3.3/5 (266 ratings)

About Flagship Merchant Services

Founded in 2001, Flagship Merchant Services offers innovative transaction processing products and services to merchants. We have remained at the forefront of the industry due to expertise in and knowledge of today’s economy. We provide our customers unique programs and believe in the value that small to medium size businesses offer the marketplace. Accepting credit cards is an essential part of your business so it’s important you have a trusted provider.

Flagship Merchant Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Flagship Merchant Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Flagship Merchant Services?

Original review: June 29, 2022

To simply describe this service in 3 words, it is extremely DECEIVING, UNETHICAL AND DISHONEST. Stay away from this scammers!! So far this has been the most unpleasant experience dealing with a "service" like this. Brendan ** was my account rep and he GUARANTEED that I was only going to pay 9.85 a month but when I get the statement I get charged 21.80 just in undisclosed fees plus the 9.85. I spoke to Brendan about it and he PROMISED to process a refund for 21.80 four weeks ago and I am still waiting. He stopped answering emails and calls and all his colleagues I spoke to would lie about the refund and also say it is processing. Until this day I have not heard from Brendan or the so called "supervisor" that was supposedly going to call me about this issue. A company like this should not be in business with such a poor delivery of services.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

I went with Flagship because of their rates. But, as with most things, you get what you pay for. I was promised a cash drawer for my mini system and I agreed to pay for a kitchen printer. My representative said I would have those items about a week after I received my Clover Mini. It has now been over 2 months and I leave him messages, but he never returns my calls. I call customer service and they always say the same thing, 'it'll be about a week'. I am completely dissatisfied with Flagship Merchant Services and I wish I had never signed a contract with them.

Get buying tips about Credit Card Processing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

I would not ever do business with this company again. I cancelled my account and much later realized they were still charging me every month. I even had notes and a case number of the conversation of when I cancelled, but of course when I called back, that was "not a valid case number" and they "didn't show any record of my phone call". Fees are too high on a monthly basis as well. I would recommend a different credit card merchant.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

They needed my account and routing for my business account about 5 months ago so I noticed a 126.00 charge last month. Had to have the bank trace the charge to even find out who it was. I've never once used their service and come to find out they charged it the previous month as well. Then when I call they said, "Just sign a cancelation form then we will give a refund." Weeks ago I call back. They see that I called but no notes about a refund. I've wasted hours in the phone and nothing has been done. Do yourself a favor and avoid these people at all cost and do not give them your bank info.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I first signed up with this fraudulent company on 2015 and cancelled my service on 2016. Today February, 2020 I have just noticed that I have been charged a monthly fee all this years, not by them directly but by the service it seems they sold to me. I signed up with them and they signed me up with Authorize.net??!! So when I made it to cancel my account with Flagship, they did not cancel my account with the Authorize net, which I was not aware of. Of course 0 emails from them; 0 mail from them. Only the eternal monthly charges for more than 5 years!!? HOW CAN THIS BE LEGAL??!! Someone has to be able to stop this abuse!!! Please!!

Unfortunately, the factual basis of this review is uncertain.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

Flagship is the worst hotel to go to especially if you need somewhere to stay. They don’t treat their employees right , bed bugs , roaches .They had one good employee that was working and she actually worked and everyone loved her , except the people she worked with including managing . A whole lot of tricking going on in Flagship & people that work there selling drugs and the managers see it but don’t do anything they still let them stay there . If you wanna be a slave don’t work at Flagship . They want you to do their laundry too . There are rooms that are bad . Don’t waste your money on these rooms because they always mess somebody money up . They need the healthdapartment .

Flagship Merchant Services response

Factual basis uncertain. This review is meant for a different company as we do not provide lodging services.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

I am trying to Close all my accounts due to their high rates and they do not give any option to close the accounts thru their website or other portal. Trying to call them for the last three weeks, but getting nowhere. If someone comes on the phone, they transfer you here and there and then disconnect. Very frustrating. I am planning to file a complaint to FTC. I would not recommend this company to anyone even if they give you the best rates in the world. Once they get your business by giving you the Teaser rate, they get you forever.

Unfortunately, the factual basis of this review is uncertain.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I am calling them all the time trying to CLOSE my account with them. I am waiting on the phone each time between 30 minutes to an hour. This is going on already one week, trying to CLOSE my account with no any result. I am closing account due HIGH deduction each month, so read very carefully each print before you make any decision to choose them as your merchant company.

Flagship Merchant Services response

We are sorry to hear of this customer’s negative experience. For security purposes, we require signed authorization to cancel our merchant accounts. Based on the account notes for this customer, the account was closed within 24 hours of receipt of their signed closure request. We can confirm this account is fully closed.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

Be careful if you would like to work with Flagship, you must read the contract. They gathered my application information over the phone, and they wanted to send me the contract while they talk to me, so they do not want me to read anything. When I asked for some time to read the contract, I figured out that the information in the application is totally different from what I said over the phone. I asked to have payment processor on my website, but they mark that I asked for getting all my order over the phone. When I asked Casey about this point over the phone, he said it is just application. So I am confused what does that mean. I do not think they are straight to work with. Based on the reviews that I read on this web site, I was suspicious to work with them.

Unfortunately, the factual basis of this review is uncertain.

Original review: July 30, 2019

If there something more than worse bad horrible I would say it. I don’t recommend anyone join that bad company. Agent from customer service he was the worst. Cameron **. And there is more people. This company is horrible.

Flagship Merchant Services response

We regret that this merchant did not fully understand all of the terms of their agreement. The customer contacted our company, and was then connected to an account representative who went over the rates and fees of our merchant services and came to an agreement on a solution. The customer then provided their personal and proprietary information to the representative to pre-fill an electronic application and begin the approval/activation process. The application was sent over for the customer to review and submit at which point they are able to do an "e-signature" with their mouse and they then answer security questions based on their personal history pulled from public records. Additionally, The full agreement was available to print out via PDF upon submission. Lastly, when the customer informed our Support team of their desire to terminate their agreement, they were provided with instructions on exactly what is needed to fulfill their request. For security purposes, we require signed authorization from the customer to cancel our merchant accounts. Unfortunately, it does not appear we initially received this customer’s closure form when they were first provided instructions. We can confirm this account has since been closed and any associated ETF has been waived.

Flagship Merchant Services author review by Beverly Harzog

Since its beginning in 2001, this company is an established leader in the transaction processing industry. The company welcomes small and medium-sized businesses, but caters to big companies. Their top clients include Subway, Verizon, Mac Tools and Avon.

• Flexible contracts: Flagship acknowledges that companies have a variety of needs. Instead of long-term contracts, the company offers month-to-month plans, which have no cancellation fees. This can offer great value for companies like startups that want to get great service without breaking the budget.

• Free EMV/NFC terminal: Open an account and you don’t have to pay for a fully compliant and up-to-date terminal that processes both EMV and NFC. Restrictions may apply.

• Free credit card reader: Every Flagship account comes with a complementary mobile credit card reader to help businesses get started selling right away.

• 24/7 support: Dedicated representatives are always available for immediate merchant support.

• Don’t pay extra for American Express: They offer American Express processing at the same rate as Visa, MasterCard and Discover.

by Beverly Harzog Credit Cards Advisor

Beverly Harzog is a nationally-recognized credit card expert, consumer advocate and author. She’s appeared on Fox News, CNN Newsource, NBC New York and more. Her advice has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Money Magazine, CNNMoney.com, The New York Times, Kiplinger, Real Simple, Time.com, Family Circle and much more.

Flagship Merchant Services Company Information