Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Get Started
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.30/5
Get Started

Founded in 2001, Flagship Merchant Services offers innovative transaction processing products and services to merchants. We have remained at the forefront of the industry due to expertise in and knowledge of today’s economy. We provide our customers unique programs and believe in the value that small to medium size businesses offer the marketplace. Accepting credit cards is an essential part of your business so it’s important you have a trusted provider.

View More View More
Flagship Merchant Services Call Now Toll Free (866) 370-8248 Get Started Get Started
Call Now Toll Free

Flagship Merchant Services Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I first signed up with this fraudulent company on 2015 and cancelled my service on 2016. Today February, 2020 I have just noticed that I have been charged a monthly fee all this years, not by them directly but by the service it seems they sold to me. I signed up with them and they signed me up with Authorize.net??!! So when I made it to cancel my account with Flagship, they did not cancel my account with the Authorize net, which I was not aware of. Of course 0 emails from them; 0 mail from them. Only the eternal monthly charges for more than 5 years!!? HOW CAN THIS BE LEGAL??!! Someone has to be able to stop this abuse!!! Please!!

Unfortunately, the factual basis of this review is uncertain.

Get buying tips about Credit Card Processing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

Flagship is the worst hotel to go to especially if you need somewhere to stay. They don’t treat their employees right , bed bugs , roaches .They had one good employee that was working and she actually worked and everyone loved her , except the people she worked with including managing . A whole lot of tricking going on in Flagship & people that work there selling drugs and the managers see it but don’t do anything they still let them stay there . If you wanna be a slave don’t work at Flagship . They want you to do their laundry too . There are rooms that are bad . Don’t waste your money on these rooms because they always mess somebody money up . They need the healthdapartment .

Flagship Merchant Services response

Factual basis uncertain. This review is meant for a different company as we do not provide lodging services.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

I am trying to Close all my accounts due to their high rates and they do not give any option to close the accounts thru their website or other portal. Trying to call them for the last three weeks, but getting nowhere. If someone comes on the phone, they transfer you here and there and then disconnect. Very frustrating. I am planning to file a complaint to FTC. I would not recommend this company to anyone even if they give you the best rates in the world. Once they get your business by giving you the Teaser rate, they get you forever.

Unfortunately, the factual basis of this review is uncertain.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I am calling them all the time trying to CLOSE my account with them. I am waiting on the phone each time between 30 minutes to an hour. This is going on already one week, trying to CLOSE my account with no any result. I am closing account due HIGH deduction each month, so read very carefully each print before you make any decision to choose them as your merchant company.

Flagship Merchant Services response

We are sorry to hear of this customer’s negative experience. For security purposes, we require signed authorization to cancel our merchant accounts. Based on the account notes for this customer, the account was closed within 24 hours of receipt of their signed closure request. We can confirm this account is fully closed.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

Be careful if you would like to work with Flagship, you must read the contract. They gathered my application information over the phone, and they wanted to send me the contract while they talk to me, so they do not want me to read anything. When I asked for some time to read the contract, I figured out that the information in the application is totally different from what I said over the phone. I asked to have payment processor on my website, but they mark that I asked for getting all my order over the phone. When I asked Casey about this point over the phone, he said it is just application. So I am confused what does that mean. I do not think they are straight to work with. Based on the reviews that I read on this web site, I was suspicious to work with them.

Unfortunately, the factual basis of this review is uncertain.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Flagship Merchant Services?

Original review: July 30, 2019

If there something more than worse bad horrible I would say it. I don’t recommend anyone join that bad company. Agent from customer service he was the worst. Cameron **. And there is more people. This company is horrible.

Flagship Merchant Services response

We regret that this merchant did not fully understand all of the terms of their agreement. The customer contacted our company, and was then connected to an account representative who went over the rates and fees of our merchant services and came to an agreement on a solution. The customer then provided their personal and proprietary information to the representative to pre-fill an electronic application and begin the approval/activation process. The application was sent over for the customer to review and submit at which point they are able to do an "e-signature" with their mouse and they then answer security questions based on their personal history pulled from public records. Additionally, The full agreement was available to print out via PDF upon submission. Lastly, when the customer informed our Support team of their desire to terminate their agreement, they were provided with instructions on exactly what is needed to fulfill their request. For security purposes, we require signed authorization from the customer to cancel our merchant accounts. Unfortunately, it does not appear we initially received this customer’s closure form when they were first provided instructions. We can confirm this account has since been closed and any associated ETF has been waived.

Original review: May 20, 2019

I am a small business that processes credit card sales at events all over the country. I need dependable credit processing equipment and solid support should there be a problem. The equipment from my previous processing company was undependable so, despite them having good 24/7 phone support, I started shopping for better equipment. After reading a number of review sites, I landed on Flagship Merchant Services -- or so I thought. I signed up with Flagship, but ended up with two separate companies, Paysafe for mobile devices, and AprivaPay for a Clover Flex. Each has their own customer support and neither works.

The Flex seems to work well, but when I tried to find the answers to a couple of simple questions online -- like how to closeout transactions for the day so I could put the funds in my bank, I couldn't find an answer. When I called customer service at Apriva, I was told to "Press 1 for English" then was put on hold for 45 minutes with nobody ever coming on the line. I tried this several times and got no place. The only thing I can conclude is that Apriva does not want me to actual be able to talk to somebody. They got several hundred dollars from me for my Clover Flex, but do not support it at all. And when I talked to a competition company about transferring the equipment I was told I cannot transfer the equipment. I feel like I was totally ripped off.

The three mobile payment devices I got from Paysafe never worked -- remember, this was l all supposed to be from Flagship. They were not properly programmed before they were sent out. After multiple phone calls and emails, and multiple assurances that they would personal see that things were handled, nothing more has ever happened. It's been over 6 weeks and I still have not been able to use the equipment. That is totally unsatisfactory.

I depend on my crews being able to make sales and when they have to hand type all customer credit info for every sale, instead of swiping a card, that takes lots of extra time and that lost time cost sales and money in my pocket. I'm writing this post to tell everyone that my experience with Flagship is that they are a bait and switch operation. Once they have your money they could care less about servicing your account. Stay away from them and find a company that values your business and that deals with you honestly and above board.

Flagship Merchant Services response

The factual basis of this review is uncertain

Original review: April 18, 2019

I was told Flagship was purchased by another company in October 2018. Beginning in November they started charging a "Month End Charge" (a minimum of $80) in addition to other fees regardless of sales. I am an extremely small catering company with minimal sales so upwards of $80 each month is a big hit to my earnings. I contacted customer service several times over the past few months in order to lower the fees. I was left on hold for over 30 minutes each time and nothing was ever accomplished. When I asked to speak to a manager on several occasions I was told that they were assisting other callers and would return my call as soon as possible.

Days would go by and I would have to call back only to be subjected to the same non-caring rude customer service reps who would give me every run-around imaginable as to why the fees were so high and why they held funds back from my account stating there were further fees upwards of $100 each time. This was one of the most upsetting and worst experiences I've ever had.

Factual basis uncertain

Original review: April 15, 2019

I just open a Merchant account with Flagship almost 3 weeks ago. The instructions came via email and the CC processor took approx 5 days to get to me. All communication between sales rep and technical support was good until I ran into problems setting up. The merchant act test deposit did not go thru and cc processor was not working. Chris from tech support told me that it might be than when setting up they might have missed or incorrectly enter a # and that he will have to call me back. That was week ago and no call, no email NOTHING!

I have become a pest calling daily and emailing daily both Chris and sales rep Casey and absolutely no answers back. Furthermore I call their 800 # and ask to speak to a supervisor...answer was they do not transfer direct calls to supervisors. I requested to speak to customer svcs and is the same run around. FLAGSHIP DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS AT ALL. STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

Factual basis uncertain

Original review: March 8, 2019

I sincerely hope that all C-level executives in this company serve jail time, that the company as a whole is taken down, and that each person working in it wakes up to the harm they're doing. Month one: I sign up for Flagship and discover the sales person drastically lied about all fees. They're more than double what I agreed upon. Sales person evades all calls and emails from there on out. Multiple conversations with representatives who tell lie upon lie about lowering your fees, to keep you hanging long enough to keep processing with them, but never return the promised call backs regarding fees. (a call back to this company = a lie they tell you to string you along) (note: long story why I stayed and let it get to the point below...)

Eventually I sign paperwork taking out a cash advance with their partner company. I agree to keep processing through them until the loan is paid off. Immediately upon taking this loan, they MORE THAN DOUBLE my (already doubled from originally promised) fees overnight. Countless hours spent trying to get them to reduce them, even worse lies and being strung along.

Until they discover I have stopped processing with them. Then they threaten a lawsuit against me. I insist I would like to pay, but I refuse to pay through processing at this point. They do everything they can to try to take me to court and collections, as opposed to just LETTING me pay the way I've asked to do. Each communication I have with someone within their company is met by disdain, complete disregard for humanity or compassion, making threats toward me, not listening to my countless attempts to bring some integrity to the situation, and causing chaos when I was asking to just get everything resolved.

It is evident that every person working within this company has bought into the fear based tactics. And it is evident that every single thing they do is intended to take as much as they think they can get away with without regard for the service they are claiming to provide. If anyone reading this would like to file a class action lawsuit, I'm 100% in.

Flagship Merchant Services author review by Beverly Harzog

Since its beginning in 2001, this company is an established leader in the transaction processing industry. The company welcomes small and medium-sized businesses, but caters to big companies. Their top clients include Subway, Verizon, Mac Tools and Avon.

• Flexible contracts: Flagship acknowledges that companies have a variety of needs. Instead of long-term contracts, the company offers month-to-month plans, which have no cancellation fees. This can offer great value for companies like startups that want to get great service without breaking the budget.

• Free EMV/NFC terminal: Open an account and you don’t have to pay for a fully compliant and up-to-date terminal that processes both EMV and NFC. Restrictions may apply.

• Free credit card reader: Every Flagship account comes with a complementary mobile credit card reader to help businesses get started selling right away.

• 24/7 support: Dedicated representatives are always available for immediate merchant support.

• Don’t pay extra for American Express: They offer American Express processing at the same rate as Visa, MasterCard and Discover.

by Beverly Harzog Credit Cards Contributing Editor

Beverly Harzog is a nationally-recognized credit card expert, consumer advocate and author. She’s appeared on Fox News, CNN Newsource, NBC New York and more. Her advice has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Money Magazine, CNNMoney.com, The New York Times, Kiplinger, Real Simple, Time.com, Family Circle and much more.

Flagship Merchant Services Company Information