Call toll free
3.34/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 2001, Flagship Merchant Services offers innovative transaction processing products and services to merchants. We have remained at the forefront of the industry due to expertise in and knowledge of today’s economy. We provide our customers unique programs and believe in the value that small to medium size businesses offer the marketplace. Accepting credit cards is an essential part of your business so it’s important you have a trusted provider.

B+BBB Rating
View More View More

289 Flagship Merchant Services Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 30, 2019

If there something more than worse bad horrible I would say it. I don’t recommend anyone join that bad company. Agent from customer service he was the worst. Cameron **. And there is more people. This company is horrible.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Card Processing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 20, 2019

I am a small business that processes credit card sales at events all over the country. I need dependable credit processing equipment and solid support should there be a problem. The equipment from my previous processing company was undependable so, despite them having good 24/7 phone support, I started shopping for better equipment. After reading a number of review sites, I landed on Flagship Merchant Services -- or so I thought. I signed up with Flagship, but ended up with two separate companies, Paysafe for mobile devices, and AprivaPay for a Clover Flex. Each has their own customer support and neither works.

The Flex seems to work well, but when I tried to find the answers to a couple of simple questions online -- like how to closeout transactions for the day so I could put the funds in my bank, I couldn't find an answer. When I called customer service at Apriva, I was told to "Press 1 for English" then was put on hold for 45 minutes with nobody ever coming on the line. I tried this several times and got no place. The only thing I can conclude is that Apriva does not want me to actual be able to talk to somebody. They got several hundred dollars from me for my Clover Flex, but do not support it at all. And when I talked to a competition company about transferring the equipment I was told I cannot transfer the equipment. I feel like I was totally ripped off.

The three mobile payment devices I got from Paysafe never worked -- remember, this was l all supposed to be from Flagship. They were not properly programmed before they were sent out. After multiple phone calls and emails, and multiple assurances that they would personal see that things were handled, nothing more has ever happened. It's been over 6 weeks and I still have not been able to use the equipment. That is totally unsatisfactory.

I depend on my crews being able to make sales and when they have to hand type all customer credit info for every sale, instead of swiping a card, that takes lots of extra time and that lost time cost sales and money in my pocket. I'm writing this post to tell everyone that my experience with Flagship is that they are a bait and switch operation. Once they have your money they could care less about servicing your account. Stay away from them and find a company that values your business and that deals with you honestly and above board.

Flagship Merchant Services response

The factual basis of this review is uncertain

Original review: April 18, 2019

I was told Flagship was purchased by another company in October 2018. Beginning in November they started charging a "Month End Charge" (a minimum of $80) in addition to other fees regardless of sales. I am an extremely small catering company with minimal sales so upwards of $80 each month is a big hit to my earnings. I contacted customer service several times over the past few months in order to lower the fees. I was left on hold for over 30 minutes each time and nothing was ever accomplished. When I asked to speak to a manager on several occasions I was told that they were assisting other callers and would return my call as soon as possible.

Days would go by and I would have to call back only to be subjected to the same non-caring rude customer service reps who would give me every run-around imaginable as to why the fees were so high and why they held funds back from my account stating there were further fees upwards of $100 each time. This was one of the most upsetting and worst experiences I've ever had.

Factual basis uncertain

Original review: April 15, 2019

I just open a Merchant account with Flagship almost 3 weeks ago. The instructions came via email and the CC processor took approx 5 days to get to me. All communication between sales rep and technical support was good until I ran into problems setting up. The merchant act test deposit did not go thru and cc processor was not working. Chris from tech support told me that it might be than when setting up they might have missed or incorrectly enter a # and that he will have to call me back. That was week ago and no call, no email NOTHING!

I have become a pest calling daily and emailing daily both Chris and sales rep Casey and absolutely no answers back. Furthermore I call their 800 # and ask to speak to a supervisor...answer was they do not transfer direct calls to supervisors. I requested to speak to customer svcs and is the same run around. FLAGSHIP DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS AT ALL. STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

Factual basis uncertain

Original review: March 8, 2019

I sincerely hope that all C-level executives in this company serve jail time, that the company as a whole is taken down, and that each person working in it wakes up to the harm they're doing. Month one: I sign up for Flagship and discover the sales person drastically lied about all fees. They're more than double what I agreed upon. Sales person evades all calls and emails from there on out. Multiple conversations with representatives who tell lie upon lie about lowering your fees, to keep you hanging long enough to keep processing with them, but never return the promised call backs regarding fees. (a call back to this company = a lie they tell you to string you along) (note: long story why I stayed and let it get to the point below...)

Eventually I sign paperwork taking out a cash advance with their partner company. I agree to keep processing through them until the loan is paid off. Immediately upon taking this loan, they MORE THAN DOUBLE my (already doubled from originally promised) fees overnight. Countless hours spent trying to get them to reduce them, even worse lies and being strung along.

Until they discover I have stopped processing with them. Then they threaten a lawsuit against me. I insist I would like to pay, but I refuse to pay through processing at this point. They do everything they can to try to take me to court and collections, as opposed to just LETTING me pay the way I've asked to do. Each communication I have with someone within their company is met by disdain, complete disregard for humanity or compassion, making threats toward me, not listening to my countless attempts to bring some integrity to the situation, and causing chaos when I was asking to just get everything resolved.

It is evident that every person working within this company has bought into the fear based tactics. And it is evident that every single thing they do is intended to take as much as they think they can get away with without regard for the service they are claiming to provide. If anyone reading this would like to file a class action lawsuit, I'm 100% in.

Factual basis uncertain

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Flagship Merchant Services?

Original review: March 1, 2019

How can they still be in business from scamming all these people. PEOPLE BEWARE. They will charge you $45 PCI Non-Action Fee, $119.00 Enhanced Security fee, $20 data protection bundle, $99 conversion Fee, $30.00 PCI Non-Action Fee. Scam artists at their finest. Will be contacting my lawyer, they better not send this to collections.

Factual basis uncertain

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I just discontinued using Flagship Merchant services for my business. The rates started out low but climbed progressively higher over the course of a few years with no warning. Further - I was deceptively enrolled in a service that I never used that charged a monthly fee of $29.99. The fee was debited directly from my bank account along with other merchant fees with no statements or notice of enrollment. Customer service was terrible at addressing this matter - hold times are incredibly long and it took service reps over a week to properly address the matter. There are much better merchant providers out there. Do not be fooled by low introductory rates.

Factual basis uncertain

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I blocked iAccess Insights from taking monthly charges for optional service I didn't want for the last couple of years. Now, they decided to hold my funds for over one week because of that block. My bank and I have been on the phone with them, me many times. They insist on an official letter from my bank allowing for them to debit and credit my account which they've been doing for 5 years until they decided to hold my money. Now they're saying the letter is insufficient from my bank. I've requested that they send a sample letter with requirements they want included in it. They say they don't do that. Now they're asking for routing number, bank name, business name as well as my merchant account #, which is all they asked for yesterday. They do not want to release my money...basically. I'm consulting 2 lawyers at the moment. STAY AWAY.

Factual basis uncertain

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

Do yourself a favor as a business owner and stay FAR away from this company. It’s ok if you don’t fall into a problem (which is rare but the way). If you do just be forewarned that you will NOT receive customer support. All they do is transfer you to what it seems to be a non-existent department to handle support. It is super embarrassing when you have a client in front of you and you can’t come to a solution because the credit card processor that you pay for EVERY month does not answer! Awful!

Factual basis uncertain

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Flagship Merchant services had been overcharging me for months. Anytime I would call they would have one reason or the other for the charges. I decided in November to cancel their services. I had read many review that pointed to the fact that cancellation was near impossible and they would keep charging your account. I spoke to Patrice on November 11, and she told me the account had been closed. I called again on November 29th and was told that Patrice never closed the account and I would need a closure form for that. They never emailed the closure form. I called several times after that, holding on for 45 mins to an hour.

Finally on January 7th I got a hold of them and was told they had sent the closure form to the wrong email address. For years they sent my PCI compliance form to the right email address, but the day I needed to close the account they formulated a new email address for me. They also charged me $183.90 even though their statement said: Amount submitted 0. Third party transactions 0. Adjustments/chargebacks 0. Fees charged - $183.90.

When I called to challenge this the representative was rude and poorly trained, once I informed him that I was going to record the conversation for the news media he got very fearful and terminated the call refusing to give his name. I am now going to call ABC, NBC, NPR and any other investigative news channel who is interested in fleshing out fraud. They need to be exposed for the charlatans that they are! I give them a ZERO star for being a fraudulent company!

Flagship Merchant Services expert review by Beverly Harzog

Since its beginning in 2001, this company is an established leader in the transaction processing industry. The company welcomes small and medium-sized businesses, but caters to big companies. Their top clients include Subway, Verizon, Mac Tools and Avon.

• Flexible contracts: Flagship acknowledges that companies have a variety of needs. Instead of long-term contracts, the company offers month-to-month plans, which have no cancellation fees. This can offer great value for companies like startups that want to get great service without breaking the budget.

• Free EMV/NFC terminal: Open an account and you don’t have to pay for a fully compliant and up-to-date terminal that processes both EMV and NFC. Restrictions may apply.

• Free credit card reader: Every Flagship account comes with a complementary mobile credit card reader to help businesses get started selling right away.

• 24/7 support: Dedicated representatives are always available for immediate merchant support.

• Don’t pay extra for American Express: They offer American Express processing at the same rate as Visa, MasterCard and Discover.

• Best for: Businesses of all sizes since they have flexible and customized plans for more personalized service.

Profile picture of Beverly Harzog
Beverly Harzog Credit Cards Contributing Editor

Beverly Harzog is a nationally-recognized credit card expert, consumer advocate and author. She’s appeared on Fox News, CNN Newsource, NBC New York and more. Her advice has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Money Magazine, CNNMoney.com, The New York Times, Kiplinger, Real Simple, Time.com, Family Circle and much more.

Flagship Merchant Services Company Information