4.2/5 (76 ratings)

About Fattmerchant

Fattmerchant, based in Orlando, Florida, is revolutionizing the payment technology industry by offering powerful credit card processing for small to medium-sized businesses across the United States. There has always been a need for a simple, honest processor in the market, and we deliver just that. With Fattmerchant, customers are never charged the unnecessary fees and high hidden markups that other merchant services providers are notorious for. We offer a wide variety of payment technology solutions and work with you to select the one that will best fit your business. Fattmerchant is simply better payment processing. Call us today!

Fattmerchant Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fattmerchant?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fattmerchant?

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

As a business owner we always come across processors and switch thinking they'll save us money and after couple months we regret it. Switching to Fattmerchant was the best move we made for our business. They provided us with the best terminals and best rates and service was outstanding. Customer service is the fastest to answer and quickest to resolve any issues or questions. 5 star ratings.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

We have been using the in office terminals for a few years and had a wonderful experience. Our partners had been looking at doing online payments for our patients and did research on several different companies. I reached out to Fattmerchant. The processing fees we the selling point for our doctors. Once we started the integration with online payments it went so smoothly. The account manager helped me set up my online dashboard, showed me the link I can use on the website, attached to invoices, etc. We have been using the online payments now for about two months and have had a wonderful experience.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

Please consider another company. When you need support they only allow email. They will answer your questions with one liner emails back. If you don't respond back to the email fast enough they close the ticket. The phone number they give in the emails to contact them goes to an answering service, you will be on hold to get to the answering service for anywhere between 15-30 minutes, the girl will tell you, "Call volume is high today so you will need to wait." You wait another 15-30 minutes and when someone finally answers they tell you you need to talk to Fattmerchant.

You can not do refunds easily, and the end of day never matches our software system because things like refunds do not show up. You have to use several programs to do business with these people and they all say the other business is responsible for your issues. Or the last resort they use is it's the customer's bank! Error 657. The customer's bank is blocking the transaction. The customer calls their bank while in our busy lobby to be told there is not an issue on their end. In 5 years in business we have never had these ERROR messages happen!! So the client is inconvenienced and aggravated as is our staff! We are an extremely busy company and don't have time for these kind of issues. Yet Fattmerchant will not respond to us even after I sent literally 20 emails one after another asking to have someone call me!! Please, please, please do not use this company!!!!

Original review: July 22, 2019

The absolute worst experience I've ever had dealing with a processor. The only motivated part of the team was Sales, predictably. Submitted 3 separate pieces of information as requested and the sales person gave motivating emails over the course of 3 weeks- "it'll be ready soon"- all of which were not honored. I was repeatedly told that the case had been escalated but was mysteriously stuck in back end processing, and that's where the details end. To this day I am unable to reach them, get a response, or know what happened with our information. I've read other reviews that FattMerchant hits you with hidden fees, assuming you don't check your bank statements. We never even got that far. 1 month down the drain due to false promises. Don't bother with these guys.

Fattmerchant response

Hi there. We regret to hear that you didn't have a great experience working with us, but we hope you are able to find a processing solution that works for your business. Thank you for taking the time to write a review!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I started out processing with Fattmerchant a while back because other card processors were not living up to what they said they could deliver. Ever since the first day customer service has been amazing, I haven't had any issues processing any payments and the fees are the best. I have been recommending them to all my friends and family that have businesses.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I am a first-time business owner. I have been very pleased with how easy it is to use our credit card terminal. I have received outstanding customer service from Fattmerchant. This company has helped reduce the much of the stress that comes with starting my own business. I highly recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

My dental office has been with Fattmerchant for only one month and we have had outstanding customer service from them. The saving on their low fees is saving our dentist a unbelievable amount! We highly recommend this company.

Fattmerchant response

Thanks for the review, Tina. We are so glad to hear about your dentist's savings and look forward to providing him with exceptional service for years to come!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

We have only been with Fattmerchant for about 5 months, but they have not become distant with customer service. With the previous company we used, I would have to be on the phone for hours to fix one simple little problem. With Fattmerchant I call right in and get someone local. If they are not able to fix my problem over the phone they offer to send someone out right away because we are local. We have a local rep that is designated to us and Katie stays in touch with me often and responds to all my emails I send. This company is top notch!!

Fattmerchant response

Casey- It's always our pleasure to deliver the best experience for our members! Thank you for these kind words and show of support.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I have accepted credit cards for over 10 years and got tired of all the excessive fees tacked on at the end of the month and the yearly PCI compliance fee from my previous credit card processor. I switched to Fattmerchant recently and have been pleasantly surprised! They have excellent customer service, honest fees and a very easy and intuitive dashboard for submitting customer payments online. I would highly recommend that you give them a try!

Fattmerchant response

Hey Joseph! Thank you so much for this kind review. We look forward to continuing to provide the best processing for your business!

Original review: June 20, 2018

The experience I have had with Fattmerchant is the best experience I have had with any Merchant Services company. The customer service is professional and clear and their fees are transparent and the lowest I have ever seen! I would highly recommend them.

Fattmerchant response

Jessa - we are so glad to hear about your great experiences with Fattmerchant. Thanks for the kind review and continued support!

Original review: June 18, 2018

Fattmerchant is by far the best merchant service I have ever used. I was very skeptical at first. I mean a flat fee credit card service but Fattmerchant has made a believer out of me. I have been in business for my self since 1989 and by far they are the best I've ever used. If you are not using Fattmerchant then I strongly suggest you change NOW!

Fattmerchant response

Thank you so much for this kind review, Philip. We look forward to continuing to provide the best processing for your business!

Original review: June 7, 2018

We researched many companies before switching carriers, because we wanted a company that was transparent and didn't add too much cost to our business transactions. We loved the flat rate option, as we almost consistently have monthly transactions that save us money. The company is super easy to work with, has great customer service, and doesn't feel "crooked" in any way as many of the other companies do.

Fattmerchant response

Thanks for the kind review! Transparency is one of our core values and we are happy to provide trustworthy service to our partners.

Original review: June 5, 2018

Before signing on with Fattmerchant I did a considerable amount of research trying to obtain the fairest/lowest credit card processing fees for our non profit organization. I found an article that named Fattmerchant and a few others and after even more research I signed on with them. After nearly a year, the promised lower rates have continued. Furthermore, I was just solicited by another merchant service provider who has a new package designed for nonprofits, and though the rates were really close, they were still higher than we are paying with Fattmerchant. The transition from the old MSP to Fattmerchant was without issue and the fees are transparent. I would highly recommend this company.

Original review: June 4, 2018

We have been processing with Fattmerchant for almost a year now. Very professional organization and the charges are easy to understand and reasonable. They have made the simplest and most affordable way to process credit cards. Communication is fantastic. Thank you Fattmerchant!

Fattmerchant response

Thank you for taking the time to post this kind review and for your continued support!

Original review: June 4, 2018

We began with Fattmerchant several years ago when they were relatively new. From the beginning, they were very responsive and caring in response to all of our questions, and went out of their way to meet our need for individualized processing. (We are a law firm with unique requirements). The low fees are another fabulous aspect of their service. The flat-rate fees are lower than the competition, measured by practically any means, (we did our research). We have been so pleased with our switch to Fattmerchant.

Fattmerchant response

Original review: March 7, 2018

Fattmerchant is typical of the credit card industry - Misrepresented their services. I specifically asked if they do next day funding. The funds came thru after 48 hours despite my test deposit being done at 3pm EST. Now they won't refund my $100 after I told them to cancel their services. They seemed a breath of fresh air but their slick marketing is just that! I will be disputing this charge with my bank.

Fattmerchant response

I would like to apologize for this experience. What you have described here in no way reflects how we strive to do business, and I will be relaying these concerns to the appropriate parties in order to get you a resolution as quickly as possible. Thank you for your understanding as we work to get this resolved for you.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Updated Post 02/07/18. Called Fattmerchant and figured out they are ONLY a white label for a larger company called Bantam. Also, they are holding $60k from us, a small business! We talked with Marni from Fattmerchant and Justin ** from Bantam and they will NOT release our money, but they sure did accept it! They have no desire to help and they do not care about small businesses whatsoever. They are literally small business killers. Please, if you are small, medium or large do not use Fattmerchant (Customer service is -10 out of 5), Bantam, the company that took our money and do not have plans on releasing it for 180 days (Operations & Customer Support -10 out of 5)... Complete Apathy after they took our money and charged us a subscription. Never in my life have I seen something like this.

Original Post Below 02/04/18. To disclose that this is an honest post; my company was in the UCF incubator program just as Fattmerchant was and I was excited to work with them because we went through the same connections and mentors to get start up help. I felt it was a loyal and honorable action to support Fattmerchant because of our same connections. However, they are the worst company to deal with all around and the amount of money they have lost my company was not worth the money saved to transfer from a different merchant. 100% honest truth.

If I could give Fattmerchant zero stars I would. They have lost thousands of my company's dollars during the onboarding process, when it was obvious employees were not trained correctly or prepared for new clients. Fattmerchant went back and forth with my company requesting more and more documents, blaming things on risk management and NEVER getting back to me or any of my business partners. This resulted in a delay of my company being able to receive money. Thousands were lost and I also was yelled at, interrupted and accused by Marni ** the "Director of Operations".

Other than that, my company has been growing very quickly and Fattmerchant still to this date has and has been holding over $45,000 of the company's money. We need the money to pay employees, vendors, company expenses to survive and so the company can operate. Again after numerous amount of calls and emails, Carlos my second "rep" and sixth different employee to talk to never called back or picked up a call. We still don't have that money they've been holding for 10 days. Fattmerchant recently received their seed B funding for $5 million dollars and are expanding much too fast. Their customer service is 0 of 5 stars, their risk management is 0 of 5 stars, their onboarding process is 0 of 5 stars which means their internal operations is 0 of 5 stars.

Fattmerchant response

Hi Brad, we're very sorry to hear about this experience. We're always here to help, so please feel free to reach out at any time to discuss this issue further. We always act with the merchant in mind, and are disheartened to hear this in response to an interaction you've had with our team. Again, our apologies and I thank you for your understanding as we work toward a resolution for you.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

The same thing happened with us as the same negative review that was posted. I have a clean merchant processing history with 2 other processors I'm currently with. They are quick to draw you in into their so called "wonderful company," but one thing I've learned is NEVER to believe any of these positive reviews. So I completed an application without any problems and the same exact thing happened to me, was complete ignored after the application was completed. The same person never bothered to return calls or keep up her emails, just stalling and lies left and right.

I was straight forward with them about my processing history and volume without any problems. Then all of the sudden, they started wanting the strangest of all information that I was never required to send any processing company. NEVER send any processing company a business checking account information whatsoever. They will debit your account left and right and you have no protection from any banks, just personal accounts you can dispute the transactions, to the second they start dipping into your bank account that's a business class, you're screwed.

So anyhows, ** was on the phone numerous time and started asking me for all these reports, such as summary of inventory for 2016, profit loss statements etc. Nothing but BS stalling tactics. But before that, they had a 2.9% +.3 flat rate program that they said I'd qualify for. But their intentions was to yes me to death and they did nothing. They have all my personal information and financials, that they have probably thrown somewhere in a public place.

2 Things I've learned, (1) the processing companies dont care about you as a merchant. The reality is that no one is going to help you except yourself. When there's a chargeback, no one is willing to help you, even though you know the buyer is committing fraud. Your own processing company is there just to hit you with a fee, they are nothing but paper pushers. When you contact the buyer's credit card company, they will do nothing as well. (2) Never believe any of these reviews that are positive about merchant processing companies, especially FattMerchant. If you look at the application, they are backed by another company.

Scumbag processing companies will contract themselves with other "resellers" to hide behind. If you look at the application, always google the actual underwriter or real processing company behind the people you're calling. 9 times out of 10, they are nothing but crooks. Read what you sign, avoid lengthy contracts, mid-qualified surcharges and termination fees. Some of these scumbag companies make their livelihood off the termination fees because they will conduct less than ethical business practices and make you cancel the contract while holding thousands of dollars of your own money (which is why you never ship anything out until the money is in your bank account not before) and stick you with their termination fee. The bottom line is trust no one except yourself. Be very wary about these processing companies. Do your research and go with what you find is acceptable.

Fattmerchant response

We'd like to apologize about the experience you've detailed here. This is not how we strive to operate, and are disheartened to hear this response come from an interaction you've had with Fattmerchant. We understand your frustration, but would like to reassure you that we always act with the merchant's best interest in mind, following the strictest of security standards and never including hidden fees. We're always here to help so please don't hesitate to reach out at any time.

Original review: June 20, 2017

I read some good reviews for Fattmerchant online so I decided to give them a try. BIG mistake! I found them to be unresponsive, opaque and generally unhelpful. It seems that everyone lives in their own silo and doesn't communicate with each other. Their portal was also quite amateur - something a high school kid could implement better in a hack-a-thon.

Original review: April 5, 2017

We enjoy the service machine of Fattmerchant. Also, not paying the additional credit card processing fee was a big savings for us since we process quite a bit each month. I've only had a couple of times I needed to call their reps but both times they were very responsive and knowledgeable. I'm a big fan of Fattmerchant. And I've referred them to a few other people that own businesses here locally.

Fattmerchant response

Hello Rob! Thank you for this review! We appreciate the kind words and continued support. Happy processing!

Original review: April 3, 2017

I was looking up different options and saw that Fattmerchant was local. When I called them, they were the quickest at getting back to me. I had to speak with Sid a lot and she's been very helpful. She walked me through a lot of different issues at the beginning and was always there when I had a question. We were with First Data before through a bank, and Fattmerchant is way more user-friendly. It saves the credit card number longer and it's much easier to look customers up. Everyone in the office prefers Fattmerchant as opposed to what we were using.

We have one machine where we key in online for payments and then we have an over-the-counter processor that's 10 times faster than any store that I've been to. People commented all the time about how quickly it processes compared to anywhere else. It's been all-around easier from start to finish. Even the process of switching over was well worth everything in the end, with all the benefits that we've gained from Fattmerchant.

Fattmerchant response

Hi Nicole! Thank you for this wonderful review! We are so happy to hear that you've had a positive experience not only with our team but with our technology as well. Happy processing!

Original review: April 1, 2017

We've been working with Fattmerchant since January. Their interchange prices were better than other companies. Their service machine works just fine. However, we have no sort of direction. But I'm sure it wouldn't be complicated if we got a quick reference card. But the reps were perfectly wonderful over the phone. They're very helpful and friendly.

Fattmerchant response

Hi Angela! Thank you for this review! Please never hesitate to call us directly for assistance if you ever need it - we are always happy to help!

Original review: March 30, 2017

My experience with Fattmerchant ha been a hit and miss. When it came to putting our money in with Fattmerchant, we ran into some problems. We had a customer run a card for $10,000. He was from Germany and the system flagged him. We don't know him but we got to talk to the customer, his card was legitimate, but it still wasn't good enough to make everything happen.

He also tried his German card because he was trying his American card, but that didn't work. So he ran two cards with $5,000, but it was just a pain in the ass. So the guy had to wire transfer. Aside from him, another legitimate customer got stuck in the way of it. So it wasn't just the one customer I couldn't buy parts for, it was two. There needs to be a way to resolve that issue quicker. There was money laying there for three days and nobody knew what was going on with it. But I had worked with other companies and it happened with everybody. And I would still recommend Fattmerchant. Their customer service is cool because I get to talk to people. It's way better than most of the other ones, where I talk to machines.

Fattmerchant response

Hi Herb! Thank you for the review! We take feedback like this seriously and are looking into the matter. We appreciate the kind words regarding our team however and wish you the very best moving forward.

Original review: March 21, 2017

I started making phone calls to different credit card processing companies that I was looking into and I really liked the way the representatives from Fattmerchant held themselves out and explained things. They were knowledgeable, friendly, upbeat, encouraging and very helpful in answering all my questions. Fattmerchant has saved us some money which is always good. We started using their system 4 months ago and it has worked flawlessly since.

Fattmerchant response

Hi Stephanie! Thank you for this kind review - so happy to hear everything is working seamlessly for you. Happy processing!

Original review: March 19, 2017

Fattmerchant had a better rate than the other credit card processing companies and their customer service was great. I’ve been working with them for four months already and my experience with them has been fine.

Fattmerchant response

Hi Rob - we really appreciate the review! Looking forward to continuing to work with you and your business. Happy processing!

Original review: March 17, 2017

I've been working with Fattmerchant for two months now. The moment I gave them a confirmation that I wanted to start with them, they knew what to do and it was really easy. I've been with other merchant companies for more than a year and a half and I had some problems. Fattmerchant seems more reliable. All credit cards and merchant companies seem like they'll give me the information in the beginning, but after a few months, I probably will pay more than what I'm supposed to. But with Fattmerchant, I pay as much as I charge. If I charge a little bit, I'll also get to pay it. I know I can trust the amount I am charging.

My service machine works great. I charge my swiper once a week. However, I have one problem with the swiper of SwipeSimple. When a customer pays me more or less and I refund him, the refund shows that it goes through, but I cannot really send him the receipt that he got the refund because it sends him the receipt of the charge that I got from before. So basically, the customer trusts me that I gave a refund, but I cannot really show how. Other than that, I recommend Fattmerchant to friends.

Fattmerchant response

Hello Meir! Thank you so much for this kind review. We love getting feedback from our members, so thank you for taking the time. Happy processing!

Original review: March 15, 2017

We've been working with Fattmerchant for at least two years and have been very pleased. They've always been on top of things when we run into troubleshooting, and every time we would call and have questions, the account manager for our salon always has an answer for them. The experience was phenomenal and I've been telling a lot of people about them.

Fattmerchant response

Hello Aaron! We really appreciate your continued support of Fattmerchant, and this kind review! Happy to hear all is well with your salon - thanks for being such a great member!

Original review: March 12, 2017

I heard about Fattmerchant through Dining Alliance. I contacted Fattmerchant and had them do an analysis on my credit card processing. Their rates were much lower than what I was currently paying, so I switched over and have been working with them since November. I've had to call them not too many times, but they were very helpful when I do. They’ve been pretty decent to me. Overall, it's been a great experience with Fattmerchant.

Fattmerchant response

Hello Melissa! So happy we were able to provide you with a better payments experience. Thank you for this kind review and your continued support - happy processing!

Original review: March 6, 2017

The first 30 days with Fattmerchant were extremely rough and I was ready to cancel. The sales job was done great, but the execution and the implementation was horrible. They sent the machine but there was no training or guide to say how it works. I had to call quite a bit and was very frustrated on the back end how things were set up. But it's working fine now, and customer service was polite.

Fattmerchant response

Hi Jeff! So sorry to hear this. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there is ever anything you need going forward. We're happy to hear things have been going well, however, and look forward to continuing to work with you and your business!

Original review: March 2, 2017

I belong to Dining Alliance which is a buying cooperative and we decided to go with Fattmerchant for price's sake. Everybody's been very helpful and I haven't any specific issues. I'd give them an A-plus and I'd definitely recommend them.

Fattmerchant response

Hi Cinda! Thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review. We appreciate the positive feedback and look forward to continuing to work with you and your business.

Fattmerchant Company Information