Consumer Reviews and Complaints

• 4 stars8
  • 3 stars0
  • 2 stars1
  • 1 stars7

Founded in 2001, Flagship Merchant Services offers innovative transaction processing products and services to merchants. We have remained at the forefront of the industry due to expertise in and knowledge of today’s economy. We provide our customers unique programs and believe in the value that small to medium size businesses offer the marketplace. Accepting credit cards is an essential part of your business so it’s important you have a trusted provider.

After having a couple bad experiences with other merchant processing companies I found Flagship was rated #1 on the internet. I can tell you there's a reason they're rated #1. My sales rep Cory ** was extremely helpful and friendly. Everyone I've dealt with has been a pleasure.

If you need your deposits to match on a daily basis this is not the company for you. We have a service company and rarely ever do the credit card deposits match the daily sales, so unless you are proficient at mixing and matching, daily reconciliation will be difficult. We have made repeated calls to Christopher and the processing department but apparently this cannot be resolved. Timing is not the issue as we had a charge 08/27 that was ran @ 11:30 am and it was included in the deposit for 8/26? No explanation why this was arbitrarily included in prior days business. Also, on another store $53.68 was not deposited with no explanation. Also, online access to detail can be irregular so it can be difficult to research your detail.

Factual basis uncertain

The sales rep at Flagship explained to me the costs for using their credit card service for my small business. He explained to me that I will be charged the lowest rates and sold me on all the additional services they provide, claiming it was all mine for a small monthly fee... The actual monthly cost turned out to be five times the amount he quoted me! 5 X's!! How does a legitimate business get away with something like this?

I was charged for service that I never use and I do not understand it. It is called "Company.com" and when I called the customer service and asked them, "What is that?" They said, "We sent you an email regards of this service. When you did not opt out we charged you!" Like I am supposed to look at every telemarketing email and opt out!!! There is a fee for the online app. There is a fee if you don't meet the minimum amount in charges per month. There's a fee for customer service, yet I had to talk to the worst supervisor who had a careless attitude!!! So that sales pitch was a complete lie and misrepresentation! I have to call every month to deal with the extra charge and request for a refund!!! I say SMALL BUSINESSES BEWARE, it will cost you a mint to use Flagship Credit Card Services over time.

Factual basis uncertain

I was looking at Flagship Company to do biz with them... So I did call them. Rep was very aggressive, never let me finish my point. All I want the info how it works. On end of the conversation he kind of force me to sign up which I refuse. He become very rude... I am glad I look up Reviews and Thank to all People gave us Feedback on them... Wonder if is there any other Company who is Honest with Customers... Flagship look like bunch of thieves and Crooks...

Flagship Merchant Services

We are sorry to hear of this customer's negative experience. For security purposes, we typically require signed authorization to terminate our electronic payments service. It does not appear the signed closure form was initially received. While we are confident all rates and fees were disclosed, we have requested a courtesy refund of $258.75 in service fees. This refund should deposit into the customer's checking account in the next 7 to 10 business days.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2016

I contacted Flagship Merchants Services to get a quote on credit card processing for my business. I informed my sales rep Mathew ** that we weren't quite ready to start given we are a new business and it would take a year to get our sales at a level that justified having credit card processing other than Paypal. ** convinced me that he could put the account in "suspend" mode until I was ready. Thankfully I didn't provide a copy of the voided check that undoubtedly would have led to my bank account getting charged for all the fees that I was being assessed on paper statements I was receiving.

Several months later I spoke with ** again and decided to move forward with Flagship even though our sales were low just so we could handle our occasional credit card transaction. I reconfirmed with ** that the advertised price of $12.95 per month was the only cost for my program other than the per transaction fees. Rej confirmed. Turns out there is an additional $15 per month charge if you don't meet minimum processing volumes.

My complaint is about principle. I don't like being lied to by an aggressive sales rep trying to earn a commission by closing a deal. ** knew that we were doing low volume and chose not to give me all of the required information because he knew I wouldn't move forward. Very shortsighted on his behalf. I will also be filing a complaint with the BBB and the Oregon Attorney General's Office. Moral of the story is don't use Flagship for low volume processing. While Paypal per transaction fees are significantly higher by the time you pay Flagships $12.95 + $15.00 volume charge it is about even, plus you don't have to worry about charges being hit to your checking account automatically. It is never a good idea to have a company like Flagship deducting money from your account.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Flagship Merchant Services?

Factual basis uncertain

I had a terrible experience with Flagship, and would never recommend them to anyone. My rep informed me the processing rate would be around 2.0%, and then I see 5.78% when my first statement arrives!! Who in their right mind would pay over 5.00% for processing credit cards?! In addition, my customer service rep failed to deliver with the customer service she promised. She explained to me that she would be my primary point of contact, but once I was signed up - she completely ignored my emails and phone calls. When I called customer service to report my concerns, the customer service rep said "I don't know why your fees are so high, they shouldn't be that high." When I asked about a refund, she said there was no refund and I have to pay the charges. This place is a scam, and should be shut down.

Factual basis uncertain

The sales rep at Flagship explained to me the costs for using their credit card service for my small business. He also touted that they have the lowest rates and sold me on all the additional services they provide, claiming it was all mine for a small monthly fee... He was good. Hopefully my experience will help you to not make the same mistake I did. The actual monthly cost turned out to be three times the amount he quoted me! 3 X's!! How does a legitimate business get away with something like this?

And when I went to customer service and asked them to remove only $13 from my bill (out of $52 that they say I owe them)... I was met with, "It's all in the contract", there is a fee for the online app, there's a fee for customer service, there is a fee if you don't meet the minimum amount in charges per month. So that sales pitch was a complete lie and misrepresentation! Of course, I have canceled service with Flagship. I say SMALL BUSINESSES BEWARE, it will cost you a mint to use Flagship Credit Card Services over time. I am going back to PayPal.

Factual basis uncertain

Flagship stopped sending me statements, then demanded extra money to send them, after I was a good customer for two years and had paid them 30,000 in fees. When I closed account woman on phone was rude and I believe unethical because she set things up so I would not get paid for my final day with them (hundreds in sales money lost) - but still took over a thousand out of my bank account AFTER I closed account, but would not pay me for hundreds processed BEFORE I closed it. Most unethical people I have ever dealt with in 63 years. Can't find out online who owns this company - offshore? Beware of Flagship!

Factual basis uncertain

The biggest scam artist ever! You will pay for services you NEVER agreed or KNEW about!

Flagship Merchant Services

Customer satisfaction is of paramount importance to Flagship and very much regrets if a business client is not satisfied with our services. While we believe that it is not appropriate to discuss this customer's specific account activity here, the funds referenced by the customer were addressed pursuant to the loss prevention procedures as referenced in the commercial agreement entered into between the parties. The customer has been informed of the status of the funds. Should the customer desire more specific information regarding their account, the customer is encouraged to contact us directly.

Original review: May 26, 2016

I wish I would have read the reviews on this company before I started doing business with them. I had a few issues with them right from the start but the big problem occurred when I processed a larger payment. They locked my account down and now I'm not even getting the funds from transactions. I processed days later and it's really affecting my day to day operations to say the least. I understand it's important for them to be cautious and I appreciate that but I can't get anyone to respond to my phone calls or e-mails day after day and when I do get someone on the phone they just hand me off to the next person and they even encouraged me when I threatened a bad review. The communication and customer service with this company is the worst I've ever experienced.

Factual basis uncertain

I got call from my accountant last week. He couldn't understand a fee I have paying since January of 2015. I called my bank. They said it was Flagstaff Merchant Services. I had then called Flagstaff to explain to me why they were taking 29.99 out my account every month. After 32 minutes on hold they got back on the phone - it was a form (that I never received) but they said they sent every month to my email. We searched our emails and never found this form. So I figured time to go to my own bank. I again called Flagstaff another 45 minutes on the phone to try to close my account. I purchased my terminal from them and now they cannot unlock it so we can download our bank merchant. 3 hours on the phone again last night and was told by Flagstaff that I have buy a new terminal from my bank.

I really believe that the government should step in on these merchant service businesses. They are the biggest ripoffs. You would think that a company that makes 24,000 dollars a year off customers they would work with you. But not true the customer service was rude and no idea how to help me. Then last night the technical support that I spoke with was of no help trying to unlock our terminal. I think they do it on purpose so you have purchase a new terminal. I don't recommend Flagstaff to anyone. They had a good rating when we enrolled with them but then came those hidden cost. Their rating is now C, was A.

Factual basis uncertain

I would suggest people who are looking for good customer service, go somewhere else. Had a bad cc machine, no response and said they would get back to me. I'm running a business. I need help now, not 4 hours from now! Also, the pricing is skewed and hidden. Watch out for additional charges. Cancelled my service and was a total hassle. Never again. Beware.

Thank you so much for having a gal like Elsie ** on your staff. Excellent in every way. Thanks again.

Factual basis uncertain

Started first week in December and saw the reviews online so we decided to sign up. When we called and talked to a sales rep he told us no early termination fee and promised us lower rates. We decided to sign up and when we got the machine next month and got our first statement the fees weren't what he told us and when we tried to cancel they told us a $250 early termination fee would have to be charged. Not only that but it takes an average of 30 minutes to get hold of any customer service and when they said they would call us back asap we would not receive a call back for days.

My rep was fast, efficient and knowledgeable. She returned my calls immediately. I highly recommend Flagship.

Cory was quick and thorough. Great customer service. Prompt response and follow up with questions. Knowledgeable.

I would like to thank Cory ** for the high level of service he provided to me while setting up my account. He was available each time I called, or returned my call quickly. He answered all my questions and even assisted my with Authorize.net set-up. I will recommend Cory to all my business associates.

Flagship Merchant Services

Original review: March 3, 2016

I have just signed up with Flagship. One of my larger transactions was flagged and held. When I called to get this straightened out I was hassled and told that any overdraft fees would not be covered and that only a small portion would come back. When I asked why I was NOT contacted all I got was a arrogant answer of "yes we did". The best part is when the "person" I was dealing with tried to send me an email, surprise, surprise. It didn't go thru. If only I could give them zero stars because that's what they deserve.

Factual basis uncertain

I opened this account with your organization and they have been holding my funds. My eBay customers are angry and cancelled the order and gave me negative feedback. I asked Martin ** to help, I can't even get a return email or a call. I have called over 17 times and can send a snapshot of my bill and you can see no return phones calls but one prior to my 17 calls. I can't get my Martin to help facilitate anything because he won't communicate with me. I called his supervisor today and he said he would help me. CLOSE MY ACCOUNT. I DO NOT WANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH YOU FLAKEY COMPANY!!! Martin is a awful, unresponsive REP (NO Value Added) and not an asset to your organization.

I am very pleased with Corey as my representative. He has fully taken care of my needs so far.

Cory was absolutely amazing. He walked me through the process and told me what to expect and he had us up and running before the end of the business day. He was also very friendly and asked questions about the business which I thought was really cool. After all was said and done we also saved a ton of money compared to our old provider! Thanks again Corey!

I had a great experience with Vincent. He was very prompt and professional. He answered all my questions and concerns that I had.

I really love that if I have any questions about anything there's someone I can talk to at any time.

Martin has provided tremendous services since we were first in contact. Being a new business owner and working with merchant accounts for the first time is very confusing. Martin has made everything easily understandable and has been very patient since day 1. He is always ready to answer the phone, or at least return a call as soon as possible, and I would recommend him as the agent to work with for anyone looking to open an account with Flagship.

Vincent was completely helpful on answering all my questions pertaining to switching credit card merchants. I look forward to working with him and Flagship Merchant Services on building a long business relationship.

Cory was very knowledgeable and patient with my questions.

Vincent made the experience very great to open a new account with Flagship.

Could not be happier, card reader works perfect, I can call and talk to a live person. Not wasting my time pushing buttons or on hold. I would recommend to anyone that wants a reader to go with you.

Corey was very informative and helpful in getting our business setup as a new account. We look very forward to doing business with your company.

I recently started a new business and was clueless about how to handle credit card payments. My bank referred another company to me but after doing my own research, I chose Flagship Merchant Services. Cory ** became my account representative. He answered all my questions and was very patient and extremely helpful. I highly recommend!

Expert Review

Beverly HarzogCredit Cards Contributing Editor

Beverly Harzog is a nationally-recognized credit card expert, consumer advocate and author. She’s appeared on Fox News, CNN Newsource, NBC New York and more. Her advice has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Money Magazine, CNNMoney.com, The New York Times, Kiplinger, Real Simple, Time.com, Family Circle and much more.    More about Beverly→

Since its beginning in 2001, this company is an established leader in the transaction processing industry. The company welcomes small and medium-sized businesses, but caters to big companies. Their top clients include Subway, Verizon, Mac Tools and Avon.

• Flexible contracts: Flagship acknowledges that companies have a variety of needs. Instead of long-term contracts, the company offers month-to-month plans, which have no cancellation fees. This can offer great value for companies like startups that want to get great service without breaking the budget.
  • Free EMV/NFC terminal: Open an account and you don’t have to pay for a fully compliant and up-to-date terminal that processes both EMV and NFC. Restrictions may apply.
  • Free credit card reader: Every Flagship account comes with a complementary mobile credit card reader to help businesses get started selling right away.
  • 24/7 support: Dedicated representatives are always available for immediate merchant support.
  • Don’t pay extra for American Express: They offer American Express processing at the same rate as Visa, MasterCard and Discover.
  • Best for Businesses of all sizes since they have flexible and customized plans for more personalized service.

Flagship Merchant Services Company Profile