by iPayment and we have no control over such decisions.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2016

They are rude horrible people that will wrongly take your money. When I just started my first business I saw these great reviews and rates posted. I set up my credit card account with them and they canceled it because "I moved the service address" (but I reported the moved previous to being sent (to the new address) the equipment and activating the account). They refuse to pay on any of the cards that had been swiped. They cost my BRAND NEW business almost a thousand dollars ($ a couldn't retrieve). Then, they charged me $500 cancellation fee. They said they would reverse the charge several times and never did. I used them for less than a month and it costed us about $1486. They are the complete worse.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Flagship Merchant Services?

Flagship Merchant Services

We regret that this merchant did not fully understand all of the terms of the agreement. The customer contacted our company, and was then connected to an account representative who went over the rates and fees of our merchantservices. The customer then provided their personal and proprietary information to the representative to prefill an electronic application and begin the approval/activation process. The application was sent over for the customer to review at which point they are able to do an "e-signature" with their mouse and they then answer security questions based on their personal history pulled from public records. The full agreement was available to print out via PDF. If you have any further questions, contact our office.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

Once Flagship's sales people get access to your checking account they will keep taking money and will make it impossible for you to stop it. I am a new business start-up and I decided to try accepting credit cards in April of 2016. The sales person, Andrew **, convinced me to try a phone swipe. I am a low volume high dollar business and most of my customers preferred paying by check. I contacted Andrew and he mentioned I could take cards over the phone and cancel the swipe. I told him no and then followed up with a cancellation email. At the end of April I received one bill in the mail for $60 that said they had debited my account. As it turned out, Andrew didn't cancel, he actually added another online account.

Flagship has been debited my account for the past 6 months for almost $200 per month. The charges show up each month in two separate debits ranging from $80 to $120 each with only my company name (not theirs). I thought they were transfers between my savings and checking. The name Flagship never appeared. They also never sent me a bill. They said they started saving paper in April and I would have had to go online to see the charges. Now they are saying I have to send a cancel request form that needs to be approved. This is a scam company. I never used their service and they have taken over $1,300 from my account (and will likely continue). I've placed a stop payment through my bank but since they vary the dollar amounts they take each month it will be hard to keep them from getting more.

Factual basis uncertain

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!! They're forcing you into contracts for termination fees even after seven (yes 7!) years of processing!!! No customer service!!! We paid with them around 7-8% for no good reason!!!! This is a fraud!!!

If you need your deposits to match on a daily basis this is not the company for you. We have a service company and rarely ever do the credit card deposits match the daily sales, so unless you are proficient at mixing and matching, daily reconciliation will be difficult. We have made repeated calls to Christopher and the processing department but apparently this cannot be resolved. Timing is not the issue as we had a charge 08/27 that was ran @ 11:30 am and it was included in the deposit for 8/26? No explanation why this was arbitrarily included in prior days business. Also, on another store $53.68 was not deposited with no explanation. Also, online access to detail can be irregular so it can be difficult to research your detail.

Factual basis uncertain

The sales rep at Flagship explained to me the costs for using their credit card service for my small business. He explained to me that I will be charged the lowest rates and sold me on all the additional services they provide, claiming it was all mine for a small monthly fee... The actual monthly cost turned out to be five times the amount he quoted me! 5 X's!! How does a legitimate business get away with something like this?

I was charged for service that I never use and I do not understand it. It is called "Company.com" and when I called the customer service and asked them, "What is that?" They said, "We sent you an email regards of this service. When you did not opt out we charged you!" Like I am supposed to look at every telemarketing email and opt out!!! There is a fee for the online app. There is a fee if you don't meet the minimum amount in charges per month. There's a fee for customer service, yet I had to talk to the worst supervisor who had a careless attitude!!! So that sales pitch was a complete lie and misrepresentation! I have to call every month to deal with the extra charge and request for a refund!!! I say SMALL BUSINESSES BEWARE, it will cost you a mint to use Flagship Credit Card Services over time.

Factual basis uncertain

I was looking at Flagship Company to do biz with them... So I did call them. Rep was very aggressive, never let me finish my point. All I want the info how it works. On end of the conversation he kind of force me to sign up which I refuse. He become very rude... I am glad I look up Reviews and Thank to all People gave us Feedback on them... Wonder if is there any other Company who is Honest with Customers... Flagship look like bunch of thieves and Crooks...

Flagship Merchant Services

We are sorry to hear of this customer's negative experience. For security purposes, we typically require signed authorization to terminate our electronic payments service. It does not appear the signed closure form was initially received. While we are confident all rates and fees were disclosed, we have requested a courtesy refund of $258.75 in service fees. This refund should deposit into the customer's checking account in the next 7 to 10 business days.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2016

I contacted Flagship Merchants Services to get a quote on credit card processing for my business. I informed my sales rep Mathew ** that we weren't quite ready to start given we are a new business and it would take a year to get our sales at a level that justified having credit card processing other than Paypal. ** convinced me that he could put the account in "suspend" mode until I was ready. Thankfully I didn't provide a copy of the voided check that undoubtedly would have led to my bank account getting charged for all the fees that I was being assessed on paper statements I was receiving.

Several months later I spoke with ** again and decided to move forward with Flagship even though our sales were low just so we could handle our occasional credit card transaction. I reconfirmed with ** that the advertised price of $12.95 per month was the only cost for my program other than the per transaction fees. Rej confirmed. Turns out there is an additional $15 per month charge if you don't meet minimum processing volumes.

My complaint is about principle. I don't like being lied to by an aggressive sales rep trying to earn a commission by closing a deal. ** knew that we were doing low volume and chose not to give me all of the required information because he knew I wouldn't move forward. Very shortsighted on his behalf. I will also be filing a complaint with the BBB and the Oregon Attorney General's Office. Moral of the story is don't use Flagship for low volume processing. While Paypal per transaction fees are significantly higher by the time you pay Flagships $12.95 + $15.00 volume charge it is about even, plus you don't have to worry about charges being hit to your checking account automatically. It is never a good idea to have a company like Flagship deducting money from your account.

Factual basis uncertain

I had a terrible experience with Flagship, and would never recommend them to anyone. My rep informed me the processing rate would be around 2.0%, and then I see 5.78% when my first statement arrives!! Who in their right mind would pay over 5.00% for processing credit cards?! In addition, my customer service rep failed to deliver with the customer service she promised. She explained to me that she would be my primary point of contact, but once I was signed up - she completely ignored my emails and phone calls. When I called customer service to report my concerns, the customer service rep said "I don't know why your fees are so high, they shouldn't be that high." When I asked about a refund, she said there was no refund and I have to pay the charges. This place is a scam, and should be shut down.

Factual basis uncertain

The sales rep at Flagship explained to me the costs for using their credit card service for my small business. He also touted that they have the lowest rates and sold me on all the additional services they provide, claiming it was all mine for a small monthly fee... He was good. Hopefully my experience will help you to not make the same mistake I did. The actual monthly cost turned out to be three times the amount he quoted me! 3 X's!! How does a legitimate business get away with something like this?

And when I went to customer service and asked them to remove only $13 from my bill (out of $52 that they say I owe them)... I was met with, "It's all in the contract", there is a fee for the online app, there's a fee for customer service, there is a fee if you don't meet the minimum amount in charges per month. So that sales pitch was a complete lie and misrepresentation! Of course, I have canceled service with Flagship. I say SMALL BUSINESSES BEWARE, it will cost you a mint to use Flagship Credit Card Services over time. I am going back to PayPal.

Factual basis uncertain

Flagship stopped sending me statements, then demanded extra money to send them, after I was a good customer for two years and had paid them 30,000 in fees. When I closed account woman on phone was rude and I believe unethical because she set things up so I would not get paid for my final day with them (hundreds in sales money lost) - but still took over a thousand out of my bank account AFTER I closed account, but would not pay me for hundreds processed BEFORE I closed it. Most unethical people I have ever dealt with in 63 years. Can't find out online who owns this company - offshore? Beware of Flagship!

Factual basis uncertain

The biggest scam artist ever! You will pay for services you NEVER agreed or KNEW about!

Flagship Merchant Services

Customer satisfaction is of paramount importance to Flagship and very much regrets if a business client is not satisfied with our services. While we believe that it is not appropriate to discuss this customer's specific account activity here, the funds referenced by the customer were addressed pursuant to the loss prevention procedures as referenced in the commercial agreement entered into between the parties. The customer has been informed of the status of the funds. Should the customer desire more specific information regarding their account, the customer is encouraged to contact us directly.

Original review: May 26, 2016

I wish I would have read the reviews on this company before I started doing business with them. I had a few issues with them right from the start but the big problem occurred when I processed a larger payment. They locked my account down and now I'm not even getting the funds from transactions. I processed days later and it's really affecting my day to day operations to say the least. I understand it's important for them to be cautious and I appreciate that but I can't get anyone to respond to my phone calls or e-mails day after day and when I do get someone on the phone they just hand me off to the next person and they even encouraged me when I threatened a bad review. The communication and customer service with this company is the worst I've ever experienced.

Factual basis uncertain

I got call from my accountant last week. He couldn't understand a fee I have paying since January of 2015. I called my bank. They said it was Flagstaff Merchant Services. I had then called Flagstaff to explain to me why they were taking 29.99 out my account every month. After 32 minutes on hold they got back on the phone - it was a form (that I never received) but they said they sent every month to my email. We searched our emails and never found this form. So I figured time to go to my own bank. I again called Flagstaff another 45 minutes on the phone to try to close my account. I purchased my terminal from them and now they cannot unlock it so we can download our bank merchant. 3 hours on the phone again last night and was told by Flagstaff that I have buy a new terminal from my bank.

I really believe that the government should step in on these merchant service businesses. They are the biggest ripoffs. You would think that a company that makes 24,000 dollars a year off customers they would work with you. But not true the customer service was rude and no idea how to help me. Then last night the technical support that I spoke with was of no help trying to unlock our terminal. I think they do it on purpose so you have purchase a new terminal. I don't recommend Flagstaff to anyone. They had a good rating when we enrolled with them but then came those hidden cost. Their rating is now C, was A.

Factual basis uncertain

I would suggest people who are looking for good customer service, go somewhere else. Had a bad cc machine, no response and said they would get back to me. I'm running a business. I need help now, not 4 hours from now! Also, the pricing is skewed and hidden. Watch out for additional charges. Cancelled my service and was a total hassle. Never again. Beware.

Thank you so much for having a gal like Elsie ** on your staff. Excellent in every way. Thanks again.

Factual basis uncertain

Started first week in December and saw the reviews online so we decided to sign up. When we called and talked to a sales rep he told us no early termination fee and promised us lower rates. We decided to sign up and when we got the machine next month and got our first statement the fees weren't what he told us and when we tried to cancel they told us a $250 early termination fee would have to be charged. Not only that but it takes an average of 30 minutes to get hold of any customer service and when they said they would call us back asap we would not receive a call back for days.

My rep was fast, efficient and knowledgeable. She returned my calls immediately. I highly recommend Flagship.

Cory was quick and thorough. Great customer service. Prompt response and follow up with questions. Knowledgeable.

I would like to thank Cory ** for the high level of service he provided to me while setting up my account. He was available each time I called, or returned my call quickly. He answered all my questions and even assisted my with Authorize.net set-up. I will recommend Cory to all my business associates.

Flagship Merchant Services

Original review: March 3, 2016

I have just signed up with Flagship. One of my larger transactions was flagged and held. When I called to get this straightened out I was hassled and told that any overdraft fees would not be covered and that only a small portion would come back. When I asked why I was NOT contacted all I got was a arrogant answer of "yes we did". The best part is when the "person" I was dealing with tried to send me an email, surprise, surprise. It didn't go thru. If only I could give them zero stars because that's what they deserve.

Factual basis uncertain

I opened this account with your organization and they have been holding my funds. My eBay customers are angry and cancelled the order and gave me negative feedback. I asked Martin ** to help, I can't even get a return email or a call. I have called over 17 times and can send a snapshot of my bill and you can see no return phones calls but one prior to my 17 calls. I can't get my Martin to help facilitate anything because he won't communicate with me. I called his supervisor today and he said he would help me. CLOSE MY ACCOUNT. I DO NOT WANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH YOU FLAKEY COMPANY!!! Martin is a awful, unresponsive REP (NO Value Added) and not an asset to your organization.

I am very pleased with Corey as my representative. He has fully taken care of my needs so far.

Cory was absolutely amazing. He walked me through the process and told me what to expect and he had us up and running before the end of the business day. He was also very friendly and asked questions about the business which I thought was really cool. After all was said and done we also saved a ton of money compared to our old provider! Thanks again Corey!

I had a great experience with Vincent. He was very prompt and professional. He answered all my questions and concerns that I had.

I really love that if I have any questions about anything there's someone I can talk to at any time.

Martin has provided tremendous services since we were first in contact. Being a new business owner and working with merchant accounts for the first time is very confusing. Martin has made everything easily understandable and has been very patient since day 1. He is always ready to answer the phone, or at least return a call as soon as possible, and I would recommend him as the agent to work with for anyone looking to open an account with Flagship.

Flagship Merchant Services Company Profile